[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k Roleplay General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 40

File: Catholic Space Nazis.jpg (71KB, 383x498px) Image search: [Google]
Catholic Space Nazis.jpg
71KB, 383x498px
"Your lore ends where my feelings begin" Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk. Inquisitor is okay, but not many people know about it.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Why did FFG lose the 40k RPG License?
Because they were bought by Asmodee and that caused some sort of licensing conflict.

>Will GW make their own 40k RPGs now?
Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than you could possibly imagine.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.15) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w1d6aq5cdr6anmh

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.13) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d28i243u2k7di3z

As a GM, what was the greatest "deal" or agreement you've gotten your players to accept? As a player, what was the greatest deal or agreement you've ever made, and with who? Did it have unforeseen consequences?

Prev: >>51621747
>>
Techpriests > psykers
>>
Are there rules for man-portable multilas that aren't hilariously OP (the one in Only War hits basically as hard as a meltagun, at much longer ranges)?
>>
>>51697678

There's nothing wrong with multilasers. If anything, it's the melta that's too weak.
>>
>>51697800
>There's nothing wrong with multilasers
C.S. Goto identified
>>
>>51697674
my nigga
praise the Omnissiah
>>
File: imperialknght.png (493KB, 528x365px) Image search: [Google]
imperialknght.png
493KB, 528x365px
How would you build an Imperial Knight pilot in Rogue Trader? Any good Imperial Knight homebrews?
>>
Amy advies for running a Corsair game? An Eldar only rogue trader game essentially. I already have a good homebrew, I just need some good and juicy story ideas.
>>
>>51698632
Check out The Fringe is Yours and [Chivalry Intensifies] in the Homebrew megafolder.
>>
>>51698632
>>51698750

Can people PLEASE stop with the cringey snowflake games
>>
>>51697678
They shred infantry, really lightly armored vehicles, and not much else.
>>
>>51699371
Pretty much a step down from being a Rogue Trader, Inquisitor or affiliated with them.
>>
>>51699600
I think you replied to the wrong post.
>>
>>51699341
>>51699600
>>
>>51698632
We have Scout Titan rules, probably scale that back somewhat I guess.
>>
>>51698950

I just want to say that these are both really good, but they appeal to different audiences. You really need to look through them to see which fits your style.
>>
>players find a cube of xenos origin
>it's a tesseract guys!

there are thousands of alien civilisations who have different cubes for different things.
>>
>>51701167
Just make it a Halo Device, see how that works out for the PC.
>>
For the anon who offered me a deathwatch session in the last thread
Broly218 - #2438
>>
>>51697631
In my current campaign, I'm playing an uplifted physically taken to space Xurnish warlord. His name is MOL'KOR, LEADER OF HOUSE OF WOLVES.

It's been a fucking blast, like simple things, such as figuring out how doors work and have another player attempt to explain the concept of electricity to me.

Primitives are hilarious to play, especially for the GM having to deal with. There was a speaker in the wall, and I referred to it as a "wall spirit".
>>
How do you handle players being lost in the warp?

In my last Rogue Trader session, a duplicate of the party's ship arrived at their destination 16 hours before they did, so they blew up their doppleganger's warp drives to prevent any sort of paradox. Unfortunately, they were sucked into the ensuing warp rift created by the destruction of the drives.

My plan was to send the ship in a random direction on a warp jump while requiring tests for navigation (warp) forbidden lore (warp) pilot (spacecraft) etc. with successes meaning the random jump is made shorter and failures making it longer. Once they emerge, they will have to figure out their position and try to navigate back "off-road" so to speak, with no warp charts to work off of. High likelyhood that they will get lost or off track at some point.
>>
>>51702932
Have them appear sixteen hours back and have to keep their own dudes from blowing up their warp drive.
>>
>>51703036
This right here, anon.
>>
File: This Nigga P'orc.png (20KB, 334x370px) Image search: [Google]
This Nigga P'orc.png
20KB, 334x370px
>>51703036
>>
What is the best way to play a Possessed World Eaters Space Marine?
>>
>>51703036
this is a great idea, but there's a consistency problem. They blew up their warp drives by teleporting the arch-militant in along with some macrobattery ammunition on a suicide mission to blow the drives. While setting up, he was forced to fight off his duplicate who came to stop him. He died in the ensuing warp drive explosion (the player had lost his character sheet and decided he'd rather make a new guy than try and re-write everything from memory). If they have to fend themselves off, who was the duplicate who came to stop him? The player was open to burning fate points for the chance that his character's soul survived in the warp and reappears at some point, so perhaps i could explain it with that somehow?
>>
>>51703901
Batshit crazy about Chaos and loving every second of it.
>>
>>51703901
Besides as an insane, 200% angry killing machine of daemon flesh and metal?
>>
>>51703901
uhh...
roll a dice on how many people are in your vicinity, attack the person that the number reflects
>>
I'm not very well versed in SoB weapons, do SoB bolters come in combi?
>>
>>51702812
What is he, a space wolf?
>>
>>51703955
Make it not a perfect loop, but cyclical somehow. The Warp does as it pleases.

They destroyed the earlier copy of the ship via Warp-fuckery, thus erasing it from the timeline, and the Warp decides to substitue it with their own ship.
>>
>>51703955
It's Chaos, you don't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>51699341
>Stop having fun with your make-pretend games that take place in your head
>>
>>51698750
What ideas do you have at the moment?
Cool eldar things:
>Craftworld politics (we'll take you in for repairs but touch anything and we'll kick you out)
>DEldar exchanges (ranging from The Dark Kin and some Sslyth cronies attack your fleet to they team up with you to loot an Imperial cruiser to they challenge you to a race, and the wager is your canteen crew)
>Teaming up with an Rogue Trader, but having to keep it on the down low when the Inquisitor visits
>Exodites need saving from asshole colonists
>Ancient Eldar Ruins/Crone World that yield unbelievable artifacts
>>
>>51705744
Some are missions on the payroll of a local craftworld.
>attack a planet to wipe out the Chaos cult that took root and grab the corrupted artifact and return it for cleansing.
>Fight a rogue trader who is using soulstones as decoration and take them back.
>clear out a genestealer cult on a human world.
>defend an Exodite world.

And then just stuff they can do for themselves.
>grow in size and power through besting and incorporating other Corsair fleets.
>raid the sector and take everything that's worth taking.
>fight the Deathwatch kill-teams and Imperial assasins sent after them.
>>
>>51705411
They can if you make the influence test, but not at base.
>>51694870
No.
>>51697631
I had a new player who happened to pick a psyker accept a Dark Pact.
Shenanigans ensued.
>>
File: images (7).jpg (20KB, 383x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
20KB, 383x384px
Hey 40k roleplaying general, I've popped in the last few days asking about making my first character in DH2E. I'm looking at adeptus sororitas/seeker and I've asked what home world I should use over the last few days, and I only have like 2 months before I leave the state, so I'm trying to figure out if I want to play a melee sister of battle or try to focus on the things the seeker is good at like inquiry, awareness, tech and whatnot. So I would like to ask what you guys recommend with one player wanting to ride around on a attack bike with 2 pistols and has no idea about anything in the 40k, another player who thinks he can be the designated tank driver at all times and knows nothing about 40k, and the third player being vaguely aware about 40k but no idea what to play. So that leaves me as the only person who knows anything about 40k. We're all coming off DnD 3.5 murderhobo campaign so everyone is in that mindset, so I was thinking I might take the initiative and try and take some skills to help in the investigating and subterfuge portion of the game, but I also want to be a sister and take an eviscerator and cleave people in two
>>
>>51707109
If you want to murderhobo, go melee. If you want to play DH the way it's written, get investigation skills and be the sole beacon of rationality in a party of retards.
>>
>>51707109
>I want to play a melee sister of battle or try to focus on the things the seeker is good at like inquiry, awareness, tech and whatno
You can easily do both.
The secret to DH is being able to do 2 things very well. For example, I had an arbitrator who was good at shooty, had fantastic social skills AND was smart as a whip.
Further, despite what some people imply, you don't need to double down on every aptitude to have a successful character.
Seeker alone gives you many of the things you need in order to succeed in a social sense.
With Adepta Sororitas, double up on the Social aptitude, replace it with Weapon Skill.
Pick something like Shrine World, Agri World, something that has a bonus you can use in the long run, or another doubled aptitude so you can pick up Toughness/Strength/Willpower.
Bam, you have a strong social character who is more than capable of being choppy AND pursuing intellectual matters.
>>
Does the Foreboding psyker power skirt Inescapable Attack's penalties given that it is not an Evasion action, but replaces it with another action?
>>
>Ministorum shotgun-pope Seeker
>Blank Arbites Crusader from a feudal world
>Techpriest Sage with a Biologos fixation
>IG warrior in over his head

Are they going to start a four-man crusade on me?
>>
>>51707315
>>51707223
I'll be sure to take both things into consideration and see what I can come up with
>>
>>51699341
What, and play another rogue trader game with boring old humans?
>>
>>51701167
Make it just a floating rubic cube, that'll teach em.
>>
>>51708254

If that is what the system is designed to do. Would you try to run cyberpunk in Golden sky stories? Why ruin a system with something it's not supposed to do?
>>
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1481155118893.webm

Do the sisters really hate the Space Marines?
>>
>>51709428
Sisters can be anything from very nice to fellow soliders to very suspicious and all "Trust no one."

