[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hhg/ aka Horus Heresy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 372
Thread images: 79

File: AGONIZINGLY ALONE.png (385KB, 1322x1462px) Image search: [Google]
AGONIZINGLY ALONE.png
385KB, 1322x1462px
Rolled 15 (1d26)

The Fire Rises Some More edition.
Please write my fluff for me subedition.

Vulkan's going to sit on the Golden Throne and an Angry Librarian, yet more Prospero arguments and Nikaea arguments, you know the drill etc etc Magnus did everything wrong etc etc forever last thread >>51923270

>SOON TO BE OBSOLETE, ALL GLORY TO THE SCANON
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand+Sons.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space+Wolves.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan+Guard.pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons+of+the+Emperor.pdf

>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
http://imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HHG Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b
>>
File: DG chapters.png (2MB, 894x1160px) Image search: [Google]
DG chapters.png
2MB, 894x1160px
reminder that Death Guard had chapters
>>
Got my Dreadclaw from chinaman and the box smells like spray paint. Is that normal? This is the first big thing I've gotten from china.
>>
>>51934444
>Please write my fluff for me subedition
-_________-
>>
Daily reminder that Magnus was a good boy and he dindu nuffin
>>
>>51934485
Point remains. It's only 700 guys. It doesn't have to be a chapter. Somewhere between a battalion and a company should be fine.

As for their fleet, maybe they commandeered some of them back.
>>
gas prospero
psychic war now
>>
File: He dun no no shit.jpg (175KB, 623x414px) Image search: [Google]
He dun no no shit.jpg
175KB, 623x414px
>>51934534
>didn't obey the emperor's orders to the letter in every way
There's something.
>>
>>51934561
yes but praetor feels more like a chapter commander than a lower ranking officer
>>
Anon who always asks about Rangdan, there's some in Inferno.
It just restates that it was cataclysmic and that the Imperials took huge casualties including REDACTED SECTION and in the aftermath the Space Wolves and the Dark Angels were tasked with enacting purges.
It goes on to say that it was these events that led to both legions generating dark reputations and Russ being whispered of as 'executioner'.

Also the Leman Russ tank was named after him as the STC for it was found in a campaign he led that went brilliantly.
>>
File: Ark_Mechanicus.jpg (222KB, 910x519px) Image search: [Google]
Ark_Mechanicus.jpg
222KB, 910x519px
So, if the Heresy hadn't kicked off when it did, what would a hypothetical war between the Great Crusade era Imperium and the Mechanicum (All of it, including the indentured Knight Houses) look like? Now they're reconnected with their domains they're not gaining much from the alliance with Terra. Could they take the Legions on? Much as it makes my Iron Hands sad to say it, I think they probably could. Without the Forge Worlds the Imperium doesn't have the production for a war, and grinding your way through Forge Worlds is bloody difficult when everything there actively wants to kill you.

Assuming the Imperium keeps a minority of the Forge Worlds, probably allies with Xana and such, as well as keeping a large chunk of the Reductor as they were more loyal to Terra, and the Mech keep enough agricultural, Hive and other worlds to function, since a lot of them are vassals anyway.

How would the naval stuff work out? Lots of the Terran ships depend on techpriests to function.
>>
>>51934627
The Emperor teleporting to Mars, glassing the planet while his legions simultaneously destroy every forgeworld in the Imperium.
>>
>>51934591
Well now you're trying to mix two bits of lore that were never intended to go together. Just use the praetor stats and call him a different rank. Praetor is really just another name for "extremely well known marine that could've been a character if given focus."
>>
>>51934627
We really don't know how many Mechanicum worlds there are compared to Imperial ones... but it always sounds like they're relatively small in number.

There also seemed to be more production on non-Mechanicum worlds than in M41. Inwit made ships, for example, and Guilliman was able to create a small empire before the Imperium(+Mars) came to town. But you're right, they had a heavy Mechanicum presence very soon.

I suppose that was Mars's plan. They knew they had to accept the alliance or be conquered, and their only way to survive long-term was to make themselves indispensable by reducing everyone else's ability to build and maintain stuff. By M41 they'd largely succeeded.

But I really think they're too small to have a chance in M31.
>>
>>51934822
Earth and Mars probably have enough warheads pointed at each other for mutually assured destruction.

>>51934508
Recast resin in smelly resin. Let it air out somewhere safe, even if it's going to result in dust that you have to clean off later (you're going to have to do a lot of mold release washing anyway).
>>
I'm starting to like Mechanicum, does this list seem anywhere near decent?

HQ
Magos Prime
>Graviton Imploder, Powerfist, Ordinator Magos
Secutarii Axiarch

Troops
Thallax Cohort
>Ferrox Augments
Thallax Cohort
>Ferrox Augments
Secutarii Hoplites
>Triaros Conveyor
Secutarii Hoplites
>Triaros Conveyor

Fast Attack
Ursurax Cohort
>Power Fists
Ursurax Cohort
>Power Fists

Heavy Support
>Myrmidon Destructors
>4 Myrmidoms, Graviton Imploders, Triaros Conveyor
Krios Battle Tank
>Lightning Cannon
Krios Battle Tank
>Lightning Cannon

Allied Knights Detachment-

HQ
Knight-Errant
>Lord Scion

Troops
Knight-Errant

Leaves me 10 points shy of 3,000, which is good since I have room to upgrade the Knights to other guns if I don't like melta (fairly likely). Also, could give the Myrmidoms those cool Photon cannons instead, and then have a really terrifying ranged presence.

Am I doing Thallax right? Ursurax seem fun and ded 'ard Killy, and the hoplites+Triaros can delete any vehicle they like, but I'm not yet certain about my main troops. Then again, 12 S5 rending attacks isn't anything to hate on
>>
File: burning-of-prospero.gif (2MB, 619x619px) Image search: [Google]
burning-of-prospero.gif
2MB, 619x619px
>>51934534
>>
File: Ordinatus_in_action.jpg (82KB, 1011x713px) Image search: [Google]
Ordinatus_in_action.jpg
82KB, 1011x713px
>>51934822
Legions and the Emperor aren't quite that OP, anon. Only so much about a million guys can do against what's probably a few tens of thousands of planets, and each of those will be an almightly pain to take over. As for Emps, it'll take him a few months at LEAST to deal with Mars, he needed years for Terra and that wasn't united against him.

>>51934923

Yeah, I would think they have enough to make a damn impressive slugfest of it, especially as a proper Forge World, with the layered defenses and the majority of the planet given to infrastructure would probably need a full Legion or more to deal with. They're not as numerous, but they are much more a problem than the pissy little cities they've had to deal with so far.

Also, Titans and Ordinatii would make a pretty good fist of dealing with Primarchs, they're not LITERAL gods.

>>51935080

Get your ass some Reductor benefits, man. Boost that Magos up with Machinator at least, make him an Archimandrite, possibly cut one Knight and get the mandatory Magos Reductor. Upgrade the Krios to Venators, take Matrix of Ruin and get some artillery as HS #4.

Possibly make the Secutarii Rad-carbine Peltasts in 20-man units, and get one squad of 12 Hoplites in an Arvus for AT duty. Leave a spare spot in one for the Axiarch. To get a FA slot, merge the Ursarax units. They're kind of bad, honestly, maybe drop one unit and buy some Enginseers to hang with the Arty and the Magos Reductor, keep those 4 backline tanks good while the Magos buffs them.

List is good, just needs some more synergy since that doesn.t work very well as vanilla Taghmata, especially with that many tanks. Will benefit a lot from IWND on everything and Scoring in enemy deployment, plus ignoring terrain.
>>
>>51935080
Yeah, I'd say you're doing it right. It'd help if you gave us quantities though.
>>
>>51935080
Just realised Matrix of Ruin loses you HQ slot #3, so you'll have to pick Archimandrite or Axiarch, although you could use regular force org and merge the Krios together, which is probably a better idea, giving you all 3 HQs and all the Hsupport. Take the single Knight as your LoW.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (675KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
675KB, 2448x3264px
Here's the hybrid SoH scheme mentioned earlier.
It's not an Apothecary or a special dude, it's just a legionary.
>>
>>51935330
That's not a hybrid scheme.
>>
>>51935330
What the fuck
>>
I ask here because it's the closest thing to it.

Where the fuck is the 40k general?

Thanks.
>>
>>51935356
Transitionary then? idk whatever you want to call it
>>51935368
The force sent along with the Wolves was in the middle of changing over from Luna Wolves to Sons of Horus.
>>
has anyone made any custodes lists yet?
>>
>>51935216
>>51935231
>>51935280
Thanks for the advice! Damn, Reductor has some sweet rules and toys, but for now I think I'll stat along the same track. Some slight adjustments;

HQ (275)
Arch-Magos Reductor
>Graviton Imploder, Powerfist, Cyber-Familiar
Secutarii Axiarch

Troops (850)
Thallax Cohort
>3 Thallax, Ferrox Augments
Thallax Cohort
>3 Thallax, Ferrox Augments
Secutarii Hoplites
>10 Hoplites, Triaros Conveyor
Secutarii Hoplites
>10 Hoplites, Triaros Conveyor

Fast Attack (410)
Ursurax Cohort
>3 Ursurax, Power Fists
Ursurax Cohort
>3 Ursurax, Power Fists

Heavy Support (700)
>Myrmidon Destructors
>4 Myrmidoms, Graviton Imploders, Triaros Conveyor
Krios Battle Tank
>Lightning Cannon
Krios Battle Tank
>Lightning Cannon

Allied Knights Detachment-

HQ (395)
Knight-Errant
>Lord Scion

Troops (370)
Knight-Errant

Still not 100% sold on the Ursurax, however for now I think they're worth the try. I might get one of those drones (unless that's a total dick move) or some of those kickass reductor tanks instead, at the risk of limiting melee capability.
>>
>>51935621
>I might get one of those drones (unless that's a total dick move)
One generally isn't. Two depends on the rest of your list (with two knights I'd say yes), and three is a dick move.

The biggest dick move, imo (and you're not doing it), is deep striking the new secutarii guys with haywire rifles in an Arvus Lighter. I don't know how any vehicle is supposed to have a fighting chance against that.

