[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weekend Quest Discussion Thread: Reviews edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 24

File: WQDT_OP.png (11KB, 365x464px) Image search: [Google]
WQDT_OP.png
11KB, 365x464px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/b5cN2RkK
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory
This is a directory containing the tweets of most current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. If you are a QM, simply post your Twitter here to have it added to the directory. Spamming your quest twitter with non-quest related tweets may result in its removal from the directory.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

> QM question
Have you ever read a review of your quest? Do you think it was over-flattering, realistic, or too harsh?

> Player question
Have you ever written a review for a quest? Would you like to?

> Bonus question
How do we make it so we have more quest reviews?
>>
File: 1.1.jpg (791KB, 1224x779px) Image search: [Google]
1.1.jpg
791KB, 1224x779px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/24-at-a-crossroads/sapx8AG4ee26JRMpR
Shit has truly hit the fan.
>>
>>44647064
How so?
>>
>>44647117
Do you really want to know? It's, like, a really huge spoiler that only appears 23 chapters in.
>>
>>44646880
>Player Question
No can't say I ever have. I mean "hey brah, recommend me a quest" isn't a usual request on threads.

>Bonus Question
Well make it a topic on weekly threads. This is a good start.
>>
I know there's a lot of SW quests, so bear with me.

Quest Pitch:

The Old Republic Era
You are a Jedi Knight that lost your Master, a Father-figure in your eyes, upon the battlefield when you were a Padawan of his. You lost both of your arms during this skirmish as well, but the Republic achieved a Pyrrhic victory at best. Instead of accepting your master's death or mourning over him, you've let your emotions bottle up inside of you. Eventually you passed the Knighthood test and joined the ranks of Jedi Knights. While the 10 years long fragile peace treaty has held between the Republic and the Empire, you've been carrying out military spec-ops behind the Jedi Council's eyes for the Republic. With the fragile peace starting to fall apart, you're called in to face judgement for going behind the Council's back and against their orders.
However, instead of receiving the kind of punishment you had in mind you're forced to pick a Padawan from a new batch of younglings. The majority of the council hopes that in doing so, you'll be more inclined to learn to become a better and more wise Jedi Knight. You've always been more of a warrior and a soldier. Can you now pick up the mantle of responsibility that comes with being a master and a teacher of someone? With a new war just waiting around the corner, how will the two of you fare?

Deemed a rotten egg by both her former youngling peers and other Jedi, your new Padawan isn't efficient with swordsmanship, she struggles with her studies of the Force, hasn't learned to control her emotions, and she's often misunderstood and is thus, always left alone. However, her one and only dream is to one day become the Grand Master of the Jedi Order. Something both the other younglings, Padawans, and Jedi knights have a hard time believing. You've taken her under your wings because you love to win in the face of impossible odds. She has an iron will and just wants to be acknowledged.
>>
>>44647628
>she
I see.
>>
>>44647628
Why hasn't your MC been scouted out by Theron's Sixth Line force? He sounds perfect for it.
>>
>>44647692
Yup.

>>44647698
Honestly? Because I had no idea such a thing even existed. The more you know, I suppose.
>>
>>44647628
>You lost both of your arms during this skirmish as well
Double Anakin?
>your new Padawan isn't efficient with swordsmanship, she struggles with her studies of the Force, hasn't learned to control her emotions, and she's often misunderstood
Double Ahsoka?

>With the fragile peace starting to fall apart, you're called in to face judgement for going behind the Council's back and against their orders.
>However, instead of receiving the kind of punishment you had in mind you're forced to pick a Padawan from a new batch of younglings.
>The majority of the council hopes that in doing so, you'll be more inclined to learn to become a better and more wise Jedi Knight. You've always been more of a warrior and a soldier.
Yeah, this is basically just the Clone Wars
>>
>>44647950
Following that, no work is original in your eyes, am I right?
>>
File: Guye_Co_Sortie copy.jpg (168KB, 959x499px) Image search: [Google]
Guye_Co_Sortie copy.jpg
168KB, 959x499px
The New Mecha Mercs beta mission thread is up and running.

>>>44647354
>>
>>44646880
>QM question

Answer: run on Anonkun. It has a review feature.

>Player question

Answer: run on Anonkun. It has a review feature.

>Bonus question

Answer: I think you can guess.

Quest threads are still a contentious topic on /tg/, despite their long tenure here. Having Quest Review General /qrg/ threads in addition to discussion threads will only fuel that fire, in my opinion.

If you really want all of those things, run on Anonkun. If you want an audience that isn't ENTIRELY made up of disgusting futanari fetishes, run it on /tg/.
>>
File: 1443199625157.jpg (42KB, 425x510px) Image search: [Google]
1443199625157.jpg
42KB, 425x510px
>>44646880
>Have you ever read a review of your quest? Do you think it was over-flattering, realistic, or too harsh?

Just once. It was fair I think.

>How do we make it so we have more quest reviews?

Do it in these threads.

>QM question:
What and how do you use your own experiences, skills and memories in life in your quests?
>>
Were there any quests that seriously expanded on spellcasting? I am talking crazy metamagic stuff, as opposed to tossing fireballs or raising the dead.
>>
>>44648094
Banished for sure.
>>
>>44648117
I think I started reading it in the past. But when does it get deep into magic?
>>
>>44648224
It continually gets deeper as it goes on.
>>
>>44646880

> QM question
> Have you ever read a review of your quest? Do you think it was over-flattering, realistic, or too harsh?

Haven't had much aside from single sentence vague shitposting, ie; you suck ayy lmao. I would appreciate in depth criticism but last time that was a topic around here nobody responded to my request.

There's probably a good reason for that but even being told that something is bad is preferable to not being told anything at all.
>>
>>44647981
A fanfiction is going to be hard-pressed to be original.
>>
>>44648014
>If you want an audience that isn't ENTIRELY made up of disgusting futanari fetishes
Akun's userbase does not consist of futanary lovers as much as you think. About 50% people like it and about the sma e don't.
Also, according to the latest survey, about 70% of Akun's userbase is from 4chan.
And if you tell people you won't write X (X being futa, yuri, all-the-way-through tentacle guro, just any smut at all, whatever really), they will not demand it and will not make stupid custom choices to get it.
>>
>>44648014
You can just say you're not going to do it and they tend to leave it at that, you know?
>>
>>44647628
Just once I want to see a Jedi who lost his legs instead of his arms.

Okay, I guess twice, but Maw being so fucking cool with his jetpack powered by hate is just further proof that losing your legs is cooler than losing your arms.

