[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 118

File: Magic Primer (+1).png (2MB, 1401x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Primer (+1).png
2MB, 1401x1800px
Discard edition!

>To make cards, download MSE for free from here:
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
https://mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
http://pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: http://pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT: >>52720855
>>
File: 1492120872647328.png (226KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1492120872647328.png
226KB, 375x523px
running a mtg tabletop game this is a boss opinions?
>>
File: Aria, soul dom.png (210KB, 375x524px) Image search: [Google]
Aria, soul dom.png
210KB, 375x524px
>>
>>52790044
>this is a boss
Huh?
>>
ill post the rules
>>
>>52790084
Welcome Planeswalkers to MTGRPG
A custom gamemode in witch you and three friends can travel the multiverse
The game is intended for three players acting as Planeswalkers and a forth acting as the game master

Player's/Planeswalkers
60 card decks
No mythics
No legendarys
FOLLOW A THEME
Skills
You start the game with 7 skill points
Skills are broken up into five categories
Cunning (blue)
Whether it's picking a lock, recalling ancient secrets or evading detection cunning is an essential skill to survive in the multiverse
Speed (red)
Speed is used to chase down or outrun foes it can also prove very useful in avoiding area effects such as rocks falling
And fireballs
Valor (white)
The test of a man is his will and if that breaks you shall surely die valor is used to resist unholy curses and to detect the lies of others
Survival (green)
Perceiving danger, sustaining injury, living off the land and tracking beasts can all be useful skills for a planeswaler and survival is truly of the fittest in the multiverse
Ambition (black)
Some men and women are content living normal lives but those with ambition seek more for themselves learning to lie and barter charm and seduce a useful skill indeed
Affinity
every Planeswalker has preference for one color of mana or another and that is shown with affinity you start the game with 5 affinity points and can distribute them as you wish in the 5 colors these multiply the value of your skill points
Example let's say you have 1 affinity for black and you assign 3 skill points to ambition your ambition would be 4 if you had 5 affinity for black your affinity would be 8(edited)
Encounters
90 card decks
No 4 card limit
Start with 40 life and 10 cards in hand no mulagins
Draw 2 cards and play 2 land every turn
Keep it interesting brake some rules.
(Ie. Start with legendarys on the field ,have mana scale automatically or just have several encounter decks fight eachother with the players caught in the middle)
>>
File: Madame Mirage5.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Madame Mirage5.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>52790205
Huh, OK. Well, I'm just going to review your cards as cards only.

>>52790044
Right from the start you mess up how to make hybrid mana work. Lifelink isn't mono-Blue. I think this should just be a gold card. But going past that, Deathtouch? That isn't White or Blue. The token ability could be cool, but I think you'd have to increase the cost of the card a lot. Not entirely sure on the last ability though.

>>52790061
OK, it's pretty clear you're new to making Magic cards, if not new to Magic entirely. I definitely recommend avoiding planeswalkers and multicolor cards for now until you have a better hang of how things work in Magic.
>>
>>52790350
ok then a person from innastrad who binds spirits to her will that later in life becomes a planeswalker how would you make her. im not trying to be a dick i just need to get this done by tonight
>>
>>52790754
Fucking hell. Which one needs to be done tonight?
>>
>>52790829
the legendary
>>
>>52790884
Change it to gold, drop Deathtouch. For the tokens, maybe pay a cost and exile the card so you can't abuse it. Still not sure on the last ability though. Or... I dunno for sure, but maybe something like
>Whenever a non-Spirit creature dies, create a token that's a copy of that creature except it's 1/1, it's a Spirit in addition to its other types, and it has "Pay this token's mana cost and exile it: Put target creature card in a graveyard with the same name as this token onto the battlefield under your control."
Eh, not entirely sure on that to be honest.

It would help if you told me more about what you want to do with it.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1504x1608px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1504x1608px
>>52774709
>>52778177
thanks a million for the feedback guys. I'll repost the white ones since I've made changes since you guys last talked on them. I've got the black red and green marked up too but don't wanna post too much at once. currently working on multicolor and trying to decide where i really wanna take the other multicolor pairs like U/G and what a good mechanic to express opression in w/b would be.
>>
>>52791117
>CW-03
Holy god, really? Imagine this with any Red "damage to all creatures" effect.
>>
>>52791324
ah fuck i didn't think of that. should probably just buff power then.
>>
File: 1492631461817827.png (274KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
1492631461817827.png
274KB, 375x523px
Update
>>
>>52791359
as a note shes supposed to be a bit strong since her deck is going up against 3
>>
>>52791355
Hate to say it, but that seems pretty Red to me. Maybe you gain 1 life? Eh, not sure if I'm actually a fan of this trigger. Maybe change to hitting players? Eh, dunno.
>>
>>52791502
life gain could work, maybe i should give it a keyword like the other one that gains first strike?
>>
File: Tainted Moonlight.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tainted Moonlight.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
This feels dirty.
>>
File: Mights Mercy.png (251KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mights Mercy.png
251KB, 375x523px
>>52792436
It's basically a black Silence that's worse since it doesn't prevent anything but creatures and costs you two cards. Unless there's something I'm not seeing. I guess it kinda doubles as a bad Essence Scatter too. I dunno, maybe I'm missing something.

>>52791359
Okay so based on what I've read you want her to control Spirits. Do you want her to make Spirits or just control them? Because based on your description I feel like you want to make a blue card that gains control of target Spirit when it enters the battlefield or something. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, I'll just take a look at what you have here.

First, you exile cards from graveyards, so it has to be "target creature card". Next, it's "Create a token that's a copy of the exiled card, except it's a Spirit in addition to its other types." Honestly it could be costed using black and white hybrid mana, since both of those colors are allowed to do that. This would be a valid and acceptable use of hybrid mana. I'd cost it something like 2w/bw/b. It's a strong ability.

You might want to make the draw ability not trigger whenever any Spirit enters the battlefield, just ones under your control. Otherwise it's a bit oppressive and it's already a strong ability as-is. It should also be the first ability on the card.

Last ability is fine.

>>52791117
I'll go over these in a minute.

>>52790350
>Madame Mirage
I've been meaning to read her books. Are they any good? I kinda like the ability, but can you even activate it if there's no spell to target? I know it says "may" but wouldn't "up to one target spell" be safer wording? I'm honestly not sure.

In the meantime, have a really weird card I made for no discernible reason. I mean I guess it's neat but I have no idea if it's balanced or what. I was going to put "cast only during combat" but I think I can do without it. It's pretty self-explanatory.
>>
>>52791117
>01
Better, but could probably be a 1/2. White is allowed to have above-average weenie creatures.
>02
Making this a piker would be safer.
>03
Just make it "one or more other creatures" so it doesn't trigger itself and it doesn't trigger more than once. I'd dial it back to +1/+1 as well.
>04
Much better with the smaller body.
>05
I'm fine with this.
>06
I wouldn't. It's got a small ass but it's still 4 life every time it chumps something. Bit too much at common. Big lifelinkers are usually uncommon.
>07
Again, damage needs a source hoss.
>08
"Until end of turn". Also just make the damage source the spell. It's easier.
>09
Seems fine.
>10
Also better.
>11
I feel like this could be W?
>12
I dunno about this. I mean it's probably okay, but double strike is hard to do at common. It's one of the only evergreen keywords that doesn't really show up there because it's not typically suited for it. Even MaRo admits it.
>>
File: Multicolor Uncommons in progress.jpg (213KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
Multicolor Uncommons in progress.jpg
213KB, 1125x523px
I don't have another collage ready, but I'll bump the thread with some in-progress stuff. I'm currently working my way through multicolored uncommons. I only have drafts of the RW cards so far.
>>
File: Yavimaya Transmuter.png (296KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Yavimaya Transmuter.png
296KB, 375x523px
>>52794461
>01
The first mode is going to see way more use methinks. Also, it reads somewhat oddly but I suppose between both colors they basically cover a preference for all spell types.
>02
Not ashamed to say I had to re-read Ambush to get a sense of the actual utility. I think you could actually get away with making the Djinn tapped and attacking too if you pay the Ambush cost, so maybe you could add "If ~ enters the battlefield tapped and attacking, those tokens are tapped and attacking." or something.

Reposting because no mind for cards right now.
>03
Woah. Makes sense in-set, but seeing ramp make white is kinda strange nonetheless.
>>
>>52791117
Why does your white mechanic reward you for doing red things? If you want to have a mechanic that rewards players for burn, put it in red. Otherwise your whole mechanic has to center around the two white spells per set that can hurt attacking or blocking creatures
>>
>>52792436
Seems fair but bad since there is a chance your opponent got additional value from an ETB.
>>
File: index.jpg (489KB, 750x1572px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
489KB, 750x1572px
>>52790205
PC planeswalkers are they balanced with each other
>>
>>52796306
Planeswalkers, hybrid, and multicolor all lie far beyond your grasp right now. Start small, use Gatherer.
>>
>>52796421
nigga im just trying to run a game they dont have to be perfect
1. are they balanced with each other and
2. if not what needs changing
im looking for something constructive pls
>>
>>52792923
>Madame Mirage
Ah, good point, I'll change the wording. As for her comic, I was actually going through it recently for the card, and it's pretty meh. Nothing bad, but nothing spectacular. Honestly, I feel like a revision of the script could've helped immensely, since there are some ideas that are interesting, but they never really get the screentime they deserve.

>card
Pretty odd. Not really sure about this.

>>52794461
>UM01
Not sure about this.

>UM02
Nice surprise blocker.

>UM03
Not sure how I feel about White getting in on rituals. But anyway, I think the wording would be clearer if it were
>Add X mana in any combination of R and/or W to your mana pool, where X is the number of creatures you control.
>>
>>52796630
>>52796306
If you think I'm going to hold your hand through this entire thing, you have another thing coming. Making these cards good is your responsibility, not mine. I'm just here to point out the flaws.

>Ailo
Probably the best as far as I can tell. First makes a resilient blocker, second makes a good attacker. Not so sure on the third though.

>Varin
Why does the first ability have a downside? Second ability will hardly ever work against anything other than a creatureless deck. Third seems very weak.

>Ezekiel
Overall, could possibly be interesting in a sort of control setup.

>Kaiser
Seems weak overall.

>Urgan
Hilariously awful. One weakness for nearly all these cards is how they require setup that they don't provide.

>Sheera
Note that this is the first planeswalker that has a requirement for the first ability that is supported by the second ability and not by the third. Anyway, first might be OK, hard to tell. Second is random and constricting, third seems incredibly weak.

I stand by my earlier feedback. Honestly, most of these cards just seem confused. What is each of them trying to do? Why are most hybrid?
>>
>>52796947
they are all built around a specific deck tailored to work as commanders of a pcs 60 card deck
Ailo is red green baby dragons

Varin Black Red Idefk i just did what i can with the deck he gave me the first ability works as removal as well as a buff

Ezekiel literately his entire deck was lighting just so much fucking lighting

Kaiser mono white heroic deck

urgan simic mad scientist he is a walking bioshift

sheera deck spawns 2/2 tokens like mad with combat tricks falling out her ass
thanks for the help ill give them a second look:)
>>
>>52793083
Once again, thanks a million. When you say damage needs a source do you mean it should be worded lik3 "CW-07 deals damage to etc. Etc."?

>>52795396
I mentioned it last thread but I'm doing a multicolored set focused on the enemy colors and what hasn't been explored much with them. Red white is always saddled with combat and combat keywords. So I decided to make RWs focus on noncombat damage since white also gets burn in the form of creature damage.
>>
>>52794629
Seems pretty weak for a rare, considering Orochi Leafcaller has practically the same effect and doesn't need to tap.
>>
>>52797855
Yeah, look at Lightning Bolt for example. This is why vetting your own cards on Gatherer is a good idea to make sure your text is up to snuff.

>>52798652
Well shit you have a point. I guess I managed to make a common... and a bad one at that. Go me! I miss the damnedest examples sometimes.
>>
File: Yavimaya Transmuter.png (303KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Yavimaya Transmuter.png
303KB, 375x523px
>>52798652
Got me thinking... and does this work? I can't find a precedent that says yes or no in any kind of "hard" fashion but the term "produce" is used to describe lands making mana so I think it works? Makes for an interesting Shade-like card, and it's pretty strong I think. I knocked it down to a 1/1 because it obviously can get out of hand, and made it force mana filtering to make it a bit harder to use.

