[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 334
Thread images: 42

File: 1mana5050.jpg (168KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
1mana5050.jpg
168KB, 768x432px
A new challenger appears edition

Playing?

Hating?

Brewing?

Spicy sideboard tech?

Thoughts on the current meta?

Prediction for the 13th?
RESOURCES:
Current Modern Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

DATABASES:
magiccards.info
gatherer.wizards.com
>>
>>52053741
>Playing?
Legacy
>Hating?
Modern
>Brewing?
Poops
>Spicy sideboard tech?
n/a
>Thoughts on the current meta?
It's shit
>>
>>52053741
Playing UR Gifts storm
Hating burn, cause it's just such a brain dead meme, thank god for fastlands
Brewing Abzan Coco with Rallier
Sideboard tech is blood moon. Every deck that can should run 3 in the sideboard, if you're not you're putting yourself at a disadvantage desu, it shuts down so many decks.
I think the current meta is fine, still wish they would give some shit to combo and control.
No bans, hopefully they unban something.
Shit OP desu, we're not fucking children waiting to answer these same questions 30 times a day. Think up some actual questions for once you autist.
>>
File: and then it starts raining.png (307KB, 322x591px) Image search: [Google]
and then it starts raining.png
307KB, 322x591px
>>52053775
10/10 post, friendo. We're off to a great start. Let's make it even better by bitching about the secondary market and arguing on whether or not Tron is a control deck.
>>
>>52053821
Don't forget mox opal's vintage level brokenness and inevitable ban
>>
>>52053821
Might as Well.

Tron starts as a Combo deck, plays Control for a turn or two, and then does Aggro till you die. It does all three, one stage at a time. That's why it's fun to play, You get to be all 3 decks.
>>
File: Image.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>Playing?
G/B Tron, Esper Draw-Go
>Hating?
I fought hatebears and wanted to cry because of how bored I was
>Brewing?
BW Eldrazi Processor, also thinking about what to do with Eldritch Evolution
>Spicy sideboard tech?
>>>pic related
Merfolk, Valakut and Blood Moon decks can all suck my left nut
it's ok
>Prediction for the 13th?
Preordain would be nice, realistically nothing happens
>>
Playing?
Snek Affinity
Hating?
Path on my hangerback walker
Brewing?
Snek
Spicy sideboard tech?
Nothing in particular
Thoughts on the current meta?
It's ok. Death's Shadow gets more popular constantly (online at least) and I'll be interested to see if modern players are alright with a definite top deck as long as it's perceived to be 'fair', a la miracles in legacy.
>>
>>52053775
kill yourself legacyfag, no reason to shit up the thread you humongous faggot
>>
>>52053842
desu I find that meme somewhat amusing
>>
>>52053858
>Tron starts as a Combo deck
If it's not the win condition then that's just synergy.

>plays Control for a turn or two
That's just interaction/being on the back foot.

>and then does Aggro till you die
So it's an aggro deck that usually starts on the back foot.
>>
>>52053934
If tron lands are used to cast a wurmcoil and win is that a win condition? Or is that a control strat? Or is that aggro now?
>>
>>52053934

>aggro deck
>starts on the back foot

well then it isnt aggro, because aggro is fast. we call that midrange, which survives for a few turns and slams higher costed/efficient threats.
>>
>>52053972
Can't be control because control isn't proactive and isn't defined by using a "finisher." It's about grinding the opponent to dust, removing all their resources.
It's why lantern "control" isn't actually control by any real means. It's a prison deck like owling mine.

Fast mana doesn't seem enough to be a "combo" to me but that I'm less certain of, sure.
>>
>>52053880
>Snek Affinity

How well does this deck perform nowadays?

I was brainstorming some ideas for an abzan/GB snakefinity considering I pulled a foil snek recently and I thought that I could integrate energy somewhat in the gameplay.

What I came up with used Glint-Sleeve Siphoner, Attune with Aether, and Snek to generate some heavy energy and create some sort of pseudo-dark confidant synergy which more often than not generated at least 1 extra card per turn.

I saw other variants sticking in Traverse and Bob but I thought to myself that traverse would almost never attain delirium unless hardened scales found its way to the graveyard and that Bob wouldn't be as good a beater as a buffed siphoner. I could be thinking wrong but that's my ideology so far.

Wanna post a list?
>>
>>52053972

Tron is a turbo-aggro deck
>>
>>52054037
>siphoner
Just run bob, playing bad cards to enable bad cards isn't a good idea and Bob is straight gas in the deck no strings attached.
>>
>>52054103
I thought the same. Bob requires no setup so that's a major advantage on that end.

However, what about traverse? I feel like that would rarely come in handy because consistently proc-ing would require too much setup.
>>
>>52053741
I think Death Shadow might be my favorite looking card.
>>
>>52054132
unless you're running a build that can consistently enable delirium I would advise against it. Traverse is a nice payoff card but it's hard to get working in a lot of decks which is why it sees play in ~2 decks right now.
>>
File: robots 2.jpg (297KB, 1233x468px) Image search: [Google]
robots 2.jpg
297KB, 1233x468px
>>52054037
This is my list right now. I'm probably going to go down a mimic and get another bob. If I can find anything else that works well I'll probably replace all the mimics.
I tried the list on channelfireball with traverse but it was almost never able to search up a creature. It had dromoka's command in it as well and that was just straight garbage every match.
I think bob is super good in this list actually. The average CMC of my build at least is around half per draw so even when I'm low on life I don't have any troubles playing them. I think it's good in such a synergy focused deck to have a card that can just win you games on its own when your opponent has used all their removal.
I've also got ancient stirrings which I haven't seen in any other list. The list is very 2 (or for XX creatures it can be 4, 6, etc) drop heavy, so having a 1 drop that can always be cast on turn 1 or 3 instead of wasting that extra mana is useful. Being able to more easily find sideboard silver bullets is nice too.
>>
>>52053820
>Think up some actual questions for once you autist.

This

If you're gonna make the OP at least start off with a semi unique discussion. Give us something like

>Playing
>Hating
>What does [card pic related deck] need to succeed in the current meta? (my thought was living end)
>What would be your dream MM2017 draft promo?
>if you could choose what archetype to draft in mm2017 what would it be?
>what shell/support would [card] need to be a force in the format? (thikning about trinisphere)
>do you think online magic has more longevity than paper?

etc. just think of something.
>>
As a grixis delver player (mostly stock, still need to buy one more fatal push) . What should my list be looking like in a shop meta of mainly midrange and tron?

Should I just bite the bullet and switch to control?
>>
>>52053867
Sup fellow BW Eldrazi bro, what's your list looking like these days?

I was tempted to just build Eldrazi Tron but it's fucking boring. At least I get to play magic if I don't find the lands I need with Processors.
>>
>>52054691
Alot of people seem to be on Delver with the ability to go full control using sideboard by taking out Delvers for Ancestral Visions or Painful Truths. But I would think Delver would stay in against Tron since you want to race them.
>>
File: heritage.jpg (117KB, 417x305px) Image search: [Google]
heritage.jpg
117KB, 417x305px
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/06-03-17-modern-elves/

Looking for some feedback on my budget Elves List.
I know elves only shows up rarely in top 8s, but I'm a filthy tribal player and the deck performs surprisingly well in my meta.

I'm not 100% sold on Fauna Shaman, but it's not as bad as I thought. It can grab another one of my lords usually and help me close out the game, and there's often better targets for removal on board when I play it, but time will tell if it's worth the slot.

