[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 42

File: Karn Liberated.png (122KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Karn Liberated.png
122KB, 223x311px
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/january-18-2016-banned-and-restricted-announcement-2016-01-18

Effective Date: January 22, 2016
Magic Online Effective Date: January 27, 2016

Summer Bloom is banned.
Splinter Twin is banned.

>Modern is now a rotating format: Special Edition
>>
Reminder that Karn and Cranial Plating are next on the hit list.
>>
Calling it now

>April
Karn banned
>July
Arcbound Ravager banned
>October
IoK and Thoughtseize banned
>January 2017
Lightning Bolt and Scapeshift banned
>>
File: Emeria Titan.png (18KB, 352x732px) Image search: [Google]
Emeria Titan.png
18KB, 352x732px
I want to put Reflector Mage from Oath, Emeria Shepherd, and Geist into this.
>>
>>44817633
>IoK when MM3 will be coming out
??????????????
>>
>>44817665
No timely reinforcement?
>>
>>44817665
Well you can take out 1 or 2 Hussar and maybe one Pilgrim out for 2-3 Reflector Mage. Not sure why you want Shepherd, Titan + Emeria should be enough.
>>
>>44817752
I'm trying to keep it mainly to things that can be recurred by Sun Titan or Emeria.

Though Timely is still probably good enough to buy 2-3 turns against Burn
>>
>>44817707
>MM3 comes out with IoK
>People buy a ton
>IoK gets banned a week later

Writes itself.
>>
anyone else testing that heartless eldrazi deck?

its fun with a surprising win ratio. Only real issue is drawing multiples of legendary lands.
>>
File: WHY.jpg (92KB, 312x294px) Image search: [Google]
WHY.jpg
92KB, 312x294px
This Tron player would like to extend his most sincere and heartfelt sympathies to the former twin players. No really, I was shocked and appalled when I heard the news. I fear for my own deck now. It would seem nothing is sacred.
>>
>>44817929
You need 4 Eyes but I don't know why people run 4 Urborgs to be honest.
>>
>>44817972
At least now you have free reign to run train on just about every deck in the format. Maybe people will start playing Ad Nauseam or other combo decks to make up for the lack of Twin.
>>
>>44818019
No change to my store meta then. Already rife with storm, burn, ad naus, fish, infect... pretty much every bad match for tron is my meta.
>>
>>44818004
I am currently running 3. I think the reason people are trying 4 is particularly post-board, but running so many hand-disrutpive spells you want to make sure you hit B. On top of that, eye+borg is effectively 4 mana turn 2 for thought-knot, so IOK/thoughtseize->thought-knot is a great game plan if you dont have heartless. Having eye out without borg as well can sometimes leave you strapped on necessary mana, and eldrazi temple is actually better early game. Having a urborg ghost quartered is almost worse than having a eye at times.

>tfw still need to get eyes in paper magic
>>
>>44818172
Eye + Urborg is 3 mana
>>
This is twice now that wizards have banned a deck I use. First pod and now twin? I know twin banning isn't as back breaking as pod, but it's still a big fuck you. Thankfully I have Infect, but I can only take so much of this shit. Who else was affected by the bannings?
>>
>>44818225
Shit not really but you can't cast TKS off Eye + Urborg anyway cause you need colorless
>>
any hope of scalding tarns going down in price?

or am I still praying for reprints?
>>
>>44818259
Pray to reprints unless a ton of people sell out of Twin and build other decks. That'll flood the market with Tarns and drive down the price.
>>
>>44818259
Pray.
>>
>>44818241
>>44818225
yeah, I dun goofed. No idea what I was thinking. Point is: shits important.
>>
>>44818019
>free reign to run train on just about every deck in the format
Except burn, living end, infect, any (suicide) zoo variant that's fast enough, abzan coco with fulminator + eternal witness recursion, loam pox.
>>
This is how you do modern

Unban: Preordain, SFM, jiite, splinter twin, bloodbraid elf, summer bloom, visions

Reprint: Counterspell, wasteland

Ban: Deciever Exarch, ancient stirrings

Agree?
>>
>>44818426
Ive seen Tron do ok vs burn thanks to wurmcoil slams, vs end because relic. Fulminator and moon still hit hard.
>>
>>44817536
>Modern is now a rotating format: Special Edition

This is the real key here, people are going to fucking freak out every year around the PT, if you thought speculation was bad before...you ain't seen nothing yet.
>>
>>44818451
Right up till you mention banning Exarch and Stirrings and you forgot to mention Deathrite for unbanning.
>>
>>44818019
But here's the thing; Twin wasn't really a combo deck. The combo portion of the deck just acted as a threat to stop the opponent from playing sloppy or not appreciating the situation they're in. It FORCED your opponent to pay attention to what you were doing. And for trying to force Modern to be an interactive format, it paid the price.
>>
>>44818451
Why ban Stirrings instead of one of the Tron lands
>>
>>44818455
If you don't rip the god opener with t3 tron Wurmcoil the burn player is either horribad at sequencing or keeping a sketchy opener if you're not dead by t4. Sideboard helps but burn also has Skullcrack and Path for Wurm. LE is not a bad MU because of the draft chaff in the yard but 4 md Fulminators and Beast Withins which don't even give you the 3/3 beater for long due to Living End still being a 3cmc wrath if they don't get anything to play. After side 4 Ingot Chewers take care of Relic assuming you even rip one.
>>
What if there was no modern banlist?

What would the top decks in the format be?
>>
>>44818606
Storm and Twin.
>>
>>44818617

no, stoneforge with jace
>>
>>44818606

Its actually been crunched out. UR Delver and Jund pretty much just take turns slapping each other with their massive dicks.
>>
>>44818639
Without Force of Will protecting you, I highly doubt it.
>>
>>44818451
>preordain, sfm, jitte, wasteland
Jeskai Delver would destroy.
>>
>>44818503
Well twin and amulet get access to preordain. Offsets the loss of exarch, and preordain is slightly worse than stirrings for bloom. Also takes a little something away from tron. I'm 50/50 on deathrite, but the amount of removal in modern might make it okay. Probably not though.

>>44818574
Tron can exist, it would just make them a little more susceptible to artifact hate. I'm trying for a higher powered format here.
>>
Reminder that Splinter Twin is playable in Legacy. Just get some Jaces, Forces, Brainstorms and Red Blasts and Volcanics and you have a playable legacy deck.
>>
>>44818667
>Preordain
>Not Ponder

Like nigger Ponder is only trumped by Brainstorm in cantrip power levels. And the difference between the two depends on whether you currently have a fetchland. Without a fetchland in play, Ponder is the best cantrip ever printed.
>>
>>44818678
only a $1500 investment.
>>
>>44818667
Tron is too degenerate to exist, just ban one of the lands and get it over with
>>
>>44818702
Ponder and brainstorm 2 stronk. Preordain's fine for modern.
>>
File: Arcbound Ravager.jpg (142KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
Arcbound Ravager.jpg
142KB, 480x680px
>>44818606
AFFINITY
>>
>>44818715
>"only", he says

Bloom was expected, but I wonder how many twinfags are shoving the card up their asses right now
>>
>>44818259
they will go down, because there most likely won't be a tier 1 URx deck anymore
>>
>>44818667
>Tron can exist
If Birthing Pod and Splinter Twin can't exist, Tron needs to GET. THE. FUCK. OUT.
>>
>>44818715
You've already dumped money into the deck, why not upgrade to the more stable format?

