[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 389
Thread images: 27

File: ee.jpg (125KB, 599x999px) Image search: [Google]
ee.jpg
125KB, 599x999px
Previous Thread: >>51587208
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/braaaazillll-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
What do you think about the OWoD connection with Exalted?
>>
FIRST FOR MAGE SUPREMACY
>>
Second for Weaboos
>>
File: Timori.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Timori.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51600029
To the Anon who asked for the Timori writeup as a 2e Legacy? Here's what I've got so far.

You fucking monster.

These guys are fucking nasty.
Their final attainment can turn you into a Sleeper by eating all your Gnosis.
And Quiescence doesn't lube you up before it fucks your ass with its abyssal-shard dick any more.
How do you think you'll fare when you have to roll a Breaking Point for every mystical experience you had as a Mage?
>>
>>51600087
The best part is the rest of the group will have a hell of a time figuring out what happened when they have to deal with a sleeper too.

This is awesome. I can't wait to use it. Thanks!
>>
>>51600029
>OWoD connection with Exalted
I forgot about this when mentioning how animu OWoD is.
>>
File: Timori.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Timori.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51600188
Okay, here's the full completed version.
Fourth Attainment's Optional Arcanum is batshit retarded and the original first Attinment, so I tied it into a contested test requiring a full ritual and everything so it could be more "balanced"

Fifth Attainment's Optional Arcanum doesn't really follow the normal rules for Withstand, but I thought if you've fucking failed in your mastery of your own soul that much that someone just sucked some enlightnment out of you, you're not really going to be in a position to stop them from tying your thoughts in a knot so you just lie then until they want to fucking eat part of your "soul" again.
>>
>>51600029
OWoD is no longer connected to Exalted. They realized the weeaboo theme made no sense.

>>51600458
Read above you weeb
>>
>>51600570
>Not Exalted
That's not what my Mage LARP book says.
>>
>plain supremecy
>>
>>51600570
>OWoD is no longer connected to Exalted

It was barely connected in the first place.
>>
File: 1483815245840.jpg (21KB, 584x314px) Image search: [Google]
1483815245840.jpg
21KB, 584x314px
Have you ever diablerized in one of your games and if so, what were the consequences of such an act?
>>
>>51600096
>>51600137
>>51600322
>>51600365

The True Fae are only omnipotent within Arcadia. I will also direct you to this previous comment >>51599606

The Gentry are hardly undefeatable.
>>
>>51600761
Nobody fucking care, we're talking about changeling you twat.
>>
>>51600834
> more suited for tier 1 or 2 changeling games.
I hope they do Tier 3 and 4 end game books for 2e Changeling.
>>
>>51600870
>I hope they do tier 3 and 4 end game books for 2e Changeling.

They already did. It's called Equinox Roads. You can become one of the Gentry, which are rank 7 entities according to Imperial Mysteries. They are right under Luna, Sol & Archmasters in terms of oomph.
>>
>>51600920
So much of 2e feels like it might make Equinox Roads meaningless.
>>
>>51600920
Becoming one of the True Fae is more akin to a "mini-game" than an actual Template. Currently, only Mage has Tier 4 material.
>>
File: derpity doh.jpg (8KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
derpity doh.jpg
8KB, 236x214px
>>51600822
Nobody fucking cares about Changeling
>>
Changelings are just sex slaves for Mages

Dibs on the fairest
>>
>>51594672
>there are people that hate Toreadors
Images like this is why I love them.
>>
>>51601138
see
>>51601054
>>
I really hope Mage 2e keeps around the ability to throw away parts of yourself in the Ocean Ouroboros. (Like legacies and other pesky 'permanent things).
>>
>>51600645

Several, actually. Some were almost immediately killed, another had her secrets exposed after a month, and one managed to come out on top because of it.

The latter and most memorable was a 12th gen Gangrel, a Cammy (later an Anarch/Independent) who lived his life by the idea of "winner takes all". Total scumbag.

When tensions flared up and the Anarchs got particularly blood-crazy in the made-up city that we called home, our coterie eventually whipped up a revolution that ended with the death of the primogen and the prince, and the diablerie of several of the elders.

My gangrel went after the Toreador primogen who was trying to flee the city, who happened to be 8th gen. He engaged her in combat, and thanks to some rather lucky rolls on my side (and crappy ones on the ST's side), he managed to stake her. He then proceeded to take advantage of the situation, and after defiling her body in more ways than one for sheer sport, he ended up eating her soul.

Thanks to some extraordinarily lucky rolls (and again, due to poor rolls on the ST's side), he dropped from 12th gen to 9th gen. Also got some levels in Celerity and Presence thanks to it.

After all that, the Anarch gangs ended up fracturing apart (as is usual), and our Coterie barely skipped town before the Camarilla's Justicars could arrive to clean up.

I played the character for another year or so, before I ended up retiring him when the rest of the coterie ended up dead. He committed several more diableries, but never dropped his generation down further due to never getting the chance to diablerize an 8th gen or lower, and he's "kill on sight" in several cities now (though obviously not Red List material).

He did end up with a point in Obfuscate and two in Serpentis after eating a Setite hitman though, so that was fun. In my group's current "world lore", he's now roving around down in Australia, trying to train himself in using the disciplines he's stolen from the souls of his victims.
>>
>>51600645
We had two characters who diablerie in our vamp game.

The first one was when we accidentally topor the regional leader of new england sabbat (i think he is a npc from the book).

One of the pc asked for a sanctionized diablerie. After that he was the chill artsie dude that nobody wanted to mess with because everyone in the elysium saw him eat a dude and suck his soul. He got red eyes and afterwards became a master of elysium and serial diablerist.

My character was a weird ass caitiff with a background diablerie which made my sire appear as a aparition. Afterwards he went to cairo for Mukhtar Bey call, befriend him and learned he was my grand sire. Then went shit went down he strong arm my pc to diablerie him, like literally inmobilize my arms, feets and got bettles eating my pc body until he diabkerize him. His soul was killed by my sire soul because eberything that happened was a plot of my sire to kill Mukhtar Bey.

I got a point of quietus!
>>
>>51600645
One of my players diablerized an Ancilla he reeeeally fucking hated, who through the chronicle shit all over him at every turn. Eventually it was found he was the Childe of the BBEG Elder so he decided to drop the fool in the worst way possible. When it was done, he dropped to Humanity 3 and then sat down in the guy's dining room chair and waited for the Sheriff to come for him (Sheriff knew what was happening and was coming to try to stop the PCs) the rest of the group went on to kill the Elder with clever planning, spamming Disciplines, some group Frenzy, and lucky rolls.
>>
How are mages supposed to get BTFO by their hubris like the game's theme says when they're invincible and can do anything and beat anyone?
>>
>>51601599
Other mages. Spirits and the like work well for lower tier gameplay as well. Not every mage starts a Master.
>>
>>51600592
>LARP
>canon
>mage
please anon, that was just a delusion by an inverted Avatar. What's next, claiming that the Nephandi are right?
>>
>>51601627
>delusion by an inverted Avatar
What are Avatars but shards of Exalted's Exalts?
>the Nephandi are right
They do make some compelling points...
>>
>>51601642
Obviously, they are the True Genius that sleeps inside everyone of us, Anon. Stop believing Reality Deviant propaganda and come with us for some Social Conditioning by Control
>>
>>51601623
It just seems, thematically, like "I'm invincible and can do literally anything with no consequences" should be the thing Mages think moments before dire consequences ensue from them messing with something they don't understand, not something that actually becomes true about them at any point.
>>
>>51601743
That is how it works, they just become unkillable cross splat because of those themes. Its more the fallout from your actions, not if you can or not.
>>
>>51600087
So how about celestial masters next?
page 39 of supernal tarots
>>
>>51601411
Letting two old men use your body for reverse revenge eating contests
>>
So guys, what are you guys expecting to have for the Tokyo setting for the unreleased splats? Or better yet, who wants to bet there'll be a splat book for Tokyo like there was for Chicago.
>>
>>51602124
weeaboo shit straight from Akira for Deviant, when David Hill writes it
>>
>>51602166
Yo but Akira is dope as fuck, you gotta be a special kinda retarded to fuck that up.