Definitely going to switch to G/B at some point, though. I just wanted to have a deck that was finished and ready to play.

Sideboard help is appreciated as well. Dwynen is there because of burn, but even then I think it's just too slow and it comes down to who draws better,
>>
>>52053741

>Playing?
G/W Enchantress

>Hating?
Jund and/or Naya.

>Brewing?
G/W Enchantress. It's just a hair under being an effective pillowfort for Modern Aggro decks, but it's getting there.

Spicy Sideboard tech?
Dovescape, to blank out cards like Fracturing Gust and Back to Nature.

It's fine-ish. People at my shop have gotten far too boring with their Jund, Abzan, and Naya "Three-color goodstuff" decks. I'd prefer to see people bring in more off-the-walls homebrews/combos like that Slumbering Tora deck that was mentioned 3 generals ago.
>>
File: Image.jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32KB, 223x310px
excuse me for poor english for i am china
where were you when through the breach buyout?
i was sit at home watching cartoons

'breach not reprint'
'no'
and you????
>>
>>52055035
Poor English? Its perfect.
>>
File: naya master race.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
naya master race.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
/tg/ what's your options against death shadow deck?
>>
>>52055222
Lalor did nothing wrong
>>
>>52053741
Playing?
Grixis Delver and U tron
Hating?
Any fast aggro deck
Brewing?
Marchesa EDH and looking for a budget junk token abzan list
Spicy sideboard tech?
Tree of Perdition to kill DS kek
But really fatal push and surgical extraction a bitch, also applies to tron when paired with any land destruction
Thoughts on the current meta? I like the amount of decks that could actually compete. I've done better with U tron recently so thats a plus. Overall i'm a little annoyed with DS being put everywhere, it was fine in one deck but its a bitch to see all over the place.
>>
>>52055222
Condemn, Path, and just trying to kill them before they kill me.
>>
>>52055035
is this a haiku?
>>
>>52055222
The old art on that is so much better.
>>
File: 1408519052814.jpg (42KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1408519052814.jpg
42KB, 300x300px
>>52054820
my guy

Pretty much running the same list that 5-0'd a league recently. Been trying out 23 land and 1 Elspeth K-T. I've got blight herder over reality smasher since a lot of decks in my area don't have board wipes

I've had Elspeth and a Blight herder out together twice and it seemed pretty much impossible for my opponents to deal with. I want to try 2 herder/2 displacer but I feel like that might be going for to much spice

fuck Eldrazi Tron, I respect it even less than normal Gx Tron
>>
>>52055493

is this a haiku?
In referring to your post
perhaps to my own
>>
>>52055035

excuse but i am see breachfast buyout and now mcdonafs has all day breach

it isn't fsir, why can not buy mcgriddle? ban dimian spirit guide
>>
>>52053972
Wurmcoil is in the deck to be a colorless wall that unanswered will deny your opponent profitable attacks, its function is identical to Moat in The Deck. No one ever won by swinging with Wurmcoil unless the game was otherwise completely locked up by Oblivion Stone and/or Karn taking over the board.
>>
>>52055222
Playing Living End.
>>
>>52055222
ban it
>>
>>52055558
roses are red
violets are blue
your haiku a shit
so is youre waifu
>>
>>52056123
but anon
your my waifu ;_;
>>
>>52056139
What a twist!
>>
>>52053858
>Tron is fun to play

Nice meme

Literally the most cancer deck in modern currently. I'm not saying it's too good I'm just saying it's just a fucking terrible deck to have in the format. It's matchups are always like 20-80 or 80-20. If it's like a slow midrange "fair" deck you win most of the time and if it's fast or has land destruction you can't win.

Cancer
>>
>>52056612
>or has land destruction
Boom/Bust Blue Moon and Ponza are among Tron's best matchups because besides their gimmick they don't do much and just fold to a Oblivion Stone and/or hardcast Wurmcoil/Karn. DNT variants aren't good vs Tron because they a set of Ghost Quarters but because white has access to Stony Silence and they have a reasonable clock with disruption (Mindcensor, Arbiter, Revoker)
>>
FUCKING HELP ME TEGEE

I AM STUCK IN FUCKING SHANGHAI FOR TWO YEARS BECAUSE JOB

WHERE DO I PLAY THIS RETARDED ASS GAME IN THIS SHITTY CHINK HELLHOLE FUCK
>>
best basic forest art?

19 or 20 lands for GB tron?

1-of Walking Ballista or Spellskite?
>>
File: 304.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
304.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>52056838
This and mirrodin or new phyrexia block imo. I'm a weeb tho.

Speaking of weeb, what's the most competitive shell for Ninja of the Deep Hours?
>>
>http://www.hipstersofthecoast.com/2017/03/hows-modern-support/

>Wizards of the Coast seems to have decided to stop keeping that scale balanced in the middle, preferring to tilt it all the way towards letting people play Modern instead of propping up an artificially inflated secondary market.

>There will never be another Modern Pro Tour. Modern isn’t meant for the highest levels of competition. It’s meant for the most casual of Magic players. Those who have no desire to invest in Legacy, no desire to compete in Standard, no desire to spend a fortune on Magic.

How does it feel to read such bullshit /tg/.
>>
>>52056893

>Speaking of weeb, what's the most competitive shell for Ninja of the Deep Hours?

pauper mono U delver
>>
>>52056911
You think I'm not already playing that my guy?
>>
File: wv.png (115KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
wv.png
115KB, 223x311px
>>52054869
>>
2x Gaddock Teeg as sideboard tech against Big Mana in Bant spirits/Infect

Yes or no an why?
>>
>>52057023

>Big Mana in Bant spirits

I thought top curve for bant spirits is 4 for coco,
>>
>>52056838
Beta the one with the path or foil Unhinged.
19 lands, tron+3 fast+1 llanowar+2 forest+sanctum or a flex of your choice (Urza's Factory is dank af)
Neither, Infect is dead and neither does much vs the matchups you care about. Grim Poppet in the sb is better pinger "on curve".
>>
>>52056904
>no desire to spend a fortune on Magic
Aren't some decks costing over a grand these days?
>>
>>52053741
Currently have no deck atm because of infect but brewing up BGX. My country is rife with burn and bad zoo decks.

Tron is the only beast I truly fear now.

Meta is pretty diverse right now in terms of actual decks although control is really lacking besides prison decks.

My spicy sideboard tech is Blood Baron of Vizkopa for the mirror. Thrun is too much of a meme machine.
>>
>>52056904
Man this article flows like shit. Each paragraph only feels tangentially related the previous one.
>>
>>52056904
>thinking casuals even know what formats are

uh wizards is making availability for people who can't afford but want to play competitively. ritard author
>>
>>52057023
>they slam o-stone
>>
>>52057635
To be fair bant spirits runs some counters and spell queller. Limiting your opponent's outs to spells you can possibly deal with is far better than being fucked by ugin. Ulamog is the real problem with Gaddock Teeg.
>>
>>52053934
>being this pedantic

shit deck is still shit tho
>>
>>52054691
you'll still get shafted by tron, just get ceremonious rejection for your SB if they're that numerous
>>
>>52057635
It's not the only tech I will have. I will run 3x Stony Silence and maybe 1x Kataki, plus Negates. Between all of them and quellers for eggs/stirrings, here's hoping it will make the matchup manageable. I still expect to get shat on game 1 though.
>>
>>52057020
I fuucking love this land, it won me so many games on my aristocrats build.
>>
I'm working on 8rack and I can't quite decide if I want to go with or without ensnaring bridge any advice?
>>
>>52057914
If you dont want to pack bridges, pack a metric fuckton of removal as a cheaper option.

