[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 25

File: The_Sabbat_03.jpg (738KB, 1326x1909px) Image search: [Google]
The_Sabbat_03.jpg
738KB, 1326x1909px
Previous thread: >>52942387

>Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm

>News
http://theonyxpath.com/now-available-cursed-necropolis-rio/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/up-the-amazon-without-a-paddle-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
Which time period do you enjoy playing in the most?
>>
>>52950078
Interwar period
>>
>>52950078

Present Day. That's the general milleu of the "of darkness" lines, and I think it's a big part of the appeal.
>>
So, re-asking from previous thread if anyone has run a seers campaign - and if they'd be willing to share details of how it went?
>>
>>52950078
>Which time period do you enjoy playing in the most?
Dark Ages are the best, because you don't have to worry about hiding your supernatural powers.
>>
Weimar Republic. Lots of high tensions and stakes, even without knowing how it will all turn out.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12812374
>>
>>52950318
Clearly its PrincessAnd yes I mean husbando. Are you telling me you wouldn't a magical girl(male)?
>>
>>52950318

splatfus are shit
>>
File: 1446835068365.webm (3MB, 990x662px) Image search: [Google]
1446835068365.webm
3MB, 990x662px
Will we ever get another game that's as good as Bloodlines or even better than it?
>>
>>52950603
i'm pretty sure that the depiction of the female characters would be decried as sexist
>>
>>52950735
To an extent, but it could be worse.
>>
>>52950735

>implying bitching about that would matter

For quite some time, vampires have been all about sexual appeal, one way or another.
>>
>>52950842
Now I imagine Lasombra stealing socks in store
>>
cWoD Angels (The ones that didn't rebel) I guess they are able to deal with even the most powerful mages (Not Arch Masters, even thou the Highest Ranking may be able to deal with some of them)

>Immune to all damage expect Aggravated
>Automatic 5 Dots in ALL Attributes
>10 Health Levels
>They have no Abilities, but by using Faith they can do whatever they want by rules.
>They have Mastery over creation with their House Lores and Common Lores, and they are ALL at max level.
>They have a shitton of Faith to use for Lore/Ability Usage
>and I really mean a SHITTON
>Aggravated Damage HEALING,
>Cannot really be killed, in most cases their Faith pool will just finish and they will be sent back to Heaven to regain ALL Faith after 24 hours.
>The only way to stop them is to Absorb them, and only Other Demons/Angels can do that.

You DON'T want an Angel to get angry at you.
>>
12-13th century, basically the time of DAV. You still have the good old nights where the Masquerade is not so harsh and the peasants know there are things out there, the Reconquista and Crusades are still going on, the Cappadocians are still kicking...

It´s a grand time to be undead.
>>
>>52950603
They're making a Werewolf the apocalypse game by Cyanide, the same house that made bloodbowl
>>
File: 18e.jpg (55KB, 900x810px) Image search: [Google]
18e.jpg
55KB, 900x810px
>>52950927
>caring about old
>>
>>52950927
But can they take on Holy Roman Empire?
>>
>>52951346
The empire that never existed?
>>
>>52950735
No, I think if female characters were forced to look that way it would be called sexist, but just having the option to dress your character that way would be fine.
>>
>>52951346
As voltaire said neither holy nor Roman nor an empire.
>>
>>52950078
The 90s, it's similar enough to the modern day so players won't have to learn too much and the masquerade is bit stronger without iPhones and the such.
>>
File: VozhdGun.png (378KB, 406x549px) Image search: [Google]
VozhdGun.png
378KB, 406x549px
What if Vozhds had guns
>>
>>52950078
While I have occasionally enjoyed historical settings, the congruity of games set in the modern day is just way easier to get into. Historical games usually just end up seeming like modern day people who lost their cell phones acting out of place. Sometimes with bad accents.
>>
>>52951722
>Not making your monster's entirely out of highly dexterous ligaments wrapped around the triggers of 12 guns.
>>
>>52951718
Social Media making everyone easy to find and cellphones putting that in every players pocket can often make plots for other game lines just as complex or stupid as trying to get around a mage with Space/Correspondence.

The 90s seems like a nice compromise between modernity and game running logistical convenience. Also then all the hokey sterotypes make more sense.
>>
>>52952065

Typical response to supernaturals caught on tape is always a chorus of "FAKE AND GAY" followed with takedown notices in some cases, or outright server wipes.
>>
>>52950927
As a hobby Porthos Fitz-Empress (Hermetic Forces 6 Archmage) captures both Angels and Archangels and puts them in bottles.

Strange, I know. But his character is practically insane.
>>
>>52952475
>Specifically says "Not The Arch Mages, if not some of them"
>Quotes an Archmage
Also, may I have the proof of that? Just to expand my lore, you know.
Also because it seems highly unlikely because an Angel/Arch Angel has a degree of Forces control that can rival the ones of really powerful mages, and how in hell would a Forces Mage seal angels by using FORCES, not even Prime, Forces.
>>
I'm looking to get into Mage, and I want to see if artifacts and imbued items would be something interesting to focus on, but there's a lot of books to go through. Are any of them more focused on magic items than new and weird spell stuff?

(Praxes? Really? Calling it a signature spell is too simple, you have to give it a made up word for a name?)
>>
>>52952475
>bottles
Not exclusively. He binds angels to various items for his amusement.
>>
>>52952599
>and how in hell would a Forces Mage seal angels by using FORCES, not even Prime, Forces.
Six dot Spheres in Horizon: Stronghold of Hope are quite extensive, even for six dots. There's also Masters of the Art (Six dots is different here) where nine dots can bend the damn universe, an ancient mage having possibly created the universe, not God. It's versatile enough to do much and more.
Porthos also has at least three dots in each of the nine Spheres, him having five in Prime. Prime 6 is enough to cancel out God-driven curses, blessings and doings. Not hard to use your imagination and picture that being enough to deal with any angel.
>>
>>52952610
>(Praxes? Really? Calling it a signature spell is too simple, you have to give it a made up word for a name?)
The lexicon in mage has always been very convoluted. It always kinda made sense to me because of how full of themselves with hubris the average mage is. Of course as a culture they'd name things to make themselves sound more important.
>>
>>52952599
You don't need to be an archmage to invoke, summon & command angels. It's part of the Hermetic Paradigm and has been done before.
>>
>>52952610
For 1e you can check out Tome of the Mysteries. For 2e it's supposed to be 'Sign of Sorcery' but it probably won't come out anytime this decade thanks to publisher drama/incompetence.
>>
>>52952718
I don't want to be Nitpicky, but again
>Prime 6-9=Archmage, I'm talking NOT Arch-mages
Also Porthos doesn't have Prime 6.
And "Being able to cancel god-driven doings" doesn't really mean that they may be able to destroy an angel, more likely to extinguish their Faith and cast them to Heaven.

