[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Board Game General /bgg/ - Back from the grave edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 53

File: 1477892500079.jpg (1MB, 1600x2133px) Image search: [Google]
1477892500079.jpg
1MB, 1600x2133px
>Last thread
>>53134285
>Pastebin
>http://pastebin.com/NA2W929q

Slept late, saw no /bgg/ but I've got no time to ask smart questions, work beckons. What're you planning/playing this weekend? Assuming it's payday (gotta be for somebody) what new toy are you running off to grab after work?
>>
>>53198621
Not payday, but I managed to snag a copy of 'Panic Station' for less than $20 delivered to my doorstep. :)
>>
>>53198621
>What're you planning/playing this weekend?
Stronghold with the wife is probably all this weekend. Maybe a little netrunner, who knows.
>Assuming it's payday what new toy are you running off to grab after work?
Nothing's beckoning to my wallet right now, too much stuff I already have hasn't seen enough plays and there aren't really any hot releases drawing me astray. And I have enough kickstarters I'm waiting on.
>>
>>53198621
>Assuming it's payday (gotta be for somebody) what new toy are you running off to grab after work?
I may not get it this paycheck, but I'd like to pick up a copy of Forbidden Stars before it's too late
>>
File: mVcljRR.png (5KB, 458x73px) Image search: [Google]
mVcljRR.png
5KB, 458x73px
Still looking for a game to play with my girlfriend. I searched for the games people suggested but they seemed too heavy. Is Elder Sign good for two? I really like the theme. And i made some research and found those game on pic.
>>
>>53200047
forgot to mention that those are games that i can find easily around here and i dont have to import them.
>>
>>53198621

Probably nothing

> Assuming it's payday (gotta be for somebody) what new toy are you running off to grab after work?

Too early for payday, but I'm thinking about ordering more heroscape.
>>
Got a meetup on Saturday, but I probably won't bring anything that takes too long - maybe Good Cop Bad Cop or Multiuniversum. That reminds me, I need to invite some gaming buddies round for some of my heavier games
>Assuming it's payday (gotta be for somebody) what new toy are you running off to grab after work?
Ehhhhh... I might get that adaptor that lets you play Loopin' Chewie with 6 players (I got two sets for my brothers), or maybe Star Realms (with plenty of sleeves), or I could see if there's a reasonably-priced copy of Star Trek Catan floating around (there's one copy on eBay going for about $120 right now)...
>>
>>53200047
Star Realms is pretty good, you can test it and Ascension out on the app first. A friend of mine loves 7 Wonders Duel, not sure how it actually plays. Imperial Settlers gets mentioned here a few times too.
>>
>>53200047
>>53200060
Elder Sign is definitely fine at 2 (play 2 investigators each tho) it's a co-op so it scales well, box says 1-8 players, but it's really 1-4 (maybe 5 if you're desperate). Down time can be quite a bit with all the upkeep so 2 will actually feel better than 4.

Off your list in the pic? Flash Point/Pandemic are better co-op than Elder Sign, and King of Tokyo is a better yatzhee game. Elder Sign is a good core (it's a Knizia base design) but the theme is pasted on, and the game doesn't get really good depth without one of the last 3 expansions (Gates, Ice, Deep). Depends what you're really looking for, but Elder Sign the theme is all card text, which if you don't read, falls apart. If you're into Lovecraft, turn the lights down, play some spooky music, and make sure to read each card out loud as you play; it'll extend the game quite a bit, but it'll feel more alive.

Flash Point family variant is stupid simple, and I'm not sure I'd play it more than once to learn, unless I'm playing with small kids. The full game however has the ability to scale difficulty up/down really well, there's a lot of knobs to turn for complexity, and you don't NEED the expansions, but a single map pack for $10-15 gives a lot of variety. I always recommend it over Pandemic, not because it's a better game really, but because it's parts are more modular (play with just roles but no ambulance for easy, add extra hot spots/hazmat beyond what's called for if you want it to be Ghost Stories hard) and the dice makes it less predictable than Pandemic, so your strategies really can't be "perfect".

KoT is just the perfect dice chucker; push your luck, not a lot of options to cause AP, and fast; not a lot to be said about it, since the game is so straightforward, which is prolly why it gets more play than KoNY

Everything in your pic is good, recommended for casual gaming/2p. I'd skip Imperial Settlers, Hellas, Blood Rage til you know her likes/what works for you both.
>>
Anyone else really enjoy playing Welcome to the Dungeon? Debating the expansion now.
>>
>>53200388
>>53200466
Thanks bois. Really great advices.
Im now leaning towards the elder sign ( she loves horror stories and we are currently watching Penny Dreadful so the lovecraftian stuff would be nice but i dont know for how long ), and pandemic ( She is a biologist so the theme probably would please her too). I'll ask her about the themes of some of those games and see what i can take out of that list.
>>
File: 1468107112310.png (3KB, 273x287px) Image search: [Google]
1468107112310.png
3KB, 273x287px
>there's one copy on eBay going for about $120 right now
>post yfw Minifig wasn't lying
>>
>>53201584
>Minifig wasn't lying
He never lies, he just isn't always 100% accurate
>there's a copy on boardlandia for $50, 21 on amazon for $80 each, and BGG marketplace has them as low as €20
>>
File: mountain.jpg (36KB, 300x419px) Image search: [Google]
mountain.jpg
36KB, 300x419px
>>53198621
Planning on some A Game of Thrones LCG with my brother. I have to beat him this time since he kicked my ass last game. It's about the only 2 player game i can get him to play any more. It's pretty fun when we stay competitive with each other
>>
>>53198621
>playing this weekend
Pandemic legacy maybe got a lot of dinners to attend.

>buying
Nothing at the moment but I just got seen vs avengers dice master starter so that may change soon
>>
>>53204157
>seen
X-Men
>>
>>53202688
>He never lies, he just isn't always 100% accurate
I'll take that in the spirit in which it was given.

But seriously, $120.
>>
File: art_jolnar-ti.png (798KB, 600x862px) Image search: [Google]
art_jolnar-ti.png
798KB, 600x862px
Question on Twilight Imperium 3ed Core: Say you're playing a 4 person game, if a player takes the Initiative Strategy, does that mean they can't use the primary ability on their other strategy card they choose? If not, do you still play it so everyone else can still tap the secondary ability? A massive argument broke out over this last night and answers on this are sparse online.
>>
>>53204886
Yeah there's no argument for that stupidity; I mean I get that Catan has changed hands, and the ST license might not've gone with it, but still that's crazy high gouging.
>>
>>53198621
>what new toy are you running off to grab after work?
Honestly?
http://www.eaglegames.net/product-p/101010.htm cause I played the fuck out of this when I was a kid (along with axis n allies)
>>
>>53206325
You can use the primary ability of your second strategy card.
>>
>>53206870
Thanks for the response. Would you happen to have anything official to back that up?
>>
>>53206923
See page 31 for the four player rules. These modify the standard rules, which means that the game is played normally except for these alterations. If taking initiative in a four player game prevented you from taking a strategy action on your turn and activating the primary ability of your second strategy card, this is where it would say so.

It does not say so.

Also note that players don't take both their strategy card actions on the same turn, in case that was also unclear.
>>
>>53207120
Much appreciated
>>
>>53206923
Page 31 of the rulebook.
>Since each player will have two Strategy cards, players must now execute two separate Strategic Actions at some point during the Action Phase (one for each of their Strategy cards) before they are allowed to pass. Each individual Strategic Action is resolved as normal. A player may choose which of his Strategy Cards to execute first
>>
>>53200510
No one? This is my favorite filler game right now
>>
>>53207748
It's good, the hype was a little too high for it at release (though Iello did a really good job on the reprint), but I think that hurt it. It'll definitely stick around, and will be a push your luck filler that lasts for several years, but I think it's in the downswing like what happened with Spyfall. It came out, everyone screamed how awesome it was and it should win SDJ, and then 3 months later they forgot all about it for Codenames. 12-15 months later Spyfall has a standalone expansion, and it gets a lot of love, and I see it played all the time, but people don't gush over it like before. If someone asks to play they'll say sure, and enjoy it thoroughly, but it doesn't jump into a lot of minds when doing a word association with "filler"
>>
File: 1482704381925.jpg (12KB, 480x295px) Image search: [Google]
1482704381925.jpg
12KB, 480x295px
>>53207748
I didn't like it at all. Maybe I played it wrong or something, but I felt almost ashamed after I showed it off and the boredom everyone felt was palpable.
>>
>>53206527
You're in luck anon, you'll get free shipping as long as you live in the US
>>
>>53207748
I really like it too anon. Apparently the stand-alone expansion doesn't really integrate well with the original because of the way equipment works, but it's fine if you just want another copy with different monsters and adventurers.

>>53208226
It happens man, don't feel bad. The first time I brought Spyfall along it fell flatter than Keira Knightley's chest. With a couple subsequent plays we got the hang of it and now enjoy it, but not every group is going to love every game.
>>
I need help finding the name of a board game or toy from my childhood.

The toy was some monster head. You played on the monster's tongue. The tongue was mechanical and slowly reeled back in. The goal of the game was to roll die and escape from the tongue before your piece was physically eaten.

I barely remember it or any details. Does anyone have any idea of what I'm thinking of?
>>
>>53210873
Snardvark.
>>
>>53210742

True, some groups wont be receptive to some games.

