[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Dungeon Life Quest (DLQ) 36 - Starting Threads...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 29
File: Nathan Redraw.png (364 KB, 939x2055) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Nathan Redraw.png
364 KB, 939x2055
ARCHIVE: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Dungeon%20Life%20Quest
PREVIOUS THREAD: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/44953714/
CHARACTERS AND PLACES: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19gNVgtevar647l4ZumUaVH6GlJzvxLlDNKaH8DrQMWE/edit?usp=sharing
WEBCOMIC 'CAUSE Y'ALL ASKED: http://wildwestscifi.net/gallows-humor/13683-gallows-humor-prologue

You are Brianna la Croix, journeyman necromancer, and gods, that was a hell of a quickie.

You almost wanna keep snuggling your Hero, but honestly, you're burning...well, not daylight, but you know what you mean.
>>
>>45004159
"There a reason you turned that in now?" you ask. Somehow you have ended up as the big spoon, which is a hell of a thing considering what you just did and how vigorously, but hell if it doesn't feel right. "Coulda turned in the quickie any time. I hope to hell it's not because you feel like you owe me after Amy, because I'd hate to have to beat the shit out of you."

"Nah," Nate says warmly. "It ain't that. It's...it's a lot of things. It felt right at the time, for one. And you seemed interested, for two. And...and, well, because you just accepted that I was still ready to roll, after the snake. You didn't treat me different except in the most practical of senses. Amy's tried not to but she can't hide her worry. But you're not worried, are you?"

"I wouldn't say /that/," you admit. "...But I trust you when you say you're ready to fight."

"Yeah," Nathan agrees. "That means a hell of a lot to me. And, well...it's kinda attractive. Not just that you still see me as a warrior but that you're willing to accept me as I am."

"I think I know a little about that," you murmur.

"I think you think too much sometimes," the Hero murmurs back.

"I think I'm gonna take you to a saloon and make faces at you while we eat shitty food."

"Works for me."
>>
>>45004303
You part, reluctantly, and get dressed. You're pretty sure if Lark knew what you'd done he'd beat you until you turned white, which is why you have no intention of telling him.

Besides, that makes it a little more fun, doesn't it?

Your prophecy of shit food at the saloon turns out to be depressingly accurate; this is worse than your coooking, and you and Nathan both cook like soldiers. But it's food you didn't have to cook yourself, which works for you. It's not like you haven't had worse.

Gods, he looks so handsome with that goofy grin from the afterglow and that attentive, loving expression in his eyes.

> What do you say?
>>
>>45004361
It's late and I have no idea what to say. Tease him about his afterglow or something.

Night Vox
>>
>>45004383
Sleep well anon.

I NEED TO SLEEP MYSELF. Votes open until I manage to kill whatever's left of my hangover in the morning (HA HA, REGRETS) and update.

As always, questions, comments, discussion, feedback, and criticisms are both welcome and appreciated. You folks help me improve, and I appreciate the time you take to do so.

Thank you all for reading and participating! It's been a great ride thus far. You've been wonderful readers and I appreciate all of you. This has been so much better than I imagined it would be.
>>
Hm... some non-work related things might be useful here, before the two of them return to what has to be done.

Ask him where he got his handsomeness from? No, that would bring the topic to his mom, which is probably not a good idea.

Tell him a story about Heroes? Maybe not the best moment for that either. (But then again, Bri does like to tell stories.)

...ask him about the sordid details of what he did with Amy earlier today? ;P
Ah well, maybe not in public.

Oh! Dude. The leg.

> Tell him about the living metal you "aquired" from Silence and what you plan to do with it for Nate.
>>
>>45004434
Remember to drink lots of water before you pass out.
>Discuss the living iron you found.
>>
>>45004361
thirding
>living iron

Follow up on the earlier thread:
>>45002270
As somebody whose childhood was before cellphones and before widespread personal computers, I can tell you that these are just a modern variant of school's hip-or-shit lottery.
Their earlier counterparts were some non-electronic toys (TNMT or He-Man, anybody?). But there were also other, eternal things: Wrong brand of clothes or shoes, wrong haircut, not being in the sports club. And the things you just have no control over and not even your parents can help: being introvert (not to speak of social autism, at least I didn't have that), being more intelligent than the scum in your class, and having completely different interests (You like animals - stupid. You play an instrument - shit. You don't like football - gay. You like books - boring. And later, at 14: you don't want to sit by the river and get drunk every day - doesnotcompute).

>>45003796
>>45004422
I haven't read Twilight but from what I read about it you're right. She writes in a way that every young girl inserts herself in the protagonist's place (because she has no discerning features, her description might fit about anybody), and which young (and middle-aged sexually frustrated woman) doesn't want to be desired by a handsome gentleman.

>>45004107
Oh yeah, memories: "I only ate the fruit" - I heard this twice in my life, once seriously in my first semester and once told by a close friend telling about when she was a child.
>>
>>45004361
>Wonder if we can turn the boat into a Love Boat
>>
>>45004434
Slay that hangover beast, Vox! We know you can do it! Also, your taste in literature inspires me. I just started rereading my dad's copies of the Sword of Shannara.

I'm hating the teen-drama bullshit that's being displayed on mine television, and I feel like the next generation will have no inkling of what fantasy and imagination are.
>>
>>45004922
As someone who has read Twilight, if you can get through a book without thinking, Twilight is an alright series. The 'not thinking' is *very* important.

Right around the end of the last book, I read the line uttered by the main character 'I may not be smart, but at least I'm pretty'. My ignorance could only stretch so far. The only thing that kept me from walking away from the series with something like 30 pages left was the hope some people would die *horribly*.

Meyer couldn't even give me that.

>>45005681
I still know teenagers who read fantasy and horror. There's hope yet, even if it's dying.
>>
Man, are we this bad at talking to cute boys?
>>
>>45006525
Can you name me another one in the quest?
>>
>>45006584
Fetch
>>
>>45004361
>"This is nice... Not the food, but I really enjoyed everything else. You're going to be stuck with that expression if you're not careful though."
>"You said you wanted to use your bounty of wraithsteel to give Amy wings again, how does that work?"

All I got.
>>
>>45005681
Uhhh... young adult sci-fi and fantasy book sales are doing very well right now, relative to historical trends. Harry Potter started something that hasn't stopped, and publishers are catering to it. And a number of them have been made into major motion pictures. Divergent, Hunger Games, Mortal Instruments, just from movie posters I can recall off the top of my head.

Not saying any of this stuff is good, but it is popular, and it does involve fantasy and imagination.
>>
>>45006661
The film and television trends of the last few years have made me something of a cynic, but I try to hold out hope.
I still remember the days in high school when all my class mates wanted to talk about was Entourage and Jersey Shore. JESUS FUCKING WEPT.
>>
>>45006625
Fetch isn't a boy, in fact technically Fetch is Biologically a girl. In reality it is a genderless construct that has had the portion of our soul that believes in fantasy knights imbued in it. Resulting in a familiar that behaves like a steriotypical storybook knight.
>>
>>45007044

Fetch calls himself a boy.

Thus he's a boy.
>>
>>45007088
Sure he is, Caitlyn.
>>
>>45007105

He doesn't have any biologically functional parts anymore, being, y'know, undead.

The consciousness that animates the chicken—y'know, the part that's actually Fetch—identifies as male.

So...in what meaningful way is Fetch *not* male?

I can perhaps grant "not a boy" due to not being either human, or particularly young-seeming...
>>
>>45007162

He lacks any of the requisite organs, drive, or status to be considered male. Hes no more male then your car GPS is female.

Are you one of those anons who want to pretend to be a little girl
>>
>>45007044
We're anthropomorphizing an undead chicken, so we're ascribing it a social Gender role, not a biological one.

And Fetch IS cute. Adorable even, with his little skeletal helmet.

And anyways, you're a massive faggot so put the cock back in your mouth before it gets shoved into your sweet boipu$$y
>>
File: image.jpg (254 KB, 1977x1204) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
254 KB, 1977x1204
>>45007205
>>
>>45007105
>>45007205
Right, well, this conversation went somewhere horrible fast. As someone who games with two transwomen who are some of the best players I've ever had the pleasure to game with, I can safely say you don't know what you're talking about and you need to fuck off. And you're gonna come back with something like "no, you're the one who doesn't know what they're talking about", and that's fine because I honestly couldn't care less what you think. But I do care what you say about my friends, so again, kindly fuck off.
>>
>>45007205

We aren't saying he's MALE.

We're saying he's a MAN.

Gender, not sex.
>>
>>45007298
> taking the bait
>>
>>45007502
I don't give a fuck. Some things need to be said.
>>
File: Baited.jpg (101 KB, 1198x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Baited.jpg
101 KB, 1198x1200
>>45007521
>>45007298
>>45007299
>>
>>45007291
hey cool, one of my comments has been screen capped.

I'm now famous!
>>
Aspiring writer anon here, I've read American Gods, Good Omens, and (unfortunately) Twilight.

I know you've heard it before, but my recommendation is the Harry Dresden series. The first book has a writing style that is okay but improves with Butcher's next few books. One thing the author does pretty well is make sympathetic and likable characters, much like how you do with your quest here.

This probably isn't the best book review but I'm pretty sure some other anons could better sell the series to you.
>>
I'm alive.

Hangover was bad. Working on getting food and chores handled; will update after.
>>
Bump for the lich.
>>
>>45008099
I agree. Some call him a hack, and for the first 2-3 books I'd agree. By the end of book three, start of four at the latest, he became good in his own right. The short story "The Warrior", if read at the right chronological point of the series, is probably my favorite work of short fiction in existence.
>>
>>45010006
He was a new author at that point, I was just struck by how similar the writing is for this quest to those novels.
>>
>>45004361
"So, I got something, treating Silence," you tell Nathan.

