[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D 5e General: Get Money Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 32

File: money.gif (280KB, 540x393px) Image search: [Google]
money.gif
280KB, 540x393px
>Core rulebooks, adventure modules, Unearthed Arcana
https://mega.nz#F!UVkTnT5b!FJ34UZ98BMY2mEtexenS7g

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>OGL and SRD for 5e
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd

>Dungeon Masters Guild, buy and sell 5e shit using Wizard IPs
http://dmsguild.com

>WIP HTML version of the SRD, by the guy who runs d20pfsrd
http://www.5esrd.com/

So, /5eg/, what's the best content you've seen on DMs Guild so far?
>>
why do these keep getting made with such bad op pictures

no offense (?)
>>
Tips for first time DM?
>>
File: 018.jpg (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
018.jpg
24KB, 512x512px
>>44809266

>Implying throwing money at hoes will ever go out of style
>>
>>44809288
If confusion about the rules comes up: make a ruling and move on. Write down a note to look up the thing later if you want to, but don't let it get in the way of the game at hand.
>>
>>44809314
>So, /5eg/, what's the best content you've seen on DMs Guild so far?
also while we are at it this is a shit OP question. good idea lets make 5eg about what bullshit homebrew everyone wants to buy made by some asshat trying to make a buck. why did wizards attempt to neuter the homebrew scene?

so thanks for making this probably the worst OP in a while

at least you put 5eg in it
>>
>>44809343
>why did wizards attempt to neuter the homebrew scene?
5E's homebrew scene was suffering pretty heavily from a lack of centralization. 3.5 had all the old forums, and 4E had some forums that had sprung up in the meantime, but those all started on the official forums...

...which Wizards nuked not too long ago.

Serious homebrewers are almost certainly taking the attempt to post pre-existing work, not rush shit out the door for cash. I posted some material that I finished roughly half a year ago.
>>
>Whenever you hit a creature with one of the attacks granted by your Flurry of Blows, you can impose one of the following effects on that target: It must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or be knocked prone. It must make a Strength saving throw. If it fails, you can push it up to 15 feet away from you. It can’t take reactions until the end of your next turn.
Even at lower levels, you can get three attacks with Flurry of Blows. With the Mobile feat, you use Flurry of Blows, and then run around attacking three different creatures, each with one attack, and possibly knock all 3 prone? That seems pretty good.
>>
>>44809590
>you can get three attacks with Flurry of Blows
Flurry of Blows is always two attacks. It doesn't include your regular Attack action.
>>
>>44809590
It is.

>>44809598
I think he means the two attacks plus one normal one before you get extra attack.
>>
>>44809615
>I think he means the two attacks plus one normal one before you get extra attack.
Yea I clearly mean that.
>>
>>44809615
He might mean that, but you can't apply the extra effects to them, as they're not granted by Flurry of Blows.
>>
>>44809641
Oh right. So no knocking people 45 or 60 feet down a hallway. Darn.
>>
File: MonkTiger01.png (277KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
MonkTiger01.png
277KB, 640x640px
I'm gonna get this tattooed on my back, in honor of Tiger Shen, my monk character. Maybe also a complimentary tattoo on my penis as well. Wish me luck.
>>
>>44809697
And don't forget, you wouldn't get to knock them 30 feet all at once either, you'd have to hit with one attack, knock them 15 feet, move to follow them, then hit them with the second attack and knock them another 15 feet.

Although the flavor and imagery on this can be pretty fucking badass.
>>
>>44809739
Tip for the dick-tat: actual images never turn out well. Just get some tiger-stripes or something abstract like that.
>>
>>44809752
Fuck yes, tiger stripes on my dick. Great idea. Tiger Shen on my eyelids.
>>
>>44809590
Or you go sun monk and don't need to even get near them to hit them for steady radiant damage.
>>
File: No.jpg (195KB, 900x842px) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
195KB, 900x842px
>>44809778
I refuse to worship the sun.
>>
File: fatally stabbing sun.jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fatally stabbing sun.jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
>>44809846
What if you're not worshiping the sun, but trying to usurp its power?
>>
Ok heres my last try

A nearby homeless man walks away from magical accident with more than just 2nd hand gear...

Or, the Human hobo rat catching sorcerer, lvl 1

>his parents were commoners, became homeless a few years after he was born
>middle aged now, mom died young and dad ~ 15 years later. veteran bum at this point

Early on he began hunting rats for tails [SLING], became pretty decent, eventually fancied himself an employed man. He could also sometimes even get some copper out of selling the meat to the decidedly more nefarious characters within his sphere of influence.

He knows his town, the underside especially. In a place of relative saftey, when the dad realized he would die from an illness, gave his son his inheritance: a secret spot, a lockbox (of sorts) that had been created when his parent first lived in the streets.

Now there are many hobo stashes around that might be called secret, but the word usually leaks out somehow and a nice spot is only rather momentarily forgotten by the many denizens of the homeless world and cannot be used for long or without risk. But over some long years, and with many dangerous trade offs of sockfulls of coppers for silver pieces, and even a few golds ! , the ratman managed to shuffle his meager resources around from stash to progressively more uptown stash where he amassed a slightly dispersed cache of savings.

An old friend of his, 7 years his senior, held a couple nice shivs of his [2 DAGGERS], although he used some disposable models for his daily trade. He had a few useful things in various spots, and a few people were indebted to him in some way [GOOD] - people who could get things for him if he was in need [starting gear]. But the real stash was safe in his inheritance [10GP or however much]. he was careful to only deposit under the safest of conditions to ensure it was absolutely secure.

>good life going
>respectable bum
>>
He's in the alleys, hunting rats, when a large magical blast blows through the wall/windows in front of him.

>gets a face full of magical question marks
>chaos, town guard, he bolts
>feels different, lucky in some way, isnt harmed
>many bums recognized him leaving the scene of comotion
>police asking questions, answers slowly leading towards him

this guy is not going down for something he had nothing to do with, and with an uncanny feeling of intuition he drains the cashbox, calls in his favors (holding the cash) and leaves town. Things are looking up....

I want to use/discover his powers kindof sequentially and develop the character as we progress. He gets even better with his weapons [TRUE SHOT], and eventually gets in deep shit and does a WITCH BOLT on accident. Then his growing suspicions are confirmed and he realizes something magical happened to him back in that alley.

Ideas for other spells or gear or whatever? I was thinking after the first witch bolt he could insist that if he hung around and tried to feel hard enough he could try and DETECT MAGIC.

Also name?
>>
>>44809870
>>44809878
Dude we were having a cool monk conversation and you bust in with this shit?
>>
I'm running an arcane trickster/warlock multiclass, do i really get a shitload of cantrips? Like 5 or something, i couldn't find rules specifics for cantrips on multiclassing.
>>
>>44809894
One of the main perks of multiclassing is that you are going to get a lot of cantrips.

The downside of your specific mix is that you're going to have spells based on two different stats, cantrips included.
>>
>>44809894
Yes.

Hope you've got a plan to mitigate being dependent on 3 ability scores. Also, remember you can't Sneak Attack on spell attacks.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (193KB, 954x410px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
193KB, 954x410px
>>44809860
new bond added
>>
>>44809885
apologies, i didnt mean to intrude on your club m'lord
>>
Ah i posted this homebrew in another thread so i'll post it here as well.

Basically instead of the Spell/ki point system and the like or the spell slot system i gave each class a die for Magic points.

Now classes that don't use magic get only a d4 die for their magic points (it makes sense that everyone has a small potential for magic in a high fantasy setting).

