[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D 5e General: Castlevania Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 369
Thread images: 43

File: ravenloft confirmed.png (528KB, 600x386px) Image search: [Google]
ravenloft confirmed.png
528KB, 600x386px
>Core rulebooks, adventure modules, Unearthed Arcana
https://mega.nz#F!UVkTnT5b!FJ34UZ98BMY2mEtexenS7g

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>OGL and SRD for 5e
http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/systems-reference-document-srd

>Dungeon Masters Guild, buy and sell 5e shit using Wizard IPs
http://dmsguild.com

>Ravenloft is comin' back, baby!
http://dnd.wizards.com/search/site/strahd

Official press release is supposed to drop Monday, but the draft posts showing up in their search above and the press release preview pics that have been leaked all but confirm it.

What do you most hope to get out of this sudden shift to Wizards releasing a Ravenloft adventure, of all things? Eberron and Dark Sun when?
>>
I hope the adventure can also serve as a kit to run Ravenloft campaigns.
>>
File: 1335154889210.jpg (96KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1335154889210.jpg
96KB, 500x321px
>RAVENLOFT
>FUCKING
>CONFIRMED
>>
File: wuthering-heights.jpg (822KB, 1238x1951px) Image search: [Google]
wuthering-heights.jpg
822KB, 1238x1951px
Great! The return of gothic to Dungeons and Dragons! I will celebrate this by conducting an all-dwarf adventure scenario based on pic related.
>>
>>44831743
>Players clamoring for non-Realms setting support since launch
>First up is Ravenloft

Don't get me wrong, this shit is rad on so many levels, because seriously, who the fuck would have expected Ravenloft to get support of all things.

But as a fan of both Dark Sun and Eberron, I feel a bit gypped.
>>
>>44832945
Hey man, those both got 4e editions. They could just update FR and Eberron every time they revise the game but I'm glad they're making an effort to show some diverse settings

Birthright revival when?
>>
>>44832416
Shuddering Depths, the classic tale of the ill-fated love between the mine owner's daughter and a deep gnome.
>>
>>44832992
>Dark Sun 4e
>Worthwhile

You've got me on Eberron, though. Probably not a good fit for 5e.

Birthright and Ghostwalk never, sadly.
>>
>>44831743
If wotc releases dark sun I pray to pelor it's better than the homebrew that me and a group of friends played in. It was some homebrew that was posted online a long while ago and basically after playing in it I slightly cringe when I hear dark sun (it was my first time playing dark sun with no real introduction to what dark sun was about or what it's world was like until the game started.)
>>
Don't get me wrong, I love me some Ravenloft, but honestly it feels like one of the settings that fits the best with the way 5e handles itself in the first place and as such doesn't really require much work to have function.
The reason I want an Eberron book is because, until we get one, it will be super fucking hard to actually set 5e games there due to how low magic 5e wants games to be to be balanced, I want some official high magic variant rules.
>>
>>44831743
>Return to Ravenloft

No we need Greyhawk, Eberron, Forgotten Realms and Planescape
>>
God it's gonna be another fucking adventure module isn't it?

NEWSFLASH WIZARDS! YOUR GAME DOESN'T NEED MORE FUCKING MODULES! IT NEEDS MORE CONTENT FOR PEOPLE TO MAKE THEIR OWN ADVENTURES!

Where the FUCK is Monsters Manual II? Where the fuck is an actual decent length supplement book that isn't 75% fluff?
>>
I am an unlearned D&D player. (Very new to tabletop) What are the difference and significance of Ravenloft, Dark Sun, ect? Different multiverses or?
>>
>Be a few hours ago
>Session starts as normal
>I'm playing a human wizard, rest of the party is a dwarf barbarian and a half-elf druid
>Recently saved a village from bandits, staying in it for a few days to help out
>Mayor comes to us and says his daughter has been abducted by an unknown group
>I secretly take the Mayor aside and ask for some lute strings for helping out, he agrees
>Party goes off, finds the daughter captured by a spirit the village used to worship
>All religion except for belief in the God-Emperor (basically 40k Emperor) is outlawed
>Spirit is angry so it captured the daughter, it also tells us the Mayor destroyed his shrine with a few townsfolk
>Through a combined effort of the party, we convince him to not take revenge on the daughter, just the mayor
>We also promise to bring the mayor to it
>Myself and the Dwarf return to the village, the Druid stays to talk with the spirit
>We convince the Mayor that we found his daughter, but she's too distraught to return with us
>He grudgingly agrees to come with us and is very worried when we arrive at the shrine
>The Druid sat down and had a cup of tea with the spirit, who is represented by a stag
>Spirit has relented and decided he'll let the Mayor live if he turns back to worshipping him
>We persuade the Mayor to agree, his daughter is returned to him and we all go back to the village
>Also turns out that the Spirit was planning on killing us all but the Druid talked it out of it over tea
>Mayor tells the village people what has happened, the Druid stays for the event while the rest of us leave for the night
>Druid suddenly runs in and says that 5 villagers have left to go tell the next town over that heretics have invaded
>Mayor begs us to help, gives us horses and we ride out to catch them
>Two die on the road during the chase, from a javelin in the back and Inflict Wounds respectively
>>
>2 run off into the woods and are ripped apart by Dire Wolves, I find the last one, knock him unconscious and drag him back to the village while the resident kleptomaniac dwarf loots everything that isn't nailed down
>Village is divided over returning to worshipping the Spirit and not being heretics, also several wives are kind of angry that their husbands are now dead
>Myself and the Druid make a grand speech and unite the village against the Empire, which is kind of bad because we didn't want to start a rebellion this early
>The wives still are unhappy, but the town militia arrive and restore order
>Village has calmed down, we all retire for the night
>We spend the next few days in the village, I spend most of this time carving a shiny new modified lute (acoustic guitar)
>The Dwarf also secretly builds a stage and the Half-Elf helps train the Militia
>I return to a nearby town that currently has a traveling enchanter in it, and ask him to enchant my acoustic guitar so it sounds deeper, louder and more metalic
>Eventually I ride back into the village on horseback, playing a metal version of Scarborough Fair
>The Dwarf then reveals he was building a stage to hold a concert to summon the local legend
>Through various circumstances, our DM has a recurring character, an Owlbear that somehow sings Thunderstruck whenever it appears, and also gave it the ability to fly
>Said Owlbear is the local legend
>That night, the stage is unveiled, the Dwarf leads us onto the stage, playing his lute, I follow with my essentially electric guitar, lastly the Druid comes on with a somehow procured set of ye olde drums
>An epic concert is had, with a touch of firey magic there are pyrotechnics
>Shoot to Thrill and many more titles are played, lastly we come to Thunderstruck itself, the DM didn't question how we knew these songs, putting it down to just hearing them in our youths
>Dwarf gets very excited, smashing his lute on stage as a sacrifice to the Owlbear
>>
>The Owlbear appears with a flash of lightning summoned by the Druid
>I continue playing, the Dwarf (who is extremely similar to Gimli) asks for a feather from its head, which he promptly gets
>The Owlbear also shakes its tail, dropping two feathers that slowly glide over to myself and the Druid
>Then the Owlbear turns, gallops into the crowd, snatching a very frightened villager as he goes and flies off into the night right as the concert finishes.

Also the entire purpose behind the Owlbear (which none of us knew about until after it was summoned) was the Dwarf player wanted a spirit totem for his ability. And that is the story of how my group ended up bringing ACDC and metal into 5e D&D at level 3. Also, my friend who plays the Druid is a drawfag and drew pic related after the session.
>>
>>44833573
It varies but things like ravenloft, sword coast, erreborn, FR, etc are world setting and dark sun is basically future or alternate universe where everything is fucked beyond belief and the world is a dessert because of magic.
>>
>>44833573

They're settings, different worlds with different themes and established characters.

Ravenloft is Gothic horror, Eberron is Magitech High-Adventure, Forgotten Realms is generic fantasy, Greyhawk is also generic fantasy, Planescape is extra-planar universe exploration (where all the other settings are canon and exist alongside each other). Dark Sun is basically Fantasy post-apocalypse.

If you give a shit then go read about them, you're unlikely to get an adequate summary here.
>>
>>44833609
So just different settings? Neat. Thank you.
>>
>>44833573
Different campaign settings/worlds with very different themes and tones. Ravenloft is a Gothic Fantasy setting with a definite horror tone to it.Dark Sun is a setting in which the world is a barren desert wasteland, dotted by massive city-states that are ruled over by brutal dictatorial Sorcerer-Kings, and magic drains the lifeforce of things around it.
>>
>>44831743
So, I'm playing in a one-shot gothic themed session today. We start at level six, have standard WBL (500+1d10x25, I was told), and have no other restrictions.

I've built a Spellthief-rogue, and I'd like some advice on the build so far.

>Class: Rogue 5/Rune Scribe 1
>Race: Human (Alt. Racial Bonus)
>Background: Sage
>Str 8
>Dex 16
>Int 16
>Con 14
>Wis 12
>Cha 10

I've taken the feats Observant for Int and Resilient for Dex. I have not decided on spells yet and am torn between taking the Fire rune and the Wind rune. While the Fire rune is clearly the best for combat (if I'm not mistaken it also lets me reroll/keep highest sneak attack damage), the Wind one is fucking neat with its flight and no fall damage. Even the Ice one is pretty sweet, desu.

Skills after all's said and done are Acrobatics, Athletics, Arcana, Stealth, Perception, History, and Sleight of Hand.

Any advice as to where I should go from here? I'm looking at using a rapier as my weapon, with a shortbow for ranged requirements.
>>
>>44833609

>the world is a dessert because of magic.

hhhehehehehehe
>>
>>44833654

>Resilient for Dex

Why the hell are you taking Resilient for a save you're already proficient in?
Put that shit in Wisdom or Constitution or pick another feat.
>>
>>44833674
Oh shit I'm a retard, I did not realize that I had proficiency in Dex saves. If you don't mind me asking, where does it say this? I can't fucking find it in the Rogue section.
>>
>>44833693
Page 95 just under your tools and weapon proficiency.
>>
>>44833693
Cancel that, where it says "Saving Throws" is what I'm proficient in, isn't it?