For many the space marines are the greatest the imperium has to offer (as far as they know) but with a signifigantly higher fall rate compared to the Sister's One.

Also given the reg creation table implies sisters are very "The human form is divine, it is a sin to change it" and that Space marines ARE heavily modified... You can see where the hate comes from.

But Im sure some are less crazy then others.
>>
>>51709507
>"The human form is divine, it is a sin to change it"

How is that reconciled with The Emperor being 200ft tall?
>>
>>51709535
Same way they reconcile Psykers being bad and the Emps being a Psyker.

Ignorant hypocrisy
>>
How do non-Tech Priest characters fit into choosing the Forge World homeworld for Rogue Trader?
>>
>>51707701
they sound normal. for acolytes.
>>
>>51709122
Becuase the 40k roleplay system works well for running 40k. Just need to make a few changes and we're playing as a Corsair captain and his crew.
>>
File: 1275124790006.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1275124790006.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>51709122
>the very first RT splatbook came with xenos pc's
>one of the official adventures gives rules for dark eldar pc's
>another official supplement gives rules for tau pc's
>RT is not supposed to run xenos pc's

Anon, if you're going to tell someone they're having BADWRONGFUN and that it triggers you, atleast have something to stand on.
>>
>>51709428
Well, in one hand they're angels of the Emperor and carry some of His divine genome in them, but on the other they don't follow the Imperial Creed and the SoBs must have a lot of clashes with marines.
So I'd say it depends on the order/circumstances. SoB probably like burging witches alongside Black Templars, but there's probably a couple orders whose motto is "Minotaurs and Red Scorpions are unavailable, grab your meltas".
>>
>>51709631
Lower classes who weren't deemed worthy of the Omnissiah's gifts.

Communities formed around trading hubs or IG officer schools that teach tech use to off-worlders

Exiles or criminals using the world's preference of the Omnissiah over the Emperor to build a life beyond the reach of the Arbites

etc.
>>
>>51698750
The only thing I can think of at the moment is basically an inversion of a RT game I'm planning now. Except you play as the bad guys (i.e the Eldar) The plot is basically stolen outright from Hellboy 2, because it's such a useful plot structure.
>>
>>51709552
>>51709535
Baseless lies. The Emperor is a God, how dare you compare him to some pityful mortal witches.
>>
>>51709716
Guess some people don't want to play Eldar space pirates and murderfuck their way across the universe.
>>
File: 1485834018117.jpg (158KB, 403x877px) Image search: [Google]
1485834018117.jpg
158KB, 403x877px
>>51709867
Some people just don't want to be Princes of the Universe, Anon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ1WyBGG_Vw
>>
File: epic DH story bro.png (72KB, 705x300px) Image search: [Google]
epic DH story bro.png
72KB, 705x300px
You ever heard of a more LULZY campaign?
>>
>>51707355
Bumping this.
>>
>>51710367
I think I'm in that game. The way that guy misrepresented it... whoah. It's like, he exaggerates what was just a little exaggerated, and then he ignores the parts meant to ground it a bit more.
>>
>>51709535
How do they reconcile with the fact the Exorcist tank is a betrayl of ancient Emperor signed treaties?

If you told them this they'd probably laugh, then when you show them proof they'll walk to a corner, sit down in a corner very quietly and stare at a wall for a few days.
>>
>>51710628
Well that sounds like storytime to me.
>>
>>51711145
Alright.

The Inquisitor suffered a crippling head wound and suffered a mental breakdown after a body-double refused to commit suicide (bomb-collar shorted out). The player taunted and angered the inquisitor until he threatend to do horrible horrible things that would 'make the stars weep blood'.

The Vortex bomb was to be used to take out a possible CSM at large in the city. When one player set off a nuclear reactor they fixed it by throwing in the vortex bomb to suck up the explosion. (and released a minor demon)

The time-breaking happened because one player broke a time-loop on purpose.

His hammer fell through a warp-gate in front of him. Then one opened up next to him. He was supposed to throw his hammer through and close the loop. Instead he threw himself -and- the hammer through. This went about as well as you'd expect and the warp anomalies began to get worse and worse as the players continued to cause paradoxes and generally muck things up. The universe eventually went snap and a good chunk of the Imperium ceased to exist. Then we got the Ordo Chronos killed due to an incident of friendly-fire It eventually ended with a Tzeentchian demon prince from another player's campaign showing up and putting the pieces back together.

It's difficult to describe what happened, not my native language.
>>
>>51711887
That doesnt seem THAT much of a improvement on the competency of your acolytes desu.
>>
>>51711963
The world is sensical and less lulzy, the players are just insanely incompetent.
>>
>>51707355
No as it just gives another evasion option.
>>
File: blogger-image-2123560225.jpg (83KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-2123560225.jpg
83KB, 360x480px
>>
DH2e player here. Is a Daemonbane weapon automatically Sanctified? Does the former make Daemons suffer Critical Effects?
>>
>>51712226
By RAW, no as there is the Ironfaith grenade and psy bolts that give Sanctified and Daemonbane.

By RAI (I hope), it should as Daemonbane is a stronger version of Sanctified.

Needing a special quality to make daemons suffer crit effects is irrelevant as neither the Daemonic nor the Undying traits prevent the one having them from being affected by crits.
>>
>>51712388
IIRC Daemonic says when you hit 0 wounds you disappear into the Warp, which would mean you don't suffer critical damage.

Unless I'm thinking of something else, which is very possible.
>>
I think the idea is that some things designed to destroy demons are not strictly speaking holy, such as certain demonweapons. So those weapons can actually stack.
>>
>>51712627
That is Warp Instability, related to Daemonic, but not the same thing and is a pure weakness.
>>
File: gordon no.png (273KB, 999x1008px) Image search: [Google]
gordon no.png
273KB, 999x1008px
>>51710367
i once ran a campaign where my little shitheads had to assassinate a cult leader that was swaying an important frontier world town to chaos. They couldn't track him, so they decided to blow his brains out at a public rally. they decided this was a good idea despite the numerous local sentries that were stationed on rooftops. the techpriest took out the sentry on thr hotel they were staying in while the other cunts were inside trying to figure out how to use a needle rifle.
snipers start yelling over the comms how one of their own just got killed, so my dickshit cyborg genius goes over the radio with mimic and starts calling out (in the voices of snipers from other rooftops) where the mark is. the snipers end up shooting everybody on every rooftop because they're backwater hicks who fon't know what's going on. tech priest legs it and ends up taking a shot or two before disappearing back into the hotel. it was one of the funniest fucking moments of my entire experience gming and I would never let it happen again.
>>
hello, elegan/t/entlemen, I'm quite used to RT and OW, but I'm invited to play in a BC game with 5K xp allowance.
I'd like to play a Nurgle affiliated psyker. Any special advances , things to take r to avoid to do that, if it is feasible ?
>>
>>51713316
Look in Tomb of Decay if advanced archetypes are allowed.
>>
>>51713316
as a nurglite you should try to be much nicer then your douchebag party. Nurgle likes all life big and small.
>>
Can I have a quick rundown on why there are 15 different warhammer generals ?
>>
>>51713595

The 40k tabletop general
The 30k tabletop general
The 40k RPG general
The WHF general
The AoS general

There's only five, numbnuts
>>
>>51713686
I thought horus heresy and malifaux where 40K generals too. I am really lost here friendo. WHF is the old warhammer right ?
>>
>>51713791

Yes, and Malifaux is its own system, unrelated to 40k.
>>
>>51713595
Because without Warhammer this board wouldn't exist?
>>
File: IMG_3304.jpg (696KB, 1280x908px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3304.jpg
696KB, 1280x908px
Where would you recommend to commission this archaic style of sector map for a homebrew game?
>>
File: Dark Eldar Kabalite.jpg (281KB, 737x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eldar Kabalite.jpg
281KB, 737x1038px
>>51697631

My players have incredible superstitions and fears of making deals, complete with ceremonial airlock-venting.