Those who channel magic from outside sources or only train it half-way with another discipline get a d8 die (arcane tricksters, eldritch knights,warlocks, clerics and paladins).

Those who train their own magic get a d10 die (wizards, monks, bards and druids).

And Sorcerers who have inborn magic power get a d12.

Now Sorcerers, Wizards, Monks, Clerics and Warlocks can give up 1 point during ASI to upgrade their magic die (you can upgrade the die two times during the game and only once per ASI) so a class with a d8 die can go to d10 and then upgrade to d12, a class with a d10 die can upgrade to 12 and later to d16 and sorcerers get to upgrade to d16 and d20.

Now there are already present limits to what level of spells each calss can learn so i'm not going to change that.

Each spell has an equivalent magic point cost:
Cantrip - 1 point
Lvl 1 spells 3
lvl 2 spells 6
lvl 3 spells cost 10
lvl 4 spells cost 20
lvl 5 spells cost 30
lvl 6 spells cost 50
lvl 7 spells cost 80
lvl 8 spells cost 120
lvl 9 spells cost 200
>>
>>44809938
Of course this was meant for a campaign where everyone and their mother is a caster.
>>
>>44809938
Hmm this is probably one of the most stupid things I've ever seen in this thread, and that's saying something.
>>
>>44809938
>>44809959
>this was meant for a campaign where everyone and their mother is a caster.
I think this could be more succinctly captured by giving everyone Magic Initiate for free.

What you've got could be interesting but as it's laid out is a balance nightmare, no matter how flavorful your decisions. You'd be better off making all casters run on the spell points variant in the DMG.
>>
>>44809970
Read the above post>>44809959

It's a setting where even the birds on the tree are spell-casters.
>>
>>44809938
I have no idea what you're even trying to accomplish here.
>>
>>44809989
>It's a setting where even the birds on the tree are spell-casters.
no such stupid setting exists
>>
>>44809987

Yeah you are right i should go back to the spell point variant instead.

>>44810029
A parody setting based on the world of Gifting...
You know even the cabbages there can cast fly.
>>
>>44810042
Farming must be a pain in the ass.
>>
What would the balance look like for a ranger archetype that allows a 1d12 damage increase from using Hunter's Mark at level 15? Compared to a hunter, I mean.
>>
>>44810080
Read the manga chapter about bamboo or where they talk about soy...
Yeah farming is a pain in the ass in that world.
Also all plant based monsters are terrible in a different sense.
>>
>>44810094
shut up about this
>>
>>44810094
You could probably just give it to the hunter honestly, there's literally no reason to level past 7 or so for that class. Ranger needs a carrot somewhere in the 11-14 range to make it worth not multiclassing out.
>>
>>44810109
Just wanted someone to eyeball the balance besides myself. Working on something with a few solid abilities but none of the others are directly offensive.
>>
I was thinking about what i read yesterday in a thread here and tested it.

It was about giving the spell attack feature from the sun monk to all the monks.

So i did a single-player game with my GF to test it.

It's actually pretty balanced with the exception of the Wot4e monk having a too high variety of damage types (fire, frost, pierce and cutting).

You'd still get into melee with your monk most of the time because this only serves as reliable medium range damage output so it won't take away the martial arts feel of monks and only add to the fact that they are now proper half-casters which is good.

Now we decided to add another thing as a lvl 3 feature for sun soul monks atop their spell attack so they stay balanced in line with the other monk sub classes.

Flash step - gain an additional 10 ft movement speed for the next (monk lvl/3)+Wis mod turns for 1 ki

Suns weapon - create a monk weapon made out of sunlight that lasts for (monk level/2)+wis mod turns for 1 ki, the monk weapon deals an additional radiant damage equal to half your martial arts dice on top of the normal weapon damage and sheds dim light in a 10 ft radius.

Solar flash - cast a blinding flash of light in a 30 ft radius making the hit targets blinded for the next turn for 1 ki point (targets with blind-sense are immune to this effect)
>>
>>44810254
dont thats dumb
>>
Would you rule that an improvised weapon which is unlike any weapon on the weapons table, such as a table or Alchemist's Fire, would constitute a melee or ranged weapon or neither for the purposes of feats and features?
>>
File: 1451888016635.jpg (258KB, 2715x2385px) Image search: [Google]
1451888016635.jpg
258KB, 2715x2385px
>Playing an atheist fighter
>Have cleric of Torm in our party
>keeps trying to convert me ever since he found out I'm atheist

Last session I found a bunch of textbooks in my sack, one of which was titled ''So you want to learn about Torm: A beginners guide'' How do I get him to stop?
>>
>>44810568
He's roleplaying. If you disapprove, have a chat with him out of character to make your feelings on it clear and bring it to an end in-character. Or else simply have your character react how he normally would. That's the point of a roleplaying game, isn't it?
>>
>>44810568
Anon stop trying to play yourself in the game.
>>
File: laugh.jpg (12KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
laugh.jpg
12KB, 204x247px
>>44810568
>Playing an atheist when a man literally has proof that his God exists

Have fun getting slowly devoured by the Wall of the Faithless, anon.
>>
>>44810568
Leave some books in his sack, one titled "The Torm Delusion" by the wizard Ralmevik Dawkins and another titled "Torm Is Not Great" by the sorcerer Carric Hitchens, which show why Torm doesn't exist and provide alternative explanations as to how clerics and paladins get power (maybe something like midichlorians).
>>
>>44810568
There is literally no reason to be an atheist in D&D where gods exist. Sure, don't worship gods, but atheism is the belief that gods DO NOT exist. Which they explicitly do in D&D.

But don't let me tell you where to hang your fedora.
>>
>>44810742
There is no rule saying I can't be an atheist. My character has seen no proof of the gods.
>>
>>44810710
Who doesn't want to play as Dorfl?
>>
>>44810742
What if the beings that ask to be worshipped as gods aren't worthy of the name?
>>
>>44810568
>lawful good atheist fighter
>know gods exist, but don't worship any of them, only have faith in own strength

>cleric of Torm keeps trying to convert me
>keep using the books he gives me for kindling
>he seems mildly upset but doesn't complain too much
>many adventures pass the same way, party slowly starts warming up to each other

>get drunk one day, angrily ask him what's so good about gods anyway
>we end up sitting down and having a surprisingly enlightening discussion about Torm
>"Huh, this Torm actually sounds like a pretty decent guy."
>"And that is why you should convert-"
>"But I only believe in my own strength to pull me through. And, I suppose, the strength of those fighting beside me."
>we share an awkward smile in the ensuing silence
>he suddenly moves over and puts a small prayer book in my breast pocket
>tells me that I don't have to read it, just keep it with me, and surely Torm will protect me on the battlefield

>several weeks later, survive a near-fatal stab to the chest because the book was in the way
>book stained with blood, but I don't throw it away
>adventures continue to pass, cleric and I become close bros despite our difference in faith
>keep ribbing him about his beliefs in Torm while he ribs me about my atheism
>we realize that, despite our religious beliefs, we've been fighting for the same values all this time
>>
>>44810568
>>44810869
>dawn of the final day, about to face off with the BBEG in one last climactic confrontation
>keeping watch by the campfire, watching dawn break when the cleric takes a seat beside me
>"Could I have a word with you about our lord and savior almighty Torm?"
>the usual banter ensures, segues into serious discussion
>"I have fought alongside you all this time, and I know you like a brother. You say you do not worship Torm, but you have lived with honesty and loyalty. You have stood against corruption. You have fought for law and order. You say Torm is not your god, but you live by his values. Have you not realized? All this time, He HAS been your god, in your heart."
>I laugh
>"Have YOU not realized? I said, long ago, didn't I? Fair enough, Torm holds the values that I hold, as do you. But I don't fight because I believe in Torm's values. I fight because I believe in mine. I don't believe in gods to help me if I cannot help myself. I believe in my own strength, and the strength of those fighting beside me. I believe in you, channeling Torm onto the battlefield as I cannot. To me, Torm isn't a god to be worshiped. He's a comrade."
>secretly, I had started taking levels in Paladin several sessions earlier
>>
File: abandon.gif (323KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
abandon.gif
323KB, 267x199px
>>44810858
Either way you get eaten by the Wall of the Faithless.
>>
File: you keep using that word.jpg (22KB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
you keep using that word.jpg
22KB, 300x252px
>>44810869
>Knows God's exist
>Atheist
>>
>>44810858
Then you aren't a fucking atheist. Words have definitions.