I remember having shadows over camelot and everyone in our group fucking hated it. We love coops, it should've been a slam dunk. Played quite a few times, thinking we were doing something wrong. With traitor, without traitor. In the end I just had to get rid of it. I dont even think it's a bad game mechanically, but we never had a good time playing it.
>>
>>53210970
Thank you.
>>
>>53198621
> planning
Arkham Horror LCG, or maybe Pandemic Legacy (depend if I'm willing to invite some friends or if it will just be my gf and I)

>Buying
Beside X-Wing, Arkham LCG, either the core vox or Dunwitch expansion. The base game feel poor and only one copy of the card is a pain.

Should I get another core box and roll with the first campaign with different character or should I get the expansion ?
>>
>>53213741
Expansions, proxy the second set
>>
>>53198621
Planning
Got invited to a friend's house, it's 2 couples and lonely me. Anyone got medium weight 5 player game recs? Not very"fuck you" style.
>>
>>53213800
Fucking FFG cucks, deliberately including only 1 out of 3 copies of a card in their LCG core sets, they can choke on 3 tonnes of horse cocks, I won't fall for that scam.
>>
>>53213814
Kemet
>>
Do you guys sometimes feel your favorite board game becomes a bit stale and start changing some rules for it?
>>
Just got back from a meetup, mostly played games that are nominated for this year's UK Games Expo Awards
>Ominoes
Cute little dice game - I lost pretty bad, but I definitely had fun
>Baobab
Charming dexterity game where you have to layer circular cards on top of the game tin to make a tree. Fuck toucans, and fuck bees
>Fishy Tactics
I'm tempted to buy this at full price, and I definitely wish I'd backed it - the whole thing is so beautifully simple and family-friendly.
>Holmes: Sherlock & Mycroft
Holy BALLS is this bad. You have three meeples, and you can use them to spend tokens to buy cards, or get tokens to buy more cards. At the end, the person with the most of a certain type of card gets points.

That's it. That's the whole game. Yes, you can put a meeple on a beagle named Toby, but that's not enough to make this a good game.

Finished up with some Sushi Go Party to wash the taste of the shitty Sherlock Holmes game out of my mouth; the owner won by a stupid amount, which just made it even more fun.
>>
>>53216051
No - because my group and I haven't played a ton of the same game (or small number of games) yet. We game 2 twice a month, but one of those two meet ups is RPG gaming. (Having a kick-ass campaign of "Mutant: Year Zero" at the moment.) That said, there's nothing wrong with liking a game and tweaking it to add interest / improve its longevity with the group. It's just easier to do this with story telling systems (like RPGs) than it is for most board games.
>>
File: Clue_Poster.jpg (34KB, 345x533px) Image search: [Google]
Clue_Poster.jpg
34KB, 345x533px
Seriously though, why IS this such a great movie?
>>
>>53219649
Tim Curry.
How is that even a question?
>>
>>53219649
The fact that it emulates the basic conceit of the board game well (even including the secret passages) and poking enough fun that you know it's affectionate in its piss-taking.
>>
Why does betrayal at the house on the hill suck so much?
>>
>>53221300
Oh, look the question that always gets posted at least once a week.
>>
>>53221300
because you like gameplay instead of a story.
>>
>>53221300
Because it's just boardgame ad-libs.
>>
>>53220251
This, every movie he's in is gold
>One leg Jim, count em. One.
>>
>Playing my first game of Kingdom Death Monsters
>My first survivor is still alive
>Has the Twilight Sword, Thrill Seeker, Berserker, Bitter Frenzy, almost all stats have at least +1
>Next year is not only Hooded Knight, but also King's Man
I'm getting tense. The guy running the game says he's never played a game thats survived the King's Man. I know were currently strong, but I dunno if were gonna be strong enough.
>>
>>53198621
had a $250 voucher from my 21st.
got Terra Mystica, Sheriff of nottingham (not a fan), and Citadels
Played all yesterday, had a ball. Getting great Western Trail later in the week and playing that followed by a trivia night. Monday is my Uni-BG weekly meet, gonna play some Caverna and Inis. Good week for boardgames.
>>
>>53200510
I've got the original japanese version so I never looked at the expansion. Or is it a stand alone game?
>>
I played Carcassonne for the first time (not counting many hours of J-Cloister) today. Am I the only one who finds farming to take so long on a physical board that it's better to play without it?
>>
>>53223252
Let me know your thoughts on Terra Mystica. I've really been looking into it recently
>>
>>53225520
>finds farming to take so long on a physical board
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>53224799
Dungeon of Mandom original? Nice. The expansion is a standalone Welcome Back to the Dungeon with a couple extra bits
>>
>>53225520
Nope, you just have to not be retarded.
>>
>>53221863
>because you like gameplay instead of a story.
The point of a boardgame is, like it says on the tin, to play a game. (Not "tell stories".)

There are other mediums that are suited for telling stories, and boardgames aren't it.
>>
>>53227684
I agree, I was merely pointing out a probable cause for his lack of enjoyment.
>>
>>53198621
Just hosted my brother's birthday party. Played a pretty dated game called Brief History of the World. It's basically a precursor to Small World. Not an incredibly deep game, but fun, even if dice chucky. We then had too many people to gather around later for one of his other games, so I pulled out Cash N Guns. Finally got to pay with special powers. Not drastically game changing, but I'll be using them for future games.
>>
>>53198621
Played 4-man Castles of Burgundy, and a couple of rules issues sprung up.
Were we correct in:
A.- not giving out any more workers at the beginning of every phase after the first?
B.- assuming position in the boat track is persistent throughout all phases?
>>
>>53227684
I grieve for the death of your inner child, anon.
>>
>>53231631
Even children get frustrated when they figure out you're only pretending to give them real choices.
>>
File: tmp_19334-Aegis356949944.png (775KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_19334-Aegis356949944.png
775KB, 1024x576px
Just Backed A.E.G.I.S for the Deluxe pack. Played it at a few cons over the years, and I think my local game lounge will enjoy it on board game night. Sucks that it will be almost a year before I get it though.
>>
>>53221863
Betrayal doesn't tell a story. Mansions of madness tells a story. Betrayal is just repetitively flipping room tiles face up until a loose "story" is tacked on. Even then it isn't a story.

The reason Betrayal sucks is ACTUALLY because until the haunt occurs, there is no gameplay. You make no decisions, just "I explore through a door, a room appears and I follow the event/omen/item instructions".
>>
>>53233012
It kinda tells a story, in the same way say Xia tells a story. That emergent story thing can be cool, but yeah. You need to have the player make decisions and actually guide it with, say, a game that has a goal. The most decision making you get in Betrayal before the haunt is finding the vault and deciding if you want to try to do that or not. But then that pointless first part bleeds into the next part because the arbitrary stuff they happens heavily influences whether you have a chance or not on the haunt.
>>
>>53198621
I'm gonna download the terra mysica app and give it a shot. I'd rather spend $10 to test it out before I pay $70 and risk not liking the game
>>
File: you had my curiosity.jpg (49KB, 625x374px) Image search: [Google]
you had my curiosity.jpg
49KB, 625x374px
>>53232964
Ok anon, you've got my interest. Can you tell me more about the experience and how the game plays? I'm dying for a robot fighting game that isn't trash, my hopes are now up that this could be the one. What did you like about it and is there anything you wish was done differently?
>>
>>53234469
http://lodev.org/tmai/
https://terra.snellman.net/
>>
>>53234737
Sweet, thanks anon!
>>
>>53200510
I own it and I've played it a few times. So far it's been interesting but it's never been "on the edge of your seat intense". I think I need to play it a few more times to get an accurate assessment but for the moment I'm more like >>53208226
>>
I need a boardgame for a birthday present, about 50/60 euros total.
We already have Catan, Mansions of Madness, Descent, Dominion and Zombicide. Something not too hard for 5/6 players.
It it's in spanish, that would be great
>>
>>53235828
Carcassonne

It's one of my favorite games hands down and I will always recommend it to anyone who doesn't have it. The base game plays up to five people so you will have to get the Inns and Cathedrals expansion because it adds another color for a sixth player.

The tiles and game pieces have no words on them so they are language independent but I'm not sure if the rules are available in Spanish, sorry anon.
>>
>>53227684
https://youtu.be/7R6_Chr2vro?t=15s
>>
>>53236116
Carcassonne is such a huge title they're probably available in fucking Yoruba.
>>
File: vp8jU5X.gif (789KB, 444x272px) Image search: [Google]
vp8jU5X.gif
789KB, 444x272px
>Gencon event catalog dropped today
>2 weeks to see what's available, what I want to demo, figure out how to slot it into a schedule so there's room for sleep/meals, and have 5 backups for every timeslot because when registration goes live the system is sure to shit itself
My OCD lives for days like today
>>
File: 6537466.jpg (38KB, 436x272px) Image search: [Google]
6537466.jpg
38KB, 436x272px
Can't wait for them to arrive.
>>
>>53238561
>$498
Jeez anon
I'm sure it's good, but is really it ten other games good?
>>
File: why.jpg (9KB, 170x296px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
9KB, 170x296px
>>53238561
>$498
Good Lord almighty.
>>
>>53238561
I hope you fucking LOVE that game anon. and your friends also like it enough to play with you
>>
>>53238561
Sub Terra is one that I'd have liked to have backed, but my gaming budget has limits.
>>
>>53238561
I wish I had $438. Being in college is rough
>>
File: kickstarterboardgames.jpg (104KB, 1051x628px) Image search: [Google]
kickstarterboardgames.jpg
104KB, 1051x628px
>>53238561
I've got some things along the way. Already made back all my money from selling Dark Souls. Going to make more once they ship the stretch goals and I sell those and the bosses I got. Rising Sun is another safe bet that I'll be able to sell it for a profit if reports come in that it ain't great or even just piece meal out stuff I don't want from the bonus stuff. Deadly Premonition I plan to downgrade to the $30 tier if they don't give us a rule book and more details soon, but god damnit I WANT to like it.
>>
>bought a sealed copy of Avalon Hill printing of Dragon Pass for $40-50USD less than unsealed copies
>arrived in mail today in well-padded package