You still t3 exarch into t4 twin with force backup, with brainstorm instead of serum visions and if your combo plan doesn't work, you can bolt snap bolt and have Jace finish out games.
>>
Reminder that wizards doesn't have an understanding of modern
https://twitter.com/mtgaaron/with_replies
>>
>>44818667
Preordain is actually better for bloom than stirrings. Many lists ran visions and sleight of hand and no copies stirrings. The blue cantrips help you find amulet, summer boom, azusa, hive mind, and pacts while stirrings can only find you amulet and lands and amulet is the only card really wanted of the two.
>>
>>44817633
How long until Leatherback Baloth is deemed too oppressive and format-warping and is banned from Modern?
>>
>>44818797
the metagame is much harsher towards twin in legacy though, its way way harder to catch someone just tapping out t3 then exarch > twin even with force

Or you just die to storm turn 2

The deck does work but its not gonna be top teir like it is in Modern
>>
>>44818842
>banning creatures
>ever
>>
>>44818903
>What is BBE
>>
>>44818842
Kek, not before goyf it will

Hunt the hunter in my G stompy SB, kill your $$ goyfs and grin like the poor fag I am
>>
>>44818903
Tell that to drs and sfm.
>>
>>44818573
I find it hilarious that the hyperbolic shitposting from 2011 about Timmies hating counterspells because they don't get to just play lands and big beats is now the standard for which WotC is designing

People who like linear decks should kill themselves, but considering Modern's actually fairly popular, I guess that'd basically be a nerd genocide
>>
>>44818853
Legacy has a shit ton of random tier 2 decks though, even Enchantress randomly top 8's an event every now and then and I think Legacy Twin is probably better than Enchantress.
>>
>>44817665
I just use blade spoiler.
>>
>>44818606
Hypergenesis. Very consistent turn 2 kills and very disruption resilient.
>>
>>44818731
the banning of Cloud of Faeries in Pauper to hurt blue's ubiquity makes me realize the retards at WotC have absolutely no fucking clue what makes blue such a good colour
Any format where I get to play Ponder and Brainstorm is a format I'm playing blue.
>>
>>44818970
Which always seems to me like it invites overextending.
>>
>>44817633
>January 2034
>Every card with the "dredge" keyword is banned
>January 2035
>Dredge liberation front takes over R&D HQ and paints dicks everywhere
>>
>>44818903
>BBE
>SFM
>DRS
Creatures are only immune to bans in Modern if they're braindead, Anon.
As soon as Blue stops being dogshit in Modern, Snapcaster will get the axe, mark my words.
>>
>>44818842
>"We've decided to ban Leatherback Baloth as its restrictive casting cost warped decks' land bases and necessitated edge-case removal spells to deal with. We don't want cards like Leatherback Baloth to push out other contenders in mono-green decks, and its presence in the format made any other consideration impossible. With this ban, we believe mono-green decks will be far healthier and diverse now that they can play a variety of different creatures instead."
>>
>>44818997
>>44818606
Hypergenesis-Storm-12 post

And a side of UR and Jund.
>>
>>44819003
The best was why they banned it
>M-muh shitty familiar deck dude!!1

Familiar is basically a worse mono U delver.
>>
>>44818929
Decks with a linear gameplan, but many lines of play are fine. Legacy Storm is a good example. The plan is always to cast Tendrils of Agony of 20, but the way you get there through your opponent's disruption is different every time.
>>
>>44819047
>Implying wizards will ever print good blue cards in standard again
>>
>>44818606
Affinty, hypergenesis, storm
>>
>>44819013
Its a better target for flickerwisp and mortar. Geist is too much tempo oriented IMO, while splicer follows grindy value gameplan better.
>>
>>44819178
legacy storm plays discard which makes it already more interactive than 60% of the modern decks
>>
Guys. I've figured it out I think, the Twin ban was part of Oaths design all along.

Playing in the prerelease, the new colourless/wastes is literally a 6th colour you can't fix for in limited, but wizards has insisted that colourless isn't just a 6th colour.

It's not the 6th colour, it's the 5th colour, they're just nuking blue (their most hated colour) to make way for the colourless decks in Modern.
>>
How long until Snapcaster is banned?
>>
>>44818573
Really, all they needed to do was ban Deceiver Exarch, so that the twin combo would be boltable.

This opinion has been echoed so much by people across the internet that it amazes me that nobody in wotc thought of it.
>>
>>44819476
Not any time soon, because blue is basically dead in the new format.

Like, as an Esper control player, one of my best MUs just got banned, and two of my worst MUs (Burn and Tron) were just buffed.
>>
>>44819569
Going to have to cut some flex spots for maindeck Condemn for Zoo/Burn/Infect. Aggro really isn't a bad matchup for Esper and most of the time it feels like 50/50 if you play competently. The main knock against Condemn is that it doesn't hit Bob/Flip Jace but those cards won't be seeing too much play after Twin gets banned.

The only way you're beating Tron with Esper is to play a lot of V Cliques and Surgical Extractions, hitting their tron lands with Ghost Quarter.
>>
>>44819569
Also Burn is far from Esper's worst matchup if you're playing Spell Snares. How many do you run? I always pack the full 4 and I don't feel like Burn is that bad of a matchup.
>>
File: 2532535.png (616KB, 619x442px) Image search: [Google]
2532535.png
616KB, 619x442px
>tfw when linear get better and better just not the ones you like

Fuck those faggots at wotc, why is boring garbage like burn or infect allowed but actual fun linear decks aren't?
>>
>>44819664
Watching your opponent masturbate for 10+ minutes is not fun.
>>
This is my current list with Esper.

4 Celestial Colonnade
2 Hallowed Fountain
2 Watery Grave
3 Island
2 Plains
2 Drowned Catacomb
4 Path to Exile
4 Esper Charm
3 Supreme Verdict
2 Sphinx's Revelation
2 Snapcaster Mage
4 Flooded Strand
3 Polluted Delta
2 Ghost Quarter
4 Think Twice
1 White Sun's Zenith
4 Spell Snare
4 Logic Knot
3 Cryptic Command
1 Shambling Vent
1 Godless Shrine
1 Leyline of Sanctity
1 Dismember
1 Vendilion Clique
SB: 2 Stony Silence
SB: 2 Celestial Purge
SB: 3 Thoughtseize
SB: 1 Baneslayer Angel
SB: 1 Elspeth, Sun's Champion
SB: 1 Consume the Meek
SB: 1 Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir
SB: 2 Runed Halo
SB: 2 Rest in Peace

In the main I'll probably just go -1 Dismember, -1 Leyline, -1 Logic Knot, +3 Condemn.

SB I'm going to cut Teferi, Elspeth, Purge and replace them with two more Cliques, 4th Thoughtseize and probably move the Leyline to the SB.
>>
>>44818259
They're $100 right now. They were almost $140 monday.
>>
File: esper_2_electric_boogaloo.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
esper_2_electric_boogaloo.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
>>44819640
>>44819663
>>44819859
I was testing this out before the bans.

The Twin ban totally blindsided me. I was all on the SFM unban train, but now it seems pretty naive to think WotC would actually make the correct decision.

I'll probably drop the Calciform Pools for another Ghost Quarter or Drowned Catacomb, cut the Halos for something else. Maybe a Condemn and a Mystical Teachings. Find a spot for Surgical Extraction in the sideboard. Cut Teferi for more Aggro or Tron hate.