>>44810789
No there isn't a rule smartass, but it's pretty fair to say almost every setting (especially fucking FR) contains a lot of proof of divine beings.
>>
>>44810890
I dunno, it's not too hard to imagine some wizard of oz thing going on, where all that power is just a facade of lesser beings. Maybe groups of angels or fiends get together to emulate their gods functions by committee.
>>
Would an immensely powerful demon or devil be distinguishable from an actual deity who is chaotic evil or lawful evil to an in-universe mortal? Is there even any practical distinction between the two beyond mechanical terms?
>>
>>44810983
Well fiends will physically appear drastically more different than most deities, even the evil ones, but at the same time some fiends have risen to deity status, like asmodeus.
>>
>>44809232
Anyone gonna help me stat Meng Hao from ISSTH?

I want to play a scholar-swindler-monk-alchemist.
Maybe fey pact warlock as well with dat parrot patron.
>>
>>44810890
I'm sure he means is that he knows that the beings that claim to be gods exist, but he believes that they are not gods at all but merely powerful usurpers who arrogantly claim to be gods.
>>
>>44810890
While not identical, i could easily see a pseudo-atheist who knows "gods" exist, but believes in none of the original/creator gods, and that all the "real" "gods" are just really powerful beings like any other.
>>
>>44811073
What actually distinguishes the actual gods from really powerful beings anyway? The ability to grant power to followers?

In 4e at least, I remember there was at least one mortal who became a god by killing the previous owner of her portfolio.
>>
>>44811149
In FR they have to be approved by Ao the creator god or some shit. Don't put much stock into this, I literally just googled it.
>>
So I rolled stats and I'm not sure what to go.

STR 14
DEX 14
CON 15
INT 17
WIS 14
CHA 7

Is wizard best?
>>
I'm gonna run Lost Mine in Phandelver in next week. Know any good maps that I can use?
>>
>>44809938
20d10=110
a level 20 wizard can't cast lv8 spells
this is stupid
you're stupid
kill yourself
>>
>>44811343
Wizard/Eldritch Knight/Arcane Trickster would be /best/ but you could honestly go anything that isn't a Charisma based caster with those stats and not be sub-par in any way.
>>
>>44810568

Of all the settings you chose to be an atheist in, you're one in a setting where gods play an important part of the setting?

Not, say, Eberron or Dark Sun, where it would make more sense.
>>
>>44811368
I'm thinking abj wizard and be tanky with the decent con and dex, or maybe some kind of cleric. Already got an Eldritch Knight so I would prefer going full caster.
>>
Um new guy here.
I'm reading the rulebook and it says humans get the ability score increase of 1 point in all stats as a race feature.
Does that mean during character creation i just add 1 point to all my stats or just to one of my choice?
>>
>>44811456
Not a bad choice desu. Make sure to beg your DM to include scrolls in loot to fill your spell book with.
>>
>>44811343
Looks like a decent EK to me.
>>
>>44811475
All of them.
>>
>>44811485
>EK
>With 14 STR & DEX

No. Fucking no.
>>
>>44810717
Those books sound so ridiculous when thinking on the FR, I love it.

"Here's a book explaining how Torm doesn't exist, despite the fact he was seen by thousands fairly recently and actively participated in a huge event that involved the slaying of the God of Tyranny and the loss of many lives.
No seriously, that whole thing was just... orbital wobble."
>>
>>44811489
Cool. So with point buy i get to 13,13,13,14,14,14.
That bard character is taking shape.
>>
>DM started using traps/spells/abilities and not allowing saves
>DM started using insta death
>DM started using "a hundred guards appear and arrest you"

I mean, I like you dude but when your players move from asking for saves and shooting ideas to just saying "Ok I guess I can't do anything what happens next" you have a problem
>>
>>44811603
>Players are dumb as shit and jump into obvious traps where there is no physical way they can survive
>They bitch about dying when they had ample warning about danger and several other options
>Players try to steal in broad daylight from a high class, high security part of town and get upset when the guards get called and quickly arrest them

I mean, I like my players but when they do dumb shit and just say "wow this is too hard how did we die?" you have a problem.
>>
>>44811361
Yeah the LMoP maps
>>
>>44811532
You need a main stat you are going to use to attack. It could be CHA for spells, or if you want to rely on weapons, STR/AGI for weapons, but you absolutely need at least a 16, later bumped up to 18 and 20, or you'll be kinda useless.
>>
>>44811623
Keep being a salty motherfucker
>>
>>44811691
All real experiences from DMing online actually.
>>
>>44811701
Justified salt is still salt
>>
>>44811676

Those maps are made for DM. I need maps for players.
>>
>>44811737
It's impossible to not be jaded as fuck after playing TTRPGs online.
>>
>>44811739
They don't have Player maps in the OP mega?
>>
>>44811343
My immediate reaction would be Eldritch Knight, but like >>44811368 said, anything outside of a Charisma-based caster would work well enough. Play whatever you're going to have the most fun with.
>>
>>44811770

I checking it right now and I feel fucking stupid now. I thought it only have pdf files...
>>
>>44809232
Start using a tripcode, and stop making these threads. You suck at it.
>>
>>44811603
Give examples of why each of these things happened.
>>
>>44811944
Not him, but what does it matter? Even a colossal fuckup shouldn't have those results. Maaaaybe the hundred guards but that's an actual army.
>>
>>44810710
>Being slave to extraplanar entity.
>>
>>44812001
>Be flying on an airship thousands of feet above ground
>Pirates riding another airship show up, they fly over to your ship on griffons.
>"I want to try and jump to there ship!"
>"There's no way you could make it unless you rolled a 20 or something so I'd advise against that."
>He tries anyway
>complains when it doesn't work and falls thousands of feet to the ground
>>
Shocking grasp on monk yay or nay?
I'm trying to make use of the magic initiate feat.
Should i go with a dex based fighter instead with it?
>>
>>44812090
>inb4 I get discredited for spelling *their* wrong.
>>
>>44812090
Shouldn't even tell them that they could pass on a nat 20. You don't do impossible things because you "crit" a skill check.
>>
>>44812090
That's not what he was saying and you fucking know it.
>>
Someone needs to adapt the old True20 supernatural powers to D&D 5e...
>>
>>44812129
So what is a colossal fuck up then?
I'm sorry I don't have my dictionary on me to look that up.
>>
>>44812090
No saves for instant stuns, instant death on failed saves, walk into room no save paralyze and damage traps, enter city arrested by 100 guards for framed kidnapping spend 4 game hours listening to two npcs argue until a 3rd npc arrives to rescue us etc

Funnily enough falling damage caps at 20d6 so instant death from falling would also be bullshit
>>
>>44812090
If you say 'unless you rolled a 20', they think 'Aha! A 1 in 20 chance, I'm sure to succeed!'.

