[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ &/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 336
Thread images: 36

File: qq.jpg (140KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
qq.jpg
140KB, 1000x800px
Previous Thread: >>51465436
>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A
>News
http//theonyxpath.com/now-available-night-horrors-conquering-heroes-heresies-in-print/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/
This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/werewolf-there-wolf-monday-meeting-notes/
>Question
What is the best opening fiction piece? Which is the worst?
>>
>>51480476

I wish the vampfags would just acknowledge this. 10 dot Disciplines are barely above planetary shenanigans. The Triat can eat whole worlds. Archmages can demolish entire galaxies.

Archmages take this. I'm sorry. Cain is strong, but not THAT strong.
>>
>>51480538

Nobody cares anymore.
>>
If the Wyrm can eat the whole world than clearly Cain is inferior to the Wyrm since Cain is part of the world. Black Spiral Dancers win again
>>
>>51480538

I really like Rum is the Drink the Dead Like Best from Geist 1e. I guess the Beast's opening story would be my least favorite, but that one isn't bad or anything, just kind of weak.
>>
>>51465478
>Can the mage fans stop masturbating in the public threads. We know you love your power fantasies, but we'd like to keep the general free of sperg
>>
somebody leak the Scion playtest
>>
>>51480562
>The Triat can eat whole worlds

The Triat can't even get past werewolves who, as powerful as they are in low-level play, are completely outclassed in high-level play on every front. You'll forgive me if I stand unimpressed.
>>
>>51480538
>Best
Probably the core NWoD book
>Worst
Father's Thrusting Cock, with a lot of beast fiction coming in at a close second.
>>
>>51480538

Best is a match up between the 2e Triebooks for Children of Gaia comic and the Get of Fenris comic. One demonstrates how awesome Gaians can be even when all the other Garou are being backstabbing shitters, and the Get of Fenris one is American Get in WW2 killing Nazi Get. Reminded me of Inglorious Basterds.
>>
File: what have i done.gif (2MB, 200x267px) Image search: [Google]
what have i done.gif
2MB, 200x267px
I'm the guy who started the whole Mage supremacy shitposting

I'm so sorry guys, I didn't know it would get so bad it just was so entertaining making fun of MtAw players replying every post with a variation of "A Mage could also do this and better"

I didn't know it would get so out of hand
>>
>>51480631

Actually, the Weaver has basically already won thanks to the Technocracy and Vampires, and being what she is that means she doesn't actually do anything because lol stasis.

The Wyrm has been trapped by the Weaver this entire time and that's why its a slow descent into hell instead of him raping everything right away like he wants to.

And the Wyld has been shoved out by both and relegated to obscurity.

Unsurprisingly, they all keep each other in check, even when they're tainted and working improperly.
>>
>>51480631
>The Triat can't even get past werewolves
lol no
>>
>>51480656
I thought it was more that the Weaver fucked with the Wyrm to make him go into overdrive and if it wasn't for them everything would be a-okay
>>
>>51480656
>And the Wyld has been shoved out by both and relegated to obscurity.
This is why my next werewolf character is going to use spirit enhanced explosives to take out Pentex and reclaim tainted land.
#BlowItUpAndBuyItOut
#MakeWyldGreatAgain
>>
>>51480538
>
I liked the piece in the Devil-Tiger Dharma book
>
Beast, hands down.
>>
>>51480677

Everything would be okay if the Weaver didn't go insane. The Weaver is the root cause of the Wyrm's madness. But at the same time her prison has also been what has kept the Destroyer Wyrm from running wild all over Earth and the rest of the cosmology.

And finally, no one cares about the Wyld.
>>
>>51480647
If it stayed within CofD it would of died in a week but the oWoD autistics got involved and well...
>>
>>51480729
>no one cares about the Wyld.
The Ratkin do! Or at least its driven them mad.
The Black Furies at least pay lip service to it, in practice they just break shit and spread the wyrm (destruction) and the other things they claim to hate.
>>
I'm curious, are there any "werewolves" that cannot assume a human form at all? I know about some weres being obviously inhuman even when they shift to, uh, being human, like retaining sharkskin and teeth and a distinct animal smell.
>>
>>51480762

Hey now lets not play the blame game.

Almost every single Tribe has been guilty of spreading the Wyrm at some point or another.
>>
>>51480772

No but Metis and Lupus often do not care for their Homid form.
>>
If mages are so strong why can't any of them spare 5 minutes to help the werewolves out? I mean I know there's the whole own universe thing but you would think some of them would still have connections to the actual world and wouldn't want it to be turned into an atomic wasteland
>>
>>51480784
But most of them don't pretend to be Wyld focused. I'd argue the Furies fall the shortest of their stated goals and ideals of any tribe.
>>
>>51480796
Help them, like kill more fera?
>>
>>51480796
The mages believe winning the war for Reality is a more effective use of time then changing reality on an individual basis. And they are likely correct in this assumption, why clean an Oil spill when you can just make pollution not a real danger to the environment?
>>
>>51480647
I was the one saying Tremere was a retard who gave up Ultimate Power for gutter magic. Fuck, it's been how many days now? Has it been nonstop mage supremacy since?
>>
>>51480810

The Black Furies are a mess of unfocused themes besides 'STRONK WOMYN but we aren't actually man haters (EXCEPT WE ARE!)'
>>
>>51480834
>Stonk Womyn
Sadly you can't be very 'strong' if you fail at everything you set out to do.
>>
>>51480832
Gave up ultimate power for gutter magic and being the patsy of Saulot, let's not mince words with how stupid old Tremere was.
>>
>>51480832
At least hes immortal? Shame about that whole end of the world thing
>>
So I understand that changelings can feed off of emotions, but what emotion that is is determined by their court.

Can a changeling cause their emotion (like an Autumn Courtier scaring some random guy and then feeding off of his fear)? Or is that a sign of like.... a bad/corrupt court?
>>
What's better, 1st or 2nd Edition Awakening?

Also, is there a collection of converted legacies anywhere?
>>
>>51480861
They can feed on all emotions, they get more glamour from their court's emotions. And yes they can inspire the emotion, that's the point.
>>
>>51480861
Yes. Maybe.
>>
>>51480861
>Causing Emotion to feed
This is pretty much how most Changelings appear to go about it, you can go to funerals and not push things yourself, but it seems inefficient and impractical when you can illicit shallower emotions with basic actions for just as much Glamour.
>>
>>51480834
and they are one of the most chaotic, internally divided tribes and believe that this is good because it honors the Wyld.
And they believe that God is the Patriarch™, who oppresses womynz through Men.
They read like a parody to feminism in general.
>>
>>51480879
1e has more lore, 2e has mechanics I prefer.
Subtle/Vulgar can suck a dick. Mind Mages got the easiest fucking time, while Forces has to choke on Paradox every time they wanted to so much as blow their nose.

Also no, limited converted legacies exist, most are garbage, and can be found on the Onyx Path forums.
>>
>>51480879
Mechanically 2e does a lot to curtail some of the more egregious system abuses (e.g. extended castings).

No conversions yet. But they're family simple to do yourself and you'll probably get an extra two attainments for your trouble.
>>
>>51480856
>At least hes immortal?

In possibly the worst possible way, since Beckett's Jyhad Diary (and other previous books) heavily implies that Saulot *planned* to get diablerised by Tremere in a massive Xanatos gambit.

