[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 331
Thread images: 53

File: rashmi.png (145KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
rashmi.png
145KB, 223x311px
I did not see one so I made a thread edition.

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread question
What is your favorite color combo and why?
>>
File: erebos.jpg (787KB, 662x1098px) Image search: [Google]
erebos.jpg
787KB, 662x1098px
>Thread question
What is your favorite color combo and why?
Mono black because it can do pretty much anything the other 4 colors could do with the help of artifacts and I never have to worry about having the right colored lands in play
>>
>>53070001
I'm about to experience mono black for the first time. I just ordered a Horobi deck to fuck with my friends. What mono black deck(s) do you have?
>>
>>53069874
B/W favorite color combo because Daxos is the best and I love grindy games and having the best removal
>>
File: absolutely indebted.jpg (93KB, 581x569px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely indebted.jpg
93KB, 581x569px
>>53069874
>What is your favorite color combo and why?
BW because Teysa tokens is legit.

>>53070050
Why not add blue and just build Zur? By the same merit, yes, I could add G and build Ghave for a better token deck. But boob window.
>>
so when do the mtgo changes happen? I'll be honest, I think it will be really easy to grind tickets by playing the leagues, going 3-2 (which I imagine is practically guaranteed with a tuned deck) gives you your entry fee back and you make a few ticks profit.
>>
>>53070123
Boob Window Teysa is best Teysa. My first EDH deck, and one I should go back and upgrade. Any recommendations for recent cards?
>>
>>53070001
>Always been the W player at my kitchen table
>Trying to brew different monoW commanders, compensating for the color's weakness with artifacts
I just want to draw cards every now and then. Is that so much to ask? And no, Sram doesn't interest me.
>>
>>53070123
Zur is too easy. Daxos is actually a challenge to build and play because hes maybe tier 2.5 at best
>>
Do you guys ever buy cards just because they're pretty or you feel like you should have them, even if they're not legal in any formats you play?

I just bought a foil eternal masters balance because it looks cool and is iconic.
>>
>>53069874
Grixis.

The majority of my decks (that aren't cycles) run red, blue, black, or some combination of the three. My favorite deck runs all of them; vial smasher + kraum mad science is a slow but powerful deck.
>>
File: Anointed-Procession.jpg (29KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
Anointed-Procession.jpg
29KB, 265x370px
>>53070197
Both Teysas have a boob window. Assuming you're talking about the old one? The newer one interests me too, but as a voltron pillowfort deck rather than token/combo.
>Any recommendations for recent cards?
Going from memory, since I took her apart last week.
Anointed Procession
Smuggler's Copter
Haunted Dead
Westvale Abbey
Retreat to Emeria
Oketra's Monument (maybe)
Newest Liliana (maybe)
>>
File: 44.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
44.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
So why have I never seen anyone play this? It's basically Embalm for all your creatures.

Too expensive? I feel like it's a ton of card advantage and worth its cost.
>>
File: 16.jpg (58KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
58KB, 312x445px
Are there any other cards like Relic of Progenitus, Nihil Spellbomb and pic related? Specific hate that also cantrips, or can cycle when they're not necessary
>>
alright guys, be honest with me. I've got two decks, one I'm very happy with, and the other still needs work.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/zombies-just-so-many-friggin-zombies-man/

this is the one I still need to work on, especially the mana base and a lot of the cards don't exactly mesh together very well.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/teysa-irs-agent-and-summoner-of-tokens/
>>
>>53070494
Groundseal is one of my favourites. It doesn't do anything to Karador though.
>>
>>53070493
Because it doesn't cheat anything into play. On curve, without Orrery, you're wasting your turn doing nothing. Embalm has limited value anyway. Vizier of Many Faces seems great because it's the best thing on the battlefield, twice. You're not necessarily going to have the best creature card in your graveyard at any given point in time (without heavy buildaround like Phenax).

>>53070705
>zombies
Not big on the tribe myself, so I can't say much about recommendations, especially for EDH. I'd start by splashing blue and running Grimgrin or green to run Meren. Not that you can't run mono black. Mike is just such a massive combo piece, that you should expect to get hated out if you run him at the helm, even if you're not abusing him.
>Teysa
Not sure where to begin. I'd honestly pick a different commander if your heart is set on extort. The only extort card I run is Crypt Ghast.
>>
Boros. Just balls out tall aggro is a lot of fun and more interesting than "tokens durr."

As far as actual working colors though, Golgari reanimation is always fun. Though I've had a Vorel for years and should probably do something with him. Simic was fun as fuck in RtR standard.
>>
>>53070705
>>53070917
>Teysa con't
It actually just looks like you put it together from your bulk dregs. Start fresh. Try to get as much value out of every card as you can. Repeatability and accumulating value is key in commander. One-time effects are not great. It's why Bitterblossom and Ophiomancer are incredible with Teysa, whereas Anointer Priest or Doomed Dissenter aren't spectacular.

Yes, budget can be an issue, but there's really no reason to run cards like Gurmag Swiftwing in commander. Maybe watch some commander games on youtube to get an idea of the pace of the game.
>>
File: waifu.jpg (30KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
waifu.jpg
30KB, 223x311px
>>53070040
I only have my Sheoldred deck but I have been thinking about building Edric and maybe a true demon tribal deck one day but we need a better mono black demon legend for tribal demons
>>
>>53069874
2-color Golgari
3-color Bant
4-color Dune Brood
>>
File: 1363148628115.gif (332KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1363148628115.gif
332KB, 512x512px
>>53069874
GRUUL, NIGGA

>a gorillion tokens
>giant-ass creatures
>fuckloads of lands
>crazy spells

Gruul is the color combo of KINGS
>>
File: ACTUAL.png (2MB, 1416x1824px) Image search: [Google]
ACTUAL.png
2MB, 1416x1824px
>>53070001
Red Blue has always been my favorite color combo. The crazy spellslinging stuff they can do is always fun and adding another color or two opens up some really fun gameplay.
>>
File: 1492188761549.jpg (611KB, 940x800px) Image search: [Google]
1492188761549.jpg
611KB, 940x800px
How do I land grab in rakdos? I got all the necessary rocks but I need stuff to grab lands
>>
>>53071338
Herald of Leshrac
>>
>>53071338
Lili of the dark realms grabs swamps
>>
>>53070493

Worth it's mana cost in a deck full to the brim with small, preferably etb, creatures, but only if you untap basically

Cards like this aren't very popular usually, ones where you pay a lot of mana for no value, hoping to untap next turn and go crazy. Reason being that somebody at the table can often play a nearly full turn of spells and such and blow up your big play as an afterthought for 1-2 mana, this gets worse the more opponents you have

There are a few cards like that that are decently popular, mirari's wake is one of them, but the big difference there is that you can ramp into Miraris wake on turn 3-4, and then explode the next turn. Ramping into an early back from the brink on the other hand doesn't actually do much because your graveyard won't be stacked yet if you ramped into it. So that means it's better suited for an etb/gy value deck that maybe eventually has enough mana late game to play this and go off
>>
>>53071351
>>53071346
These are good but what about grabbing mountains?
>>
>>53071338
>>53071377
Best you can do is stuff like Sword of the Animist or Explorer's Scope
>>
>>53071377
Better swamp tutors for grabbing duals otherwise use your usual artifacts to tutor basic mountains
>>
>>53071220
I wish griselbrand wasn't banned because he'd make a tribal demon commander

too bad he's just too good, so we're stuck with chumps like Kothoped and Nefarox
>>
>>53071338

That one land that you can sacrifice to get 2 basics to play, solemn sim, burnished hart

Then there is stuff that gets land to hand, idk if that helps you, but there's a lot more of it like expedition map and such
>>
>>53071412