>>52952785
Material?
Also, I'm speaking about normal Angel, not the ones exiled to Hell and summoned by Mages, normal Angels are stated to don't being able to be summoned or binded by normal rituals like their fallen counterparts.
>>
>>52952718
>nine dots can bend the damn universe, an ancient mage having possibly created the universe, not God

Add Prime 9 and you can re-make the universe into a multiverse, whilst dethroning the actual God and becoming the new Omnipotent.
>>
>>52952849
>And "Being able to cancel god-driven doings" doesn't really mean that they may be able to destroy an angel, more likely to extinguish their Faith and cast them to Heaven.
Could be enough to unmake them entirely, you never know. It's enough to delete the seven-fold curse of God put on Caine. Even a Prime 5 Master would probably be enough.
>>
>>52952849
I feel like you're an incredibly biased individual. The latter part of your post has an apparent lack for a basis. Not to mention both Ascension and Fallen have opposing views of each respective line.
>>
>>52952857

Then Divis Mal kills you on behalf of the Monarchies of Mau.
>>
>>52953004
>Divis Mal
Do Aberrant and Trinity hold any cannon place in WoD?
>>
>>52953025
They will once Divis Mal becomes Divis Mau.
>>
>>52953025
No. Completely separate fictional settings. There's no linkage between old and new either, other than subtle nods to the former.
>>
>>52952857
The archspheres seem really strong, not sure if I like that.
>>
>>52953186
Then leave it at that, don't use them in your games, and don't try to argue they aren't cannon, or that they aren't better than literally anything any other game line offers as a power.
>>
>>52953186
Wizards have the potential to beat anything if they're sufficiently prepared or analytically obsessed.
The various Archmages just take that to whole other level, beating things that shouldn't be beaten.

Masters of the Art goes well into detail on this facet, describing mages evolving into gods and exemplars, and creating and forming universes in your bare hands.
The Arch-Spheres are highly broken and nearly unusable, but their potency is readily available to players and absolute overkill in the highest sense.
>>
Is there a rundown on the arch spheres on some site or such? Or do I have to lazily go through the book?
>>
Imperial practices are a step down from arch spheres right? Plus you have the whole going on a quest to find quintessence for every spell thing. Trying to get my edition differences straight.
>>
>>52953340
The Imperial Practices are nowhere near as abusive or far reaching as the classic Arch-Spheres, but are so much more reliable and can actually be used properly.
>>
File: 9676785728919.png (71KB, 1369x548px) Image search: [Google]
9676785728919.png
71KB, 1369x548px
>>52953332
>>
>>52953503
>can actually be used properly
That's a point you can't stress enough. It's entirely possible/fun to run an archmage game with awakening.
>>
>>52950078
Aside from the present day setting, my favorite period to run games in would be the 1940's.

I really liked Mage Noir.
>>
>>52950603
Probably not.

I mean we're supposed to be getting that Werewolf game but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>52950078
Is the dark eras in the pastebin mega all of them rolled in one?
>>
File: hc_001.jpg (1MB, 2880x1620px) Image search: [Google]
hc_001.jpg
1MB, 2880x1620px
How much does the average vampire care about where they live or what the place looks like?
>>
>>52953929
Depends on the Clan/Bloodline.
>>
>>52953550
gross

no gm is ever going to allow any of these in play canon or not
>>
>>52954019
Why does everyone react and treat the archspheres like they are intended for some street level game? Nothing in any book even remotely indicates them as being for that style of play.
>>
>>52954019
Hey, as long as I can kick Caine's ass into oblivion I'm happy.
>>
>>52954058
>literally the only reason magefags will ever use the archspheres
>>
File: 1485976875164.png (40KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
1485976875164.png
40KB, 488x519px
Running some nWoD games for friends and Exploding 10s have got me fucked up. When a PC has next to no chance and manage to get more successes than dice they roll it feels epic, powerful. Feels like the character is getting a hand from fate itself.
Then a combat encounter leads to half the party getting eviscerated by goons before the actual threat has acted in initiative because the goons happened to get more successes than their dice pool.
With each die being statistically unlikely to generate a success I'm still dialing in the pools for enemies, but a friend ran a few games in the Cypher System.
Their damage rules are amazing. A God-Machine send even. I want to convert them for nWoD.
In Cypher an enemy typically does either 2, 4 or 6 damage. The targeted player rolls a defense check, and either dodges completely or it hits them and anything over their armor is inflicted.
Example, a random goon might have a pool of 3. Subtract the Characters Defense, let's say 2. No dice rolled, the player takes 1 Damage determined by the weapon.
Players still roll for shit because most of them are primarily there to roll dice.
Any other modifiers people can suggest on this?
>>
>>52952610
Imbued items in 2e are shit, the rules for reaches arent explained, the dicepools are so low you cant take many spell factors, dont bother with them
>>
>>52951395
The Ottonian Emperors would like a word with you.
>>
>>52950078
How cringey is vtm larp?
>>
File: vampire larper.jpg (49KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
vampire larper.jpg
49KB, 400x300px
>>52954405
>>
>>52954405
It really depends on the group. But they can range from hippopotagoths wearing disgusting clothes that their body type makes vomit inducing, to an interesting political games between adults who aren't drama queens.
>>
>>52950078
Can Vampires give rapes?
>>
>>52954192
In many games, guaranteed taking some damage is a terrible idea because quick cheap healing just isn't a thing. Werewolves are the only ones who could probably stand up against that sort of thing honestly.
>>
>>52954432
>hippopotagoths

lol
>>
>>52954412
Ewwwwww

>>52954432
I met some goth lesbians at a Christian Death show last year and they said they were into owod.

They're not ugly. But at the same time I can't vouch for the rest of them. I just don't want to be thrust into an awkward SJW cringefest.
>>
>>52954478
>They're not ugly. But at the same time I can't vouch for the rest of them. I just don't want to be thrust into an awkward SJW cringefest.
Just fake something important coming up if it gets too weird.
>>
>>52954540
I'm a combat oriented Brujah.... I can't handle subterfuge.
>>
>>52954405
Well it's a LARP so that's already a strike against it.
>>
>>52954566
That's why god invented automated text messages. You set it with something that requires your attention and if things suck you just tell people you need to go do your predetermined time dependent task.
>>
>>52954048
Arch Sphere probably weren't even intended for any games, seeing as how their descriptions are muddled and often cross into other Spheres, or simply just repeat a prior level of the Sphere. The supplement treadmill and getting things out the door in a hurry that was the standard in the late 90s means that the book is worse than the original Dirty Secrets of the Black Hand when it comes to coherence and organization of thought. Add onto that a clear lack of playtesting, and, well, there's not much of a reason to trust that MotA reasonably describes the mechanics of Archmages.
>>
>>52954478
>a Christian Death show
Excuse me?
>>
>>52952610
Tome of the Mysteries.