Collective brutality as a minimum of 3 or 4 would be a good start.
>>
>>52057914
Bridge is the best card in the deck. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>52054017
>control isn't proactive
Incorrect. Control can be both proactive or reactive.

>>52054042
>turbo-aggro
It's actually just a really big midrange deck. Bigrange if you will.
>>
>>52053741
>Twin puts up results
>twin is reprinted
>twin is banned
>Gifts storm puts uo results
>gifts ungiven is reprinted
I see the ban comming, stormfags on suicide just watch
>>
>>52058084
you've got a pretty wide definition of results.
>>
>>52058092
Keep on denying.
>>
>>52056800

Magic online.

You won't even have to go out to play
>>
>>52056800
xmage to play for free with a functioning rules engine

Cockatrice to play for free with cocksuckers who try to bullshit on rules
>>
>>52058351
>MtGO
>Anything online
>In China

I fucking wish. In a time it will take my browser to make this post I could've downloaded an episode of a TV series in the West.
>>
>>52054367
explain the mimics to me? i don't get em here.
>>
>>52056800
I'm sure there's an LGS in Shanghai.
>>
has anyone tried brewing with this with good results? I liked the blasphemous act+hornest nest+this deck but its too janky.
>>
>>52058658
adds counter niqqa
>>
skred red uses him as a blocker and soaks damage from act >>52058745
>>
>>52054691
mainboard four manaleak and three spreading seas.

go after THEM.
>>
>>52053741

Playing Budget UR Kiln Fiend storm thing and BW Tokens

Hating Infect even though I respect it. Kinda wish Twin was around for some reason.

Brewing 8Rack and 8Whack Im a janky guy I know.

Spicy sideboard tech? I don't know I like that Extirpate card and shit like Turn Aside and Fog. I'm not too fancy.

Thoughts on the current meta? Like i said I don't think Twin coming back would hurt. Unbanning Jace seems fine too. I'd like to see abit more hate for planeswalkers and combo as a result printed at uncommon type level.
>>
>>52058761
:/ sure
>>
>>52058953
How badly do you hate Sphinx's Tutelage?
>>
>>52057945
Spoken like someone who has never played the deck.
>>
File: despair.jpg (89KB, 702x535px) Image search: [Google]
despair.jpg
89KB, 702x535px
>>52053741

>Playing?

Bogles and Tokens, I feel like I'm from a different time in Magic. Took a few years off.

>Hating?

Tron, Affinity and Infect even though I like the decks I just don't like how commonly I feel like I am playing against them.

>Brewing?

Thought about working on UR Thing In the Ice/Kiln Fiend but I'm not sure I like Thing in The Ice so I might not make this deck at all. I definitely want to build a tribal Spirit shit deck simply because I've been gone awhlie and now theres a few spirits that actually look good.

>Spicy sideboard tech?

I've been using 2 Holy Day/Fogs to fuck Infect decks. Love the new Blossoming Defense card. Sometimes I sideboard extra protection like Dispel or Rebuff the Wicked.

It's kind of meh, could use a few more decks to shake things up and add variety. I'd love more support for older classic modern decks that have fallen around the 1% area of the meta. Unban Twin and Jace. Print more tron, graveyard, planeswalker and colorless creature hate at common and uncommon in the next set.

Ideally they would unban Jace, Twin, Bloodbraid, Deathrite Shaman and Stoneforge and ban nothing. I just want more
>>
>>52058982

Sphincters tutelage is fucking evil but I don't actually hate it.
>>
>>52059125
>Rebuff the Wicked
>on fucking bogles
Why?
>>
>>52059136

Should have clarified I use Rebuff in a Janky Soldier Equipment list's sideboard.

Bogles Sideboard is pretty much cookie cutter. I'm honestly not sure what else to do with that deck at the moment.
>>
>>52059170
Win a GP, a local went 10-5 but can't remember in which.
>>
File: thedeadlycruz.png (547KB, 543x534px) Image search: [Google]
thedeadlycruz.png
547KB, 543x534px
Unban Pod
>>
>>52058775
I haven't seen Skred run this since Eternal Scourge/Chandra Flamesculptor came out.
>>
>>52057020
That doesn't seem terribly good in an elves list. Because of how many lords you run, wouldn't you be often sacrificing more power to get out Ormendahl?

Maybe I'll consider it for a one of, though. It might work a lot better than I think.
>>
>>52056904
>Stein
>>
>>52057427
Sigarda is better
>>
>>52058084
LOL storm is still less of the meta than infect
>>
>>52059125
>Unban BBE and DRS
I personally would rather not play against Legacy Jund
>>
>>52058084
I can't wait
>>
>>52059362
Unban Seething Song
>>
>>52053741
>Playing?
Merfolk

>Hating?
Merfolk

>Brewing?
something

>spicy sideboard tech
nothing

Bant is cool
>>
File: 1488179507925.png (107KB, 341x334px) Image search: [Google]
1488179507925.png
107KB, 341x334px
Hey guys. Modern noob here and am looking to get into the format after the dank reprints in MM17. How is something like melira coco currently. I rememeber seeing it and thinking thats what I'd love to play. Also when is the correct time to piuck up 2 verdant catacombs???

Thanks!
>>
>>52060135
It's okay right now, like tier 2. Also pickup verdant catacombs 2 months after mm2017 comes out
>>
>>52056904
>more people play my format
>therefore my format is dying
Really... ergh... fires up... err... my neurons
>>
>>52056904
I'll bet 50 dollars this guy had a foiled out infect deck
>>
>>52060182
Thanks so much my dude.
>>
File: 8a4.jpg (14KB, 600x384px) Image search: [Google]
8a4.jpg
14KB, 600x384px
>Merchant scroll buyout
>>
File: peepee.jpg (35KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
peepee.jpg
35KB, 780x438px
Why did death's shadow aggro not become a deck until now? All the pieces were always there.
>>
>>52060464
Twin
>>
i'm playing gifts control. Should I play birds or should I play petad prisms. If I use the prisms I blank their spot removal and keep bolts from becoming one mana stone rains. If I use birds I have recurring form of mana and emergency chump blockers.
>>
>>52056904
I think I've played with this guy

>>52060428
Gifts Storm runs it. 8th Ed is also the only foil printing
>>
>>52056904
>This and rudy: The cancer killing magic
>>
>>52060428
Storm gags btfo
>>
>Playing
Zoo
>Hating
Eldrazi Tron
>Brewing
Quest for the Holy relic trying to get an early Glint Hawk attacking with an Argentum Armor

>Spicy sideboard tech?
Nothing really spicy.

Could use stoneforge unbanning but overall the meta is fun.

