[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Worsening Deals Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 65

File: Landos_bad_deal.jpg (295KB, 1920x1002px) Image search: [Google]
Landos_bad_deal.jpg
295KB, 1920x1002px
Previous thread: >>52479511

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

When was the last time you or your players got backstabbed, anon?
>>
>>52500829
At the end of running Jewel of Yavin, my GM had Shen turn us over to the Empire. He later contacted us after we escaped, and explained that he'd been made an offer he couldn't refuse, and that he'd actually orchestrated some of the things that led to our escape, and he had another job offer. We took his offer and then backstabbed him.

According to our GM after the fact, Shen was being 100% honest with us, and had several more lucrative missions planned.
>>
Daily reminder that Leia remembers her birth mother's face.
>>
>>52501439
Not so much.

She remembers that her mother was beautiful, but she doesn't say she remembers any details and no source in either Legends or Canon beyond RotJ has her instantly recognize Padme as her mother - though the NuCanon Leia comic does show that she thinks Queen Amidala of Naboo looks familiar.
>>
>>52501439

I guess you could retcon it into being that she's seen a picture of her.
But, I mean, yeah, it's common knowledge that Lucas fucked up with the prequels.
>>
>>52501679
>I guess you could retcon it into being that she's seen a picture of her.
Wouldn't Bail Organa or anyone else telling Leia who her birth mother was totally compromise the whole hiding the kids from Vader thing?
>>
Dark Greetings,

Anybody got some 77 point lists for me?

Currently considering super Dash and Ahsoka for Rebs, 2 x7 deltas and doom shuttle jr for imps, and mindlinked Fenn, Teroch, and Kaato for scum
>>
>>52501802

Pretty much.
But at the same time, Lucas is retarded.

Perhaps Organa just said "Yeah, this is your actual birth mother, she was a good friend of mine."
"But father, she looks like that Padma Amidala I saw on the History TriDeeChannel"
"Dont be silly dear, just a coincidence."
>>
>>52501439
Force visions, son
>>
File: knight-final3.jpg (5MB, 3300x5100px) Image search: [Google]
knight-final3.jpg
5MB, 3300x5100px
>>52500829

Repoastin >>52499846 cus it was after thread died. Post more character art.
>>
>>52502377
So Leia gets force visions of her mother's face, but Luke, the guy who's more in touch with the force than she is has no memory of Padme?

The only logical explanation is that the third act of RotS had to shoehorn in so much shit (thanks to Lucas being a shithead with the rest of the prequel trilogy) that Lucas forgot that Luke and Leia weren't twins, but he only had 30 minutes left in the trilogy to introduce them so fuck it.
>>
>>52501439
I always took it as Leia remembering her adoptive mother, not Padme. Or at least, that's what it would have to be after the Prequel shitshow.
>>
>>52502497

We 100% didnt need to see them being born, or them being sent away.
Like, it was totally fucking unnecessary.

Just have her disappear with Organa, and Kenobi with them.
The end.

We can infer that she died when Leia was young and she went to live with the Organas rather than with her in hiding, while Luke was taken away to stay with Kenobi/the Lars'

The whole fucking birth scene was abso-fucking-lutely retarded in every way.
>>
>>52502542
I personally would have preferred having Anakin and Padime having to hide baby Leia and then Padime getting pregnant with Luke in Ep3.
I agree with you that they didn't need to show as much as they did.
>>
>>52502532

Well hey this video neatly covers the whole lot, but more importantly, the line from Luke at the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwuOjhZK9LU

>Do you remember your mother? Your *real* mother?
Else I'd just read it as her remembering her adoptive mother, too. But it's definitely her 'real' mother.
>>
First for the Empire.

How have you served it today?
>>
Because during the writing of ROTJ, Mrs. Skywalker was suppose to be alive and went to Alderaan with Leia (see the transcript with Kasdan in Making of SW: Return of the Jedi). It's only until ROTS she died. Why the change? Probably because around the time of ROTJ, Lucas had a divorce and his wife/editor cucked him and walked away with half of his assets and he was forced to sell off several of his most valuable companies (including what became Pixar).
>>
>>52502608
Player of >>52502436 here. I served it by doing my damndest to pave the way for a Fel dynasty to take the Imperial throne.
>>
Anybody know where I can buy a rebel pilot helmet on the cheap? It doesn't have to be replica quality or anything.
>>
>>52502660
You'll notice that this is also the same time that instead of love being the thing that saves the galaxy, love and all other emotions are evil and relationships are forbidden. The good guys are the stoic, emotionless warrior monks and the bad guys are the ones who are passionate and filled with ambition and drive.

It's also the same time that the acting and lines get really, really bad with none of the camp to carry it this time. Lucas is probably on the spectrum, and he relied on his wife to add human touches to the films. For example, Lucas wanted to scrap the kiss for luck in ANH, because test audiences laughed when it happened. His wife had to explain to him that they weren't laughing AT the scene, but because it was unexpectedly touching and sweet. She also kept him from pulling the mouse droid scene, because it was funny.

TL;DR Lucas is really shit at reading emotions and understanding how they work, likely because he is literally autistic. His wife helped him along in this area during the OT, and her absence for the PT is a large part of why it was such shit.
>>
>>52502832

Depends how cheap is 'cheap'.
There's a guy who has a store on Etsy who sells all the bits to make your own helmet - basically a kit, which shouldnt be too out there for a fa/tg/uy.

Those are about £60ish last I looked.
I keep coming > < this close to getting one to build and paint.
>>
IG-88A
How does it work if he cripples a huge ship section?
>>
>>52503334
His pilot ability doesn't trigger since he hasn't destroyed anything
>>
Anybody who's read the books know enough to tell me what Esege Tuketu's paintjob on his K-wing is based on? Looks like some kind of 4-eyed snake or flying reptile
>>
So I'm starting an Edge of the Empire game soon and I kinda want, for some reason, to try a character based around throwing weapons. Is this viable at all? If so, what class would be best for it?
I'm pretty new to the system.
>>
>>52504436
What kind of throwing weapons? Are you carting around a bag of grenades? Do you want to werf flammen?
>>
>>52500829
>When was the last time you or your players got backstabbed, anon?
It's a continuous process. When you're fighting the Empire, every alliance is temporary.
>>
>>52504436

Somebody with Ranged (Light) probably. There are boomerangs, throwing knives, atlatls and stuff in various splats, and I believe that's the general skill pool. If you're not throwing grenades your damage spectrum might be a little low but you can have some fun.
>>
>>52504538
Knives would be neat. And grenades for when heavy firepower is required.
I don't even know if it's an option, to be honest.
>>
>>52504613
EotE's Hired Gun Demolitionist and AoR's Engineer Saboteur both grant bonuses to using explosives, so if you can maintain a steady supply of explosives, those should work well. IIRC, Demolitionist also has things that reduce friendly fire risk from your own explosives, so that could make grenades even more viable as a primary weapon.
>>
File: dyno-might.jpg (85KB, 500x673px) Image search: [Google]
dyno-might.jpg
85KB, 500x673px
>>52504436
Book you want is Fly Casual- career Gunslinger

Now, it is based on shooting punks, but Ranged Light is used for throwing stuff and the book also has throwing knives so there's no reason it won't work with them either. Plus it has Quick Draw and Improved Quick Draw so you can whip them out, Quick Strike for more pain and Lethal Blows to really bring the pain.
The knives aren't 'cheap' at 65C each, but they do Str+1 damage out to Short range, so it would mean you're probably looking around Str 3, Agility 3 or so to maximise your chance to hit and really hurt someone.
What it does mean though is they're fairly quiet compared to a Blaster going off, so it could be a fairly effective way of getting rid of a guard or sentry without his mates cottoning on or making too much noise. Worst comes to worst, you can throw grenades like crazy...

The other thing I was thinking was the Gunslinger + Force Sensitive Exile, which also has quick draw, but you can get that cheaper in GS and skip over it- the real MEAT is the touch of fate, uncanny reactions, superior reflexes and sixth sense in that career.
However- get the force power Enhance (AoR core book) so you can commit force points into Brawn and/or Agility later on.
The tactical advantages of Force Leaps are not to be underestimated!
Don't forget you can Pilot Space with GS and there are some Enhance powers which will help there too.
>>
File: 1487779521473.jpg (36KB, 680x446px) Image search: [Google]
1487779521473.jpg
36KB, 680x446px
>>52504925
>or making too much noise
You see, Ivan, no worry of making too much noise when enemy loses hearing to flashbang.
>>
>>52502532

Remember Yoda's spiel. The force can show you the future AND the past, and people long gone.
>>
>>52505000
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
We are shaking no boys when Jenny loses earing?
You fucking crazy Sergai
>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52504702
I'd probably try and keep explosives as a last resort thing, to be honest. Discretion will be useful in the campaign I'll be part of.

>>52504925
Sounds pretty great! Thanks for the info. I won't be picking up any Force based things though, for setting reasons. My DM already allowed me to play a Miraluka, and I feel like that was pushing the limits of what was allowed already.

Gunslinger looks real good though, thanks again.
>>
>>52504436
Anything is viable in this system. Unless your GM is an idiot who thinks this is d20, you'll be fine.
>>
>>52505107
That's what I was told, but I couldn't really see anything in the core rulebook that worked really well with what I had in mind. Notably the lack of throwing weapons.
>>
>>52505129

Well, core has the Bola/Net, which has it's own uses.

Check this link out for more stuff: http://swrpg.viluppo.net/equipment/weapons/

The throwing dagger specifically is in Fly Casual, I think - which obviously you would need to get Gunslinger.
>>
>>52505129
I know throwing weapons show up in the various career books, but you can easily make stats for anything. Also you can use coat them in poison.
>>
>>52505129
Improvised weapons (pg212 EoTE CRB)
They have a fairly low Critical chance (5) and break easily, but throwing a TV, brick or chair at someone will fuck their shit up. Plus at some point in a cantina you're going to need to glass a cunt with a bottle or beer stein.

>Everything is weapon!
>>
>>52505104
Bounty Hunter Assassin is also good for what you want. It depends on what you want to do aside from throwing knives. You can easily fill a social role on the illicit side of things.
>>
>>52505197
>http://swrpg.viluppo.net/equipment/weapons/
Woah, they're actually pretty good.
Thanks for that. I also saw a bunch of neat shit I could use.

>>52505230
That's pretty good to know.

>>52505319
We're part of the Imperial Internal Affairs Department
>>
>>52505476
>Imperial Internal Affairs Department
Kallus was in that so you can have unique weapons at least. You can still use illicit skills I guess. It's hard to make a Imperial game feel right with EotE though. AoR can't really do it well either.