But honestly, I'm really considering cashing out of Modern and building Storm and Death and Taxes in Legacy. I don't like the way WotC has handled the format. At this point the bans are like a rotation.
>>
File: tarns.jpg (358KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tarns.jpg
358KB, 750x1000px
>>44820052
Still fine by me.
>>
>>44819694
Then scoop and lose the 2% chance to win
>>
>>44820199

That's still hundreds of dollars of value lost.
>>
File: newhotness.png (961KB, 911x429px) Image search: [Google]
newhotness.png
961KB, 911x429px
I've broken the format guys.
>>
>>44820246
I'm not selling them any time soon anyway.
>>
Now that twin is banned, is twinless twin with goryo and kiki viable?
>>
>>44818652
A single tournament does not count as 'crunching it out'. UR Delver is fine but Hypergenesis would be stronger.
>>
>>44820261
I... i don't think that works like you think that works.
>>
File: carl tired of this shit.png (158KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
carl tired of this shit.png
158KB, 450x300px
>>44820261
>for each PERMANENT put into a graveyard this turn
>>
>>44820192
See, what I think will happen is people will flock to Tron/Eldrazi, then people start playing Burn/Zoo/etc. to shit on Tron, so Esper can just tailor its sb to beat aggro (honestly I feel like most aggro matchups are 50/50 game 1 and favored post-board for me) and just give up the tron matchup.
>>
>>44820317
>>44820304
I realize that bitter ordeal doesn't generate copies on spells. But it is an interesting way of generating spells to exile with.
>>
File: 153.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
153.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>44820261
Blistering Rage isn't anything new. It's fun on paper, but realistically you need to win the turn you go off.

That said, this thing with red cantrips and pump spells such as Manamorphose and Temur Battle Rage is fucking absurd if they do not answer it when it comes down. It has the potential even more now that Expidite is coming out (R: Target creature gains haste until the end of the turn. Draw a card)
>>
File: Bant.png (2MB, 1107x652px) Image search: [Google]
Bant.png
2MB, 1107x652px
bringing this to game day, thoughts?
>>
>>44820303
HG loses to turn 1'ing a chalice on zero.
>>
>all these doomsayers
Amulet was expected to get the axe and honestly I figured Twin was going to get a key piece banned too just I thought it'd be Exarch and not Twin itself. Calm your tits they aren't going to ban Cranial Plating , Goyf or Bolt or any other ridiculous ban you think they're going to do. They like creature based aggro so nothing from Burn , Affinity or Memerange will ever get the axe.
>>
>>44820348
alright I see what you're saying, get a lot of spell copies on the stack to feed the nivmagus, I still don't think it's a good idea. what happens if he gets removed after you burned your hand out pumping him?
>>
>>44820435
Fling in response?
>>
>>44820435
You most likely lose. I'm thinking of running Imp's Mischief effects as a catch all.
>>
>>44820192
How does this deck beat burn, zoo, affinity, infect?
>>
>>44820404
What about tron? It doesn't seem unrealistic the way they are banning cards.
>>
File: loss.png (514KB, 501x632px) Image search: [Google]
loss.png
514KB, 501x632px
>>
>>44819403
lmfao
>>
>>44820383
no kiki/10
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-16-08-22-42.png (257KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-16-08-22-42.png
257KB, 1080x1920px
Itt: a bunch of fucking cry babies. Twin was a degenerate deck that warped the format and gave my unskilled players free wins. All of you can fuck off. And affinity isn't going to do shit because everyone and their mom will be siding for it, even more so with the free sideboard slots. And I very sure a deck will rise to knock trons dock in the dirt.
>>
>>44820498
You path their guide, spell snare their Command/Skullcrack/etc. (most of burn's power cards are 2 mana). Esper Charm pushes burn into topdeck mode and you have enough draw to dig into stuff. When played optimally, you can win but its usually going to be at like 2 life. Burn isn't easy, but its not a nightmare matchup at all. I'd much rather play burn than Tron.

Zoo is not that hard, Snare/Path/Condemn interact with their creatures very well and Verdict cleans stuff up. Eventually you resolve Zenith and kill them with kitties. I usually feel favored against Zoo.

Infect depends on how many dispels they draw. If they don't hit any, you're favored. The more dispels they draw, the worse the matchup is for you. Infect is about 50/50 in my experience.

Affinity comes down to not letting Cranial Plating resolve. It costs 2 mana, and if you're like me and run 4 spell snares, it probably won't resolve. Just don't let them resolve their payoff cards and you're favored. If Plating does resolve though, you're probably in trouble. You have Verdict to deal with Etched Champion, so its not even that big of a deal. Once you stabilize, affinity has a lot of really bad topdecks, so you can close out the game with collonade pretty quickly. Affinity is actually a pretty good matchup for Esper if you're not a retard.

The problem decks for Esper are big mana decks and combo decks that are hard to interact with.
>>
File: tempo_gain.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
tempo_gain.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>44820498
>>
>>44820383
reflector mage might actually be really fucking good with CoCo
>>
>>44820641
I literally had to devote 0 cards to the twin matchup because I actually bothered to play maindeck interaction.
>>
>>44820643
I feel like post-ban Spell Snare is going to be the best blue card in modern.
>>
>>44820547
Tron may get it.
Honestly without Twin the deck is still pretty solid and will still see a lot of play , a lot more play then the other UR combo deck that got axed (Storm).
>>
>>44820641
You do realize you're an idiot right? Twin was one of the less linear decks and rewarded smart plays, not idiots playing the deck.

All this ban does really is show Aaron Forsythe is a fucking idiot. Seriously read his Twitter.
>>
>>44820684
I'm taking it you play black or red,right?
Unfortunately, the other three colors can't interact on the stack efficiently. It was unfair that abrupt decay and those two red spells were the only great answers to the combo. Discard is only available in black.
>>
>>44820571
Can someone make this with deceiver exarch walking into to see Twin banned
>>
>>44820402
Kek, I run chalices MB on Utron.
It's priceless to play an platinum angel and rub it opponents faces
>>
>>44820804
I was this guy

>>44819859

My twin matchup was 60/40 in my favor and I really enjoyed playing against it.
>>
>>44820677
ive been play testing reflector
its great againnst the eldrazi decks and the bg-x decks
>>
File: oh god.png (1MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
oh god.png
1MB, 5000x5000px
>>44818733

>Affinty with all the Artifact lands
>>
Mailman came today, bringing a playlet of Serum, a Teferi, 2 Keranos, an Engineered Explosives, and a receipt reminding me that I essentially flushed $80 down the drain with my order.
>>
>>44820720
Quit being aggressively defensive and swipe than damn salt off your damn shoulder. Twin was all bolt and remand until you could combo with dispel backup. Not everyone who plays twin is "skillful". Quit fooling yourself.
>>
What's the cheapest/best way to grow your card collection in MTGO? I just got the starter kit, and built maybe the best deck I could, but still, not the best starting card base.
>>
>>44820946
drafting is the best way afaik to get cards other than just buying singles, which is what most people do.
>>
>>44820890
>Putting something together for next Friday
>Need 4 Serum Visions
>Realize that, shit, I got got plenty of Serum Visions now since I've got 2 playsets and will breaking Twin and Bloom Titan down
If this is the first time you've been affected by bans, get used to it. I've long gravitated toward broken decks and have been hit by ban plenty of times over the last 15 or so years. It happens and is part of the game. Always has been.
>>
File: it's full of stars.jpg (24KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
it's full of stars.jpg
24KB, 640x360px
>Play a lot of Drafts and a bit of Standard with the cards I get from them
>Want to get into modern so that I can play more often.
>mfw the competitive modern meta

Not only they are fucking expensive but they make a very uninteractive meta. I just want a fun deck to play that won't cost me a harm and a leg to build while still being competitive.

