[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kingdom Death Monster General /kdmg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 350
Thread images: 69

File: golden cute.jpg (212KB, 635x951px) Image search: [Google]
golden cute.jpg
212KB, 635x951px
KINGDOM DEATH GENERAL
FAST THREAD EDITION

>Old thread;
>>51373318

>Topics of Discussion
Why are all the monster so happy?
In particular DK, Mountain Meme, and Pariah seem to be in on a particular joke.
What could it be?

Extra Phoenix Droppings;
>Kickstarter 1.5 Page:
https://www.kickstarter.comprojects/poots/kingdom-death-monster-15/description
>Adams comments:
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/poots/comments
>Pledge and addon overview:
http://vibrantlantern.com/KDM15/#pledgelevels
>>
Anyone else play a little fast and loose with the timing for using survival actions?

Secondly, its one use for each survival action per set of turns, resetting on the monster turn, or per turn (allowing you to surge on the monster turn and once on the survivors turn)?
>>
>>51421471
In what way? I've found being able to move between flows is sufficient to let me do most of what I want in the game. My biggest problem is running out of survival more than anything else.

First one. You get your surge back at the beginning of the monster turn. You don't get a second one on the survivor turn.
>>
>>51421507
Consider the Rawhide armor set. That thing often sees use through LY25 for good reason.
>>
>>51421273

Monsters are all happy because they know that humanity is finite, while they however just get to keep coming back when killed.
>>
File: Agamo1.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Agamo1.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
So me and my friends have played through a couple campaigns, had tons of fun, and we still love it. We started to experiment with adding our cards/rules and such, and had some fun/weird experiences. So with that under our belt, we are working on our first monster. Here is our first concept: The Ash Totem ( Name will most likely change if we think of something cooler))

The Totem is a large, bipedal golem, made of rune-carved stone, with a lanter oven built in its belly. It can be either a normal quarry, or you can run a People of the Totem campaign.

The Totem's gimmick, is that it uses AI cards from all the other monsters. In the monsters showdown phase, it gives you a list of AI cards that should be taken from other decks, and then shuffled and used like normal ( We are in the process of making a spread sheet of cards we think will work, and cards that will be too weird. ) This is in addition to the Totem's own AI cards, which usually involved influencing it's AI deck. For example:

Spirit Possession: Status Card
" Based on the current card on top of the Totem's AI Deck, gain the following stats
White Lion: +1 Speed
Antelope: +1 Movement
Phoenix : Materialize at end of turn"

In the People of the Totem campaign, survivors build their settlement around a large, friendly Totem. By feeding resources into the furnace on it's belly, it can provide boons, items, and abilities. However, the spirits of the slain monster will eventually possess him, and he will attempt to destroy the settlement. His AI deck will be based on what monster resources you have fed him during your settlement phases. This will be your major Nemesis encounters, ending with a suped up version, as the final boss.

Is this interesting enough for people to want me to post progress as we work on it?
>>
>>51423010
Cool. Campaign sounds like KD's version of Old Yeller. What kind of design elements are gonna define the campaign's progression?

For instance, People of the Sun forces an aggression heavy settlement that has to build up a means of surviving a punishing boss rush. People of the Stars is defined by the need to create and protect super survivors and is really oriented around developing survivors over the settlement. People of the Lantern is all about surviving a steady stream of punishing events and never getting attached to a single survivor. What unique play styles is your proposed campaign bringing to the campaign?
>>
>>51423010
>His AI deck will be based on what monster resources you have fed him during your settlement phases. This will be your major Nemesis encounters, ending with a suped up version, as the final boss.
This sounds kinda neat. Everything else sounds a bit meh.
>>
File: handy.jpg (201KB, 639x996px) Image search: [Google]
handy.jpg
201KB, 639x996px
>>
Tested my Riddle Gheist Hand/Watcher miniboss in my People of the Hive campaign tonight. I changed its toughness to equal the current lantern year and its health to equal the current lantern year -5 (was LY-5 and LY-10 before) as I realized, given you're liable to fight it in the mid/late campaign, it ends up being a bit easy to kill (especially with easy access to devastating 1). Fight was fun and felt like it was the right level of challenge. I managed to blitz it down to around 3 life left while keeping all my survivors alive. Then the monster drew Inhale and I ran out of survival.
>>
>>51425439
(continued): I had brought my two best Honeypots and two newbie male survivors along on the fight. The male survivors were the only ones that could get even vaguely close to the monster, since the Honeypots were stuck with 1 move and all of the Gheist's actual attacks target areas instead of specific survivors. It murdered both of them with collision head damage + Ghost Step/inhale shenanigans. Then one of its Hit Locations struck the Honeypot with any actual chance of wounding it with permanent knockdown. Then it drew inhale into a Hand targeting card.

It knocks back my only remaining viable survivor. She was adjacent to it at the start, and is equipped with a bow, so she's exactly enough spaces away to kill it. If she doesn't attack THAT turn, the Gheist will Penalty both her and my other remaining survivor to death. I've got two choices: try to deal the two remaining wounds on the Gheist with a Cat Gut Bow (two shots with ~50% chance to wound if they both hit) or use the Slender Arrows on it. Problem with that is she has Legendary Lungs and the monster has two separate traps in its hit location deck and only about half of the deck left for them to be lurking in.

I decide that risking the trap means risking getting my character killed, but she's dead anyway, and two low chance wounds was an almost definite TPK, so I go for the slender arrows. Get six hits. Draw what feels like half the hit location deck--no traps!

But there are two first strike locations, and one of them will have the beast move out of range and then cancel all attacks out of range. I've got to get both wounds to kill it.

I roll both wounds and the beast goes down. Epic ending.
>>
>>51425445
Meant it drew exhale into a Hand targeting card. Derp.
>>
File: 7249280642d4756e940c1d8c296f2563.png (368KB, 1024x617px) Image search: [Google]
7249280642d4756e940c1d8c296f2563.png
368KB, 1024x617px
Last thread the topic of inserting The Beast into Kingdom Death was brought up. I decided to try my hand at it. What do you all think?

1/2

>Marked by the Beast

Returning survivors pass through an eerie forest. The gnarled and bent trees seem to grasp at them, while what seem to be hollow faces stare out sightlessly from the bark of the trees. As the survivors make their way through the woods, they feel as if they are being watched. Each survivor must roll 1d10; the survivor with the lowest roll (or survivors in the case of a tie) become Stragglers and must roll on the table.

1-5 : One moment, the survivor is in the midst of the group; the other, he seems to vanish. A lingering baritone voice can be heard singing and steadily growing fainter, as if it was moving away from the group. The survivor is dead; archive all gear they carried.
6-9 : The survivor is Marked by the Beast. Throughout the hunt, they feel as if they are being watched; the survivor begins the Showdown phase with the Doomed effect and may not spend survival until they are struck by the Quarry.
10+ : The survivor finds a strange lantern. Gain the Lantern of Souls gear.
>>
>>51426051
2/2
>Lantern of Souls: Item, Lantern, Other, Cursed.

If another Survivor dies during the Showdown phase, gain 1 Survival and roll 1d10.

1-6 : The lantern is sated. Gain +1 Insanity and a random disorder.
7-9 : The lantern is sated. Gain +2 Insanity.
10+ : The lantern is sated, preserving the memory of the fallen survivor. Gain +3 Insanity and one Fighting Art or Mastery the fallen survivor knew.

