[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

...Identity Spoofed ...Encryption Keys Generated ...Connecte

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 67

File: 1465218031769.jpg (96KB, 440x771px) Image search: [Google]
1465218031769.jpg
96KB, 440x771px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51693991
>SMK:_Food_of_Today.trid
>Restaurant_Test_Monthly.sim
>Stuffer_Shack_Weekly.zdf
>Synthohol_Health_Risk.news

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1013 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, we have some of our home-grown veggies. Wanna come over?'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Kobe_Beef_Steak.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Food edition
What does your runner chew? Does he take the cost effective Soy-Paste? Or does he go all out with REAL fruits and veggies?
>>
>What does your runner chew? Does he take the cost effective Soy-Paste? Or does he go all out with REAL fruits and veggies?
A quote from the first session I played my farm-born Az-Am war veteran streetsam:
>"I miss fresh fruit."
And the GM's response:
>"Everyone's been missing fresh fruit."
>>
File: 1451765442050.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451765442050.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>1 liter of water = 5 soyburgers (basic)
>>
>>51714287
You think water purification is cheap in the sixth world?
>>
File: 2AnNcxq.gif (500KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
2AnNcxq.gif
500KB, 500x375px
My current decker's a junk-food fiend, and mystifies his teammates by having the figure of a broomstick despite eating nothing but fast food (Cram tends to help that). His current haunt is a takeout that serves kebabs made from something that Devil Rats will claw and hiss at instead of eat. Eating the large kebab with imitation-cheese-flavored naan and 'Deluxe Sauce' they serve there without gagging is used as a form of hazing by a nearby Ork go-gang.

On the plus-side, he'll always treat.
>>
>>51714446
What if he's not playing in clapistan and so gets to enjoy basic human rights even without having a SIN?
>>
>>51714287
1. Corps can charge more for water. Modern-day governments like to keep water prices low for obvious reasons which corps are not bound to. Corps might even bust people for illegal rainwater collection, even if the rain is half chemicals half acid.

2. Less drinkable water available

also >>51714304
>>
>>51714033
>>Restaurant_Test_Monthly.sim

>this triggers the line cook
>>
>>51714508
>What if he's not playing in clapistan and so gets to enjoy basic human rights even without having a SIN?
>getting to enjoy basic human rights without having a SIN
>anywhere in the civilized world
Good joke.
>>
File: 1345274598547.jpg (460KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1345274598547.jpg
460KB, 1280x1024px
>>51714508
>thinking basic human rights exist anywhere in the Sixth World

laughingdracoforms.trid

Nobody has rights anymore, the SIN is just your paper shield to keep from getting fucked over in public by some bored security.
>>
>>51714550
Basic human rights apply to everyone, even orks.
>>
>>51714511
It's an idea for a run
>We've got this restaurant we want to get a SIM of
>but they've found every guy we've sent in
>make it so that one of us is able to enter and make a SIM of eating the food
>>
>>51714562
Sure they do, just not in clapistan.
>>
>>51714033
I don't like that they made real steak and coffee affordable for the standard person to buy every now and then, rather than a true luxury item for the rich.
>>
>>51714304
LifeStraw is what? $50 and lasts you half a lifetime? Just drink rainwater.

>>51714510
>Corps might even bust people for illegal rainwater collection
Fuck.
>>
>>51714565
Stop right there, probationary citizen.
>>
>>51714593
Corps run most of the first world, not just America.
>>
>>51714565
>>51714593
You don't understand anon, EVERYWHERE is like this now. Seattle police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. London police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. New York police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Berlin police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Bejing police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Tokyo police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Toronto police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Miami police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Paris police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Sydney police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Edinborough police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Glasgow police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Ottawa police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Calgary police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. Vancouver police will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you downtown without a SIN. You get the picture?

Oh, and before I forget, corpsec will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you on corp property without a SIN.
>>
>>51714680
See, that's fine. SINless should be looked at like second-grade citizens, not human trash that's of no value whatsoever. Legit SINners have all the rights of a citizen, but that doesn't mean SINless are completely out of rights.

Let's say for example that you don't have access to healthcare or education, can't possess weapons and can't vote unless you have a SIN, but all other rights you do have, such as freedom of movement and -speech.

Unless you live in clapistan, in which case you have no rights whatsoever (basically true for modern world too)
>>
>>51714733
Nah, corps run themselves. Governments are separate.
>>
>>51714753
I haven't read a whole lot of supplementary material for locations, you got a source for the rest of the world having better human rights?
>>
>>51714787
No such thing exists, so it's entirely up to the GM.
>>
>>51714590
I thought it meant menu tests. I know several chefs who are so infatuated with their 'ability' to cook that they would force all the line cooks to follow a .sim course on how the meal should be prepared.

Test kitchens suck.
>>
>>51714738
>You get the picture?
Yes, and it's wrong.

>Oh, and before I forget, corpsec will beat you half to death and dump you in the barrens if they catch you on corp property without a SIN.
Corps can do that even to legit SINners. You know, extraterritoriality and all?
>>
File: Long Pig.jpg (119KB, 500x779px) Image search: [Google]
Long Pig.jpg
119KB, 500x779px
>>51714033
Any word on price of genuine long pork?
>>
>>51714800
>No such thing exists, so it's entirely up to the GM.
Yeah, except for all those bits in the core rulebook that explain just how shitty it is to be SINless anywhere in the world.
>>
>>51714845
>Yes, and it's wrong.
Oh, no, that's completely accurate. It's fucked up, but them's the brakes in Shadowrun.
>>
File: police_brutality.png (848KB, 852x643px) Image search: [Google]
police_brutality.png
848KB, 852x643px
>>51714508
>What if he's not playing in clapistan and so gets to enjoy basic human rights even without having a SIN?

Then he can hang out in jail cell with a belly three-quarters full of gruel, as his sleepless overburdened public defender struggles to push him to accept a plea bargain for the dozens of charges against him. All the unlicensed murder-gear alone is likely to be worth a few months to 20+ years, depending on what was on him and how obvious it is that he's a hardened criminal. He might even get a criminal SIN depending on what was going on. His unlicensed R and F-rated gear are still confiscated, and kept in a well-guarded evidence room somewhere, probably not even the same building he's in. The cops will probably need a judge to rubber-stamp any efforts to loot his commlink for incriminating shadowrunner correspondence like all the times he's texted sensitive information about the many killings and other horrifying crimes he's done.

If he's in some utopian Scandanavian country, his cell will be a lot nicer, his public defender will have more energy and better training for the case, no-one will try to rape him in jail, sentences will be like 1/5th what they should be, and he'll get butter with his toast.
>>
>>51714854
When the CRB talks of rules and regulations it only refers to Seattle laws.

For example, guns are all but illegal in Bongistan, so you could treat all Rs in the book as Fs when it comes to firearms.
>>
>>51714908

That's only if he's actively breaking laws though. If he gets caught carrying a gun without a license, then it's fair game, but just being SINless or not broadcasting a SIN doesn't get you into trouble unless you invite it.

Unless, again, clapistan.
>>
File: SINless.png (357KB, 499x539px) Image search: [Google]
SINless.png
357KB, 499x539px
>>51714910
>When the CRB talks of rules and regulations it only refers to Seattle laws.
Are they?
>>
>>51714940
Do you have a page reference on this or is it just a case of what you want to believe.
>>
>>51714986
Yes. Some nations have different laws, and the rulebook can't cover them all.
>>
>>51715006
Anon, if you don't want a dystopia, you really try a different setting.
>>
>>51715002
It's not me you should ask, it's your GM.
>>
>>51715025
I am the GM, that's why I'm asking for source.
Since you seem so adamant that you're correct I assumed you might have some actual information to share, but I guess you're just pulling it out of your ass.
>>
Do your gm's use edge against you? Do you feel it's not fair an npc gets such a useful tool, or do you think it balances things out some between the PC characters and the average Joe?
>>
>>51715024
Oh I don't have a problem with dystopia, but I do prefer a dystopia lite. And also there are different shades of dystopia even inside the sixth world, like for example, it's easier to carry a gun in US than it would be in Bongistan. Since it's illegal to carry a gun in bongistan for civillians, you don't have plausible deniability, you're immediately fucked if your carry piece prints. Bongistan could be easier in other respects though, for example having less harsh penalties for the SINless.
>>
>>51715059
>but I guess you're just pulling it out of your ass.
Yep, I totally am. But it makes sense, doesn't it? The world is a big place, there's no reason for the laws to be uniform.
>>
>>51715093
>but I do prefer a dystopia lite.
Then try a different setting, because "SINless don't get treated like people by the civilized world" is a fucking fact of Shadowrun.

>>51715113
>But it makes sense, doesn't it?
No, it doesn't.
>>
>>51714753
>See, that's fine. SINless should be looked at like second-grade citizens, not human trash that's of no value whatsoever.
Daily reminder. You will be shot if and when any given security force feels like it.

>The Riot Guard is [a shotgun] intended for law enforcement and independent security forces engaged in operations against low- and medium-threat subjects. [...] low threats are generally considered things like a group of SINless begging for food, or an angry parent yelling at a corporate-sponsored instructor. Medium threats are generally street gangs or unarmed runners.
>>
>>51715113

Except the Corps run the global economy, and controlling the economy comes with defacto power over legislation and their vast PR shapes culture.

What part of 'dystopia' do you not get? The entire world is just varying degrees of shit. I mean, yeah..Yakutsk or Kamchatka or whatever is run by shifters, in which case it's not the Sinless that are shit on, but humans in general.

Pretty much the same for the ecofreaks in Amazonia. Africa is a crapsack full of ghouls and warlords. Australia is Mad Max up to 11 with fucking magic storms on top of it all. Are you hoping for human rights in Antarctica perhaps?
>>
>>51715068
For mooks? Not a chance.

For corporate samurai, megacorp upper-management and street legends though, there'll occasionally be a point or two of edge, but rarely for combat outside of Blitzing.
>>
>>51715296
Nah, corpsec will still get you in Antarctica.
>>
>>51715296
>Except the Corps run the global economy, and controlling the economy comes with defacto power over legislation and their vast PR shapes culture.
They run one of the currencies, they don't have direct control over economy itself. That will, as it always has, run according to laws of supply and demand.