Right now the only viable budget deck I saw is UR Ingest and this deck is both braindead to play and so cancerous that I couldn't bring myself to play it against a friend.

Any idea of a fun, competitive deck to play in modern ? I don't want to build a homebrew to regret it when I'll get crushed at my LGS.
>>
Reminder that Wizards just wants you to draft. If Wizards had it their way, constructed formats wouldn't even exist and magic would just be draft, draft, and more draft.
>>
>>44821173
Some months ago, I was playing against Open the Vaults and the guy "accidentally" sided out his wincon.

I made him go through the motions even though he had plenty of momentum... only to watch him go through his entire deck for nothing.

Never give up, never surrender.
>>
This ban announcement has really made everyone lose their minds. Normally people are calm and will tell you to wait until the next big event before drawing conclusions...now they're running around, flailing their arms, asserting that Modern is ruined forever. Allow me to be the voice of reason: there's a PT in 3 weeks, so let's wait until the results are in, shall we? If it turns out banning Twin was a bad move you'll have my full support.
>>
>>44821252
I mean, its pretty obvious the meta will be Tron. vs. Infect/Affinity for the PT.

From now on, if you have an unfavorable tron matchup your deck is unplayable jank.
>>
>>44821187
Not the right time to get into Modern. The death of Twin means a hell of a shakeup, for better or worse, so any advice you could get will be speculative and any online primers will be outdated.

I'd say give it until this time next month.
>>
>>44821252
The evidence is pretty overwhelming here. This is easily the most mystifying decision Wizards has made with regards to the format. It's the first time I've ever looked at a Modern ban since the initial banlist and felt like wizards doesn't know what they're doing.
>>
When will Wizards print a Back to Nature for artifacts?
>>
>>44821239
Yea conceding early is a huge mistake versus combo decks. Should I expect any one to research my deck for the next FNM or will I continue to do well based off of other people's ignorance? All four of the people I played either never seen the combo before, or didn't realize I couldn't win despite having the combo.
>>
>>44821307
>Tron. vs. Infect/Affinity for the PT.
What about Jund?
Seems like it's poised. Crumble to Dust, Ancient Grudge/Shatterstorm in the side, along with something to reliably bust up Infect (which will have a hell of a time anyway because of a rise in Affinity)... I wouldn't be surprised to see Jund in the top 8.

And burn is decent against Affinity, Infect and Tron.
>>
>>44821426
Well there's Creeping Corrosion and Shatterstorm at 4cmc
>>
>>44821359
>This is easily the most mystifying decision Wizards has made with regards to the format.
Strange. I was completely unsurprised.
>>
>>44821470
Jund is going to shoot down to the realms of tier 3, unplayable trash.

Jund has an awful Tron matchup that's extremely hard to win (Its about 75/25 in favor of Tron), and even the other linear decks are becoming better against Jund.

Jund has been good because Twin was pushing those linear decks down a few pegs. Without Twin, Jund can't do that anymore. Its a bad deck now.
>>
>>44821532
what about little zoo? (the one without smiters, knights, finks) does it have any future?
>>
>>44821507
>4cmc
but you're dead at that point.
>>
>>44821359
It makes sense if you assume Wizards wants new Eldrazi cards to headline Modern events. Basically they're rotating the deck that beats the decks they want promoted out of the format.

They know exactly what they want for Modern.
>>
>>44820899
Pretty sure having a bunch of cards with flexible roles, and knowing when to use them in what role, is the definition of a difficult deck
>>
>>44821522
And why? It didn't cross any of the criteria wizards has set. It was at best 15% of the format, which isn't overcentralizing. It wasn't winning to early. All of the reasoning I've seen put forth about why it was banned is total shit.

As PVDR said: Sure it was previously an autoinclude in UR but banning it doesn't fix that, it makes UR un-fucking-playable.
>>
>>44821576
stony silence and be done with it
>>
File: jokeyou.png (55KB, 600x570px) Image search: [Google]
jokeyou.png
55KB, 600x570px
>>44820814
The original comic is that they've lost the child, so here it's we've lost twin.
>>
>>44821574
Can it goldfish t3? Can it beat Tron at least half the time? If the answer is no, then its not viable.

This modern meta is going to be about goldfishing and racing people and if you can't do that, put the deck down.
>>
>>44821641
B-but they can still adopt Kiki-Jiki!
>>
>>44821252
Because this is one of the most questionable bans they've made in a long history of questionable bans. Twin didn't break the 4-turn rule, it was successful without being oppressive, and it was more interactive than most of the other decks in the format. More importantly, Twin played a very important role in keeping decks like Tron in check. It was widely assumed that if they decided to ban something, it would be Deceiver exarch as it would weaken the combo, exarch sees 0 play anywhere else, and it would allow for more interaction by making bolt a consistent answer.

Instead, they banned the lynchpin that the entire deck was built around. Yes, Kiki-Jiki exists, but it's more fragile, comes down a turn slower, and generally isn't anywhere near as good.

It also doesn't help that the decks that most benefit from this, specifically big mana colorless decks, are the decks most likely to use cards from the most recent set about big, colorless creatures. Even if that's completely coincidental, it's extremely convenient and leaves a really bad taste in peoples' mouths.
>>
>>44821648
tron is favourable matchup. T3 kills aren't that rare.
>>
>THEY BANNED SOME OF THE CHEAPEST DECKS
>>
>>44821648
>Wizards wants a meta where turn 4 wins aren't possible
>Have to win on turn 3 to beat Tron

JUST
>>
>>44821532
Maybe Jund isn't it. Maybe Abrupt Decay isn't going to carry Jund like it used to, but I think it's going to be something with red that can shit on Infect, Affinity and Tron. Some mix of Blood Moon or Crumble to Dust with Bolt and Ancient Grudge/Shatterstorm ought to be decent.
>>
>>44821690
no they didn't tron is still perfectly intact
>>
>>44821689
Then sure, its fine.

Jund usually doesn't kill until like what, turn 6/7? That's on a pretty good draw too.
>>
>Tron: the Format
So how long until Tower is banned for being oppressive?
>>
>>44821814
Depends what the marketing department wants to see next January.
>>
Which version of eldrazi is better? The mono black version of the black white version?
>>
>>44821754
It's time for WRx to shine!

>Red to dick on Tron
>White to dick on Burn and Affiinity
>>
>>44821617
That's how it feels. Blue decks aren't good right now, and this makes them pretty unplayable.

Honestly, it feels like they banned the decks that weren't getting anything from the new set. The pro tour is an advertisement, and twin and bloom don't advertise the new set.
>>
File: Atarka%27s+Command+%5BDTK%5D.jpg (33KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Atarka%27s+Command+%5BDTK%5D.jpg
33KB, 223x311px
>>44821774
5/5 would T3 kill again
>>
I never liked Twin but why not ban exarch if you want to weaken the deck?

Guess I have to pick some Blood Moons now that Tron is going to be king of the format.
>>
File: kikiadoption.png (183KB, 298x310px) Image search: [Google]
kikiadoption.png
183KB, 298x310px
>>44821679
I like how this one turned out, it's as if Pestermite can't even stand to look at him
>>
I'm wondering why they're so afraid of Twin and bloom but leave shit like Grishoalbrand and infect in the format, those are way harder to beat with a good draw
>>
>>44821911
Blood Moon isn't even good against tron.