tell me about your OOP purchase successes /bgg/
>>
>>53232964
I just read through the rules and I'm very impressed, I really think I'm gonna back this game
>>
File: IMG_20170514_221319151.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170514_221319151.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
>muh board state
I wish I was getting anything but living in the South is economically distressing, to say the least. I have good friends to play bg with though, so I'm ok with it. I'm starting to look at Descent but y'all mostly hate it, right? Does it do anything right? We play a lot of Elysium too and I'd like to get another card drafting game to the table.
>>
Can someone recommend me a decent dungeon crawler on the cheap end of things? I really don't want to blow $100+ on the new Warhammer Quest.
>>
>>53238561
Mythic battles doesn't even look that good dang man.
>>
>>53200047
My qt3.14 gf and I play all the time. Just got her an expansion for one of her birthday gifts.
>>
>>53231574
pls halp
>>
>>53242914
I'm sorry anon, I've never played that one. Hopefully someone else comes along
>>
>>53231574
Yes and yes
>>
>>53232964
I read some reviews of it. Interested but a bit sad all the combat is dice based.

I like that it has free international shipping though.
>>
File: Raid on St. Nazaire.jpg (59KB, 397x543px) Image search: [Google]
Raid on St. Nazaire.jpg
59KB, 397x543px
>>53241267
>tell me about your OOP purchase successes /bgg/

Picked up a copy of this in mint / unplayed condition for an incredibly reasonable price.
>>
>>53243166
Is Torres out of print? Game day bring and buy for £10.
>>
>>53198621
Painting Shadows of Brimstone very slowly. Great game, but the models are detailed. They are posed great, but lacking finer detail/sharp lines etc.
>>
>>53206325
I'm confused as to why they wouldn't use both cards? You have to use both cards before passing.
>>
File: 01.jpg (269KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
269KB, 980x735px
Who wants to do an unboxing /bgg/?
>>
>>53244159
>straya post
go for it m8__
>>
File: 02.jpg (240KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
240KB, 980x735px
>>53244239
Righto then, what do we have in here?
>>
File: 03.jpg (273KB, 735x980px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
273KB, 735x980px
>>53244244
why, it's a box full of games! and not Scythe like it says on the side thank god
>>
File: 04.jpg (305KB, 735x980px) Image search: [Google]
04.jpg
305KB, 735x980px
>>53244257
First up is Mare Nostrum and the expansion, can't wait to rule the Mediterranean.
>>
File: 05.jpg (256KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
256KB, 980x735px
>>53244270
What else do we have....
>>
File: warcults.jpg (2MB, 2604x3397px) Image search: [Google]
warcults.jpg
2MB, 2604x3397px
>>53198621
Is nobody else gonna mention the game in OP's pic? Been curious about it for a while, but not sure if it would be my kind of thing.
>>
File: 06.jpg (323KB, 735x980px) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
323KB, 735x980px
>>53244283
Oh my, it's Merchants and Marauders plus expansion. Looks like the Caribbean shall also be mine.
>>
File: 07.jpg (291KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
291KB, 980x735px
>>53244291
I think there's still something left...
>>
File: 08.jpg (351KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
351KB, 980x735px
>>53244299
Ah, Kemet plus Ta-seti!
>>
File: 09.jpg (336KB, 980x735px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
336KB, 980x735px
>>53244303
And that's my gaming budget for this 6 months, and it still cost me less than >>53238561 's Mythic Battles Kickstarter.
>>
>>53244287
Someone around here shill's for it all the time, I'm guessing he made the OP image as well. I think it's pretty hard to find a copy of so not many people have played it or heard of it.
>>
>>53244303
How's Ta-seti? Does it improve the base game?
>>
>>53244395
Well as you can see I haven't played it yet. But most people swear by it for adding an additional colour (black) and fixing the turn order problem.
>>
File: uglyogre-gore-3.jpg (14KB, 300x409px) Image search: [Google]
uglyogre-gore-3.jpg
14KB, 300x409px
>>53244315
Good haul anon, Kemet and M&M are solid games and the expansions for both are very flexible with how you can implement their respective modules

Just throw in the black power tiles, Dawn phase and extra cards from Ta-Seti (>>53244395 I haven't used the Path to Ta-Seti module yet so I can't comment on that) for Kemet and the extra cards along with any variants to help mitigate the imbalance in favour of merchants in the base game from Seas of Glory for M&M, you'll be fine and the experience will be improved greatly

no idea about Mare Nostrum, though I am keen to play it at some point are you in Melbourne by any chance?

>>53244287
Since I'm the one that always shills Warcults like >>53244323 mentioned (but I didn't have anything to do with the OP, so there's two of us!) so the burden is on me to discuss/shill further

It's a fantastic hex-and-counter (moving cardboard tokens around on a hex grid map) fantasy wargame that evokes a lot of classic SPI/Avalon Hill/GMT conventions with regards to movement, stacking rules (the amount of units you can have in a single hex) and zone of control, but fortunately streamlines a lot of rules - the rulebook is massive at 92 pages, but there's a lot of illustrations and examples so it's closer to a 32-page AH rulebook as far as actual rules content goes. I personally find it very easy to digest but I generally play heavier games

Combat does not use a CRT (combat results table) like traditional wargames, but instead you do a best-of-three skirmish between stacks that involves comparing three stats that are adjacent to each other on the monsters cards (pic for example) and both players rolling a D12 for a modifier for each round. Let's say for example that I was the attacker and I had attacked with the "ST" stat and I had a ST of 9 and you had a ST of 13, if I roll a 8 and you roll a 3 I would win that round as 17 > 16.

(1/2)
>>
Arkham horror 12 player scenario at Gencon 50

I hope they release it as a POD too
>>
>>53244662
>Let's say for example that I was the attacker and I had attacked with the "ST" stat and I had a ST of 9 and you had a ST of 13, if I roll a 8 and you roll a 3 I would win that round as 17 > 16.
Yeah no. That sounds like super swingy Ameritrash game to me.
>>
>>53244287
>>53244662
As the defender, you get to choose either SP or WP as the next stat to compare against for combat. Let's say that you have a SP of 19 and I have a SP of 6, you would automatically win that round as I have absolutely no chance of being able to beat your stat regardless of whether I roll a 12 and you roll a 1. Then the last round happens and we use WP as a stat, whoever loses overall is destroyed unless the card says otherwise. If you're attacking with a ranged monster and you fail to kill, then nothing happens.

There's four different paper maps available and they have different objectives based on the map, either having control of the most pits by the end of the game (you choose between 9-13 turns), having control of a key bridge or having control of the most mines. The last map is a plain field and it's basically whoever can get the most points from killing opposing monsters. Players can enter the maps through any entrance (though I believe with the plain map you only get to choose which side of the map you enter from, I'm at work atm) which will allow you to figure out a strategy for how you want to have control of key chokepoints and so forth

That's the basics of the game, there's a lot more crazy shit that you can do in the game such as ramming monsters into chasms for insta-death, dig out tunnels (or collapse open areas so they're blocked off) to draw cards or obtain resources for spell casting/summoning units, random events which can affect the map such as creating obstacles or spawning NPC monsters that you can either attempt to subdue to make them join your side or you can slaughter them for additional kill points. Those kill points can be used to advance monsters into a certain skill path where they can gain additional stats such as being able to summon other units, dig and collapse tunnels more effectively and so forth

The game is still in stock and I totally recommend it, I also recommend looking at the videos posted on BGG (2/2)
>>
>>53243240

>Shadows of Brimstone

MY NIGGA
>>
>>53244662
sorry m8, I live about 2,500km north of you.
>>
>>53244707
sure, it revels in being Ameritrashy as hell but you can mitigate it to your advantage as each monster adds to the stats in stacks so having three of the example card in a stack would triple those numbers, if you pick your fights well you can effectively eliminate them "Euro-style" if you prefer but sometimes you will need to roll dice

but I imagine you're not the type who would like traditional CRTs in the first place
>>
>>53243055
So we played it right then, thanks, anon.
>>
>>53244688
I need to start getting those PoD scenarios for when I want to play the game but don't want to play through the Gathering again.
>>
>>53198621
It's gonna be board game weekend in a couple days!

Going to play some Blood Rage, Battlelore, The Others, and this new game I finally got from Kickstarter, Endure the Stars. Might play some Gloom too with the non-hardcore gamers.
>>
>>53244662
>>53244727
Thanks for the Warcults shilling anon, sounds interesting. Particularly the part about it being more streamlined. Do you think it would be easy enough to play with people who don't typically play wargames?
My normal gaming group enjoys heavier stuff (Alchemists, Eclipse, Twilight Struggle), and I'm pretty sure that they would enjoy the theme and the art. But I still feel like it might be a hard sell once they see all the cards and chits, especially if the rules take a while to explain.
>>
>>53245258
I've taught it to friends who don't play wargames and they've been able to pick up on the core rules fairly easily. Use the Initiation ruleset as it features a subset of rules that focuses on the core rules and pre-defined Warcults (as opposed to drafting in the normal rules) rather than burdening the players on random events and upgrading your monsters. It still features rules on digging and collapsing, but I've found that we tend to focus on the murdering when playing teaching games. It would have been nice if the rulebook was structured so that the Initiation ruleset was in one section, but thankfully each of the advanced rules have an icon next to them to indicate that they're not newbie-friendly. The rulebook encourages flexibility of which advanced rules to include to suit the experience to your group's preference and to progressively increase the complexity.