>>52055222
Maindeck Paths, sideboarded Blessed Alliance.
>>
File: 1484636990392.png (737KB, 1280x786px) Image search: [Google]
1484636990392.png
737KB, 1280x786px
>>52060428
>Buying a deck that will be banned
>>
>>52060655
I already have my playset, I don't give a fuck, I just think it's retarded.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488799927356.jpg (50KB, 1334x743px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488799927356.jpg
50KB, 1334x743px
post yfw, in the face of declining market share and player base, Wizards abolishes the RL and makes eternal formats accessible for everyone
>>
File: 8612984_f260.jpg (24KB, 260x266px) Image search: [Google]
8612984_f260.jpg
24KB, 260x266px
>>52060695
>Make eternal formats accesible, and have all the players play vintage instead of standard
Never in my life
>>
>>52056904
what a pretentious website
pay no attention to them
>>
>>52060428
I am so fucking sick of these buyouts. I'm all good with collectors because they make wizards stay alive due to buying more boxes than a NEET with no bills, but the speculators are the ones actually making it difficult to play this format because they want to play Wolf of Wall Street with a card game.

If I just wanted to try storm or instant reanimator out for fun, I'd have to pay an additional $60 or $240 respectively now
>>
>>52060795
Merchant scroll isn't necessary for gifts desu, I personally prefer it without, also you don't need a play set. Through the breech on the other hand is kike shit
>>
What sideboard options do abzan colors have for enchantment and artifact removal against a meta where chalice is played in almost half the decks?

And I can always assume they'll slam chalice on 1 or blood moon within their first 3 turns.
>>
>>52060919
Abrupt decay
>>
>>52060919
fetch for your fucking basics nigger. You may slow down to one spell per turn, but that's all you really need. And enchantment/artifact destruction in Green/White? Are you retarded? Fucking Abrupt decay and krosan grip and bad vindicate
>>
>>52060919
reclamation sage as well you piece of shit.
>>
>>52060562
Are you implying their hand wouldn't get raped too? Targeted discard is the problem
>>
>>52060562
I don't think twin would push them out of the meta.
>>
>>52060464
I think, like lantern control, it just needed time to perfect the shell.

That and it got tons of support with the last few sets.
>>
>>52060464
Traverse wasn't printed until recently. Also the all in combo version was just better
>>
>>52055035
>Not printing staples for more degenerate goldfish decks
This is supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
>>52061244
Why doesn't wizards just print a shitload of these and flood the market just to send a message?
>>
>Bauble is the draft promo for MM2017

mtgfinance get blown the fuck out
>>
>>52061386
Source
>>
>>52061386
Yeah gonna need sauce on that
>>
File: IMG_0047.jpg (143KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0047.jpg
143KB, 640x1136px
>people selling tarns on eBay for 100$ a piece
Holy shit literally retarded
>>
>>52061444
>>52061397

my dad works at magic
>>
>>52060678
Why would folds to any permission and/or killspell.dec be banned?
>>
>>52061648
Doesn't fold as hard to kill spells now desu. It's like cheerios, except with actual ways to draw cards
>>
>>52061665
Yeah but still to some extent does, the whole point of old storm was to ask if your opponent had mana leak or decay/claim to ascension, now basically any interaction does it. It's just worse Ad Nauseam for the purposes of playing solitaire and not dying to a stiff breeze.
>>
>Speculators buying out everything and increasing prices on other non-MM17 staples to the point where MM17 won't actually decrease entry costs at all.

These people will literally end up killing Modern and they need to fucking end their own lives, holy shit.

It's retarded on every possible angle, why do they think modern will become more popular (thus justifying their buyouts) if entry costs don't actually go down?
>>
>>52060428
Exactly what Instant in what deck are we tutoring for that's going to make this card good enough?

I feel like it's at best a mediocre toolbox card. Are you just searching for Pact or Silence or something to protect whatever hot combo is happening right now? I haven't updated my Ad Naus deck in a while but I have never considered or wanted this card.
>>
>>52061696
A few things, Modern storm is nothing like the original, and it always had electromancer. Another thin, the new gifts version is faster and more consistent than ad nauseum. Also it folds much less to counter spells, I've had my gifts countered and gone off the next turn many times. It's not as fragile as you think, it's extremely consitent now, and being able to play blood moon in the board is huge. It is way more resilient to discard, and honestly, winning through kill spells is not that difficult. You should try the deck desu, it's very good with baral now.
>>
>>52061808
It's run in the new baral gifts storm
>>
>>52061774
Even if speculators didn't do what they did, MM17 isn't going to lower the barrier to entry in a significant way.

Let's say your Advanced store gets its 9 box allocation from Wizards. That's only 36 boxes, which works out to 9 of any given Mythic and 18 of any given Rare. And given that almost NO player is going to crack 16 boxes of this on their own, the likelihood anybody is getting a playset (or half a playset) out of this product alone is pretty fucking unlikely.

Even if your store fights with their distributor for product (and fight they do because distributors use favoritism up the ass) it's still not enough.

Ideally, each store gets an injection of possibly 100 of a Mythic, which equates to 200 of a Rare. That's enough to support approximately 25 players at 1 deck/player. That means we need FIVE TO TEN times the boxes most stores are probably going to get.
>>
>>52061888

Have you seen online sellers? The allocations for this set is absolutely fucking astronomical.

Even if stores don't get THAT many the distributors are getting plenty, this isn't a WPN only product
>>
>>52061888
They're printing much more this time around. Get out of here with your simple math.
>>
>>52061888
The stores are getting a cunt load of boxes though
>>
>>52061888

>Even if your store fights with their distributor for product (and fight they do because distributors use favoritism up the ass) it's still not enough.

This argument is idiotic

It doesn't fucking matter if YOUR store doesn't get boxes from distributors because "Muh favoritism" the distributors are still gonna sell all those boxes to SOMEONE which means they will enter the market and drive down prices.
>>
I think that price of progress is a perfectly balanced card and it should be legal in modern. Between turns 2-3 and its no better than boros charm and can potentially hurt yourself, and by turn 4-5? Well shit son if you made it that far against burn the burn player is probably just about dead
Everyone who thinks the card is OP is just a braindead fag who plays Tron or some retard playing his 5 colour goodstuff deck..
%90 of all cards played in modern are mono colored and have a CMC of less than 3 if you can't cast %90 with 2 basics and a shock, well I'm sorry you're just playing a shit deck.
>>
File: trolling.jpg (32KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
trolling.jpg
32KB, 480x480px
>>52062075
3/5 got me to reply
>>
>>52062075

Reprint Contamination and Conversion
>>
>>52061910
>>52061918
>>52061927
>>52062004
The argument isn't idiotic if your local store needs to sell product to keep the lights on. They're the ones providing a play space and the only way they can justify it is if they sell singles or sealed product. If everyone's buying their goddamn product online then your local store is shit out of luck.

Sure, maybe I got the distribution wrong. Maybe there is a shit-load of product. But I think your standards of "a lot" are only relative to the godawful distribution of past product. Is it objectively enough to change the prices to where it's reasonable? I still say no, there still won't be enough to take prices down to a reasonable level. Things like Goyf and Liliana and Blood Moon and the Fetches need to be slapped down to the $30 mark (or lower) and that's just not going to happen. It's not even going to hit the $50 mark.

It's just not going to be enough. The prices are still going to be bullshit only not as bullshit as before. And then we're going to be really thirsty in a year and just as ravenous in two when the next MM comes out.