If Saulot *is* one of the biggest assholes in existence who's only *pretended* to be a nice guy, then you probably do *not* want to spend even a minute sharing a body with him, much less several centuries or possibly all of time.
>>
>>51480942
Yeah Tremere was just a fuck up, huh?
>>
>>51480942
And he was so smart to chose exactly the Clan whose Founder is present in their blood and can possibly control them. Truly a genius.
>>
>>51480901

They're probably the worst Tribe after Fianna and Red Talons, yeah. At least the Talons can serve a purpose and the Fianna are amusing sometimes.
>>
Also can Changeling's change their Mantle or Mein? Like change how they express Summer or what features they take on from their Seeming?
>>
>>51481038
There's two contracts for just that
>>
>>51480968
>>51480960

>Yeah Tremere was just a fuck up, huh?

Tremere are maybe my favourite clan of them all... but Tremere himself was probably not the brightest bulb in the box, no.
>>
File: 1472886162705.jpg (527KB, 650x700px) Image search: [Google]
1472886162705.jpg
527KB, 650x700px
>>51481053

Who here >Ajaba Master Race

Kindly reminder, kill all Simba!
>>
>>51481133
Black Tooth did nothing wrong
#MakeAfricaGreatAgain
>>
>>51481133
Is it against their Litany (or whatever they have) to take the werehyena girl pseudo-dick up their bums?
>>
>>51481163

Considering that all of their Metis are dickgirls by default? no.
>>
>>51481163

The Yava, and its less a Litany and more a magical weakness they can't contest so all of the Bastet keep theirs a closely guarded secret.

Black Tooth found out what the Ajaba one was and slaughtered them.

>>51481180

Anon lets not spread misinformation. The Metis either change genders, or are hermaphrodites.
>>
>>51481051
So that would make the change a temporary thing?
>>
>>51481163

They are very accepting of their Metis, especially now that they're dying out. So I guess if you want to take hyena girldick its canon.
>>
>>51481133
Honestly the werewolf African setting is one of the best.
>>
>>51481038
The changeling has no actual control over such things, the player is free to amplify or change mantle as either the merit or their wyrd goes up, evolving new Kiths or shedding old ones could also easily justify a change in mantle. But the only direct action the character can take are temporary contracts.
>>
>>51481309

The Ahadi are pretty cool. North Africa, around the Horn, South Africa, all good places to run stuff.
>>
File: F2A.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
F2A.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
>>51481400
Certainly a lot better than the Beast Courts and those annoying Kitsune.
>>
File: 8Qs0SmB.jpg (2MB, 2835x3508px) Image search: [Google]
8Qs0SmB.jpg
2MB, 2835x3508px
>>51481400

I've only played Hengeyokai but I had a great deal of fun doing that. More when everyone involved actually took the time to study up on little social things, idioms and outlooks people have in Japan, Taiwan, and so on have.

>>51481480

Oh like the yifffags matter. They're the idiot child mascot for dumb weeaboos who want to be a foxgirl or the worst kind of furry.

I've only seen one person play a Kitsune and the character was a scrappy brawler who looked like shit.
>>
File: 53868551_p0.jpg (1MB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
53868551_p0.jpg
1MB, 848x1200px
>>51481545
Still reading about them for the first time was such a disappointment.
Between the beginning snowflake to those annoying twin courtiers and the Man Speaking wild fox I can't decide who was worse. I was just expecting something a lot better than what was presented.
>>
>>51481726
They're so special they even get a special Auspice that is so super secret awesome they didn't even print it.
>>
Didn't nTremere do what the oTremere tried to do but without massively fucking up and turning into vamps?
>>
>>51481903
I don't recall off hand but they did as a whole get enslaved to the founder of Theban Sorcery, Theban. I think it was for a few centuries at least.
>>
>>51481903
Sort of? Word of Dave over on the official forums is that they were once an official order within the Diamond in fact many Diamond traditions are Tremere in origin. Things were going great until the other orders figured out what they were doing in private.
>>
>>51481545
>calling kistune yiffags when posting a picture like that
>>
>>51481935
>>51481967
I was meaning more along the lines of being immortal and not downgrading to leeches
>>
>>51481967
Dave has some cool plans in store for the Tremere. They're a Legacy no longer.
>>
>>51482059
After their treatment in Left Hand Path I expect good things.
>>
>>51482022
Awakening Tremere only make sense in 2nd edition, since Steal Lifespan no longer exists.

Seriously, you want immortality, go become a Death Master and lifedrain pedophiles or something. This is World of Darkness, you're not going to run out of terrible people this side of Ascension.
>>
>>51481903
Originally? Maybe.
They were allegedly Mages who'd been fed on by Vampires, who were then annihilated by the Supernal in their blood and yada yada yada stupid bullshit.

The Left-Handed Path book offered a different interpretation of them however, which I find a lot more attractive. Basically it's a crazy conspiracy theory about the existence of a 6th and 7th Dragon (Path), evidenced by the fragmentation of the elements of the soul between the 5 paths, despite even combined them not beign able to form one with the practice of Making.
They're crazy motherfuckers, who without a soul can Paradoxically still cast Magic while subsisting on the Souls of others.

They're not really that connected to Vampirism other than a bit in their backstory where a singular vampire (Theban) broke the mutually exclusive rule for the Kindred Curse and Awakened Magic. Then were freed when they chased one of the Bound under his orders, to the edge of the Abyss, and saw the Final Watchtower which sang their names.

Basically they're a fuckep up soul eating religion which may just be a crock of shit.
But who the fuck are you to question them Apprentice? Do you want your Lichdom to be undone?
>>
>>51482059
>>51482082

Tremere Liches are going to be an altered template with their "Houses" as their Legacies. This intrigues me greatly.
>>
Regardless I'm sure we can all agree we need mage books to come out faster
>>
>>51482130
Mage is spoiled for choice when it comes to antagonists. Seers of the Throne, Bainshers, Scelesti, Tremere, Reapers, Liches, and so much more.

I love it.
>>
>>51482096

I wonder what other Arcanum a Mage could use to effectively become immortal, without the need for Death. This would more than likely require a Legacy so they don't get dispelled to their doom.
>>
>>51482181
Life or time would probably good candidates
>>
>>51482130
>>51482178
I really hope the Timori make a real comeback too, they were my favorite antagonists from 1e.

>>51482181
The Timori use Prime Attainments to eat magic for their immortality!
>>
>>51482178
and yet all of them are boring
>>
>>51482205
A Legacy that steals organic matter from younger, healthier morsels. No need to transfer your mind or soul. Might as well call them the Tzimisce. We already got the Tremere, right?
>>
>>51482181
Time can't do it, and that's canon.
You need something which changes the nature of your own biological mortality, e.g. Life.
Assume a form which is biologically immortal, either requiring you to find such a thing in the wild, design it yourself, or combine with Matter to become a "living" Golem.

Allegedly there are going to be rules for Legacy Attainments which require multiple Arcana.
So really just make your own Legacy as a Matter Thyrsus or Life Moros, and make the 4th Attainment a "transform yourself into a being constituted of inert Matter" spell, with Reach into Advanced duration. Then each Month at Matter/Life 4, and each year at Matter/Life 5, you've just got to perform your scene long ritual, and bam, "biologically" immorta.
>>
>>51482018

You must not know the rules for Kitsune and their Crinos form then.
>>
Are people regularly dying of old age in games? I don't see the point.
>>
>>51482278

I think it's more interesting to findd out ways to become immortal without the need for Death or a transfer process. >>51482268 seems to have done so. You only need a Life Legacy of your own design to live forever as a "Tzimisce" stylized Mage.
>>
>>51482334
I'd call them Harvesters, because it doesn't necessarily require their death.

