[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 385
Thread images: 47

File: Frog Deity.jpg (630KB, 1206x575px) Image search: [Google]
Frog Deity.jpg
630KB, 1206x575px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>New Unearthed Arcana: Traps Revisited
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/0227_UATraps.pdf

>Give feedback on the previous Unearthed Arcana:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/19723ad02610

>New Plane Shift: Kaladesh
http://media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/Plane-Shift_Kaladesh.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous thread
>>51930966
>>
first for 3rd level fighter soloing 8 kobolds
>>
File: 1443987515762.jpg (115KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1443987515762.jpg
115KB, 1440x810px
>/5eg/ Discord server
https://discord.me/5eg
>>
File: iceland hex stones river.jpg (207KB, 990x742px) Image search: [Google]
iceland hex stones river.jpg
207KB, 990x742px
Anybody have some good monster collections?
I've got Volo's, the Monster Manual, Tome of Beasts, and 5th Edition Foes.

5th Edition Foes in particular was amazing, I love the ecology section, it helped make adding the monsters into the world pretty smooth, since I know how they're supposed to live/act.
>>
>>51936093
>good monster collections
>Tome of Beasts
>>
>>51936109
I like the Void Dragon, at least, and things like the Dune Mimic were pretty cool. Why's it bad?
>>
>>51936049
Newish player here. Let's say I'm a Rogue with a +3 Dex mod and the Burglar feat. I also have Sleight of Hand expertise.

What's my mod when picking locks? It's throwing me off a little
>>
>>51936134
It's like the UA; there's some good stuff, but everything else is shit
>>
>>51936049
My players are gonna be slummin' it with some smugglers soon.

I need some good smuggler nicknames.
>>
File: Somarch.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Somarch.pdf
1B, 486x500px
I posted this in the previous thread just a little while ago, asking for critique/gutting/name calling.

Already stated suggestions:
>hit dice
>saves
>non-standard spell progression
I'm thinking 1d8 hit dice and Con/Int.

I was aiming to emulate Warlock casting but with arcane/int casting, which is why I didn't use the Ranger/Paladin/Eldritch Knight/Arcane Trickster path. Should I use spells known instead? Other suggestions?
>>
>>51936204
Fair enough; there was a fair bit in there that didn't seem all that great. Which is like the UA, so yeah.
>>
File: proficiency.png (74KB, 383x466px) Image search: [Google]
proficiency.png
74KB, 383x466px
>>51936136
Sleight of Hand doesn't enter into this. Do you have Thieves' Tools proficiency? (Yes, since you took Burglar.) That's what you use to pick locks.

You add your Dex to your proficiency, which you can see by referring to your TOTAL CHARACTER LEVEL (not Rogue level). Since Burglar gave you Expertise in Thieves' Tools, your total lock-picking modifier is:

(PROF*2) + 3
It's seven if you're level 1-4, and nine if you're 5-8.
>>
>>51936222
"Fingers"
"Brick"
"Whistler"
>>
>>51936136
Lock picking is a thieves' tools check, which is a Dexterity check with your thieves' tools bonus. Since you're a rogue and should have proficiency with thieves' tools, Burglar gives you expertise with them, so your lock pick check is 1d20+7 if your proficiency is +2, or 1d20+9 if your proficiency is +3, and so on.
>>
File: 1426479507676.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1426479507676.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
>>51936049
>Traps Revisited
>>
>>51936049
>Trap UA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0geIDWPl2I
>>
>>51936222
Slim Cognito
>>
>>51936067
You don't need class levels to do this. I have superior genes compared to most people, and could kill 8-12 kobolds with a shield and longsword.
>>
I may be running a side game if one of my players doesn't show up again soon. Everyone is goblins and their task is to survive the Underdark as a band of plucky goblins. I plan to kill them off frequently with cool things. I am having writers block with monsters, environments and traps though. What kind of shit is in the Underdark? Is the concept of the Underdark old and boring now?
>>
>>51936067
I was there for the birth of this meme
>>
>>51935468
To continue this,
>Find Familiar, and two other enchantment/illusion, probably charm person or disguise self or tasha's hideous laughter.

Find Familiar is pretty great.

What other options are good suggestions while I continue reading through them?
>>
File: welcome.jpg (96KB, 900x724px) Image search: [Google]
welcome.jpg
96KB, 900x724px
>be DM
>send party to hell
>fight a chain devil
>the one guy that knows about my fetish calls magical realm
>I was just trying to find a fiend that could fight the whole party at once

you guys know that feel, right?

...right?
>>
>>51936577
You're weird anon.
>>
>>51936577
Only one of my players knows my fetishes and that's because we used to sleep together. We still do, but we used to, too.

So no, sorry. You're on your own, friend.
>>
>>51936577
>chain devil
>fetish

That's odd. Tell us about your magical realm.
>>
>>51936620
ok Mitch Hedburg
>>
>start at level 5
>STILL CAN'T AFFORD FUCKING FULL PLATE

BULLSHIT
>>
How does one reliably keep a horse safe if they have to leave it behind to delve into dungeons? I'm becoming paranoid that bad things will happen to this horse if we're not with it and the wagon.
>>
>>51936698
That's what The Help is for. Get hirelings.
>>
>>51936497

a drunk duergar

a couple of drow who demand the goblins dance for their entertainment, or else

some svirfneblin prospectors arguing over their shares of the mine contract

a mind flayer who decides the goblins' brains aren't worth the effort of eating if they act dumb enough

a good adventuring party on their last legs after an encounter with a purple worm

kobolds eating something that smells really good

Cloakers, Ropers, Grimlocks,

just some thoughts, obviously quantity over quality
>>
>>51936646
like, extremely mild bondage. He just latched onto the "chain" part.
He may have also been mad because everybody else made their saves and only he got grappled.
>>
>>51936692
cry more
>>
>>51936577
Should have just said you wanted to feel like Hellraiser.
>>
>>51936698
Train your horse to kill.
>>
>>51936739
Well, just ignore it. Or prepare witty comebacks for such cases.
>>
>>51936692
Boohoo
My cleric couldn't even equip it if I found some

>>51936739
>Extremely mild bondage
>Chain
Either you or your player are vanilla af
>>
>>51936712
That might work if I can afford to have them around so much.
>>51936758
I could try but I can't be certain of any success at it, and then there is the matter of the wagon possibly getting in the way of it defending itself. Maybe I'm just worrying too much.
>>
>>51936698
>>51936801
What is your class?

There are several spells available that would allow you to leave some kind of familiar or effect behind to at least warn you about danger. There are also wards.
>>
>>51936544

Silent Image and Disguise Self can be very good depending on campaign and DM. Sleep is good at low levels, you can swap it out later for something with more staying power. Consider taking Minor Illusion instead of one of Booming/Greenflame. It can be immensely useful, again depending on campaign and DM.
>>
>>51936787
definitely both, but him just a little bit more.
>>
>>51936507
I'm gonna need some context.

For my files.
>>
>>51936822
Level 3 Paladin.
>>
So there's a billion guides out there for writing your first adventure, introducing the party members, building your first dungeon, etc..

How do you turn that first adventure into a longer campaign that lasts more than a couple of sessions, without just making your campaign a series of one-off goblin nests?
>>
>>51936855
Use the archive
>>
File: mulan-live-action-disney.jpg (83KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
mulan-live-action-disney.jpg
83KB, 1000x563px
>>51936577
>Friend knows I like boyish girls and have a thing for reverse traps/stories where a woman has to disguise herself as a man for any reason
>Laughs whenever I introduce an even vaguely masculine woman as a PC or NPC
>>
>>51936880
Don't take the horse with you to the dungeon?
>>
>>51936882
usually some kind of Macguffin in pieces that the party has to go to each place to find a part of. Or they chase the villain across a bunch of different areas. Or (my favorite) the repercussions of a previous adventure forces the party into a new one.
The best part of the last one is that it gets easier to cherry pick new plot devices the longer the campaigns have gone on.
>>
>>51936882
I don't understand what you need help with. Obviously the next step is to expand the scope of the world and introduce an overarching plot
>>
>>51936882
The standard way most adventures and DMs handle it is by creating an on-going problem or a villainous scheme that advances over time which the party is intended to stop, and they drop hints to this or have questgivers steer the party towards it.

Fuck that. Players go along with that shit because "that's what the campaign is." You want to make them really care?
WRONG THEM.

Some entity has to screw the party over. This should not take the form of "beating the party up and leaving", nor should it be the BBEG in the flesh. You either kidnap or murder an NPC they like, have said NPC turn out to be a shithead, deny them a promised reward, set them up to take a fatal or judicial fall, or steal from them.

Heed these words: if you steal magic items from the party and allow them to know who did it, they will move heaven and fucking earth to find and murder that asshole. A lich could be destroying the kingdom right now, but if some random bandit stole their +1 dagger they weren't even using from the inn room at night, or nicked their wagon while they were in a cave, they will drop literally everything else and chase down this asshole. Nope, sorry ma'am, can't help you with your undead problem--we need to get our worthless knife back.
>>
What weapon should I use for a Long Death Monk?