Also I doubt David Hill likes Anime, I mean he thinks waifu is racist. I bet he thinks anime is something appopriated by the white man and is a stain on honurubur japanese curuture
>>
>>51600029
he exalted connection was a gimmick that never went anywhere and was eventually abandoned anyway, and i feel like the vestiges of it put some weakpoints in the lore of both games
>>
What happens when Fera, humans (mages) and other non-garou are forced to dance the Black Spiral?
>>
>>51602446
Shout out to Hunters being pseudo-solars or whatever that shitty story hook was.
>>
>>51602509
They fall to the wyrm and go more or less BSD iirc

I did it in a game once and ended up horribly mutated and then got murdered by some PCs I was hunting.
>>
>>51602525

Nah, hunters were getting their powers from Lucifer
>>
>>51602525
Were they not given their power by Lucifer or the Ministers in a last ditch to clean the earth of monsters before Judgement Day comes?
>>
>>51602446
Even "master storyteller" Ericson believed that shit to be a mistake, so I doubt that we will ever see it again
>>
>>51602575

I hope he kicks Mage metaplot and power level in the balls now that thry have to share one game universe and play nice.
>>
>>51602541
Honestly I don't know shit about hunter the reckoning, I'm only really good for knowing about vampire and werewolf when it comes to oWoD. Really wanny get into Wraith or demon but, you know, 20th anniversery on the 'horizon' for wraith

I'd heard from a friend that hunter the reckoning had a story hook or implication that the imbued where proto/pseudo solars.
>>
>>51602587
Why would he, the only conflict is people like you who get butthurt when God loses. Nothing in the text.
>>
>>51602587
Uhhhh but he won't? He's obviously a vampire that wants to be a Mage
>>
>>51602605

Nah, if crossover is going to get pushed from the begining then your mary sue faggots need to be brought in line with everyone else.
>>
>>51602587
A man can dream
>>
Has there been, like, ANY info on 4/5th edition One World of darkness stuff? I wanna know what they're doing since I heard they cut the, "Oh yeah Gehenna/the apoclypse/the ascension war happened.... Whatever, shit kept going."
>>
>>51602647

Werewolf not having an Apocalypse around the corner is very retarded. The other lines can work around that theme absence but werewolf is built heavily on the idea of an end times. Not sure how you would evade or marginalize it without fucking up a lot of its themes.
>>
>>51602014
Currently working on the Bene Ashmedai.
I'll get to the Celestial Masters after them.

Pro tip, if you're a Diabolist, don't fucking summon your Vice with their fifth attainment unless you can control it. Otherwise you risk losing all of your attainments for about a week.
Fucking Rank 4 Materialized Goetia.
>>
>>51602647
Only a preview video which shows like nothing and some hints about vampire. I wish there was more given what M20 delivered.
>>
>>51602635

It's only a problem when faggots like you start complaining that your precious princes of the night are inferior to old men with staves.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>51602682

No one wants to be a faggy Gandalf.

Go back to your Harry Potter forums, fag.
>>
>>51602680
Which legacy is the bene ashmedai?
>>
File: dfence.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
dfence.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>51602682
Subconscious Baiting
>>
>>51602678
"In 2006 the rise of the Wyrm and the inevitability of ecological Apocalypse became publicly known."
"Global Warming has released the Wyrm-tide. The end of the Impergium (ancient Werewolves hunting humans to keep their numbers manageable) seems like a terrible mistake in retrospect."
From Elricsons Interview: https://imagonem.org/2016/02/15/white-wolfs-lead-storyteller-there-will-be-a-release-in-2016/
Sounds less like the Apocalypse has just "happened", but that it is not the glorious battle that the Garou had imagined
>>
>>51602730
The counterpart to the Clavicularii, who embrace their goetia instead of subduing them
>>
>>51602729

I'm sorry, Anon

I'm sorry that Gandalf buttfucked Dracula.
>>
>>51602755
>The Wyrm-Tide
That sounds.... God, its so anti-climatic.
>>
>>51602798
don't give Dracula too much credit. A faggy mortal with a cross defeated him. Impossible for one of the mage master race
>>
>>51602729
>>51602798
>>51602819

>tfw Gandalf is relaxing in his comfy vampire recliner
>>
>>51602806
Bet that's what the Garou thought, too
>#TheRokeaWereRight
>#SharkMasterRace
>>
>>51602862
I hope the Rokea are fucking dead, or at least one of their factions is FUCKING DEAD, be it mainliners or the same-bito and their disgusting HUMAN fucking
>>
>>51602755

Nothing about that statement suggests it won't be a glorious battle, just that the war will go hot. Or rather, hotter.

A prolonged conflict warring into oblivion instead of one final battle to determine the fate of the universe.

>Eastward shift

Of course the euro focuses on yurop. These events are going to suck for any NA players.
>>
>>51602806

The Wyrm Tide summarizes everything they have experienced prior to the Apocalypse so... yeah
>>
>>51602887
ah, the US will get focus, no worry. Since they want to focus on "where dramatic change is happening"
>>
>>51602806

It sounds like a bad modern era Warhammer event, no joke.
>>
>>51602730
Also my internet has fucked up, so I'm posting from my phone for now.
Finished the Bene Ashmedai.
Moving on to Celestial Masters.

Man this goes fast when you don't have to write lore or care to much about oblations and yantras.
>>
>>51602947
As long as it doesn't end like End Times and we get shiny new realms for every splat, everything is fine
>>
>>51603004

I would play Age of Caine desu
>>
>>51602729
>No one wants to be a faggy Gandalf

Yes we do. Especially when Mages shit on Vampires.
>>
>>51603027
Does Caine become the embodiment of the Sphere of Entropy? Who will embody Forces or Prime?
>>
File: 96934645645646.jpg (12KB, 300x261px) Image search: [Google]
96934645645646.jpg
12KB, 300x261px
>>51603004
I agree. Let's have each gameline exist in separate realities. My pride is still sore after discovering that an Archmage can blow up Caine.
>>
>>51603080

Oblivion is the embodiment of Entropy, which was apparently kick-started by an ancient Mage that "imagined the cosmos into being"

Another theory is that the Grand Maw (Grandmother) is another aspect of it.
>>
>>51603037
>>51602729
No you fools Dumbledore was the fag, In a school full of under aged boys who sleep with ratmen

Gandalf just liked short stacks. And honestly he didn't have that many tricks. Lights, talk to animals, I mean even his rez into Gandalf the white was thanks to the gods
>>
i'm starting to believe that the only people who actually care that mages are the strongest are magefags
>>
>>51602755
>Could you explain a little about the deal you’ve made with Onyx Path? What will be the main difference between “The Chronicles of Darkness” and “The World of Darkness”?

>There is only one WoD. Chronicles of Darkness is a sandbox tabletop setting featuring the same broad creature types as the World of Darkness, but it is not the same world. It will not be spun off into computer games, novels, TV or anything else. It’s our specific brand for great metaplot-less, flexible, table-driven tabletop rpg. With the 2nd editions CoD has really found a separate identity from WoD and will continue to become even more of it’s own thing. We still own it but it’s Onyx Path’s baby. I love CoD and find that is a much more playable game with a more vague and unsettling aesthetic than WoD ever had. Too bad it never sold for shit and that old players hated it. It lacked the epic scope and the punk passion of the classic WoD. Had it done even remotely as well as the classic WoD things would be very different.

lol(?)
>>
>>51603080

Lucifer would be something.

Maybe the Perfect Metis as Forces or Life?
>>
>>51603136

Mage players are naturally hubristic
>>
>>51603136
don't say that too loud that might make their e penises hurt
>>
>>51603136
Yeah, pretty much, there's zero mage wank in any mage game I've been in. We're usally to busy looking at weird shit or having fun with spells while not interacting with other splats at all.
>>
>>51603132

>Gandalf was low key Celestial Chorus

His actor is homo tho, so he is gay by extension
>>
>>51603148
I thought Lilith would be Life, given that even the Verbena rever her
>>
File: 5753536536.gif (4MB, 315x210px) Image search: [Google]
5753536536.gif
4MB, 315x210px
>>51603129
>Mage imagining the universe into existence

That's Forces 9 / Prime 9 for you
>>
>>51603154
Have you tried to be hubristic without being a mage? It is not the same
>>
>>51603166

Yeah true.

Perfected Metis as the Balance Wyem's avatar probably needs a place though. Its the only Changing Breed that has metaplot backing its potential God tier status
>>
>>51603166

Lilith being a Mage is just going to piss off even more Vampfags. Especially since she's stronger than Caine according to that one scenario.
>>
>>51603166
>>51603080
>>51603148

>Forgetting about the Exemplars
>>
>>51603166

>>51603148
>>51603080

No you fools. There would be only one guy with all the spheres and his name is....

Sam Haight
THE ULTIMATE BAD ASS
>>
>>51603208
That is right. Perhaps as Spirit, given that this is the overarching theme of Werewolf?
Or Queen Ananasa,the daughter of the Weaver, as Correspondence
>>
>>51603243
And he was a Mage
>>
>>51603243
Even the writers don't consider Sam Haight to be canon.

