[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k Roleplay General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 35

File: Dark Heresy Doom.jpg (70KB, 409x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Heresy Doom.jpg
70KB, 409x400px
"The Great Crusade is looking mighty popular" Edition.

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk. Inquisitor is okay, but not many people know about it.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Why did FFG lose the 40k RPG License?
Because they were bought by Asmodee and that caused some sort of licensing conflict.

>Will GW make their own 40k RPGs now?
Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than you could possibly imagine.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.15) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w1d6aq5cdr6anmh

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.13) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d28i243u2k7di3z

Everyone talks about their Inquisitor or their Commander or other NPC miles above the players. What is their support crew like? How do they make the player's lives easier? Do the players trust them?
>>
What is the most powerful weapon your group managed to get their hands on that they utterly failed at using?
>>
>>51621934
My Rogue Trader took control of a massive Space Hulk and cleansed its depths of all Genestealers and Daemons (well, mostly). One of the ships was an Archeotech vessel from the DAoT that had dark matter weaponry that could annihilate worlds from the very core itself.

Instead, they annihilated a world by throwing the Space Hulk directly at the planet itself, turning it into a 50-mile wide chunk of Fuck You that tore a crater straight into the mantle, and permanently warped the climate beyond all habitability
>>
Asking again from the last thread: Does RT include Tyranid "ships"?
>>
>>51622228
Not official. Here's a homebrew that added them in though. No promises on quality
>>
File: Jojo Volkite To Be Continued.png (1MB, 767x844px) Image search: [Google]
Jojo Volkite To Be Continued.png
1MB, 767x844px
For those who asked, this is the Great Crusade Testing Ground.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1a5knb1wbgzo8hh/Deathwatch_Great_Crusade_Testing_Ground.rar

Remember, a few things.
-Ignore the Legion Destroyer. It is garbage and needs a rework.
-The Seeker is probably getting some of its weapon specialization talents nerfed.
-The Breacher and Recon should be fine. The Consul is half-done, but what is there should work.
-The req costs are all sorts of fucked up. You'll need to rig those up yourself for a little bit.

If you have feedback, be sure to post it. The stuff in there is WIP, and nowhere near complete.
>>
>>51622043
Absolutely retarded. But fitting, for 40k.
My group would have gleefully wrested all of the ships from the hulk, then GM would have another depression session on what to throw at us to get us killed.
>>
What are your opinions on the Subtly mechanic in 2e?
>>
>>51623309
Seems to work fine at a glance, I haven't used it yet.

Any tips for a new Dark Heresy GM who's been a player in Rogue Trader?
>>
Guy from previous thread whose RT group is currently holding a Emperor Class Battle Titan and is trading custodianship for favors from various IoM groups. Among the things the group wants to barter the Explorator wants a new manufactured Knight Armor suit.

Now, the character in question usually pilots the ship and has a best quality Mind Impulse Unit Tthe general consensus was that if it was a NEW suit the PC wouldn't have to worry about the previous pilots memories fucking with her so she could probably handle piloting the thing. However....

It is a massive political mess. Namely a person from a non Knight Noble household getting one causing all sorts of shit. But i found a potential solution, the correct Imperial Solution: We are going to lie and fabricate history.

The PC has a noble background and is from relatively newly built forge on a reclaimed world. Don't you know it, we found all these really cool cave paintings going back to the age of strife and these clearly show that in the past this was a Knight World! Totally legit, we swear. So obviously the PC is a distant descendant of these heroes of bygone days, as evidence she and her party were blessed by the Ommnisiah who guided them to recover a Emperor Class Battle Titan! It is the least the Mechanicum can do to restore this Noble Knights House to active service.

Sure does sound crazy but it is the truth, really. See, we have this Inquisitorial missive that says we acquired that Emperor Battle Titan legitimately and endorses our TOTAL HONESTY in all negotiations regarding fair compensation for returning it to Imperial service. Obviously us stating the former presence of a Knight Household on one of our members home worlds is covered by that. Even the Storm Wardens Chapter agrees, coincidentally said world being in their sphere of influence thus automatically oath binding the newly refund Knight House to them in time of peril.
>>
>>51624834
>Storm Warden Endorsement
>Camera shows fully armored Marine, face and rank obscured for security reasons
>"Hmmm......They do seem to have a Inquisitorial Mandate. By Imperial Law it is illegal for the Inquisition to be wrong, therefor illegal for anyone to doubt these Traders honesty."
>shrugs, wanders off camera
>Camera accidentally left on
>Voices heard in background
>"So you swear this new House will be honor bound to us if they swallow this load of Grox shit?'
>"Relax Brother, they already owe both of us Titan support for securing the Titan. Once i get the suit we can go stomp some xenos and rob them blind"
>"Sweet, hi five!"
>Loud clanking noise, screech of pain in binary
>"Arrrgh, my hand you broke my hand! Be careful Battle Brother, that is my future thermal cannon hand!"
>>
>>51623010
Is this what I think it is? HH home-brew rules?
>>
>>51624263
Don't overestimate your acolyte minions. They are fragile and much less important than RT chars.
Otherwise you treat it as lowlevel RT with RESPONSIBILITY.
>>51625166
Yeah.
>>
>>51624263
>Any tips for a new Dark Heresy GM who's been a player in Rogue Trader?

What this guy said:
>>51625342

RT characters are people who have a decent chance of telling an Inquisitor to go fuck himself and forcing him to negotiate with them. They theoretically might even have authority via their Writ of Trade to ignore some of the Imperiums Laws depending on where they are.

DH characters are just operatives working for an inquisitor. Despite their authority from the inquisition they are spies, cops and secret agents. Even if they take over command of an entire planetary government during an operation they are not on the same level as a RT party is.

BTW, Deathwatch is in the middle if you want a power scale, there is even a DW option "Kill Marine' for a lone marine that you want to send into a DH or RT game. A Space Marine is usually overkill for a DW game when it comes to combat but they are crippled when any sort of infiltration or covert ops are required. In RT a Marine's combat ability while useful isn't really a big deal, they need to make themselves useful in other ways. It can really be a shock to people who want to play a marine in RT to find out that their combat abilities are almost worthless compared to their leadership[ abilities or technical skill.
>>
What would be a good home world for a Adeptus Sororitas/seeker role?
>>
>>51626053
Feral/Feodal/Death
>>
File: Deathworld.jpg (64KB, 801x153px) Image search: [Google]
Deathworld.jpg
64KB, 801x153px
>>
>>51626103
This is my first time making a character, and those don't seem like good options to me at first glance, why those 3? Greenworld seems like the perfect choice to my novice eyes
>>
>>51626053
How about a scholar raised on a AdMech dominated feudal world?
>>
>>51626154
Why not? You wanted a SoB hunter, so I gave you one. Greenworld is too vanilla.
>>
>>51626154
Let it be a lesson for you. When you say "good" homeworld, no one is reading your mind but you.
>>
>>51624834
I hope the rest of the party's looking forward to being completely worthless in combat every single time the Knight enters the battlefield and auto-kills everything. Because that's what is going to happen.
>>
>>51626413
By that time GM probably rolls with Squiggoth hordes.
>>
>>51626383
I simply meant something that would go well with the aptitudes and give me a boost to the characteristics I need while not giving me negative modifiers on those stats
>>51626368
Garden world seemed like a good option, those other ones take away from my intelligence, influence and fellowship I think, which are good stats for a SoB/seeker right?
>>
File: IMG_4596.jpg (267KB, 640x2880px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4596.jpg
267KB, 640x2880px
In the last thread I asked a question about a large combat, and an anon told me to "Use the Only War squad based set up to divide them up. Basically, it makes them far less killy, and makes morale breaking an actual thing."

I thought I could figure out what that meant without spoonfeeding, but I seem to have herped the derp somewhere because I can't figure out where that is in the OW books. Can anyone help?
>>
>>51626441
Sure, you meant mechanically, setting-wise, or whatever, but without actually being specific you could be looking for something innovative, something to balance out your drawbacks, or anything else that might be "good".

Personally, I'd suggest Gregorn or Forraliss from Enemies Without.
>>
>>51626546
Well, you can also try mass combat in Tome of Blood, but I think it's meant for army vs army, not army vs bunch.
Don't know bout squads in OW, but you can simply try gutted hordes.
However if you fail to kill at least one acolyte in the process on 4 on 100, you'd better not show up here again.
>>
>>51626053
You mean garden world? Sure, great for keeping Insanity down, but you'll miss those Insanity points when you're a Battle Sister using those talents that gain power based on your Insanity bonus.

If you're the one from the thread the other day looking to make a non-Chirurgeon medic, I'd go with Deathworld (Yanth). In addition to getting Fieldcraft as an aptitude, you'll get a bonus to crafting under the Medicae and Survival skills, which will increase the utility of your character.

Feudal and Feral (and the normal Deathworld bonus, which will make your Seeker overall very tough to get the drop on) will make your character more capable in close combat.

>>51626154
Why do you want Garden World?

Why are you asking a question about a character you already have planned out?

>>51626441
Garden Worlds get Social, right? You're getting that as a Seeker. You even have the option of doubling up on it and getting a free Aptitude as a Sororita. Getting non-characteristic Aptitudes like Fieldcraft is great because it's a very versatile experience-cost reducer.

...your GM's not one of those roll-stat fags, is he? Like, why the fuck would your character become a Seeker if they rolled snake eyes when trying to determine their Fellowship and thus was a social retard? Do point buy and sink points into the important stats.
>>
>>51626200
Are you asking for advice or pitching a character concept for the post you quoted?
>>
>>51626636
It's ~20 combatants a side, so I would feel weird making it narrative, but fuuuuuck playing through a 40 person combat. Is there a middle layer of abstraction?
>>
>>51626691
Oh, for fucks, if you're that lazy or desperate, make it a few rolls of tactica, ws, bs, wp, tits, dick and shit and decide the outcome.
If they come up at least with some tactics, it should work.