You should instead tell them to look up the Jumping rules and work out how far they can jump, or, if you want to save time, just say 'You can't fucking jump that far.'
>>
File: sad_keanu.jpg (33KB, 307x409px) Image search: [Google]
sad_keanu.jpg
33KB, 307x409px
>>44812001
>Even a colossal fuckup shouldn't have those results.

I miss when player skill was a thing... Back to the 80s I go.
>>
>>44812096
No point why would you attempt single a d8 attack over extra attacks/flurry
>>
>>44812191
Hm well i was taking a dex based monk1/fighter 2 with the Unarmoured defense, Mobile (variant human) and Magic initiate (instead of Action surge)feats.
Now just looking at what cantrips i should choose and what lvl 1 spell i should go with.
>>
>>44812182
Though 20D6 is essentially instant death for most characters below lvl 10. If your strong enough to survive a fall like that then 100 guards should be a cakewalk to cut your way through.
>>
>>44812151
You're confusing bad decisions with literal suicide. Also, instant death with simple massive damage.
>>
File: 1452307118301.png (520KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452307118301.png
520KB, 640x720px
>>44812299
Even a handful of first level characters can survive that (if they pass death saves).
It's just a nearly impossible longshot.
Either way, rolling all of those dice in front of the player grants perspective on what they've done.
>>
>>44812332
What situation is 20d6 not instant death for a level 1 pc?
>>
>>44812396
Rolling all 1s if the PC has more than 6 HP.
>>
Would a martial archetype based around using the environment as a weapon be viable?

Abilities gained at different levels would be things like being able to draw and throw pocket sand with one action, proficiency with improvised weapons, getting finesse with small improvised weapons, getting a limited selection of maneuvers from the Battlemaster list, at higher levels allowing improvised weapons to count as magical for purposes of bypassing DR, being able to use immobile objects within five feet as improvised weapons against someone you're grappling (for example, slamming someone's head into a bookcase).

Would anybody here play it, assuming decent balance with other martial archetypes? Would anyone allow it in their games as a DM? Again, assuming balance.
>>
>I'm a demilich that just wants to sit in my sweet-ass dungeon astrally exploring the cosmos.
>I know adventuring assholes will come and try to steal my shit while I'm gone.
>I want to leave one or two safe paths throughout my dungeon for my minions to traverse and clean up the place, hopefully no intelligent groups of delvers will find them. All other paths have various traps and tricks.
>I get contacted by ASHA, telling me my traps are too dangerous. And my tricks too clever.
>Suddenly now every idiot with half a brain can clear out my entire home.
what do I do?
>>
>>44812418
10 hp, friend. More than 10 hp
>>
>>44812418
It's 20d6
Not 6d20
No level one character can withstand that.
>>
>>44812418
That actually has to be 10 hp, or else instant death applies. 6 or more does apply if the character has resistance to bludgeoning from rage or blade ward or the like, though.
>>
>>44812332
If you roll bare minimum damage maybe, but that's literally planets aligning amount of luck. Tbh though if my player did something to get themself knocked off a 200 foot cliff or something and no did anything to save them, I'd probably rule it as either disadvantage on death saving throws or some form of severe permanent injury that could only be cured with an appropriate spell.

Then again this wouldn't happen because my players are extremely cautious and well prepared when we actually get together to play.
>>
>>44812471
Unless they save.
>>
>>44812495
To be entirely clear:
>Instant Death
>Massive damage can kill you instantly. When damage reduces you to 0 hit points and there is damage remaining, you die if the remaining damage equals or exceeds your hit point maximum.
As per PHB page 197.
>>
>>44812495
Save what? Save from falling? That would prevent the damage for sure.

There is no save for falling damage. The closest you can get to a falling damage save is an athletics check to reduce the distance you are considered falling by your jump distance. Or so my dm has told me.
>>
>>44812557
>falling while holding a chair
>jump from the chair when close to the ground
>>
>>44812471

Someone with a high con and large hit die could if you rolled 1 on all twenty dice.
>>
>>44812595
A barbarian has a d12 hit die.
Even with 20 con at level 1 that's only 17 HP.
He is dead.
>>
>>44812595
(1/6)^20=2,74^-16
>>
>>44812634
No, he is unconscious.
He could very well proceed to make his death saving throws at this point, assuming he doesn't get pecked by a bird twice.
>>
>>44812439
That's just sounds like a Battlemaster with Tavern Brawler, but his archetype crippled in favor of a highly situational condition. Being without an actual weapon doesn't happen often enough and even if you gave improvised weapons some damage boost or other advantages that put it on par or slightly better than proper weapons... a player could just use normal weapons and take a different archetype that has benefits rather than an archetype that merely makes a last resort style of combat less shit.
>>
>>44812595
Technically true.

But the odds of rolling 1s on 20d6s is ridiculously small. Supposing you had someone roll 20d6 once every second, you would get 20 1s roughly once every 116000 millennia.
>>
>>44812594
Would not help. You still fell all that other distance before jumping so you would still take the damage from before jumping. Not that you can even do that but even if you could it wouldn't work.
>>
>>44812634

He wouldn't die from massive damage.
>>
>>44812715
It's a meme, shitlord
>>
>>44809232
What do I write by the end of my homebrew if I want to post it at the DMguild?
How do I write it?
Do I need to add the legal content and shit?
>>
>>44812244
You can't just pick magic initiate instead of action surge
>>
Did they ever fix how Lucky interacts with Disadvantage, or is it still "Roll 3 dice and pick the one you want to use on the roll"?
>>
>>44812920
I dont think so.
>>
>>44812821
He can do anything if the DM says so
>>
>>44809232

>Playing in Thieves Guild campaign
>Warlock2/Bard1
>Friends in party be like "nigga what"
>Pact of the Great Old One
>Drop inspiration on those niggas with my mind
>"Oh, I get it"

First session was pretty fun.
>>
>>44811895
>If I was to do it, I'd rework hunter's mark into a class feature and then emphasize multiple attacks, at an earlier level than a fighter but with a more strict weapon selection to fully utilize them (dual wield, ranged).
Mechanically, that risks falling in the monk's niche. I'd still personally write an animal companion based ranger. There's also things that could be done around making their spellcasting better, including a short rest resource ability to emphasise their grit and mettle, and preparedness themes for their spell-like features instead of spontaneous caster style.
>>
>>44812653
The concept I originally had was someone who benefits greatly from manipulating the environment and fighting dirty, but I couldn't think of how to effectively represent it. Maybe some kind of trapmaking ability, or the ability to drop caltrops closer together to raise the DC to avoid them but only over a smaller area?

Thoughts?
>>
>>44810254
Still retarded. If you want to go through with your retarded idea, and want to give something else to SS monk, let them blind with sunbolts similar to stunning strike.
>>
File: 1384031173339.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1384031173339.png
50KB, 250x250px
>co-worker introduces me to his 5e group, offers me a spot
>decide to come out of my comfort zone and play female
>roll up a female human wizard
>DM looks at me and says ''okay you take a -2 penalty to INT since you are playing a girl''
>mfw
>>
>>44810443
I know you want to
>Sneak attack with alchemist's fire.
>>
>>44813345

Dropping Caltrops sounds like a Cunning Action use for Rogues.

You basically want Cunning Action for fighters, how I read it.