Corps are essentially micronations. They have the most money, but they don't have the most manpower. Some governments are in their pockets, but that doesn't apply to all of the governments.

>What part of 'dystopia' do you not get? The entire world is just varying degrees of shit. I mean, yeah..Yakutsk or Kamchatka or whatever is run by shifters, in which case it's not the Sinless that are shit on, but humans in general.
Operative phrase being 'varying degrees'.

>Are you hoping for human rights in Antarctica perhaps?
The old world seems mostly intact. Nordics, Italy, maybe Baltics.
>>
>>51715296
The only hope for metahumanity to enjoy peace and freedom is in space. In the colonies the spacenoid need not fear the tyranny of earth-sphere corporations and governments. Unless those corps and gov'ts own their colony in which case they're space-screwed.

There's gotta be asteroid mining, manufacturing satellites and moon bases in the Sixth World by now, right? Like a whole other economy on the other side of Zurich Orbital
>>
>>51715154
Yeah, but only in America.
>>
>>51715388
Anon, if you're not comfortable with the idea of cops all over the world shooting you just to relieve their boredom and getting away with it because you don't have a SIN, you should really look into a different setting.
>>
>>51715426
>>Anon, if you're not comfortable with the idea of cops all over the world shooting you just to relieve their boredom and getting away with it because you don't have a SIN, you should really
...not play in America.
>>
>>51715388
Do we have sauce for other parts of the world being any nicer to SINless?
>>
>>51715442
Get your head out of your ass. This isn't an America-only thing, and not just because America as we know doesn't even exist anymore. This is some real blood magic apologism tier denial you have going on here.
>>
>>51715519
America doesn't exist, but americans do.
>>
>>51714800
There was a 4thed supplement called sixth world almanac, it's not comprehensive but it does give a fair snapshot of what places outside America are like, and for the most part it's actually pretty shitty. France was a hold out of peoples' rights and corporate responsibility, but the corps managed to strangle that out of them, the Northern part of italy (GemMiTo sprawl) has been walled off because the government has basically gone fuck it, and is now a lawless wasteland. There are some less shitty places, though I don't really recall off the top of my head.
Here's the other thing SINless don't exist in the system, so even if they do have theoretical rights because they effectively don't exist, you can do whatever you want to them and it's really unlikely that there will be any consequences.
>>
>>51715544
>He thinks he won't get blasted by any other western peoples, or asians, africans, etc.
Sorry kid. It's just personnel.
>>
>>51715599
Other western people don't shoot you first and not even bother with the questions. Asians or Africans never had any rights to begin with.
>>
File: keksimus.jpg (49KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
keksimus.jpg
49KB, 596x628px
>>51715599
>Sorry kid. It's just personnel.
>>
>>51715635
>Other western people don't shoot you first and not even bother with the questions.
They do now.
>>
>>51715635
>Other western people don't shoot you first and not even bother with the questions
Welcome to the sixth world. Enjoy your (brief) stay.
>>
>>51715385
>Unless those corps and gov'ts own their colony in which case they're space-screwed.
That's what EVO is up to on Mars.
>>
>>51715670
>>51715654
Nah, you can't change people's attitudes like that in such a short time, especally since some people from the early 2000's are still around. Besides, there's no benefit to shooting SINless for the fuck of it. Better to integrate them so that they can become productive members of society.
>>
>>51715748
>Nah, you can't change people's attitudes like that in such a short time
And they didn't, it took several decades.
>especally since some people from the early 2000's are still around.
And when my grandfather was a kid, they had separate drinking fountains for the colored people.
>Besides, there's no benefit to shooting SINless for the fuck of it.
It's fun and lets the brass blow off steam.
>Better to integrate them so that they can become productive members of society.
If the corps wouldn't profit from it, it won't happen. If the corps would profit from it, it would've happened already.
>>
>>51715748
>Nah, you can't change people's attitudes like that in such a short time
Because you said so?

>Better to integrate them so that they can become productive members of society
Yes, it worked so well for the modern day homeless people around the globe.
>>
>>51715748
Yeah you can. Keep in mind this wasn't RL starting from 2011. Shadowrun started before the awakening.

http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Seretech_Decision
There's a history of people rioting over food shortages and being beaten down in response.

http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/VITAS
There's a significant percentage of the world pop gone.

http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Night_of_Rage
There's a significant percentage of the world pop experiencing and inflicting severe racial abuse and racist attitudes on each other.
>>
File: president.jpg (87KB, 1200x564px) Image search: [Google]
president.jpg
87KB, 1200x564px
Daily reminder that the only reason the megacorporations haven't assumed direct control over the national goverments of the entire world (Aztechnology and Aztlan excluded of course) is because they couldn't make money off it.
>>
File: GitS Rain.jpg (67KB, 600x323px) Image search: [Google]
GitS Rain.jpg
67KB, 600x323px
>>51714669
>Just drink rainwater

>Just drink acid rain

ftfy.

From the Lifestraw website,
>Can I drink pool water with the LifeStraw?
>Not a good idea. Pool water is usually treated with chlorine and other chemicals. LifeStraw will only remove bacteria and waterborne parasites, not chemicals.
>Does the LifeStraw filter out heavy metals, chemicals or viruses?
>The LifeStraw is designed for the backcountry and will filter out 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria and 99.9% of waterborne protozoa. Chemicals, salt water, heavy metals and viruses will not be removed. If you were looking for a high capacity filter to remove viruses, the LifeStraw Mission and LifeStraw Family 1.0 remove 99.999% of viruses.

Also, it only filters 1,000 liters; not shabby, but you drink alone that much in less than two years, let alone all the other things you use water for.
>>
File: Canada.jpg (122KB, 523x500px) Image search: [Google]
Canada.jpg
122KB, 523x500px
>>51714738
>Toronto
>Ottawa
>Calgary
>Vancouver

Let's play spot the leaf.
>>
>>51713868
So why do others think its shit?
>>
>>51714908
>The cops will probably need a judge to rubber-stamp any efforts to loot his commlink for incriminating shadowrunner correspondence like all the times he's texted sensitive information about the many killings and other horrifying crimes he's done.

Depends on who the cops are in this case. I'm certain the EULAs have the provision that you're not the owner of the commlink, merely renting it from the corp that made it, and that corp retains rights to all data, can use the data for marketing, statistical analysis and espionage purpose, can at any time alter the software on the device to any degree up to and including bricking it, etc.

Your info is probably more safe if you have an Erika and you're caught by Universal Omnitech than through any privacy laws.
>>
Never played Shadowrun, but was curious enough to buy Shadowrun: Anarchy to try with some friends.

Any tips for a newbie? Also, is it wise to invest in a GM Screen at all?
>>
>>51716228
Hey, you have to give me Vancouver, that one's close enough to Seattle you might expect it to come up.

Also Quebec a shit, Quebec becoming its own nation is even worse than the sout rising again.

>>51716258
Long story short, the 4e Sleeping Tiger was made from PVC, chain, poly-latex and wire mesh to resemble the repurposed trash that SINless and very poor orcs and trolls wore because they couldn't afford real clothing. In a previous /srg/ that shall be infamously remembered as Trash and Whores General, there was an argument about whether or not this meant that the Sleeping Tiger looked like garbage in every sense of the phrase.
>>
File: Megacorporate Umbrellas.jpg (264KB, 1000x619px) Image search: [Google]
Megacorporate Umbrellas.jpg
264KB, 1000x619px
>>51715370
>they don't have direct control over economy itself. That will, as it always has, run according to laws of supply and demand.

>he believes that the cabal of multinational corporations doesn't manipulate both supply and demand, artificially creating the economy they want to draw out maximum profit

Tell me another fairy tale.>>51715370
>The old world seems mostly intact. Nordics, Italy, maybe Baltics.

A lot of the Scandavians were fucked by the ecological disasters, and at least Finland is basically owned by Erika/Transys now. Italy devolved back into shitty city-states including GeMiTo, the worst sprawl in Europe. The Baltic Sea literally turned to poison that killed the surrounding ecologies in 2002 that caused those countries to collapse (slowly rebounding since the 2040s when magic bacteria was introduced).

Go read any 'Shadows of' book and find a place that isn't a shithole or that even offers human rights to everyone. You won't find one.
>>
>>51716301
Two folders work just as well. Print/copy out any helpful papers. Always think about threat reaponse, in my opinion its the biggest thing in GMing Shadowrun. How fast they reapond/firepower etc
>>
>>51714033
He's a corp baby so most of his lifestyle goes toward food, though when times are tough he always keeps hot sauce on hand to drown out the soy
>>
>>51716502
>he always keeps hot sauce on hand to drown out the soy
Funny, I have a similar attitude towards chicken.
>>
File: Chuck.jpg (124KB, 1240x1748px) Image search: [Google]
Chuck.jpg
124KB, 1240x1748px
>>51714033
>What does your runner chew?
Oh, you know, the usual...
>>
>>51716372
Thanks anon, was pretty puzzled
>>
File: Nightmare Vision.jpg (63KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
Nightmare Vision.jpg
63KB, 722x349px
>>51716425
Forgot to mention.

The people who introduced that bacteria to the Baltic? The Duchy of Pomorya, a country noted for it's ecological commitment. Nice of them, right?

Except it's an elf-supremacy state where trolls, orcs and dwarves are almost non-existent (they finally got rid of most of the humans thanks to 2064, claiming SURGE was a communicable disease and humans were the carriers), they care more about cleaning the sea than they do in stopping the rampant paracritters from devouring the peasants, and yes literally peasants, because the elves set themselves up as noble houses cobbled together out of various German and Slavic traditions to play make-believe.