You can drop an o-stone on t3 and once you get to 5 mana, crack it at end step and then drop Karn/Ugin/Wurmcoil/etc.
>>
>>44821936
because you can counter grishoalbrand too easily. scavenging ooze, RIP, pithing needle, counter, literally everything has something for it.
>>
>>44821985
I like going t1 thoughtseize t2 rest in peace against the deck. It really gives me a stiffy.
>>
>>44821963
All hail the era of 4x Ghost Quarter in mainboard
>>
>>44822053
I think Modern is ready for a Wasteland reprint.
>>
>>44822053
Tron decks have started to play life from the loam in the sb btw
>>
File: file.png (27KB, 325x533px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
27KB, 325x533px
ALL HAIL THE MEME WIZARDS BROUGHT.
>>
>>44818239
Stop playing the best deck in the format Spike.
Next on the line is Tron and it's all the fault of people like you who netdeck like bitches and begged on your knees for Modern to be a PT format.
>>
Should I build UR Kiki or Scapeshift? Really conflicted here
>>
>>44822082
>tron abusing one of my favorite cards ever

FUCK YOU WIZARDS
>>
>>44822117
If your goal is to win, why wouldn't you play the best deck? Are you supposed to enjoy losing?
>>
>>44821764

Tron has went up from a ~$700 deck to a solid $1100-$1300 in the past couple weeks, where have you been?
>>
>>44821985
>because you can counter twin too easily. GFTT, Path, Torpor Orb, counter, literally everything has something for it.
>>
>>44822174
>Dismember
>>
>>44822129
If you already own Twin, you can afford both.

UR Kiki is ok. -4 Twin +4 Kiki is fairly similar because, like it or not, the duplicate Twins are dead cards in your hand anyway. Deceiver + Kiki dodges Spellskite nicely, too. Cascade Bluffs is a must, however. And you gotta play around burn spells all the time now. Tier 2.5-3 material right here.
>>
>>44821900
This. Drop a Nacatl turn one. A nacatl or guide and another guide turn two and then turn 3 Atarkas Command is game if they're playing Tron. You also have extra mana open for an additional bolt just in case they gained any life somehow.
>>
>>44822171
oh I thought you meant the scrub meaning of cheapest, my bad
>>
Reprint when?
>>
>>44822233
when hell freezes over

I'd consider teferi's fucking response a more likely reprint.
>>
>>44822233
Never. they'll just ban Tower instead
>>
>>44822233
2healthy4m3

Wizards won't let cards be powerful, because how would we get to play Eldrazi then???
>>
>>44822195
I highly doubt that the Twin banning is going to take a tier 1 deck all the way down to tier 3. It's more like tier 1.5-2 now. I also don't have Twin however I was building towards it. I have a playset of Mistys. Honestly as it stands now building Scapeshift would be way less expensive.
>>
>>44820641
Twin was the frailest combo and the only playable control/tempo deck.
You want to see "degenerate", from next week on there will be ZERO reasons to play midrange or control because they absolutely cannot beat Tron.
>>
>>44822233
>giving black more tools
>instead of giving everyone wasteland
>>
>>44822233
If you kill my lands how will I cast my big scary Eldrazi from the new set (available at your local store!)?
>>
>>44822284
You underestimate the difference between "turn 4 kill against linear decks" and "turn 5 kill against linear decks".
>>
>>44821611
The cards don't have flexible roles. Stop putting twin on a pedestal.
>>
the standard rg tokens list that is making the rounds is godlike

just fyi
>>
>>44822370
>tokens
>in a format with tron shitting out ugin
lol
>>
>>44822370
I'm up to your tricks Maro. You can't make me play standard.
>>
>>44822370
>tokens

ugin says hello
>>
>>44822358
They can all be used to disrupt the opponents plan, or to protect yours. That's pretty flexible
>>
>>44822421
unless colorless
>>
File: 1395016047833.jpg (186KB, 700x639px) Image search: [Google]
1395016047833.jpg
186KB, 700x639px
>>44822370
>standard rg tokens
Why play tokens when you can DROP ELDRAZI? Pre-order Oath of the Gatewatch at your local gamestore today!
>>
>>44822482
>forgetting the trademark symbol

Oy vey!
>>
File: 1386091387161.jpg (14KB, 217x223px) Image search: [Google]
1386091387161.jpg
14KB, 217x223px
>that feel when you lose to 8rack
>>
>>44821740
FUCK
>>
>>44821470
>>44821754
Crumble to Dust is UNPLAYABLE!
Right now you're a deck that can win turn 4 without colored permanents, you're Tron, or you're Tier 3 crap.

A lot of Tier 2 decks and both Jund/Junk just got made unplayable because half the meta will be Tron and Tron is UNBEATABLE for mid-range, control, swarm and colored permanent-based combo.
>>
File: Image.png (130KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
130KB, 223x311px
>>44822370
>standard tokens
>when this exists in standard.
>>
>>44822396

>Oath of the Gatewatchâ„¢ is gonna be great guys! i can't wait for you all to try all these new Eldrazi in your Modern deck!
>>
>>44822163
Are you ready drop $1000 plus on a deck every time wizards bans something?
>>
>>44822578
Does that mean Ad Nauseam has a chance in the meta?
>>
Karn and Ugin need the banhammer. Tron can still have all their fancy eldrazi + wurmcoil, but a t3 Karn or t4 Ugin is fucking backbreaking to any fair deck.
>>
File: that timer doe.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
that timer doe.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Where you goin
>>
Yo /tg/, I just got my ass handed to me in the sealed Prerelease today. Two of my losses came from bad plays on my end and I only really felt like I was in control of the game for one or two matches. I used to play pretty regularly until I took a break a few years back.

Am I gonna have to pay and get my ass beat in drafts for the next several weeks until I get back into the groove again?
>>
>>44821985
>because you can counter grishoalbrand too easily
There are very few decks that stop a t1 looting, t2 reanimate gbrand, swing 3 times
>>
>Tron is the best deck in format
>Tfw you play infect
>Infect is now tier 1 because Twin doesn't exist
Good investment
>>
>>44822797
Don't draft. Don't give Wizards money they haven't earned.
>>
>>44822818
Spell Snare is a card that is modern legal.
>>
>>44822851
What decks run Spell Snare now? What about Tier 1 decks?
>>
>>44822851
Twin was one of the only decks that ran it....
>>
>>44822820

Jesus Christ this format is so fucking boring. WOTC hate fun.
>>
>>44822515
Don't worry, they ALSO lose to Tron, you don't have to worry about any of those evil decks, daddy Tron is here to protect you and take your tournament fee money.
>>
>>44822884
Spell pierce is really well positioned, just no one wants to run it
>>
>>44822894
Twin wasn't really that fun to play against unles you were also playing Twin
>>
>>44822641
Ad Nauseaum will never be playable, stop shilling that shit and learn to spec better.
>>
>>44822926
I ran pierce in my twin deck, too bad wizards fucked that up
>>
If Tron dominates the meta too bad, would they ban Ugin/Karn, Map/Stirrings/Scrying, or Tronlands?
Two days ago i would say they'd just ban Karn, but seeing what happened to twin makes me think they'll bust up the whole deck
>>
>>44822927
Holding up removal while advancing your board state seems fun enough
>>
>>44823018
Look at Abzan Pod.
Look at UR Twin.
Now look at Tron.