Multiclass, dip a couple into rogue. You'll lose out on some HP long-run, but not a ton. It's worth it to do what you want.
>>
>>44813378
I don't believe that happened. If it did, run away.
>>
>>44813396
>this action can only be used for the Dash, Disengage, or Hide actions
>>
>>44813378

What a cunt. My DM is sexist, too. He said I couldn't play a female Paladin I had rolled up because he didn't like people playing the opposite gender. Really, it's because he doesn't see any woman as anything other than off limits or a prospect, sucks.

Another player's girlfriend is in the group, he made her get pregnant with an air elemental. He like, rolled for all the "action" too. Cringe.

My wife and I have been looking for a new group.
>>
>>44813422

Aw shit, I'm thinking the Thief Archetype. You can use your cunning action to use an object with that iirc. So a 3 level dip. Might be a tad much? I've dipped harder.
>>
>>44812821
You can replace any feat or ASI with another feat you meet the requirements for.
>>
>>44813490
Action surge isn't a feat
>>
>>44813490
At certain levels, your class gives you the Ability Score
Improvement feature. Using the optional feats rule, you
can forgo taking that feature to take a feat of your choice
instead.

Dunno where you got 'replace a feat' from and as >>44813536 said, not a feat anyway.
>>
>>44812439
>being able to draw and throw pocket sand with one action
Pocket sand is a joke, not a thing. But if it was a thing you could throw it on the same turn as you draw it. You should not give a martial archetype a finesse feature. Especially one based on grappling and using the environment and improvised weapons.
>>
>>44813536

>>44813558

Action surge isn't a feat?

Wait a minute... So of the features in the class table only some of them are counted as feats?
Is unarmored movement another one like that?
>>
>>44813593
None of them are feats, feats are just the stuff listed under the feats optional rule.
>>
>>44813593
Where it says ability score increase, you can replace those with feats if you're using them. Everything else is class features.
>>
>>44813593
>>44813622
>A feat represents a talent or an area of expertise that gives
a character special capabilities. It em bodies training,
experience, and abilities beyond what a class provides
>>
>>44813625
So if there are 2 class features at the same level you get both if it isn't stated that you have to pick one of them ?
>>
>>44812920
Nothing to fix. Not broken. Working as intended, apparently. Feel free to house rule if that's what's required for your sanity. If you can't get lucky while blindfolded then why do I keep wearing this paper bag in bed.
>>
>>44813588
>You should not give a martial archetype a finesse feature. Especially one based on grappling and using the environment and improvised weapons.

You could have grappling/shove work off of acrobatics. That'd be a cool thing.
>>
>>44813664
For example martial arts and unarmored combat.
>>
>>44813593
Feats and Features are different things.
Everything in a Class and their Archetypes are all Features.

The only place that Feats exist are on Page 165-170.

>>44813664
You do get your Class Features and your Archetype Features, whether or not they're earned on the same level.
>>
>>44813686
I suddenly feel so dumb for asking.
Thank you for the help.
>>
>>44813664
You get everything your class table lists
>>
Is UA Ranger balanced?
>>
>>44813743

It's a step in the right direction.
>>
>>44813422
>>44813396
Bonus action to use the environment to attack as with an improvised weapon. Once per short rest, the next attack on a creature hit by this attack is made with advantage.
>>
>>44813789

Definitely shouldn't work with anything other than a onehanded light weapon.
>>
>>44812712
Under rated post
>>
>>44813684
Yes, absolutely.
>>
>>44811499
he'll have 20 in either one by level 8 anyway

i think its solid

plus he can pick a +2 strength race if he wants
>>
>>44813743
Ambuscade is a ridiculously OP ability at level 1, especially for multiclassing.
>>
So I've read that 5E's numbers were designed with no/low magic items in mind.

My question is: what happens if you do the opposite? +2 longswords and +1 armor everywhere?

I've been playing a lot of roguelikes and reading through some old modules (the kind where a random shopkeeper might have a +2 dagger) and I want to run that style of game.

The DMG does make references to running a "High Magic Campaign" but I'm worried it'll mess with the difficulty or general game balance.
>>
>>44815304
>The DMG does make references to running a "High Magic Campaign" but I'm worried it'll mess with the difficulty or general game balance.
it will

what is your actual question?

since you asked this knowing it would mess with balance.

>My question is: what happens if you do the opposite? +2 longswords and +1 armor everywhere?

the game becomes unbalanced and you have to throw increasingly tougher threats at players

you can have some magic items as is now and keep things relatively balanced, but maybe stick to magic items that don't offer flat bonuses.
>>
>>44815304
Magic items were designed to be more or less optional, I think.

Notice how most of the magic items from the DMG give alternative things to do on your action that often provide small increases in damage or such, but don't usually give you large increases in accuracy or only provide a limited amount of uses if they do. This is because 5e's bounded accuracy makes flat +1 bonuses far more potent.

A high magic campaign is still possible, but you simply limit the amount of +1 items you give out.

Another way of doing it is to give out all the flat bonuses you want, and scale enemies in strength accordingly, but that's harder to balance.
>>
>>44815304
The basic effects are:
1. Characters will be more powerful than assumed, and
2. Characters will be more versatile than assumed.

Neither of these are honestly a problem if you're not one of those DMs that insist on murdering their players at every turn. Player characters with more magic items will appear even more heroic, and the attunement limit should still keep them mostly in check anyway.
>>
>>44815304

I want my fucking Eberron book already.

I want some actual rules for a high magic setting.
>>
>>44815358
>>44815386
Well a few things I was thinking about:

1. Being more lax with the encounter building rules. That dungeon has a dragon at the end whether you're level 1 or level 20, so PCs have to run away from it, avoid it, or find some other way to nab its treasure.

2. Those magic items aren't in chests, the monsters are using them. So the fighter might have a +1 longsword, but the hobgoblin captain has a +2 maul.

But I still want it to be fun as a game, so maybe this will seem unfairly stacked against the players, at least at first?

Maybe I'll use those minor magic items from that one website instead.
>>
File: 8UR451HKDD5I1407253622273.jpg (105KB, 640x300px) Image search: [Google]
8UR451HKDD5I1407253622273.jpg
105KB, 640x300px
5E Warlocks. It seems like Pact of the Tome and going Eldritch Blast spam is the only way to go.

I've made a blade pact warlock but until 12th level, I don't feel like I'm going to be able to make much of a difference in combat. None of the spells this early really jump out at me as "This is the way you can make up for your shortcomings," other than the darkness / magic darkvision invocation combo to always have advantage on melee hits. Is there something I'm missing here? I'd prefer not to use that combo, as my invocations are already set for fluff reasons.
>>
File: 3771801-2630343543-Jango.jpg (177KB, 582x1114px) Image search: [Google]
3771801-2630343543-Jango.jpg
177KB, 582x1114px
I know people hate these questions, but how do I make a dragonborn that is essentially pic related?
>>
>>44815553
Have no character and get your head chopped off
>>
>>44815547
like all gishes you're giving up depth for versatility

being able to string two attacks together is still powerful. you want to lean on things like armor of agathys which both gives temp hp and gives you a way to deal damage outside the action economy.

its an uphill battle for bladelocks but you can do it. you might need to just not think too hard about what might have been if you had done things different and just run in sword drawn.
>>
>>44815553
You can't.
>Make a character.
That works, the race doesn't mean jack shit. Probably Fighter X/Sorc the rest. Grab heavy/mediun armor and cast away. Fluff your magic as coming out of your custom gear.
>>
>>44815547
Yes, Pact of the Blade being overwhelming has been established. There's no way to fix that by RAW, though taking GFB can help a bit.