And yes, really. Although praxis is not a made up word. It means to put something into practice.
>>
>>52954613

It's a band.
>>
>>52954478
>goth
Strike one.
>lesbians
Strike two.
>into owod
Put together with the former two, strike three.
>>
>>52954590
That's wisdom. I'm gonna do it. I'll give you guys the results in the coming weeks.

>>52954613
It's an old deathrock band.
>>
Hey anon know where I could find the hunter translation guide? Tried both megas and it wasn't there.
>>
>>52954719
Is that even out yet?
>>
>>52954744
What? Hunters been out forever why wouldn't it be? Hell I remember reading it at some point, guess I just don't have it saved.
>>
>>52954756
Yeah, but I don't recall hearing much about an official translation guide in the same vein as for Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, Demon, etc.
>>
>>52954719
Convert vigil into the owod hunter? Why would you? If your just after a 2e update then no its not out.
>>
>>52954381
Bach Otton 3 kicked the bucket And next guy mostly wanted to punch people in the face
>>
>>52954719
Hunter: Mortal Remains, has a few updates of some bits to 2e, but its not a full 2e hunter release. Its got monster building and endowments IIRC
>>
>>52953929
Depends on the person in question, really, and it goes without saying that what clan they're from can have a big impact on it.

Toreador usually go for... well, clean and modern. Or whatever counted as "modern" at the time of their Embrace. Largely because it helps to remind them of their ties to Humanity, but also because it's easier to get repeat-victims for feeding if your place doesn't look like shit.

Nosferatu on the other hand usually don't hole up in swanky and clean establishments, often on account of how those places tend to *attract* visitors rather than keep them away. Plus, old catacombs and sewers offer more choices in defenses and protective measures than loft-apartments in the hoity-toity parts of town.

Gangrel usually don't give two shits about where they rest their head, because they can sleep wherever there's dirt to be found. While smart Gangrel wouldn't object to luxury as a perk, they just wouldn't ever let that luxury rule their way of life or get in the way of survival. If you gotta sleep in a piss-stained gutter to survive, that's what the Gangrel would do.

Malkavians are too... random. But on the whole they'd probably enjoy remote or hidden locales where they wouldn't run as much risk of inadvertently ruining the Masquerade during one of their "fits", whatever their madness.

Brujah probably don't care, as a whole. They've all got bigger things on their mind than whether they live in a one-star or five-star establishment.

The Tremere have their Chantries, which usually provide for all of the resident Tremere's needs, depending on their rank and standing in the Pyramid. They can usually still have their own Havens, though, that goes without saying.

Most Ventrue would be used to the creme de la creme when it comes to living quarters. They can survive without it, but their way of unlife and the ones picked for Embrace usually means Ventrue are always in possession of one or more havens where they can feel safe.
>>
>>52954786
I'm sure it got swept under the rug because hunter is the biggest changed and so a translation guide is pretty much worthless.
>>52954791
Because fuck you that's why.
I like some of the stuff from old hunter, I'm thinking about messing with the setting a little bit and turning the imbued into a sort of conspiracy. I'm just looking for the guide to get some help with it.
>>
>>52954817
This are the most important things i guess
>>
>>52954828

What about the Tzimisce, Ravnos and Lasombra?
>>
>>52954831
Also, Vigil wouldn't exactly be translated to Reckoning so much as you could just kind of add the material on to existing Hunter's Hunted-type organizations in the WoD.
>>
>>52954817
>>52954832
I don't mean from new to chronicles, I mean from old to new.
>>
>>52954831
>mess with setting.
dont you know your not allowed to do that?
>>
>>52954880
I know that part is kinda dumb, I'm mostly looking at this purely from the reckoning -> hunter point of view. And even then I understand I'm probably going to have to do most of the heavy lifting myself.
>>52954940
We're far to late for that at this point.
>>
>>52954877
Tzimisce are connected to their ancestral lands, probably wouldn't stray too far from it.

Ravnos are wanderers. They'll sleep anywhere.

Lasombra are elegant and aristocratic. Would probably enjoy the finer things in life.
>>
>>52953550
>Prime 9
>Paradox is now your plaything
expect for the fact that they say in the same book that you cannot use Prime to avoid any kind of Paradox Backlash, and by trying to use it that way the Paradox just gets worse for you.
>>
>>52955004

>Tzimisce are connected to their ancestral lands, probably wouldn't stray too far from it.

They can just surround themselves with two handfuls of the dirt from whatever place meant something to them while they were still human.
>>
Actually, I can't find ANY of the translation guides in the megas. Do we not have those?
>>
>>52955033
You're right. I guess I just always pictured my Tzimisce as being eccentric and very reclusive, possibly inheriting property of the family that's existed for generations and feeling irrevocably connected to it. Always was more fun to me than just stuffing a couple handfuls of dirt in your pocket.

Except when you're getting intimate with the decaying carcass of your late wife...
>>
>>52955144
My mental image of Tzimisce comes from Bloodlines so whenever I picture their havens I always picture some upscale house or mansion that they've taken over and turned into a flesh cave.
>>
>>52955221
"AHHHHHHHHH-"
"So ho do you like my man cave?"
"-HHHHHHHHHH-"
"Great, isn't it?"
-HHHHHHHHHH!"
>>
>>52955144
>>52955221
One thing about the Tzimisce: more often than not, they're territorial as shit. The one ethical code you can often count on Tzimisce to hold to is sacred hospitality; they're very gracious to invited guests, but they deal out unholy retribution to uninvited ones. And they hate abandoning a haven.
>>
>>52950318
>'best husbando'
>mage beating werewolf

kek
the knot just wasn't enough
>>
>>52950842
fake and gay
>>
>>52956192
ur fake and gay
>>
how gay is the chronicles of fagness
>>
>>52956268
Has brunch every saturday before yoga gay.
>>
>>52956268
The gayest gay to ever gay
>>
File: tdv02_new.jpg (117KB, 800x685px) Image search: [Google]
tdv02_new.jpg
117KB, 800x685px
>>52954405
The likelyhood of it being cringy is almost a given since WoD attracts the worst kind of players.
I've seen it all, from obese hambeast GMs taking the role of elders who end up falling asleep or munching snacks during the game to full-on autistic manchildren playing gangrel furries in costumes that are somehwere between paintball camo gear and naruto cosplay.