And before someone calls me a fucking poorfag I own all this shit and then some already. And in the six years Modern has been alive the prices of decks have only steadily gone up. I watched day-1 money like Jund and niche Tier 3 decks like Living End jump immensely never really dipping in spite of new card innovation or just stagnation.
>>
>>52053867
Mind bend is a favorite of mine, as well. Extremely powerful, severely underplayed.
>>
File: 203832.jpg (31KB, 324x450px) Image search: [Google]
203832.jpg
31KB, 324x450px
>>52053741
>Playing?
Boros Burn / UW Prison (Pillowfort)
>Hating?
anything with snapcaster mage
>Brewing?
working on the prison deck
>Spicy sideboard tech?
Burn: trying out 1 kari zev's Expertise in the MAINBOARD against bigger creatures that i cant deal with other than path or deflecting palm
Modern has gotten better imo, idk why or how
no idea, is this when the unban/band shit?
>>
>>52062106
>he thinks I'm trolling
Shit nigger, the card wouldn't even be oppressive in standard.

>>52062131
Contamination is a bit gay, because black doesn't get enchantment removal, but Conversion is in no way harmful to the format.
>comes down on turn 4
>provides colour fixing for the enchantment removal half of Wear // Tear
Perfectly ballanced
>>
>>52062155

>The argument isn't idiotic if your local store needs to sell product to keep the lights on.

I'll take "Not the topic we we're discussing" for 500 Alex!

And if your LGS is hurting so much that they need to rely on distributors to provide product in order to keep on the lights then maybe they should have demonstrated that the distributors can rely on them as well by showing some loyalty.

Fair-weather friends don't get invited to the wedding.
>>
>>52062190
Price of progress is built into the format by way of shock lands
>>
>>52062296

That doesn't account for Eldrazi/Tron decks, though.
>>
>>52062334
So there should be a card that punishes colorless lands
>>
>>52062359
...like Price of Progess?
>>
>tfw that spellweaver deck is garbage.
one win after 30 games.
>>
>>52062387
No, a card that SPECIFICALLY punishes colorless lands that is not price of progress. Price being introduced into the format would make burn the best deck and it wouldn't be close
>>
>>52062179
Shadow of doubt is better in every way
>>
>>52062422
So blood moon
>>
>>52062501
lmao no shit
>>
>>52062501
Blood moon doesn't beat tron
>>
>>52062515
It does if you have a clock. Of course you can't just sit there and durdle after you drop it
>>
>>52062515
It does if you aren't playing a slow as shit deck
>>
>price of progress is literally already built into modern decks
>people still want it printed
Autism
>>
I'm just imagining that in the Tron matchup instead of actually having to make the hard decision to having to kill the Karn/Ugin with a spell you just aim the Price at their face because "lol 6+ damage". You just know that even a Wurmcoil hit is not going to stabilize them enough at some point.
>>
>>52062515
t. Jeskai control player
>>
>>52062577
I'm sure some burn player just ejaculated uncontrollably after reading this
>>
Post uw jerks list
>>
>>52062630
No
>>
>>52062639
pls
>>
>>52062155
Literally all those cards besides lili goyf and tarn are less than 30 you stupid faggot
>>
>>52062577
>Price of Tron
>1 red 1 colorless
>Deals 3 damage to each player for each colorless producing land they control
>Spell Mastery
>If there are two or more instants and sorceries in your graveyard, wipe your ass with the tron players deck, and then git gud
>>
>>52062622
In Legacy I play two Prices in my Delver sideboard - really you only need one but it feels too good to rip it. With brainstorms (i.e. Ancestral) it feels really reliable.

In Modern I just figured that it only gets easier. In Legacy you have people sitting there knowing you might have it so you can just stop playing lands if you wanted because of curves being what they are and how Wasteland is good but not permanently crippling. But you don't have that option in Modern. What the fuck are you going to do NOT play your 4th land? One of the conditions of the format is that you almost always need to play a 4th land.

If you want to nerf Tron out of the format you just print Price. Burn will easily overtake Affinity; if Infect was still a deck it would also be dead. I honestly see no reason why Burn wouldn't be the best deck in the format if Price was printed and that is even considering after the meta adjusts. Seriously, what other deck out there maintains a low-land count and even hedges by fetching basics. What deck doesn't utterly get wrecked by Bloon Moon now and suddenly has double the reason to not play non-basics thanks to Price.
>>
>>52062736

>UR line
>on the draw

>their t4 eot bolt price
>t4 snap price

that's lethal right there on 4 nonbasics and 3 cards lol
>>
>>52062831
>2 cards 6 mana deal 16
Seems fine desu
>>
>>52062868
considering that with 7 mana 2 cards deals infinate damag, you aren't wrong.
>>
JUST REPRINT WASTELAND FOR MODERN

IT'S ALREADY A FIXED STRIP MINE
>>
>>52062973
Just play Leo in arbiter senpai
>>
>thoughtsieze spike
>dark confidant spike
>fulminator mage spike
Can these cunts just fuck off already? I thought for maybe a second I'd be able to get Jund but I guess not. Nice to see the cards that aren't being reprinted spike to make up for the reprints. I hope wizards actually decides to blow the secondary market out so hard someday these fucks will think actually be wary of investing their money in a children's card game.
>>
>>52063088
These things have not spiked
>>
File: can'tstopthejewtrain.jpg (61KB, 950x457px) Image search: [Google]
can'tstopthejewtrain.jpg
61KB, 950x457px
>>52063149
thoughtseize doubled in price and mage went up $10 and I don't see any reason why they're going to stop because of no reprints and they slot into decks that are getting hit by reprints.

I mean it's obvious what these jews are doing, buy up the cards that aren't being reprinted and farm the people trying to get a deck "on sale" because of reprints it's so scummy
>>
Is Ponza a control deck?
>>
Why do people still play Affinity?

Dredge is very similar in the way it plays out, only it has a much better game one and unlike affinity, doesn't die to heavy removal decks.
>>
>>52063357
Ponza is a middle finger ramp deck
>>
>>52060919
>disenchant
>krosans grip
>naturalize
>appetite for the unnatural

There are other options for one mana, but since you said they'll slam that chalice for 1 those are the safest options.
>>
>>52061561
Speaking of that, why fucking Tarns and Catacombs are highest in price?

Catacoms is kinda self explanatory based on the ammount of Abzan decks, but tarns?
>>
>>52063447
Legacy?
>>
>>52063088
This has nothing to do with speculation or buyouts, it's just some people buying the cards more, literally supply and demand you stupid faggot
Btw if you don't already have your playsets of those fucking absolutely necessary staples you should kill yourself
>>
File: torrential_gearhulk[1].jpg (43KB, 255x361px) Image search: [Google]
torrential_gearhulk[1].jpg
43KB, 255x361px
EDH player here, why did you fucks drive the price of this up so much? You think I can afford this shit
>>
>>52063364
It does to rip
>>
>>52063480
Go back to your thread or Reddit and stay there
>>
>>52063364
>only it has a much better game one
No it doesn't? It can't race any of the remaining combo decks or even other aggro decks without a mom hug that hits the nuts. It has worse postboard games than Affinity, you can beat Stony Silence with Etched Champion/Inkmoth beats/turn 2-3 kill on the play whereas without GGT Dredge does absolutely nothing through an unanswered rip or cage.
>>
>>52063480
Why the fuck are you blaming us, go make a standard general and bitch at them
>>
>>52063484
It doesn't if you board correctly and have a bit of luck. It's almost too slow with nut hands too.