But basically, you still are going to get a narrative because you don't want a bucket of dice. There's not much middle ground here, really.
>>
File: images (7).jpg (20KB, 383x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
20KB, 383x384px
How would I go about making a big bad sister like this?
Feudal world
Adeptus Sororitas
Crusader
Then when I can sister of battle
>>
Since anyone can be a psyker now, why would anyone go Mystic?
>>
I got in my game two characters who really are close and want to be able to communicate without words. First idea was telepathy, but we don’t have psyker in group. Next idea was good-best quality ear implants with build-in vox but it has limited range and can be hacked. Now they are thinking about psyber-lure. So I got a question. Can two humans be bonded via psyber-lure? Not like master-familiar, but like equals with ability to share thoughts and sensory information.
>>
>>51626923
Free psyker elite advance?
>>
>>51627514
But being a straight up syker is now a terrible idea because powers are so balanced and therefore shit.

Playing literally anything else and just taking the psychic advance and a couple of powers to boost your other actions is always better.
>>
>>51626915
You would?
Plate armor, big melee weapon with a hand flamer/exterminator, mostly writes itself.
>>51626923
Start with higher PR, pay far less for psyker related abilities and talents on the whole, sanctioned is far less likely to accidentally themselves and the party, even on a push (people are ignoring how witches will get phenomenon far more often, often with more devastating consequences), access to telepathica elite advance.
Also, y'know, because that's the character you want to play, because you are not a minmaxing twat and you play a character, rather than a statistic block.
>>51627503
Why not pick up Linguistics: Hand Signs? Cheaper, allows for wordless communication that can't be broken easily.
>>
>>51627532
They also want long range communications. If one get captured other want to know first.
>>
>>51627530
That's not exactly true though, as a Telepath at core I can do all kidns of funky mind shit, then I've got a whole range of side-powers and stuff that just keys off my really good Will or my bit more average Psyniscience, whilst I don't need any investment into like BS ro WS taking away from my Will and Fellowship, and I don't need to balance my XP between powers and talents it just mostly goes into powers. Someone who just takes psychic powers as a secondary would have a real hard time getting to the same level as me, I'm for sure overtaking the other psyker in the party as he's focusing now on WS after getting himself a force sword.
>>
>>51627530
You keep pushing that meme, anon, I'm sure someone will believe you.
Meanwhile, the people who play the game, like >>51627606, know just how stupid your statement is.
>>
>>51626546
It's in Hammer of the Emperor, anon.
>>
>>51626923
So you aren't hunted the FUCK down for being an unsanctioned psyker.
>>
>>51628074
You can be sanctioned psychic warrior or sniper or anything else. Sanctioning goes with a background. Mystic is a role.
>>
>>51627530
That's wrong tho. Starting up with a psyker straight away means you can start upgrading the powers and PR right now and not worry about getting elite advance with no Sanctioning and only 1 PR.
Besides, taking an Elite Advance is up to the GM and it's not like you can all suddenly allowed to psyker because you wish it.
And that's me sayng all that, I'm the one arguing about useless psykers from the last two threads.
They're still worth using, just not as OP as before.
In a way it's even interesting, since now you can actually fail Focus Power and Opposed WP tests.
>>
>>51628487
>with no Sanctioning and only 1 PR.

Astra Telepathica background gives you that, not the Mystic role
>>
>>51628501
Oh, right, I forgot. But who cares?
Is there any reason not to take it? Unless you roleplay a rogue psyker.
Adeptus Astra Telepathica is a background for psykers. I don't see who else can come from it.
And whatever it is, it's bonus only works at character creation.
>>
Retarded Alpha Legion antagonist anon from yesterday.

Since underplaying them isn't an option, how do you actually get a Chaos Marine, especially Alpha Legion, right narratively? I picked up a copy of Legion to help figure out the mindset, but I'm still concerned about "generic villain with power armor and implants". I have him behind the scenes and pulling other, more visible antagonists' strings as it is; they'll definitely meet the guy, but unless they're super observant (or come here to metagame), I doubt they'll figure out who he is, and it's unlikely to be on the field of battle until it's much too late.

Tl;dr: How to Alpha Legion antagonist? Dark Heresy.
>>
>>51628598
On a similar topic, how could one handle a player who decided to be Alpha Legion infiltrating the Ultramarines? One of my players in our 30k game made one with a fake backstory so Matt Ward it was painful and I'm curious what I could do for hidden objectives to give him.
As well, he's a Librarian disguised as a tactical. Was it a bad idea to do this?
>>
>>51628598
I have no idea if it's ideal, it might even be overly dickish, but I have an Alpha Legionnaire disguised as a loyal Marine the party found behind enemy lines with no ammo and his armour all shot to hell. He's currently accompanying them, reporting on their every move to the BBEG when he can and working against them behind their backs.
>>
>>51628598
I would make it so your players think they have figured everything out right before they storm the place.
If possible, give a few red herring, distorted rumors that makes you think the mastermind behing all this got a big armored bodyguard, maybe a chrono-gladiator or a combat servitor.
So they prepare well, gather all their assets and allies, and go confront the baddy. When they arrive, they find a thousands years old murdermachine in powerarmor at his desk instead of some old apocryphal cardinal.
And then the slaughter begins, with the chaos marine playing like a slasher villain while your players are trying to improvise a way to take him out.
The remaining cultists are getting completely berzerk now that the master is here, and the rest of the imperial forces are hard pressed.

If your party is high level, make it an Alpha Legion dreadnought instead.
>>
Bump us today our daily thread, God Emperor
>>
>>51628836
He's not even there, just a note and a lot of detpacks
>>
File: eliacube.jpg (13KB, 729x485px) Image search: [Google]
eliacube.jpg
13KB, 729x485px
>>51621934
A psychic artefact some 40 million years old of unimaginable power. The last user went mad and tried to turn back time and save his family.

To be fair, the campaign ended just after the final battle.
>>
File: IMG_4636.jpg (52KB, 760x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4636.jpg
52KB, 760x340px
>>51626737
Damn, I suppose you're right. Thanks anyway for the advice.
>>
Favorite weapon in any of the game lines?
>>
>>51631871
Our techpriest had a keyblade once which was pretty sweet. It was a power sword that opened doors
>>
>>51631871
I still hold the plasma gun that killed an Ork gunner at maximum range in one shot near and dear to my heart. That gun made the difference between all of us dying and our Valkyrie landing for evac. Never forget.

It later got Frankensteined into a death spewing hell cannon with S/2/4 and marginally reduced damage, with maximal still included and triple the overheat range. I continued to take the risk because who's going to complain about a curtain of plasma fire with no penalty at 300+ m?
>>
>>51623100
Hmm, there's a couple ways I'd handle that situation if I was DMing.

If the players are in a well populated system there's going to be a lot of different parties interested in the Hulk. Do you think the AdMech will walk away from an archeotech dark matter ship? Or the Inquisition just ignore the Eldar/Necron/whatever ship you just acquired? And that's just the Imperial factions interested in the loot.

If they were not in a populated system, the players have another problem - namely the logistical problem of manning a massive flotilla with the crew aboard their existing ship/s. Even if they dumped skeleton crews on all the hulk's ships, the ships still wouldn't be able to warp without a navigator. So the players have to leave the hulk/their new ships to go and try to contract a bunch of navigators to fly their new fleet while all sorts of stuff can happen in the meantime.
>>
So I asked about the wax seals with paper that characters all have on their uniforms clothes.

I was told to google purity seals, but they only mention Space Marine ones, badges of honor for succeeding in battle bestowed by the chaplain.

But what about the rest of the Imperium? Everyone has those things.
>>
>>51634070
They're basically a guarantee of spiritual purity (hence the name) for regular folks.
>>
>>51634102
Are they just regular paper? If they get shredded in battle can they be replaced, or do you just deal with having torn ones? Is it blasphemy to let your purity seals get damaged?
>>
>>51634126
>Are they just regular paper?
Sure. The exact material may vary based on the world of origin.
>Can they be replaced, or do you deal with having torn ones?
I've seen art of the latter, but typically they're replaced. Up to the individual. Damaged purity seals, while definitely not positive, aren't heretical; they're going to get damaged in the course of battle/purging/venerating the machine, after all.
>>
So psykers are rounded up on the black ships and taken to Terra where they're tested for power and control.

- Those lacking power and control are sacrificed to the Golden Throne in order to sustain the life of the Emperor
- Those with control but lacking power join the choirs of attendants who maintain the Astronomican until they burn out and die

Those who pass are broken, trained and rebuilt as Sanctioned Psykers. During this they may be requisitioned by special interests, or are otherwise divided out to other sections of the Imperium.

- The Inquisition gets theoretical first dibs on any psykers they want because that's how they roll.
- The Space Marines get next dibs, usually Grey Knights first since they need psykers who are also buff.

From here who gets next priority? Would it be the the Imperial Guard and the other Adeptus, who need psykers to fill key roles, or does Soul-binding to make Astropaths get priority with the remainder being issued to other Adeptus?
>>
>>51634445
>Space Marines get next dibs
Pretty sure that librarians come from neophytes/aspirants/whatever who turn out to have psychic potential.

As far as I remember, Astropaths generally come from the psykers who are at least somewhat above the Astronomican fuel, but not good enough to be safe without emprah's protection.
Psykers who are already decently resistant to exploding into daemons are probably assigned according to their skillset and demands of other Imperial bodies, giving the tough pyromancer to the guard etc.

At least that's how I understood it.
>>
>>51634641
>Pretty sure that librarians come from neophytes/aspirants/whatever who turn out to have psychic potential.

Maybe it's just Grey Knights then since this is the only place to nab useful and approved Grey Knight recruits.

So after sanctioning boot camp they're divided up where departments want/need psykers based on their aptitudes and powers, and those left unpicked are sent to the Emperor to see if htey survive soul-binding and can at least be put to some use as an Astropath.

Cool, thanks. That helps.
>>
Can you still reach the end of Dark Heresy 2 and move on to Rogue Trader? Or will we have to rebuild characters from scratch?
>>
>>51634704
Astropaths are far, far more important and numerous than the other kinds of psykers. I'd say they're what most think of when they hear the words 'sanctioned psyker'.
>>
>>51634951
Ok, thanks.
>>
>>51634893
The progression systems don't match, but you could hack it together.
>>
>>51621747

>Is forever GM for group.