Actually, can you name me three fictional characters that are bigger Mary Sues than him?
>>
>>51603165
>Gandalf didn't play mad game on Galadriel
>Gay people can't play straights
you're grasping at straws
>>
>>51603268

Alucard from Hellsing.
Every DC hero
Every Marvel hero
>>
>>51603229
are there any named Exemplars, by chance?
>>
>>51603257

He hijacks Caine's power by diablerizing him somehow, then ascends to Archmage status AND hijacks the Triat.

Is there anyone that can stop a guy THIS fucking cool?
>>
>>51603309
Moliate him into an ashtray again
>>
>>51603296
Exemplars are beyond names. They are fundamentals of their chosen Spheres. It's very hard to even hold a conversation with one, if it's even possible. The evolved form of an Archmage, essentially.

None of them are aligned with any of the Mage groups and are largely unknown. The Traditions have pondered if they would even survive an assault from one, because they're capable of "anything".
>>
>>51603309
There is no splat supremacy with Sam Haight.

He is everything there is.
>>
Are vampfags being butthurt again?
>>
>>51603349
Who would win? Sam Haight or one of the crazy ex-Amish with a smartphone?
>>
File: 998756454634.jpg (225KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
998756454634.jpg
225KB, 1920x1200px
>>51603355

Yes
>>
Are magefags troll baiting again?
>>
'Where did White Wolf “get it wrong” last time around? What are your least favorite parts of the IP?

Anything that smells of Fantasy. The attempt to create a deep mythology by linking the setting to Exalted was the worst choice ever. That was the last step in WoD’d death-march from being an artistic horror-IP to full on immature, escapist Urban Fantasy. The inability to deal with and integrate real-world events in the setting. If you can write about the Holocaust, you can write about 9/11. Fear is the death of creativity. The game was always best in the hands of storytellers who dared to place the story close to reality, often in their own cities, featuring real places and people.'

He seems really butthurt about people having fun and also Exalted.

Was owod ever actually scary or horror? It doesn't bode well for wta, which was hyperviolent but also very ridiculous and more 'fantasy' leaned than other lines.
>>
>>51601008
>I don't care
>therefore no-one cares

What are you, three years old? Come back in a decade and a half, you goddamn toddler.

>>51601743
If I had a dollar for every BBEG that screamed "No!! Impossible!!! I am undefeated!!!" literally seconds before they exploded and their entire fortress/lab/space station collapsed around them....
>>
File: Wizard Party.gif (77KB, 307x320px) Image search: [Google]
Wizard Party.gif
77KB, 307x320px
>>51603374

Of course
>>
>>51603367

Sam Haight.

He would have cheesed his way into acquiring the Plain template. Its how he ascended to omnipotence, even.
>>
>>51603367
Depends can he check his privilege?
>>
>>51602755
>https://imagonem.org/2016/02/15/white-wolfs-lead-storyteller-there-will-be-a-release-in-2016/
>The inability to deal with and integrate real-world events in the setting. If you can write about the Holocaust, you can write about 9/11. Fear is the death of creativity.

So how would you "explain" 9/11 in either WoD or CoD?

>plot by the Assamites to fuck over Western vampires
>plot by the Technocracy to strengthen the NSA and interconnect technology
>plot by the Weaver to weave a bigger web
>>
>>51603367
>Sam Haight or one of the crazy ex-Amish with a smartphone?

Nothing can stop the Plain.

#WhatWasDavidHThinking
>>
File: 777646535.jpg (20KB, 368x262px) Image search: [Google]
777646535.jpg
20KB, 368x262px
>>51603387

You need to calm your ass down.
>>
>>51603399
Wasn't he even Kinfolk from the Children of Gaia, crazy peace-hippies themselves? It would fit
>>
>>51603410
I mean, The Silent Strider Tribebook talked about 9/11 and its effects in the Underworld, if that counts
>>
>>51603425

Sam Haight was everything. Ignore the writer's non-canon opinions of him.

Sam Haight is love, Sam Haight is life.
>>
>>51602509
Fomori. There are rules in Freak Legion for it. Mage also tend to go Nephandi after it.
>>
Holy fuck the Magefags are out in force tonight.
>>
>>51603410
Mortal humans are just as capable of enacting atrocities as any other faction. That's the real horror in my opinion not that acts of terror can be committed by normal people. But that most of the time there is no great conspiracy, no malevolent power behind the throne sometimes bad shit just happens.
>>
File: savage-genetalia-freak-legions.png (240KB, 461x595px) Image search: [Google]
savage-genetalia-freak-legions.png
240KB, 461x595px
>>51603463
So that's how I get this power in a non Fomori game
>>
>>51603464
Hey don't mix me up with the ascension fuckers.
>>
>>51603468
nah I got it. All the different [insert splat] factions had pieces of the 9/11 plot about to happen. They just didn't do jackshit about it. The one mad man who figured it all out hide, instead of raving about it

Now it's the PC's job to figure who knew what and who's to blame
>>
>>51602541
>>51602593

They got their abilities from The Messengers, which in the core, were not clearly defined as angels but were implied as such.

The ST Companion for Hunter, however, specified that they were The Ebon Dragon and the Scarlet Queen; two entities mentioned in Kindred of the East and who feature prominently in Exalted. The powers granted Hunters also seem to parallel the powers of Solar Exalted, just greatly reduced in power level.
>>
>>51603376
>>51603376
>Was owod ever actually scary or horror?
VtM kinda leans toward real horror, Wraith has existential horror, WtA has body horror and existential horror once you realize how utterly fucked the Garou are, Hunter is action-horror? Mage, Changeling, Demon really seem more like urban fantasy honestly.

>>51603468
>Mortal humans are just as capable of enacting atrocities as any other faction.
But we need to write a splat about 9/11!
>>
>>51602587
he will. True crossover is impossible when the power levels don't match up, and all he craves is a unified, homogenised World of Darkness. I'm guessing Paradox will become even more of a problem than it is now, the Archmages will become mere ephemera with no memory of Earth and Masters of the Art will be filed away on the same shelf as Midnight Circus.
>>
>>51603553

Durka: the Jihad
>>
>>51603492
All magefags are the same to me

They don't exist (in my setting)
>>
So do most vamps not bother with gitting gud once they've got a somewhat stable unlife?
>>
>>51600029
>What do you think about the OWoD connection with Exalted?
only worthwhile thing about owod
>>
>>51603605

Yeah, I think they settle into their comfort zones and focus down on staying alive.

PCs on the other hand have nothing to lose and are the protagonists of their chronicle, so their power growth is exponential.
>>
>>51603571

I highly doubt any of that will happen. It also doesn't invalidate anything, period. This isn't a video game. There are no "nerfs" when you can just pick your favorite edition.
>>
>>51603611

>wanting to be related to Exalted

Jesus christ no thank you.
>>
>>51603603
>They don't exist (in my setting)
Absolutely unbelievable I can't believe that somebody who doesn't like Mages would go so far as to just do the right thing and not use them instead of whining hardcore about them on the internet.
>>
>>51603632

There are when they want to make a unified universe and aggressively push it toward multimedia consumption.
>>
>>51603571
>True crossover is impossible when the power levels don't match up

You're a bloody moron
>>
>>51603659

Go back to /v/ you swine scum. Nothing is going to prevent anyone from pulling out Masters of the Art.
>>
>>51603672

>'I have never played dnd'

You ignorance of why this is a bad thing is showing.
>>
>Running a crossover game
>The mage is the weakest in the party
Why did you lie to me /wodg/
>>
>>51603687

It is when the vast majority use the new game line and don't allow out dated material from a different system.
>>
>>51603700
Low level non-meta gaming mages are strong but no where near as much as people here like to claim
>>
>>51603700
Mage's are just people with magic man, they're not strong if they ain't using their magic smartly.
>>
>>51603697

Equality is so fucking unrealistic it makes me cringe. I bet you're a fucking 500 pound SJW.

Balance is a fucking myth, even the writers acknowledge this. Fucking deal with it.
>>
>>51602887
>Of course the euro focuses on yurop. These events are going to suck for any NA players.

Oh, shut up. There are more books in print about the North American continent than the entire rest of the world combined, despite there being White Wolf / Onyx Path players on every continent except Antarctica. It's about time the rest of the world got some representation. To their infinite credit, White Wolf are interested in sourcebooks written by people native to the country or city in question, instead of the bad old days when a fat desk jockey in Rocky Mountain wrote up a Citybook for a place they visited once, for three weeks, using an outdated copy of Encyclopedia Britannica and a few tourist brochures.
>>
>>51603719
>Equality is so fucking unrealistic it makes me cringe.
>Balance is a fucking myth

Did I accidentally stumble into /pfg/?
>>
>>51603705

That's not how tabletop gaming works, you dumbass. Say that to 3.5 veterans and they will kick your fucking ass all the way to mars.
>>
>>51603719

Back to /pfg/ with you
>>
>>51603700

oWoD or nWoD?