I really like nefarox but he just doesn't have much of an impact
>>
>>53070705
>zombies
get yourself a cryptbreaker, noxious ghoul, graveborn muse (and some easy ways to sac it in case it starts becoming a liability: nantuko husk/phyrexian ghoul), diregraf colossus/noosegraf mob wouldn't hurt. You will most definitely want a call to the grave enchantment. Cover of Darkness provides cheap mass evasion (a more expensive option would be Akroma's Memorial)

Unholy grotto is a GOAT land for this type of deck

Zombie Trailblazer, Gravespawn Sovereign, and the above mentioned Cryptbreaker provide a safe way to tap down your Forlorn Pseudama
>>
>>53071390
>>53071410
>>53071422
So I'll have to rely more on my rocks, at least I got some help, thanks guys.
>>
how oppressive is Horobi? my playgroup want's me to change commander because Sheoldred(no memes plz) is too oppressive against their Meren, Ruric Thar and Oloro
>>
Anyone know some good commanders for messing with the table? Not chaos style, just having the ability to interact/interfere with other people's combat/spellcasting/general gameplay frequently?
The sort of deck Ursapine is at home in
>>
>>53071813
>Meren player can't deal with Sheoldred

Is your group just total shit?
>>
>>53071813
>Meren
I can see Thar having a shitty time with her, but how is forced sac a bad thing Meren/Oloro? The former WANTS her shit to die while the latter barely runs creatures to begin with and would be fine with everyone's board empty.

Moving from creature stax to land stax is probably not in your meta's best interest
>>
>>53071833
Naya stompy with Gahiji, Fumiko, Basandra, Teeg, & Kazuul
>>
>>53071953
>>53071813
Oh fuck me I thought you said Hokori, not Horobi
>>
>>53071449
>>53071412
If you want to play demons just play Sol'Kanar.
>>
>>53071813
If they play Meren or Oloro, you have every right to fuck 'em up. This is coming from a guy who used to play Meren. I deserved to get my shit pushed in.
>>
>>53071926
pretty much. thoguh the Meren player just added Fleshbag marauder and the orc version of it to his deck along with woodfall primus so we see how it changes the meta.
>>53071953
Ruric Thar player whines that he can literally play nothing because the entire deck is pretty much just hydras and dragons with maybe 1 or 2 removal cards, Meren player doesn't actually mind that much but is just salty that i remove his Vorinclex the instant it hits the board every time and the Oloro player just wants to shit on me for ruining his solitaire game
>>
>>53072065
>is just salty that i remove his Vorinclex the instant it hits the board every time
As you should. Letting Vorinclex stick around is a terrible idea and he should know that dropping a bomb like that is big removal bait.
>>
>>53072000
Torn between him and Kaseto,thanks for the suggestion
>>
why is there no modern general? i wanna bitch about high prices and fetch lands
>>
>>53072121
That's exactly why there isn't.
>>
>>53072121
Buy proxies from the chinamen, all your problems will be solved.
>>
>>53072160
but we got a legacy general
>>
>>53072179
They get about two weeks to bitch about Top or whatever before they fade into obscurity again.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 223x310px
For Hazoret madness, scale 1 - Spice?
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 362x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 362x630px
I'm trying to come up with Bontu somehow as a challenge and game to myself, but I am just fucking stumped. She gets worse the more you analyze her.

Is there literally any tech or ancient mechanic in this game that could possibly "weaponize" scry? It just feels like nothing.
>>
>>53072692
Best thing I've seen done with her is a life drain type strategy, with lots of small drain effects that add up. Not the best but it could work.
>>
File: Image (44).jpg (27KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (44).jpg
27KB, 223x310px
>>53072692
>>
>>53072864
It could work. What do you, personally, think she might be able to do with a tokens theme? To differentiate from Gisa, she would have access to more than just zombies, I just can't think of what. I suppose living weapons are made for Bontu?
>>
>>53072873
This is very sexual, I haven't seen this card. This is superb for quiet a few different things.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 223x310px
Excuse me but can't one play a card like Red Sun while having Omniscience for free (no R), and then pay mana as normal for each X? As in, play it for 5 damage, just tapping 5 mana, and not paying the initial R?
>>
>>53072913
it is a symmetrical effect, so leyline of the void may be needed in conjunction
>>
>>53072974
>7/1/2012 If the card has X in its mana cost, you must choose 0 as its value.

straight from the gatherer page for Omniscience
>>
>>53072974
Omniscience says you MAY cast nonland cards without paying their mana cost, if you cast via omniscience x is 0 if you cast as normal its whatever you pay for X along with the red mana
>>
>>53072891
I think some tokens and a lot of die triggers, as well as recurring creatures could work. Stuff like Blood Artist, Pawn of Ulamog and Bloodsoaked Champion. Living weapons seem like they could work, but I feel if any commander this set could take advantage of them it would be Temmet
>>
>>53073027
Oh, that is actually a killer idea for Temmet.
>>
>>53073051
Yeah, you dont get all of them, but the idea of making a Scytheclaw unblockable seems like alot of fun.
>>
send help, I can't stop adding niche Sunforger and Sunforger-related targets into my Boros deck
>>
>>53073064
Blue has a lot of other good filler to make batterskulls unblockable, including Thassa. And use her bident.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 200x285px
>>53073099
And this
>>
>>53073099
I didn't even think of using Thassa or her Bident and I feel really dumb now
>>
File: JOU151.jpg (31KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
JOU151.jpg
31KB, 223x310px
Ok, after seeing an interesting discussion in a prior thread, I'm gonna make Keranos? How do I build him? How many Clone variants should I run?
>>
>>53071813
Just take 4 good cards out and replace them with fun cards.
>>
>>53072121
high end edh has lands and pricy cards. Pretend the jund deck of your dreams is a prossh deck and the commence the shitposting.
>>
File: Synergy.png (121KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Synergy.png
121KB, 223x311px
I'm looking to making a Nehab deck based around everyone discarding cards including myself but I can't seem to find any effects that really benefit that strategy. Pic related is obviously a solid choice, as well as the new Minotaur that allows you to pay 2 to discard a create and give target a -1/-1 but other than that I'm really drawing blank on cards that allow me to discard cards for a decent effect, or cards that offer me a solid effect for having very few cards in my hand. Does anyone have any ideas or help? I don't have a deck list yet, I'm just in the brainstorming stage. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>53073301
>>
>>53070227
Daxos is far below that.
>>
>>53073399

reanimation stuff is probably a good idea you could try flip liliana as well.
>>
>>53073349
the deck is already full of shitty cards that are there only because i like the art, they have problem with the commander not the deck itself
>>
I just made and tested out babby's first commander... with a Sliver tribal deck.

Ended up confusing Vigilance with Defender because I'm an idiot and ended up with an enormous hive of slivers that couldn't actually do anything but sit there and wait to be attacked
>>
Has anyone here ran Grimgrin as a non tribal commander? I've been looking at him but majority of the lists Ive found online are Zombie Tribal focused. Any advice/tips for just building around him?
>>
>>53073652
Trust me on this one, you can make it worse. Alternately if you hate them play kalitas.
>>
What are some decently fun multiplayer commander decks to play? I am a newer commander player so I would love something fun that is relatively cheap too.
>>
>>53073511
That's a good idea, I have one of them laying around that I've wanted to use for a while. It's at least worth a try.
>>
>>53073904
Krenko Goblins is a nice, cheesy commander
>>
File: EDHColorChart.png (1MB, 1092x2484px) Image search: [Google]
EDHColorChart.png
1MB, 1092x2484px
>>53069874
>favorite color combination and why?