I like the Imperial procedures, neatness, stuff and I don't like when players try to get out of it
>>
File: imperial duty table.pdf (817KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
imperial duty table.pdf
817KB, 1x1px
>>52505750
>AoR can't really do it well either
Swap Duty tables. Problem solved.
>>
>>52505979
The game is more than a duty chart. You don't have as much flexibility, and a lot of players/GMs can't adapt to it.
>>
>>52506090
>You don't have as much flexibility
How so? Most of the classes and mechanics are faction-neutral and the source books contain plenty of Imp tech. AoR is already military-flavored. The only thing that needs any actual change is Duty. If a player/GM can't adapt to something as minor as Impside play, then that's their problem, not the game's.
>>
Anyone got a writeup for tiss'shar and Ssi-ruu/ssi-ruu tech? I've seen two homebrews for tiss'shar so far, but they're old as fuck.
>>
>>52506343
The game itself is flexible, but Star Wars really isn't. Imperials are a lot more formal and regulation heavy than rebels, so you need to take more liberties to do what you want. You don't really get a diverse level of play, or something that's fun/fair for everyone.
>>
>>52502590
There's still room for miscommunication here:
>Luke, knowing that they're siblings
"Do you remember your mother? Your real mother?
>Leia, thinking of Bail Organa's first wife, who died when she was four or something
"Only a little etc... etc..."
>>
>>52505750
>hard to make it feel right

Dude, there are Motivations already in place for Empire-supporting characters. AOR is also military themed but includes stats for both Imperials and Rebels. It's really not that hard to come up with an Imperial campaign setting.

>>52506576
The age-old problem with Imperial campaigns is that the players may feel that they have an unfair advantage and get bored, since they're playing the dominant military power as opposed to guerrilla insurgents, so there's a power disparity there. Fixing it easy, though.

Set your game after Endor when the Empire and Rebellion were on an equal footing thanks to the Emperor's death and the fragmenting of warlords and factions within the Empire. Or, make your characters a special group sent in to infiltrate heavier installations and regions of Rebel control. Or, have your character be sent in and then things go bad and they're left in enemy lines, fighting their way out or to turn the battle around and disrupt the enemy forces from the inside. Have the players be prisoners of the Rebellion and have them organize a prison escape or riot. Have them be tasked with delivering some very important plans that are top secret, then they suddenly find Rebel agents relentlessly pursuing them. Have them be aboard a Star Destroy that gets overwhelmed and disabled by ion attacks and crashlands on a planet, the players escaping or somehow surviving and having to deal with huge numbers of Rebels moving down to neutralize the crew and loot the wreckage. Have the players be part of the Imperial Civil War itself, forced to choose sides when the leaders of the Empire start infighting. Have them be lone agents sent after a Separatist holdout, a renegade Republic force, or a particularly dangerous Rebel cell. Have them face off and contend with the main characters of the OT. With a little creativity and effort, anything you can do as a Rebel soldier you can do just as fun with an Imperial soldier.
>>
File: terminal lance leave blocked.jpg (326KB, 1500x762px) Image search: [Google]
terminal lance leave blocked.jpg
326KB, 1500x762px
>>52506576
I don't know, Terminal Lance: The RPG sounds like a recipe for fun if you have a competent and knowledgeable GM. There are also plenty of stories where Imps get some some autonomy. ImpInt agents like Lara Notsil had plenty of freedom to accomplish their goals while infiltrating Reb/NR forces. Imperial Commandos and SCAR troopers display a decent amount of diversity in skill sets. Treat it as Only War wearing a Star Wars skin and it becomes a lot easier. The Imperial Civil War period lets the players throw off some more shackles, too.
>>
So attack squadron had neat repaints planned. They had rebel ties before it was cool.
>>
File: iron fist cover.jpg (785KB, 1255x2000px) Image search: [Google]
iron fist cover.jpg
785KB, 1255x2000px
>>52506768
Rebel TIEs have been around since the golden days of Legends.
>>
>>52506709
>Dude, there are Motivations already in place for Empire-supporting characters. AOR is also military themed but includes stats for both Imperials and Rebels. It's really not that hard to come up with an Imperial campaign setting.

It's not hard, but you just don't have the same options unless you're prepared for certain levels of play. Especially if you have to restrict yourself to a setting.

>The age-old problem with Imperial campaigns is that the players may feel that they have an unfair advantage and get bored, since they're playing the dominant military power as opposed to guerrilla insurgents, so there's a power disparity there. Fixing it easy, though.
It's easy if you go post Endor, sure. But if you have to restrict yourself to one moment of time, you're just trying to have your cake and eat it too.

>>52506719
I know stuff like that is possible, so some of this is just me being personally against players going against the Imperial aesthetic. A lot of these examples feel like the authors were trying to make the Empire into something it's not. I don't even like those new super troopers in the Marvel comics.
>>
File: 1488248087050.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1488248087050.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>52506835

>having your cake and eating it too
>restricting to one setting
>against players going against the imperial aesthetic
>something it's not
>doesn't like kreel

I honestly can't tell what the hell you're even trying to say.
>>
>>52506768
>>52506791
I'm aware I just thought this was a cool paint job. Actually, a bunch of em look cool shit I may have to repaint my xwing minis.
>>
>>52506768
Say I can't make out the aurebesh on this bomber skin. Halp?
>>
>>52506835
What are you on about? The Empire isn't a bunch of droids who only do exactly as they're told, when they're told it, to the letter of what they're told. Even the most rigid of militaristic regimes will understand that the grunts need to be able to think for themselves, make their own decisions, and goof off every now and then.
>>
>>52506576
Option there is to follow what a lot of Imperials did when disenfranchised with their lot in life or pushed to do things they don't like- they become rebels
Lot of rebels are ex-imperial, maybe they're part of Madine's bunch or simply strike out on their own against their former masters.
>>
>>52506946
Personality wise, you're right. Anyone can make a good character with a personality, but you still need to follow dress codes and unit organization. Your options are limited and that's the point. You're still the Empire and must act like it, at least when on the clock.
>>
File: Aurebesh-GMSR.png (93KB, 1327x945px) Image search: [Google]
Aurebesh-GMSR.png
93KB, 1327x945px
>>52506925

That's an Advanced, but I think it says
BRMNE in the repeated text and maybe
"CA-R---A- RUNNER" in the line on the side. Oh and a big credit symbol. The paneling texture blurs the first word too much for me to follow it.
>>
File: mfw that mustache.png (696KB, 769x720px) Image search: [Google]
mfw that mustache.png
696KB, 769x720px
>>52507080
>you still need to follow dress codes and unit organization
Same goes for regular Rebel grunts and fighter pilots once you get to the Rebellion's official frontline units. It hasn't stopped anyone from enjoying Only War or Generation Kill. Dress codes are irrelevant unless it's for comedy value, Imperial armor comes in a wide variety of styles, and unit organization does not necessarily have any bearing on player independence. It is still logical for the Empire to give players an objective and not care how it's accomplished, as long as it's accomplished. Stress the importance of individual initiative, opportunistic action, and independent thinking at the squad level--the Wehrmacht had a similar philosophy for its infantry doctrine. Give the players an objective, but let them accomplish it however they want. It's not a full sandbox, but a structured sandbox can be just as good, if not better.

And give them shit to do off the clock. The hijinks that result from a stormtrooper pub crawl can be just as fun as handing the players free rocket launchers and telling them to go nuts on Hoth.
>>
>>52506948
The whole "no one plays Imperial without defecting" meme is a shitty one. There is nothing wrong with having a campaign of true-to-heart Imperial forces. Having an Imperial soldier but then having them defect is just insanely boring, and it's been done to death in the EU anyway.
>>
>>52507256
>mfw scout troopers stationed on byss were bunked with regular stormtroopers
>mfw the scout troopers had most of the night to themselves off-duty because of their later training while the regular troopers had normal wake up at dawn army hours
>mfw the scout troopers would often ride their fucking speederbikes through army base hallways in the dead of night to fuck with them
>mfw soldiers in pajamas would come out of their rooms and yell and swear and complaint about not getting sleep at the scout troopers while the scouts laughed
>mfw the scouts were given lashes for it but said it was worth it because it a hell of a lot of fun for them

We need more EU Imperial humanization moments in nucanon for sure.
>>
File: image_ff8262cd.jpg (83KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
image_ff8262cd.jpg
83KB, 768x432px
>>52507339
forgot pic
>>
Any newer x-wing players who would be interested in a masterclass in the game via TTS?
Just wondering if this is a thing that there's any demand for.
>>
>>52507256
>Same goes for regular Rebel grunts and fighter pilots once you get to the Rebellion's official frontline units.
Not really. Rebels always have more individuality and ways to customize, from appearance to player roles. Even Clonetroopers can do this.

>Dress codes are irrelevant unless it's for comedy value, Imperial armor comes in a wide variety of styles, and unit organization does not necessarily have any bearing on player independence.
The Empire is built on dress codes. But it's not a real problem if you like how the Empire looks.

The rest of what you're saying doesn't match up with Imperial training.
>>
>>52507515
>doesn't match up

No, it kinda does.
>>
>>52507339
The Rogue One visual guide has something like that with the Tank troopers, though the specialized troopers usually rank higher than the regular stormtroopers.
>>
>>52507515
>The rest of what you're saying doesn't match up with Imperial training.
>Empire heavily inspired by Axis Powers
>Literally employs guys called Stormtroopers
>Not expecting someone to use Wehrmacht infantry doctrine as an example
Stormtroopers aren't mindless droids. They're still meatbags with the ability to think critically when not held back by writers. And seeing as FFG just offers a generically named armor instead of breaking things down into individual, unique stormtrooper uniforms, then dress codes are irrelevant. The players are automatically dressed according to the needs of the job. Tabletop RPGs aren't even a medium where fashion sense is easily communicated. This isn't Fashion Souls.

>customize
Look at the grunts on Hoth, Endor, and the Tantive IV. They all still have a very distinct uniform. Same goes for OT starfighter pilots--each starfighter is connected to a distinct flight suit and helmet type. Helmets might see unique paint jobs, but other than that, the flight suits are relatively uniform in style and equipment.
>>
>>52507602
>Stormtroopers aren't mindless droids. They're still meatbags with the ability to think critically when not held back by writers.
They're not, but the training they go through largely strips them of their individuality.

>And seeing as FFG just offers a generically named armor instead of breaking things down into individual, unique stormtrooper uniforms, then dress codes are irrelevant. The players are automatically dressed according to the needs of the job. Tabletop RPGs aren't even a medium where fashion sense is easily communicated. This isn't Fashion Souls.
I agree here. I was arguing against players who think they can suddenly customize their armor like Clonetroopers. Though fashion sense is important in many trpgs.

>Look at the grunts on Hoth, Endor, and the Tantive IV. They all still have a very distinct uniform.
There's still a wide range of looks to achieve. You can also play as any species, and the group can also be made of players who are in different fields. They're a ragtag group with very limited resources and can afford to do that.

>Same goes for OT starfighter pilots--each starfighter is connected to a distinct flight suit and helmet type. Helmets might see unique paint jobs, but other than that, the flight suits are relatively uniform in style and equipment.
Not really. The looks of the pilots largely based on the squadron they're in. They're also able to customize their ship and form an identity there as well.
>>
>>52507813
>They're not, but the training they go through largely strips them of their individuality.