I think the funniest deal I've ever seen was a Rogue Trader trading, to a Dark Eldar Dracon, a condition-free favor to be called in at the Kabal's leisure. He demanded an Agonizer. A good-quality Agonizer. It wasn't even best quality. The entire group was screaming, but he kept saying, "Don't worry, I got this." He honestly thought he came out on top of the deal to the very end.

The other deal I've seen made was an Imperial Knight pilot who made a deal to the same Kabal, to resurrect his dead wife. The Drukhari have the power, after all. That one ended up having fun real-world consequences.
>>
>>51715375
>The other deal I've seen made was an Imperial Knight pilot who made a deal to the same Kabal, to resurrect his dead wife. The Drukhari have the power, after all. That one ended up having fun real-world consequences.

You can't say shit like that and not follow it up.
>>
>>51715658
The Dark Eldar probably came and took his first born or something. Plot twist, we are in 40k stranded on some weird Mechanicus social experiment recreating ancient Terran culture and geography on a distant colony world to see how self directed cultural progress takes us and if it is the same general route. He accidentally struck a dream pact with the eldar
>>
File: Knight Lancer and Myrmidon.jpg (109KB, 1029x691px) Image search: [Google]
Knight Lancer and Myrmidon.jpg
109KB, 1029x691px
>>51715658

Lucius promised to be at their beck and call, and all he asked in return was his wife brought back to life. He was granted his wife, perfectly fine, who returned to him as if waking from a long nap. The Archon and his associates kept the body, after all, since he and his Tau associate were studying the effects of a mutagenic virus they themselves had released on the poor guy's homeworld. His children were unable to be returned to him, as their corpses were not preserved.

After that game, I started my Questoris Knights army, all based on players from my game, Excelsus A Midsummer Knight's Dream. In game, Lucius had a blue and green Lancer, with silver accents. I painted my lancer in blue and green, with silver accents, and even now I often field it at the vanguard of my Tau. He's often the first thing to die. He lives, he dies, he lives again, eternal service in my tabletop army. He promised to do anything, and that is what he does - when that knight dies, the rest of my army is safe and in position for the killing blow.

I wasn't kidding when I said real-world consequences. I think he had a laugh about it.
>>
>>51715867
Ah nice. When my campaign ends I'm definitely adding my character to my tabletop army. If she survives that is.
>>
>>51715867

Wow. That's some seriously next-level shit, Shas.

Not that I disapprove. It's clever-as-fuck. But what happened to the rogue trader getting the agonizer?
>>
File: ROjbfAe.gif (921KB, 585x242px) Image search: [Google]
ROjbfAe.gif
921KB, 585x242px
>>51715867
>He lives, he dies, he lives again,
>>
>>51715867
>that spoiler

I heartily approve.
>>
File: Dark Eldar Archon 3.jpg (562KB, 1512x984px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Eldar Archon 3.jpg
562KB, 1512x984px
>>51716581
>But what happened to the rogue trader getting the agonizer?

That was years ago, in the very first game of RT I ever ran, Pimps in Space. The Archon called him, and brought him and the crew to Commorragh to settle some Kabalite politics as mercenaries. And by that, I mean, they were stuck in front, made the minimally-supported vanguard and told to assassinate an enemy Archon in the middle of a big inter-Kabal kerfuffle. Predictably, nobody wanted to stay in Commorragh for very long.

He wasn't exactly a font of good ideas, that RT. It was thanks to him that my players instituted the Deal Policy - if you make a deal of any kind, it doesn't matter with who, you get spaced out the airlock, to much rejoicing.

Well, it was that, and them making a deal with a Tau while not reading the fine print...
>>
>>51716858

It's stories like this, Dave's, and Shoggy's that got me into 40k rpg. Never too far from a good plot and/or party shenanigans.
>>
>>51709631
Arch-militant could be former skitarii (depends on augmentations) or proctor (arbites equivalent).
Seneschal could be clerical/adept.
Void master former orbital pilot, etc.
Basically any career except Astropath or RT can easily have that background
>>
I had an idea for a Space Marine chapter where each marine travels the imperium either solo or in a small band with 2 or 3 others. They would lend their skills as strategists, commanders, doplomats and warriors without central control from the chapter HQ. However, the librarians among them specialize in divination and telepathy allowing some messages to be passed to the scattered members to put them in the right place at the right time. Does that make any sense logistically for a chapter? I suppose they would have a small warband of serfs/technicians/squires in training.
>>
>>51719004
Reminds me a little of the Marines Errant but without the part where they still maintain a fleet.

The biggest problem i see is the Lack of Geneseed recovery. A chapter like that would die out without an apothecary traveling with every little group and immediatly searching out aspirants to implant. They also would lack the facilities to do so.

I could imagine each marine getting some very basic training in removing and implanting geneseed under suboptimal conditions, leading to a fuckton of defects of the minor or even major organs.
>>
>>51719004
A chapter of kill marines?
>>
>>51719623
If other chapters can do unique things with their training, why couldn't these guys make decent apothecary training part of the chapter standard training?
>>
>>51719623
I think that would just have to remove, potential marines would travel back to their homeworld or seek out an actual apothecary when they are deemed ready for the next stage.
>>
>>51719811
I was just pointing out the problems that would occur compared to other chapters.
Yes, giving every marine some or full apothecary training helps and is doable. What are some more years of learning for a warrior that lives centuries or even millenia.
Problem number 2 is the lack of equipment while on the move like that. I'm no expert but I imagine astartes-surgery needs some rather special tools to be done in a clean fashion. If you want to handwave it and say "they have portable stuff like that" then go ahead, it's your game after all.
They also should have some aspect to them that explains why they can maintain the more complex parts of equipment, as techmarines are very sparse normally anyway.

I'd only advise to make it small warbands of 2-5 astartes and around 10-20 human staff maybe, not single marines. That seems more feasible to me.
>>
File: 1484026708485.jpg (1MB, 1280x1879px) Image search: [Google]
1484026708485.jpg
1MB, 1280x1879px
>>51719004
Sounds a bit like the Mentors, who, iirc, in old fluff were usually deployed as small squads with other Imperial forces to test out newly discovered weaponry.

Anyway, I like it. Maybe instead of the whole chapter being split up, it's something that happens to you once you reach "Veteran" status or something? Like the newer recruits train together and deploy as battle companies until they're deemed to be sufficiently skilled, then the survivors are broken up into small groups or sent out as individuals and spend an indefinite amount of time sojourning in the Imperium. The survivors of that period return and spend their twilight years training the next generation, passing on what they've learned and leading the new recruits until they too die.
As has been pointed out, it might be the case that the chapter has geneseed problems due to the difficulty of recovering the progenoid from a solo marine. Remember that the neck progenoid is ready to be harvested about five years after implantation, so it's possible that the chapter can still just about replace its fallen if they harvest a progenoid before the brother goes on his sojourn.

Maybe they have a special deal with the Navigators? They can travel more easily across the Imperium, and in exchange assist and protect Navigators in need. They also might entrust transport of fallen geneseed back to the chapter to certain trusted Navigator houses. They'd still probably need a small entourage of well trained human companions though.
>>
>>51720173
>If you want to handwave it and say "they have portable stuff like that" then go ahead, it's your game after all.
How rare is a narthecium/reductor, anyway? Requisition points (8) put it at 'average' availability.

>They also should have some aspect to them that explains why they can maintain the more complex parts of equipment, as techmarines are very sparse normally anyway.
That's a good point.
>>
>>51720261
Requesting additional Blanche inquisition, pls.

>>51720265
Nartheciums *can* be more commonly distributed; Red Scorpions have an apothecary in every squad, for example. So on the order of 80-100 nartheciums in active use.
>>
>>51709716
Not that anon, but I find they can cause problems for mechanical reasons

Since an eldar can dodge just about anything you throw at it, while an ork almost requires a lascannon to take down. When the rest of the party are humans this can pose some problems for them if they get between the xenos and something designed to take them out.
>>
>>51720328
Don't vindicare and astartes PCs cause the same issues?
>>
>>51720395
Vindicare is ascension level and everything breaks down at that point.
>>
I was thinking of adjusting CHAMELEOLINE CLOAK.
It is absurdly OP, so i will give the -30 to BS only if a stealth action is done and until the character doesn't move (even if the player is spotted, or the test is a failure, i will give the bonus; if engaged in melee, the bonus is negated, because you can't stand still in melee)
What do you think?
>>
File: Xavier_mendoza.jpg (212KB, 502x861px) Image search: [Google]
Xavier_mendoza.jpg
212KB, 502x861px
>>51720292
Sorry anon, I don't have much Blanche. Still, have best Inquisitor.
>>
>>51714850
You should find someone that fits your tastes here.
https://www.cartographersguild.com/
>>
>>51720328
A dodge roll isn't very helpful against AoE in these systems- a grenade or a flamer solves that. Orks meanwhile have shitty gun limitations, no mental prowess for the team to make use of, (no weirdboyz do not count they are random as fuck) and still don't soak as well as a properly armored marine.