I'm not sure 3-man Thallax/Ursurax squads are going to accomplish anything. I think you're giving up too much in order to squeeze two knights into the list.
>>
I'm on the haters' side when it comes to yiffs, but I have to admit I love the snippets we've got so far.
>>
>>51935777
>giving up too much

Yeah, good point. I'll still have a lot of offensive power with just one, and I can get some room to buff the Ursurax/Thallax/Hoplites up. Cool stuff

>Deep-Striking Arvus
Holy hell that's a magnificent plan
Evil, but magnificent
>>
>>51934485
reminder that the structural chapter emerged from the Principia Belicosa to which all legions originally conformed and not from the Codex Astartes, which merely adopted the structure as a sensible fighting command size
>>
>>51934603

Can you give a pic of the Tank part?
>>
>>51935330
that's a Lunar Wolves scheme with the new SoH symbol and colors on the pauldron

the raptor on the marine's gauntlet marks him as a Terran veteran iirc

>>51935832
>choosing color scheme for VI Legion Blackshields
>dog dick red
>>
Legio Custodes fluff anyone?

>'Only in Death Does Duty End' is their 'first maxim'
>They are the Firstborn; predating the Thunder Warriors. Not advanced Space Marines, they are their own thing.
>Even harder to make than Space Marines, they reached 10K at the middle of the Crusade and then were kept at that number.
>Earliest mention of them says the Emperor originally had 4. By the time the Thunder Warriors appear in history, there were said to be 30.
>"Hundreds" of them culled the Thunder Warriors, accompanied by the first ever "few thousand" prototype Space Marines, who would go on to become the first members of of Legio I
>While Marines must begin implantation at the onset of adolescence, Custodians must begin the process as actual children.
>Unless killed by bodily harm they are effectively immortal
>The process to make them goes down to the cellular level and so some say it is akin to biomancy.
>There's a belief that DAoT tech was used to make them, only the Emperor able to master such tech to pure ends
>Valdor has been Captain-General (highest rank below the Emperor) since anyone can remember
>Below him are the Tribunate: "perhaps ten in number"
>The Tribunes are the Emperor's personal war and security council
>Below the Tribunes are Prefectors (title and service position afford veteran status) and Shield Captains (active service on detached duties)
>Underneath that they have a load of titles that denote current role
>The Hykanatoi are the main body and compose the Sentinel Guard, the 'actual' Custodian Guard and the Heteraeon Guard (elites).
>The Tharanatoi are the heavy shock and are where you can find their Terminators and Sagittarum Guard (who bear relic weapons)
>The Kataphraktoi: fast attack and pilots
>The Ephori: covert ops, have ties to the Assassin clades.
>The Moritori: Dreadnoughts. Less than 100. First ever Dread was one, in the first Dread mark: the Ur-Gholem. Now use Achillus pattern, a superior Contemptor mark.
>>
>>51935438
Check the catalogue retard. If there isn't one there then make it.
>>
Busted my painting arm while rock climbing, so I can't do a damn thing for the next couple days and I must suffer through unpainted Ultraboys. Let me live through you. What are you working on /hhg/?
>>
>>51936090
this could be an interesting read, even if i am predisposed to not liking them
>>
File: P5LUhU5.jpg (180KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
P5LUhU5.jpg
180KB, 1366x768px
>>51936090
keep 'em coming!
>>
>>51936418
Oderint dum metuant motherfucker
>>
>>51936499

I think it's kind of sad that I know what that means.
>>
File: image.jpg (797KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
797KB, 2592x1936px
>>51936405
I know your pain anon, I broke my middle finger last year right after buying my big intro to Admech It sucked, so get better soon!

But hey, now I'm better AND have an army of custodes. Word from the wise to you other anons, don't use Retributor Spray, does that same ugly half-grainy shit as Corax White.

PS sorry for shit picture, iPad is all I have that's good for pictures and it doesn't like gold
>>
Hey /hhg/

I'm making some Blackshields, ex-Emperor's Children, and want them to play differently than my Emperor's Children and maybe even have the units my current Emperor's Children don't have (i.e. a Moritat, Destroyers, Breachers, etc.).

Thus far I have the Burning of Prospero and built up the 30 MK3 as 2 squads of 15 marauders each with chainaxes and hammers on the Chiefs. I've also converted the spacewolf into a Reaver with a Halo blade (which I've been told is shit but I like the aesthetic of swords). They are still unpainted.

Where should I go from here?

How would I use Destroyers and Breachers?

Would I be better off just using World Eaters or Death Guard instead?
>>
File: IMG_20170227_182326.jpg (117KB, 805x535px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170227_182326.jpg
117KB, 805x535px
>>51934961

Yea. Airing it out now.

A few teeth on the bottom broke off as well as a few rivets on the panels.

The claws are a little rough. One of the under panels broke and is missing, though its under the claw itself, so it should be fine.

As for cleaning, they definitely FEEL like they need to be cleaned, so that should be fun. Do I clean them before I start fixing them or after?

For $50, it could be worse.
>>
>>51936632
looks like you didn't shake it enough, every time I've used retributor in good conditions it went on smooth as butter.

if it's a bad can take some photos and send a mail to GW customer support, they'll often replace models that were damaged by a shitty can of spray.
>>
>>51936748
I shook Corax White strongly for good ten minutes and it still gave me that grainy shit.
Luckily it was on test models but I'd like to see GW try to replace Dark Elf Warriors back from God-knows-when, probably '90s.
>>
>Hydragyrum watches it, knowing that a human would have felt terror, or confusion. He feels nothing, though. He is an empty vessel shaped like a living creature, but that is as it should be. He was the lodestone at the centre of the tree of death, the absence at the heart of annihilation, the null to the aleph of life.

-------------------

>And no one he passed looked at him. They turned their eyes and hurried away. If asked, none of them would be able to say why they did not want to look at the thin man in black. A lucky few would say that they could not remember him at all. That did not bother Hydragyrum.

>Outwardly, he seemed a human just like those that passed on his walk across the walls. He was not human, though, any more than a statue of a man was a man. He was inhuman. He was pariah. He knew this, and had known it ever since he had been old enough to hold a thought. He presumed that his family had seen it in him, which was why they had left him on the refuse range to die – the strange child with the eyes that made people shiver, and who did not cry when they left him to the wolves and winds.

I just read the Psi-Titan short story. So Pariahs are confirmed to be autistic unable to feel emotion or empathy.

But what's wrong with their eyes? It's always their eyes that are described as the most horrifying/disturbing thing about them.

Also how could the Emperor commission the creation of such abominations like the psi-titans?
>>
>>51935330
>tfw FW keeps coming out with cool exotic schemes like red white WE, SW field police, and this guy

I can't imagine what it feels like to be a player who bought and painted tons of shit just to have new releases make him want to re-do the whole army. Happened to Minotaurs too.
>>
>>51936651
>How would I use Destroyers and Breachers?
You don't. Make a zone mortalis space pirates if you want to use those models.
>>
>>51936956
Windows to the soul, it's a metaphor
>>
>>51937000
That's why I'm waiting for Angelus to come out before painting my BA.
>>
>>51937070
Metaphor? The dude raised his head to stare at an Imperial Fist. His stare caused the marine to flinched back.
>>
>>51937112
And the Fist flinches because to look into the eyes of a blank is to gaze through the windows to nothingness, perhaps? The guy is a pariah, right?
>>
>>51937170
>The guy is a pariah, right?

Yeah but would gazing into nothing disturbs a marine? It's not like he was a psyker and understands the concept of a soul.
>>
File: Gorgon.jpg (41KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Gorgon.jpg
41KB, 600x620px
Give me my Gorgon, Forge World
>>
>>51937218
Blanks project an aura of "wrongness" that makes people dislike them at fundamental level.
>>
File: 635569864311932166_animated.gif (797KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
635569864311932166_animated.gif
797KB, 100x100px
>go to order a couple more castellax, this time with darkfires.
> out of stock
>sadmagos.jpg
>>
File: Ferrus-manus1_(1) 1 one.jpg (151KB, 850x919px) Image search: [Google]
Ferrus-manus1_(1) 1 one.jpg
151KB, 850x919px
>>51937293
Here you go.
>>
>>51937085
Spoiler alert.

It will be red and gold
>>
>>51937380

Sort of like awkward neckbeards?
>>
>>51937436
Yeah, but you will hate the for no reason and you will hate the fact that you have no reason so you hate them more.
>>
File: 3732029_orig.jpg (126KB, 1100x289px) Image search: [Google]
3732029_orig.jpg
126KB, 1100x289px
Should 30k get a Traitor Summoning based RoW similar to KDK where you can get a token if a unit is destroyed and put it towards summoning a Lesser/Greater Daemon to represent the Siege of Terra or is that too CSM for 30k

I think it would fit better and just giving librarians Malefic
>>
>>51937057
Dammit, really?

They look so cool.
>>
>>51937218
Untouchables bother every living thing, including xenos . Effect varies upon strength of the Blank and the will of the beholder. Nulls are "existential horrors" apparently.
On that subject, Sisters fluff from Inferno. Not much as they're super-secret.

>Militant arm of the Telepathica, similar authority to Custodes, but specialised to hunt and cull psykers, including rogues
>'Ordinary' Sisters are already the most powerful Untouchables, can somehow increase the strength of their effect. These ones are the Oblivion Knights and can damp alpha-level psykers.
>Records of them pre-Crusade basically don't exist, only mention of similar are the 'Hollow Ones', servants of the Unspeakable King, a pre-Emperor figure also said to be a Null.
>Thought to have originally been assassins and covert agents.
>The original psyker-gatherers of the Diviso Investigates were just dudes, and had problems doing their job. On an especially bad campaign v. early in the Crusade (before Russ was found), the commander realised a newly-raised Army regiment nicknamed the Daughters of the Crow had a load of nulls in it and used them to pacify the situation. He then had the lot of them carted away in the Black Ships. Some say they were the genesis of the Sisters. Others say that's bullshit.
>Regardless, about 40 years into the Crusade, the Sisters of Silence appeared as a recognised Imperial body.
>Specialise in short-range high intensity combat. >They only cut their hair if they have failed in some way.
>Trained from childhood ideally. The vow of Silence is the final part of their training.
>3 senior officers:
>Knight Commander (senior field officer)
>The Mistress of the Black Ships
>The Nemesis Praxxia: Training and lore master
>2 main factions: Chamber of Oblivion (martial forces) and Chamber of Judgement (interrogators). The Chambers have sub-factions that comprise the different armed units and investigation teams respectively.
>Black Ships carry Exterminatus class weapons
>>
>>51937546

Playing this game with the models you like and losing is better than playing this game with models you hate and winning.
>>
>>51936090
>accompanied by the first ever "few thousand" prototype Space Marines, who would go on to become the first members of of Legio I
And here I was totally ready for FW to ruin my Praetor's fluff. But they didn't, thanks, FW.
>>
>>51937593
>Playing this game with the models you like and losing is better than playing this game with models you hate and winning.