"Besides a look at her assets?" the Hero teases. He ducks the egg you throw at him with a shit-eating grin.

"Yes, besides that," you chide. "Elemental iron. Suitable material for a prosthetic for you that's a bit more comfortable than that peg is."

"Wow," Nathan murmurs. "I've heard of elemental prosthetics but I haven't actually seen one. Glen's remarkably short on elementals; they all seem attracted to the Dungeon for some reason."

"That's easy enough. It has environments that please them," you say with a shrug. "Do you think you can work with the stuff?"

"I probably shouldn't, but Harry and Isoldt definitely can," Nathan agrees. "Isoldt'll be more of an advistory capacity and...well...measurements."

You grin, and he blushes intensely.

"You could be a bit more territorial," he mutters.

"Why should I be? I trust you."

Maximum overblush achieved.

This has been a good day.

You and Nathan finish off the meal with a quiet drink - the beer is a /lot/ better than the food - and then head back for the Shaft. Nate leans on you without complaint - thankfully - and you come back to find the place still more-or-less orderly. It looks like some more people have arrived, though - you pick out the somber mourning colors of the residents of the Lichyard. Near the elevator, Aria is talking in what looks like frank terms with Silence, and what have to be residents of Split considering the number of people present sit around temporary fires, chatting with the Miners.

Lark sidles up to you with a gleam in his eyes that you instinctively know means you're about to be driven to drink.

"Nice to see you back," the elf compliments. "Can I ask you something?"

"...Proceed," you say slowly.

Lark points to the roof of one of the bath houses, where you spot River - that deep red hair makes her stand out immediately - talking happily to Amy.

"Who is that radiant beauty and how do you know her?" he asks
>>
>>45010591
> ...Nope, not getting involved.
> That's my sister, River la Croix. Why?
> She can introduce herself, you know. Why not ask her?
> Write-in?
>>
>>45010615
>> That's my sister, River la Croix. Why?
>>
>>45010615
>> Write-in?

> Who, the half-harpy I'm shacked up with? Oh, no, wait, you mean my sister!
>>
>>45010615
>That's my sister, River la Croix. Why?
Turn fake innocence level up to 11
>>
File: 40keks.jpg (3 KB, 125x108) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
40keks.jpg
3 KB, 125x108
>>45010591
>Maximum overblush achieved.
>>
> That's my sister, River la Croix. Why?
>>
>>45010615
> That's my sister, River la Croix. Why?
>>
>>45010615
>> She can introduce herself, you know. Why not ask her?

Cmon, have a little fun.
>>
Okay so first the bad news - FUCKING COMCAST.

The good news - this time it's because they're actively fixing my internet. Votes may be extended.
>>
>>45010886

I would say, "Woohoo!" but I know too much about how that works to be greatly optimistic.

> Internet not working
> Cable company spends 8 hours fixing it
> Next day, internet not working
> "Oh, turns out the $30k worth of equipment we just replaced had nothing whatsoever to do with the problem you were having!"
> Another month of internet not working before they bother to send someone out to replace the one cable a squirrel chewed on that was the problem.

(Not personal experience, thankfully, just an amalgam of way too many stories I've read from people with experiences like this...)
>>
>>45010974
One time, we got some genius to tell us
> There is a problem with your router? You must turn off your firewall for me to help you with that.
>>
>>45010615
> That's my sister, River la Croix. Why?
>>
>>45010974
This describes my general experience with Comcast quite nicely, I'm sorry to say.

As for the vote...
> That's my sister, River la Croix. Why?
>>
>>45010591
> That's my sister, River la Croix. Why?
>>
Okay, so: I will not be able to update before I go to work. I'll be back a little after 9:30 EST. However, my internet and car are now both working, so, y'know. It's been a pretty good day.

Questions, comments, discussion, feedback, and criticisms remain welcome and appreciated.

Thank you all for reading and participating!
>>
>>45010674
>>45010591
I'll support this, but in a different context.
>You might think we're in an open relationship, Lark, but I wouldn't recommend making any moves on Amy. We call her 'shankbird' for an, admittedly affectionate, reason.
>Oh, you mean my sister. Why do you ask?

I wanna see more villain Bri
>>
>>45010615
>> Write-in?
I fucked in your barn.
>>
>>45012277
don't worry, he'll find out when he walks in and the barn smells like sex.
>>
>That's my adopted sister, River la Croix. Why do you ask?
This gun be good.
>>
>>45010591
I'll vote for these
>Write In
>>45010674
>>45012219
>>
>>45010615
> Who, the half-harpy I'm shacked up with? Oh, no, wait, you mean my sister!
I like this one.
>>
>>45012219
This seems a bit out of character for Bri.
>>
>>45013923
I was picturing a nonchalant response, like Bri was unconcerned about what was going on. It'd suit her style.

By the same token, it's a whimsical response to his question. Bri isn't normally *whimsical* about her responses. It might only be appropriate because he's asking about River, and we might want Bri to be the sort of person who messes with people eyeing her family. She's never really had the chance before.

... That last line turned out a lot sadder than I first thought.
>>
File: 1413610604447.jpg (131 KB, 901x525) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1413610604447.jpg
131 KB, 901x525
>>45014125
>>
>>45012219
>I wanna see more villain Bri

Is it wrong of me to imagine that the three of them roleplay "capturing and preparing to sacrifice the noble hero" with Bri as the villainess and Amy as her faithful evil henchman only for Nate to "escape and put them to the sword for their crimes".
>>
>>45014174
Either that, or Amy plays the role of sacrifice and Nate barges in to save her. Turns out it was a trap the whole time to lure in a Hero. Villains win.

The sword is his dick, isn't it?
>>
>>45014260
>The sword is his dick, isn't it?

Why ask questions you already know the answer to?
>>
>>45014417
The best way to finish a joke it to kill it yourself, before anyone else can beat you to it.
>>
Three hours to vote call.

I also get to share the rough draft of the Mourners cover!
>>
>>45015065
WOO!
>>
>>45010615
>I support the "my sister" comment, but I support fucking with Lark even more, similar to the other anon's write-in.

>>45014417
>>45014435
You have to beat a dead horse yourself to make sure it is dead. Because other people might not beat it the correct way.

>>45015065
This means we will soon finally be able to throw money at you on kickstarter? Don't act coyly, your writing is great and you deserve something for it.
>>
>>45015314
Yes. We're gonna get it up and running next month. Getting my first actual novel published would be a hell of a thing.
>>
>>45015314
>beat it the correct way
After years of practice I always manage to beat it correctly!
>>
>>45013327
>>45010674
>>45012219
Some variation of this please
>>
>>45010674
>>45012219

Supporting.
>>
Forty minutes and change to call. Both nervous and excited to show off cover preview. Please recall that it's an early draft!
>>
>>45018346
If people didn't have deadlines, everything would be an early draft and nothing would ever get published
I'm sure it's fine
>>
>>45018346
Look at it this way. You expected this to fail, and it turned out alright. If you're worried about it being bad, it'll probably be alright.

I tend to understate things.
>>
And I'm home! I need to handle Some Things; votes called, writing soon.

Pic related is the aforementioned cover preview; the scene depicted is literally the Scum posing for a wanted poster (it was Aisling's idea) after the events of Mourners. The final version of the cover will be said poster.
>>
>>45019561
Cool pic
>>
>>45019561

Goddamn, clean up the lines, colour and shade it, and add the requisite text and it's a better book cover than 90% of the ones out there.

Your artist friend continues to impress.
>>
>>45019561
Is pretty. Does seem like it needs a little extra something, but I think having it be part of a wanted poster will help with that.
>>
File: d6hcmGm.png (730 KB, 937x855) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
d6hcmGm.png
730 KB, 937x855
>>45019625
This wasn't my webcomic partner anon; this is JD, the gentleman who did the art for my Wilders supplement (pic related). Fell in love with his work as a direct result, actually.
>>
>>45019561

Is it wraparound or just a portion of the front?

If it's the former, I'm worried about the characters in the middle; with their position they're gonna get bisected by the spine, half on it and half on the front/back.

Looking good other than that potential worry.
>>
>>45019716
AFAIK it is not a wraparound. And if it is I'ma beat people until it no longer is.
>>
>>45019892

Based Vox.

Update soon?
>>
Power cut out. Fixing.
>>
>>45021486
Retail, 'Carnie', Writer, and now an electrician.

Is there nothing you cannot do Vox?
>>
>>45021540
His whoring skills are sub-par, his extensive experience counts for nothing.
>>
>>45021540
Grinding poverty is a hell of an education.

Coffee, writing.
>>
>>45021814

Bump for the lich.
>>
File: 1443438747071.jpg (247 KB, 600x775) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1443438747071.jpg
247 KB, 600x775
>>45010615
You arch an eyebrow at Lark. "Your memory must be going.That's Amy, remember? The knife-happy one who reacts poorly to unexpected intrusions on her personal space?"

Lark's expression of frightened confusion is priceless.

"Wait," you tease. "You mean the elf she's talking to?"

"Yes!" Lark agrees, eagerly.

"That's my sister, River la Croix. Apprentice necromancer, former mercenary," you say helpfully. "She's been spending her free time in the Lichyard, killing zombies, banishing their ghosts, and helping families torn apart by cowardice and betrayal. She may also be haunted by a ghost that is her mentor and eventual enemy."

Lark /stares/ at you.

"Cards on the table, plant man," you murmur. "You still interested, or is it the red hair and the easy smile?"

"...Would you care to introduce me to her tomorrow?" Lark asks, adjusting his hat on his head.

"I'll sleep on it," you promise.