Ya know Affinity dies to hate cards too.
Stony, Kataki, sweepers, generic artifact hate and so on.
More cards to hate on affinity

>>52063507
You better have the right mana sources because stony shuts off most.
Not hard to answer artifact hate with ancient grudges. RiP sucks but don't pretend you just auto scoop to it
>>
>>52063480
>this
>modern playable

And they said /tg/ isn't bad at magic.
>>
>>52063468
>it's just people buying cards more
Yeah just like with through the breach you dumb cunt. If it was natural supply and demand the cards wouldn't be increasing that fast. I already have my thoughtseizes but I don't like switching cards.

>if you don't have the pieces to play jund you should kill yourself
Go fuck yourself, not everyone palys BGx and I was thinking of getting into it with the reprints but that might not happen if these trends continue on the current cards and other cards as well, kill yourself.
>>
>>52063480
Tell me which Modern decks use this other than occasional shit moon lists
>>
>>52063480
Wrong thread buddy the standard and frontier general are two blocks down.
>>
>>52063447
There's just more decks in all formats that need to fetch a basic mountain over a basic forest.

That's really it.

Realistically, most of the time it doesn't matter. When it comes to blue decks all you need is a fetch that goes for an island and if you need a non-basic it's almost always going to be a basic island. I'm willing to say that some 90% of the time I go for a basic it's going to be an island and sometimes don't even have a basic in the deck for the other color of the fetch.

It's sometimes weird how people absolutely MUST have the netdeck fetches. If they looked at the lists they would realize it doesn't matter if you have a Polluted Delta or Scalding Tarn. Or between a Windbrisk Heights or Misty Rainforest.
>>
>>52063480

I always wondered if this would be fun to have in a Seance deck, personally.
>>
>>52063387
wonderful description. I can only imagine someone had an axe to grind when they brewed that deck
>>
>>52063575
If you're playing control and you have all day or you aren't running blood moon, sure. Having the wrong fetch fucking sucks
>>
>>52063480
Why the fuck are you using real cards at all in your goddamn unsanctioned format.

Fuck, you people are only slightly above the people who use real expensive-cards in Cube.
>>
>>52063542
No it doesn't, basic+4 rainbowlands+8 nexi is 13 as opposed to Citadel+Opal+Drum, 13>12.
Affinity can play much better around sweepers with Ravager and unanswered fast Overseer. The fact that Affinity has been tier 1 since forever as opposed to Dredge's 15 minutes of fame with GGT and busted new enablers says something about the resilience of both decks.
>>
>>52056628
>Boom/Bust Blue Moon and Ponza are among Tron's best matchups

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>52063628
but anon, all of their threats die to O-stone and they can never ever present a clock while disrupting tron. That means tron has a favorable matchup.
>>
>>52063628
The actual state of affairs as opposed to retarded folk wisdoms spread at MTG Salvation.
>blood moon is good vs tron
>mox opal and ssg should be banned
>grixis control is viable
>twin was stifling deck diversity
>cheerios is a good deck
Shit like this.

Neither Blue Moon nor Ponza really ever present a respectable clock and Tron wins every game in which its opponent doesn't do just that. Nature's Claim is a card, hardcast Wurmcoil/Karn is a thing, Life from the Loam is a card, Warping Wail is a card, Oblivion Stone is a card, neither deck can remove Ulamog.
>>
>>52058658
I'd guess you name construct with it and then its another counter on ballistas/walkers. still puts counters on arcbound workers and ravagers as well. might be a little too cheeky but who knows.
>>
>>52063583
>Seance
That card is such a fucking meme, I still don't know why they're printing it in MM3 there are a dozen other cards that would be so much better.
>>
>>52063624
Dredge is still a deck and consistently placing better than robots
>>
>>52063717
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdtKbq3Omkw
>>
>>52063567
>frontier
I highly doubt the Japs are buying up that many copies of blue hulk, not when they could be playing Bant Company.
>>
File: lel.png (477KB, 821x598px) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
477KB, 821x598px
>>52063717
Lol, are you sure about that?
>>
>>52063706
>>mox opal and ssg should be banned
And Price of Progress should be modern legal
>>
>>52063764
Yea lmao only modern decks are first page mtggoldfish amirite!
>>
>>52063840
What
>>
>>52063706
>blood moon is good vs tron
I don't know enough tron but it doesn't seem like the worst thing, not the best either.

>mox opal and ssg should be banned
mox opal doesn't need a ban
ssg doesn't need a ban, MAYBE during eldrazi winter but that's about it.

>grixis control is viable
fuck if I know just run bolts and fatal pushes that's about it

>twin was stifling diversity
nah you just have to not play like a retard

>cheerios is a good deck
nice meme
>>
>>52063907
The fact that there were +5 twin variants alone is proof enough that it wasn't stifling shit. The problem is that retarded spikes from reddit get boners just thinking about playing blue and they all jumped on the twin bandwagon which is why it got banned.
>>
>>52063907
>>52063995
The thing people also forget that actual control (UWR and Grixis) had a place in the meta because they were slightly favored BGx and Affinity/Infect, wiped the floor with Twin and relied on Twin keeping the most degenerate bullshit off the top8.
>>
>>52063995
>temur twin
it sucked

>grixis twin
it sucked slightly less

>jeskai twin
sucked slightly less

>actual twin
good and consistent with slightly better burn match up because you don't kill yourself due to fetches

twin wasn't even the major fucking problem it was

A) tapped out against UR on turn 3 like an idiot now i don't have path
B) deceiver exarch since you couldn't bolt it.

you could have banned exarch and they would've had one less target making the deck less consistent and i guess making jeskai twin slightly better since you had a second target for twin in village bell ringer, granted it would still be shit.

>>52064028
agreed.
>>
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS
>>
>>52064065
I don't get it
>>
File: 1488528811792.png (432KB, 651x616px) Image search: [Google]
1488528811792.png
432KB, 651x616px
>>52064065
APOLOGIZE
>>
>>52064065
>tfw you live in canada so you can't get boxes from rudy at discount price
>>
>>52064065
>pay me $15 a month and get a "discounted booster box"
Truly he is our greatest ally
>>
>>52064090
Some mtg finance faggot
>>
>>52064114
So a rich dickhead who's too chickenshit to actually play the stock market?
>>
>>52064058
>temur twin sucked
Tarmo twin was like the best twin deck at the end you tremendous faggot, thanks for confirming you're a retard and you don't know shit so we can all disregard your input
>>
when's Return to Lowryn

#makefaeriesgreatagain
>>
File: rudy.jpg (902KB, 4282x5000px) Image search: [Google]
rudy.jpg
902KB, 4282x5000px
>>52064141
Yes.
>>
>>52064242
>Tarmo Twin was the best

I give that a 10/10 bait

If you wanna argue which Twin variant was the best toward the end it was Grixis because of Kolaghans Command + Snappy

Temur didn't add shit outside of Goyf and it was just for shitters
>>
>>52064302
this

kolaghans is still one of my favorite cards desu
>>
File: hope.png (413KB, 452x456px) Image search: [Google]
hope.png
413KB, 452x456px
>>52064302
>snappy
>>
File: jundemout.jpg (191KB, 1122x794px) Image search: [Google]
jundemout.jpg
191KB, 1122x794px
How's my delver deck /tg/?
>>
So is that kiln fiend/ TITI deck still a thing?
>>
File: (You).jpg (220KB, 600x324px) Image search: [Google]
(You).jpg
220KB, 600x324px
>>52064392
Subtle.
>>
>>52064392
old bait. kys
>>
>>52064302
Literally all bricks twin was, was people too poor to afford goyf who just slapped tasigur and gurmag in there.
>UR was the best
>but the twin decks that are less like ur are better than the ones with the absolute best creature in modern
Do you realize how retarded you sound? It's literally ur twin with some shit shave for tarmogoyf to put a clock on, anyone who doesn't realize tarmo twin was the best never played it
>>
>>52064141
Actually he used to play the real stockmarket as a financial advisor. He quit either because he got fed up with it or he saw that Magic was ripe for someone with his knowledge and experience.