For the very highest ranks, otherwise all evidence to the contrary exists.
>>
>>52507971
if you're not an officer or in the ISB you're poop tho
>>
>>52508010
>what are stormtroopers
>what are scout troopers
>what are specialized stormtroopers
>what are stormcommandos
>>
>>52507813
>They're not, but the training they go through largely strips them of their individuality.
Maybe, but it doesn't strip them of decision-making skills. Training and experience would augment those decision-making skills rather than detract from them.You don't forge veterans by killing the ability to think. The officer who argues with Vader on the Tantive IV was 501st, IIRC, indicating that the Corps and Vader still value critical thinking.

>wide range of looks
Not as wide as the range of looks available to the Stormtrooper Corps. As we see in classic Battlefront, Galactic Battlegrounds, and various other Stormtrooper-heavy media, Imps are still capable of employing units with a variety of talents and gear. Every unit needs its combat engineers, snipers, medics, NCOs, riflemen, and heavies. The faction-neutral class system of the FFG RPGs still allows for a diverse array of talents.

>looks of the pilots
>customize their ship
Most of the time, no. Most X-wing pilots still wear the same general type of flight suit and the iconic helmets. Most starfighters are not described as being customized on an individual basis. The vast majority adhere to a single stock configuration for logistical ease. The only notable large-scale exception is early A-wings in Legends, but that was due to crews working with whatever parts they could scrounge. When Incom started making mass-produced Mk II A-wings, things were mass-produced and standardized.
>>
>>52508027
they're poop
>>
What happens to members of the Imperial military who fuck up and aren't a part of Vader's command? Do the still get killed, or just reassigned? Do they have dishonorable discharges?
>>
>>52508213
If you make a pun you get killed
>>
File: terminal lance 29 palms.gif (61KB, 700x355px) Image search: [Google]
terminal lance 29 palms.gif
61KB, 700x355px
>>52508213
If you're lucky and a pilot, you get sent to the pre-Fel 181st to live a life of hedonism and debauchery. If you're not one of the two, it's off to Twenty-Nine Space Palms.
>>
What's the fastest non-tie fighter ship I can fly so my rebel can show imperials how to zoom-zoom?
>>
>>52500829
/swg/, i have a question for you-

I want to repaint a pair of TIE/SF fighters for my X-wing fleet, as those 2 ships are the only ones that I have that aren't repainted (Royal Guard Gozanti was a pain)

Besides the Captain Phasma chrome scheme and Bloodstripes, what type of paint scheme modifications would a 'veteran' or ace TIE/SF pilot have on their ship?

Alternatively, what's a cool repaint to do to a TIE/SF?
>>
File: gotta go fast.jpg (93KB, 816x496px) Image search: [Google]
gotta go fast.jpg
93KB, 816x496px
>>52508290
Legends A-wing. Not many starfighters can beat those Event Horizons.
>>
>>52508064
nice bait
>>
>>52508290
>>52508360
Interceptors are still faster.
>>
>>52508393
Negative, Ghostrider. Legends As have higher acceleration and max atmospheric speed than squints.
>>
>>52508213
they get "promoted" to scarif.
>>
File: InertialDampeners-XWM.png (2MB, 1343x1439px) Image search: [Google]
InertialDampeners-XWM.png
2MB, 1343x1439px
>>52502608
Killed Rebel Scum today.

Whisper: VI, Tactician, Sensor Jammer, ACD
Kath Scarlet: Calculation, Flechette Cannon, Rebel Captive,
Academy Pilot

This list gives out a mind-numbing amount of stress. It's always glorious to see your opponent have 4 stress tokens on their ships.

Also the Academy Pilot gets all the glory when I win. Kath is a bounty hunter, and there is no such ship as a TIE Phantom. Repeating rumors is a serious offense.
>>
>>52502134
Sup Chumbalaya, i put some thought into it, and here's what I have to say-

Since all of these lists will be at least 3 ships (post draft) and will feature a PS 2-4 generic, (jousting) efficiency is going to be king.

For Scum, 2 TLT Y-wings (choice of Unhinged or R4) with N'dru (Chips, Homing or Cluster, choice of VI, Deadeye, or LW, Choice of Scav Crane or Glitter) is buildable to 77, and has an answer to pretty much everything.

For Empire, since you know you will oppose a generic each game, RAC is out. Howlrunner swarm is 1 point off from being able to afford 4 black cracks as well, and 1 point from being able to take Howl and 3 Crack FO/s with Weapons Guidance. 3 black crack, howl, and academy is an option.

Lastly, i can't really put up things for rebels besides something like Miranda (51) and Biggs(26). I don't play rebels, so IDK.
>>
File: m_2.jpg (665KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
m_2.jpg
665KB, 1920x1080px
>>52508355
?
>>
>>52508552
Painting dazzle camo would make me want to die. I don't have an airbrush either.
>>
>>52507100
Derp and I was just scolded someone for calling a bomber and Adv. And I go and do the opposite... Anyway yeah I figured the text didn't seem complete when I tried. Could it be Caravan Runner?
>>
>>52508355
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3qJDJ
http://starwarsattacksquadrons.gamepedia.com/Ships
>>
>>52508706

I don't *think* so, there's definitely another squiggle between the "Aurek" and the "Resh" symbols and I think there's more than that many letters. You are right, I think, in that the last letter is "N". The texture and coloration is making it really hard for me to pick out details though.
>>
>>52508523
>>52502134
Also, maybe an Upsilon shuttle and an ace, or possibly Yorr and Whisper for empire. You could run PTL ryad (she will out PS each drafted ship) and Swarm Leader Vessery with 5 points left over for his mod and initiative bids.

Or Swarm Leader Kylo for the big dice, paired with a defender.
>>
>>52508769
I might do pic relatef if nothing else shows up, with the blue swapped to royal guard red.-

Do you think that this will look good, as some of the panels will still be white? Or should I make the panels entirely red? Or just borrow an airbrush and do bloodstripes?
>>
>>52508900
I'm apparently a retard who can't attach images.
>>
>>52508915
Perhaps but only on the one side?
To match the stripe?
>>
>>52509042
>>52508900
Alternatively paint the whole panel red to match the red side of the cockpit.
>>
>>52500829
I am still in need of a Brawl build that will compete with people that have guns.

Nothing is off limits. Force powers, cross game specs, etc. I have thought Martial Artist plus Doctor for pressure point but fuck knows if I can make it better than that.

Help would be awesome!
>>
>>52502436

I like
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (521KB, 2900x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
521KB, 2900x1024px
>>52507287
Its a cliché- star wars is full of clichés

>>52508355
Old WW2 warbird colour schemes are great
>>
What's the best way to fix a loose x wing dial?
>>
>>52508523
>>52508825
Thanks for the input.

Generic dudes are good to fill out the list, I think. Can't really do too ace heavy at 77, maybe 1 or some pocket types.

I'll do a bunch of testing this week and see how it goes.
>>
https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Is mega down? Download won't start for me?
>>
>>52511083
Damn that's great. This one is old but one of my favorites.
>>
File: TheRevenge_2.jpg (113KB, 666x857px) Image search: [Google]
TheRevenge_2.jpg
113KB, 666x857px
>>52500829
Let's see. Two of their backstories were backstabbery. One was totally not a pirate in the past but his crew mutinied and stranded him so now he is trying to hunt them all down to get his space doubloons back.

The other, and this is the one that we rolled interactions with frequently, is the would-be heir to The space-Jacuzzi empire but a close friend of the family and former employee stole family secrets and had the family killed/relegated to destitution before creating his own Jacuzzi empire and buggering off somewhere. Now the character is trying to track him down and make him pay for what he did to his family and their thriving business empire.

The campaign went from being relatively wacky because of this and the third character's backstory but after a session or two, Jake, the totally-not-a-pirate, started acting very much like his backstory would suggest. When theyd capture someone to interrogate about the Jacuzzi stuff, Jake would incentivize the subject by holding their head underwater in a boiling-hot Jacuzzi which the group had modified to reach extreme temperatures. Then, once theyd get the information, he'd boil them alive anyway. It was very brutal.

Before the Jacuzzi empire player moved to Australia for his doctorate, they were about to start work for a Hutt in order to gain both a shitload of capital as well as information on not!pirate's storyline. I was going to have the Hutt betray them after a mission or two in order to receive an ever-rising bounty on the characters, which the missions he gave them would have skyrocketed this amount ten-fold.
>>
File: 1490793835708.jpg (166KB, 1181x1956px) Image search: [Google]
1490793835708.jpg
166KB, 1181x1956px
>>52502436
Got this done in a recent drawthread after noticing a lack of cool rebel soldier art
>>
File: TarkinAoRotS.jpg (76KB, 427x667px) Image search: [Google]
TarkinAoRotS.jpg
76KB, 427x667px
>>52512093

It's good art, and reminds me we need more Clone Commandos
>>
File: traxo002_by_haimamud-dajnyxc.jpg (104KB, 1024x1195px) Image search: [Google]
traxo002_by_haimamud-dajnyxc.jpg
104KB, 1024x1195px
>>
File: tumblr_lqkpboBmwb1qatgt2o1_500.jpg (387KB, 477x682px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lqkpboBmwb1qatgt2o1_500.jpg
387KB, 477x682px
>>52512742
>>
>>52511940
Thinking about it, you need to heaver-analyze this.

Figure out what everyone will be bringing, and bring what beats that-

I would guess that most of the lists that wil be brought are ones with large amounts of jousting efficiency, with a few mid-PS super ships (Asajj, etc). That, or they will be flying what looks like a bloated version of a meta list with a ship missing (Palp Ace, Double jumps, etc)

You need to make a list that beats that. Those lists that I posted last night? Thats likely what opponents will be bringing.

Alternatively, while you want to make your lists draft independent (not caring what you draft), you can likely make some choices, but that's a bit of a gamble.

Are the full list of draft-able ships posted somewhere?
>>
>>52511083

I couldn't tell if that was Tarkin or Sherlock Holmes as an imperial officer for a second there.

Then I realised I'm looking at Peter Cushing and the answer was "yes you are".
>>
So if hypothetically if someone was a key suspect in the escape of 500 force-sensitives from an imperial prison/inquisitorial training academy, and out of nowhere someone just sent ISB an message listing that person's known bases and hideouts, what kind of response would be expected of the Empire?
>>
>>52513849

Might vary from casual investigation, to highly trained strike teams, to base delta zeroing all listed locations.

Bottom line - it would draw a response.
>>
First time GM ever running the Eote beginner game and have a few questions. One of my players is playing a wookie shii cho knight. He took out extra morality to get a vibro ax and padded armor. So far he's been completely unstoppable. With 4 brawn and 3 melee he was able to kill an entire stormtrooper minion group in one attack since he rolled 3 successes, 3 advantages and a triumph. I am not sure what to do since the other players don't even get a chance to attack sometimes. Also how do you incentivise role playing especially out of combat?
>>
>>52514238
>Also how do you incentivise role playing especially out of combat?