Just taking all the nice, juicy, functional bits of their internal organs, and giving them your old decaying bits in exchange.
>>
>>51482324
Mages live a couple decades longer than the average human due to their magic. They are still not spared from mortality, however.
>>
>>51482324
>I don't see the point
Roleplaying, Anon.
You could also go the entire game eating the most horrible fucking food, washing the bare minimum amount, and taking the most mundane, pointless Aspirations possible to be a horrible Beat whore.
But where's the fucking fun in that?

PCs frequently have aspirations which are "pointless" in game terms.
>>
>>51482371

A WIZARD STOLE MY KIDNEY!!!
>>
>>51482324
If it's not important to you, than why deny it to those who like it and want it for their characters and antagonists?
>>
>>51482383
True, but from a gameplay perspective if a game has gone on long enough the question isn't "how is age effecting them" it's "how are they planning ascension?"
>>
>>51482419
It's even fucking funnier, because many would try and morally justify it to themselves by just stealing from vegetables.
>>
>>51482278
I remember that Time could do it, but you'd be 'stuck' and unable to learn new things nor benefit from experience.
>>
>>51482456
Yeah, Veil of Moments, page 188. With enough Reach, you can heal naturally, and regain Mana and Willpower. just have to turn it off to spend xp.
>>
>>51482440
If I were a Tremere I'd infiltrate a hospital and steal souls from premature babies who weren't going to make it. Nobody is going to notice that those souls are gone and it isn't like the babies are going to miss them.
>>
>>51482551
That won't get you much. Human souls don't give you much juice once you get old enough.
>>
>>51482551
Any counsilia worth it's salt has someone posted at hospitals or nursing homes watching out for just that.
>>
>>51482601
That would be one hysterical encounter, in all honesty.
>>
>>51482215
Count me in for the timori and banishers in general, their old book leans way to heavily on the atlantis myth for the history section and really deserves another pass.
>>
>>51482601
That's a lot of mages posted to watch people die impotently when they could be doing, say, literally anything else and who could simply be healing people or something more productive.
>>
>>51482572
I'd cross that bridge once I got there.
>>51482601
You'd definitely want to scout out a hospital for that sort of thing first. Space or Time magic could be a big help since it would let you travel between small hospitals in remote areas where you're more likely to get away with it or travel back in time to when you know its safe and grab the soul moments before death.
>>
>>51482763
Whoever gets that duty probably gets left alone and is highly vulnerable to Tremere.
>>
>>51482763
>>51482783
Sleepwalkers and familiars exist for a reason. they're disposable
>>
File: 4563453434.jpg (9KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
4563453434.jpg
9KB, 260x194px
>>51482930

Classic hubris
>>
>>51482763
That's what Proximi are for.
Also Legacies like the Stone Scribes.
>>
>>51482763
My assumption is the majority of awakened society is made up of everything but Mages.

Sleep-walkers, proximi, ghosts/spirits/goetia, other oddities and even sleepers who serve in mystery cults with no knowledge of the schemes of the Mage behind the scenes.
>>
>>51483098
I imagine that's how Vampires and some Werewolf packs operate as well.
>>
File: whattt.png (2KB, 782x543px) Image search: [Google]
whattt.png
2KB, 782x543px
>>51480562
>Archmages can demolish entire galaxies

So then, how did Masquerade players come to the conclusion that Cain is somehow on the same level as that?
>>
>>51483230
By making up non-cannon Disciplines that don't fit the rules
>>
memeing all the memeing
>>
File: 1479992432812.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
1479992432812.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>51483239
>>51483230
>bringing this up again
>>
>>51483239
Best to ignore Samual Haight and the Aulaeum Discipline entirely. They go against the canon standing of the setting and shouldn't conceivably exist in any way, shape or form.

The character of Samuel Haight was actually an in-setting meta-joke according to Brucato and various other WW staff. He's not canon in the traditional sense, not by any means.
>>
The conclusion of the last thread heavily favored Mage over Vampire. Cain fucking lost. The Archmages triumphed. Has it ever been any different? No. No it has not.

Let's just move on to another topic. Preferably something relatable to CofD. Or just plain CofD. Please?
>>
>>51483383
Okay. What's the most enjoyable mundane thing a character of yours has done?

I see a lot of people talking about use of the Supernatural powers, but not really much of a discussion as to how that interacts with one's mundane life?

Do you try and keep your characters grounded?
Or do you wholeheartedly embrace their new nature?
>>
>>51483408
>enjoyable mundane thing a character of yours has done?
And I mean that in a manner that's enjoyable for the player.
Not a description of the time they did a shitload of cocaine then had an orgy with a half-dozen supermodels.
>>
>>51483320
>Best to ignore anything Brucato writes, says, or does
Good call.
>>
>>51483449
One of my characters once had to do coke he was trying to sell then expertly shot to death a man and his wife and child. I then burned his house down to get rid of the evidence. Very mundane. I was a Summer Court Beast Magpie thief Changeling.
>>
>>51483449
>Not LARPing super model orgies
You're missing out son.
>>
i want to create ventrue Trump as the prince in my vampire campaign
whats the best covenant for him?
>>
>>51483728
I always thought of Trump as a Seer.
>>
>>51480634
>Father's Thrusting Cock
the fuck?
>>
I really liked the tales of the dark mother bits in the beast book. I want more of that shit at some point. That family theme is comfy.
>>
File: fathers-thrusting-cock.png (2MB, 955x577px) Image search: [Google]
fathers-thrusting-cock.png
2MB, 955x577px
>>51483845
The m20 opening story.
>>
>>51483891
What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>51483909
A Phil Brucato original.
>>
>>51483921
I thought you fuckers were exaggerating about ascension side bars.
>>
>>51483909
>>51483921
>>51483936

I'm sorry you plebs can't get a work this deep. Maybe D&D and MCU films are more your speed?
>>
Why is owod so fucking edgy? Fuck.
>>
>>51482181
Spirit.
I believe that there is a legacy that allows mages to learn Spirit powers. If your strong enough just track down some powerful Spirit being tied to the concept of rejuvenation and get to work copying whatever you can.
Now you can still age/die, but you will eventually return.
>>
>>51483973
THE BOOK IS MISSING THE ENTIRE TECHNOLOGY AS MAGIC FOCUS SECTION, EVEN IF I HAVE THE ESOTERIC POWER TO RUN A GAME OUT OF BRUCATO TIER MECHANICS ITS MISSING THE WORD COUNT NEEDED TO EVEN ATTEMPT THE TRANSLATION
>I PAYED $375 DOLLARS FOR THIS BOOK
>>
>>51484013

I could almost hear the rage reading this
>>
>>51483728
The Lance
Liberal use of christian values, but has had like five wives and cheated on all of them
>>
>>51484001
Everything was in the 90's. The real question is why do some fuckers still believe it's quality story-telling.
>>
>>51484013

>backing Kickstarters

Anon.....
>>
File: M20 Food.gif (42KB, 403x509px) Image search: [Google]
M20 Food.gif
42KB, 403x509px
>>51484013

Stop complaining. Brucato was gracious enough to provide you with role-playing culinary advice. Are you suggesting you need more from a ttrpg book?
>>
>>51484058
THE LEATHER BOUND LENTICULAR CARD COVER IS FUCKING COOL AS SHIT EVEN IF THIS BOOK DOESN'T CONTAIN ENOUGH RULES TO RUN A GAME.
>BUT NOT $375 DOLLARS FOR AN UNPLAYABLE GAME COOL
>>
>>51484025
I mean if I paid 300+ bucks for a book and got "wouldn't you like to know" instead of rules or important mechanical sections truncated for 'epic role play fodder' I'd be a little put out too.