Quite true. I like the drama of drawn out infantry battles and duels between heroes, and I don't like the idea of infantry being around just to take objectives. To this end I'm building 2 legions so I can provide both sides - infantry based Ultramarines and Word Bearers.

Also I am poor and can't afford Typhons.
>>
File: Commited to Crystal.png (626KB, 816x635px) Image search: [Google]
Commited to Crystal.png
626KB, 816x635px
>>51937555
>Untouchables bother every living thing, including xenos
That's one way to put it.
>>
>>51937674
>Also I am poor and can't afford Typhons

Chinaman anon, he will provide
>>
File: Space_Marine_Legion.jpg (7MB, 4992x3424px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Marine_Legion.jpg
7MB, 4992x3424px
>>51935996
>reminder that the structural chapter emerged from the Principia Belicosa to which all legions originally conformed and not from the Codex Astartes
This, thank you.
Also, the one who researched the Chapter's fighting strenght as a means to maximize the kill/death ratio wasn't Guilliman, but Aeonid Thiel.
>>
>>51937430
Fucking spoiler text that.

Jesus.
>>
>>51937593
>>51937674

This is why I mainly play (Traitor) Marines and blob guard. My Emperor's Children were mostly veterans to be "the elite" that the legion should be. I was hoping to use Blackshields to represent the dregs of experiments gone wrong or those who dabbled to much into excess but backed out before the rest of the legion turned from the Emperor. Switching back to heavier defences and whatnot to endure a punishment they deserve.

Having a bunch of heavily armoured semi-mutant marines running around the field with axes, trying to repent for their transgressions, and dying in glorious melee combat appeals to me.
Like a 30k Legion equivalent of the Sister Repentia I guess.
>>
>>51937430

Joke's on you faggot BA are gonna be red and black.
>>
File: exothermic.gif (541KB, 480x379px) Image search: [Google]
exothermic.gif
541KB, 480x379px
>>51934603
>Also the Leman Russ tank was named after him as the STC for it was found in a campaign he led that went brilliantly.
I wish Russ hated that tank the same he hates his own spear, being stuck with Fenris, wolves, fake vikings and shit, and that he hates it because he knows it was originally a STC for a tractor :^)
>>
>>51935330
Thanks anon, just by chance though, is that the only one?
>>
Time for the OP Sons origins
>After Unification and Luna had fallen, but before the Sol system was conquered, there was this big warp storm that caused havoc on Terra and freaked everyone one
>During this time the Black Sentinels, the first Sisters and the XVth legio all appeared in service.
>Had the strictest intake screening; only recruited from the most politically and genetically stable, loyal and culturally sophisticated regions of Terra, then further sifted for specific types of recruits, often by the Emperor himself.
>V.high level of geneseed acceptance.
>When the initial formation knelt before the Emperor and he bade his thousand sons to rise, the warp storm around Terra broke. Hence having a name before even their first battle honour.
>Took the Millennial icon because of the name, took the colours of the Achamanean Immortals, a historical force from their main recruitment ground.
>Nobody gave much of a fuck about them for years, other than being mildy curious as to why the Emperor took such a hand in their making and gave them a name. Then their powers manifested, quickly across the whole legion.
>It was then believed the Emperor knew exactly what he was doing, despite the questions this raised
>The Imperium was anti-psyker in general, so they started to get a bad rep
>Legio III refused to fight alongside them, the Dusk Raiders ignored them on campaign and Horus advised the Emperor just to get rid of them
>Captain Ohrzmud (Ahriman's brother) and 200 guys took 6 hours to conquer a planet, using powers
>A (now dead) Titan Legio swore brotherhood with them
>The Emperor summoned them to be his personal force for one specific campaign
>They stayed small, usually around 10,000. Other legions were massive by this time.
>During the Bezant campaign the flesh-change appeared and one guy was Spawned. The TS decided to cover this up.
>Eventually it started to become a pandemic.
(1)
>>
File: consider rhe following.png (458KB, 900x850px) Image search: [Google]
consider rhe following.png
458KB, 900x850px
>>51934627
>How you gonna shoot me down when I guide the rocket?
That'd have been the ideal endgame...but it's too damn difficult so it was definitely out of the question.
At least not before making orks, eldar and necrons go exctinct.
You see, unlike Horus and Lorgar's hubris and daemon cuckery, Emps does believe in humanity fuck yeah.

Also, I love that Arkhan loves Him as much as I do.
>>
>>51937555
I have a brain disorder that affects my motor control. Basically I trigger uncanny valley with some people, mainly children. Friends say they got used to it quick, but the first impression can be scary. Why was I born in the universe where I have this issue but can't also use it to rip the souls out of people? It feels like I'm being cheated out of my rights here.
>>
>>51937916
You mean like Malcador, the second most powerful person in the Imperium, got his name attached to a second rate Leman Russ+ good for PDF tier units and only got used in the Heresy because they needed tonks. Or Macharius, whose name is carried by the not-Baneblade made by forge world that can't make the far superior Baneblades.

Imperium has a weird way of honoring their heroes.
>>
File: This is fine.png (34KB, 250x219px) Image search: [Google]
This is fine.png
34KB, 250x219px
>>51935777
>The biggest dick move, imo (and you're not doing it), is deep striking the new secutarii guys with haywire rifles in an Arvus Lighter. I don't know how any vehicle is supposed to have a fighting chance against that.
Dammit why is everything I come up classified as a Warcrime?
>>
>>51937927
There's a SoH chieftain as well, but he's in normal SoH colours.
The fluff for the SoH is that they were switching from Luna Wolves to SoH and so the rank and file were being pressured to join the Lodges. Those that didn't were noted by rhe command cadre. In the ensuing action on Prospero, where the SoH were deployed in low-intensity population control, they took unusually high casualties for such a task. Guess which ones died.
They also leave Prospero with their ships registering larger cargo then when they arrived...
>>
File: bane_eater_by_joazzz2.jpg (379KB, 858x596px) Image search: [Google]
bane_eater_by_joazzz2.jpg
379KB, 858x596px
>>51938080
>Imperium has a weird way of honoring their heroes.
Suddenly I want to know who Mr Bane Blade was and why he wore the mask
>>
>>51938060

What, do you just do the robot whenever you walk?
>>
>>51936405
>prevented from one hobby by an accident in another

WELL LOOK AT THIS PHYSICALLY ACTIVE FAGGOT WITH HIS BALANCED FUCKING LIFESTYLE AND SHIT, WOW

FUCK YOU

Get well soon bro
>>
>>51937893
Get outta here hot topic
>>
>>51936090
>>The Hykanatoi are the main body and compose the Sentinel Guard, the 'actual' Custodian Guard and the Heteraeon Guard (elites).
What? But Hetaraeon (Hetaroi) literally means "the companions"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Companion_cavalry
>>
>>51936405
>rock climbing

This is so fucking normalfag it hurts
>>
>>51937969
>6 hours
Ha! Beat that Alpharius
>>
File: Perturabo_sketch.jpg (203KB, 535x464px) Image search: [Google]
Perturabo_sketch.jpg
203KB, 535x464px
Any bitter bros have a good Iron Warriors recipe I can culturally appropriate? inb4 drown it in nuln oil
>>
>>51935621
unless you really want the extra perks of the lord scion you don't actually have to take the knights as an allied detachment. matrix of ruin can take two lords of war, and you can take any knight as a mechanicum lord of war.
>>
>>51937969
Sad Witch Marines pt.2
>As the affliction became known, everyone started yelling that the TS should be culled; the Emperor told them to zip it.
>The TS put their dudes who got the flesh-change but hadn't spawned into stasis aboard ships. When Magnus arrived with the 'cure' most of them couldn't actually be saved. The actual fate of this "Dreamless Brotherhood" is unknown.
>Prospero barely survived Old Night, thanks to the mind-bugs and general psychic nonsense. Magnus landed in Tizca and came under the tutelage of Amon. Magnus made Tizca great again.
>Magnus always claimed he mind-spoke to the Emperor from a very young age. True or not, the Emperor made a bee-line for Prospero and brought what was left of the TS with him.
>Magnus and the TS immediately loved each other. Mags went all out to cure the flesh-change.
>Some say this was a test set by the Emperor.
>Mags did it, but no-one ever knew how. Now it seems he delved too far into things Mankind should not know.
>Only 1,000 TS survived the flesh-change. He remade them with Prosperine lore.
>He tried to raise his first generation of Tizcan colleagues to marines, but most didn't make it. Amon was one that did.
>Magnus didn't believe in dominating the stars but elevating Mankind to enlightenment. Gathering knowledge became a big deal to the TS.
>Pertuarabo sometimes accompanied Magnus on research missions, observers didn't understand why they were friends.
>Magnus didn't invent the Librarius but became the chief proponent. Getting the backing of several brothers, he convinced the Emperor to give it a go.
>Librarians from all the legions who signed up were then trained in Prosperine, Baalite and Emperor-bestowed psychic techniques.
>The TS started to have friends again.
>Then Nikea.
>>
>>51938092
Thanks, that's pretty cool. There's always been something about how the LW/SoH act that I enjoy. But in terms of their cargo, can we assume pyskers/artifacts?
>>
File: Rocks are not free 2.jpg (251KB, 949x1180px) Image search: [Google]
Rocks are not free 2.jpg
251KB, 949x1180px
>>51938276
>Drop Cyclonics
>World is pacified
Alpha as fuck. This one easy trick triggers Ultramarines and Salamanders.
>>
>>51938506

The goal of the Great Crusade isn't just to pacify systems, it's to increase the number of useful worlds too. I'm sure you could just replace all the resources it took to make and maintain the legions and just invest it into orbital weaponry but that would be a pretty shitty Imperium to rule over.
>>
>>51938445
Man FW really loves TS
>>
>>51938215
>This is so fucking normalfag it hurts

I, as a total nerd, could picture myself rock climbing indoors (my university had a rock climbing wall) and hurting myself within minutes.
>>
File: 1454818865270.jpg (439KB, 1200x801px) Image search: [Google]
1454818865270.jpg
439KB, 1200x801px
>>51935996

Further reminder that the Legions and the Principia came after, and what was before were the Six Hosts of the Angels of Death.

Even calling them Wings was an adaptation of Calibanite cavalry terminology, their original names lost in the intervening 300 years.

