[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/ccg/ Custom Card General /cct/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 94

File: Magic Primer (+0).png (2MB, 1400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Primer (+0).png
2MB, 1400x1800px
Gold enchantments edition!

To make cards download MSE for free from here:
http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
or register for free here:
https://mtg.design/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
http://pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Read this before you post your shitty card!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
http://pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: http://pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: http://pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: http://pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Art sources.
http://www.artstation.com/
http://drawcrowd.com/
http://fantasygallery.net/
http://grognard.booru.org/
http://fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>Stitch cards together with
http://old.photojoiner.net/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
http://pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT: >>51466159
>>
File: The Bus (3).jpg (212KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
The Bus (3).jpg
212KB, 744x1039px
first for bullshit.
>>
File: Mirror Adept.png (270KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mirror Adept.png
270KB, 375x523px
Guess I'll port this over. The solution was just limiting it to a single ability per activation since it's uncommon. Not sure if it needs a P/T update or not to reflect this. 2/2 doesn't seem bad for a utility creature at 2 though, even in gold.

Though, now that I look at it, I feel like "an activated ability" is wrong. Like maybe it should use "choose" somehow.
>>
>>51534538
I do enjoy these cards when you make them. But I'm a cheeky fellow and I like cheeky things.
>>
File: Amazon Guide.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon Guide.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
Wow, I usually don't have cards ready for the theme, but here we are. Pretty simple, obvious riff on the Guide Auras that buff a creature then spawn a creature with the same buffs.

>>51534519
*an* activated ability? How does that work? And why do you think this is uncommon material?

>Also, I know Firebreathing is a reprint here, but I've always thought maybe it needed to cantrip or something. It feels so lackluster these days. Like it needs a QoL update.
QoL? But yeah, Wizards made a cantrip Firebreathing in Theros, Dragon Mantle.

>They don't forget about it; his power set is just whatever's needed at the time. Has been for decades.
No, that's Batman. But in all seriousness, I just feel like it gets used a lot less than his other powers is all.
>>
>>51534559
>>51534613
Why uncommon anyway? Making a set?
>>
>>51534630
No, it just strikes me as something that would be uncommon if it were. Rarity still matters somewhat, I presume, even for one-offs. Have a case otherwise?

>an
So you don't think it works either? It does feel odd.
>>
File: Alltrilands.jpg (597KB, 3750x523px) Image search: [Google]
Alltrilands.jpg
597KB, 3750x523px
From last thread, if you have better name or art suggestions please share. im haing a hard time with it
>>
File: Suit Up3.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Suit Up3.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
I've been meaning to use this awesome art on a card for a while, but I've been having trouble making a good card for it. Core idea is being able to arm all your creatures.

>>51534579
I guess it's part of my obsessiveness that I like having art that can work well on Magic cards, but yeah, sometimes I like to have fun with it.
>>
>>51534531
Honestly, The Bus should be a complicated card as a homage to how meta the comic was.

Something like

The Bus (4)
Legendary Artifact - Vehicle

Trample

Crew 1

Whenever the crew ability of The Bus is activated, The Bus gets +1/-1 until the end of turn.

5/5
>>
>>51534643
try "(G/U): Target creature. Mirror Adept gains up to one activated ability of target creature."
>>
>>51534681
I gave you feedback in the last thread. But they mostly seem fine to me. Though I will add to that feedback that the art for Noxious Thermae could be better.

>>51534684
What comic?
>>
>>51534697
http://imgur.com/gallery/jJaFZ

Honestly I don't know how you've gone through your life without knowing of The Bus
>>
File: The Bus (1).jpg (221KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
The Bus (1).jpg
221KB, 744x1039px
>>51534684
too simple, doesn't capture the omnipotence of The Bus.
>>
>>51534689
That could work. I may look more deeply into how it might be worded looking at cards that copy keywords and whatnot as well, but having a version that satisfies the syntax of the game is fine by me for now.
>>
>>51534773
>>51534689
Actually, I meshed your suggestion and Quicksilver Elemental's wording and got what I think I need, thanks.
>>
>>51534739
Not bad. I expected the gag with the old lady to be pulled with the cockroach, but I liked the foreground/background gag too. And I thought the woman in the ad would turn up on the bus, as a person. I don't get the sophisticated/unsophisticated thing. The blind man and the spider-crabs comics made me laugh.
>>
File: Stormy Phantom Lady6.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Stormy Phantom Lady6.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
OK, last card for tonight, going to bed. No idea on how to cost this effect. Original iteration of the card was completely different and focused on flicker, but an anon said this ability was better, so I'm focusing on repeatable O-Ring. You know, unless it turns out to be not a good idea.
>>
>>51534895
O-Rings have the downside that they can be undone if removed, so let's take away that drawback and make it repeatable as well.
>>
>>51534915
Well, how should it be done then?
>>
>>51534697
DO you have any art to drop or name suggestions for land names you dont like?
>>
>>51534945
Not right now, no. I'll see what I have tomorrow.
>>
>>51534559
I'd go with "Choose an activated ability of target creature. ~ gains that ability until end of turn."
It's massively cheaper than Quicksilver Elemental. Now, granted, QSE wasn't very good, but I think a 3 mana drop might be a bit much.
I also think this is complex enough to warrant rare or mythic.

>>51534915
His set is REALLY pushed. That honestly wouldn't stand out if it wasn't hexproof.
>>
File: Prevent Oppression.jpg (178KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
Prevent Oppression.jpg
178KB, 744x1039px
>>
File: Compliance.png (195KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Compliance.png
195KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Selendara of the Duskwood.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Selendara of the Duskwood.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
I feel like power-level wise, 4 cmc is fine for this gal. However, I feel like she has a bit too much going on ability wise. up to 5 cmc, up to mythic, or something else entirely? I want to keep the land ramp+mill flavor if possible
>>
>>51535769
Cut the first ability. She's strong enough as a Crucible that hits everyone's graveyard, and the ability to dig for more lands is just bonus. Being able to play additional lands means she'll just be ramping into fatties that win the game, rather than attempting to mill people out.
>>
>>51535400
I feel like this needs to be at least 1WU, if not 2WU.
>>
>>51535276
I can agree with rare, grudgingly. I suppose it's not something you should see so much. I like that wording; I do feel "choose" needs to be in there someplace. So you think rare, and CMC3? 1GU?

Wording I used btw:
>[G/U]: Mirror Adept gains up to one activated ability of target creature until end of turn.

would this also work?

>>51535400
Still having activated abilities makes it really need to be more expensive.
>>
File: Kaariri Dragons Shadow.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kaariri Dragons Shadow.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
I think giving any creature in your hand ninjutsu might be too strong. Thoughts?

>>51535800
Sounds good, gives room for short flavor text as well. Thanks. I think you're right.
>>
>>51536020
make it a tap ability and increase it to 3UB
>>
>>51535915
1GU sounds reasonable, given that it does jackshit solo.