Then again it's Ascension so you poor bastards probably should of seen this coming.
>>
>>51484041

Older people who were teens/20-somethings that never grew out of the 90's. Younger generations like edgy stuff and its almost an appeal to authority. And in general the less educated tend to thing edgy = more realistic when the majority of them are probably sheltered (lower) middle class white kids from the suburbs or Yuros and Aussies who think they're hot shit because their ancestors totally raped some Muslims/Slavs/French/whatever during the Dung Wars of 1316 or whatever.
>>
>>51484093

People who go 'Game of Thrones is period accurate because people get raped, murdered and mutilated all the time' are the same group who eat this shit up too.

Admittedly the World of Darkness IS a darker, more cynical take on our world, but after a certain extent it becomes puerile unless its very self-aware and not being serious. See: Freak Legion.
>>
File: savage-genetalia-freak-legions.png (240KB, 461x595px) Image search: [Google]
savage-genetalia-freak-legions.png
240KB, 461x595px
>>51484108
It might be stupid and edgy but books like Freak Legion (also a Brucato text, featuring the classic "Savage Genetalia") are still fun ideas to play around with even if they are just Edgy Teen: The Edgening.
>>
>>51484093
Idk, perhaps I'm too young to 'get it' but by the time I got to my teenage years all the 'xtreme edge' shit was kind of embarrassing to even associate with.
>>
>>51484133

>Brucato is only 'good' when writing joke books
>>
>>51484013
Also

Why does the abilities section specially the alternative abilities so long but the merits/flaws so few? And by few I mean what? It's like 1 page for both of them

Though it gave me the Dark Triad, I love that merit/flaw
>>
>>51484326
What I really wanted was a cleaned up, indexed, compendium of Character options (spells, abilities, merits, flaws, magic items, paradigms) and story tell options ( characters, npcs, maybe a few cool mcguffin plot seeds) from the various versions of mage.

What I got is a mess that doesn't even cover the basics. q.q

Merits and flaws were the best parts of the old versions, they had so much flavor you could build an entire chronicle around one easily if a player had it. They were a gold mine, leaving only mostly trash options to no options was really disappointing
>WHY THE FUCK DID IT COST ME $375 FOR THIS MAN TO COPY AND PASTE CHARTS WITH NO RULES TEXT
>>
File: shirou you still don't get it.jpg (66KB, 392x395px) Image search: [Google]
shirou you still don't get it.jpg
66KB, 392x395px
>>51484388
I feel your pain, bruv

Actually I don't because I didn't give Brucato almost FOUR HUNDRED DOLARS for a book where he tells me to spend money on my farmer's market
>>
>>51484461
You don't need four hundred dollars to know that. Mine has some dude who sells the best honey ever and also the only place I know nearby to get decent goat meat.

Goat is fucking tits if you find a good way to cook it. I go full greek seasonings.
>>
>>51484482
It's kind of gamey when it get's old though. Also it's got this kind of funky aftertaste you kind of need to drown out with seasoning.
>>
>>51484512
I season it up with salt and seasonings and let it sit for a few hours in the fridge then grill it since I don't really have an open fire to roast it on and pretend I'm maing an offering to the gods.

I find it works out pretty well.
>>
Friendly reminder that oWoD and nWoD are not meant to be realistic.
>>
>>51484540
I like to marinade it with yogurt and Indian tandoor spice paste. It's nice grilled or baked.
>>
>>51484582
I demand my Savage Genitalia as realistic as possible.
>>
>>51484605
I do that with chicken kebabs. Which that actually reminds me, I haven't done meat on sticks since summer and grill at least once a week. I'm going to rectify the shit out of that tomorrow I think. Thanks anon!
>>
>>51484638
You're making me hope the m20 cookbook is at least salvageable out of this $375 DOLLAR FUCKING MESS I BOUGHT MYSELF INTO.
>>
>>51484649
Because...you too want meat on sticks?
>>
So the M20 line's getting a co-dev.
>>
>>51484671
A cookbook sounds like a great way to con players into making a bunch of food.
>Meat on sticks
I feel like I could consume an unlimited amount of meat on sticks. Or at least try to.
>>
>>51484649
It isn't :^D
>>
File: 1478966163842.png (48KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
1478966163842.png
48KB, 400x389px
>drinking someone's blood several times a month is horrifying and you should feel bad
>>
>>51484638
What are you going to do for sides? Rice is a classic or course but plain grilled meat can be a little dry.
>>
File: 1352958230911.png (6KB, 239x258px) Image search: [Google]
1352958230911.png
6KB, 239x258px
>>51484732
>Oversimplifying this much
>>
>>51484736
When I do kebabs I get pita bread to pile it on with some vegetable matter
>>
File: a cute cow in this trying time.jpg (57KB, 474x359px) Image search: [Google]
a cute cow in this trying time.jpg
57KB, 474x359px
If you could somehow revive one of the Fera, which would you choose?

I'd definitely want Apis.

>low rage
>just wants to find you the perfect person to settle down with and make the best babies
>could help bring back other failing breeds with their gifts
>accept you how you are and want to bring out your best traits
>would advise and help you from youth to death

Why pick any other breed?
>>
>>51484865
>Camazotz
>Cool Spy gifts
>Like Corax but don't run their mouth with their secrets
>Reproduce by ritual so easy to repopulate once you've figured it out and found the spirit.
They just seem like the easiest to revive given their totem is still around.
>>
>>51484887

The question wasn't about the Easiest, it was about whatever you like most.

If you want the most helpful though? Grondr. Period.

Get them churning out buttloads of werepigs and start buttfucking all that Wyrm taint.
>>
>>51484824
If you're going with a Mediterranean theme may I suggest kale and white bean ragu? It's great with bread, pasta, or even rice.
>>
File: Stun.The.Insect.full.456238.jpg (78KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Stun.The.Insect.full.456238.jpg
78KB, 800x800px
>>51484865

DEATH TO THE ANANASI!

THE TRUE CHILDREN OF THE WEAVER SHALL GUIDE THIS WORLD FORWARD!!
>>
>>51484922
Why did the Ananasi kill the other bugs anyway? Just rage-y reasons?
>>
>>51480562
>>51480592
>>51483230
>>51483383

>Cain
You're triggering me.
>>
>>51484911
I've always wondered but never got to play out if its more difficult to redeem a fallen fera or to rebirth a dead one with Spirit Science and Umbral quests.
>>
>>51484940
>You're triggering me.

Do you need your safe space?
>>
>>51484865
I kinda want an Apis gf too
>>
>>51484985
Yes, let us return to the deep umbra
>>
File: Safe Space.jpg (32KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Safe Space.jpg
32KB, 600x300px
>>51484998
>>51484985
>>
>>51484865
>>51484887
>>51484911
I've always wondered if anything was stopping a Gurahl from using Fighting the Death Bear to bring back a member of an extinct breed besides from the usual Fera bullshit and the difficulty of finding a body.
>>
>>51485006
Finding the body seems simple enough... Getting one of those fucking bears to bring something back to life on the hand will start another War of Tears.
>>
File: Homosexual the Masquerade.png (286KB, 533x461px) Image search: [Google]
Homosexual the Masquerade.png
286KB, 533x461px
>>51484732
>drinking someone's blood several times a month is horrifying
Spotted the high humanity pleb.

>>51484001
>Why the WORLD OF DAAAARKNESSSSS so fucking edgy?