That's a little bit obtuse in my eyes. Maybe that's just me though.
>>
File: Rogue Class features.png (1MB, 737x680px) Image search: [Google]
Rogue Class features.png
1MB, 737x680px
>>44833693

A doy
>>
>>44833654
Firstly, do as >>44833674 said.

Secondly, are you using point but or did you roll stats? If you used point buy you should use your lvl 4 ASI to improve Dex and have an 18 in it.

Other than that looks pretty solid.
>>
>>44833710
It really is just you. Its under the title proficiencies.
>>
>>44833710

>That's a little bit obtuse in my eyes

I mean, it says "Proficiencies" and then it lists all the things you're proficient in.

Not sure what they coulda done to make it less "obtuse"
>>
>>44833722
Well I can't exactly take Resilient AND do that, unless I missed something about getting feats at various levels. I decided to take a feat instead of a level 4 stat increase; I could stay with just the Observant from my class feature, but then I'd need to redo my pointbuy to get 16 Int/Dex.
>>
>>44833736
Yeah, I realize now how I was mistaken. Staying up for long periods of time and physical exertion make for poor reading partners, senpai.
>>
>>44833654
First, why did you choose to take a half-feat instead of just using the straight ASI?

Anyway, since you're going melee, you have no real reason not to grab one of the SCAG melee cantrips. If you grab Greenflame Blade, the Fire rune becomes pretty damn powerful. Just be careful about fire resistance.

The Wind rune may be useful out of combat depending on what sort of campaign you're using, but it's far more useful in combat for a ranged character.

I don't particularly like the Ice or Earth runes that much, but I have to admit that Earth is potentially hilarious on a lockdown-focused Tunnel Fighter/Sentinel build that uses a club or quarterstaff.
>>
>>44833758
I went with the feat so that I could have more points to distribute to avoid more than a single negative stat. I could redo some of this, but then I'd end up with a lower Charisma and Con. I guess that six hitpoints aren't a major difference, however.
>>
>>44833772
Charisma doesn't particularly matter for an Arcane Trickster, unlike the other archetypes. You run off Dex and Int.
>>
>>44833743
Easy. Base stat array 15/15/13/10/10/8, (sadly you take a slight hit to wis but it's acceptable) human gives you +1 to dex and con, observant gives you +1 to int, then at lvl 4 take the stat increase in dex.
>>
So what type of damage does Sneak Attack deal? I would say it's the same as the weapon the character attacks with, but one of my player claims it's just extra damage and damage resistance shouldn't work against it. Which one is right?
>>
>>44833929
It's the same type as the weapon used. I don't believe typeless damage exists in 5e.
>>
>>44833929
It's the same type of damage as the weapon used. Note though that if the rogue is using a magic weapon, the bonus sneak attack damage also bypasses nonmagical weapon damage resistance.
>>
>>44833657
>not being a four hundred foot sandworm
>>
Alright, Spellthief/Rune Scribe here.

I've got 700 gold after my roll and no idea what to spend it on. We can buy any standard items and any common magic items, but so far as I can tell, the only fucking common magic items are healing potions and climbing potions. Is that actually it, or am I missing something?
>>
>>44834053
Talk to your DM about magic items. The book lists that if magic items are to be sold to players the uncommon rarity is worth 500 gp, but it's ultimately up to the DM on prices and ect.

If all works out your best pickups would be a +1 rapier, studded leather, thieves tools, basic adventuring gear, some manacles, and a potion of healing.
>>
>>44834102
Forgot to the say the book I was referring to was the DMG, not the PHB.
>>
>>44834053
Common magic items are all consumables. There aren't very many Common magic items in the first place, but I suggest buying a few scrolls of Find Familiar so you can have an annoying owl granting you advantage forever.
>>
>>44831743

Fuck yeah Ravenloft!

Every time I ever see it, I instantly think of this Castlevania 2 jingle here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drfs6dUF1nk
>>
>>44834112
Forgive me for asking, but where does it say that Owl familiars grant advantage like that? I literally cannot fucking find it.
>>
>>44834174
Well they can perform the help action. Basically the combo is the owl flies to the enemy, performs the help action, and flies away out of the reach of any bad guys.
>>
>>44831743
I think it will be interesting to see how the canon characters look in the 5e treatment, and how Ravenloft's grimdark attitude is portrayed in the the mostly Noblebright 5e.
>>
>>44834183
Basically this. Owls are notable because they are the only familiars that don't provoke opportunity attacks for flying out of enemy reach.
>>
Not an owl familiar. Path of the Totem Warrior barbarians need a spirit totem made from a piece of an animal at level 3 to access abilities
>>
>>44834224
Shit, ignore this, I was referring to the wrong thing
>>
I figured out an additional problem with developing ranger archetypes: naming the damn things. There's only so many ways to call something a hunter or wanderer. Guess they're going to have to be more than one word titles.
>>
>>44831826
Kinda like OotA for underdark?
>>
>>44833027
I never touched or seen the darksun shit for 4e, but I heard good things about it.
Is it actually bad?
>>
>>44832945
>Darksun
My nigga.
>>
>>44833537
Idk about elemental evil or tranny of dragons, but OotA gives some pretty cool stuff to build your own underdark adventures and shit.
>>
>>44834115
Shit, now I wanna beat some skeletons.
>>
>>44831743
Any links for sites that I can make good looking homebrew?
I was using this one
http://www.naturalcrit.com/
but I cant export it directly as pdf. =(
>>
File: 1443528873901.jpg (55KB, 465x542px) Image search: [Google]
1443528873901.jpg
55KB, 465x542px
>>44833608
>>
>>44834115
My drow.

I'll be using order of ecclesia soundtrack too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxv-2FA_7Ek&list=PL033ACB4A4D55BB2D
>>
>>44834375
Nice site. It even almost works on my phone. Just can't quite click a few places.
>>
>>44834470
It is, except for the pdf part, I really recomend it.
>>
Dark Sun when??
>>
>>44834492
What does it output to? An image?
>>
>>44834509
I woudnt expect it to be sooner than 2018.
;-;
>>
>>44834521
The columns and font size get really messed up.
>>
>>44834541
No I meant the format, I suppose it's in html? Well I'll figure it out when I get home, it's got to be of some use.
>>
>>44834582
Oh, yeah, its HTML.
Sorry.
>>
starting a new campaign and I wanted to know is it feasible to play as a fighter with a long sword/bastard sword without a shield?

I'm trying to role play a pretty poor character so I was thinking he would use it as a one handed sometimes, and a 2 handed most of the time for flexibility and convenience. Is this viable or a bad idea?
>>
>>44834663
You'd be a little more effective sticking to one style, as far as fighting styles is concerned. But no, you can swap between one and two handed and be perfectly viable. It's a bit easier if your fighting style boost AC or something instead of duelist or two handed style.
>>
>>44834663
It's not optimal but it's certainly viable. I think you're missing out 1-2 points of damage on average, compared to a great sword.
>>
File: 57658675867.jpg (99KB, 861x1300px) Image search: [Google]
57658675867.jpg
99KB, 861x1300px
>>44833483
>Planescape
>>
>>44834663
It's definitely workable, if not fully optimal. You'd probably go Eldritch Knight to have a reason to go one-handed, as without a shield or offhand weapon, you've no mechanical reason to not go two-handed all the time otherwise.

Why does your Fighter have a sword, if he's poor, though? Swords have historically been weapons for commanders and nobility. If he's a farmer or peasant, surely he'd be far more likely to be using a spear or axe for a weapon?
>>
>>44834683
1d10 is average of 5.5, 2d6 is average of 7, so it's 1.5 exactly before styles and feats factor in.
>>
File: 392291028.png (585KB, 610x597px) Image search: [Google]
392291028.png
585KB, 610x597px
What are the most crit fails you've ever rolled in a single session?

Last night I rolled five crit fails. Four of them were in a row.
>>
>>44833608
>>44833602
>>44833598
>>WE'RE SO LOLRANDUMB /TG/ ACCEPT US!
i look down
and whisper:
no
>>
>>44834663
Does bastard sword+buckler still work in 5e?
>>
>>44834784
All shield are just shields, no special rules for bucklers.
>>
>>44834784
Only one type of shield in 5e.
>>
>>44834663
Just use a greatsword mechanically and fluff it as a bastard sword
>>
>Ravenloft confirmed

Fuck yearh

Too bad POTM will continue to be boogers
>>
>>44834748
>crit fails
This is 5e general
>>
>>44834856
Is a 1 on an attack roll not automatically a miss?
>>
>>44834855
Yes, this should be fun, Ravenloft dumbed down to an even less interesting realm than it was in 4e.

I'll lay odds that SKR makes martials hopelessly useless in the Dark Realm.
>>
>>44834708
I was thinking it would be his fathers who was a explorer/pilgrim(undecided as to which) who left the city semi wealthy with his young son and travelled for years becoming poor then dying.