Well, i mean other than just straight up asking them to do it (Im guessing the group is newbies as well, so they might not necessarily be used to it yet?), you can try stuff like giving rewards for it.
I usually give out extra exp at session end for anything I felt was particularly interesting / well thought-out roleplaying. Or, you could offer bonuses to rolls - stuff like "Yeah, you can tell the stormtrooper to get out of your way, that's a coercion check. But if you can roleplay out what your character says, you could earn yourself some bonuses depending on how well you word it."
Or something like that, you know?

As for your Wookie melee monster.
In fairness, a single Stormtrooper minion group probably SHOULD go down like bitches if you roll that well. I mean, 3 seccess, 3 adv and a triumph? Against minions? Theyre going down like zeltron hookers.

That said, there's a few things you can try.
First off, you can have some fights where he's at a disadvantage.
Like, the group gets caught unawares in a cramped space - the vibroax is a big weapon, and swinging it in a cramped corridor, or starship hallway, or back alley means setbacks with chances to damage the weapon or his allies if he rolls badly.

You can give enemies decently entrenched positions and good ranged weapons.
You can set a couple of rivals at them rather than a minion squad, or have a melee specialist Rival/Nemesis who will charge in and challenge the Wook to a fight whilst the party duke it out with the rest of the group.

Or just have minion enemies who arent a miniion group - they move separately, etc.
That way he cant gank an entire group in one seconds, the rest of the enemies can pop shots at him, and the rest of the party can pop shots back.
>>
>>52513849
I'd say it depends on how much the Empire trusts that source.
If it's anonymous or from someone they don't know, they'd probably quietly investigate a few of them.
If they trust the source, they'd act quickly, preparing a few ambushes in the places they are most likely to catch the guy.
If they don't trust the source, they'll probably try to determine who sent the data. It could be an associate of the target.
>>
>>52513461
We don't have the full list, just the stuff from the article. I'm treating the draft ship as a nice bonus since I can't plan on having the one I want.

Meta list jr is likely the order of the day, but we'll see. I'm just going to play a lot this week and see what feels good.

Worst case, I can always default to my comfort zone. Dash or Rebel swarm, interceptors, and jumps
>>
>>52514430
Yeah they are all newbs and thanks for the advice. I know that as a GM I also have to improve my own role playing other than just saying whether a check passed or not.
>>
>>52514695

It's something that comes with practice, so dont sweat it.

I feel like the only issue you might run into is that the Wook player might end up feeling like he's being 'punished' or something, so keep an eye out for him getting frustrated if things dont go his way.

In my group, I've got a pilot specialist who's an okay shot, an all-rounder who's okay at combat, a social specialist who's not a great shot at all, and a combat specialist who is murder-master.
Thus far, we've managed to have a number of sessions with no combat at all, but even the combat focus hired gun is having a good time becuase even though he isnt playing to his skills at all, he can roleplay into conversations with NPCs and shit, even if its not doing anything mechanically.

Basically, dont be afraid to just not have combat be a major focus - presumably your party has a bunch of different archetypes, so maybe focus a couple things to each of them.
What's the rest of your party's makeup?
>>
>>52514238
Honestly, combat in FFG's games is pretty brutal for everyone so I wouldnt sweat it. Having said that, combat is also just one part of the entirety of the game and should really be used sparingly when not in an AoR game (and usually even in those).

I would also not hesitate to use the Force Point Pool thingy to make checks harder, especially for players who have characters that can just up and destroy certain checks. It makes the game more interesting and adds to the fun when they succeed against dire odds.
>>
>>52514850

The thing with using the Destiny points is that if you're always upping the difficulty of his combat checks becuase hes a combat monster, the Wookiee player is likely to feel like he's being picked on.
>>
>>52514905
Only if you use them solely against the Wook. I meant that more as a reminder just to simply use the points in general. Ive played in a couple games where no one else used the points so they just sat there...being a completely unused mechanic that the GM couldve used to make things harder for us because he had all the points.
>>
>>52515186

Yeah, but the problem seems to be that the wook is a pimp in combat and the others very much arent - so using Destiny reds against the others in combat means they'll get fucked up, whilst the wook will just get a bit more of a challenge - meaning that generally, the level of participation in combat wont have changed.

If you meant 'used against them in non combat scenarios where they're the specialist' then yeah, that's fair, but even then the wook might take it personally. Depends on the player, really.
>>
You think imperials will get the V-wing since the rebels got the gunship?
>>
>>52515376
no
>>
File: v-wing airspeeder.jpg (239KB, 1475x1500px) Image search: [Google]
v-wing airspeeder.jpg
239KB, 1475x1500px
>>52515376
Why would an airspeeder be in a space combat game?
>>
>>52514833
A human seeker who is has a little of everything so is kind of mediocre at everything. A BH assassin with a heavy blaster rifle. He is pretty strong if he actually gets a chance to roll. Final player is really new so he just uses the pre-made mechanic from the beginner game.
>>
>>52515407
He's talking about the republic V-wing from the end of Ep3.

Dunno what rebels getting a wookie ship has to do with imps getting a late republic interceptor.
>>
File: Swx53_layout.png (618KB, 700x540px) Image search: [Google]
Swx53_layout.png
618KB, 700x540px
>>52515440

This is what rebels got

Maybe imperials get the V-wing since it's canon
>>
>>52515589
Imps were using the Arc-170 just as long as they used the V-wing.
It's more likely that if the V-wing gets introduced, it's another salvaged and retrofitted rebel ship.
>>
>>52515589
God that is a sexy ship.
>>
>>52515797
too bad it's a pizza shit and doesn't even get generic pilots
>>
File: K-Wing.jpg (210KB, 1200x791px) Image search: [Google]
K-Wing.jpg
210KB, 1200x791px
>>52515797
>>52515877
Also, the K-wing is superior in every way
>>
File: laughingx-32.png (106KB, 315x334px) Image search: [Google]
laughingx-32.png
106KB, 315x334px
>>52515897
>New Republic starship
>No hyperdrive
>>
>>52515920
Don't need a hyperdrive if you're the dominant fleet in the galaxy. Same reason TIEs didn't have that shit.
>>
>>52515797

>arc 170
>sexy

>>52515897

>k-wing
>sexy

You boys have some fucking weird fetishes, i'll tell you what.
>>
File: THICK.jpg (25KB, 244x294px) Image search: [Google]
THICK.jpg
25KB, 244x294px
>>52516121
They like thick girls.
>>
>>52516121
Leave my flying fortress in space alone! She's beautiful and I love her
>>52516154
>THICC
>>
>>52516154
>>52516165

Well, i mean, the Arc is a fat bitch but at least she has some lines to her.
Those little pop up sfoils are pointless, and Lucas just put them there to imply an X-Wing predecessor, but i mean, the basic curves of the wings are pretty okay.

The K-Wing however is absolutely disgusting. I have no idea what anyone was thinking when they designed that piece of shit.
>>
>>52516231
Could be a token attempt to have heat management gear. Legends X-wings' s-foils functioned as heat radiation fins, so the ARC's teeny baby s-foils can feasibly be explained in-universe as cruder, shittier versions of that design philosophy.
>>
>>52511317
Anyone?
>>
>>52516390
Buy an upgrade kit
>>
>>52516231
>The K-Wing however is absolutely disgusting. I have no idea what anyone was thinking when they designed that piece of shit.
It's a B-17 in space, nigger.
>>
>>52516514

Sure, in function.
In form, it's a shovel with wings, which also have wings, which have missiles. Also there's a ball turret at the front just tacked on.
It looks goddamn awful.
>>
>>52516231
Arc looks like a drunk designed her by crashing the X-Wing and Y-Wing together.
>>
>>52516533
That's how I feel about it too, I also think the placement on the top turret is completely retarded since it can't shoot backwards without hitting the wings or top engine.
>>
>>52516231
>I have no idea what anyone was thinking when they designed that piece of shit.

Someone saw an A10 and an Mi24 once and then the breeding program started
>>
>>52516595
>it can't shoot backwards without hitting the wings or top engine
>what is pitch
Also, the top bubble is the commander's seat, that turret is only gonna be used in an emergency.
>>
>>52514430
The major problem with splitting up minion groups into individual actors is that suddenly their attacks become utterly meaningless since they're only ever throwing (Agility) dice. Instead, consider using either larger Minion groups so more of them survive for the return fire (which will usually be devastating due to Group Skill rules), multiple Minion groups, add Stormtrooper Sergeants so you can get some maneuver/action economy with the minion 'troopers, or any combination of the three depending on the group's overall combat prowess. Individual actors should probably be Rivals scaled slightly weaker than the average Rival presented in the book.
>>
>>52501439
What are pictures? The Organa's were close with her. They would definitely have a picture with Padme
>>
>>52500829
How do I make a good villain that's an Empeor's Hand that wants to become a proper Sith under his and Vader's noses?

I definitely want it to be a thing that he's supposed to kill the party but isn't above sparing/working with them when it suits his goals
>>
>>52517048
But why the fuck would they tell her that Padme is her mother? That defeats the purpose of hiding her.
>>
>>52516277
>>52516231

Yeah, those are early gen S-foil tech, like the Eta interceptor has, to radiate the heat and stuff from the large wings and larger guns the ARC has.

Clearly, Incom perfected the technology in the next couple decades with the U and X wings. Like additional repulsor coils and shield nodes in the foil wings to give them different lift and shield envelopes.
>>
>>52502590
Don't. We've been through this. The other faggot is literally autistic and thinks his headcanon is valid because he could pull it out of his ass quickly to excuse George's idiotic plothole.
>>
>>52517131
>Refers to the prequels as a shitshow
>trying to excuse Lucas

Anon...
>>
>>52516514

That's literally the Ghost from rebels

K-wing is dogshit
>>
File: C3HdNS3XEAAgXK-.jpg (168KB, 1200x736px) Image search: [Google]
C3HdNS3XEAAgXK-.jpg
168KB, 1200x736px
>there's no such thing as the greyside they said
>>
>>52517339
B-17 = light freighter
good to know
>>
>>52516121
The ARC is like a muscle car, I love it
>>
>>52517363
his entire arc was about whataboutist middlism is just avoiding hard questions and important things by being powerful enough to stay out of things that matter
>>
>>52517363
Specifically with respect to the jedi order

No greyside with respect to the jedi
>>
>>52517374

http://www.starwars.com/news/from-world-war-to-star-wars-the-b-17-and-the-ghost

Calm youre autism
>>
So I have a question:

I'm looking over the AoR entry for the Interdictor class star destroyer and I'm confused at it's stat profile, namely it's firing arcs, it has 5 dorsal, 5 ventral, 5 port and 5 starboard and 2 aft quad lasers. except their firing arcs are:
> forward
> port and forward
> port and starboard
> aft

that 3rd one! what the hell is this? how does something have only a side-to-side firing arc and not a forward or aft arc as well? and a broadside would only have one side arc, not both! I thought this might be a typo except they repeat this in the Fly Casual book as well. Is there an errata on this? or any kind of explanation? Or does the interdictor truly have the most unintuitive weapon system in the whole empire?
>>
File: 1488230044824.jpg (228KB, 1493x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1488230044824.jpg
228KB, 1493x1195px
>>52517363
Hello Disney!!! There is no such thing as a grey side or even a light side. It's the force and the darkside is a malignant cancerous tumor feeding on and corrupting life and the force.
>>
>>52517594

It's probably a typo which was just a copy/paste error nobody caught. Proofreading is probably FFG's biggest problem in the RPG - that and not really having a great way to ask them "hey, is this right?" because sometimes stuff is.