Deathwing, Dreadwing, Ravenwing, Ironwing, Stormwing, Firewing
>>
>>51938557
The DA are gonna have some wicked pre-Caliban fluff in Angelus, if the hints in Inferno are indicators.
The BA are mentioned a lot in terms of the Librarius, so who knows, maybe they'll get some minor psychic rules.
>>
File: Sinistramanus Tenebrae.png (83KB, 1283x358px) Image search: [Google]
Sinistramanus Tenebrae.png
83KB, 1283x358px
>>51936956
>Hydragyrum
He's literally named Freddy Mercury?!
>Also how could the Emperor commission the creation of such abominations like the psi-titans?
They're a necessary evil, anon.
There are things out there in the galaxy that should not be, waiting to bring the Old Night back.
Must we kindly wait for the darkness swallow us? Yes, we shall bring the Emperor's light to the galaxy, but there are some things that cannot be fought with light.
We shall fight monsters with monsters of our own. Only when humanity is the last nightmare left on the galaxy, only there can we change ourselves and our Crusade will end.
>>
>>51938503
>But in terms of their cargo, can we assume pyskers/artifacts?
Yeah, they assigned themselves (somehow) to 'population control' which is apparently Imperial terminology for killing civilians. They could somehow separate who were powerful psykers and so kidnapped them, killed the ones they didn't want.
They get away with this undetected as well.
>>
>>51938590
>There are things out there in the galaxy that should not be
And the Emperor made 18 of them.

t. Custodes
>>
>>51938533
Yeah. The fluff for both TS and SW is cool, but the SW are not who they are in 40K and FW is pretty clear about calling them out as hypocritical team-killing assholes.
So if SW players like that heroic badass stuff over this 'what they were really like' they might get disappointed.
Though there are exemplary battles and little anecdotes about them being badass obviously.
FW isn't shying away about the TS using actual 'bad' magic either, at the end of the battle. They get powered up by actual warp-portals and eventually generate a warpstorm etc. They also sacrifice "thralls" to generate spells and mentally control some militia into fighting who would probably really rather have been running away.
>>
>>51938651
Even not coming from the Custodes, I could totally see that as a change made in a history book by a pro-HLoT, anti-Primarch historian.
>>
Correct me if I'm wrong, folks with the book, but it looks like
>Rangdan Xenocide
>REDACTED is wiped out fighting the war
>Leman Russ leaves the Xenocide with the title "Emperor's Executioner" and writes an entire fucking book on how to murder Space Marines with other Space Marines
Combine with Book 3's comments on how you should NEVER get marines from tainted sources, and I think we know a rough outline of what happened to the lost legions.
>>
File: Red Right Hand of Justice.png (262KB, 371x281px) Image search: [Google]
Red Right Hand of Justice.png
262KB, 371x281px
>>51937555
>>Records of them pre-Crusade basically don't exist, only mention of similar are the 'Hollow Ones', servants of the Unspeakable King, a pre-Emperor figure also said to be a Null.
Why aren't we talking about this more?
This has existed since HH1 and only now it begins to make sense.
>The Unspeakable King, a reverse Emperor
>>51937696
This is awesome. I wonder what kind of Hollow one is the kind that is so un-natural that isn't inducted in the assassinorum, but instead goes and powers un-subtle monsters of dread and metal
>>
>>51938720
I feel the differences in the Space Wolves pre-Russ, mid-Russ, and post-Russ are really good. It shows how compared to some other legions, the Wolves were an extremely malleable legion that shifted greatly in their values and perspectives over the centuries. Compared to, say the Iron Hands or the Salamanders, who each doubled-down on their respective beliefs twice as hard when fast with great change in their leadership.
>>
File: How to IW.png (935KB, 782x661px) Image search: [Google]
How to IW.png
935KB, 782x661px
>>51938364
>>
>>51938744
It's the strongest hint as to what happened yet. I'm actually surprised how clear the inference is.

It's also interesting how the SW and DA become 'frenimies' the other legions take a wary eye to because they both were ordered to conduct the clean-up operations.
>>
File: How to IW 2.png (1009KB, 1022x812px) Image search: [Google]
How to IW 2.png
1009KB, 1022x812px
>>51938364
>>
>>51938761
Hang on, the Dusk Raiders were drawn from a people that used to make the Ironsiders, right?
And the Ironsiders therefore fought alonside the Hollow Ones.
>The first time you see them in the HH books the Death Guard are fighting alongside the Sisters of Silence

That's some fucking pottery right there.
>>
>>51938744
While I have no doubt that some astartes mind-control took place during the Xenocide, I think it's a good idea to keep the theories really open and flexible.

Perhaps the Executioner bit came from the required genocide of dozens of worlds that had been mind-controlled.

Perhaps the legion was mind-controlled but their primarch wasn't, possibly requiring the primarch to murder his own legion.

Perhaps the intensity of the Xenocide triggered something in one of the legions, similar to what happened with the TS during Prospero.
>>
>>51938642
I'm just a bit confused as to how some (as of now SoH) unnamed captain claiming on orders from Horus that his company and a detachment from the Legio Mortis wish the join the censure host, but they're only gonna do population control... And no one bats an eye at their specific self assigned role....
>>
>>51938720
I'm just glad that there were clearly bad guys. The burning of Prospero story was a mess because everyone telling the story tried to make everyone the reasonable good guy.

The issue being is that the conflict and the consequences of said conflict cannot happen with reasonable people.

I'm glad that at least we had proper bad guy Russ and SoH.
>>
>>51938857
I don't think Russ cared whether the SoH partook in the fight or not.
>>
File: starkiller.gif (926KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
starkiller.gif
926KB, 500x281px
>>51937969
>>Captain Ohrzmud (Ahriman's brother) and 200 guys took 6 hours to conquer a planet, using powers
So TS are OP in the fluff as they are in the tabletop, huh
>>
>>51938856
>Perhaps the legion was mind-controlled but their primarch wasn't
Remember the fake Alpharius story, where he's raised by aliens and the Emperor has to unfuck everything? What if that's actually what happened to a lost primarch? And what if the Emperor failed, and the guy convinced his Legion that Xenos were worth fighting for more than humanity?
>>
File: To be continued - Bodt.png (2MB, 1758x1060px) Image search: [Google]
To be continued - Bodt.png
2MB, 1758x1060px
>>51938506
>Rocks are not free 2
>>>"2"
Post the first one.
Now I know why Moonman is considered a madman: a wasteful one!
>>
>>51938912
Yeah. The reason they lose Prospero is still because they overload on warp power and trigger a snowballing flesh-change outbreak in themselves.
Like it's an actual point in the fluff that when they enter the fight the SW immediately get butt-fucked and Valdor (who's been sitting in orbit stewing about Russ' shit plan) has to step in and take over strategic command to reassert pressure, putting the TS on the back foot.
>>
File: IMG_1978.png (361KB, 974x508px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1978.png
361KB, 974x508px
Hey friendos! A friend of mine has really been wanting to play Saturnine Terminators, so I figured I'd surprise him and make some home brew rules for them, mostly based off of centurions and the lore in whatever from pic related. Whaddya think?

Saturnine Terminator Squad
165 Points

WS4 BS4 S4 T5 W1 A2 Ld8 Sv2+

Unit Composition:
>3 Saturnine Terminators

Wargear:
>Armor-Mounted Heavy Bolter
>Combi-Bolter
>Heavy Chainsword
>Saturnine Terminator Armor

Special Rules:
>Legiones Astartes
>Decimator Protocols
>Implacable Advance

May purchase their armor-mounted navy bolter with one of the following weapons:
>multi-melta... 10ppm
>Rocket Launcher... 10ppm
>Lascannon... 15ppm
>Conversion Beamer... 15ppm

May upgrade their Combi-Bolter with one of the following:
>Plasma Blaster... 5ppm
>Reaper Autocannon... 5ppm
>Volkite Culverin... 10ppm

May replace their Heavy Chainblades with one of the following:
>Power Fist... 5ppm
>Chain Fist... 10ppm
>Thunder Hammer... 10ppm

May purchase up to 7 additional Terminators... 50ppm

Do you think they're too cheap/expensive? I'm not 100% on pricing, but right now I'm pondering adding 10-15 points and making them 2 wounds.

The armor confers a 2+ and 4++, btw
>>
File: 1460172649465.jpg (804KB, 924x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1460172649465.jpg
804KB, 924x1200px
>>51938842
>>The first time you see them in the HH books the Death Guard are fighting alongside the Sisters of Silence
;^)
Neither of them suffers the witch to live, anon.
>>
File: stoicface.jpg (214KB, 764x665px) Image search: [Google]
stoicface.jpg
214KB, 764x665px
>>51938990
>Valdor (who's been sitting in orbit stewing about Russ' shit plan) has to step in and take over strategic command to reassert pressure
Classic Valdor
>>
How evil is to want to use my Warlord Titan?

It's two Belicosa Volcano Cannons and two shoulder Reaver Laser Blasters

It's 2850 points and I want to run it with a Warhound with a Double Barreled Turbo Laser Destructor and Plasma Blastgun for a total of 3600 points.

Even though it's 3600 points would it be fair to assume me fighting 4000 points would be even?
>>
File: Annoyed Titan.png (322KB, 1317x662px) Image search: [Google]
Annoyed Titan.png
322KB, 1317x662px
>>51939021
>It's two Belicosa Volcano Cannons and two shoulder Reaver Laser Blasters
Srsly, what manner of abomination would require the addition of psychic powers on top of this thing to be killed...
>>
>>51939055
I'm assuming like 100 Terminators assaulting with Chainfists or quite few enemy D weapons. I don't even think a bunch Primarchs could stop it.
>>
File: rocks are not free.jpg (76KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
rocks are not free.jpg
76KB, 750x600px
>>51938970
It's just an old demotivator that I saved before #2.
>>
File: 1478574825100.jpg (132KB, 847x755px) Image search: [Google]
1478574825100.jpg
132KB, 847x755px
>>51939055
Enemy fortresses, psyker covens, cities, etc.