Your resident Mage player might also be incompetent.
>>
Why are vampires afraid of hunters that don't have any special powers again?
>>
>>51603741

>defending 3.5

Yeah i can see why Mage is the most talked about game in here. The shit taste is incredible.
>>
>>51603715
They're certainly not strong against up-front challenges.

>>51603762
OWoD
>>
File: 5794534563535.png (276KB, 600x673px) Image search: [Google]
5794534563535.png
276KB, 600x673px
>>51603738
>>51603755
kek

Samefag detected
>>
File: tumblr_mh982jV6vM1r3y74po6_500.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mh982jV6vM1r3y74po6_500.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>51603090
>an Archmage can blow up Caine.

Reminder: an Archmage can blow up Caine if they roll well enough, which as it stands is about a 1 in 500,000 chance.

Caine just spends a few blood points, doesn't have to roll.

Neither will ever meet the other because Archmages are trapped beyond the Horizon due to being walking Paradox bombs and Caine is doomed to forever walk the Earth.

Now shut the fuck up already, you boring pathetic fanboy bastard.
>>
>>51603783

Nice try, but no.
>>
>>51603786
Ummm, that's not exactly how the system works in MotA.

Also, what are hung/held spells?
>>
>>51603722
Then why is there so much about Tokyo written by a white boy.
>>
>>51603142
>Too bad it never sold for shit
>>
>>51603795

Nips want nothing to do with these shit games.

The yellow man has superior taste as always.
>>
>>51603772
>OWoD

Lower valleys & higher peaks

A low level Mage is going to be fodder for a Vampire. It's going to be the exact opposite otherwise, as long as you're observant and prepared.
>>
>>51603659
Power levels aren't the real problem with crossovers. Themes are. The splats are just too different, and really don't have a lot of reasons to be closely unified. I really doubt that the Crossover Chronicle will have a great solution for this that makes a party of a Changeling, Mage, Demon, Vampire, and a Mage feel natural.
>>
>>51603268
>Even the writers don't consider Sam Haight to be canon.

A published book - sorry, FIVE published books - somehow not being canon? Even when the character is the basis of an SAS adventure module? Don't make me laugh even harder, Anon, your wishes can't come true.
>>
File: nope.png (165KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
nope.png
165KB, 600x600px
>>51603786
>>
>>51603766
You think all the magefags are 3.5 refugees?
>>
>>51603821
>said Mage again when I meant Werewolf
Whoops.
>>
>>51603841
Woah, that's what I call an attack. I'm just going by what they said.

I was also the previous Anon who supported him as a character. I don't know why you're getting ramped up here.
>>
Gentlemen, may I make a suggestion?

Ignore the Magefags.
>>
File: magefagsOfTheArt.png (85KB, 908x440px) Image search: [Google]
magefagsOfTheArt.png
85KB, 908x440px
>>51603786
Truth
>>
>>51603873
>Archmagic is hard

You don't say? Mind fucking blown.

>snicker
>>
>>51603844

It appeals to the same kind of squealing fatfuck who gets pissy when you suggest that martials should have a viable place in a party, who absolutely lost their shit at 4e (despite Wizards still breaking abd dominating that game as well...)

So, yes. MtA is 3.PF Wizards with like, zero restrictions abd a way to sky rocket to near untouchable from the get go. Of course it appeals to 3.PF rejects.
>>
>>51602958
If you're accepting suggestions, can you do the Sphinxes, Legacies: the Ancient, Page 91?
>>
>>51603884

Wizards are still the strongest class in 5E. Notice how WotC went back to the basics?
>>
>>51603844
Not in my murica. We halt all refugees at the border and kick out all the illegal immigrates.
>Flips Sunglasses
>Puts on blackhat
Now we just got to get all them dare reality terrorists. just another day in the Serves
>>
>>51603883

It's like they think rituals don't exist. Hilarious.
>>
>>51603894

The terrible basics full of trap choices and pandering to neckbeards. Great choice, that.
>>
>>51603309
>Haight steals seven Grand Klaives
>Diablerises Archmages
>Diablerises the Wyrm
>Builds a summer house on top of the Black Spiral
>Bangs Gaia
>Two-times on her with Lillith
>Gets caught out
>Somehow uses Presence to get Lillith and Gaia in a 3-way with Luna
>Next day he has Helios sucking his cock
>Travels back in time
>Rapes his own ass
>Beats the Exemplars at Battleships
>Using the actual US Navy
>Steps into our own dimension
>Calls himself Martin Elricsson

bow down to the axe man
>>
>>51603910

I bet you think 4E was the best thing ever.
>>
>>51603873
so a 1 in 500000 roll it is then
>>
>>51603917

Sam Haight is every supernatural. So what would we even call him?
>>
>>51603844
>3.5 is famous for overpowered wizards doing everything important while martials go around being retarded
>Mage is about overpowered wizards doing everything important while sleepers go around being retarded

rly makes u think huh
>>
>>51603926

Better than 3.5, 5e, Pathfinder and owod/cofd
>>
Anyone willing to share Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes?
>>
>>51603950

The shot has been fired.
>>
>>51603956
No Jimmy, it's bad for you, why would you even want to look at such a foul thing? See me after class.
>>
>>51603944
Nerds want to be powerful without trying too hard
>>
>>51603974
Why though, that's fucking weak. Power fantasies are boring as shit man.
>>
>>51603974
The tabletop industry seems to agree
>>
>>51603974

Same reason they watch Isekai and play visual noveks, innit?
>>
>>51603980

Nerds watch harem anime and garbage like SAO for the same reason.
>>
>>51603421
LOL, touched a nerve did I? Take your teddy bear and go to bed, little one. You have pre-school in the morning.

>>51603410
I'm inclined to think along the same lines as >>51603468 here, most conspiracies in the WoD are based on the premise that Mortals are the most numerous and yet the least powerful being on the planet. What better to shake things up than the Mortals themselves doing something fucking huge? And if we want conspiracies, we're talking about a bunch of desert dudes in caves that plotted a simultaneous takeover of multiple planes using boxcutters, after years of funding and training from American espionage groups... how much more of a conspiracy do you fucking need?
>>
File: Majima_meets_Kiryu.jpg (44KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
Majima_meets_Kiryu.jpg
44KB, 660x330px
What would people think of him as a Malkavian?
>>
>>51603929

>What are rituals
>>
>>51603968
>See me after class.

Do you plan to teach me a lesson?
>>
>>51603980
Revenge fantasies for their own failings in RL. So really all magefags are total losers in RL, so they wouldn't take any action unless they have complete control of the situation. It's really sad this kind of behavior ruins the experience for normies, who don't come back after being exposed to such doughbaggery, and more even minded players.
>>
File: 2016-09-19-wizard.png (284KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-19-wizard.png
284KB, 640x480px
>>51604028
>What are Thresholds?
Now you're just being lazy
>>
>>51604025
I dunno, maybe, I'd class him as having a obsession derangement, maybe something around a strict moral code or just something violence rated. Though honestly I'd class him more as a low morality human that isn't really evil, just fucked up.

Props if you can get someone to play a brujah/gangrel/gargoyle Taiga Saejime
>>
>>51604032
Glad I'm play with people enthusiastic about having fun with the game and not power fantasy nerds.
>>
>>51604028

Not only that. They can just hold those monster Sphere 9 rituals as finger-snap galaxy grenades.
>>
>>51604068
I dunno if you can even call those types of people nerds anymore. They're just fucking assholes really.
>>
>>51603700
Mages don't start getting crazy until they can get consistent 6+ dice pools. It'll be awhile.
>>
>>51604100
which is worse when they just do it in games. It's like he's pulling his e dick out and making us all watch him masturbate.

Actually I think we've found our new beast. Johnny Timmy. Goes to LGS plays rules breaking characters brow beats people that speak against him. Yupe the people that hate beast the most are actually the closest to being beast themselves. Heroes for Life
>>
>>51604100
Yeah, honestly I call myself a nerd but I don't do power fantasies. Worst I get is creepy sex shit, but I mean, I'd never do that kinda gross shit around people NOT from a place that does that kinda weird shit.

Man, just fuck people forcing shit into games, it's supposed to be about everyone having fun for fuck sake.
>>
>>51603765
It is a mystery.
>>
>>51604133
>consistent 6+ dice pools

All that requires is Gnosis 3 / Arcana 3, or even less using rotes or basic merits like Shadow name.
>>
>>51604073
It would be easier to use Prime to make a batch of pre-rolled "big bang bombs" via Charms. This would essentially turn the Archmage into a cosmos destroying D&D Wizard. I don't advise it, as Charms are easily the most overpowered thing a Mage can apply to the Archspheres.