Tau get their fucking mecha though, and I can't really argue that away. A DM with half a brain would limit its usefulness (don't want to shoot that aboard a spaceship, isn't that a little big for a negotiation, etc) but its still fucking broken.
>>
>>51720483
You do know you can dodge AoE attacks right?
>>
File: Sons of the Apocalypse.jpg (332KB, 840x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Sons of the Apocalypse.jpg
332KB, 840x1200px
>>51720292
>>
>>51719004
Ok, so you don't really need a full narcetheum if each marine only has one progenoid. A special combat knife with a hollow handle that can house one progenoid would work. Space Wolves use a special knife to cut progenoids out, so it has some credibility.

If I were creating these guys, I'd say that some of the reserve companies are the ones going out in trios. It's a rite of passage to enter first company. They receive training from the apothecaries on extracting gene seed from the neck (easiest to get to) then have the one in their chest removed before they form up with 2 other guys. Each roving squad is made of a Tac, Dev, and Assault Marine. All are capable, all have served for a while, all are veteran, but the quest is proof of worthiness for the first company or eligibility to be a Captain.

Maybe they're Ultramarine successors that make the journey to Macragge to see their spiritual liege or something. The test is in relying on each other and in securing transport from the one end of the galaxy to the other.
>>
were ripperjacks or anything facehugger-like(something small and grabby that causes an effect after grabbing) ever statted?
>>
Do non-sapient xenos fall under the purview of the ordo xeno? Would it be ordo xenos territory to see if there is any value to any species on a death world or even a relatively new settled/reclaimed world?
>>
>>51720265
It's not about the narthecium, it's about the surgical faciliies needed to tranform recruits into scouts and full on astartes.
>>
>>51712081
I'd agree if Inescapable Attack specifically denotes Evasion (Dodge or Parry) as what it effects, not all evasion tests.
Foreboding itself isn't classified in terms of actions as an Evasion action, either, only as a Concentration/Reaction type action.
>>
>>51720443
Why are you trying to nerf a piece of gear that doesn't see that much use?
The only game it will see use in is OW, and if a sniper with a cloak is that much an issue, you are greatly lowballing the pcs.
>>51720494
You also get up to 2 dodges a turn.
Also, update to OW/DH2 style unnat attributes.
>>
>>51721727
>Do non-sapient xenos fall under the purview of the ordo xeno?
Yes. Any species that could be of threat falls under ordo xenos.
They being of use is Biologis Mechanicus.
>>
Can someone using the invisibility psychic power be seen by someone using psyniscience?
>>
>>51723507
Seen, no.
Have their location pinged by enough DoS, yes.
Arguably, unnatural senses could still see you.
>>
>>51721033
Creatures Anathema has the Gloomhaunt, which rips you up after latching on like a ripperjack.
>>
File: BLOOD.jpg (317KB, 1024x1463px) Image search: [Google]
BLOOD.jpg
317KB, 1024x1463px
Won't post it in the 40K game thread since they're all mechanics fags:

http://pastebin.com/vzq1PVM0

Thoughts for muh model guys?
>>
Fluff wise how strong is an Ogryn? A Ratling? A Beastman?

Are Ogryns and the larger beastmen stronger than Space Marines?
>>
I remember a guy on here made a PDF on running homebrew airborne regiments for Only War: it had descriptions of custom vehicles (largely based on real armor), weapons and some regiment fluff.

Anyone have it? I got me a new machine and lost it.
>>
>>51726668
If we take the tabletop wargame as at least a rough base, Ogryn are stronger and tougher than Marines. S4, T4 versus S5, T5.

Just how much stronger and tougher they should be in 40kRPG terms is a bit up in the air, but at least by 2 SB/TB.

Ratlings are the exact opposite, they are S2 and T2 versus a human's S3 and T3.

For Beastmen it probably depends on the variation in question, but few would be as strong or tough as an Astartes.
>>
Anyone got that document with extra RT ship stats? Like Astartes vessels and Battleships? I'm gonna stat out a Eldar Void Stalker for a campaign and I need some benchmarks.
>>
>>51729963
This?
>>
>>51730008
Yeah, exactly that. Thanks a bunch, Anon.
>>
>>51720261
You can be a slave to the corpse-emperor and a slave to fashion at once, I see.
>>
>>51725923
Ah! thanks!
>>
In Only War, can you combine integrated weapons with MIU weapon interfaces or ballistic mechadenderites?
>>
Just a few days till I start my first non-one-shot campaign. I've run Deathwatch before, but now it's Dark Heresy.

Any last-minute tips?
>>
>>51732936

Make them fight necrons.
>>
>>51732936
Have every enemy they fight have at least one grenade.
>>
>>51732936
Make going loud have consequences.
Remember the Imperium is rife with factionalism. Everyone wants something, and it usually conflicts with what someone else wants.
If you've got noobies, consider printing out a list of combat actions for them.
>>51726668
Traditionally, by tabletop an Ogryn is stronger and tougher than a space marine, but obviously stupider, slower, and less skillful.
Ratlings are frail little critters.
I'd give a Beastman unnatural toughness. The larger ones are about as tough as a space marine, and even the runts are probably pretty hard to put down.
>>
>>51726668
>Fluff wise how strong is an Ogryn? A Ratling? A Beastman?
There are rules for playing an ogryn or ratling in Only War. It might not line up perfectly to the fluff, but it's all there. Beastmen, not so much.
>>
>>51713595
Are you new to Warhammer?
>>
>>51726192
Text is at times disjointed, and it seems too often like you are trying to excuse what they are.
Otherwise, not too bad.
>>
>>51732839
Technically, yes.
>>
Does anyone have any good Deathwatch sheets for printing? Preferably with all those fiddly bonuses on the page?

Bonus points if the skills are done in Dark Heresy 2.0 style, due to slight homebrewing.
>>
Dear 40k general,

Preface: I'm using a looser system than ffg focused more on genre emulation. One of my players has a beta psyker who had a field sanctioning done at the rifts of hecaton, eventually gained a knife created by a psychic construct of the emperor's, and then eventually detached her soul from her body while holding the knife. Her projection combined with the knife, she turned into a double headed warp Phoenix, and then tried to unproject by entering her body. Effectively, she's a boot strapped daemon host. She's been fighting to keep her own ego because now the emperor's will overrides her ego every time she uses psychic powers and now she's at the really real danger of the emperor's ego destroying hers.

Anyway, they're at holy Terra now for her official non heretical sanctioning and I'm a little blank on ideas on how to make it more than "and then you and the emperor gazed into one another's eyes. Make a warp save." Does anyone have any good inspiration I can draw from, suggestions, or anything of the sort?

So far the only ideas that has been thrown at me that sick is Marauders firing upon the holy palace because "oh shit there's a daemon host in the holy palace"
>>
Playing a Forge World/Mechanicus/Chirurgeon with a Necromancer feel. I'm trying to a mass servitor minions. What woukd I need to create servitors and be able to coordinate with them
>>
>>51738993
>Does anyone have any good inspiration I can draw from, suggestions, or anything of the sort?
Look up Catholic exorcism's gone bad.
Also, she is likely going to immolate when it happens. Soul binding is bad news at the best of times.
>>51739260
>What would I need to create servitors
Bodies of men and beasts.
>Coordinate
This is where you will fail. You need to spend your actions giving your servitor actions, and I believe you can only have familiars equal to your int bonus synced to you at once.
>>
I'm making a thousand sons sorcerer for a black crusade game. Any tips?
>>
>>51739506
Ooooh. Holy bonfire that attracts daemons and spirits alike? :|a

Her dad was a beta level psyker that could emulate waugh abilities and her mother was an insane magos that purposefully trained her to ignore all known best psyker practices and just use the power of free thought and warp manipulation.
>>
>>51739768

snowflake
>>
File: dat commissar look.png (71KB, 274x458px) Image search: [Google]
dat commissar look.png
71KB, 274x458px
>>51738993
>>51739768

This doesnt even sound canon at all.
>>
Psyker fighter piloe ACE hitshot pilot. Biomancy to remove fatigue and divination for dodging. Unsanctioned Psyker
>>
Where can I legally purchase pdfs?
>>
Where do you suppose I can reqisition a Voss Pattern Lightning Strike fighter
>>
>>51739891
>>51739950

Snowflakes the RPG. Its fun as fuck.
>>
>>51732962
I don't think I need two factions of killer robots right now. Down the line, though? Absolutely.
>>51733305
I've given them the warning up front that I'll start using grenades as soon as they do. It was my Shadowrun policy as well, and it kept the arms race under control.
>>51735101
Good stuff. They've all played at least one of the other 40krpgs before, so they know the system a little.
>>
Evasion Test uses Dodge right? Dodge is personal not for vehicles?
>>
File: clarence.png (493KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
clarence.png
493KB, 1366x768px
>>51740119

I don't think you can anymore since FFG and GW finished their contract. Just download them all from the MEGA archives instead.