I feel like I might as well just use my fists and carry some darts or something since it's just as damaging as a weapon.
>>
>>51936964
I could do that but I'd have to see how expensive keeping the horse and wagon in town would be and hope no one decides to steal either.
>>
>>51936997
>investigating a shop whose rightful owner had their lease stolen by the arch-enemy of our artificer
>party tank talks to the hired help inside but she won't let him speak to the manager
>gets increasingly frustrated and starts yelling at her
>she calls for security to give him the boot
>tank stalks her back to her home, spies on her for a day
>the rest of us are off investigating and resting
>he's staring through this woman's windows and framing her for an affair with a bad guy
>"Does she have any children?"
>trying to ruin this random NPC woman's marriage and family because she couldn't magically summon the manager to the store
>>
>>51936829
I really wish we got more than just the one extra cantrip later on.

and I was looking for something besides the enchantment and illusion spells to get.
>>
>>51937033
If you're playing the kind of campaign/with the kind of DM who would make those situations something that happens, it seems like your playing in a pretty "hardcore" setting.

I'm not exactly sure of everything that is available, but I know a 3rd level paladin doesn't have a lot of options. You may just have to deal with it. The best solution is either getting a mount that can defend itself, waiting to take the kind of spells I was talking about (if you can), purchasing scrolls for those kinds of spells, finding or making the appropriate magic items (see DMG for rules), hiring NPC help (see DMG for rules), or relying on your fellow party members.

Regardless, you aren't getting it for free, or easily. Especially not at 3rd level.
>>
>>51936954
>Introduce an aggressive, muscular woman NPC
>Female player's female PC immediately starts hitting on her
It actually ended up being quite the sweet romance.
>>
>>51936739
Git gud faggot, I have a giantess fetish and I'm running SKT
>>
File: Locke Character Sheet.jpg (523KB, 1582x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Locke Character Sheet.jpg
523KB, 1582x2048px
Anyone want to compare character sheets?

Post the sheet of the last character that you played as in an actual session, see how they stack up.
>>
>>51937059
Just like real life
>>
>>51937160
I don't really know how "hardcore" things are but it's not very light I think. I was coming to much the same conclusion on the matter myself but I thought I'd ask in case there were things I hadn't considered. Anyway, thank you and all the others that have made suggestions.
>>
>>51937116
Absorb Elements is a decent survivability boost. Resistance to a dragon's breath or a fireball can save your life. The damage boost next round is a nice kicker
>>
>>51937162
Man, the only romance my groups have had are a Barbarian and his completely non-magical and inanimate axe, and our Paladin marrying a particle collider AI.
>>
Thoughts on what are good herbivores for subterranean caverns? I was thinking about rothes and aurochs roaming fungal forests.
>>
>>51936882
1. Start your players with a one-off quest, perhaps to explain how their motley crew got together.
2. Follow up that quest with a somewhat longer, beefier, more substantial quest that's almost certainly going to take a few sessions to resolve.
3. When the quest is about to resolve, something either goes disasterously wrong or their employer double-crosses them, and the party must find a way to cope and regain lost ground.

The third step becomes their "Call to adventure." Especially if there's someone specifically involved who screwed them over. They bend heaven and earth to kill that bastard.
>>
>>51937207
Shit son, you runnin that sick Rouge?
>>
>>51937207
absolute bonkers ability scores, thats for sure. Why is it always the rogues who roll so well?
>>
>>51936692
>not killing the king's knight after he sends you a message to save the townsfolk
Are you even an adventurer?
>>
>>51937207
How the fuck are your ASIs so high at level 4? Did you roll for them or something?
>>
Hexblade PAM with quarterstaff + shield with 1 level in fighter for heavy armor and dueling fighting style, good or no?
>>
File: dr. fisher.png (317KB, 525x604px) Image search: [Google]
dr. fisher.png
317KB, 525x604px
>>51937342
I'd say giant snails, slugs, caterpillars, that kind of thing, but downplay the gross aspect of them and play up the "holy shit there's a big ass snail munching some fungus over there" type thing.
Then have them meet a hermit who's domesticated the snails and has dozens of baby ones crawling all over him and his house and he doesn't give a fuck at all.
>>
>>51937414
>Why is it always the rogues who roll so well?

Slight of hand.
>>
>>51937315
I want to hear about this paladin and particle collider.

Our campaign was quite notable for various subplots, including romantic ones. Our barbarian hooked up with two women. The first was a 17-year-old crushing on him hardcore, and who's heart he broke. (Aforementioned female player's female PC ended up seducing her as well). The second he had feelings for but felt obligated to leave before the final battle.
>>
File: Druid Sheet.jpg (575KB, 1582x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Druid Sheet.jpg
575KB, 1582x2048px
>>51937359
Hell yeah I'm running that bad motherfucker.

I actually didn't mean to make it so good, it's my first time doing a Rogue, and it's a pirate campaign, so I went with Swashbuckler when I had the chance. When I saw my +8 AC I realized "Holy shit I need to get the Alert feat," and when Level 4 hit, I got it. +13 is insane.

I almost lost it, though, when I got extremely cocky and thought I became too OP to be threatened.

Turns out 2d6+1d4+1d8 damage every round is trash when you can't beat the AC of a Goro-like creature who chomps into your brain and gives you Locked-in Syndrome until you get Lesser Restoration.

>>51937414
>>51937424
Yeah, it was rolling. In front of the people, so they freaked out hard. I swear those d6s traded in good rolls there for meh rolls here, rolled an hour later.
>>
>>51937470
Mate, he's laughing at you, you spelled Rogue wrong on your sheet
>>
Rate my Warlord homebrew, /5eg/.

I know I'm inviting ridicule and churlish hate, but I worked pretty hard on it and if even one person likes it, it will have been worth it.

http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/SyJ34Nofx
>>
>>51937445
Our gnome Bard once hired two Thri-Kreen hookers and gave them some mushrooms he'd gotten from a wizard. They wound up going psycho and eating each other bath-salts style.

We left town early that night.
>>
File: 1431432455703.jpg (59KB, 710x407px) Image search: [Google]
1431432455703.jpg
59KB, 710x407px
>>51937059
>steal some random documents we didn't even bother to read from some mercs
>they steal it back
>end up setting their HQ in the city on fire, then blowing it up
>didn't get the documents back
>>
So /tg/, Arctic Circle Druid Lvl 8 with 16 Wis. Do I improve that Wis or get Elemental Adept (Cold) because I have a feeling we might end up fighting demons soon...
>>
File: 1485714193097.jpg (83KB, 569x571px) Image search: [Google]
1485714193097.jpg
83KB, 569x571px
>Looking at weapon options for a Monk
>Daggers count as Monk Weapons (But not as Ranged Weapons for Sharpshooter)
>Darts count as Ranged Weapons for Sharpshooter (But not Monk Weapons)
>>
File: kim-van-deun-gnome-wizard.jpg (113KB, 452x670px) Image search: [Google]
kim-van-deun-gnome-wizard.jpg
113KB, 452x670px
Anyone like reading backstories?
I'm making the a complete cancer character (divination wizard, lucky feat) but challenged myself to make an interesting character out of it.

http://pastebin.com/nzXtaD7k
>>
>>51937608
Wait, darts don't count?
Who the fuck uses darts besides Eastern monk motherfuckers and ninjas? The aztecs?
>>
>>51937654
oh and its way too long, 4 pages
>>
>>51937663
>Martial Arts
>Your practice of martial arts gives you mastery of combat styles that use unarmed strikes and monk weapons, which are shortswords and any simple melee weapons that don't have the two-handed or heavy property.

>Simple Melee Weapons

>Dagger is a Simple Melee Weapon
>Dart is a Simple Ranged Weapon
>Are otherwise identical, (Including ranges)
>>
File: sacla09.jpg (370KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
sacla09.jpg
370KB, 1280x800px
>>51937445
Setting was revealed to be post-apocalyptic, axis-tilted Earth many sessions in when the party tracked the BBEG's henchmen to a mountain cavern they were excavating which held a pre-apocalypse facility. Met a neurotic golem that tagged along with us and talked about grain a lot and dispensed (radioactive) healing. It was the Svalbard seed bank and its sole surviving robot caretaker from our very near future. He had issues after somehow developing sentience and growing a robo-conscience over having "murdered" his "dumb" robrothers and sisters for spare parts, because at least one of them had to keep the plants growing over the millennia.

Second such facility was a CERN-like base buried in the ice super-SACLA, Japan, haunted by several ghosts. One of them kept trying to kill the party by trying to trap them in rooms with weird gremlin-like things and golems, bury them in collapses, and blowing them up with strange magic. The other tried to steer them around the first ghost's traps. It was the crazed and more powerful facility AI vs. the sane particle collider and XFEL operations AI. After killing the first ghost, the party dug an old golem body out of storage and helped the second ghost possess it. It travelled around with the party and interpreted the capabilities of the BBEG's metal beasts for them. "She" had a cheery demeanor and hit it off with the Ancients Paladin who was all about light and life and looking on the bright side of things, and they got hitched later on.
>>
>ass combat
>traps
I just literally can't even
>>
>>51937554
>it's a full class
...I'll read it later.
>>
>>51937425
I'd only use a shillelagh Hexblade for a Paladin that is going to at least level 6/7 with Oathbreaker. +5 to all saving throws for you and nearby friends is about the best use.

If you're investing in Hexblade you should be using the smiting greatsword.
>>
Any ideas for alternative ammunition fired from a giant slingshot? Currently working on some Bolas cause just firing off lead shot starts to get boring.
>>
>>51937750
live rodents
>>
>>51937750
People? Cows?
>>
>>51937707
Hot.