If a survivor dies with the Lantern of Souls in their Gear Grid, archive all their gear.

If another survivor does not die during the Showdown phase, immediately resolve the Murder event during the next Settlement phase; the survivor with the Lantern of Souls in their gear grid is automatically chosen as the Murderer. If the survivor would not be killed while resolving the Murder settlement event, roll on the Lantern of Souls table as normal. If the survivor would be killed, they vanish without a trace, the only clue to their disappearance a jolly-sounding baritone voice singing in the darkness and growing fainter as it moves away from the settlement. Gain no resources (if you would have gained resources from the body) and archive all gear in the survivor's gear grid.
>>
ded game
>>
>>51427095
Nah, just ded thred
>>
>>51426056
Like the concept, but that last bit inserting murder would be a shit ton of text to throw on a single gear card. Also seem's pretty punishing. Think you'd have to set it up to pair with something that guarantees deaths to make it worth it, and there's not much in the game right now that does that.

The event seems fine, though.
>>
File: tmp_6610-1484423873465377823916.jpg (456KB, 639x2522px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_6610-1484423873465377823916.jpg
456KB, 639x2522px
Best pin up coming through. Stand at attention
>>
File: kingdom-death-pinups.jpg (290KB, 834x991px) Image search: [Google]
kingdom-death-pinups.jpg
290KB, 834x991px
>>51427955
You forgot to post the actual best pinups, anon

I gotchu, fampire
>>
Poots abandoned us.

There is no hope.

Everyone go home.
>>
>>51429279
+1 understanding.

Gained random Disorder.
>>
>>51429436
[Spoiler] Apathetic [/spoiler]
>>
>>51429279
Jesus, you are super fucked. We won't get Abyssal Woods till 2022 at the earliest....

Fucking twinplebs.
>>
>>51429279
We must prevail, hope still shines bright like the finest lantern! Day of our reward is nigh!
>>
how old were you when you realized poots took all of our money and ran
>>
>>51429279
I take it you weren't part of the first Kickstarter?
>>
File: please respond.jpg (346KB, 1000x1162px) Image search: [Google]
please respond.jpg
346KB, 1000x1162px
>>51430723
You feel special or something? Want a pin?
>>
>>51431142
Nah I already have the game and all the old expansions.
>>
>>51431142
I hope in 2086 when KS 3 finally ships someone says this to you.
>>
so what sleeves are you guys using for this game?
inb4 mage/meme sleeves
>>
>>51432161
KMC Hyper Mat Minis
>>
>>51432161
penny M:tG sleeves cut to size
>>
>>51432266
not a bad idea if you can do it consistently. my worry would be after a while you could tell some of the cards apart
>>
>>51432161
For the most part, Swan Sleeves, with Mage Sleeves for the Settlement Events and Locations.
>>
G-guys... Lion God....

Smashed me. S-smashed me flat....

We got pulped in literally no time. We tried to hide behind chunks of menhir, but he just grabbed whatever was in his way and either clobbered the goddamn survivors so hard that he knocked an ancestors tooth loose or he chucked it up into the sky and we got to play catch with the multi-ton debris.

Thinking about Grand weapons next time...

Anybody else have this experience? Is there anything in the game that wrecks face harder? I'm not even mad, just kind of impressed.
>>
>>51433210
Not sure, I think Lion God is the hardest fight atm.
>>
>>51433232
I'm glad it wasn't just me. It was really demoralizing, the effortlessness with which he pasted our balls.
>>
>>51433324
It's honestly amazing, while you can take on the other monsters with certain skills and such Lion God is the only one who strikes true fear into our campaign.
>>
>>51433324
Never seen his stats or AI cards, what are some of the nasty moves he pulls? Does he use his dick tentacle face?
>>
What expansion is the Berserker fighting art from?

Can't seem to find it on TTS.
>>
File: Berserker.png (742KB, 639x1003px) Image search: [Google]
Berserker.png
742KB, 639x1003px
>>51433585
The base game?
>>
>>51427955

She was a joy to paint I must say.
>>
>>51433607
Might be missing from the base game in my save, I'll have to check.
>>
>>51433541

He destroys terrain as weapons and utterly destroys you, and while one of his attacks is merely brutal a lot of his cards have 'then draw one more AI'. So lots of combo chains.

Its like fighting the Undertaker

> Those poor survivors. He got them both with a chokeslam, one ON THE OTHER
> I see that survivor getting up, but there is no mercy in the Lion God's eyes tonight. That Survivor is going to have to-
> Whats this? The Lion God isn't done with him just yet!
> BAW GOD, ITS THE TOMBSTONE
> HE JUST BROKE THAT SURVIVOR IN HALF
>>
>>51433210
Had the experience, we went in after two of our aces got frenzied, which was absolutely crippling in that fight.

I recommend ranged weapons, personally
>>
>>51433541
Iirc, he has a red tag on most cards called relentless and a trait that says if you draw a card with relentless draw again.

It has been a while but I think it's something like that, also iirc, he hits like a level 3 on level 1.
>>
>>51433585
Berserker is base game, not expac.
>>
>>51433914
One of his more fun cards is where he picks up a piece of terrain and uses it to smash survivors. We represented it by tucking the stone column into the model and it was pretty brutal.

Also, when he throws terrain it gets real, real quick.

No matter what, make sure you spelunking asap, that's where his real rewards are.
>>
>>51427955
Thats a funny way of saying Honeycomb weaver pinup
>>
>>51433914

You gave me a flashback.
>>
File: Wiki-background.jpg (62KB, 1264x688px) Image search: [Google]
Wiki-background.jpg
62KB, 1264x688px
>>51423207

So far, we have a couple of ideas about different mechanics we want to include, mainly working on tying them all together into a theme. Here are some of the ones we like

Shamans: When the survivors return from the first hunt, one of them will dedicate themselves to the Totem, and become it's shaman. He will Feed the Flame, an event which has him pushing some part of himself into the furnace of the Totem. He rolls on a chart, which usually has him facing a grievous injury/debuff, but will provide a minor bonus to his fellow survivors. The Shaman must always depart, getting more and more wounded each time. After a certain number ( We are thinking like 4 or 5) He will throw himself completely into the flame, and be killed. This causes two things.

His spirit will help purify the Totem, weakening the monsters attempting to control it. In game, this will weaken the Totem when he eventually turns on the settlement.

And the settlement will receive a large boon, in the shape of a unique innovation, a smattering of resources, or buffs for some of the survivors.

So part of the game is going to be carrying a survivor, that gets worse and worse with each hunt, until he can be sacrificed. If you let your shamans die too often, the Totem will have a massive AI deck at the end.

We are also toying around with the idea of Rune-Carving, an attempt to replicate the runes that are etched into the Totem, on their weapons. This will be a sort of artifact system, where you can " Level up" a weapon by sacrificing resources to it from a certain monster. One rune might require 5 lion resources, and now it will grant the pounce ability, etc etc. It's something we are still toying around with, but one guy made a pretty neat weapon character sheet.

Cont.
>>
>>51434684

For making the campaign more difficult, we are looking at some triggers that would make hunting low level monsters impossible. Either at a certain lantern year, or after a certain number of resources have been sacrificed to the Totem, you will only be able to hunt level 2, then later, only level three. The final two hunts before the final totem battle, will have to be legendary monsters.