What do they all have in common?
>They don't break any of the Modern rules.
What happened to Abzan Pod?
>It was banned for being too important. Nothing left.
What happened to UR Twin?
>It was banned for being too important. Nothing left.
What will happen to Tron?
>The deck will be killed in cold blood. There will be nothing left. The lands (aka Urza Tron) will be banished.
>>
What are the odds we get Twin 2.0 with SOI ala CoCo hot off the Pod ban? Something that makes the deck function well enough to be good but not enough to be oppressive.
>>
>>44817536
Why are people whining about twin being banned? I've always hated that deck, ever since it was in standard
>>
>>44823240
We already have it: it's Kiki-Jiki.
>>
>>44823285
Because it means interacting with your opponent is a bad thing to be doing in modern now. Tron vs. Affinity the format.
>>
>>44823176
Pod had the problem that as new cards got printed it got way stronger, and eventually oppressive. The option was to ban multiple creatures, basically making only certain types of pod decks allowed(while also removing those cards from non offending decks) or to ban pod in an attempt to be more "fair" about it. In the end the "fair" choice was made and I don't blame them for that. Twin is different, in that it is slightly, and I mean slightly, more played then other decks and this was the main reason used in it's ban. We're literally talking about a 3% higher in the meta, and WAY less top 8% then pod was.
>>
>>44823240
Kiki-Chord is that except with more creatures

Do you think the format is going to be more diverse because there aren't any huge decks that can control the game like twin? I have a lot of hope for good brews now, I might put in 150 to build Jeskai Ascendancy Combo alongside my Infect and Naya Zoo
>>
>>44818678
>Twin is viable in legacy
No
It has been tried
It isnt fast enough. You need 4 mana for it to work, the amount of Stax decks and stifles in legacy makes that impossible.
I had a guy play against my Canadian Threshold deck with his legacy-ised Twin deck, it was an absolute joke. He just couldn't do anything
A combo deck in legacy needs to be able to do it by turn 2-3. You wont be able to protect your combo if its all in, you wont be able to tempo out most legacy decks if you go Temur or something
>>
>>44818678
Twin sucks in Legcay
>>
>>44823390
And yet a couple of people have placed well with it. Maybe your friend is just bad at magic.
>>
>>44823390
>what is chrome mox
>what is lotus petal
>what are Sol lands

Storm wins with a 4cmc card without issue, because fast mana is abundant in legacy. Speed has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>44822370
What deck you fucking nigger?
>>
>>44823534
and twin needs a 7 mana combo in colors that don't have as fast of mana ramp
>>
>>44823534
Right, now find space for them while also reliably being able to dig for the combo, protect the combo or run a lot of combo pieces. Storm is entirely different
People place with legacy Twin, but do they in large tournaments?
>>
>>44823314
Both of those decks involve interaction. Counter spells, removal, mass removal. Just as much as with twin
>>
>>44823534
You can power it out. Unless like. The other player does anything. It's still insanely soft to delver, and it's pretty much just a worse show and tell
>>
>>44820367
Expedite is just Crimson Wisps without the color mechanic
>>
>>44823656
Also,you dont even need to worry about misplaying because force of will and Daze are a thing
>>
>>44823641

>Tron and Affinity
>Removal and counterspells
>Interactive

Like I know this is bait but like dude ru srs?
>>
>>44823599
The reason people do well with twin is that people don't see it coming and don't play around it. Outside of that, its very easily hated out and just kind of worse than other combo control shells.
>>
>>44823641
This is some epic b8 anon
>>
>>44823579
Literally every card I just listed is colorless. The only card that storm gets access to that u/r Twin does not is dark rit, but grixis Twin is perfectly reasonable

>>44823599
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a good legacy deck. I'm just saying that speed has absolutely nothing to do with it not being a good legacy deck. It isn't good in legacy because storm is a better combo deck, Delver is a better tempo deck, and Legacy is powerful enough that there's no benefit to running a hybrid deck like Twin.
>>
>>44823724
They're better against twin than in it.
>>
where can I go to enter my deck online and share it with you all? something where you can highlight the cards if you're unfamiliar with it.

I'm a newbie player working off a starter deck and a few little trades I made and want to get some input on my deck and maybe some tips on what I should be using.
>>
>>44823557
you can find it here

http://magic.wizards com/en/events/coverage/gpoak16/9-32-decklists-2016-01-10
>>
>>44823873
Tappedout dumbass.
>>
>>44821888
So what you're telling me Magic became ygo?
>>
>>44818733
>>44820881
Herkules recall or Stony silence = completely screwed.
>>
>>44823773
Thats what I mean m8
>>
With Twin dead, what could fill the vacuum?
>>
File: 1451348280242.jpg (245KB, 568x864px) Image search: [Google]
1451348280242.jpg
245KB, 568x864px
Is there a database somewhere where I can search for a player and watch their matches?

Youtube has matches sorted by events usually, I'm wondering if I can view matches sorted by player instead.

Or even better, search for a specific match by searching by a specific player vs a specific player.
>>
>>44823641
>Counter spells, removal

lol
>>
>>44824100
mtgcoverage dot com
>>
>>44823873
me

my deck:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/my-first-deck-in-like-20-years/

That's the deck. Again, kinda newbie. Going for a mono-white aggro deck. My friends play two-color decks, but I strictly want to go one color because I've seen them get trashed because they'll draw nothing but Mountains when they have Forest creatures in hand. I don't want to see that happen to me.

>>44823882

As I asked the question I was actually in the middle of using that website. The deck builder seemed very barebones with its text-only input system. I didn't realize it actually showed people what cards I chose when I finished.
>>
File: 1.png (752KB, 536x669px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
752KB, 536x669px
>tfw eventually every deck will be popular enough to ban

What sort of system is that?
>>
>>44824341
A system that simulates rotation in a non-rotating format

This is the future you chose by insisting on a modern pro tour
>>
>>44824068
Nothing, because all the real control decks in Modern get destroyed by Tron.
>>
>>44824341
>$1500 every year to play modern because your deck is banned yearly
>$800 every year for Standard because lel two sets
>>
>>44824553
This

Control is somehow being pushed into an even worse place because the meta is gonna be 50% aggro and 50% tron

We didn't even get an unban to stoneforge to help
>>
File: 0105161653a.jpg (582KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
0105161653a.jpg
582KB, 2048x1350px
Hey is this card worth anything mint from a starter deck from 97? I don't play this yet and have just come across a basically untouched Portal Second Age starter deck and boosters that my fiance never fucked with because she was 6 back when she got them. I'm pretty sure I heard a friend say something about this card before, but since I found it he's been a silent dick. Sorry for the shit res.
>>
>>44824609
It's worth like 80-90$
>>
>>44824651
Hot Damn. Nice. Thanks. Now I've gotta figure out who or where to sell it.
>>
Naya Burn or Infect? I have the land bases for both (save Foundries for Burn and Inkmoths for Infect).
>>
What deck type would you recommend a first time player? Why?
>>
>>44824891
Twin
>>
>>44824891
Tron
>>
>>44824891
Tron because it relatively cheap and requires no skill at all to pilot
>>
>>44824341
I'm pretty sure decks are getting on an even power level so it won't happen as often.
>>
>>44824947
What do those names mean? The people introducing me to the game are half assign I feel. I only know colors. I've played a white and a green deck before. Have enough given to me to maybe make a blue or red, maybe black. I'm the cat that posted the question about the temporal manipulation card. I'm trying to get into the game because my friends have been playing it for years, but fuck if it doesn't seem daunting all at once.
>>
>>44824910
Kek
>>
>>44825050
Tron is a deck that focuses on getting 3 lands in play that together make a lot of colorless mana and then you play big haymakers and win the game. The rest of the deck is focused around surviving and finding those lands.