Oh, and Proteus AG repolluted the Baltic. Welcome to the Sixth World, enjoy your stay.
>>
>>51716555
>because the elves set themselves up as noble houses cobbled together out of various German and Slavic traditions to play make-believe.
Sounds like a fun place to visit. No joke, it sounds like it would be a pretty cool place if you just stuck to the tourist areas.
>>
>>51716192
>lifestraw doesn't filter salt water

I'm glad I read that before I took one out onto my boat as part of an emergency kit, shit.
>>
File: Elf Poser Cyberware.jpg (84KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Poser Cyberware.jpg
84KB, 640x640px
>>51716594
So long as you have a pair of pointy ears, it would be a hoot. Remember to get a R4 Linguasoft (Pomoryan), because they made up their own language by basically taking everything nearby and throwing it into a blender because it's not a real seekrit club if the neighbours can understand what the hell you're saying.
>>
>>51716698
Elf posers are weird. Why even bother? It's like dark people who get skin whitening creams
>>
>>51716698
>Linguasoft
>requires a skilljack
Can I just get something that plugs into my commlink and/or datajack?
>>
File: Dual Pistols.jpg (150KB, 1000x478px) Image search: [Google]
Dual Pistols.jpg
150KB, 1000x478px
Does anyone have that minmax breakdown for dual-wielding to get your dice pool to a level it's actually worth it? All I remember is Elf with max AGI and metagenetics, Ambidextrous, and Brand Loyalty.
>>
>>51714033
Johnny is used to street fare & by that I mean dumpsters at the end of the day, or take out (throwing rocks at food delivery drones) or if he's feeling rich he'll go searching for something exotic (hunting devil rats)
>>
>>51716768
>not having a skilljack

Don't be a bitch, it's a few thousand nuyen and 0.01 Essence for access to all the knowledge of the world. price for skillsoft subscription not included, Renraku is not responsible for intentional or accidental damage to your soul, terms and conditions may apply
>>
>>51716809
>Don't be a bitch, it's a few thousand nuyen and 0.01 Essence
I have 0.02 Essence and don't want to die when a vampire sneezes on me.
>>
File: Cybershop.jpg (678KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cybershop.jpg
678KB, 750x1000px
>>51716833
Sounds like you need an upgrade, chummer! May we interest you in our fine array of alphaware?
>>
>>51716861
>Sounds like you need an upgrade, chummer!
Oh, man, don't I, but I'm betaware or bust at this point.

Seriously though, is there not software to put subtitles in your AR?
>>
>>51716936
>CarnivoreGold: This service is a mashup of a linguistic database and code-breaking software. It allows users to translate unknown languages that they may have no other way of understanding, including coded communication developed exclusively for small groups of people. This service allows the user to make a Computer + [Device Rating of device running the service] Test in place of a Language + Intuition Test to understand what was said.

Cutting Aces 144
>>
>>51716983
And what happened to SR4's linguasofts that could be used with commlinks? I dunno, so I'm going to say S-K copyrighted the idea of using linguasofts on commlinks, but Shiawase copyrighted the the technology to do so, and so they were all pulled off the shelves until the legal dust is settled. The case goes before the Corporate Court in 2088.
>>
>>51716833
The less essence you have the harder for a vamp to drink you dry. Check the Essence Drain critter power.
>>
>>51716776
23-24 dice should be enough i think. You'll have to be an adept for that though.
>>
>>51716983
>250 nuyen per month
Seems really expensive when all I want is a linguasoft for a commlink.

>>51717029
Went out the window with CFD I bet, just like everything else CGL thought made things too easy.
>>
>>51717029
>so they were all pulled off the shelves until the legal dust is settled.
Does this mean there's still some out there that I can steal or obtain on the black market?
>>
File: 25ohlvi.png (811KB, 989x1029px) Image search: [Google]
25ohlvi.png
811KB, 989x1029px
>>51717150
>>51716983
>This service allows the user to make a Computer + [Device Rating of device running the service] Test in place of a Language + Intuition Test to understand what was said.
>Computer + [Device Rating of device running the service] Test
What about if I'm not a decker?
>>
>>51717431
Computer is not a decker-only skill.
>>
File: file.png (216KB, 1639x786px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
216KB, 1639x786px
Is there anything you guys would like to see from a Finances and Licences tab in Chummer? Ideally it would include all your bank accounts/credsticks with their nuyen amounts (Including any outstanding loans from In Debt), and appropriate licences, with the items they cover.
>>
>>51717431
Roll device rating -1.
>>
File: GOPNIK AWARD.jpg (76KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
GOPNIK AWARD.jpg
76KB, 600x610px
So I've decided to plan ahead and prepare a true Slav experience for Shadowrun.

Does anyone have suggestions of cool runs that could have hilarious and stupid slav-tier twists and turns.

I've already got
> Protect a convoy from groups of malcontent gopniks.
>Investigate an irradiated nuclear reactor.
>Find out what's in the Metro.
>Hijack some milspec gear from an army depot.

I kinda what to run these like the Snatch, Lock Stock and co movies. Brutal, stupid surprises and maximum slav. Anyone has good crime-comedy movie recommendations ?
>>
File: 14583185071421.jpg (4KB, 213x250px) Image search: [Google]
14583185071421.jpg
4KB, 213x250px
>>51717473
>>51717596
Let me rephrase: what if I want something that doesn't require actual skill to use effectively?

>>51717828
Must acquire the most stylish of tracksuits on short notice, because tonight Mr.Johnson is a Vory boss who only meets in fine dining establishments. Also, remove kebab.
>>
>>51718063
You could ask your GM if an Agent can do it for you, I suppose?
>>
>>51717828
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420982/
You can't get any more Slav than this.
>>
File: no dignity.jpg (31KB, 198x198px) Image search: [Google]
no dignity.jpg
31KB, 198x198px
>>51718427
>http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420982/
>Sergei and Simon have to deliver a suitcase full of heroin to Mikhalych or else they will be killed. There is one minor detail: the only problem-solving technique they are familiar with is a shot in the head.
>>
File: Remove Knifeears.png (630KB, 1041x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Remove Knifeears.png
630KB, 1041x1066px
>>51717828
Remove keebab
>>
>>51717565
No that sounds good enough, really.
>>
I would like to make a cyberarm containing a retractable chainsaw that I can use to cut down doors/trees/people. All I can find for that though is the cyberlimb attachment that lets you swap out your hand for an obvious cyberweapon. Is there anything y'all can point me to (quality/equipment/gear) that could help me out?
>>
File: Theatrónis.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Theatrónis.pdf
1B, 486x500px
r8 dual wielding elf adept. Done specifically so he could have Praetorians as foci (the bayonets are the foci), because the idea of a gun flipping around shooting and stabbing with the same guns is great.
>>
>>51718793
No retractable Chainsaws in 5e. Extreme Cyberweapons are always obvious.
>>
File: Biker Chainsword.png (3MB, 2500x1975px) Image search: [Google]
Biker Chainsword.png
3MB, 2500x1975px
>>51718793
Lower limb with Modular Limb is the best you can do. >>51718833 is right.
>>
>>51717828
Infiltrate Germany and kill elite agents of the New Nazi Party
>>
ATTENTION RIGGERS AND SPIDERS

FUCK YOUR SHIT.
>>
>>51718818
1. Improved Physical Attribute is an inefficient way of spending PP. You'd get more mileage by taking Improved Ability (Pistols) 4.
2. Running is pretty useless. Swimming is useful only at the most occasional, although that will depend on the campaign. Gymnastics is pretty great, though.
4. You have no points in Pilot Groundcraft for that vehicle you have.
5. You can do better in terms of armor, check Run and Gun.
6. You're missing a Concealed Carry License.
7. Theres no reason to stab folks with your bayonets with 2 STR. You're going to do worse than just shooting them point blank.
8. Corp SINners are a pariah of the Shadows, you'll be hated by most people who know the truth.
>>
>>51718793
Chainsaws are really bad for cutting people, you'd do better with a circular saw.
>>
File: Elf Slots.jpg (776KB, 1333x808px) Image search: [Google]
Elf Slots.jpg
776KB, 1333x808px
>>51719036
1. Good to know

2. I just dumped 5 skill group ranks into Athletics.

4 (which is 3). Gridguide, omae. He's a rich kid with a fancy bike, he can't drive for shit. I might end up adjusting his skills anyways, though, see if I can free up something. I just hate characters who don't have a mode of transportation.

5. Ran out of money for armour, took the jacket for casual wear and the Urban Explorer for other things. Will look at options.

6. Loud and proud. They're big flashy pistols, he's not going to be concealing them if he wanted to. Though I should get a knife for something subtle. Which goes to...

7. Excellent point, I forgot entirely to change up the attributes once I had the idea to go from pistol adept to Praetorians.

8. Known issue. He'll take the hate, because that's the kind of guy he is - the kind who runs his mouth about how awesome he is. Quality limits prevented me from getting the other qualities that would flesh out that aspect.

>>51719003
So now we're going to get more lawsuits about whether or not taking down a drone with a less-lethal round is OK, and whether or not you can call dibs on it once it hits the ground.
>>
>>51716372
>4e Sleeping Tiger was made from PVC, chain, poly-latex and wire mesh to resemble the repurposed trash that SINless and very poor orcs and trolls wore because they couldn't afford real clothing
ST sleeves, belts, and buckles are made using those materials, while the rest is not.
>>
>>51719203
>So now we're going to get more lawsuits about whether or not taking down a drone with a less-lethal round is OK, and whether or not you can call dibs on it once it hits the ground.
honestly, I find the concept amusing and look forward too the upcoming legal shenanigans on that topic.

it's certainly better than wondering when Mr. McCheeto-Dust will plunge us into thermonuclear war...
>>
File: mayonnaise.png (452KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mayonnaise.png
452KB, 640x480px
How do I play a Psionic that isn't a faggot, /srg/? 5e, if it matters.

The tradition has, mechanically, all the stuff I'm looking for. Possession, Task spirits, Intuition for drain. But every iteration I've seen of it has been an edgy "lol ur magic isn't real" fedora-tipper which I fucking hate because I used to be one or a nihilist "lol nothing is real" post-modernist, which I fucking hate because post-modernism and moral relativism are the cancer that is killing academia.

Is there any way of role-playing this shit that doesn't make me want to kill myself?

And don't say "just play Qabbalic" because then I'd be asking "How do I play Qabbalic without being a Jewish stereotype?"
>>
>>51719769

It's a rare tradition, isn't it? It seems to me that it actually has more freedom than a lot of traditions: it really isn't attached to a culture in the same way.