The rulebook is available as a PDF on the Cave Evil website, so that should help cement whether you should purchase it or not.
>>
>>53245046
Do it, they are alot more replayable. Hell I probably won't buy into the next campaign cycle and just buy the deluxe and whatever PODs come out
>>
>>53241693
There is Descent. It's 80 bucks though, but you can downloaded the app for free witch comes with 2 campaign and 2 more if you buy them.
>>
>>53245066
Let me know your thoughts on Blood Rage, I'm definitely interested in it
>>
So I finally played Inis, as a four player, and I'm a little confused. For the first hour of the game it was intense and a ton of fun, but once someone became pretender, the game basically turned into the other three players preventing the pretender from winning until an hour later, that person finally managed to win regardless.

Did we do something wrong? The person that would've won had one victory condition and was brenn, but lost brenn that round and ended up tied for the next hour until finally getting three victory conditions and brenn to break the tie.

>>53247364
Not that person but I enjoy it; I've played through 2.5 times now. I will say it is not a very rage-y game at all. Despite the theme, the title is quite the misnomer. I must also say that you should invest all of your won points into increasing your rage track since rage is so incredibly important.
>>
>>53222723
Make sure you FULLY UNDERSTAND how the pressure and king's step event stuff works. First time I played through solo I didn't read it correctly and didn't roll nearly enough on the battle tempo stuff.
>>
>>53246533
I will probably just pucker up and buy that or Dungeon Saga then. They supposedly have oodles of content so it will take a while to get bored. Still wish that there were cheaper options, I don't really need minis or anything.
>>
File: BowMG.gif (4MB, 327x194px) Image search: [Google]
BowMG.gif
4MB, 327x194px
>>53244315
>Mare Nostrume
>AND Merchants and Marauders
>AND Kemet
>AND Ta-Seti
mfw

>>53232964
Seems pretty easy to pick up and play, but the rules aren't tingling my brain stem quite like Giga Robo, so I'll probably pass.
>>
>>53249062
What if you missed out on Giga Robo, would you consider backing Aegis?
>>
>>53244159
Anon, where were you able to pick up the Mare Nostrum expansion?
>>
File: 1493837712441.jpg (39KB, 540x353px) Image search: [Google]
1493837712441.jpg
39KB, 540x353px
Name one game that has a high skill ceiling and isn't based on luck
>>
>>53251793
Chess
>>
Need some advice. Got into boardgaming two months ago. First one I bought was Betrayal at House on the Hill and I just love it. Now I bought DnD Wrath of Ashardalon and Codenames, any games you can recommend? I like RPGs, Co op and a game can be longer than 1 hour. The only downside is that it can't be too expensive.
>>
>>53251793
Caylus
>>
>>53251942

Eldritch Horror.

Not too expensive until you start looking at expansions, and Forsaken Lore is almost a necessity. Also look up Focus token rules and implement those ASAP too, you can use anything to mark Focus so any expansions that have them aren't necessarily needed.
>>
File: 1407894553026.jpg (58KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1407894553026.jpg
58KB, 500x375px
>Went through the rulebook for Terraforming Mars to learn how to play
>The rulebook is absolute shit
>Had to go to a playthrough video to learn the game
What game just has the worst rulebook you've encountered?

I know all the rules are probably in there somewhere, and I'm a dyslexic fuck who is actually pretty bad at this despite being the guy who teaches my group all the games, but this is just awful. There's no diagram of what everything on the card is. I couldn't for the life of me find anything explaining what the top right corner was until I went online and instead of going in depth on what one card did, they just had a spread of 5 cards labeled A through E and just had a long series of explanations that were basically "As you can see, Cards A, C, and D all produce yada yada while cards D and E take away such and such from your opponent" and you just have to play a game of what's the same between those 3 cards.
>>
File: 1468949297610.jpg (39KB, 471x655px) Image search: [Google]
1468949297610.jpg
39KB, 471x655px
is great western trail a fun game

is it better than terraforming mars

is it better than mansions of madness

i can only pick one
>>
>>53252084
>Sheep in the big city
Jesus christ I loved this show.
>>
>>53252084
The icons on the top right are "tags".
The one that looks like the steel icon on your board means you can pay for it with steel.
The one that looks like the titanium icon on your board means you can pay for it with titanium.
The others don't do anything on their own and are just there because other cards may interact with them.

It's really not that hard.

Also when a resource icon has a brown background it means "Production" and when any icon has a red background it means it affects other player's things too.
>>
>>53252176
>is it better than mansions of madness
2 or 1?
>>
>>53252258
I've only played one, it had an iPad companion app
>>
>>53252084
>What game just has the worst rulebook you've encountered?
Anything made by FFG prior to 2016?
>>
>>53252270
Thats 2. They are both good, but 1 is much harder work, one player is really doing the bulk of running the whole game.
I give 2 a good recommend.
>>
>>53252283
Stuff they put out after 2016 isn't that much of an improvement.
Dark, Darker, Darkest's manual is a clusterfuck.
>>
>>53252084
Myth / Mythic? Had a disastrously bad rulebook. IIRC some of their fans ended up redoing to make it even vaguely functional.
>>
>>53252336
I didn't wanna say ALL their games, because I'm sure there's one out there that the rulebook explains. I think they figure the shitty videos they put out that handle basic rules trump writing an actual rulebook.
>>
>>53252249
I learned what it did now and I understand it, it's not hard. I'm saying the rulebook did an awful job detailing it in any kinda order you'd expect it to be detailed in.
>>
>>53252176

You listed three games that are going to appeal to three very different types of people. Opinion, coming from someone who enjoys heavy euro games:

Great Western Trail is great. Be warned: while each individual part is simple there is a LOT of material to cover while teaching.

Terraforming Mars is fun for a few plays while exploring the various factions and card combos, but people hoping for meaty gameplay will find it wearing thin after a while. The more thematically minded will get more out of it.

I really enjoyed my one play of Mansions (what I look for in co-ops is the exact opposite of what I look for in competitive games). Replay-ability is a concern (and, being and FFG title, expect to pay through the nose for more content) but I think fan-made scenarios exist or will shortly exist. You're going to want a tablet, laptop, PC, or a TV plugged into a PC though.
>>
>>53251793
Le Havre has a bit of randomness during setup and zero luck afterwards.
>>
File: 1327549171097.png (75KB, 316x208px) Image search: [Google]
1327549171097.png
75KB, 316x208px
>>53252283
>Set up a tutorial Rebellion game
>Played half way through and kinda got the jist of it, was ready to setup a real game
>The real game rules were in the back as the "advanced rules"
>Had to flip back and forth between the setup page and the "advanced rules" to know how to setup the board
>A whole lot of "ignore step 3, do this at step 5 instead of this, fuck step 8, add this step between step 11 and 12"

Why the fuck can't the real rules be the default for setup. Why couldn't they just have 2 full lists of setup pages if they wanted to do it this way? What sadistic bastard decided this was a good idea?
>>
>>53252685
The games they make used to be too far down the Ameritrash path, and impossible to explain to casuals or first timers. They figured out it'd be easier to do a dual manual set up for teaching the game at cons/stores so they could sell more. Peterson doesn't think about anything beyond the first sale tho.
>>
>>53252685
I still don't know who the fuck decided two booklets were a good idea. They're either pant's on head retarded or playing a very lever prank on their customers.

"Read this first!"
"Learn to play here!"
"LOL, not really!"
"The real rules are here!"
"Now figure out where we hid the information you need"
>>
>>53252772
Store/sales demos and youtubers, check out 6 min in they praise the two rulebook for Rebellion
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaEic-y_poE
>>
>>53252772
I don't mind the 2 booklets really. The setup rules and all that are all in the first book and generally everything you need to learn to play while the second is pure rules references for looking up keywords and getting into some of the little details. As long as they both serve a purpose. My issue is entirely with that the first book is organized like crap thanks to making a tutorial game that gets boring after 3 turns and makes you wish you could switch to the full rules mid game.
>>
File: IMG_0938.jpg (23KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0938.jpg
23KB, 225x225px
I got this on the way plan on playing with the girlfriend and maybe two friends I'm excited even though it might make me a pleeb shits gonna b fun
>>
>>53252868
>>53252943
It can get all the praise they can throw at it, it just doesn't work for me at all.
I feel a rulebook should follow a logical sequence
A fucking index, which a lot of games don't even have > Descriptive intro establishing objectives and goals, glossing over theme and mechanics > Description of components > Full game setup > Core mechanics explained in detail > Turn sequence summary > Full rules and clarifications > A fucking cross-referenced glossary of terms

Jumping between booklets is a waste of time
Incomplete easymode rules are a waste of time
Intro scenarios are a waste of time
>>
File: captain sonar.png (98KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
captain sonar.png
98KB, 246x246px
What are some good team vs team games? Pic related.
>>
>>53232964
I just backed the deluxe pack as well. I'm looking forward to it
>>
>>53232964
What's with the excitement for this game? Looks pretty mediocre imo.
>>
>>53249164
Maybe? I have trouble predicting myself on things like that. The combining element is best-selling, and a better look at the rest of the games content might improve my impression of it.
Giga robo pledge manager still open for a couple more days, I think. And it's also a dice chucking robot brawling amerittash mess, but it seems to have a lot going on.