> Hit bed
> Do something else (what)?

I have nothing else planned for this particular day of stuff but if anon has an idea now's the time. Bri should get some sleep /soon/, though.
>>
>>45022975
>> Do something else (what)?
Acquire bird, acquire Hero, and then either lewds or cuddle pile.
>>
>>45022975
>Acquire Peggy and Shankbird, cuddle pile. Call Nathan Peggy unironically.
>>
>>45023111
Yes, this.
Also, 'Peggy and Shankbird' sounds like some sort of comedy duo.
>>
>>45022975
>Do something else (what)?
>The aforementioned harpy
>>
>>45023111
> Seconding
>>
Called, writing. Though I should note that cuddle pile was on the agenda anyway, so...yay?

This'll be the final update for the night. I need to use the sleep.
>>
>>45023476
Can we make little Peggy and Shankbird totally not voodoo hand puppets?

For when we need to explain battle plans.
>>
>>45023529
I want it.
>>
>>45023529
...It might be the exhaustion talking but I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by this request.
>>
>>45023633
I think anon just means puppets used to explain situations, in a slightly comedic fashion.
>>
>>45023633
Hand puppet versions of Amy and Nate
>>
>>45022975

> Hit bed (cuddle pile given)
>>
>>45022975
You and Nate approach Amy's roof and wave up at her; she gives you a bright grin, grabs River, and floats down. The elf squeaks in surprise but remains otherwise composed.

"Nice to see you sis," you tell her, giving River a tight hug. "How're you holding up?"

"Pretty well," River says. "Starting to understand why hauntings aren't common though."

"No private time," you agree, nodding. "But right now I need to kidnap my lover and pass the hell out for awhile."

"Cuddle pile?" Amy says hopefully. "I found bedrolls!"

"Stole," River corrects.

"I stole bedrolls!"

You laugh and let Amy lead you away; the three of you make token preparations for bed and curl up with one another, one lover on either side and your minions standing attentive watch.

"You have fun?" Amy murmurs.

"Yeah," you and Nate answer at the same time, and you giggle. "But," you add, "there's work to do tomorrow. We need to plan and prep."

"I know," the half-harpy murmurs. "I'ma surprise you with Shankbird Day later."

Warm arms cuddle in from either side, and you drift off to sleep.

When you reach Lora's waiting room, the angel is looking oddly pleased with herself.

> What's up?
> Ask about Scribbles
> Bring up Victoria's concern
> Write-in

Please choose only one.
>>
>>45024046
Whyyyy? All three are so tempting!

>What's up? Why so happy?
>>
>>45024046
>> What's up?
>>
> What's up?

Whatcha got, angel face?
>>
>>45024046
>> Ask about Scribbles
Other than her mood this is the one with an 'immediate' time constraint. kinda.
>>
>>45024046
> What's up?
>>
Alright folks I'm passing out. Lots to do tomorrow; I have the day off but my actual running may be a bit slowed. You have my apologies in advance.

As always discussion, questions, comments, feedback, and critique remain welcome and appreciated.

Thank you all for reading and participating!
>>
>>45024046
>What's up?
Lora's probably pleased about the fear and panic gripping the Baron right now.

I've been wondering whether we should ask if there's any danger in sharing the truth of what's happened/happening in the Dungeon. I mean, what if someone else gets the bright idea to start chaining angels?

After the 'Speech Therapy' pastebin, I think Lora might permit Bridgette to keep Victoria around a while longer if she can prove that she's changed (not just understanding the purpose of the god-language, but overcoming her depression and self-loathing). No promises, but that she'll think on it.

It also means that, even if Victoria and Bridgette get to spend a few extra decades or a couple centuries together, Victoria /cannot/ remain among the living forever. She must be allowed to pass on, and Bridgette will have to face this.
>>
>>45024262
Sleep well, oh beauteous undead butt-slut! May sweet angels carry your bleached bones to the lands of caffeine ever-flowing.
>>
>>45024046
> Ask about Scribbles
>>
>>45024046
> What's up?
We will probably get the chance to ask about scribbles after she tells us about her day, or night, time? I don't know what to call it.
>>
>>45024046
>Ask about Scribbles
>>
> What's up?
>>
I should bump this 'fore Vox awakens.
>>
What else should we ask Lora?
>>
>>45027198
Oh, right, thanks for reminding me anon.

I'd like to know if she can hear the prayers. And also if we can bring anybody with us to these meetings.
>>
Bump for Vox
>>
>>45027602

We've pretty much established that the only method I've thus far seen proposed for bringing someone with us won't work, or else Best Bird and Hero would be here now, and on numerous other occasions besides. Do you have another method to suggest, or are you just wanting to ask her if there is a way?
>>
>>45028324
I'm just wanting to ask. Cuz I currently kinda see it as we've never 'invited/brought' anyone with us when we sleep meet. We've never tried or had a need to do so other than Aunt Carol but I think that case was a bit of an exception to what I'm asking. You never know.
>>
I live once more. Votes called, writing.
>>
File: death.jpg (49 KB, 642x744) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
death.jpg
49 KB, 642x744
>>45024046
You light up and give Lora a wry grin. "You win a bet?" you ask, playfully.

"No. I lost one," the angel says. "With you."

"...I'm listening."

"I've decided to teach the Poet. She's had her first lesson and taken to it rather well. It is...a pleasant feeling. Satisfying. I have not mentored anyone before."

"Job kept you busy?" you ask.

Lora shrugs her wings. "I've never been particularly social. In hindsight this is probably part of the reason I got into this mess."

"...I wasn't gonna say it, but then you went and said it, and now I dunno how to proceed with this conversation."

Lora laughs and lights her own cigarette; the angel blows a ring of smoke and gives you a thoughtful look. "Your family has always been a friend to death. The Choir has noticed, you know. An individual mortal life is normally too short to get our attention, but it's been long centuries and you've stayed with it. It's a rare thing, for the reapers to feel loved and appreciated. We are not ungrateful."

You adjust your hat and cough. "That's...I mean. The world'd be a lot better if more folks treated death with respect."

Lora gives you an easy smile and leans back on her bench. "Timetable?"

"If everything goes well? Day after tomorrow. We're waiting on the reinforcements from the Basement."

"Good. Good. Did...did you want to talk about anything in particular?"

> Bring up Scribbles
> Mention Victoria's worry
> Write-in
>>
>>45029912
>> Bring up Scribbles
>>
>>45029912
> Bring up Scribbles
> Mention Victoria's worry
>>
>>45029912
>> Bring up Scribbles
We should probably get this clear now. Victoria's thing is probably more important on the whole, but it's time-sensitive only in the broadest sense of the term.
>>
>>45030005
>Voting for both options
Newfag
>>
>>45029912
>> Bring up Scribbles
>> Mention Victoria's worry

Also if Lora is already having positive feelings about The Poet, then it means that victorias worry might be a non issue.
>>
>>45029912
> Bring up Scribbles
> Mention Victoria's worry

Scribbles first
Victoria if we have time.
>>
>>45029912
>Mention Victoria's worry.
>>
>>45029912
>Bring up Scribbles
Not just this specific case, though. Use the Scribbles situation as an example, but ask for clarification in general about how much we can reveal and under what circumstances. If she does leave it up to our discretion, make sure we get enough information to be able to make informed decisions (for example, discuss with Lora what the implications would be of everything we now know about her becoming common knowledge.)

If we do get a chance to cover both questions, definitely do so, but give the Scribbles the priority over the Victoria: Vicki's regular natural lifespan isn't going to run out before we get another chance to take a nap. Asking about prayer (does it work, and if so, how, exactly) is also on the list of things that definitely need to get asked eventually, but with Scribbles taking the priority.
>>
> Bring up Scribbles

This will likely become relevant once we wake up and get into the day, so it seems like a good idea to address it now.
>>
>>45029912
>Bring up Scribbles.
And seconding this: >>45030526

I'm pretty sure Lora has already considered Bridgette and Victoria's relationship. If the former Poet does well, there might be some allowances Lora can make so they can stay together awhile longer. But Death cannot be stalled forever; Bridgette and Victoria will, eventually, have to say goodbye.
>>
Vox, a thought.
Silver is used in necromancy because it tarnishes, representing "death." Can Iron be used instead of silver, seeing as how it rusts? Also, can wraithsteel be used in necromancy, seeing as how it has a life of its own?
>>
>>45030978
I think wraithsteel is way too valuable to be using as currency for spells (unless we're talking nation-sized spells, which would still be insanely expensive and hellaciously difficult).

As a rule, I think epic-level wizarding should be avoided, since it has so many consequences and ripples of influence, and likely encroaches on the duties of the other angelic choirs.
>>
>>45031281
I wonder if Gold would symbolize life immortal...
>>
>>45030978
Iron's not as favored for necromancy as silver is because it's bad for the undead, but it has its uses, especially for toxins and death spells.

Wraithsteel is negatively useful. The stuff reacts very poorly to death energies.
>>
That whole being busy thing I was talking about earlier is hitting me. I'll update when I can.
>>
Alright folks. You've been very patient, and it's becoming abundantly clear that this whole running-today thing is not going to work out in my life. I'm not gonna keep you waiting.

In point of fact, I'ma take a brief break. Expect an update either Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. Thank you for your patience, and for reading and participating.

I'll keep the thread open to answer questions and address discussion. In the meantime I've got some other shit I need to do and then I'ma just...try to change mental gears for awhile. Maybe catch up on the backlog of videogames I haven't had the chance to play.
>>
>>45033756
Take care Vox, thanks for running!
>>
>>45033756

See you later, Vox. We'll keep the thread bumped.