Okay, there's also Maul, but again that just further proves my point. It also shows that losing one's legs seems to be a purely Sith experience. Even Anakin didn't lose his legs until he became Vader. He also became infinitely more awesome after he lost his legs. Are you noticing a pattern yet?
>>
>>44647117
>>44647168
Oh fuck it, I've warned you.
The players fell into the QM's trap by being stupid. To elaborate: the MC, presently a hellkngiht, unwittingly did something that gave the Heavenly Host an excuse to descend upon the earth and practically slaughter his hard-gathered army of dark creatures that has just successfully repelled the largest crusade in the history of the United Kingdom of Men, captured its king, and was just about to make humans fuck off their magical island and maybe arrange a revolution on the Big Land. Now several characters are killed, the Alliance that the MC is a lord-protector of is no more, and he has to escape or he'll be killed by the angels flying around looking for him. The inquisition is (probably) going to use the angels' coming as an excuse to seize all the power in the counter. And the players could have prevented all this if only they had listened to the people who noticed something was wrong instead of going "it'll be fiiiiine".
>>
I could use advise/input from you guys.

In the setting of the quest I'm writing on, I'm still debating between having the 4 powers of the Elements (Fire, Air, Earth, and Water) or spiritual powers more akin to what Udyr has (Turtle Shield, Tiger claws+speed, Bear paws+strength, and wield Phoenix fire) spread throughout the population.

Which one sounds more appealing and/or has more opportunities to be interesting?
>>
Didi Hive Queen Quest die or was it finished?
>>
>>44648670
are there massive butthurt/shitstorm?
>>
Clockwork in the Void Quest #3 at brunchtime tomorrow.
>>
>>44648726
There has been when it happened, it's a translation after all.
Like the most terrible shitstorm in the history of the game, butts when flying, several threads were run into bumplimits by crying players, every third post was a fucking wall of text. It was glorious.
>>
>>44648919
Hehahahahaha
I love the smell of burnt ass in the morning
Thanks man, you made my day.
Is there possibilities of player quitting?
>>
>>44649019
Hopefully it dies. I can understand QM traps, but to ruin it to this point is just outstanding.
>>
>>44649019
>>44649070
About half the players flew off using their flaming butts as jet engines. Most of those who remained were upset with the QM for a long time. Although with time many of those who left returned, and those who were upset calmed down. The game is presently alive and shows no signs of dying, in fact it is entering a very exciting phase in the ongoing thread.
>>
>>44649200
>About half the players flew off using their flaming butts as jet engines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xohI7o5438

>Vaelys space program intesifies
>>
File: HeracorNahive.jpg (135KB, 969x705px) Image search: [Google]
HeracorNahive.jpg
135KB, 969x705px
I might be running Novice Heretek Quest tomorrow at the following hours!

>5 PM (GMT) // 12 AM (EST)

Hope to see you all in there!
>>
>>44649200
Also, the QM used this shake-up to introduce a lot of new interesting characters into the quest, give some of the old ones great progress, explain many secrets and mechanics of the world, generally bring things to another level, give the MC new goals and abilities to reach those goals. All in all I would say he was right to do that. The trap wasn't that hard to notice, keeping the Heavens from sending their warriors was a pretty big deal that the players were expressly told to look out for. They were punished for their own mistakes and foolishness, and it generally did the game good, if at the price of a somewhat long period of very low activity and several completely ruined assholes.
>>
>>44649200
>>44649400
I'd give it at least a 50/50 chance that you are the QM sucking your own dick.
>>
>>44649479
Make that 80% chance.
>>
>>44649479
>>44649492
Wrong guess. I was, in fact, one of the people pretty butthurt about it at first, although I also calmed down quicker than many.
>>
>>44649543
Suuuuure you are.
>>
>>44649543
You just pushed it to 85%.
>>
>>44649543
I guess the advantage of being an akun QM is that you can't accidentally leave your trip on when you jerk yourself off.
>>
The QM of Paladin of Avalon on Akun isn't actually the QM.

MMD is just a guy who translates the quest from Russian.
>>
>>44649561
>>44649566
>>44649580
The guy doesn't know English well enough to translate large amounts of text to it. Even if he did, I don't think he would've had the time to both write and then translate his quest.
>>44649658
This.
>>
>>44649679
The answer came pretty much a minute later, second up or down. I'm sure he's answering to himself...pathetic.
>>
>>44649705
I also hide under your bed at night, dear.
>>
>>44649793
And now...it's butthurt.
>>
This is why quests have no reviews. One player is admiring a quest, and two others are bashing him for it. The birth problem of internet anonimity
>>
>>44649899
Correction: One player is admiring a QM that fucked over his entire playerbase and 2-3 people are calling him out on his bullshit.
>>
>>44649981
At least people talk about his quest, the rest of the quest sucks. No wonder why most aren't even mentioned.
>>
>>44649981
Gee, we should round up the others and lynch him. How dares he not being butthurt?
>>
>>44650038
This isn't about him not being butthurt. People are mad because he's cockgurgling the QM and acting butthurt when people call him out. So in reality he's butthurt even if you believe he's not.
>>
>>44650090
So, the only thing you can do is bash a QM or you're cockgurgling him?

/qtg/ pls
>>
>>44649981
I would say not pandering to your playerbase when they're being retarded out of fear of losing them and doing what you promised to do if they act retarded is not that bad. At least that QM is not a pussy.
>>
>>44650090
Look, isn't the chance to lose part of the game? Sure this isn't a case of "players made mistakes, it bit them in the ass, and now GM/QM is literally worse than Hitler who did nothing wrong"?
>>
>>44650110
You're obviously either missing the point or just pretending to be retarded. Which one is it?
>>
>>44650173
The third option. You're being full old-time shitposting /qtg/ and in damage control mode.

>implying you're not the QM
>QM is actually Russian and can't into English
>well then you're just butthurt nananana
Come on, dude. Stop it.
>>
>>44650159
>>44650161
There's a difference between a good QM and a poor QM. You know what that is? The good QM can make failures fun in and of itself.

Shitting on your entire playerbase after one mistake/failure?
That's a poor QM's choice.
>>
>>44650173
and we are back to square one..
>>
>>44650236
Alright, you're just acting retarded. Glad to see you came early, summerfag.
>>
>>44650238
Do you follow that particular quest?

>>44650258
Pot kettle black?
>>
>>44648704
Still looking for input, if you guys are not too busy shitposting at each other.
>>
>>44650238
Man, you aren't even reading that quest, you don't know the whole situation and story, what the hell are you talking about?
>>
>>44650287
Let them jerk each other
meanwhile
What's the setting about?
>>
>>44648726
No, because the quest has no players. It's just a translation from some Russian site no one gives a shit about
>>
>>44650287
Hasn't it been two weeks since you've been asking the exact same question?
>>
All of you who are saying that it isn't the QM (or his translator) posting about what a cool guy he is, just reread >>44649400

That is some ridiculous shillposting.
>>
>>44650238
Some people like their games with more strict cause and effect relationships
Failure can be fun like loosing can be fun. Once or twice it can be fun, sure, we are playing an all that.