We just started working on this last night, so this will probably all completely change, but if you guys have any ideas, that would be sweet, we are meeting up again Sunday night to work on it.
>>
Jeeeeesus fuck I never realized how big that fucker is. Daaaaaamn. I knew he was big, but damn.
>>
how would you build the most accurate Guts character?
Messenger of Humanity is a given, but what fighting arts would be top priority?
>>
>>51427546
I made it so wordy because I wasn't sure how to cut down the description while specifying that if you die you'll lose everything they owned.

I could change it to "if nobody dies during the showdown, the survivor with LoS in their gear grid automatically dies, archive their gear and collect no resources from them", but that seems a bit much even for a cursed item.
>>
File: tDdAk.jpg (223KB, 715x692px) Image search: [Google]
tDdAk.jpg
223KB, 715x692px
>>51434749

As much of the primary stats as you can get via whatever means.

Great Weapon mastery.
Max Courage with Bitter Frenzy.
Max Understanding with Ageless (I guess) or the middle result.
Last Man Standing, Berserker, Abyssal Sadist

Equipment is as follows. I chose the sleeping virus flower because >brand
>>
>>51435101
is perfect slayer in the base game?
>>
>>51434724
>135mm base
>this thing is HUGE
has been a thing ever since the first KS
>>
>>51435101
Overall I think you nailed it. Nice touch with the sleeping virus as the brand.

>>51435176
You bet it is.
>>
>>51435234
Thanks! I needed something to fill in all the blue slots on the right hand side... and literally the only thing in the entire game that wasn't an armor piece or a weapon that filled the bill was the flower.

Really just a left-and-up-facing blue card would've been enough but I had a hard time finding even that.
>>
>>51435101
Is there anything that could proxy for the hand cannon?
>>
>>51435512
No idea. Replace the harness or darts with something suitable? And with affinities if at all possible.
>>
>>51435512
>>51435559
Deathpact.

The gun from Manhunter.
>>
>>51435559
Manhunter' pistol, but once a fight, not lifetime. User gets arm dismembered
>>
>>51435512
>>51435611
>>51435625
>>51435559
One founding stone every showdown but arm dismembered would be perfect for the canon blast
>>
>>51435651
Good, but wouldn't fit the grid. Maybe those rules but as a secret fighting art
>>
>>51435673
Surge during a monster attack and activating this would be pretty perfect
>>
>>51421273
>play first time
>party wiped by butcher

:(
>>
>>51436467
Party doesn't matter, only settlement does.
>>
how much was the black friday sale on KD's site for the expansions?
>>
>>51436505
less than usual
>>
>>51436505
Half off, pretty good
>>
>>51435673
Good idea for promo gear, or rules for the messenger. Poots include please
>>
>>51436895
oh that reminds me, how do you guys think Poots will release the Messenger rules? I'm in the process of buying the Guts mini off somebody right now. how will the rules be distributed? sounded like they'd come separate from the models
>>
>>51436492
>hunt the Antelope next
>Lion kills it first
>party wiped by Level 2 Lion
:((((
>>
>>51436505
Pretty good i got lonely tree and lion god for about 15 each.
>>
File: 1484343110935.jpg (920KB, 2204x1469px) Image search: [Google]
1484343110935.jpg
920KB, 2204x1469px
>>51421273

anybody got a quick breakdown of which expansions are best to mix in for campaigns?

another thing, I've got a pretty good handle on the rules and have played solo up to LY6. Have friends coming over but not sure if they'd like it.

Would it be good to have them just jump into my year or would it be better to start a new campaign with them? Not sure if it would be a regular weekly board game night thing so would it even be worth it or would we be better off playing a on-off game session of zombicide black plague?

Is the game better to play solo or with a dedicated group?

Also any such groups in the GTA around the Toronto area?
>>
>>51437701
Gameplay is better with a group, but you need a regular 3-4 people.

If your group isn't really up for that kind of commitment then it won't work, but I haven't ever had much trouble recruiting based on word of mouth and general descriptions.

As for first times? Base plus manhunter, lion knight, and lonely tree for a first time will work if you have them, and then swap out other bits piecemeal.

Some expansions work better with base monsters, like Lion God and Lion Knight, so be cognizant of that.
>>
>>51437701
Start a new campaign and do the tutorial lion with them, it is the best intro to the game. Personally I include Manhunter, DBK, and sometimes Gorm/Fk. Lonely tree isnt worth it imo.

The game is more fun with people imo, the stories and characters that arise through the narrative is great.
>>
File: CUTE!.png (781KB, 637x680px) Image search: [Google]
CUTE!.png
781KB, 637x680px
>>
>>51438146
Lonely Tree is baller for an Acanthus Doctor, turn all those +Str tokens into Luck tokens
>>
>>51439804
I thought acanthus doc was in flower knight
>>
>>51439308
Thanks to this picture I realized how much I like redheads.
>>
>>51440826
Yeah, they can be fun, but then again I also have a thing for crazy chicks.
>>
>>51422875
Nah they're all laughing at the pathetic humans spending so much money on a board game
>>
File: BESTBUTTS.jpg (33KB, 375x353px) Image search: [Google]
BESTBUTTS.jpg
33KB, 375x353px
>>51440826
>>
>>51441162
Fat butt. And I don't mean THICC fat, I mean cellulite fat. 2/10 would not Intimacy Event with.
>>
File: STAHP.png (806KB, 639x664px) Image search: [Google]
STAHP.png
806KB, 639x664px
>>51441187
>>
>>51441162
Also reinforced my love for butts.

>>51441187
ur a faget
>>
File: Forsaker-scheme_900.jpg (181KB, 900x979px) Image search: [Google]
Forsaker-scheme_900.jpg
181KB, 900x979px
>>51441252
>>51441236
I prefer my women to be more toned.
>>
>>51439308
Girl Guts is best girl
>>
Anyone know if it'll be possible to buy the new Messenger rules without buying the models again?
>>
>>51443053
Like is this what this means? I'm in the process of buying the MoH and I'm hoping I won't have to buy him again to get the rules. But I feel like it'd be weird for Poots to just throw a few fighting arts on the retail store
>>
>>51443100
The messengers rules will probably be released as PDF, but we don't know for sure. No one knows for sure.
>>
>>51443112
Yeah that kinda sucks. I hate proxies. I hope they're included in the base game or something. Would make sense if they'll be free anyway
>>
>>51443100
Guts, Kamina, Ayla, AAAANNND........?
>>
File: IMG_0542.jpg (599KB, 639x2573px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0542.jpg
599KB, 639x2573px
>>51443033
Again that's a really funny spelling of the honeycomb weaver
>>
>>51443292
Linkle or a femme link from legend of zelda obviously.
>>
>>51443292
Who the fuck is Ayla anyway? Only one I didn't recognize.
>>
>>51443356
Chrono Trigger character.

On the subject of the messengers, what do people think about them having their name changed to the "False Messengers"? I think Poots liked the world building he gave them in the challenge scenarios and decided to make them canon versions of them.

Perceval is clearly the "True" Messanger of Humanity, given her similarities to Guts.
>>
>>51441187
No Irish Need Apply
>>
File: 1484023730237.jpg (154KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1484023730237.jpg
154KB, 612x612px
>>51434724
But who would win though?