It also attracts a lot of hotties that just want to play gothic dress-up.

I've only been to a single good vampire larp and that was invitation only with a 200€ entrance fee for a weekend and it took place in an actual castle.
It was amazing but too pricey for me to play on a regular basis.
>>
>>52956290
>>52956307
that's pretty gay
>>
>>52952857
Which is a sure sign your ST is an idiot.
>>
>>52954478
>I just don't want to be thrust into an awkward SJW cringefest.

It really feels like /wodg/ is the safest place for non-SJW players interested in the WoD. I'm too scared to type anything in the OPP forums without getting warned for some sort of politically incorrect comment.
>>
>>52956486
4chan is pmuch the only social media site left that isn't censored for political and advertising purposes.
>>
>>52956486
/wodg/ is a safe space for people who hate safe spaces.
>>
Well, my guilt about the Salubri pogrom as a Tremere player vanished in an eyeblink when the V20 Dark Ages book said the Salubri thought of the Tzimisce as "noble and trustworthy."
>>
>>52956486
>OPP forums
aren't the moderators SJWs themselves?
>>
>>52956536
Also the game devs!
>>
>>52956486
Why don't you say what you want to do first, that you think would be hindered by "SJWs."
>>
>>52956568
I don't think DaveB is an SJW. David Hill was def one.
>>
>>52956582
Not that anon, but any disagreement with the devs at all really gets you in trouble over there. You have to remember, some of the devs over there are the kind of people who would accuse everyone criticizing them of being MRAs while writing an actual game about victim blaming.
>>
>>52956582
There are only two genders
>>
>>52956512
We're a shit-hole but we're an honest shit-hole.
>>
>>52956623
>any disagreement with the devs at all really gets you in trouble over there
Really? The only time I've witnessed a Dev bite back was when DaveB personally destroyed Geckopirateship.

It was orgasmic.
>>
>>52956688

Link?
>>
File: hurl.gif (496KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
hurl.gif
496KB, 400x226px
>>52956688

>geckopirateship
>>
>>52956718
The subject was regarding immortality in Awakening, which happens to be a popular topic. Search in one of those threads.
>>
>>52956634
>There are only two genders

Not according to Bill Nye the SJW Guy!
>>
>>52956750

what was the argument about?
>>
>>52956688
Jesus christ that fucking guy. I swear he was trolling at times no body is that dense/autistic.
>>
>>52956607

DaveB would absolutely be called one by now if the thread didn't like Mage so much. He's not any quieter about his politics than any other OPP writers, it just so happens that the politics tends to be in places no one picks up on.

>>52956486

>I'm too scared

It's the internet, it isn't real.
>>
>>52956798
Geckopirateship slew a Komodo dragon and posted its severed head for all to see. The autopsy showed the lizard was pregnant with little baby Komodos, never to see the light of life.

Of course DaveB would not stand for this and shit went down.
>>
>>52956857
>DaveB would absolutely be called one

BE SILENT YOU WORM
>>
>>52955004
Don't forget decked out in mirrors, both as a psychological issue as well as a part of their defensive systems
>>
>>52956857
There's a difference between being politically savvy and a total fucking SJW. I would consider Dave to be the former not the latter.
>>
File: 6722856535_c6d6f9da0b_b.jpg (335KB, 1024x828px) Image search: [Google]
6722856535_c6d6f9da0b_b.jpg
335KB, 1024x828px
http://www.strawpoll.me/12853522

You can become any CofD splat [besides Mages] IRL and in your current life. Which do you choose and why
>>
>>52956857
>DaveB would absolutely be called one by now if the thread didn't like Mage so much

That doesn't save Phil Brucato, to be fair.
>>
>>52957319
Other:Hunter
I would prefer to keep my humanity/soul in tact if its all the same to you.
>>
>>52957319
Demon. It's like being a cold war spy and blues musician backstory.
>>
>>52957319
>no mage option

why even vote?
>>
>>52957319
You should remove Demons because they're never even human to begin with. Maybe even Promethean. Possibly Mummy.

Add Mage now!
>>
>>52957319
Geist.

It's like being a Mage without all the Bullshit
>>
>>52955603
So the most offensive thing you could do to a Tzimisce is burn down his home or some shit?
>>
>>52957659
That would definitely be maddening for them, yes.

I've heard the theory that Andrei fought to the death at the hotel in Bloodlines because his ego had already been bruised enough by fleeing from the King's Way house, and believe it.
>>
>>52957630

Seriously, even if Mages were an option I might still go Sin-Eater.
>>
>>52957319

Seriously, who would pick promethean?
>>
>>52957630
I actually consider Mages to be better off than Sin-Eaters, to be honest. Both are privileged however.
>>
>>52957957
No other gameline entails a better life than Awakening does.
There's also the potential for it to be the exact opposite though; Living as one of the Seers would be worse than the petty politics of the Kindred.
>>
>>52956857

I'm Liberal by UK Standards, which means I'm somewhere to the slight right of Lenin by Trumpistan accounting.
>>
>>52957319
Kinda inclined to Vampire if I can't pick Mage. Maybe Changeling if I can pick my splats.
>>
>>52956825

She.
>>
>>52956486
>>52956512
>>52956536
>>52956623
>>52956634
Welcome to 4Chan. This place is the exact opposite of hugbox.

It is the hurt-box. But with all of that discomfort and hostility channeled to the ends of winning arguments at all costs and, as the end result of that process, all bullshit is burned away.

The terrible truth of this place is that it is as liberating as it is horrifying because, because anonymity combined with lax moderation makes this place is "Cold, hard logic and reasoning and fuck your feelings: The Website"
>>
>>52958032
>>52958060
I'm gonna need a link, Dave. I've grown cruel in my old age.
>>
>>52958073
The mark of one entirely too full of himself about this website. At least half is some combination of trolls and shitposting, and from what's left, you've got plenty of socially dysfunctional assholes who think they speak truth to power because it's more satisfying than just admitting that they're socially dysfunctional assholes. Anonymity doesn't produce a superior community, just a different one.
>>
>>52958142
At this stage, it's just muckraking. She got banned. Ironically, not for anything I did.

*I* caught mod action in that whole thing. It was , looking back, the thing that convinced me the level of engagement I had with the forums wasn't good for me. Why we can't have nice things.
>>
>>52957319
Well fuck if I can't go with Mage I'll go with Geist.