But we both know that's rarely if ever how failures work.
>>
>>44649400
>monstergirls
>interesting characters
Kek
>>
>>44650356
>YOU CAN'T LIKE THING AND TALK ABOUT IT YOU CAN'T YOU CAN'T NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>44650385
Holy shit the salt is strong in this one.
>>
>>44650238
>after one mistake/failure?
It wasn't their first mistake, they've made them before and were forgiven. This particular sequence of events could have been prevented or at the very least severely softened on several occasions.
>>
>>44650335
The rough idea of it is it's about a young adult man who wants to obtain all 4 elements/spiritual powers and master them to become a Hero and be acknowledged. Very Shounen-like goal.

>>44650350
This is the first time I'm asking for advice in this thread, so that'd be a 'No'.
>>
>>44650385
Ah, greentext capslock. The best way to make your point if you're twelve years old.
>>
Thus reminds me of that guy who couldn't stop sucking Valen Quest's cock (with pretty much the same OH MAN MUH QM IS SO SICKDARK HE FUCKS OVER PLAYERS AND DOESN'T EVEN CARE WHAT AN ABSOLUTE MADMAN XDDDD style posts at that) and got pretty much everyone he was advertising to utterly disinterested in the quest due to how aggressively he shilled it.
>>
>>44648704
Elements are reliable, and stable.
Totems sound more fun to be honest, like conversing with your Totem, and choosing from a shitload of animals. The players can suggest a totem, and they can make it popular, but they can't do the same with an element
That being said Totems are more prone to instability. They are more risky.

It's your call but I'd personally enjoy Totems better.
>>
File: 1406650312979.jpg (19KB, 274x183px) Image search: [Google]
1406650312979.jpg
19KB, 274x183px
>>44650410
I'm not salty. I don't even read the quest.

Wait, no. I'm salty. I'm just really fucking tired about thought-stopping memes like "shill" and that hipster shit there is going on on 4chan. "Oh, it's popular/you like it? That means it's shit."
>>
>>44650464
PoA isn't even popular, it's just aggressively astroturfed in QTG
>>
>>44650445
>everyone
And by that you mean yourself, right?
>>
>>44650464
>Paladin of Avalon
>Popular
Uh, okay, if you say so.
>>
>>44650502
Read all the words.
>>
>>44650464
Do you have an extra chromosome or something? There are several popular quests out there that aren't criticized in there because they aren't shilled.

Two examples are Banished and Orc Warlord. People might not like them sure but even someone who reads and likes them will feel fucking annoyed if someone is so blatantly obviously sucking the QM's cock.
>>
>>44650458
Where did you get totems from? It's between elements or spirit animals.
>>
>>44650464
>actions have consequences?
>what? how can the MC loose?
>It's shit or absolutley fantastic! there is no middle ground!

it get's a little tiring
>>
>>44650502
>>44650521
You guys are kind of blind, aren't you?
>>
>>44650506
I didn't even bother posting, I just remember several posts about how that doesn't sound fun at all and the VQfag backpedaling hard so he could suck more VQ dick.

It was pretty funny to watch.
>>
>>44650545
spirit animals = totem( animal)s
>>
>>44650521
See >>44650525

(Christ, you fucks are so fucking dumb I'm defending a quest I'm not even reading on a website I'm not even interested in.)
>>
>>44650583
Then why are you defending it?
>>
>>44650502
One guy posting there is an update doesn't qualify as astroturfed in my book.
>>
>>44650356
>who are saying that it isn't the QM (or his translator) posting about what a cool guy he is
I'm pretty sure no one has ever said this isn't the translator talking about how he likes (came to like?) what his QM did. He openly admits it in the very post you have linked and I don't see him or anyone else denying it anywhere. The thing argued here is that he isn't wrong to.
>>
>>44650583
Welcome to the party. What drink can I get you?
>>
>>44650596
Because sometimes I'm tired with memesters, 4chan shadowrunners, conspiracy theorists looking for "habbeningz" and backseat moderators.
>>
Man, I'm a QM who has been running for some time already. After reading such mindless arguing I known now that I prefer my quest to lay low and not be discussed than to be astroturfed like that.
>>
>>44650525
>>44650558
I did, but it's a bit fallacious yo cry Hipster when you're the one with the minority tastes. Quit trying to force two issues together just for the sake of having more random names to throw at people you don't like.

Either that or go all the way and try to shoehorn some other ones in there. I'm sure you can make out people who disagree with you to be SJW Nazi racists as well hipsters if you really try.
>>
>>44650571
Ah. Well, if I go with the Spirit Animals, I will only have those 4 that I mentioned. Not that into the Totemist idea. Thanks for your input nonetheless.
>>
>>44650640
So are people tired of jerks like you.
>>
What are some quests?
>>
>>44650662
A pity. In that case, unless they have personalities, or they can be communicated with, then they aren't too different from the elements.
>>
>>44650502
>it's just aggressively astroturfed in QTG
There is like a couple posts a week saying "the quest has been updated". Me and you, I think we have pretty different understandings of the expression "aggressive astroturfing".
>>
>>44650650
I don't like Paladin of Avalon. I don't even read it. But I sure get annoyed whenever I see a memester whose only argument against whatever is "shilling".
>>
>>44650704
Yeah, I was going to have each of them have different personalities and people can communicate with them.
>>
>>44650762
I am looking forward to it
>>
>OP with actual questions
>suddenly shitposting
>thread tanks
Did the shitpost anon get triggered or something?
>>
>>44650650
>when you're the one with the minority tastes
And why do you assume that? As far as I can see, there are two people shitting in PoA, and 2-3 defending it (or just arguing with your attitude, doesn't matter), excluding the translator himself.
>>
>>44650370
They can be when not MGE'd. Alas, the chances of that not happening, either by the QM or the players, is zero.
>>
>>44650797
>And why do you assume that?
Because the reader count on Akun is deliriously low. Either way, you're crying hipster just as falsely as you accuse others of crying shill.