Or just make an Artifact, they only need one success.
>>
>>51603765
>>51604178

Vampires are all hat, no cattle.

Just ask any mage.
>>
For oWoD, how do you justify long-term crossover games?

It seem like you'd have to use a really limited/focused set of options for it to make sense with the lore.

Like, maybe Glass Walkers and Bone Gnawers would tagalong with vamps for their own reasons, and maybe the Anasazi would help mages against the Technocracy, but I'm having a hard time seeing how and why other tribes/clans/traditions would give a fuck.
>>
>>51604201
Wait waht, are you saying that vampires aren't cowboys? Shit, I never knew.
>>
>>51604207
I don't play crossover games. There's no point.
>>
>>51604192
>Charms

They can also be anything. A Forces 9 Mage could pop chewing gum into his mouth and blow up the Milky Way Galaxy.
>>
>>51604032
Why would I ever not have complete control of a situation?
>>
>>51604244

>I don't like to challenge myself

Is that why you still live in your mom's basement as a kissless virgin?
>>
>>51604214
But I wanted to make a gangrel cowboy horse trainer in the Ordo Dracul...
>>
>>51604262
I'm sorry Anon, I think we're all hurt by this tragic news.
>>
>>51603425
Yes, he was a CoG kinfolk, trained in Hedge Magick by the Verbena. When his Avatar didn't awaken, he tore a chunk off the World Tree and used it to fuel True Magick. He learnt a rite that allowed him to create Garou if they collected multiple Garou skins and sewed them together, forming his own Tribe. He even made a trip down to New Orleans for some sweet, sweet Elder Vitae to gain Ghoul powers. His last stand was in Mexico trying to awaken Shaitain, Baali Methusalah and Harbinger of Gehenna. He was the greatest threat ever known, ever, bar none. Not even the Archmages attempted to stop him, for fear of being handed their own asses as a stylish hat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MStoUfrsCig
>>
>>51604207
Mages and Vampires working together. It's crazy.
>>
>>51604240
>pop chewing gum into his mouth and blow up the Milky Way Galaxy

See, this is the reason why I fucking despise Ascension and the rules therein. When you can end existence by chewing fucking CANDY, you know the writers were a bunch of bumbling bastards that went too far just to be assholes.

I'm glad I never got into Ascension, or even Awakening for that matter. A fucking waste.
>>
>>51604315
That's not actually in the rules. Because there are no rules.
>M20
>Fuck you Phil
>>
>>51604255
Lol, no.

I live in my room. :P
>>
>>51604363

Your room in your mom's basement.
>>
>>51603476
This song is referenced in the same book:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKerUUULFoM

>Pulsating steel protrudes from my thighs
>She who spreads is she who dies
>Long as my arm and five times as thick
>You'll die at the end of my iron dick
>>
>>51604341
>That's not actually in the rules

I'm referring to Masters of the Art and Forged by Dragon's Fire. Mixing the Archspheres with Charms is literally the worst fucking idea anyone has ever come up with.

Honestly, I fucking loathe anything Mage at this point. The Magefags seem to be experts at gimping the rules n their favor. They will be nerfed as shit once Elricsson does his thing.
>>
>>51604386
Then you'll be dealing with edgy blood powered super heros.
>>
>>51603631
It's kind of explained that vamps see just about all their growth at low blood potency. Once they begin to get older and more potent, the whole stasis thing begins to really kick their ass and theu slow down an eventually stop. Granted they don't care because the stasis thing
>>
>>51604315
You need to relax. Archmages aren't representative of Ascension or Awakening as a whole. Players don't go around chewing gum and destroying universes willy nilly. Hating entire games because of that is pretty stupid, like if I hated Vampire because 10 dot Disciplines can be used to destroy the planet.
>>
>>51604262
>>51604214

Nobody like vampire cowboys.

The only thing gayer than Brokeback Bloosuckers are pink werewolves.
>>
>>51603632
>This isn't a video game.

You missed the word "yet".

It's almost like you haven't been paying attention to Martin Elricsson's interviews... no matter. Denial won't save you.
>>
>>51604409

I was talking about VtM but true
>>
>>51604416
>Players don't go around chewing gum and destroying universes willy nilly.

You're absolutely right.

I don't like bubble gum.
>>
>>51604416
>10 dot Disciplines destroying earth

How is that even remotely better than an Archmage blowing up fucking galaxies. Shut your whore mouth you fucking magefag fuck.

>>51604407

Better than wizards flying through space shitting out black holes.
>>
>>51604386
This post is so salty I got heartburn just by reading it.
>>
>>51604446
Why not? Swallow some when you where a kid and it scarred you for life?
>>
>Dark Eras Companion is in layout
>Cursed Necropolis: Rio is in proofing

Dare I hope we actually see those before the sands rise and consume us all?
>>
>>51604455
>How is that even remotely better than an Archmage blowing up fucking galaxies
It's not. That's the whole point, dumbass.
>>
>>51604430

So you're saying everyone HAS to play the latest editions? Do you realize how retarded you sound?
>>
>>51604470
Nah, the muslims will get us before those come out.... I wonder what muzzie OPP would be like.
>>
>>51604455
>Better than wizards flying through space shitting out black holes.
This isn't something that happens in Mage games.
>>
>>51604488
>An Archmage from across the galaxy has read this comment
>Challenge accepted
>>
>>51604479
Muslims hate wizards

And dogs, Pugmire is outright banned
>>
>>51604375
Nah, it is upstairs. The basement is for old furniture and junk bought from auctions.
>>
>>51604475

The majority will be playing one wod, your owod and 20th versions will lose anyone playing them and finding a game will become nigh impossible.

Esoecially when they grow the brand and tons of new people come in only knowibg and wanting to play one wod.
>>
>>51604386
Masters doesn't actually do anything they still follow all the same rules as normal casting, so you actually have to roll the sucs needed for the god like bullshit 20+. and Forged has no rules.

Look at this spell in the fucking book
••••• ••• Toss Around Realms
Normally, a mage’s command of Forces is limited to the
interaction of forces that deal with other Patterns. With
supreme concentration, though, it’s possible to make forces
that interact with Tellurian space, designed specifically to
push the boundaries of reality itself.
The mage can now move Realms. Mage-made Realms
are fairly easy to move, while the larger and more static
Realms take a bit more effort. Under the proper circumstances,
a mage could alter the apparent positions of various
locations in the Umbra, even shoving normally separate
Realms into brief contact. Realms are generally too large
to be pushed through the Gauntlet, though; the resistance
would be phenomenal.
[Use your imagination — the mage at this level of power
can move Umbral Realms, making access easier or harder. Small
pocket Realms and Steadings may only take 10 or 15 successes
to move, while a full-sized Shard Realm would require the
work of several mages acting together for 30 or more successes.
Remember, too, that historical inertia means that Realms tend
to move back to their original states if unattended.]

See still still lists the Sux needed for such bullshit feats. and with the higher difficulty it's mathematically nearly impossible to just easily beat the therehold enough times to pull it off. so yeah. mage fags can't read. Snap of the figures is crap mechanics
>>
>>51603719
>Equality is so fucking unrealistic it makes me cringe.

You're complaining about a lack of realism in a game with demons, vampires, werewolves and mummy cults? Your psychological impairment is showing. Did you miss the part where all characters start with the same number of creation points instead of rolling a handful of D6, or are you just another wanker who doesn't read? Oblivious or stupid, pick one.

> I bet you're a fucking 500 pound SJW.

Your sexual fantasies have nothing to do with it. You are literally no different from Matt McFarland, accusing everyone who disagrees with you being an MRA.

>Balance is a fucking myth, even the writers acknowledge this. Fucking deal with it.
Where do the writers acknowledge it? Page number and book, right now. RAW, RAI, all characters start with the same amount of creation points. Crossover chronicle balances that same ideal across all splats. Your massive ignorance doesn't change fundamentals of game design, no matter how much you cross your greasy little fingers and wish upon a star.
>>
>>51604510
Why would they hate dogs! Dogs are great!

Wait... Are you saying all the magefags/mage haters in this thread are muslims?
>>
>>51604467
>Swallow some when you where a kid and it scarred you for life?

If anyone even says "Big Red," I get the DTs.

The Hubba Bubba night sweats are the worst, and even the sight of Chicklets renders me near catatonic.
>>
>>51604514
Are you from the future?
>>
>>51604518

If you use the correct editions you can indeed pull that off using a big ass ritual. I don't think you understand that. Charms are pre-fucking-rolled and you make them in whore batches.