Also, payingforPDFslol.
>>
>>51740347
Dodge or Parry normally. There is a psychic power can can be used as a stand-in for those tests.

Yes, that one uses the Jink reaction.
>>
>>51740095
Mostly useless outside very specialized circumstances.
>>51740119
You can't, FFG no longer has the license and GW hasn't published any.
>>51740162
Munitorum contact,
>>51740264
>I've given them the warning up front that I'll start using grenades as soon as they do.
Better idea to have foes act and be armed organically, rather than twist shit around to "make the CR right". Gangers wouldn't always have frags, and think a moment before you bring out flame weapons (are you using them indoors? In a hive? Are you dismissing the natural consequences of uncontrolled fires in a urban environment to "challenge" the players?). Even then, grenades are good only in close range. At 20 meters and more, they are dramatically less useful than you think.
>>
>>51742464
The grenades thing is more in response to past experiences than it is being worried about the CR. As soon as either side brought out grenades, things got super bloody, fast. Only War and Shadowrun both had these issues for me. I have no doubt I'll use explosives down the line, but that's a line I'm not crossing in session 1.

Plus, I'm running Edge of Darkness to start. Everyone is too poor for grenades and not dumb enough for fire.
>>
For a Sororitas character, should I go with a storm bolter or stick with the regular model?
>>
>>51743026
Stick with the regular one. You'll be able to get ammo much more easily for it too.
>>
>>51743073
Good point, and thanks!
>>
>>51732936
Necrons and tyranids are really under used enemies. I kinda want to run a DH game where they are in a hive world and its basically like the film The Mist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcBDgHT3_dA

But you could easily replace the mist monsters with necrons.
>>
>>51743026
The main drawback of the storm bolter, even though it has the highest damage output besides heavy weapons. Is that it can only fire at one enemy at a time, its a laser beam. Unless you use suppress (which you should). So a combi grenade launcher or flamer would be pretty good. Especially as the rules seem to allow you to fire a flamer while on the run.
>>
>>51743416
Like I mentioned in another post, I've already got creepy killer robots in the early stages. That said, having it lead into Necron tech involvement, and eventually the bad boys themselves, might not be so bad...
>>
>>51743453 it can only fire at one enemy at a time
All full and semi auto weapons can assign any additional hits caused to any targets within 2 meters of the original.
>>
>>51735436
Is there any RPG that lets you play as a Beastman on the side of the Imperial Guard?
>>
>>51744613
There's probably homebrew in the OP.
>>
>>51744613
ORIGINAL ROGUE TRADER GOODNESS!
>>
>>51732962
Why the fuck would you fuck this anon over, shitlord? Seriously?? What's your fucking problem? I expect this level of bullshit from trolling anons, but not from a trip who's dedicated years of his life to homebrewing and sharing his shit...
Seriously: what the fuck's wrong with you?? I've defended your pathetic ass to no end in these threads (and others) because I've seen you go out of your way to help people and you've put together a sizable collection of useful stuff....but what the fuck is this???
>>
>>51745593
>but what the fuck is this???
A joke.
>>
>>51745593
>what the fuck is this???
A stale meme.
>>
>>51742578
>Shadowrun
Oh god, so many fond memories of the grenade-force-wall-blood-blender combo.
>>
>>51745640
Yeah, we know that: but people coming to this thread with an earnest question might not. Hell, most 40k babbies have no clue about the lore's details and implications; rpg players are even less likely to know the deep lore and what it might mean.
Again, I fully expect shit-eating anons to troll such 'jokes' - but not the major contributor of material to this thread. Shas, for good or ill, has a certain standing here; pissing on himself like that diminishes the entire thread.
>>
>>51745883
You're still on 4chan. If someone is stupid enough to take advice at face value without researching or putting any thought into it, they deserve what they get.
>>
File: mrlMSxw.jpg (41KB, 500x383px) Image search: [Google]
mrlMSxw.jpg
41KB, 500x383px
>>51745883
>Shas, for good or ill, has a certain standing here; pissing on himself like that diminishes the entire thread.
>>
>>51745883
How fucking new are you? Shas has been a trolling little shitheel for literally years and fucking years, long before he 'graced' us with his fucking homebrew people insist on treating like manna from heaven. For god's sake, he was once most infamous for actively trolling and borderline assaulting his live action play groups because he thought it was fucking funny. How are you this fucking new that Shas being a trolling shitheel, giving the same trolling answer he always gives to vague questions, is somehow shameful? God's sake, man.
>>
>>51744613
Well, there cetrainly are options for playing beastmen in the whfrp2 Tome of Corruption, along with the hilarious (and far superior) d1000 mutation table. I'd go from there
>>
>>51746013
I actually found some pretty nifty Rogue Trader guides for abhumans, though the fanfiction is pretty strong with it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2b-KRdbOmU5ak9MYjZGVjBqMTQ/view
>>
File: 1483139482331.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1483139482331.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>51745989
Oh I'm sorry, I guess YOU are the one who did all that work in the OP.

Faget.

>>51746006
Oh, I don't LIKE the idiot; and I'm fully aware of his moronic tendencies. But most folks in this thread are not dead-inside veterans of this shitsucking hole. Most here don't know: but they see his trip, they see him answering most questions with earnest thought, and they see that he's put together a lot of shit that they doubtless use. They then (probably wrongly) assume he's on the level.
Look, it's not hard to not be an idiot - Shas manages it more often than not (at least recently - but I'd never ever play in one of his fucking games). If Shas wants to play, then he'll do himself and his work a real service by playing anonymously. If he keeps trolling with his trip, then anons will (rightly!) treat him like an absolute fucking asshole. But that will diminish this thread with even more shitposting. Veteran anons and trips are what set the tone of the site/thread: if we set a shit example, we will eat shit.
I don't want to eat shit. And I don't think y'all do, either.
>>
>>51746224
Funny you call another anon faggot when you suck on Shas chode like it's going out of style.

Shas being a cunt does not diminish the entire thread, him and his homebrew is not nearly that important as you seem to think it is.
>>
To get away from the shitposting for a moment, I see a number of these PDFs and google docs holding a variety of RPG material I haven't seen before. Can we get these added to the OP somehow, or otherwise compile a resource? Regardless of quality, quantity has its own merits.
>>
for someone who is entirely new to 40k rpgs (but I love the setting) which would you recommend to start with. I was leaning towards either DH or BC.
>>
>>51746717
Dark Heresy 2e. It's simple, has a good premise and starts at a reasonable level. It's also the best way to introduce people who are completely new to the setting.
>>
>>51746717
Only War
>>
>>51746746
I'd argue that as you'd still need some knowledge of in-setting lore, especially if techpriests or psykers are involved. Things like "What is heresy?", "Why it is a bad idea to use that sword/gun/weapon that speaks to your mind.", and "Why can't we use diplomacy, I'm sure we can reach an agreement with those cultists of Khorne if we just talk it out."
>>
File: ayyahluvfagetz.jpg (192KB, 550x729px) Image search: [Google]
ayyahluvfagetz.jpg
192KB, 550x729px
>>51746335
Funny how you seem to have reading comprehension issues! Does the butthurt get irritating after all this time, anon?? Where did the tau touch you? I will kiss it and make it better...
>>
>>51745680
Yep. I saw that more times than I was happy with. Hence why "no grenades" is a gentleman's agreement in our games now.