I don't even dislike PoA, I was just pointing out how wrong you are.
>>
>>44650645
Absolute fucking agreement on that front. Very rarely does a specific quest or QM coming up in one of these threads lead to anything positive.
>>
>>44650718
At this point, it's pretty clearly just something that's popular to hate, people throw a fit whenever it's mentioned, and their reasoning is paper thin accusations or general shitting on the QM for reasons that are actually arguable, but ultimately drowned out by bullshit.
>>
>>44650856
Again,
>monstergirls
>interesting
>>
>>44650871
Yet at the same time I impatiently wait for the WQDT to see if it is at least mentioned...I guess everybody likes attention.
>>
>>44650863
>Because the reader count on Akun is deliriously low.
Whoa, whoa, since when has eleven people in a non-live time become "deliriously low"? Or should every QM gather Mzion-level crowds now?
>>
Anyone thought of a One-Punch Man quest?
The MC could be an aspiring hero
>>
>>44650856
>Non-MGE Monster Girls
>Interesting
>Good

If you're going to go the monster girls route, go all the way.
>>
>>44650967
Here's the thing about fanfiction quests. The quality of the thing you're basing it off of doesn't matter. The setting is what matters, and while One-Punch Man is great, it's setting is lacking. That's the reason there are so many Naruto and DBZ quests, even though they aren't the best. You're welcome to try, and it might even get a following, but I wouldn't suggest it.
>>
>>44650983
>MGE monstergirls
I do like my characters with a bit more depth than "pounce on anything resembling a male"
>>
File: Gas_station_episode_7.jpg (99KB, 1019x768px) Image search: [Google]
Gas_station_episode_7.jpg
99KB, 1019x768px
>When people keep trying to bring IRL science into a soft science setting and refuse to accept the handwaves
>>
>>44651030
welcome to the horrible world of autism. enjoy your stay.
>>
>>44651025
Then don't have monster girls nigga.
>>
>>44651015
Not really, i was just catching up on it out of curiosity, and wanted to bring a little break in the Shitpost wars
>>
>>44651025
My point was that, if you're going to have monster girls, you might as well make them the MGE kind. If you don't want the MGE kind, then you shouldn't have monster girls at all.
>>
>>44651030
>See tons of SB/SV quests
>>
>>44650856
I think it's been mentioned somewhere that PoA's monstergirls are actually monster-races with customs and all that. Or at least MMD claimed so.
But no one here except him has actually read the quest and can confirm or deny this statement, everyone just keeps wildly assuming shit and greentexting with ">monstrgirls".

Someone should probably read it already and tell people the truth. Not sure it'll help, though, stubborn fucks of this thread probably won't believe anything they say anyway.
>>
>>44650967
Hero Quest was already a thing. It was basically not!One Punch Man and even was set roughly in the same "setting" as OPM, though in the future and very much different.
>>
>>44651117
But what if I want monster-people and don't want to run a smut quest?
>>
>>44651068
>>44651117
So there seriously is no middle point? MGE monstergirls or no monstergirls at all?
>>
>>44651181
No, you can still have non-MGE mostergirls, this will just avert people who want MGE-monstergirls or no monstergirls at all away from your quest. Duh.
>>
What is a good way to force someone to comply with an enemy's demands without taking their free will away.
Using DnD 5e, but can try and adapt a spell from a different system if required.

The idea comes from one piece, where a character can remove people's beating hearts, and can crush them at any time to hold people hostage.

The main thing I can think of is quivering palm, a high level monk ability that lets them chose at will to fuck up anyone previously hit by the ability, but despite being an early phase in designing this character I really don't feel like they should be a monk. More like a rogue or sorcerer.
Perhaps a poison, with a enemy holding an antidote?
>>
>>44651162
Then have them be actual monstrosities and encourage your players to kill them all instead of fuck them all.

>>44651181
There could be for some people, but players will want to fuck it if there's compatibility.
>>
>>44651222
Kidnap the waifu
>>
>>44651231
>Then have them be actual monstrosities and encourage your players to kill them
Fuck that, I want them to be actual races instead and encourage my players to interact with them like they would with any other fantasy race.
>>
>>44651300
>encourage my players to interact with them like they would with any other fantasy race.
I thought you said you didn't want MGE monstergirls.
>>
>>44651222
I don't know anything about DnD 5e, but there's something like a teleport or portal spell that can be attached to an item, isn't there? Have a situation where if they don't go along with it, the players get sent to a horrible dungeon or some such.
>>
What are everyone's favorite and least favorite quests currently running?
>>
>>44651334
I meant without the whole living-on-sperm/sexual/spiritual energy over-horny shit.
>>
It just dawned on me.

It's funny how every time someone asks "how do I make my quest popular/draw in more players", WQDT answers with "shill it!", but as soon as anyone starts to even slightly try to actually shill/advertise their quest here, they are immediately shat upon.
>>
>>44651505
Fuck you, stupid shill.
>>
>>44651505
Nobody fucking answers with shill it. For real, nobody.
>>
>>44651423
Again, you might as well not have monster girls. There's an appeal to monster girls, a reason some people like them, but if you don't want the weird sexual element, then you really shouldn't have monster girls at all.
>>
>>44651505
I've never once seen advice to shill it.

I have on the other hand seen plenty of people saying that the last thing you want to do is post your quest in wqdt, because it will get shitposted.

Some people just don't learn, apparently.
>>
>>44651505
>WQDT answers with "shill it!"
Nah, people want a rundown of the quest, not "COME READ X QUEST, LITERALLY THE ONLY GOOD QUEST ON TEEGEE! I HEAR IT EVEN CURES CANCER".

But hey, whatever twisted narrative makes you feel better about your inability to captivate people, I guess
>>
Hey /wqdt/, how do I make my quest popular/draw in more players?
>>
>>44651605
Shill it.
>>
>>44651605
Shill it!
>>
>>44651605
SHILL IT! Just SHILL IT! Don't let your dreams be dreams!
>>
>>44651605
Obligatory jaded cynical response #208
>>
>>44651605
shill it!
>>
>>44651605
I always have a thesaurus nearby to make narrative less monotone. Read every message before you send it, you'll be surprised by how many mistakes you have written. Read and write every day, even if it is a single page.
>>
>>44651605
Have you tried adding edgy lolis to the mix? I hear those are popular with select crowds.
>>
>>44651605
Make a patreon, the people who pay more have more voice when it comes to choosing votes.
>>
>>44651651
I have a couple of those, actually. Spooky pls go
>>
>>44651651
I fucking love edgy lolis! They better be ancient demons only in the bodies of little girls!
>>
>>44651605
You want to make sure to shill it is in every single thread, you know, in case anyone misses it the first thirty times.

Oh yeah, and if someone says it's shit, be sure and argue with them, that'll only make people more hyped for your quest since they know that something that someone is defending so fervently MUST be good.

Advanced level is shitposting about another, more popular QM with your trip on, in the hopes of starting a big argument which can only help to catapult your quest to new heights.