Your wording should work too, there's not exactly precedence set yet.
>>
>>51536262
True. I'll bump it to 1GU and rare, keep the current wording, but make sure I keep an open mind to having to change it.
>>
File: filo19[1].jpg (209KB, 744x1039px) Image search: [Google]
filo19[1].jpg
209KB, 744x1039px
>>
>>51535276
>His set is REALLY pushed.
Well, it's not a real set, just a collection of cards with a common origin. But really? Is there anything you can think of off the top of your head that should cost more? Or will I just have to go through everything again?
>>
>>51537011
Rather than use Red, why not use a -X/-X effect?
>>
>>51537964
color identity, potential shenanigans with activating with blocking
>>
File: Accelerate and Kill.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Accelerate and Kill.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
repostan
>>
File: Council Inspectors.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Council Inspectors.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>
File: pjimage.jpg (360KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pjimage.jpg
360KB, 1000x1000px
Looking for help on the wording and power level of these cards. And , for the ones who know about FFX if the flavor is right.

tl; dr. R8 and H8
>>
File: Danton Black Multiplex5.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Danton Black Multiplex5.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Not much to talk about with this guy.

>>51539723
Replace "gain" with "have". And really, common? But I don't have much of a clue on how to cost this, unfortunately.

>>51539749
I'll repeat what I said last time in that I don't think you need the mill, I think you can just force the discard, but that it should be sorcery speed. Also, I'd suggest making the lines of flavor text closer to each other by using the SHIFT+ENTER trick.
>>
File: Planet Krypton.jpg (259KB, 1127x523px) Image search: [Google]
Planet Krypton.jpg
259KB, 1127x523px
Thinking about change the backside of this card to the colorless version, though I still need the right template for it. What do you guys think?

>>51539771
First, read the OP and use PhotoJoiner.

http://old.photojoiner.net/

Second, frames, seriously, you need to update them. At least get the colorless frame for Sin.

>Sin
You only capitalize the first keyword in a sentence.
Should say "When" rather than "Whenever" since it can only be put into a graveyard once. Yes, it comes back, but it's technically a different object when it does.
Also, "put on the graveyard from the battlefield" is wrong on two counts. Even if you wanted to use this wording it should be "put into a graveyard", but for creatures, you just say "When ~ dies".

>Jecht
Which opponent? You have to make things kosher for multiplayer formats. If you want to keep it to a single player, you should add
>As ~ enters the battlefield, choose an opponent.
Then the other abilities become
>~ gets -1/-1 for each creature the chosen player controls.
Also, for legends, for most of them, you have to use the full name of the card the first time. Just so you know, ~ is the full name of a card, and @ is the "legend name" of a card, which includes all the characters up to the first comma. In this case ~ would be Jecht, Final Aeon, and @ would be Jecht.
Anyway, next ability should then be
>Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under the chosen player's control, you may draw a card. If you do, you lose 2 life.
Though I'd make it forced
>you draw a card and you lose 2 life.

>Dance at the Lake
Probably fine. Might even be able to get away with it at 1WU and common, if Pilfered Plans is anything to go by. But yeah, that scene were Squall holds Aeristh as she dies always gets me.

>Titus
>Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, you may untap up to two target permanents.

1/2
>>
File: Artemis of Bana-Mighdall3.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Artemis of Bana-Mighdall3.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Thought I could get away with hitting players too. Going forward, I just want to point out that I don't want my cards to be considered pushed at their mana costs, I want things to be costed fairly, at about the same level you'd expect to see things in Standard or Modern.

>>51539771
>Sigil of Efreet
Just put two colons together (::) in MSE and they'll make the bulletpoint for you. But even if you didn't know, that, what was stopping you from going on Gatherer or something and copy/pasting it?
This seems good to me, though you should order the effects so they match the colors in the cost. So in this case, move the first ability to the second, the second ability to the third, and the third ability to the first.

>Sigil of Baja Mutt
Wait, choose two? Oh, forget what I told you about the last one being balanced. These are both busted I think. And with this one, the effects aren't very well balanced with each other. Like, the Black ability is a 1BB card, but the Red ability is worse than a bunch of 1R cards.
>>
No-content bump
>>
File: Spider-Men.jpg (150KB, 750x523px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Men.jpg
150KB, 750x523px
Small changes, upped both by 1 in cost and +1/+1 in P/T. Change was due to thinking they should both have better stats than badass normals like Batman. In terms of keywords, they were chosen to be foils to each other, one encourages attacking, the other encourages (or at least helps) blocking. If anyone decides to ask about Reach, I'll probably do that for Ben Reilly. Haven't really touched any of the Spider-Man things for a while now. I'm just a much bigger fan of DC than Marvel, sorry.

>>51542342
I guess everyone else is busy. But on the other hand, what's to stop you from making cards? Do you want me to post the custom card challenge? Get art for an art challenge? Whoops, forgot that I had to look for replacement art for the trilands guy.
>>
>>51542587
The UB one is significantly better than the WU one.
>>
File: Colorful Cast.jpg (58KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Colorful Cast.jpg
58KB, 375x523px
An idea just came to me. The name is obviously a play on the saying "colorful cast of characters" as well as the actual colors of the cards. Will probably use different art in the future.

>>51543576
Well, I've been much happier with Otto, so I guess I'll have to change Pete then. Any suggestions?
>>
File: Klint Deserts Deputy.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Klint Deserts Deputy.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Fantasy cowboys? I know there was some reddit poster that had a set built around it or something. But can you see wizards ever doing it themselves?

>>51543734
Seeeeeems okay. Might be undercosted. Compare to conflux. 8 mana anything in the color vs 5 mana only legends, its hard to say.
>>
File: Kaine Scarlet Spider.jpg (115KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kaine Scarlet Spider.jpg
115KB, 752x523px
Double-checking this.

>>51543786
Yeah, I know Conflux exists, that's how I got part of the wording. But yeah, good point. I'll probably just drop the legendary bit.

>Klint
Great choice for name and flavor text. I really like the card, but you should update your frames. And I'm not the best judge on balance, but I think it's fine.
>>
>>51543917
I tried updating them, but my MSE just keeps giving me an error when I select the m15 onward frames. Not sure what to do
>>
>>51543970
Screenshot?
>>
>>51543917
also, sorry, submitted to early
>card
Very very strong, but I think it might be safe. I dunno if I like the return to hand bit on The Other though.
>>
File: index.jpg (402KB, 1845x693px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
402KB, 1845x693px
>>51543986
The left is what happens just from clicking "Style". The right is what happens if I select an m15 frame. I've reinstalled MSE before since it happened and nothing changed, but maybe I'm just an idiot and don't know what I'm doing
>>
File: Master Pandemonium.jpg (57KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Master Pandemonium.jpg
57KB, 375x523px
>>51543993
Thanks. How about shuffling The Other when it dies instead?

>>51544067
What do you have that uses the file extension "mse-game"? I don't recognize it.
>>
>>51544591
>mse-game
I don't have a clue, lol.