I imagine a Psi Titan roaming a city would make people shit themselves just from looking at it. I can't imagine the aura that thing projects
>>
>>51939000
Trips confirm, witches get stitches.
>>
>>51939055
According to the short story posted earlier, an endless horde of daemons the likes of which could swallow a planet.
>>
File: Psi-Titan.jpg (2MB, 1947x1761px) Image search: [Google]
Psi-Titan.jpg
2MB, 1947x1761px
>>51939129
>Enemy fortresses, psyker covens, cities, etc.
So, Prospero.
Be it so. Leave it to us, the Left Hand of the Emperor, which shall never rest as long as terrors still stalk the galaxy.
>>
>>51939234
Imagine that being the last thing you see before your brain suffers an aneurysm from psychic wash.
>>
>>51939234
>anime floating rocks like Bleach and DBZ

Sasuga
>>
>>51939055
>>51939021
you'll be a sad panda if the enemy even brings one or two sicaran venators and enough str 7 or 8 to break away the 6 shields.

confirming shock pulse for broken.
>>
Is it a bad idea to equip Praetor TDA? I mean it looks cool but the guy can get 2+/4++ other way and would be able to sweep and shit.
>>
>>51939585
only if you want one of the following:
>Relentless
>the same deployment ability as a terminator squad he's joining
>weapon options only available to TDA
>some cases cataphractii is cheaper than Artificer/IH
>>
File: 1486979237516.jpg (4MB, 2592x3888px) Image search: [Google]
1486979237516.jpg
4MB, 2592x3888px
>>51939330
>As you struggle to barely move at walking speed in the ruin that used to be your home, for a second you turn back, and glipmse into the metal giant's eyes.
>Such huge eyes would be hard to not look at, but you could swear they're looking back at you, even through the smoke and from many miles away
>Akin to a giant becoming aware of an ant.
>Not even a full second has passed, yet your limbs won't listen to you, your blood has frozen and it is as if the entire world has gone silent. Or at least what is still left of the world.
>You, who have always been simultaneously aware of everyone, used to seeing the world from a billion eyes at once and feeling the heartbeats of every living being, are now unable to feel your own heart and the only gaze you feel is the one of the abyss staring at you from the other side of skull-like face behind the void shield. Somehow, the mask resembles a man more than the thing behind it.
>The giant turns its cannon away from you, but strangely that still gives you no relief.

>The last thing you see is a giant palm rising in your direction
>>
So what actually happens in ordo sinister, and is it worth getting?
>>
>>51939431
Considering it will do .148 pens per turn, meaning you'll need to have about half the warlords cost in sicarians, I feel like the warlord is in a pretty safe position.
>>
>>51940082
depends on the legion and the buffs in play. certain consuls can up that chance significantly. even 2 sicaran venators with buffs have a markedly increased chance to pen
>>
>>51940312
I suppose so, but even if it pens on 4+, it still going to require 3 of them to reliably get it. And with 36" range, turn 2 is when your going to be most likely to be able to shoot the warlord, and by that point if it hasn't wiped out a few of them then the warlord deserves to die.

There's a chance that it can happen, but I wouldn't say it's reliable.
>>
>>51938890

The burning of Prospero, with the tangled lore before and after, is the 30K/40K equivalent of Rashomon.
>>
Custodes are shown to use Stormbirds, but why don't we have the option to upgrade them to BS5 or at least have them in our book?
>>
>>51940507
Because fuck you, that's why.
>>
>>51938856
at least one of the two is hinted to have had something catastrophic happen to its gene-seed.
>>
File: [REDACTED].png (490KB, 696x443px) Image search: [Google]
[REDACTED].png
490KB, 696x443px
>>51940662
Yeah, [REDACTED] withered and the project was a failure, while [REDACTED] was [RECORDS EXPUGNED] because of the Rangdan.
>>
>>51940761
To be fair, not every instance of [REDACTED] is related to the missing legions. Stuff like time travel, pre-Heresy run-ins with daemons, Men of Iron sentient super weapons, and one-off freaks like half-Eldar could all be hidden under a [REDACTED] label.
>>
File: This account is a lie.png (2MB, 1063x1440px) Image search: [Google]
This account is a lie.png
2MB, 1063x1440px
>>51940818
No, that only means one (both?) of the Lost Primarchs was a half-eldar that time traveled to the Men of Iron era and had a run-in with daemons.
Hey, it wouldn't be the first time a scenario like that happened :^)
>>
File: 1481347925125.jpg (245KB, 976x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481347925125.jpg
245KB, 976x600px
>found a group of 40k players after 5 years with a solid core of 30k
>they are totally cool with chinaman
>i have a proper reason to push myself to finish my night lords
>i might even have a second Calth box in the future for first cheap for helping out a different LGS
>mfw

I-I think it's happening, guys.
>>
>>51941121
>NL
>BaC
>recasts

Great.
>>
>>51941121

I'm not sure where the problem is.
>>
>>51941151
See
>>51941186
>>
>>51941121
Taylor?
>>
>>51941202
Negative
>>
File: War_in_the_Webway.jpg (168KB, 625x960px) Image search: [Google]
War_in_the_Webway.jpg
168KB, 625x960px
Tempted to get a Primus Redoubt.

Are they worth it?
>>
>>51941151
>>51941186
>>51941196
>awesomest legion
>cheap resin
>better plastic Mk IV helmets and legs

Great!
>>
File: IMG_20170227_200840_01.jpg (682KB, 2535x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170227_200840_01.jpg
682KB, 2535x2432px
Angry Libby got his face painted today
>>
File: IMG_20170227_202237_01.jpg (755KB, 1994x2604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170227_202237_01.jpg
755KB, 1994x2604px
>>51941283
angry head meets angry body
>>
>>51938080
Well, Mr. Baneblade and Mr. Shadowsword beat them to the punch. Should've been born earlier.
>>
File: IMG_8929.jpg (36KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8929.jpg
36KB, 480x360px
How worth is it to pick up the dual bundle of Calth and Prosperous for someone wanting to start 30k but also use the models in 40k?

That's like 10 Terminators, 60 Marines, 2 HQ's, 1 Dread, 5 SOS, and 5 Custodes. Also a SW and TS.

That decent?
>>
How do you guys make Hetaeron and paragon spear distinguished from normal custodian and guardian spear?
>>
>>51934485
The Chapters are IN the Grand Companies.
>>
File: IMG_8930.jpg (53KB, 250x538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8930.jpg
53KB, 250x538px
>>51941859
I just leave them as and sometimes paint their little laurels different colors. Green, red, purple, white, etc.
>>
>>51941852
SoS and Custodes are both kinda useless as single little units, plus just kinda dumb and weird to take most of the time. SW and TS are useless unless you do some conversions/are playing one of those legions or a mixed shattered legion.
>>
>>51941926
So what if I combined both sets to play IF, UM, DA, or Sallies? Would those work?
>>
>>51941979
2 Prospero HQs still useless, SoS and Custodes still mostly useless.
>>
>>51938890

The main problem (after Magnus accidentally did the thing) is that Magnus didn't return Russ' phone calls and completely forgot about his responsibility to his planet. If Magnus just acted like a responsible parent and said

>my children, my friends, my battle brothers, your Primarch did something very bad and now he has to answer for what he did. I'm going to meet the Emperor and the rest of you are going to stay here and be good little Loyalists while I'm gone. I don't know how long I will be away, but whatever happens remember that you serve humankind.

then history would have gone differently.
>>
>>51942037
Actually happen to play custodians and sisters in my talons of the emperor.

They would just end up going to the army instead, while the others would be used to make legionnaires
>>
>>51941926

Honestly, you're supposed to trade the units you want and don't want with other friends who also bought the Prospero box.
>>
>>51941979
you'll be fine, at worst leave the custodes and sisters on sprue and sell them off to someone else at your local who wants them. any of the box characters can be made into usable HQs with enough conversion work, even the prospero ones.
>>
>>51934627
No, mainly because battlefleet solar could threaten to planet bust mars in hours. Suddenly the mechanicum is a bunch of isolated forges. If mars falls to a legion assault likely led by the emperor himself, most of the forges would surrender. Not to mention that some would stay with the imperium (ave omnissiah)
>>
>>51942780
I disagree. Mars might be little threat on its own, but coordinated forge worldspace would be a major threat.
>>
At what points level would a Karybdis be worth considering? Part of me really wants to get one, so I can vomit out a 20man NL tac blob on T2 or maybe some Tarts for a similar effect.
>>
>>51937969
>Had the strictest intake screening; only recruited from the most politically and genetically stable, loyal and culturally sophisticated regions of Terra, then further sifted for specific types of recruits, often by the Emperor himself.

Undoubtedly the most patrician Legion.
>>
>>51943002

Its HH, the game that only neckbeards with hundreds of dollars in expendable income play. If you want it, just get it.
>>
>>51943125
>implying 75% of you aren't just recast buying poorfags and bargain eBay plastic box set/40k plastic users

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
>>
>>51938445
IW best ally!
>>
>>51943140

>equating plastic players to chink buyers

Come on now, its not even healthy to work with resinshit.
>>
>>51943125

Yea, but I've never bought anything of that magnitude before as a single model.

>>51943140
Guilty. I have both HH boxes and plan on getting another Calth and another set of Tarts. The MKIV plastics are awesome. Hell, I love the MkIIIs as well, but I think the NL look better in the IV armor.
>>
>>51943173
>Hell, I love the MkIIIs as well, but I think the NL look better in the IV armor.
Agreed.

How do you paint your Night Lords blue?
>>
>>51943145

Would you believe me if I told you there were recastfags who buy resin recasts of plastic models?
>>
>>51943173

Plastic Mk IV compared to resin have exactly what I look for in women: Nicer looking faces and thick thighs.

>plastic Mk II and V when GW
>>
>>51943226

I believe you. I also don't mind if I can get them for cheap on eBay.
>>
File: 1338393864345.png (38KB, 318x470px) Image search: [Google]
1338393864345.png
38KB, 318x470px
Radio free isstvan was good for a laugh.

"I just don't get it, there is a lot about this book 7 shit I just don't understand" << in reference to rules design
>>
File: IMG_20170213_072214.jpg (76KB, 797x452px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170213_072214.jpg
76KB, 797x452px
>>51943217

I should probably stop posting this pic, but here it is.

I mostly follow Duncan's guide. Prime black, Kantor base, followed by Alaitoc and Hoeth blues. There's so some Reaper Ocean and Glacier blues as well, and if course Nuln Oil for shading.

>>51943239

For me, it's the studs and the shape of the helmet that do it.
>>
>>51943342
>studs

THOSE AREN'T STANDARD ISSUE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51943350

>implying NL care about standard issue
>>
>>51943287
I'm slightly worried that Angelus is going to make my army a bit overpowered.
>>
>>51943350

Things stopped being standard issue when the Dark Angels tore their assholes apart
>>
>>51943367
>I'm hoping and looking forward to Angelus making my army oveprowered

Yeah sure buddy
>>
>>51943378
Nah nigga, I'm in a good spot right now.
>>
>>51943367

Your (Blood Angels?) army is already one of the strongest and easiest to assemble. Grab everything that can mount assault cannons and just fucking go.
>>
>>51943388
>hurr i'm gonna play megadakka
dont fucking do that
its retarded and defeats the purpose of the army
>>
>>51943397

megaflamers then?
>>
>>51943397

That's like telling WE players not to spam chainaxes or inductii
>>
>>51943388
I expect the asscannon memes to get toned down.
>>
>>51943436
get fucking choppy anon
take a couple predators with a bunch of assault cannons or something but your primary focus should be melee
>>51943442
after WE, BA are THE melee legion
sitting back and just pouring shots out with assault cannons that are supposed to be experimental yet every dude has one is fucking stupid and goes against the point of the army
>>
>>51943455

Toned down? Judging by the special goodies TS got, Blood Angels will get a Forgeworld special dakkanought.