When I first started I liked rakdos because blood carnival seemed cool. Didn't like the red as much, loved the black. Over time I really liked the mechanics and control of blue.

Naturally, dimir is perfect 2 color for me. Control and oppression is perfect, second only to UW.

I also like green, though UG is cool in flavor, I dislike how powerful and "that guy"-y it is. BUG is best tri color.

Can't pick a mono color, cause all are fun to play in own way. Probably black or blue.
>>
>>53073904
I find Zada super fun, and she's easy. She's very attack focused though, you drop you buffs on EVERY creature, and swing hard. Usually you get several draws off of it too because you're running cantrips which helps solves reds main issue. It's not a solid competetive deck, but if you're just looking for tons of fun it's hard to compete with 6 tokens and your commander all being around 7/3 on turn 4 or 5 and just dropping someone.
>>
File: Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer_CFX.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer_CFX.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>first game with new gwaffa deck
>playing against kings, faerie tribal oona, and a "woops, all creatures" bruse +ishai deck.
>kings just pillowforting, 'murica pumping out creatures and generally being brain dead (couldn't hit a white source until like t7 (?)
>only tangible threat is faerie tribal oona, she has a target on my library as faerie fuel (other decks were 3 and 4 color) so I'm nervous
>manage to lock the game into a standstill, nothing untaps, nothing can attack, no creatures can enter, gaining 1 life a turn
>manage to get oona under darksteel mutation, and gideons intervention
>3 counterspells in hand
>Eventually draw test of endurance

I'm in love

I want to invest in a divine intervention.

Will it shoot in price (again) within the next month or two you think ?
>>
Anyone have a decent budget Azami list?
>>
>>53074084
What's your price range?
>>
>>53074124

About $200 right now.
>>
>>53074130
Fuck making a deck, buy a fow
>>
File: Zurgo Helmsmasher_KTK.jpg (73KB, 336x469px) Image search: [Google]
Zurgo Helmsmasher_KTK.jpg
73KB, 336x469px
Been playing a Zurgo warrior tribal deck (no wraths / worldslayer) and I am absolutely loving it. The new Amonkhet additions (Oketra, Start /// Finish and Honored Crop-Captain, Cast Out) are really good and I like how warriors are a constantly-supported tribe so I get new toys all the time
>>
>>53074348
That actually seems like a fun deck.

Lovisa coldeyes in there?
>>
>>53069874
Jund because it's value town, you get a creature that does something on etb and you can eventually sacrifice it to do something else and when you sacrifice it your opponents get their creature destroyed and they get hit to the face.
Also it has Gruul and Golgari in it wich are my favorite 2 color combos
>>
File: Patron of the Moon.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Patron of the Moon.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
I've been itching to build a Mono U deck lately, but I'm torn between Baral and Patron.
Patron seems more unique, and maybe people will be surprised to see it pulled out, but I don't know how well it plays, Or if it's too linear.
Baral seems pretty fun, but I feel like I'll be hated off the table, not to mention that everyone just expects to see him with how new he is.
>>
If I clone flip Jace, and then activate the clone with 5 or more cards in hand what happens?
>>
>>53074509
Nothing. It doesn't have a side to flip to, so it just doesn't flip. See also: token versions of flip cards.
>>
>>53074523
Oh wait, no, I'm retarded and forgot how flipwalkers work.

It should exile and come back as a clone.
>>
>>53074421
Naturally.

The deck is pretty fucked if it doesn't curve out which can be a problem 1v1, but winning with Blood-Chin Fanatic eating Zurgo over and over again (possibly while having Stoneforge Masterwork on) is an amazing feeling
>>
File: cathars crusade.gif (930KB, 460x197px) Image search: [Google]
cathars crusade.gif
930KB, 460x197px
Speaking of divine intervention. ..

If a player gets killed in a 4 man pod, but then the game ends up drawing afterwards by the remaining 3...

Does the first player lose?

Or draw?
>>
>>53074566
The loser loses, everyone else draws.
>>
File: hapatra.png (134KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
hapatra.png
134KB, 223x311px
for shits and giggles i built hapatra necrotic ooze combo. it's way worse than the version that uses morselhoarder because it requires a haste enabler, but it's felt a lot more fair for my playgroup than that deck. also, infinite snakes is a pretty neat win condition.
>>
File: moonmist.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
moonmist.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>53074549
reminder that moonmist kills 4 of the 5 flipwalkers outright
>>
>>53074549
>come back
Funny joke
>>
How many signets would you run in a yidris storm deck? I'm running 6 currently, my thoughts are that they are pretty good mana fixing and when cascading they can really ramp up the storm count because they're cheap and can be used for more when as soon as you play them to cast more cheap spells
>>
>>53074856
i don't know what your list is, but i find that between mana crypt, lotus petal, and lotus bloom i don't really find much need to play more than 2 or 3 signets.
>>
Stopped playing commander for quite some time after my deck got stolen, but I'm trying to get into it again since I found avnew playgroup. Anyone got some suggestions for rather unique control/pillowfort commanders or strategies?
>>
>>53074904
play ashling with a high land count. make sure you hit a land drop every turn and pump her up every chance you get. threaten to nuke the board if anyone attacks you. not pillowfort per se, but playing politics in monored is always fun. you can end games pretty quickly by detonating 15+ power ashling and then untapping with a comet storm or fireball. or just play repercussion.
>>
File: YP0qZ.jpg (8KB, 193x254px) Image search: [Google]
YP0qZ.jpg
8KB, 193x254px
>>53074501
I just want someone to decide for me.
Just tell me which one to help my indecisive bitch ass.
>>
>>53075024
Baral has a higher powerlevel ceiling but requires more money and feels generic.

Patron lets you run a lot of janky cards and win in silly ways. That said at its best it's fairly weak and would require a pretty dumb playgroup to let you go off.

So the question is, is fun a zero-sum game to your indecisive bitch ass?

Play Pardon slut.
>>
>>53073730
You need a way of generating tokens to feed/untap the greedy bastard, failing that get plenty of 1 or 2 drop fodder and run ghoulcaller's chant to get them back
>>
More like cum-mander, am I right?
>>
>>53075299
H-haha, yeah.

*unzips dick*
>>
>>53075024
Play baral like kami but with more counterspells. Draw to win and keep them from stoping you
>>
File: mtg_08.jpg (100KB, 700x514px) Image search: [Google]
mtg_08.jpg
100KB, 700x514px
Bant. I'm an eternal Bantfag. I just love the flavor and feel of the color combo, and it lets you do or hate on everything strong in EDH. Rafiq is my pet commander but I've played pretty much every Bant commander in the past.
>>
>>53070001
>>53070001
>>53070001
How does monoblack kill artifacts and enchantments beyond the reach of ratchet bomb, dystopia and similar things? How do you deal with mind's dilation for example?
>>
>>53075695
>>/bant/
>>
Rules question: say I suspend a creature with Jhoira and it comes out. Suspend says "If it's a creature, it has haste." and not "it has haste until end of turn".
If someone later steals my creature with Control Magic, does it still have haste?
If something becomes a copy of my creature or creates a token copy of it, does that copy have haste?
>>
>>53075719
nevinyrral's disk
>>
>>53075744
bant bantz
bant pants
bant grants
>>
>>53069874
It used to be Izzet but has transitioned into U/G/x. I like having a lot of options and whacky interactions. 5C badstuff is probably the most fun to play, desu.
>>
>>53075719
Disk, O-Stone, Scour From Existence, and Spine of Ish Sah.