If you're still worried about your consecutive days running, well, since you updated today, if your next update comes tomorrow you'll still be keeping it going. Not that you have to (or necessarily SHOULD) do that; if you want to break for longer that's fine. It's all up to how you feel.
>>
Thread archived successfully.
>>
>>45033756
I wonder, if silver represents death, what does gold represent?
>>
>>45036140
The ability to live a life of luxury, not needing to waste it on inconsequential things, like monsters and demons and being a decent person. You can, but you can also just buy a dozen mercenaries to do it for you.
>>
>>45036140
Gold is used to help objects weather wear and tear, but is only rarely used in necromancy. Gold's deathless state gives it very, very little resonance with the death energies manipulated by necromancers, though cursed coins remain a popular form of post-mortem revenge on enterprising Heroes. Cautious adventurers bury a necromancer with their belongings rather than taking any.
>>
>>45036140
I think it's not so much that silver represents death in any singular way, as it is a metal that symbolically dies. The tarnishing represents death or decay.

Since it lacks the ability to "die", gold probably can't be sacrificed in the same way silver can be. It might be useful as a kind of insulator, or some other neutral element.

What kind of coins did we see in the Lichyard? Gold might be more useful as something that memories and emotion imprint on.
>>
>>45037473

>cautious adventurers

See, to me that sounds like an oxymoron, but given that you go on to say that they willingly leave loot on a body, I'm guessing we have different definitions of 'adventurer'.

What kind of curses are usually placed on the coins? Standard injury/death, disease/poison, or luck reducing, or more exotic shit like making anything they kill explode or rotting anything organic they touch?
>>
>>45037473
I'd think having an inert substance would be quite useful in putting together a magical object. The gold could be used to hold things in the proper places without interacting with the magic itself, say.

Does it see any use this way, and if not, is it for lack of anyone trying or does it not work out the way the engineer in me is imagining it would?
>>
>>45038755
It mostly doesn't have to; spells worked into items are made stably, and thus generally without a need for containment.

If it /does/ need containment, it was designed that way on purpose. Which you will see gold used for, in some amounts, generally with runic reinforcement. In most cases this is because whatever you've made emits something (light, sound, an explosion) that you need it to not emit ALL THE TIME.

>>45038228
Paranoia and greed are popular ones, as are various forms of diseases. The classic 'curse of the mummy' has hit a lot of folks who dared to steal from a necromancer's hoard.

To be honest it's also hit a lot of forgetful necromancers who didn't write down where the uncursed gold was.
>>
>>45039002
>To be honest it's also hit a lot of forgetful necromancers who didn't write down where the uncursed gold was.
Reading of the wills must get awkward.
>>
>>45039107

>"...and to my daughter Allison goes whichever of my sceptres doesn't turn its wielder into a potted tulip. I would advise you have a zombie test them, unless you're too incompetent to control one, in which case I'm posthumously disowning you."
>>
>>45040042
>come on, let it go
>no
>it's been 50 years!
>those coins made me BALD
>balding is common at your age
>it happened when i was 8, you damned senile ghost!
>>
Idle thought about the baron.
Buuuut if Lora talking with us prevents her from being summoned, Bri can simply _sleep_ through the boss fight with the Baron, and they won't be able to use Lora.
Yay, minions!
>>
>>45040314
I feel thatwe should save that trump card for later
>>
Remember to up-vote in the archives to let archive anons know this is worth reading.
>>
>>45040366

All we'd need to do later is get a tranquilizer and use it on ourselves before the bosses.

This might be the first quest (or piece of media in any form) where the best course of action for the protagonist during boss fights is literally 'sleep'.
>>
>>45037473
Alright, this's got my cogs turning.
First: What about Electrum? As an alloy of gold and silver, is it something of a halfway point between usefulness/uselessness?
Second: What alloys work for healing magics? I would presume gold, as it is relatively immune to death; however, being timeless does not contribute to healing I feel.
Third: What is the right thing to call people with access to magic? Would "magician" work as a blanket term?
Fourth:What is Honey's relationship to death. Honey is one of the only foods that are effectively timeless; if it has a relationship to death similar to gold's could you hypothetically entrap necromantic energies by drowning them in sweet, viscous, golden bliss?
Fifth: Vox, are you making these lore rules as you go, or did you already map them out? Regardless, you have my respect, as the first means that you've meticulously plotted everything out; the second, that you're deciding these things on the fly while making sure they don't contradict each other.

Also I can't help but want Nate to sing this to Bri and Amy on a triple date:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiiyq2xrSI0
>>
>>45040796

1. I'd presume it depends on whether electrum decays. Or whether an alloy would work at all (whether magic requires pure metals).
2. Presuming you meant metals rather than alloys, I could see the 'opposite' metals work for healing as for death magic. Healing could be "restoring to its proper state", and since gold is ALWAYS in its 'proper state', it works well for it.
3. I'd presume magician or mage would be the general term, though I can see a layman using a specialist word like wizard or sorcerer to describe all magic users because he doesn't know that the differences in magic exist.
4. Presumably similar to gold, yeah. Though food in general probably has different rules from metal.
5. He mentioned that he didn't plan on the quest being so successful, so presumably he had a loose framework that he filled in when it became clear to him that he'd actually need it down the line.
>>
>>45040648
> This might be the first quest (or piece of media in any form) where the best course of action for the protagonist during boss fights is literally 'sleep'.

You know, I didn't do this on purpose but goddamn if I'm gonna disallow it if anon wants to try it. 's clever.

>>45040796
> Electrum

Oh man this takes me back. The last time I thought about Electrum I was still playing 2e and I was divvying up loot with my party. Thinking about it, custom-made electrum parts could be useful for delayed-burn triggers - almost like a fuse - but it's doubtful anyone's thought of it just yet, if only because they'd probably use an /actual fuse/ in most cases. I may have to get back to you on this one.

> Healing alloys
Less than you might think. Once you get to the actual sorcery of healing - past the mundane efforts and the alchemy - there's very little besides raw will, knowledge, and danger. Healers that resort to sorcery are in for a hell of a ride and generally need someone on hand to pull them off before they go too far, not because they can't stop but because they often won't. Doctors working on their own have 'die bleeding out the eyes and nostrils' as a professional hazard.

> What is the right thing to call people with access to magic? Would "magician" work as a blanket term?

Theoretically anyone can use magic. Some people are more magically sensitive and are generally referred to as 'sighted' or 'attuned'. A practitioner of magic is a 'sorcerer' or 'sorceress'; academics sometimes call themselves 'wizards' but this is falling back out of fashion.
>>
>>45040648
Yes, but the Baron "only" has Lora and fast-dwindling goons.

Better to save this countermeasure for a more dangerous holder, someone who COULD try Lora, and only WILL try if they don't think we can do this.
>>
>>45040796
>>45041219
> Honey
While heavily associated with sorcerers, honey doesn't have many especially magical uses. It is, however, used in and around sorcerers - and especially healers - a /lot/. Doctors use it to sweeten calming or healing brews, sorcerers of all stripes will use it in coffee or tea, necromancers favor it to tease out long-dead ghosts with the strong, sweet flavor, and mead (honey wine) is a frequent offering to the dead as well. When it /is/ used in magical workings, honey is favored for attracting (or killing) small insects & pests, and for preserving cuttings of flowers or creatures that are on their way to death but not, as it were, quite dead yet.

> Did I plan any of this
The tropes and themes? Sure. The specific expressions? HA HA, NO, NOT EVEN A LITTLE. Been trying to keep things straight ever since, following those narrative guidelines as I can. To be honest these sets of questions kinda terrify me a little 'cause I'm trying to keep things in that narrative zone rather than into, well...hard mechanics? Not quite the expression, but I think you get my meaning. Which is not to discourage you from asking questions! It's just, well. Y'know.
>>
>>45041240

But if they know we can, then they won't try her at all. Thus ensuring there's no chance of her killing someone in the space of time between them summoning her and us going unconscious.

The Baron's planning to use Lora as his FIRST resort when we finally get to him. He might already have summoned her when we arrive. Pulling her into a dream will be a lot more secure a way of ensuring she doesn't kill anyone than the 'throw Kat, Fetch, the squire chickens, and Vim and Vigor" at her approach that we're currently pondering.
>>
>>45041393
On the flip side, you don't know what the Baron's capable of. Brianna may be of more use against him present than absent, especially considering that she can, in theory, die "safely".

That said, continue to plan as you like. Like I said above, the sleep idea fascinates me. I would never have thought of it on my own.
>>
>>45041393
>But if they know we can, then they won't try her at all
that's what I'm saying? Don't waste it on the Baron, save it for someone else.
>>
>>45041438

We can handle the other shit they throw at us. Unless they have another angel working for them, Lora is literally the most dangerous of their potential forces in an actual fight; keeping them from using her in the first place is a very good thing.

Plus you're assuming they're going to find out about the sleeping trick.
>>
>>45041497
>Lora is literally the most dangerous of their potential forces in an actual fight
that's the point: I want them to keep thinking that. Let them center their strategies around that one tactic, devoting resources that could have been used in less easily bypassed methods.

>Plus you're assuming they're going to find out about the sleeping trick.
I'm hedging my bets there, is there a problem?
>>
>>45041497
also pointing out that Poet knew about Bri's notdying thing.
>>
>>45041537
The Baron has focused his strategy around this one tactic. None of the others have, and none of the others may do so.

Besides, this tactic takes us out of the fight. Against someone who is better prepared, we *can't* use this, because we can't just fall asleep in the middle of combat after breaking through their other defenses.

Let's use it now. The risk is the lowest it'll ever be, since we've been told the Baron has little else besides the chain to use.