>>51943467

I don't expect much choppy. Blood Angels only became choppy out of suicidal fervor over the death of Sanguinius, who still holds the Materium Record for Greatest Marathon Chopper To Have Ever Lived.
>>
>>51943481
>i dont expect much choppy
>their LA are geared entirely towards melee
>retards somehow think that access to inordinate numbers of asscans somehow invalidates that
what the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>51943481
>Blood Angels will get a Forgeworld special dakkanought.
>it's just a giant assault cannon with legs and assault cannon arms
>>
>>51943503

One Legion snow flake unit does not a choppy make. Otherwise, TS would be one of the choppiest to have ever lived. What the legion rules are tailored towards is aggressive play. Expect combined arms, tactical flexibility, and point blank aggressiveness out the ass.
>>
>>51943519

>its a statue of Michelangelo with a mega assault cannon for a dick
>>
When bending forgeworld resin to make stuff like the autocannon ammo-belts fit, what do you use as a heat source? I don't want to fuck up the resin
>>
>>51943553
boiling water usually
>>
>>51943521

I'd argue that NL are more choppy if they're ganging up on you
>>
>>51943553
water that's about 160-170 degrees F

the reason for water over a directed source like a hair dryer is because the heat from the water penetrates to the core and will allow the full structure of the part to bend and be locked in place, minimizing internal stresses.
>>
File: 1445215691784.jpg (23KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1445215691784.jpg
23KB, 429x410px
Are Sisters of Silence worth it? Thinking of taking a Prosecutor Cadre of 10 with Bolters, their Kharon Pattern Acquistor, and an Oblivion Knight-Centura with a Paragon Blade and Plasma Pistol.

This is supplement my Custodes, but they seem ok? I'm not sure what to think of them yet.
>>
Can someone who has the book tell me about the 'Black Iron Cores' of the Legio Xestobiax? They sound like something similar to the Psi-Automata.
>>
>>51936405
>goes rock climbing
>plays best legion
are you me?
>>
>>51943521
>the only benefit to the BA rule is +1 to wound
>aside from asscans they get pistols and an OP sword as gear
>their rites of war are a) loose scoring but get FNP and stubborn and b) turn one armywide guaranteed deepstrike
Yeah, real shooty.
>>
>>51943940
> best legion
> not Death Guard
Anon are you even trying?
>>
>>51939966
Check a thread or two back, Scanon actually posted a mediafire link, the madman.
>>
>>51943940
If anything this solidifies the Smurfs as the normalfag legion.
>>
>>51943911

I'm kinda interested, too. However, I don't think I could do it it because the only plastic available is from BoP and only 5 models at that. Unlike my army, I can't skimp buy in swathes of 30 plastic Marines with extras dudes.
>>
>>51943950

And all it took was to guilt-trip him with the fact that he didn't get his copy of Inferno already. I think we should continue this. Scanon would probably even get Virtues of the Sons/Sins of the Father for that one guy who's always begging for them if we keep at it.
>>
File: 1341314116257.jpg (22KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1341314116257.jpg
22KB, 400x400px
>>51943968
>scanon
>audiobook

>pic
>>
File: IMG_20170228_003032.jpg (449KB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170228_003032.jpg
449KB, 1512x2016px
>>51943442
my WIP Eaters only have 15 inductii at 2500 and that's okay
>>
Stupid question but has the Iron Hands been touched on in any fashion? Or are we still just known for dying to pretty boy?
>>
>>51943963
I just eBay mine. I'm planning to run 50 of them and it's much easier when you use eBay. The second their FW stuff comes out in buying Chinacast versions.

You'll save so much. 10 SOS with full options is $42 on eBay.
>>
>want to paint that black Custodes scheme
>don't want to buy or field Custodes
>>
File: Page75.jpg (1MB, 2618x3544px) Image search: [Google]
Page75.jpg
1MB, 2618x3544px
>>51944013

They're heavily detailed in no less than two books, Massacre and Retribution.
>>
>>51943947
The only DA benefit it 3+ to hit with a sword when equal WS.

And yet everything else points towards shoty.
>>
File: Page118.jpg (2MB, 2709x3624px) Image search: [Google]
Page118.jpg
2MB, 2709x3624px
>>51944028
>>
>>51944028
Thanks for the heads up mate. I got digging to do then
>>
>>51944016

That's what I was thinking too. No one uses them, so ebay should be cheap. I thought it would be cool to grab some to support my 40k sisters even if they'd likely hate each other.
>>
File: Page26.jpg (2MB, 2687x3602px) Image search: [Google]
Page26.jpg
2MB, 2687x3602px
>>51944075

Iron Hands have been lavished by FW, more than any other Legion to be honest. They have a mountain of stuff. There's Autek Mor and his Tactical Assaut Moon for one, probably one of the best bits of fluff FW has come up with.
>>
>>51944088

They have their own fucking tactical squad kit.
>>
>>51944088
Never thought I'd say it but thanks FW.
>>
>>51936838
I don't think it's about shaking, more humidity and cold. If it's cold out, warm the can in hot water for 10+ minutes. And spray closer in. The particles are drying before reaching the mini.
>>
After reading about other Legions, I'm really not sure should I sell my unpainted Reavers, Justaerins, LW decals and brass shits on ebay or not. Damn IH IF TS AL.
>>
>>51936838
I've got much the same problem with all my sprays, after asking around the local community it's a factor of many things though mainly temperature and humidity.
If it's coming out grainy, it's because your paints are drying before they reach the mini. Put the can closer to the models and try to spray only on days when the wind isn't too strong and it's not rained recently.
>>
>>51943002
It don't think it's unusual to see one at 2000 points. Just get it, you'll use it sooner or later. They're great.
>>
File: Page159.jpg (1MB, 2618x3556px) Image search: [Google]
Page159.jpg
1MB, 2618x3556px
>>51943968
>Virtues of the Sons/Sins of the Father
40k general OP links, it's surely there. Or the audiobookbay, I'm not uploading to that guy only because he's retarded.
Also I'm no longer certain you'll be getting those Inferno scans after all.

>>51944013
>>51944028
>>51944043
That guy from book 4 gives me a hardon, I can't pinpoint exactly why.
pic
Meduson anthology is almost entirely about the Iron Hands.
Then there's Riven, Angel Exterminatus as a side-plot, and the Seventh Serpent.

>>51944033
I consider it a deterrent against assaults in shooty lists. But other wings should give us the much desired melee stuff.
Still, they are mainly a generalist combined-arms legion even though they sleep with their swords.

>>51944121
>>51944144
I sprayed inside where it wasn't cold, about 15 Celsius, so no wind and normal humidity. I could give that hot water trick a shot, I've already read about it so I paid attention to the can's warmth, it was cold in my hand.
>>
>>51944165
>Also I'm no longer certain you'll be getting those Inferno scans after all.

Why is that? We haven't been let down before.
>>
>>51944165
>it was cold in my hand.

It should at least be warm just from your hand's body heat. You didn't shake it and manhandle it nearly enough if it was still cold.
>>
>>51944158

Well, I'd probably be ordering chinaman, and that kinda worries me. It's still expensive, and it has tons of fiddly bits, moreso than a Dreadclaw, which already has a lot of fiddly bits.

I don't think I would be able to bring myself to order for from FW because it's $200 and still doesn't ensure perfect quality.
>>
>>51944254
If you use Z or Alpharius from Reddit you'll end up with really good quality pieces.
>>
>>51944283

I've come to the conclusion that I'm too retarded to chase down rogue emails, even Z, which is why I went with the one that I did. However, I have heard that Z has been really good lately.
>>
>>51944254
FW more or less does ensure quality, since they'll replace parts or even the entire kit as needed. Which usually ends up with one 'good' build and it's retarded little brother for a second long term build.
>>
>>51944361

While that's true, it's still hard for me to bring myself to purchase a $200 model (before shipping) that isn't really that great in terms of rules. Cool, yes, and potentially fun with the horde of Batmans. A whole $200, though? I start to question its worth. Hell, even $100 is a stretch. I'm just cheap I guess.
>>
>>51944424
honestly with the expense of FW stuff and the ups and downs of rules over editions, it's a good idea to go back to the maxim that always was good advice when you first started the hobby: Build and paint what you enjoy, because you'll have fun with your hobby regardless. (unless an orks-tier shitdumpster happens, but that's rare)
>>
>background fluff
>precognition can predict actions of millions of people and entire campaigns years in advance
>actual story
>never gets anything right and everyone gives people who use it shit on being reliant on it
>>
GW plastic devastator weapons on MK IV bodies/legs, y/n?

mostly asking since I prefer the GW plasma/lascannon look.
>>
>>51944033

The only thing that's shooty for BA is their access to assault cannons (and it's not really as OP as is often made out, they still have to pay 15 points apiece for them, plus the cost of the heavy flamer they replace). Every single one of the other rules they have points towards melee and close assault, be it the +1 to wound, the double wounding sword, the fact that they can't take more vehicles than infantry, that they get inferno pistols and hand flamers, or that their good RoW limits you to jump pack HQs with assault marines as your only troops and gives you T1 deep strike and +1I.
>>
>>51944181
We haven't, but some gratitude would have been preferable over that anon's shit-talk.

>>51944186
Could be, I can't say I haven't tried, but can't say I did my best either.

>>51944361
Or, in that Mastodon-anon's case, with a bretty good piece of terrain.

>>51944563
I don't like them, but we've already seen things that shouldn't be, such as Chymeriae and Psi-Titans, so go for it.
>>
Well, I've finally found a reasonably affordable way of getting Titan Guard now I can use the Vanguard models. Want to do the armour like Duncan's Sisters of Silence armour, wondering whether to go with black robes or Malinax bone.

Do they need Triaros transports that badly? Planning on 2x20 Peltasts and 12 Hoplites using the Arvus drop trick, because I'm evil and I find that I play Spartan deathstars far too much.
>>
>>51944254
>$200
>expensive
>r-r-recasts aren't f-for poorfags guys!

This is like two days of work, for people with shitty jobs.
>>
>>51944634
>Two days of work 200$
Where do you live anon?
>>
>>51944634

I have a steady job, live in my own apartment, own a car, pay my own insurance, pay my own bills, ect and yes, $200 for a single model is a lot of money.