mtgtop8.com/event?e=11234&d=263825&f=MO

Look at this deck for an example
>>
>>44824891
blue tron. mindslaver lock with academy
>>
>>44825050
You shouldn't get into Modern if you don't know the first thing about Magic.
Go download Magic Duels, it's free and it will at least teach you the game
>>
>>44824910
Twin = Win
Don't listen to the other faggots
>>
File: 1449974097813_1.jpg (59KB, 468x760px) Image search: [Google]
1449974097813_1.jpg
59KB, 468x760px
I'm going to miss comboing off with you Anon-chan. We had so much fun together.
>>
File: mein.jpg (23KB, 289x292px) Image search: [Google]
mein.jpg
23KB, 289x292px
>>44825136
Hi5
>>
>>44825225
Fuck off Izzet-chan, only autists like you
>>
>>44825050
Omg, you really are a noob!
Fuck my "twin" response, do not fucking do it
>>44825138
Listen to this guy, he has good advice!!
>>
Besides tron, what is molten rain good against in the sideboard of burn
>>
>>44825311
infect but you dont really need it
>>
>>44824315
me

so nobody has anything to say about my deck? :/
>>
File: 1449974097813_2.jpg (40KB, 454x720px) Image search: [Google]
1449974097813_2.jpg
40KB, 454x720px
>>44825246
I think Gruul-chan is more your speed.
Me play tron lands. Me slap down big golem. Me smash and win.
>>
>>44825330
it sucks
>>
>>44825246
>she's got cosplay kinks
If only she had creampie kinks too
>>
>>44825308
Hahaha right on. I'll do that and get my bearings first. Thanks everyone.
>>
>>44825328
well i have two in the sideboard but i was changing the burn sideboard around since twin is now banned and was wondering if it was worth.

right now the sideboard is
3x Destructive revelry
1x Smash to smithereens
2x Deflecting palm
2x Skullcrack
2x Sudden shock
1x Path to exile
2x Stony Silence
2x Molten Rain

Notice that there are no Kor firewalkers as the meta doesn't call for it at my shop
>>
>>44825311
Manlands such as celestial colonnade, inkmoth nexus, and dryad arbor on steroids wich means enchanted by: rancor, spirit mantle, unflinching courage, daybreak coronet and of course yoursodonetramplemegadrillurassaura
>>
>>44825330
You're in the wrong place, friend. Your deck belongs in the Standard general while this is the Modern one. But just by looking at it I don't think it's very good. By only have a single copy of some cards, you're reducing the consistency of your strategy. Along with that, a lot of the cards don't really have much synergy with each others. It's more like they just happen to be in the same deck because they're white too. Focus on getting a good creature curve going, some decent removal, and cheap and effective combat tricks. Stay away from Auras because they'll just make your creatures target for removal themselves.
>>
>>44825467
There currently is no Standard general, OGW literally killed Magic.
>>
>>44825393
I thought you were pulling a troll. Well, twin was really popular and was banned.
Tron is gaining popularity, you may not want to build the deck despite the good willing anons that advice because in the long run it may also get banned.
That being said, don't worry about it, play duels, it was that way that I started to play. This years game on steam is called Magic Origins or Duels, last years were paid.
And draft at your local game store (lgs) it helps improving and building a collection.
Gewd Luck anon
>>
>>44825389
I bet she'd love to experiment sexually
>>
>>44825389
>Izzet is into cosplay
>Not Simic or Dimir
>>
>>44825539
Haha. I'm past trolling these days. It's just not as fun.

Dude, thanks for the info. You've already told me more than my friends have haha. I wish I had a way to play you and learn, but being a poor (responsible) adult means no gaming platforms.
>>
File: guildfus.png (3MB, 1200x7200px) Image search: [Google]
guildfus.png
3MB, 1200x7200px
>>44825723
Proof is in the pudding my good invertonigger
>>
>>44823382
>Do you think the format is going to be more diverse
No, it's Tron vs Burn/Infect/Affinity.
Twin could win turn 4, but most of the time games lasted much longer as the opponent had a chance to deffend themselves or the Twin player had to make sure he wasn't walking into a trap.
Trondoes not win turn 3, but the game ends as soon as Urzatron is online. Often as soon as turn 3. The longer the game goes the easiest it becomes for Tron, so the only way to make sure your Tron game is fair to possitive for you, is knowing for sure that can you win in turn 4 with colorless permanents or non-permanent spells.

That is not diversifying the format, that is Tron and whichever of the aggro trifecta that was less hated on this particular tournament making 1/2 of top 8 each.
>>
>>44825973
Gonna have to go with Boros on this one. I have a thing for girls who are physically powerful but are otherwise kind/submissive. It's why I read gentle giantess fiction

I'm surprised she didn't end up with a name like Angelica or Angelina though.
>>
>>44825973
Simic and rakdos were waifus and this only confirms it for me
>>
>>44825770
It runs on a potato requirements pc such as mine, but no problem.
Have fun and I'm glad I might have been of some help
>>
>>44825973
Waifus are for cuckolds and the mentally ill, and this only confirms it.
>>
>>44823895
Hardly matters. It would be a deck and it would be top tier.
>>
>>44825973
But considering Simic's entire thing is evolving and whatnot, how come she doesn't have cosplay?
>>
>>44826624
Simic doesn't pretend to be something else. They just modify themselves to be something else.
>>
>>44824341
Kinda reminds me of Yugioh
>Deck is Tier 1
>Popular cards in the deck are in current selling sets
>Sets stop being sold
>Cards from popular deck get banned and the deck becomes too slow or unplayable against the rest of the meta
>>
File: image.jpg (80KB, 298x298px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 298x298px
With all the shit that has happened this past year, I don't think I can keep going.

>MMA2 is garbage
>LGS no longer accepts store credit as payment for entry fees
>Zach Jesse banning
>M15, BoZ, OGW are shit
>Zendikar fetchlands only get a limited print run as expeditions
>Judge bannings
>Splinter Twin banning
>Aaron Forsythe's tweet saying they ban cards before the PT to keep it interesting
I quit. I'm done with modern, and mtg altogether. Modern was my favorite format, and I've been playing affinity for three years. I don't feel safe playing a deck, knowing the DCI will ban it once it wins one too many times. This, along with WotC's PR and overtly jewish behavior is what kills it for me. I hope you guys have an enjoyable experience, because I know I wouldn't.
>>
>>44826898
lol
>>
>>44826898
bye fagit
>>
>>44826786

That's why I quit yugioh in the first place.

God fuck, I have to bite the Legacy boolet don't I? Even with chinaman proxies, shit aint gonna be cheap
>>
just made my first real deck, mono-green ramp. are there any good cards that can help me against counterspells or help me draw the right cards?
>>
>>44819403
underrated post
>>
Get fucked twinfag. You and that Modern Nexus fuck are salty as hell, you guys never screamed the sky was falling when Storm got crippled and Pod got banned, but now you're on full "I quit" mode.
>>
>>44827023
Anon...you're right about the not being cheap part

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/proxies-policy-and-communication-2016-01-14
>>
>>44827036

Posting decklist would be nice yknow
>>
>>44819025
Golgari Grave Dicks
>>
File: aw_091708.jpg (146KB, 620x497px) Image search: [Google]
aw_091708.jpg
146KB, 620x497px
>>44818702
>best cantrip ever printed
kek
>>
>>44827144
That's card draw, cantrips replace themselves not give card advantage, just quality.