And if it makes them cautious about using Lora, that's good. Because we're unlikely to ever consider this tactic again given the drawbacks.
>>
>>45041626
There's one flaw in the plan that I'm seeing, the chain *might* be able to force her out of her space, whether we're sleeping or not.
>>
>>45041728

I think she's mentioned that the space trumps their summoning her; back when she was being raped, I don't think she'd have mentioned that us falling asleep earlier could have stopped them if they could have just pulled her back out instantly.
>>
>>45041626
>>45041728
I'm unconvinced. It may be an uncertain bet, but spending it here and now for mostly guaranteed returns feels like too much investment for too little risk reduction. The Baron's already on the ropes.

And I have to point out that with both Vintner and the necromancer, Bri had plenty of opportunity to sleep. I'm not saying it'll happen again, but there's a not insignificant chance that it could with the way necromancy drains the user. Even if it never happens, I'd prefer to keep an extra card in the hand.
>>
>>45037482
>It might be useful as a kind of insulator,

This is a good point. Since gold resonates so poorly with Death, can it be used as shielding or insulation to block necromantic effects? For example, could a suit of armor be gold-plated to increase the wearer's protection from necromantic attacks? Could a wraithsteel item be gold-plated to allow a necromancer to use it while protecting the wraithsteel from the rotting effects of the necromancy? Could Verve be gold-plated to protect it from enemy necromancers rotting it?
>>
>>45041728
That is a risk. We've seen that the Moneylender couldn't use the chain to keep Lora from talking to us as we slept, though. It's incredibly likely that Lora couldn't be brought out of the dreamscape while we slept since that would keep her from talking to us.
>>45041765
Also this.

Now, if the chain can impart other benefits, such as necromantic power, that might work. But it'd limit the Baron considerably by restricting access to Lora herself, and if the others push hard enough he might not realize what we've done and work around it quickly enough.

I'd still lean towards using the trick.

>>45041789
Concerning our opportunity to sleep, I realize we do that quite often. But it isn't easily weaponized. You've said it yourself; the Baron is on the ropes, and we're still debating this. If you have trouble using this to take away his sole trump card, how will you feel about using this tactic when other chainholders have a stronger position?

Ultimately, this is a niche skill. I don't think we'll *ever* have the chance to use this in a meaningful way again, because we won't be able to afford having Bri miss the first several rounds on combat just to keep the chainholders from calling on Lora at the end. It'll only be worth it now because we know the Baron will open with this move, unlike the others.
>>
Will Bri's link with Fetch work between the sleeping room and the physical world? If she sleeps through the battle with the Baron (and I really think she should, regardless of how this question goes), will she be able to stay in touch with her loyal death knight?
>>
>>45042089
Bri's mind & soul are definitely more than a mile from Fetch while she's asleep.
>>
>>45041894
>how will you feel about using this tactic when other chainholders have a stronger position?
better? "It's a good thing I can take pressure off my party members by removing Lora from the field, letting them focus on the OTHER thing they're fighting?"

I think we WILL have the chance, because we CAN afford to have the necromancer who spent time on potions, herbs, and minions to sit things out. Bri has the swordcane, but technically she can lend that to Nate and let Verve fight by itself.

The only other ability Bri has is deathstealth, which is explicitly difficult for her to use in combat scenarios.

Well, I have to go. If you aren't convinced, then that's that.
>>
>>45042120
Ooh, you should play Darkest Dungeon. I'm sure it'll do wonders for your stress levels in general.
>>
>>45042165

>It's a good thing I can take pressure off my party members by removing Lora from the field

You think that ensuring Lora isn't there IN THE FIRST PLACE is a worse option? If they know Lora is unreliable, we can stay awake and fighting alongside our party rather than knocking ourselves out and removing both of us from the field.
>>
>>45042295
Wouldn't that mean theyd ALWAYS bring Lora out, to take Bri out of the fight?
>>
Rather random thought, but I have an idea for a nickname for Nate in the vein of Amy's Shankbird.

The Two-Legged Hero.
>>
>>45042409

Not necessarily; the argument is that they wouldn't risk relying on her like the Baron is. Invoking the chain is apparently SERIOUS BUISNESS, so presumably they wouldn't use it knowing that their opponent could easily prevent it from having any effect.

Bri herself isn't enough of a threat for them to be willing to invoke Lora just so that she's not fighting them.
>>
>>45042165
...you remember her summoning Aunt Carol to fuck up everyone in the prison, right? Also, we summoned Mark to kick a giant crocodile's ass.

Bri's got plenty of power thanks to her summons, it just comes with a cost. Generally speaking, we've been willing to pay that cost for grand offensive purposes. It might have limits, but if we've hit those limits in combat and everything around us isn't *deader than dead*, we've fucked up bad.

Now, if we're concerned about running ourselves ragged before our epic fights, then that's on us to ration our powers better. We were sidelined *because* we'd been using our powers so much. A summon while assaulting the Shaft would have helped greatly. We didn't need it, fortunately, but we had a close call with Silence that we may have been able to avoid entirely with the additional firepower.

We can also look further into non-magical fighting options if we want to conserve power. Sword-fighting is one way. Others may open up. Alchemy as a path to grenadier, perhaps?

>>45042409
How would it take us out of the fight? If we're in combat and they summon Lora, we can't just get knocked out. Then everyone has to focus on defending our unconscious body during a fight.

Honestly, I'm confused why the others *haven't* opened with Lora in every fight. Even if she can't hurt us, she could still hurt our allies. You'd think the Vintner and the Moneylender would have capitalized on it, but they didn't. I have to imagine using the chain comes with a cost that only the Baron was willing to pay. Probably had to do with his immortality by shoving 'death' onto his slaves.
>>
I'm not sure I like the sleep idea here, not because I think we'll have a better opportunity later, but because we already have a pretty good way of dealing with Lora that the Baron doesn't know about. It seems to me like the sleep one is always gonna work, but using Kat and Fetch against her is only gonna be super effective if they don't know about it. And frankly, the further down we go, the more likely the chain holder we're up against knows what they're doing.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 500x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 500x360
>>45042429

Wait, wha-

Oh. Oh, you dirty sonofabitch.
>>
We never did bottle some death did we.
>>
>>45042524
>How would it take us out of the fight? If we're in combat and they summon Lora, we can't just get knocked out. Then everyone has to focus on defending our unconscious body during a fight.
Well, if we really wanted to we could get some sort of 'not-chloroform', call amy, pass out and have her chuck us out of the fight.

And on this thought, is getting 'knocked out' the same as 'going to sleep' in regards to seeing Lora? If they manage to be different our sleeping tactic has much less battle potential.
>>
>>45043341
>and they summon Lora, we can't just get knocked out.
Oh, wait, I just realized our sleep tactic will only work pre-emptively. There's no way we can use it mid battle as the entire reason as to us using it is because they cant. If you flip it around if they've already summoned Lora then we can't meet her because that would be 'taking her away' from the other holders.
>>
>>45043413

Again, the rape thing.

From my understanding of what she said, we took her away from them while they were still 'using' her. Us sleeping apparently trumps every other summoning method.
>>
>>45043461
My understanding of it was we met her like immediately after he was done.
>>
Weighing in with my two bits before bed.

Kidnapping Lora via Sleep is an ace in the hole that's pretty situational. It's a good trick that's pretty much just good the one time, because it relies on us predicting the flow of when they're gonna want her, and ensuring we're unconscious for that amount of time. It also means that, since Lora's with us, she can't be the on-site deus ex machina, like with the Moneylender.

While we know that the Baron's going to do it, this is also a time when we have a solid enough counter. He's going to have Lora attack our friends, and we're going to have our shadow and familiar standing by. We don't need to use it now, so let's not. The Baron's on the ropes in pretty much every respect, so I don't want to burn an ace card on it.

Besides, we're barely a third of the way down the list. Somebody else is going to get trigger happy with Lora, someone is probably more reliant on her, and I want to be able to use this card then. The Baron's desperate, and this is his last card. I want to try this against someone who we know's going to pull it out a lot quicker.

Because they're going to be a lot more open to a sudden visit from the shank fairy.
>>
>>45044126

>the shank fairy

Shank/bird/, anon.

Though I can totally see Roost harpies teaching their kids about the Shank Fairy, who will happily murder the enemies of good little boys and girls that leave well-made improvised stabbing implements under their pillows (or whatever the equivalent thing to pillows they have is).
>>
>>45044126
>someone is probably more reliant on her,

We've been explicitly told that they're not, that the Baron and /only/ the Baron is willing to bring her out for anything less than the last-est and desperate-est of desperate last resorts.


> because it relies on us predicting the flow of when they're gonna want her, and ensuring we're unconscious for that amount of time

Exactly why saving it for later is just wasting it, since this is something we can do readily in this fight, and will probably never be able to do again far enough in advance and with enough precision and reliability for it to be a workable tactic. There is no saving this shit. We use it now or we don't, but either way it will almost certainly never work again.
>>
>>45042429
You filthy, magnificent bastard. You I like.

I think the idea to deprive the Baron/another Chain-Holder should be discussed with Amy and Nate as well. At least that way, they'll be aware of the risk involved, rather than have to deal with 'Surprise Naptime'.
>>
>>45044532

Anything we decide to do will need to be discussed with them and with our other allies. That's what war counsels and the like are for. That's nothing special for that one particular plan, we shouldn't be needlessly exposing our allies to any sort of surprise on the battlefield.
>>
>>45042165
Did you link the wrong post on this? I've been in favor of using the sleep trick from the start, but my post that you linked isn't even about that; it's about the possibility of using gold plating to protect people and wraithsteel from necromantic attacks.
>>
>>45044720
Whoops, sorry. Was rushing to close laptop.

Goot thing i quoted the text anyway
>>
There are certain things we should keep track of, just so we don't forget that we have options.