I think given the "Forward and Port" before it, it's supposed to be "Forward and Starboard". The ventral and dorsal mounts are probably forward facing, and then the side guns can fire to the front or sides but not face aft, which is what the two aft guns are for. Apply logic and common sense liberally when using FFGs rules, do not be afraid to make the text fuck off to do something which makes more sense.
>>
I like the k wing.

I wanted a weapon rack and I got my gun powered craft
>>
I've recently started DMing Edge of the Empire and I've got a question

Is there anything stopping the party from just going to hyper space mid-combat? Is it just a single astrogation check to do that?
>>
>>52519091

They've also got to get up to speed, but yeah, it's pretty much an astrogation check.

That said, whilst in combat it'd presumably have setbacks on it for the added stresses.
Plus, if someone's in front of you when you try and hype you're just going to hit them at high speed. Which would hurt.
>>
>>52519091
i think it specifies in hte book somewhere that it takes like 10minutes
>>
>>52519446
cannot find it but keep table 7-13 on p.247 in mind when the players are making checks during combat
>>
>>52517595
>Muh Darkside cancer
>Yoda's arc this bullshit comes from isn't even internally consistent, let alone consistent with other Clone Wars garbage
>Tons of lines about Dark and Light in TFA
>Bendu uses lightning like it ain't shit

Cancerfags on suicide watch
>>
>>52519091
>Is there anything stopping the party from just going to hyper space mid-combat?
technically no, but you can make the check difficult, as is appropriate, and assume that it takes (x) rounds of combat to fully enter the coordinates, where 'x' is however many rounds you want them to suffer combat for. I'd recommend between 1-6 rounds, as by 7 rounds it's likely a pretty pitched battle and they are either nearly dead, or have resolved the combat already.
>>
>>52519699
See
>>52517423
Bendu went darkside because "muh inbetween"
>>
>>52519699
>>52519822

If you want to get technical, Bendu possibly didnt actually launch lightning.

Look at the Emprah or Dooku - they both fire lightning from their hands, directly into people's faces.

Bendu used the force to create a storm - that's a different thing.
Now, presuming that he cant just manifest a story through divine power, he must've used the force to do it. Presuambly via minute control over water molecules in the air, effectively creating a cloud the same way nature would at an accelerated rate. Then, that cloud made lightning so presumably he used the force to agitate the cloud, causing static, and then let that discharge where he wanted it to - again using the force.

The Emperor just goes "lmao fuck you" and fires lightning from his hand.

That is, by definition, a different kettle of darkside fish.
>>
>>52500829
I still say JEJ and Prowse should have come on as a pair of extra judges while Billy Dee was dancing with the stars.
>>
>>52517099
Bump
>>
>>52516514
The K-Wing is more like the A-10 with a B17/B-29 ball turret. And a top turret like a COBRA rattler.

>>52516595
>>52516651
Interestingly the top engine was SUPPOSED To be a bottom-engine in the book it first came from, attached to the bottom and angled to help pull out of a dive-bomb in atmosphere.
>>
>>52518431
This. I wanted a plane strapped to some guns, and I fucking got it.
>>
>>52513849

Send it in and do your part. For that many Force sensitive I think Vader himself would come thank you, on top of a few hundred thousand credits.
>>
So how many of you shitters would be free to play EotE tomorrow at 1400, GMT-4?
>>
>>52521057
Gotta give us more info than that anon.
>>
What are some good ideas for some infernal machines that a mechanically skilled dark side force user might make?

See one of the members of my force and destiny party started for some reason bobsledding into the dark side (no idea why, he just decided he was going to be dark side now) and ended up being immediately found out. His character fled and he made a new character to fit into the party since its now kind of hard to run his guy. Here's the thing, I don't want to write his character out and I think he'd make a nice good recurring antagonist (recurring of course if he lives past the first few encounters, lightsabers being lightsabers and all). The thing is he's not exactly recurring antagonist material and was in fact the weakest combatant of the party, being first and foremost a mechanic (and a very good one).

I want him to antagonize by making dark and wicked machines. He's a good mechanic but not yet an superhuman one, so like no star forges or planet eaters. What's some shit he could produce? Ideally thigns that might help him survive as well when the jedi do catch up with him? Ideally things they wouldn't just take afterwords and try to use on idk vader or something.
>>
File: Flame_Tank_1995.jpg (51KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Flame_Tank_1995.jpg
51KB, 600x400px
>>52521613
IN THE NAME OF KANE
>>
>>52521193
Edge of the Empire, 1400, GMT-4 on Tuesdays.

>Western game set on the fringes of unknown region. Exploration, dealing with natives, banditos, and all that classic stuff. You might not be good people, but since it's star wars you'll be fighting the good fight for honest people and their rights. Also possibly fighting not-Nazis in ancient native temples.
>>
>>52521914
What are the restrictions on characters?
>>
>>52521985
I only have the core book and still learning it, so I'm keeping it to the core only right now.
>>
I have the fighters, Small ships, and one additional ship for each side for Armada. Just got tabletop Simulator to be able to play the game on 6x3 (don't have a big table).

How irredeemably behind am I?
>>
>>52522122
So no gambler/gunslinger no thanks...
>>
>>52521914

I'd be tempted but for the fact that my schedule is all over the shop, so I couldnt say for sure if I'd be around again for another Tuesday.
Which is annoying, because man, I'd love to not be running every game ive ever played.
>>
>>52522193
Oh you're that guy who wants to run the broken gunslinger?
>>
>>52522636
How in the fuck is Gunslinger broken dude...????
>>
My group is going to be starting an Edge of the Empire game and I have been toying around with the concept of an ex-con (or escaped convict) from an outer rim penitentiary where a shaman of the Whills is/was interred and taught/converted a bunch of force sensitive convicts to the pursuit of knowledge and peace.

Is this feasible or too snowflakey?
>>
>>52522891
Sounds totally feasible to me. Went to prison, went to bible study with your buds. It's all good.
>>
>>52522835
Not him, but some anon spent a good portion of the previous thread telling people how to break various classes and splats to the max of the system with stuff like gunslingers.
>>
>>52521914
>western

So it's not Star Wars, but a space western?
>>
>>52522891
There being more than one force-sensitive convict in anything but a fuckhuge prison would be pretty weird considering how rare they are, but other than that that sounds totally legit
>>
>>52523023
>implying it can't be both
Shit's a setting and genre

>>52523056
I wonder what happens to force sensitive kids in the OT era. Obviously they're born, does Vader hunt down those younglings or does the fact they're never trained mean that they never develop their powers like Luke didn't?
>>
File: average eote party.jpg (155KB, 1280x836px) Image search: [Google]
average eote party.jpg
155KB, 1280x836px
>>52523023
Every EotE campaign inevitably turns into a space western anyway, so what's the difference?
>>
File: 1291059326354.jpg (992KB, 2275x1632px) Image search: [Google]
1291059326354.jpg
992KB, 2275x1632px
>>52523125
>Every EotE campaign inevitably turns into a space western anyway
I see no problem with this.
>>
>>52522926
>>52523056

A prison seemed like a fun place to put people who have a keen sense of what might happen who will either put such qualities to poor use or otherwise be driven insane by them, and an interplanetary penitentiary would combine a wide range of populations. I was thinking something that would take place over a somewhat extended period of time.

What I need to figure out now is what sort of character would a guy like that be? Sworn to nonviolence? luddite? martial artist like a monk or something?
>>
>>52522891
>>52523056

Just have it be a non-force sensitive shaman of the Whills, and a bunch of other non force sensitives.
They do their jedi bible group, where they discuss philosophies and knowledge, but its very much an academic thing for them - a pursuit of inner peace.
The player character however is actually force sensitive, and actually starts getting something out of it other than just some peace of mind.
>>
My FLGS had Destiny starter sets in stock today, so I picked up the Rey and Kylo Ren sets. Bashed them against each other with my friend.

Seems like an okay game. Not exactly spectacular but it's fun. I still prefer Star Wars LCG, but it doesn't look like that's going to get popular any time soon, and with Netrunner shooting itself in the face month after month I might have to go with Destiny if I want a card game that has an actual player base.
>>
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/4/3/77-plus-voting-finale/

77 plus all ships have been chosen. Fan winners were the Ion/Tactician B-Wing, The Advanced with AC+CM and the AT/Cluster/EM Y-wing build. And then they revealed some entries from competitive players. Which are weird.
>>
>>52524653
They revealed all of the entries for all of the players.

He's a thing to note-

None of the ships have Mindlink.

There are some real duds with the ships though, namely the Striker. The empire ships besides the TIE/FO and TIE/Striker seem to be nicely built.

It does mean that I really do like the build of

Howlrunner(Crack Shot)-19
Black Squadron Pilot(Crack Shot)-15
Academy Pilot-12

And draft the TIE fighters. Then, you get a slightly-better version of the Pattiswarm, where one of the academies turns into a Black.

Note, the only bombs are on the Scum Y and the Quadjumper, which might be interesting.

I almost entirely focus on the Empire, so I can likely spout more in-depth a bit more about those 8 options if requested.
>>
>>52521914
Discord? Roll20?
>>
>>52524996
Discord
>>
Do you allow people to play Wookiees in your games? They seem like a meme species.
>>
File: wookiee cookies.jpg (258KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
wookiee cookies.jpg
258KB, 576x384px
>>52525212
Yes. Who else is going to do the cooking on the ship?
>>
>>52525212
They're a bit ... awkward to roleplay with. Best way is to just have a soundboard or something and convey your message OOC.

Still, if you have players who aren't confident in their roleplaying ability, being able to just say "I let out a Wookie roar!" can be a godsend.
>>
>>52524884

I mean, you have a minimum and maximum of points and you can't pick any unique so I would personally say there isn't a whole fucking lot to do with like, the Striker. You slap on Frame and an EPT, in this case expertise which does give it quite a bit of efficiency without say, the PTL route hurting your AA.
>>
File: Voort_saBinring.jpg (699KB, 940x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Voort_saBinring.jpg
699KB, 940x1200px
>>52525301
Some Legends media just offered subtitles for Shyriwook, so a player can definitely get away with talking normally and explaining shit as translation. There's some other in-universe ways to get around it, too.
>Throat-mounted translator a la Piggy saBinring
>Speech impediment a la one of the Thrawn Trilogy wookiees (IIRC). Said wookiee's speech impediment made his/her speech easier for outsiders to understand, leading to a job as a translator for diplomats.
>>
>>52525301
I had a player who was super pumped to play a wookiee and downloaded a soundboard specifically for that purpose.
>>
>>52524653
Honestly that Rebel Y-wing looks fun, I might try that casually.