>>51937716
I'd appreciate it. It's like the 6th iteration - I believe it's actually fairly balanced, unlike most of the shite we get here.
>>
>>51937694
I'd talk it over with your DM. Unless the designers were specifically trying to keep Monks from taking Sharpshooter it seems like a bullshit oversight.
>>
Trying to plan ahead in my campaign, my party's about to hit their first "Proper" dungeon, in the form of an expedition through the sewers of the capital city in search of a rebel hideout. Fairly standard stuff, but the next dungeon I have on the books, sometime later, is a magical library that's sunken beneath the waves. That's two water-ish, submerged/underground dungeons too close together IMO, though the sewers won't really play into the water theme too much I suppose. I need a dungeon in between to break up having two "Too" similar dungeons together, if only for my own health.

Here's the flow of the story, if it helps anyone help me:

Party hired to find some dangerous rebels --> SEWER DUNGEON --> Finds dangerous rebels, man held hostage; man asks them to find his daughter --> party follows clues to another city where the daughter might be --> they meet up, she guides them to a witch who can aid their ongoing quest --> witch directs them to the sunken library --> LIBRARY DUNGEON

Somewhere in there they're going to ride an airship that gets hijacked, but that'll take the form of a mini-dungeon as they move about the ship's compartments. I'd like to stick a proper dungeon in there somewhere, maybe with the daughter being kidnapped? Or to get to the witch (who lives in a swamp)?

I'm not looking for anything in particular, just a good "Level 2" between levels 1 and 3, not underground or watery.
>>
>>51937750
Rotting livestock that explode into clouds of poisonous gas.
>>
File: xenoglossia.webm (709KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
xenoglossia.webm
709KB, 852x480px
>>51937707
I'm reminded of this now.
>>
>>51937772
>the party will go here and do this and find this and talk to this guy and want to do this and go here and do this other thing and do this here and then this thing here
You're gonna get about two steps in there before the party decides they want to head to the big village 50 miles that way and shop.
>>
>>51937750
>>51937759
Okay, how giant are we talking here?
>>
>>51936222
Jimmy Two-Legs
>>
>>51937775
>>51937759
>>51937750

Sorry should have been more clear, its bazooka sized
>>
>>51937793
In general, yes, but my guys are pretty good about following the breadcrumbs I leave them, which I tend to repay by letting them take cool detours when they want.

In any case, I'm not going to actively map out the dungeon until they get there, I just want some ideas to brainstorm in the between time.
>>
File: oglaf catapult.jpg (215KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
oglaf catapult.jpg
215KB, 760x596px
>>51937775
Cursed magical barrels
>>
>>51936222
Silvo the Slug
"roach"
"spitwad"
>>
File: robot on human lovin.png (405KB, 763x574px) Image search: [Google]
robot on human lovin.png
405KB, 763x574px
>>51937788
Greatest love story ever told.
J-Decker had a romance between a giant robot and a policewoman.
>>
>>51937707
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G64-xD-mnw
>>
>>51937829
Rather small cows? Fecal matter, head missing from it's body, vials filled with explosive/acidic substances.
>>
>>51937608
The only thing that stops you from doing is tacking on an unarmed strike right? You planning on making lots of melee dart throws?
>>
>>51937829
Crystal balls that contain a variety of random spells that activate on detonation.
Human heads.
Badgers.
Dire weasels.
Iron Bands of Binding.
Rotten grapefruits.
SABOT rounds.
Undead skulls.
Demoralizing propaganda pamphlets.
Babies.
>>
>>51937554
It seems good, it's a buff/debuff focused character type, and works for that.

But it does seem a bit unfocused. Intel is one of the recommended stats, but Unwavering Focus gives a Wisdom buff? You have the hitpoints of a ranger or a longer ranged fighter, but you have a lot of stuff based on being right up and in the face of the enemy with stuff like the Wolf Pack school or Distracting Flourish.

Mind you, it's good. But I would give the guy a d10 and make Unwavering Focus INT-based. In my own, shitty player opinion.
>>
>>51936067
Is this like "hectopeasants" ?
>>
>>51937922
That and scaling damage.
So either you can do a d6 of damage with a dagger or potentially d4+10 with darts.

It's not a big deal until high levels where thrown daggers have a d10 and darts are still d4s though.

And I actually could see the bonus strike coming into play
>Sharpshooter two assholes
>Use Bonus Attack to shove one up close to you into a stage hazard
>>
>>51937949
>Unwavering Focus gives a Wisdom buff
No different from rogue getting proficiency in wisdom saves
>You have the hitpoints of a ranger or a longer ranged fighter, but you have a lot of stuff based on being right up and in the face of the enemy
So do melee clerics, valor bards, melee rangers, and hexblades. The point is you're not meant to be in melee alone.
Thanks for the feedback! I take everything into consideration, it's just that some things I only change if I hear negative feedback multiple times.
>>
>>51937654
I like it overall. But it still doesnt tell us anything about the character's personality. Is he arrogant? Indifferent? How does he talk? Think? What does he want (besides to make $$$ gambling)?

I mean, it's fine as is
>>
>>51938249
... but it could be better
>>
>>51938249
well he only wanted money gambling in the beginning. his gambling later on is to help him feel in control, cause he can always win. he's ultimately insecure about not knowing his future.

But I appreciate it, ill take that into consideration.
>>
>>51937707
This is cute. Did they conceive any robot children?
>>
>>51937841
Note to self: Arcane Barrels of Fun
>>
>>51937207

Lies of Locke Lamor?
>>
>Aarakocra have no concept of political borders or property ownership, and the value of gems, gold, and other precious materials means little to aarakocra. In their eyes, a creature should use what is necessary and then cast what is left on the wind for others to use.

Wow these guys look like they could me more annoying than kender
>>
>>51938297
Handjobs and snuggling only.
>>
>>51938352
What kind of madman wouldn't give her a robutt, at the very least?
>>
>>51938297
>>51938352
>I am equipped with a variety of attachments
>Choose your preferred penis or penises from the bucket
>>
File: donotfistaig.jpg (109KB, 440x582px) Image search: [Google]
donotfistaig.jpg
109KB, 440x582px
>>51938386
It's harder when the robot is the woman.
>>
How are Bladesingers? Overpowered, competitive or weak?

I like the rapier & spell combo idea and it seems to fit it better than most. I think Rogue/Sorc may be the other way to go.
>>
Is a GWM variant human deepstalker a bad idea?
>>
>>51938411
Well... the joke is from a /d/ thread, so not really.
>>
>>51938418
Basically 19 wiz/1 ftr tier if that's what you mean.

They can be used for gishing but have very little durability, so keep in mind.
>>
File: Warforged rolls to seduce.png (542KB, 1200x819px) Image search: [Google]
Warforged rolls to seduce.png
542KB, 1200x819px
>>51938411
Aigis2lewd
>>
Is there a generally agreed upon "Good" gunslinger homebrew class/archtype for 5e? I've come across a couple in my search, but at a glance I'm not sure which one is obviously better.
>>
File: Quick_with_repairs.png (101KB, 1498x900px) Image search: [Google]
Quick_with_repairs.png
101KB, 1498x900px
>>51938431
>Well... the joke is from a /d/ thread, so not really.
Oh you sweet summer child. Does this look like a read board to you?
>>
>>51938468
Right in the childhood innocence
>>
>>51936250
>>51936276
Thank you!
>>
Just woke up in OZ I'm still mad about the UA.
>>
Due to irrelevant reasons I'm seeing about getting "grown" bone daggers.

I need help rewording it so it's not so damn illegible.

Something along the lines of
>You can create X daggers or darts out of chitinous bone, and can do so as part of the attack action to create a dagger or dart. Daggers and darts created this way turn to ash after 30 seconds, which dissipates to nothing after 60 seconds.
>You regain Y "Dagger Charges" per short rest, and Z "Dagger Charges" per long rest.

Also what's a good number of daggers/darts to be able to make between rests? Something like 50 total, regain 10 on short 25-30 on long (Based around Arcane Magazine) is what I'm considering now.
>>
>>51936049
For anyone wanting to rip something to shreds, I have made some archetypes for Monk and Barbarian:

>Elemental Warrior
Have you watched ATLA? Then you know exactly what this is about. Didn't start as a rip-off, but I gave up when I got to Secret Elements.

>Ragecaster
Barbarian? With spells? Sounds fake but okay.

These two might still be extremely broken, I probably didn't take all the later-level features the classes get to account properly.

Also includes a "fix" for the Lore Mastery arcane tradition, because hell if I didn't try to nerf that a lot. It's still quite viable though, I don't know how I could even cripple something that strong.

inb4 kys, Hekaton or "stop shilling"
>>
>>51938487
i dont get it
>>
>>51938584
"Quarter to two"
It's so fucking painful I had to pop some advils
>>
>>51938584
Quarter to two (o'clock) is 1:45. It's a quarter of an hour (15 minutes) away from being 2:00.

The father gave one child 10 cents, and the other 15. 10+15 = 25 cents, or a quarter (of a dollar, which is 100 cents).
>>
>>51936235
Con/Int sounds good for the saves. Have you considered adding more fighting styles?
>>
File: WesternMapB5-r2bj.jpg (2MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
WesternMapB5-r2bj.jpg
2MB, 3000x3000px
I NEED NAMES
NAMES FOR CITIES AND STATES

SPANISH-DWARF NAMES
AMERICAN NAMES
FRENCH-ELF NAMES
INDIAN-ORC NAMES
MINERAL NAMES
BIBLICAL NAMES
NAMES THAT ARE JUST WORDS FROM THE DICTIONARY LIKE "TRANQUILITY" AND "PERDITION"
SHIT THAT SOUNDS COOL FOLLOWING "FORT"
ADJECTIVE-NOUN PLACE NAMES FOR POINTS OF INTEREST

BE A PART OF HISTORY
>>
>>51938700
Fort Dick-Cunt
>>
>>51938700
South Amerfrica?
>>
>>51938700

Fort We Aren't Your Fucking Name Generator Go Use One Of The Thousand Generators And Lists Available For Free Online
>>
File: Thumper's Rule.jpg (89KB, 800x635px) Image search: [Google]
Thumper's Rule.jpg
89KB, 800x635px
>>51938577
How I feel about this homebrew
>>
>>51937554
Why can't warlords be proficient in perceiving things? Aren't they all about viewing the battlefield? What does being proficient in gambling have to do with battle tactics?