So now he manages properties, restaurants, and does his Magic investor thing.

I'm pretty sure he makes more money doing his own thing.

It's sad that Magic became lucrative at all. I really don't think it's anything to be actually proud of even though the retards say it markets the game well and it makes the product appealing to prospective players if there's a dollar figure attached to it. I don't blame him for exploiting the situation; I'm just really fucking sad that this is where we've gone.

The game (any game) could be just as hardcore without a pro-sport scene or stupid money-market backing it. It's a fucking cardboard game for fucks sake. What's next, are we going to have fucking drug tests? We already eviscerate former fellons publicly in the game. We're going to have fucking safe spaces and goddamn trigger warnings before most competitive games/sports.
>>
>>52064457
>We're going to have fucking safe spaces and goddamn trigger warnings before most competitive games
There's a vocal part of the Magic community that wants this. Just check out Reddit (yeah, I know, hurr durr redditor) and you'll see how toxic those people are.
>>
>>52064430
I'm not even the guy that said base UR was for sure the best

I'm just a guy that know thats Temur Twin was one of the worst variants

Let's see what cards we good cards we get from being Grixis
>Kolaghans Command
>Thoughtseize and pals
>Tasigur (if you think Tasigur is bad in Twin you should actually kill yourself)
>Terminate
>+decent sideboard cards

Now lets do some critical thinking and see how these cards change Twin. Wow Kcommand gets back a combo piece and does some other helpful stuff and conveniently plays at instant speed like the rest of Twin. Thoughtseize helps control the game and helps you combo. Tasigur is a cheap card that gets card advantage in the late pretty much winning you all long matches and is a pretty big beater himself. Terminate can kill goyfs and interrupt other twins and plays at instant speed.

But please explain how adding Green is way better because you get a big Grizzly Bear faggot
>>
>>52064561
You're getting and confrontational for no reason. Please kill yourself.
>>
>>52064576
>You're getting and confrontational for no reason. Please kill yourself.
>Getting and confrontational

At least I'm not forgetting words in the angry stupor like you are

Oh and I'm sure it's just an accident but you forgot to argue your own point. Surely you just must have forgotten that running away from an argument doesn't mean you win. Don't worry pal it happens to all of us.
>>
>>52064561
>let's dilute the proven good UR shell, or the proven UR shell splash green for 2 mana 5/6 because we are too poor to afford goyf so we use tasigur
Really makes me think
>>
It's fucking weird that TSG ate shit for doing essentially this on his own time. Although I can understand that there's some major conflict of interest in that he's doing the exact same thing as his job. That's like doing construction on the side of your construction job. And yes, I know he ate shit for the conflict of interest and accusations of theft but the theft was dis-proven.

And here's Rudy. Playing the same game.

>>52064488
I browse Reddit's Magic too. They simply get the news the fastest. And yes, I can't help but read the comments to see how stupid they are.

Essentially you have to preface every statement with "hurr durr" now if only to shut up the retards here who think Reddit has nothing of value and will discredit anything you say just because you even mentioned the place. It's mostly a shit place but it's still a useful resource if only to see how fucking awful the "official" forum of Magic is and the sort of circle jerking that goes on. I don't know why the fuck they have to post "let's take the time to thank good guy Wizards/company" for jizzing in our mouths. It's disgusting how they utterly lack any critical thinking skills beyond coming up with upvoting puns. 4chan by it's very foundations will never be that shit. Wizards can shill here all they want but you can't downvote pissed off people.
>>
>>52064633
>mfw retards dilute the superior GB midrange and splash red for bolt and call it "juh-nnd"

Can you believe this?
>>
>>52064657
That's not the same at all you fucking retard
>>
>>52064699
Then maybe use an argument outside of "lel poor" and I'll see if I can come up with a better response

Also playing modern and calling other people poor is pretty ironic considering even a playset Goyf is affordable even if you flip burgers
>>
>>52064717
Name 1 matchup outside of combo matchups where grixis is better than temur
>>
>>52064699
Considering that now we have fatal push, its pretty accurate now. Oblitterrock is gonna be great again. They can run fucking prey upon to make thier opponent just fucking scoop.
>>
>>52064771
bait?
>>
>>52064749
Jund or Abzan? You have hard removal for more threats. You have a lot more inherent card advantage to fight against their discard plan.

Now where is your burden of proof that splashing for a big 2 mana beater is worth it? Wouldn't that dilute UR for no real reason as well? How about you explain even a little why it's better? Oh wait....you won't
>>
File: IMG_0042.jpg (19KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0042.jpg
19KB, 400x295px
>>52064811
>why is tarmogoyf better than tasigur
>>
>>52064807
No?
>>
>>52064838
They are very different cards anon

You might notice that Tasigur has some weird flavor text under the delve keyword. I would investigate that.
>>
>>52063907
I think he referenced what was being told in mtgsalvation, not his opinion.
>>
>>52064845
Obliterator is pretty bad. What would you run that is as powerful as lingering souls or k command to justify only running two colours?
>>
>>52064896
I dunno man 5 mana for
>opponent sacs all their shit seems pretty good.
>>
>>52064942
If you have this specific combo in hand and your obliterator doesn't get pathed, pushed, terminated, bounced, etc.