It is still the best p9 with lotus imho.
>>
>>44827036
Green has some nice tutor effect cards for creatures, like Chord of Calling.
Counterspells aren't often too relevant but you have options (Creatures that can't be countered, cheating in creatures, etc.)

Also Primeval Titan is a must-play regardless of your budget.
>>
>>44827055
I just read his article and hooooooooooooooooooly shit is he angry
>>
8rack player here. I've been playing this deck for over a year and I want to spice things up. Is loam Pox a better deck than 8rack and can you build loam Pox without splashing red?
>>
File: 23a0AAF5.jpg (42KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
23a0AAF5.jpg
42KB, 400x400px
>>44827205
>recall
>not a cantrip
>>
>>44827272

That guy is the biggest twin drone ever. He never made that much of a fuss when Pod was banned.
>>
>>44827272
what article
>>
File: Salt.gif (314KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Salt.gif
314KB, 640x360px
>>44827272
That is really fulfilling my salt deficiency
>>
>>44827284

You should know that Loam Pox is in its core, a value deck. You really cant compare 8rack with loam Pox because they play differently. Loam loves grinding games out vs fair decks, and fast aggro decks by recurring lands to fuel raven's crime and/or molten vortex, and clogging up the board with zombie tokens from Zombie Infestations.

The red splash is traditional, giving you access to Squee for extra recursion, Molten Fortex, Flame Jab and Conflagrate for reach and Terminate for great spot removal.

Some replace the black with blue so you can play it sort of like Delver with Snapcaster Mages, Thoughscours to save your Loam from GY removal or dredge Loam at instant speed.

I believe currently, its in a rough spot right now with the Twin bannings since it doesnt like fighting vs Tron or Eldrazi, or any deck with way better inevitability than it does. It's certainly one of the more unique decks in the formats
>>
>>44827291
Oh fuck.
Is this another.... epic /memedern/ meme?

/!\ WARNING!!!! DANKES MEMES INBOUND!!!! /!\

Harmonize... The good cantrip!
Explore... good timewalk!
Remand... good timewalk!
Cryptic command... good timewalkwrathofgodforceofwillremand!

/!\ WARNING!!!! DANKES MEMES INBOUND!!!! /!\
>>
Is modern actually a rotating format now? It just seems like the top decks are actually pretty weak to tier 2 decks and lower tier decks are just going to get better. DnT might get a bit better desu
>>
File: 1452950874149.png (353KB, 510x356px) Image search: [Google]
1452950874149.png
353KB, 510x356px
Fret not, we will save Modern
>>
>>44827448
>remand is a better Counterspell
o im laughin
>>
>>44827415
I actually want to build it since it can recur ghost quarter against tron. With 8rack I usually board in my four smallpox and surgical extraction hoping to get one of their lands. I think it is well positioned in the meta since infect is also going to become more popular.
>>
>>44827469
>CoCo
Sorry guys we have to ban this because we can't print good 3 or less drops anymore
>Chord of Calling
Sorry guys this is on the level of Green Sun's Zenith and needs to go
>>
>>44827515

Recurring Ghost Quarter is pretty good vs Tron, although that alone won't really kill them. A continuous flow of Smallpoxes and Raven's crime and Ghost Quarters is needed
>>
>>44827478
Nigga.
Remand... is like timewalk.

But get this: it's good
>>
>>44827564
Yeah I'll probbaly play test before making the change. I love 8rack but I haven't found a way to incorporate 4 Smallpox main board efficiently. (smallpox is my favorite card)
>>
>>44827541
This. Combo's are anti-fun and it's causing the format to be warped to try to counter it
>>
>>44827717
>Combo's are anti-fun

go fuck yourself casual

"i started playing mtg in 2012, its so fun xd" - you
>>
File: fun times.png (150KB, 630x720px) Image search: [Google]
fun times.png
150KB, 630x720px
Eldrazi sure are fun
>>
>>44827642

Honestly the deck is solid, one of the biggest gripes about it is how your manabase hurts. You're always going to have to bolt yourself no questions on turn 1, then turn 2 either play a shock untapped or fetch for a shock/basic.
>>
>>44827898
Yeah I was noticing that which is why I asked if I need red,but the more I look at it the more it makes sense. Saw pricing in tcg just need 200$ to complete it not bad senpai.
>>
File: super duper.png (220KB, 598x704px) Image search: [Google]
super duper.png
220KB, 598x704px
>>44827834
>>
>>44825467

What are some good 3 cost White creatures?

The only thing illegal in my deck, as far as I see, is the Hushwing Gryff which I didn't even realize was illegal when I traded for it today.

My strategy so far is to just flood the board with low-cost high-value creatures and beat down my opponent.
>>
People should be allowed to heckle PTs like in Pro Wrestling.
>>
>>44827311
The modern nexus guy is a complete tool, however. I wonder how Patrick Dickman is holding up. I met him once at GP Charlotte, and he seemed like a pretty nice guy. I feel sorry for him and Twin players everywhere.
>>
File: CY4OMQeUQAEwD4v (1).jpg (63KB, 480x700px) Image search: [Google]
CY4OMQeUQAEwD4v (1).jpg
63KB, 480x700px
>>
>>44827055
Because there was good reason to ban storm because it broke the turn 4 rule of modern. Pod ban sucked but at least their reasoning was understandable. Their reasoning for twin makes no sense, control decks won't get better if you ban one of their best matchups and something that kept their worst matchups in check.
>>
>>44828055
>YO CALL THAT TAPPING MANA
>LOOK AT THIS FAGGOT CANT EVEN COMBO OFF- OHH YEEAAHH ITS CAUSE WE BANNED TWIN
>WHAT U GONNA CRY LOOSSEERRR
>*PT player rips off shirt, screaming, his glistening glowing-white sweaty fat globs blinding the audience temporarily*
>*PT flips table in rage, uses it to beat judge in the face*
>YOU CALL THAT A TABLE FLIP? PLEASE IVE SEEN 1/2 LITTLE GIRLS DO BETTER!
>>
>>44828117

I was thinking more synchronized chanting, you know,
>WE WANT TWIN BACK *CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*
stuff like that
>>
>>44828237
>I SAY SPLINTER, YOU SAY TWIN
>SPLINTER
>>
>>44828237
no one would though
>>
>>44828261
>BLOOM
... what?
>>
>>44828117
>Streaer yelling "FREE DREAD RETURN" and flipping the table then running away naked
>>
>remove turn 4 rule
>unban all cards
>no need to worry about printing cards that are "too good"
Problem solved!
>>
>>44828358
>DIG DID NOTHING WRONG
>FREE JACE
>>
File: Pestermite.jpg (33KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Pestermite.jpg
33KB, 223x310px
>>44828542
>>44828542

New thread.
>>
i counted 27 cards from OGW which were made strictly for edh

good lord what is magic coming to
>>
>>44827055
Blue fags are the most vocal. No wonder wizards has let fow and bs run rampant in legacy.
>>
>>44829219
Spotted the person who never played legacy
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.