And I don't think Wizard's likes too many shuffle effects these days, they'd probably say put it on the bottom instead (which there's plenty of precedent for in green so you're good).
>>
>>51544622
Oh, I found it, it's a file MSE is using to reference things. Here, I made a zip with my file in it. Unpack it and put it into the data folder in the Magic Set Editor 2 folder. Obviously you should move your old mse-game folder first, or just delete it. Yes, I know the name is gross, but I can't remember my MediaFire account.

https://a.cuntflaps.me/rSFJZ.zip

>Kaine
Thanks, I'll make the change.
>>
>>51544591
magic.mse-game is a folder, not a file. He needs to update it.
>>
File: Lanadri Blood Traitor.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lanadri Blood Traitor.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>51544826
how do i update it then?
>>
>>51545805
Just use the file I uploaded.
>>
>>51545805
Could be wrong, but I feel like the effect could be cheaper since you and this guy both get hit virtually every time you use the ability.
>>
File: index.jpg (141KB, 1074x523px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
141KB, 1074x523px
>>51545836
The m15 template works but on some of the cards its a little wonky. And I am still getting an error message of some sort, but the frames work. Thanks :)
>>
>>51543786
This should force you to pick an untapped creature. Otherwise if they have any tapped creatures at all, its "tap all creatures."
>>
File: 83353.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
83353.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
bamp
>>
File: Null Refraction.png (225KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Null Refraction.png
225KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Inverse Attribute.png (268KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Inverse Attribute.png
268KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Hector Morales Powerhaus.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Hector Morales Powerhaus.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>51549675
Seems interesting, but 6 power seems like a lot.

>>51550540
Seems cool.

>>51550554
Power pump with DTouch seems a little odd. I like the idea though.
>>
File: coloreduncommons.jpg (920KB, 1500x1569px) Image search: [Google]
coloreduncommons.jpg
920KB, 1500x1569px
Hi fellas I posted a while ago but I made some edits to these dudes.
>>
File: Copperhead5.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Copperhead5.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
Should I change how the poison counter stuff works?

>>51551412
>Blacksand Butcher
???

>Patient Firetender
Potshot seems interesting. Not entirely sure on the name though. "Potshot" seems more... underhanded than pingstrike. And please stop using these watermarks, they're ugly. I don't care that Wizards made them.

>Enforcer of Justice
The Rush ability should be first and should probably read
>~ can't be countered if it's the first spell you cast this turn.
Also not a fan of this name. And "spells and abilities" only applies to spells with targets (if the targets become illegal, the game has to counter the spell).

>Gambler's Game
I don't like most of this. I'd rather it be like Creeping Dread and only make that one player lose 3 life.

>Resuscitator Outlaw
Interesting. Not sure about the ability cost being 1BG though, maybe BG due to the restriction. As for wording
>Create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token. Activate this ability only once each turn.

>Solitary Shaman
?????

>Nightland Hunters
Come on. Things that affect the casting of a card should be put above things that affect a card once its on the battlefield. Well, I am kinda just assuming Rush is supposed to trigger on cast, you don't make it clear if this Rush ability is supposed to trigger on cast or ETB. With the other one it was obvious because it affected how it was cast. Anyway, I don't see why this is RG. Mono-Green, mono-Blue, or GU I could understand.

>Highland Eagle Pack
??????????

>Ranger Outcast
Why a cast trigger? Why not an ETB trigger.

>Final Retribution
Order them alphabetically. Artifact, creature, enchantment. It kinda upsets me that this is a rare when all the others are uncommons. And as for Rush... Don't put conditions on top of condition. If the Rush condition is fulfilled, just give them the bonus, don't put another condition to fulfill on top of it. And how are you using Rush anyway? WU and WB make sense, they both use W. But then you use it on a RG card?
>>
>>51551412
>Potshot
Reminder text isn't rules text, but it should at least unambiguous. If I multi-block a creature with Potshot X, does it do X damage to each creature blocking it, or X damage to a single creature blocking it? For that matter, does the latter target?
>Whenever this creature becomes blocked, it deals N damage to each creature blocking it.
>Whenever this creature becomes blocked, choose a creature blocking it. This creature deals N damage to that creature.
>Whenever this creature becomes blocked, it deals N damage to target creature blocking it.

>Enforcer
You don't need "by spells or abilities", as that's reserved for spells that target and so may still need to be countered by the game rules for having invalid targets.

Also, since this modifies a cast, it should come before the creature's abilities.

>Gambler's Game
>...discards A card from HIS OR HER hand... return the card you discarded to your hand and each opponent loses 3 life...

>Nightland Hunters
Needs a trigger on the second ability. I assume its an ETB effect.

>Highland Eagle Pack
>When ~ dies, you may exile it. If you do...
See Academy Rector.
>>
>>51551412
It's so weird to me that a keyword as bland and meaningless as Prowess became evergreen where god knows how many better ones were chucked aside.
>>
File: Laura Kinney4.jpg (44KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Laura Kinney4.jpg
44KB, 375x523px
Trying X-23 again. Will add the title to the final card, just easier to use iterations numbers without numbers in the card name. Anyway, this version trades DTouch for discard. Supposed to be a foil of sorts to Logan, who is 3/3, has DStrike and Indie, and also has the damage can't be prevented clause (supposed to represent strength of adamantium). Sorry to the anon who said these guys shouldn't have Indie and should have Regen instead.
>>
>>51552163
At least partly because it filled a spot as the UR evergreen keyword, though I don't share your opinion that it's bland or meaningless. But what other better keywords are you talking about?
>>
>>51552086
>I don't care that Wizards made them.
p. sure wizards didn't make them, because they're so fucking ugly.

>>51552117
>...discards A card from HIS OR HER hand...
Uh, no. They stopped saying that a LONG time ago, because where the fuck else can you discard something from other than your hand? Also this card is confusing me as to what happens with 3+ players.
>Starting with target player, each player discards a card. If you discarded the card with the highest converted mana cost or a card tied for the highest, return that card to your hand and each opponent loses 3 life.

>>51551412
You need to work on ambiguous wordings. Games don't always have just 2 players and creatures don't always have just 1 blocker.
>>
>>51552391
>p. sure wizards didn't make them, because they're so fucking ugly.
>>
>>51551412
Also, a group of birds is called a flock, not a pack. Not to mention the fact that eagles are solitary hunters.
>>
>>51552417
>>51552391
Wait, nevermind, apparently MagicCards decided to lie to me. Doesn't help that Gatherer for some reason refuses to show people what the cards look like on MTGO.
>>
>>51552417
Oh, gross. I don't think that's how they officially appear in MTGO, though. Probably a game file mod.
>>
File: Luke Cage Power Man.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Luke Cage Power Man.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>51552478
They're not. Don't know why they're on MagicCards.
>>
File: reviseddualuncommons.jpg (979KB, 1500x1569px) Image search: [Google]
reviseddualuncommons.jpg
979KB, 1500x1569px
>>51551412
Alright so I revised these uncommons.