My money is on nuclear jizzum shutting that faggot marine mech down on the first volley

then again I don't play shittyK
>>
>>51443723
a single space marine could probably solo most if not all of KD:M
i don't play 40k either though, only painted some of the models
>>
>>51443826
Imperial propaganda. When swarmed with enough insects even the strongest may fall.

Also I would compare kingdom death's realm more to a Deamon infested planet, and marines even while being GW's posterchildren have succumb to demons and Dangerous flora and fauna before.
>>
>>51443942
what in KD:M could break a space marine's armour? what in KD:M would survive a power sword? i just don't see a space marine going down, given the right loadout... maybe poisons or something
but i don't want to derail the thread so we'll just agree to disagree i guess
>>
>>51443826
>>51443942
KDM would totally be a daemon world owned by Slaanesh. The kingsmen all have the same power as Lucius the Eternal, and the Hand wouldn't have any trouble if he decided to use his sword.

But let's not get this bogged down into 40cancer. What's the best dream any of your players have told a story about for that settlement event?
>>
File: 87397.jpg (250KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
87397.jpg
250KB, 600x438px
>>51444053
>mfw I realize why Slaanesh has been phased out
>because it's being expanded into it's own setting/game
>>
File: deepest lore.png (261KB, 700x704px) Image search: [Google]
deepest lore.png
261KB, 700x704px
>>51444109
>>
so how will you guys be destroying your anonymous survivor when it arrives?
>>
>>51444395
I'm gonna actually paint it as close to the art as possible, but may opt for bits of purple for the hair instead of the whole thing.
>>
File: cuteclops.jpg (62KB, 638x633px) Image search: [Google]
cuteclops.jpg
62KB, 638x633px
>>
File: 1484101290463.jpg (273KB, 1333x1344px) Image search: [Google]
1484101290463.jpg
273KB, 1333x1344px
>>51444044
>maybe poisons or something

I think I saw somewhere that they metabolize poison and store it so they can spit it at enemies. 40k is great when you realize it's one big joke.
>>
>>51444109
Love that facial expression.

"Oh"
>>
>>51445381
And the joke is on those who waste money on it.
>>
I never thought I'd come to KDM and find them talking trash about people who pay too much for minis games.
>>
File: cock queen.png (364KB, 639x695px) Image search: [Google]
cock queen.png
364KB, 639x695px
>>51446128
KD is cheap though
>>
>>51448867
>$25 for a 32mm man-sized plastic model
No it's not.
>>
>>51443100
They were originally released as a pdf, challenge scenarios iirc. You could probably still find them.
>>
File: THICCEST.png (2MB, 639x1913px) Image search: [Google]
THICCEST.png
2MB, 639x1913px
>>51449153
First off, meme arrows are for quotation ONLY

Two, resin =/= plastic

And finally, the core game and expansions are all cheap considering the quality and amount of content. The entire dragon expansion costs $10 more than a Knight Errant
>>
File: genius wat 2.png (204KB, 509x380px) Image search: [Google]
genius wat 2.png
204KB, 509x380px
>>51450116
First off, don't be an insufferable faggot.

Two, literally every single miniature in stock RIGHT NOW at the KD store is plastic and costs $25. So does every other similar KD model ever.

And finally, you just compared two similarly sized expensive kits, the only difference is one comes with a bunch of cards, hence the extra $10.
>>
>>51435101
I'd say drop Last Man Standing for Black Guard Style.

Surge to defend against an attack using the Perfect Slayer, followed by a 6 speed, 4+ Accuracy, 17 strength attack from it if frenzied. Perfect match for Guts fighting style.

Last Mans Standing is more for super saiyan builds, where you get absurdly strong if you lose the people close to you in battle, but Guts doesn't get STRONGER when that happens, because he is always fighting well beyond his limit.

Other than that, pretty solid choices. Might put in regeneration suit instead of the sunspot dart to represent the Berserk Armor though.
>>
Updoot when
>>
>>51450788
If we're lucky, by valentines.
>>
>>51449153
Its cheaper than Warhammer which is real ironic because its a better product.
>>
File: k_valentine.jpg (532KB, 1200x746px) Image search: [Google]
k_valentine.jpg
532KB, 1200x746px
>>51450870
That would be perfect timing
>>
>>51450893
And you say that because?

You can't really compare them, they are totally different things. And even then the prices model per model are not so different.
>>
File: the only difference.jpg (60KB, 599x409px) Image search: [Google]
the only difference.jpg
60KB, 599x409px
>>51450355
hey man I was just joking around you can use meme arrows all wrong if you want just be ready for everyone to think you're a moron.
>>
>>51451161
>he doesn't use greentext for implications
>>
>>51450116
>meme arrows are for quotation ONLY

Your newness is showing.
>>
File: ol al.jpg (66KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
ol al.jpg
66KB, 500x403px
>>51451890
ok mr og 2003 theyre for stories too but that guy still wasn't using them right
>>
>>51430074

If you have a very generous definition of "nigh" then yes.

Shit always finds a way to go south in Kickstarters, so I assume that even the reprint will be Q1 next year at the earliest.

But I do think it'll get here.
>>
File: 1472633060840.jpg (44KB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
1472633060840.jpg
44KB, 308x450px
>>51451933
Oh wait, my mistake.
>>
File: 14 88.jpg (304KB, 1538x1303px) Image search: [Google]
14 88.jpg
304KB, 1538x1303px
>>51452036
"bait" macros are for newfag redditors you gotta use a green troll image if you want to act classic cool

Posting my luscious mane to get back on track, I think I'm ready to start on the rest of the model now
>>
>>51451933
Kill yourself or lurk more please.
>>
>>51452261
I have too much to live for, and I've been visiting 4chan for 10+ years. Huge waste of time.
>>
>>51452334
You didn't spend the 10 years very well then obviously.
>>
Do you have to do anything special to unlock hybrid armor sets? Or can you just mix them into your base game once you own Lion Knight?
>>
Anybody here played KD on TTS before?
>>
>>51452569
No
>>
>>51452553
Yes, you have to do something special to unlock the LK's hybrid armor sets. For balance reasons you should not include them in your non-LK games.

From what has been said in the 1.5 KS, this will continue to be the case in the future as well. Details are, of course, sparse.
>>
>>51448867
>Little hermit crab monster inside a mouth statue

HERMIT CRAB MONSTER CONFIRMED
>>
>>51452759
I can't wait for the Hermitroach in the next KS
>>
>>51452759
The statue is a tiny sunstalker too.
>>
>>51452986
It'll just be three penises poking out of a conch shell.
>>
>>51451012
Consider the following, the dragon King alone is the size of a Knight Titan and yet his entire expansion costs less than one despite also coming with 5 large humanoids of which 4 are multipart and a boatload of rules/cards.
>>
>>51453203
You actually get two Midnights Children 32mm models in the Dragon King expansion in addition to the Armour Kit!
>>
So I'm guessing we won't hear from Poots until after the KS jew gives him the shekels in March. Has anon survivor anon passed on any information recently?
>>
Could someone tell me a bit about player's combat variety? KDM seems very interesting but I watched a couple of guys playing (vs the puke monster) and while the monster was very interesting the players themselves seemed to only "walk up and hit the dude"

I've played a lot of D&D and this seems very familiar to the problems some melee classes had in D&D but in this game you don't have the roleplay to mitigate those problems
>>
>>51453203
>>51454587
This.