>>52524884
Do it.
>>
>>52525566
I fly something similar to the scum y. Its kavil with the same droid and turret. I throw vector thrusters and drop ordinance to filler only. Its loads of fun to fly
>>
>>52525126
https://discord.gg/wssdjKN
Handing out invitations in surplus because I know people are going to flake
>>
>>52515877
Norra would like to have a word with you but she's busy riding in Arcs with boys.
>>
>>52526056
Doni is hotter
>>
File: starfighters of adumar.jpg (215KB, 463x800px) Image search: [Google]
starfighters of adumar.jpg
215KB, 463x800px
>>52526110
>>52526056
Wedge, Hobbie, Tycho, and Wes are hotter than either of them.
>>
>>52525566
Assuming you are chumbalaya, or this is going to be a long rant for little reason

- Those TIE Fighters are good shit.One Black Crack and 1 academy is a good combo. You get a blocker and an ace-harasser, although crack shot combos well with more crack shot. It lets you bring a 4 crack, howl, 2 academy build. These are fairly strong on their own, but they work much better when your list is specifically built to accommodate them.

The bomber is entirely built to bully large ships. The ion pulse missile is not very effective at shooting small ships, and when shooting at small ships, proton torps are better. This thing's existence is going to be discouraging to B-wings, falcons, and the like. It's not durable though. I would draft this only if you are scared of someone's engine-upgrade-less large ship.

That TIE/FO is pure jank. It would work well if and only if you are either a prediction wizard or have intel agents. I would in no way consider this a super useful ship unless you build around it. While you could count on it remaining un-drafted due to it being shitty and build around it, I wouldn't do much with this.

The interceptor is iffy. It has MK2 engines as a second mod instead of Hull/Shield/Stealth/Targeting, which is barely useful. The PS 6 might be useful if you go up against all Sub-PS-6 lists, which might be seen as this ship has the (second) best PS out of all of the draft ships. (The /SF is PS7, but cannot double-reposition) It can't token tank as well as soontir, it can't fuck with people like Carnor, and it has a poor second mod choice. On the other hand, PS6 Arc-dodger. a middling choice.

The striker is shit. I know that they had to run 1 bloated striker to hit the point limit, but this is a poor loadout. Expertise further discourages K-turns and Sloops, so you become very predictable. Predator would have been a better EPT as it never turns off, and you can still focus for further accuracy on an attack. I would avoid this ship. cont-
>>
>>52526383
Cool.

I really like this actually it could be fun to run as a local tourney
>>
>>52526383
unless you love strikers, I would avoid this build. It's just not efficient. (How good are you with strikers, out of curiosity?)

The TIE/SF actually seems decent. It's got FCS, it's PS7, It's an effective jouster, although it doesn't have good defenses due to a lack of LWF. Being the highest PS draftable ship has got to be worth something. Not a bad draft pick.

The Advanced Prototype is just Inquisitor Junior. Due to his mid-low-PS, he's less likely to be able to arc dodge, but he can token tank just as much. This is a good choice except against higher-PS arc dodgers. (against high-ships that don't reposition, or lower PS ships, this thing is great). In short, it's Inquisitor Junior.

The Advanced is... Interesting. It bullies low-agility ships, it has consistent chip damage, one big burst, and it's defensive since it can evade almost every round without worry. It's also PS 4, which is middle of the pack. I haven't flown mass-Advanced builds, but this seems like it could work, especially if you don't like YV-666's, Y's, Decimators, Falcons, or the like. It's a counterpick, not a generalist.

One way to look at this is in terms of generalists and specialists. Since you do get to choose one (You shouldn't necessarily get stuck with the TIE/FO or Striker), you can likely look at your opponent's squads and see which one of the specialists you need to draft. The most generalist ship here is the TAP, while the Bomber is the most specialized.
>>
>>52526383
>>52526600
Also, of note- The TAP and the Interceptor both can boost and have Autothrusters. They are the only ships to have Autos besides the Protectorate. (Stealth on the A and Starviper for some reason) They are also the only ships that can double-reposition. Since the 77 point limit seems friendly for TLT's and Dash, I would expect those to be in high-demand.

>>52526515
So I didn;t post this for chumbalaya? He should really use a name/use a tripcode.

Anyway, this format would probably be pretty interesting do do at my LGS, how do they determine who drafts first/in what order?

Is the draft separated by faction?
>>
Anyone got that Metal Gear Rex looking walker from the OB1 and Ani comic? I'm looking to cook something up...
>>
File: Krayt_Pearl.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Krayt_Pearl.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>party is ambushed by a Krayt Dragon
>after a long battle we manage to crit it to death
>rush over to the corpse
>roll Survival to gut it and find the pearl
>1 proficiency die and 3 ability die vs. 2 difficulty
>fail
>GM lets me roll again out of pity
>fail again

Why are the dice gods so cruel?
>>
>>52526928

Why do you even need to roll? You know it's in there. You can just keep hacking it apart until you find the thing. It's not going anywhere. Worst that can happen is another Krayt Dragon tries to abush you for the remains. But then you get double pearls.
>>
>>52526928
Should have used a destiny point
>>
>>52527025
Is part of the party. The whole group LITERALLY rolled up 7 Dark Side Points for this session.
>>
>>52526928
>>52526989

>double pearls

I don't think you know how tough Krayt Dragons are. You're lucky if you even bring down one with a big party.
>>
>>52527292

Even so, aren't Krayt Dragons super territorial since there's not enough food to feed multiple in a certain range? You should be fine taking your time.
>>
File: gene tourism.gif (483KB, 231x174px) Image search: [Google]
gene tourism.gif
483KB, 231x174px
>>52527197
well that sucks. I feel ya.
>>
>>52526802
I'm too lazy to trip, but I can namefag it up.

Good read, though, m8.
>>
File: Forgotten Blasters.jpg (157KB, 1282x719px) Image search: [Google]
Forgotten Blasters.jpg
157KB, 1282x719px
>>52527197
I would have done bad, bad things with 7 DSP's!

Ah well. I think the worst game I ever had to put up with was when I ended up with 9 people, all our casual guys, couple of wives and GF's all turned up at the same time and they managed to roll 12 light side points and 1 dark side point. 'Cause running for 9 people wasn't bad enough, fate will just fuck with you to make it even worse...
>>
File: jakku junk walkers.jpg (20KB, 657x251px) Image search: [Google]
jakku junk walkers.jpg
20KB, 657x251px
Whenever I DM, I always have a handful of vague ideas that I mash together into something usable. Here's what I have so far:
>AoR
>Send players on mission to a swampy planet based on Jakku concept art with Clone Wars detritus
>As on the Jakku we know, local economy is run on scavenging in rural bumfuck community
>During progression of mission, players run afoul of hick sheriff (statted as Marshall/Gunslinger)
>Assuming sheriff survives, she loads up a rusty G1-A Starfighter and leaves the planet to pursue revenge against the PCs

Are there any movies /swg/ can think of whose inspiration could fill in the blanks in my mind? I'm also trying to determine the sheriff's species.
>>
>>52527888

A hick sheriff has no jurisdiction anywhere else. The PC's need to do something fucking amazing to justify that kind of treatment and the sheriff needs to be way better connected if he's going to challenge them beyond getting shot the moment the encounter starts.
>>
>>52527863
Thanks! I was watching the NCAA game while writing that, so if you want some dissertation-level analysis, let me know.

Thinking about it, any squad I suggest is likely something that someone will bring. Watch out for Y-Y-Y, Y-Y-N'Dru, and Howl-3xCrack-Blocker. The Stresshog will also be making an appearance, as will biggs. I wouldn't be suprised if someone whose name rhymes with 'weaver', shows up with Biggs-Miranda, or Biggs-Stresshog-Z-Z. Corran will probably poke his head out as well, since RAC is a poor choice in the format due to shitty wingman options at 77 and a 3 ship minimum.
>>
File: true-grit-jeff-bridges.jpg (35KB, 630x491px) Image search: [Google]
true-grit-jeff-bridges.jpg
35KB, 630x491px
>>52527888
True Grit
The Sheriff wants the perp for local offences that the PC's are also looking for (whatever) reasons, maybe to really complicate things add in another lawman from another jurisdiction that also wants them
>>
File: Alright.jpg (26KB, 450x326px) Image search: [Google]
Alright.jpg
26KB, 450x326px
>>52528038
>has no jurisdiction anywhere else
You're right! No officer of the law has gone off their rails for their own ends! This story idea will never work!
>>
>>52528168
I've never seen this, but just from what you've said, some wheels are already turning in my head...
Thanks dude.
>>
>>52528155
RAC and Wampa is a possibility. High PS large base boost can clown on low PS generics.

Reb ships look mostly fine. The A and Y are probably the least desirable. Worst case with the rest is I get a decent ship with some techy options. The T-70 looks the most fun.

For Empire, I like most. The Striker is very janky while the SF is a little boring. The Interceptor gets my dick rock hard.

For Scum, you've got that fucking starviper shitting things up. The Khiraxz is rad and silly, but the rest seem solid.

At first blush, I want the T-70, Interceptor, and Protectorate/bug zapper Zs.
>>
>>52528196

The difference is that they can afford to win multiple times without ending the game.

A single lone officer will either die in his first shootout with the enemy, or keep escaping and be mostly an annoyance, unless you want to keep killing PC's to show how cool this one guy is. Which will make them annoyed at the GM, not the character.
>>
>>52528370

And before anybody cries Boba Fett, the main characters only saw the guy all of twice before he was done. Everything else was from another POV. Which you can't do in a tabletop game.
>>
>>52527888
Fuck is a G1-A?
>>
>>52528430

Mist Hunter
>>
>>52528370
Can't the officer screw things up for the PC's narrative wise? Blow their cover on the heist they're in, get their ship impounded, continually let their locations slip to whoever they have obligations to?
>>
>>52528397
>Which you can't do in a tabletop game.
Depends on how your players are tuned. If they're down for a glorified cutscene or an interlude scene or session where they switch POVs to dirt farmers or allied mooks or bounty hunters seeing the villains or whatever, you can easily jump to other perspectives now and then
>>
>>52528355
Have they clarified the specifics as to how the draft works? Do you draft faction by faction, all at once, or what?

The Interceptor would be the best ship in the bunch, hands-down, if it had a Targeting Computer instead of Mk2 engines. I keep assuming that the TAP will either have Juke or be inquisitor, not being 2 dice, so that probably evens the two PTL aces out.

I would personally bring a crackswarm, draft the ties, or if not availible, TAP/Interceptor/Special Forces/Advanced/Bomber/TIE-fo/Striker, in that order of preference, but I just really like swarms.

Bringing RAC is a bit of a gamble, but it could be done. It depends on how many levels of princess bride planning you think the other 7 players will go through.
>>
>>52528461
Oh, it's G-1A, not G1-A. Goddammit, Star Wars.
>>
>>52528543
There are 3 drafts, 1 per faction.