>Blacksand Butcher
I gave him more power and made him a perma-attacker that gives other creatures a form of evasion on attack. I might add some evasiveness on him, however.
>Desparate Measures
This was the uncommon B/W I wanted you guys to see. Its design is intended to give you a potential loot effect on your draw steps at the expense of your own artifacts/creatures.
>Gambler's Game
I still need help wording this. This is the intended effect:
>each player drops a card
>if an opponent dropped a card with a lesser CMC than yours, they lose 3 life
>you draw another card
Or something along those lines.
>Resuscitator Outlaw
Changed the ability cost to GB. Otherwise, nothing else changed.
>Highland Hunters
Procs on ETB.
>Ranger Outcast
Removed the restriction to cast on your turn. I felt like he would be more useful if he could make a card permanently castable from exile. Might make his effect trigger on cast again though so it isn't abuseable.
>Highland Eagle Flock
Made it cheaper, gave it flying (whoops lol), and fixed the wording. A little boring but a self-replacing flying bear is nice.
>Solitary Shaman
Designed to be useful against artifact/enchantment heavy decks and can act as removal. It's like a reclamation sage but slower.
>Patient Firetender
I wanted a RW Stormchaser mage. For what he does, he's pretty strong. Especially in his colors, noncreature spells can quickly make him a threat.
>Longhorn Deputy
Fixed some wording. He's a tax collector in the flavor sense and the gameplay sense.
>Final Retribution
Initially I didn't want to show this card with uncommons because I'm an idiot, but I fixed it while I was at it. It's almost a little bit too strong, considering it's an instant and can hit a lot of targets with an upside. I might scale it back to artifacts and creatures.
>>
File: Nythe the Blasphemer.png (257KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Nythe the Blasphemer.png
257KB, 375x523px
>>51552276
Why does she discard? Isn't she just "girl Logan"? Well, with a different backstory and whatnot. Her powers are basically the same. I guess she fights differently so that's one way you could separate them. Discard, to me, reflects mindfucks and delirium/madness/despair. X-23 is just... mean. Menace is fine, but I don't really see the discard. Maybe you can sell me on it.

>>51552648
I thought Luke's thing was he didn't want to get into fights? Maybe that was just later in his career? He struck me as kind of being like Jackie Chan in that he don't want no trahbble.

>>51553350
A note on Quickdraw: Use Ashmouth Hound's wording to help get it working how you want it to.

Rush is sort of interesting, actually. I've seen mechanics revolve around second spells, but not first.

Thought up a strange idea for a PW. It's simplistic, but it's twofold: the idea of an ETB 'Walker, and the PW itself as a concept. The former is likely much more interesting than the latter. In case anyone is curious, the ult is cribbed from Devouring Greed, and re-purposed for Zombie tribal.

Also I like the art, but I wish I had something a little less... racy.
>>
>>51553852
Oh, sorry the artist is Skiorh, near as I can tell.
>>
>>51553852
This really wants to be a creature, rather than a walker.
>>
>>51553852
Also, all Planeswalkers are already etb walkers, since they can use their loyalty abilities as soon as they enter the battlefield.
>>
>>51554042
Except when you give them an ETB, they get two things they can do when they drop. I feel like it's design space worth exploring.

>>51554015
It's fairly simplistic, yes. Maybe it would make a better creature, but it feels like it would be busy that way. I suppose the ETB and one of the two loyalty abilities put together might be alright. I have to say, I've always thought it funny how most people's reactions to my cards, especially PWs, are "meh". No real impetus to keep making them when that's the case, is there?
>>
>>51554075
>Except when you give them an ETB, they get two things they can do when they drop.
Then just let one of the loyalty abilities do two things. There are some interesting things you can do with etbs, but cramming more value is not one of them.
>>
>>51554099
Well then I'm sorry I wasted thread space, anon. I like the idea, but nobody said you had to. We all have our opinions.
>>
File: Only Time.png (232KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Only Time.png
232KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Fallen Embers.png (275KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fallen Embers.png
275KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51554324
i feel like 4 mana for this is too cheap. if it was symmetrical (all players get the effect on their turns) 4 mana seems fine.
>>
File: Chronicles of Andaria.png (809KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Chronicles of Andaria.png
809KB, 750x1046px
>>
>>51554721
holy giant card template batman! anyway, 2 seems to cheap for this, as well. I think 3 is the sweet spot, especially colorless so any deck can run it
>>
File: Banhi Goldleaf Elder.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Banhi Goldleaf Elder.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51554980
Shroud seems too much on this.
>>
>>51553852
For X-23 and Luke, I admit I just added those abilities haphazardly so they'd be more than just beaters. Bad choice, I know. Since X is supposed to be an assassin, what about replacing Menace with DTouch and giving her some sort of blocker mechanic similar to Luke? Another idea is attack trigger to kill a creature defending player controls, maybe -2/-2 or power less than X's power or something.
>>
File: Koth Mirran General.jpg (40KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Koth Mirran General.jpg
40KB, 375x523px
Haven't touched this in a while. Attackers are all declared simultaneously, right? And yes, it's pretty different from the original Koth, the idea was to show a move from just being a powerful geomancer (even though he still has those powers) to being the leader of the Mirran forces. I hope the abilities get that across OK.
>>
>>51556479
But being completely honest, I also changed him partially because Nissa took the land animation archetype for planeswalkers.
>>
Not on comp, but here's a different concept for X-23.

>When ~ enters the battlefield, it deals damage equal to its power to up to one target creature or player.
>When ~ dies, return it to its owner's hand.

If that's too good, I could add a cost to recursion.
>>
File: Gayoung Voidmage.png (241KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gayoung Voidmage.png
241KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51560379
I'm gonna say it... his name looks like a portmanteau of "gay" and "young"
>>
File: Wonderbind.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wonderbind.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>51554311
This feels very mono U sense fateful hour isn't especially color bound to GW, sense the mechanic is pretty simple. I could see it fitting into U fine.
If the card had a white effect to it I think it would work out. Maybe change the Fateful hour trigger to summoning 2 1/1 birds with flying?

>>51554324
This is grixis, not temur. Black has a lot of effects just like this while green only has a few that are "may cast" effects. The closest comparison to this I can think of for G are courser of kruphix effects which are not that similar to this.
other then this being in the wrong color pie, it feels fine. It's a very inconsistent not-drawing engine which usually range from 2-4 mana, and this is in 3 colors and only has the upside of sometimes getting you a lot of not-drawing effects. I think the effect is inconsistent enough not to warrant being 5 mana.

>>51554721
should be at least 3 mana. The fact it is guaranteed to replace itself sense it triggers itself is too strong at 2 mana.
>>
>>51561103
I quite like this Aura.

>This feels very mono U sense fateful hour isn't especially color bound to GW, sense the mechanic is pretty simple.
Come-back mechanics are very white, and just being simple is no reason to spread them around willy-nilly.
>>
File: Delirious Spectacle.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Delirious Spectacle.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>51554980
I think if it only had shroud while untapped it would be fine.

>>51556479
Turning lands into dudes permenantly is mostly a G thing. Red usually just does it temporarily, but I think it's fine to let it pass here sense RW has some precidence for converting lands into creatures (Goblin Trenches) so this isn't _that_ out of color. Besides that effect being a little out of pie, I think it's fine. You might want to add some spaces at the end of the third ability so it isn't getting over lapped by the loyalty counters.

>>51558434
That is fine just depends on the CMC and power. a 2/2 for 4 that comes back as a 1/1 was fine (Murderous Redcap) at uncommon.

>>51561358
>I like wonderbind
thanks! I am trying to make some decent auras in each color so the WB enchantment synergy cards won't be useless out of WB.