>>53253999
Sonar is probably my favorite, but Dice Duel is pretty good, cash and guns is much improved by teams, the one game of Cyclades+Titans I've played with teams was fantastic. And of course Rex has uneasy teams and remains my favorite six player game.
>>
>>53255816
>Best-selling
*Vaguely interesting
Phoneposting, yay.
>>
File: IMG_0426.jpg (101KB, 550x809px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0426.jpg
101KB, 550x809px
I'm looking for a new abstract to get for me and my girlfriend. Does anyone have any experience with this game?
>>
>>53249062
Pity I didn't buy TI3 and a knife to stab into someone's back, that would have given you some real fapping fodder.
>>
>>53249560
Straya' mate.

>>53252084
Myth, without a doubt. It's only claim to fame is how shit the rule book was.

>>53253999
Besides codenames? I don't know. I'm hoping Castles & Catacombs is good because I'd really like a team based dexterity game.
>>
>>53256217
Myth is the Descent-like game, yeah? How is it aside from the shit rulebook?

Are there other Descent-like games worth checking out, especially ones that don't need overlords or GM's? I was thinking Zombicide Black Plague...
>>
>>53256602
Dungeon Saga with the Adventurer's Companion doesn't need an overlord. Pretty fun, and there are a lot of progression options thanks to said expansion. You may be able to find it for cheap on ebay with some people dumping their Kickstarters.
>>
>>53255939
Bump
>>
>>53251793
BattleCON, 18xx

>>53253999
Duel of Ages II
>>
File: i wanna die.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
i wanna die.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
>Have sleeved a few games
>Don't want to give Asmodee/FFG any money despite them having good sleeves
>Dragon Shield are too expensive for what they are
>Mayday doesn't have a clear matte
>KMC feels cheep
>Ultra-Pro is best balance of price, quality, and fit, but THAT FUKING STICKER

Muh autism...
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>53257848
Dragon Shield are owned by FFG anyhow these days, so you'd be giving the same company money. I've given up on finding the perfect sleeve, FFG for my X-wing damage decks and square sleeves, Mayday magnums for odd sized cards (French tarot are a bitch to find)
>>
>>53257848
I feel you anon
>>
File: tinyanimals.png (96KB, 363x277px) Image search: [Google]
tinyanimals.png
96KB, 363x277px
>>53244287
>>53244662
>tfw the only copy of Cave Evil on ebay is $350
>>
So I've varnished plastic minis, caulk mats, and tested out cardboard tokens, but never a full printed board before, anyone screwed around with it as a protection method? Everyone's kids are getting old enough they want to play adult games, but the hand/eye coordination isn't great and I've seen the spills they create.
>>
>>53253516
The two booklets usually split your list to

> Descriptive intro establishing objectives and goals, glossing over theme and mechanics
> Description of components
> Full/intro game setup
> Core mechanics explained in detail

And

> Full rules and clarifications
> A fucking cross-referenced glossary of terms

With "Turn sequence summary" on a card somewhere. It works kinda, since you can skip the whole first part and just look for the relevant rules bit. No defense on the "do step 3, but skip step 5, do this" bit though, that's lazy as shit.
>>
>>53244777
There's nothing wrong with a CRT table. There's a lot of wrong with having your dice range be larger than the modifiers applying to the roll.
>>
>>53262451
I'll admit that I wasn't clear enough the first time, let's say you have three units of the example card in a stack and you attack another stack of two units. You attack with ST, and those three units you control have a total of 27 ST. The defending stack has two units, one of which with 10 ST and another with 14, that will add up to 24. Both players then roll a single D12 after that to compare the result, so the total value for you can be 28-39, while the defender's total value can be 25-36.
>>
>>53257848
At least its clear these days.
That silver one just waiting to block card text was the worst.
>>
>>53255939
Expect to lose the first few times. Make sure you shuffle both decks well and remember to keep each person's discard separate, since the one with the larger one gets to keep their discard between rounds. Play the first time without the no-talking-about-the-game rule, to get the swing of things and save the argument subruling for when you're experienced. Otherwise, it's a fantastic abstract simulation of relationship give and take and communication.
>>
>>53216648
How long are your typical meetups? Mine are about 3-4 hours and we only get in two games (maybe three if one of 'em is really light).
>>
So anyone want to opine on Descent? What does it get right? What does it get wrong?
>>
>>53257848

I like swan panasia Ever tried those ?
>>
File: xia1[1].jpg (62KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
xia1[1].jpg
62KB, 560x560px
What are you most hyped for at the moment with upcoming releases?
>>
>>53244730
It's pretty much my dream game.

Wild/Weird West,
Coop with AI,
Campaign System,
Loads of Random Charts,
Levelling System,
Completely expandable without buying expansions

It's an RPG lite in a box that doesn't need a gamemaster. If you are looking for a boardgame though, take a pass on this one.
>>
>tfw no doctor who game using the Arkham Horror TCG formula
Fuck mane
>>
File: first martians.jpg (14KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
first martians.jpg
14KB, 246x246px
>>53264721
>>
>>53264877
I remember someone made custom Scooby Doo investigators for this, and custom scenarios are definitely a thing. Have at it!
>>
>>53225665
love love love it. Its gorgoes and plays like a dream at 2, 3 and 4 players, only slowing slightly at 5.
Only issue is its a "perfect information" game which can be dull but its complex enough to sidestep this.
>>
>>53264833
>tfw still waiting on my Minecart wave 2 pledge to arrive.
I can't wait to drown in unpainted and unassembled plastic.
>>
>>53265171
> requires app
A massive disaster in the making.

I won't say that I won't say "I told you so" when the shitty software developer they outsource the app's development to charges an arm an a leg to fuck up support of anything but the latest crapOS and goes defunct in a year, because I totally will.

(The other issue is that you're effectively playing a game where you don't even know the rules. That might work for the bottom-feeding skinnerian-box world of vidya, but won't fly for boardgames.)
>>
>>53265318
>Scooby Doo
Are there any board games with a Scooby Doo style story theme? That is to say, a game where most players take the role of a group of mystery solving teenagers and one player take the role of the guy who tries to scare them off.
>>
>>53266538
Betrayal at the house on the hill maybe?
>>
>>53263326
Thanks for the opinion!
>>
>>53265332
>"perfect information" game
Sorry for the questions, but what did you mean by this?
>>
>>53266901
Not really what I was hoping for.
The idea I had was a hidden-movement game where the hidden player places traps to scare the other players off, while they try to avoid the traps and find clues to uncover him or a hidden treasure he tries to protect.
>>
>>53267288
Fury of dracula but rethemed then I guess?
>>
>>53267224
not the anon you're replying to, but perfect information games are those that do not hide any information, as opposed to cards being face-down on the table whether they are in a player's hand or in a deck. Chess is a perfect example
>>
I HAVE NOTHING MUCH TO CONTRIBUTE BUT I'VE ACQUIRED A COPY OF DUNE THE BOARD GAME FROM AVALON HILL AND I AM JUST FAR TOO EXCITED OH MY GOD AAAAA
>>
>>53267987
You should come over Thursday for games. Unarmed, preferably.
>>
>>53267398
Closer, but also still a lot different from what I meant.

While thinking about what exactly I want, I came up with some basic rules/gameplay myself.

Players:
3-7 (2-5 "meddling kids", 1-2 villains)

Board:
Similar to Clue, but with the rooms also having square movement fields like the hallways. Maybe the halls and rooms could be tiles that can be rearranged instead of an actual board, so you could set up your own abandoned mansion, nightly museum, dark castle, etc.

Characters:
The "meddling kids" would have a Heart value that shows how often they can be scared before the run away, and a Tolerance value that shows how scary a trap needs to be for them to be scared.
Additionally they would each have a special skill, e.g. when the "Shaggy" gets scared he runs away in a straight line until he hits an obstacle (a wall or another player). If he runs across a hidden pathway during this, he will automatically enter it, thus uncovering it. If he runs into a costumed villain, there's a chance of unmasking him, ending the game with a victory for the kids.

The villain players choose a costume at the beginning of the game which then determines the traps they can use and victory conditions for the kids.
E.g. A Ghost type villain has a lot of spook traps that can easily scare and he can scare the kids himself, but he is considered unmasked if he stays too long in sight (because the kids realise he's not a real ghost), and he's easily unmasked if he fails to scare them himself.
Meanwhile an Evil Wizard type villain cannot be unmasked, but most of his traps require long setting up or have a low scare value and the kids win by finding a certain number of clues to point out that his "magic" is fake.
(1/2)
>>
>>53268478
Some more basic rule ideas:
- The goal for the kids is to either unmask the villain, if possible, or find a certain number of clues to discover their secret. The goal for the villain is to scare the kids into running away.
- The traps used by villain have a complexity value, which determines how many turns they need to be set up, and a scare value, which determines how likely they are to scare the kids.
- The kids can decide to go seperate ways, which allows them to cover more ground, or go together, which raises their tolerance towards traps.
- The villain starts with one or several traps on the map, up to a combined complexity determined by the number of kids. E.g when playing against 4 kids, he can start with one complexity 4 trap or four complexity 1 traps, or something in between.
- As the game progresses and the kids become closer to uncovering his secret, the villain becomes desperate and can choose to speed up trap building, at the cost of the trap possibly malfunctioning.