Ordnance alpha strikes might be fun to bypass Biggs and just make for quick games. Swarms of all flavors are also good options.
>>
>>52515589
Why isn't this an Imperial ship?

They do know that the Republic Navy is what eventually became the Imperial Navy.
>>
>>52528370
Perhaps I wasn't clear. The hick sheriff is the antagonist of a single session, not the entire campaign, but will totally sabotage the PCs if the opportunity presented itself. The character is fully expendable in terms of the overall plot.
>>
>>52528933
Probably because astromechs. Letting Imp players use R2-D2 and BB-8 would be weird.
>>
File: BT-1.png (311KB, 332x606px) Image search: [Google]
BT-1.png
311KB, 332x606px
>>52528967
Imperial Astromechs when
>>
>>52528967
Just have the Imperial version use a systems slot instead to represent the upgrade/retrofit to better fit in with the modern tactical missive.
>>
>>52528767
So 3 seperate drafts, held one after each other? Do you share your 77 point squads before or after this? How is draft order determined?

The TIE Advanced might be able to deal with biggs quickly, i'll do the math in the morning.
>>
>>52502589
>originals explicitly say they're twins
Anon...
>>
>>52515897
>random jet engines plastered all over the fucking thing
>for a goddamn space ship
>missiles that look like they don't even detach
>vestigial wings loaded with vestigial and useless shit
>two pilots
>either because the system is too fucking retarded for one person to handle or because they think it could meaningfully survive a hit strong enough to take out one of them
>the ship has a tongue
>a spherical tongue
>with guns on it
Is this the stupidest ship in the entire franchise? Serious question.
>>
>>52502589

Sadly impossible. Return of the Jedi was clear that they were TWINS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1MnMA0TzGI

This is the entire ROTJ duel between Luke and Vader, with all the interceding segments cut out. Vader's line about a twin sister is the second and final time the movie refers to twins, the first time being when Obi-Wan told Luke earlier in the movie.

Luke and Leia had to be twins. There was no other way.
>>
File: warthog bayeux.jpg (186KB, 683x571px) Image search: [Google]
warthog bayeux.jpg
186KB, 683x571px
>>52529269
>>two pilots
One as gunner for all that ordnance, the other is the actual pilot

The whole thing is basically an A-10 IN SPACE
>>
>>52529339
>A-10
It's a WWII bomber. A real A-10 would be a Y-wing that replaced its twin laser cannons with a rotary HLC.
>>
>>52525430
The one jedi wookie from YJK had a floating stripped down protocol droid translator.
>>
>>52528966

Alright.

But even so, give him a few battle droids to make it a better encounter. Make him a former trade fed species like a Nemodian.
>>
>>52529269
Pretty much, yes.
It's insanely ugly and badly designed
>>
>>52529269
>random jet engines plastered all over the fucking thing
like every ship other that TIEs?
>missiles that look like they don't even detach
Don't know what you're talking about, desu. You know some of those are torpedo tubes, right?
>two pilots
One bombardier, one pilot, one commander, one nose-gunner
>the ship has a tongue
>a spherical tongue
>with guns on it
Literally just a bubble turret like on the LAAT, just centrally located.
>>
>>52529139
First 2 drafts start randomly, 3rd starts with the player from the largest event. Mine was the 2nd smallest, I believe.
>>
>>52532147
UE-dindu spotted. K-wing is shit and you know it, LAAT is also garbage.
>>
Tetran Cowall and Stay On Target EPT
How does that work?
>>
>>52533477
>LAAT is also garbage
The K-wing is an ugly abomination, but the LAAT is top-tier and you're a shit
>>
File: LAATi Gunship The Muunilist 10.jpg (28KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
LAATi Gunship The Muunilist 10.jpg
28KB, 600x450px
>>52533477
Don't spout shit about my shipfu
>>
>>52532475
So you draft second to last for scum, or is that determined randomly as well?
>>
>>52534297
As I understand it the person who gets to pick first also chooses the faction to draft.
>>
File: ringed city final boss.jpg (304KB, 1276x1920px) Image search: [Google]
ringed city final boss.jpg
304KB, 1276x1920px
My group has an FFG RPG session coming up and they're still high on Dark Souls 3 DLC hype. The PCs are a bunch of NJO and NR affiliates/personnel spelunking an abandoned temple and I plan on capping it off with a collective Force vision of a possible future. Specifically, it's a future where everything goes to shit harder than TFA's galaxy. How do I stat the corrupted, tortured, Sith-reanimated husk of Jedi Master Kyle Katarn as a boss fight? I want it to feel like a mix of classic Doomguy Katarn and a humanoid Souls-like end boss.
>>
>>52534780
Uses lots of Enhance and Sense?
>>
>>52534549
I would double check the tournament sizes then, as second to last vs third to last is significant-the level of dud increases sharply at that point.

More squads that you might see-

Double jumpmasters, loaded up to be both torpboats and bumpmasters at once

Minicrackswarm +blocker

Biggs Stressbot blount (i would put money on Paul having this, or 2 Z's instead of blount)

Biggs Miranda

Rebel Swarm

Vessery+Ryad

Palp Ace (Upsilon)

Fenn+Manaroo (Mindlink)

Asajj+(Y-wing or 2 bananas)

Thug Lyfe Jr.
>>
>>52534780
First off, you need to have multiple phases to the boss. Second, you need to give him the abilities that can threaten a whole party. Maybe he goes through his vidya incarnations as his phases, so start with just using imperial repeater, then go to lightsaber, then have him dual wield a lightsaber and a concussion rifle when he powers up Artoiras style (it's sith alchemy, I ain't gotta explain shit). Honestly, the Artorias boss fight's aesthetic is a good guide for how he should seem, like a noble but corrupted warrior.
>>
>>52534780
For maximum Doomguy, give Katarn a few ranks of Moving Target, and make sure he's always taking a maneuver to move before shooting. You might even want to give him Freerunning or Freerunning Improved so he can move to Medium Range with one maneuver.
>>
>>52529053

Yeah, but rebels get a big benefit of being able to combine Astros with Crew - mechanically it's a great design space for them.
>>
Have a bit of a problem in our combined ffg game we're playing right now.

Our "main" force user generally feels pretty worthless most of the time. His damage focus is from force move, but he's pretty limited in using it due to not wanting to pick up dark side points every time he takes an action. His other powers also tend to suffer from the same issue, but it's less of a problem for him if it's not in combat.

Any suggestions other than telling him to suck it up because it's mostly just bad rolls?
>>
>>52535511
How much exp does he have?
>>
>>52535511
Move doesn't really get effective until around 3 force dice. I had the most success just using enhance (agility) and a pistol for most of my force stuff. In mixed games, I feel the damage gap widens pretty early, and force users succeed when the focus on things the others do not do as well, like Misdirect/Foresight to bump the party's initiative and hinder opponents.
>>
>>52535564
Probably about 210? We did tell him about the "potential power& current power" deal, but it didn't help a lot.

>>52535607
Yeah, he's only at two right now, I think his other powers are like, seek and sense or something. With more force dice to roll, he probably would feel better since he'd have more potential for lightside chances to actually use his powers.
>>
>>52535731
Sounds like he's just sad that he is gimpy compared to big guns, which like you said, he needs to suck it up for another few hundred XP (or go Darkside)
>>
>>52535731
Have him take enhance if he wants to stay a combat monkey. Boosts to agility or brawn are good ways to use the force and keep it on the down low.
>>
When two weapon fighting, do you actually roll for the second hit or does it just happen with spending advantages?
>>
>>52537372
happens after you spend advantages. The initial pool is upgraded though.
>>
File: RiyoChuchi-SoI.png (652KB, 675x816px) Image search: [Google]
RiyoChuchi-SoI.png
652KB, 675x816px
Daily reminder that almost all brawn three races suck and 3 brawn isn't worth the exp decrease. Also Pantoran are easily the best race by far mechanically. Humans and Droids are overrated. Drall are probably the second best.
>>
>>52538452
>3 brawn isn't worth the exp decrease
Go fuck yourself
From Trandosha with love
>>
>>52538452
Wookies are pretty great.
>>
>>52538452
>Reduced Willpower
>Best
while brawn is only necessary in a combat build, It's arguably one of the better versions of strength stat across systems and increasing it makes any combat build more useful.
>>
>>52538452
Presence is for fags though.
>>
>>52535511
Personally I rework the Force rules usually so that using powers doesn't give you any conflict.
>>
>>52539362
>>52539761
Stop being idiots please. Pantoran are one of the only species capable of a 4/3/3/2/2 at character creation. Drall is the only other one but they are cursed to be manlets.
>>
>>52540108
>has to have 3 in Presence
Presence is arguably the stat you can dump in most builds, add on to that mediocre racials and you aren't exactly that great of a race.
>>
>>52540448
What is makishi duelist dumbass?
>>
So I've been running this imperial list in x-wing.

Patrol leader (40)
-gunner (5)
-fleet officer (3)
Obsidian pilot x4 (52)

It started as a generics only experiment, but it wins often enough and I like how it flies. Thoughts?
>>
>>52540448
Maybe if your session is full of combat shit and not superior social play.
>>
>>52540674
This is fucking Star Wars not Got dumbass
>>
File: clint uggh.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
clint uggh.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>52540544
>Every character is going to be this specific force sensitive lightsaber build
You are an idiot. Makashi is not even the most optimal lightsaber form or remotely the best combat style. +5 experience or an increase to a tertiary stat in most combat builds is not going to outweigh a better spread.
>>
>>52540674
>>52540730

Yeah man, this is Star Wars.
One of the original three protagonists is a Senator and Princess and other characters spend half their time philosophising about the Force, this is OBVIOUSLY all about combat.
>>
Yoda claims that the lightside is stronger than the darkside yet he got beat by Sidious. Not only that but on average Darksiders wipe the floor with lightsiders. I just think that Yoda was biased.
>>
File: macho man star wars.jpg (84KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
macho man star wars.jpg
84KB, 500x702px
>>52540674
>Not using a good balance of both
>Not merging the two play styles seamlessly to turn an FFG campaign into the galaxy's premier pay-per-view event
There's a reason for why Sith Lords mastered both the blade and trash talk.
>>
>>52540674
>combat shit and not superior social play.
but that's the kicker, you can get by in most social situations well enough with Cunning and Willpower skills.
>>
>>52540730
It's not DnD either so you can play a social character even in a combat oriented group. You don't need to be good at combat or even carry a weapon if the other characters are pretty much that. You'll be making all the deals, contacts, and likely getting everyone rich. But not as rich as you.