>>51944453

Oh, I agree. Honestly, I don't have a problem with getting a few things that add up to $200 because it's more substantial. It's just spending so much on one thing that trigger buyers remorse before I even buy it.
>>
>>51937555
>(interrogators)
How can a mute interrogate someone and coordinate units in battle? Does new fluff elaborate on that?
>>
So a question that's been bugging me, maybe you can help /hhg/

my primary legion is Raven Guard, and after thinking on it a while decided to go mechanicum allies, which I'm fluffing as being from the Kiavahr mechanicum/tech-guilds instead of legion-bonded or true mechanicus.

the real trouble comes in the paintscheme, as I want it to look cohesive with RG colors but still recognizable. My initial thought was a dark grey type of scheme, but I'm not sure if that would just look bland or too close to black.
>>
>>51944808
dark gray with orange, gray for caws, orange for industrial overtones. meat gets more gray, boops get more orange.
>>
>>51944591
>We haven't, but some gratitude would have been preferable over that anon's shit-talk.
Scan anon, I'd be happy with whatever you want to give us and I greatly appreciate all you have done so far but praise for you massively outweighs any criticism. Every single time you post there are a bunch of people thanking you and stuff, to shut it all down over one guy being a dick is petty.
>>
>>51944736
they give them an etch-a-sketch
>>
File: IMAG0003.jpg (223KB, 1408x2460px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0003.jpg
223KB, 1408x2460px
>>51943968

If people want Virtues of the Sons, I can provide, though I'm pretty sure that there's already copies out there.

And I haven't posted in this thread before now, so anyone else was a faker. I do deserve criticism though, no-one should be above it. For one, Retribution was a terrible scan and I'm going to try and work hard to make sure Inferno isn't that 'quality'.
>>
>>51945091
>though I'm pretty sure that there's already copies out there.
There are. Which is why the guy who asked in a dozen threads went from being annoying to amusing to suspected of being either a stupendous retard or someone at college doing a modern art project.
>>
>>51945091
There's a difference between actual criticism and just shit talking though. For free scans that you have cut up your book for everything you have provided has been good quality.
>>
>>51945091
As long as it is barely readable you already have my eternal gratitude dude.
>>
>>51945182
You do know it's in the War Without End anthology, which can be found in the OP links, right?
>>
>>51945224
Meant scans in general. Good scans are great ofcourse, but that people actually put in effort to share books with us ungratefull bastards in the first place is amazing enough aready.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 355x571px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 355x571px
The Scars are going to be in book 10 or 9?
>>
>>51945375
Book 10 will be a book solely about Knight Heads.
>>
File: image.png (551KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
551KB, 600x620px
>>51945502
I'd honestly believe that.
>>
>>51945375
But for real, a FW Book that basically fleshes out the Scars BL series would be perfect.
They could even easily revisit EC and DG to show their more 'Chaosified' nature now.
>>
>>51945010
I'm not scanon.
>>
>>51945569
That's what I'm counting on. At the most I expect a completely different characterization that will be of equal or greater quality than BL's.
>>
>>51945649
I hope they go to Wraight for input.
Scars was hands down the best BL Horus Heresy arc.
They really fleshed them out with going full retard, like some of the legions...
>>
File: Emprah's deadly new toys.jpg (57KB, 210x969px) Image search: [Google]
Emprah's deadly new toys.jpg
57KB, 210x969px
>>51938761
>>51938842
This is the sort of shit I'm really liking about the Unification/Crusade/Heresy era of warfare - where even on the loyalist side the forces are dark and macabre, though there's so many forces for the "using monsters of your own to fight the horrors of old night" aesthetic

Every legion has their Destroyers and Mortariats.
You've got the black-armoured knights of the Dreadwing, killing with the weapons of old terra - bio-acid, stasis weapons and rad grenades.
There's the death-touched grey-clad executioners of the Space Wolves' Deathsworn, who hunt with terrible weapons of time distortion, led by poison-toting priests to remember horrors that have to be mind-scrubbed
The bone painted, bloody-handed Death Guard, poison the land with the copious bioweapons, alchem-munitions and phosphex that their poison ships bring to every theatre
You've got the grim Iron Hands, turning themselves into literal war machines that fight beyond the grip of death itself
The admech are great for this, with their arcane rad-engines, undead thralls, mutilated shock troopers and bestial automata
Even the Solar Auxilia have Charonite Ogryns, their creation process so brutal and unstable even the admech proscribed it.
There's the Blackshield Chymeriae, who are great for representing gene-crafted abominations and the last of the Thunder Warriors
And the militia/cults list has all sorts - cybernetically enhanced, gene-crafted, tainted, abhumen, psychic horrors, etc., etc.

And now the Sisters and Psi-titans join their ranks, horrific null warriors and abominations that should not be too.
>>
>>51946153
The best part about GrimDark has ever been that even the 'good guys' (have to) do horrible things. No black or white, only shades of grey
>>
>>51946153
And yet from an Imperial propaganda perspective, you also have the opposite. The noble warriors who quests to bring peace, stability and enlightenment to the darkness of Old Night. Entities like the Crusader Host, the Remembrancers League, the Emperor's Children, Ultramarines, the Blood Angels, the Imperial Fists, the Adeptus Custodes, the Titan Legions, and even Horus himself.
>>
File: poorfag-ruins-everything.jpg (493KB, 1280x774px) Image search: [Google]
poorfag-ruins-everything.jpg
493KB, 1280x774px
Tabard or no tabard?
>>
>>51945631
Neither am I, what's your point?
>>
>>51946435
Depends on the legion. Assuming it is suppose to be a Son of Horus by the topknot, with tabard.
>>
>>51946435
It might just be the angle, but with tabard looks like he's shitting them out.
I'd say take it off, but then the only real HH thing about him is the topknot, which looks fucking retarded on that armour.

Which is the problem of being a poorfag I suppose, your stuff will always look shittier.

Just model him the way that makes you feel happiest when you look at him. Topknot and tabard is a fashion choice for only a few legions anyway.
>>
>>51946448
I'm not Alpharius
>>
File: EC_pre-heresy_terminators.jpg (104KB, 799x389px) Image search: [Google]
EC_pre-heresy_terminators.jpg
104KB, 799x389px
>>51946450
No, the worst wolves.

Top knots are just a nod to the old days when just about all HH era terminators had them.
>>
>>51937893
>>51937430
Both are already taken by the swag sons
>>
>>51946459
>poorfag

How much is one FW terminator with weapons and stuff?
>>
>>51946435
no tabard
indomitus is best when it's relatively unadorned

Also I know you're a poorfag, but see if you can't get some of the deathwing terminator helmets on ebay or from a bits site. They are SIGNIFICANTLY nicer.
>>
File: warhound best pattern.jpg (151KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
warhound best pattern.jpg
151KB, 800x800px
Best warhound pattern when?
>>
>>51946525
1 FW Tartaros terminator with combi-bolter and fist: $7.80
1 GW Indomitus terminator with bolter and fist: $10
>>
>>51946824
>dollars

ew
>>
>>51946546
Only major difference is the grills on the mask (excluding all the DA swords and wings on the forehead). But yeah, I got some of those heads. Just took a random head to do a mock-up. Just need to get ones with optics for RAC dudes and the sergeant.

>>51946824
By a rough estimate from memory, not counting bits that I had taken from spare bits from other kits (CSM top knots, orc choppas), I'm probably looking at £10 per terminator.
>>
>>51946917
they're also stubbier

I find the proportions work just a little better, and really wish they'd get on with updating the basic imperial/chaos boxes.
>>
>>51943375
The DA didnt come off that fight without a few scratches themselves tho.
>>
>>51938080
Malcadors are faster and carry twice as many battlecannons, which they can fire on the go. It's not his fault Horus fucked up the supply chain and left them without adequate machine pool support.

>>51937293
Forge World? You want Skip Hire.
>>
>>51947101
Haven't noticed that. Have to take a more side to side comparison between the two.
>>
>>51947212
Even before the Heresy the Malcador was moved to second tier Army units in favor of the more versatile Russ. HH saw some moved to the front lines to meet the demand and others were converted to platforms for new weapons systems because they already had the hulls, so why not use them.
>>
>>51947231
It's slight, but I find the easiest way to notice it is the little rectangular bit on the nose. The generic plastic terminators have a longer "nose", while the DA/BA ones are more compact.
>>
File: 20170228_175721.jpg (582KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
20170228_175721.jpg
582KB, 1306x980px
Here we go again..
>>
>>51946824
>b-but muh poorfag.
>It's still not resin, so it shows your lack of commitment to the hobby.
>>
>>51947430
You're a mad mean HOBBY MACHINE
>>
>the russian facebook community just copypastas /hhg/ content and shit they find on deviantart

shit is hilarious when you read it using google translate
>>
Anyone have decent teaser scans from Inferno yet?
>>
>>51947457
I don't who you think you're arguing with, people were calling him poorfag because of the filename of his image.
>>
>>51946800
What is that pattern? I feel like I should know it, and if I ever go through with my crazy Biologis Warhound plan it'll help to have a rounded back and a place I can put the literal spine. Got a WhaleStormbird and a proper Genetor army to do first though, and bones can wait.
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 768x1024px
>>51947733
I'm curious. What do they post?
>>
>>51935777
God, why is the arvus lighter such an ugly piece of shit
>>
>>51947866
it's a cargo freighter, of course it's an ugly little shit
>>
>>51946153
I like your comment very much, even the wolf part. +1
>>
File: YT1300-CHRON.jpg (125KB, 1024x386px) Image search: [Google]
YT1300-CHRON.jpg
125KB, 1024x386px
>>51947891
Say that to my face and not online and see what happens.
>>
>>51947972
the aluminium mallard is an ugly little shit

fite me
>>
>>51947972
>Cargo freighters can look nice
>Posts assymetric ship
A literal metal box would be better.
>>
>>51947863
They just copy posts and jokes from here and then have conversations pretending that they came up with them. That's funny itself but the real hilarity is what google translate does to the banter.
>>
>>51948056
Got a link? I need to see this.
>>
>>51947866
I don't know, I find it rather cute in a way. Not in any way worth the price, though. If I ever get one to throw Hoplites out of it's recasts or scratchbuild for me.
>>
>>51948056
I don't know. There are several pages that literally copy and paste entire TG threads.
Vicky forums or something like that. Wouldn't it be one of those pages?
>>
>>51948056
>>51948068
This.
>>
>>51948075
That'd be a war crime -> >>51935777 :^(
>>
>>51947972
What a piece of junk.
>>
>>51948075
Just get a rhino and stick some plasticard over the tracks and build it some itty bitty wings.
>>
>>51947751
No, we are still waiting on any concrete information from it. Nobody knows yet what the rules are, and we most certainly haven't had discussions about them.
>>
>>51947751
>>51948187
And there's especially nothing right there in the fucking OP, like just THERE for the taking, nothing whatsoever.
>>
>>51948096
Yep, that's my cheesy unit for big games where I need mobility and against that Double Spartan UM player. Need something to tell the SuzyStars to fuck right off, so them and a Lightning is plenty for 3k. Also, I kind of like the idea of Skitarii failing at being OPERATOR because they still have sallet helms, shields and spears. Rest of my army is capped arty and Myrmidons at 0-1 squad each, no Vulturax and one Macrocarid or Triaros, so I try to be nice.