This is only the tip of the iceburg of ways wqdt can help you of course, but I'm sure you'll figure the rest out on your own.
>>
>>44651684
>Mzion's darkest nightmare
>>
>>44651714
You can fucking bet on it!
>>
>>44651687
Spooky is into dadlolis these days. So add some of those.

Maybe a dadloli to keep the edgelolis in check
>>
>>44651714
>not having them just be little girls who are super edgy, maybe with an equally edgy demon loli living in their head/soul
>>
>>44651577
Please, shut the fuck up about your particular brand of "I don't like this thing" already.
>>
But seriously, let's talk about players that seem to think only with their dicks.

How do you change the coarse of the dialogue? I don't want to do any railroading in this regard, so what plot hooks do I throw at them, what passing comments should characters make; how do I get them thinking about something else?

Imminent, constantly visible threat and timer to doomsday?

Mechanics/upgrade splurge?
>>
File: drow tattooed.jpg (114KB, 715x800px) Image search: [Google]
drow tattooed.jpg
114KB, 715x800px
I'm thinking about running a Chinese Dynasty style quest, but the ruling families of China are elves, the commoners are orcs (a lightly green/gray version of elves), and the PC would be from a rising competing Dynasty of dark elves who discovered adamant within their lands and have forged it, effectively mirroring the divide between the Shang and the Zhou. I'm also thinking about throwing in non-contemporary stuff, such as the introduction of paper money and pseudo-european colonization. Don't know if I'd do anything Three Kingdoms related though.
>>
>>44652120
>eh Bartholomew, wot if we took GENERIC FANTASY RACE HERE, and mashed it roight up wiv GENERIC HISTORICAL CULTURE HERE
>bloody genius amiroight, m8?
I'm so fucking tired of this trend.
>>
>>44651605
Make it a fanfic quest about a popular franchise. Be sure to use the canon characters.
Then absolutely ruin the franchise by adding a self-insert. Use the pretense of "fixing" the franchise to justify any changes you do to it, including the self-insert. Whoever complains is not even worth considering, because they are most likely fans of the original franchise, which is shit and your fanfic is the only good thing that ever came out of it. Be sure to be very vocal about that last point.

Bam, you get a legion of brown-nosers eager to follow in your step, making spinoffs of your fanfic and maybe even applying the same treatment to other popular franchises.
>>
>>44652106
A single choice where thinking with your dick leads to terrible consequence and/or one of the characters (preferably waifus) dying should be enough. Just be obvious enough when hinting that would happen so they don't accuse you of railroading later (the funny thing is, that actually will not be railroading).
>>
>Re:Monster is back

Haha oh my god I thought he was dead but he wasn't!
>>
>>44652106
Have some weird plot bullshit specifically prevent them from banging a character. Blood pact, celibacy, brain parasite, the other character not liking them in that way, have fun with it.
>>
>>44652208
Been there, seen that, waifu died, thread went up in flames.
>>
>>44652189
Can you name us some successful examples?
>>
>>44652246
>the other character not liking them in that way
Why don't more quests go this route to keep the player on the straight and narrow?
>>
an interesting turn of events happened in the last thread. Come and say hi

>>>44652254
>>
>>44651125
Non-pornographic monstergirl adventure quests are some of the better quests that roll along.

Hell, scorpion girl did almost everything QTG said was impossible at the time, and was quite good.

character deaths, meaningful loss, non-lesbianism, etc
>>
Everyone is Fucking Psychic.
>>44652330

Heyo guys. It's back. Check it out.
>>
File: SMUG.jpg (180KB, 947x891px) Image search: [Google]
SMUG.jpg
180KB, 947x891px
>>44652189
>>
File: lasergrop.gif (2MB, 640x290px) Image search: [Google]
lasergrop.gif
2MB, 640x290px
>>44650675
>>
>>44651030
>soft science
There is your problem.
>>
File: gropaga.png (118KB, 469x609px) Image search: [Google]
gropaga.png
118KB, 469x609px
>>44651414
>>
Does it ever work if a QM tries to juggle multiple quests at a time even if they alternate weeks running them?
>>
>>44651633
http://lesswrong.com/lw/2pv/intellectual_hipsters_and_metacontrarianism/

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/17/magazine/17META.html?pagewanted=all
>>
I need help
I want to make an adventure quest, I don't know which ones are good ideas and which ones are bad ideas.

Basically I'm going through a tough period and want to write away the pain. Is this a good idea?
>>
>>44653522
If your goal is to eliminate your pain, then QM'ing isn't the path that you want to pursue.
>>
>>44653138
I do that.

It only semi-works. I could have one really active quest with a strong following on the basis that it runs semi-regularly with few skipped threads.

Instead I have two quests that are half-dead which run once a week each and are regularly cancelled/pushed back.

The trade-offs are numerous. It's worth it on the basis that you get to write something different. I get to write something on one day, and if I get writers block; who cares? I got another quest on another day that I can write and write on and maybe the block will go away on the other.
>>
>>44653591
It worked in 2014 when I had a series of deaths in the family and pets go missing.
>>
>>44653635
It cut off my post

My point is: it worked once, so it would work again, right?

Or am I setting myself up for even more stress to out-stress the other problems in my life?
>>
>>44653635
Then you have your answer.
>>
>>44653604
I was thinking more like run one for a month then switch off.
>>
>>44653684
No, the one you don't run will shrivel up and die.

Quests are like fires. They need kindle to keep going. Most of your readerbase isn't going to overlap, so for them you just went in hiatus for a month.
>>
>>44653663
All people are different. If it worked for you once, it will probably work again.
>>
Can we do pitches that we would normally get ridiculed for?

A young boy
finds a talking sword
>>
>>44652264
No names on WQDT.
>>
Is that quest where you're a Lich in space still going on? I caught the first thread but had to move across country and can't remember the name
>>
>>44653770
since when?
>>
>>44653863
Not him, but since always. Don't mention things you like in QTG Mk II.
>>
>>44653905
Or things you hate.
>>
>>44653757
This all really depends on what the sword is saying.
>>
File: Stop in the name of Humanity.jpg (135KB, 310x281px) Image search: [Google]
Stop in the name of Humanity.jpg
135KB, 310x281px
>>44653757
>A young boy
>>
>>44653905
That doesn't seem to be a rule in WQDTs from what I've seen.
>>
>>44653985
Things. Some of them bad.

>>44654030
Okay, a young girl
>>
>>44654072
>a young girl
You are just making things worse. Make it a robot trained to find swords and fuck your mouth.
>>
>>44654105
Great, A young girl finds a sword which is a talking robot.
>>
>>44653757
>can we do pitches
sure. I don't know if I would get ridiculed for this one.

you are a SECURITY ROBOT.