I have to say it's ironic and more than a bit amusing that I just told someone to use Gatherer to check their card text and I failed to find a card to compare my own card to when it should have been an easy check.
>>
>>52799503
"Whenever you activate a mana ability of ~, it gets..."
You can also just include in the mana ability since gameplay-wise the difference is basically never going to come up.
>>
>>52799546
Thanks. For some reason I'm total garbage at simplification and streamlining. Well, aside from card design and general concepts, but that's a different ball of wax.
>>
What color is Batman?
Presume Batman from the animated series/justice league cartoons.
I'm thinking Esper, or Dimir.
>>
>>52800480
>Esper
>Dimir
>Orzhov
Depend on which aspect of Batman you want to show and the mechanics you give him
>>
File: Volatile Fixationv2.png (324KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Volatile Fixationv2.png
324KB, 375x523px
Red search is kind of a thing.
>>
File: Bruce Wayne Batman.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bruce Wayne Batman.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
>>52800480
What >>52800511 said, it always just comes down to the mechanics at the end of the day. Making the colors of the card reflect the actual personality of the character should never be a higher priority, otherwise you'll start making really out of color stuff. But here's my interpretation of Batman. FStrike for martial arts, Menace for intimidation, exile ability for being a ninja.
>>
If I want to make a card representing a tabletop character with mixed ancestry, say a half elf, how should I type it? Should I just nut up and pick Human or Elf? Should I make it a Human Elf? Or should I make a new creature type, Half-Elf?
>>
File: 115.jpg (80KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
115.jpg
80KB, 312x445px
>>52803587
>>
File: Jace Guild Arbiter10.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jace Guild Arbiter10.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
ded thred

Sorry for not really posting, having the time of my life laughing at bad RPGs. Changing Breeds is comedy gold.
>>
File: More Lingering Souls.png (264KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
More Lingering Souls.png
264KB, 375x523px
>roll on that 6d10 custom card challenge thing using Wizards' online dice roller thing
>9, 4, 9, 5, 8, 4
>Multicolor, Sorcery, Token Generation, cmc 3, Rare, Legacy staple
>make not!Lingering Souls
>>
File: custom card challenge.png (336KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
custom card challenge.png
336KB, 1600x1000px
Rolled 7, 7, 4, 8, 10 = 36 (5d10)

>>52805755
>roll [...] using Wizards' online dice roller thing
When you make a post, post "dice+6d10" into the options bar, without quotes obviously.

Anyway, might as well give it a go myself. Rolling for everything but the last category, because I know fuckall about formats and archetypes.
>>
File: 7 7 4 8 10.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
7 7 4 8 10.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>52805810
>Multicolor (GW), enchantment, removal/burn, CMC 5, mythic
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
Rolled 2, 1, 3, 5, 1, 2 = 14 (6d10)

>>52805810
Rolling.
>>
Rolled 8, 9, 10, 8, 3 = 38 (5d10)

>>52805810
Rolling for everything but last.
>>
File: 2 1 3 5 1 2.png (189KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
2 1 3 5 1 2.png
189KB, 375x523px
>>52806088
It's... ok? Maybe a little pushed since there's a card that does this to one permanent period for 4U, so maybe this should be UUU or something?
>>
File: buff debuff Cycle.png (394KB, 601x560px) Image search: [Google]
buff debuff Cycle.png
394KB, 601x560px
Any got any good names for the cards in this cycle.
>>
>>52806390
You missed the green four.
BG = -0/-3, +3/+3
RG = +3/+0, +3/+3
GW = +3/+3, +0/+3
GU = +3/+3, -3/-0
>>
File: Taylor Prepared to Return.jpg (119KB, 750x1056px) Image search: [Google]
Taylor Prepared to Return.jpg
119KB, 750x1056px
How is this?

Is the 0 ability worded correctly to reset her loyalty?
>>
>>52807314
It needs to reference her by name unless you want to prevent any planeswalkers from activating.
>>
>>52807477
I do want to prevent all planeswalkers from activating. Think of it as her using a black discard effect on the opponents planeswalkers instead of the actual opponents, make them forget their spells or break their concentration via fear or something to that effect.

But the bounce does reset her loyalty, right?
>>
>>52807514
If that was your intent, then you succeeded.
>>
OUT OF THE WAY BITCHES, I HAVE DESIGN SPACE TO OPEN

Stutter
U
Instant
Exile target permanent. When you exile a permanent this way, return it to the battlefield under its owner's control.
"I was only gone for a second, I swear!"
>>
>>52807709
This is pretty much how all flicker cards work now. end of turn flickers seem to be a thing of the past.
>>
File: 9.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>52807709
You can't believe how hard I have to contain my laughter.
>>
>>52807933
This is actually fairly different. I haven't yet seen this exact implementation.

>>52808028
RTFC
>>
File: Barrier.jpg (32KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Barrier.jpg
32KB, 375x523px
>>52806390
Well this is the one I had made a long time ago.
>>
>>52808602
Stop overusing shroud, thanks.
>>
File: set maybe.jpg (1MB, 1875x2092px) Image search: [Google]
set maybe.jpg
1MB, 1875x2092px
Working at this set thing still, in between other projects. Any thoughts at this rough stage?
WR might be conspire, but I don't know for sure yet.
The main theme is "escalation."
Regime is based off of cards like Kindle or Rune Snag, but instead of one specific card it's a cluster of them.
>>
>>52808173
lol
>>
>>52808779
You've got a solid base here but personally I'd be a bit scared of regime. Building a regime deck that just curves out gets terrifyingly strong and the early cards seem only somewhat below curve for how powerful they get later on. Especially given that early game regime cards become quality top late game top decks.

My only thought is to perhaps include more double colors in their casting costs to make them a little worse at curving out and just that extra bit more "expensive". Or I could be dumb and need to see it in action.
>>
>>52809285
I actually agree that regime is a bit scary. But to me it's scary in that it seems really unpredictable in power level. I appreciate the input and will keep that in mind as an option if it ends up too powerful. Definitely something I'll have to test.
>>
>>52809339
Also, idea I had. Something that you can feed experience counters to to get some immediate benefit at the cost of later value.
>>
>>52808173
>This is actually fairly different.
...How?

>RTFC
???
>>
>>52809493
Seriously. This is basic card comprehension.

It exiles a thing. Then it puts a trigger on the stack to bring that thing back.
>>
File: Valmeni and his creation.jpg (264KB, 1127x523px) Image search: [Google]
Valmeni and his creation.jpg
264KB, 1127x523px
Eh? EEEH?

I'm sure valmeni could use some hammering out on exact numbers and such. You're rarely sure where to place a planeswalker's numbers until you've played with them a fair bit.
>>
>>52809452
That could be a pretty good rare design.
Now that I have experience counters in just two colors rather than five color, I don't want to go crazy with them, but as a singular rare that might be worth doing.
>>
>>52809533
It doesn't put a trigger on the stack because the exile and return are both part of the same effect on the same card, and thus both happen during resolution of said card.
It is literally no different to any other immediate blink effects. Separate sentences mean nothing when they're still on the same line of the same card.
>>
File: Stormy Punishment.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Stormy Punishment.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
Is the wording correct?
>>
>>52810274
"~ deals an amount of damage to target opponent equal to 2 plus the number of spells with the same name he or she controls."
>>
File: Stormy Punishment.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Stormy Punishment.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>52810360
What about now?

Yes, it's supposed to kill people that makes storm combos.
>>
>>52810451
>surviving against storm to play a 5 mana spell
>>
File: Captains Valor.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Captains Valor.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Price of Power.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Price of Power.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
I don't care if Fear is outdated, I thought that it was a cool concept.
>>
>>52809584
>>52808779
How do you guys create these combined card images? Do you just do it manually in PS or something?
>>
>>52812225
it's in the OP
>>52789354
http://old.photojoiner.net/
>>
>>52812225
Second to last link in the OP, not counting the link to the last thread.
>>
>>52812242
Thanks for spoonfeeding me Anon, I feel pretty stupid not seeing that.
>>
>>52812253
Don't worry, you don't just feel stupid, you can be confident you are stupid <3
>>
>>52811499
intimidate > fear

also you worded the tap ability like garbage. should be more along the lines of "this creature fights target creature an opponent controls," or the ever popular "deals damage equal to its power to target creature an opponent controls..." to avoid confused new people
>>
>>52811499
>6 face damage + giving a dude essentially unblockable for 4 mana
That's too much man. Especially in combination with any double strike creature it turns it into a damn near turn 4 otk.
>>
>>52811499
I like the concept. Your formatting's a bit off though, here:

Enchant creature
When Price of Power enters the battlefield, target opponent creates a tapped 8/8 black Demon creature token with “T: This creature fights target creature.”
Enchanted creature gets +6/+6 and has fear.

Also, like >>52812263 said, intimidate is better than fear. It's more up-to-date and dynamic.
>>52812316 is right too, the numbers are a bit too high. You can either bump down both the enchanted creature and the created Demon's P/T, or you can make the Demon enter the battlefield untapped. You don't need to worry about it fighting anything immediately, it's got summoning sickness.
>>
File: Loamy Wetlands.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Loamy Wetlands.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>52806150
Maybe not a common, but I tried to give it something interesting.

Though, land reanimation CAN be mono-green, so this card may be a bit off. Whatever, I tried.
>>
>>52812344
I can make it untapped, but if I put Intimidate the Demon may need to wait and maybe it will not be able to block because of the colors differences. But ok.

Also I may not worry, but it will most probably kill the creature the next turn anyways.
>>
File: Price of Power.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Price of Power.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>52812344
>>52812263
>>52812316
Even tho an untapped demon means that the player must use the aura only when he's sure that the creature will outstat the demon, other wise it will not be able to attack without being blocked most of the times and would die the next turn.
>>
>>52813940
1. Stop double spacing your cards. MSE puts half a space between lines by default if you just hit enter.
2. Remove reminder text on rares and mythics, and on evergreens, and whenever it overly clutters the card.
>>
>>52814054
Sadly I noticed the really small test just after I posted the image, but I immediately corrected it. Thank you For your feedback.
>>
File: Conspire.jpg (347KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
Conspire.jpg
347KB, 1875x523px
>>52808779
Trying this for RW
>>
File: I Man am Regal.png (280KB, 523x375px) Image search: [Google]
I Man am Regal.png
280KB, 523x375px
>>
File: Win cycle - all.png (983KB, 1500x523px) Image search: [Google]
Win cycle - all.png
983KB, 1500x523px
>>52789354
Rate my win cycle, which border is good, and shitty poem
Unfortunately I don't have art that all flows together like most
>>
>>52815892
0/10
>>
>>52816487
Cool
Why?
>>
File: Trigger Event.jpg (115KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Trigger Event.jpg
115KB, 750x1046px
How do I cost this appropriately?
>>
>>52817330
Hard to tell, Aura tutors usually don't bring it to the battlefield. Anyway, I recommend changing the wording to
>Choose target creature you control. Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal an Aura card that could enchant the chosen creature. Put that card onto the battlefield attached to that creature and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
>>
>>52815892
What the fuck? Oh, you think these three cards together would let you get all your lands out, right? You don't cast lands, you play them. Also, I was expecting an alternate win-con.
>>
>>52815084
I strongly advise you to find a different mechanic. This is what Maro had to say on Conspire.

>Conspire: From Shadowmoor. One of the signs that this mechanic was a miss is that most players don't even remember what it did. (It let you tap two creatures of the same color to copy your instant or sorcery.) This mechanic isn't horrible just filler and Magic can do better than filler mechanics.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/essay-what-2010-11-08
>>
File: Blood Possession.png (218KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Blood Possession.png
218KB, 375x523px
Another oldie
>>
>>52815640
Doesn't fuse as intended, since you have to declare targets for both halves before the first half resolves.
>>
>>52815640
What >>52820281 said. It should be worded something like
>Target player discards his or her hand if he or she is the monarch.
>>
File: Day of Black Sun.png (201KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Day of Black Sun.png
201KB, 375x523px
Warning, this is primarily a flavor card, I had trouble balancing it.
>>
File: Samar Wandering Pilgrim.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Samar Wandering Pilgrim.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
This is a pacifist planeswalker.
>>
>>52820623
> Target creature's base power becomes 0 until the beginning of your next turn
> Create a white Aura Enchantment token with "Enchant Creature" and "Enchanted creature can't attack or block". Attach it to target creature
> Each opponent gains an emblem with "Skip your combat step"

That works better. But I should feel the seocnd ability would be better using counters. Something like:

> Put a pacifist counter on target creature. As long as that creature has a pacifist counter on it, it can't attack or block.
>>
>>52820746
Is enchant necessary when you aren't casting the aura?
>>
>>52818184
Thanks. Any reason in specific you think it will be bad this time?