And to whoever chose Vampire, enjoy your empty half-life of eternal night, retard.
>>
File: miss komodo.jpg (117KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
miss komodo.jpg
117KB, 720x450px
>>52958032
>>52958060
>>52958277
Am I a pretty lizard, Dave?
>>
TRINITY KICKSTARTER FUCKING WHEN?
>>
>>52958277
What was the argument about? She tried to deny immortality in Awakening or something?
>>
>>52957319
The book's not even out yet and I choose Deviant, best chance I get to be Venom in real life.
>>
So, I've been trying to come up with a central Mystery for the Consillium and Assembly of my setting to deal with.

I settled on "Wonder Factory." Small to medium mysteries crop up with disturbing regularity, and people are starting to suspect a greater mystery behind it. Someone jokingly referred to a "Wonder Factory" and the name stuck.

Is this a shitty idea?
>>
My latest character concept that I'm afraid I won't ever get to try out: a Dark Ages Lasombra on the Path of Chivalry. There's something about the combination of not needing to hold oneself to mortal standards yet still finding a mandate to defend one's inferiors that I find remarkably compelling.
>>
>>52954583
Why is /tg/ so against LARP?
>>
>>52958867

Bad experiences, mostly.
>>
>>52958859
That depends, how Wonka are you prepared to get with this?
>>
>>52958013

I just really don't get the draw of the seers, in all honestly. Besides "they're the only group I met and I joined before I knew what was what," I can't see too many people choosing that kind of life over the pentacle or nameless.
>>
>>52958941
It's simple: it's the order of selfish pricks, and there are a hell of a lot of selfish pricks among humanity.
>>
File: DaveB.jpg (104KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
DaveB.jpg
104KB, 620x387px
>>52958032
HE WALKS AMONG US!!!!
>>
>>52958013
Well if you're not with the Seers then you're against them. So have fun with those however many mages, the archmages above them, and ascended seers above them all hating you.
>>
>>52958867
I enjoy LARPing for some reason, but I'm also inclined to agree with the negative things said about it, as a demographic, LARPers are awful people who are prone to out of game drama.
>>
>>52958032
>I'm somewhere to the slight right of Muhammad

ftfy
>>
>>52958941
Most people don't bother to take agency in their own lives anyway, them falling into a soulless job that ultimately hurts people is actually the path most commonly chosen by the average person.
>>
>>52958897

If they can find it, i'm prepared to go full Gene Wilder on Acid, with the occasional sinister reveal.

"Oh, you love my Tassy Tea? Let's see it being made." Jumpcut to an unfortunate changeling being boiled alive in a vat.

>>52958954

Plenty of selfish pricks out there who would see the seers as too much. Besides, there's no worse tyrant than the one convinced they're doing the right thing.

>>52959021

He's not Swedish.
>>
>>52958941
As someone said in a previous thread

>>The Seers made the all too human choice when given access to god like power, privilege, and understanding of the universe and said, 'Fuck it, I'm going to go snort Wizard cocaine off the ass of a vampire hooker who I'll turn into a lawn chair when I get bored of her'
>>
>>52959029

coolstorybro.jpg

>>52959054

now this actually makes sense.
>>
>>52958154
>speak truth to power
Tranny detected
>>
>>52958867
Depends on where you live honestly. The LARP community in my neck of the woods makes fa/tg/uys look well adjusted by comparison.
>>
File: VUppHak.jpg (64KB, 569x600px) Image search: [Google]
VUppHak.jpg
64KB, 569x600px
>>52957319
I don't want to actually be any of them, RP is just fun and games.
>>
>>52959008
>totally not a seer
>>
>>52958073
Bullshit. We don't take shit but ultimately we're autistic man children wasting the best years of our lives shitposting pictures of frogs on a chinese image board.

We're the proverbial room of chimpanzees banging away at keyboards. We may do cool things on occasion but it's a statistical fluke.
>>
>>52959196
Hating 4chan is like hating yourself.
>>
>>52958073

>Cold hard logic and fuck your feelings
>A board with post-ironic worship of an Egyptian god and a post in this very thread about how someone's scared to post on a forum

4chan is many things, but not that
>>
>>52958013

Pentacle mages still have to put up with quite a bit of bullshit compared to sin eaters though.
>>
>>52959196

my best years have passed, i've only come back because they're over
>>
>>52959322
Mages are human. They can be among the Pentacle and still decide to live relatively normal lives, albeit with mystery(s).
>>
File: 230114_908223010.png (133KB, 339x296px) Image search: [Google]
230114_908223010.png
133KB, 339x296px
>>52959314
>Using cold hard logic to fuck his feelings
>4chans not that tho
>>
>>52959213
And every bit of fury directed so is well deserved.
>>
>>52958859
Eh, I would have a bunch of NPCs get quite irritated when anyone mentions the name, to indicate there are various people who are still pissy about the naming convention.

Probably best to say that it was jokingly decided at a Free Council meeting, and since they were the individuals who put the most work into classifying it, the Pentacle unfortunately has to reference all of their materials, which make explicit reference to the "factory".
>>
>>52959765
Every moment you spend hating is like a precious jewel you steal from yourself
>>
Has anyone done conversions for the tamers of elements legacies? Those were some of my favorites. If not I'd give it a shot
>>
File: SetiteREEEEEEEEEEEEEE.gif (960KB, 390x313px) Image search: [Google]
SetiteREEEEEEEEEEEEEE.gif
960KB, 390x313px
>>52954828
>>52953929
>there's no fucking CURTAINS
>>
>>52959934
I did the Tamers of Fire.
And honestly I'd do more.
But all play and no work makes Jack fail Law.
>>
File: 1465203901977.jpg (2MB, 2880x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1465203901977.jpg
2MB, 2880x1620px
>>52959980

Did you not notice the wooden boards on the floor?
>>
Quick question for Dave if he's lurking. Do weapons made from perfected material count as magical for purposes such as Shielding magic?
>>
>>52961494
if it does how would this help, the shielding only protects vs the intrinstic properties of the material, shielding vs stabbing somebody with a perfected metal sword wont do jack shit
>>
>>52961570
I'd argue that magic shit could be blocked by Prime Shielding.
>>
Don't shielding spells only last for potency number of supernatural attacks?