The colony you are on has been hit by a mutagenic bioweapon

It is your objective to secure your assigned human family

From there you go. Try to hold out, or figure a way to escape, or a way to call for help, etcetera.
>>
>>44654148
and it fucks your mouth, right
>>
>>44654171
What kind of tone?
>>
>>44654148
She also has to have waifus she can fuck with her futa cock. We're agreeing the MC should be a futa, right?
>>
>>44653757
You are a superhero
but you are also a bug

you're a bugman riding a motorcycle
>>
>>44654239
it really depends on how I pull it off.

I want to do an eerie tone with a little bit of happy family time. It might all just collapse into comedy, my native language, at some point however.
>>
>>44654260
Nah nah, there's to much of that stuff already, I wanna see a fuckslut MC. She can take the futa dick, but she can't be a futa herself.
>>
>>44654148
What about a giant robot?

And they could live in New Jersey.
>>
>>44654322
For real though, I'd read a quest with a slutty femQMC since we see so many harem quests and lesbians.
>>
I wish to run a quest about a man who is watched over by his mother's vengeful spirit.
But quests aren't the medium for investigation and long periods of downtime, so hunting someone down for vengeance won't work.
>>
>>44654362
did he ever get his two bux?
>>
>>44654459
no
>>
>>44654487
you're a dirty man running a scrapyard, and you have to get your two dollars from a man with a giant robot
>>
>>44654430
A slutty female QMC would probably not go well over on /tg/.
>>
>>44654504
Exception is if they're lesbo.
>>
>>44654498
the only ending to this is the quest ends without ever getting your two bux.
>>
>>44654525
Yes, well, of course.
>>
>>44654322
>>44654430
Fuckslut oneesan getting gangbanged by her futaloli harem quest when?
>>
>>44654504
I dunno, anons in BPQ were pretty slutty.
>>
Death Among the Stars running tomorrow at normal time of 3-4pm Arizona time, hope to see folks there
>>
>>44654655
I'm sorry, what quest is that?
>>
>>44655306
Butt Pounding Quest
>>
>>44653757
Let's see....

Rance & Chaos
Grovy & Rubilax
__ & Excalibur

Been done before yeah.
>>
>>44655527
you are saber and you find Excalibur

now fuck that shirou
>>
File: excalibur.jpg (19KB, 392x392px) Image search: [Google]
excalibur.jpg
19KB, 392x392px
>>44655610
No I mean this Excalibur
>>
>>44655641
You stop right there criminal scum.
>>
>>44655610
I'd read that, but I'd rather just read the fate route epilogue again and feel really happy.
>>
>QM question
I've received praise as I finished running a session and I'm thankful, but if anyone's said anything anyplace else, I haven't heard it.
>>
>QM question
I lust for feedback like a yandere lusts for her man's attention but thus far not a lot along the lines of a formal review, though anon's not been shy about expressing their thoughts as we move through.
>>
>>44646880
> QM question
>Have you ever read a review of your quest? Do you think it was over-flattering, realistic, or too harsh?
I thought it was really useful. It was kind of harsh, but it improved the quest. And that's the important part.
>>
Last weekend I mentioned a quest concept I was slowly cobbling together. Still working on it, and mostly looking for some review or thoughts about bits and pieces I've primarily gotten to click. Maybe some advice here or there.

( >>44558647 was the post number, if anyone is interested, but that's not really my concern right now.)

My plan right now is to incorporate a resource pool of sanity points (name pending, it's just a convenient name for now). The idea being that various encounters and choices in the quest will force a roll in order to maintain your pool, where failure forces a deduction in varying amounts. Loss of sanity doesn't necessarily correlate to going insane in the traditional sense, but it will have a tangible effect on the PC as they go through the quest.

If you beat the DC, no points are lost.
If you just miss the DC (say within five), then half points are lost.
Anything beyond the 'whiff' range is full point loss.

Bottoming out in sanity will indisputably be one of the most dire things in the quest, but I'm undecided as to whether or not it will constitute an ending, or not. This is a bit of a delicate decision for me, simply because traditional death is NOT going to constitute an end, and would act more like a check point of sorts. Dying will cost you sanity points, but you otherwise are fine... After a time. I expect the players will find themselves dying a few times as they stumble along.

My next point of order is basically a 'stat' you'll accumulate through the quest which will permanently lower your max sanity pool, in exchange for unlocking various interesting upgrades the PCs can 'remember'. I haven't yet ironed out what they'll be using to purchase/remember these upgrades with though, and I'm still in the process of making a sample list I'm happy with. I'll talk about those a bit more in detail when I'm ready to share them and maybe get some ideas from anons.
>>
File: CVuV5f-W4AAB7ie.jpg (83KB, 550x771px) Image search: [Google]
CVuV5f-W4AAB7ie.jpg
83KB, 550x771px
>>44646880
>QM Question

The players tend to be critical but I don't think I've ever received a fully featured review. I'd certainly appreciate one, as Exterminator Quest has definitely warped since its inception.

If you're bored and want to try, here's the link to my cache in the archive:
>http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=exterminator+quest

>Bonus Question

External index of existing quests, possibly a locked wiki. QMs submit their quests for inclusion (as with the Twitter index) and players can comment on the Quest pages with reviews.

I'm not sure how viable that is, I can barely operate Tumblr.
>>
What are the other dice rolling rules QMs use? Besides:

1d100
1d20
3d20
3d10 (Combat Chain)

Highest of 3 dice, what are the nuances to it besides using stats from Anydice to determine where the ranges/DC should be?
>>
>>44648014
>If you want an audience that isn't ENTIRELY made up of disgusting futanari fetishes, run it on /tg/

I completely agree. So for those who do run on /tg/, why not have some external reservoir for reviews? There's no reason it needs to be a general on the actual board, it can just be linked to from the /wqdt/ opening post.
>>
Crusader quest When?
>>
>>44646880

I wish

No one has ever reviewed my quest. I might end up asking or begging for a postmortem of it after it ends.
>>
>>44656864

I use three rolls of 3d6 against the DC, if two or more beat the DC, it's a success. I usually make it a bigger success if all three scores exceed the DC.

It's an unoriginal system but it works well most of the time as the rolls generally fall close to an average. This mirrors ingame in that the PC usually succeeds at tasks that are within the average range and tends to fall flat with ones that are not. He has certainly struggled with intelligence rolls (he has no positive modifier) but that hasn't stopped the players from having a few lucky plays either.

It could use a lot more granularity but it wasn't designed with the intention that my Quest would continue for 36 threads.