>>51560379
Feels fine. It's a very slow control card that stands out mechanically from other walkers without being broken. Don't forget to put their first name as their subtype!
>>
File: Agonize.png (256KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Agonize.png
256KB, 375x523px
>>51561625
Oh hey, this reminded me of a card I made.
>>
>>51561763
This is very nice.
>>
File: Heavenly Migration.png (230KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Heavenly Migration.png
230KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51554311
WHO CAN SAY WHERE THE ROAD GOES
WHERE THE DAY FLOWS
>>
>>51554980
Shroud is so 2007.
>>
>>51553852
>>51560379
The only thing I can think of when I see these ETB walkers is why you decided to gimp them by denying them a third ability.
>>
>>51561625
If you control two or more enchantments, that player discards two cards at random instead.
>>
File: Gwendlyns Influence.png (265KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gwendlyns Influence.png
265KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Laura Kinney5.jpg (43KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Laura Kinney5.jpg
43KB, 375x523px
>>51561103
>Wonderbind
Nice. Solves the aura problem quite well.

>>51561625
>Koth
Thanks! Land animation actually wasn't my idea. Before the ability just made a 3/3 Golem artifact creature token (partly because the card felt like it wanted to make bodies, and partly because I have this odd obsession with reusing tokens), but an anon suggested land animation instead, which I really like, since it ties back to Koth's original card. I will likely later the third ability so it looks better visually. Though I am actually wondering about the ult, if it should scale with the number of attacking creatures, or if it should be more like
>Whenever a creature you control attacks or blocks, other creatures you control get +1/+1 until end of turn.

>That is fine just depends on the CMC and power. a 2/2 for 4 that comes back as a 1/1 was fine (Murderous Redcap) at uncommon.
Right, MR is exactly what I was thinking of. Here's the newest version of X-23. Really starting to wonder if the unpreventable damage clause is worth keeping.

>Delirious Spectacle
Hmm... You know, I think this should be Worship. Like, Worship should be an ability word like Metalcraft. Though I will admit that this is partially because Worship is probably my least favorite custom mechanic I've ever seen, not including obvious troll stuff like Cooldown.
>>
File: Reapers Favor.png (883KB, 750x1046px) Image search: [Google]
Reapers Favor.png
883KB, 750x1046px
>>51565120
Anti-damage-prevention is a bit weird, given how rare damage prevention is itself these days. I think you could afford to take out that line and lower the cost a little.
>>
>>51565312
Actually, I was thinking about replacing the ability with a keyword. Haste doesn't seem right, maybe FStrike?

>Reaper's Favor
Concept is interesting. But the wording of the activated ability is awful. Seriously, were you drunk?
>Put all creature cards exiled with ~ into their owners' hands.

And have I already told you about your frames? I forget.

Hey, aren't you the Authority fan?
>>
File: Geomancy Apprentice.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Geomancy Apprentice.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>51565120
>LK
She could be a 3/2. A 5 mana shock that can be recurred some how isn't very good. At least a bolt is kind of acceptable.

>I like the if check mechanic more then worship
The whole point of worship is to make those kind of enchantment based effects viable without an entire set being themed around enchantments. A Enchantmentcraft won't work in a set if only 2 colors really care for it, at least not the same way metal craft did.
There will be plenty of effects like enchantment craft, and some other things like the Disciple of Sho'mas. The goal of the keyword is to enable those kind of effects.
>>
>>51565676
>The whole point of worship is to make those kind of enchantment based effects viable without an entire set being themed around enchantments.
Origins had an enchantment subtheme in only two colors AND an artifact subtheme in another two colors. It's perfectly doable.

You are also making the same mistake they did with Theros - people who like enchantments want to play lots of enchantments, not lots of creatures that also happen to be enchantments just to enable enchantmentfall.
>>
>>51565676
Lowercase Refine. And it looks like you forgot to get rid of the reminder text you manually added.
>>
File: Illusionary Courage.png (237KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Illusionary Courage.png
237KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51566380
The fact that this doesn't save a creature from targeted destruction sort of bugs me.
>>
File: Geode Drake.jpg (42KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Geode Drake.jpg
42KB, 375x523px
>>51566380
Should at least have flash. It's really bad without it. Maybe have the sac only happen at the end of the turn?
>When enchanted creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice ~ at the beginning of the next end step.
>>
File: First of Autumn.png (285KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
First of Autumn.png
285KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51566380
Just spitballing.
>Enchant creature
>Enchanted creature can't be the target of spells that can target only creatures or of abilities that can target only creatures.
>When enchanted creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice ~.
I've been meaning to use the Wall of Shadows effect for a while, but as interesting as it is, it's so out-there it's hard to justify in flavor.
>>
>>51567434
So a really terrible Hexproof?

Alpha Authority was Hexproof with upside at 1G and uncommon. I'm not sure how much worse you can get, besides costing a single G.
>>
File: Laura Kinney7.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Laura Kinney7.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
Latest version of X-23. Finally got better art, cost reduced by 1, FStrike replaces the damage-altering ability.

>>51567607
I was trying to make something that protected it better than what that anon made but still keep the Illusion ability. But yeah, I think the concept is just dead from the starting gate.
>>
>>51567739
Choose one --
:: Lose first strike.
:: Lose the recursion.
:: Drop the power back to 2.
>>
File: Visions of Glory.jpg (49KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Visions of Glory.jpg
49KB, 375x523px
>>51566931
Making lands colorless doesn't feel very G to me. I think I'd like this more if it was RB. RB have some mana production stuff (ususally older cards though) that tend to have a, downside for ramp style of effects, and red does that a few ways too.
>>
File: Max Eisenhardt Magneto.jpg (50KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Max Eisenhardt Magneto.jpg
50KB, 375x523px
Another X-Men member (sorta), Magneto. First ability is actually an ability I first used on Static. Despite making the Villain type, I'm kinda reluctant to use it on him. I'll probably relent eventually though. Recursion ability is supposed to be him reshaping metal into something he wants. I guess I could make it tutor, but that seems too good. I'd probably add a CMC restriction then, make it so the CMC of the sacced artifact has to be greater than the CMC of the tutored thing or whatever.

>>51567805
Eh, third one I guess. Thanks. I think I can finally move X-23 to the finished category now. Ugh, assuming it's not pushed, like apparently how so many of my other cards are.
>>
File: Wandering Simulacrum.jpg (46KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Wandering Simulacrum.jpg
46KB, 375x523px
Homage to the greats
>>
File: Netherglow Pillager.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Netherglow Pillager.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
Renamed this guy, and the keyword. Hows it sound?

>>51567607
I really think the right move is
>flash
>Enchanted creature has indestructible.
>Whenever ~ becomes the target of a spell or ability, sac ~ and draw a card (or I guess scry 2 if it replacing itself feels too good.)>>51567739
>>
File: Luke Cage Power Man3.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Luke Cage Power Man3.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
This version of Luke Cage is meant to reflect him as a "Hero for Hire". Even if this doesn't make it to the final version, I honestly like the ability so much I'll just put it onto something else.

>>51568490
Now, I'm just a pleb when it comes to Magic, but being able to recur any card from your graveyard seems pretty sweet.
>>
File: Fallen Simulacrum.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Fallen Simulacrum.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
and another
>>
>>51568567
Whoops. It's supposed to be worded so that you can't choose yourself if you're also a defending player.
>>
>>51568560
I like the changes. But now that the mechanic is called Weaponize, maybe you should change the name from Gear to Weapon.