I like shielding spells. But, I struggle to figure out their niche when compared to Mage armor.
>>
>>52961898
the creative thaum rules say that, but the actual shielding spells given as examples dont, so its either sloppy editing or sloppy editing..
>>
>>52961898
Shielding lets you get more specific with what you want to defend from, like how a shielding spell of Forces can protect you from fall damage or extreme environments and one of Mind can defend you from psychic attacks and mental invasions.
>>
>>52961945
Actually why the fuck would shielding from forces protect you from falling damage, its not gravity thats hurting you its the fucking impact with the ground/solid. Gravity isnt actually directly causing you damage so no, you'll take falling damage
>>
>>52961809
It does. Prime can even ward off anti-magic.
>>
>>52962008
magical weapon made from perfected materiel is still sharp and pointy...

what the fuck is anti-magic?
>>
Does anyone have that artwork from one of the new world of darkness books that has some blonde teenage boy in a classroom surrounded by his classmates and teacher but they're all desiccated corpses/zombies?
>>
>>52961965
Why do you think people get hurt when they hit the ground from a high place?
>>
>>52962018
>what the fuck is anti-magic?
The ST's common sense.
>>
>>52962095
because they impact it, they didnt get hit with a gravity beam or gravity bolt of damage now did they. One could say then i'll just shield myself from kinetic energy then and yes shielding will provide protection from any conditions/tilts caused by kinetic energy, but it wont protect you from bullets..
>>
>>52962095
A catapult throws a huge fucking boulder at you, what would you shield vs? Catapults or boulders?

Cause one of them is gonna get you squashed..
>>
In VtR 2e, if a discipline/devoation has a vitae cost higher than a vampire's Blood Potency, can they just straight up not use it?
>>
>>52962234
>because they impact it
Yes. From high speeds. Meaning that they've built up kinetic energy and when they hit the ground, Newton's third law happens. You know, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction? So if you shield yourself from that blowback of kinetic energy, you can avoid damage from nearly any kind of impact because that is literally where the damage comes from.

And I would even say that this would protect you from bullets, since their power comes from kinetic energy. Put up a barrier designed to stop, disperse, or redirect kinetic energy around yourself with a Forces Shielding spell and bullets would just stop when they hit it, the power propelling them towards you vanishing suddenly.

At least that's how I'm given to understand it.
>>
>>52962249
This makes no sense. What point are you even trying to make here?
>>
>>52962338
that shielding from gravity wont stop you taking damage caused from a impact, just as shielding from a catapult wont stop you being squished from a boulder it fired??? cause and effect, id rather shield from the effect than the cause thank you..
>>
>>52962331
Isnt that what forces mage armor is doing? And it only gives general armour, wtf use is it if a simple 2 dot shielding spell protects vs all bullets?
>>
>>52962456
At what point did I say "shield from gravity"?
>>
>>52962513
Hmm, your obv one of those people who think shielding oneself from death will mean you cant die....nvm, move along..
>>
>>52962480
Well for starters you can activate Mage Armor reflexively. In the case of Forces it's more a general catch-all, designed to disperse all kinds of energy upon impact. A Shielding spell against kinetic energy specifically would be different. It wouldn't protect you from heat or electricity and such but would do its specific job better.
>>
>>52962541
I don't think that at all. What I think is that Forces can shield you from the harmful effects of kinetic energy, which it literally can.
>>
Are the Vampire: Dark Ages novels any good?
>>
Is it possible to enjoy WoD without being a social justice whore?
>>
>>52963511
Of course not, why would you ever think that?
>>
>>52963511
Yes.

But you will be predominantly playing with social justice whores.
>>
>>52956315
>200€ partecipation fee
>For a game

What the shit are they going to drink actual blood afterwards
>>
>>52957319
>nWoD

No thanks
>>
>>52963664
Still better than oWoD.

Just try to disprove me. You fucking can't.
>>
>>52957319
You should drop demon from it as it's more like demon becomes me not the other way round
>>
>>52963683
>Just try to disprove me.

There are no Malkavians :(
>>
>>52963698
There is a bloodline and if you just want a crazy vampire Ventrue as a whole got you covered
>>
CofD > Exalted > Scion > OWoD
>>
>>52963709
Scion is a fuckin mess
>>
>>52963716
Yes, it is quite messy. Still nowhere near as messy as OWoD.
>>
>>52963698
There actually is.
>>
>>52963698
>>52963707
>>52963725
Nobody fucking cares about your special snowflake Malkavians, which is exactly what they are. Special snowflakes.

Keep cryin' you mentally demented tortoises.
>>
>>52963735
All vampires are a bit snowflakey on the surface.
>>
mastigos x daeva

is it viable?
>>
>>52963782
Sorry, werefags have already laid claim to mage puss.
>>
>>52963782
It's probably neither wise nor advisable.
But it is viable.
>>
>>52963782
A Mastigos would probably have a better chance at it, since he would easily have the Mind to defend against mental manipulations and such and has the best "get the fuck out of dodge" magic, aka Space.
>>
>>52963810
Which is a little bit awkward since the magefags have laid claim to the werewolves' mom.
>>
>>52963835
The Daeva become dependant and obsessed after indulging in specific blood, wouldn't that make the Mastigos a total douche by ditching?
>>
>>52963848
Vampire x Mage is actually tricky because of this.
Drinking mage blood is like a very bad trip.
>>
>>52963848
Well for starters if the Mastigos has any brains at all he isn't going to let the vampire feed from him. Second, while you might feel bad about leaving someone who is overly dependent on you, it does not make you a bad guy to do so.
>>
>>52963848
>wouldn't that make the Mastigos a total douche by ditching?
Congratulations, you have identified the primary Mastigos personality trait.
>>
>>52963810
Werefag x magefag is the purest form of love as long as werefags know their goddamn place
>>
>>52963879
The Daeva will probably die from the lack of your presence though, or possibly heartbreak. Their Clan bane sucks ass.
>>
>>52963892
A werewolf would probably be my choice of waifu from either gameline.
>>
>>52963901
I always thought their bane basically made them yandere for whoever they get addicted to.
>>
File: ice x fire.jpg (100KB, 800x593px) Image search: [Google]
ice x fire.jpg
100KB, 800x593px
Dumb turd nugget anons.

Fairest changelings make the best waifus/husbandos.
>>
>>52963918
That`s basically it. The Mastigos should get the fuck out of there, or suffer an awkward breakup involving a sad lawn chair.
>>
>>52963926
Changelings are for bullying, not for sexual or loving.
>>
>>52963933
>says the Acanthus
>>
>>52963848
That only applies to mortal blood. Mages don't count as mortal for that purpose.
>>
>>52963953
Bullshit. Mages are human. The only difference being their blood acting as the worst LSD imaginable and granting minor Mage Sight for a time.
>>
>>52963958
Aside from that being a pretty big difference (I also don't see rules for that anywhere in 2e, so it might not apply anymore), mages are different in other ways too; for instance, they can't be ghouled or Embraced. They're different enough from Sleepers that the condition doesn't apply.
>>
>>52963926
Maybe they'd make a waifu but dead wrong on husbando
>>
>>52963998
Mages can actually be ghouled, but it's ridiculously easy for them to get out of it.
They can't be Embraced though, as mixing Templates just doesn't work.