Dk has the 135mm Dragon.
50mm Tyrant
4 32mm Armour Kit minis (includes all gear and weapons from the DK).
2 People of the Stars or whatever.
+All his gear, rules, and terrain tiles.

>>51455215
KD sort of has "group roles" more or less. Usually you have a mood manager/circlet user whos job is to arrange the monsters decks so you don't get monglepop'd.
Usually you have a Tank or some character who can eat hits and manage monster aggro through whatever methods.
Usually you have a Striker, usually a dude with a Zanbato. Basically someone who can dish out the hurt when you need it.

Special survivors give you more stuff like fighting arts and what not which can do all kinds of things.
>>
>>51455375
I see, so at first it's pretty basic but as you gain gear/loot you will be able to specialize in "roles" much like MMO's etc that gives you unique ways to play the game?
>>
>>51455398
pretty much, and different expansions offer different types of gear.
>>
>>51455177
It's absolutely ridiculous that it takes KS 2 fucking months to give poots the funds, considering they charged us literally hours within the campaign ending.
>>
>>51455705
They'll have drawn interest on the funds too, I'm afraid it's fairly common.
>>
>>51455800
I just hope poots is actually doing something while the funds arrive and not just playing car boyz.
>>
>>51455818
I imagine that Poots, while he waits for funds, has been doing a great many things that he doesn't need that money for.

Scheduling time with artists for monster design, artwork, etc.
Working with the factory to hammer out an initial schedule for mould cutting of the new content.
Scheduling plastic production of the existing content, and another run of Core boxes, as he needs more than expected.
Working with his team on actually drafting, testing and finalising the new content.

And I imagine many more things that I didn't think of.
>>
>>51450637
Yeah. I remembered that style not long after I made it. I didn't have it handy. I was considering replacing something else but you make a good argument for lms.
>>
>>51450637
However, I went with lms because as the eclipse shows, he's capable if ignoring pretty much any wound by the time he's the last one still putting up a fight. Eh either way.
>>
>>51450870

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Where the fuck is the update
And my free shit too

's beautiful poetry, mangs.
>>
>>51458035
I took a brain damage.
>>
What are the ways to lose weapon proficiency? Trying to keep my Twisworder around.
>>
>>51446128
Expensive=/=wasted money retard.

40kek is expensive AND shit. KDM is only the former.
>>
File: Kingdom-Death-Distracted.jpg (40KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Kingdom-Death-Distracted.jpg
40KB, 900x600px
Been assembling the fiddly parts of 'Distracted'. Mein gott that chair is a bit fiddly.

Half tempted to go all caligraphy on her ass.
>>
>>51455873

The biggest is probably the Chinese factory part because as was mentioned by him and other people he only expected half of the original kick starter to upgrade and then pick up some X% of full new buys, so the plans he had in motion were not workable now.

So with his Chinese factors so negotiating with them before their new years so they can grab more random 11 years off the street for this is probably the biggest dealing going on. This being a whole half days difference in time is probably fucking up any good communication between him and the factories.

His radio silence isn't unusual given last kickstarter but fucker should post something even if plans are in motion.
>>
>>51455215
The game is pretty positional based and knowing how the AI of the monster works and what might be left in the deck, cause otherwise you're walking up and getting wrecked by random chance. It's like playing an action video game and expecting a boss to just die cause you walked up and started smashing heavy attack, it might work on a couple but you're a dumb fuck if you do it. Some gear cards add things such as monster AI/hit locaiton manipulation, allowing you to block incoming attacks, changing the number of attacks you make (cause hititng a trap hit location card is terrible), and other such things but in the end it's more positional based than having a few dozen different ways of interacting with the monster. That said there are some items that change things up , ie the potion that puts you in a rage, the arrows that reduce enemy move, and as said before AI/hit location cards but those aren't as important as knowing your monster and reacting appropriately.
>>
>>51459871
Suppose I should say the walk up and hit it isn't entirely wrong, but it's not entirely correct there is a bit more meat there but you wouldn't' know it watching people. The new ones just do that and get hilariously wrecked and usualy develop an understanding of it through experience and the experienced people don't bring it up. Neither of them explain the importance of attack order, positioning, and what the monster might do unless they have a hard fast strat. Also there are more gear/fighting arts that give more combat options than ones listed but I don't' know them off top of head.
>>
File: 1411026355088.jpg (8KB, 229x250px) Image search: [Google]
1411026355088.jpg
8KB, 229x250px
What are some good expansions to add? We're at LY8, and hunting the lion, antelope, and phoenix over and over again will get tiring soon.

I assume it should at most be 1 big (lion god, spidicules, sunstalker) and 2-3 small ones? How many can you comfortably add at the same time without making it a mess?
>>
>>51447788
opinions?
>>
>>51460272
ok
>>
>>51460097
Are you talking about adding expansions midgame, or buying expansions for later campaigns?

Which expansions do you own now?
>>
>>51460458
TTSim, so I got them all. Adding them midgame, we're at LY8.
>>
>>51460485
>TTS
how did I know?
>>
>>51460485
I'd recommend Lion God, Lion Knight, Lonely Tree, and Manhunter.

If you are burnt out on Kingsman/Hand, then Slender man as well.
>>
I wouldn't recommend adding any extra quarries though to be honest. Later on, you'll have trouble utilizing all the gear you've made.
>>
>>51460575
Problem with Slenderman is that he makes it impossible to pick any of the other nemeses when give the choice. His level 3 version has a bullshit ability too.
>>
>>51460997
Completely true, but at least he provides more valuable gear than Kingsman/Hand/Butcher, with the exception of Guidepost.
>>
>>51452203
Looking good
>>
>>51460552
Not the anon you are replying to, but no shit. MOST players are TTS players. There were only so many people in the original KS.
>>
>>51462117
>MOST players are poor
fyftfyy
>>
>>51462132
>wasting hundreds on miniatures you have no intention of painting.
>>
>>51462148
i don't think this is the right board for you, bud
also why not just buy the naked game and use gay little playing cards or whatever you're into?
>>
>>51462132
Most people are poor. Would you say the distribution of poverty in gamers is significantly different than it is in general population?
>>
>>51462194
Nah, gaming just attracts the type of people who live in their parents basements and don't get jobs.

Like you.
>>
File: confused.jpg (68KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
68KB, 300x300px
>>51463173
>tfw I have two jobs
>>
>>51463335
Being a wage slave is as bad as being unemployed.
>>
>>51455177
There's no new info from him, Poots is radio silent to him right now as well. The microexpansion promo isn't so high on the to-do list so it could be some time before he even gets to sign an NDA.
>>
>>51434697
>means
This sound sick as fuck man
>>
>>51432161
lol only losers use sleeves
>>
>>51463756
Gotta pay that mortgage and move somewhere bigger, man. Adopting a pet into household where they would not have enough space is plain irresponsible.
>>
>>51465744
>Having a pet
Requiring an animal that has to be absolutely dependent on you for your own amusement is cruel and disgusting. In before muh it loves me. Beyond affection I'm sure it'd suck your dick too if that was required for you not to beat it and feed it.
>>
>>51465634
If I'm paying >$7000 tacoland monies +shipping you bet your sweet ass I'll protect the investment.
>>
>>51465978
Hi PETA.
>>
The more I look at them, the more I like the weapons from Spidicules.