Callophean engine. Rank 3 DH Group walked into the ruins of a knights errant armory. After much heresy (2 chars who were playing radicals in a group of 6) they found themselves the Much sought after "secret loot room" (techpriest was laying out a map IC and was all "there's a lot of unused room here, that's highly inefficient). Upon entering said techpreist saw one stasis field, went " omg mine" and made a b line for it. After trying to use it in 3 different encounters, and giving Tue party no less than 10 corruption and insanity from keeping it around he nukes all but one of the psyker brains after using spook to supercharge the grey matter powered weapon with some shit rolls and on his last roll he for saying fuck it to the weapon he bbq'd himself with it by rolling a low 80 and engulfing himself in warp fire. Along with a nearby nurgling. His char didn't have fate to burn that time and unceremoniously died from the team finally nutting up and exocuting him on the spot for being such a fucking liability.

Enperic conduit blade. Group assassin sees in same "secret room" and also made a b line for it. Went outside, tested it, activated the discharge on a tree, fails a fear test and drops it, still activated on himself. Birns fait to live. He is MIA for 2 days and gained a level of corruption from it. Group suspect he was the one that killed a contact because of his budding ties to the Vindicare.
>>
>>51628074
>tfw unsanctioned
>have high enough Deceive that the party thinks I'm not
>even fooled our Interrogator, who was the psyker's psyker
>>
>>51625342

The Horus Heresy should have remained myth and legend. The books have turned it into just another manchildren playground, barely different from 40k. I will never accept anything from 30k.
>>
>>51636459
That's actually a pretty great character hook, especially if your party's full of puritans.
>>
>>51634893
DH2 doesn't have an end, anon.
>>
>>51636609
It's proving to be interesting. I -really- like to play character flaws, as much as this seems to tick off another player in the group, and the other thing is that my character was born on a Khornate daemon world, so every time his powers fail or disappoint he slips a bit more into doubt over whether he should even be a psyker and subconsciously starts to embrace more chaotic kind of, not traits, but well...

>picked up Scrier's Gaze
>we're on a feudal world standing in the royal hall
>party, Inq and King all there
>we're discussing that we have to tackle a fortified position and get past it to some ruins below
>mention I just so happen to have been studying the divine arts...
>ask for a bowl of blood
>room goes deathly silent
>Interrogator pipes up
>"surely you mean one of the more, sanctioned, methods..."
>Inq is trying to save face
>"Um, will a, bowl of ichor from the local fauna do? I'm sure that'll do..."
>"Oh, it just provides such a smooth surface, I feel it's more effective, [Interrogator], than the other methods..."
>smash that Deceive roll
>everyone's still weirded the fuck out, but I just walk over to the royal shrine and collect my bowl of bug blood from a servant
And then the last thing I've bought was Tainted Psyker...
>>
File: Spooky Robot.jpg (286KB, 2528x2378px) Image search: [Google]
Spooky Robot.jpg
286KB, 2528x2378px
So, I'm going to be have my players regiment (OW) become stranded on a planet near ancient archeotech ruins when their troopship crashes. The game will initially focus more on survival than exploration; I want the true origins of the ruins to only slowly become apparent. Eventually, I want the players to determine that the ruins were created by an attack by the Men of Iron, malevolent constructs that even now are not dead, but merely sleeping (yes, I know that's kind of like the Necrons...)

Anyway, I'm looking for some some good images of Men of Iron or other robots/constructs that could pass as being created by humanity in ages past. Anyone got some good designs?
>>
>>51637670

Is that one of the Shrike's drinking buddies?
>>
File: Pax Imperialis 2.jpg (378KB, 1024x1566px) Image search: [Google]
Pax Imperialis 2.jpg
378KB, 1024x1566px
>>51637670

They were in the Pax Imperialis comic.
>>
File: Pax Imperialis.jpg (92KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
Pax Imperialis.jpg
92KB, 800x445px
>>51637670

Omnifex Swarms, Sun Snuffers, Mechnavores, all sorts of fun stuff happened during Old Night.
>>
I'd like to play Deathwatch again.

But I am GM'ing a DH 2nd game. The players are underhive scum but I'd like to introduce an enemy.
Are genestealers (even 2nd, 3rd or 4th gen Genestealer) too heavy handed?
Should I just introduce pussy heretics for slightly better than average starting heretics?
>>
>>51636858
Heh. That sounds like a fun character to play with. What do Khornate daemons make of him?

I love the idea of character flaws too. Currently, my aspiring battle-nun is domineering yet naive and occasionally stupid.

Case in point, last session we were gifted a ship from a local noble contact. All's going well and we find the lander that'll take us to the ship in orbit. Battle-nun decides to just knock on the door. Door opens and out steps a kroot that says "I am Kroot". OOC we laugh, but battle-nun is stunned with surprise before gutting the xenos right there and then.

It turns out the ship we were gifted is crewed by kroot mercenaries, allies of some nobles. Being naive though, the battle-nun immediately assumes that the kroot are pirate infiltrators poised to sack the planet, so now she (and a Tau-hating tech adept) are dragging the party along on a kroot-purging side quest.
>>
>>51638010
Heretics would be a better fight.
>>
>>51638056
But thats fucking gay and I want these shitters to understand that they are not as great as they think they are.
>>
>>51637670

I just realized that Necrons would work much, much better as sleeping dormant Men of Iron and i don't even mean that they just look to fucking humanoid.

T...thanks GW. Thanks a lot you fucks.
Why you are so inept at storytelling.
Christ.
>>
What are your tactics when in combat?
>>
>>51638109

RIP AND TEAR
>>
>>51638109
Try to adhere to the intelligence/"supposed training" of said adversary.
>beastial/daemon enemy
Fight as hard as they can as quick as they can
>Regular beast/human/xeno
>Fight their hardest until self-preservation kicks in.
>"Fight until the end enemies"
Fight as hard as they can until they are incapacitated or killed.
>>
>>51638109

If not dying counts as a tactic then definitely not this.....
>>
>51638109
Hit it with a melta grenade.
>>
HAWKS WIN

CUBS LOSE

GET FUCKED CUBS.
>>
File: No.jpg (89KB, 412x412px) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
89KB, 412x412px
GET

FUCKED

CUBS-SHITPOSTERS
>WOOOOOH
GET FUCKED
>>
>>51638658
What.
>>
>>51638658
>>51638523
Wrong thread.
>>
Are they still printing existing books or is shit going to get expensive
>>
>>51623010
>Destroyer
Where can I find Rad Grenades at, if anywhere?
>>
>>51640673
BC Tomb of Decay and 2e Enemies Within
>>
>>51640529
They are not. It's already expensive.

>>51638069
Then arm them like they're not poorfags and have them fight like they're not spastic retards. Have the basic cultists be the outer fringe of your Genestealer cult or one of their allies or cat's paws. Like, do we really have to walk you through basic shit?

>protip: the answer is yes, you're retarded.

>>51636858
Look up Hardened Soul and Dark Soul from Enemies Beyond as well.

>>51630942
Or do it Handsome Jack style, with a dramatically spinning chair and a (recently deceased) mannequin.

>>51628836
>yfw you pictured a Dreadnought at a desk

>>51628560
Psyker-minder personnel could come from that background. Even Untouchables, best wardens for the Black Ships. Anyone who works for the Adeptus Astra Telepathica could take that background. And they get to make use of The Constant Threat whether or not they're a psyker. The archetype in mind is psykers, but broaden your horizons a bit, brother, we're in a land of imagination.

>>51626923
Save 300 experience, Aptitudes.
>>
>>51640898
>his cult has to find a way to get manufactorums to produce office equipment of unusual size
>>
File: 14830735901520.jpg (41KB, 604x526px) Image search: [Google]
14830735901520.jpg
41KB, 604x526px
>>51635539
>Callophean psy-engine
After hearing about the Beast War, I've the most brilliant idea of using it as a supreme anti-ork weapon.
The idea is probably more for RT than DH, tho.
>>
>>51636844
Eventually you'll run out of talents to buy, and once everyone is an Inquisitor ten what?
>>
>>51641315
Den you steal some more talents from da other books.
Honistly, do you really think it's possible to get all of the talents in a relatively adequate game?
It'll take literally years during which you'll likely get bored. Or your gm.
>>
DH2e - what the hell is the point of a hotshot laspistol?
>>
>>51641928
For attaching a forearm weapon mount so you can shoot though that heavily armored guy who just got in melee with you.
>>
>>51641982
Also for baleful eye stats.
>>
>>51638025
We had a Khorne-themed adventure last mission, and it was probably lucky I wasn't there for half of it due to work. As it was there was one combat I opened up with a Pushed Assail (at an effective PR of 10 or 11) and there was just this shrieking through the room as the kinda Khornate presence there felt the use of such a psychic power.

>>51640898
>Hardened Soul
Already have it yeah, that's part of why I took Tainted Psyker.
>Dark Soul
Yeah, I don't think that goes well with Hardened Soul at all. One way ticket to max Corruption. As it is I have high Willpower, so I mean I don't want to rely on it to not gain mutations but it's better than jumping up my Corruption in leaps and bounds.
>>
>>51638025
>kroot-purging side quest
Sounds fun, but yeah this is generally why we don't let our Sister lead the party.
>>
>tfw no all administratum party
>>
>>51642197
>highly trained team of accountants and workflow managers, purging the heresy of misplaced reports and workplace suicides

I like it
>>
>>51642250
What better team to find out why the tithe was late and/or low.
>>
File: Hans_DL44_shoots_Vader_TESB.png (2MB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
Hans_DL44_shoots_Vader_TESB.png
2MB, 1536x864px
>>51641928

For when you want some stopping powah, i got a question though. Is the pistol backpack fed as well as the rifle or magazine charged?
>>
Quick question: In DH1e, a Sister of Battle character can't be an Untouchable, correct?
>>
>>51644173

>Is the hotshot laspistol backpack fed or magazine charged?