There are no hard rules in the 2e core for Requiem mandating that mortals are exclusive to the mundane.
The Daeva bane could very easily apply to even supernaturals.
>>
>>52963655
Renting medival castles ain't cheap.
Also you gotta have insurance.
>>
>>52964027
>Mages can actually be ghouled
Not Ghouled, but subjected to the same Blood Bond as a Ghoul.
Otherwise known as Vinculum.

Mages would suffer all of the problems of the Blood Bond, without any of the access to Ghoul benefits.

That is, until any Mage with Mind, Space or Death sight sees the affliction, and hopefully does something about it.
>>
>>52964109
How hard for mage is to break things like Daeva obsession with someone or for example shield others and neighborhood from effects like Disquiet
>>
>>52957319
Geist, but not for the typical reason given. I legit like morbid and death related stuff. I'm low-key goth in a lot of ways and becoming a half-dead necromancer (in both popular and traditional senses of the word) would be ideal to me.
>>
>>52964216
The Wanton Curse creates a persistent Dependent Condition, which takes Mind, Death, or Space 4 to remove.

And to shield a neighbourhood from Disquiet would require an AoE Mind Shielding spell, which would provoke Clashes of Wills between the Mage and the Promethean's Azoth to determine if the Condition is applied.

Simply explained
>If it creates a nomal Condition, an Arcanum at 2 can remove that Condition
>If it creates a persistent Condition, an Arcanum at 4 can remove that Condition
>If it's a power that affects a second party, the Practice of Shielding can protect that individual, if you can succeed on a Clash of Wills

So a Mage can't stop the Daeva from suffering the Wanton Curse.
However with Mind 4 he can annihilate the Dependency that forms.

Similarly, a Mage can't stop a Promethean from causing Disquiet, or a Werewolf Lunacy.
But he can "cure" people of the Conditions that those effects cause, or even protect them from suffering them in the first place, with Shielding.

A Mage who establishes a block-wide Spirit Shielding spell to protect the residents from Spirit predation, might get some angry house-calls from the local Uratha Pack because his spell is fucking with the protection Lunacy grants them.
>>
I want to try and GM a oWoD Chronicle for the first time. Problem is, i know jack shit about the system and on how to create an acceptable story in the World of Darkness

What is the easiest game i should try to GM first before trying my hand on something more difficult?
>>
>>52964304

Vampire and Werewolf are easier for a "new" ST.
>>
Updated new Beast design notes. I think this covers the important changes I wanted to make (although I probably want to change the nature of powers as well), so now comes the task of translating it into prose and developing crunch.

https://pastebin.com/n5Uv1Ysn
>>
>>52964282
See this got me interested since Disquiet also affects land itself(or so it did in 1e). Don't you need something like life instead of mind to protect the land from becoming a wasteland?
>>
I see that using Claws from Protean raises your Strenght by 1
Also, the Claw attack is rolled with a +1 Strenght
are the bonuses comulative?

Also, using v20 Vampire rules, if i am a 13th Gen Vampire and have base Strenght 5 and three dots in Potence does it mean that i have a total of Strenght 8 or the trait limit still applies?
>>
>>52964423
Well that's just a different effect to shield against.
Since you can't stop Disquiet, only its effect, you'd need a variety of different Arcana to deal with the various types of Wasteland that develop.

Life for general Wastelands.
Forces for Frankensteins, Matter for Galateids, Nepri and perhaps Tammuz, life for Tammuz, and Spirit for Ulgan.

Even then, that's still going to require Clashes of Wills every hour to hold back the Wasteland's formation.

It's honestly more trouble than it's worth.
>>
>>52963683
No floating difficulty means that your players can game the odds. Even though it's a more streamlined system, this alone makes it unacceptable.
>>
>>52964463
You have a total pool of eight because you're adding two separate traits.
>>
>>52965406
Elaborate?
>>
>>52964304
What that other Anon said. Vampire or werewolf first.

Vampire is straight-forward in system and werewolf is straight forward in concept. I recommend vampire first because it's kind of the medium reference of the oWoD and takes place entirely in the material world.
>>
>>52964304
Is this online or in person? If the former, I'll very eagerly join in as a player, and help you with story crafting and such.

And I agree with >>52965480
>>
>>52965442
Every roll in nWoD is difficulty 8 with exploding tens and, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no botch mechanic.

Chance of failure is therefore .7^X with X being the number of dice in the pool. That's it. If you've ever seen the spreadsheet of oWoD probability, it's so expansive as to be useless with three numbers in each cell.
>>
>>52965567
But all this seems like a good thing? I'm not sure what the problem is.
>>
>>52965567
>https://pastebin.com/7HiVphFm
the botch mechanic (any of them) was retarded, fuck that shit
>>
>>52965567
Botch mechanic (any of them) was retarded.
>>
>>52965587
>>52965648
>>52965663
It's bad because it let's the players control every roll. I want them to look at their available pool and the difficulty and have to make an educated guess.
>>
>>52965741
except the botch mechanic usually means omg this should be easy turns into omfg ive just failed stupidly at a task i should be able to do. If surgeons botched as often has they would in owod they'd get fired real quick.
>>
>>52965832
Well, that can be house ruled. The simple probability problem cannot.
>>
>>52954719
>hunter
Hey so the mortal remains hunter book, has some revision for god machine in it. Its in the pastebin
>>
>>52965741
>>52965847
Explain the "probability problem" to me like I'm an idiot, because I'm really not getting it.
>>
>>52965863
If your players can operate a calculator, they can game the nWoD system and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>52965863
ditto, still dont understand what "players control every roll" means too
>>
>>52965881
What's a specific example of a bad, gamebreaking thing they could do?
>>
>>52965881
Game how? Example pls
>>
>>52965881
Also pretty sure they can do that with owod target numbers, its not super hard maths either?
>>
Going to ask again if anyone has run or played a Seers of the Throne chronicle and wants to talk about it.

I haven't found any examples yet, and would desperately like to see one.
>>
>>52965911
Until you try to account for botching mechanics. Apparently, they had an actual expert in probability analyze WoD system rolls with botching and 1s taken into account, and the curves were strange and bizarre.
>>
> CtL/Jersey Shore
>>
How hard would it be to incorporate the Harry Potter setting into Mage: The Ascension?
>>
>>52965892
Over specialize. At eight dice in nWoD, failure is already a probability two standard deviations away from base. A player can easily make failure in his chosen field into a Black swan event through simple arithmetic.