(2/2)
>>
>>53267987
>>53268261
I've considered going ebay/BGG market route for that before, I honestly don't know if I'd rather have it, or print up a new copy. Some of the changes when they turned it into not-Dune are nice.
>>
Is there a board game that out-Pandemics Pandemic with expansions?
>>
File: 1494286842755.jpg (3MB, 2140x3210px) Image search: [Google]
1494286842755.jpg
3MB, 2140x3210px
Taking suggestions for good card games for 2-4 players.
>>
>>53200466
>Flash Point

As someone that is interested in trying Pandemic, can you give me more detail about Flash Point and why should I take it over Pandemic? I have Flash Point Fire Rescue available in my local store.

Anyone's comparison/impressions would do.
>>
>>53267987
>I HAVE NOTHING MUCH TO CONTRIBUTE
Lots of pics when it's in your hands!

Also iirc advanced rules >> basic rules
>>
>>53268261
I trust everyone from the internet. This is a good plan.

>>53269031
I'm planning on doing the same actually for a few things in it. But that's just because I love the updated rulebooks and player aids. This one just has a massive pad of paper with player aids in it, which while amazing, is also a little clunky.

>>53269349
Elysium, Diamonds, Moons, Smash Up or Sentinels of the Multiverse, depending.
>>
>>53269349
Happy Salmon
>>
>>53269315
Robinson Crusoe, maybe?
>>
>>53268478
>>53268495
Very interesting concept anon
>>
File: 1491101936723.jpg (690KB, 1361x2007px) Image search: [Google]
1491101936723.jpg
690KB, 1361x2007px
I assume expansions for Flash Point are just maps. Anyone got those in printable form?
>>
>>53269421
>1/2
The designer when Flash Point came out said it "owed a lot" to Pandemic, which is a generous way of putting it. You've got 4 action points per turn (same as Pandemic) you're trying to put out fires (diseases), there's roles that change the rules for you just a little, the timer built into the game, isn't the win condition (walls crumbling/disease overrun vs saving people/cures researched).

Why would you pick Flash Point?
>It's a lot more modular
You can play with/without roles, hot spots (basically like the rate of infection in Pandemic) hazmats, fire truck/ambulance. In Pandemic if you want to increase difficulty you just add more outbreak cards, and start the level of infection higher, in Flash Point there's half a dozen knobs to turn, and lets you tailor it a bit more. This also makes it a MUCH better game to teach completely new gamers, as you can strip it all down to the base/family variant (which is stupid easy) and add back rulesets as people start to understand it.

>It's less straightforward a puzzle than Pandemic
Most co-ops are just puzzles where eventually you see the pattern of events and the ideal solution, the only way to really break this up is with something more random than a deck of cards, and Flash Point does it with Dice. Adding hotspots to keep the flames rolling (once there's 12 out on the board it'll be much worse than any Pandemic infection) adds another layer of random, keeping the puzzle fresher longer. There's also the other maps (see below)
>>
>>53269846
2/2
>Expansions
Pandemic has a few expansions, and they're all good, but they're also all big box, adding new rules/twists, and running at minimum $25. Flash Point doesn't tie you to a map of the world (another benefit of not using the card deck) so getting a new map changes the game dramatically by changing chokepoints, exit locations, etc. There's currently 4 of the map packs (none since late 2014) but the game is still Indie's biggest money maker so I wouldn't be surprised if more come sooner or later. These expansions run $10, so you're getting life out of the game for just as long for half the price. Want to change the game entirely? Play the submarine option of Dangerous Waters, now you're defending 1 exit in a very tight map and the strategy changes hugely compared to a map as open as the original option. There's also a big box expansion, which gives a lot more rules variants, explosive stuff, and an extra map, it's analogous to the Pandemic expansions in scope/price.

>Why would you pick Pandemic?
The theme is more appealing to you than firemen, you want a game that isn't as random, or you want to get good at it before changing it up with Pandemic Legacy (altho why you wouldn't buy Legacy and just play it straight for a dozen games before going legacy mode is beyond me). Pandemic and Flash Point are two sides of the same coin basically, and imo you're better off picking the game that's cheaper, has more options for gameplay, more expansions, and is easier to teach.

>>53269755
They tend to be a map with a single punch sheet of tokens needed for the changes in said map. Don't have them printable, prolly out there somewhere, but at $10 you're gonna spend almost as much to print it yourself if you want them to be decent
>>
>>53269879
>>53269846
Thank you anon. I was watching rahdo's playthrough of Flash Point and I like the game a lot though I like Pandemic's theme better. I like both games and it seems FP fits its expansion more elegantly.
>>
>>53269879
> (altho why you wouldn't buy Legacy and just play it straight for a dozen games before going legacy mode is beyond me)

Because

1. You should not support (((legacy))) format
2. You will destroy a game you bought (see 1.)
3. It's not compatible with expansions
>>
>>53268495
20/10, would game with you
>>
>>53269446
Elysium gets boring after a few plays t b h famalamia
>>
>>53269964
Way to take that side thought out of context; read the front half of the sentence, if you're buying Pandemic just to get used to it before going Legacy I'd say just buy Legacy and play it straight. Otherwise you're wasting twice the money on the same game. I make no judgements on Legacy itself, it's not industry standard yet, and other people have different value for their disposable income.

>>53269953
Theme's a big part of appeal in both, so honestly if that's a sticking point Pandemic is still very good and can last a long time. I just obsess on every cent I put towards games, and I tend to think in terms of decades not years when I look at purchases (it's why I've got a desk off CL from the 50s instead of Ikea). For me Flash Point is the stronger bet on both those (also helps my brother and a lot of friends are FD/EMT) so I dropped Pandemic from my buy list after getting the first Flash Point expansion.
>>
>>53264398
Bumping my q. Third time's the charm hopefully. I just trust bgg's ideas on what makes a good game more than others. Sorry for bugging y'all.
>>
>>53270104
Legacy games make you destroy your components, man. If you like it so much just have somebody punch you in the teeth when you lose a game, don't ruin boardgames.
>>
>>53270104
Thank you for your FP insight, I am also a careful picker so this is going near the top of my list.
>>
>>53270141
Haven't played it in a few years, but iirc the campaign has a snowball problem where if one side wins a couple objectives they become too powered up for the other to be able to do anything.

>>53270179
Thanks for proving you can't read. If I'm not buying regular Pandemic because it's not worth the $ wtf would I buy a legacy version? I don't judge people for buying it (or not) because everyone's gonna have different value for their games; I haven't gotten full value in play out of my original SDE box, but I definitely got it in painting the minis, that was months of something to keep me busy, and now they get used in RPG sessions, so it's more than the $65 I spent, even if the game doesn't hit the table enough.

As for component destruction just house rule it and use washable markers or something. It'd let you reset it and gift the game away when you're done.

>>53270189
Happy to help, anytime we can get out of the poo flinging and into depth on buy lists it's a good day.
>>
>>53270329
I just think that Legacy games always lead into value proposition fallacy and are a bad trend overall.
>>
>>53270387
That's fair, I did think that Quinns talk linked earlier (was it last thread) was bullshit. Serious gamers do play more than 10x, but serious collectors might not. Still it's very limited (Davieau only so far) and Seafall's flop might stall the movement for a while; Pandemic only really worked because the base game underneath was good, Risk Legacy I'm still convinced was a nostalgia wave.

My bigger pet peeve is the day one DLC expansions, especially the KS ones (and exclusives in general). That's a bad trend in parting out full games and making us pay more, especially when it works in vidya already so they're going to do it in cardboard; and the fact guys like Petersen are running ANA/FFG and fucking over the cost conscious shopper already.
>>
>>53270529
Of course it was bullshit, he took an exclusive stance and did a value proposition fallacy with nonsensical comparison. Not to mention how uncouth it is to act as a well meaning teacher to a man making a honest observation.
>>
>>53270662
>>53270529
Sorry, read that as "didn't think".
>>
>>53270662
Part of the problem is the crowd that's reviewing, are getting those games for free; and the people in their gaming groups are VERY serious gamers who do buy everything, and play games a half dozen times. Since they have to play all the games out there, they buy them all, and then they're not playing anything too often. Not so much an echo-chamber as a very tight bubble they live in and don't realize there's a lot of gamers out there that don't fit the either/or of "serious gamer who won't play it more than 10x because they have to get the new hotness" and "casual who won't play anything more than 10x because they don't care but it's better than a movie"

The value proposition is a good argument for gaming, I use it all the time against friends when convincing them $35-50 for TtR/Survive/Stone Age/etc isn't much compared to a night out. It's just an argument too easy to expand further than you should.
>>
>>53270783
It's not an argument at all, it's a combination of psychological effect of buyer's remorse and a value proposition comparing vastly different endeavors. As soon as you start putting money on every bit of your time and effort you can justify any purchase.
>>
>>53271019
Yes and no, clearly it's not an apples to apples, or even apples to oranges comparison most times. You're comparing apples to sex, both can be good when hungry, both can be juicy, but limited beyond that. Something like games vs night at the bar or evening at the movies isn't a 1:1 comparison, but they're both about spending time with other people and money output, that's definitely comparable.