Ironically I'm working on a system that uses even less granularity now. Hoping to replace most of the dice rolling with player creativity and reserve it for moments of high tension.
>>
>>44656933

I'll read it, link me the archive.
>>
>>44657089
Are you sure?

It's over a hundred threads long
>>
>>44657130

Don't be coy. I'll give it an honest try and if it's really good, I'll be done in a week.
>>
>>44657210
Okay.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Card%20Priestess%20Quest

Thanks.
>>
File: 1429421525039.png (289KB, 492x492px) Image search: [Google]
1429421525039.png
289KB, 492x492px
>>44652189

assblasted: the post
>>
File: Rinnier.jpg (219KB, 1500x2322px) Image search: [Google]
Rinnier.jpg
219KB, 1500x2322px
>>44657362
Valen Quest is live for any of my (four) players who missed the twitter.
---

>QM question
A couple now. Or at least, some smatterings of feedback. I've gotten a fair amount of well deserved criticism that I've simultaneously taken with a grain of salt, and taken to heart. If anything, most of the feedback I get has been fairly levelheaded and direct, which is something I appreciate. I hope I can improve from it.

I was also there for that flattering, if a little embarrassing, anon. I appreciate, and am really happy, that they enjoy the quest as much as they do... but I worry that their enthusiasm did more harm than good. I suppose it can't be helped, though, so I can only thank them for the sentiment - Even if the execution was a well-meaning trainwreck.

>Player question
Yeah, a few actually. Feedback is really important for writers, and even more so for QMs! The fact that someone cared enough to read what you put your heart into, really read it and thought about it, then took the time to give you advice or talk about it is an amazing feeling. If it can help someone improve, then it's definitely worth doing!

>Bonus question
I kind of like the locked wiki idea from >>44656869 , but similarly am not sure how much work it would be to specifically manage. Also that would necessitate a lot of quest reading, unless we just appointed each QM as a moderator with restricted access to their own page (is that possible?).

It seems like a large, but interesting undertaking.

>>44656802
I've actually seen this around but never picked it up. I'll see about archivebinging this soon. Not tonight mind you, but it shouldn't take long.

>>44657299
I'll binge through this, too. Admittedly your opening image and the name always reminded me of Card Captor Sakura, but I'd be interested to see what you've done!
>>
>>44657784
>I'll binge through this, too. Admittedly your opening image and the name always reminded me of Card Captor Sakura, but I'd be interested to see what you've done!

Thanks! A bunch of my art is pixiv art mostly due to not being able to draw.
>>
>>44657826
>Due to not being able to draw.
I'm terrible at it as well. I feel guilty about trying to find character art that closely resembles my cast.
>>
>>44657849
> feeling guilty about trying to find character art that closely resembles my cast

Find cool character art and write your cast descriptions based on it. Works for environmental art and such as well.

It's usually best to avoid stuff from hyper-popular franchises, unless you've found an alternate costume fanart and you're using it for a character that doesn't have powers/tics/etc. like the character in the art. Or go full Decu and make it a thing.
>>
>>44656448
>I lust for feedback

Post quest. I might do it for the fuck of it.
>>
Reverse harem quest when.
>>
So /tg/ is about to get a /pol/ invasion

/pol/ banned civs so now they're all coming here now. great
>>
>>44658136
Like, a quest where you're a girl trying to get senpai to notice you against a bunch of other girls, or a game where you're a girl and drowning in dicks?
>>
>>44658158
The latter. I guess it would've been better if I just asked for a husbando quest.
>>
>>44658122
My thanks. I'll avoid spamming the thread with it further.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Dungeon%20Life%20Quest
>>
>>44658175
I think you'd just end up with a bukake quest fairly quickly.

You'd have to have the quest take place in a world of reversed gender expectations where players can't just have the female MC sucking cock like the players would constantly vote for.
>>
File: This is bait, the Musical.jpg (72KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
This is bait, the Musical.jpg
72KB, 900x900px
>>44657690
>>
https://anonkun.com/stories/bio-weapon-quest/vmwQ9pEXsAHMAx24x/home
>>
File: TQn7RpX.jpg (104KB, 535x1212px) Image search: [Google]
TQn7RpX.jpg
104KB, 535x1212px
>>44658262
>Just a normal, nondescript high school girl
>Find myself surrounded by hot boys of varying sizes and personalities in an awkward situation where we live together
>Constantly walking in on them naked
>Always tripping and falling in a position where I get a hand for faceful of schlong
>But it was just a misunderstanding
>Get punched through the doorway by offended qt boys
>Worth it because I actually got to touch a real dick
>>
>>44658138
What
Shit

Should we welcome them, or what?
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-08+at+10.40.27).jpg (91KB, 317x565px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-08+at+10.40.27).jpg
91KB, 317x565px
>>44658577
I want it.
>>
>>44646880
Can anyone explain the "smuggle dakimura everyday" meme to me?
>>
>>44658262
>end up with a bukkake quest fairly quickly

You'd have to make the ostensible point of the quest something other than husbandoing, and just... ...happen to throw a bunch of attractive and available men at/around the MC.

There's always the chance that the players will rebel and go for chastity in pursuit of their goal, try to form a male harem, attempt lesbianism, or even bang an inanimate object.

Yes, that fucking happened. I'm bad at managing players.
>>
>>44658890
snuggle dakimoutos erryday :3
>>
>>44658577
I read that hentai to. It was p good.
>>
>>44658900
Cyberpunk Motorcycle Courier Quest?
>>
>>44659182
Yeah. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy that someone remembers, even though I kinda abandoned y'all.
>>
>>44659308
I only really remember the macaroni art and the fact that the players wanted to fuck the bike.
>>
>>44659356
>players wanted to fuck the bike.
Feels like this deserves some context or a story or something
>>
>>44659356
I remember there was some massive asshurt over...something. Either the MC died or the bike got destroyed or something, but anons were pissed.

And then the follow up quest fizzled IIRC.
>>
>>44659463
They were a female motorcycle courier and players got really attached to the bike while ignoring all the manbait the QM was throwing at them.
>>
>>44659496
MC died in a serious of events that the players couldn't control or more the didn't know HOW to control it due the setting and its rules being barely fleshed out.
>>
>>44658138
MAGA
>>
>>44658890
You forced it hard in an attempt to turn it into a meme but failed, Triggerman.
>>
In situations of completely random chance, like encounters, what do you think of letting the players choose instead of rolling a die? Like:

>A rare monster appears, but it's well guarded
>An embarrassing incident happens that noone will speak of ever again.
>Is that a pack of wolves?
>>
>>44660751
the problem with having players choose is it reveals a bit too much of your hidden GM workings.