I actually remember MaRo saying conspire wasn't popular (though I didn't remember why). But it seems to me that a big reason it wasn't popular is that they played it very safe. My intention is to make the conspire spells much more explosive.

Yes, it wasn't a popular mechanic, but that could have just been because of the cards they printed it on.
Do you think those ones are bad, or is it just impossible to ever have conspire be good? In shadowmoor they used it as filler. Here I want to try and make it more of an actual plan.
>>
>>52821240
>"It's not that the mechanic isn't good, it's just that the cards it's one aren't good."
I'm sorry, but I've heard this before, and I've never believed it. Good luck with your set though. But I will say one thing: Shadowmoor had a ton of hybrid creatures, and going by Civic Protector, you're going to be using gold instead of hybrid. While I understand that having more colors makes Conspire builds more flexible, don't you think that using gold instead of hybrid will make it more difficult to pull that off?
>>
File: Ts-Gu-Hi Adept.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ts-Gu-Hi Adept.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
I'm creating a set and these monks are one of the main factions, I dunno if I posted this card here already months ago. These monks do monks things of course, so the key word is Concentration, I thought about Channel, but it was already taken, or Meditation, but it sounded ambiguous

Any opinions on the ability? Maybe this version doesn't allow any room for exploitation, but I consider it to be with more flavour, also I was thinking about giving the monks a permament bonus, but they would be able to use concentration as an only once ability, or maybe I could consider the stacking, and maybe I could just nerf the overall bonus. What do you think?

Of course other monks will also trigger various effects after concentrating.
>>
>>52821473
...Couldn't you just say
>Whenever ~ blocks, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
>>
>>52821349
>don't you think that using gold instead of hybrid will make it more difficult to pull that off?

Yes. That's a worry I have had, and it's why I'm including the red and white tokens. There will be a few more cards that make those.
It doesn't seem an easy thing to theorize though. So I'm going to try conspire and then if testing shows it being too hard to pull off, I'll switch to something else.

Really though, I'm wondering why conspire wasn't popular. I know that it's not popular, but there isn't really a reason given. The fact that people don't remember what it did, rather than actively disliking it, seems more like the kind of thing that would stem from them just using it as filler and it seeing zero constructed play (something that makes mechanics much more memorable). If it's an actual supported plan in a color pair, I could see it being remembered more.
MaRo even says in that quote that it's not bad, but just filler. Doubling spells seems like it could be more than just filler if they aren't as toned down though.
>>
File: indeks.jpg (386KB, 1875x523px) Image search: [Google]
indeks.jpg
386KB, 1875x523px
After trouble with my last project I'm making a break and trying something different.

Any feedback on the costing of those babies?
>>
>>52821473
Unfortunately this has been done better by Outlast.
>>
File: file.png (331KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
331KB, 375x523px
Is it MTG cardsmith time?

It's MTG cardsmith time.
>>
>>52821790
Please no
>>
File: file.png (292KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
292KB, 375x523px
>>52821827
You can't fight it
>>
File: Empty Words.png (213KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Empty Words.png
213KB, 375x523px
>>52821790

This one is cheating.
>>
>>52821858
You Cut That Out
>>
File: file.png (308KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
308KB, 375x523px
Also, it's quite something to not understand how cards work, how mechanics work, how rules works, and how language works.

>>52821880
That's RoboRosewater, right?
>>
>>52821640
Well, I guess part of it could be that it's a mechanic that goes on spells, so you think it goes into a spell deck, like Storm or something. But it also does best with a lot of creatures, so then you put it into a creature deck. So I think from that it's kind of not sure where it goes.
>>
File: file.png (337KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
337KB, 375x523px
>>52821896
I also forgot not understanding the lore.

Also. BALANCE
>>
>>52821590
First, that would be a worst Bushido.
Second it doesn't make any sense at all, it's no way near the intended effect of the card.

>>52821664
They may sound similar but their intent is different.

Any actual feedback?

>>52821880
This was made on purpose to be this nonsensical and contradictory, nobody can achieve something like this by pure mistake.
>>
>>52821951
>First, that would be a worst Bushido.
I'm sorry, must've misread your mechanic. Let me try again.
This is one of the worst mechanics I've ever seen. What the other guy said, just use Outlast, this is shit.
>>
>>52821473
So, you get a +2/+2 end-of-turn bonus on a card that can't attack or block since it's tapped?

That's litterally fucking useless.
>>
>>52821936
Okay, that makes sense. Although limited decks are usually creature heavy with instants/sorceries as good pieces of interaction, so again I feel like it could at least play well there.
But that makes sense. It's not an "all in" mechanic.

>>52821951
What's the intent? It looks like the intent is that, if the creature doesn't have good attacks, it can hold back a turn to maybe be able to attack next turn. That's outlast. But worse because outlast can make permanent progress towards becoming relevant on board again.

>>52821896
>hate

That's kinda funny.
>>
>>52822035
End of your NEXT turn. It does function.
>>
>>52822035
It's until the end of your *next* turn, which is something I didn't catch either. It's like a really shit version of Exhaust, with the downside coming before the upside.
>>
>>52822035
>UNTIL THE END OF YOUR NEXT TURN

Can people fucking read?

>>52821979
As I said, they are different, and so are their purposes. Also, yours isn't feedback but plain bitterness.
>>
>>52821473

Firstly, let's fix that flavor text.

>After years of breaking his soul, a Ts-Gu-Hi can learn to focus his body's energy to a single point.

Secondly, I see what you're trying to do with Concentration, having it last until the end of your NEXT turn, but it seems a little clunky at the moment. The mechanic might read better as a tap ability:

>T: ~ gains +2/+2 until the end of your next turn.
>>
>>52822097
it's still pretty damn bad. It's a defensive exert except it only gives power/toughness. it has terrible design space and it's going to become stale real fast.
>>
File: tJ8smuY.jpg (43KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
tJ8smuY.jpg
43KB, 500x534px
>>52822097
>"Everyone's saying my mechanic is bad and hard to understand. Am I out of touch? No, it's the anons who are wrong."
>>
>>52822114
Needs a sorcery speed limitation or else you use it after declaring it as a blocker or on their end step.

>>52822097
You are continuing to not say what that difference is.
>>
>>52822097
I mentioned this here >>52822093 but I honestly think you should just look into using Exhaust, one of the new mechanics from Amonkhet. It's more or less doing what you're trying to do, but it's a lot easier to understand, more flexible, and better due to having the upside come before the downside.
>>
File: Fallow Earth Ritual.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fallow Earth Ritual.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
Tried to make a B/G version of Dark Ritual.

I originally didn't add basics which I thought would be fine until I remembered fetchlands exist. So basics only.
>>
>>52822164
>Needs a sorcery speed limitation or else you use it after declaring it as a blocker or on their end step.

Then try this:

>T: ~ gains +2/+2 until the end of your next turn. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.

OR:

>T: ~ gains +2/+2 until the end of your next turn. Activate this ability only during your declare attackers step.
>>
>>52822114
Thanks, as I said, the wording of the ability was made like that to avoid major exploits and keep some flavour, and I was undecided to make it more combo friendly or not, if you think that the mechanic right now isn't very fun, I may change.

>>52822163
>I cannot read so it's the mechanics fault

>>52822186
I considered that as well, and it's quite funny because my set is 2 years old, and it also has another mechanic involving -1/-1 counters. I'll take a look into the cards with the mechanic and see if it fits, but I'm more about making the old one better than downright copy a pre-existing one.
>>
>>52822279
Getgood monster would love it.

But yea, that's pretty cool, except it probably is too good since it can take advantage of mana doublers, landfall triggers, etc. Is probably too pushed
>>
>>52822303
Wow no shit. Who would have thought?
I was just pointing out your version was bad, not asking you to add one sentence that anyone else already knows would be needed.
>>
>>52822347
So what's the intent of the mechanic?
>>
>>52822347
I love how you keep denying that the wording for your mechanic is bad, while you're talking to a guy proposing better wording for your ability. Why do you think he's doing that if you think your wording isn't bad? What purpose would there be in it?
>>
>>52822419
I don't think my wording is good or bad, just normal.

I just stated what I already said in my first post, that it was worded that way to avoid exploit, and that's true.

I will do a post later explaining my point of view on the mechanic, and as always I'll be opened to advise despite what other anon think (that's why I posted the card in the first place), right now I need to go because I need to partecipate in a RPG session, so I don't have enough time.
>>
>>52822518
I look forward to you finally telling us the intent of the mechanic.
>>
>>52822540
It's just reverse Exhaust. Combat upside with a downside. He just reversed the order of the upside and downside.
>>
File: 1302721427676.jpg (13KB, 196x197px) Image search: [Google]
1302721427676.jpg
13KB, 196x197px
Anon might want to "Concentrate" on taking advice better next time.
>>
File: Tatsu Yamashiro Katana5.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tatsu Yamashiro Katana5.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
No changes, just looking for more feedback.

>>52821896
Interesting idea, awful wording. Third ability I suggest just scrapping entirely and replacing with something like
>As long as you control an artifact, ~ gets +1/+0.
Anyway, first ability is spelled "Haste", and the second ability doesn't work, you can't take cards like that. A card you don't own should never end up in your hand, graveyard, or library. Instead, you could use the following wording.
>Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, that player exiles a card at random from his or her hand. You may play that card for as long as it remains exiled.
Though this would probably require a rarity of rare just due to complexity. Could be wrong though.
>>
Page ten bump while I work on cards
>>
File: Aldran Karr Ghost General.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Aldran Karr Ghost General.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
How's the balance on this guy?
>>
File: Wan Shi-Tong the Librarian.png (286KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wan Shi-Tong the Librarian.png
286KB, 375x523px
>>52828308

p cool, can see it being hella weak but never too strong even when it's a bomb
>>
>>52828308
Very cool, though I think Necromancer's Covenant wording would be better.
>When ~ enters the battlefield, exile all creature cards from your graveyard, then create a 1/1 white Spirit Soldier creature token for each card exiled this way.
Oh wait, I just noticed the tokens are vanilla Spirit Soldiers. Any reason they're not just Spirits with Flying? I could see adding Soldier if them anthem effect were Soldier tribal, but it's not.

>>52828406
UB FStrike? Kinda odd, especially when you'll probably avoid attacking with him. Ability is interesting though.
>>
What colors would you think Genghis Khan would be? I mean it would be easy to just use Mardu, cause Mardu is already Not!Mongols but I feel that that is too easy.
>>
>>52828789

I think it's safe to say Genghis Khan was the defining inspiration for that clan if not the entire set.
>>
>>52828789
Yeah, Mardu, though a bit more nuanced than just raiding. (Though I'm not history expert, so take everything here with a grain of salt.) He didn't want to just wreck stuff, he wanted to rule. If people bowed down to him, he would take them in no problem. Actually, his policies regarding things like religion were pretty liberal for his time. On the other hand, if they refused to surrender, he'd beat them down swiftly and without mercy. There are parts of Asia that even today have lower populations compared to areas around them due to Genghis's conquests. And even with the lands he absorbed into his empire, they'd still get raided, they just wouldn't be obliterated.
>>
File: Genghis Khan.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Genghis Khan.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>52828809
>>52828924
Shitty OC inbound. Please yell at me about what I need to fix, whether or not the cmc is too high/low, whether the costing is bad, etc.
>>
File: Quick Determination.png (213KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Quick Determination.png
213KB, 375x523px
Pasting two 1-mana spells together? Lazy? Nonsense.
>>
>>52828660
They're mostly Spirit Soldiers without flying in order to match the guy making them. I considered making the anthem effect Soldier tribal when I put it in, but decided against it for whatever reason. Might put it back in.
>>
>>52829074
Nah, the card I think is costed well for what it does. Make it tribal would probably mean making the card a bit better to make up for that. Anyway, my only real question was why the tokens didn't have Flying, since that would be a major upside. But perhaps too much, so I think for now you should stick with the card you've made.
>>
File: Halimar Oracle.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Halimar Oracle.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>Coworker decides to organize a collaborative custom cube project
>Each person is to make 45 cards
Mind giving me feedback on a few of these?