However, Pact of the Chain's utility uses can break campaigns wide open, by letting you basically be in two places at once, as long as those places are on the same plane And in one of those places you are invisible and can fly and shape-shift at will, which is extremely potent even without being able to attack.
>>
File: 254383078922139149gRbOALV8c.jpg (142KB, 500x585px) Image search: [Google]
254383078922139149gRbOALV8c.jpg
142KB, 500x585px
>>44815553
i think you could figure it out

i personally would go either EK or ranger
>>
>>44809343
5 replies in and Salts McGee is already in overdrive.

Well done, OP.
>>
>>44815656
>>44815649

Yeah that's pretty neat. I can live with that I guess. Maybe some future spells will add enough versatility to at least feel more fun, if not more effective. Repelling blast seems cool, but I had to waste an evocation to be able to read all written text
>>
if you dont play a high elf wizard evoker and you havent yet refluffed firebolt as a burning bow with burning arrows that you shoot at niggas then nigga YOU GAY
>>
>>44816062

Evocation is canonically the gayest school.

Get bent longears
>>
>>44816077
all magic is gay you fucking fancyman

pick up a sword like a real man
>>
Anyone have a PDF of the Primeval Thule campaign setting for 5e?
>>
>>
File: fairytale kururu.jpg (459KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
fairytale kururu.jpg
459KB, 848x1200px
>>44816062
>not being gay
>not playing a 170-year-old christmas cake ex-magical girl high elf bladesinger who's started adventuring to relive the glory days of her youth
>>
Out of curiosity, how useful is the Tome for a spellcasting Warlock? 3 extra cantrips seems kinda meh..unless there's some fun combos I'm not noticing?

Actually I think it would be a better question to ask, how does a Warlock character play in general? Fighters and Wizards seem very cut and dry in what their roles are, but I'm having trouble sorting out what Warlocks are good at/focus on.
>>
>>
File: 1450523354623.jpg (84KB, 600x633px) Image search: [Google]
1450523354623.jpg
84KB, 600x633px
>>44816443
>>44816550
>>44816599

Shut the fuck up, dude.
>>
>>44816588
Tome in general lets you cherry-pick your choice of cantrips from other classes, like Guidance, Resistance or Shillelagh. It's useful for anyone.

In battle, Warlocks primarily deal damage with Eldritch Blast just like Fighters just use Attack all day. However they also get higher level spells, which they will reliably have a small number of each short rest, unlike other casters who have to conserve spells with respect to the entire day.

Depending on your choice of spells, you may use these slots to incapacitate enemies while your allies mop up, deal additional damage to kill enemies faster, provide utility out of combat or otherwise fuck shit up on a somewhat lesser but more continuous scale than other casters.
>>
>>44816588

Don't look at Warlocks like they're a fullcaster--you'll be severely disappointed.

Think of them as Martials that have access to a few magical tricks.
>>
I once saw a PDF of quick-and-dirty monster stats (similar to the Monster Statistics by Challenge Rating table in the DMG).

Basically it had "stock" stats so you could easily create a monster on the fly.

Anyone have it?
>>
>>44810717
>Leave some books in his sack, one titled "The Torm Delusion" by the wizard Ralmevik Dawkins and another titled "Torm Is Not Great" by the sorcerer Carric Hitchens

Just realised now that I can role play a peter hitchens cleric
>>
>>44816722
>>44816761

I didn't notice the short rest to recover spell slots part. So essentially you've got consistent magic output plus other tricks up your sleeve, but you're not as powerful magically as a Wizard/Sorcerer or as powerful martially as a Fighter/Barbarian?
>>
>>44816811
That's not exactly how it works. You won't be pumping out spells as often as a full caster until you get your 3rd spell slot, which unfortunately takes a long ass time and is probably the sole reason Warlocks are such a chore to play.

You will consistently be dealing a lot of damage at range with Eldritch Blast, and because of that you don't need to focus your spells on any other damage. You will be able to cast 6-9th level spells as consistently as a full caster. You will have some at will spells and powers that grant you extra utility.

You will not be able to cast low level spells anywhere near as often as a full caster, although when you do cast a low level spell it will always be at your highest spell slot level. If your DM isn't keen on short rests you will be suffering, especially during the very long period where you only have 2 spell slots. You will feel at times that all you're doing is casting eldritch blast all day, which is true.

In my opinion the value and worth of Warlock comes from out of combat scenarios and interactions.
>>
>>44816811
You're not really supposed to play a Warlock martially at all. Bladelock may give you a weapon, but you're really better off spamming Eldritch Blast.

Eldritch Blast is the best damage cantrip in the game, because makes 4 attacks at level 20, thus triggering effects like Hex 4 times, while other cantrips would be stuck at one. With just Eldritch Blast and the Agonizing Blast Invocation you WILL be taking at level 2, your damage matches that of an unoptimized Fighter.

You are indeed not as magically powerful as the other casters, though. You don't have as many different tricks, but you do have some unique to you, and potentially have some pretty long sleeves to hide them all in.

As long as your DM lets you take short rests often, at least.
>>
>>44809232
Looks like we're going to need to start a list of well thought out additions and supplements (with an attempt to disregard personal taste), because there's going to be a lot of poorly executed or unbalanced ideas published through this.
>>
>>44809288

You shouldn't do this more than once per session (and not even that much reallt), but its okay if you need a second to figure out "what next" after a player does something you didn't at all expect.
>>
I love RPing my human bard with 14 charisma. He's got lots of fans in the Silver Marches.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0s2WUuPKirx
>>
>>44817247
5/10 made me smile slightly
>>
>>44817283
That's all we can hope for.
>>
Running OotA and I just finished prerolling random encounters for their first trek in the underdark, I'm pretty sure I'm set for the next couple of runs. The way I see it I'll be able to run travel and encounters on said travels faster, is there any disadvantage to prerolling random encounters?
Also, any tips on running OotA are welcome.
>>
>>44817350
When you leave things up to chance and learn to live in the moment, amazing things happen. Just fly by the seat of your pants and let God work in your life!
>>
>>44817247
Are you the drunk Vocaroo guy?

All Americans sound the same to me.
>>
>>44817422
yes
>>
>>44817350
>is there any disadvantage to prerolling random encounters?

No, besides "it's not as fun".

Even if it makes no difference to the players, there's some psychological effect that makes rolling more interesting. The players going north probably means a different result to the players going south (assuming dice are reasonably random and you don't have access to a time machine).

If you have written down: "7 goblins, then 4 drow, then 6 darkmantles plus a gray ooze" and it doesn't matter what the players do or what direction they go in, these encounters will happen, then it's less exciting for you.

Remember that the Dice Gods are deciding these encounters to make the game interesting for everyone.
>>
>>44817462
Neat.

Do you play at the tabletop, or online?
>>
>>44817373
I used to do that, but rolling it all up at the table can take up time otherwise spent actually playing the game, then again, I could have the random encounter lists on a couple of post its for faster on the fly rolling, witch I will have to do IF the players manage to bulldoze through the all the prerolled traveling encounters with out stopping at a town/set encounter witch may happen if they decide on an absurdly long trek... I guess only time will answer me.
>>
>>44817545
I play in a couple live games a week, one with friends I've played with since highschool, the other with mixed company from work. I don't play online typically but I have played on Roll20.
>>
>new DM made the mistake of having NPCs solve everything

Should have gone to /tg/ first, bucko
>>
>>44817522
Thank you for the reply, considering the difficulty of some of the encounters (they are level 2 and there is a lot of terrain+creatures) I'm actually looking forward to a lot of them. for instance a couple of orogs at the top of a high ledge with stairs, other escaped slaves with an incoming rockslide. Gives me time to think of strategies for the smarter enemies and dilemmas for the less fighty ones, I'm confident at least a couple of escapees will end up down/dead. I could also just pretend to roll the random encounter dice to make things feel more... dicey for the players.
Maybe, if I get more preptime I might even draw up little maps for the encounters, increasing their depth.
How did you handle foraging/supplies? I can imagine roleplaying a couple of the escapees arguing over food could be fun the first time around but tedious if overdone.
How does anon handle the food?
>>
>>44813743
It makes me more interested in playing a Ranger instead of "I'd rather just make a Fighter or Druid".