This is what I mean when I say I FUCKING HATE Ascension. No matter what the fuck you do there is always going to some fucktard who will gimp out-of-date rules.

Wizards don't even fucking work well with WoD. How the fuck are humans even considered monsters?
>>
>>51604440
I actually don't know anything about VtM
>>
>>51603783
Believe it or not, there's at least three people in this thread that want you to shut up and die choking on something.

#themoreyouknow
#susanalbumparty
>>
>>51604554
>How the fuck are humans even considered monsters?
Humans are the scariest monster.
>>
>>51604545
>Are you from the future?

The future's so bright i gotta wear shades, and if Dracula has his way with Vampire 5e, I'll also need a few trench coats and katanas.
>>
>>51604520
>You're complaining about a lack of realism in a game with demons, vampires, werewolves and mummy cults?
Not him, but I think you're being unnecessarily pedantic with this sentence. You know that's not the kind of "realism" he's referring to.
>>
exalted:malfeas http://media.oglaf.com/comic/moonshine.jpg dance charms war or performance?
>>
>>51604520
>You're complaining about a lack of realism in a game with demons, vampires, werewolves and mummy cults?
I wish people would realize how stupid this argument is. Going by this logic, any level of retarded shit would be acceptable just because monsters exist.
>>
>>51604545

Yes, actually.

Even in 2029 cape movies are being made. Netflux got buttfucked tho, which resulted in the first wod being cancelled after two stellar seasons and a rocky third season, ending on a huge cliffhanger with no major plot threads resolved.
>>
>>51604554
>How the fuck are humans even considered monsters

Here'a friendly piece of advice, read the news or a history book every once in awhile.
>>
>>51604520

I'm not the Anon you're referring to, and this is a quote from the CofD team, but it's a good example of what he means.

Read Dave's second comment.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/mage-the-awakening/532332-open-development-reaching-the-next-level-attainments/page4

Crossover balance isn't their top priority.
>>
>>51603794
It's exactly how it works. Read the book. You still need to roll a colossal number of successes, most likely in a prolonged ritual. Trying to do it anywhere other than a Horizon Realm is suicide. Hell, it's probably suicide anyway.
>hung/held spells
Oh do they not need you to roll, now? I must have missed the page where they tell you to abandon the rulebook and just do whatever the fuck you feel like.
>>
>>51604594
Shit are you saying WoD is the Twin peaks of our generation?

Or is that lost, I've never watched that show.
>>
>>51603795
He lives there, full-time. He may not have been born there, but he's in an optimal position to research it.
>>
>>51604612
>cringe

I'm all for countering magefags, but he/she is right. You don't roll for hung spells via Prime or Time.
>>
>>51604616
I think Lost has like 6 seasons one with time travel
>>
File: Bene Ashmedai.pdf (1B, 486x500px)
Bene Ashmedai.pdf
1B, 486x500px
>>51603886
I'll give it a shot.
Here's the two I've made latest.
Apologies for the quality of Celestial Masters.
It broke the rules of 1e spellcasting, so it's even fucking harder trying to fit it into 2e, where they changed certain setting underpinnings.
>>
>>51604626
From what I've heard from people born there, he's not exactly good at his job in writing about Tokyo.
>>
>>51603842
Prove it.
>>
>>51604616

Its like a shittier fan version of Twin Peaks, but its leagues above any of the knockoff shit that came before like True Blood or Vampire Diaries. Sadly this sealed the fate of their planned cinematic universe, but perhaps that is for the best...
>>
>>51604554
Paradox
FUCKING PARADOX those mage fags
You can't stop the paradox from eating that shitty spell and taking a crap on the mage. On earth no force can stop archshperes from producing paradox. It's specifically stated that not even prime can stop that paradox. it's in that rules.
>>51603873
Your players have been fucking with you for the past few years and laughing about it. There is only one recourse. Kill THEM KILL THEM ALL
>>
>>51604632
Sadly, the big Attainment everyone would want is relegated to the 5th one, because otherwise there's no way to even attempt to justify permanent changes to transform any matter into any energy, or vice versa.

There's just not enough fucking Reach there to do it.

Please feel free to edit as you see fit though.
I also didn't bother to edit my own work, so you've put to put up with spelling mistakes.
>>
>>51603909
Almost as hilarious as the statistical likelihood of botching said ritual.

Nah, that's not true. The likelihood of you botching the ritual is far, far funnier.

Tell me, did they ever publish rules for a Marauder chronicle? 8D
>>
>>51604647
God I miss Twin peaks... It's telling that I've seen so many WoD games that have you in a small forest town and the ST drops "You know, like twin peaks." while talking about it.

PS. Never watched any of those shows either, they always looked like shite. I'd rather watch uh... Kindred or whatever the VtM show was called... Well ""VtM""
>>
>>51604629
bullshit. even if you don't roll for 'hanging' the spell, which is stupid because it is another effect. you still have to get the sux from the regular spell. You're crafting the spell
>>
File: 1470526145673.gif (3MB, 256x195px) Image search: [Google]
1470526145673.gif
3MB, 256x195px
>>51604600
Not him but humans aren't monsters. Just people.

I think the fact that people are capable of committing such atrocities is what's really horrifying.

Because we all have the capability for evil.

Deep down in our souls.

Where the dark things live.
>>
>>51604594
Did Troika came together one more time to make another Vampire game?
>>
>>51604554
Yes. An Archmage can muster a horrendous ritual. Yes, that Archmaster can multiply that ritual into a couple dozen Doomsday Weapons capable of destroying existence as we know it.

But why should this bother you? If you use the rules RAW, a prepared Arete 9-10 Archmage is going to outplay anyone/anything. But that still shouldn't determine how you play WoD.

This is my only comment on the matter after seeing it brought up far too many times.
>>
>>51604240
>ITT: Things my ST will never let me do: 4Chan Edition
>>
>>51604685

You pre-roll for hung spells. That's the beauty of them. An Archmage has all the time in the world to create a barrel load of universe nukes. Botch or not.
>>
>>51604690

Mmmm.... cupcakes.

People are monsters, and monsters are often better than a lot of people.

Just to be safe, kill them all and let God sort them out.
>>
>>51604658
>>51604632
You're doing Hieromagus's work, Anon. I appreciate you!
>>
>>51604675
It seems to be a new meme that it's impossible to use the Archspheres when MotA deems it otherwise. It really depends on the edition you're using.
>>
>>51604697

Troika is permakill.

DtF did get a surprisingly good mobile game, like Torment levels of good, but it died prematurely because they were retarded with their monetization of it and now we will never get another one.
>>
>>51604748
>Botch
Story ends
>paradox
Story ends
>>
>>51604788
Torment as in Planescape: Torment or as in Torment: Tides of Numenera?

Pls tell me TToN is not that bad

And tell me the end of Berserk
>>
>>51604685
>even if you don't roll for 'hanging' the spell
It's the opposite. Held spells are powerful because you don't roll them on the spot. You roll them during the ritual. It's a white-room scenario auto-win.
>>
>>51604658
>Mage players actually putting out content while everyone else is whining

Sweet, and good work. You should keep going with this.
>>
>>51604815
>Shit I already said
>>
>>51604811

Planescape.

Numenera is exceedingly mediocre but given the quality of wrpgs at the time that meant it was a huge success lauded as the champon of its time.

Berserk has not ended. They got off the boat though! ... again!
>>
File: 890535355434.jpg (11KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
890535355434.jpg
11KB, 200x200px
This entire thread is just one big fat "NO U"

It doesn't matter that the Magefags are citing canon material, everyone else just ignores it and spites them.

I think I'm done for the night.
>>
>>51604838
I apologise, Anon
>>
>>51604852
As much as I like both Mage lines, they really are overpowered.
>>
>>51604844
>They got off the boat though! ... Again!
God, I loathe knowing that they have to get back on that boat if XXXX doesn't give them some magic bullshit.
>>
File: skeleton time for death.jpg (43KB, 192x196px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton time for death.jpg
43KB, 192x196px
>>51604844
I've had enough
>>
>>51604876
>like both Mage lines, they really are overpowered.

Overpowered in what context?

Mages, in both Ascension and Awakening, are balanced against their adversaries in their own gamelines and their abilities are consistent with the settings' themes and intent, i.e., the personal effects of reality-bending power.

Do mages really need to be weaker to accommodate the very different themes and priorities of other gamelines?
>>
>>51604983
Honestly, I don't think it can actually work in this game due to the limitations of storypath but I'd rather everything of certain exp tiers be equivalent and just place mages on a higher exp path or something. If you ran a mixed game, you could just buff other people rather than nerf mages. But that isn't at all how powers in this game work and as their own individual game lines I'm fairly okay with that.
>>
>>51604983
The weaker gamelines seem to think so.