>>51948170

Something similar, although I kind of want to make some kind of special Mechanicum one. I'll see if I can come up with something.
>>
File: Unbenannt-1.jpg (75KB, 464x400px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt-1.jpg
75KB, 464x400px
Any news on the kind transfer delievering anon?
>>
File: 1454185356667.jpg (56KB, 500x515px) Image search: [Google]
1454185356667.jpg
56KB, 500x515px
>>51947583
Thank you. I have a long road to go still.
>>
>>51948389
what the hell is the problem freehanding this basic fucking symbol or making a stencil?
>>
>>51947430
You've finished more Death Guard over the last month than I have since Christmas.

Mother. Fucker.
>>
>>51948256

I had the list linked in the OP, I was hoping for art and fluff since the GW shipping department doesn't have my hard copy to me yet.

But yes, all hail the Scananon.
>>
>>51948741
Look at yesterday's threads in the archive.
>>
File: heyyyy.jpg (51KB, 450x465px) Image search: [Google]
heyyyy.jpg
51KB, 450x465px
>>51947801
it's the Mars-pattern, just like this is the Mars-pattern Warlord
>>
>>51948919
Best Warlord, of the best Titan Legion.
>>
>>51948843

Wilco, once not on my phone.
>>
>>51949022
>best titan legion
>not legio ignatum
Your bait is weak.
>>
So Iron Hands paint scheme is basically:
>black undercoat
>metallic basecoat
>just fuck my shit up with various shades and washes until it's near black
>metallic trim
>blue/red lenses
right?
>>
>>51949173
Yeah sounds good
>>
>>51949173
Remove the heads from your models and you're done.
>>
>>51949173
Pretty much.

>Basecoat Chaos Black
>make a mix of 1 part leadbelcher to two parts abandon black, with water/Lahmian Medium to thin out
>recess shade of Agrax Earthshade and Biel-Tan Green to taste
>silver on all silver parts
>occasional red or grey on pauldrons looks cool too
>sharp highlights get stormhost silver
>just necron compound all the rest

And that's all you need. For eyes I recommend white w/ guilliman blue on top, as the soul stone stuff looks really dark.
>>
Thoughts on a sisters allied det? Less cheese than custodes and more fluffy too since we have an actual fluff occasion of sisters accompanying an Astartes strike force. Other than shutting down psykers they don't do anything a consul and some vets wouldn't accomplish.
>>
>>51948661
I need to keep the pace, if I stop it's very hard to start again for a long time.
>>
File: 22fd2ff2bd3804570991773908cb686a.jpg (211KB, 924x1200px) Image search: [Google]
22fd2ff2bd3804570991773908cb686a.jpg
211KB, 924x1200px
>>51949438
Super fluffy for a DG force, I plan to add some to my force.

Get fucked, psykers!
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1936x2592px
I've made some quick, nasty DG Destroyer conversions. A lot of the pieces aren't even cleaned properly because it's only a side project and I don't care if it fails.

My question is should I do
> traditional death guard
>scoured and blackened armour from all the alchemical and rad stuff
> something funky like green glowing from in between the cracks like they're irradiated undead.
>>
>>51949710
Considering how derpt they all look, why not try all of them? Then just see what you like and use it on an actual thing
>>
So my idea is to have 2000 points of Imperial Fists and then I can ally in 1000 points of whatever is appropriate or fluffy for the mission. With that said:

Alexis Polux

2x Apothecaries
1x Contemptor-Mortis w/ Dual-Kheres
2x Laser Destroyer Rapiers
1x 5-man Terminator Squad (1 Plasma Blaster, 2 Combi-Plasma, 1 Chainfist, 3 Power Fists)

2x 20-man Tac Squads (Sarge has AA, Melta Bombs, and a Power Fist)
1x 10-man Tac Support Squad (10 Plasma Guns)

1x Sicaran (Lascannons)
1x Whirlwind Scorpius

The Terminators can deep-strike, and Alexis Polux confers his Deep Strike to the Plasma Support Squad. Those two squads are in charge of fucking up enemy Terminators. The Sicaran, Rapiers, and Contemptor-Mortis all pull (at least part time) anti-vehicle duty. The Contemptor-Mortis provides some much-needed AA. The Scorpius' S8 AP3 pie-plates are perfect for taking out enemy infantry. The two giant blobs of marines with Apothecaries are going to foot-slog up the board or to objectives.

Thoughts?
>>
File: Glorious Emperor how horrifying.png (243KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
Glorious Emperor how horrifying.png
243KB, 280x373px
>>51949710
Nurgle. Not even once.
>>
>>51949710
>Inb4 mkIII jump packers shitshow

I vote
>scoured and blackened armour from all the alchemical and rad stuff
and
> something funky like green glowing from in between the cracks like they're irradiated undead.
>>
>>51949710
>Thiccstodes anon back at it again with his blush guard.
>>
>>51949781

some people aren't very good at painting and still want to show it to other people.

whoop de frickin doo you're on an IMAGEboard you autist.
>>
>>51949710
destroyers?
black, heavy weathering

keep it simple
>>
>>51949874
he clearly can paint well but for some reason goes way overboard with the eyes
>>
Anyone got any of the sisters of silence art? Everything I've seen so far has been heavily jpeg'd
>>
File: 1471218728481.gif (204KB, 281x260px) Image search: [Google]
1471218728481.gif
204KB, 281x260px
/hhg/? More like /dgg/
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 512x288px
Alright blackened metal it is. They'll pretty much look like this.
>>
>>51949781
>>51949925
not that anon, but has anyone considered the fact that maybe he does it like that because he wants it to be visible on the actual tabletop and not just in close ups.
>>
>>51949998
They're a majority.
>>
>>51946435
I like what you've done with the shoulderpads. Where did you get them?

The plume is a nice touch too, this'll look perfectly fine on the tabletop. Good to have variety too.

Is he from the Sons of Horus?

Oh, and to answer the question, I think it might actually work with the tabard, depending on the legion. (SoH yes). You'll have to judge for yourself if it fits a model it wasn't designed well enough for your taste though.
>>
>>51950430
Master Crafted Miniatures:
https://mastercrafted.co.uk/product-category/infantry-components/shoulder-pads/large/
>>
>>51950653
Thanks.
I saw you were EC instead of SoH.
I'd say if "old-school" is the look you're going for, tabards would probably be a good idea if they fit well and you like the look of them.
>>
>>51950199
They and the IW
>>
File: image.jpg (237KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237KB, 768x1024px
>>51949925
Well I game with my death guard, but I don't with the diorama and other displays.

Hence why I dial it back like pic related (which I admit is still bright)
>>
>>51950716
No, I'm SW. That image is just an example of 30k terminators with top knots.
>>
>>51950815
Oh, if it's wolves, I'd say go wild (pun not intended). Though I would say uniformity is probably against the Wolf aesthetic, and not every model should have a tabard, or at least a plain tabard unadorned with extra "totems" and animal pelts.

I'm not an expert on SW kits, but why did you pick plain Indomitus rather than go for the Wolves terminator kit?
>>
>>51950875
I wanted to make SW the Legion, not SW the Chapter. Something like a late Roman legion with all the Imperial stuff but mixed with early medieval and Celtic designs mixed in. Like they're an army raised from the periphery of the empire, led by veterans and officers from the heart of Rome.
>>
>>51951088
Interesting take.
Yours are the guys left over from before they found Russ and the magic planet?
>>
>>51949990
There's 2 colour plates of the same image and some of the usual photoshopped model shots that you haven't seen. Don't expect a lot of Sisters in Inferno.
>>
>>51938086
Are you German?
>>
>>51951118
Something like that.
>>
>>51951088
Cool, but animal bones and some pelts are surely fair game?
>>
>>51947972
Stat this ship.
>>
>>51951311
4+ cover save to models standing on top of it.
>>
File: gay-slayers.jpg (940KB, 1280x1626px) Image search: [Google]
gay-slayers.jpg
940KB, 1280x1626px
>>51951277
I'm sure once I get to Deathsworn and my Caster of Runes, the wolf will go off the rails. For the most part it'll be limited to some equipment and paintjob, once I get that far.
>>
File: IMG_20170228_141823.jpg (272KB, 1080x1593px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170228_141823.jpg
272KB, 1080x1593px
>>51949710
T H I C C
>>
>>51949781
You say it like it was a bad thing :^)
>>
>>51951450
CLEAN YOUR MODELS
>>
>>51951088
Like what your take us, but personally I think the whole "savage Roman" thing is more Luna Wolves, but never the less I hope your models turn out great
>>
File: 1484431010460.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1484431010460.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>51949998
>>51950199
>>51950732
IW, DG and AL are my favorite legions, as well as Reductors, and also seem to be many other people's favorites too.

If I was an adjusted person I'd like the IF, Um and DA, but then I wouldn't be here :^)
>>
>>51951545
which legion would Tomoko play
>>
File: 1485459560263.jpg (43KB, 552x573px) Image search: [Google]
1485459560263.jpg
43KB, 552x573px
>>51951245
Nah. But I do function in a "find the most destructive shit and work around that" way.
Also,
New
Thread
Plox
>>
>>51951565
She's not edgy enough for the NL, so maybe DG or RG?
>>
>>51951565
>smelly neet

definitely DG
>>
File: 1486832510480.gif (610KB, 360x301px) Image search: [Google]
1486832510480.gif
610KB, 360x301px
>>51934444
>Tfw no one claimed IVth IVths for the IVth.
>>
>>51951439
Nice SoH Despoiler squad.
>>
>>51934444
New bread
>>51951688
>>
>>51951545
>adjusted
>DA
>>
>>51951565
>play
Play is something you do with other people.

Tomoko just shitposts on the internet about her legion.
Thread posts: 372
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.