You're probably free to play anything from "I can't figure out if this is actually magic or not and it's keeping me awake at night" animated/curious to "My mind is a weapon" super tryhard edgy guy
>>
File: Lyta_alexander-ID.jpg (158KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Lyta_alexander-ID.jpg
158KB, 800x600px
>>51719769
Just be a cool psionic instead.
>>
>>51719769
Be a dude who acknowledges magic is real (because he'd be a fucking retard not to), but doesn't necessarily buy into the fact that mystical dogmatism is necessarily a part of the whole thing. Even hermetics are all pseudo-sciency about the whole thing with their elemental transmutations and shit. Psionics could just be dudes who go "I do magic, and I kind of don't care about that other stuff".

Clearly stuff like mentor spirits, geomancy and various traditions prove that belief does have an impact on magic, but not having those beliefs is a valid belief in and of itself.
>>
How many Cyberprograms can you have running on a deck at any one time? Is it an amount equal to the rating?
>>
>>51718063
You get an Agent on your comlink with a module, and you let it do it for you. With an expensive enough device and Agent, you'll be fine in every situation.
>>
>>51720517
None. Comlinks can only run up to (Device Rating/2) comlink apps. If you want to run more advanced programs, you need outfit it with a module containing either the program you want, or the Virtual Machine program that gives you two slots for cyberprograms at the cost of taking more Matrix damage.
>>
If you put a Camera into your Ballistic Mask, can you see using that camera, or are you stuck with contacts or whatever?
>>
>>51720764
Camera means you can record what you see, IIRC. Nobody buys it because every smartlink includes one. That said, you are totally able to stack helmet and contacts for maximum eye bonuses.
>>
>>51720769
>Helmet
P L E B
>>
File: 1274618330412.jpg (273KB, 740x982px) Image search: [Google]
1274618330412.jpg
273KB, 740x982px
http://pastebin.com/C6VTzt7L

First time making a Mystic Adept. Any pointers?
>>
>>51721036
Yeah, learn to use Chummer and upload the PDF.
>>
>>51721036
Why do you hate guns?
Also, I'd use a manablade or powerblade instead of a katana. You have access to them, and they're actually good without heavy investment.
>>
>>51721089
Images and portraits help convey the themes of my characters and make my posts more noticable.
>>51721111
Nothing against guns. But my resources were tight and I'd sooner rely on the magic I've heavily invested in for long range murdering. And I considered a power/manablade bit I figured using an actual sword would free up my limited spells.
>>
>>51721036
So you've made a melee character who isn't really optimal at her job. Melee requires a fairly big investment to get good results. You've got the melee part of the equation down, but you might have difficulty getting into it with so little stealth and reasonably unimpressive toughness/armor and speed. And you don't have a ranged standby apart from magic.
Apart from that, it's not good but it's not totally incompetent. You probably need another point of Edge, your drain resist is pretty terrible, your skills are kind of all over the place (what is flight for? I could be wrong but I don't think you need that for Levitate), and there are a couple of minor issues (why do you have a smartlink if you don't even own a gun reeee).
As >>51721111 says, powerblade is really good. You should check it out, if you could find the points to make your drain resist better.
>>51721207
I don't remember what healthy glow does, but you could probably get rid of it or detect enemies in exchange for powerblade, my man. It's a good trade.
>>
>>51721207
Having a PDF helps your shit actually be readable.
>>
>>51721207
Get a fucking Steyr TMP.
It doesn't matter if you can't hit square.

A piece keeps scum away and carrying it keeps that big red crosshair from your head that Runners without visible Guns attract because they are suspected to be mages.

Geek the mage first isn't a meme, you don't want to look like one.
>>
What software are you using to create floorplans?
>>
>>51721310
Also, guns are more effective than combat spells anyway, so even if you're a mage you should probably keep one handy.

Being melee specced is fine and all, especially for an adept, but you want a piece for those times when you just want to hug cover rather than charge blindly at the fortifed corpsec with shotguns.
>>
>>51721354
Visio works pretty well.
>>
>>51721354
The mapeditor from "Doorkickers" (Steam) is super usefull
>>
>>51721207
>I'd sooner rely on the magic I've heavily invested in for long range murdering
Combat spells are less than optimal apart from very specific applications. Also, they can't suppressive fire. And they cause Drain, which will fuck you over if you keep throwing manabolts all willy nilly. Just get a cheap automatic weapon. You don't even have to invest a lot into it, sometimes it's just useful to have a dude who can pull the trigger and empty his clip in the opponents' general direction while the ones who can actually shoot worth a damn get into position.
>>
>>51721381
Is there a free alternative? I don't have MS Office.

>>51721392
This one I own, I'll give it a try.
>>
File: 1402427044841.jpg (181KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1402427044841.jpg
181KB, 1600x1200px
>>51719398
>plunge us into thermonuclear war...

There have been truly certifiable people in control of weapons of mass destruction and never crossed that line. No one ever will.

The only way you get nuclear weapons being used is some idiot in charge of a country (example: russia) thats being folded in half because of a war they started and are subsequently losing, gets backed into a corner, and decides "well...a limited nuclear exchange could work..."

No one will start out the gate with nukes. If they get used, it will be last resort.

Iran might try and cobble something together if they get spit-roasted by puddin and dump
>>
Uh
Do Aspected Magicians not get any free spells in Sum-to-ten?
>>
>>51721721
They don't get in Priority, either.
>>
>>51721762
Why in gods fucking name would ANYONE ever take them?
They suck shit, they don't get spells, they can't access most magic things, what's the fucking purpose?
>>
>>51721782
They're meant to be a light version of magicians, but the way magic works makes that a fucking awful idea so noone ever plays one.
Can be useful for NPCs I guess.
>>
>>51721782
Some people like sucking shit in games.
>>
>>51721782
Eh, High CHA Face-cum-Aspected Summoner works.

Sure, you can't get pheromones, but on the other hand, you have spirits to do the shifting when things get rough.
>>
>>51721802
Mystic Adepts would be better. And you can get pheromones with Prototype Transhuman.
>>
>>51721829
Oh, sure, Mystic Adept is better and offer one hell of a lot more options in the long run.

Aspected Summoner gives you a decent "basic package" of astral perception and summoning that complements the role of sweet-talker nicely.
>>
>>51721782
>Why in gods fucking name would ANYONE ever take them?

In cases where you can afford only the lowest magic priority and don't want to play an Adept
>>
>>51721829
>MysAdept + Prototype transhuman + 60-90k Nuyen (likely more since you want to fill that Point of Essence)

Thats spreading your ressources awfully thin.
>>
>>51721948
Even without the Pheromones a Mystic Adept can be a much better face than an Aspected Summoner.
>>
>>51721971
Thats not the point I'm arguing.
>>
>>51721988
There's nothing to argue about that combination being extremely limiting. It would probably work best in karmagen, although getting your Charisma to 9 or 10 would be expensive.
>>
Alright, someone sell me on why you would take 'ware over magic.

Adepts get their abilities at a comparatively lower price, Mages are stronger overall, and both of them scale far easier into longer games.

Cyberware is expensive in both nuyen and essence, is often high availability, and lacks a lot of the utility that Magic can provide.

Bioware is the same, except slightly less on Essence, more on Nuyen, and more on avail.

Drugs don't have much variety, you risk the chance of overdoses, adverse effects, and if you speedball then drug interaction effects.

Even if you like them for flavor, the mechanics make them all but unworkable unless your game is pretty much just 100% casual with no difficulty.
>>
How necessary is taking Skills A for priority/STT?
>>
>>51722336
Depends on what you want to make
>>
>>51722184
For one, everywhere in the sixth world has a background count of 1, since even an argument can jack it up for a few hours. Bad thoughts and office environments can result in anything up to -4 over time - a city full of shitty people could sustain 1-2 no problems. For a second, karma costs. Magic is EXPENSIVE when it comes to Karma. And slow to advance. It's why so many people make bioadepts - to have some ever-available expensive abilities, leaving them to branch out without worrying about BC.
>>
>>51722357
>Everywhere has a background count of 1
Where did this meme even start?
>>
>>51722372
That would be Missions working off the early sourcebooks, finally codified in Magic in the Shadows of 3e and some errata. It's not a 'meme'. It's mentioned in fiction a few times as well.
>>
File: Tinman.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Tinman.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51722184
>Alright, someone sell me on why you would take 'ware over magic.

-unique shit (Pain Editor)
- plenty of permanent boosts to attributes possible, far more than an adept can afford
- mental Attributes boostable
- SHITTONS of Armor (30+ Soak is easy, even as a human. Try doing that as an adept, without gimping yourself elsewhere)
- easy to fill multiple roles with very little additonal investment (tailored pheromones, RCC)
- Cyberarm of awesome
- Drugs with the appropriate ware and Narco are fucking ridiculous and the chance of addiction is very low.