>>51484093
Except I'm pretty sure the core WoD demographic was always some pretty left-leaning "fuck boomers, fuck republicans, fuck rednecks, fuck fascists" high school goth or college commie/anarchist, or at least written by people who shared those sensibilities.
And gays apparently.
>>
>>51484985
Yes, please point me somewhere where I will be surrounded by people who can at least spell the name of important setting characters properly.
>>
>>51484732
Where is this said? I've always gotten the impression that while WoD vamps have a raw deal in general, they get off pretty easy when it comes to feeding. Barring a few exceptions, it feels good for both parties, it doesn't have to kill, and it doesn't make new vampires. Done right it's totally harmless.
>>
>new Monday meeting notes
>signs of sorcery hasn't budged

Cmon dave, at least post a development blog about ochemata or something
>>
>>51485022
Idea for a game: Everybody plays as an extinct breed resurrected by a group of elder Gurahl and Mokole who are secretly working to undo Werewolves fucking everything up.
>>
>>51485056
Broken Diamond tells you all you need to know about Ochemata

>it's like a condom with which the Exarch penetrates the world
>>
>>51485077
The Ochemata of an ascended being is not equivalent to that of a 'mere' arch-mage.
>>
>>51485077
I was thinking more along the lines of a preview for the new rules
>>
Asking again, can content and spells from other Awakening sourcebooks released prior to 2e (Tome of the Mysteries, Order books, etc) still be used or is all of that considered "non-canon" now?
>>
>>51485072
That'd be pretty fun, but its a probably insurmountable task.
>>
>>51485094
I kinda wonder how powerful an ascended being is compared to an Archmage. Probably under permanent Transfiguration.
>>
>>51485110
The game might as well be called Werewolf: The Insurmountable Task with how things tend to work out.
>>
>>51485106
Not really.
>>
>>51484934
>>51484934
>>51484934

They are cunts. Werecunts if you prefer.

Imagine vampires with no vamp weaknesses and no Humanity or emotions to worry about. Just pure logical and murderous intent.
>>
>>51485135
Not really as in I can't really use it, or not really as in it's not really non-canon?
>>
>>51485118
Well the Exarchs are ascended beings and they outright rewrote the very structure of the universe and then branded themselves into it. So I'm guessing I'm guessing nigh-omnipotent.
>>
>>51485118
I mean an Ochemata of the General utterly curb-stomped a cabal of masters. So I'm going to guess really really far above.
>>
>>51485051
Where are the rules for how the Kiss works anyway? I gather what it's supposed to be like from the fluff, but I would like to see it written black on white that the victim enters a trancelike state for 2d10 turns and forgets everything that happened between the moment fangs sank into them and the time they woke up from their daze and other important considerations like that.
>>
I'm kind of curious about what an ochemata of The Gate would look like, or even more info on The Gate and it's followers in general.
>>
>>51485051
>cannibalism is not horrifying
are you one of those Donner apologist? or one of those blood letting fetishes?
>>
>>51485160
Astral realms, Intruders, Sanctum and Sigil, Tome of the watchtowers, and the order books with the exception of the free council can probably be used without issue.
>>
>>51485204
The old man who sits on the shore of the abyss in the astral maybe just that. The gate is bad news, in fact I believe the other exarchs fear him.
>>
>>51484013
have you written to White Wolf and complained? I have no right to as I never bought the damn thing, but you have my sympathies, as Brucatto has destroyed any chance of me EVER buying anything M20.
>>
>>51485242
Why can't Free Council be used?
>>
>>51484066
Reminder: He bitches about the word count preventing him from including Sorcerers and then has your pic related.
>>
>>51485072
A great idea I'd love to play someday.
>>
>>51485419
They had an entire faction about the Subtle/Vulgar divide.
Which is now non-canon.
>>
>>51485425
White Wolf desperately needs a decent editor.
>>
>>51485486
>White Wolf desperately needs a decent editor.
literally the most said sentence ever.
>>
>>51485474
Isn't the whole Subtle/Vulgar distinction a big point of contention for the GotV? What's their stance on it now? "Just don't do magic in front of Sleepers, mmkay?"?
>>
>>51485486
I said that a few months ago, and Aspel, of all people, piped up and said that the lead dev has that job.

So yeah, they put the fox in charge of the chicken coop and then wondered how the slaughter went down. Nice going Rich Thomas, if you took five minutes out from plowing Rose Bailey and snorting lines of coke off Lief Jones sketches maybe you'd be able to gauge the savage mood of the fanbase. But nooooooooo, can't have that, can't have nice things.
>>
>>51485529
Their new stance is "don't reach too far", "don't use Magic in front of Sleepers", and "if you Inure, you're a faggot".
>>
>>51485544
And sanctioned assassinations against their own god damn allies.
>>
>>51485559
If you've done enough to earn a fucking death mark from the Guardians, unless they're headed by the world biggest asshole of an Epopt, then you've probably earned it.
>>
>>51485544
I don't into Awakening, what is Inure?
>>
>>51485628
Or if you're just a decent bloke. One of the tenants of their little banisher cult masquerading as an order is 'all thrones are false' meaning everyone is hiding something so if a rising Mage looks too good to be true try and kill him if he survives the attempt he may be the real deal.

I understand all the orders are kind of nuts but the guardians are particularly crazy in my opinion.
>>
>>51485647
If your Story-tellar makes you roll wisdom on a spell for being an act of hubris you can inure yourself to that spell. It'll no longer count as an act of hubris but at the cost of a permanent +2 dice to the paradox pool anytime you use the spell.
>>
>>51485788
It's only actually accessible if your Wisdom drops from that Act of Hubris.
>>
>>51485733
Every single one of the orders is a mixed bag, if you ask me. Very realistic. While a Mystagogue might just be a nice scholar who wants to learn, he could just as easily be a dual-gendered Nazi. While a Libertine might just be a egalitarian who wants to help, he could also be a radical anarchist, and so forth.
>>
>>51485810
Yep forgot to write that bit.
>>
>>51485817
Arrow 4 lyfe

When do we get more 2e legacies? I'm tired of just the one.
>>
>>51485874
The arrow has committed every warcrime in the book and then some. They got a little better after ww2 but they're far from innocent.
>>
>>51485874
see
>>51485056
>>
>>51485954
Also there's only going to be like one, maybe two Legacies if we're lucky.
So far we only know the Forge Masters are getting a rewrite.
>>
>>51480562
>Archmages can demolish entire galaxies

Is this something they can actually accomplish?
>>
>>51486016
>This guy
Every thread I laugh a little reading this post.
>>
>>51486016
no.
>>
>>51486016
If you go by Masters of the Art.

But no ST is going to willingly do that.
>>
>>51486031

Who am I, exactly?
>>
>>51486370
The anon who asks this question every thread.
>>
>>51486370
>Can't say goodbye to yesterday starts playing
>>
>>51486016
If you can roll the requisite number of successes without botching, maybe.

Of course, your chances are about 1 in 500,000 so good luck on that. More likely you'll turn into a Paradox nuke and suck your entire Chantry into the Paradox Realm, then emerge six months later as an utterly insane Marauder.