Honestly looking at your time/money spent is a pretty good thing anyhow, it lets you eliminate the shit from your life that you don't enjoy, and find better ways to spend your time. If shitposting on a Taiwanese underwater basket weaving forum makes you happy and can be done at work or during a lunch break for free, it's prolly better for you than paying money to have someone beat you with a 2x4. Sure they both lead to brain damage but at least you're leaving behind money for the in-home treatment you're gonna need later in life.
>>
>>53222723
>>53248336
It says "May" on the Battle Pressure card for doing king's step, but the rule book says you must always read a story event.

Then again, the rules also say in an ambivalence, cards trump rules. Maybe that's in the FAQ.

Do the Battle Pressure cards start on top at the beginning of the showdown? The first monster turn is skipped, the survivors go first.

Why does he hate pots so much?
>>
>>53270529
>Seafall's flop might stall the movement for a while
Everyone is forgetting Gloomhaven made it to the top 10 in less than a year. Legacy bullshit only gets worse from here on out.
>>
>>53271323
That's a far far from what Seafall is and you know it, you sister-fucking mong.
>>
>>53271323
I did forget Gloomhaven, but I do think it's success was more about RPG/Board game demographic collision and less about any legacy aspects.
>>
>>53271354
>>53271374
You destroy stuff, you sticker stuff, it uses these gimmicks to destroy the resale value. I'm not letting a decent game blind me to the cancer it's encouraging.
>>
>>53244303
Bravo anon, I fucked up and didn't buy Kemet when I had the chance, will perhaps remedy it in the future. How's Merchants and Marauders?

>>53244287
I like the art direction which is rare in boardgames.
>>
>>53271480
Fair. I know I'm not gonna buy it; game wouldn't even make it to being a footnote on my buy list. Legacy is still a gimmick more than a trend, we've seen what 1 or 2 a year? Half of those have been flops, it's a new mechanic that's appealing to publishers but designers haven't figured it out yet so it's not a threat to the industry as a whole. At least not til Eric Lang decides to put out 5 for CMoN and the KS shilling reaches critical mass forcing every publisher to make all their games legacy.
>>
>>53244727
Shame this would be ludicrously expensive to get in Europe. I'd consider printing it if it was online.
>>
>>53271586
>Half of those
1 of those. Any this year has exploded in them with those new "escape room" games. There's like 4 of those alone this year.
>>
>>53271711
Escape rooms aren't Legacy tho, they're just not-repeatable and they've been around for ~2 years now, just major publishers are catching on. The upside is you can repack/trade the modules, splitting costs with other people.
>>
>>53271711
Are they any good?
>>
>>53271749
2 of the 4 I know of this year at least have component destruction.
>>
>>53271762
Hadn't run into those yet, which ones?

>>53271751
The escape games from ThinkFun are ok; not too tough but good for family/kids, which is their target. Sister and her kid tested out Escape Room: The Game at Gencon last year and had fun with it; it's the best reviewed I'm aware of and just had a few modules drop that Vasel was raving on a month ago? If you go to Asmodee's website they've got a free trial of their new Unlock out, it uses card decks and an app, I wasn't overly impressed with the tutorial or the free scenario but the mechanics were ok.
>>
I've been thinking of adding events to Power grid to spice things up. They would happen after 5th step, bureaucracy, and would last until next event step unless stated otherwise. These are the events that I came up with so far. What do you guys think?
https://pastebin.com/MEvJTRCX
>>
File: 1421161389.png (557KB, 449x449px) Image search: [Google]
1421161389.png
557KB, 449x449px
>>53252084
My Dwarves Can Fly, Dilbert: Corporate Shuffle, Holmes: Sherlock & Mycroft are all strong contenders, but first prize HAS to go to Rule of Alchemist. There is literally no way of knowing how to play that game, which is a shame as the components are nice.
>>53252195
It was one of the better off-beat cartoons of its era.
>>53263874
Depends on the venue. The two I go to most regularly start at 10-11am, both ending around 6pm, but there are some weekday ones I've been to that are about 5-9pm
>>53269315
Pic related. Yes, really.
>>
Would anyone mind helping me understand Tabletop Simulator? It costs ~$20 to get it off Steam but then can I play any game I want for free or do I have to pay for each individual game on top of the initial $20?
>>
>>53273980
Any game that is available on tabletop simulator, yes.
>>
>>53273980
There are both paid DLC that are produced by/for the company who made the board game, and there are also free add-ons through the steam workshop.
>>
>>53273980
Most of it is fan made and freely exists so long as no one raises a complaint. Even then, it'll still circulate, just not on the workshop. Some companies make official extensions however that you can buy. I think only the host needs the extension though.
>>
>>53274015
>>53274062
>>53274386
That helps out so much, thank you
>>
>>53271480
>>53271323
>>53271586
Don't listen to this cock, he's clearly an autist that can't get over "destroying" stuff.

"Broke, or made better?"
>>
>>53274789
Godspeed anon.
I have played at least 40 or 50 hours so far on TTS with just soloing KDM.
Soon my friends will get it.
>>
File: pic2458233_md.jpg (138KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pic2458233_md.jpg
138KB, 500x500px
Anyone played pic related yet? I know we don't usually take kindly to KS trash around here, but looking to pick up a family/mid weight worker placement. Never a fan of Waterdeep, 1893 is really nice but lighter than what I'm looking for, and Stone Age while good just doesn't wow me.
>>
>played terra mystica for the first time
holy fuck I was not prepared
please give me some tips
whether general or race-specific, any would be appreciated
>>
>>53271480
The guy who makes the game has been shilling for a optional vinyl sticker set someone makes for people like you who are super scared about never being able to reuse a thing. So it's clearly not in the same league as Davieau's legacy stuff.
>>
>Watching demo video of Massive Darkness
>Looks like a pretty cool dungeon crawl
>Sort of a plastic pusher, but still has some neat spawning, exploration, and loot mechanics
>"Hmm, looks like I don't have any melee weapons and I'm surrounded, is there anything I can do? Can I move away from them?"
>"No, you basically do nothing on your turn"
>Interest immediately drained drastically

How does this shit still make it into games today? If you're playing a dice chucking ameritrash fun-run why would you ever allow someone to just NOT HAVE A TURN? That's like 1990's bad game design.
>>
File: 1492368369016.jpg (158KB, 1200x1515px) Image search: [Google]
1492368369016.jpg
158KB, 1200x1515px
As a poorfag, buying new mid-priced boardgame fills me with apprehension and I get stuck in a limbo of indecision. It might take me out of the hobby.
>>
>>53279692
Time to turn your autism up to 11 anon, you need a buy list.

Get a spreadsheet set up with games you're interested in, fill it with info on MSRP, Amazon pricing, CSI/MM cost, then take $5-10 off it for what you'd consider a really good sale price. Drop another couple bucks off it for used pricing. Organize em by genre, note the max players, what it's recommended (and best) player count is, duration, weight, avg score at BGG, # of votes. A wealth of info is your friend here, you'll start seeing what makes the most sense to buy. Maybe there's a hole in your collection, maybe there's a new game out that's really good and it'd let you trade/sell an older purchase, hell maybe there's 2-3 games you want which end up on sale for the price you're willing to pay for something else.

If you're really poor start haunting the BGG auction/trade listings, math trades, daily deals, find a con nearby big enough to have a consignment store, and save up all your spare cash for sales during Gencon/Essen/Black Friday.
>>
>>53279872
I have a buy list, it only exacerbates the problem as it adds constant searching for currently unavailable games.
>>
>>53267629
what this anon said >>53267224
>>
>>53279938
>unavailable
In terms of cost or OOP? If it's OOP then you've got more research to do; if it's cost it's time to start socking pennies away and find new ways to enjoy the games you've already got. Go back to the OC topic we had a couple weeks back and start building shit.
>>
File: potato camera sorry.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
potato camera sorry.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
So I never put up the map from the "ONE lap" I got in on Nebula Nexus last Friday; turns out leaving it sitting out is a good way for a lap to get played on a slow night. Big swing within 4 rounds; interceptor got blown up when having to slow down for the turn and T-70 got in range, he then guessed wrong on the distance of turn 2 and talon roll'd into the gap, shutting himself down for 2 rounds. TIE f/o did a good job hanging in 3rd and not getting shot down, but ionized into a rock and exploded. T-65 meanwhile barely caught the edge of the first box in the straightaway, drew a gold mushroom (boost using any template you want) and was able to hard turn, and use it to boost/jump into the center hairpin. This led to all sorts of shenanigans once we figured out how big those gaps REALLY were.
>>
File: Round 2.jpg (793KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
Round 2.jpg
793KB, 1836x3264px
>>53281478
T-70 jumped the gap at turn 3, getting into 2nd place, the Interceptor had stablized by this point in 3rd maneuvering accurately (double reposition is massive) the T-65 tried to just safely move slowly in first and not get blown up. It led to a MASSIVE pileup where 3/4 got blown up in the bottom right turn before the straightaway/split. T-65 was able to stay in front, grab an item box and drop a conner net, slowing the TIEs down, but the no boosting killed him. Blue Ace decided to say fuck it, jump the final corner, and landed in first this lap. 1-2-3-4 became 2-1-4-3 when the TIE f/o caught a bad crit shutting down his actions and spent every other turn ionized for it. Thinking I might just leave it out again for the rest of the week, see if that gets me a final lap.
>>
>>53281478
>>53281597
Looking awesome anon! I wish I could get some of my friends to do this with me
>>
>>53281804
Don't feel bad anon, right now I'm "walking a thin line between annoying and sadly adorable". Not sure how many more games that gets me, but I'm willing to ride the pity wave for now til everyone's schedules get back to normal and we get a proper game day on a weekend. Haven't been able to do anything since I got out of town for WYC, and that was Apr 1, so it's been a hell of a drought.
>>
>>53269349
More specifically?
Star/Hero Realms are fun for quick games.
>>
What are some good pirate themed games? That's an itch I haven't been able to scratch yet
>>
>>53271323
> taking BGG ratings seriously
The toppest of top keks.
>>
>>53276318
>looking to pick up a family/mid weight worker placement
What's wrong with Agricola?
>>
>>53283023
There's always shit like Rum & Bones, if you like CMON's usual fare. It's reasonably piratical.