1) Brianna is still experimenting with talismans, which means she could come up with something new to give the Hero and Best Bird, (such as something to protect them from harmful illusions or stop blood loss in the case of serious wounds).

2) Little miss Necromancer is also still experimenting in other branches of the art, and can learn new abilities to make her more versatile in and out of combat (such as the poisoned bone-spur in her arm).

3) We previously discussed acquiring a bigass dire boar to make a tanky minion, as well as transforming Vim and Vigor into bone scorpions.
>>
>>45045537
and the witchlight bat as a low cost scout/distraction

>>45042524
you're right, I DID forget about summoning. Something about needing to constantly bleed JUST to negotiate what exactly you're going to pay kinda put me off it.

But in retrospect, the costs haven't been THAT bad, so...


Even then, that just strengthen's my point: we can summon something and THEN go to sleep from blood loss.

And don't even need to show it is strictly better in raw combat potential. The point is that this is something they DO NOT KNOW, and that we can take advantage of that on someone who is not yet already about to lose.

>>45044498
>probably never be able to do again far enough in advance and with enough precision and reliability for it to be a workable tactic. There is no saving this shit. We use it now or we don't, but either way it will almost certainly never work again.
I disagree, but in terms of proof, I don't know if Lora is only "bound" to Bri in REM sleep, and any other of the specifics of this tactic.
>>
I forget, did we talk to Lora while we were paying off whatshisname? The Asshole Cousin? (Nick?) Could we put out a classified ad with the family: Wanted, ghost to share in an adventure?
>>
Hm, the more I think about it, the smarter the sleep idea seems. The Baron's One Weird Trick IS summoning Lora. We're not gonna get a better situation than this. (Unless you're one of those types who saves using the BFG9k until after the final boss fight, "just in case".)

But something I wonder about: what happens afterwards? Like, the chain is broken, Lora is scheduled to appear to reap the Baron's soul into her sword, fog starts rolling and... now what?
Does that have precedence over the sleep contact with Bri? Is it a voluntary thing of Lora?


Most importantly: What games should they play during her sleep? Take a deck of cards with you, Bri. ;P
(She'll need to be out for the duration of the battle too, but I bet she knows some herbs/teas to help with that.)
>>
>>45046963
>until after the final boss fight, "just in case"
>thinking the Baron is the final boss
we're not even halfway, dude.
>>
>>45047068
Do reread what he wrote. He never implied that the Baron was the final boss.
>>
>>45047089
yes, I was aware. I was pointing out how the the Elixir Problem doesn't apply when we aren't even halfway, we ALREADY have a gameplan without the trick, and there's no reason making an easy fight easier if we can make a hard fight closer to normal.
>>
>>45047104
Why didin't you then write that, instead of "We're not even halfway, dude" right below ">Thinking the baron is the final boss"
>>
>>45047119
1) Because the accusation of the Elixir Problem was hardly fair given the circumstances
2) Because I'm salty and I have not been proven wrong
and 3) Because fuck you I'm sleepy

good night
>>
Small problem with the sleep plan. Tranquilizers do not put you to sleep. They render you unconscious. Now a sedative like ketamine oh the other hand...
>>
>>45047588

I don't think we've been knocked out since all this started; we might summon Lora through unconsciousness of any form, not just sleep.

Something to ask Vox about.
>>
>>45047151
>and I have not been proven wrong

Except by half the posts on this thread. For example, you still haven't addressed the part where Vox already EXPLICITLY STATED that the Baron is the ONLY ONE of the Chain-bearers who would dare summon Lora for anything short of the same desperate as-they-killing-blow-swings-at-them kinda thing that the Moneychanger did it for.

> Because the accusation of the Elixir Problem was hardly fair given the circumstances

I take it the "Elixer Problem" refers to the thing about the BFG9k? Because if it does, then yes, it was fairer than literally any comment you have made in this entire debate, because everything you've tried to cite against it is counterfactual to things Vox himself has explicitly and directly told us.
>>
>>45047151
sweet dreams
>>
>>45047151
Good night, sweet prince
>>
>>45048310
This is very important to find out, it actually opens a lot of windows, imagine a battle, where the baron, with loras help, is getting the upper hand, and our response is to have nathen club us over the head.
>>
>>45048310
>>45049080
Another question, can a harpy sing a lullaby?
>>
>>45048669

The Baron just represents the first one to do so. We're literally at stage four of thirteen, and I'd really prefer not to use this exploit now, since it feels like it'd be wasted.

Use it on literally anybody else, but I want to at least break through Baron IRON, COLD IRON without having to cheat away his divine advantage. He lived by side-stepping the consequences of every action he could, even pushing his wounds and afflictions onto others. I want Bri to again serve as a counter-point to him.

The Vintner's cruel experiments, to Bri's respecting Kell's wishes to make him into a giant skeleton.

The Moneylender's greed to the La Croix's respect for the dead.

The Poet's tearful regrets, to the Necromancer doing what's right.

And now, for the Iron Baron who never fought, Brianna will come for him personally.
>>
>>45050103
>And now, for the Iron Baron who never fought, Brianna will come for him personally.

And stab him in the dick.
>>
>>45050241

Whatever works. Lots of blood down there to lose.
>>
>>45050103
>The Baron just represents the first one to do so.

Learn to read, you dumbass motherfucker! As I've pointed out a half-dozen times now, and others have as well, he is NOT "just the first one we've run into". At the same time we found out that he would do it, we also were EXPLICITLY TOLD that he's the ONLY ONE, that NONE OF THE OTHERS WILL EVER DO IT!!!

How the fuck does someone as profoundly stupid as you manage to get an internet connection to work?
>>
>>45050103
>He lived by side-stepping the consequences of every action he could, even pushing his wounds and afflictions onto others. I want Bri to again serve as a counter-point to him.

How is Bri using the sleeping trick "side-stepping the consequences" of Bri's actions? The Baron's access to the angel summons is not in any way a "consequence of Bri's actions".
>>
>>45050533
Calm yourself, anon. Circumstances can change; what Lora said is that unlike his peers, he's not afraid to use her as a first resort. That's not quite the same as 'no one else will do this'.

Mornin' folks. Prolly gonna update this evening. Got some Professional Stuff to do today while I'm taking my break.
>>
>>45050578
>That's not quite the same as 'no one else will do this'.

It is exactly the same as that when the "this" in "do this" /is/ "using her as a first resort".
>>
>>45050612

Yeah...you completely missed the part of that that's important.

"He's not afraid to" is not the same as "no one else will."

They might not—they might be too afraid of the consequences.

But they might become *more* afraid of Bri. Especially after she beats the Baron.

Furthermore, "not as a first resort" is a long road from "only ever as a last resort."

...Generally, I'd advise avoiding getting too worked up over absolutes.
>>
>>45050578

Here's an interesting question for you, Vox. (Apologies if it's been answered before; if so, I've forgotten...)

To what extent, if any, does holding a Chain expose the mind/intent/plans/whatever of a Chain-holder to Lora?
>>
>>45050701
Not in any special telepathic sense, but Lora is clever and observant, and often has to show up in person to break the laws that need broken. Some holders are chattier than others about their intentions and they're now quite worried about that since it turns out MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T RUN OFF AT THE MOUTH ABOUT YOUR EVIL PLOTS.

Lora's also got a strong sense of the Dungeon but what she can communicate about it has been, as you've observed, sharply limited. She's bad at picking out individual people but she has a good sense of events within the Dungeon and the mood of the cultures that move through it.
>>
>>45050612
The Baron will not hesitate to bring out Lora in the opening round. That doesn't mean that he will when we face him, it just means that the nuclear option is always as likely as any other.

Other Chain holders might have qualms or hesitations about bring down the angel as anything other than a last resort. If Bri gets to them however, and they feel that the situation is dire enough, they might not even wait as long as the Baron already has before calling Lora.
>>
>>45050795

Can we get an answer as to whether we'll summon Lora with any form of unconsciousness, rather than just sleep?

And as to whether our summoning her trumps the chainholders? (If they summon her, we can fall asleep and pull her away from them, and they can't pull her back away from us?)
>>
>>45051027
Sounds like something to ask Lora.
>>
>>45051354

Questions are mounting faster than chances to ask. Looks like we may have to bite the bullet and do something really drastic, for the greater good: go off caffeine. No coffee for a couple of days, and maybe we can stay asleep long enough for more than a few minutes of conversation per night.
>>
File: 1430441008297.jpg (89 KB, 640x462) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1430441008297.jpg
89 KB, 640x462
>>45051436
My god.
>>
>>45051436

>[angry Brianna noises]
>>
>>45051436
Slander! Blasphemy! I will have satisfaction sir!
>>
>>45051567
Y'know, Brianna would respond in the /exact/ same fashion if someone were to tell her that. And then threaten their life for daring to disrespect the most precious, /precious fucking coffee/.
>>
>>45050533

Calm down, friend. No need to start throwin' around insults. See below, the word of Vox.

>>45050578

Now then, that's taken care of, so...

>>45050566

The point is not using the sleeping trick, so we can stab him directly in the face. We face him head on. Unlike the Baron, who has forced his wounds onto other people, forced other people to fight for him, and is going to make Lora try to kill Nate and Amy.

>>45050795

About what I expected. There's probably also the fact that she was struggling against them before, so they've been trying to break her psychologically. Fortunately, given that Lora's an angel, this is kind of difficult. And given Bri's progress, it's probably now more or less impossible.