>>53075746
It has hast so long as you control it, copies and controlled suspend dudes don't have haste.
>>
File: Image.png (230KB, 445x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
230KB, 445x311px
What's some spicy tech for a secret Archfiend of Ifnir deck?
>>
>>53070001
That's a fucking neat art.
>>
File: 91.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
91.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
>>53070001
Golgari is my spirit animal. I love graveyard shenanigans. I love giant creatures. I love turning graveyard shenanigans into giant creatures.
>>
>>53071252
>Also I'm not a Timmy player or anything
>>
>>53073904
>>53073996
I second Zada. She's fun and cheap.

Edric, Spy Master of Trest is extremely cheap and still fun. He is oppressively good in a finely tuned / upgraded deck, but he's still decent and fun on a dirt cheap budget.

Uril, The Mistwalker can be built for <$25 yet still give expensive decks a run for their money. However, he can be frustrating for your opponents and is a little uninteractive.

Ashling the Pilgram is very cheap, and also quite interactive. The meme is you can play her with 99 mountains and nothing else, but it doesn't cost much to build on that.

Sram is very cheap, and probably the best mono-white commander. He's fun to play too, as long as he's not being killed every other turn.
>>
>>53075855
Delirium Skeins is basically death. I'm also going to run memory jar, which can hit for -7/-7, all the looting effects are half decent, a d I bet it would be good with new kozilek.
>>
File: 50.jpg (60KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
50.jpg
60KB, 312x445px
>>53075855
You playing Blue?
>>
>>53069874

I can only play red in EDH...
6 decks and every one has red in it.

General Tazri - 5 Colour Allies Tribal
Bladewing -Dragon Tribal Reanimator
Zada - Combat tricks
Mizzix - Storm / X spells Tribal
Uril - Voltron - Enchantress
Thromok - Devour / token spam

Please send help.
>>
>>53076049
*sends gimmicky U/G/x decks*
>>
>>53074769
>moonmist kills 4 of the 5 flipwalkers outright

...Can somebody explain this? How come they don't just turn into walkers? Since that's their other side?
>>
>>53076049
Dimir is pretty fun, particularly Lazav.
>>
>>53076049
I play nekuzar, omnath, mizzix, archangel avacyn, and breya so I have no idea how to stop playing red. I played oloro for a while but he was cancer and lame.
>>
>>53076085
They need to enter the battlefield flipped, normally transforming doesnt flicker the creature so they flip over with 0 loyalty counters and go to the graveyard as a state based action.
>>
>>53076096
I got killed by a Lazav turned into a Mossbridge Troll the other day (he could activate him with his Consuming Aberration). Much laughter was had.
>>
>>53075748
Which also kills your stuff.
>>
>>53076170
Stop posting any time.
>>
>>53076103
>>53076096

I just don't understand how the only deck tech my brain can ever brew needs to have mountains stapled onto it.

Only thing I've ever been tempted to build outside of it is actually a Dimir Mill strat.
>>
>get back into magic last year
>collection was worth about 1,000
>spend about 1,500 on cards in last year (might actually be high, but it's probably about right)
>make shrewd trades
>collection worth well over 5,000 now

I did this by trading standard singles for eternal commander shit. I had 15 Saheeli Rai's when they were 3, sold all but 1 when they spiked to 25. And so on. The point of this post is to say that to make money for your commander deck, prey on standard cucks.
>>
>>53076014
Nope, mono black. I'll be tutoring for Archfiend with my commander, Sisdisi, and then reanimating Archfiend whenever he dies.
>>
>>53076198
I built "the dimir mill deck" and it is exactly as fun as advertised. Sure, eldrazi will fuck up your day, but it's also a deck that gets exponentially better the stronger your opponents deck. Bonus points for sphinxes tutelage, Jace's erasure and memory jar.
>>
Is Krenko still the best Goblin commander?
>>
>>53072602
This card can be pretty good, I've used it in Kozilek. Just know that if you decide to test it out, don't try and discern its usefulness by how many times you counter a spell. Because it's there on the field and everyone can see it coming, people just won't play spells they think you'll counter. It's one of those cards that can have a big effect on the game while never actually doing anything.
>>
>>53076451
Zada is a strong contender
>>
>>53070201
I FEEL YOUR PAIN
>>
>>53074501
Play Kami of the crescent moon instead and tell your playgroup that it's grouphug. Traumatize them so hard that they'll never play against monoblue again.
>>
What's to stop a seller on MCM from just not sending a shipment, and saying that they did? As long as it's not a tracked shipment they have no responsibility to refund you right?
>>
>>53073399
I was contemplating making a Neheb deck at some point, but I don't think I'll probably care to. However, have some random ideas:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/spitball-neheb-the-worthy/
>>
>>53076630
negative reviews
>>
>>53076630
What's to stop a buyer from receiving a shipment, claiming he never got it and getting a refund?

The answer to both is evaluations. If a seller has a high loss percentage (people not receiving his shipments), it will come up as a warning on his profile, next to his cards in lists, in your cart etc. which means less people will want to order from that seller. In practice, this means that sellers care a lot about the shipment arriving without faults and are prepared to refund you or send new copies just to keep their evaluations strong.
Similarly, buyers have a not received shipments percentage which indicates if he's reliable to sell to. I'm not sure what the repercussions are, but my guess is that at a certain percentage, sellers aren't obligated to reimburse you anymore because you're an unreliable fuck.

It's very similar to how eBay works, good reviews make and break a seller.
>>
>>53076381

Whelp, guess the only option left is Lab maniac self mill!
>>
>>53076752
Labman self-mill is boring.

What you really want to do is tutor up traumatize every game, blast half someone's deck into their yard with Lazav out, and then laugh your way to the bank as you inevitably hit something good. Alternatively tutor up Undead Alchemist, then traumatize for style. I personally like Consuming Abboration, Mirko Vosk, Trepanation blade, dimir doppleganger, and body snatcher.
>>
>>53076735
Just saw that I have a >4% not received percentage, although I've never scammed anyone, just shitty postal service. It's in red text so I doubt that's good. Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>53076510
Zada's more a commander who happens to be a goblin, than a goblin commander.

She can do her thing with any creature tokens, not just goblins.
Spawning Breath, Make Mischief, Otherworldly Outburst, and Descent of the Dragons are quite useful for example.

Plus motherfucking Kher Keep.
LOVE that card.
>>
>>53072602
I play this in Feldon, if you are already trying to empty your hand/ fill your graveyard this card is S P I C E >>53076281
>>
>>53070705
Kambal and Obzedat are much better commanders for an extort deck.
Teysa is better as a voltron so you can abuse her protection from creatures.
>>
Is Zendikar Resurgent the only inexpensive mana doubler that only effects you?
>>
>>53077313
Doubling cube isn't particularly expensive.
>>
>>53077313
there's Regal Behemoth
>>
>>53077313
Mirari's Wake is about 10$ iirc, if you've a mono colored deck Caged Sun is pretty cheap.
Nature's Will is a more spicy way of doubling your mana.
>>
>>53077388
You and I have different ideas of cheap, my friend.
>>
>>53077450
>6-10 dollars isn't cheap
Since when?
>>
>first main phase
>"haha anon, your commander only deals 6 damage. I would have to let you hit me 4 times before I die. I win next turn"
>second main phase
>cast Seize the Day
>third main phase
>flashback StD
>fourth main phase
>Pull From Eternity

Boros is Love. Boros is Life.
>>
>>53077313
Mana reflection is amazing, and goes infinite with loads of shit.
>>
>>53069874
5c
failing that
4c sans black, I find the black tutors to make the decks less fun
failing 4c
Bant.
failing 3c
g/w
fav mono colored?
none i hate mono colored decks.
>>
>>53077503
Not the same anon, but here's how I rank card prices:
>$0-1 - just buy it on the spot in case you feel like slotting it in
>$1-5 - buy it if it's a staple for your deck or if it's a general staple that you'll probably use
>$5-10 - only worth it if you're guaranteed to use it and it has a noticeable impact
>$10-20 - must be a huge and splashy staple for at least one deck, only bought when you already know you like a deck and how you want it to play
>$20+ - at this point I'd rather start a new deck or buy a video game or something

Granted, it's different if you already have a huge collection or if you crack packs and have staples available to you
>>
>>53077536
>Boros
>ever getting to 11 mana
You don't have to lie on the internet when you're anonymous
>>
File: 147.jpg (78KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
147.jpg
78KB, 312x445px
>>53077662
>hitting 11 mana is hard in red/white
what?
>>
>>53073730
Mine is non-tribal but it still uses zombies a lot because they're a great back up. Focus more on protecting Grimgrin, making him huge, and adding evasion. Untap effects like Pemmin's Aurayare very helpful.
>>
>>53077712
>mana geyser
What a useless card. Sure it's good for a 4 player game, but 1v1 it's so bad it hurts.