>>51568590
I so want to mana screw someone with this.
>>
File: Jace Guild Arbiter.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jace Guild Arbiter.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
Another planeswalker I haven't touched in a while. Ugh, back when I had hopes that Jace would stay in Ravnica and Tamiyo would be the new Blue planeswalker. Ugh, fuck the Gatewatch and fuck Magic's writers.
>>
>>51568099
Too much self synergy. He would be interesting with just the first ability alone.
>>
>>51568759
Really? OK then. I'm always afraid to have stuff that targets only artifacts or enchantments, because they're not as prevalent as creatures are. Which I realize might be a sign that I should play more to get a better idea of things.
>>
>>51564790
This is a good point. I'm not sure why I didn't do a 4-ability PW. I'll see if I can cook something up to rectify this. It might make the overall concept feel better. Though, I also really like simplistic yet potent PWs so the low word count on the current version of Nythe is appealing to me.

For the record, I'm >>51553852; I didn't make >>51560379 though I'm glad someone else thought the concept of an ETB 'Walker held some merit.

>>51568738
They're both bad characters but Tamiyo is way more sufferable than Jace. I hate Jace, and I hate the Gatewatch. Why does Magic need an overarching metaplot again? The ult on this seems really underwhelming and very weak in a control matchup. Still, maybe that's on purpose?

>>51556243
You could do two things with X-23 depending on the version you want to represent. There's the semi-feral badass assassin and the vicious defender of her friends. The latter begs for Ninjutsu on a beater chassis, and the former... well I guess you could just gussy up any of the good black Assassin cards, and go from there. Nekrataal comes to mind. Nothing wrong with her just straight up ETB ganking a nigga.

For Luke, I kinda like the version you have here >>51568567, but the additional blocking feels strange. I'd rather, since he's a man for hire, to have it cost per additional blocker ("That's gon' cost you extra, man.") Tying that to the final ability, in a perhaps more refined incarnation, might just do it. For that, maybe:
>Whenever one or more creatures attack a player that isn't you, that player may have you draw two cards. If that player does, he or she untaps @ and gains control of it until end of combat.

This seems to read pretty well.
>>
>>51569110
>Ninjutsu
Actually I'm retarded, nevermind this. Bouncing an unblocked creature is stupid. You want the OPPOSITE of Ninjutsu, and have her bounce a blocked attacker or a blocker to protect them.
>>
File: Contraband.png (237KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Contraband.png
237KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51569110
>Why does Magic need an overarching metaplot again?
Blog post ahead. With how (painfully) similar the current plot is to something out of a comic, I think it's partly due to Magic having some comic book fans working on it, and partly due to some idiot looking at the current trend in superhero movies (do note that I consider these different from comic book movies). It really hurts. Apparently nobody at Wizards seems to be aware that the draw of Magic was the planes. Every time, I'm disappointed we don't learn more about the planes, because they tend to be so well-made. But god, then they turn the planeswalkers into X-Men rejects, force them into becoming the most painfully forced version of the Avengers I've ever seen, and absolutely refuse to keep them out of the spotlight for any period of time. And that's not even getting into all the fucking retcons. Fucking hell I could go on forever. I'm always amazed that Wizards plans sets five years in ahead, yet they can't keep a single fucking story straight for five months. The revelation that Nahiri was stuck in the Helvault this whole time nearly gave me an aneurysm.

Ugh, rant over.

>Jace ult
Shit. Original idea was more in-line with Sen Triplets. I love the idea of having Jace "confiscate" cards to use against opponents, but have a hard time making an effect for it. So I just went for being a complete "no fun allowed" dick.

>X-23
Well, ganking is why I decided to make her a variant of Murderous Redcap, essentially.

>Luke Cage
I wanted it to draw for every creature it blocks, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it without also having it apply to you, which I don't want. And as for your suggested wording, there are two reasons I have you choose a defending player. First is because multiple players can get attacked in the same turn. Second is so you don't hand over Luke to someone with a sac outlet on the board, or something similar.
>>
File: Death Pact.png (267KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Death Pact.png
267KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51569324
...Why Red?

>>51569518
What's even the point of saccing the creature in the first place? Oh, flavor, that's it? Eh... not really a fan of that.
>>
>>51569537
It does force you to have at least one creature on the board.
>>
>>51569537
>...Why Red?
Because it's a Stone Rain
>>
File: Phyrexian Obliterator.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Phyrexian Obliterator.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
Hey guys do you think this card is balanced? I'm worried it might be a little too overpowered.
>>
>>51569693
Some of us have actually played magic.
>>
>>51569693
You couldn't even change the name?
>>
>>51569721
what's funny is if this card had never been printed but rather had been proposed in one of these threads, it would NEVER get the okay.
>>
>>51569758
it's a joke senpai
>>
>>51569789
Jokes are funny.

>>51569768
>Wizards =/= /ccg/
What a fucking astounding revelation.
>>
>>51569816
Makes me think Cooldown Guy is actually Maro in disguise
>>
File: Sinister Sitchings.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sinister Sitchings.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
Does this actually work the way I think it works?
>>
>>51569924
Creature is lowercase. As for the actual recursion ability, yes, it's on several Auras already. Not entirely sure about the exile bit, since the Aura will be in the graveyard when it resolves. But anyway, why do you think an effect that goes onto a 2B common aura needs to be 2UR, rare, and exile itself?
>>
>>51569924
>>51569963
>2UR
Obviously meant to say 2UB.
>>
File: Sinister Sitchings2.jpg (37KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sinister Sitchings2.jpg
37KB, 375x523px
Would something like this be too pushed then?
>>
>>51570042
I doubt it, considering you still have to kill the creature, which if you do yourself will likely be a 2 for 1. What exactly are you going for with this?
>>
>>51570042
An enchantment that gains you control of a creature without the fragility of the enchantment being destroyed later in the game, ending the effect.
>>
>>51570166
>>51570181
I'm too tired and didn't notice it, but Unhallowed Pact does this already. If all you want to make is an Aura to fit your criteria, you've done it, and so has Wizards.
>>
File: Sinister Sitchings3.jpg (38KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sinister Sitchings3.jpg
38KB, 375x523px
Would something like this be more playable?
>>
File: Sinister Sitchings4.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Sinister Sitchings4.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
or a grixis version that doesn't steal the creature permanently until it dies?
>>
>>51569358
Oh, I missed that somehow. Yeah, Laura Kinney 7 is pretty okay, I think.
>>
File: Herpetomancer.png (265KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Herpetomancer.png
265KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Tatsu Yamashiro Katana5.jpg (48KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Tatsu Yamashiro Katana5.jpg
48KB, 375x523px
Well, I'm going to bed. Have one last card for tonight. No changes from last time, just trying to get more feedback. Katana's a master swordsman, trying to convey through abilities how skilled she is. Wording from second ability taken from Butcher Orgg.

>>51570259
>>51570283
No idea. What is your obsession with this ability?

>>51570330
Yeah, kinda guessed. And thanks.