It's okay, they'll be dealing with worse than just frag grenades down the line. Say hello to Willy Pete...
>>
>>51746827
Sure, but that's as necessary for all the games. Dark Heresy and Only War has the lowest bar for entry though and imo, starting at that level lets players you've introduced to 40k through those 40kRPG's appreciate the setting more when you try out more outrageous stuff like, Rogue Trader and Black Crusade.

It's what I plan on doing with my regular group as the next 40k campaign I'm planning is for Rogue Trader, as I intend for them to experience the wonder and grandeur of 40k rather than the grimy, grimdark shitholes they're used to.
>>
>>51746717

DH2 for sure
>>
File: 048.png (20KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
048.png
20KB, 235x235px
faith and coin clean scans when?
>>
>>51748221

Never. No physical copies of the book exist anymore.
>>
File: 1486491913661.jpg (45KB, 500x432px) Image search: [Google]
1486491913661.jpg
45KB, 500x432px
>>51748246
ive heard whispered tales
sung from below the gantrys into the allyways of half truths

what im sayin' is my chum said there was a clean pdf kickin bout somewhere on the ole' /tg/
>>
>>51748180
Thank you very very much sir! And thank you for your continued work on our behalf.
>>
File: 99120102046_CSMTermLordRepack01.jpg (42KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120102046_CSMTermLordRepack01.jpg
42KB, 600x620px
Black crusade RPG, looking at rules for lifting. if I have a 10 strength bonus, I can lift up to 156kg on ease.

BUT

if I do a full round action lifting test, for every degree of success I get to add + 1 to my SB on the lifting chart.

Not including toughness bonus (which is a 5), and hefting (Athletics free action to get SB to a 10). I can technically roll OVER a 20 in the chart giving me a lift of 4,500 KG

So, as a human/space marine with the right stats, can I lift a teammate in Termie armor and use him as a wieldable weapon? will it still only do improvised damage or what should be changed?
>>
>>51748699
Still improvised damage.
>>
>>51748731
Also to add, you use TB as well. If you wanted to kill someone with that ridiculous carry weight, you'd throw them straight up and let falling damage do the rest.
>>
>>51748277
I've got a more or less clean one, my Internet is shit on a biscuit, though. Give me about...half an hour, 45 minutes to upload it to Mediafire.
>>
>>51749087
>>51748277
>>51748221
Doubleposting because it uploaded in literally minutes.
https://www.mediafire.com/?1uxbaxq7xgwc93e
Is this clean enough?
It is still a pretty bad book
>>
>>51749161
Blocked.
>>
>>51749167
FFS, Mediafire. I'll try uploading it to Mega, give me a bit.
>>
>>51749192
Remember to copy/paste the link with the key.
>>
>>51749245
Not working here.
>>
>>51746113
Any opinions on this? It seems fairly sound, just some of the image choices aren't grimdark enough.
>>
>>51749245
How big is the file itself?
>>
>>51749311
About 77 megs, which is why I find it slightly suspicious that it uploaded in literal minutess on Mediafire (Which didn't work), and has given me an estimate of 15-20 minutes on Mega.
>>
>>51749215
>>51749167
https://mega.nz/#!E5MRQIwR!aX0yPLFIJYxM7m3iGJDNkV7-VpMsK3mDlVXySsKeGkQ
Here we go, try this.
>>
>>51749585

Worked for me
>>
>>51749585
Can download.
>>
>>51749585
Isn't this the same one in the OP?
>>
>>51749665
It might be, been a while. I remember there being a much, much worse version floating around, though, and this one is at least readable.
>>
>>51746827
Yeah but thats DM level exposition.

You have to do the same thing with all settings.
>>
>>51749585
I'm an anon with limited bandwidth, can someone confirm whether or not this is the same one as the OP link?

Also, thank you for your efforts poster-anon.
>>
>>51750013
It is the same one.
>>
>>51750092
Dammit, okay. My apologies for that, then.
>>
Can anyone tell a faggot where is a acceptable place to roll regiments? I feel like the lack of threads for it means that it's either considered spam or is just not popular but doing it alone seems like really sad nerdy masturbation.
>>
>>51750167
>doing it alone seems like really sad nerdy masturbation
Wut, why do you care so much?
>>
>>51750644
Well I just write a lot of random info by myself that no one ever sees or gives a fuck about and I find that, while its amusing, you can't help but realize it was fundamentally pointless.

I've made campaign ocs i was quite proud of only to go "Oh wait I dont have a campaign and wont for the foreseeable future" and that sobers you up pretty fuckin fast.

So I'd rather have someone SEE the regiment and comment on it and help contribute to it for the sole sake of "Hey maybe someone will use this."
>>
>>51750693
Well, feel free to make a PDF and post it. I routinely stat out regiments in Only War for my own amusement, whether they're insane drunken Russo-Mongolian cannibal raiders, OPERATOR ninjas, or Spess Knights Templar. If you have interesting fluff and ideas, someone will probably steal it, or at least give you some criticism.
>>
Is being a fabricated human a bad thing in the 40k universe or is just just some of standard shennaigans that the Mechanicus Biologis get up to?
>>
>>51750814
Fabricated humans are, to my memory, what servitors are usually made of, with prisoners being the odd ones out.

So yes.

>>51750726
I guess I got a few I can show, get a second view, I'll try to see if they fit in thread.
>>
>>51750814
Being one would suck, but I don't think the average person knows or cares.

Like if you somehow escaped/weren't turned into a servitor/used for replacement parts and were walking down the street, people wouldn't be like "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THAT FABHUM" and shriek.
>>
>>51750814
Short answer: It Depends (tm). Straight-up clones tend to be plagued by bad luck, but the rich and powerful can request designer babies, and some secret groups rely on gattica baby soldiers indoctrinated from before birth. There's also horrible shit like the krieger Vitae Wombs and the Inculabla shitting around the galaxy. Trying to create a genetically-engineered herrenrasse is heresy, because muh sacred human genome, but what the fuck isn't heresy? I know both RT and DH 1e included rules for playing as a "false-man" or a FO4-style synth, so it's doable, just rather radical.
>>
>>51750838
Here it is, if you recognize them its cause i was the namefag who rolled them in the story thread.

Im trying to polish them so I can use them in other things. Figured I might as well find ways to entertain myself.
>>
>>51751391
What the fuck is that color scheme?
>>
>>51751419
Picked by audiance.
They said that since red is the fastest and purple is the sneakiest I should use both.

I like bright color schemes like that so I went with it but im open to other ides.

You should see the other order, its just purple red instead of red purple
>>
File: 1471248865206.png (3MB, 1333x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1471248865206.png
3MB, 1333x1021px
What are some bad things that can happed to the subsector without destroying it?
Looking for some nasty events that can make a life of the inquisitor more challenging.

All i can think of is
Ork waaagh
Chaos rouge fleet
Uprising of a planet
>>
>>51752264
Necrons waking up
Dark eldar raids
Harlequin raids
Regular eldar raids
Genestealers
FUBAR of paperwork making each planet declare war on every other planet in the subsector
Warp storms
Tyrannids
Other inquisitors
>>
>>51748221
Why would you want scans when an OEF version exists?
>>
>>51752264
>Chaos rouge fleet
COLOR THEIR CHEEKS FOR THE DARK GODS!!
>>
>>51752371
BLUSH FOR THE BLUSH GOD!

KOHL FOR THE KOHL THRONE!
>>
Are there ork supplements or guidelines to running an all ork game?

My players have expressed their desire to be a party of nobs infighting with other clans and hoping to get huge and become da boss
>>
>>51753059

Into the Storm and Navis primer have the basics. The Fringe is Yours has more although alternate ranks.
>>
I remember reading rules for gun-skulls (basically a mono-task servo-skull equipped with a Pistol) way back when, but I can no longer remember if the rules for that were in one of the FFG books or in the Inquisitor rules. Does anyone know where I would be able to find rules for gun-skulls?
>>
>>51697631
I've always found that the damage system in DH/RT is a bit too forgiving. Like, a man can reasonably tank two lasgun shots with his bare chest and still be able to fight no prob.

Any Idea on how to change that ?
>>
>>51755624
Half your players number of Wounds.
>>
>>51755367
The Inquisitors Handbook and Dark Heresy 2E Corebook if I'm not misremembering.
>>
>>51755674
The first one seems likely for 1e, but I doubt the second one since the character I'm looking for it for is in 2e DH so that rulebook was the first place I looked. Any idea where in the book it would be?
>>
File: 1474269742297.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1474269742297.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
We are playing dark heresy. The players are an Ordo Hereticus acolites and i am going to try full corruption.
I want to try and make players bring their own doom for themselves.

for example

There is a power hungry priest fellow who wants to become an inquisitor. Sometimes he will 'Accidentaly' get in the situation where he can make something bad to raise his influence. At first it will cost only a little bit of corruption for a huge load of influence.
But the closer he will get to 80 mark the deals will start being more and more expencive, with the last dash costing something like 20 corruption for 10 last influence (Killing his own inquisitor in the back)

There is a munchkin-ish tech priest who is lile 'lol flesh is weak'. The group will have a two session quest to find ultra-strong imbalance implant that he will find corrupted. It will slowly give corruption points while wielded. When he will think that he can controll the ammount of corruption the implant will grow into him

But i have no idea how i can tempt others. So i am looking for suggestions and ideas.