>cast a 5 mana card
>if you cast it on curve, at most you get is 5 mana back, which puts you back to start
>late game it starts to get better, but paying 5 mana to net 3 mana is terrible
>really, it's only good if your opponent has 10 lands, and if they do, they've probably won by that point anyway
>>
>>53077739
It's a good thing EDH is a multiplayer format.
>>
>>53077739
>1v1
>>
>>53074071
mind shooting over your list? im looking for a dick azorius counterspells list
>>
>>53070001
Abzan or any color combination within.

White/Black=love the flavor, draining is a top archetype for me
White/Green=Spamming creatures and tokens is my #2 fetish
Green/Black=Lesser on the scale but I do like GY shenanigans
finally, abzan itself with counters spamming is my #1 fetish.
>>
Any suggestions for multiplayer decks? I was thinking of Selvala or Saskia but I was wondering if /tg/ knew of some other fun ones in the same vein.
>>
>>53078067
I've had fun with Sliver Queen or Queen Marchesa
>>
File: Bruna.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Bruna.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
If Bruna is equipped with a lightning greaves, does her ability allow the attachment of the auras despite her having shroud?

I understand that aura spells require targets, but as they just enter into play otherwise, they do not require a target.
>>
>>53078253
Mybad, I meant to post in the judge thread, not here
>>
>>53077712
That sure helps when paying for it over 3 main phases.

>>53078253
>If Bruna is equipped with a lightning greaves, does her ability allow the attachment of the auras despite her having shroud?
Yes. Auras only target when you cast them.
>>
>>53078275
That's what I was thinking, thanks anon
>>
>>53078067
>in the same vein.
whats that vein? being in green and white?

If you want a good multiplayer deck, g/w Selvala is a cool choice. I have been playing her since Conspiracy 1 launched and its been my most powerful deck.

just a reminder, you can do anything in edh assuming your meta is the standard 75% variety. very few strats are out of reach, mainly burn.
So tell me, whats your favorite 60 card deck?
>>
>>53078319

Same vein of being synergestic with multiplayer and not designed to win ASAP.
>>
>>53078319

Forgot to answer the last question, my favorite 60 card deck? It's hard to boil it down to one deck, but most of the decks I enjoyed were all weird combo decks, such as Warp Worlds. Otherwise it would be something like Standard Affinity, Ravniva G/R, Shadowmoor Mono Red or Mono Black Control. I will always have a love for gimmicky decks though, that is why I want something like that for multiplayer.
>>
>>53078253
The ONLY time Auras target is when they're spells. An Aura that's just put onto the battlefield doesn't target; you just put it onto the battlefield attached to something it can legally be attached to.

Shroud won't stop Bruna from getting free Auras.
>>
What is the Selvala Combo? Is it with the GW one or mono green? someone was saying you can play out your entire deck on turn 3 or something
>>
>>53078392
Selvala + Sword of the Paruns/Umbral Mantle + big enough dude. Tap her for more mana than it takes to UNTAP her, untap her, net gain of mana, repeat until infinite mana.
>>
>>53078381
Hey gA please verify on this question >>53075746
>>
>>53078518
Ah fuck, it picked up the hover-over.

702.61a. Suspend is a keyword that represents three abilities. The first is a static ability that functions while the card with suspend is in a player's hand. The second and third are triggered abilities that function in the exile zone. "Suspend N--[cost]" means "If you could begin to cast this card by putting it onto the stack from your hand, you may pay [cost] and exile it with N time counters on it. This action doesn't use the stack," and "At the beginning of your upkeep, if this card is suspended, remove a time counter from it," and "When the last time counter is removed from this card, if it's exiled, play it without paying its mana cost if able. If you can't, it remains exiled. If you cast a creature spell this way, it gains haste until you lose control of the spell or the permanent it becomes."
>>
>>53078333
Saskia scales poorly in multiplayer
the fewer opponents you have the better she is. thats why I was confused.
Adriana, Captain of the Guard scales with multiplayer... but shes not particularly strong

Anowon, the Ruin Sage effects all opponents and you can do some silly mono black devotion things with him as well same with Ascendant Evincar and Sheoldred, Whispering One

Archangel Avacyn also effects all players
for a more Johnny experience Experiment Kraj is in great colors, has a unifying theme and there is a greater chance to get other players activated abilities the more opponents you have
even something like Heliod, God of the Sun scales well in multiplayer because vigilance makes it so you always have blockers
Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord effects all players and is a very powerful and fun to build around commander
you can try to build a sac/recursion deck with Kokusho, the Evening Star a personal favorite deck of mine, very glad she came off the banlist a long time ago.
Nekusar, the Mindrazer, particularly Waste Not nekusar, scales waaaaay better with more opponents
Purphoros, God of the Forge is a nightmare to deal with because he also kills equally across the board
Rakdos, Lord of Riots gets more mana discounts from spells that hit all players
with Rashmi, Eternities Crafter can get triggers off of counters and other instant speed spells once per turn, the more opponents the more opportunities
hope this helps
>>
>>53078526
I see, thanks!
>>
>>53078275
You can cast it all during the second main phase also, provided the commander in question has vigilence

She does
>>
>>53078392
both can be combo gens pretty easily
g/w selvala is my combo deck and well I wouldnt give up white for anything, the green one is faster though, just has less stax actions.
>>
File: Vorel_Of_The_Hull_Clade.jpg (38KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Vorel_Of_The_Hull_Clade.jpg
38KB, 223x310px
Let's talk low-key commanders.
What are the commanders that you don't get why people don't play more often? What are the commanders that it seems like only you know about?
>>
>>53078732
There's a simple answer why Vorel doesn't get played much: Because there's better options for what he wants to do, and in his colors other strategies and Commanders shine much brighter.
>>
>>53072057
That's not too bad a solution but it'd nice if there was a better one
>>
>>53078333
In terms of commanders that are better against multiple opponents than a single one, there's Yahenni, Ob Nixilis (either), Geralf, Toshiro Umezawa, Kothoped, Kokusho, Norin, Patron of the Orochi, Ephara, Ishai, UB Sygg, Rakdos 2.0, Ulrich, Kambal, Tymna, Jori En, GB Glissa, Nath, Mazirek, Hapatra, Adriana, Anya, Rashmi, Jeleva, Kresh and Rith with a cursory look.
Then there's various cards you can include that might make certain generals better in MP, like Waste Not, Seedborn Muse and Extort. Basically just look for any effect that benefits you which scales with the number of turns, opponents, or times a player/opponent does an action. In that vein, Saskia doesn't actually qualify, since dealing damage to opponents is worse with more players (you are expending resources for something that has less influence on the total game state), and consequently her effect as well.
>>
>>53074501
Baral isn't fun so definitely avoid him
>>
How should you use karn, liberated in a game? I hear a lot about working aggresively towards the ult, but that seems kinda bad if you're just plussing him constantly. Do you make your opponent discard? If you do, then when you restart I doubt you'll have too much of an advantage. Or do you discard your own cards so that you'll get a huge advantage when you ult? That seems like you're opening yourself up to a huge blowout.