1/X
>>
File: Consuming Blaze.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Consuming Blaze.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>52829250
2/X
>>
File: Silver Grail.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Silver Grail.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>52829262
3/X
>>
File: Carrion Harvester.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Carrion Harvester.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>52829278
4/X
>>
File: Forlorn Lovers.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Forlorn Lovers.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>52829294
>>
File: Chromawing Harpy.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Chromawing Harpy.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>52829312
6/X

This is probably the last one I'll post for now.
>>
>>52829250
This one seems maybe a little powerful. You could potentially cheat in some really powerful stuff. Maybe get rid of the scry effect or make it so that Halimar Oracle is exiled/put into the graveyard etc when it cheats whatever in.
>>52829262
Pretty nice, Warpath seems like a cool mechanic. Maybe a hydra like thing with X in its cost would be dope.
>>52829278
Well made card imo, wish I had that kind of talent.
>>52829294
The 13 flavor is a nice touch, but it seems not that intimidating for that many suspend counters, even if you abuse it. Maybe bump its power up a bit, or create a number of harpies equal to the number of creatures in all graveyards? That way it works similarly to the other suspend cards.
>>52829312
Kinda bad imo, I'd rather run Doomed Traveler. It would be leagues better if it was just during your turn, and not sorcery speed.
>>52829330
Annoying, but nice. Luckily its in colors with little way to abuse landfall.
>>
Oddness.

Flames of Purity 1RW
Sorcery
Exile target nonbasic permanent.

Spark of Inspiration 1RR
Instant
Exile your hand. Until end of turn, you may play cards exiled this way. At the beginning of the end step, draw that many cards.
Draw a card.

Dream Guardian 2RBU
Creature- Avatar
Flying
Whenever ~ would leave the battlefield, exile it instead.
Whenever you would discard a card, you may cast ~ from exile instead.
4/4

Harsh Apprentice 2UB
Creature- Wizard
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a creature, return that creature to it's owner's hand.
Whenever a permanent is returned to an opponent's hand from the battlefield, that player discards a card.
2/2

Keeper of the Cycle 3GWU
Legendary Creature- Avatar
Flying
Whenever a player would take an extra turn, you take an extra turn after this one instead.
Whenever an opponent would draw a card, if it's not the first card they've drawn this turn, you may draw a card instead.
6/6
>>
File: Edward Nigma Riddler.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Edward Nigma Riddler.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
Been wanting to do Riddler for a while. But I have no clue how to make him. Just put some stuff onto a card just to get it out. I think focusing on card draw is something that all iterations will share. Trying to do CMC 3 or less this time around. Yeah, I make cheap cards sometimes. I was thinking of doing some sort of mind game mechanics, like that Sphinx that has players guess the CMC of cards or whatever, but I have no idea how to implement that well. Anyway, this version specifically is supposed to show how Riddler leaves clues for Batman as a compulsion. But draw because he's one step ahead? IDK. Ooh, I think I just had an idea for that Batcomputer card I've never finished.

>>52829250
Feels like it might be too strong. Really not liking the first ability, I'd just cut it entirely. Definitely rare.

>>52829262
Feel like it would've been a lot cooler at instant speed. Might make it rare though. Uncommon at least.

>>52829278
Seems alright. Uncommon?

>>52829294
Eh, just not feeling it. I always liked the cycle of Suspend cards that did something when they suspended that powered them up, but there's no real bonus here. It's cool to get it out faster, but I want more. Especially when you might be waiting forever for a 4/4 Flyer with two 1/1 Flyers, just not very interesting. Uncommon?

>>52829312
Wording has changed, in Magic tokens are created now. Not sure about this one. Probably better than I think it is since I'm shit at Magic. Unsure of rarity.

>>52829330
Seems taxing. Cool. Unsure of rarity.
>>
>>52829591
>Flames of Purity
...Huh? This doesn't seem RW at all.

>Spark of Inspiration
So a very slow wheel effect? Why not just make it a wheel effect?

>Dream Guardian
I don't like how this can negate discarding, especially when it's not that hard to get a discard engine up. Not really getting the flavor. Or the colors. Shouldn't protecting you from discard be GW? UBR is a great color combo for making people discard cards, including yourself.

>Harsh Apprentice
How is an apprentice harsh? Whatever. The second ability is cool, but I'm not sure about pairing it up with the first. Feels like way too much self-synergy. Maybe if it had to deal combat damage to a player first.

>Keeper of the Cycle
GWU? Why? You're stealing from your opponents constantly with this. Seems like UB, or possibly UBR. Hell, Notion Thief has the last ability.
>>
>>52829604
Riddler's Challenge 1UU
Enchantment- Aura
Enchant permanent
You control enchanted permanent.
At the beginning of your upkeep, target opponent investigates.

Simple enough? Only hitting artifacts would be a bit narrow.
Could even make it a whole theme, really.

Discombobulating Departure 1U
Instant
Counter target noncreature spell. That spell's controller investigates.
>"Riddle me this..."
>>
File: Barkkin.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Barkkin.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>52829384
Thanks for your feedback! Maybe I should merge the scry and the reveal effect to be something like this:

Landfall -- When a land ETBs under your control, look at the top card of your library. If it's a creature, you can reveal it, put it into play, and bounce oracle. If you don't reveal it, you may put it on the bottom of the library.

Seems kinda wordy, but much more balanced. Also, I think you may be underestimating the Lovers a bit. Being able to have two fliers on turn two seems really good to me, especially when potentially alongside Warpath cards.

>>52829591
I actually really like Flames of Purity and Spark of Inspiration. I'm not a fan of the Keeper though. The first effect seems underwhelming in most circumstances since your opponents aren't going to play Time Warp when he's out, and the second effect is just Leovold's effect, right? I would hate to see another potential Leovold commander, even if it is a 6 drop this time.

>>52829604
I really like this design. I think you could probably buff the stats or add a keyword without pushing the card too much.

I'm not really designing for rarity since this going to be played in a cube. Thanks for your feedback and the heads-up about the token wording. I hadn't noticed that yet.
>>
>>52829668
>Flames
Was messing around with LD and Vindicate ideas.
>Spark
The idea was discard defense, and a little messing with impulse draw. How much would you cost a version that hits opponents instead?
>Dream Guardian
Not sure where I was going with it, actually. Five mana is a bit much to be pulling out every time you want to avoid a discard, though.
>Apprentice
The first ability is mostly to synergise with the second, and the second is the focus. Just making every bounce a Recoil didn't seem cool enough.
>Keeper
At first it just stopped it, but I figured the extra turns clause was trinket text and the other was Spirit of the Labyrinth. Stopping everyone but you from having fun seems reasonably white.
>>
File: Harley Quinn8.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Harley Quinn8.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
Harley Quinn again. Just a minor wording change. Still wondering if the damage should be a flat 2 or scale. Also starting to question the use of Haste. But it does seem like something she'd have, so I'll leave it for now.

>>52829787
>Flames
Vindicate is WB. Make a WBR card then.

>Spark
Exile opponent's hand and play with it for a turn? Sounds pretty cool, but expensive. 3BR? 4BR? Not sure how to cost it with letting them get new cards to replace the exile.

>Apprentice
I'm aware it's there for synergy, I think it's too much synergy. Which is what I said in my original post.

>Keeper
R stops extra turns. The last effect is on a UB card. Which is why I recommended UBR. Also, W imposes rules that ALL players follow. Look at Spirit of the Labyrinth. Now look at Leovold. Spirit messes with all players' draws, Leovold just messes with your opponents'.

>>52829718
Hmm, sounds interesting. I'll look into it. Though if I do wind up using Investigate, they probably won't be CO cards. I would just rather not use the keyword. I know it seems odd, it's just something I'm trying to do.

>>52829774
>Riddler
Thanks. Honestly wasn't expecting the first draft to do well.
>>
>>52829774
>>52829947
And I didn't even respond to your card, that was rude of me.

>Barkkin
As in kin to bark? I think "Bark-Kin" would be a better rendering of that. Anyway, your card is... Oh, it's that really weird mana rock people seem to like a lot. For some reason. Yeah, not really sure how to judge this. Sorry.
>>
>>52829947
>Flames
Nah, it's deliberately not as good as vindicate. I was going for a knockoff. The interesting bit was working in the pseudo blood moon hate.
>Spark
That is also cool, but I was thinking red disruption like
Sudden Jolt RR
Instant
Target opponent exiles their hand. Until end of turn, they may play cards exiled this way. At the beginning of the next end step, they draw that many cards.

Or even simpler, since we don't have to worry about it being a storm count enabler

Sudden Jolt RR
Instant
Target opponent exiles their hand, then draws that many cards.

>Apprentice
It's still a 2/2 for 4 getting into direct combat. If it triggered on blocking/blocked by it would definitely be too much.

>Investigate
I was surprised they didn't do more with it, honestly.

Face of the Unknown 1UG
Creature- Elemental
~'s power and toughness are equal to the number of colorless nonland, nonartifact permanents on the battlefield.
Morph UG
*/*

Mnemonic Monster 1UB
Creature- Horror
Whenever ~ attacks, it gets -1/-1 for each card in defending player's hand, and they Investigate.
7/7

>Harley
She seems awfully cheerful for a Megrim. And definitely scale.
>>
>>52830125
>Face of the Unknown
Shit, clue tokens are artifacts, apparently.
>>
>>52830125
>Spark
Then for me, I just go back to "Why not wheel?" Sorry. Though I will probably make that BR card.

>Apprentice
Hmm, I might be overreacting then. Though on the other hand, it's a combat god if given FStrike. Even fucks with Indie creatures.

>Face of the Unknown
Might as well just reference face-down creatures directly at that point.

>Mnemonic Monster
Huh, reminds me of Nyxathid. Wondering if it should also get negatives when it blocks. Or maybe
>~ gets -1/-1 for each card in the hand of the opponent with the most cards in hand.
Or maybe downsize to the difference between the number in your hand and that opponent's? Positives and negatives? Eh, too many possibilities I leave it to you.

Oh, and why just text for your cards? There are links to things to make cards with, one you don't even need to download.

>Harley
Cool, thanks. And yeah, she almost always looks cheerful. Actually, I may change the art later. It's crazy how hard it can be to find good art for some of thesee things, especially the more obscure characters/concepts.
>>
>>52830145
Ah. Yeah, I was wondering why you posted that card next to discussion about Investigate. Just thought you wanted some Morph focus.
>>
>>52830346
>Spark
Because wheel effects tend to be pretty powerful, so I'm trying to make chunks. Exiling someone's hand after they assemble all their combo pieces sounds like hilarious red antics, even (Or especially) if they draw them all back. I know there was a similar effect on a red creature back in Masques, but it was a 3/3 for 5, so I'm pretty sure it saw no play.
>Mnemonic Monster
Was going for the quick and clean option. Hand size difference would make the most thematic sense, but it would also be a lot messier. And because I'm lazy.
>Harley
Anything that pumps her up is likely competing with anything that makes them discard, so it evens out a bit. At baseline, she's just a legendary Megrim on legs, and Megrim's got problems as a wincon anyway.
>>
File: Charged Battlesage.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Charged Battlesage.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
Red is the color of versatility.
>>
File: Vampiric Tome.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Vampiric Tome.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
One last one from me for tonight, inspired by the amazing Vlad Tepes from Force of Will.

>>52829604
Also, how about this for a flavorful spell?

Riddle Me This
Instant, 2UU
Look at the top four cards of your library and reveal one card. An opponent chooses one the revealed card or the other cards looked at this way. Put the chosen card or cards into your hand and the rest into your graveyard.

Might need the wording tinkered with, but I think it would be a fun twist on Fact or Fiction/Steam Augury spells.
>>
File: Imirah the Azure Queen.png (252KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Imirah the Azure Queen.png
252KB, 375x523px
>>52831496
Seems a bit much for one mana, but maybe as a rare? Usually you have to pay a premium for that much utility.

>>52829947
I feel like you can just word it "target creature or player" to save space. That's basically what it does. If the damage numbers were different, then it'd make more sense the way you have it. Otherwise, seems fine, but it's pretty strong. I suppose the tradeoff is it's easier to get rid of than a Lili's Caress or Megrim.

>>52829774
I guess if you're tossing this in a set or cube that has a lot of untap effects, then this is pretty cool, but aside from that it feels like the extra abilities aren't really there for much. Very niche. Or like Proliferate or Doubling Season, I suppose. Still very niche.