There is a really cowardish psyker (The player always tries to play REALLY safe even if it will harm the others) that doesn't care much about corruption.
There is an ultra-loyal to the priest autistic 'Like from Krieg' guardsman
And a 'Lol, for the Emperor' guy who playes just because of the company, not the game itself. I have no hopes of corrupting him
>>
>>51755747
An amulet that lets him shunt damage onto someone else? And each time that happens, he gains corruption equal to the damage transferred?

For the loyal guardsman, perhaps an item that lets him protect the priest, at the cost of raising his corruption to do so?

And for the last guy, forcing him to watch while his fellows turn more and more Radical.
>>
Can DH2 be adapted to a Rogue Trader Game?
>>
File: Servo-skulls.png (910KB, 705x913px) Image search: [Google]
Servo-skulls.png
910KB, 705x913px
>>51755719
Found the page, it's part of the Servitors & Familiars chapter in the Inquisitors Handbook and you were right, DH2 includes all types of Servo-skull but the gunskulls.
>>
>>51755674
>>51755719
Can confirm that Gun/Guardian-skulls are detailed on page 144 of the Inquisitor's.
>>
>>51755821
>>51755826
Cheers! I'm a little ticked off that 2e removed gunskulls, but I'm sure my GM will be willing to work that out with me.
>>
>>51755791
Do you mean you want to turn your experienced acolytes into Rogue Traders or what?
>>
>>51755826
DH2 shat the bed real hard when it comes to NPC's in general.
>>
File: 3113923.jpg (523KB, 1200x1066px) Image search: [Google]
3113923.jpg
523KB, 1200x1066px
>>51755776
Well, the amulet is surely going to end with a player scandal, the psyker will use it «just for luls» and people will get angry.

I like the idea of a protecting item for the guardsman, something that will look inocently enough untill used, so the only player who will know that it brings corruption will be the guardsman

How is making the player watch his friends go radical will bring him corruption?
«Lol, they are corrupt, so take 5 corruption damage?» This sounds lame.
If you meant that i have to make a conflict between «Lol, for the Emperor» and «Fun with friends» then maybe. Don't know how to execute that properly though
>>
>>51755985
Well then have it just be a force field that increases his corruption based on how much damage it prevents.

As for the last player - read Eisenhorn. He's basically Godwin Fischig, the only Puritanical man in a party that are slowly becoming more and more Radical. All you have to do is make that agonizingly clear to him.
>>
Could Deathwatch rules be adapted to play a squad of legion marines in 30k or is that a stupid idea?
>>
File: 1474263432817.jpg (482KB, 1200x869px) Image search: [Google]
1474263432817.jpg
482KB, 1200x869px
>>51756037
Thank you for your suggestions, you really gave me a push in a i-hope-it-is-right direction
>>
>>51755849
Use the Homeworld/Background/Role system for RT
>>
>>51756082
Should work fine, IMO - the main differences will be the efficiency of wargear, I suspect (IIRC the Mk3 Power Armor was the latest model back then, for instance - Storm Bolters also hadn't been invented yet).

And that doesn't sound like a stupid idea at all! A stupid idea would be using the DH rules to play a party of all Servo-skulls or something.
>>
>>51756195
On an unrelated note, now I want to just play a low-powered cracky game where we're a party of all Servo-Skulls.
>>
Roll stats or point allocation?
>>
>>51756558
Both fully together.
>>
>>51756644
Huh?
>>
>>51756651
Roll 2d10 and distribute points with no more than 20 in one characteristic.
>>
>>51752347
WERE SIR WERE IS THE OEF
>>
>>51756678
Don't you have two pick only one method?
>>
I'm going to be running a DH1 (group decided 1 because one of our guys owns most of the books, never got around to reading or playing it though). So I'm borrowing his shit, and wondering what a good first mission could be? We're running a custom sector rather than Callixus sector btw.
>>
New Only War GM here, need help.

Party are stealthy "wetwork" style regiment, on a world with an Ork problem. They will encounter a small Ork camp next session and I need them to determine from that encounter that there is a much larger camp and warboss nearby. What clues could they find to convey that info?
>>
Is having the Animus Skull hidden in the party from session 1 a bad idea? Almost every player either started with a servoskull or acquired one. I swear they're not collecting for the Skull Throne.
>>
>>51757462
Transports dropping off boyz, gear, and supplies. Orks in the camp itself justvtalking about it.
>>
Why do player characters start off so incompetent? They have a roughly 1 in 3 chance to succeed at a task that isn't easy as fuck.
>>
>>51759311
>justvtalking about it
Don't Orks have their own language?
>>
Would a Dark Eldar character travelling through the warp die instantly or would there just be a far higher chance for warp shenanigans to happen?
>>
>>51756989
A lowly administratum drone has reported their department because tallies don't match up, supplies are going missing, etc. and his superiors don't want to investiagate for some reason. PC's told to investigate, surprise cultists diverting supplies. Go from there.
>>
>>51759329
Remember bonuses. Which gameline in question, because I can show how you'll stack modifiers.
>>
Anon posted some homebrew on /k/ that isn't in the mega.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7lmuruwxw2huetv/airborne_40k_-_v0.3.pdf

And I'm posting another pdf I had on my computer as well.
>>
>>51760564
Has that anon who wrote that PDF updated it at all?
>>
I'm thinking of running a Dark Heresy game with Dogs in the Vineyard. Does anyone have any experience with this?
>>
>>51761930
How would Psykers and Tech implants work in that?
>>
>>51761956
Psykers is a good question likely just as a trait. But you would write "Mechanicus Implants D6" as a possession.
>>
>>51761930
Why?
>>
>>51756195
>IIRC the Mk3 Power Armor was the latest model back then, for instance - Storm Bolters also hadn't been invented yet).
The Mk IV Maximus was the new hotness, actually, with MK V being a thing poorly-supplied Legions improvised, and MK VI being super experimental and extremely rare. I would let players pick between MK II, MK III, or MK IV, personally.
>>
>>51762077
To have an actually narrative focused game. FFG system is fine, but it's way too many numbers and I find it detracts from the story.
>>
File: 1460852236154.jpg (740KB, 1675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1460852236154.jpg
740KB, 1675x1200px
Could a heretek join the admech?

Say a voidborn from a space hulk with surprising amount of serviceable technology with either several thousand yeahs since last imperial contact or simply dating back to before the IoM. The survivors going many generations of losing, relearning and passing down tech knowledge needed to survive in the space hulk while having to dodge all the usual ancient and new horrors lurking in such a place, using the heretek background to represent people having learned or preserved tech lore independent of admech rather than having turned their backs on them.
>>
>>51755876
It doesn't help that it wasn't complete.
>>
>>51755367
You could pull that talent from BC that gives you a follower, and the follower-making rules. IIRC they should be more compatible with 2e than 1e content and those follower creation rules are great.
>>
>>51762606
Maybe...?

Most Admech probably wouldn't but you might be able to rub noses with a shifty enough Reclaimator to give you an in.
>>
>>51697631
sorry for the newb question ;_;

how do i play as a catgirl?
>>
>>51764115
First you have to hate yourself.

Once you are sufficently pentinent remember this setting hates mutants.