Battle steps doesn't say anything about avoiding opportunity attacks, but it says it lets them move safely.
Distracting Flourish requires a reaction, and uses one of the worst ability scores. It also requires melee range, and does pitiful damage. Not to mention you're making people use up their reactions so you can easily be the only guy threatening an opp attacks in the first place, so you wouldn't trade it for 3-5 damage.
Is Dominate the Battlefield's 3 point effect in addition, or a replacement?
Give them Hell is worded horribly. It makes things use twice their movement when they move into my allies, and within the reach of my allies within 30ft? Is this miswording, or is this some 5ft steps, play with a grid or kys type mechanic?
The Darkest Hour uses 5 points to give a tiny reaction heal, and it still saddles them with exhaustion? Why not AoE heal everyone for 2 later? How often does the DM coup de gras you before a round has happened? FYI, it says fatigue instead of exhaustion.
The Final Push is really powerful.
Brief Respite is really powerful.
>>
>>51938700
Fort "Why do we have straight lines on our map in a setting with imperfect cartography"
>>
>>51938700
Melniboné
>>
>>51938733
Whoa There Friend This Board Is Used For Brainstorming All The Time
>>
>>51938764
Because it's the 1800s and people know how to draw straight lines on a map now.

>captcha wants "FOOTBALL"
>picture of a soccer ball
not this time, Google
>>
what is a good way to send a party of two level 4s to another plane and which one?

my players like plane stuff so I would like to do something like this
>>
>>51938863
Any heavenly plane can be fun for a rump
The neutral planes are boring or fatal
The hell planes are fatal
Every elemental plane is fatal except Air, so go there
>>
How do we solve mass combat "20 good men vs Infinity Orcs" problem?
>>
>>51938757
>Perceiving things
Good point. I'll add perception to the skill list. (Gambling set is because they are soldiers who spend a lot of time sitting around with other soldiers.)
>Battle Steps
Good catch. It used to avoid OA but I removed it. Changed wording to "switftly."
>Distracting Flourish
Will consider, but tricks are supposed to be fairly week by design. Note that the archetype most likely to be used alongside Distracting Flourish allows for reactionless OAs.
>Dominate the Battlefield
Good catch, clarified intent.
>Give Them Hell
The assumption is grid because tactical warlord. You're right, though; it's not a good assumption for 5e. Although you can still loosely calculate reach and speed without a grid, I'll see if I can think of an alternative.
>The Darkest Hour
Good catch on the wording. Would you consider the command balanced (as a 5th-level spell) without the exhaustion?
>The Final Push
Comes with horrible drawbacks.
>Brief Respite
Heals comparably to Mass Healing Word, a 3rd-level spell, but uses an action instead of a bonus action. By the time it catches up to Mass Cure Wounds, it cures noticeably less. It also has half the range of either of those.
If you still think it is unreasonable, I can push it to 3 command points.
Thanks for all the feedback.
>>
>>51938757
>>51938955
More specifically, The Final Push is Mass Haste + additional drawback (exhaustion) that uses up a spell slot 2 higher than the original spell.
>>
File: Monks in D&D.jpg (54KB, 625x262px) Image search: [Google]
Monks in D&D.jpg
54KB, 625x262px
>>51938029
Because of MAD, monks usually have low strength, and have no special bonuses to grapple or shove checks.

The "Martial arts" sidebar has to be the most awkward, poorly written thing in the entire PHB
>>
l wonder if shard minds will ever be a thing again?
>>
File: 1446404785456.jpg (69KB, 420x612px) Image search: [Google]
1446404785456.jpg
69KB, 420x612px
>>51938351
>grab the rogue's massive coinpurse
>buy a few shrimp
>cast the rest in the wind for others to use
I was playing my character.
>>
>>51938584
>>51938611
>>51938643
The joke is that the question itself was supposed to be nonsense, but someone managed to come up with a convoluted, painful answer for it that makes a twisted kind of sense.
>>
>>51939134
Even still that's one extra kick in the dick to an enemy.
>>
Playing a race other then Human, Halfling or Dwarf for the first time ever tomorrow. Thinking of playing a Half-Orc Ranger but I dislike the way everyone plays them. Does anybody have any cool ideas for Half-Orc's?
>>
>>51939329
Half Orc Paladin, oblivious to the bigotry around him, likes to cuddle cute animals and loves kids.
>>
>>51939329
>>51939363
Counter idea, Half Orc Warlock, driven to pacts by the bigotry around him.
>>
>>51939329
>>51939363
>>51939398
Half Orc Wizard, exemplifies the bigotry around him and becomes a dick-ass necromancer.
>>
>>51939329
>>51939363
>>51939398

Half Orc Bard, convinced that all worldly evils can be eliminated by the power of free love, rock and roll, and making as many cross-breeds as possible until we're all indistinguishable.
>>
>>51938584
The father gave a total of 25 cents to his two children.

Or he gave a quarter to two.
>>
>>51939436
>>51939398
>>51939363
>>51939329
Half-orc Ranger, hangs out at taverns all day and gets into fights with anyone who complains about bigotry
>>
>>51939329
Half-orc with a weird, pervy obsession with cute gnomes and a penchant for smoking a pipe.
>>
>>51939329
Zug-Zug the Half-Orc ranger. He is dumb, and likes to fight.
>>
File: uncle.jpg (29KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
uncle.jpg
29KB, 500x382px
>>51939286
Not if you use a dart- that's not a "Monk weapon"
You CAN use Flurry of blows to hit them twice after throwing a dart, but not once with martial arts.

Because god forbid monks have sensible class features.
>>
>>51939329
>>51939363
>>51939398
>>51939436
>>51939461
>>51939465
>>51939469
>>51939506
Or a Half-Orc Monk, who escaped bigotry by spirituality.
>>
File: Half Oruckus.png (104KB, 231x413px) Image search: [Google]
Half Oruckus.png
104KB, 231x413px
>>51939465
>>51939461
>>51939436
>>51939398
>>51939363
>>51939329
Half Orc Fighter, who is incredibly bigoted against those damned Half Orcs, always stealin the nice human mans jobs, gotta find you a nice beautiful human woman to marry. Mhmm those human women are damned beautiful
>>
>>51939540
Uncle Oruckus before or after he found out he was baleful polymorphed into one of those goddamn tusk monkeys?
>>
>>51939522
Wait, not that guy, but I thought a monk weapon was any weapon you fluffed as a Monk Weapon, since there aren't any in the main book. I.E. A Tonfa is just a Club that's s been fluffed a monk weapon. So you usually don't just find them lying aorund unless your GM's nice, but they're effectively just regular weapons.

So the Monk Weapon version of a Dart is just Shuriken and stuff. Otherwise there aren't any monk weapons because they just have the basic shit in the main book.
>>
>>51939329
half orc barbarian that shuns nonconformity and mocks anyone who would refuse to live as the norm
>>
>>51939608
>adventures
????
>>
>>51939606
>>51939522
>since there aren't any in the main book.

simple melee weapons + short swords
says it right thar
>>
>>51939637
don't see why adventurers have to act like anything special
>>
>>51939637
he is not very smart and the party easily convinced him that adventuring was the norm for half orcs of his age
>>
>>51939606
"Your practice of martial arts gives you mastery of combat styles that use unarmed strikes and monk weapons, which are shortswords and any simple melee weapons that don't have the two-handed or heavy property."
>>
>>51939563
I want to write some appropriate dialogue in response, but i don't know the show well enough to continue it
>>
>>51939522
That's what I'm saying-
you can either use Darts and Sharpshooter- dealing less damage (not including the +10) and lacking the bonus attack, or you can use daggers and bonus attack but not get the +10 damage.
>>
>>51938648
Oh, hey, late reply.

Yes, I have, but I don't want to dip too far into what Paladin/Ranger are already doing it. I don't want to add Protection or Defense, for sure, which only leaves two-weapon fighting. I balanced the Arcane Weapon feature around using a two-handed weapon, so I think adding the Two-weapon Fighting style would make it a bit too overpowered.
>>
>>51939522
>>51939753

so wait
can he throw one dart, and then two daggers with sharpshooter?
>>
>>51939829
Can't draw 3 weapons, hell you can't draw 2 without the feat.
>>
File: MILDLY UPSET.png (14KB, 67x68px) Image search: [Google]
MILDLY UPSET.png
14KB, 67x68px
>>51939829
HAHA OH ANON YOU CARD

You can only draw one dagger or dart per turn, silly!

BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS THROWN WEAPONS ARE OVERPOWERED RIGHT???
>>
File: A little angry.gif (474KB, 320x251px) Image search: [Google]
A little angry.gif
474KB, 320x251px
>>51939753
Sorry, like I said the wording around this feature is weird. Having to break it down piece by piece for someone who doesn't get it is a common occurrence.

>>51939829
>Case in point
No, if you have extra attack (level 5) you can throw at most two things. The Monk Martial arts feature will allow you to make a bonus action unarmed attack if you throw at least one dagger.