>>51570337
???
>>
>>51570330
>>51570387
Wait, forgot to mention that 7 is outdated, anon advised me to drop her down to 2/2. Otherwise the same though.
>>
File: Heart Flayer.png (276KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Heart Flayer.png
276KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Nythe the Blasphemer.png (235KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Nythe the Blasphemer.png
235KB, 375x523px
>>51570408
2/2 is a good spot. I'd defer to that anon over me since I'm rusty at best.

>>51572069
The PW hate is kinda weird and jarring after reading the first ability. I guess they kinda mesh, since PWs often protect themselves with tokens, but still. I like the first ability on its own as GW hate and wouldn't mind it just being that, truth be told.

Speaking of PWs protecting themselves with tokens, I took the suggestion to update Nythe to a 4-ability template, though I may have underpowered the Bone Splinters-like ability. I was just worried about it being too good if it exactly mirrored the card it was based on since it's on a stick. Maybe the loyalty cost justifies it? I mean the +2 and -2 basically create a meatgrinder for low-power creatures on their own.

Also, new art that's more tasteful.
>>
>>51572238
Oh, forgot to mention I buffed the ult a little to be more appealing to EDH/THG players.
>>
>>51572238
I liked the old art better desu senpai.
...And now I'm wondering if I could make an entire set based around tasteful nudes off the grogbooru.
>>
File: Metastone.png (268KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Metastone.png
268KB, 375x523px
>>51565600
>were you drunk?
god, I wish

>Aren't you the Authority fan?
Guilty.

>>51566931
Given that this ramps and fucks with your opponents manabase, I'd say it's fine as RG. I actually like how multipurpose this is, though you may want to bump up the cost - it can ramp really really hard.

>>51568490
That second ability should target the card in the graveyard. I like this card a lot.

>>51568738
I know that there's a precedent in Narset for having block keywords with no reminder text on a planeswalker, but you have enough space for reminder text in the first ability.

>>51569693
It's amazing what a strict casting cost can do to a card's playability.
>>
>>51574236
>Metastone
I really like this one. Though the last ability would probably be better as
>T, Sacrifice ~: Draw a card for each charge counter on it. This ability costs one more to activate for each charge counter on ~.

Oh, and on the Authority, I'm just curious as to why you're a fan. It just does not appeal to me at all. But I am working on cards for them.
>>
>>51574236
>>51575095
>one more to activate
Damnit, that's what I get for designing cards as soon as I wake up. Should be
>1 more to activate
>>
File: Seth Six Billion Dollar Bastard.png (366KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Seth Six Billion Dollar Bastard.png
366KB, 375x523px
>>51575095
>why you're a fan
It did a lot of revolutionary things with art and paneling. There's a willingness to push boundaries in general. It's very different to most comic featuring superheroes.
>>
File: Jack Hawksmoor2.jpg (54KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Jack Hawksmoor2.jpg
54KB, 375x523px
>>51575754
Hmm, I'll keep reading then. Only read the first four issues so far, but if I weren't making cards based on the comic, I would've stopped by now. The exposition just seems so hamfisted (Jack talks aloud to no-one to briefly and poorly exposit about this powers, Apollo and Midnighter talk about themselves as Apollo and Midnighter because the writer couldn't think of a better way to tell you who they are, Midnighter giving his tryhard speech, characters constantly either telling each other about their powers which you think the others would know about, and thinking out loud to the point where I wish the writer just used thought bubbles and I hate thought bubbles), it's a big turn-off for me. And it really irritates me that, despite the exposition's being so in your face, the writer can't be bothered to elaborate on the characters' powers, and "vague powers" is one of my absolute biggest pet peeves in superhero comics, probably number two right beneath "status quo is god". Seriously, I have no clue what to do with the Doctor (either of them) because it seems that his power is "magic".

But if we're talking about Wildstorm comic, read Wildcats 3.0 (volume 3). I don't think there's anything quite like it in comics. It's basically a post-cyberpunk story featuring superhero characters who actually decide that they should change the world, permanently.

DV8 is good too. Really wish writers would just take the idea of prehistoric supers and run with it.

Oh, and Planetary. LXG done right.

>Seth
Could be interesting. Not sure on the number of cards though. Wait, shouldn't he be legendary?
>>
File: Cole Cash Grifter.jpg (58KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Cole Cash Grifter.jpg
58KB, 375x523px
>>51576309
Decided to do Grifter, one of the Wildcats. R ability for guns, W ability for a somewhat weak healing factor.
>>
File: Incensed Ultimatum.jpg (51KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Incensed Ultimatum.jpg
51KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Harley Quinn2.jpg (53KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Harley Quinn2.jpg
53KB, 375x523px
Last version exiled the top of your library on attack, and you could either cast it or have Harley deal damage equal to the card's CMC to the defending player.

>>51577585
You only need to say "can't be countered by spells or abilities" if the spell has a target. And the rest of your wording needs help too.
>Destroy all artifacts and enchantments, then return all creatures to their owners' hands. ~ deals 3 damage to each opponent.
The exact parsing is up to you, but it should be "owners'" and damage needs a source.
>>
File: Lucas Trent Midnighter2.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Lucas Trent Midnighter2.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
For some reason I thought the threads would pick up on the weekend. Guess not.

OK, Midnighter again. Trying to show off his precognition with this one. Though I was thinking of adding Prowess and making it Scry X instead, where X is his power. But I do realize how oppressive a Fateseal ability can be, so I'll try to keep that low. Hopefully it's not too good as it is now.
>>
File: Agent Wax.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Agent Wax.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
Another Wildcats member. He's a psychic who can influence people, which is represented here by his abilities. Pretty odd for a RW card I realize, but I think these are the colors of the effects. At least, the R is obvious, but I'm not so sure on the W. I'm also not 100% sure the W ability is legit, so if I'm missing something, please tell me.
>>
File: Splitting Ooze.jpg (52KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Splitting Ooze.jpg
52KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51580748
I think the wording would be closer to "At the beginning of each turn, if 5 or more Ooze creatures entered the battlefield this turn, sacrifice ~."

>>51579324
The white ability does not have direct precedence, but Silence exists. I could very easily see a pseudo-Silence in the same vein as that in white at common rarity, so I'll give it a thumbs up.

>>51579017
The scry is definitely powerful, but this guy does nothing but serve as a 3/3 that sometimes filters for you. In limited he's okay, in constructed he's poor, and in EDH style formats, he's mediocre. If you wanted him to be more powerful, you could add some kind of conditional evasion.

>>51577585
The flavor is cool, but fracturing gust effects generally tend to fall in Green/White more than any other color. Red does hate on artifacts, but that part of the card is like WWWR worth of effect. Actually, looking back on this, your design is incredibly elegant in that you are getting EXACTLY your manas worth for the effects: R for a bolt, UUW to bounce all creature, RWW to Fracturing Gust. I personally feel like the 3 damage is lackluster, but otherwise it's good.

>>51576309
Primeval Titan is a good card. This is... Not PrimeTime, but solid? Another rare that doesn't just win you the game, but a great beatstick. Fine at rare.

>>51575754
Nice. What's the flavor behind this guy?
>>
>>51579324
With the two disjointed abilities and the negligible body, this really feels like a pokemon card.
>>
>>51579017
You could just give him like, 5 toughness and he'll be fine.
>>
File: Minhee Aliborn.png (219KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Minhee Aliborn.png
219KB, 375x523px
>>
>>51581448
>Jack
Thanks! Yeah, Prime was an obvious inspiration, but I knew how crazy the attack trigger would get.