The small boost in health more than makes up for the loss of Medium Armor Proficiency (not really a loss at all; I'll get to 20 Dex soon enough).

I think the natural proficiency in the Herbalism Kit will be very useful and especially be often overlooked because Crafting anything is always so overlooked.

Ambuscade making a Ranger both unable to be surprised and getting a quick shot the instant a fight starts has great potential, especially combined with Skirmisher Stealth, to make him stand out as a more unique hit&run sniper rather than just another archer standing next to a Fighter archer.

Depending on what they do for the higher levels of the Spirit Companions it could lead to great synergy with the Beastmaster Animal Companion or be a substitute for the Animal while going Hunter... assuming it is actually an inherit class feature starting at Level 3 and they just didn't forget to say the world "Archetype" at least once.
>>
>>44809758

You are the hero we need.
>>
>>44810869
>>44810875
Nice story anon
>>
File: 743828928.jpg (74KB, 736x755px) Image search: [Google]
743828928.jpg
74KB, 736x755px
Is Warlock Pact of the Chain the best class for familiar/animal companions? Any tips on making the most of that concept?
>>
>>44810959
Heaven forbid different societies have different definitions for words based on the structure of the reality in which they live.
>>
Atheist just means "god denyer" though, you can deny God even in a setting with ample evidence of His existence.
Pretty dumb thing to do, but then they are atheists.
>>
What do you call someone who recognizes that gods exist and chooses not to worship any of them? I usually don't make religion a big part of my characters, and rather have them aware of many of the gods who share similar beliefs as my character and respect them without all the praying and venerating and all that.
>>
Faction from Planescape
Athar - ("Defiers", "The Lost"), who deny not only the gods' right to pass judgment over mortals, but their very divinity. They claim that the gods (whom they call "powers") are powerful but have limits and do not deserve worship. Instead, Athar priests channel divine power from what they call the "Great Unknown", or what they believe to be the true divine force behind everything. Their headquarters in Sigil is the Shattered Temple, the former temple of the dead god Aoskar. The Athar are broadly derived from real-world atheists, agnostics, and Deists.
>>
>>44820915

Faith-indifferent or nonreligious.

Religion is, after all, the belief system; the belief in the deity itself is not inherent to that. I can believe in "nature" without worshipping it.
>>
File: shit taste.jpg (82KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
shit taste.jpg
82KB, 680x680px
>Friend invites me to his DnD group at college
>I didn't even know there were any groups, the 'fantasy club' is a bunch of autists that sit around watching anime all day
>Ask who's running it
>"The Queer Department, wanna play with us?"

Oh god, what am I in for if I go?
>>
>>44821712
You'll have a yabba dabba do time.
A dabba do time.
You'll have a gay old time.
>>
>>44821712
>The Queer Department
What in the fuck is this?
>>
>>44821915
This shouldn't have made me laugh.
>>
>>44821712
Probably a good campaign unless they're all quirky memesters. Gay people get a +2 to role-playing.

>>44821917
Most sizeable colleges have some kind of LGBT club. It's nothing new.
>>
the queer department sounds so formal
>>
>>44822189
bunch of homos walking around in suits talking about the gay agenda for the day.
>>
>>44822212
did you file those dick reports yet anon?
I really need them in time for the penis - butt merger meeting tomorrow
>>
File: 1452820257846.jpg (149KB, 1564x900px) Image search: [Google]
1452820257846.jpg
149KB, 1564x900px
>>44816550
Keep your eyes peeled for the next general. I'll post it then.
>>
Buncha guys who spend all day butt fucking with the window/dorm room door open and just rubbing their big cocks in our faces and when we sit down to breakfast in the morning they break in our homes and touch dicks over our cereal, fucking gross
>>
>>44822212
>>44822259
Said the guys who pay for the Patriarchy monthly.
>>
>>44822288
Any idea when the next general will be up?
>>
>>44822312
the lesbian division of the queer department is like accounting, the bitter shut-ins that nobody associates with unless they have to.
>>
>>44822189
>>44822212
>>44822259
>>44822312
>>44822371

I want some kind of Vogons/Brazil setting based around this now.
>>
are Dragonborn Paladins always servants of Bahamut?
>>
>>44822560
They can be servants of whatever you want.
>>
>>44822414
Whats a vogon?
>>
>>44822750
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxPeIiU2kx4
>>
>>44822288
Why don't you just post it now? There's still over 50 posts til the bump limit, /5eg/ has gone like 150 posts past that at times.
>>
File: hitchhikers-history-11.jpg (40KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
hitchhikers-history-11.jpg
40KB, 500x328px
>>44822750
>They are one of the most unpleasant races in the galaxy - not actually evil, but bad tempered, bureaucratic, officious and callous. They wouldn't even lift a finger to save their own grandmothers from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal without an order, signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public enquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters. If you want to get a lift from a Vogon, forget it. They are vile and ill tempered. If you want to get a drink from a Vogon, stick your finger down his throat. If you want to annoy a Vogon, feed his grandmother to the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.

From The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Good books (well, three of them).
>>
>>44822808
This series is stupid, lol earth is getting destroyed so they can build a space highway, lmao british humor
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (464KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
464KB, 1600x1200px
>>44822839
This series is stupid, lol guy is prank called to deliver pizza then falls out of a chair into cryostasis, lmao american humor.
>>
>>44822988
Yea it is stupid. Grown men don't watch cartoons.
>>
>>44822988
Don't take the bait, bro. Don't let the thread derail like this.
>>
>>44822778
>>44822808
Hum.... ok, brazilian here.
>>
>>44823015
Tell that to /co/.
>>
>>44823097
I don't go there. They like to watch cartoons, that's their problem, but it's silly.
>>
>>44823015
>>44823151
>Man who literally plays make believe for fun is saying cartoons are for kids.
>>
>>44823204
I get that you are hurt by my statements but sitting around a table with friends playing d&d is not the same as watching cartoons.
>>
>>44823293
>He doesn't watch movie and tv shows with friends.
>>
literally stop
>>
>>44822332
When this one is gone.