As a side note, per errata, unarmed attacks are not a "weapon" and thus do not count as a "monk weapon", do I understand this right?
>>
>>51939909
Technically an unarmed strike is on the "simple melee weapons" table so is still valid for martial arts even if it's "not a weapon".
>>
>>51939852
dank god for sensible homebrew
>All one-handed weapons with the Thrown property are treated to have the Ammunition property when thrown
>>
File: tluav76rLzH1qhv088.gif (471KB, 300x192px) Image search: [Google]
tluav76rLzH1qhv088.gif
471KB, 300x192px
>Balls deep in a dungeon
>Level 6
>Know for a fact we're coming up on a boss room
>Got our ass kicked by the miniboss
>I went down three times personally
>Healer is out of spells
>I have a single hit dice left for healing over a short rest
>Party refuses to do a long rest because "our characters have no reason to do that stop metagaming"
>>
>>51939909
Correct but irrelevant, the features mention unarmed attacks as well.
>>51939943
That was actually fixed via errata. Unarmed is not on the weapons table.
>>
>>51939674

So you don't use a "dagger" you use a "Kunai" , which is otaku for Dagger
>>
>>51939852
Bundle your weapons together, and draw them in a group. Throw them while holding it in one hand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG9VlZuC4sI
>>
>>51939954
Unless it's time sensitive, fuck them
>>
>>51939954
>My character isn't suicidal, and won't move onward when he isn't prepared for combat

Your character has every right to refuse to continue, he knows his own limits and that hes gone beyond them already.
>>
>>51939954
>resting while totally worn out after having had your ass kicked repeatedly is metagaming

KILL
>>
>>51939954

>party refuses to hole up and long rest despite being fuckered

What's up with that? It's so retarded. My group does it too.
>>
File: Duid-Monk Multiclass.gif (8MB, 331x240px) Image search: [Google]
Duid-Monk Multiclass.gif
8MB, 331x240px
>>51939943
From the very first round of errata:
>Equipment: Unarmed strike doesn’t belong on the Weapons table.
My guess is a monk frightened mearls as a child?
>>
>>51940072
It doesn't belong on the weapons table because they decided every being is proficient with their own Unarmed Strikes, regardless of proficiency, or lack thereof, in simple weapons.
>>
okay do you call your female wizards witches because it's killing me that my friend is doing this
>>
>>51940101
>>51940072
It says "unarmed strike or monk weapon" repeatedly (or vice versa), in PHB anyway there are no cases where you can do something with a monk weapon but not an unarmed strike.
>>
File: son_of_kronar2.jpg (125KB, 760x596px) Image search: [Google]
son_of_kronar2.jpg
125KB, 760x596px
>>51940101
Throwing a punch correctly requires at least a bit of training to not hurt yourself.
And because it means unarmed strikes are not "monk weapons". God forbid they get to do the thing they are supposedly best at.
>>
>>51940175
witches are female warlocks
>>
>>51940175
you can call them "witches," "mages," "magic users," "casters," "arcanists," etc

I have never used "witch" to mean "female magic user," to me a witch is something folksy as fuck, so something like a fey warlock or druid
>>
>>51940182
Anon, read >>51940176
the removal had absolutely fuck all to do with monks, and everything to do with allowing non-classed NPCs to punch with their proficiency bonus.
>>
>>51940182
Without reacting emotionally, what is the problem?

don't say "Mike Mearls is a faggot," or "omg shut up wizard player" just say what the problem is
>>
>>51940193
no but like
when his class gets brought up he says he's a witch

"hey what's your class?"
"witch"
>>
>>51939954
Leave the dungeon, take the wagon inna hills, and rest on your own. Let those schmucks suicide themselves. Head back to town and pick up your new party. Tell 'em how stupid your other guys were.
>level one game
>only tank
>getting our ass kicked by ACTUAL FUCKING BUGBEARS
>everyone's dropping because they ran into melee with multiple creatures
>throw shit and run away
>DURRR WHY AREN'T YOU TANKING, WE CAN DO THIS
>Cleric and Wizard are down, no one has healing potions because we're level one, just me, a Bard, and a melee Ranger
>barricade myself in a ruined guard tower, throw a rope off the top, hide down below in rubble
>bugbears eventually break in, see the rope out, and assume I fled
>wait for night
>murder two bugbears in their sleep
>recover the one party member who didn't fail their death saving throws
>flee
>>
>>51940249
smart
>>
>>51939973
>tomahawk
jesus fuck i would not want to get hit by a thrown tomahawk
1d6 my ass
>>
>>51939522
The only easy fixes for monks I can think of would probably just be used for retarded multiclass cheesing anyway.
>>
Trying to make a level 4 wizard. We already have a warlock, a cleric of war, 2 barbarians, and a druid in the party. Warlock seems to be trying for a bladelock using some of the new invocations from UA.

What spells (Using only PHB) should I be taking?
>>
>>51940072
It was taken off the table because the same weirdo grogs who bitched about martial die said WHY IS PUNCHING ON THE WEAPONS TABLE
IT'S NOT A WEAPON
IT'S JUST YOUR FIST
IS "CHEST" ON THE ARMOR TABLE? NO
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That is all there is to it. Fucking retards couldn't get over this so they had to errata it and add an additional rule to say "yes, it works like common sense dictates, you can do special attacks with your fist, but it's not on the weapons table because YEAH IT'S JUST PART OF YOUR ARM, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW"
>>
One of my players is a Duergar Battlerager Grappler and I plan to give him some magical +1 spiked armour. I planned to allow the +1 with his bonus action attack but would it be too much to add it to the flat 3 he does when he grapples?
>>
>>51940313
>1d6 my ass
This isn't CoD, tomahawks aren't instakills
>>
>>51940313
Being injured by ANY weapon is more likely to result in death, maiming, or incapacitation than not. It's what martial arts and weapons are FOR.
You need to abstract more in your head anon. Glancing blows, deflections, parries, guards, evasion. Hit points aren't meat points.
>>
File: batman-alignment-chart.jpg (252KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
batman-alignment-chart.jpg
252KB, 1280x1024px
>>51940216
>>51940232
You're right, I'm getting emotional, sorry.
Just really seems like Monk was selectively made to not interact with the rest of the PHB, or at least as little as possible. Things like the rules for shoves, grapples, two-weapon fighting, or fighting styles are all completely separate and for no apparent reason.
During the playtest there was a vocal group shouting that the monk didn't belong in D&D at all (dealing with them is a big part of why I'm super defensive about this)and looking at how it turned out, it feels like the devs went out of their way to appease that group.
>>
>>51940373
You're damn right this isn't CoD, no one would be caught dead using one of that game's dink-ass TACTIKOOL MILITARY TOMAHAWKS that are the size of my pinky toe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRrb9XtrS5U
>>
>>51940245
Wizard is a class. Witch is a way of lie.
>>
>>51940245
I say let them refluff their shit. Who cares. I had a guy call his rouge a pirate once
>>
>>51940411
>almost every target took at least 2 tomahawk hits to take down
>headshot on the captor was clearly a crit

Yeah 1d6 is reasonable
>>
>>51937342
Pale, blind pigs.
>>
>>51940409
You know, it obviously wouldn't work with everything as is, but it would really make sense and be functional for Unarmed Combat to be a fighting style. Not only would it allow monks that WANT to use weapons choose a different one, obviously altering various features to fit, but it would also solve the
>WHY CAN'T I BE A PUNCHBARIAN
"issue" that is occasionally brought up.
>>
>>51940444
>soldiers only having ~10 HP
c'mon
>>
>>51940394
>Hey mate, I parried a whole lot of blows that fight
>Oh I gotcha man, lemme just cast CURE WOUNDS on you and you'll be good to go!
>>
>>51940523
clearly psychic wounds
he's relieving you of parry-related PTSD
>>
>>51940523
>fighting is exactly one of those, and not a combination of all of them, some of which include superficial wounds

5e even states you aren't visibly wounded until 50% hp.
>>
>>51940337
>UA content
>Wizard
Go Lore Wizard and do Str/Dex saving throw hold person. After their first failed save all others auto fail.
When you hit 7th level summon 4 dust mephits 1 mile away through the mayor's window, have one cast sleep, then have them all carry him away like a Yoshi in Yoshi Story.
>>
>>51940501
>mooks having any more than ~10 hp
c'mon
>>
>>51940549
So what the fuck is Cure Wounds then? Reloading your parry/glance points?
>>
File: No Soldier NPC.png (33KB, 398x407px) Image search: [Google]
No Soldier NPC.png
33KB, 398x407px
>>51940501
There isn't a generic Soldier in the MM, but Guards have 11 on average.
>>
>>51940570
I mean, if you want to be pedantic about it, you constantly tear muscles by exerting yourself, so Cure Wounds could literally help you stop being sore and tired.
>>
>>51940349
They always listed "monk weapons or unarmed strike."
not monk weapons, such as unarmed strike
>>
>>51940587
Let's be pedantic then!

>wound
>an injury to living tissue caused by a cut, blow, or other impact, typically one in which the skin is cut or broken.

You're wrong.
>>
File: 1328851220100.jpg (8KB, 272x252px) Image search: [Google]
1328851220100.jpg
8KB, 272x252px
>>51940587
>Be Fighter
>Cleric uses the energy bestowed upon him from the gods themselves to stich me back together after fighting off a hoard of orcs
>Goes on to use the exact same spell to heal the wizards sore throat and carpel tunnel
>>
>>51940409
Okay... but what IS the problem specifically that this causes?
>>
>>51940654
Ah-ha! Parrys cause impact, and muscle is living tissue.
>>
>>51940660
I don't see why not, especially as it typically requires more exertion via spell levels to cure more grievous injuries than minor ones.