>>44834679
>>44834683
thanks ill probably go with
>>44834850
this
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 240x180px
>>44834802
>>44834797
>>
>>44834873
Technically yes, but with the kind of modifiers you're dealing with in 5e you're probably also missing on a 5. There's no 'crit fails' in the sense that you drop your weapon or some other such nonsense, nor are there critical failures for skill checks
>>
>>44834748
I rolled three consecutive 1's in my last session, and this was right after I was acting like a big shot for killing 90% of the enemies in the last encounter.
>>
>>44834920
Did we ever had critical failures and success for skill checks in other editions? I always thought those were only for saves and attacks and the faggots talking about 20 in impossible tasks were retards.
>>
>>44834955
>I meet a dragon alone, in his lair, guarding his treasure, with my fighter with cha 3
>I try to intimidate it
>roll a 20
>DM is fucked

Ah, to be fool and stupid.
>>
>>44835007
That sounds like something that virt copypasta would do. And call bullshit on the DM if the dragon didnt even flinch.
>>
>>44834955
Well it used to be flat percentages, no modifiers or dcs so all failures were automatic.
>>
>>44835017
Anon, it's a fucking dragon looking down on a minuscule being. He gets massive size bonus, on top of his abilities and other ones,on top of his roll. He probably wins the opposed roll even with a 3.
>>
>>44835060
>size bonus
He would only get his Cha mod
>>
>>44835060
>alone guy succeeds in intimidating a dragon
>>
>>44835060
I'd give varying results at different DCs. In this case the result is "amused".
>>
>>44835007
>Rolls 20 on intimidate
>"Hahaha I like you foolish human, you will be my newest minion after I finish eating the rest of you."
>>
File: PD1339130476hO2.jpg (270KB, 894x1311px) Image search: [Google]
PD1339130476hO2.jpg
270KB, 894x1311px
Stat him
>>
>>44833537
>he needs more than the monsters in the Monster Manual

Dude, are you fucken gay? It's pretty fucking thorough, and you can easily just reskin shit.
>>
>>44835238
>You don't need another MM
Do you work for WOTC?
>>
>>44835238
Later game baddies are pretty sparse.
>>
File: CurseDragonOhno.png (335KB, 748x819px) Image search: [Google]
CurseDragonOhno.png
335KB, 748x819px
>>44834375
Yeah, exporting options are bit weak, but otherwise seems rather good - although the monster sheets sorta break if they are too long.

I suppose there are html->pdf programs somewhere around.
>>
>>44835258
>he wants fucken 3.5's MM bloat

Gross, m8
>>
>>44835230
Predator, from predator 1?
Ranger hunter.
Str 20
Dex 16
Con 20
Int 14
Wis 10
Cha 20, look at that motherfucker
>>
>>44835269
Did you get it to work?
I tried those converters and they didnt work.
>>
File: Practical Armor.png (1MB, 901x601px) Image search: [Google]
Practical Armor.png
1MB, 901x601px
So is Battlemaster still viable? I want to make a Martial-as-Fuck backup character for when my first one dies. Is Polearm Master still tasty?
>>
>>44835308
Aight, Weapons, skills?
>>
>>44835313
No, just screencapped page.
>>
>>44833483

Isn't Planescape basically all fluff anyway?
>>
>>44834663

It's fine. It's all of 1.5 damage less than a greatsword on average (with some variance due to interaction with GWM), but you can whip out a shield if you need to, or even a thrown weapon. If you can't win fights because of 1 or 2 damage per hit, maybe flavor has to suffer for optimization, but most of the time it's fine.
>>
>>44835260
I assumed you were supposed to use oathbreaker/ death domain and elaborate other evil class counterparts from them.
>>
>>44835553
Yeah I think versatile+thrown is the best combo here.
>>
>>44835230
Eldritch Knight 10
20 STR
10 DEX
18 CON
18 INT
8 WIS
4 CHA (because he is one ugly motherfucker)

>>44835327
Fire Bolt Cantrip flavored as being fired from his shoulder plasma caster.
Dancing Lights Cantrip for his three red dots
Minor Illusion Cantrip to emulate the Predator's ability to mimic voices.
Invisibility Spell because duh
Cure Wounds spell for Medicomp
Whatever other spells

Short Sword flavored as Wrist Blade.
Spear for Combi-Stick
Handaxe flavored as Smart-Disc for throwing (Weapon Bond to recall it)
>>
>>44835315
Battlemaster is great, yeah. And so is Polearm Master, Sentinel, and Great Weapon Master.
>>
>>44835465
Well, yeah, besides specific rules for the planes,mostly the outer ones, as well as the mandatory couple of races and the like, there's not much. Half of planescape is adventurers adapting to constantly changing environmnents and the other half is how they interact with the fluff.
>>
>>44835573
First of all that isn't nearly enough variety. Secondly, if you're pitting pc classes against the party frequently you're gonna have a rough time.
>>
>>44835315

>still viable

Er, is there a reason it wouldn't be? Last I checked it was the archetype of choice.

Polearm master's good, yeah. Should probably pick up Great Weapon Master too - if you can use it, it's a better bonus attack (full damage instead of d4), plus the Power Attack feature.
>>
>>44835611
My DM mistakenly allowed rolling, so I've managed an 18 starting Strength and 16 Constitution. Assuming I start with delicious Polearm Master, should I grab GWM or Sentinel at 4, or get 20 Strength?
For how long is 18 "enough" strength? Could I wait until 8?
>>
>>44835662
I wasn't sure; I know there is some new SCAG stuff, but our DM doesn't have it yet, so I haven't looked at it any.
>>
>>44835618
If they bring back planescape they'd probably add the elemental chaos to the mix somehow. Not being a planescape fan I'm not sure if that's a good thing or triggering.
>>
>>44831743
I was thinking about making a custom duelist who uses a few spells.
The GM allows the SCAG and UA in my game.

So the idea was a Dex based unarmoured longsword wielding Wood-elf Battle-master who uses magic on the side.

Keeping Battle-master as the main class and a one level dip into monk for unarmoured combat.
Sacrificing the lvl 4 fighter ASI for Magic initiate and now just need to decide what cleric or druid spells i should pick.

Would have liked the sword based spells from Scag but those require Int or Cha to cast and i need Wis for unarmoured.

Starting stats with 27 pointbuy:
10 Str
17 Dex
11 Con
10 Int
16 Wis
10 Cha
>>
>>44835580

Now, granted, you can move between attacks at no penalty, but if there's nothing good to hit, throw a javelin.

It can be argued that you could also do that with a greatsword, but using both hands for the sword, then assuming you can free it up to draw and throw something might be pushing it.
>>
Suppose I am wielding a whip in one hand and a quarterstaff in the other (I'm not trying to use two weapon fighting, so neither has to be light). Under which circumstances am I permitted to make an opportunity attack?
>>
>>44835731
>but using both hands for the sword, then assuming you can free it up to draw and throw something might be pushing it
I believe it was explicitly confirmed that you only need to have both hands on the sword when making an attack with it.

>>44835700
I don't believe there's any way you can use Dex to make an attack with a mundane longsword. Would you consider switching to a shortsword?
>>
>>44835700

You might be better off grabbing a level of Barbarian instead, exchanging Con for Wisdom and using that for Unarmored Defense instead.
>>
>>44835327
Skills: survival, perception, stealth, ahtletics.

Deep stalker for those extra spells, mostly greater invisibility.

Favored enemies would be humanoid (humans) and monstrosities. Other enemies up to each individual.

Weapons would be thrown daggers, shortsword, spear and hand crossbow as the plasma cannon. He may freely swap a weapon for another without having to drop it or using up an action as long as the change doesn't include the spear.

Spells would include lightning arrow, cure wounds, locate creature, hunter's mark and so on.

As long as he'd with his armor, he has truesight.

Anything left?
>>
Simple question: I need appropriate humanoids to ride on the back of pteradons for an encounter for 4 level 3 characters. What do?
>>
>>44835258
We really don't need another MM though. The main book has more than enough monsters to last you several campaigns if you were to try and use them all plus books like OotA already have more monsters in them.
>>
also only 2-3 of the characters have ranged weapons.

And can a readied attack hit a creature with flyby?
>>
>>44835790
Then he'd need high Dex, high Con and at least 13 Str, leaving few points left for a spellcasting stat.

Longsword aside, I'd probably suggest a Battle Master Fighter/Bladesinger Wizard multiclass. He'd be running Mage Armor and Bladesong for 13+Dex+Int AC. He can also grab the SCAG spells (which don't actually run off Int or Cha except for Greenflame Blade's secondary damage), though Extra Attack would serve him fine as well.

The other option would be to do as he intended, but he'd be losing 1 level to Monk, and wouldn't really gain much by way of spellcasting with just Magic Initiate.
>>
>>44835744

>explicitly confirmed
It was; but that pertained to being able to carry the sword in one hand, which isn't in doubt. Being able to, for example, attack with a greatsword (using both hands), then drawing a javelin and throwing it (using one hand and the other to carry the sword) is currently RAW, but it also basically eliminates the purpose of versatile weapons entirely, other than taking less time to switch weapons if you want to use a shield.

I wouldn't be entirely opposed to a ruling (GM or dev) that said your hands were more or less "committed" to a two-handed weapon if you attacked with one; if you want that kind of versatility to make mid-turn decisions, you need to use a versatile weapon.
>>
>>44835690
What's the difference between the elemental chaos and limbo?
>>
>>44835603
>>44835807
Thanks Boys. I don't know. I'm going to throw this guy against my motley band of players after level tweaking.

They've taken a liking towards bounty hunting, so I'll run the whole "Devil in the woods" spiel. And hunt them for a change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlicWUDf5MM

Any suggestions welcome though. Once again, thank you so much for the input.
>>
>>44835812
Halflings.

Halflings with rocks if you want to be mean but hilarious.

If you really want to be mean, Halfling Rogues with slings, that use Cunning Action to Hide after every attack, and also have Mounted Combat.

>>44835836
That's a shame. Give them some way to flee into cover if the encounter proves too hard.

Yes.
>>
>>44835879
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2fETYXohyA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tpAV87ISM8
found after 5 seconds of searching
>>
>>44835812
You mean Pteranodons or some other form of pterosaur?
Kobolds!
>>
>>44835918
Well, now I feel less original..
>>
>>44835919
Yes I mean pteranodons. I think.

The CR 1/4 ones.
Kobolds. With bows and hand crossbows. Maybe throw in a sorcerer. Yeah. I can make that work.
>>
File: qt elf 60.jpg (171KB, 640x1056px) Image search: [Google]
qt elf 60.jpg
171KB, 640x1056px
Is the child of a Half-Elf and a High Elf a Half-Elf, a High Elf, or something else?
>>
>>44835896
>Cunning action to hide after every attack

I don't like this meme. You *can* take the hide action with CA but you still have to actually logically have a place to hide. Nobody's going to forget where you are on a friggin' pteranodon.

If the pteranodon went around a corner and the Halfling dismounted? Sure, they can hide. But still mounted on his back?
>>
>>44835937
Quarter Elf
>>
>>44835967
But that makes less sense, Anon. The average of 1 and .5 isn't .25, m8.
>>
>>44835937

Just keep it simple and decide which it is in your world and leave it at that. While they probably will mostly look elvish, but with a human flair (moreso than half-elves), just pick which race they manifest as. Statting up halfbreeds is cool but quadroons just get complicated.