Or just explode.
>>
>>51486392
>>51486400
Spotted the samefag
>>
>>51486370
>Who am I, exactly?
You're Big Boss, and so am I.
>>
File: 10045685.jpg (15KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
10045685.jpg
15KB, 100x100px
>>51486455
We are all Diamond Dogs today.
>>
File: 1461442712647.gif (676KB, 175x200px) Image search: [Google]
1461442712647.gif
676KB, 175x200px
>>51486370

AND I'M JAVERT
>>
File: not-today-anon.png (1MB, 579x752px) Image search: [Google]
not-today-anon.png
1MB, 579x752px
>>51486454
>>
>>51486481
Honestly I'm mostly ashamed I got the quote backwards now which I didn't notice till I hit post. I'm sorry guys, please don't sell me out to the Patriots.

I'm in Atlanta, the superlative owl is coming and I'll be killed if people think I'm a traitor
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>51486370
>>
>>51485118
Ascended beings are about as far from Archmages as Archmages are to sleepers.
>>
File: Thats a big NO.png (165KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Thats a big NO.png
165KB, 600x600px
>>51486408
>>
>Conquering Heros
I'm reading the Heros, and all I can think about is, 'These are the good guys right' besides the bomber most of them seem to be mostly on the level

Also why are all the competent young guys gay? The silversmith and the Brazilian bomber. did we fall into someone's fetish?
>>
>>51486408
Math checks out
>>
Care to share Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes?
>>
>>51486648
You have Conquering Heroes? You actually spent money on Beast?
>>
File: qt thyrsus.png (329KB, 680x660px) Image search: [Google]
qt thyrsus.png
329KB, 680x660px
Mages are supremely cute.
>>
File: let it go.jpg (64KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
let it go.jpg
64KB, 800x800px
>>51486370
A magefag that can't let go. We honestly don't give a rats ass in a hat that your greasy Archmages can 1v1 Cain without recourse. Just play the game.
>>
>>51486648
I'm interested in what you have to say, since all I ever hear about it is the Beast that sunk the Titanic and the guy with a bad case of the dick-eggs.
>>
File: let it go.gif (3MB, 367x153px) Image search: [Google]
let it go.gif
3MB, 367x153px
>>51486739
>>
Even when a magefag is spotted their bait is always taken. I wish you asinine idiots would fucking learn.
>>
>>51486713
How each Path can be a cutie.

Acanthus
Reverse your aging to look young

Mastigos
Make people see you as cute

Moros
Drain the youth of othets

Obrimos
Make beauty your truth

Thyrsus
Make yourself have the perfect form
>>
>>51486801
>Make people see you as cute
No anon, you make people see themselves as cute. Then their whole world becomes a cute as they externalize it!
>>
>>51486801
Each path can just use Life magic because it isn't an inferior Arcanum for any realm, although logically it should be Stygia's.
>>
>>51486748
well there is the comicbook superhero wannabe, who fights a queen bee beast. While going all buffy around the locals. Which kind of plays against type. The lesbian den mother is odd but ok.

It feels like they made the Heros gay in repsonce to the heavy criticism in the kickstarter days. It's not 'bad' persay, it just doesn't add anything. I haven't gotten to dck eggs or titianic so I'll hold judgement. It the goal was to make heros scary and worthy of scorn. It kind of does the oposite. I kind of feel for these characters. A lot of them are in awkward or bad situations. Except for the Bomber they're not 'bad' people. I'm still reading turns the corner
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 907x1300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 907x1300px
So, which Arcanum would l need to create a bunch of remote-controlled explosive puppets ? Matter and Space seems obvious but l'm not sure.
>>
File: aztek_1_gunmen_0.gif (1007KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
aztek_1_gunmen_0.gif
1007KB, 300x169px
In nWoD, what supernaturals could I plausibly kill by hitting them with a car?
>>
>>51487177

The God-Machine
>>
>>51487129
It's pretty much Matter and Space. There's a Matter spell for animating shit aside from the Golem spell that's supposed to work on pre-made shit like decorative suits of armor on stands and dolls and what have you. I forget what rank you have to be, but I know it's not a Master spell, although you would have to be a Master to operate it at range through sympathy, I think.
>>
>>51487177
Mages
>>
>>51487177
plenty you might have to hit them a few times thou
>>
>>51487222

Careful. I don't think we want another legion of magefags ruining more threads.
>>
>>51487177
Caine
>>
>>51487084
Heroes baffle me. On the one hand, they're described as being slaves to their natures, just like Beasts are, and we're told that they unequivocally believe that they're doing the right thing and that it isn't rare for a Beast to deserve to be killed, but on the other hand we're told that Heroes are also nothing but relentless murderers who care only for glory, and if they have to kill innocent Beasts to get it, oh well.

They don't even present it as "some Heroes are bad while others are good". They literally say that all Heroes who hunt Beasts have low Integrity and care for nothing but glory and that they should be feared and hated.

Well which one is it, you jackasses?
>>
>>51487290
>>51487084
what the hell even are beasts anyways?
>>
>>51487244
Not if a car is a cab and Caine is already driving it
>>
>>51487337
They are pointless
>>
File: Caine.png (445KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
Caine.png
445KB, 500x358px
>>51487348
Cain can't actually drive anything, Anon. For he is currently being sat on by an Archmage.
>>
>>51487337
The book has contradictory information for exactly how it comes about, but gist of it is that there's this place called the Primordial Dream, and that it's full of monsters and shit, but classic monsters, like giants and dragons and griffons and krakens and what have you, and some humans have a special connection to this place and eventually their soul gets eaten and replaced by a monster. They then get supernatural powers (that are totally invisible. like you would breathe invisible fire) and a lair in the Dream and a Hunger. The Hunger can be a certain type of emotion (usually negative) or an action, like stealing shit or faking your own death to someone trying to save you or catfishing men into trying to beat you up (and then beating them up).

If this sounds appealing to you on any level, know that it is only because I have simplified it immensely and left out most of the bullshit stupidity and contradictions.
>>
>>51487409
Sounds like it fills the same niche of Changeling
>>
>>51487409
thats the weird thing. in it's simplest pitch form it works. You're a new age fear incubus / succubus. Thats an ok concept to pitch
>>
>>51487409
That stuff about invisible powers is one of the things that are nail to the coffin for me.

Sure transforming into a monster would be silly but there is fun in that. You can than have Demon fighting a Dragon-beast in Tokyo. Instead you get a lot of "meh" or "ech" powers
>>
File: _gold.png (678KB, 500x494px) Image search: [Google]
_gold.png
678KB, 500x494px
>>51487409
Sounds like fun.

>>>/qst/1112841
>>
>>51487420
Old Changeling, but I've only ever heard good things about Lost.
>>
File: Maged.gif (175KB, 380x474px) Image search: [Google]
Maged.gif
175KB, 380x474px
>>51487401

Get Maged
>>
So is there any extended write up on a Gate and seers serving it anywhere in mage books? Only read what was written in Seers book thus far
>>
>>51487546
They're like Project Invictus of the Technarchy.
An A+ Grade honest to Exarchs super fucking military grade you-die-if-you-know secret.
If they're a secret to Seers, what's the likelihood of the Pentacle knowing about them?
Low. It's low. Very low.
>>
>>51486593
You still have to roll, buddy. I know you don't want to hear this, but relax - it's only a game after all.
>>
>>51487409
>If this sounds appealing to you on any level

Oh it doesn't. It really, really, doesn't.

I'm one of those old school fans who used to buy merch. I've handed literally hundreds of dollars to this company, and not even I can see any use for Beast. It's a waste of precious paper and printer's ink.
>>
>>51487409
Wait, all of their powers are invisible?

The main thing I disliked about Demon is how many of their powers just WORK and no one gets a chance to see it working, or react, before they end up dead or a thrall, or accidentally giving the Demon all of their life wealth.