>>52829604
Ooh, I like this. I think you may have nailed it on the first try. Though you may actually be able to make him 2U if you want. And possibly a bit more toughness, though I know Riddler isn't much of a fighter.

This card just kinda popped into my head; I wanted to make a "spymaster" card in U so I smashed Azure Mage and Fateseal together, sort of. I kinda like it, but the body may be too beefy.
>>
>>52831899
>Activate this ability only once each turn
...Why not just make it tap?
>>
File: Image[1].jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>52831899
>Fact or Fiction/Steam Augury
I'd say pic related is a better comparison. Fact or Fiction gives complete information about the piles, while Distant Memories only gives info about one pile.
>>
>>52831953
So you can activate it during each opponent's turn as well

Only doing it once per turn cycle feels too weak, and being able to do it more than 3 or 4 times a turn cycle feels potentially broken.
>>
File: Sgt. Stubby.png (275KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sgt. Stubby.png
275KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Shadow of the Jabberwocky.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow of the Jabberwocky.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52832847
Too cheap. Also, no idea how useful that ability will be when Wizards keeps cutting down on color matters and Protection.
>>
File: Possessed Armchair.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Possessed Armchair.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Chains of Hegemon.png (1MB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Chains of Hegemon.png
1MB, 750x1046px
This card makes me happy.
>>
>>52834989
Interesting idea, but I'm not sure why it has Convoke or G. Heck, I think the card could be UB
>>
File: Hizuko the Madman.png (1008KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Hizuko the Madman.png
1008KB, 750x1046px
>>52835148
I was kind of on the fence if it should be cmc, or power equal to or less than. BG plays a lot with cmc destruction, and G cares about cmc in general. About the R, it kinda felt right. I guess I'm turning into WotC.

And Convoke felt even better. Card feels a bit like a ritual of retribution, with all the colors, and stuff. It does that 'fluff' thing.
>>
File: Dust After All.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Dust After All.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Sheik Al Qasimi Soulcrafter.png (893KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Sheik Al Qasimi Soulcrafter.png
893KB, 750x1046px
>>52835429
Last bump.
>>
File: parry.jpg (406KB, 1125x1046px) Image search: [Google]
parry.jpg
406KB, 1125x1046px
Moving Parry (Bushido) into Azorius from Mardu at common. Going to keep pirates with saboteur/frenzy mechanics at common.
>>
>>52835660
Blue is probably the one color that shouldn't ever get that kind of mechanic. Hell, you can give them a variable flanking and create essentially the same effect most of the times.
>>
>>52835660
Bushido isn't blue.
>>
File: Arada King of Yele.png (266KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Arada King of Yele.png
266KB, 375x523px
buuuuuuuuuuuuump
>>
File: Explain Further.jpg (32KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Explain Further.jpg
32KB, 375x523px
>>52833533
I have trouble thinking of a deck that would play this over Threaten. How about making it an Aura that gives a no untap clause? At 1UB.

>>52835939
>As long as it's not your turn, creatures your opponents control lose all abilities and can't have or gain abilities.
From the Archetype cards. Seems undercosted. Looks more like a sideboard card though so maybe it's fine?

>>52835459
>If a creature card would be put into your graveyard from anywhere, instead exile it and creature a token that's a copy of that creature, except it's blue and an Illusion.
I don't know if "from anywhere" is actually required, but unless it makes the text behave badly it should probably be included. "You own" is unneeded since cards you don't own can't go in your 'yard.
This looks like a card that will never be played because it's a 6 drop that requires support to do anything, but it sure makes me want to brew a janky reanimator deck.

>>52835351
I can't help but see this as keyword soup. Not seeing the flavor.

>>52834989
CMC "less than or equal to" for cards that don't have predetermined values, I think. From Bring to Light / Beseech the Queen.
>>
File: BG Examples.jpg (597KB, 1125x1046px) Image search: [Google]
BG Examples.jpg
597KB, 1125x1046px
Picking up an old set that got killed along with my old computer.

I suspect Tanwir should be 5 mana. And I considered making rehost a "exile this from your graveyard... rehost only as a sorcery" but besides that adding even more text to it that kind of feels a little op... or maybe that's exactly what it needs in order to be a standard viable mechanic. Way I see it going down is your rehost dudes are mediocre early on but your grindy value game is intense as things go on. So without testing this is where I've landed it.
>>
More multicolored uncommons in the works.This time, UG.
>>52839367
Right off the bat, I'm not a huge fan of Rehost. I feel that returning creatures straight to the battlefield is going to be incredibly hard to balance as a mechanic, especially at common. Soulshift returned things to hand, and for good reason (not that soulshift was great either, mind you). As is, I feel that there's just too much free value.
>>
>>52840904
Fair enough.

Your designs there are pretty solid. Though protip, ~ becomes the card's name so you don't have to adjust it whenever you change the name. Bounteous waters.
>>
>>52840965
Ah, thanks. I usually use ~, but sometimes I type the names in when I'm still using organizational set codes to save room. I'll get it switched.
>>
>>52841033
I do the same, and I had totally forgotten about soulshift. I suspect that's because the mechanic is pretty garbage which does suggest a more powerful iteration on it seems warranted but perhaps add a cost to it,

Like, BG Rehost 3 When this dies you may pay __ and exile... )
>>
File: Thoughtbeast.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Thoughtbeast.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>52839367
>Rehost
The name leaves something to be desired. I like this version more than the suggested pseudo-flashback as it promotes synergy decks over just playing it for the value. Given that Rehost is situational and that it can't infinitely loop due to the exiling means that you can afford to push your creatures a bit. This is talking from a Constructed point of view though. In limited it's bonkers. Make sure to give the other colors some goodies too.

>Grand Mycelium's Bliss
Should be "Each creature you control has..." since X is different for different creatures.

>Tanwir
"Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies, you may create a token that's a copy of that creature, except it's a Fungus in addition to its other types and it's 1/1."
Note that tokens with Rehost can't actually return anything since SBAs remove them from the 'yard before the trigger resolves, leaving you unable to exile them to the ability. As such cmc4 should be fine.

>Everrot Bog
Deathtouch seems a bit much. Maybe Wither?

>>52840904
>Harsh Overseer
A bit anemic. It kind of conflicts with itself in that you want to trade it for a large creature to enable pinnacle. And if all you want is a deathtoucher I'm assuming there are other (single color) options. And even if you do turn it on the benefit is low. Something like Kiora's follower with the pinnacle bit seems more fitting.

>Militants
Solid.

>Waters
You said your set is mana hungry so I'll accept the four mana ramp spell, but at least let me spread the counters? Seems weak otherwise, even in limited.
>>
>>52840904
Bounteous Waters should at least only target your own stuff.
>>
File: BG mechanic.png (312KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
BG mechanic.png
312KB, 375x523px
>>52841067
I think I've got it. This also allows you to not have to exile them because it inhibits cycling.

>>52841137
Yeah, was majorly worried about looping but I think the addition of cost addresses that (as well as sliming down the huge reminder text).

And to be sure, rehost is a pretty terrifying ability in limited what with them being 2 cards in 1 like embalm. But, set is going heavy into enemy color pair graveyard shenanigans so as long as I make the weaker shenanigans have powerful bodies to balance things out it should work... ideally.

and yeah, the name has been a thorn in my side. The flavor is that the BG faction lives in a bog where everything is interlaced with a central fungus's mycelium. So the sentient race(s) that live there kind of get codrycep-ted into serving it and everything can be reanimted as zombie fungai hosts... just not sure how else to convey that parasite reanimation. I figured germinate could work as the fungai sprea their spores / mycelium to take over a new host's body but that name suggests more along the lines of tokens or +counter rather than reanimation.
>>
>>52841305
ah shit... I just realized that an activated cost for a triggered ability doesn't work, does it? But how to format it then.
>>
>>52841327
Not really. Just leave the keyword by itself.
>>
>>52841327
[keyword] [number] - [cost]
would probably work best
>>
File: UM06 Bounteous Waters.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
UM06 Bounteous Waters.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>>52841137
>>52841143
Changed Overseer to a 1/3. How's this for Bounteous Waters? Too pushed?
>Thoughtbeast
So the idea is that evoking the card would just cause your opponent to reveal their hand? Does it work as worded?
>>
>>52841908
I think it's just right. Cryptolith rite is just 1G for goodness sake and that's arguably better than bounteous waters.
>>
File: really old stuff.jpg (671KB, 1125x1569px) Image search: [Google]
really old stuff.jpg
671KB, 1125x1569px
Some ideas.
>>
Bumping the thread but I'll pass on posting cards. Even with feedback for other's cards attached they just get ignored. Getting kinda tiresome.
>>
>>52844968
Post what you've got, anon. I'm working on cards right now, so I have nothing to post, but I'll do some review and feedback.
>>
>>52845005
Nah. It just gets irksome when you post a card and include feedback for 3-5 other cards and don't even get anything cursory in response. I'm just venting in the hopes that in the future people will be more conscientious. It always chafes when I see people dump cards and say nothing about about else's.
>>
>>52845456
>*about anyone else's
Phone keyboards are truly garbage.
>>
>>52832847
I would like this more if it was 'Destroy target creature that does not share a color with @' I feel like that would balance it's power (sort of it would still be good removal), support the theme of color matters and give you a reason to cast it as red even if you have black mana open.
>>
>>52845456
Fucking hell, are you me?

>>52842973
>Constrain
Not sure how the third ability works. You'd probably just have to say it doesn't untap during its controller's untap step.

>Distort Aether
Worse Remove Soul? No thanks.

>Spell Shatter
Seems like something that would've had its heyday in Mirrodin. Intersting, probably too good though.

>Sudden Revelation
No idea how to judge this.

>Mental Blowback
I'd make it "up to one target". OK I guess.

>Reckless Lobotomy
Not sure exactly how useful this would be. Probably underestimating it though.

>Beauty from Filth
Seems incredibly powerful. I'd probably just restrict the ability to once each turn.

>Scrap Titan
OK uncommon I think.

>Scrap Mite
Eh?
>>
>>52845456
I'm definitely someone who dumps cards a lot, but I always try to make sure I offer feedback alongside my collages. Sorry if your cards got lost in the shuffle, man.
>>
File: Riddler stuff.jpg (117KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
Riddler stuff.jpg
117KB, 750x523px
Didn't expect such a positive reaction to Riddler. Thanks a lot guys! Anyway, here's another card designed to work well with him, plus a token, since I actually kinda like making them. Anyway, the mechsuit is from Arkham Knight, Riddler wears it at the end of his quest line to fight Batman and Selina, alongside his Riddlerbots (already made a card a while ago for them). Empyrial Armor effect for obvious synergy, but I wanted to give it something else too, so I went with a twist on discard/draw.

>>52845801
>Sorry if your cards got lost in the shuffle
Did you plan that, or did it just come out that way?
>>
File: UM07 Djinni of Burning Secrets.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
UM07 Djinni of Burning Secrets.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
>>52846068
>Did you plan that, or did it just come out that way?
It was an accident, but I'm certainly not complaining. I'll take whatever cleverness I can accidentally stumble into.
>Riddler stuff
Riddler making clue tokens is perfect. I love it.
>Mechsuit
Isn't Mindmoil more of a red effect? I suppose the added choice in which cards to pitch makes it more blue, but I'm still thinking gold. Or maybe that's just because I'm working on UR cards right now and have that color combo on the brain.
>>
File: Pieter Cross Dr. Mid-Nite5.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Pieter Cross Dr. Mid-Nite5.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
Doctor with a bird. Pretty much the entire concept translated to the card. He can also do stuff based around creating and seeing through darkness, which I guess could sorta maybe be construed to mean Hexproof, but I feel like having both available would be overkill.

>>52846161
>Riddler making clue tokens is perfect. I love it.
Well, that's why I did it, glad you like it.

>Isn't Mindmoil more of a red effect?
True. I was actually thinking about this a bit earlier. As for these... well, I dunno even really what to call them. Character support cards? Anyway, these cards relating to a character, I try to make them incorporate just the colors of the character and benefit most by being used in conjunction with them specifically, while still being useful otherwise. (Though making them so close that they become redundant is a problem I've run into a few times.) Like, Oracle lets you Transmute cards, Oracle's Clocktower lets you return discarded cards to your hand at a small cost. Stuff like that. I'll just come up with something more Blue for Riddler. Though thinking about it some more, I should probably be a lot less concerned about these cards than on actual character cards.