Such a petty reason, in all honesty.
>>
>>51604983
you'll notice mage supremacy stop when homer left
>>
>>51604740
They don't actually play the games, that's why they're Magefags.
>>
>>51605016
>The weaker gamelines seem to think so.
>Such a petty reason, in all honesty.

Attempts at crossover "balance" is a pox on both the oWOD and CofD.

#MageEnvy
#FeelGoodAboutYourself
#ChangelingsStillSuck
>>
>>51605029

Perhaps because Homer had a good point?
>>
>>51604876
Everybody knows this. It's kind of a big theme in the Mage games. It's also something that is totally irrelevant to other splats and anyone who thinks that Mages having more power is something harmful to other games is retarded. They don't have to exist in your chronicles if you don't like them, and if you're doing crossover then balance is really the smallest obstacle there.

Not that crossover is such a great idea in my opinion. Functional and fair crossover is essentially a pipe dream and I would be very shocked if whatever compromise is reached for the Crossover Chronicle would be satisfactory to more than a couple of splats, if any.
>>
>>51605032
That's a bit of an accusation to make.
>>
>>51605083

>' My ''''''''theme'''''''" is being better than you at your own specialty, with zero drawbacks. :^)'

Sounds gay desu
>>
>>51604475
Hey look guise, the kid with primary school level reading comprehension is calling someone else a retard! You fucking comedian, you.

Let me put it to you REAL simple. You can play whatever version you like, no-one can stop you. You just have to find someone who will want to play "that old shit" once One World hits, complete with the Netflix series, the movie deals, the mobile games and all the other stuff that gets new players in, with all the NEW terms, concepts, splats and politics. You're going to be just another sad old Grognard sitting in the corner with his TORG box set, telling anyone who will listen about "the good old days".
>>
>>51605113
...They're making a netflix world of darkness series?
>>
File: 1486127362682.jpg (105KB, 799x531px) Image search: [Google]
1486127362682.jpg
105KB, 799x531px
>>51604983
I'm fine with them having reality bending power, what i'm not fine with is an intentional shitting on the rules of the setting (supreme nature of God and therefore Caine, the fact that almost all of the Archmages are fucking dead and they can't really cast spells in reality anyway) for the purposes of idiotic wanking. Seriously, I know this is salty and I don't care, I like Mage even, but I just want to go light my books on fucking fire because i'm so goddamn tired of hearing these retarded donkeys bray about some fucking game they discovered 3 weeks ago some more. I want to fight about Aspel again, or dick eggs, or the fact that the Plain are fucking retarded. You uys want to talk about Beast Courts? How about Metis rape in the BSDs? I will literally talk about the dumbest, most wretched stuff that WW has ever shat out if that means that I can stop seeing quotes from Goddamn Imperial Mysteries, Masters of the Art and whatever the fuck book Charms and Hung Spells are from.
>>
>>51605113
This seems like wild conjecture and speculation. Do you have any proof at all that One World will be such a hit and become instantly entrenched in mainstream popular culture?
>>
>>51605083
This whole shit-storm happened because of this. Someone mentioning something about wizards causing big bangs automatically stirs envy and disregard. Magefags only crime is being so overtly boastful, not for citing valid evidence for Mage supremacy.
>>
>>51605133
Tell me about Beast Courts anon. Or the Metis rape. I havent heard of these things and I'm curious
>>
>>51604545
This has happened before. It will happen again.
>>
>>51605103
That's how it is. Don't like it, don't use it.
>>
>>51605094
No it's not, because if they actually played the game before, they'd know their ST would put the kibosh on all of this white-room nonsense. Rule Zero you dumb motherfucker, and if you thinking turning shit into lawnchairs doesn't have consequences, you've obviously misconstrued the main fucking theme of the book.
>>51605131
>netflix world of darkness series
That sounds like concentrated cancer.
>>
>>51604579
>>51604591

Okay, so you're ignoring my statement about character creation points and game balance. Good to know when I'm correct. It's easy to tell when someone is, you assholes pretend you can't read.
>>
>>51605148

Maybe if you'd shut the fuck up and stop posting about it every thread.

>>51605177

Seems like a shit game, idk how you aren't bored to tears with it.
>>
>>51605203
>Paranoid
>>
>>51604606
You must be posting the wrong link, Anon. I couldn't find anything there from Martin Elricsson, or any mention of One World of Darkness. It just talks about CofD, which according to Elricsson, "never sold for shit and all the old fans hated it".
>>
>>51605152
The Beast Courts are literally one of the stupid things that were ever written for W:tA. So in Asia, everybody is nice, the Garou never went insane and all of the Fera have a bi hug-box called the Beast Courts where everybody still does their appointed role under Gaia, and Gaia still loves them! Stupid round-eyes need to go home and fix their own problems thouh, the Beast Courts have tamed the Wyrm in their regions and the Europeans and filthy pig-dog Americans are just stupid, ill-informed, spiritually polluted fuck-ups, yada yada yada...
>Metis rape
The BSDs recruit Metis from the Garou nation, hard, usually by promising them stuff like privileged positions in Hives, and of course, a harem of Kinfolk/Garou to rape.
>>
>>51605180

So it's the STs decision then? That just gives them more leeway. Stop being this hung up over some power inequality, Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>51604629
Page number and book, right now, or forever shut the fuck up.
>>
>>51604637
Oh no, you're right, he's fucking hopeless and American as fuck, but having someone actually living in the city is already a step in the right direction.
>>
>>51605250
It's every fucking other post, shut the fuck up. It's citing evidence from shit books, from a system that was always third, behind Vampire and the racist shit-show that was fucking Werewolf. I even like Mage, but i'm goddamn tired of every fucking post going like this
>Some goddamn post about another game line
HURRRRR LAWWWWWWN CHAAAAAIRS!!!!!!!!1111111 xd xd xd xd xd xd KEEEEEEK!

You've seen it too, don't fucking lie.
>>
>>51605203
>idk how you aren't bored to tears with it
Because it's fun to me. I like magic, and using it creatively to do cool shit and solve problems is very satisfying and rewarding. I know that Magefags leave an impression that there is no challenge to the game, but that's never happened to me because I don't just spend XP on Arcana that I think are cool. I make a character and use XP to shore up his traits in ways that make sense for him. To put it another way, I roleplay. The antagonists can also be dangerous, since they're usually Seers or Banishers or Abyssal horrors or even other Pentacle Mages.

Plus the game has angles on investigation and mysteries, which I like.
>>
>>51605274

See >>51604815

It's discussed all over the OPP forums, If you want to check it out. Or just read every core-book ever.
>>
>>51605245
>tamed the Wyrm in their regions
talk about cock cutting the major theme of werewolf. Wyrm Bad kill Wyrm Wyrm cause of all problem! "actually no you fucks just murder fuck yourselfs into a shit show" which to be fair is the truth of the setting. and the asian courts should just step in and school the European losers in saving the world
>>
>>51605283
Yeah, I guess you're right... Oh well, hopefully they'll get a real person from Japan to write about Hokkaido or Okinawa instead of Tokyo every time.
>>
>>51605294
You fail.
>>
>>51605294
>it's not my job to educate you shit-lord
So it has come to this. You're no better than a tumblrina. Good day.
>>
>>51605198
I'm ignoring your statement about other balance and points because I don't care about it.

I was just pointing out that trying to use fictional elements to justify whatever nonsensical shit you want is a bad argument. My investment with your post begins and ends there.
>>
>>51605285

It would be impossible for me to lie about the obvious, Anon. I agree with much, I just don't think complaining is the most pragmatic option here.
>>
>>51605292
I mean the base game of mage is, "investigate weird shit, maybe fight something from the abyss/another mage, probably fight some weirdo shit instead though." The constant power cross splat stuff has never shown up in any game I've played, read or even heard of.
>>
>>51605312
Not really. Hanging spells is an actual thing. Even Awakening makes use of it to a lesser extent.
>>
>>51605332

That's not the sole theme of the game, Anon.
>>
>>51605345
Don't you hang spells with time? Never really played/cared about acanthus and the time arcanum so... yea.
>>
>>51605332
>The constant power cross splat stuff has never shown up in any game I've played, read or even heard of.
Probably because nobody likes crossover.
>>
>>51605308
That'd take something other than virtue-signaling as a requirement to be hired there.
>>51605292
Eh, too bad an Archmage farted an turn you into a lawnchair. Or turned you into a fag and made you suck his dick in all possible realities and timelines with Mind and Time as a hung spell that you can't counter.
>>51605305
More ore less, they also introduced the Kitsune to the game, a whole Fera breed of special snowflakes, with a super-duper-uber secret mission from Gaia that they can't tell any one, 'cus it's a secret!
>>
>>51605358

In Awakening? Yes, the Time Arcanum is needed for that.