I think there is a reason it sees no play
>>
UR Storm is the best deck in Modern right now.
>>
>>52064970
I have yet to lose to it.
Here's a pro tip. Kill their guys
>>
>>52064960
That is why you play it T5 after your opponent taps out playing Kalitas :^)
>>
>>52064986
I'm not worried about any deck playing kalitas
>>
>>52063907
I think he referenced what was being told in mtgsalvation, not his opinion.
>>
File: 28-3.png (568KB, 681x567px) Image search: [Google]
28-3.png
568KB, 681x567px
>>52064983
>Mfw you tap out turn 2 to kill my guy and I storm off turn 3 with a new one cause we run 8 now and 40% of the deck just draws cards
>>
>>52065079
I'm not tapping out. You think I'm terminating or some trash? lol
>>
>>52065096
You realize that new baral storm can go off turn 3 after casting a guy that same turn pretty easily right? Plus it runs 3 remand
>>
>>52065079
>tap out
>to cast bolt
wew lad
>>
>>52065127
You realize online magic is flooded with this deck and I've played against it many times? It's not the best deck in modern
>>
>>52065127
Emphasis on the word can. A functional hand where you have 2 discount dudes is already in the vast majority, adding Gifts on top just lowers those odds.
>>
>>52065142
What deck do you run
>>
>>52065148
>Cast serum visions and slight of hand twice or another draw spell
>Already seen 15 cards turn 2
You don't understand mtg do you
>>
>>52065136
>Instead of casting goyf you casted bolt
Works for me
>>
>>52065177
A better one than you, redditor.
>>
>>52065257
Wow, great talk.
>>
>>52065257
>Storm is Reddit
Kill yourself
>>
>>52065177
not that guy but you're joking right? your deck is only good against solitaire decks in green and kinda red.
>>
>>52065290
Who are you quoting? Retard.
>>
>>52065192
Then you haven't cast a first discount dude, make up your fucking mind.
>>
>>52065291
Literally wrong in every way, but ok
Pro tip: the affinity matchup is 60:40
>>
>>52065345
>matchup is 60:40
because you say so?
>>
>>52065340
Then you can just cast your discount on turn 3 and storm off at instant speed through disruption you tard
>>
File: en_WE4IFzFyw5.png (150KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
en_WE4IFzFyw5.png
150KB, 265x370px
>>52065345
>being this stupid
Okay, let's start with the basics. See pic related? That's what we call a "basic land". It's used to create "mana" with which to cast "spells". Is this clearing things up, you stupid waste of oxygen?
>>
>>52065372
Cool story bro, at any other news from MCL?
>>
>>52059726
>Sigarda doesn't turn into a 10/10 untouchable monster desu
>>
>>52065370
Because you haven't ever played magic in your life clearly
Pro tip: don't talk about things you know absolutely nothing about
>>
>>52065397
not an argument
>>
>>52058960
are u dense? name construct you tard
>>
>>52065397
Not an argument.
>>
>>52065419
>>52065433
Go goldfish baral storm 100 times then do the same for affinity
>>
>>52065475
I'm not going to go do anything. The burden of proof is on you, faggot.
>>
File: [sad beep].jpg (45KB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
[sad beep].jpg
45KB, 500x209px
>tfw Emerge isn't good enough for Modern
>>
>>52065491
Neither is storm but look at the thread.
>>
>>52065487
>storm literally has zero people playing it after the probe ban
>it also requires a ton of practice to play it optimally
>the same guy, the only one who started playing the deck after the probe ban 5-0d a modern daily 4 times in the last month with it
Makes me think
>>
>>52065586
>modern daily
means nothing

Also not that hard to play lol
>>
>>52065586
>makes me think
>>>/pol/
>>>/tv/
Stop shitposting.

Also,
>5-0
Nope.
>>
File: autism.png (318KB, 551x642px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
318KB, 551x642px
>>52065515
>Storm isn't good enough for modern
>Still makes up a better meta share than all other modern decks besides 10 other eternal top decks, even after they banned probe, one of the absolute best cards in the deck
>Is very difficult to play
>>
>>52065663
It's not difficult. Fuck off with that
>fotm deck has many players
Wow
>>
>>52065639
>>52065616

But the storm deck did go 5-0. And it was a Modern event that had popular decks Death's Shadow Aggro, Eldrazi Tron, and Jund.
>>
>>52065696
>Isn't difficult to play
Sure bud, just keep explaining to us all you're never played it
>Has many players
Ebin
>>
>>52065586
>mtgo
>any kind of acurate representation of actual competitive modern play
nigga some retard went 5-0 with BR Vampires on MTGO, please KYS
>>
>>52065616
jon fucking finkel has said himself that it is one of the most difficult decks to pilot in modern
>>
>>52065718
Don't even bother, autists who can't accept that all decks that ran git probe didn't die have no sense. Mind you these were the same people saying death's shadow was a dead meme and cheerios was good
>>
>>52065771
Fuck John Finkel, he doesn't know shit desu, this was before the gifts version which is actually more difficult to play
>>
>>52065768
Yeah, people 5-0 with mediocre modern decks, 13 year olds have won legacy tournies with burn decks, completely irrelevant that it doesn't fit your standards
>>
>>52065771
>b-but this guy said so!
Tom Brady says it's hard to vote Democrat. That doesn't make it true.
>>
>>52065848
>tom brady
>knowing shit other than playing football

>john finkel
>arguably the best mtg player of all time
>saying he doesn't know what he's talking about when discussing mtg

just stop posting
>>
>>52065848
Holy fuck, this is some serious autism. Please explain to me what voting democrat has to do with football.
>>
>>52065874
This guy clearly knows more than John Finkle, you can tell by his truly flawless logic of comparing Tom Brady's political preferences with John Finkle's MTG opinions. I'm 99% sure he's trolling or retarded at this point
>>
>>52065817
Burn is good in legacy tho
Not every deck that isn't miracles is shit in Legacy ya'know
>>
>>52065924
Burn's 'ok' in legacy. Serviceable, but that's it.
>>
>>52065874
>arguably the best
Nope.
>>
File: pls.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
pls.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>52065924
>Burn is good in Legacy
>>
File: 39421_200w.jpg (30KB, 200x285px) Image search: [Google]
39421_200w.jpg
30KB, 200x285px
>>52053741
>Playan
Abzan Company
>Hatan
Tron
>Brewan
Black Devotion, pic related
>Spicy sideboard tech
Bonfire of the Damned in GR Tron
>Thoughts on current meta
Unban pod, twin, SFM, JTMS and let the format go ape shit.
>>
>>52065874
>>52065771
No that guy, but would you mind regailing me with some tales about John Brady
I'm pretty casual and only play Modern at My LGS and the monthly Tournaments Face to Face holds, so just about every tin someone mentions a magic 'celebrity" I'm always left going ???
>>
>>52065977
>pic related
Make sure to play Arena for Maximum Spice anon kun
>>
>>52065950
Holy fuck, I love the absolute stubborn retardation of this board. I love how you would try to act like John Finkel is not arguably the best than admit storm is hard to play in Modern. What a disgusting sad fucking person
>>
>>52065978
He has literally placed top8 in over 80% of major tournaments he has competed in
>>
>>52065921
Tell him about it, then. Not me. I don't care about your opinion.
>>
>>52065977
>let the format go ape shit.
This
Let it fucking burn
See players flock to Burn because they have no idea what the fuck to do amidst the chaos that will no doubt erupt.Then ban Bolt
>>
File: 1446053019705.gif (1MB, 200x118px) Image search: [Google]
1446053019705.gif
1MB, 200x118px
>>52065992

>mfw timeshifted

Not that anon but I didn't know it was modern legal
>>
File: 1485924323346.gif (564KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1485924323346.gif
564KB, 800x430px
>>52065994
>gets so BTFO that he resorts to name-calling and autistic screeching
>>
>>52066027
It seems to trick people up a lot, Time Spiral was actually the first time the card was printed in an actual set.
>>
File: Arena_MI_ES.jpg (46KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Arena_MI_ES.jpg
46KB, 312x445px
>>52066066

Yep. I knew it existed, but thought it was from an old set. Probably got it years ago with a magazine or something
>>
>>52066145
>>52066145
>>52066145
>>52066145
>>52066145
>>52066145
New thread
>>
>>52066120
I like this art
>>
>>52066153
jumped the gun a little early senpai desu wait until we're around 8 or 9.
>>
>>52065994
For what it matters I agree Finkel is one of the highest authorities on Storm. Anytime he shows up to an event it's what he plays. Every time he plays everyone picks up the new iteration of the deck that he plays, whether or not he designed it.

He's one of the classic pros who grew up but can always pick it back up like people like Nassif or Kibler because they didn't suck; unlike deadbeats like Kastle.

He's legitimately one of the good ones, legitimately nice and good at the game. There's exceptionally skilled but unpleasant grognards like Froleich or Turtenwald. And when LSV was starting out as the face of Wizards Magic he was kinda a dick before he learned that it's important to not be a shitter when you can be adored by being overall pleasant.
>>
>>52066213
It doesn't matter, but thanks for backing me up I guess.
Thread posts: 334
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.