>Djinni of Burning Secrets
I feel like it's kinda odd that the name says Djinni but the type just says Djinn. Anyway, the effect is pretty interesting and very Red. Though it's so Red I'm honestly not entirely sure why it has Blue in it. I mean, sure, Blue has a lot of card draw, so it makes sense to include it, but it just feels like trying to force synergy when it should be natural. And I think it would just overall play a lot better with dual-color decks. Well, except for the RW, probably the absolute worst color for draw.
>>
>>52846517
>Djinni vs. Djinn
Djinni is the singular form. Not a distinction Wizards has made in the past, but I am.
>Why include blue?
The trigger condition is very blue. Other than that, because I've finished my monocolored uncommons and I'm working on the multicolored, so I have no need for a straight red uncommon card right now.
>Dr. Mid-Nite
Simple, solid. Reminds me of Tolsimir Wolfblood. Nothing much else to say.
>>
>>52846610
>The trigger condition is very blue.
...What about Dredge?
>>
>>52846653
I'm not saying it's exclusively blue, man. Just that drawing cards is one of the bluest things one can do, and so I feel comfortable making this a UR card with that as the trigger condition as a result.
>>
>>52846709
Eh, I get it. It's just something that immediately stood out to me since I'd just been looking at some Dredge cards. I still think it could make for a pure Red card though.
>>
File: planeswalker removal.jpg (223KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
planeswalker removal.jpg
223KB, 1125x523px
Ideas for planeswalker removal / utility stuff.
>>
I'm trying to make a card that grants an effect based on what color of mana was spent to activate an ability, but this shit is wordy and fuck and I can't figure out how to write it accurately and keep it short, if possible:

Whenever an activated ability of an artifact you control targets a creature, you may have that creature gain one of the following abilities until end of turn depending on what color of mana was spent; if W first strike, if U flying, if B deathtouch, if R haste, if G hexproof.
>>
File: Character Assassination.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Character Assassination.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>52841908
>So the idea is that evoking the card would just cause your opponent to reveal their hand? Does it work as worded?
Yes. It's a continuous ability so when the evoke-sac goes on the stack, players get priority and you get a chance to see their hand.

>Changed Overseer to a 1/3.
That still doesn't let it survive blocking a big thing, which is the only way deathtouch lets it enable itself. I don't want to repeat myself but I'd rather this have some ramp ability to enable pinnacle.

>>52848569
>Rot's Claim
"You gain life..."
>Primal Contest
"Target planeswalker deals damage equal to the number of loyalty counters on it to target creature. That creature deals damage equal to its power to that planeswalker."

>>52848826
"Whenever a creature you control becomes the target of an activated ability of an artifact, if you spent white mana to pay for the activations costs, that creature gains first strike until end of turn. The same is true for blue mana and flying, black mana and deathtouch, red mana and haste and green mana and hexproof."
That's the best I can do.
>>
>>52849084
>That's the best I can do.
Seems good to me.
>>
File: Audacious Commander.png (288KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Audacious Commander.png
288KB, 375x523px
>>52849084
I realize that this being modal means it's got the standard utility which makes it "fine" at common (read: not a dead pick against a PW-less deck) but I can't see WotC printing PW removal at anything but rare in the foreseeable future. At least, I'm looking at Gatherer here and not seeing it, and I had to double check because I dunno about either of the two newest sets. I know their general mechanics but not every card, so I had to be sure. Still, it's a good idea, same with the cards they have going now such as Hero's Downfall and all that.

>>52848569
I feel like the U one should be W, given Arrest and whatnot being a thing. B seems fine, and G is really cool, wording aside, which has already been corrected prior.

>>52846517
I take it the indestructible thing is to represent the "doctor" part? It costs the same as the one on my card here, but is obviously more powerful. He''s simple and self-synergizes softly enough in a way that's nice. Also appreciating that you've gone cheaper on your last couple of submissions.

>>52846161
Hm. I mean, for casting instants in your draw phase, or to turn draw spells into ramp, sure, I suppose, though a card in hand is almost always worth more than mana in UR since it usually runs pretty cheap. Still, it's pretty neat I guess, but there are going to be many times where it's not really a good option because you don't have anything you can abuse it with. I guess that's why he's 3/2. He'd be really neat if you had Cycling in your set.

>>52846068
Okay the Mechsuit's ability is cool, but envisioning a suit that makes you smarter and scales off how smart you are is... okay it's fucking silly but it's also comics so I can't even hate. It's also the kind of thing Mr. Nygma would probably somehow manage to fabricate.

Will do some more feedback next post. Not happy with the art on this but eh, I'll keep looking.
>>
(cont)
>>52842973
>Constrain
Feels like the control bit is unnecessary since all it really nets you is sac fodder. I guess if it's got activated abilities but... eh.
>Distort
Isn't that great because Essence Scatter. Shatter is cool, but they'd probably make it UU since you can just pitch a 0 cost artifact to it.
>Revelation
... huh. Blue having to pitch its favorite card type is strange, but I guess it's an alright drawback. Flashback likes it fine I suppose.
>Blowback
Why do I feel like this exists already? Not on an official card... maybe I've seen it in these threads before or something similar.
>Lobotomy
Madness likes it.
>Filth
I mean, it ramps you pretty hard and stuff, but it happens REALLY late. Seems dubious.
>Titan
I like it. Simple and flavorful. I feel like it could even be common if the set didn't have Madness, because Pauper would love it.
>Mite
Also very cool.

>>52841908
Hm. Yeah, sure. Gotta get dem CMC5 spells.

>>52841305
not!Soulshift eh? With perks? Hm. Gonna need some care in balancing, but should be okay. I dunno about it outside your set though; BR throwing around a bunch of, albeit neutered, Sun Titans could be a pretty big issue. Still, curious what you do with it.

>>52841137
Not bad, but probably uncommon.

>>52840904
UM04 feels disjointed. Not a big fan. UM05 is nice. I get the feeling this or something like it will replace Hexproof in the next few sets since it's "more interactive". Glad you changed UM06.
>>
File: Gaze Homeward.png (261KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gaze Homeward.png
261KB, 375x523px
A card for the road, I guess. Saw the art and wanted to make a bit of a "feels" card. It's probably too weak.
>>
File: Goblin Mystic.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin Mystic.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
>>52849676
With how much Wizards is pushing planeswalkers I think they need to print more answers for them, including at common on stuff like this. Since most PWs also effectively have ETB value an instant answer might not even be good.

>card
Looks good.

>>52849825
I don't see why this is restricted to first main only since it's already a sorcery and casting it postcombat is not what you want to do. A good card for limited, but I'm slightly concerned about a T2 6/6 Nacatl in constructed.
>>
>>52849972
>PWs
I suppose, but I'm usually the sort to just go with the flow on what they do, and I suspect the reason we haven't seen uncommon or common removal for them yet is "Timmy Syndrome"; someone casts a 'Walker and seeing it get blown up feelsbadman, so they cater to the kiddies and make it less of a common thing in Draft/Limited. Though, since PWs are always mythic, putting common removal is kind of pointless when in a draft you won't see many of them, and in any other format rarity doesn't matter in terms of being able to get ahold of cards really, so I guess there's that too.

>Homeward
Hand-holding, pretty much. I mean I guess I could take it off so you could just slap counters on things after combat too, but again, I try to make cards as though I were WotC. Most of the time, anyway.

>Mystic
Hm. Sadly the only two red examples of this I can find are hybrid cards with green from Lorwyn, so... not the best examples. I'm not sure red getting chromatic mana is a good idea, at least not at common.
>>
>>52849972
>>52850237
Oh, forgot to address the Nacatl thing; it tickles me a little bit that a common I made might conceivably be Constructed bannable, so I have to say I'm not sure I'd actually want to change its main function.
>>
File: Mass of Avarice.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mass of Avarice.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>52850237
>>52850237
It's less about having it available at common in limited and more about having cards that can interact with PWs while also doing something else so that more strategies have answers to them. Really I'm just frustrated at Wizards now printing 5+ pushed mythics every set and no efficient answers so that standard is forced into being a midrange fest.

>Homeward
I don't think it would need to be banned since it's basically a hasty 'goyf that requires 3 colors and 2 cards. Just something to be aware of.

>Mystic
I don't think red getting mana filtering is a problem as long as it's single-use-only (and maybe at card disadvantage).
>Wild Cantor exists
Well shit. And here I thought Elvish Mystic + Mogg Fanatic would be something new.
>>
File: Priest of the Ethereal.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Priest of the Ethereal.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
Trying to think of a mechanic that makes auras not feel bad.
>>
File: Skyray Dancer.jpg (32KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Skyray Dancer.jpg
32KB, 375x523px
>>52851091
Woops, that type line is a little awkward.

I was thinking something like this.
>>
Does this work?
Universal Disapproval
XXWB
Sorcery
Destroy up to X target creatures with converted mana cost of X or less.
>>
>>52852372
Going by Dregs of Sorrow, you really just need a high initial cost. XWWBB?
>>
>>52849676
>>52849084
Thanks guys. Also, I just realized that the second mode didn't specify that the creature has to have a different controller. Now I'm wondering how much a card that makes 2 of your opponent's creatures fight each other would cost.
>>
File: Prophetic Sphinx.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Prophetic Sphinx.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>52829604
Well here's a sphinx I came up with a while back. The ability sets up a scenario where if the other guy guesses right you lose a valuable card to exile forever, but if he guesses wrong you get a potentially great card for free. Seems to fit the Riddler well enough. Obviously remove flying and reduce p/t and cmc.

Bonus points, the more cards in your hand the harder it is to guess which one you're trying to play. Since hand size is thematically linked to intellect it works on that level too.

If you felt like it you could use this card to fake out a guy: show him your hand full of trash then one really good card. Exile trash and when he guesses the good card act dejected and leave it in exile. (It stays facedown so he cant be sure he was actually right). Then if he falls for it he'll think you have nothing in your hand and act, but surprise you still have that good card after all.
>>
File: Gene Splicing.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gene Splicing.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
Small uncommon. Yes, I do do those sometimes. From Batman Beyond, which I usually avoid, the idea is that this allows the enchanted creature to gain abilities based on whatever animal they splice themselves with. I actually had an idea about a version that worked like the Khans or Dragons enchantments from FRF, but more than two options just felt like it would cause memory issues.

>>52854081
Thanks for the help, but I think I'm going to stick with this design for Riddler. It certainly did well with other anons.

Anyway, as for you card, I'm not certain about this ability. Eh, I think it's just my inexperience getting in the way, it's probably a lot better and more balanced than I think it is.
>>
File: UG and UR.jpg (437KB, 1125x1046px) Image search: [Google]
UG and UR.jpg
437KB, 1125x1046px
Made some updates and changes based on feedback. Also finished the UR uncommons.
>>52854081
Since the opponent naming a card is a may effect, I think you need to specify what happens if he or she chooses not to name a card.
>>52854353
I like it. The choice is a nice touch.
>>
File: Clavicus Vile.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Clavicus Vile.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>52854081
Not quite the same thematically, but here's something else kind of in the same vein.
>>
>>52848569
>Bind
Eh, OK.

>Rot's
Not bad. Pure utility card, but I like seeing Black's counter removal stuff.

>Primal
Eh... not really feeling this one, sorry.

>>52848826
You'd have to write it all out, and yes, it is a huge pain.

>>52849084
Eh, I see that you're trying to do planeswalker destruction that isn't garbage, but I'd rather just have a Murder variant that does it.

>>52849676
>Mid-Nite
Yup, doctor skills make Indie. I would've used Regen a few years ago, but oh well.

>Also appreciating that you've gone cheaper on your last couple of submissions.
Thanks. Yeah, as cool as some of the huge cards can be, they do get a bit tiresome after a while. Plus I feel like this is pretty good design exercise.

>Mechsuit
Thanks. And yeah, I get what you mean from a flavor perspective. But sometimes I feel like I let the flavor get in the way of just making good cards. Still going to find another ability for it though.

>Audacious Commander
Reminds me of Nacatl Hunt-Pride. Seems pretty cool, though I'm not entirely sure about the costs here. And GW feels odd to me in the last ability. Maybe just 1W to fit the other abilities? Also, G ability should just be
>Target creature blocks ~ this turn if able.

>>52849825
Why precombat restriction? Seems redundant given the rest of the card. Anyway, you should use wording like Domain, so
>Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature for each basic land type among lands you control
Not really sure on balance though. Definitely doesn't strike me as being common.

>>52849972
Any color? In Red? Seems really off.