And I'd vote for Half-elf. Unless the person is pure blooded of either race, they trend towards a particular appearance. They're like the pariah dog of races - when you mix a bunch of dog breeds, especially feral dogs, they trend towards a generic look, which may just have been the default "dog" before they were bred.
>>
>>44835951
The Lightfoot Halfling's Naturally Stealthy feature states:
>Naturally Stealthy. You can attempt to hide even when you are obscured only by a creature that is at least one size larger than you.
A DM could easily say that a creature riding a mount that's flying above you is obscured by the mount, especially if it took deliberate action to hide itself.

It's mean and rather unreasonable, but not out of the realm of possibility.
>>
>>44833634
>Magitech High-Adventure
Everyone focused on the magical technology part, but the real point of it is that it's basically a fantasy version of Pulp Adventures in the 1920's and 1930's; The Shadow, Doc Savage, all those kinda guys.
The Last War being an obvious stand-in for The Great War (WW1) as an origin point, themes like racism in urban areas as noble heroes try to overcome the stereotypes held about their people (Shifters and Warforged), lost jungle kingdoms, evil psychic orientals, Lovecraft monsters, Sharn is Fantasy NYC, etc.

I think maybe Rich Baker should have picked a different theme; half of the time people don't even get the kind of stories he's referencing and run it as generic fantasy setting with a higher grade of magical technology.
I once made a Changeling Assaasin who was almost literally The Shadow; that was one of the most rewarding campaigns I ever had.
>>
>>44835238

There's literally fuck all to pit the party against in the later levels except dragons.
>>
>>44835690

The Elemental Chaos can fuck right off.

Great Wheel or Go Home.
>>
>>44836046

The Elemental Chaos > The Elemental Planes.

Fight Me Faggot.
>>
>>44836028
You could also pit them against some dungeons once in a while.
>>
>>44836059

Listen faggot, there is literally NOTHING good about the Points of Light cosmology.

It's shit. SHIIIIIIIT
>>
File: 1-plane-dungeons-amp-dragons[1].jpg (461KB, 869x490px) Image search: [Google]
1-plane-dungeons-amp-dragons[1].jpg
461KB, 869x490px
>>44836046
>>44836059
>>44836072
>>
>>44836028
>Demons
>Liches
>A kraken
>Devils
>Death Knight
>Sphinx
>Vampires
>Big golems
>Purple worm
>Hordes of Undead
>Death Knight
>class level NPCs
>>
>>44836019
>Rich Baker
Are you combining Keith Baker with Rich Burlew? Granted, Burlew was one of the runners-up for the contest that resulted in Eberron.

You can run pretty much whatever kind of campaign you want in Eberron, which was kind of the point. Yeah, there's a bit of the magitek going on, but plenty of places don't have that kind of technology, and there's remote corners of the world that are straightforward high fantasy, particularyn on Xen'drik.
>>
>>44835840
I'll rather switch to a rapier and keep up with the monks unarmoured feature since it's passive and doesn't burn through spell slots.
After getting the +5 in both Wis and Dex i'll grab the Tough feat and start boosting Con.
So of the scag spells only GFB needs CHA for the secondary target damage?
I can grab the Sword burst and Blooming blade from for cantrips and lvl 1 Expeditious retreat from the Wizards list.

Although i guess the clerics list would be better for sacred flame, spare the dying and sanctuary.
>>
>>44836059

>A big generic soup for the lower planes to float around in is better than this goodnees.

>>44836087

>Listing things twice
>Literally 2 things to choose from that aren't fiends or undead
>>
>>44835937
Whichever you want. No real rules for it, though ultimately to keep it simple anything that isn't pure human+human or elf+elf will result in a Half-Elf. A Human+Half-Elf or Half-Elf+Elf will just be another Half Elf.

But there's nothing stopping you from mixing it up.

For example, I generate two offspring of a Human&Half-Elf pairing.
Both are technically "half-elves", however one of the kids has the stats and features of a Human, reasoned that he pretty much picked up the vast majority of traits from his human parent.
>>
>>44835937
Throw a coin for dominant genes.
1 of their children is going to be a high elf and the other 3 are half elves.
>>
Gi of the Divine Fist
>+1 ki point
>may spend 1 ki point to add d8 radiant to any unarmed attack

Balanced? Too weak?
The idea is to give the player a bigger source of burst damage at a bigger cost.
>>
>>44836099
>straightforward high fantasy, particularyn on Xen'drik
Adventures Xen'drik are meant to be played like Indiana Jones based off everything I've read about it.
>>
>>44835989
>They're like the pariah dog of races - when you mix a bunch of dog breeds, especially feral dogs, they trend towards a generic look, which may just have been the default "dog" before they were bred.

We have a dog like that. She's pretty cute, but also a little crazy.
>>
>>44836118
Boost the ki bonus to be the same as the PC Wis mod.

So you can get 5 extra ki with it.

Or make the damage scale with the Wis mod.
>>
>>44836105
Just bear in mind that you can't use the Monk's Martial Arts feature with a rapier, as it's not a monk weapon. Though I don't think you intend to.

Regarding Booming Blade and Greenflame Blade, only the latter relies on your spellcasting stat in any way. Lightning Lure and Sword Burst still run off Int or Cha as they don't rely on your weapon.

I'd personally rather have more spell slots and spend one at the start of every day than have one and not have to spend it, but I suppose that's your choice.
>>
>>44836019

I think one of the biggest strengths of Eberron is that it accommodates basically any kind of campaign you want.
>>
>>44836028

>only pit the PCs against one monster at a time, of the appropriate CR

Especially with bounded accuracy, lower CR monsters remain a threat. Player AC doesn't tend to exceed ~20-22 permanently, and only martial types will.

Higher player levels are an excuse to finally throw packs of enemies at them and watch them handle it - can the players fend off the hunting party of Frost Giants, set out to kill the Silver Dragon the players are protecting?
>>
>>44836151
>Boost the ki bonus to be the same as the PC Wis mod

The intent is to give the monk a few other +1 ki magic items along the way.

But is the damage not enough/will its benefit fall off? The idea of it was that even at higher levels, they can get the 2 regular attacks and the 2 flurry of blows attacks, dealing either 8d6+4(mod) or 4d8+4d6+4(mod) at the cost of 5 ki, which is a hell of a lot of damage to do in one turn, at the cost of all or most of their ki.
>>
>>44836207
oops,
8d8+4(mod)*
>>
>>44836107

>kraken
>Sphinx
>golems
>purple worm
>NPCs

How's that "literally" coming along these days?
>>
>>44836207
+1 ki is really piddly when the ability basically makes them spend 4 extra ki a turn. Supposing they FoB and hit 4 different guys with Stunning Fist and use the Gi, that's 9 ki burned in the first round.

You may want to decrease the damage (or perhaps make it run off Dex or Wis so that it scales a little with level) but increase the ki bonus.
>>
>>44836160
Ah so only booming blade is of any use here.

Guess i'll go with the clerics list then for Sacred fire etc. instead since i already have high Wis.

You are right i don't intend to use the martial arts feature with the rapier as i'm intending to use only the unarmoured feature from the monk stuff.

>>44836207
Well the other +1 ki items would probably not ammount to more than 5 ki total.
Allow a bit of cheezing since monks really are the worst martial class and can't be counted as half casters thanks to no cantrips.
So giving them a feat that boosts their Ki for the same amount of their Wis mod is a okay.
You have to realize that you are giving up an ASI in a class that needs every extra stat it can get.
>>
>>44836130

I dunno, that seems more like stuff you'd find in the Dhakaani Empire ruins - it was more recent, and because the end of the Xoriat conflict was less decisive than the Quori (since portals can still access it, for one), you could uncover dangerous artifacts that still pose supernatural threats (like, for example, a box that, when opened, melts the flesh of anyone who doesn't shut their eyes. That's a pretty Xoriat-esque item).

Xen'drik was left pretty vague. I've only read the 3.5 setting book, so maybe they expanded on it later, but it seems kind of Darkest Africa to me. Ancient jungles, mystical ruins of a long-forgotten empire, that sort of thing. Pulpy, to be sure, but it could be pretty high fantasy.

But overall, I think it's a mistake to think that you have to run a game a certain way because of its setting. I am not sure what always drew me to Eberron, but it always felt more vibrant than the FR; the latter always just felt.. I dunno, static. Things change, but not because of anything you do.
>>
File: splash.jpg (208KB, 640x575px) Image search: [Google]
splash.jpg
208KB, 640x575px
Is Eberron going to suck?

I like the 5E system but I'm scared it won't be able to capture the high magic vibe that makes Eberron tick.
>>
>>44833483
>Planescape
>Not Mystara
>Year of our lord Gygax 78
>I sure hope you gamers don't do this.
>>
>>44836086
>noncolored picture s readily available anywhere
>better one with color can't be found full

I just want a good map of it.
>>
So I'm reading Vecna's Luck domain and not sure what they should be like. As a luck cleric should you be granted abilities that depends on good luck, or should you be granted better luck basically, with advantage, rerolling 1s etc.? The latter makes some sense but that means a luck cleric relies less on luck whereas I thought they reveled in gambling and taking chances.
>>
>>44836416

I'm pretty sure it will. It's just...not 5e. It worked for 3.5 because it WAS designed around the 3.5 ideas. It worked for 4e because 4e was designed around 'High adventure, high magic action heros' that tied into it's pulpy nature well.

5e? 5e doesn't feel like it aligns at all.
>>
>>44832945
There's a simple reason. Dark Sun and Eberron need new content. Ravenloft, like the Temple of Elemental Evil, can just be put inside the Forgotten Realms. See if it isn't.
>>
Had the idea of coppying the eldritch knights spell casting feature and making a version for monks from it.
Basically giving them Wis based casting with spells form the clerics and druids lists instead of ki or making ki the equivalent of sorcery points that sorcs have.
>>
>>44836416

If they don't put the effort in to make some actual, indepth variant rules for the setting then yes, it will suck.