>>52966035
And that's what ratchets up the tension in stressful situations. Nothing is guaranteed.
>>
>>52952610
> Praxes? Really? Calling it a signature spell is too simple, you have to give it a made up word for a name?
"Praxis", of which "praxes" is the plural form, is a real word, even common in some contexts, you ignorant fucking Yank.
>>
>>52964282
So what's the distinction between a condition and a persistent condition for the purposes of magic? Since they'd both end when the spell does.
>>
>>52958073
Yeah, no. Since 2011, 4chan has been a hugbox for the exact same kind of losers that whine on Tumblr about being oppressed by their parents, except that local losers come from Stormfront instead. Political correctness is just as prominent here as it is on Tumblr, it's simply an inverted version of the it, where not calling blacks niggers gets whiny babies accusing you of being a race traitor.
> all of that discomfort and hostility channeled to the ends of winning arguments at all costs
You mean pretending to not understand what others are saying to you when it's convenient? Crimestop is about the only tactic that local anons use consistently.
> "Cold, hard logic and reasoning and fuck your feelings: The Website"
When was the last time you visited /pol/? They're all about whining about their feelings while projecting their issues on others. But you probably come from /pol/ yourself ("but I've never even been on /pol/"), so I'm really saying this to nobody in particular.
>>
>>52966368
Tumblr has a better signal-to-noise ratio than 4Chan, though. You go looking for blogs about specific topics on Tumblr, and you're far more likely to find on-topic content than on here.

There's a lot fewer dipshits judging you for your personal taste, too.
>>
>>52966482
Had a lad with a Tumblr account tell me that completely random people were PMing him to bash him over some nonsense, so eh as to the last point.
>>
How do you deal with Summon (4 dots of presence)?
>>
Someone recommended the Gentleman Gamer from Youtube as a nice way of learning about the VtM setting and other such stuff. But holy fuck, why does this guy keep going outside, walking and filming himself while talking about this? Why not just sit in his comfy library and do a proper video?
>>
>>52966747
Some people just like walking.

t. spend upwards of twenty hours a week strolling through the city
>>
>>52966790

But the audio quality is terrible and there's always some kind of outside noise, like a car passing, that just shits on whatever he's trying to talk about.
>>
File: 3.5.png (42KB, 513x402px) Image search: [Google]
3.5.png
42KB, 513x402px
Welp, apparently Next year there will be a VtM 5th edition.

Any changes you would like to see?

I'd rather see the old artwork, since the one in v20 was kinda shit
>>
>>52966821
It will be a very shit edition
>>
>>52966821

>I'd rather see the old artwork, since the one in v20 was kinda shit

I think it's more likely than not we'll be getting even more of photoshopped pictures. It's a real shame Bradstreet won't ever go back to what he drew before. And I imagine Van Fleet is a bit out of their price range nowadays.
>>
>>52966747
He made them when he was moving/furnishing his house. Only reason he has those outside videos was he didn't have a dedicated filming space
>>
File: 1444159066083.jpg (550KB, 2194x1686px) Image search: [Google]
1444159066083.jpg
550KB, 2194x1686px
>>52966368
No, I've been to /pol/ and I'd make many of the same criticisms that you do. I'm also kind of an oddity on 4chan in that I don't like to use racial slurs in general.

My home board is actually /k/.
>>
>>52966821
Only thing I hope for is white wolf to be responsive to player concerns and comments. Given the recent Zack Sabbath incident though I have little reason to believe they will be.
>>
>>52966867
/k/retins are only marginally better than /pol/yps, you know?
>>
>>52966888
why what happened with that guy?
>>
File: 01_62463299_p0_master1200.jpg (261KB, 645x911px) Image search: [Google]
01_62463299_p0_master1200.jpg
261KB, 645x911px
>>52966142
Very. Try GURPS instead.
>>
>>52964397
Speaking of Beast, I haven't been clued in since the first revision, did it approach something that isn't terribly embarrassing just to read about?
>>
>>52966207
A Condition will only award 1 beat, whenever they resolve it(assuming they do before it times out).
A Persistent Condition will award as many beats as they can manage to make it pump out before either resolving it or the spell times out.
>>
>>52966969

Stalker, stalker enabler, or just a shit-stirring drama hound who brings trouble, depending on how you see the situation. No matter what, White Wolf's hiring of a controversial figure (especially one in circles that line up with their own demographic) and then making a blog specifically to go "no you're wrong" followed by "well, we made sure he won't do it/do it again" bodes ill for the future.

It doesn't help that their new fan IP rules are too vague to the point where a LARP technically can't let people chip in for pizza depending on how you interpret it, or how technically the rules do not apply to Exalted (because they don't care about that one).
>>
>>52967103
>>
>>52967099
And this has impact on the future work becaaaaaaause?
>>
>>52963709
How does it feel to be this wrong?
Exalted > CofD > Scion > OWoD (if scion means 1e)
Exalted > Scion > CofD > OWoD (if scion means 2e)
>>
>>52967196

A company that can't handle its PR or figure out its interactions with fans in a market that has such close company to consumer relations as the tabletop RPG industry does is in for bad times ahead. It doesn't really matter how good the future work is if you end up ticking people off by pretending to be White Wolf circa 1996 in 2017.

Not that the work we see now promises any great future work. A visual novel duology with a lukewarm reception, a reprint of an old as hell anthology with a mocking meme attached to it, and a video game and a tabletop game both hyped up on vague ideas of what they might have doesn't inspire confidence.

I feel that anyone expecting anything out of VtM 5e that isn't a warmed over 2e (or 1e, even!) ruleset with some MET influence is going to be very disappointed.
>>
>>52966142
Not much, if you just want to use the system, make an unique tradition that uses magic wands as foci, the evil wizards have the same restrictions.

You can also try to make improvised spells more risky and weird and give to learned ones less risk.

I cannot think of anything else to modify at the moment.

If you want you can also use some nice generic systems that would just go with everything, like Fate, my favourite system on the matter, then Savage Worlds, but with some tweeking on exploding dice and damage and spell (mana)gament.
>>
>>52967785
>You can also try to make improvised spells more risky and weird and give to learned ones less risk.
Can characters in Harry Potter even cast 'non-rotes'?
>>
>>52969293
Plenty of examples, actually, as the rules on magic in HP flip-flopped harder than Clinton and Romney put together.
>>
>>52967196
Dude, it's just teej flipping the fuck out as per usual.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.