I don't know what makes this sentence sensual but im partially erect.
>>
>>51644173
Normally backpack, some models from DH1e mag fed, ditto for other game lines.
Fit it with a fire selector, can use either
>>
>>51644245

adeptus mechanicus pls go away
>>
>>51644245

I got just the thing for you then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08kSncpUnUo

If only there was a 40k version of this.
>>
>>51644209
No. Untouchable is available as a package, but doing that is pretty dumb as it prevents use of faith powers which nerfs the SoB
>>
>>51644209
She can, but can't use Faith Powers as a result (Radical Handbook p.38). She still benefits from the other advantages of the Pure Faith talent.
As a result, your Sister will never feel the gaze of the Emperor upon her. Which is a truly grimdark fate for a Sororitas.
>>
>>51644301
I see. I ask because the Untouchable entry in the Radical's Handbook says they "May have no other package, talent, trait or similar that grants psychic, faith, or warp-based powers... during creation or later development."
Since Sisters come with a basic faith power as standard, I read the Untouchable entry as preventing them from being a Sister at all instead of just nullifying that one talent.

I ask because I'm joining a Daethwatch-ish game in a few weeks and got permission to play a Sister (since they are great). I won't be the only non-Astartes; the GM gives non-Astartes a bunch of extra XP when starting to make up for the difference in power.
Being an untouchable Sister just sounded like fun.

While we're on the topic, should I use the Inquisitor's Handbook or Blood of Martyrs version of Sister?
>>
>>51644301
>>51644361
I disagree. The Untouchable entry says you can't take the package if you have a faith talent, and Sisters come with a faith talent.
>>
>>51644398
In Blood of Martyrs, Pure Faith is listed as a prerequite to all Faith Talents, but isn't one itself.
So even SoBs don't start with a Faith Talent.
>>
>>51644603
Awesome.

To be honest, I'm trying to get as close as possible to having a Sister of Silence using official rules, so this works out really well for me.
>>
>>51644370
As the other anon said, the lack of faith powers is probably gonna handicap you a bit.

Both versions have their advantages, even if BoM is more steamlined. Depends on the talents and skills you want to buy.
The Heresy Begets Retribution booklet has a template to pregenerate a Palatine for Ascension.

Also, be aware that SoBs are xp heavy in order to compensate for their gear and faith powers in DH, meaning reaching the Astartes with a SoB that is a blank on top of it, will be more difficult than with a regular DH character.
>>
>>51644647
Maybe you would be better off with a Death Cult Assassin rather than a SoB, in that case.
>>
File: 1473542970099.jpg (125KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1473542970099.jpg
125KB, 540x540px
>the only guy with common sense in our dark heresy 2E group won't be able to play next session

I'm both terrified and exited over what kind of shenanigans we might get ourself into.
>>
>>51644735
>Palatine for Ascension
That is indeed a nice option, but that one does specifically come with faith powers, so no untouchable. Still, if I go the other way with it...

Thank you for the help, btw. I really appreciate the advice. I'll certainly take the high xp costs info into consideration.

>>51644775
That might work, but power armour is a rather big part of the overall aesthetic, don't you think?
>>
>>51638109
Depends on the pc.

Current one is an assassin, so being sneaky as you can, and explosively ended combat is the goal.
>>
>>51644892
None SoB's can get power armor
>>
File: 1481344726328.jpg (98KB, 780x481px) Image search: [Google]
1481344726328.jpg
98KB, 780x481px
>>51638109

I just makes it up as i go along.
>>
>>51641928
Being able to use the various pistol related abilities.
Dual wielding.
Using your high pen weapon in CC when you dumped Weapon Skill.
Including a well known lore item.
>>
>>51638069
If the appropriate response doesn't hinder them, then they are in fact as great as they think they are, and you pulling shit out of your ass only further proves it.
>>
So what are the Logicians up to outside of Edge of Darkness? Where else do they come up?
>>
>>51646208
I think he isn't realizing just how much a problem a group of hive gangers are for acolytes.
I'll never forget when I had a bunch of pissed of gangers roll up with 2 technicals to hose down the bar they were in.
>>
>>51648565
forget technicals, just give them molotovs/fire bombs, and two guys with heavy stubbers
>>
Ministorum Seeker in a hive: Hand Flamer or Stub Revolver/Warhammer starting equipment?
>>
>>51650633
Revolver and warhammer as a flamer can easily cause some unintended collateral damage, especially with a range of 10m.
>>
>>51650633
Hand flamer, unless you have decent WS.
It's easier to get the revolver and warhammer later.
>>
>>51650805
Kind of what I figured.

I've been entangled in an All-Ministorum Party. Send help.
>>
>>51649994
I tend to stay away from fire bombs because of how powerful they are in a meta-sense, being primarily anti-pc in use, and because in a lore sense, rampant use of fire means burning shit down, which means at the very least, the enforcers might come after you, and if an adept dies, that means the fucking Arbites are looking for you. Firebombs are what you use when you need to murder some dudes in their hab, not have a fight on the street.
I went with technicals because they are easy to set up, and make complete sense. Why have someone run around with a heavy ass gun, when you can mount it on a autocarriage, tool around and shoot up a place at will?
Had my players squealing in terror as bullets ripped the bar apart, hiding behind flipped over tables, the bartender going down in a hail of lead, the few customers hiding or screaming their last breaths. They managed to crawl out of the back door into an alley, cat and mouse ensued.
>>51650898
You gotta purge ALL the heresy, son.
>>
>>51650633
The training for revolver and hammer apply to more weapons you'll encounter. You can always buy flame training and a flamer later
>>
>>51627530
was we talking about DH2ed here?
the same core with such great psyker trees?
you just need to be creative. or if you don't want to be, go pyromancy and deal crazy damage.
>>
>>51650898
>All ministorum
Oh, in that case, get a combat shotgun with flame rounds if you can.
>>
I don't really understand what kind of campaigns Only War is supposed to have. The players are regular, non-officer grunts so they can't really make any worthwhile decisions. So is it just an on-rails shooter?
>>
>>51651237
It's very open to the types of campaigns that can be run and it really depends on the players and the GM.

Yes it is war centered, and yes your party is almost always gonna take orders from a higher up, but that doesn't make it an on the rails shooter.

Here are a few scenarios:

> party is part of a recon regiment, they get tasked with recon on potentially hostile territory. Beyond the initial orders, how they proceed is all up to them.

>Players are a in a heavy armor regiment and are ordered to make a push with the rest of the regiment against enemy forces including fortifications and armor. Proceed to party playing as a tank trying to survive while blasting away at enemy vehicles, infantry and fixed positions, dealing with vehicle repairs, roadblocks, potentially getting cut off from rest of regiment,

>Players are in a standard line infantry regiment and the whole regiment is assigned with holding the line against a vicious oncoming assault. Perhaps the defense will be in trenches dug out in a field or on the walls of a command base or a city, or even at the walls & gate of a hive city. Players now have to prepare and try to find ways to not die and repel the attackers by any means.

The initial orders are rarely highly detailed, and the party always tends to have a lot of freedom in the execution of their orders. Plus they also need to juggle with issues of staying on the good side of the comissar, and if they do break orders they need to find ways to hide it.
>>
>>51651569
A lot of this.
You have oversight, not direct orders.
You report to someone, but someone isn't at your door, expecting you to answer to them at a moment's notice.
There is still plenty of room for personal initiative, so long as it does not directly counter a direct order or the overarching rules everyone is held to.
But remember: No wearing enemy pelts! That's an order!
>>
>>51626691
Use the formation rules from Hammer of the Emperor.
>>
File: 1471520187360.png (409KB, 487x594px) Image search: [Google]
1471520187360.png
409KB, 487x594px
>there will never be an FFG Ork game
>>
>>51652202
Drink up, cancerous Orkfag.
>>
>>51652202
Eh, just house rule it with OW as a base? There are plenty of Ork stats to use as templates, and almost all of their armory have been statted.
>>
>>51652202
>What is Rogue Trader
>>
>>51652357
I think Black Crusade would be better as a base. You build up Orkiness instead of Infamy and get bigger and stronger.
>>
Gm gave a power axe to someone on session two of DH wew.
>>
>>51653714
Least he didn't drop fucking World Eaters on them
>>
>>51654037
>Selling
Out of curiosity, do any of them actually know how ludicrously valuable an STC fragment is to admech?
>>
My players just discovered an STC fragment (the game is Rogue Trader) and are planning on selling it to the Admech. Obviously the reward should be substantial, but I'm trying to think up something more interesting than just "you gain X profit factor." The fragment itself is for a variant bolter design.

Anyone got an idea of what the reward should be?

>>51654058
Sorry, I deleted my previous post when I realized forgot to actually ask a question in it.
Yes, I realize that an STC fragment is stupidly valuable to the Admech, which is why I'm trying to ask this board about what would be a sufficiently suitable reward for so significant an accomplishment.
>>
>>51654058
>>51654084
Oh, and yes they do have something of an idea about how valuable it is since they have an Explorador in the group.
>>
>>51654084
Well, two guardsmen scouts go a planet each for finding an STC fragment for a combat knife.

Use that as a starting point.

The >selling part was because admech would be a lot more friendly if the PCs 'gave' the fragment over to them.
>>
>>51654119
Ah, I see. Well they're already pretty friendly with the admech (they have a peer relationship). Giving them the fragment would obviously move it up to a "good" relationship, but I'm not sure that really encompasses just how valuable this would be. They could "gift" it to the Admech and see what the Admech might "gift" in return. I'll think about floating that idea in my next game.

>Well, two guardsmen scouts go a planet each for finding an STC fragment for a combat knife.

That's correct, although I think that this fragment is probably less valuable than the knife STC.

If I remember correctly, the knife in question was a mono-molecular combat knife of the type now standard issue to all space marines and a hell of a lot of guardsmen. Compared to how big an improvement a knife that's just "better" than anything else the Imperium can mass produce would be to the war effort, I'm not sure that another bolter variant (even one that's pretty good) would be necessarily as valuable.
>>
>>51654219
Last I checked, it was just 30 chapters.

At the very least, best-quality gear from admech should be much easier to obtain.
>>
>>51654245
Hmmm, you might be right about the 30 chapters not that I think about it.