... Speaking of Chain Holders, though... Hey, Vox? Have we observed any differences between the chains we've seen? Length, number of links, corrosion, anything like that? I mean, I'm pretty sure Bri never even saw the Vintner's chain, and we were kind of distracted by the fight with the Moneylender and the Poet's card game to really note much, but were there any differences we could see between them?
>>
God this quest has the most tumblr tier triggered audience in history.
>>
>>45053140
Not a lot of call for that, anon. Besides, just about every quest has subjects that cause arguments and shitstorms. Go hit the backlog of KCQ sometime and stare in awe at some of those flare-ups. This? This is nothin'. This is shockingly polite, to be frank.
>>
>>45053140
???
>>
File: 1449982953409.jpg (47 KB, 540x474) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449982953409.jpg
47 KB, 540x474
>>45053140
>>
5 am counts as awake, right?

>>45050612
>>45048669
>>45048669
I was wondering where you were getting the idea that he was the ONLY one who would ever try.

You keep saying that this is the absolute best opportunity to do it, but we kinda bypassed the whole "first resort" thing when we struck first to remove his infinite lives exploit. All it would take for a different chainholder to POSSIBLY summon Lora before the Baron is to have the initiative. That's not very hard for 9 more chainholders, at least a couple of them will choose to strike first, possibly with stealth so Lora can appear and they're safely hidden away nearby.

> it was fairer than literally any comment you have made in this entire debate
Really. I'm pretty sure I'VE been the one citing fact after fact about how Bri's skillset affords her the chance to drop out of the fight, and how we're plenty prepared to face him WITHOUT the sleep trick.


Just incase I'm incoherently babbling, let me try that again:

The Baron would summon Lora as the "first resort" to ANY perceived threat. We did not just do a "perceived threat", we completely crippled the one thing his strategy centered around. Between losing the infinite lives, and the Traitor's abandonment, he's already rather close to "last resort".

The other chainholders might not be quicker on the triggerfinger, but that doesn't mean we will be able to cripple in them in a single move, like with the Baron. Moreover, we can't always expect that they'll be hiding behind waves of flunkies, they could be prepared to Split The Party and personally fight in advantageous positions.

Example 1: summoning Lora and hiding, using the time to escape/heal up/go in for the kill
Example 2: taking someone hostage with Lora, a desperate move to save one's life with a stalemate.
>>
>>45053140
That part where people were sperging about art made me want to vomit.
>>
>>45053183
"As someone who games with two transwomen who are some of the best players I've ever had the pleasure to game with, I can safely say you don't know what you're talking about and you need to fuck off."

The fact that this was said unironically on 4chan is hilarious. I'm waiting for Vox to include the token transgender character to appeal to the Dragon Age 2 audience.
>>
>>45053342
That... Fuck I don't have a good counter argument. Also what about Fetch, the undead hen that acts like a rooster knight?
>>
>>45053342
Huh, that is pretty tumblr
>>
>>45053342
>>45053390
>>45053457
> Telling someone to fuck off based on your own life experiences
> Not a 4chan thing

I'm sorry, I'm confused. Is there a particular reason this is different from literally any other argument in which one participant has experience with the thing in question and the other doesn't? I've got trans folks in my audience the same way I have other folks in my audience. They're welcome, same as you. Dunno why there's a need to pick a fight.

>>45053041
Each chain, with the exception of the Master's leash, is identical to each other chain.
>>
>>45053513
If that doesn't sound tumblr tier to you Vox then I have bad fucking news.

You're tumblr tier.

That or you have never been acquainted at all with that site. And if you know 4chan at all, I doubt that latter idea because bitching about tumblr is a 4chan thing.

Thankfully there's enough problematic content in your quest that I can call you out as a problematic fave.
>>
>>45053513
I think the guy calling it tumblr was referring to someone on 4chan getting upset at a trans person getting made fun of. I could be wrong though because I honestly don't care about this conversation.
>>
>>45053513
>I've got trans folks in my audience
[Citation Required]
>>
>>45053513

>Each chain, with the exception of the Master's leash, is identical to each other chain.

Hum, so much for each link representing a measure of power or something. I'd been thinking about what they pay for their power, and was starting to wonder if they only had so many 'invocations' to draw on, before they ran out. Invocations that could've been conveniently been represented on the chain.

Also, the Master has a leash. We knew this before, but I can't help but wonder what's up with that. It could just be that he's a dude that enjoys mocking people, or maybe it's an artifact of the fact that as the holder of the first/last binding, his hold is a bit more tenuous then the others. Maybe it's a weaker version, because it was the first one they managed to get on her. And then, once they did, they could make her submit to more bindings with actual chains.

And again, I wonder who the Master really is. There's literally tons of mysteries about the dungeon, things that nobody knows. But he not only knew that Lora was down there, he brought in a crew specifically to bind her, pulled it off, and is working toward something that seems even bigger. So, who the hell is this guy? A fragment of that dead/murdered god? A devil of some kind?
>>
>>45053682
Statistically, it's quite possible.
It's also possible that he knows them.
>>
>>45053682
...No? I mean, I can say that when I started the quest off I threw the link at various chats I participated in with folks that I know personally but it's not like I can prove it or want to bother to do so. This should not be a big deal.

>>45053702
As Lora said, these things have rules and consequences. Those chains bind two ways. The leash does not.
>>
>>45053755
>This should not be a big deal.
then don't make it one?
>>
>>45053734
Let's see.

About 3 in 1000 are trans.

Vox has, maybe, 100 people who regularly view his quest and that's sort of a high estimate.

What are the odds of him having no trans fans? (that rhymed)

The math I'm doing, which may be wrong, has the odds of him having more than 0 trans fan at around 25 %, with around 75% of him having no trans fans.

The odds of him having a transgender fan is statistically significant, even if, by the numbers, there is a good chance he does not.
>>
>>45053342
Oh, someone citing my post in favor of how tumblr-ish the thread is. I was kind of wondering when that would happen. I'm shocked it wasn't immediate, really.

Let me just say this: If you think I'm gonna just sit by as people talk shit about my /gamer/ friends, on /tg/, you have another thing coming. This has nothing to do with my being "triggered", or even really offended. It has do to with the fact that as a gamer, I stand by my fellow gamers, and I will /not/ see them slandered. Not on these grounds or any others.
>>
>>45053947
Nobody cares, fuck off.
>>
>>45053947
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA plz tell me you're joking,
>>
>>45053947
Friend, I appreciate the perspective but it's 4chan. Picking a fight here never ends well for the person doing it. Let it slide and we'll all move on with out lives and/or the quest.
>>
>>45054035
>>45054062
There we go. There's the immediate backlash I was expecting. Thanks for validating my low opinions.

In any case, I've said my piece on this subject. Not really interested in derailing the thread further, because, you know, I'm actually here for the quest. So I think I'll shut up on the subject, and would kindly ask that others do the same, so we can get back to questing.
>>
File: download.jpg (11 KB, 212x238) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download.jpg
11 KB, 212x238
>>45053342
>>45053947
>>
>>45054174
Nah, think I'll be the one to get the last word in.

You're a gigantic faggot.
>>
>>45054174
Go back to nursing your friends infected axe wounds.
>>
File: coffee2.jpg (99 KB, 850x850) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
coffee2.jpg
99 KB, 850x850
Are you guys done yet?

>>45053755

>As Lora said, these things have rules and consequences. Those chains bind two ways. The leash does not.

... That's pretty neat, actually. I wonder what exactly the binding on the Chain Holders is. Maybe it's some sort of group compact? They literally 'sell their souls' to her, but have wide open negotiating power on their end? Hence why without the chain to hold her back, she gets to grab their spirits and do whatever with them?

Or perhaps it's something else. Like, they share a bank account, and as long as no one over-draws from it, the bank doesn't foreclose on them. But the more they draw, the more likely it is the bank sends someone to come take a look, or to repossess their house if they overspend?
>>
>>45053702
Vox already mentioned that power is redistributed everytime a holder dies
>>
File: The Creator.jpg (40 KB, 480x314) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
The Creator.jpg
40 KB, 480x314
>>45054505
>Are you guys done yet?

No and fuck you for asking you cunt.
>>
>>45053603
Shouldn't the fact that Vox is unfamiliar with the cesspit that is Tumblr be considered a /good/ thing?
>>
>>45053755
>As Lora said, these things have rules and consequences. Those chains bind two ways. The leash does not.

This is obviously talking /very/ long term here, but this implies to me that the Master is almost certainly gonna summon Lora as a first, second, and last resort, when we get to him. So one way or another, we should make sure we've got plenty of ways to deal with her by then.
>>
>>45054510

Well, yeah. We knew that. I'm just trying to speculate on what exactly the binding on the Chain Holders is.

>>45054610

Seems about right.

... Now, see, if we were going to use the sleep cheat against anyone, I'd want to use it against this guy.
>>
On the Lora conversation thread, remember that she told us that she can't be made to directly harm Bri, and by extension Kat and Fetch. Assuming we don't go for the sleep solution, this will be our main defense against her. Have those three restrain Lora.
>>
>>45055661
Alternatively
> Strap ourselves to Nate
> Strap Fetch and Kat to Amy
> I will be your shield
>>
>>45053682
I maybe a bit late for this, but
Hi. I'm trans, and I voted in the first thread.
[bait]fite me[/bait]
>>
>>45056977

Just as a warning, there'll be chucklefucks demanding pics to prove it.
>>
>>45057050
Woah, I want pics because boys in dresses are my fetish, not for something as crazy as assuming a person might lie on the internet.
>>
>>45057088
Not classy, but to the point.
>>
>>45057050
>>45057088
never said that i /looked/ like a girl
just wanna be one or have the sweet release of death
>>
>>45057447
>never said that i /looked/ like a girl

I promise if you slip on a dress, try your best to look pretty and send me a pic to jerk off to you'll really feel like a woman.
>>
>>45057535
There's such a thing as class.