Try building something that has comparable stats as pdf related Sam with magic (hint a) the shown dicepools are wrong but you can count the pools, hint b) the 20 spent karma are one specialisation, a handfull of skills and one negative quality bought off.
>>
>>51722432
>Paid Editor
NoPaint, Pain Resist
>Attribute boosts
Increased Attribute, Increase Attribute spells
>Armor
Why would you need armor when you've got enough dodge to never be hit? Magic can also do it better, or just give penalties so you can't be seen or hit
>Multiple roles
Skills at Priority A with E Meta/B Magic/B Attributes/E Resources, congrats, you're able to multirole.
>Drugs
Too bad interactions can still kill you, the aftereffects can kill you, and you need to speedball a ton together to get any real effect
>>
File: BC.png (65KB, 288x734px) Image search: [Google]
BC.png
65KB, 288x734px
>>51722372
>>
File: Untitled.png (628KB, 550x846px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
628KB, 550x846px
>>51722477
>>
>>51722462
>enough dodge to never be hit
When full auto from a single mook gives you a -9 to dodge, that seems like a bit of a tall order.
>>
>>51722493
seems similar to mine
what edition is yours from? the one you responded to was from 4e Street Magic
>>
>>51722503
Rea 8+ Int 5+Combat Sense 6+Prototype Transhumaned Reakt+2 Mentor Spirit
Tada, right out of the gate you have 21 dodge. Literally nothing will hit you.
>>
>>51722511
Yeah, I lifted it from 3e for the 'argument' thing or 'passionate love affair'. Because there's nothing like a quick hotel room fuck to screw with magic, apparently. Assuming you're really into it. Fucking missions.
>>
File: 1484645136146.jpg (622KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
1484645136146.jpg
622KB, 1280x1811px
>>51722462
>noPaint
Doesn't keep you going with a filled stun-monitor
>Pain resist
same

>why would you need armor if you've got enough dodge to never be hit
because there is no "never", there is only a relatively low chance, math is your friend.
Besides, with FullAuto giving you -11 to Dodge, I'd like to see a build that isn't a onetrick pony and still gets reliably high chances to dodge everything.
Also:
>what are explosives

>Skills at Priority A

>putting skills higher than attributes
>ever
Idiot trap option

>Interactions can still kill you
Don't mix
>aftereffects
Narco genware

>you need to speedball for any effect

>>+2 Body, +2 Agility, +3 Strength, +2 Willpower, +2 Physical limit, +2D6 Initiative Dice, High Pain Tolerance 3 with a single dose of kamikaze and narco geneware

>not a real effect

yeah nah, you are full of shit and know jackshit about the rules
>>
>>51722532
>Doesn't keep you going with a filled stun-monitor
Numb, Lockdown 204.
>>
File: dice.png (375KB, 697x909px) Image search: [Google]
dice.png
375KB, 697x909px
>>51722524
>Tada, right out of the gate you have 21 dodge. Literally nothing will hit you.

21-9 = 12 dice = 4 success on average or around 37% chance to have at least 5 success

Thats far away from "nothing will hit you ever" and you suck at math.
>>
>>51722558
>using some shit that gives you a permanent low pain tolerance after you actually need it (that is, filled Stun track)

How about no?
>>
>>51722532
>hand is tilted one direction
>flat blade
>sheath is tilted in the opposite direction
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>51722561
>Mooks at the start of the game having 12+ dice
Are you retarded?
>>
File: 1484281162385.jpg (659KB, 1200x682px) Image search: [Google]
1484281162385.jpg
659KB, 1200x682px
>>51722574
Its some weeb animuartist, don't expect shit that makes sense from those.
t. posted the image
>>
What's a good starting mission?
>>
>>51722572
>I'd rather die than take a negative quality
Ok, pal.
>>
>>51722577

No are YOU terminally retarded, you fucking nigger?
Even a crappy Steyr TMP can blast full auto and that gives you a nice -11 do dodge. Same goes for all standard corpsec guns (HK 227, FN HAR).
Hell, even a shitty long burst with 6 bullets will put your retarded one-trick pony into an area where getting hit is a highly realistic thing.

Anyways, you are obviously to stupid to read the probability chart and to understand basic concepts of the game like automatic fire.
Just play your adept and then cry your GM a river after the first encounter with Corpsec leaves you riddled with holes Mr. "I don't need no armor".
>>
>>51722603
The whole argument is that there is no comparable alternative to a pain editor for awakened users. Numb might keep you alive, its still worse than the PE by several degrees, you backpedalling idiot.
>>
>>51722618
Buddy, you sound like you need a Calm Emotions spell.

Are you okay?
>>
>>51722637
Wherever i go, i have to ragepost.

t. Keyboardberserker

slight exaggeration, I'm just easily infuriated by dumbposting people
>>
>>51722574
Maybe she's sheathing the blade, having the blade backwards isn't that uncommon when doing that.
>>
>>51722630
>>51722630
Eh. There's the pain resistance adept power, and the pain resistance spell, but they won't keep you conscious. Sadly.
>>
>>51722726
The issue isn't that the blade's backwards, it's that the sheath and the hilt are 90 degrees from each other.
>>
>>51717828
Visit to the Balkans for your mandatory mercenary fuckfest is a must.
>>
File: around elves.png (79KB, 426x382px) Image search: [Google]
around elves.png
79KB, 426x382px
So, chummers, radar sensor yay or nay?
Wouldn't have pay essence for it, only capacity, but probably can only afford lvl 2 or MAYBE 3.
Still go for it or waste of nuyen?
>>
>>51722630
1. I'm not the anon you were talking to, you abrasive shit

2. it's not that much worse, considering you get to keep your essence intact
>>
>>51722782
Go for the full sensor array installed in (insert thing here). Preferably a cyberlimb so you always have it handy, but a trusted piece of equipment you always carry works.
>>
>>51722820
If you jump in onto a discussion, read more than the last post.

>its not that much worse

It leaves you with a negative Quality that costs you 18 karma to remove and has quite severe effects.
Yes, its MUCH worse.
And for all those cases where you only care about not having to suffer the negative modifieres, there are plenty of other options.
>>
>>51722843
>Go for the full sensor array installed in

can't, GM is going the "its not on the list of sensors, thus it can't be put into an array" route.
So, radarsensor 2 or 3 in the partial skull, yay or nay?
>>
>>51722752
It looks like some kinda lightsaber/laser sword type shit, so how you'd sheath it probably doesn't matter.
>>
>>51722881
>If you jump in onto a discussion, read more than the last post.
I will if I want to. You're not doing a very good job of making me want to.

>Yes, its MUCH worse.
Still better than being unconscious or into physical overflow next to a HTR team. If you don't think negative qualities are going to come out of that (assuming the character isn't simply written off), then you're diving head first into the end of Brazil or Repo Men unawares.
>>
>>51722893
Yay. Can't hurt to have it.
>>
>>51722752
I tried looking at that but didn't really see that. It looks like some sort of a double bladed mono sword, so how you sheathe it probably doesn't even matter.
>>
File: 1484837897383.jpg (302KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484837897383.jpg
302KB, 600x900px
>>51722911
I'll humor you with a final answer.
I'm not arguing that numb, no paint and whatever have their uses.
The inital point of the discussion which you failed to grasp, due to not bothering to read further back, is a totally different one:

Awakened Persons (save Technomancers) have nothing that is comparable to the PainEditor in its use (or more accurately: The pain editor is one of the things that cybers have as an advantage over awakened, as the initial discussion was an annon wanting to know why anybody would ever bother with *ware instead of magic). Sure, they have options that can mimic certain aspects of it, but NONE of these reach the same amount of utility a pain Editor gives. Instead they usually come with added disadvantages.
>>
>>51723081
>I'll humor you with a final answer.
How gracious of you. Needn't have bothered.
>>
>>51714669
Collecting rainwater is also illegal in plenty of clapistanian states because if done in large enough scale, it can ruin the aquifer. I wouldn't imagine it beneath corps and corrupt governments to start cracking down on rainwater collecting.
>>
>>51723081
But chrome can't accomplish everything magic can.

The best way to look at it is two similar but also different approaches to fixing the same problem. Both have their pros and cons.
>>
>>51723348
>reasonable arguments
>in /srg/ -Shitflinging General
are you lost?
>>
>>51723388
I was trying to bring the argument to a close.

S-sorry?
>>
>>51723400
you seem new here
You're a good guy, chummer. Stay that way
>>
>>51723348
And neither can magic do everything that chrome can.
>>
>>51723451
Yes, that was the point
>>
I'd just like to point out that a Long Full Auto fires 10 rounds, not 12. You'd get a corresponding -9 to your penalty.
>>
>>51723081
A Pain Editor is still inferior to Damage Compensators 12. Sure, it costs more Essence, but it costs less nuyen, doesn't impair your Intuition and still lets you be aware of how much damage you've accumulated. And while yes, a Pain Editor keeps you from suffering penalties after you accumulate 13 points between both your tracks, but that's the kind of scenario you where you probably want to know exactly how much damage you've accumulated, to say nothing of the fact that you probably have bigger problems to worry about than a few dinky penalties (like what gave you that much damage to begin with, for instance).
>>
>>51723458
which i have been arguing for for several hours, thank you very much :3 :/
>>
>>51723532
Stop using emoticons, you cunt
>>
>>51723526
>A Pain Editor is still inferior to Damage Compensators 12

Damage compensators don't let you stay awake with a filled stuntrack, thus they are entirely inferior.
The "unaware of damage" can be mitigated with a few hundred bucks for a biomonitor.
>>
>>51723526
You can wear a biomonitor to compensate for the pain editor, which can even be laced into your armor if you don't like wearing a stupid bracelet. Theres a whole value you're ignoring: Pain Editors let you keep going when your stun monitor is filled, Damage Compensators do not.
>>
File: no stop signs.jpg (67KB, 393x392px) Image search: [Google]
no stop signs.jpg
67KB, 393x392px
So I've begun working on my Dr. Moreau-ish dude. Basically, a fucked up chemist who creates experimental combat stims and tests them out on his horribly chromed out poochies.

Kyber-05 is the highly illegal killing machine. Junkyard jaw, cybereyes, commlink, wired reflexes. Just barely not in full-blown cyberpsychosis. Generally kept docile with powerful sedatives because a cybered out dog with armor piercing teeth going through K2 withdrawal is not a good time.

Streak is the more subtle one by comparison. Which means he's a german shepherd with aluminum bones, metal teeth, retractable climbing claws and an auto-injector full of a cocktail that makes Jazz look like diet Sprite. Just barely inconspicuous enough that people would assume it's a really nasty junkyard dog bought to keep intruders out of his shitty apartment, whereas Kyber-05 is clearly a highly illegal murder machine that proves there can be no god.

And of course both puppers have narco genemods. Remember, kids, experimenting with drugs is dangerous! That's why we have lab animals!

P.S: What the fuck, captcha! There are no goddamn stop signs here! Why the fuck is it just the stop sign questions that don't work?
>>
>>51723541
Okay
>>
>>51723521
And if you're firing 2 machine pistols on full auto like a god damn madman?
>>
File: Screenshot 2017-02-14 17.11.12.png (36KB, 396x330px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-02-14 17.11.12.png
36KB, 396x330px
>>51723574
I usually click a random square on those and it seems to work just fine.

Also, captcha v1 is always faster unless you're on a shitty mobile device.
>>
>>51723600
Your fellow runners put you down because you've gone rabid.
>>
>>51723600
Well, you won't hit the long side of a very large barn, probably, what with not only taking off-hand penalties and huge recoil penalties, but also having to split your dice pool between hands.
>>
>>51723574
>P.S: What the fuck, captcha! There are no goddamn stop signs here!
That's the point, there are no stop signs, something a human would recognize and thus click on no boxes.