But yeah, a bump up to Good relationship, some much easier acquisitions for some of the Lathe world specific special goodies/best quality equipment, and a decent chunk of profit factor is probably what I'm going to go with. Maybe I'll throw in a (small) ship or two as well.
>>
>>51654267
Maybe give him some bodyguards or other highly trained admech to help him and/or the explorator.
>>
File: Chaos Lord Flaming.jpg (271KB, 1275x1754px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos Lord Flaming.jpg
271KB, 1275x1754px
>>51628598
>how do you actually get a Chaos Marine, especially Alpha Legion, right narratively?

I've posted this in other threads before, but in order to play Chaos Marines you basically have to play them as anti-PC's.

Chaos Marines are extremely strong, extremely intelligent, and extremely experienced warriors with centuries if not thousands of years of experience in warfare. Even the least capable among them is more than a match for any mere human, and can quite possibly lay waste to the entire party if they don't know what they're doing or he makes some lucky rolls.

He will use every manner of trick, trap, and tactic to gain an advantage over his foes. He'll lead them into fire-lanes, he'll booby-trap sections (skillfully, too - not that easily-detectable trash that Cultists attempt to use) and he'll use terrain to his absolute benefit, and if presented with a strong enough foe he'll retreat to gain higher ground and then redouble his assault. If his enemy is in cover, he'll hurl grenades at them until the bolt from it. If they possess heavy weapons, he'll get as close as possible and brutalize them in close combat to negate that advantage. If the enemy is potent in melee, he'll stand back and take them down with his heavier weapons, or at least wound it enough to charge in and finish the kill himself.

The major weakness of Chaos Marines, though, is that they're arrogant as hell. Centuries of fighting and killing for a living will leave you with a sense of inherent superiority, and they'll likely underestimate their foes if they're just normal humans. They may disregard caution to satisfy their inherent need to dominate the battlefield, and drink in the fear and terror of their prey as they slaughter them one by one. Players can use this to their advantage, though, by drawing them into traps of their own - but remember, they may very likely sniff out all but the most well-lain trap, and can go from 0-100 in seconds if their backs are against the wall.

Cont
>>
What are some fun chapters to play in Deathwatch?
>>
File: Even in Death, I am Alpharius.jpg (94KB, 500x424px) Image search: [Google]
Even in Death, I am Alpharius.jpg
94KB, 500x424px
>>51654403
>>51628598

Cont.

An Alpha Legionnaire will either be a lone operative or would work in a small, elite team of trusted comrades (if an Alpha Legionnaire can even have such things).

Their goal is not necessarily to remain hidden or undetected, but to hide their actual intentions and strategy hidden from the foe. He might feign incompetency and act like a barbarian warlord, leading his forces in mindless slaughter in order to lull his foes into a false sense of security, only to unleash a devastating and calculated assault against critical targets that leaves the enemy completely defenseless. He may act with extreme precision and ferocity while remaining partially anonymous, in order to convince the foe that his forces are far greater than they actually are. Above all, he never, ever engages in a course of action without a fallback contingency in case things go south unless he absolutely must do so, and he never reveals anything more to his allies than he absolutely must.

However, at the end of the day, he's still a proud, arrogant Space Marine, and ultimately he will want to be physically present at the culmination of his victory in order to grasp it himself from the foe. He still has to place the killing blow, and THAT is the ideal time for the PC's to spring the trap on him imo.
>>
>>51654450
Why wouldn't any given chapter be fun?
>>
>>51654477
>He still has to place the killing blow, and THAT is the ideal time for the PC's to spring the trap on him.

Definitely something I plan on and I'm keeping in mind. I've read the writeup on Chaos Marines in general before, I definitely appreciate it *and* the Alpha Legion-specific stuff.

Thoughts on the goal I have in mind?
>Lead-in is from Edge of Darkness, so Logicians and mind-controlled servitors abound, of course. Way in the background the Alpha Legionnaire is behind the Chiurgeon's work, with the aim of establishing a subtle/insidious control that isn't easily detected; mortals have proven unreliable over the centuries, and only complete compliance will do. Super control freak, more than usual.
>The end goal is to be able to subvert the system government and PDF; the planetary governor (already a recluse in his silver spire) is long since one of the Legionnaire's proxies, but the rest of the world has proven more resistant; silencing opponents can only go so far. Agents spread throughout the system, and slowly to other worlds, under his orders though well-hidden.
>The Legionnaire keeps the Logicians allied by appearing under the guise of an archaeotech seeker who's turned out successful- namely in the form of a shattered Battle Automata. If the players take way too long to work against the Logicians, or even aid them, there's a chance that it might be repaired enough to activate; now instead of just Body Snatchers, we'll have to deal with a wild Vorax in the underhive...

I'm not sure what side plots- you KNOW an Alpha Legionnaire has side plots- to throw in there from him, but I'm slowly working out characterization for the guy. He wants and needs control, likely a betrayer even by Alpha Legion standards if it appeals, but he prefers the approach with the least outward bloodshed. If he can get the Logicians to just do their work and make him a compliant populace, that's better than a violent uprising, no?
>>
>>51621934
Psyker in our party got tricked by a demon prince. Prince gave him a "do whatever you want" ability that allowed him to slaughter the crew of a pirate ship, rebuild a hive city defensive wall, and make himself incredibly beautiful.

Catch was every time he used it he was thinning the veil between the materium and the immaterium further. Eventually it was supposed to tear open a portal for the demon prince to enter the materium, fortunately we discovered his demonic connection ahead of time and dealt with him accordingly.

We tried killing him but he got away and became a BBEG ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>51653794
Think everyone would quit
>>
>>51653714
In 2e, that's not too bad. It's strong, but it has drawbacks (two-handed, -10 parry, no lightning attack). Using it is riskier and more situational than most ranged weapons anyway, since you're going out of cover and painting a big "shoot me" target on yourself.

Melee only really becomes viable once you have a power weapon anyway. Otherwise, your PC is risking its neck only to have its weapon broken my the first mook it comes across actually kitted out for melee.

Now, if your GM had dished out an Autocannon that early, then that's different.
>>
File: 9L1DesN.jpg (96KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
9L1DesN.jpg
96KB, 500x800px
In its death throes, I bump this thread for Chaos.
>>
>>51655105
Sadly that's the case in the campaign I'm in. The only reason I haven't quit is because we do a rotating GM thing. To not play in this DH2 group would mean I'd miss out sessions every other two weeks. I've already told the current GM he's throwing shit around with no regard to power levels and all I got back was "trust in my story."
>>
>>51656565
I know that feel. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.
>>
Here, have some Machine Spirit Rapefic involving a giant Morty Wall.

And as the Dark Omnissiah overlooked the disembodied machine spirits of the ancient lost ark mechnicuses, they melded
using the dark taint of the eye of terror. Excess budded off, filling the blank spaces of the ancient knowledge's amnesia.
From the three greatest machine spirits a fourth was born.
The Dark Mechanicus cheered in unison, for the project was a success. The Dark Magos Fryht was the first to defile the
purity of this machine spirit. The ancient mass of barnacles and metallic tubing instilled in it the ancient knowledge of
Magnus.
"Together, oh Aerugo, we shall rule this reality." The Ark Mechanicus had no words, for it was still learning the reality
of the winds of Chaos. The ebb and flow of the immaterium.
No less than eighteen hundred million cultists souls and bodies had gone into the construction of the hull for this
machine spirit. Stitched together with their cries of pain. The mechanicum instructed the device through a decorum of
ancient rituals. Fryht's servo-skull hummed, "First target, Cadia, locked on. Projected time of battle: 8 months.
Initiating Translation."
A small village was killed by a barking toad shortly after. Their last sight was eighteen hundred million cultists crying
in pain as they tore through the veil between materium and immaterium.
Using the power of bad writing, Cadia destroyed the vile three-parent unholy matrimony excuse for an Ark Mechanicus in the
amount of time it takes for a plot hole to riddle a bio-engineered space hull with enough bullets to rebuild a hall of the
Holy Terran Palace.
>>
What is the most complex condition(s) you'd allow for use with the Ready action?
>>
>>51658420
When specific target touches gun, I'll (x).
>>
>>51650946
Hand flamers though are harder to get and much more useful, so to start with one is pretty great.
>>
>>51659165
>much more useful
Until you burn the hive down.
>>
>>51660800
Hives have been here for millenia, you'd think they would have run out of flammable material, or at least created some firefighting system, even if it's just the sewer release valve.
>>
>>51662148
Well, you'll still likely burn out a chunk of the hab block you're in. The structure may be fireproof, but heat can still weaken metals, and I doubt your bedding, furniture, etc. are all fireproof. Expand that across the Kowloon-like density of hives, and it may not be a tinder box, but it's definitely a firewood pile.
>>
>>51662365
Also have to think about all the parchments and purity seals around. The oxygen consumption of the fire would be more dangerous in a place like a hive.
>>
>>51662397
How would you model that oxygen depletion? I'm no firefighter so I don't know exactly how it works. Pockets of air?
>>
>>51662148
ingenuity is tech heresy
>>
>>51656480
Awesome pic. I'd like to see more tacticool Chaos rebels getting everyone riled up for an uprising. Is there a chaos equivalent to Che Guevara?
>>
>>51652202

Use Rogue Trader? Into the Storm gives you the Ork Klass, along with 2 specialist trees. Decent DM could come up with more if needed.
>>
>>51664216
One of the baneblade variants was literally made by welding a titan arm to a baneblade chassis
>>
>>51664216
Life is directed motion.
The spirit is the spark of life.
Sentience is the ability to learn the value of knowledge.
Intellect is the understanding of knowledge.
Sentience is the basest form of Intellect.
Understanding is the True Path to Comprehension.
Comprehension is the key to all things.
The Omnissiah knows all, comprehends all.