>>51581753
True, I'll refocus the card. Hmm, maybe a new take on Mother of Runes, but pro creatures? Eh... I'll have to think on it. He used his powers two different ways, controlling others, and making himself appear mentally as someone else.

>>51581889
Eh, Midnighter's a bitch to design. Basic idea is that in a fight, he can see all the moves the opponent will make against him, so he can properly formulate counterattacks to be almost unbeatable. Since that's basically Cassandra Cain's power, I might just make him into a variant of her. I originally wanted the ability to work for players, basically, this manipulation of future draws.
>>
>>51582410
Happy to see someone else doing the ETB PW thing. The One With Nothing on ETB feels like it meshes well with the ult/-X and at the same time is a bit much. It does give me an idea for one myself though. Sure it seeds the yard for that -8, but comparing that to Liliana Vess, it feels a bit lackluster. I suppose given that it's easier to get value out of it it's comparable, but maybe you could start her at 5 loyalty and then the -X also feels better if you pop her immediately after pitching your hand, so it nets you a 5 power creature for 4 mana? The +1 is really strong too. Not sure if it's okay as-is, since again Lili just forces discard and is CMC5.
>>
File: Savinne Khaid.png (260KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Savinne Khaid.png
260KB, 375x523px
>>51584611
Said card inspired by >>51582410. Not too sure what to cost the ult. Waffling between 7 and 8.
>>
Aight, so I just got a new computer, but it seems like the MSE addon for like, the colourless man asymbol and shit is nowhere to be found. Anyone got it for me? Maybe I'm just blind, but I can't find it in the extra downloads thread on the MSE forums.
>>
>>51585410
It's probably included in the latest download for MSE. Could be wrong though.
>>
>>51582410
As much as I disliked the idea of ETB walkers, I dislike the idea of downside walkers even more.
>>
>>51585410
I have the latest download since I had to re-install, and it's just [C] in the text box, and C in the mana cost for me.

>>51585557
I'd be interested in an explanation of why exactly you dislike them. I was thinking about the previous critique of "but just make the + ability do both things" but in many cases, that'd make the + ability too good for repeated use, but it at least nets you something else you can do with it that turn, the one time.
>>
>>51585683
[C] gives me the planechase chaos symbol.
>>
>>51585683
I dislike the ETB abilities because it just feels like another gimmick, and I'm not big on gimmick walkers. I realize that's subjective, it's just my opinion. One thing I think would be interesting though is if the ETB did something like spawn a legendary token, someone/thing closely related to the planeswalker, like Nissa could enter with Ahaya from her Origins card, or Ajani could enter with Shadowblayde (terrible name BTW, reminds of stupid 90's crap).
>>
>>51585781
That's actually an interesting idea. Another would be ETB emblems as a possibility. I'm not gonna try to convince you to like them, but at least you see potential in it even if you don't care for it, and that's a very sensible approach to take. I like the cut of your jib.
>>
File: Mal Duncan Herald3.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Mal Duncan Herald3.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
So, for Midnighter (>>51579017) I thought of a few potential abilities, but rather than make a card for each one of them and go through them one-by-one, I figure I might as well just list the abilities and see if any of you guys think they're good. These are working under the presumption that the body that they're on is a 3/3 with Prowess and nothing more.

>Prevent all damage that would be dealt to ~ by creatures with power less than ~'s power.

>~ has protection from creatures your opponents control with power less than ~'s power.

>Whenever ~ blocks or becomes blocked by a creature with power less than ~'s power, destroy that creature.

All the abilities are supposed to tie into his precognition power, where he basically sees all the attacks coming so he can dodge all of them and counterattack. But it doesn't make him invincible, and he can still get curbstomped be people bigger and stronger (because it doesn't matter how smart you are, people who can juggle planets can still rip you in half without breaking a sweat).

In the meantime, here's a new version of Herald. Previous version posted bounced the permanent, and people commented on how it could force your opponent to just draw one card for the rest of the game. Let me know if I need to adjust any costs, I find it hard to get a feel for how good X-cost effects are.
>>
>>51585922
>ETB emblems
Yeah, that could be interesting, but you'd of course have to be careful with how powerful they are. Actually, I'm already imagining a planeswalker designed explicitly to work with other planeswalkers that makes you a token on entry, and the ult can double the emblems players have.
>>
>>51585781
How is that any different from a Nissa that minuses the turn she comes down to create a legendary token? That's not interesting, that's just cramming more value onto a walker.
>>
>>51586075
Because an ETB frees you up to also + ability, and PWs are nothing but piles of value anyway, so arguing that making them more valuable "cheapens" them somehow is a bit silly. They pretty much only exist to give you a toolbox that's typically too expansive to fit on an enchantment or artifact. The fact that they can be attacked is just a balance thing that is hidden behind the guise of "fluffiness".
>>
File: Ambrose Grave Captain2.jpg (36KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Ambrose Grave Captain2.jpg
36KB, 375x523px
>>51586075
Eh, yeah, I think you might have a point. Well, I was just spitballing anyway, hadn't really given it much consideration. I think I might try to experiment with it sometime.

Speaking of planeswalkers, here's this guy. I had the idea for an X ability for a while and wanted to see what you guys think of it. For reference, the previous version was -1 for Zealous Persecution (until end of turn, your creatures get +1/+1, opponents' creatures get -1/-1)/
>>
>>51586097
>too expansive to fit on an enchantment or artifact
I'm pretty sure someone actually did make an enchantment or something out of a planeswalker, in the guise of timeshifting it to make it look like a pre-Mirrodin card. The card was nothing but ant-sized text.
>>
>>51586169
Yep. I've seen similar.

>>51586146
The choice on the -X is an interesting touch. I also like the ult. I don't recall that being on this guy last time I saw him, but then again that was likely long ago.
>>
File: Korro Tribal Hunter.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Korro Tribal Hunter.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
I kinda hate how close the first two abilities are to... the RG walker from Ravnica, forget his name.

>>51586301
>Ambrose
Thanks! Although I'm pretty sure I didn't change a thing about the ult, other than trying to move it so the last few words weren't covered by the starting loyalty. The only thing I've thought of changing for the ult is recurring the creature so it's tapped and attacking, but I've always felt that it would make it too good.
>>
File: Searing Cyclone.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Searing Cyclone.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
Made because I had the art. Idea is a riff on Cone of Flame, though this one doesn't target players, and you can target the same creature more than once. Which, if you wanted to, would mean you could have the card deal 7 damage to one creature, 3 damage to another, and 1 damage to each of two other creatures.
>>
File: Kranna Gohma2.jpg (35KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Kranna Gohma2.jpg
35KB, 375x523px
Can't think of a good first ability. Is this even a good direction to go in? Not much flavor, insect queen who wants to propagate and consume as much as possible.
>>
File: Invoker.png (263KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Invoker.png
263KB, 375x523px
>>
File: Outworld Devourer.png (244KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Outworld Devourer.png
244KB, 375x523px
skadoosh
>>
>>51588759
>>51588689
pls no
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.