>>51723616
What if they're okay with you going rabid?
>>
>>51720517
Most cyberdecks can run programs equal to device rating. Data Trails gives you a few specialty cyberdecks that have different amounts from that, usually either less or more with one that's not going away.

Like >>51720594 said, commlinks run (DR/2, round up) apps.
>>
>>51723574
Captcha mixes questions it knows the answers to in order to catch bots, with questions google wants answered to teach their image recognition algorithms. Currently the stop sign ones are the latter, so you'll get a pass on any answer there (someone's looking into self driving cars, or just getting street sign data out of street view). The ones with a thick black border running along two sides next to each other are the same.
>>
>>51723624
>what with not only taking off-hand penalties
>but also having to split your dice pool between hands.
Isn't there a build that gets around that though?
>and huge recoil penalties
Granted, machine pistols don't come with a lot of recoil compensation, but where there is a will (and the money for Gas Vents and Gyromounts) there is a way.
>>
File: Nuclear Holocaust.jpg (193KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
Nuclear Holocaust.jpg
193KB, 600x739px
>>51721639
I remember a comment Reagan made after he finished his term about nuclear weapons. It was to the effect that there is about 8 minutes between when they would detect a Russian missile launch and the missile hitting Washington.

Not 8 minutes for the President to decide whether or not to counterattack; 8 minutes for someone to say, "We think Russia launched a nuclear ICBM," for the word to get to the President, for the President to get hustled down to his bunker, for him to try and find his family and make sure they get somewhere safe as well, for all the members of the cabinet to be contacted and also escorted to safety, for everyone in the Department of Defense to try desperately to confirm or deny that a launch actually took place, that it's actually headed for America, and that it's not just a glitch or misread cloud... and for the President to give the order to shoot back.

I'm not scared of crazy people in charge of nuclear weapons; I'm scared because a truly average person, put under the kind of pressure that is unimaginable for literally anyone from literally any time period, other than about 14 men who have held that office, can easily make the wrong decision.
>>
>>51723574
>dog with retractable climbing claws

But why? There's better options if you want discreet damage, and what the fuck is a dog going to climb?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJRqB1xtIxg

How would a group of runners assault a motorcade carrying a corp exec not unlike the one shown in this video?
>>
File: Assassination 1.webm (2MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
Assassination 1.webm
2MB, 700x394px
>>51724289
>>
File: Assassination 2.webm (2MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
Assassination 2.webm
2MB, 700x394px
>>51724333
>>
>>51724333
How the fuck did he not manage to waste a full magazine to kill two guys armed with pistols?
>>
>>51724289
>only 2 limos
Two Aztechnology Strikers, 2 anti-vehicle rockets, 2 guys who can actually make the shot and a few more guys to spray the entire secure package with APDS rounds from heavy machine guns.
>>
File: Micro Missile.png (11KB, 548x210px) Image search: [Google]
Micro Missile.png
11KB, 548x210px
>>51724449
How many weapons experts do you have in your group, anon? Easier for the rigger to just outfit the car with rockets and have some drones shoot everything, rather than expecting everyone to have Heavy Weapons.
>>
>>51724289
Long range sniper set up at the very top with APDS rounds to cover the team.
One Matrix to shutdown the car and lock down any doors or escapes.
One or two foot mobiles coming down to get the exec. One awakened to deal with any nasty surprises, the other a Sam who can take a few hits.
>>
I have but a simple dream, my chummers: I want to find the bathrooms of the super rich, the Mr. Johnson's Mr. Johnson, the corp kings and criminal gods - and poop in them.

Live like a king, if only for thirty minutes a run.
>>
>>51724574
>How many weapons experts do you have in your group, anon?
A group that can be reasonably expected to brute force a motorcade like that needs at least 4 heavy weapons experts, plus a rigger in a t-bird ready to pursue if the target escapes the initial ambush.
>drones
A good supplement, but too fragile to replace a competent metahuman.
>>
>>51724289
Explosive. If explosive does not work, more explosive.
>>
>>51722336
It's bad.
>>
>>51724947
>T-Bird
>4 Heavy Weapons experts.
That's out of the reach of even a prime Runner team. A T-Bird is several million nuyen + the lifestyle to maintain it. Same for the Heavy Weapons, those are illegal so you better have a safe and quiet place for em'
>>
>>51725767
Why is it bad?
>>
I vaguely remember exosuits existing in previous editions. Am I just imagining things, and if they were a thing what ever happened to them?
>>
>>51725927
See milspec armor. In 5e you can find them in run and gun. I hear there isn't as many fun things you can do with them as 4e.
>>
>>51725839
Frankly, you will not need all those skills. The ceiling of skills at chargen means that you will be putting points in skills you don't really care about just to spend your excess points, on stuff that could cost 10 Karma total.
>>
>>51725807
Yeah, but they're doing a corp assassination run, I'm sure Mr. Johnson is willing to put up some assistance for the job if it means Shiawise's Head of Johnsons is offed.
>>
>>51725927
4e at least had the MilSpec armor and the Iron Will exoskeleton

>Iron Will: Iron Will is an exoskeleton used to augment
the user’s strength for laborious tasks. It is 2.5 meters tall
and weighs 200 kg. It has no autonomy, nor was it built
for any remote piloting. When worn, treat the wearer’s
strength as 8, but reduce their agility by 1. Iron Will can be
treated as a vehicle for upgrades.

IRON WILL
Handl Accel Speed Pilot Body Arm Sens Avail Cost
+0 —/— 0 0 6 4 1 14 3,500¥

As with most good stuff 5e didn't take them
>>
>>51726013
So basically drop skills down, and do what? Just bump Nuyen?
>>
>>51726115
What is it you need? What's your charconcept?
>>
>>51726148
Group is currently an Ork Street Sam, a Human Healer Mage/Support, a Human Face/Combat Mage, and a Human Decker, so I'm trying to find something that'll fit with the party and isn't a Decker. I've been thinking of making a second sam, but I keep just smashing against a wall trying to get a concept to stay solid in my mind.

I've wanted to make something that'll use the FN Praetor 93, because I'm one of those degenerate P90fags, but I have difficulty really justifying using it since it seems somewhat worthless compared to most other options.
>>
>>51726193
How about a Submachinegun Adept with the Praetor?
>>
>>51726193
Really, despite all of /srg/'s focus on minmaxing, it doesn't take too much push to make a character effective in their specialty. This is particularly true in combat, where there are tons of free dice to be found. A Praetor will do one damage worse than an AK-97, and two damage worse than an Ares Alpha, but you can at least hide it better.
>>
Today, Mr. Johnson has a job for you.

What is it, /srg/?
>>
>>51726745
Using this https://neverengine.wordpress.com/2016/08/17/espionage-mission-generator/

8 Rescue Target, 96 A direct Assault, 35 A City..?, 37 Mercenaries, 43-90 Torturer, 32 Reconissance, Troop Details, 60 A magical Item

He has to rescue the absolutely stunning yet dark daughter of the mayor from the evil human supremacist gang lead by a mercenary from... I dunno Russia I guess. He finds the bad guy's weakness from his chief torturer that has learned the error of his ways.
>>
File: Sharpe Love For A Whore.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
Sharpe Love For A Whore.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>>51726745
His daughter is going out with some hood. Mr. Johnson has tolerated her youthful indiscretions so far, but he heard the boy is planning to propose tonight, and that simply won't do. Stop it from going forward, ideally in such a way that the daughter never knows about her father's involvement and blames the boy for breaking her heart.
>>
File: tumblr_nxqx73jJxS1qgg14zo2_540.jpg (104KB, 540x635px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxqx73jJxS1qgg14zo2_540.jpg
104KB, 540x635px
>>51726868
>I'm currently playing a former joygirl

This will be milk.
>>
File: Smite EVIL.jpg (91KB, 283x401px) Image search: [Google]
Smite EVIL.jpg
91KB, 283x401px
>>51727275
>trying to destroy true love with your vagina

Begone, spawn of Satan.
>>
>>51726745
Your Fixer tells you a J wants a team with matrix and investigatory skills to meet him in the High Rollers Club, floor 32 of the city's casino, VIP only. He'll be eating a steak, in a suit, with about six broads next to him. You arrive, he buys you all a real meal and each two hookers, one each with a hand on their shotgun.

Today, Mr. Johnson wants to know what the fuck is going on with his wireless servers. His spiders are getting iced at random and their decks are too corrupted to read anything off them. Yesterday a key part of his matrix infrastructure glitched hard enough to melt the fucking internals red-hot. Doesn't look like an AI was trying to cram itself in, either. Given that he's hiring you, it's safe to say that his organization's troubles are something wanted off the books. He hands you one of the fried decks, still sparking, and your party's techno starts sweating. AROs coming off of it are purple and black and seem to be fragments of AROs rather than proper ones.
>>
What are you wishing for there to be in 6e?
>inb4 better editing
>>
I ran Food Fight today. It was fun.

>>51728825
Pegasus as the publisher.
>>
>>51728825
The Line Manager to be shot.
>>
Should I bother with Focused Concentration?
>>
File: 1411397240480.jpg (361KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1411397240480.jpg
361KB, 1920x1200px
>>51728825
More lore books. Third edition had a dozen splats that went into more detail on major cities, organizations, and places of interest all around the world. Fourth ed got Sixth World Almanac which was also okay, and the Fifth just got nothing, leaving players to grasp autistically at details scattered around mission books, slipped in between pages upon pages of mary-sues jerking themselves off.
>>
>>51729511
It's helpful to have a sustaining focus which is universal across spell types and can't be taken by someone or weakened by background count. Plus, it's 4 karma per rating, which is 8000 nuyen per rating. Not a bad deal for what you get, if you have enough karma.
>>
>>51728847
>Pegasus as the publisher.

Speaking of which, what books are planned for this year? I know about State of the Art: AGS with new equipment, magic(cal traditions), vehicles and critters, and about fluff books for Berlin, Austria and the SOX.