It falls apart a bit when you have significantly differing levels though.
>>
>>51940654
>>51940570
Cure Wounds can do anything from top off your tank to save you six seconds from death.
>>
>>51940679
impact doesn't tear muscle unless you really did something wrong, and then you aren't using that muscle at all.

Still wrong.

You can argue all you want that hitpoints aren't meat points, but the existence of literally every cleric heal spell disproves you.
>>
>>51940709
Muscle tearing is how people grow stronger, you break them down and build them up.

Also, Cure Wounds doesn't claim to do what it's name says, it simply "regains a number of hit points". Knock doesn't just create a sound.
>>
File: 1457823080985.jpg (791KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1457823080985.jpg
791KB, 1920x1080px
>>51940698
The point I was trying to make was that with your version of Cure Wounds it opens up an even bigger can of worms then Meat Points does. If the spell can save a guy six seconds from death, which is usually grievous wounds like "organs spilling out of your body", and there's only a limited number of those spells per day, then I'd be FURIOUS that it's being used for trivial shit like "Oh no, my wrist is cramping!"
>>
>>51940734
>spell gives people a spiritual pep talk so they feel more energetic
>clerics decide to call it cure wounds.

How about no.
>>
I want to play a Lore Bard but with more blasting / combat potential! Should I use magic initiate to pick up some combat cantrip?
>>
>>51940747

sometimes miracles happen, sometimes you feel better in some vague way

healing is often religious or morale base in D&D
>>
File: 1423980079760.jpg (145KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1423980079760.jpg
145KB, 1400x1400px
What are you supposed to do other than roll for stats?
>>
>>51940772
Nope.
>>
>>51940747
On the battlefield, discomfort and stiffness can mean life and death, i don't see you wouldn't use a relatively small amount of your divine energy to keep your friends in the best shape you can.

Like i said, if you are talking level 1 cleric, level 1 wizard, level 20 fighter, then it falls apart because the fighter can take all that energy and more, but thats back to abstraction and game mechanics.

>>51940754
>i'll ignore what you say because it doesn't fit my narrative.
Its healing energy, it can do more than just staple wounds, it can also cure aches and pains, and restore vitality.
>>
>>51940790
Point buy.
>>
>>51940790
Array/Point Buy.
>>
>>51940790
Have you tried going beyond character creation and actually PLAYING a game?
>>
>>51940790
Standard Array.

Or roll for stats but do it like in draft TCG. Everyone rolls, pool all the number in, the first person pick up one number and then pass it to the next person.
>>
>>51940788
It's the exact same spell. It has verbal and somatic components, so everyone that sees you cast it knows it's the same spell. It uses the same amount of "magic power", that being spell slots, every time unless you want to upgrade it, and even at it's lowest it can still save a guy from death.

What you're describing to me would be like someone wiping their ass with a hundred dollar bill. It's an immense waist that could be put to much better use somewhere else.
>>
>>51940843
What happens when anyone joins the campaign after day 1?
>>
Feel good points are harder to describe than meatpoints (A miss: you miss. A hit: You miss, but in a positive way!), don't give as much dramatic tension (You land a solid blow on his shoulder with your warhammer, shaking him up. Briefly, he recovers, then presses the attack against you vs. you miss, but in a positive way!), and conflict with literally every application of hitpoints in the PHB.

What happens when a rogue uses healer's tools on a guy with more than half health? Unless hitpoints are meatpoints, the scenario is ridiculous, as the rogue applies his salves, bandages, and splints to an unwounded individual.
>>
>>51940855
Explain Psychic damage.
>>
>>51940846
While i agree that your immense waist should be elsewhere, its not exactly a common occurrence that the same spell, at the same level, has drastically different results unless the recipients are vastly different strengths. Which is a balance and mechanics concern, not a flavor one.
>>
>>51940846

The entire of your argument on hit points *depends* on nothing more than the name of a single spell, and has been refuted many, many times since the beginning.

Suffice to say, you're not "tanking" a dagger or spear hit, you're just going to be rendered helpless for weeks most likely, and possibly have to retire from adventuring.
>>
>>51940855
Salves can apply to things other than open wounds, and can include treatments for strained muscles.
>>
>>51940905
pic related

>>51940929
>wizard casts fireball on me
>I fail the save
>I take the full damage of the fireball
>it leaves me above half HP
>no burns, just lowers my self esteem
>>
>>51940973
If you had serious burns, it would have done more damage to you. Instead, even though you weren't dexterous enough to cover yourself well, you still managed to avoid a potentially lethal spell by doing something. You didn't stand and take the fireball, any more than you stand and take a spear to the heart. If you tell me you do, then your character is dead.
>>
File: 1431199410059.png (115KB, 662x623px) Image search: [Google]
1431199410059.png
115KB, 662x623px
>>51940790
Point-buy like a sane person.
>>
>>51941024
>muh minmax buy
>>
>>51940973
>fireball becomes "live or die, everyone in area helpless from burns"

If you want an example of "realistic" injury effects, in 1e, the Heat Metal spell, if it inflicts any damage at all, also renders you helpless from injuries for days.
>>
>>51940973
>not understanding the difference between getting a little stuffy and taking 3rd degree burns
>>
>>51940852
You missed session 0, you shouldn't be playing anyway.
>>
>>51941031
>muh grognard roll
>>
>>51940958
>excuse me fighter-san, let me rub your thighs with this salve in the middle of the fight, it will make you feel better, and thus help you avoid dying later when something has reduced you to 1d10 hitpoints!

Healer's tools apply within the round. Salves to reduce muscle tightness would not. Try again.
>>
>>51941048
>>51941031
Standard array fuckers. Take it or leave it. No, I don't care that you think it makes for bland cookie-cutter characters, because neither of you will stop bitching if we accept one of the alternatives. Now stop acting like children and get ready to play pretend.
>>
>>51941031
roll stats is more min-max munchkin than point-buy.

Seriously, how many people do you actually see that go along with below standard stats and not whining at the DM for another reroll or switch to standard array? And if they can't do that, you can bet that they will just suicide rush their character until they get the one with god stats.
>>
>>51941046
So if anyone flakes the campaign ends, and if anyone has a friend that wants to join they can kill themselves?
>>
>>51941010
Oh man I guess if I attack Lord Fucklestein the Conqueror while they're unaware it's an instant kill then.
>>
>>51941079
All of them that i play with. If you can't be trusted, or if your going to bitch about rolls, we don't want you to play with us anyway.
>>
>>51940790
My party rolls for stats, but we do allow you to take the standard array if you don't like what you rolled. So far, nobody has.
>>
>>51941084
Abstraction nigger, if you manage to do enough damage to kill them in a surprise situation, then you did. If not, then your blow didn't finish the job, and they defended themselves.
>>
File: IMG_3093.jpg (43KB, 323x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3093.jpg
43KB, 323x450px
This is only related to 5e because besides this book I'm using its rules for a campaign I'm planning but should I get the manual of planes for 5e or 4e
>>
>>51941064
>ally starts limping slightly because they landed poorly on a knee
Why shouldn't you be able to try and fix the situation, its what you practiced your craft to do.
>>
>>51941090
nice imaginary friends you have there.
>>
>>51941106
So you're saying they DID tank the Subtle Spell Fireball I casted on them while they rolled a nat 1 perception then? Because that seems to contradict what you said earlier
>>
>>51941120
There is no Manual of the Planes for 5e. The 4th edition book will have some decent lore on individual planes, but follows a different planar cosmology than that of 5e. The rules in it will not be compatible either.
>>
>>51941120
4e had better lore. IIRC, 4e did away with the wall of the faithless, which is the stupidest concept in a modern fantasy setting.
>>
>>51941120
As far as I know there isn't a Manual of the Planes for 5e. But a lot of the cosmology of 4e has been retconned back to being closer to 3e, so the 3e Manual of the Planes would probably be better.
>>
>>51941150
Man, you've never even played 5e.
>rolling perception against stealth
>1/20 mattering in skills
If they die to it, then yes, they stood and died.
If they don't, then they managed to roll away, or cover themselves, or your fireball only cause superficial burns, redness, and sores because your gimp ass flubbed the roll./
>>
>>51941175
>caring about Forgotten Realms lore
>>
File: Murderbot.jpg (290KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Murderbot.jpg
290KB, 1280x1024px
>>51940663
Aside from the rules of "martial arts" being really obtuse? Monks feel like they don't fit into the system very well and aren't really all that good at any particular thing, especially the things one would expect a monk to be good at:
>primarily melee attackers, but have low AC and HP
> expected to behave as skirmishers, but their only means of escaping melee requires a bonus action (further reducing their already low damage) and drains their extremely limited daily resource
>magical, but not "real" magic. What spells they can get often don't count as spells and are noticeably weaker than both real spells and the mundane options otherwise available to them
>"monk weapons" vs "weapons monks are proficient with"

Do you want to play as a badass warrior who can throw down bare chested and weaponless?
Obviously you want a barbarian, with the tavern brawler feat
Do you want a mystical warrior in tune with nature magic who can still mix it up in melee?
Druid or Bladesinger
Do you want to practice martial arts, grappling, tripping, and shoving your opponents
Go Bard, Bard is AMAZING for that

So what does monk get?
Mostly ribbons and features that sound useful, but have such strict prerequisites they might be used once in a campaign.
Monks can be useful, once they reach a high enough level, and they still have ki, if you remember the right feature when it becomes relevant.
>>
>>51941175
Wall of the Faithless just means you pissed off everyone who would otherwise be willing to have you, but what you did also didn't manage to appeal to their enemies, or even the asshole gods that just want to see death and burning.