>>52850648
Interesting, though I'm not sure about making it so you can pump it as well.

>>52851091
Not entirely sure on balance, but the ability seems cool.

>>52851176
Reverse Totem Armor? Eh, I think I'd rather just stick with Totem Armor.
>>
File: Alduin.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Alduin.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
>>52854816
I didn't do many of these, but here's where it gets silly.
>>
File: Alduin the World Eater.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Alduin the World Eater.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>52854520
>UM04
What about multiple permanents with the same CMC? Shouldn't it be something like
>if you control each permanent with the highest converted mana cost
or
>if you control a permanent with the highest converted mana cost
Eh, could be wrong though. Effect seems OK.

>UM05
Hmm, even spells your opponents control? Double-edged sword, OK I think.

>UM06
I just noticed that the card names in the text don't match the actual name of the card. Seems like a lot of trouble to go to just to make the text look a little nicer, but whatever. Commented on this one before, still looks fine, even after a slight decrease in cost. Hey, what did you think of that Bounty of the Luxa card? Wow, you're probably going to have people asking you about Amonkhet block forever now.

>UM07
Same as before.

>UM08
Unsure on cost. Idea is pretty good though.

>UM09
Hmm. Interesting combo. Curious as to how it plays. Wait, you used the ~ in the card text this time? Huh, guess you slipped up?

>>52854855
Oh, I did a card for this guy a while ago. Honestly can't remember what I was going for on this. I remember a conversation about Misthollow Griffin, but that's pretty much it.
>>
>3
>Artifact - Equipment
>As long as equipped creature is untapped, it has hexproof.
>Whenever equipped creature attacks, scry 3.
>Equip 2
>>
>>52854826
>Reverse Totem Armor? Eh, I think I'd rather just stick with Totem Armor.
Not quite. It's a blink rather than regenerate, so you could do some fun stuff with ETB triggers or what have you.
Inspired by totem armor though.
>>
>>52855149
>What about multiple permanents with the same CMC?
I want pinnacle to work only if you control the highest cmc among permanents, no ties. So I worded it to that end. I'm no judge, though, so if the wording is off a bit, I can adjust it.
>UM05
Yes, all spells targeting UM05 cost 2 more to cast. Serves as protection as well as a tricky way to push a spell up to five mana.
>I just noticed that the card names in the text don't match the actual name of the card.
I type the name out manually when the organizational tag adversely affects the templating of a card. Otherwise, I use the ~ shortcut.
>Wow, you're probably going to have people asking you about Amonkhet block forever now.
Yeah, I'm a little bummed that Wizards announced their egypt set right after I started this project. Still, I'm glad that I finished my first set before spoilers for Amonkhet dropped. I'm on track to finish the block before too long, too.
>Wait, you used the ~ in the card text this time?
Yeah, I use it when the name and the card's text are short enough that the card doesn't get crowded from using it.
>Alduin
It's a bit dull, really. Just a bigger Misthollow Griffin with a downside. Reminds me of the original Elder Dragons a bit.
>>
File: Black Death.jpg (57KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Black Death.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52859150
>Pinnacle
No ties? Eh, I feel like that limits its effectiveness. Anyway, I think wording in this case would be something like Selvala 2.
>if you control a permanent with converted mana cost higher than each other permanent's converted mana cost
Not entirely sure though.

>Alduin
Yeah, I'll probably just delete it later. I think it was just made to demonstrate an idea I had at the time.
>>
File: random ideas 1.jpg (289KB, 1500x523px) Image search: [Google]
random ideas 1.jpg
289KB, 1500x523px
>>52859953
I feel like this is stepping too close to just being Death Cloud. Sure you have to actually pay the price for each iteration whereas with death cloud you can manage to get it somewhat in your favor. But it's so similar an effect regardless that I'm not really seeing the point and feel like this is very near to strictly better. Not to be a dick or anything.

Also, I feel like you could ditch the first sentence; since, why would you cast it if you didn't want to do the process at least once.

>>52854520
Diggin it, though on militants, I'd put "final" journal entry, but, hey, that's just my sense of humor.

Gotta love evoke and replacement effects. Though burning secrets would somewhat worry me power level wise, it turns any draw spell, especially wheels, into a huge ritual. Only thing I would do is to make it not quite as good a body or to up his cost by 1. But I'm always so cautious that I have to fight the instinct to over cost things into uselessness so I could be wrong.

Here's some stuff for my graveyard focused set, set symbol now included. (meant to evoke an hourglass since the plane is dying)
>>
File: BW Uncommons in progress.jpg (209KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
BW Uncommons in progress.jpg
209KB, 1125x523px
Moving right along with BW uncommons.
>>52860063
My current wording is a bit more concise, so I'll stick with it until and unless some precedent pops up showing that it's definitely incorrect. Card space is definitely a premium. Thanks, though.
>>52860424
I added "final" to Militant's flavor text. I was worried that it wouldn't fit, but it worked out. Thanks!
>Burning Secrets
I might knock it down to a 2/2. I don't want to increase its cost unless I absolutely have to.
>Your cards
>Imp
Maybe "If ~ would enter the battlefield from anywhere other than a graveyard, sacrifice it." That's quite a bit shorter.
>Aether Rend
Feels way too swingy. Rarely worth it on an opponent's creature, and way too efficient as a token spell.
>Progenitor's Embrace
Too many advantages over Oblivion Ring without a subsequent increase in cost. 2 life doesn't matter if they have no board presence. With flash, hitting all nonland permanent types, I'd say a minimum of 2WW.
>lu01
Discarding a card isn't always a downside. The imp implies that you're going to have graveyard shenanigans in the set, so I'd keep a close eye on these. Very, very powerful.
>>
File: Image[2].png (111KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image[2].png
111KB, 223x311px
>>52861271
>With flash, hitting all nonland permanent types, I'd say a minimum of 2WW.
Anon, I....
>>
How much would this cost?
>RW (?)
>Enchantment
>Rare
>Each creature your opponents control has "This creature can't attack or block unless you pay X, where X is this creature's power."

>>52861271
>WB uncommons
First and third are cool, second confuses me.
>>
>>52862581
3W and 2WW are pretty close, man.
>>
>>52862775
>>52862581
Guys, I think I've figured it out. Limit it to Creatures and Walkers and you have something that compares unfavorably to hero's downfall at 1WW but has fringe upside utility.
>>
>>52862775
3W is a lot easier to splash than 2WW
>>
File: BG Uncommons in progress.jpg (212KB, 1125x523px) Image search: [Google]
BG Uncommons in progress.jpg
212KB, 1125x523px
Wrapping it up with BG uncommons
>>52862660
>second confuses me.
BW mechanic is convoke, so a lot of my BW cards reward tapping creatures or enable tapping/untapping creatures.
>How much would this cost?
It would cost more than Ghostly Prison, certainly. And more than Bedlam. Maybe 3RW-4RW?
>>52862912
Sounds like a plan, anon.
>>52863301
That's fair.
>>
>>52863437
Unearth on the aura will exile it before damage wears off at the cleanup step, which is important if the toughness boost was the only thing keeping it alive. This is why Armor of Thorns uses the cleanup step rather than the end step.
>>
>>52863979
Thanks. That certainly makes the current design a bit more obtuse, but not, I think, unworkable. What do you think?
>>
>>52860424
Casting the imp from a graveyard will still kill it. The stack is a zone. Alao, Imp is a type.
>>
>>52864079
Eh, it really bugs the Timmy in me. If it were me, I think I'd replace Unearth with
>2BG, Exile ~ from your graveyard: Target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn for each creature card in your graveyard.
>>
>>52864113
How does one phrase it then? Phage specifies cast from hand rather than enter from so I can't find an example
>>
File: 249.jpg (72KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
249.jpg
72KB, 312x445px
>>52864199
Repurpose this.
>When ~ enters the battlefield, unless it entered from your graveyard [...]
>>
>>52864169
I'll consider it, certainly. But unearth is a set mechanic and it has to have representation as well.
>>
>>52864272
Well, it's up to you in the end, it's your card, your set.
>>
>>52864397
Yeah. That's one of the frustrating things about setmaking, though; I have no doubt that your proposal is the better design for a single card in a vacuum, but I end up having to make compromises in individual design to better serve the set as a whole. It can be a pain.
>>
>>52864199
>>52864269
Sorry, let me try this again.
>When ~ enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless it entered from your graveyard or you cast it from your graveyard.
I think that should work.
>>
>>52864475
No toughness boost would eliminate most of the issues. Maybe replace it with a keyword like Trample?
>>
>>52863437
Self mill is not a real cost, and is often a bonus. Vanguard is simply a 4/3 trample for BG that sometimes dies to shock.
>>
File: Bend.jpg (47KB, 523x375px) Image search: [Google]
Bend.jpg
47KB, 523x375px
First go at this, though I couldn't find an Aftermath template for MSE. Is there any way I can abbreviate some of this?
>>
>>52865648
You are out of your damn mind if you think ANYONE is gonna try to read that.

Also split cards can't be permanents.
>>
>>52865648
Extremely awkward for a split card to be an enchant, although at least the other side isn't a permanent.

>bend
"If you don't control enchanted creature, it doesn't untap..." is the more correct wording.
Additionally, Blue should NEVER get fight, LET ALONE improved fight. Also, there's basically no reason to word it the way you did or have any of those abilities on that card at all. One "doesn't untap" clause is enough, you don't need more of them.

>Will
Oh, wait, this is an Aftermath card? Okay, still kind of awkward that one side is a permanent, but let's see.
>exiles only to return itself
No. This card is trying to do way too many things and be the answer to everything. Even at mythic, a card should not do that.

What this -should- be:
Bend:
Enchant creature. Tap enchanted creature, if an opponent controls enchanted creature, it does not untap during its untap step. Sacrifice Bend: [an effect Blue actually gets, like drawing cards, or maybe even countering a spell controlled by enchanted creature's controller].

Will: Deal 2-3 damage to target creature and tap it. Drop the return clause.
>>
File: Make something a spellskite.jpg (39KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Make something a spellskite.jpg
39KB, 375x523px
>>52866213
This better?
>>
>>52864973
Self mill is definitely a cost in limited
>>
Is there any m15 high res template for magic set editor?
>>
>>52867636
Not officially. The dude who is managing MSE now is afraid of WotC litigating against him for counterfeit cardmaking so he got rid of all the hi-rez stuff. People made their own, and a few people here use it, but it is buggy. I think there is a link in the OP to a Mediafire of it?
>>
>>52867711
Yeah, I'm aware the Admin doesn't support hi-res templates. The ones OP posted are modern-style though and they are great, but I'm looking for M15 style high res if they exist, which I dont know. Thanks anyway man
>>
>>52867741
No I meant there was a guy that made one but maybe it wasn't for MSE.. could have been for Photoshop? I thought it was in there with the MSE templates.
>>
>>52807314
3 starting loyalty.

putting a limit on her ultimate would be wise ( sacrifice up to 4 permanents and destroy that many), especially a low limit if you plan to keep her starting loyalty at 4.
>>
>>52829250
idk, sounds way too powerful, what if we kill the scry?

perhaps just drawing the creature would be fine, i mean afterall it also ramps your shit so drawing cards is fine.
>>
>>52829262
why not istant?
>>52829278
i like it.It might end up suffering from " no decks want it" syndrome, but it definetely delivers an interesting line.
>>52829294
6 flying power for 6 in black is definitely above the curve, but probably ok in cube. but the suspend? oh god it's too much setup for it, no one is ever going to use it. drop the 13 meme, or make it do something cool when you remove 1 time counter.
Or even better give it "sacrifice a creature: remove 1 time counter from this", this way it becomes a sac enabler for decks that want it.
>>52829312
fine, but not that exciting, wording for tokens now is "create"
>>52829330
i like it, definitely the kind of fun you might want to try in a cube.
>>
Ruling question.

Say a creature has Embalm. I have an enchantment out that says "If a creature would be exiled from anywhere, shuffle it into its owner's deck instead."

Does Embalm still work?

Embalm wording: Embalm X (X, Exile this card from your graveyard: Create a token that's a copy of it, except it's a white Zombie Bird Warrior with no mana cost. Embalm only as a sorcery.)
>>
>>52870841
technically, no, since a Creature is only a creature on the battlefield. It would require a ''Creature Card''.
>>
>>52870858
Okay, but I'm more asking about if the mechanics of Embalm still work in this case.