Update tonight. Duchess and part 2 of Speech Therapy first.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1494x1972) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1494x1972
>>45057600

BASED

VOX

THE STREAK CONTINUES! 59 DAYS AND COUNTING!
>>
File: fedora.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fedora.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>45057600
>There's such a thing as class.
>>
>>45057661
I want to be mad but I'm laughing too hard. Literally spit coffee across the room.
>>
Well, this thread went in strange directions.

Should I be worried?
>>
>>45058022
Could be worse
>>
>>45058022
>Should I be worried?

Nah.
>>
>>45058022
As far as quest storms go, this is more of a poopdevil than a shitnado.
>>
>>45058642

We've had a couple diarrhea drizzles so far. I'm pretty sure we also had an actual shitstorm proper, though fuck me as to when it was.
>>
>>45058642
Yes, this. People have expressed opposing views, in some cases strongly, but the thread has not imploded, or come seriously close to doing so.

>>45058696
Ew.
>>
>>45058696
If we had a shitstorm, I didn't notice.

To be fair, I've seen quests that were fecal hurricanes the size and permanance of the Great Red Spot of Jupiter.
>>
>>45058696
I think Amy being engaged was the shitstorm.

Don't really remember it being bad, but maybe that's because I didn't care too greatly about the reveal.
>>
There have been plenty of arguments. But its only the Amy engagement, as >>45058886 pointed out, when people really started to be mad at/ threaten Vox about screwing the story up.

Everything else has been an argument between players about stupid shit.

Like the inane idea that Brigette is in any way a good person and doesn't deserve to rot in jail for the rest of her natural born life, pfft, like anyone could seriously entertain that notion. ;)
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1143x1223) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1143x1223
>the anger level of all 'shitstorms' in the quest so far
>>
>>45058022
Are you kidding? This thread was pretty much 4chan at its best. We had shit posting, someone taking the bait, and then the rest of the players taking the piss. Also, maybe incoming trap pics. Let's all clap hard and hope we can rate how feminine anons dick is.
>>
>>45058846
Fucking Banished Quest has reached some sort of ur-shitposting state. What do you do when the QM shit posts more than anyone else while drunk as fuck?

Also has best waifu.
>>
>part 4 started in thread 22
>we're on thread 36, soon to be 37
>part 4 has taken up nearly half the quest
>>
>>45059210
>incoming trap pics
Stopping you right there to say no
>>
>>45058846
I will forever remember how HQR ended. Killed to death by shit posts. If you ever read it, stop as soon as the MC stops talking in rhymes.
>>
>>45059273
Believe me, I've noticed this too. I'm trying to put the nail in this beast's coffin so we can all move on with our lives and progress the plot.
>>
>>45059320
Don't be a faggot about this, Anon.
>>
>>45059332

It's kinda funny, given that it comes hot on the heels of not-even-four-threads part 3.

I was gonna ask if you were trying to compensate for the complaints of 3 being too short and then massively overshot it or something.
>>
>>45059332

I'm not really complaining, I've liked part four the best out of any of them. It's just going loooooong.
>>
>>45059385
I won't say that's not what happened; I will say that I didn't do it on purpose.
>>
>>45059273
Meh, the annoyances of life keeps interrupting our dear Vox's undeath. Plus, y'know, bigger challenges and side-questing plus world-building.

I'm not worried. I have faith in our precious QM. And a raging boner.
>>
>>45059332
This bit does feel unusually long, now I'm reminded of it. Not to say I'm not enjoying it, but it makes me wonder about the pacing for the whole quest.

That said, I think part of it is Vox having an actual life, and therefore threads having a less desirable ratio of story to random bullshitting by anons. Which is unfortunate, but it's not clear how we'd avoid that without Vox starving and having his house fall down, which I imagine would not be conducive to questing.
>>
>>45059332
>>45059407
We've also been asking for more info about the wider setting; magic, goblins, etc. There's only so much time in the day, and all joking aside, taking care of yourself, your family and your gainful employment takes precedence over the quest.

Or as a flamboyant and oh so very gay black hairdresser told me, "You do you, booboo!"
>>
>>45059520
>Or as a flamboyant and oh so very gay black hairdresser told me, "You do you, booboo!"

35,000 of my BEST FRIENDS are flamboyantly gay black hairdressers and I need you to know, you FUCKBOY, that if you think you have /ANY/ idea about what that's like you can go shove a cock up your arsehole, shitlord.
>>
>>45059592
Holy shit I spat out my coffee. The force of the kek this created made me waste some precious holy water.

Hope your happy
>>
>>45059592
>>45059643
I mean, shit, I'm the anon being made fun of and even I thought that was fucking hilarious. Nicely done.
>>
>>45059592
Hey, fuckboy, some of my best fucks are fuckboys, and if you think I'm gonna let some fucking boy fuck with my fucking fuckboys, then you're fucked, boy.
>>
File: 1452762323060.gif (1 MB, 256x196) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452762323060.gif
1 MB, 256x196
>>45059592
If you had added a "GOOD DAY" At the end I would have popped a lung.
>>
>>45059783
a "GOOD DAY" At the end
>>
>>45053947

So, just because they're fun to game with, you're going to insist that everyone give them, and every group they're members of, a pass on everything, no matter how unrelated it is to their gaming?

Regardless of your take on people being trans, this is a /really stupid/ reason for defending it.
>>
>>45057600

How's it going Vox?
>>
>>45059592
Best part? He's 6'2", is built like a fucking tank, and has a goddamn baritone that shakes the goddamn earth.

He's like something out of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
>>
>>45060128
Like this.

SPEECH THERAPY PART 2: http://pastebin.com/09uD61Yd
>>
>>45060590
>not going all the way and making ourselves a loli

C'mon Vox, muh fetishes. Edgy assassin loli hits a sweet spot with me.
>>
>>45060665
...so my first thought was "oh, 4chan."

Then I remembered Leon the Professional is a thing, and assassin lolis are apparently mainstream?
>>
File: sensible chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sensible chuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>45060590
I like it. The age reversal made me laugh; Bridgette just turned a highly experienced and dangerous assassin into a fucking little girl.

But now I am wondering just what the gruesome consequences of choosing one of the other words would have been...
>>
>>45060745
Well, [SCATTER] . . . . wrecked everyone pretty fucking hard as it was.
>>
So, you gonna put links to the Pastebins in the google docs, or are people just going to have to trawl your ever growing archives?
>>
Might want to make a new thread soon Vox
>>
>>45059818
FUCK

*lung pops*
>>
Linking now so I don't forget - NEW THREAD

>>45061200
>>45061200
>>45061200
>>45061200
>>
>>45060111

You want to have serious talk? Alright, I'll bite (especially since Vox just linked the new thread anyway so there's nothing to derail). It's pretty simple, really. They're my friends. I defend my friends.

To be a bit more in-depth, I also learn a lot from my friends, about things like their life experiences. I learn that if you say they're not real women, that's really fucking disrespectful. I can't even express how disrespectful, because I honestly don't have a frame of reference for it. I'd compare it to having my manhood questioned, except it's worse than that, because at the end of the day, all I have to do to reassure myself of my manhood is pull down my fucking pants. Trans people get thousands of people telling them they're wrong instead. So yeah, I don't take kindly to questioning the gender of trans people. It is to me what being called "chicken" is to Marty McFly, I'll readily admit. Because it is insulting beyond anything I can describe, and there's a level of shit you take in stride, and there's a level of shit you don't stand for. And if that makes me sound like a self-righteous pick... well, that's not entirely inaccurate.

Also, for the record, I don't give a shit if you happen to dislike someone and they happen to be trans. But I know enough trans people to know they don't deserve shit for the sorts of things they usually get shit for, so I tend to get pissed when you give them that /kind/ of shit.

I realize you may not agree with me here, but I hope that at least makes it a bit more coherent.
>>
>>45061310
Your friends are trannies and deviants.

So, I mean, they're in good company here with the rest of us fuck-ups.

> because at the end of the day, all I have to do to reassure myself of my manhood is pull down my fucking pants.

I can pretty much guarantee you that your micropenis means that this won't actually work.

I know, this is shit-posting, but when you said you wanted to have a serious talk you made that post instead so obviously you aren't taking this seriously either.

See >>45054194.

Your posts are like the opposite side of "Normies get out". Same coin, just flipped around.

So shut the fuck up and stop taking the bait if you think this is a serious issue. Otherwise I'll have to rate your friends dicks to see if they're feminine enough to pass before I'll accept you have "trans friends".

> MFW this is exactly the same a PC Bros going on about their "Black Friends" and appropriating their oppression.

> MFW the only person taking this shit seriously is you.

> MFW your tranny friends could suck every dick this side of the Mississipi, and still be less of a faggot than you are about this.

> MFW I'm just as much as a faggot as you for posting along with this bullshit. But at least I'm honest about enjoying it.

I bet you're so upset because you ERP with them and don't want to admit you're fucking a dude with tits. Remember, there no such thing as Chicks with Dicks, only Dudes with Tits.

If any Trans people are reading this and are upset, please refer to the bible of Ru Paul "Bitch, you need to get stronger".

Or at least stop posting shit on 4chan.
>>
>>45061605
Well, that was constructive. Fuck me for trying, I suppose.

And for the record, I am literally bisexual, so all this calling me a faggot and suggesting I fuck dudes and such is just the funniest fucking thing. Because you're not wrong, but somehow you still expect me to be insulted? I swear, you are comedy gold sometimes.
>>
>>45061851
dude.....did you not get the memo? Calling someone a faggot is not about whether you're ACTUALLY gay, but that you're a pansy.
Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 29
Thread DB ID: 474504



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.