But invisible powers just feels even worse.
>>
>>51487546
Haven't read the Seers book yet. What's a Gate? From the way you guys are talking it sounds like it might something like a way into the Supernal Realms, but you know what they say about "assume".
>>
>>51488012
Gate is the Exarch of the Abyss but I'm not sure about the rest
>>
>>51488010
>Wait, all of their powers are invisible?
Mostly, yes. I can't recall if the natural disaster powers are invisible or not. But regular shit like claws are totally invisible. Like a Beast would slash at the wall with their totally normal hand and leave behind claw marks. They fly with invisible wings. I can't recall if the ones that have giants for souls grow like Giganta or not but I'm assuming that they just get really strong, because I would have remembered something as awesome as Giganta powers. They also have other powers that do weird shit, like letting them turn into swarms and squeeze through cracks. I might be mis-remembering that though, because I'm crazy tired and I've repressed a lot of what I read.
>>
>>51488028
The Gate is the Exarch who bargained with the Abyss to bring Paradox into the world.
>>
>>51488010
gotta uphold that masquerade
>>
>>51488028
>Exarch of the Abyss
Well that's terrifying.
>>
>>51487409
The monsters the personification of humanity's fears.

>>51488010
Yeah, them usually being invisible sucks. If I remember right other supernaturals can see them and mortals can scene them a little if they spend Satiety. Entering your Lair brings everything out in the open though.
>>
>>51488049
Yeah except like a few other splats, they don't really have the masquerade do they? They have no real culture, because they have no real society. There aren't enough of them to.

Prometheans have a similar situation, where they don't have a real masquerade, they can go around telling everyone and their mom that they are super zombies. But they aren't allowed to have friends anyway, so it is just a matter of time before the human you tell decides to hate fuck you to death.
>>
>>51488108
They don't have a Masquerade, no, but they do have "You fucking idiot you were supposed to be subtle now we're all going to have Heroes up our fucking assholes".
>>
>>51486844
At least Spirit makes sense. Why is Forces inferior for Acanthus instead of Prime or Matter for Mastigos instead of Fate?

I understand there would be issues with 'meta-magic' but it's much less of an issue in 2e.
>>
>>51488130
Which isn't all that special, since other splats will just end up with hunters after them, even if they have no actual masquerade.
>>
>>51488053
He's like a super Exarch too. Dangerous enough that the ministries will stop backstabbing each other long enough to stop anyone crazy enough to reach out to him/her/it.
>>
>>51488142
Prime can't be inferior for any Path since it literally deals with raw magic. Forces makes the most sense because thematically the Acanthus path represents the kind of mages who deal with soft magic, like gypsies reading cards and such, and "Lightning strikes in Arcadia only when it is time for it to do so", or whatever the book says. I take that to mean that since Arcadia is a place where things are structured around Fate and Time, it's difficult for the realm to have a good grasp on the spontaneous, disruptive magic of the Aether.

As for Matter for Mastigos, think of their ruling Arcana. Space and Mind. Strong contenders for the most abstract Arcana, with Matter being literally nothing but concrete (including actual concrete). Since Pandemonium is made of Space and Mind, it can't get a good grasp on the solid magic of Stygia. Plus Fate wouldn't be a good fit for Mastigos. They're all about mastery of the self and it would be a real kick to be balls for them to not be able to learn the very real control that the Fate arcanum offers.
>>
>>51488256
Forces is inferior for Acanthus for the simple reason that lightning strikes only when it's appropriate and thematic, when the story says it does. It never does so because of underlying principles. Also, Acanthus need no help whatsoever being awesome.
>>
>>51488065
>The monsters the personification of humanity's fears.

A niche that is more than adequately covered by vampires, werewolves, mummies, ghosts, fae, demons and all the supplemental splats in between.

Beast is a solution looking for a problem. We never needed this fucking turkey. What we needed was M20 not being broken beyond repair. What we needed was Beckett's Jyhad Diary being released sometime before our sun goes red giant. What we needed was a company capable of putting out supplements for existing gamelines instead of diverting human resources to come up with dickeggs and reptile Titanic sinkers with character sheets that look like they were made by dropping pencils onto paper from a height of three metres.

OPP can get fucked. I'm thinking of writing them a sidebar on the topic, just as a special "fuck you".
>>
>>51483449
Let me tell you man
Requiem 2e, my Ventrue developed a thing for training dogs. Why? Well Ghouled dogs were a commodity in my city, and on my city you had to ask the Prince to keep a HUMAN Ghoul, but not dog Ghoul, sooooo just train some and sell them. He also did it so he could be with sweet doggos, and kept several around his little Haven as some kind of undead crazy dog person
>>
>>51488053
His servants are worse, they either banish abyssal entities that are threatening the world or they selectively summon them to fuck shit up. They start out doing both but they go crazy real fast and specialize in one or the other.
>>
>>51483239
Given that the final level of all the disciplines is "Whatever the fuck you want it to" it's not really that out of the way.

That being said, /tg/s interpretation of what a mage can do is so fucking out of whack it annoys the shit out of me.
>>
>>51487177
Almost all of them, depending. Even the splats with strong advantages will be mortally wounded if it's already in bad shape and has no friends/power juice/tools to fall back on. A werewolf has regen that it can give a boost to, but even that needs time to soak aggravated damage, and without essence or a means to save itself, a heavy collision would probably kill it.

The one exception even at it's weakest is probably mummies. You can smack the fucking thing 'til it's as dead as it was before, and it might stay that way for years, but it takes overwhelming force and flawless, calculating pursuit to destroy one permanently if you're not some life-consuming aborted undead.
>>
>>51488702
Also Sin-eaters.

Instead grandma dies of wounds as if she was hit by a car, and the Sin-eater pulls a Jesus.
>>
>>51485051
Actually in the fluff it discusses that it leaves behind a subtle taint in everyone The Kiss is inflicted on. The first Kiss isn't bad, the taint can be ignored, but it discusses that those in say, a Herd are sick in a way. Morbid, mopey, brooding, vaguely hostile, the taint suffuses their flesh over time and makes them even look a bit sickly over several years. And the taint never goes away, even in death, if a corpse with the taint comes into ANY contact with Kindred Vitae, they have a chance of coming back as a Revenant, and more taint means an easier time of that.

Everyone suffers in this ecosystem
>>
>>51488462

I'm still waiting on my Exalted 3E Kickstarter reward. Same with W20.

Beast and the dickish way they handled it in-universe and out (you're all MRAs if you disagree with me!) made me very reluctant te ever deal with OP again.

I'm hoping Scion will be good, but otherwise they killed most of my interest themselves.
>>
>>51485894
Such is life, anon. Gotta get shit done and people are probably gonna die, but shit has to get done. It absolutely cannot be any other way.
>>
>>51486499
How can you tell someone is samefagging?
>>
>>51486800

No need to complain. The magefags already own this section of /tg/. Ain`t no way around it.
>>
File: euphoric feeling.jpg (36KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
euphoric feeling.jpg
36KB, 400x300px
>>51488675
10 dot Spheres are more of a plot device than 10 dot Disciplines. The latter is defined and exemplified while the former is not.