Or do you just exile permanents for value?

Basically, how do you use this guy?
>>
>>53078906
>I hear a lot about working aggressively towards the ult
who the hell told you that?
>>
>>53078906
Generally Karn should be a Scour from Existence. You put it in to deal with things you have trouble with (so, enchantments in a Rakdos deck, or creatures in a blue deck). You use his - ability, and if he survives an untap, you either use him again and be done with it, or you plus him and just start alternating.

Never play a planeswalker for their ult unless they're coming down after Doubling Season.
>>
>>53076049
I feel I may be the same, but with blue.

Built:
Bruna - Pillowfort into surprise angel
Melek - I'm just here to cast spells
Grimgrin - Zombie shenanigans
Edric - 1-drops for fun and profit

Planned:
Muzzio - Artifacts everywhere
>>
>>53078933
A bunch of idiots apparently, judging from your tone.

>>53078949
Thanks for your advice.
>>
>>53078992
Green for me. Only 1 of my 8 decks doesn't have green in it.
>>
>>53078818
t.BaralPlayer
>>
>>53079065
Trading one for one in multiplayer is a terrible idea and Baral's ability doesn't give you card advantage. You need someone like Azami or Edric to pull off counterspells.dec with any success.
>>
>Guy plays enchantment
>Resolves
>I play instant speed enchantment removal on it

He says
>You can't do that on my turn I was going to play a land which would give me enough mana to cast my counter spell on that instant, I didn't tell you you could play that.

Is this true or have I been playing magic for 10 years and have never heard of the idea that you're not allowed to cast an instant spell at instant speed?
>>
>>53079282
lmfao what a retard
>>
>>53079282
First, there's no such thing as 'speed' in Magic.

Second, priority. Magic isn't a game of reflexes. After any object on the stack resolves, the Active Player (the person whose turn it is) receives priority. That means if they play an enchantment, they will get priority after it resolves. You don't HAVE priority to cast your instant. They are 100% correct that after their spell, they get a chance to play a land before passing priority to you, which is when you can cast a spell.
>>
>>53079316
what
>>
>>53079351
Casting a disenchant in response to an envhantmeny spell is like doomblading in response to a consecrated sphinx: the object hasnt resolved yet. After it has, yhe person whose turn it is gets to cast spells, activate abilities, or make special actions[land drop, turn cards face up]. Opponents then, in turn order, are allowed to respond (to the first two, not special actions)
>>
>>53079418
So a land is faster than an instant, got it
>>
>>53079428
No, it isn't, because there's no such thing as 'faster' in Magic. He did not play his land 'faster' than your instant, you didn't have permission to cast your instant. He also could have played a sorcery before you had priority, that doesn't make a sorcery 'faster' than an instant.

Magic is not a game of reflexes. It's not "Who yells their spell fastest". It's a game of priority.
>>
>>53079428
>After any object on the stack resolves, the Active Player (the person whose turn it is) receives priority.
What's so hard to understand about that? After his enchantment resolved, he had priority. You couldn't have casted your instant without him passing priority to you first.
>>
How """"""""fun"""""" is Norin?
>>
>>53079428
No, it's just that priority doesn't pass when a player takes special actions, tapping lands for mana is another example of this. land drops are special actions that have their own timing restrictions [once/turn, during main phase on an empty stack]. You can't play your land for turn in responae to something, and likewise no one can respond to a player putting down their land for turn.
>>
>>53079467
most Norin decks are lolrandumb XDDD chaos garbage that gets old fast.
>>
>>53079467
not fun its either chaos or purphoros
>>
>>53079463
I've honestly never heard of the idea that you can't play an instant on someone's turn because they said so. Learn something new every day, and instants just became SO much worse! Good to know.

Next time someone tries to play an instant during my turn I'll say "WAIT, in response to your desire to play an instant spell, I will play a land and THEN counter it!" can't wait.
>>
>>53079487
so you're just baiting and pretending to be retarded. got it. move along everyone.
>>
>>53079480
>>53079485

I just want an excuse to play Warp World.
>>
>>53079487
Are you being retarded on purpose? The idea of priority is pretty simple. Unless that enchantment or land caused a trigger to occur, you have no priority until it is passed to you (and even that triggered ability will need to be passed, the active player gets the advantage here).
>>
File: Suture-Priest-MtG-Art.jpg (357KB, 1200x877px) Image search: [Google]
Suture-Priest-MtG-Art.jpg
357KB, 1200x877px
>>53079467
Very
>>
>>53079523
hey, Warp World is lots of fun, just don't make a chaos deck. If you want to make a deck around Warp World you better make it R/G/x so you can ramp and shit out tokens. Not only will the deck not be some cancer chaos deck, it can actually be a good deck.
>>
>>53079487
Priority and the Stack are basic game concepts. Read up.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/articles/15678-priority-and-the-stack
>>
>>53079533
How is it even remotely possible to play magic for 10 years and never find out that you need permission to play an interrupt spell
>>
>>53079487
You're not reading what they're saying. You do know what priority is do you?

Only when you have priority can you take any action. Before steps and phases end, and before any spell resolves, priority is passed around the table in turn order. This is how you're able to play instants and say "before your main phase ends, I cast...".

Now, your instant speed enchantment removal can only hit it when it is a permanent. When it is a spell, you'd need a counterspell to get rid of it. So your opponent casts a spell, he passes priority, you have nothing to target or cast so you pass priority, and then when priority passes back to him the spell resolves.

Because his spell resolved, he now has priority, and the ability to play stuff. This means that he can now play a land, cast a sorcery, or even cast 20 instants all in response to each other.

The key is that he has to pass priority before any of that resolves, however, lands don't "resolve". Playing a land is a special action and you don't pass priority when you do. This means that he's able to play a land, and then either cast another spell or pass to priority to advance to the next step/phase. Then when you cast your removal, he has the extra mana necessary to counter your spell.
>>
>>53079523
Any token deck with Red in it has a perfectly valid reason to run it
>>
>>53079487
That's not what we're saying, and you know it. The reason you couldn't play your instant isn't "Because they said so", it's because by the rules of the game you didn't have permission to. This is like trying to cast Glorious End during someone's untap and throwing a fit when they say "Uh, you can't do that".
>>
>>53079562
that article should be mandatory reading for anyone getting into magic. I always tell new players to read it ASAP.
>>
>>53079582
I usually send them the Mystical Tutor video. I haven't skimmed the MTGSal article in a while, and I know it was aces, but keep in mind it was also written almost 10 years ago and the rules change over time.
>>
>>53079487
You're just being stupid now. Once the cards on the stack resolve, then priority goes to the turn player until they give it away or they do something to which you may respond. Playing a land can't be responded to become lands don't use the stack. If someone has the priority to play an instant spell, then you can't play a land and do something in response. The key here is having priority, which you didn't have when you tried to remove his enchantment. If you're passing phases, it also gives your opponent a chance to respond.
>>
>>53079601
Jesus christ that was 10 years ago.
>>
>>53079644
>2008 was 9 years ago
what in the fuck
>>
File: 1383237849445.png (1MB, 1018x728px) Image search: [Google]
1383237849445.png
1MB, 1018x728px
>>53079670
>1993 was 50 years ago