So you either have to play black crusade or just be someone interested in dressing like a cat. Such as the Ordo of the Silken Panther
>>
Are there any rules for Loyalist custom chapters of Traitor descent?
>>
>>51764175
oh, so there are really no options for a felinid character?

too bad, thanks for the heads up anyways
>>
>>51764323
At the moment this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUuvHPr4BGk

may or may not be canon no one seen felinds yet.
>>
File: pink 3.png (167KB, 315x591px) Image search: [Google]
pink 3.png
167KB, 315x591px
>>51764376
oh wow, i do hope that's just one of the many variations

i just want to play catgirls in space for once ;_;
>>
>>51764402
>i just want to play catgirls in space for once ;_;
Then Warhammer is not really the setting for you.
>>
>>51764275

Rites of Battle has a chapter maker, but making a loyalist chapter of traitor descent reeks of sue after BL ruined the concept.
>>
>>51764689
Yeah, I'm familiar with the chapter maker, though it's only keyed for loyalist chapters and has no traitor options.
>>
>>51764703

For good reason. Stop trying to do things the fluff doesn't allow.
>>
>>51764402
Fucking Eclipse Phase then, why would you come into space holy war Warhammer?
>>
>>51697631
can a SoB use power fists?
>>
>>51764868
Of course, why wouldn't they?
>>
File: 1384890461317.jpg (106KB, 950x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1384890461317.jpg
106KB, 950x1200px
>>51764402
>>51764115
Dark Heresy 2, using the Enemies Within addition and pick the Mutant background, pick the unnatural agility (1) starting trait and hope you roll something catlike on the random mutation roll, then be ready for the average Imperial citizen thinking you're a freak and watch out for the space Ku Klux Klan, my may just as well also be a party member. Also, there's no canon description of depiction of felinids.

First check in with your GM though and make sure he or she is down with it first.
>>
>>51764887
They can't according to their codex.

>>51764868
IIRC, the rules don't even state they have to be chicks.
>>
>>51764740
>things the fluff doesn't allow

>what are blackshields, which present a use case for traitor options anyway
>what are all the piles of Heresy-era loyalists who fought for the Emperor and almost certainly weren't *completely* exterminated in the Scouring, see: next bullet point (and that the Ashen Claws, a traitor force, survived the Scouring)
>what are the Grey Knights, explicitly descended from loyalists from traitor legions
>what are the Silver Skulls
>what (probably) are the Red Scorpions, with their fixation on genetic purity *and* not letting anyone examine their geneseed, and piles of 30k-era gear
>what (probably) are the Minotaurs, if they're not multiple combined geneseed that also isn't represented in character generation rules
>what (might be? probably not, but still the most prominent example in most people's minds) are the Blood Ravens
>what (almost certainly) are the Death Eagles

Food for thought.
>>
>>51764887
i'm kinda new so i don't know if there are super strict rules, like if it's okay for a commissar to have a power fist(and holding a thunder hammer using the power fist)

>>51764898
thanks for the info anon
>>
>>51764908
>>51764925
The codex simply doesn't have it as an option perhaps due to balance reasons, or maybe GW don't want to "mar" the pretty-girl aesthetic, who knows. Fluff-wise I'd argue that in army formations they have soo much melta that it's just kinda silly to wield power fists and so they don't bother to manufacture SoB-specific fists.

However I mean a SoB would still be able to use any human (not Astartes) power fists she obtained, and if operating independently (say as part of an Inquisitor's warband) there'd be no thematic reason she couldn't use one.
>>
>what are blackshields, which present a use case for traitor options anyway
Noncanon FW garbage.

>what are all the piles of Heresy-era loyalists who fought for the Emperor and almost certainly weren't *completely* exterminated in the Scouring, see: next bullet point (and that the Ashen Claws, a traitor force, survived the Scouring)
Noncanon FW garbage. Only the dark angels had traitors. That was the whole point of them, and their tragedy.

>what are the Grey Knights, explicitly descended from loyalists from traitor legions
Noncanon BL garbage.

>what are the Silver Skulls
Ultramarines.

>what (probably) are the Red Scorpions, with their fixation on genetic purity *and* not letting anyone examine their geneseed, and piles of 30k-era gear
Noncanon FW garbage.

>what (probably) are the Minotaurs, if they're not multiple combined geneseed that also isn't represented in character generation rules
Noncanon FW garbage.

>what (might be? probably not, but still the most prominent example in most people's minds) are the Blood Ravens
Noncanon vidya gaem garbage.

>what (almost certainly) are the Death Eagles
Raven Guard.

Stop looking at nu-canon and only look at true canon. Nothing produced after the GW old guard left is legitimate.
>>
File: Vomiting Pepe.jpg (37KB, 420x408px) Image search: [Google]
Vomiting Pepe.jpg
37KB, 420x408px
>>51764966
>>51764908

TABLETOP FAGS FUCK OFF REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>51764992
Autistic much? I was actually arguing against tabletop restrictions.
>>
File: Goddamnit.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Goddamnit.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>51764925
SoB doesn't allow mutants or stable abhumans which I believe is what felinids are categorized as, and the way DH2 rolls, becoming an SoB requires the Adepta Sororitas background, and since mutant is a background, that mechanically excludes it from being combined with the SoB elite advance.
>>
>>51764975
>Stop looking at nu-canon and only look at true canon. Nothing produced after the GW old guard left is legitimate.

>Deathwatch released in 2010
>Horus Heresy series kicked off in 2006 and the first book about loyalist traitors came out the same year

So in that case, Deathwatch came out too late and is noncanon FFG garbage, right? And the rest of the RPG series with it, since DH1E was released in 2008, right? After all, it came out after the "old guard left" and "isn't legitimate". Why aren't you looking at true canon, anon?
>>
File: 1377475743241.gif (1MB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
1377475743241.gif
1MB, 350x272px
>>51764992
>autismal rage at people using the source material of a setting for an RPG
>>
>>51765062
>Deathwatch came out too late and is noncanon FFG garbage, right?

I know you're trolling, but you're right. FFG canon is trash. They make shit up all the time. Stripping out their pitiful fluff and using only true canon as a base is what you're supposed to do.
>>
>>51765078

When that source material is actively killing the setting, yes, it is up to us, the fans, to safeguard what little is left.
>>
>>51764975
>Stop looking at nu-canon and only look at true canon. Nothing produced after the GW old guard left is legitimate.

No you don't like it. That's a huge difference. The only authority on what Warhammer is RELIES on the authority given to it by GW.

So if GW said "Okay we aren't going to do anything cause old people left" you'd be right.

But instead you are just living a delusional warp inspired fever dream now and whatever unholy pus of nurgle you shoved up your ass needs to be dislodged.

>>51765100
No, its what YOU do. Because you're anal.
>>
>>51764925
Commissars have power fists all the time, it's a fairly familiar weapon amongst the Imperial Guard. A sergeant with a power fist afterall is able to blend in (mostly) to a trenchline filled with guard, or to a blob of infantry, and when a tank or monstrous creature rushes them he can emerge and sock the fist's energy field into it without needing much strength himself to do a heap of damage.

As for power fist holding a thunder hammer, first of all a thunder hammer is an Astartes weapon. Second of all, the power fist would of course be unusable since the field would destroy the hammer, and I'd argue that the fists's physical fingers are too fat to operate the thunder hammer.
>>
>>51765125
I apologize to the "old guard" person now.

I thought you were a crazy lunatic propelled entirely by arrogance but jesus this guy is worse.
>>
>>51765131
oh i see, thanks for clearing that up
>>
>>51765158
Yes, a fist operates using the field around it that disintegrates matter (just like all power weapons), so you can't be holding anything when you activate a power fist. Obviously they have more force and do more damage on a stronger user, but they're a fine weapon on weaker types anyway since that field is doing most of the work.

Why are you so interested in them anyway?
>>
Hot bred, migrate and resume all shitposting here

>>51765194
>>51765194
>>51765194
>>
>>51765125
>why wouldn't they?
>explain their book says they can't
>decide this must mean that the anon who has said nothing else but that their codex doesn't have the option must therefore mean you shouldn't have the option in the rpg
>when one poster mentions that they can just as well use whatever weapon they can get their hands on and the other mentions that the RPG book doesn't even require them to be male
>flip your shit

You managed to piss yourself off by needlessly putting words in other people's mouths, nice work.
>>
>>51759673
Had a DE wych player once in a rather short RT campaign, being the traders femme fatale bodyguard. The given rules represent some drain on your soul rather well, but are more for realspace effects rather than warpstuff. Sadly what I prepared never came up:
As long as they have some sort of intact gellar field of any sort I'd leave them alone.
As soon as it flickers enough for an incursion, or they come near sufficient demonic stuff out of ship, spawn a single deamonette out for their ass specifically, along with other nasty things to keep the other party members occupied. Should they survive, have that daemonette spawn at every further occasion that is fitting. Not eveytime there is warpy stuff, otherwise it becomes predictable. Basicly make it a dedicated recurring villian that shows up in the worst of moments, only interested in fucking that very character over.
Buff it up to stay challenging in single combat for the character and give it a small party after a few encounters. If things get epic make it a herald followed by a wild hunt of weaker daemonettes and other slaaneshi daemons, all out to get that juicy eldar soul in order to earn praise and rewards from the ever thirsting prince of sensation.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.