Silk whip has a nice effect of archiving an active mood, not just discarding it. Meaning it can't be healed, which is situational, but probably makes it a top-tier whip (not really a challenge though).

Amber Pole-arm has that chance to wound the monster if it collides with you, and I've never not had good luck with the Amber Edge. Probably won't make it to a late game weapon, but I like it.
>>
>>51465978
Lol ur a fag
>>
>>51465978
If it makes you feel any better I'm aiming for the kind of a pet that still can make their own decision and would accept such arrangement simply because they like it that way.
>>
>>51465978
I agree with you in regards to pets excluding dogs.

They're basically symbiotes considering they have evolved a part of their brain dedicated to interpreting humans.

Makes my brain feel good to pet dog.
>>
>>51465978
Percival had a pet. Are you talking shit about Best Girl?
>>
>>51468156
>amber polearm
Four of those and four sets of fur armor are my ideal hunting party. Never pulled it off yet, but the idea of slamming a monster into three additional hit-location-free wounds every action makes me squee externally.
Realistically, could probably only manage to get everyone into position to do it twice a round, but that's still pretty nasty.
Why even bother with ever actually attacking? Just sprint and slam as often as possible.
>>
>>51444044
Phoenix wrecks everything which isn't a high level psyker.

Butcher wrecks marines.

All of them are wrecked by the Kingsman.

You have to remember anon that things like time control, being a literal fucking nuclear explosion, being the SUN and being omniscient are all fairly common and not big deal things in Kingdom Death. Marines, hell Primachs, just can't deal with that shit.
>>
>>51471884
so how do the survivors in kd...?
>>
>>51471967
with luck and using the properties of local resources to their advantage.
>>
>>51471967
Because they aren't human.

They don't age right, they can breed at any point of their lives, they can randomly be born as Saviours who actively warp reality and they're able to do physically impossible things, like learn the King's Step, become the 1000 Year Golden King, gain Legendary Lungs or have Zero Presence.

The Dragon God and Sunstalker are also able to integrate/mutate them into loyal slaves. So yeah, they're not human at all and arguably so much more badass than anything 40K has.
>>
>>51472185
and yet in many ways much more subtle and insidious, because much of this is entirely invisible.
>>
>>51472185
>able to do physically impossible things
Don't forget they can turn their eye around completely to face their brain, trapping their own shadow inside it.
>>
>>51473259
>being so shit at life that you can't do such a simple task.
i came here to laugh at you
>>
>>51472185
Yea look, that really seems more to do with the setting than any inherent abilities the survivors have.

You seem like a fanboy.
>>
File: 1469127637479.gif (489KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469127637479.gif
489KB, 250x250px
>>51474248
He literally just described things the survivors do. The survivors and their nature are part of the setting.
>>
>>51471473
But that doesn't work, RAW or thematically. It's "when the monster collides with you" implying the monster is in movement vs "when you collide with the monster".

However, you could have a pretty funny S&M load put with everyone rocking Gorm, Armor Spikes, and Immortality Potions.
>>
>>51474575
So why

Wouldn't

Marines

Do that stuff too

?
>>
>>51474590
Because that would literally be heresy.
>>
>>51474616
That's beside the point.
>>
>>51474616
>>51474590
Because Marines arne't made by the scribe anon.
>>
>>51474576

I think the idea would be to use slam from the screaming fur armor to push the monster into other survivors who are holding the polearm so it collides with them.
>>
> Dark Souls in about two month
Yeah.

> KD:M Core Game in another ~three month
Oh yes!

> The Other Side: Dual Commander
Wait

> More Dark Souls
No wait

> More Kingdom Death
Wait please no
>>
>>51474644
Scribe > God Emperor of Man I guess I'd say in b4 the screams of countless butthurt 40kfags, but I'm pretty sure their rage is the only thing faster than light.
>>
UPDATE TODAY OR TOMORROW
GET HYPED
>>
>>51452334
>have too much to live for
>visit 4chan for 10+ years
don't lie to yourself like that anon
>>
>>51477952
Woop woop.
>>
>>51474692
Exactly.
Could make do with one set of fur armor. Two would be nice to get two slams a round, but that's honestly the practical limit. Four is my ideal only because redundancy is good.
>>
>>51465978
>>51463756
holy fucking shit are you actually going for this kind of trash conversation? if you are serious you are pathetic, if you are "doing it for the luls XD" you also are pathetic.
>>
Poots transcription for those who don't want to go fetch it:

>HELLO!!!!!!!
>Just dropping by real quick. We are working on an update for today or tomorrow.
>Hope everyone has been well! We've been kinda working like crazy. I should have taken more time off. The measly 2 days I spent laying in a heap playing "car boyz" was not enough! lol
>@James, everyone is just excited. Myself and the team are excited too. It's always just shocking how much there is to do. During the campaign is was nice to be on 100% creative and communication. Felt awesome and now we have so much stuff to work on!
>>
File: Gambler's Crest.jpg (837KB, 1927x1927px) Image search: [Google]
Gambler's Crest.jpg
837KB, 1927x1927px
>>51477952
This is Poots time we're talking about though, those 2 days could easily be a week.
>>
>>51478244
Just as time is nonlinear in Kingdom Death so is it nonlinear in Poots' life.
>>
>>51477952
What? Really?
>>
File: 1470818901924.jpg (15KB, 307x462px) Image search: [Google]
1470818901924.jpg
15KB, 307x462px
>phoenix kills us by age
>defeat tells us we can revive one survivor

So, if we pick one that is on retirement age, does he lose all the huntxp he gained due to the phoenix's bullshit and comes out of retirement, or does he return to life but immediately retire?
>>
>>51479270
The KD rules state that when you have a question about the rules... it's always the answer that's worse for the survivors.
>>
>>51479736
That could go either way honestly
>>
>>51478244
>get that guy on hunt event
>one guy starts babbling right after I read the description
>another starts yelling at him to stop
>>
>>51474590
Because

They

Are

Almost

As

Retarded

As

You
>>
>>51481358
Tell me that you then rolled a 1, prompting the last guy at the table into an outburst of "for fuck's sake"
>>
>>51479270
Characters aged out by the Phoenix Cease to Exist. IIRC the Phoenix wipe specifies that one character who *died* during the showdown mysteriously returns. Age victims didn't die properly so aren't legal choices for that boon.
>>
>>51477952
>UPDATE TODAY OR TOMORROW
I'll give that as much credibility as "delivery this or next year" in the first KS.
>>
>>51478244
how would i go about making an emblem of the gamblers crest that would fit on a D6?
>>
>>51484122
if you don't know, you won't be able to
>>
>>51484140
holy fuck you are stupid.

I didnt know how to make cardboard boxes or paint or make foamcore inserts.

Then i got help on the webs on how to do these.