wtf
>>
File: life full of shame.png (1MB, 1208x912px) Image search: [Google]
life full of shame.png
1MB, 1208x912px
>>53079670
I need immortality fast, I don't want to leave this world as a rotting corpse. Get to it /sci/.
>>
>>53079606
Technically, there's a priority pass after each individual object on the stack resolves, not just once the stack is clear.
>>
>>53079707
That too.
>>
>>53079523
Marath tokens then, or Ruric Thar all permanents. Well you can do it anyway on Norin skipping all other chaos stuff and using when ETB effects.
>>
>>53079562
Stack is, priority is something that isnt. You really don't need to know too much about it in kitchen table, where you do need to know the order in which spells resolve to play.
>>
>>53079566
People learn simplified but slightly incorrect versions of the rules (e.g. "you can play instants any time you want to") and then just assume that they're playing the correct way while playing within their circle that knows just as little. Or if they're playing at a FLGS they'll scream "JUDGE" whenever something challenges their world view and accept his ruling without learning why.
>>
File: ulrich.jpg (58KB, 530x370px) Image search: [Google]
ulrich.jpg
58KB, 530x370px
I want to play werewolves with Ulrich as the commander, but I'm not sure what kinds of secondary strategies to employ. EDHREC seems to be telling me to put in every werewolf ever printed, and a bunch of Gruul staples.
>>
>3.5 years ago
>card shop opened in town
>thought about going there but too scared
>haven't played mtg for 3.5 years
>still too scared
>think about it like 1 time a week
;_;
>>
>>53080093
Just pack an extra bag of spaghetti for sharing and go.
>>
Do you guys tend to put all sorts of recursion in regardless of how the deck normally operates?
>>
>>53080078
You're better of just playing xenagos as your werewolf tribal commander or something like that, maybe atarka, mina and denn or ruric thar would be good as well.

Ulrich is garbage because his effect is completely self contained. Even if you have 20 other werewolves on the board ulrich will be just as good as if he was the only werewolf in your deck. You're better off putting him in the 99 and running one of the aforementioned commanders.
>>
>>53080310
Some amount of recursion is usually gonna be present, simply because re-using things is a super strong strategy in a singleton format.
>>
>>53080078
>Werewolf legend
>isn't even a lord and most other RG legends are better commanders for a werewolf deck
has there ever been a bigger middle finger from wizards to the EDH crowd?
>>
File: Yes.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Yes.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>53080388
>>
>>53080388
Ludevic maybe
>>
>>53080456
>>53080462
DON'T REMIND ME REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53080456
>>53080462
Why don't people like Ludevic?
>>
i've got a bunch of really powerful blue and red spells in a pile in front of me, but every time i build a deck with them i turn into that guy who takes the 10 minute high tide turn and storms a victory. my playgroup isn't running a lot of control, so playing decks like that against them just feels like goldfishing and the wins feel hollow. what should i do with all this stuff if i'm not building storm?
>>
>>53080622
Ludevic was alluded to as a crazy-ass mad scientist necro-alchemist in a set that was like 99% awesome top-down design. People clamored for him to get a card since Innistrad dropped.

What we got was a shitty, boring card with a bad, boring ability that was clearly bottom-up "We need an existing lore character that doesn't have a card and fits into U/R" in the most phoned-in set of Legendaries in years.
>>
What's a fun Black deck for multiplayer? Either Mono-Black or 2 color with Black would be preferred.
>>
>>53080622
He is supposed to be a genius alchemist that creates awesome monsters and his card has none of that. It's a massive flavor fail.
>>
>>53080663
erebos pox

or did you mean fun for the whole table?
>>
>>53080623
Theft effects. Use your izzet stuff to steal and throw things at people.
>>
>>53080675

Preferably the whole table for Erebos did look appealing.
>>
>>53080622
>Best necro-alchemist on Innistrad
>Grants card draw to everyone
>No necromancy of any kind
>Encourages people to hit players other than you but also they can draw by hitting themselves (see: shocklands) so its controller is also least able to get the draw
>>
File: Lupine-Prototype-MTGEMN.png (451KB, 400x559px) Image search: [Google]
Lupine-Prototype-MTGEMN.png
451KB, 400x559px
>>53080622
The card has nothing to do with all other cards that involve ludevic.
>>
>>53080676
i think my problem is that a lot of the cards are just too powerful even when not storming out for my playgroup. like, if i ramp up to 6 and then play time spiral out of a 2-card hand when my opponents are still on 3 mana, people tend to just scoop it up there.
>>
>>53080735
>scooping to a wheel
what the fuck?
>>
>>53080782
the most common decks i play against are tromokratis leviathan tribal and the most poorly constructed newzuri i've ever seen. the rest of the group makes a new deck every week, but they usually only make group hug and chaos decks.
>>
>>53080816
I mean, the problem there is that even a precon would be too strong for your baby-ass playgroup.
>>
>>53080816
I physically cringed at the thought of playing in that cesspool
>>
>>53080849
My weakest deck would probably be called "OP bullshit".
>>
>>53080843
funny story.

i played the yidris precon when it was new and after handily winning the group started talking about banning him because he was "too much value".
>>
>>53080907
>casual scrubs
>started talking about banning
AAAAAAAAAA MAKE IT STOP
>>
>>53069874
Hard question cos I like a lot of color combos. But I think it all really boils down to Black/Red. There's just something magical about Rakdos and the flavor of its cards. I've yet to find a concrete gaming group, though, so I've abstained from brewing any Rakdos lists as to make better first impressions, seeing as Rakdos is a lot of "group hate" cards. I suppose it's better than some other color combinations though in terms of likeability
>>
I need the most spell-flingy, politics-enabling, shenanigans-starting commander you can think of.
>>
File: 1478549556892.jpg (99KB, 720x559px) Image search: [Google]
1478549556892.jpg
99KB, 720x559px
>>53081431
>politics-enabling
baka desu
>>
>>53081431
Mardu Marchesa Sunforger
>>
>>53071412
Shadowborn Apostle deck with Shirei, Shizo's Caretaker as the general.
>>
File: zed.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
zed.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>53081431

Zedruu fits most of those criteria

>spell-flingy
Zedruu herself isn't spell-flingy, but shes in the proper colors.

>politics & shenanigans
You literally could not ask for a commander better suited to politics then zedruu.
>>
File: BASED XENAGOD.jpg (85KB, 736x778px) Image search: [Google]
BASED XENAGOD.jpg
85KB, 736x778px
>>53069874
Gruul, because smashing things doesn't require thought. It just requires big creatures and BASED XENAGOD.
>>
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-online/1v1-commander-banned-list

lul
>>
>>53081431
Black Rose Marchesa.
>>
File: understand.png (373KB, 836x633px) Image search: [Google]
understand.png
373KB, 836x633px
>>53081863
Its like WoTC is trying to be willfully ignorant, and they act surprised from the negative reactions.
>>
File: 1471602812489.jpg (46KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
1471602812489.jpg
46KB, 265x370px
>>53081863
>We still have some work to do to finalize the names of the formats,

What's wrong with Duel Commander and Multiplayer Commander?
>>
>>53081903
Well, considering they'd both have the same fucking banlist, which doesn't match the banlist for what 99% of people know to be "Commander" OR "Duel Commander"...
>>
So, which commanders will be the best in Wizard's new MTGO 1v1 format?

My bet will be on Leovold since it wasn't banned from the get go.
>>
What built in politics keywords are there besides join forces, council's dilemma, and tempting offer?
>>
>>53082024
Will of the council is the only other one I am aware of.
>>
>>53082024
-monger creatures?
>>
File: GAR BOAT.jpg (990KB, 1700x1112px) Image search: [Google]
GAR BOAT.jpg
990KB, 1700x1112px
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/fuck-spells/

Rate my creatures/artifacts only deck, boyos.
>>
>>53082092
Artifacts are spells.