I know usually if a replacement effect replaces a cost, the cost is still considered paid, but things like Emblam seem a little different in how they're phrased.
>"Exile THIS CARD from your graveyard: Create a token that's a copy of IT"

Would the game still be able to track the "IT" for the token copy if the card wasn't actually exiled? Or would the Embalm just fail without a "THIS CARD" in exile to point the "IT" at?
>>
>>52870841
>>52870921
I believe it would still work for the same reason "Sacrifice this" effects still work even with Rest in Peace on the battlefield. The exile is a cost, but the card doesn't need to actually be in exile for the rest of the effect to work.
>>
>>52870841
>>52870921
I assume that the embalmed card would be shuffled into the owner's library as a replacement, but the token would still be a copy of it (except mono-White and a Zombie in addition to other types) because Embalm would check the last known characteristics of the card as Embalm was activated.
>>
>>52870921
>>52871027
Oh, and on "IT", the game should be referring to the last known information of the card, its state while in the graveyard. Which should mean that if you use something that changes its copiable values in the graveyard it should affect the copy. For example, we use Ashes of the Fallen and choose Brushwagg. The token created by Embalm should be a Zombie Brushwagg in addition to its other types.
>>
>>52871174
Alright, makes sense.
Thanks.
>>
>>52871277
No problem. Oh, and if you wanted to stop Embalm entirely, you'd have to prevent a zone change from taking place. So, something like
>Cards can't leave graveyards.
or
>Cards can't be put into exile from graveyards.
>>
File: Bomb Collar.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bomb Collar.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
>>
>>52871957
Feels very red what with the coinflip.

Also, this is just me but I would make the flip happen at end of combat and also blow up anything that blocked it or that it blocked. Just to add in the kind of mood something like bomb collar would create while also adding some extra utility.
>>
>>52872028
Or maybe after blockers are declared instead of after combat.
>>
File: Bomb Collar2.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Bomb Collar2.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
>>52872028
>>52872046
Hmm, now I'm wondering about using it on your own creatures.
>>
>>52872315
That was the idea. I like "removal" that has legitimate reason to be used on your guys.

Think about it, this now essentially locks down an enemy creature or gives one of your guys unblockable unless the opponent is willing to take a chance. I'd probably make it 1r since comparisons to ice over can be made where this loses the guarantee lock down but has other options.
>>
File: Jenna Duffy Carpenter3.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jenna Duffy Carpenter3.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
Blurgh, bump. Carpenter, she makes villain lairs and deathtraps. Was thinking of making something more like Kaboomist, where you sac the token to hit an attacker.
>>
File: Justin Ballantine Libra.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Justin Ballantine Libra.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
Symmetrical Ward of Bones that also affects planeswalkers. No idea on cost, hoping that making it symmetrical bumps it down a bit, but I felt like this was a really good way to get across this guy's obsession with balance.
>>
File: 1234.jpg (243KB, 1500x523px) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
243KB, 1500x523px
There I am, the Concentration anon here with his post:
Mechanic wise I wanted to recreate the feeling of monks channeling their inner energies to then deal a really powerful blow. Also there are other cards that would interact with Concentration in various ways that would reflect the fluff I wrote. Also I wanted to create an opposite mechanic to the black one of the set I'm making, that is basically gathering many -1/-1 counters on creatures, a total opposite to it would be a temporal +X/+X bonus, exactly what Concentration is.I thought that creating it the way I did would be ok mechanic wise because It would give the information of the threat before the actual threat, so the opponent would have time to prepare and if he didn't it would only be his fault. Also, I thought of it to be used in a Limited/Block enviroment, also because the set has many parasitic abilities.
Fluff wise, the Ts-Gu-Hi is 1 of 5 monocolor factions in the set, the 5 factions just fight for Supremacy and they think to be the next step of human revolution, the poor Humanity has to deal with all the factions out of fear and many just joins them so they will not be "bullied" anymore. The Ts-Gu-Hi is a order of monks that use Concentration to connect into a sort of hive mind thought sharing, where they develop and share new techniques, as well as trying them in their "imagination". Because of this they are referred as The Ts-Gu-Hi, like one kind of entity. The Older Monks are able to "Upload" their conscience in this network, achieving relative immortality. There there are some example of cards I had in mind, please give me your feedback, but please, I would like to make my mechanics better instead of copy pasting and just giving up on them. Also, sorry about my wording, I play magic for a really long time, but I'm not an English native speaker, so I don't have many English cards to begin with, but I look up on Gatherer to find similar examples everytime I think of a new card to avoid mistakes.
>>
>>52877802
Forgot to add "Until the end of the turn" to the last one.
>>
>>52877802
The issue I have with these cards is how parasitic they are. None of these cards mean anything outside of the exact deck they're made for because their synergies can't apply to anything outside themselves.

Perhaps changing their mechanics to involve more prevalent game actions like tapping, untapping, attacking, or blocking and some of these mechanics specific benefit cardsproviding benefit around the appropriate action / if used on the tribe.

Turning concentration into a psuedo keyword like landfall that involves tapping seems like a good direction to take for your mechanics. As it turns any vigilance or untap effects into tribal synergy without requiring it to only synergize with itself.

Beyond that you've got solid cards, I'm just worried about the state of the mechanics.
>>
>>52877802
You're combing tribal plus reliance on a keyword that isn't supported outside your set? Beyond parasitic. People complain about stuff like the Gates from Ravnica or Arcane, but this is even worse. I'd cut out all the tribal aspects and change it to work with Exhaust. Also, I don't think Technique needs to be a thing.
>>
File: Uhr-Shi Harsh Master.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Uhr-Shi Harsh Master.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>52878258
Would you make an example of the idea you had in mind using >>52821473 as an example?
Also, how would you adapt the Hivemind card? Would you just remove the mana limitation? Wouldn't it be too strong and maybe not white?

On top of my mind, what do you think of these:
Mental Link (This card gets +1/+1 for each tapped creature that shares the same creature types with it, if you didn't attack with it last turn)

Concentration X (This card gets +X/+X if it didn't attack the last turn it could).
>>52878517
What makes you think that Exhaust will become a supported mechanic in the future? Do you consider every single set exclusive abilities to be parasitic? Technique was more of a flavour kind of aspect of the card, so it may go away.

Also, other monk card I made two years ago.
>>
>>52880023
(Whoops, said Exhaust when I meant to say Exert, my bad.)

Take a look at Channeled Hivemind. It needs you to have both a Monk tribal focus and use a specific keyword for it to have absolutely any use whatsoever. Even if you drop the Monk tribal, it still needs other cards to support it. Let's contrast this with two cards from Amonkhet, Battlefield Scavenger and Trueheart Twins. Notice that they're somewhat similar in that they trigger off an ability. But here's another thing: They trigger themselves. Which makes them so much more Hivemind, which I remind you needs support in order to do anything.
>>
>>52880270
>Which makes them so much more Hivemind
Meant to say "Which makes them so much more useful than Hivemind"
>>
File: Knight of Tranquility.png (295KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Knight of Tranquility.png
295KB, 375x523px
>>52880023
Honestly, this card has memory issues. Keeping the board as simple as possible is always a good idea, and counters are a good way to keep track of something as being different than its "base form". This does the opposite so it can lead to potential confusion. There's a reason Renown and Monstrosity work like they do.

From what I've read of Concentration (as you have it currently), I personally don't care for it. I think Exert is what you want, but I at least sort of see where you're coming from with your arguments. Your suggested change here is again just another reason to possibly use Outlast instead, or something like it. Maybe instead of the mana cost on Outlast, to differentiate Concentration, you can combine it with Exert:

Concentration X(You may tap this creature and choose not to untap it during your next untap step. If you do, put a X +1/+1 counters on it.)

Something like this might work.

Mental Link is just too wonky, in my mind. You have to count tapped creatures AND know if they didn't attack last turn as well? Too much info and too parasitic to boot. I agree with >>52878258 on that parasitism issue, and it becomes hard to judge power levels on cards when they are so intertwined with each other. It's the issue WotC had with Arcane/Splice and why those cards are so bad; they were overly conservative with them because they couldn't be sure how strong they would be due to all the interactions with themselves, and they were useless outside Kamigawa. The thing you want to aim for with sets with tightly-interlaced mechanics is to be sure those mechanics function outside the set too, so as to be appealing to the player base since they can use those cards with other cards. Now, we're custom cardmakers here so we don't HAVE to do that, but it's just generally more appealing to more people if they can look at a card, custom or otherwise, and try to make it work with other cards that aren't only part of the set it came from.

My $0.02 anyway.
>>
>>52880514
>Mental Link
No, you just need to count the card attacking for the "didn't attack last turn", and most of the times it's quite easy, because you just need to see if it's tapped or not.
>What about tapped effects
I may change the effect to be "If you didn't untap it this turn" so it would be even easier.
>Counting creatures
I may agree with you if you had to costantly count the amount, but you just need to do it once per turn.
>Harsh Master Memory issues
I may try to reword it and making it like:
>If a creature has 2 or more training counters it is a monk and has Concentration
So the counters would make it easier to remember.

What do you think about the other iteratiion of Concentration?

>>52880270
I'm taking a look, I'll try to rework Hivemind in order to make it have some sort of effect even without other cards, and I understand your point I think you are right.
>>
File: Roy Harper Arsenal3.jpg (60KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Roy Harper Arsenal3.jpg
60KB, 375x523px
This version of Roy is based a lot on the version of him in RHatO, where he made robots and was the resident tech expert.

Oh, and since we're talking about Exert, should that be the edition of the next thread? Or maybe something else?

>>52880514
>Knight of Tranquility
Really liking this one.
>>
>>52880787
>Mental Link
Ah, I see. Doesn't really change my opinion of it much. Compare it to something like Exalted, where it doesn't care about creature types or tapping or anything. When you boil it down, they aren't very different. Exalted wants a creature to attack alone. Mental link is basically doing the same thing in that it wants you to Concentrate your creatures for maximum effect, which means they aren't attacking. Now Mental link is a bit more flexible because it has no restrictions and you can have two creatures with it swing and get benefits from the other creatures you have that are Concentrating, but you have to think about potential board states and if the extra complexity demanded by Mental link is worth the added benefit. Personally I think you could do away with all the tribal nonsense and just say:

Mental link (This card gets +1/+1 for each tapped creature you control.)

Though, I'd change the name personally because I don't really see a flavor connection.

>Concentration
I did tell you what I thought about it, including the new one.

>Master
Keeping the counters would make it easier but it also prevents you from using +1/+1 or -1/-1 counters so be aware of that.

>>52880814
>Roy
I think he seems alright though I'd actually make the equip on the second ability compulsory to keep him in check a little.

>Knight
Thanks man.

>thread edition
Exert is fine, I suppose. Or tapping/tapped mechanics that don't actually demand a tap as a cost? Like Inspired and Exert?
>>
>>52881508
>I think he seems alright though I'd actually make the equip on the second ability compulsory to keep him in check a little.
OK. I guess that would mean wording it something like
>Choose target Equipment you control that isn't attached to a creature. Create a 1/1 colorless Servo artifact creature token and attach that Equipment to it.
Otherwise needing to target an Equipment becomes kinda pointless, since all you need is a single Equipment to keep passing around to Servos. Hmm, maybe 0/0 tokens and they have to live off the Equipment boost?
>>
>>52881679
It depends on the flavor of what he makes. If he's just automating weapons basically, then yeah, making him do Living Weapon would be fine, or you could also have him be UR and do the Ensoul Artifact thing. I'm mostly just musing.
>>
File: Uhr-Shi Harsh Master.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Uhr-Shi Harsh Master.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
>>52881508
Without the Tribal condition the card can basically boosts on everything, even on itself, and I consider it to be too much powerful and flavor lacking, a nono.

I think that the second Concentration fixes the problems of wording and complexity of the older one, I can understand why you are seeking to make it counters and permanent boost based, but as I said in the first post, it's not what I seek.
It's more about >Focus>Powering Up>Deal Blow>Blow off the steam>Repeat

>It will prevent it from using other counters.
Don't you use different dice for that?
>>
>>52881757
Eh, I wasn't really going for that, just more like a token with an upside. Especially since running Equipment maked sense for him already.

OK, making a new thread soon.
>>
File: Divergent Transformations.jpg (55KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Divergent Transformations.jpg
55KB, 375x523px
The joke is that Power Girl is/was a version of Supergirl from an alternate reality.

NT: >>52882020
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 118

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.