So I'd say there's about a 90% chance that it'll suck.
>>
>>44836434

Depends on the kind of luck god they're worshiping.

If it's some generic goddess of fortune then it she should probably grant her clerics better fortune, while a roguish deity of mischief might value the gambling aspect more.
>>
>>44836499

Out of curiosity, what variant rules?

Most of the concerns I've heard re: Eberron is the low-magic-item vibe of 5e. Are there others?
>>
>>44831743
The link didn't work, but I saw original authors in there. Is Tracy Hickman writing for D&D, again?

Because if next-up is Dragonlance then I am gonna take a dump in a box and mail it to WotC, and suggest using that instead.
>>
>>44835834
I'd say we need at most two others. One with other shit that's slightly iconic but not in the MM, and a fiend folio style thing of shit from modules and maybe some originals.
>>
So Forgotten Realms elves are "usually Chaotic Good" or some shit, right?

How uncommon are Lawful Evil (best alignment) elves? Under what circumstances do they form? Do they control any polities?
>>
>>44836491
Ravenloft had corruption mechanics back in 2e, I wonder if they'll bring those back for 5e.
>>
>>44833027
Eberron actually invented the type of recharging wands that are the default in 5th edition. Lots of utility magic items should be functional without breaking the expected player power curve like lots of high plus items would. So lightning rails and airships are fine. You could use magic to equip and maintain an army without giving everyone +3 plate armor. It will be hard to top 4e's incarnation still. The most important thing is getting the artificer class right.
>>
>>44836461
>>44836499
I've chosen to forget the UA because hopefully it will be revised a lot before some official publication.

The optional Hero Points rule in the Dungeon Master's Guide obviously fits Eberron, I just hope there's more Eberron-specific rules that make it work.

Hopefully they won't just up the numbers here and there. "Magic items are now more common, therefore monsters have extra hit dice."

A charm of the 3.5 Eberron was how compatible it was designed to be with all the existing monsters. Beholders weren't the same, but you could use the same stat block and everything.
>>
>>44836552

>Most of the concerns I've heard re: Eberron is the low-magic-item vibe of 5e.

That's by far the biggest issue.

If you distribute magic item in a way that would make sense for Eberron into a 5e game then the balance would snap in half.

Other things I'd like to see are things like easier ways to add character levels to monster races, since in Eberron a lot of monsterous races actually run countries and shit.
>>
>>44836539
That makes sense, guess I'm associating it too much with Trickery.
>>
File: EldrethVeluuthraSymbol.jpg (29KB, 179x286px) Image search: [Google]
EldrethVeluuthraSymbol.jpg
29KB, 179x286px
>>44836560
Look up the Eldreth Veluuthra. They're essentially elf Nazis.
>>
>>44836560
Monster alignment for intelligent monsters gives the alignment of their societies--not the individuals.

Races are not alignment-restricted. Elves being chaotic good means that their society, if summed up as an alignment from the perspective of human beings, is best-described as chaotic good. It does not mean that any particular elf is chaotic good.

Lawful evil is the alignment of bureaucrats. It makes sense that any metropolitan elf could be lawful evil.
>>
File: qt elf 108.jpg (1MB, 1118x1500px) Image search: [Google]
qt elf 108.jpg
1MB, 1118x1500px
>>44835989
>>44836114
>>44836117
Good points all around. Probably just go with Half-Elves, with maybe the occasional MAXIMUM ELF child that gets unlucky and can't partake of Best Race's features (mongrel halfbreed 4 lyfe)

Are all the FR sources consistent with the whole "Elves mature at a fairly normal rate, but chill out for a long ass time before declaring themselves fit-for-adulthood" thing?
>>
>>44836657
The adulthood thing is a social construct.

Think about modern humans considering 18 year olds adults while 16 year olds are ''kids''.

Same for elves.
They are fully grown at 21.
>>
>>44836657
I always took it as they reach physical maturity at the same rate as humans but don't reach mental maturity until around 100.
>>
>>44836684
I feel like Ed Greenwood would have a more medieval (and let's face it, realistic) idea of when "maturity" or "adulthood" begins. Probably mid-teens.
>>
File: Black Hand.jpg (68KB, 400x346px) Image search: [Google]
Black Hand.jpg
68KB, 400x346px
>>44836599
That's interesting. Anti-human racism wasn't really what I was looking for, but I might use these in a future 5e game anyway, since Forgotten Realms is "in".

>>44836613
That's a good point. I get caught up in fitting these "racial rules" sometimes, because I guess I'm afraid of making implausible characters.
I just want to tell people about Bane.
>>
>>44836613

>Monster alignment for intelligent monsters gives the alignment of their societies--not the individuals

Not entirely accurate.

In many settings, because of the races being directly created by gods with certain alignments, the races DO experience an inherent pull towards a particular end of the alignment scale, even without societal influence.
>>
>>44836737
Entirely accurate. As reflected in the primary sources.

Sorry, but you are wrong.
>>
>>44834897
You could generally use a longsword if you generally want to grapple an enemy. Then you just have to decide if you want to take duelist style, and find a shield when you fight enemies too big to grapple, or take defense style and just swing with both hands or switch weapons.
>>
>>44836735
>That's interesting. Anti-human racism wasn't really what I was looking for, but I might use these in a future 5e game anyway, since Forgotten Realms is "in".

I like to think of them as a group like The Empire from Star Wars, who are all-human but it's never really said that they're anti-alien (although they'd probably admit that if prompted).

Purging humans is their main point, but they're also a baddie organization. They're not going to kill every human they see one at a time for the hell of it--they're going to recruit elves, gather resources and territory, then try to gain enough power to kill ALL humans.
>>
>>44836703
Isn't Mental Maturity just a myth perpetrated by Baby Boomers to justify their perception that the generations following them are somehow 2silly, though?
>>
>>44835812
tinier lizardmen
>>
>>44836836

>Implying Elves aren't the ultimate thousand-year Baby Boomers
>>
>>44834194
>Noblebright 5e
5e is pretty brutal compared to anything after AD&D, and OotA is particularly unforgiving and dark already.
>>
>>44836657
>Are all the FR sources consistent with the whole "Elves mature at a fairly normal rate, but chill out for a long ass time before declaring themselves fit-for-adulthood" thing?
Not exactly.

Elves do physically mature at the same rate, more or less, as humans. The difference is that elves spend about 80 years in the hormonal period young adults are in between 18 and 25, or so. When you wanna get drunk and fight and party, go on adventures and find staying at home with a book to be something boring that lame people do. It's not just a social thing--younger elves act and feel differently. Try to think of human 20 year-olds as elf 20 year-olds, and human 30 year-olds as elf 100 year-olds.

It's not JUST a social construct, but it is partially one. How our current society doesn't think of anyone in their early twenties as being a "real" adult? Same with elves of anyone under 100.
>>
>>44836847
Fuck, it is? We just started playing it. Just got to the giant encounter in Duergartopia. I'm still fucking pissed that my DM didn't say anything about losing equipment right out of the gate. Now I've got to find an excuse to go back and collect my crazy Hermit notes from Blackelfistan at some point, or compromise my roleplaying integrity.
>>
>>44836836
Not really, the whole idea of maturity in and of itself varies on what the fuck it is. The PHB is going off of pre-Enlightenment and Industrial Revolution ideas and going for an average on puberty should be winding down that seems quasi-medieval.
>>
>>44836850
So it's basically just eight or so decades of traveling the globe, killing shit, and fucking bitches to allow PC half-elves to exist?
>>
File: wuv.png (156KB, 226x266px) Image search: [Google]
wuv.png
156KB, 226x266px
>>44831743
>Ravenloft is comin' back, baby!

already running a 5e version of I6 with some elements from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft already though
>>
>>44836900
That's pretty close to exactly how it's described in Elves of Evermeet.
>>
File: Knight6.jpg (236KB, 800x745px) Image search: [Google]
Knight6.jpg
236KB, 800x745px
How does Purple Dragon Knight measure up? It sounds fun as shit, but if Battlemaster is still just overwhelmingly superior, I don't want to be a fag and pick something for fun.

It just seems so heroic, though...
>>
>>44836878
>Now I've got to find an excuse to go back and collect my crazy Hermit notes from Blackelfistan at some point, or compromise my roleplaying integrity.

I know how you feel.

The moment I read the Hermit background and saw the notes item, I fell in love with it. Fuck magic weapons and gemstones and money, that scroll case stuffed full of notes is the most important piece of equipment my character owns.
>>
Someone give poor old uneducated me a tl;dr on Ravenloft?
>>
>>44836105
>After getting the +5 in both Wis and Dex i'll grab the Tough feat and start boosting Con.
Tough feat is shit. Boost con first.
>>
>>44836973
Dark powers trap players in small planes ruled by evil forces. Has a big-evil lording over it. Poor suckers trapped in it. Gypsies who roam between them and no one understands. Barriers at the edge of the world that you can't escape. Monsters are Romantic and Victorian horror like Frankenstein's, Dracula, Werewolves, Mummies, and other classic shit. Players can be dropped in haplessly to shake up the world of the few hundred people trapped there and maybe make life a little better.
>>
>>44836973
A setting where everything is shitty for everyday people and is ruled by classic monsters like vampires, witches, and lycanthropes.
>>
>>44837004
This.

Grab yourself Durable or Resilient.
>>
>>44836973
An entire plane of Dracula, Frankenstein, and friends.
>>
>>44837031
>>44837036
Not the same guy but I only read the original Ravenloft module, where it was just a castle in one particular area.