>interpretation of what a mage can do is so fucking out of whack it annoys the shit out of me
Keep getting annoyed then. Their arguments were not invalidated regardless of what anyone believes. OWoD has plenty of canon material that will rustle your jimmies. Just stick to CofD instead, Anon.
>>
File: 2462435345345.jpg (14KB, 199x153px) Image search: [Google]
2462435345345.jpg
14KB, 199x153px
So when is Deviant planning on being released?
>>
>>51486684
Maybe they hunger for punishment.
>>
>>51488814
>Beast and the dickish way they handled it in-universe and out (you're all MRAs if you disagree with me!) made me very reluctant te ever deal with OP again.
To be fair, it was just Matt putting his foot in. The Kickstarter Beast copy gave the OP a lot of flak. Most writers managed to handle it one way or another. McFarland wrote an offhand post and made things worse.
>>
File: 951435544534.jpg (26KB, 600x417px) Image search: [Google]
951435544534.jpg
26KB, 600x417px
We could use a new thread
>>
>>51489469

That comment was before there was a Kickstarter document though.
>>
File: check em.jpg (12KB, 248x249px) Image search: [Google]
check em.jpg
12KB, 248x249px
>>51489388

>88
>>
>>51489506
Really? Maybe I'm thinking of something else... Link?
>>
>>51489469

I don't think anyone is actually very fond of Beast. I don't like the sleight of hand metaplot feel to it. It's like they suddenly disregarded the sandbox theme of Chronicles. But it's not TOO bad.
>>
>>51489469
I wish Beast had never been written, to be honest.
>>
>>51489540
>I don't like the sleight of hand metaplot feel to it.
What do you mean?
>>
>>51489563
Considering all the ugliness it resulted IRL, yeah. Still, we can't rewind time.
>>
>>51489570

The Dark Mother being the ancestor of all the relative gamelines. They wrote it in like it was fact in various areas. It irked me something fierce.
>>
>>51489603
I think it was the wrong thing to write, but for completely different reasons. The DM is an Astral reflection of the concept "monster" so all monsters are connected to her. Beasts who think she's a literal ancestor are full of it (which makes them smug and harder to like). All text that states that she is, is wrong (which is misleading for the reader). I don't agree that it's metaplot, but I see two problems in place of your one.
>>
>>51489532

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?751112-Beast-the-Primordial-teaser-thread&p=18869444#post18869444

This was the post, I think.
>>
>>51489603
Yeah that was bad, at least when mages are trying to map the other games' cosmology they don't outright call it lies and are mostly assumed to be wrong and inaccurate.
>>
>>51484066
someone has his priorities straight when it comes to word count
>>
>>51489646
Huh, I had the dates wrong. It also means Matt wasn't under pressure when he said that.
>>
>>51484133
>gun-wielding phalli
what the fuck?
>>
>>51484687
about time. Hopefully, he can alleviate some of the damage already done
>>
>>51484865
Insect Races. Fuck the Ananasi
>>
>>51484934
Because their fascist Queen demanded it (so they say). Likely because they did not want competition
>>
>>51487084
When your protagonist is a walking personification of abuse, terror and gaslighting, of course its anatgonists look a lot nicer
>>
New thread >>51488411
>>51488411
>>51488411
>>51488411
>>
>>51489603
>Other Beasts note that while this explanation does have the advantage of granting the Begotten a kind of “elder sibling”
status, it doesn’t have a shred of real evidence beyond “some supernatural creatures map, in a sideways manner, to the fears
of humanity.” The Children that spend a great deal of time with other beings are generally more inclined to believe that
their professed mystical origins — whatever they might be — are probably the correct one. After all, a Beast wouldn’t accept a werewolf’s explanation of the mind of the Dark Mother, so why should the Beast expect that the werewolf would accept his ruminations on Father Wolf as true?

>The truth of the matter is that Beasts seem to have an intrinsic connection to the supernatural in general, but that doesn’t indicate a common origin with other supernatural beings. The Primordial Dream responds to all sorts of mystical phenomena, and the Begotten are inextricably part of the Primordial Dream. This, in all likelihood, is the source of their connection with other beings, the kinship that they feel, and the reason that they can use their powers to amplify and mimic the ability of other creatures. Of course, this doesn’t stop Beasts from trying to find deeper answers.
>>
>>51480538
>What is the best opening fiction piece?
Intruders: Encounters with the Abyss. Easily.
>>
>>51485110
>That'd be pretty fun, but its a probably insurmountable task.

Welcome to Werewolf: The Apocalypse.

No, but seriously, the entire idea behind WtA is that they're fighting a war, a war that it only seems they're losing in the long run. The only thing that even keeps them going is hope, and the idea that there's a tiny, slim, SLIIIIIIIIIM chance that they might actually manage to do some good before the Wyrm takes them.

So yeah, bring on the "It's probably a waste of effort, and it's got nearly 0% chance of working, but let's try it anyway" plotlines, because those are pretty much what WtA is all about.

>>51484865
>If you could somehow revive one of the Fera, which would you choose?

Probably the Grondr, since they stand the best chance of returning as a Breed (as detailed in W20). They're the perfect warriors to take on the Wyrm in the modern age since they're resistant to corruption, can remove Wyrm-taint 24/7 and can bash with the best of 'em, plus they're one of the few breeds that the Wyrm-tainted actually *fear*.

Plus, their animal kinfolk and human kinfolk stand the best chance of being re-introduced/re-discovered.
>>
anyone feel like dming a game

i got a malkavian i wanna try using

he watches a lot of star trek and believes he is lieutenant worf and dresses the part, with replica bat'leth
>>
>>51489822

Pretty funny trick, Anon.
>>
What is the difference, if any, emotionally/psychologically between a vampire from oWod, nWod/1e and Chronicles/2e?
>>
>>51490641

>WoD

More or less people, besides the wrestling with Humanity/Path aspect. Vampire here is more of a straight up morality play.

>CofD 1e

Cannot feel normal human emotion, it's all deadened by the need for blood and the joy of drinking it, which is the only thing they really feel in any real way. Like a lot of 1e's specific Vampiric condition ideas, it didn't really take.

>CofD 2e

Back to WoD's take, more or less. They don't cry blood this time, as far as I know. Considerably less of a morality play in this one.
>>
>>51490641
>>51490758
Requiem 2e vampires also get obsessed over people, a la Dracula.
>>
>>51490807

Ah that's right, thank you! Forgot that one.
>>
>>51490758

Could you elaborate on 'morality play'?
>>
>>51490807
Like romantically or possessively or curiously or what?
>>
>>51490999

Masquerade, despite its latter-day reputation, was heavier on the morality play aspects than its future descendants. It made a lot of emphasis on wrestling with your alien hunger, incompatible with a human's morality, with the very early idea that if you held on to your humanity enough, you just might become a human again. And you could only do that by learning how to be a moral person, and it would be expected that a major moral flaw could lead to a Vampire's undoing and loss into Wassail. Hence the Humanity system.

In contrast, Requiem steps back on this a bit, instead choosing to focus on how being a Vampire really does mean living essentially forever and as a predator of people, and how this can affect the psyche. Being moral is still important to survival and to keep you from falling into Wassail, but Humanity loss here is a natural consequence as much as it is the wages of sin.
>>
>>51491091

All of them are possible, depending on the character. Requiem 2e Kindred have Touchstones that are people, places, or things that remind them of their humanity, for better or worse. They cling to these with great fervor.

There's also the Daeva curse where they get more obsessed with someone (usually in a "romantic" way) the more they drink from them.
>>
>>51491125
Does the Daeva curse still culminate in them killing the object of their obsession?
>>
>>51491134

I actually don't know, it's been a while since I read the 2e book.
>>
>>51488814
You'll probably get some sidebars in Scion that'll make people rage in here but from what we've seen of the fluff previews it looks like they're doing cool shit with the divine in universe at least.

Huitzilopochti stronk
>>
New thread >>51491394
Thread posts: 336
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.