You shame your ancestors, boy.
>>
File: Anarchs.jpg (87KB, 953x960px) Image search: [Google]
Anarchs.jpg
87KB, 953x960px
>>53082092
>boyos
>>
>>53082120
You need to have a sword or two anyway, else you're not a soldier, you're a brawler.
>>
File: styles3.jpg (25KB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
styles3.jpg
25KB, 640x358px
>>53082092
I can get behind this.
>>
>>53082141
Is that ANR Anarchs or Vampire Anarchs?
>>
>>53082024
no but heres a pretty neat-o cycle
>>
>>53082157
Swords are for cowards.

You have forgotten the face of your father.
>>
>>53082168
>ANR Anarchs
yerp
>>
>>53082177
Did you forget an image?
>>
File: APNOC.png (2MB, 889x824px) Image search: [Google]
APNOC.png
2MB, 889x824px
>>53082177
>>53082024
>no but heres a pretty neat-o cycle
forgot pic fail
>>
You can play Astral Cornucopia for 0 right?
>>
>>53082257
Yes. If 0 is not a valid choice for X, the spell will say so explicitly (see Mind Grind). You can cast Cornucopia for X=0 just to get an artifact on board, or up the Storm count, or trigger something, etc.
>>
>>53082024
Underated politics cycle, coming through.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?text=+[each]+[other]+[player]&set=[%22Mercadian%20Masques%22]
>>
>>53082273
I liked the hunted cycle in Ravnica. I guess they make for some politics as well.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&name=+[hunted]&set=+[%22Ravnica:%20City%20of%20Guilds%22]
>>
>>53082346
They were also a lot more fun when the tokens they made were OWNED by you, so you could use Brand or Brooding Saurian to get the tokens back.
>>
>>53081863
Seriously what did they think was going to happen?
>>
>>53082231
Red and black are the only playable ones
>>
>>53082477
Did they work like that before? Was that due to some rule change? I thought tokens were always owned by the player under whose control they first came into.
>>
>>53082888
They worked like that up until M10, but got changed in that set. It was super non-intuitive, and only 'mattered' for "that's bullshit" feel-bad plays like that, so they changed it to "the owner of a token is whoever's control it was created under".
>>
>>53082911
Makes sense I guess. I remember looking it up when I was thinking that running Hunting Phantasm in Zedruu would be cool.
>>
File: 55.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
55.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>53082960
Hunted Phantasm*
>>
>>53082960
Yeah, it hasn't been that way for... shit, almost 8 years now.
>>
File: 1481151221244.jpg (45KB, 480x291px) Image search: [Google]
1481151221244.jpg
45KB, 480x291px
>>53082986
>M10 was 8 years ago
>>
>>53083036
I started with a pile of Onslaught block/7th edition cards a friend gave me after he was taught by a mutual friend of ours, and basically just played with that for a year or so, then started buying packs in Kamigawa-era. I remember telling people "I started with Kamigawa, I guess" and them laughing at how new I was.

Now I tell people "I started playing in 2003" and they think I'm some kind of ancient fucking wizard. I started playing this game 14 years ago.
>>
>>53082884
the only one I see played is the green one literally never seen anyone play any other one
but i have seen the green one in about 10 decks, wasnt too bad even if it wasnt followed up by a craterhoof or Overwhelming Stampede
>>
>>53082884
Green one is very good and probably the most run. Rhys and Trostani decks love it.
>>
>>53083078
Hey me too. Still have my 7th edition starter Thorn Elemental. One of the greatest blocks to start.
>>
>>53083292
One of my most cherished things is my playset of promo Avatar of Discord. It's a terrible card, but that was the first prerelease I ever attended, and I had so much fun with my Rakdos deck that I traded for the 3 my friends got. That's when we really got INTO it, beyond just buying packs every few weeks at Walmart (no game store).
>>
>>53075834
>>53078500
The haste doesn't leave at any point if until it leaves the battlefield, so with Mind Control, the creature still has haste when it leaves your control.
Clones work in same way, they copy as the creature is with all the abilities it has, including haste in this case. Clones don't copy any counters or attached things, or any abilities gained from separate cards.
>>
>>53083535
Neither of these things are correct.
>>
>>53083535
I initially agreed with you since that sounds correct and seems like the intuitive answer, but
>702.61a Suspend is a keyword that represents three abilities. The first is a static ability that functions while the card with suspend is in a player’s hand. The second and third are triggered abilities that function in the exile zone. “Suspend N—[cost]” means “If you could begin to cast this card by putting it onto the stack from your hand, you may pay [cost] and exile it with N time counters on it. This action doesn’t use the stack,” and “At the beginning of your upkeep, if this card is suspended, remove a time counter from it,” and “When the last time counter is removed from this card, if it’s exiled, play it without paying its mana cost if able. If you can’t, it remains exiled. If you cast a creature spell this way, it gains haste until you lose control of the spell or the permanent it becomes.”

> If you cast a creature spell this way, it gains haste until you lose control of the spell or the permanent it becomes.
>>
>>53083557
>>53083725
Well fuck. I just read the rules text from Jhoira and assumed that the haste never leaves.
Why wouldn't a clone have it though? It might just as well be printed on the card, since it doesn't leave.
>>
>>53083930
>It might just as well be printed on the card

Except it isn't, which means clone effects cannot pick it up.
>>
>>53083930
>706.2. When copying an object, the copy acquires the copiable values of the original object’s characteristics and, for an object on the stack, choices made when casting or activating it (mode, targets, the value of X, whether it was kicked, how it will affect multiple targets, and so on). The “copiable values” are the values derived from the text printed on the object (that text being name, mana cost, color indicator, card type, subtype, supertype, rules text, power, toughness, and/or loyalty), as modified by other copy effects, by its face-down status, and by “as . . . enters the battlefield” and “as . . . is turned face up” abilities that set power and toughness (and may also set additional characteristics). Other effects (including type-changing and text-changing effects), status, and counters are not copied.
>>
>>53084054
>>53084029
Double well fuck. At least I'm now a little wiser.
Also, I'm making a casual Rafiq deck and I was wondering about one of my pet cards, Gemini Engine. If I have two swords equipped to it, the token will be a 7/8 and 8/9 if I control Rafiq when it attacks alone, right?
>>
>>53083930
Because copy effects only get the base card.

the ONLY thing they can pick up is other copy effects. The Suspend guy does not 'naturally' have Haste- that was granted to it by an effect.
>>
Just tested GW Selvala against my friend's UW Daxos. Got stomped in game one against Ethereal Armor and True Conviction, then won game two with a T3 Mirari's Wake and then Seeker of Skybreak + Angel of Thune + Selvala + Benevolent Offering. I have to say, it was pretty fun.
>>
File: 1482271539083.png (296KB, 649x649px) Image search: [Google]
1482271539083.png
296KB, 649x649px
Is it just me or are the standard/modern generals nowhere to be seen?

WTF happened?
>>
>>53085462
It's Friday, presumably they're all out playing
>>
File: 636265500744044172.png (168KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
636265500744044172.png
168KB, 265x370px
Are these lands legal in gitrog?
>>
>>53085517
Nah, they're in the "banned in Gitrog" category of the banlist, sorry man.
>>
>>53085517
If a forest or swamp one was printed.
>>
>>53085540
>>53085540
>>53085540
new
>>
>>53085541
Color identity, idiot.
>>
>>53085581
Obviously not. The symbols are in the rules text, idiot.
>>
>>53085517
Dunno, can you play islands in Gitrog?
>>
File: 60c10b_5963394.jpg (203KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
60c10b_5963394.jpg
203KB, 1200x1200px
>>53085462
We got legacy general thou
Thread posts: 331
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.