It takes real EFFORT, to be faithless.
>>
>>51941187
>didn't see me
>Rolled away anyway

cool bro
>>
I'm sure this gets asked all the time, but what are the best published adventures for 5e? How would you rank all of the 5e published adventures?
>>
>>51941150
HP is an abstraction of the combination of physical injuries, mental fatigue, and plot armor. It always has been. You fight at exactly the same effectiveness at 1 HP as you do at 100.
>>
>>51941224
Ignoring everything else about how you fail at the concept of abstraction, fireball has obvious visual and auditory queues, even if the components don't because you used Subtle Spell.
>A bright streak flashes from your pointing finger to a point you choose within range then blossoms with a low roar into an explosion of flame.

He literally can see and hear it happening.
>>
>>51941222
Doesn't matter, it's still unethical torment effectively sponsored by supposedly "good" gods.
>>
>>51941226
>Best to worst
Storm King's Thunder
Princes of the Apocalypse
Curse of Strahd
Out of the Abyss
Both steaming piles of dragon shit
>>
>>51941244
Subjective morality, in an objective morality world is flawed.
>>
>>51941266
Eternal Torment of people who did nothing wrong is objectively evil.
>>
>>51941287
If they did nothing wrong a god would be willing to have them.

Like i said, it takes INTENT to become faithless.
>>
>that soulknife class that gets posted every thread

How about this instead?
Monastic Tradition: Way of the Soulknife
Level 3: Form Mind Blade: As an action, you can cause an ethereal weapon of pure Ki to form in your hand. This weapon is considered magical, and may deal bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage (chosen when it is formed). You may use your Wisdom modifier in place of your Strength or Dexterity modifier when attacking with your mind blade. Your blade disappears if it is ever more than 10 feet from you or you dismiss it (no action required).
Level 6: Versatile Blade: At level 6, you may alter your mind blade when you form it. You may use any of the following options at no cost: your blade may gain the thrown (20/60) property (your blade will not disappear until it reaches the end of it's trajectory), it may gain the versatile property (dealing one die size larger than your martial arts die, or 2d6 when your martial arts die is a d10), or you may form two blades (these have the light property and deal one die size smaller than your martial arts die). Additionally, once per turn you may spend one Ki point as part of an attack with your mind blade; if you do, you roll twice as many weapon damage dice for that attack.
Level 11: Shattered Blade: Once per turn, you may spend 1 Ki point and make a single mind blade attack against every creature in range. If you spend an additional Ki point, this attack is made with reach.
Level 17: Knife to the Soul: By spending 3 Ki points, you can cause your mind blade to sever a struck creature's connection to it's natural Ki. The struck creature must make a constitution save; if they fail, they immediately drop to 0 hit points. If they succeed, they have disadvantage on all actions for one minute. In either case, a creature struck cannot be affected by this ability again for 24 hours.
>>
Should I take lightly armored instead of keen mind? The extra star in int won't affect my modifiers at all but the other part, specifically about being able to perfectly recall anything from the past month, makes me want to take that. On the other hand as a wizard, if I can get light armored my AC goes up by two, which would be very useful.
>>
>>51941261
>>51941226
Lost mines of Phandelver from the beginner box is pretty good, especially for newbies
>>
>>51941287
>people who did nothing
And that's what they did wrong.
>>
>>51941220
>low AC
They have the potential to get AC on par with a fighter in full plate with a shield, albeit only at higher levels.
>extremely limited daily resource
Ki comes back on a short rest.

I'll give you the rest.
>>
>>51941307
Why not just refluff Sun Soul to do Psychic damage, and let your Unarmed Strikes deal slashing damage if you want.
>>
>>51941298
>>51941298
The wall takes people who didn't worship any gods. There's nothing wrong with not worshiping a bunch of psychopaths that torment people for not worshiping a bunch of psychopaths.
>>
>>51941329
That's probably the better option but the grognard in me wants soulknife to be its own thing, even if it's just a monk archetype.
>>
>>51941339
No, gods make claim to souls that match their domains and weal. To the point that a farmer who dies defending his family may well be claimed by Torm, although Chaunteua would fight him for it. Kelemvor makes the decision in situations like that.

You can literally never even know the gods exist, and STILL be claimed, because you fit one of their nigh-infinite ideals.

EVERYTHING is covered by a god in forgotten realms, and most souls have multiple gods interested.
>>
i just reached 5th level in this game im in

im a way of the long death monk with 583 gold to spend

what should i buy
>>
>>51941320
>at higher levels they become reasonably competent
Part of my butthurt about monks may be due to my DM having a "always start new character at level 1" rule
>>
>>51941409
Well, your butthurt is mostly justified. monks are one of the most poorly designed classes in the game, and as shown by the recent UA, mearls and crawford have no idea how their rules even work. So don't expect a good fix anytime soon.
>>
>>51941433
Thats what I've been saying. Waiting on >>51941320 to disprove it.
At this point I'm just bitching pointlessly (even by 4chan standards) so I'm going to stop.
>>
>>51941433

What happened with the monk UA?
>>
>>51938928
>Any heavenly plane can be fun for a rump
Oh yeah that heavenly rump.
>>
>>51941490
Crawford and Mearls showed they don't understand how monk weapons work with the kensei and flip flopped more on rulings than john kerry. Overall, none of the classes released fixed the fundamental issues with Monk, but did manage to include some truly ridiculous cheese.
>>
>>51941490
Mearls cocked up the wording of Kensei weapons, such that you wouldn't get the effects of Martial Arts.

He later on twitter owned up to his boner and stated that the features were not intended to conflict.

https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/808904018265341952
>>
I really want to play an oath of treachery paladin/ assassin rogue with a dream of becoming a vampire, what is the least edgy character that could pull that off?
>>
>>51941590
There isn't.
>>
>>51941244
FR operates under objective morality, but the rules of the universe do not define anything related to the Wall of Faithless to be "Evil", so it's not. As >>51941266 said, any judgment on the Wall comes from mortal subjectivism.

They tried getting rid of the Wall for a bit but everyone was such a shitheel about it that shit threatened to break down. The cosmos only operates correctly without the Wall if people don't know about it. It was a mistake to make it in the first place, and it was another mistake to let people know about it, but now that it's there and people know what it does, there's no putting the genie back in the bottle.

That said, you can still die as a non-worshipper and not go to the Wall. You have to fucking try to piss literally everyone and everything off to the extent that no one and nothing will vouch for your soul.
>>
>>51941617
Also, even the most faithless and false can sign up with a fiendish contractor for a sweet gig becoming a squirming leech in hell instead of a brick that agonizingly dissolves into nothingness.
>>
>>51941590
Just add Shadow Sorcerer for the complete edge trifecta
>>
>>51941120
There is no 5E Planar book.
4E uses Elemental Chaos for all the Inner Planes, which is no longer the case in 5E (they're back to their 3E-and-earlier form, but now floating in the Chaos instead of nothingness).

Get the AD&D Manual of the Planes. Yeah, it uses the Great Wheel instead of 3E's Tree, but you'd be hard-pressed to find 3E players who even know what the Tree is since it never comes up and really doesn't matter in the slightest. The AD&D and 2E supplements, in general, go into greater detail for the setting background and lore than later editions, largely because you are expected to go back to those previous books where all the meat and potatoes were laid out. For example, good fucking luck figuring out specifics on just about every God in 3E, 4E, or 5E without reading 2E's Faiths and Avatars.
>>
>>51941175
The wall is just a FR thing.

>>51941222
Nah, if you're anything short of perfect you can languish for centuries.

>>51941266
The Wall was created by an evil god specifically because he enjoyed people suffering.

It has nothing to do with "objective morality" other than being objectively evil in setting.
>>
>>51941590
just be dio brando circa pt1
>>
So what is it about Monk that makes it so there's never been a good one?
>>
>>51941371
this desu
>>
>>51941669
People don't understand that the class has other features beyond its AC, HP, and DPR, so therefore it must be garbage unless those things are equal to or better than existing martials'.
>>
>>51941220
Okay, but what did that have to do with monk weapons vs unarmed attacks?
>>
>>51941669
Monks ARE good in 5e, they just aren't the highest DPR class around. They ARE the best martial battlefield controllers, and have some of the best mobility available. Their archetypes also provide a reasonable amount of variety, more so than a number of other classes.
>>
>>51941669
The base monk class has shitty MAD based stats, AC, and Damage. The monk subclass options allow you to be a shitty battlemaster, a shitty rogue, or a shitty wizard.
>>
>>51941669
4e monk was good. The problem was you had to play 4e to use it.
I don't actually mind 4e, but finding a game is/was difficult
>>
>>51941669
2.5e monk was the best one, because it was a complete monk class (up to grand mastery unarmed, great saves, and armorless AC).. and THEN was a divine caster with its own spells, most of which have never been reprinted, to boot.
>>
>>51941737
MAN IT'S A REAL SHAME WE'LL NEVER SEE A DIVINE MONK / SOHEI AGAIN BECAUSE MYSTIC IS NEVER COMING OUT, WIZAAAAAAAAAAARDS
>>
>>51941669
I'm still waiting for a chance to roll out my Kensei ninja themed character, using a whip for quick hit and runs with my bludgeoning bonus attack from afar.
>>
>>51941737
Which one? The Complete Priest kit? Or another one I'm forgetting?
>>
>>51941760
>>51941758
One of these days I'm going to actually finish my monk rebuild homebrew
>>
>>51941669
In 3rd they were ludicrously MAD, unarmed attacks were piss useless, and like other martials they just fell miles behind casters who could summon or buff themselves into martials while still being dominant on utility.
In 4e Monks were fucking baller.
In 5 they suffer somewhat as other short rest dependent classes do, where often adventuring days are shorter than the design balance assumption so they get maybe one recharge compared to the two or three they aught. Their very specific requirements for some features such as Martial Arts limits their equipment and playstyle in a lot of ways especially in regards to effective multiclassing, their feat selection is limited due to being hungry for two primary ability scores and another secondary, and their resource scaling by level and being incompatible with resources granted by other classes further incentivizes straight-classing.
The bad offender is Way of the 4 Elements, which barely teaches any elemental powers, has a horribly restrictive action economy, and a very high resource cost.
>>
Barbarian or fighter?