Now i can do these.
>>
>>51484174
this is a bit different than cardboard boxes and foamcore inserts, though, isn't it, you stupid piece of shit?
>>
>>51484195
are you literally retarded. all i need to do is make a crest that fits on a dice then mail the design to a dice making company and order a set of 20 dice.
http://q-workshop.com/customdice
>>
>>51484257
yes... i know. what is your point, you fucking mongoloid?
>>
>>51484409
>if you don't know, you won't be able to

This fucking stupid ass statement.
>>
>>51484486
OK then why did you ask in the first place if you already knew >>51484409 ?
>>
>>51484537
Because it's blatantly false??
You can actually learn new stuff, you cockmongler.
>>
>>
File: Valentines.png (308KB, 550x856px) Image search: [Google]
Valentines.png
308KB, 550x856px
I wonder if we'll get a different boon from Poots for Valentine's Day, or if we'll just use the one from last year.
>>
>>51486211
Maybe White Day, that'd be cute. :3
>>
You guys are cancer.
>>
>People of the Stars Campaign
>Year 13
>Doing pretty good, have a good number of constellations so far
>Problem is that it's 3 Storms and 2 Absolutes
>Nearly have a witch on a good survivor, could get Rust on a mediocre one

Is a single Reaper too much to ask for
>>
>>51423010
oh my god, that fucking pic brings back memories.
>>
Hey, question, is there a PDF of the rules someplace? I'd kind of like to know what I'm getting into before I even think about dropping $400 on a game.
>>
>>51481761
Wasn't that unlucky, but obviously the hunt didn't quite succeed.
>>
>>51484122
>how would i go about making an emblem of the gamblers crest that would fit on a D6?

you basically want to turn it into a solid silhouette of the icon, problem is that it might not be very recognisable when you do that.
>>
Wow. Just wow.

I'm sorry I even suggested a muhreen couldn't take on the King.
>>
>>51490701
See? You take off your trip and you can troll all you want.
>>
>>51488383
Lol, its not even for sale to idiots like you.
>>
>>51488383
literally GOOGLE you fucking stupid piece of shit
>>
>>51491304
>>51491102

>Trying this hard

Another day unemployed, eh?
>>
>>51491570
>what is "mobile"?
>>
>>51491304
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Kingdom+Death+Rules+PDF

Hey look, a bunch of results of not the fucking rules PDF.

>>51491102
Eh, I suppose not. Enjoy your dying game general.
>>
>>51489936
mmm. maybe if i just take the gamblers head.
>>
>>51492464
that would probably work, and you'd need to "carve" out a few lines to delineate the face, so you get more detail, but keeps it simple enough that it can be stencilled onto dice.
>>
Can we expect the update today...
>>
>>51492696
He said it will be coming today, so it will probably be here early next week.
>>
>>51492705
Early next year imo
>>
File: gambler dice.png (138KB, 582x1258px) Image search: [Google]
gambler dice.png
138KB, 582x1258px
>>51492512
made a first try at it.

just tracing some parts of the art.

there is probably to much detail on the second one to work on a dice.

thinking about how to do the eyes without so many lines.
>>
>>51487031
We had a similar problem, all of our constellations were Sculptors, and once you have one Sculptor, each "sculptee"is one Scar away from ascending.

I think by end, we had two lineages of survivors descended from the first pair of sculptors.
>>
Update is up.
>>
>>51450355
Speaking of the store, how often does that get updated? Just got Before and Beyond the Wall
>>
>>51492439
>Hey look, a bunch of results of not the fucking rules PDF.

There in the 7chan.org /tg/ link on the first page of the google results.
>>
>>51495780
Tell us what's in it
>>
>>51496209

He's pulling your chain. Poots hasn't updated yet.
>>
>>51496209
-Pledge manager this friday, confirmed not allowed to add to your pledge, there is already an estimated delay of 9 months on all shipping waves.
-All core games will be shipped at the same time, this means the first 10000 will have to wait for the rest to be produced.
-New concept art revealed: manhunter male pinup and Atnas.
-Link to youtube let's play of poots playing car boyz.
>>
>>51495919
You mean the link which goes to a page with a bunch of people saying "please give Kingdom Death" and one guy who just scanned cards?
>>
>>51496536
>Link to youtube let's play of poots playing car boyz.
Top kek. other than that it doesn't sound too unrealistic for what we'll get.
>>
>>51494904
lol that's awful
>>
>>51496536
Why would he wait on sending the 10000 he had already planned and begun manufacture on? Get the product out there to drive publicity and demand and increase the following and fan base. Saying it's a treat for the early bird first 10000 pledges seems perfectly reasonable
>>
>>51496994
Because feelings and eBay, anon. Why else?
>>
>>51496643
its on there if you read the posts. its where i got it
>>
>>51495805
Not anytime soon probably since the KS just ended
>>
So who would be at the center of a 'people of the moon'? Seeing as there are people of the sun and stars, who would the night survivors follow?
>>
>>51497557
see >>51441162
>>
>>51497557
Slenderman? Could be a good creepy cult type campaign, embracing the night
>>
File: 1485074691770.gif (328KB, 549x598px) Image search: [Google]
1485074691770.gif
328KB, 549x598px
PLEDGE MANAGER FEB 14TH
PLEDGE MANAGER FEB 14TH
PLEDGE MANAGER FEB 14TH

IT'S HAPPENING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

PLEDGE MANAGER FEB 14TH
PLEDGE MANAGER FEB 14TH
PLEDGE MANAGER FEB 14TH
>>
File: Sword Master Griff.jpg (319KB, 639x1576px) Image search: [Google]
Sword Master Griff.jpg
319KB, 639x1576px
>>
>>51497788
Looks awkward.

Should've used different feet and his right leg looks stunted. Also the knee pad is awful, I get he's trying to hide the bad greenstuff job, but it looks awful. Should have replaced the sword blade with a thin piece of brass or something.

3/10
>>
>>51495919
Don't help retards.
>>
Stupid sexy steam punk.
>>
BK pinup is looking great.
>>
>>51497894
And that THICC honycomb pinup
>>
>>51497894
>have to pledge at least $100 to that shitty kickstarter in order to add $15 for the crossover
>on top of that, it's a shitty pre-assembled miniature
Nah fuck that.
>>
>>51497683
That would be an interesting expansion idea, an 'evil' settlement of embrace the dark crazies
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (733KB, 700x6796px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
733KB, 700x6796px
wait when the fuck did he make a griffith mini?
>>
>>51497953
Most importantly, no actual game content. It's just a figure.
>>
>>51497974
That's not important at all.
>>
>>51497704
Pretty meh update, too bad it's now confirmed three month minimum delay
>>
>>51497557
>>51497683
A night man campaign? Maybe challenging the day man?
>>
File: IMG_5471.jpg (49KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5471.jpg
49KB, 600x800px
>>51498019
DAY MAN!
>>
File: IMG_5472.jpg (171KB, 789x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5472.jpg
171KB, 789x1024px
>>51498038
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
>>
>>51498098
Champion of the Sunstalker?
>>
>>51498108
Ah ah ah!
>>
>>51498108
You're a master of Unarmed
And partnership
For everyone!
>>
File: IMG_5213.jpg (23KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5213.jpg
23KB, 200x200px
>>51498038
>>51498098
>>51498108
>>51498129
>>51498152
>>
>>51497163
Thank you anon, you've been very helpful.
>>
>>51498019
It'll only work if you play the entire campaign with a girl who loathes you and then propose at the end.
>>
>>51498323
Also eat garbage and huff paint
>>
I've been looking for minis to buy for some RPGs I want to run with some friends and these look great, I love the art style and detail. However I don't see very many male character minis, and I couldn't find any on Google. Is that just because people like looking at the hot af babes or are they the main focus of this series?
>>
>>51498637
There are no males, correct. Try games workshop, they have many male figures
>>
>>51498637
Wow, I typed "kingdom death survivor" into google and not a single male mini came up. How strange, thanks for letting us know anon. There are males, but I guess they are all sold out
>>
File: IMG_5402.jpg (47KB, 550x615px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5402.jpg
47KB, 550x615px
>>51498637
>>
File: 1485568654457.jpg (208KB, 510x624px) Image search: [Google]
1485568654457.jpg
208KB, 510x624px
>>51498637
yeah no males. this game is mostly for girls like me
>>
>>51498659
>>51498697
>>51498722
>>51498735
Sorry... I clearly ask something retarded, but see as this thread is the first time I've ever seen or heard of this game I'll ask that you forgive me. I no literally nothing about the lore or what type of game this is even for(is it a war game? A board game? An rpg setting? Fuck, I don't know) it doesn't help that I can only access the Internet though my phone so searching anything is a bitch. Again sorry if I somehow offended you guys by asking a question.
>>
>>51498931
it's kind of a hybrid board game/minis game.
>>
>>51498931
Since you're technologically inept I'll give you a quick rundown, it's like playing Monster Hunter in the world of Berserk, you control 4 survivors at a time try to kill a giant monster and then use those pieces to improve your settlement and equipment for future hunts. The game comes with like 12 sprues or something like that and about 7 of them are armor kits each with 2 male and 2 female. What you are probably seeing are all the OPTIONAL pinups that add no gameplay value.
>>
>>51498931
The core box comes with an even split of male and female minis. It's also out of print, and won't be in print until Q3 / Q4 this year. It's also going to cost you $400.