Did they expand it to a whole world? Are there other castles, ruled by mummy lords and Frankenstein monsters or something?
>>
>>44836961
My character's a cleric; those notes record the sum of all epiphany and philosophical revelation that led him to what he is today. It's a big deal, and I'm definitely asking the DM at some point about going back for it, because I can't let that "lel lose ur items 4ever" shit slide.
He'll interrogate all the ragged survivors of that ruined city if he has to, but he'll find his damn note case.
>>
>>44837031
>>44837036
>>44837053
Ooh. I understand the commotion about it's return, then.
>>
>>44837061
Yes. In 2e, it became a full-fledged setting with the Dark Powers dropping big-bads in and out of the domains of dread. Then WotC didn't pick up the license, and Ravenloft stopped being D&D (or that happened while TSR was dying and it got divested--I don't remember. But I think it was under OGL that it came back as a 3rd party). Now I guess they must have re-acquired or licensed it.
>>
>>44837061
>>
>>44837065
That sounds nice. I hope your DM is understanding and this works out for you. God forbid someone else reads your musings and discovers the secrets to the universe (without any of the effort).
>>
>>44836961
I like the trinkets and background items that serve no porpuse but to roleplay. Hermit and Urchin's pet mouse are the best.
>>
>>44837102
>3e Ravenloft
Gtfo.

The 2e .pdf is 70 megbytes, or I'd post it.
>>
>>44837091
>>44837102
Thanks guys!

Seems surprising Sword & Sorcery got the licence to such a big name.

Did they go under or get bought out? I haven't heard much from them in a while.
>>
>>44837061
It had a sequel, I10, and a whole campaign setting after that.

>>44837091
I think White Wolf just licensed Ravenloft from WotC.
>>
>>44837141
S&S went down with White Wolf.
>>
So fellow Ravenloftfags. What do you think they'll do with the Vistani? Human subrace, or like the 3e incarnation make it a separate race? Also will they make curses big?
>>
>>44837141
>Seems surprising Sword & Sorcery got the licence to such a big name.
I don't remember what happened. It was Tracy Hickman's setting, originally.
>>
>>44837179
Uh, I don't think so, that's 1/2 of Dragonlance. Hell it created a huge fucking problem when Soth became a Darklord.
>>
>>44837146
>I think White Wolf just licensed Ravenloft from WotC.
You're right--just looked it up. In 2000, after dropping the TSR logo, WotC decided not to publish Ravenloft and so licensed it to WW. The license reverted to WotC in 2005, who has been sitting on it for the last decade.
>>
>>44837218
Tracy & Laura Hickman wrote Ravenloft, which is the stand-alone adventure that the setting evolved from. They never independently owned it, but they invented it.
>>
>>44837179
Tracy and Laura only did I6 and I10. The first box set was Nesmith and Hayday.
>>
File: 1440395384793.jpg (101KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1440395384793.jpg
101KB, 500x418px
>>44834768
We were hardly trying to be lolrandumb, our sessions almost never include anything like this, it just sort of fell into place and the DM went with it. I also don't care about impressing anyone, I just figured I'd tell the story as I haven't heard one like it before.
>>
>>44837285
Yep. You don't figure that makes it the Hickmans' setting?
>>
>>44837218
Hah, Hickman pitched such a bitch-fit about that.
>>
>>44837330
>two domains invented by Hickmen
>32 invented by Nesmith and Hayday
I don't know, you tell me.
>>
>>44837357
The premise and foundation was invented by the Hickmans. Nesmith and Hayday added some new maps and fluff.

Jeff Grubb isn't the author of Forgotten Realms just 'cuz he wrote Al Qadim.
>>
Am I the only one to prefer Planescape?
>>
>>44837408
Yes. Planescapes sucks for playing in. TD's art made it seem rad. Trying to run it made it seem shit.
>>
>>44837408
I like it, setting is a bitch to run properly though.
>>
>>44837408
Planescape was fucking awful but feel free to enjoy it.
>>
File: ravenloft.jpg (302KB, 1600x740px) Image search: [Google]
ravenloft.jpg
302KB, 1600x740px
What is your favorite Ravenloft Domain?

I've always had a soft spot for Har'Akir
>>
>>44834375
Fraid not. The Dev did, however, include print preview for this purpose. Cutepdf or Chrome then print as pdf.
>>
>>44837441
Likewise. Because I played the fuck outa Stone Prophet.
>>
>>44837388
No, but he is the author of Al Qadim.

The Hickmans haven't done anything Ravenloft since 1986, they forfeited their claim on the setting.
>>
>>44837464
Okie doke. Then feel free to believe whomever you prefer as the authors of Ravenloft.
>>
>>44837483
>whomever you prefer
By volume of work? William W. Connors.
>>
>>44837511
My statement was that the setting originally belonged to the Hickmans. Your contention seems to be "just because they invented it doesn't mean that you can claim that they invented it!" I'm not really sure what you're arguing about. That other people wrote more about it? Who was claiming otherwise? Besides no one, I mean.
>>
File: FR Grey Box Half-elf.jpg (99KB, 344x845px) Image search: [Google]
FR Grey Box Half-elf.jpg
99KB, 344x845px
>>44836735
The E.V. don't just hate humans, they hate half-elves even more (to them they're abominations who need to be purged)

Plus there are even nazier elves! The gold elf supremacists who killed the royal family of Evermeet (moon elves), for instance, see even moon elves as a lower species.

Also, there's no reason to omit individual evil elves with their own networks, like Elaith the Serpent. Can't remember whether he's LE or NE, though.

>>44836657

No reason why you shouldn't go with half-elves. As for sprog purposes, in the Forgotten Realms, a H-E/elf pairing produces elves and and H-E/human pairing humans, with second generation half-elves coming from H-E/H-E couples.

Pictured: a half-elf from the era when D&D art wasn't all belts, pouches, leather and impractical armour, elves looked like Elric the Melnibonean and Sembia was described as "it's up to the DM what Sembia is like".
>>
>>44837533
It wasn't a setting, originally. It was an independent module, designed to be plugged into the DM's own world. Didn't even have the Mists kidnapping PCs.
>>
>>44837601
I still have no idea what point you think you're making.
>>
>>44837141

White Wolf apparently got screwed over by certain policies regarding the OGL and went under in the late 2000's, were bought out by the developers of EVE, and were bought recently by Paradox, who are reviving Classic World of Darkness and rebranding New World as Chronicles of Darkness (dumb as fuck name) under a third party publisher of WW-fanboys and girls called Onyx Press who have the rights to a lot of the old WW properties, including Scarred Lands.

It's a clusterfuck.
>>
>>44837460
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhOK4MOhHAc

I wonder if they'll ever make another Ravenloft vidya?

prolly not. most we could hope for is most likely some DLC for Sword Coast Adventures or that Neverwinter MMO thing
>>
File: qt drow 23.jpg (124KB, 600x861px) Image search: [Google]
qt drow 23.jpg
124KB, 600x861px
>>44837116
I suppose it's possible someone realizes the importance of the documents and seeks out the rightful owner, for good or for ill. It could be spun into a subplot, certainly.
My DM just assured me that the personal effects are at the very least "findable." Hopefully we'll get to choke some Drow to get them.
>>
>>44837672
Nah, WW had the same problem TSR did: Books are expensive to print. They went PoD after Mirrors.

Onyx Path is almost entirely crowdfunded and composed largely of freelancers, so they don't need that much of an operating budget.
>>
>>44837591
Where can I find more art like this, Anon? This is divine.
>>
>>44837726
Read the title of the picture.

It's from the Forgotten Realms Grey Box (1e setting core).
>>
File: qt elf 91.jpg (95KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
qt elf 91.jpg
95KB, 1280x1024px
>>44837591
>Also, there's no reason to omit individual evil elves with their own networks

This is probably how I'll spin it. My character's grandfather will have such a network, and everything will have evolved from there (like the bit where his daughter developed humancocklust)
>>
File: Untitled.png (355KB, 380x699px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
355KB, 380x699px
>>44837726
Dude. The picture is labelled "Forgotten Realms Grey Box Half-Elf." Where is it from? I mean...want to take a guess?
>>
>>44836878
I'm in the middle of it and so far it has a few unlikely allies, but pretty much everyone is a scummy dickhole in need of a good smiting. Very little items, but you have just enough to survive and a few great items that are a bitch to get.
>>
>>44834748
>playing Way of the Shadow Monk
>party has to infiltrate a city during a siege
>am level six, there are shadows on rooftops, so GM rules that I am just teleporting across the roofs within the walls effortlessly
>two guards below me
>decide to cause some havoc, as the general leading the siege instructed us to cause general terror in addition to accomplishing objectives
>warp into a square in front of them, attempt to smack a passing peasant with my quarterstaff
>nat 1
>goodbye stick
>guards shoot at me with crossbows
>catch the bolt, roll to throw it back
>nat 1, take 1d6 damage from throwing it into my foot
>charge them
>first punch misses, flurry of blows with a ki point for a stunning strike
>miss second punch, nat 1 on third
>party druid is watching all this happen as an eagle flying overhead
>laughingeagle.png
>>
>>44837821
I'd just like to interject here to note that Stunning Strike, and its consequent ki expenditure, is only declared after a hit.
>>
File: FR Grey Box Elf.jpg (115KB, 372x813px) Image search: [Google]
FR Grey Box Elf.jpg
115KB, 372x813px
>>44837726
Like the two anons said, it's the 1st Edition Forgotten Realms campaign setting, aka the grey box. The art is absolutely fantastic, straight from the off with Parkinson's head-pulling hobgoblins.

The box was great otherwise too. Like I said, the entirety of Sembia was covered in a paragraph about three inches long and amounted to "it's up to you what to do with the country, we won't be developing it". (Which is, of course, absolute bollocks.) Also, there was a transparent hex overlay and four giant maps in two scales for overland shenanigans.

Pictured: the aforementioned Elf-ric the Melnibonean.
>>
>>44837876
The TSR box sets were always great.
>>
File: 1031_ma.jpg (69KB, 213x611px) Image search: [Google]
1031_ma.jpg
69KB, 213x611px
>>44837591
>>44837766

I always digged the art in this set, I wish there was more of it.

Something about the 70s hair plus the pre-anime-but-still-crazy-fantasy clothing really appeals to me.
>>
File: Average of $0.02 per order.png (32KB, 392x174px) Image search: [Google]
Average of $0.02 per order.png
32KB, 392x174px
How do you run your dragons, /5eg/? Pile of gold and sit on it, or cunning manipulators seeking something greater?
>>
>>44837906
The 2e catalogue is littered with similar gold. 1e not so much, because TSR didn't have decent art budgets until 2e. The Grey Box was on the cusp of 2e, though.
>>
>>44837876
There was a great review in Dungeon Magazine that praised the original grey box for leaving stuff open to DMs, and not adhering to novels like the Dragonlance setting.