Take your ignorance elsewhere you unaugmented simpleton.
>>
>>51664216
Tell that to the Ordinati.
>>
>>51667653

Ordinatus were invented only according to Forge World, which isn't canon.
>>
>>51667709
>Forge World
>not canon
So the Horus Heresy isn't canon?
>>
>>51667771

The Horus Heresy is a time of myth and legend, not statblocks.
>>
>>51667771
>only FW has provided any setting info on HH
>>
Why didn't they just get a load of psykers to heal he Emperor?
>>
>>51667907
Doesn't make the Forgeworld fluff any less canon. Now if you want to disregard that because myths and legends are fantastic world building tools and you think it works better for 40k as a setting if the details of the Horus Heresy is lost in legend. Go ahead, do that. I'm all with you. But it doesn't mean Forgeworlds Horus Heresy books are any less canon, especially considering that GW put out the Burning of Prosperor and Betrayal at Calth boxes, not Forgeworld, for the Horus Heresy game. Well, that's a pretty firm endorsement of Forgeworlds telling of the events.

Now if you want to completely and utterly disregard anything BL has written on the matter, I'll happily join you in shitting on that poor excuse for toilet paper.

>>51667937
>I'd rather make the Black Library Horus Heresy canon rather than Forgeworlds
>>
Any fucktarded ideas your PCs tried that actually worked?
>>
>>51671119
I'm going to try running an Untouchable Sister of Battle. Game won't be for another two weeks, but I'd be happy to post results.
>>
>>51671330
Why not stop at Adeptus Sororitas?
>>
>>51671330
One of the Sisters in the All Sisters Party is an untouchable. Whenever she's not playing haemonculus in her medbay and with captured prisoners she's rather useful.
>>
>>51642140
Er, yeah. Dark Soul isn't th at good, I hadn't read it in a bit.

>>51641928
What's the point of your question?

>>51644262
Fuck you, meatpleb.

>>51638109
Advance with shield to use shotgun to effect, or chainblade. Thank the Emprah for combat vests.

>>51646944
The heretics book for 1e has information on them (Purge the Unclean, I think?).

>>51655105
What gags.

>>51664406
Probably Erebus, since they're both contemptible shitheels that brainwashed losers look up to.

>>51668011
Plot.
>>
Are Living Saint player characters feasible?
>>
>>51671858
No.
>>
>>51671858
>>51671889
>>51671858
No, but I just got an idea for a noblegoodbright (by 40k standards) Black-Crusade-alike where your characters play as Sisters of Battle. Make an expanded list of Faith talents with every Aptitude covered at least once, and it's a race to 100 Insanity with all Faith talents. Characters have to balance combat enhancement with social upgrade so they can Inspire and uplift the masses and spend experience outside of their comfort zone so that they can become Living Saints. As characters grow more and more insane, if they burn fate, there's a chance that they will experience a miraculous resurrection that does not actually burn a fate point, the chance of which increases with your Insanity bonus. However, if you hit 100 and sanity without gaining all the faith talents, sorry, no prize, it's the sanitarium for you. If all characters ascend at the same time, you can rest assured that whatever segmentum they are working in doesn't have to worry about shit for the next couple of decades, and characters in the next loyal campaign your group plays gain Fate points and starting acquisitions.
>>
Hey guys, I know this is such a shitty overplayed thing to say, but I'm DMing my first campaign tomorrow and would like any tips you guys have learnt.
We're playing DH2E and I've already written the general line of the campaign and the important characters/events/locations.
>>
How cyberpunky should I make the hive I'm setting my DH campaign in?
>>
>>51633208
They can translate and traverse the warp without a Navigator, they would just have to stay by a ship that does have one.

The mechanicus did something like this in the Priests of Mars trilogy.
>>
>>51672621
That is entirely up to you. The people who work and/or live around heavy machinery would have more bionics than the ones who don't.
>>
>>51668011
Why didn't they just get a load of transfusion blood to heal that polytrauma?

>>51671858
If you use the catholic method, you're eligible for sainthood as soon as you use faith powers twice.
Besides, if the Ecclesiarchy decrees that you're a living saint, you are one.

But if you mean ressurection and other major powers, then no.

>>51672464
It's less of a problem in DH since you're fighting chaos and xenos, but:
>Common character creation session.
It prevents interparty backstabbing, and improves roleplay a lot since the players have a common base. And it often makes for plain better characters IMO.
>When the game stalls, throw in a combat encounter.
>Don't aim too big
>Don't hesitate to focus your players if necessary.
>A session should be something like 3 scenes. Try to put them all in, or you'll never finish your campaign.
>If your players go off the rails, let them. They're having fun and you'll always find a way to reintroduce your plot later.
>3-4 players is the best number.
>>
>>51673372
>But if you mean ressurection and other major powers, then no.

can't they just kill and revive the emperor?
>>
Question. Making a 2e Astropath character (Highborn homeworld, AAT background and Mystic role ofc) that I intend on focusing on telepathy with. What non-telepathy psychic powers are more-or-less vital in 2e?

And how can I ensure that my psyker is as safe as possible from suddenly melting her own brain?
>>
>>51674340
There's an Astropath elite advance in EB. You get soul bound and you can get Astropath Warp Lock, which like a regular one without limit, but you must spend fate point each time. You can combine those two probably. Also buy Soul Ward.

It also gets it's own set of Psychic powers.
There are no vital powers anymore and if you disagree, you can look it up yourself.
>>
>>51674476
I already have the Astropath elite advance, actually, and will definitely be working my way towards Bound To The Highest Power.

Where do I find Soul Ward?
>>
Ok so weird question, but do all lasguns use the same chargepacks? Like, if I'm armed with a lasgun and a long las, can I use my ammo interchangeably?
>>
>>51674504
Yes
>>
Any tips for playing a Void Master?
>>
>>51674492
>I already have the Astropath elite advance, actually
>Where do I find Soul Ward?
How about you actually read about it you blind twat?
It's the talent right below the Special Rules sidebar and the next page.

That's basically it. You'll have a hard time succumbing to those perils, unfortunately.
>>
>>51674545
Imagine a vehicle ace commander in spess. That's all.
>>
>>51674856
Oh, shit, I'm an idiot. For some reason I thought it must be a piece of wargear like Hexagrammic Wards and was looking through the Armoury section of every single rulebook I have.
>>
>>51674868
Nope, there's only Immateria Ward from 1e.
But you can buy Scarce consecrated scrolls for a free reroll on the phenomena tables.
>>
>>51674504
All the rifle-type (i.e. basic class) lasguns share charge cells. Laspistols use a smaller version. The hotshot Las weapons, previously known as hellguns, use a bigger, belt or backpack mounted power supply.
>>
In the campaign Desolation of the Dead in the GM handbook, it ends with the players having a massive battle against tons of cultists a sorcerer and a Herald of Nurgle. How are the players supposed to kill the Herald? It seems like the main weapons that they would have had available to them can't really even hurt him.
>>
>>51675476
Well, hellguns can also use lasgun charge packs, but eat them like candies, effectively dividing clip by 4.
>>
Alright /tg/, I'l soon be GMing a game of Black Crusade soon and it'll be my first time GMing and I'd like whatever advice you think I'll need.

The party consists of:
A warpsmith
A dark apostle
Thousand Sons sorcerer
Pirate Prince.

I'm not entirely ignorant of the system, I've read the rulebook through and have watched a Dark Heresy campaign get played through on a stream so I understand the system etc.

However I'm struggling to think of a good starting adventure for the party, the starting ones in the books aren't particularly interesting to me. Any advice or experience?

Also, given that the party is predominantly CSM I presume I'll be throwing a lot of hordes at them. Is there a way to make combat against hordes more interesting while keeping the pirate prince useful in combat?

Any advice relating to these and more is very much appreciated.
>>
File: 1207366449886.png (151KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
1207366449886.png
151KB, 620x465px
Long time lurker here. Wanted to ask you guys if you used the Amaranthine Syndicate in your own campaigns and in wich ways did you evolved it ? .

I am starting my new(and first) campaign revolving around a discredited trade magnate, wich the acolytes are tracking down, only to find the true masters.

Any feedback welcomed.
>>
File: 1473913339920.jpg (361KB, 1920x1310px) Image search: [Google]
1473913339920.jpg
361KB, 1920x1310px
>>51676857
Well, the corebook suggests that Hordes concentrate their attacks on the CSM and don't get a damage bonus against regular humans, so there is that.
Giving the Pirate a bonus to stealth during combat so that he can sneak around and do interesting things might be good. That, or give the Pirate a cadre of his own that can be used in open battle to secure objectives/engage other hordes/act as his human shields.

As far as starting adventures go, I think "liberating" a starship and the planning going into that is probably a good start. Can't be a pirate without a ship, after all, and it's a good way to bind the party together.
>>51672621
Entirely your choice. Necromunda was usually played as Wild West +Mad Max + a dash of Cyberpunk. You can go full cyberpunk, with neon street lights and perpetual rain, or get weirder. Ambulon is a hive that walks, with an underclass clinging to the bottom of it, eking out a living on rope bridges and precariously suspended settlements. Sibellus, the capital hive, is a massive sprawl along a coast line, and the nobility take great pride in making their homes look like their made out of ruined statues.
>>
Are there any good homebrew rules for the Traitor Legions in Deathwatch? I'm thinking of using it to run a game set during the Horus Heresy
>>
>>51628688
> found behind enemy lines
And they didn't become immediately suspicious?
>>
File: Omega_Vault_horz.jpg (68KB, 600x420px) Image search: [Google]
Omega_Vault_horz.jpg
68KB, 600x420px
So, I know the Omega Vault's final content is meant to be multiple choice and the thing is basically a plot hook generator for the GM, but based on clues in the earlier books does anyone have any idea what it might actually have been intended to be before the line decided at the end to just not define what was in there?

There's mention in the core book of the entire Watch Fortress having been built around something that was old when Sol was still forming from the cosmic dust and ether, there's weird temporal shit associated with the sector and the fortress itself seen most blatantly in the Black Reef and any time Inquisitor Saturn shows up in the later Deathwatch books. There's also a potential link back to Dark Heresy with the Haarlock family given that spooky time shit was a major theme during the Haarlock's Legacy campaign, and they come as a family from the Jericho Sector.