Anything else?
>>
>>51714033
One of my characters is matrix illiterate and has a Food Blogger as a contact to do data searches/photoshops and the like for her. Said Food Blogger is paying off restaurant costs and having a near-max-rating taste booster installed via Sixth-World Patreon, eating out at fancy restaurants with a Sim Rig turned on, narrating the experience and offering her own thoughts and feelings on the food, and letting people vicariously enjoy expensive cuisine through her as SIM files.

I always was really interested in the concept of being able to share tastes over the internet, and it was a cool bit of fluff for yet-another-hacker contact. Having the ability to run dessert sims and foodgasm on command was neat, too.
>>
>>51714657
Why?
the Sixth World is still pretty fucked up, I don't think every little detail needs to be dystopian 'And everyone was miserable forever'.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 615x913px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 615x913px
I need a bunch of .chum5 files of adepts with qi foci for a thing. Please forward anything you have to [email protected] or upload to file.io or nya.is or something.
>>
>>51724185
>what the fuck is a dog going to climb?
Everything!
>>
>>51724333
>Oh shit, a dude with an automatic rifle and body armor is shooting at us!
>Better get outside, squat in the open with no cover whatsoever and fire blindly
Shit bodyguard is shit.
>>
>>51726193
It's not really worthless but dangerous to have one if your GM runs the game according to fluff.
And it looks like your group could use another combatant at least.
>>51726115
You can never have too much attributes or edge, chummer.
>>
>>51730083
Is this shooped?
>>
>>51731242
doesn't look like it
why?
>>
>>51731279
Because it looks like that person is standing on top of a lava cave that looks like it's made from twisted human bodies turned to stone. Looks like an album cover
>>
>>51731344
ehh, I can see something vaguely humanoid, but calling that human bodies takes some intense imagination
>>
>>51726745
Actually, game night is tomorrow, but what I've heard so far from the fixer is that it's going to be a simple destruction job, and that's great, because
>A) the group has been playing it a little too black trenchcoat to keep me from getting bored and taking initiative on my own
>B) we always end going pink mohawk, and not just because of yours truly

>>51727574
Hey man, a shadowrunner's gotta do what a shadowrunner's gotta do. If you're not okay with ruining people's dreams and happiness, then look for another career.
>>
>>51714033
>Soypizza
What even is that supposed to be? It's not like pizza is a meat product, what the hell are they replacing?
>>
>>51717068
Or an AI. 24 pistols out or chargen, easy.
>>
>>51731823
>what the hell are they replacing?
Everything that isn't soy-based.
>>
>>51731823
Soy is used to replace a LOT of shit in dystopian shadowfuture because it's a nutritionally complete food(?) which means you don't die if you eat only/mostly soy. So anything that's hard to grow or produce? Fuck it, Soy now.

The pizza crust is probably fine (grains are easy to grow in huge quantities) but the tomato sauce, the cheese, the vegetables? Probably soy-based substitutes.
>>
>>51731823
chummer, even now, IRL not all the cheese on your pizza is REAL cheese
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese_analogue
Just imagine that extended to the rest
>>
File: 1446986235515.jpg (41KB, 250x362px) Image search: [Google]
1446986235515.jpg
41KB, 250x362px
Why is the standard for chargen runners set so high? What kind of games are people playing where the bar for entry is 20+ dice?
>>
>>51579756

alright guys, second verse same as the first. lets see what you got.
>>
>>51731893

Genuine Imitation Pasteurized Process Cheese Food Product Substitute.

Let's break down the layers on that

>Cheese
Cheese

>Pasteurized Process Cheese food product
Fake Cheese

>Imitation Pasteurized Process Cheese Food Product
Fake fake cheese

>Genuine Imitation Pasteurized Process Cheese Food Product Substitute.
A substitute for fake fake cheese. That is somehow 'genuine'.
>>
>>51731920
>What kind of games are people playing where the bar for entry is 20+ dice?
?
The usual stuff discussed here is the 12/8/4 or alternatively the 12/9/6 rule
12+ dice in your specialty should be enough
20+ sure is nice but not necessary
>>
>>51731920
High powered ones?
I dunno. I put the cap for dice pools around 20 in my own games, 12 is a good pool, 8-10 is good for a side skill. 4-5 is a good tertiary ability.
>>
>>51731955
sometimes when you make something fake enough it turns into the real stuff
or at least most people will think it's more the real than the stuff it's imitating. See the coconut effect
>>
>>51731955
>>51731982
At some point you have to wonder how many Americans have gone their entire lives without eating cheese and never realized it.
>>
>>51731995

>Eat cheese whole life.

>Cheese pizza. Cheese burger. Chilli Cheese Dog.

>Get told that all the cheese is fake, or worse

>Always thought it tasted alright

>Be determined to actually try REAL cheese.

>Have to spend half my savings to get a real block of cheese

>Take weekend off to enjoy this block of edible gold.

>Make a Cheeseburger of the gods.

>wtf.trid

>What is this disgusting Bovine mammary fluid, curdled by stomach enzymes, and injected with mold?

>Go back to old fake cheese, knowing my whole life is a lie.
>>
Um, so the Speed value of a vehicle isn't the MAX speed, right? Because then most cars would top out around ~30 mph. The Speed stat is like how fast you can go before you start having to make rolls.

I know that it's not the max speed, because that would be stupid. But I can't find anything in the 5e rules that say otherwise. Could someone point me to the page?
>>
>>51732603

Don't use 5e rules. They were implimented behind the back of the guy who made the vehicle rules, without consulting or informing the guy who made the vehicle rules.

Go to the Rigger 5 for any rules involving vehicle speed, even if you use nothing else.
>>
File: 1479977248682.jpg (139KB, 900x1286px) Image search: [Google]
1479977248682.jpg
139KB, 900x1286px
>>51732676
What page are they on? I wanted to tell that chummer the same thing you did, but I'm having a stroke apparently because I can't find it in the Maximum Pursuit section of R5.
>>
>>51726868
H-h-hey now, some of us chummers are the degenerate hoods dating the Johnson's daughter. Don't go supportin' killin' folk who just want to fill a corpgirls wishes of meetin' a real man
>>
>>51733257
Look, I'd a fuck a corpgirl too if I got the chance, but I'm not going to turn down the chance to fuck up a snot-nosed ganger kid AND get paid for it.
>>
File: nsDfvF1.jpg (38KB, 587x612px) Image search: [Google]
nsDfvF1.jpg
38KB, 587x612px
>>51733257
>killin' folk
>implying I'm not gonna fuck him in ways that will ruin him for other girls.
>>
>>51733326
>they fall for you
>they run away from home to be with you
>youd kick em to the curb but the pussy is too good
>and you might love them
>Dependent (Lazy Corpgirl GF)
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>51733362
>hand careers
>>
>>51733362
Hey, that's your plan. My plan is to beat/stab/shoot him in front of her while yelling about how he thinks he can get away with fucking my sister. I don't even think I'd have to make any roles to deceive her in that case...
>>
>>51726868
Fuck the girl better. Thats three problems solved
>>
>>51731920
Because you have to be good enough to run against Corpsec.
You should have one skill very specialized at 16-18. The rest should be under.
>>
>>51733820
If a team is in a firefight with corpsec then they fucked up. Why build for getting into fights you shouldn't even be going into, let alone win?
>>
>>51734032
When I mean Corpsec I mean all of their security, passive, matrix, astral and physical.

The Streetsam in your team should be the only one with 16-18 dice and he should be your last contingency. A decker, mage, B&E or Face with 16-18 dice in their primary skill is a must.
>>
>>51734032

I meant "The Streetsam in your team should be the only one with 16-18 dice in combat skills"
my bad
>>
>>51728998
>wasting the bullet on Hardy

Just send him to white collar jail for his role in the embezzlement
>>
File: tn_posted-on-shock-mansion-433.jpg (112KB, 550x911px) Image search: [Google]
tn_posted-on-shock-mansion-433.jpg
112KB, 550x911px
>>51733362
Topkek
>>
File: 5yT1d18.jpg (53KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
5yT1d18.jpg
53KB, 640x960px
>>51728825
Better rules for modifying vehicles/drones off the bat. A universal system that applies to both with simple, straightforward rules; doesn't need a bunch of the accessories in core, but we shouldn't have to wait for Rigger 6 for basic shit like 'make car go faster'.
>>
File: 1377751553201.gif (2MB, 299x204px) Image search: [Google]
1377751553201.gif
2MB, 299x204px
>>51719398
There's a number of cases already. AFAIK it's not actually complicated.

A lot of things I can think of feed into it:
You have no expectation of privacy in your backyard from overhead air craft.
You have no control of the airspace over your property (or above 300', at least)
Shooting a drone is destruction of property.
Shooting most things capable of taking out the drones might be illegal, even if you don't live in a city, there's usually laws against shooting firarms into the air, and shooting too close to neighboring houses.

>mfw there's actually a good part about living underneath an airport landing approach now that there are drones spying on people. The airport tower won't let anyone fly a drone in this corridor and anyone that does gets seriously slapped down.
>>
Hey guys!
Does anyone have a link to a SH 5e rulebook?
I want to play it but Id like to give it a spin before buying the book, since Im a bit low on funds ATM
Not sure if this against the rules to ask since I'm new to TG
>>
>>51734439
Check the pastebin, chummer.
>>
>>51734439
Assuming SH was meant to be SR, the pastebin in the OP has a link to a mediafire with all the rulebooks.
>>
>>51734439
Definitely don't check the OP for links.
>>
>>51729776
A campaign book is also planned.
>>
>>51734460
>>51734462
>>51734463
Ill have to get my chromosomes counted out
Thanks guys!
>>
>>51734476
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1q2F_18cjg
>>
Two capacity left in my rat shaman's cyberarm with a shotgun... what else should I add?
>>
>>51734570
Commlink? Datajack? Hidden compartment for snacks? Ammo port? shock hand? power focus built into the arm? Enhanced agility? Autoinjector full of cram? Hidden compartment full of rats?
>>
>>51734570
It's hard to go wrong with +2 armor that stacks with everything.
>>
File: 1484548123488.jpg (265KB, 1280x889px) Image search: [Google]
1484548123488.jpg
265KB, 1280x889px
Are decker/wheelman/gunbunny combos in the vein of Wildcard of SR Storytime fame still doable in 5e?
>>
>>51734665
Not so much anymore now that hacking actually requires an investment.
You can make an AR based hacker that can also shoot and drive competently, but you'll be spread fairly thin.
>>
>>51734684
What if i cut out the shooting?
>>
>>51734648
if my shotgun is a winchester 201 in my arm, would an ammo port increase my clip size? Give me a clip size?
>>
>>51734824
Unrelated but same guy... any one-handed shotguns?
>>
>>51728825
Bring back in-depth gear customization.