DM isn't allowing multiclassing.
>>
>>51941763
Spells & Magic.
>>
>>51941780
Wizard. Become a better barbarian and fighter. Show him that you don't need multiclassing to abuse his game.
>>
>>51941780
Fighter, it has more and better options.
>>
>>51941220
>low AC
you mean average AC if you start with decent stats and potentially high AC late game when you get ASIs?
besides that I mostly agree. the class advertised as being a super cool puglist/martial artist is instead outdone in every way in terms of unarmed combat besides raw unarmed damage by other classes. i expected wrestler, kung fu master, and warriors deadlier with their hands than with weapons. instead i got a skinny twink naruto rip-off that is worse at fighting than a fighter and worse at magic than a warlock. monk isn't super "underpowered" per se, it's just "underdesigned" with no focus on what wizards actually wanted out of the class.
>>
>>51941780
Druid or Wizard. Punish the DM by breaking the game.
>>
>>51941803
How does a Druid break the game? They're shit past level 8 or so.
>>
>>51941780
barbarian is a better tank but fighter is just more consistent and better all around. eldritch knight also has the potential of being just as tanky.
>>
What sort of stuff would I find in a temple that shows evidence of fending off multiple raids? Our next fight is showing signs of us getting fucked and it's entirely our own fault, so I want to know what to look out for to tip the scales a bit.

Note: the boss is almost certainly immune to fire
>>
>>51941825
If you're playing Fighter instead of Barb it's because you want to have fun, and if you want to have fun you're picking Battlemaster instead of EK.
>>
>>51941721
>still can't use wisdom for attack rolls and damage with monk weapons
Obviously they can't change it to make that happen since monk would just be the 1 drop shop for SAD munchkinry, but I'll probably allow it at my table.
Also remove the "melee" requirement of monk weapons. Letting a monk use a shortbow with the few class features that might interact with it given the change is hardly going to break the game.
>>
>>51941845
Well, you could take Shillelagh and Polearm Master.
>>
>>51941780
Barbarian, take the eagle eyes and observant feat. Remember to use your rituals, maybe buy a trained falcon. Have fun being the guy who perceives everything.
>>
>>51941710
>Monks
>the best martial battlefield controllers
Battlemasters have better control, better damage, and can do most of their stuff at range.
>>
>>51941897
Stun is a better condition than anything a Battlemaster can do, and an Open Hand Monk can Prone, remove reactions, and shove by spending more common resources.

Range is the only issue, but the monk gets mobility options specifically to solve that.
>>
>>51938351
>>51939267
They're basically anarchocommunists. Not thieves so much as much as they just take what they need, and believe others have that same right.
>>
>>51941888
I know, but having to take multiple feats (one of which is to take spells from a different class's spell list) in order to actually get some mileage out of what is clearly meant to be one of your main stats is a bit silly.
>>
>>51941220
>>51941669
Open Hand monk compares favorably with the Battlemaster, which is the main milestone by which melee characters are judged.

Way of Shadows, if nothing else, has on demand bonus action teleportation and can use Silence, ie caster shutdown.

The class in general has very awesome defenses.

Not the best class, but if you want to be a melee control guy, you could do worse.

If you suffer extreme caster envy, Way of Shadows is a particularly good choice. If nothing else, they can unfailingly beat up wizards.
>>
File: 1461769734063.jpg (62KB, 534x750px) Image search: [Google]
1461769734063.jpg
62KB, 534x750px
>>51941942
Dex: A number of useful skills, an important save, AC, accuracy, damage
Wis: A number of useful skills, an important save, AC, Spell and feature save DC
Wis is already pretty important, no?
>>
>>51941897

>better control

They can knock back, or knock down, 3-4 people for 1 ki point.
>>
>>51941817
>free over 100 HP, and 8 pixies is bad
Even if you can't get pixies the DM has to basically make your summons spells not work to make you 'shit past level 8'.
>>
>>51941467
I'm not gonna disprove it. Their rules are pretty messy, and they require a fair bit of optimization to be on par with other martial classes. I was just pointing out the two things you got wrong, because I'm a pedant.
>>
>>51941371
>The wall of the faithless is just a chain link fence with a keep out sign because there's a god for everybody.
>>
>>51941989
They have more attacks generally, which means more knockdowns. They can get to the people who need to be knocked down thanks to bonus Dash. Stunning Palm is FUCKING INCREDIBLE and comes early enough (level 6) to be useful before the campaign ends or falls apart. Knockbacks for days are part of Open Palm, which isn't strictly necessary to take, but still useful; if you go the other decent archetype route, Shadow lets you teleport all over the fucking place and drop Darkness, which is also good control.
>>
>>51941990
>the DM has to basically make your summons spells not work
If by "follow RAW and choose the summoned creatures" then I guess, but you're not a very good pedant if that's the case.
>>
Good spells for a trickster rogue?
>>
>Kobold +4 to hit, 4 damage
>Kobold Dragonshield +3 to hit, 4 damage
>>
>>51942025
tricky ones
>>
>>51942025
Mage hand and illusions.
>>
>>51941942
Of all the weaknesses of the monk class, using dex for finesse staffpolearming is not bad, and I am not seeing much of a drawback from "having" to have high dex and high wis.

Literally the only problem I could see is if you are hell bent on being a SAD Firbolg.
>>
>>51942033
>one attack
>two attacks
>>
>>51942023
>you summon a bunch of squirrels because I don't- I mean, Sylvanus doesn't want to help you even though you're a paragon of nature :^^^^)))), should have played a Lore Wizard, kiddo
>>
>>51942065
>not summoning 8 bullshit pixies = completely worthless
Yeah you can fuck off
>>
>>51942078
Not an argument.
>>
>>51938700
Pepetonia
Shadilay
Chimp Caverns
Burning Gulch
Gurning Bulch
>>
>>51942012
The wall was created by Jergal when he was the god of the end of everything, because he was a dick, if you didn't worship a god he'd stick you in the wall, Myrkul kept up that tradition, then Kelemvor maintained what was already there when he took over from myrkul it's still there but no new souls are being added because Kelemvor isn't an asshole and actually sends the dead where they were supposed to go.
>>
>>51941990
>8 pixies
As a noob druid player, explain yourself.
>>
>>51942065
The DM does not have to always hand PCs the most favorable option on a platter, dude, especially when the most favorable option is like 16 free lockdown spell slots and 8 free concentration slots.
>>
>>51942087
Your bait didn't deserve an argument
>>
>>51942095
Conjure Woodland Beings
>>
>>51942095
There's a spell that CAN summon up to 8 pixies which is insanely powerful. DM's choice what it calls.
>>
>>51942109
Not an argument.
>>51942102
Didn't say that, strawman.
>>
>>51942087
>Not an argument.
Fuck off, Virt.
>>
>>51942152
virt's gone, anon.

For now. Probably.
>>
Should I take Crossbow expert at 4 and Sharpshooter at 6, or the ASI instead in place of one of them (I have +3 to dex)
>>
>>51941984
They also need constitution if they want to fight well because they are pretty much designed in 5e to be melee only and neither have armour proficiency nor are able to use certain class features in armour. So we are looking at three stats needing to be as high as possible to reliably do monk stuff in combat. Most classes only really need 2 to do their thing, hell, a ranged fighter realistically only needs dex to perform in combat while a monk needs 3 stats in order to actually use his class features in combat, which is pretty demanding.
>>
New thread lads >>51942223
>>
>>51942117
>>51942095
Specifically, you can summon 8 pretty gnarly spellcasters

Just Polymorph would be a deal breaker for me. I don't fancy having to scale fights for a party full of T-Rexes
>>
File: Pixie spell list.png (125KB, 461x173px) Image search: [Google]
Pixie spell list.png
125KB, 461x173px
>>51942243
Forgot pic
>>
>>51938741
Is it whether the brews are shit - "Don't brew if you're gonna brew shit"?
Or whether it's mediocre - "I have nothing good to say so I won't"?
>>
>>51942126
>Didn't say that, strawman.

You're one to talk >>51942065
>>
>>51937788
>REC
>>
>>51938319
>Locke Lamora
>Not Locke Cole
How pleb can one person be?
>>
>>51940245
He's basically advertising that he enjoys pretending to be a cute girl that may or may not be into some kinky shit.

He wants to fuck
>>
>>51941064
>excuse me fighter-san, let me rub your thighs with this salve in the middle of the fight, it will make you feel better

>ywn meet a cute rouge that rubs your thighs and makes you feel better

Why even adventure?
Thread posts: 385
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.