I just feel like there was actually an initially intended 'real' answer to the Omega Vault's final chamber at one point. Or at least there were clear themes being worked with.
>>
>>51677620

Not yet.
>>
Advice for building a broken character for either Deathwatch or Black Crusade?
>>
>>51677810
No, they original designer has pretty much come out and said there was no over-arching thought behind the various gm hooks....they were just ideas tossed in the book.
Which means you are free to do as you will! Your idears are automatically better than what they came up with, cause they didn't come up with anything. (And you've probly already pieced more interesting tidbits together than the original authors intended - Haarlock involved with the Omega Vault? God-Emperor, NOOOOOO!!!!!)
>>
Anyone want to hear about my recent Only War game where a Ratling shot an ork dakka jet out of the sky while riding a flaming valkyrie uncontrollably careening towards the ground?
>>
>>51671392
>Why not stop at Adeptus Sororitas?
Do you even edgelord, brah?
>>
>>51680691
Do you even have to ask?
>>
File: haarlock.png (260KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
haarlock.png
260KB, 612x792px
>>51680669
>And you've probly already pieced more interesting tidbits together than the original authors intended - Haarlock involved with the Omega Vault? God-Emperor, NOOOOOO!!!!!)

I'm gearing up to run DW after a few years break from 40k RPGs after we ran the whole Haarlock's Legacy plus some bonus investigations I threw in. It was fun but a break was needed, you know?

Little do the players know, the old DH acolytes are going to appear as Throne Agents (and a Rogue Trader) still running down the mysteries of that house. I think I'm going to spring some Legacy inspired shit on them on a mission before running into old PCs though.
>>
>>51680890

Well I was just wondering if anyone was curious, anyways, I guess I'll start outside of standard meme arrow format.

So I was hosting a game of Only War earlier and today the squad had previously been involved in defense of their regiment's transport ship. The first goddamn shot my ratling player fired was a 1 to hit and a 10 to damage an ork nob, instantly killing him with the amount of damage put out. He started off strong, and consistently rolled in the teens during every combat action he participated in, dealing ridiculous damage on every shot and taking out like 3 of 10 ork boys on his own, each with a single shot while they were on the ship.

Anyways, fast forward to the next mission. The squad is on a Valkyrie transport flying to their objective on the surface of the planet. Two dakkejets come in and begin to try and shoot down their transport. A small dogfight occurred where the valkyrie managed to shoot down one of the dakka jets and then got hit from behind. The ratling's companion got hit by a stray shot and was completely obliterated by the hit while the other two fucked up the valk beyond all repair and sent it in a downward spiral towards the ground. The squad begins to all jump out the back with their grav chutes aside the ratling. He calmly strode to the open landing ramp, took aim, and fired a called shot at the cockpit of the dakkajet and proceeded to roll a fucking 1. He instantly fucking killed the enemy ork pilot as he jumped out of the back of the valkyrie which exploded behind him. He then made a perfect landing while half the squad splatted on the ground.
>>
>>51681569
Your players should be very worried once they start seeing this stuff start to come together.....nice.
>>
>>51682005
The Dark Traveler returns, anon
>>
>>51675742
>they would have had available to them
What? Players can start with all kinds of weapons, especially that one background that essentially lowers availabilities at chargen can allow someone to start with a fucking bolter.

Also this is why you have a psyker and/or sniper, to deal with daemons.
>>
>>51676857
Don't think of the game like Pathfinder/DnD. The party DO NOT have to stay together at all times, give non-CSMs other stuff to do preferably away from the combat. At the very least if they do end up in combat together, of course attacks are going to be heavily concentrated on the hulking CSMs over the mere cultists.
>>
>>51680229
Why do you wish to be such a faglord?
>>
>>51682027
Again!? What a jerk! Time for some space marine justice, then.
>>
Is there some value to needle pistols that I'm missing or are they just total shit for what it takes to get and use one?
>>
>>51682713
Completely silent and untraceable. They're an assassin's weapon, and pretty much nothing else.
>>
File: the blind tesseract.png (521KB, 719x509px) Image search: [Google]
the blind tesseract.png
521KB, 719x509px
>>51682640
Clearly if his initial plot to escape on Dusk was foiled, he'll have to reach deeper into his family's temporal occultism and science, all the way back. To the beginning, where the first foundations of their art was laid down.

Or something. If he isn't forever trapped in Komus though, I'd not be shocked if there's something in the Black Reef that can help him get out.
>>
>>51683043
With 1d10 damage and 0 pen and 'only' toxic 5, you'd have to get lucky to kill someone with it, especially if they're wearing armor. At least the basic version can use Accurate dice.
>>
>>51683160
I think they're more like assassin weapons for normal high society, you know?
>>
>>51683246
Considering 40k high-society politics, decorated body armor is fashionable.
>>
File: 1485820882626.gif (639KB, 200x152px) Image search: [Google]
1485820882626.gif
639KB, 200x152px
>>51683049
you bad bad anon
>>
File: spectre cell 17.jpg (356KB, 1050x750px) Image search: [Google]
spectre cell 17.jpg
356KB, 1050x750px
>>51683611
My players still respond to jokes about some of the recurring lines and motifs of the Legacy campaign in totally unrelated games. I think it'll go over well to go back to that at least a bit. Plus, its hard in Deathwatch to really go full spooky since you're such a badass the most tense stuff is often about being mad out matched rather than the universe being scary.

I might even bring the Spectarians in as an Inquisition faction.
>>
>>51683750
You've put some thought into this - jelly! Yes, your players ought to have a nice time sweating in their armor....
>>
File: 1471064500162.png (6MB, 1752x1718px) Image search: [Google]
1471064500162.png
6MB, 1752x1718px
>>51683794
>You've put some thought into this
Its been years, I've had time to think. I wanted a break from 40k for a while and run more than one game in a week, but have been ready to go back to it when an opening is presented for a bit now. I look forward to it, if only for the high risk space marine action.
>>
Khornate cultists that use SP weapons with bayonets and collect all the expended brass to make skulls out of and icons of Khorne. How is it as a cult idea?
>>
File: 1471064255896.png (5MB, 1712x1720px) Image search: [Google]
1471064255896.png
5MB, 1712x1720px
>>
>>51683901
Why is that smurf so skinny though?
>>
>>51685061
Fasting. He is a Chaplain. Or will later be one? I forget when that happens.
>>
File: 1471064937380.png (2MB, 604x1716px) Image search: [Google]
1471064937380.png
2MB, 604x1716px
>>
>>51684765
>Those proportions
That giant sergeant, his micro legged beltabomb carrier and the apothecary with the giant left arm.
>>
>>51683332
A noble is far more like to be wearing actual clothes, that's the the fashion of high society and it's almost like a status thing in and of itself to not need armour because you're surrounded by other security measures.
>>
Nurgle > Slaanesh
>>
>>51683901
>Dhalsim joins the ultramarines
>>
Hey there, looking to start up a Dark Heresy 2nd edition game, already got a few players but I'm looking for more if you're interested.
The background and rules are all in the discord
https://discord.gg/Jwv3CER
>>
>>51636469

All of 40K is a manchildren playground and it has been since its inception.
>>
Dark Heresy 1e; does it specify anywhere what happens when you double up on a talent or skill?
>>
Favorite home brewed piece of gear? My group allows for new item creation, but the player can only choose 2 of the stats and the GM gets to make the rest up. You then roll to see if there are plans (anything below an 80 has plans, 90-100 is tech heresy and you've pissed the AdMechs off) and then craft as normal. This resulted in a 4 barreled shotgun with 3 different profiles and an accurate flamer that launches the spent tanks like incendiary grenades. Neither was tech heresy, but the razor sharp Power-Chainsword totally was.
>>
>>51689188
>Razor sharp Power-Chainsword
You mean like an eviscerator?
>>
>>51689198
Yeah, but one handed. It wound up being a chainsword with some of the guts of a powersword bolted on to it. Power field flickered on right before impact with a sound suspiciously like snicker-snack.
>>
>>
>>51689121
you cant double talents or skills. if you are given them via character generation.

Talents dont do anything if doubled, and you dont get the advanced level of a skill if you get the base level twice.

>correct
T1+T1=T1

>incorrect
>T1+T1=T2
>>
>>51690114
With one exception: in DH2e, if you're from a Daemon World, you get the Psyniscience skill. It clearly states that if you get the Psyniscience skill from any other source during character creation, you get the second tier of Psyniscience. But AFAIK that is the only exception.

On an unrelated note, I have found a way to create utterly riskless Psykers, at least in 2e Dark Heresy. If you have the Adeptus Astra Telepathica background, you can decrease (or increase if you want to you fucking lunatic) your Psychic Phenomenon roll by your Willpower bonus. Enemies Beyond has a nifty little piece of wargear, called the Banishing Rod. Psykers within 5m cannot push their powers, and they reduce the result of any rolls on the Psychic Phenomenon table by -20.

If you have an AAT Psyker with Willpower 60+ and a Banishing Rod, they are utterly immune to Perils of the Warp. And if you give them Favored by the Warp, they can roll twice on the table and pick whichever result they prefer.
>>
>>51690298
Addendum: and if you install the Banishing rod on a Monotask Servo-Skull, you can order it to head 5m away from you on the off-chance that you ever need to push a power.
>>
>>51621747
Where can I find Groups to play with online on weekends?
Preferably normies that like trpgs and not asperbergs, I've had some bad experiences already.
>>
File: 1482356604655.jpg (228KB, 1280x923px) Image search: [Google]
1482356604655.jpg
228KB, 1280x923px
When stacking the same aptitude and having to select a new one, does it have to be the primary ones or can you pick secondary ones? I've assumed it was both, but reading it through again I'm not so sure, seems really restricting.
>>
>>51690434
Characteristic aptutudes only.
>>
>>51689121
I feel like they mentioned that in Rogue Trader maybe
>>
>>51690434
Characteristics only, the game seems to go to great lengths in denying some classes fieldcraft, finesse and defense and I can sort of see why.
>>
File: 9mm.gif (2MB, 240x103px) Image search: [Google]
9mm.gif
2MB, 240x103px
>>51690459
That just seems pointlessly restrictive and pigeonholes people into a limited set of actually useful builds, with several character concepts just being entirely out of the question if you wanna try surviving more than three sessions. Doesn't even do anything to balance the different builds. Melee assassins for instance go from being suboptimized to just plain shit, while the optimized shooty assassin build remains untouched, seeing as they can become tanky and dodgy as fuck while still having everything aptitude they need to shit ranged damage on everything, granted they will have to have exorcised, arbites, or telepathica as backgrounds, all other assassins will have to pay out the ass for anything related to dodge, while those three can combine with over half the home worlds and add toughness so not only to they become extremely hard to hit very fast, they also become hard a fuck.
>>
>>51631871
No idea why but I'm in love with the Man-portable Lascannon.
>>
>>51631871
My Rogue Trader managed to cut a deal with some Dark Eldar to get them to upgrade a Firepike she had looted from a bunch of Eldar earlier (the GM ruled that only Eldar were capable of modifying Eldar weapons despite the fact that our group included an Explorator with a minor in Xenos Studies).