Oh! Also Privateer Press is doing a deck-to-deck ship battle skirmish game very soon, if you're into more wargamey sorta things
>>
>>53268478
Sounds kinda like you want Tragedy Looper.
>>
>>53283023
Merchants & Marauders

there is nothing that comes remotely close
>>
>>53247364
>>53247510

Anon you initially responded to. I feel the same as this poster.

The game is fun, but I'm not really feeling any rage persay. The drafting element is interesting and set up some tough decisions on whether or not it's worth going to harass someone. And the higher your rage meter is, the more actions you can potentially take during a round, so it's a worthwhile meter to increase. Of course, the components are fantastic and I like the small cards and the tight rules that aren't too extensive so it's a moderate game that could be taught to people who don't play anything past Catan.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiAahg_ZLd4&t=169s
Massive Darkness looks like a bit of a chore.
Also
>lel you lost your turn because you don't have a melee weapon
2/10, just because watching Zee suffer is fun, anyone else would have taken it with much less humor.
>>
>>53284228
>Kickstarter mini game looks poorly designed
Why are you surprised
>>
>>53284446
I just keep hoping for a good dungeon crawler and it never comes.
>>
>>53284541
Gloomhaven
>>
File: IMG_0939.jpg (746KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0939.jpg
746KB, 2000x2000px
Anybody know if pic related is any fun? I like the minis and the description sounds pretty cool, what be /tg/ thoughts?
>>
>>53284541
By dungeon crawler do you mean a proper boardgame RPG or something like descent

Because both of those have games
>>
>>53284628
For a board game I want something more like Diablo than like Dungeon Master, since the later is infinitely better with a P&P RPG, what it's based off.

I don't want a campaign, I want heroes looting a dungeon, going through hordes of monsters and beating mighty "bosses". That, and the ridiculously time consuming setup, is why I didn't like Gloomhaven either.

I want less watered down RPG in a box rethreads, and more random dungeon generators with good character editing and fun missions/challenges/hunts.
>>
>>53284708
If you wanted to put in the work you could probably do it using space hulk death angel, the game could be easily retooled into an infinite dungeon crawler
>>
>>53284228
>1:25:17
I'm not watching all that, when does Zee get shafted?
>>
File: 1337056191900.png (83KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1337056191900.png
83KB, 510x546px
>Got 600 decent quality sleeves for $15
>Just finished sleeving all of Baseball Highlights 2045, Terraforming Mars, and Xia: Legends of a Drift System

First time sleeving a game, feels good. Mostly just wanted Baseball Highlights sleeved because you shuffle the cards to that like 20 times a game, but puts my mind at ease with my collection being put through so many groups nowadays.
>>
>>53284851
He starts getting fucked at around 37:55 because he's surrounded with a ranged weapon and Zombiecide ranged combat rules.
>>
>>53284978
Sleeved all my arkham horror encounter cards in dragon shields for this same reason

I cant stand shuffling unsleeved cards
>>
>>53285037
I wanted to do Stockpile and Galaxy Trucker, given those get put through the wringer a good few times as far as shuffling goes, but they're skinny cards. I could have done Seasons with them, but then it wouldn't fit well in the nice insert they have. Makes me really appreciate that the insert for Baseball Highlights and Xia were made with sleeves in mind.
>>
>>53285159
I did seasons. The sleeves overspill a bit still but they do fit inside, I imagine it'll be better once the air finally leaves the sleeves
>>
>>53276369
Always pick your race depending on the bonuses and scoring conditions on the table.
DO NOT ignore the round scoring or cult bonuses. Play around them. You'll be getting shit for points if you ignore them.
Don't underestimate the points on pass bonus tiles.
Get a lot of dwellings out, you need that income. Always build with converting them into cities in mind though, there's nothing worse than ending up with resources to construct with but no houses when you need them. Generally you want 2 cities every game, 3 if the way the game goes permits. Keep the end game points for the greatest blob in mind too, 18/12/6 is huge.
DO NOT neglect swimming. You need it for cities and cheap dwellings. And blocking, if that's your thing (and it should be with some races like the Giants).
Either upgrade your spades or source them from elsewhere (spells, bonus tiles, cult rewards, stronghold actions). Never do both, unless just for round six points if you have nothing better to spend resources on.
Remember that you do want neighbors (maybe with the exception of the Swarmlings), even if they're a nuisance. It's mana and it's cheaper trade posts. You need every coin you can get. It's almost always worth it to leech mana, you'll make the points back and more with the opportunities it'll give you.
Don't be afraid to burn mana. It's perfectly fine to get it to anywhere between 4-6 in total, depending on the spells you expect you'll need. Do it quickly too, snowballing is a thing.
Speaking of spells, expect heavy competition for the 7 gold one - trade posts are usually upgraded quickly and gold is the most difficult resource to get. Keep an eye on the bridge spell too - there's only one cast available per round and it can throw a gigantic wrench into anyone's plans.
As for favors, Earth 1 and Fire 2 are always a solid choice. Air 1 and Water 1 have their uses as well, though they require some more planning around. Income chits and pure cult boosts are situational.
>>
>>53286279
So... you like the game?
>>
If I own Through the Ages, Terra Mystica, Viticulture, and Scythe, do I really need Caverna? It is in shrink, and I am thinking of selling. Any Caverna players want to weigh in?
>>
>>53286279
thank you very much
god damn i can't wait to play again
>>
>>53283690
More towards the upper end of middle-weight and I wanted something on the front half; besides if I go for one from the Agricola family (besides All Creatures Big and Small) it'd be A Feast for Odin. The Patchwork mechanics in there looks tasty.
>>
/bgg/>bgg>facebook groups>>>>>>>>>>>>reddit
Do you agree? Are there any other places to talk about boardgames?
>>
>>53288077
Agricola is the lightest worker-placement game as far as rule simplicity and lack of fiddlyness goes. It's only counted as 'heavy' because of how deep its strategy can get.

And A Feast for Odin is nothing at all like Agricola. It's Patchwork's big brother, and economic game about investing and production chains. Agricola is the opposite, a game about economizing turns.
>>
>>53288442
>it's got deep strategy but it's not heavy
Anon, intricate rules aren't the only definition of weight, the reason to grab a light one is I want my casual friends to get less AP moments. As for AFfO not being the same, if you can't see the family resemblance between Agricola/Le Havre/Caverna/Odin, you need to look again. Uwe isn't a one trick pony, but he reuses a lot of ideas, Odin was just smashing together his worker placements with Patchwork for added crunchiness.
>>
Plz give feedback on art style
>>
>>53290179
The similarities are only superficial.

AFfO/Patchwork are about calculating future returns on investments. (And returns on investments that are in turn reinvested, etc.)

Agricola is about planning ahead to achieve two or three turns' worth of actions in one turn by building stuff in parallel.
>>
>>53257848
Ultra-Pro Eclipse is sticker free.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XWIBDVkGUY

>>53290842
Keep the formatting more uniform. Capitalize or all caps the text at the top. Either go full 3D or modern flatness, don't try to do both.
>>
>>53291521
Yeah we're not gonna agree on this one. Same designer, both sandbox worker placements with a wealth of choices, you need to be planning out multiple turns ahead on building your engine(s), They're gonna fill the same spot in a collection for meatier worker placement, and fight against each other for time on the table (at least in my home).

Granted if you were going to compare it to all of Uwe's other games Fields of Arle/Patchwork are more accurate, but the original question was "why not get Agricola". For me, AFfO hits the same notes and saves me money while getting me the game I'd be happier to own, even if it's not a 1:1 comparison.
>>
File: the worst.gif (2MB, 485x360px) Image search: [Google]
the worst.gif
2MB, 485x360px
>>53291970
>Ultra-Pro Eclipse has no sticker
>No clear options
>>
>>53292332
KMC Character Shields maybe?
>>
>>53292383
>KMC Character Shields
Seems a little pricey, but I might try it out. Last time I bought KMC it felt flimsy.
>>
>>53292445
Old KMC is better then new KMC, try to get them off the wall at a small FLGS that doesn't move product very quickly.
>>
File: Hello Darkness My Old Friend.png (195KB, 471x456px) Image search: [Google]
Hello Darkness My Old Friend.png
195KB, 471x456px
>>53292464
>Only FLGS within a reasonable distance is brand new
>Next closest FLGS is an hour drive away

Anon, why do you do this to me? My heart can only take so much.
>>
>>53284446
Rising Sun and the GOT skirmish game look neat.
>>
File: urt.gif (561KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
urt.gif
561KB, 320x200px
>>53288179
>facebook
>>
>>53292512
Character shields and pro fits are fine, the KMC product that became utter shit is hyper mats.
>>
new thread
>>53295629
>>53295629
>>
>>53293557
Facebook is great for finding local meet up or board gaming groups. No real difference with reddit for discussion though.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.