And, in being revealed, they lose their mysticism.
>>
>>44660751
I don't know, I put quite a lot of effort into my random tables so I feel like discarding them would be a waste.
>>
>>44652331
It was also Vaelys approved.

Which means there wasn't really a quest at all, just a story with the right choices all picked out for you to choose.
>>
>>44661559
anon, I think you are putting far too much credit on your hatecrush mattering.
>>
>>44661584
>7 PM in Australia
Yep, it's Vaelys. Stop posting.
>>
>>44651125
>Someone should probably read it already and tell people the truth.
Didn't GBU anon try to read it but gave up partway through? Surely he would know the truth in this matter.
>>
>>44661584
The hatecrush doesn't matter. The lack of story matters a lot.
>>
>>44661622
I thank you for warning me.
>>
>>44661706
>>44661584
Its not even the lack of story. The lack of player agency is annoying. It really didn't matter what anyone did.
>>
So, I'm not usually up this late.

Around how long does vaelys do this?
>>
>>44661559
>>44661584
>>44661622
>>44661713
>>44661797
Who or what the fuck is Vaelys?
>>
>>44661803
apparently it's that guy
>>44661761
>>44661706
>>44661559
we should all stop acknowledging it though.
>>
Does anyone have any particular want for a certain kind of quest? I wanna run one, but all my ideas seem too similar to other quests, if not in setting then tone.
>>
>>44661819
run what you want, girl. If it fails, try again a few times.
>>
>>44661826
What constitutes a failure?

And how many times is a 'few'?
>>
>>44661841
A failure is when the quest doesn't perform to your requirements, whatever they may be.

A few is however many you're willing to give a shot.
>>
>>44661803
The person who believes he understands everything there is to know about questing but hasn't ever run one, considers any write n where consequences and results are not explicitly spelled out so the best option can always be chosen as poor quest running, and who considers the slightest possibility of failure or MC consequences a reason to shitspam the quest and hound the QM to retcon and fix the mistakes that are killing the quest (i.e. everything he doesn't like).

He's got at least one other person convinced of the rightness of this methodology.
>>
>>44661867
Uh...huh.

Sounds like the gentleman in question needs to read some Discworld. I believe it was in Going Postal that the wonderful line, "The most important freedom is the freedom to accept the consequences," was dropped?

Thanks for the info.
>>
>>44661648
No, he tried to write a review but then said he can't review non-original content (i.e. translation) and gave up. I never understood this part to be honest.
He was always a very slow reader, though. I remember it took him a month or two month to finish something like a 100k words story. And i'm not even sure he had read it all.
>>
>>44661901
You shouldn't worry about it too much. Vaelys is a meme at this point. He could certainly be bad, I don't deny that, but the name's just an insult or a boogeyman for these threads to endlessly howl about at this point.
>>
>tfw you readt /wqdt/ and realize everything anti-questfags say about questfags is true.

Shit, I remembered why I don't read these.
>>
>>44662020
WQDT is just as shitty as anti-quest fags claim, but not the type of shit they claim. The only thing true is the quality.
>>
>>44662020
>Implying all questfags post in /wqdt/
It's more like a 1/4 of all players, if even that.
>>
>>44662044
It's just the environment is toxic even for 4chan. What's the point of a quest discussion thread if you can't talk about quests without someone shitposting or someone trying to troll the thread if it's active?
>>
>>44662080
More like 1/4 of the players of a few specific quest genres, more like.

>>44662089
Spooky is less caustic than this place and they haven't been on-topic in months.
>>
>>44662108
I dunno man, sometimes I just wanna talk about how cool one of threads is, or I just want to talk about what happened in the last thread of a particular quest with people who also enjoy it. I guess it's just too much to expect of 4chan.
>>
>>44662108
>Spooky is less caustic
Are we reading the same threads? The last like two weeks of spooky have been literally nothing but shitposting. At least we can agree they get along when off-topic, but no one there actually does anything but shitpost when it comes to quests.
>>
>>44662135
>The last like two weeks of spooky have been literally nothing
Fix senpai desu. We're pretty dead.
>>
>>44662135
They shitpost like crazy but it's lost all bite because everyone is just being a playful, lazy retard.

It's a shitty place, but it's still pleasant with it's shittiness. Unlike here where everyone's trying to kill each other with their shit opinions and insults.
>>
>>44662157
So what you're saying is that WQDT shitposts at each other while Spooky shitposts together?
>>
>>44662190
You can tell from the first 100 posts of this thread that the anons in here like to shitpost eachother.
>>
>>44662123
Then fucking do it, fag. The shitposters only have as much power as you're willing to give them.
>>
>>44659992
Who's Triggerman?
>>
>>44662570
Someone who really likes to shitpost and draw attention to himself.

So shut the hell up about him before you get accused for being him.
>>
One of the perils of long running quests is that even the QM can forget his own canon, events that happened, which NPCs know what etc.

Should a QM only run short quests to prevent this?
>>
>>44662654
No, a QM should always write down things such as NPCs and their knowledge, events that has happened, stuff that he considers canon in his quest etc. whether it be something he determined before the start of the quest or during its course.
>>
>>44662570
You
>>
who crusader quest here? anyone think we will probably have to off Hugh to secure Ascalon?
>>
>>44651222
Is Geas not a thing in 5e? It's pretty much exactly what you're asking for.
>>
Do you guys think a Survival Quest would be interesting? Either a Survival Game quest where you need to kill the other participants to win with some twisted conditions here and there or a straight out survival game where you're stranded on a very hostile island or in the middle of the wilderness and has to survive and find a way home.
>>
>>44663272
yes and no.

Mostly no, because the yesses involve social interaction with other survivors that could be done in other genres, and the nos involve the premise itself like not having the descriptional or technological chops in a quest to actually do exploration and scavenging.
>>
>>44663377
I may, uh, have been thinking about this a lot myself, which is why I have this answer prepared.

You see, I too want to run a survival quest, but the obstacles are difficult. need to work around.
>>
>>44663377
pros and cons are the words you're looking for.
>>
>>44663272

I've thought a lot about running a zombie survival quest where you're a kid, and things get bad very quickly. There would be enough unique and dangerous things about the undead that would throw people off with their plans.

I think the hardest thing to get right is the desparation. If people know you can't die, there will be little drive to survive. Of course, you can't just kill off the main character at the first mistake, because then you wouldn't have a quest.

Somehow you have to have consequences to making survival mistakes that give enough feedback to put people into desperation mode, that don't thereafter ruin the game.
>>
Any currently ongoing Witcher quests to read?
>>
>>44665762
>witcher
>utterly generic grim fantasy setting
Probably.
>>
>>44665762
None that I know of
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.