Piss off.
>>
>>44823358
>he only communicates through green text
>>
>>44823440
Kek, calm down matey, I was just asking an honest question.
>>
>>44812458
Move to your fortress of conclusion, Acererak.
>>
>>44821712
Go. Why not? A lot of these people live in fantasy lands so they can make alright roleplayers. If it sucks ass just don't go next time.
>>
>>44823510
Yes, you were. Over and over again, as it happens.
>>
>>44821712
Why would a queer department call themselves that? It's like making a faggot department and asking who wants to come.
>>
>>44824296
Was I? Not to my knowledge. I asked one time in response to who I presumed was the OP mentioning the next general thread. I didn't know asking a simple question once sent you into an autistic fit, sorry.
>>
>>44824337
1. Some left-leaning LGBT groups have been reclaiming "queer" since the 1980s
2. Colleges tend to be have more left-leaning people as a rule
3. Connect the above together

Although I doubt "The Queer Department" is the official name, but probably either what they call themselves in jest or what that anon refers to it to keep with 4chan culture.
>>
>>44824337
Queers have reclaimed the word "queer", grandpa.
>>
>>44809232
>http://www.5esrd.com/
Why is there Small Personal Horse shit here?
>>
>>44824467
>>44824470
That sounds stupid.
>>
>>44824593
No idea what you're referring to. It has a Google banner ad near the top, and the only reason it would show that is if it was using targeted advertising directed at you. :^)
>>
What's your opinion on variant magic point rule instead of spell slots?
>>
>>44818867
>>44814960
>>44813780
Thanks faM
>>
>>44824632
http://www.5esrd.com/races/3rd-party-publisher-races/silver-games-llc---races
>>
>>44825048
It makes casters even more flexible. Other than that it's functionally identical.
>>
File: you've been served.jpg (3MB, 2432x4320px) Image search: [Google]
you've been served.jpg
3MB, 2432x4320px
>playing a fighter
>get jumped by 3 bugbears
>call out to cleric for heals
>he hands you this

wat do you do, /5eg/?
>>
>>44825651
Someone's trying to hard.
>>
>>44825651

!rep our med
>>
How the fuck do I become king if I'm not of noble birth?

Shit's pissing me off...
>>
>>44826027
Conquer the realm.
>>
>>44826027

just proclaim yourself a new royal line
>>
>>44826027
Make your own kingdom.
Marry a princess.
Become a knight and rise through the ranks of a kingdom with no legitimate heirs and try to become king that way.
ask your dm
>>
>>44826027
Usurp the king, kill all of his relatives, cede some minor territory to a neighboring state for allegiance, marry another king's daughter after said cession of territory and then declare yourself king as ordained by [INSERT NAME OF DEITY]
>>
>>44826027
Kill a king and his offspring, marry his widow.
>>
So I want my group to have access to +1 weapons and armor, but the dmg only talks about how rare they are. So I assume just add 500 to the base cost?
>>
>>44809232
Is there a character generator for 5e like there was for 3.5 and 4e?
>>
>>44826233
Best one is on iOS/android called 5th Edition Character Sheet
>>
File: 1384108769196.gif (3MB, 419x384px) Image search: [Google]
1384108769196.gif
3MB, 419x384px
http://dnd.wizards.com/search/site/strahd
>>
>>44826367
Witnessed.
>>
>>44826078
>>44826110
>>44826128
This sounds pretty evil. What if I don't want to be a bad king or at least get to kinghood in an evil way?
>>
File: finalcopy_original.png (1MB, 1143x805px) Image search: [Google]
finalcopy_original.png
1MB, 1143x805px
>>44826288
I appreciate it!

Have some comfy
>>
File: chopper-SUPER-surprised.png (126KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
chopper-SUPER-surprised.png
126KB, 288x288px
>>44826367
>2016
>OGL and SRD released
>then straight-up leaving FR to revisist Ravenloft
>>
>>44826409
Umm just overthrow a tyrant.
>>
>>44826367

how is emma watson so sexy. inb4 she looks like richard dawkins, that only makes my boner grow
>>
What's your experience with using the alien technology section in your games?
>>
This is probably a stupid question, but how does monk movement speed bonus work?
Does it stack? Like my base is 30ft, then I gain a level and it jumps by 10 to 40, then another level by 10 to 50?
Or is it a static bonus until the actual numbers change at 6th level, i.e. I go from 30 at 1st to 40 at 2nd to 45 at 6th?
>>
>>44825651
tell my squire to handle the boars while i fill out the paper work.
>>
>>44826223
If you want to sell them to the party yeah, but artificers are pretty rare and would probably only be found in large cities. That's my take on it anyways.
>>
>>44827255
>Or is it a static bonus until the actual numbers change at 6th level, i.e. I go from 30 at 1st to 40 at 2nd to 45 at 6th?
This one.
>>
>>44827328
Thanks m8
>>
>>44827304
Word. Thanks man
>>
>>44826367
So In March they are going to release a ravenloft adventure if I an reading this right. Sounds cool to me.
>>
I have always wondered, but only found vague, non straight answers to this... But when spells say they require V,S,M... Does it mean V (AND) S (AND) M? Or does it just mean one of them? (Obviously leaving out spells that require certain materials that are assigned a value.)
>>
Best talent for an arcane trickster rogue?
>>
>>44827933
You need all the components listed.
>>
>>44827957
Feat? Crossbow Expert maybe?
>>
>>44826403
Witness Me!
>>
>>44828026
Yes I was referencing that. Thank you for spelling it out.

Barjin quiesta pas tellemara...
>>
>>44822288
>>44824439

Hope you don't drop that PDF now, just because of that autistic fit comment.
>>
>>44809743
My open hand monk player once did this to force a spell caster past the enemy meat shields and right up to the party. I started being more careful with the caster positioning when they had appropriate intelligence or wisdom for such tactics.
>>
>>44810094
Well comparing 1d6 to 1d12, that's +3 damage per hit, as much as a barbarian gets. A twf ranger like this compared to a twf fighter it's a little stronger before path features and action surge. The twf rogues advantage in damage over the ranger is nearly cut in half, but they get their own bundle of tricks.

I dunno, it's close but considering its targeting limitations and not getting anything else it's probably a wash. Note though that the 5th level spell swift quiver will barely do more damage than your first level spell, but you have it as more of a class feature anyway. Perhaps a different method of damage increase is appropriate.
>>
>>44816599
>>44816443
>>44816550

And Then:
>>44824439
>Was I? Not to my knowledge.

Seconding >>44829983; he can Google that shit.
>>
So, anything in the guild any good? Or noteworthy at least?
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-17+at+01.50.07).jpg (196KB, 1179x673px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-17+at+01.50.07).jpg
196KB, 1179x673px
>>44826367
>http://dnd.wizards.com/search/site/strahd
>>44826403
>>44826446

fucking HILARIOUS since I've been working, running and posting shit about this setting

well regardless it's great news
>>
File: IMG_0638.jpg (121KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0638.jpg
121KB, 1024x768px
WHAT IS A MAN
>>
File: lolidk.jpg (77KB, 657x593px) Image search: [Google]
lolidk.jpg
77KB, 657x593px
>>44830853
It was the question in the OP but no one answered it, only bitched about it.
>>
Curse of Strahd scans when?
>>
>>44831257
March 12
>>
i've just been invited to play 5e and iv'e never played before 3 others are playing and they're a Cleric, Rogue and Druid. I'm thinking I'm thinking Warlock, Ranger or Wizard. Which one would be best to start with( it's a neutral campaign)
>>
lets say im a guy who wants to make a player do something

is it possible to use Thaumaturgy/prestiditation etc. to make it look like I have the power to take someone's heart out of their chest, and put it in a container until they do as I ask (kill a rival for me, get an artifact)? I'm the DM btw
>>
>>44832530
It would probably be an illusion spell. You'd need to make sure nobody's passive investigation is high enough to notice by default, and other associated fair chances to see through the illusion.
>>
>>44821712
It'll be an experience no matter what.

Do it.
>>
>>44832522
Wizard Is the stronger class but if you have never played dnd before go with ranger or fighter. Martial classes are the best classes to learn how to play with.
>>
We're two threads from the bottom, someone make a decent OP for the next one. And no fucking undertale.
>>
>>44833315
Here ya go >>44831743
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.