That poor reviewer is probably rolling in his grave now.
>>
>>44837862
Just checked the PHB and you're right, guess I need to talk to my DM next session
>>
>>44837921
Cunning manipulators in charge of the shadow government, but competitive as fuck. So focused on beating each other that they pose very little threat to the rest of the world, actually.
>>
>>44837937

I don't own the 2E set but I have thumbed through it and I didn't like it as much. There was a lot of tapestry-style art that I thought was really cool, but the black-and-white character art wasn't as good.

I think I'm biased towards the original grey box because of that nice parchment paper it was printed on. It's completely unnecessary, but it really makes the art pop a lot more.
>>
>>44837441
Gotta go for the classic. For some reason Barovia is comfy for me
>>
File: dfshsdhdgf.png (594KB, 816x459px) Image search: [Google]
dfshsdhdgf.png
594KB, 816x459px
>>44837999
There are a few other Forgotten Realms supplements, printed in 2e, that were done the same way. By 2e catalogue, I meant all of 2e--not specifically the 2e Campaign Box. 2e is a great source for art, to me. I love how easy the pdfs make it to steal art from.
>>
>>44831743
>What do you most hope to get out of this sudden shift to Wizards releasing a Ravenloft adventure, of all things?
I'm open to it. Actually better than I expected, since I thought the next adventure book would be just more Forgotten Realms.
>Eberron and Dark Sun when?
To paraphrase JFK, "Before this decade is out, hopefully we will get 5e Eberron and Dark Sun."
Personally, I hope we get Eberron first.
>>
>>44836958
Its not very good. Your basically trading all the advantages of other subclasses(maneuvers, spells, crits) for a persuasion Proficiency( can get from backgrounds), and the ability to use some minorly buffed second wind and action surge. All in all its a cool archtype..... But its not very good, like at all
>>
>>44838127
>Personally, I hope we get Eberron first.
I would prefer that everything originally published under WotC be dropped 100% from D&D, personally. If it came out after 1997, then it does not belong in D&D according to my own ridiculous bias.
>>
>>44837921
As per Shadowrun dragons. Very behind the scenes, rarely seen in dragon form, accumulating wealth while engaged in ages-long plots with and/or against other dragons.
>>
>>44838149
At least you admit it's ridiculous.
>>
>>44838183
Eh. It's a game. Any bias is ultimately ridiculous. I'm still happy to argue about why Eberron is pure garbage and you should feel bad for playing it.
>>
>>44837904
They were. I can't remember any other RPG supplement I've had more game time and fun out of than the 2nd Edition Waterdeep box, the one with the gigantic map of the city with every house marked on it.

The other top three entries would be the one with Amn, Tethyr and Calimshan, because I like the area, and the Horde box, which came with a huge amount of loose-leaf feelies including stuff written in the Tuigan alphabet, more of those giant TSR maps plus one of the most beautiful fantasy art women ever. I've loved the Silk Road stuff ever since I saw that TV series with awesome Kitaro soundtrack as an impressionable kid.

>>44838092

Damn, which book is that from? It's so familiar but I can't place it. One of the old FR series books like The North or the Bloodstone Lands, which were also printed on that pseudoparchment background?
>>
>>44838206
I'm not really all that fond of Eberron, anyway. But then, I was also in that contest with a setting designed with my friends, so of course I feel like the competition was shit.
>>
But Dragonlance when? Last I heard, MWP had the rights, but they haven't done shit with it.
>>
>>44838206
> I'm still happy to argue about why Eberron is pure garbage and you should feel bad for playing it.

I would like you to do this. Please, go ahead.
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 400x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 400x604px
>>44835937
I know this has been answered but I would think that as humans are the smarmy mixed race breeding stock of the D&D world that even a child who is 15/16ths elf and 1/16th human wouldn't ever really be totally elf like. You can bump their age max up a bit, describe them as very elf like, but give them some human traits too.

Humans being the genetically robust race I think would always impact the gene expression of whatever race. Plus elves just seem like they would be into genetic purity even though I imagine elf and human dna would need to be almost identical for them to breed. But as traits of half elves are half social constructs anyway, and elves and humans both would no doubt treat even a barely human half elf differently, those racial traits would make more sense.
>>
>>44837483
It's a little like who is the true creator of Mystara. Arneson-Gygax (though they basically abandoned it), Holmes, Moldvay (the best known), or the later folks who compiled the 900 things, including Dragon articles (Princess Ark FTW).

Personally I go for the Arneson-Gygax for Hickman and co.

>>44837637
That as a setting they didn't do much. Basically it'd be like if Dave Arneson only made a Blackmoor module or two, then did nothing for years, before TSR turned it into a setting based on somebody else's work. The reason we think of Weiss with Dragonlance, Gygax with Greyhawk, Arneson with Blackmoor, or Greenwood with FR is because they may have wrote modules, but they also were the ones to expand those out and even with help, continue them. See the problem with Soth as a Darklord.
>>
A little help from my fellow /5eg/ dm's or players if you brows the monster manual.
I'm making dungeon for my party to crawl through that is a giant underground Necropolis.
I want to make the final boss a giant creature made of the bones of workers that built this place.
I was thinking something similar to the Grave Golem in HoTS, and I was pretty sure that where creature like it but can't find it anywhere.
Older additions are okay to if one hasn't been made for 5e yet.
>>
>>44838420
There's a Bone Golem somewhere in the 2e Monster Manuals, but I'm not sure if there's an updated version of it anywhere.
>>
>>44838420
>Bone Golem
Medium construct, unaligned
Armour Class 20 (natural armour)
Hit Points 105 (14d8 +42)
Speed 30 ft.
Str 20 (+5) Dex 10 (+0) Con 17 (+3) Int 3 (-4) Wis 11 (+0) Cha 1 (-5)
Damage Vulnerabilities thunder
Damage Resistances piercing, slashing
Damage Immunities poison, psychic; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical
weapons that aren't adamantine
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages understands the languages of its creator but can't speak
Challenge 9 (5,000 xp)
Immutable Form. The golem is immune to any spell or effect that would alter its form.
Magic Resistance. The golem has advantage on saving throws against spells and other
magical effects.
Magic Weapons. The golem's weapon attacks are magical.
Actions
Multiattack. The golem makes two claw attacks.
Claw. Melee weapon attack : +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit : 18 (3d8+5) slashing damage.
Hideous Laughter (Recharge 5-6). Each creatures within 60-feet of the bone golem who
can hear it must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute. If
the creature is already frightened when it hears the laughter, they are struck with greater dread.
If the creature fails the saving throw by 5 or more their heart stops in terror, and the creature is
reduced to 0 hit points and is dying. Otherwise, a creature that fails the saving throw is
paralyzed with fear. The paralysed creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of its turn,
ending the paralysis on a success.

ripped from a fanmade Ravenloft MM from FOS
>>
File: Too awesome.png (609KB, 760x1014px) Image search: [Google]
Too awesome.png
609KB, 760x1014px
>>44838496
>>44838468
Awesome thanks!
>>
>>44838420
Bone golems appeared in 2E in Ravenloft's Monstrous Compendium Ravenloft Appendix, and in 4E in the MM2.
I don't have either of those handy, but I'm sure obtaining them via torrent would be a breeze.
I don't know about a Grave Golem, but there is a Grave Dirt Golem in 3.5's Libris Mortis.
>>
>>44836878
We're two sessions in to PotA and my party's hermit decided he had to get his notes and holy symbol back, so we rambo'd through something like 7 quagoths, 2 elite drow, a bunch of regular drow, and a giant spider to get the notes along with a bunch of other equipment (and to loot the drow armory). Only two casualties, too, as we apparently got very lucky on the "what is where" dice rolls. Probably helped that I was playing monk, which I decided on before we even were told what the scenario was.
>>
>>44838520
Zombie Golem
Medium construct, unaligned
Armour Class 15 (natural armour)
Hit Points 135 (18d8 +54)
Speed 20 ft.
Str 20 (+5) Dex 8 (-1) Con 17 (+3) Int 3 (-4) Wis 11 (+0) Cha 1 (-5)
Damage Immunities poison, psychic; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical
weapons that aren't adamantine
Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned
Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 10
Languages domain
Challenge 9 (5,000 xp)
Magic Resistance. The golem has advantage on saving throws against spells and other
magical effects.
Magic Weapons. The golem's weapon attacks are magical.
Stench. Creatures that start their turn within 10 feet of the golem must succeed on a DC 15
Constitution saving throw or become poisoned until the end of the creature's next turn.
Actions
Multiattack. The golem makes two slam attacks
Slam. Melee weapon attack : +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit : 15 (3d6+5) bludgeoning
damage.
>>
>>44838539
Grave Elemental
Drawn from the soil of a cemetery, the bodies of grave elementals are filled with bones and
decaying scraps of coffins. Grave elementals use the earth elemental stat block but gain the
following action option:
Drag Down (Recharge 5-6). The grave elemental causes bony arms to erupt from the ground
in a 10-foot-radius centered on a point the elemental chooses within 60 feet of it. The area
becomes difficult terrain and each creature must succeed on a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw or
be restrained (escape DC 14). At the start of the grave elemental's turn all creatures restrained by
the hands must succeed on a Strength contest against the elemental or be pulled 5 feet
underground. While underground, the creatures are blinded and cannot breathe. The grasping
bones last for 1 minute, until the grave elemental uses the power again, or when the elemental
dies.
>>
>>44832416
Heathcliff Hammershine
>>
“All these niggas look like birds”
-The party elf upon seeing the Aarakocra for the first time
>>
>>44837821
>"Party to Greyhawk, how's it going up there?"
>looks down to see monk's foot stuck in a bucket
>"Eh, not good"
>>
>>44838142
Persuasion EXPERTISE. Very different. If you want to be a fighter-face, it's the way to go. It's also okay level of support that goes up to good with certain party combinations. Below BM for damage and stuff, though, but if you don't want to be dealing all the damage and a bit of a support/face role then it's pretty good to go with.
>>
>>44837821
You get advantage on the first attack out of teleport, did you somehow get snake eyes?
>>
>>44838621
At least they're not kenku. Kenku are cocks.