Reduced costs of 'ware, in pretty much all categories. Nuyen, Essence, and Avail.

Unfuck combat mages a bit, because as-is, there's no reason to ever do one over just being lolmindfuck the faggot brainomancer.

Abolish the priority system, make Sum To Ten the default.

Lower the necessary priority of metatypes other than Human/Elf, because as it is, it's too expensive to ever make them.

Fix the goddamn rewards table finally.
>>
File: Peach.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Peach.pdf
1B, 486x500px
Monkey samurai. R8/H8
>>
>>51735052
needs an initiative booster, you're not even guaranteed a second pass. You should probably cut back on skills to get more 'ware it's easier to gain skills post character creation than cyberware, especially when you cyberdoc is connection 1, they ain't sourcing any fancy toys for you. Though if you redo your skills, might be an idea to up perception, 6 is dicey any negatives and you're in catastrophic fuck up town, for a skill that important you probably want at least an 8, though you could compensate with cyberware/gear.
>>
>>51728825
Include Sum To Ten *and* PACKS in the core rulebook.

Change background counts/noise/environmental modifiers to function as a limit penalty, rather than a dice pool penalty.

Bring standard metatypes, metavariants, metasapients, shapeshifters, changelings, [et fucking cetera] into line, power wise - both initial and scaling. Drakes and AIs included. Apparently they need special mention for CGL to not repeatedly fuck their rules up.

Ditto for awakened and augmented.

No "balancing" character options against "your character may randomly die", "your character will certainly be killed if discovered", or "you can have a bounty on your head, or a mild allergy".

25 karma of negative qualities should push the GM to provide said character with an equal amount of bad juju, regardless of whether it's one quality or twenty five.
>>
Restricted Gear.

What's it actually worth it for?

What gear is justifiable to grab with it?
>>
>>51736547
Pain Editor. Maybe Synaptic Boosters 3.
>>
>>51736547
If whatever you want to obtain costs less than 100.000 nuyen, don't bother, you'll get it during gameplay.
>>
>>51736721
Why 100k?
>>
File: 1486450545787.jpg (309KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1486450545787.jpg
309KB, 2480x3508px
>>51736547
Pain Editor, Synaptic 3 (debatable), Move-by-Wire 3 or MbW 2 Alpha.
For awakened users:
Biggest Powerfocus you can bind
Biggest Weaponfocus you can bind
Monowhip Weapon Focus (slapping with Mayan Edition of CB will follow)
>>
>>51736733
It's a guideline, not a strict limit, about where you'll really start to hesitate between multiple small updates or keep hoarding for a single big one.

If you are willing to pay the karma tax, it's way better to get the most expensive piece of gear with RG, not the hardest one to find. Just bugger your face and throw more money at the problem during gameplay when you want a hard to find but (relatively) cheap piece of gear.
>>
File: 1450047766708.jpg (55KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450047766708.jpg
55KB, 600x600px
>>51724057

Thats the point - everyone, including world leaders, are genuinely terrified of nuclear weapons.

I would say that ISIS is too, but I don't even believe ISIS believes their own bullshit, likely instead its a honeypot run by sane rational people getting paid money to destabilize Israels enemies.
>>
>>51736803
Is Move-by-wire that much better than Wired Reflexes? MbW is invasive as heck. And gives only +1 die to initiative, thought the flat init bonus is hefty.
>>
>>51737114
'Free' skillwires is the major benefit.
>>
>>51737114
Its invasive, yes, but its also pretty cheap so you can easily afford Alphaware for Rating II, you get Skillwires for free.
"only" getting + 1 Die to initative is actually pretty good since you can pop Drugs.
Pop some funstuff like accelerator or one of the other combat drugs and you have your hefty base ini + an additional 3-5 D6.

I posted a non-onetrick pony Char a few threads ago.
Chargen legal, 20something + 5D6 INI.
Its fun.
>>
>>51714033
Hey geeks of all shapes and sizes.

I need some help creating a character on the mechanical side of things.

I want to make a Burnout Adept with 4 cyber-limbs. How do I go about that? Consider this a challenge.
>>
>>51737163
Addendum:
Regarding the invasiveness:

Wired Reflexes 2 Standard: 149 000 Nuyen, 2.7 Essence, +2 + 2 D6 INI
Move-By-Wire II Alpha: 150 000 Nuyen, 2.8 Essence, + 2 + 6 + 1D6 INI

Rating 3 normal Versions of both have actually the same Essence cost.
Shame they are so rare (Availabilty 24) that you can't get R3 MbW Alphaware at chargen, even with Restricted Gear.
>>
>>51737184
This seems mechanically VERY suboptimal. Its possible, but you'll be losing 4 levels of MAG from the pseudo-alphagrade limbs alone, leaving you unable to get two levels of increased reflexes.
Don't see much use in going for an adept there, except if you really plan on long-term advancement.
Aspected Magician (lowest awakened priority possible besides Adept) on the other hand might offer some interesting options. This way, you can at least throw some flashy fireballs from your cyberlimbs and utilize spells that don't need many hits, eg Levitate.
>>
>>51737220
I mean yeah, I KNOW it's atrociously sub-optimal.

But if someone wanted to do that, for story reasons (sometimes your Adept loses all their limbs...), how would they go about it?
>>
>>51737254
Anon, it's okay to say you just want a fucknugget.
>>
>>51737184
Add Biocompatability: Cyberware and cybertorso to the mix. Pimp the fuck out of that capacity. Get a metric ton of armor and be FUCKING INVINCIBLE.
>>
>>51737571
>Cybertorso
Always a shitty idea.
You can put everything you could put into the capacity of your Cybertorso directly into your flesh and still pay less essence.

>>51737254
Eh, let me take a look, I'm bored to hell anyway atm and there is nothing going on that needs my attention.
>>
>>51737639
>Eh, let me take a look, I'm bored to hell anyway atm and there is nothing going on that needs my attention.

Thank you! I love playing around in Chummer, but this seems like it requires a hand more deft than mine.
>>
File: chummer fucked up.jpg (109KB, 1172x741px) Image search: [Google]
chummer fucked up.jpg
109KB, 1172x741px
>>51737703
seems it may take a will, at least until i get home in a few hours.

Yekka, chummer fucked up totally, pic related.
Tried deleting it, but even that&redownloading it or an older version doesn't help.
If i click on that list i have to items, clicking on the lower crashes it.
>>
>>51737771
That'll probably be my fault, I was tinkering with requirementsmet and didn't super test it properly. Hang on.
>>
File: tumblr_ol7co1FeGN1si96eio7_1280.jpg (605KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol7co1FeGN1si96eio7_1280.jpg
605KB, 1280x853px
>>51737771
Hurp. Yes, sorry. New nightly should compile in ~10 minutes.
>>
So, I have been toying with the idea of "Temporal ID". Basically Fake SINs, but made it so they work in very specific situations and for a limited time, made with the Forgery Skill.

They would simply be made through some small abuse on the system, one that is patched quickly, but it would let High Cha/Log characters a boost in the ways they can pass through security. It wouldn't be a free pass, since the SINs have an expiration timer that starts as soon as they are done, based on the amount of hits they made. They would also require a base to copy and 'alter' from.

I haven't really found Forgery useful in most of the games I've been, since everything can be boiled down to digital checking, makes the whole skill useless for the most common idea most players would have.
>>
>>51737842
>I haven't really found Forgery useful in most of the games I've been
That's because your players aren't trying to scam high-end art collectors.
>>
File: 2cmpvgj.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
2cmpvgj.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>51737639
>You can put everything you could put into the capacity of your Cybertorso directly into your flesh and still pay less essence.
>with biocompatability and Burnout Way
>>
Practically speaking, is there any situation in which dual-wielding is ever useful, for any reason?

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=11965.0

Your weapons are ~~~magically~~~ incapable of firing at a single target together, you split your dicepool, you effectively double all penalties, you double all recoil, and to do it without taking even MORE penalties you need to burn quality points on it.

In what situation is it ever worth it? Is it worth changeing?
>>
>>51737897
He's not wrong. Getting Cybertorso is essentially just an additional purchase, you might as well just skip past it and get what you want.

If it's just armor you might as well just... Get some armor.
>>
>>51737220
>Its possible, but you'll be losing 4 levels of MAG from the pseudo-alphagrade limbs alone
You can drop that to 2 with Priority D Adept, or 1 with Karmagen provided you don't mind spending a week to buy up Magic 1.
>>
>>51737897
>doubt
No doubt, just do the fucking math.
calculating this isn't to hard.
And Biocomp/Burnout do nothing in this equation, since they grant their reduction to both the cybertorso and the ware you could simply just stick into yourself directly.
>>
>>51737913
I'm very much convinced that no (or very few) GM would allow this type of cheesing at the table, so I'll keep it a bit less dirty.
>>
>>51737907
>when is it usefull

When you are carrying a gun that doesn't have burst capabilities and still want to attack multiple enemies with one attack, e.g. Dual Warhawk.
>>
>>51737965
There's no cheese to it. You simply don't buy Magic ranks during chargen.
>>
Fresh bread
>>51738068
>>51738068
>>51738068
>>
>>51738020
Its still cheesing around since you play tricks with the "my magic rating can never go into the negatives" rules part, that allows you to buy up your Magic to 1 from 0 despite actually having lost so much essence that you should be in the negatives regarding Magic.
It might be rules legal, its still a way of doing stuff that was in my opinion not intended this way.
Feel free to disagree.
>>
>>51738087
I will.

Magic reduced by Essence cost is an effect, not a cost in itself.
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.