The individual minis you find when you google the game are pinups, which are non-canon sexualized side characters. They get a lot of attention. They are purchaseable in singles, typically $25 a pop. It's not cheap.

If you're just looking for D&D minis do yourself a favor and go get some Reaper minis. They cater to that market. Kingdom Death really does not.
>>
>>51498931
literally GOOGLE
>>
File: we wuz death.jpg (137KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
we wuz death.jpg
137KB, 800x800px
>>51498931
you are on 4chan, anon. Expect this response and don't defend yourself. Also you truly need to sign up at the local community college and take 110 ITNT Intro to Search Engines, How to Live in the Current Age.
>>
http://www.kingdomdeath.com/wp/category/painting-contest/
Considering the fine details in the miniatures, it's too bad most of the paint jobs are hot garbage. But then most people won't do amazing work. At least there are some good pose ideas.
>>
File: 5679583.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
5679583.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>51499622
damn shame
>>
File: 237893.png (4MB, 1600x2213px) Image search: [Google]
237893.png
4MB, 1600x2213px
>>51499622
>>51499672
>>
File: 1478655990812.jpg (42KB, 486x572px) Image search: [Google]
1478655990812.jpg
42KB, 486x572px
>>51499788
holy fuck
>>
>>51499672
Both hands are mismatched.
>>
>>51499622
I modeled a couple survivors stacked up on top of each other chicken fight style, but I guess you could say I'm too chicken to paint them.
>>
>>51499788
Jesus just retire the poor fucker
>>
>>51500126
holy shit you're right lol
bet he's shitting himself now
>>
>>51500173
But why? Add in destroyed genitals and a few other critical injuries and he's basically their version of a dreadnought.
>>
File: 13462573468.jpg (4MB, 2400x2551px) Image search: [Google]
13462573468.jpg
4MB, 2400x2551px
Elves, yessss... the number of fey folk fans continue to expand
>>
>>51500622
jesus that looks bad
please dont do this poots
>>
File: confused.jpg (52KB, 599x509px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
52KB, 599x509px
>>51499672
was he going for the statue look? It's just black primer and then a spurt of grey spray paint
>>
File: 458965.jpg (2MB, 2061x2317px) Image search: [Google]
458965.jpg
2MB, 2061x2317px
thin your paints, etc. etc.
>>
>>51497948
So far so good on the facial expressions. I was worried after Role Survivors. Also apparently blade bow chick is Nico? She doesn't totally look like the Nico we know from before, but sure, she doesn't not look the part either.
>>
>>51500667
I think anon was lamenting not finishing in time.
>>
File: unscientific.gif (749KB, 480x188px) Image search: [Google]
unscientific.gif
749KB, 480x188px
>>51500724
Sad, you know he gets the idea, but just cakes the paint on
>>
>>51500622
Is that an actual KD model? Where's this new elf from?
>>
File: 2462523.jpg (3MB, 3140x2592px) Image search: [Google]
2462523.jpg
3MB, 3140x2592px
This one's actually pretty fantastic.
>>
>>51500803
The head is either modified or taken from another model. Everything else looks like dragon armor.
>>
File: 90876.jpg (4MB, 1600x7325px) Image search: [Google]
90876.jpg
4MB, 1600x7325px
>>51500843
>>
File: 54189412.jpg (1MB, 2124x2476px) Image search: [Google]
54189412.jpg
1MB, 2124x2476px
>>51500883
That's cool, I'm guessing most come from the masks in the core game?
Anyone know which expansions has this chinese looking armor?
>>
>>51500928
That's cycloid scale, comes from dickstalker.
>>
File: masterpiece.jpg (154KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
masterpiece.jpg
154KB, 600x800px
>>51500928
Day Man's expansion. Also notice the armor is teeth
>>
>>51500622
>>51500640
>>51500803
>>51500868

Your bandwagon is showing.

It's a KD kit head with fucking greenstuff ears ffs.
>>
File: veteran survivors.png (303KB, 680x497px) Image search: [Google]
veteran survivors.png
303KB, 680x497px
Anyone planning on using some of these awesome guys in KD? Good for modding parts or just as stand ins
>>
>>51500843
I love how it uses one of the giant masks, though I suppose there's been well more than one of those. The huge mane of hair is great, as is the defeated watcher. Not sure where the totem or torso came from, though. I want to say the torso is from a pinup but I can't think of one that has the Midriff+Boob Window going on.
>>
File: best survivor.jpg (89KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
best survivor.jpg
89KB, 640x480px
>>51501099
>>51500622
While it's not a popular opinion, I'm glad to see any additional elves, canon or fan-made.
(not shit posting)
>>
>>51501216
I think they look rad. I dunno why everyone has to throw a shit fit or jump into x-files speculation mode at the drop of a hat.

>>51501168
Stand-ins for what? Those are like, 50mm.
>>
>>51501168
Wrong scale. MB:P minis are 32mm scale, KD:M minis are 35mm and are almost a whole head taller.

Also we're on page 10. Probably in need of a new thread, but I'm on mobile so someone else do it.
>>
>>51501188
torso is from Candy
>>
>>51501241
>>51501242
>>51501168
Oh, yeah, those are the gods not the humans. Yeah those are huge in comparison to KD:M minis. But even the humans are out of scale and inappropriate.
>>
File: 38569785.jpg (5MB, 2060x4936px) Image search: [Google]
38569785.jpg
5MB, 2060x4936px
>>51501242
use this guy for the first post
>>
>>51501302
Or not. There's far better to use, come on.
>>
>>51501302

"Wielding many scars above his body, Alister refuses to wear any more armor than needed."

"Like this he fools the nightmares of Kingdom Death, pretending to be weak."

"But he sure is not."
>>
>>51501302
looks like a bad painting turned 3D
>>
>>51501360
new thread
>>
File: a wild sully.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
a wild sully.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>>51501242
>>51501302
Nah, use Sully and Mike
Thread posts: 350
Thread images: 69

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.