>Kenku may appear to be friendly, helpful, and even generous. They freely give treasure to humans and demihumans, but it is rarely genuine and crumbles into dust within a day. They may offer nonverbal advice to humanoids, but this is carefully designed to mislead. It may actually lead the party into dangers and difficulties they might otherwise have avoided. As a rule of thumb, kenku have only a 5% chance of actually helping people.
>>
>>44838621
Oh god Aarakockra and Elf interactions should be great.

They live to be about 50, if they're lucky. An Aarakocra adventurer can be 5.
>>
>>44836958
It's the Champion of support archetypes.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Curse-Strahd-Dungeons-Sourcebook-Supplement/dp/0786965983/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1453047431&sr=8-3&keywords=curse+of+strahd

>$50
>224 pages

Looks like this could be another 1-15 campaign (or a more content-filled higher-level one, considering how Ravenloft is).
>>
>>44838712
Surely a Fighter who wanted Expertise could just dip into Rogue or Bard? Is losing out on your level 20 capstone in the long term and stalling your Fighter progression in the short term worth locking yourself into a less powerful archetype?
>>
>>44835932
>steals basic concept of some of the movies
>doesn't even stat it himself
>original
>>
>>44838777

>Another adventure

And straight into the trash it goes.
>>
>>44838777
>Unravel the mysteries of Ravenloft® in this dread adventure for the world’s greatest roleplaying game

Under raging storm clouds, the vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich stands silhouetted against the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. Rumbling thunder pounds the castle spires. The wind’s howling increases as he turns his gaze down toward the village of Barovia. Far below, yet not beyond his keen eyesight, a party of adventurers has just entered his domain. Strahd’s face forms the barest hint of a smile as his dark plan unfolds. He knew they were coming, and he knows why they came — all according to his plan. A lightning flash rips through the darkness, but Strahd is gone. Only the howling of the wind fills the midnight air. The master of Castle Ravenloft is having guests for dinner. And you are invited.
>>
>>44839063
Diviner: I have a bad feeling about this.
>>
File: randal-graves.jpg (19KB, 352x302px) Image search: [Google]
randal-graves.jpg
19KB, 352x302px
>>44839063
cool shud b fun
>>
>>44839063
So not the Demiplane of Dread, but once again Greyhawkenloft?
Fuck this shit.
>>
Does Ravenloft in particular have any measures to prevent players from simply Plane Shifting (or similar) away from enemies who lack the ability to follow them?
>>
>>44839320
yes

the Dark Powers say fuck you, it doesn't work
>>
>>44839320
In the module there was a mist in Barovia that once you breathe it you have to keep breathing it or eventually die.
>>
>>44839320
Back in Demiplaneloft yes, that shit was fucked with by the Dark Powers. Usually it just sent you to another part of the Demiplane if Dread, maybe Gothic Earth if you were lucky. Basically the mists fucked with so much shit. There's a reason Vecna broke it when he attained apotheosis.
>>
does any extra source add more domains to the game?
>>
>>44839540
Ravenloft, 2E AD&D :

https://mega.co.nz/#F!8VthBLAC!GJb3YYMFKUIaqIDb6qvL5Q

Ravenloft, 3E AD&D:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!gckDDbaB!mci8J_ZFNK_Oq7ksfzn2cA

Domains of Dread from 2e or the Gazetters from White Wolf for 3e
>>
>>44839591
what
>>
>>44839591
>>44839655

Teehee
>>
>>44839655
I thought you Ravenloft Domains not clerical

there's some hombrew Domains in the DMsGuild, they probably suck though

SCAG has magic domain cleric
>>
>>44839540
SCAG adds an Arcana domain
>>
>>44839707
>>44839540
Also Death Domain in DMG
>>
The Drakkenharrow Setting that wizards is putting out is supposed to add a number of dragon god-themed domains for the dragon priests. But it's not out yet.
>>
File: liar.png (439KB, 500x430px) Image search: [Google]
liar.png
439KB, 500x430px
>>44839804
>Your search - Drakkenharrow - did not match any documents.
>>
File: 1452058293166.gif (1MB, 320x165px) Image search: [Google]
1452058293166.gif
1MB, 320x165px
>>44839879
I lied about it.
>>
File: happy sad.gif (500KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
happy sad.gif
500KB, 500x313px
>>44839928
fuck you
>>
File: 1352510494343.jpg (267KB, 780x620px) Image search: [Google]
1352510494343.jpg
267KB, 780x620px
>>44839928
why man?
>>
File: 1453001001927.gif (3MB, 419x384px) Image search: [Google]
1453001001927.gif
3MB, 419x384px
Might have to make it as a homebrew, all based on a lie. So delicious
>>
>>44838738
Champion as in best or Champion as in Champion?
>>
>>44840092
Champion as in, shittiest option
>>
>>44840100
At least some builds have a reason to consider dipping Champion 3. No one will ever dip Purple Dragon Knight 3.
>>
>>44840092
Champion as in boring as fuck but still a fighter so you'd do fine with it.
>>
Champion should be called "Weapon Master" in Forgotten Realms, because you are so good with weapons you get better crits.
>>
>>44840176
Ok, thanks man.
>>
>>44838997
OotA gave plenty of stuff to make your own underdark adventures, maybe it will improve on that.
>>
Rolled 5, 7, 8, 3, 6, 3 = 32 (6d8)

Testing roll system.
Base 7 across the board.
Add roll and arrange as desired.
>>
just gonna leave this here

http://www.amazon.com/Curse-Strahd-Dungeons-Sourcebook-Supplement/dp/0786965983/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1453061504&sr=1-1&refinements=p_27%3AWizards+RPG+Team
>>
File: Floot Man.jpg (375KB, 807x875px) Image search: [Google]
Floot Man.jpg
375KB, 807x875px
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0trlakKFTN5
>>
Wasn't the next adventure supposed to be giant/Macbeth themed? Not that I don't like Ravenloft though.
>>
>>44840375
It's one of the future ones that Perkins had mentioned in an interview, so it's on the docket. Or maybe he purposely dropped mention of those to distract from Ravenloft.
>>
>>44840375
>Strahd wants to destroy feuding Giant clans that talk funny
>>
>>44838264
>But Dragonlance when? Last I heard, MWP had the rights, but they haven't done shit with it.
For all the fucks I give, they can keep it.

Dragonlance worst setting.
>>
>>44837591
>>44837763
hubba hubba
>>
>>44838264
Wizards owns all the rights to Dragonlance (as TSR did before them), they only licensed the rights out for the novels and RP stuff.. It doesn't look like WotC ever really supported the setting in-house and doesn't seem to have any plans to in the future.
>>
Which Harry Potter movie should I watch, and second question, does the redhead girl take dick in any of them?
>>
>>44841088
I'd recommend Harry Potter and the Princes of the Apocalypse. My personal favorite is Harry Potter and the Out of the Abyss.

Ginny is ugly and it's implied she took a lot of dick before settling on Harry to ensure a comfy future.
>>
>>44841236
I meant Hermonine
>>
>>44841088
1) Why did you put this question in this particular thread? Did you even mean to?
2) If you haven't seen any of them, I'd start with the first. Otherwise, the fourth one is personally the one I like best.
3) No, but the epilogue in the final one implies she took it from Harry.
>>
>>44841265
She probably took a lot of dick before settling on Harry too. I mean, come on, who the fuck could actually put up with Ron, seriously.
>>
Anyone got a favorite brand of cake mix?
>>
>>44841265
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1y5QnmthydB
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (24KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
24KB, 301x267px
>mfw I'm actually making decent pocket change for cheap Steam games and shit through DMs Guild
>>
>>44840100

Champion technically has the best DPR of all the fighter archetypes. It's just boring as hell.
>>
File: spookshot.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
spookshot.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>44841500
>>
>>44838496

>bludgeoning

if it's made of bones, wouldn't bludgeoning be pretty good against it?
>>
>>44840694
>Dragonlance
>Not Generic Realms
>Not Generichawk
>Not DeTerlizzi's artbook the setting.
>>
Drakkenharrow
The dragon overlords disappear, leaving their priests behind to rule their massive clans. Civil war erupts. Who shall claim the title of First Clan?
>>
make new thread
>>
>>44840375
>promised an Alice's Adventures in Wonderland adventure
>get a snoozefest through the Underdark with a little bit of whimsy

This is not okay.
>>
How can I let my villain get his evil monologue out without the party just fucking shooting him?

I just want to indulge in badguy stuff.

Level 10 evil Druid if that helps.
>>
>>44842709
Anti-life shell and gust of wind.
>>
>>44842709
just don't let them? they can be patient and wait until you've finished

alternatively, make him give it from behind a metal grill or something
>>
Have him give through telepathy as they approach
>>
>>44842810
>just don't let them? they can be patient and wait until you've finished
This, if you want your players to be salty as fuck.
>>
>>44842827
Ah yes, the Dagoth Ur approach.
>>
>>44841748
Dragonlance is pretty fucking cliched, too; they just actively point at what they're ripping off instead of trying to hide it.

It's the Borderlands approach to worldbuilding.
>>
>>44842709
Let them you twat.

If he has something interesting to say, they'll wait to hear it.

If they want to shoot him, they'll shoot him. This isn't a video game with cutscenes.
>>
>>44842709
Voices seem echo throughout the forest, as the trees around shift restlessly despite the still air.

Shadows seem to dance and sway and reach out, as a mocking litany calls from all around.

Just as it seems the forest would descend into total darkness, they find themselves suddenly in a bright, sunlit clearing - birds singing, flowers blooming.

"Ah," calls the old man at its center as he turns to face them, "I was wondering when you would finally get here."

Just don't let them get within firing range until you're done. No one with a half-decent Wis monologues when he can be shot midway through.
>>
>>44842941
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1OHUghS012m
Thread posts: 369
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.