It's now a Fireglaive: the exact same profile as a Firepike (i.e. 60m range, massive damage, Melta, Reliable) and she can use it in melee combat as well with some neat little bonuses. Next step is to try and get it a Power Field.
>>
>>51631871
Eviscerator
>>
>>51690716
tbf, xenos studies != xenos armourer
>>
>>51683901
Who puts collars on genestealer hybrids? THey're mind controlled to begin with, that seems a bit redundant.
>>
>>51691790
Mechanicus xenobiology experiment gone wrong and needing purification?
>>
>Want to play deathwatch
>Only group nearby is half interested at best with 1 or 2 people who are really into it.
>GM babies us, despite his claims that he wants to murder us
>Nobody knows the rules except for me.
>Can't do any cool squad mode patterns or stances
>Get yelled at when I try to rules lawyer
Is playing online good? If so, where do I go?
>>
>>51682246
Do you have any tips for describing horde combat to the players? Obviously CSM can wade through a crowd of people/gribblies but that doesn't seem like an appropriate description for a human.

Again, if anyone has some advice I should definitely keep in mind I'd love to hear it.
>>
>>51691897
Roll20 is normally a great service for rpgs but so far every 40k rpg group that I've joined has been comprised of irredeemable scrubs.

People who are genuinely new can be tolerated but I've been with idiots that have been playing for 2 months and still don't know how combat works on a very basic level.
>>
>>51692040
>They will hit you a million times and you can't dodge it and attacking it with a weapon that would normally kill droves still doesnt do shit to it. Oh, and your fancy shmancy special abilities don't work because uh... horde rules.
This is pretty much how a retarded metagaming GM described every single horde he threw at us back when I played with that one group in roll20.
>>
>>51691897
Online is a last resort if it's with strangers

Maybe GM for them?
>>
>>51692040
wading through the river of blood as hands reach out and grasp your armour. Crushing fingers in your joints and bones under your boot as you wade through them axe swinging wildly, every swing trailing sprays of blood over the sea of people. With every ten you kill a score more take their place.
>>
>>51691897
I actually could use one more body in an alternating Wednesday game online if you're legit desperate. Most of us are pretty capable, two players are new and will be needing some hand holding as they're rules lite favoring people normally but not likely to be of the too retarded to learn sort, from other games we've played together.

We'll be doing it on text chat on discord and using roll20 for a roller and map. If you're in bad need of a game we can try and fill that hole, but I'd really recommend trying to work something up with your existing irl group. Maybe trade with the GM and see how that goes?
>>
>>51692424
Heh, I'll fill ur hole if u know what i mean ;D
>>
>>51692424
>I actually could use one more body in an alternating Wednesday game online if you're legit desperate
I am indeed desperate to play. My Wednesdays are free for now, my normal hours being cut. I've never used discord or roll20 before, what do they require?

>two players are new and will be needing some hand holding as they're rules lite favoring people normally but not likely to be of the too retarded to learn sort, from other games we've played together.
Can't be worse than the group I get stuck with.

>Maybe trade with the GM and see how that goes?
Good god, trying to stop those guys from meming about vine videos whenever it's not their turn sounds horrible.
>>
>>51692297
>>51692359

Well that sounds great. I did think it seemed stupid at the amount of rules that hordes frankly ignore. Is it worth using a few smaller hordes punctuated with some strong individual enemies the PCs can properly fight? My team and I aren't interested in metagaming and minmaxing, just a cool experience.
>>
>>51692622
In all honesty, hordes are generally used as a fuck you to half your players abilities and the ways they can avoid getting hurt. The only reason I'd ever use them is if I wanted my players to take guaranteed damage and if I wanted to simplify the game by ignoring half the shit.

I would just use masses of singular enemies rather than resorting to this drivel but that's just me.
>>
>>51692665
I was hoping someone would suggest this, because the horde rules make combat sound so boring, I'd rather describe to my players how their characters are killing each mook rather than just wading through a crowd, which makes it seem very mundane.

This is why I was worried about the pirate prince, but I'm sure I can think of something he can fight and still be useful.
>>
File: cultist with helmet.jpg (20KB, 236x398px) Image search: [Google]
cultist with helmet.jpg
20KB, 236x398px
>>51671669
>Erebus
Nah, the more I think of it the more I realize Cypher is the easy answer. I was kind of hoping there was a human who could fill that role. I remember in the 3rd edition Genestealer Cult list (the one that was in Citadel Journal) there was a character who was essentially a Hybrid Messiah who wandered from place to place, spreading the cult and leading uprisings. I think a similar character would make a fun antagonist for a DH game.
>>
>>51692610
Discord is basically a platform like skype more optimized for gaming. If you want to talk more, download it and copy paste your user name and the number below it in here so we can message over it. I'll be home by 4 or so and we can talk then.
>>
I have a question. Do Recoil Gloves come in pairs, or do you need to make two separate acquisition tests if you want to dual wield two Basic weapons?
>>
>>51694488

Two separate tests.
>>
Can talent Strong Minded be used to reroll willpower tests forced by psychic phenomena or some other warp-based effects?
>>
I can't find anything on it in the fluff: can an Astropath also be considered a Primaris Psyker? And if not, is it feasible that a Primaris Psyker would go through the Soul-Binding?
>>
>>51696249
They serve two separate functions, so crossover is possible but unlikely.

I had an Astropath who was seconded to the IG due to a knack for healing (DH1e) and was piced up by the group's inquisitor as a result.

>is it feasible that a Primaris Psyker would go through the Soul-Binding?

That involves sending him all the way back to Holy Terra, just to be soul-bound, which risks killing him in the process. Seems like a lot of hassle when you can pick up Astropaths all over the place.
>>
>>51696282
I'm asking because my character in DH2e is an Astropath who kinda wants to be an Inquisitor. And I'm trying to figure out if that's even feasible in-universe (technically she's not in the employ of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica, being an Inquisitor's minion, but at the same time she was an Astropath and went through a lot of training to get there, so...)
>>
>>51696372
Well in DH2e there's no rules for Primaris psykers, so it's just a title for those serving as high ranking psykers in the Imperial Guard/Navy.

Your Astropath is already an Inquiditorial minion so the need to be one is over. All he needs to do now is prove himself worthy of being made an Interrogator and then an Inquisitor.

Buy some cybernetic eyes. The hollow eye sockets don't garner appropriate respect and fear amongst the elites of the Imperium.
>>
>>51696372
As long as you're human, it is. It just takes vetting on your inquisitor's behalf.
>>
>>51696419
Actually, I was thinking of going with a 2B-style blindfold with the Adeptus Astra Telepathica insignia on it. When she needs to inspire respect and fear, she can just clip on a pin in the shape of the Inquisitorial rosette over it.

Thanks anyhow! I thought so, but wanted confirmation.
>>
>>51696544
>Actually, I was thinking of going with a 2B-style blindfold with the Adeptus Astra Telepathica insignia on it. When she needs to inspire respect and fear, she can just clip on a pin in the shape of the Inquisitorial rosette over it.

But what about other Inquisitors? Astropaths in 2e get Unnatural Senses, so can "see" for 1 meter/psy rating. That's like playing the disabled kid in a game of High School
>>
>>51696627
>1 meter per psy rating
You should go back and reread that. It is unnatural senses using Willpower characteristic. Not Willpower bonus, characteristic.
>>
>>51696662
huh

cool
>>
>>51696627
>>51696662
Was about to say, yeah. And that's not even counting the fact that Astropaths can get a Talent that makes their Unnatural Senses score equal to double their Willpower rating. You could literally make a blind Astropath sniper if you really wanted to (and could figure out how to get 100 Willpower in a game that gives you a cap of 43 at character creation assuming beneficial Divination and a total of +25 with experience)
>>
>>51696697
Use weapons with the blast quality and have faith in the Emperor (since you autofail ballistic attacks if you're blind).
>>
>>51696722
Even if you have Unnatural Senses?
>>
>>51696737
Doesn't stop you being blind
>>
>>51696737
You're still blind outside that range and missiles launchers have a range of 300m.
>>
>>51696627
Also, other Inquisitors will probably be unnerved by the knowledge that my character can slip her brain into theirs like a scalpel and slowly slice away at their deepest darkest secrets.

Mind Scan is a beautiful power, especially when you can reduce the risks of using it to practically zero.
>>
>>51697036
Most Inquisitors are psychic anyway aren't they?
>>
>>51697036
No more than any other psyker inquisitor.
>>
>>51697054
>>51697056
Actually, yes more than any other Psyker Inquisitor. Mind Scan is a power restricted to Astropaths.
>>
>>51697054
IIRC it only seems that way because some of the most famous being psykers (Eisenhorn, Hector Rex, Coteaz etc.)
>>
>>51697054
I'm pretty sure Lord Inquisitor Karamazov isn't a Psyker. Witch Hunter Tyrus almost definitely isn't one I don't think Amberley Vail was psychic, either. And was Helynna Valeria a Psyker? I can't remember.
>>
Are there rules for man-portable multilas that aren't hilariously OP (the one in Only War hits basically as hard as a meltagun)?
>>
>>51621747

FRESH, MIGRATE

>>51697631
>>51697631
>>51697631
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.