You wanna be a Han or a Lando basically. Or just be a Jabba if you can.
>>
>>52540813
Consider there are tons of jedi with power levels ranging from complete amateurs to middling warriors to aged pacifists and and they all pretty much exclusively fight against one of the top two sith in the galaxy.
>>
>>52540730
>not knowing about one of the most powerful classes in the game
Scathing Tirade is dangerous anon.
>>
File: M67b.jpg (47KB, 496x360px) Image search: [Google]
M67b.jpg
47KB, 496x360px
>>52540870
And those who cannot fight can usually still throw.
>>
>>52540870
>>52540936
In a session I had my charmer/politico character snuck away from the main combat scene and stole the crime lord's pleasure yacht as a getaway vehicle. I promised to pay the guards on the yacht more credits than their current boss. So I have those guys too.
>>
>>52541026
>charmer/politico
I can't think of a shittier character to play
>>
>>52541292
I would argue Krennic is a Scientist/Politico, and not necessarily a bad build, just his player is far more ambitious than the character is capable of doing.
>>
>>52521914

So how'd the game go man?
>>
>>52541722
One of the players here. It was pretty damn great
>>
>>52542034
Dude didn't flake like every other GM online?
>>
>>52542034

How many did you have in the end?
>>
>>52542351
4 players, including myself
>>
>>52542396
Room for more? What does the party need?
>>
>>52542536
Now you want to get in, NO fuck off
>>
File: MonMothma2.jpg (230KB, 1475x1500px) Image search: [Google]
MonMothma2.jpg
230KB, 1475x1500px
mfw i just learned today that mon mothma sent bel ilbis on a suicide mission along with a large number of rebel soldiers in order to have him killed because he was a political adversary and to have huge rebel casualties be blamed on him so his reputation was ruined

mfw he accused mon motha of trying to mass power for herself and that she was corrupt and selfish

mfw he begged her not to send them on the mission

mfw they were deployed with mothma's promise that they would be supported and that it would be a proper battle

mfw bel agreed, they landed, and as soon as they did mothma informed him his "service" with the rebellion had been terminated

mfw his forces were slaughtered and he barely escaped, later forming a resistance movement against both the rebellion and the empire

mfw the empireposters were exactly right, mothma was a greedy, powerhungry bitch who didn't give a shit about the people under her

mfw the empire might actually have been the good guys, or at least the guys with good intentions
>>
>>52542725
Why'd you spoiler all that?
>>
>>52542725
Wheres this, sounds like interesting reading.
>>
>>52542870
Don't bother since he is a lying piece of shit and a terrorist just as evil as the Empire
>>
>>52542725
Which source is this? The Wook has a slightly different story:
>Some time later, Mothma gave the go-ahead for an Alliance attack on an Imperial garrison at Milvayne in the Gyrica system without seeking the approval of Bel Iblis or any of her other military advisors. Before the attack was enacted, Bel Iblis called Mothma out for her actions at an Alliance conference, requesting that she postpone and reconsider the attack. Mothma overruled him, but a livid Bel Iblis questioned her motives in ordering the attack, claiming it was simply part of a grab for power on her part. The two traded thinly-veiled insults, with Bel Iblis eventually stating that none of his troops would have a part in the attack. He felt that Mothma's Intelligence was flawed, as his own sources informed him it was in fact a heavily fortified Imperial Ubiqtorate base, which his men would be unable to deal with. For his dissent, Mothma told Bel Iblis that the Rebellion no longer required his services. He stormed out of the chamber and took his loyal supporters, including Sena Leikvold Midanyl and another aide, Irenez, away from the Alliance.

He didn't "barely escape." He just left and told Mothma to go fuck herself.
>>
>>52542907
Still wanna know where he got it.
>>
>>52542956
He's making it all up
>>
>>52542956
Its fake news anon
>>
>>52542870
>>52542907
>>52542956
>>52543318
>>52543397
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Milvayne

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_of_Opinion

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Last_Command_Sourcebook

>"Do you understand me? I will not send my troops on a suicide attack. And I do not recognize your authority to order them to. I did not vote to place you in charge of the Alliance, and if Bail did, then he was gravely mistaken."
>"Senator Bel Iblis, I sincerely hope that was not an ultimatum."
>"Yes, I suppose it is. This attack plan is fundamentally flawed, and you just don't have the expertise to know it."
>"I will not have ultimatums put to me, Senator. The Rebel Alliance no longer has need of your service."
>>
>>52543510
Holy shit, it's literally

>The Alliance will not stand for your actions, Mothma.
>I /AM/ the Alliance!
>>
>>52543510
>non-canon material
Fake News anon.
>>
File: where do you think we are.jpg (70KB, 600x889px) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.jpg
70KB, 600x889px
>>52543643
>Bitching about canon again
>>
File: Garm Bel Iblis.jpg (995KB, 1500x1053px) Image search: [Google]
Garm Bel Iblis.jpg
995KB, 1500x1053px
>>52543643
>Implying anyone would want to live in a canon without this magnificent mane of hair.
>>
I'm putting together a droid technician in EotE, and I'd like to know if any of the specialisations (core / spec mods) are considered overtly better than the others. Any other advice also welcome.
>>
>>52542907
>>52543318
>>52543397
>>52543643

Is Mon Mothma a waifu or something? People always get defensive over here, I mean, come on

>>52543813

>choice between an old hag who started the rebellion to gain personal power and happily disposes of undesirables by sending them on suicide missions
>or a magnificent old bastard with money and a fantastic mane who thinks both sides suck and just wants to be start a franchise on his multi-billion-dollar wheel-shaped space station and be left alone

My vote's on Iblis.
>>
File: garm bel iblis' younger days.jpg (29KB, 288x361px) Image search: [Google]
garm bel iblis' younger days.jpg
29KB, 288x361px
>>52544015
>tfw Garm could have prevented the NuRepublic from going down the road that led to TFA
It's a sad feel.
>>
>>52544015
I can't see why anyone at all would have her as a waifu.
>>
File: Star_Wars_Mon_Mothma.png (78KB, 256x391px) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Mon_Mothma.png
78KB, 256x391px
>>52544015
>>52544100
Fuck off traitorous pieces of shit
>>52544144
IDK maybe the fact she helped found the Rebellion and led it to victory against a galaxy spanning empire led by the moat powerful human in the galaxy despite only being a senator with zero combat or military experience.
>>
>>52544144
She's a great caring individual. She'd be pretty good waifu material honestly.
>>
>4ABY
>the PCs are staunch rebel/NR loyalists
>they receive Actionable Intel from a force vision of the horrible nucanon future if mong mothma stays alive
>their terrible fate is that they must assassinate their own leader to save the future
>>
>>52544346
But the future isn't horrible in nucanon what the fuck are you going on about?
>>
>>52544281
>>52544287
She's pretty ugly though, which kinda disqualifies her.

>>52544419
It's pretty bad.
>>
>>52544431
>She's pretty ugly though
You're entitled to your shit opinion.
>>
>>52544419
It's pretty bleak, especially if they're only seeing the movie rather than all the background
>>
>>52544431
>It's pretty bad
There was 30 years of peace. that ain't that bad.
This is Star Wars. Even if 5 planets got blowed up, you know the good guys still win after 2 more movies.
>>
>>52543958
No?
>>
>>52544460
>>52544470
It's not nearly as bad as the old canon to be honest.
>>
>>52544575
Exactly. In the old canon, instead of 30 years of peace there was the FUCKING VONG.
>>
File: Gavrisompellaeon.jpg (864KB, 1000x631px) Image search: [Google]
Gavrisompellaeon.jpg
864KB, 1000x631px
>>52544601
>>52544575
This is why you should ignore Legends continuity after the Pellaeon-Gavrisom Treaty 20 years after Yavin.

It was the True Good End with a New Republic in competent hands (and had Leia as President of Space for a lengthy term) and a reformed Empire with the discipline and order to stand on its own and without the insane boner for superweapons and genocide.

And it had a rapidly growing Jedi Order that had none of the crippling hangups of the Late Republic Jedi being guided by the sure hand of a Luke Skywalker who had been repeatedly tested and found worthy of rebuilding.

Things were set up for the galaxy to meet or exceed the glory days of the Old Republic.

And then Vector Prime shat on everything.
>>
So, I picked a Slugthrower rifle as my weapon in EotE.
How fucked am I with this space musket?
>>
>>52545127
Pretty bad since they have limited ammo
>>
>>52544783
>Pellaeon-Gavrisom Treaty is the end point of the EU.

Fucking yes. This is the PERFECT point to stop reading and say "and they all lived happily ever after."
>>
>>52544783
Yep. Vision of The Future was the perfect moment for the whole of the classic EU cast to ride into the sunset together
And then we got the vong. And LoTF, and bugfucker denning. And traviss
>>
>>52545404
Can I get a list of all of the worth reading EU books from RotJ to Vision of the Future?
>>
>>52545229
But how will executives and stockholders be able to feed their starving kids if you stop the SW gravy train?
>>
>>52545467
Pretty much everything published in the Bantam Era (with a few exceptions) is entertaining or great.

Including Jedi Prince

ESPECIALLY Jedi Prince

Highlights include: Thrawn Trilogy, Truce at Bakura, Courtship of Princess Leia, The entirety of the X-Wing Book Series, Hand of Thrawn Duology, Han Solo Trilogy (the A.C. Crispin one, though the Brian Daley Han Solo Adventures from the late 70s are FUCKING AWESOME) Young Jedi Knights, the Tales short story books, Darksaber, if it didn't have the Luke x Callista plot to deal with.

The only one that's true dogshit is The Crystal Star, and even that has some good moments.

After that era, the safe bet is anything by Zahn, Stackpole, or Allston, with Stover and a few others (mmmmayyyyybe early Karen Traviss, but I haven't read any of her stuff yet and people really hate her later Mando Schlick Fantasies)
>>
>>52545467
Well, here's the basic recommended list
Thrawn Trilogy
X-wing books (you can skip #7 if you feel like it, it's not that great)
The Han Solo Adventures and Han Solo trilogy are pre-yavin, but also good
Truce At Bakura is decent but unspectacular
Courtship Of Princess Leia is completely cheesy schlock, but you could read it after the Wraith Squadron books for context and a few laughs.
The Black Fleet Crisis books are decent enough I guess, aside from the Luke plot, which is lousy
I, Jedi is decent, but is sorta a companion book to the Jedi Academy trilogy, which is an extremely mixed bag
The Tales From/Of X books are generally decent, with Tales Of The Bounty Hunters easily the best. There are some crap stories in each, though
Honestly, the backbone consists of the Thrawn and X-wing books, and the rest is a pick-and-choose collection of side stuff
>>
File: mandalorian shitposter.png (303KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
mandalorian shitposter.png
303KB, 900x900px
>>52545624
The first Traviss RepCom book is generally regarded as a decent read and not too heavy on the wank. The second also somewhat okay, though IIRC, the Mandowank starts seeping in halfway through.
>>
>>52545624
>courtship of princess leia

No. It's only good for its batshit insane memes. Otherwise it's complete drivel on the level of Aftermath.
>>
>>52544287
She's caring so long as she doesn't view you as a rival or a threat to her own power.
>>
>>52546372
This meme needs to end
>>
>>52546293
Could you start the new thread? I don't have any SW pics on this phone
>>
>>52546441
On it
>>
>>52546489
>>52546441
New Thread

>>52546524
>>52546524
>>
>>52546550
Well, shit.
>>52546548
>>
>>52546561
Other guy beat you, sorry.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGyOenuNmIw

Check out all those unused ship designs
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 65

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.