In Ascension? Time, Prime, Correspondence and sometimes Spirit is what you need.
>>
>>51605357
I... I didn't say it was? What I said was, as is reinforced by obsessions, mages are supposed to investigate weird shit and chase after mysteries.
>>
>>51605362
>Eh, too bad an Archmage farted an turn you into a lawnchair. Or turned you into a fag and made you suck his dick in all possible realities and timelines with Mind and Time as a hung spell that you can't counter.
What? Archmages don't ruin any game for me. All they are to me is the representation of the game's theme of "all the power you want, as long as you're willing to pay the price".
>>
>>51605148
Its more that they butt in during every conversation even ones about other lines.
Like earier when someone was talking about true fae in the context of Changeling and the magefag butts in with "An archmage could easily beat them! :^)"

It gets annoying
>>
>>51605358
Hung spells are a common thing for Acanthus, because it takes only a couple of points in Time to hang them and if you throw in a Fate modifier you can even set conditional triggers.
>>
>>51605429
Riiight, right right I've heard about that shit, sounds like good stuff. Shame I'm to busy becoming a master of all things unliving (AKA shooting for a 3rd degree master of death, forces and matter.)
>>
>>51605416
What's the price they pay, again?
>>
>>51605416

Archmages are also too powerful and grand to even be recognized. Their changes to reality can't be felt or seen due to it having always existed.

>>51605420

Ok, well that's just silly. Gentry aren't on the same level as Archmasters by a vast majority. Anon was fishing for a response.
>>
>>51605429
Sure, but how are they getting around rolling for spells then? I'm not the anon asking originally, I just don't know where this 'can succeed at will at a think that's going to take over a dozen successes' is coming from.
>>
>>51605451

Quintessence.
>>
>>51605451

Being TOO powerful anon. You just dont understand what a burden it is, being the best all the time! Its hard work blowing up all these universes for a giggle.
>>
>>51605451
Not that anon, but it's basically being scoured from reality and depending on whether or not you're playing old or new, but in Old they're basically stuck in the Outer Realms and then subsequently all fucking killed by the Avatar Storm except for like, 5 of them, and in New you're more or less scrubbed from reality and then forced to abide by the Pax, which basically means not getting to use your Imperial Practices at all.
>>
>>51605452
The issue was that no one was talking about mages. They butt in to brag about how powerful they are even in conversations that they have no business bringing up archmages in. That kind of stuff is annoying and its why people are annoyed about it
>>
>>51605452
>Gentry aren't on the same level as Archmasters by a vast majority.
Doesn't matter, weren't talking about mage and they decided to wave their lustrum-dick around anyway. No wonder the Exarchs tried to shut off awakenings, I wish those fuckers succeeded.
>>
>>51605451
Their humanity, essentially. They become a being apart, with their Supernal identity becoming their only identity. Again, the big theme of the game is how power changes people, and how it comes at a cost.
>>
>>51605489
The Old gods of the Thistle are rank 7, so wouldn't they be at least on the level of a newly minted archmage? Asking out of curiosity, I don't know the balancing for archmage battles with rank 6+ entitys.
>>
>>51605498
>>51605471
No seriously, what's the price?
>>
>>51605506

The rules for 6+ entities are apparently not truly canon according to Dave. They're more so guidelines to help you out with using them.

If they ever made rules for Luna or Helios, they would be much different. The True Fae already have rules, for example. Not sure about 2E.
>>
>>51605528
>>
>>51605506
Yes, and honestly they'd be a great deal more plugged in than your typical newbie archmage, would have a disturbing amount of followers they could call on for help and screening, and thanks to the Alienists, they may in fact have Archmages buddies themselves.

They mention that fucking with the Death Lords of the Underworld (who I believe are rank 9) is a violation of the Pax, which makes me wonder if the Old Gods of the Thistle may have something similar.
>>
>>51605454
>Sure, but how are they getting around rolling for spells then?
They aren't. They still have to cast the spell. They just use Time magic to capture the spell and hang it in their Pattern, essentially postponing the moment it's released into the world.

I don't know anything about Charms or whatever the Ascension equivalent is. I don't take part in the Archsphere pissing contests.
>>
>>51605506

The Gentry would be comparable to a lesser-mid range Seeker, A greater Archmaster is a far heavier package.

>>51605515

Quintessence.
>>
>>51605537

Charms are a superior version of hanging spells the traditional way. They are also pre-rolled, but can be made into batches. Like a previous Anon has said, this would turn them into a D&D-esque Mage. Not good for their opponents in white-rooms.
>>
>>51605550
Aight, I figured that' be how it is.
>>
>>51605612

Ranked entities are forever stuck in their positions. The difference for Archmasters is that they can grow in power. So, essentially the Seekers have a spot in each rank depending on how powerful they are.
>>
File: HowHumansAreMonsters.jpg (430KB, 1158x2020px) Image search: [Google]
HowHumansAreMonsters.jpg
430KB, 1158x2020px
>>51604554
How the fuck are humans even considered monsters?
>>
>>51605731

Thats gotta be perverts roleplaying...right?
>>
>>51605731
pornographic images on a blue board have fun with that ban anon
>>
>>51605731

I really regret reading that.
>>
>>51602835
Maybe you guys are playing by different rules then we used to but turning someone in a chair will would in my day mostly likely literally rip you to pieces when the paradox kicked in.
>>
>>51605799

Not really. No, not really.
>>
>>51604773
>It seems to be a new meme that it's impossible to use the Archspheres when MotA deems it otherwise.

1) It's not a meme, it's the fucking rules
2) "impossible" is not the same as 1:500,000
3) fuck off, Aspel
>>
>>51604815
Oops, I hit post before I typed
>"Unless the paradox stops you ever getting to the white room"
>>
>>51605856
>>51605864

Childish responses

Are you trying to get the last word in to feel better about yourself?
>>
>>51605731
What's blowing clouds?
>>
>>51605094
It's fucking true. Every man jack of these power-wanking mouthbreathers has only read the Wiki on Archspheres, not one of them wants to accept that Paradox even exists and they seem genuinely surprised by the canon stating Archmages don't even live on Earth anymore. They don't want to read the books because it shatters their daydreams of doing whatever the fuck their Peter Pan fantasies desire.
>>
>>51605131
Elricsson says if they haven't made one by 2020, he'll have considered the entire project a failure.
>>
>>51605903
More accusations.
>>
>>51605145
Okay, so let's say the alternative happens. One World is a massive financial failure. White Wolf goes into receivership and dissolution, and copyright squatters sieze the rights for the next 90 years. In this scenario, the world of gaming still moves on, new games are still released, and you're still the aging Grognard in the corner asking noobs if they want to play a game their parents played. Good fucking luck, grandpa.
>>
>>51605856
I think Aspel left /wodg/ forever/for awhile or something, he's probably off jacking it to pictures of people in /soc/ now. Trust me, I know he goes there, the degenerate fuck.
>>
>>51605294
So, no, in other words, you can't cite a book or page number. Good. You know what to do.
>>
>>51605320
So you're going to nitpick about delivery and ignore the core message? Great, get a tripcode so you can be safely ignored, Aspel.
>>51605345
It's an "actual thing" that you can't name the page number of, or even what book it appears in. Which makes me strongly suspicious that you haven't even read the rulebooks you claim to quote. "Every corebook ever" is utter horseshit, and you know it. So yes, you lose, you lose hard, you are coming last in a competition of all-star losers.
>>
>>51606074
You think I lost? That's a good sign of the opposite, actually.
>>
>>51606074

You need to grow up.
>>
>>51606074
MAge 2e core, 187
Hung spell, it's a time rote, you can make them conditional with fate.
>>
>>51605731
What the hell kind of website is this and why isn't it on the Tor network?
>>
>>51605877
Did.... did you just try to get the last word in yourself, after you called that behaviour "childish"?
>>
>>51606074
see >>51606108

Suck it faggot
>>
>>51605878
Just what it sounds like, blowing the smoke into someone else's mouth
>>
>>51606403
I'm sure /pol/ gets rock hard seeing this kinda degeneracy just so they can bitch about it.
>>
>>51606288
you don't get points for being lazy magefag
>>
>>51606429
yes i do :^)
ur not the score keeper here, famalam, i am
>>
>>51606426
You dont have to use /pol/ to think that image is disgusting and despicable.
>>
>>51606474
Oh no of course not, I was just joking about them wanting to find this kind of stuff to justify their anger and hate.
>>
>>51605731
I really regret reading that. A lot.
>>
>>51605731
I don't like you anymore, Anon.
Thread posts: 389
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.