[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, er.... What the fuck?!?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: In the same set.jpg (48KB, 625x435px) Image search: [Google]
In the same set.jpg
48KB, 625x435px
So, er....

What the fuck?!?!
>>
Don't be silly anon, variance in the power level of removal is to be expected from set to set and what the fuck they're both from OGW aren't they?

What the shit is this
>>
File: tumblr_nwg3txzUfQ1qjqvxao1_500.jpg (126KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwg3txzUfQ1qjqvxao1_500.jpg
126KB, 500x375px
>>44644987
Problem?
>>
>>44644987
the difference between common and uncommon?
>>
Maybe the justification is that double colours are harder to obtain because of the new wastes thing?

It's a shit justification but maybe it's what they were thinking. Uncommons aren't usually that much better than commons, at least not this obviously.
>>
>>44645055
Card Rarity is directly tied to the card's cost in actual currency. $$$

By making two cards that fill the exact same role with one being superior and more available based purely on $ cost, you're basically shitting on the entire game.

While rarity does provide a good guideline to determine efficacy in a lot of cases, by literally making a superior CLONE of the card, you're rending tar snare completely pointless, and forcing people to shell out for an uncommon over a common at ALL TIMES.
>>
>>44644987
As always, best colour.
>>
The fact that black gets two instant speed minus toughness kill spells bothers me. One of them should have been "destroy target creature" or something.
>>
>>44645148
You do realize pretty much all commons are designed for limited, right?

In case you are not familiar with the draft and sealed formats, they are formats where people have access to a limited amount cards, so uncommons are, as their name implies, uncommon. Because of that, a card like Tar Snare is likely to see more play in limited than Grasp of Darkness, despite being overall weaker.

You can learn more about draft here:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/gameinfo/gameplay/formats/boosterdraft
>>
>>44645055
It was a common in Scars though ;_;
>>
>>44644987
>muh shit power set
>muh no creativity
>muh magic is ded
>>
>>44644987
Is that a goddam sombrero?
>>
>>44643375
Uh, water down the overall power of black for draft formats? I guess?
>>
>>44645148
They do it for the money, what else you could expect? why do you think jayce is a mythic and not a rare? why do you think that fetch lands, being lands the base of a deck, are rare instead of uncommon?
>>
My guess: they decided last minute to include grasp of darkness into the set, didn't change Tar Snare because it was too late into development.
>>
>>44645542
Don't you know that the Gatewatch is trump and the eldrazi are mexicans. This just confirms it. If you think about it ulamog is basically El chapo
>>
>>44646533
>gideon is trump

appropriate considering the jewish name and trump being a money whore.
>>
>>44644987
they could have at least made Tar Snare to be devoid, just to differentiate the two a bit.
>>
>>44645148
>Card Rarity is directly tied to the card's cost in actual currency.
That's not right. It's not supposed to be like that, it just happens to be that way a lot of the time because rares are usually cards with bigger impacts and there are, well, less of them.

>literally making a superior CLONE of the card, you're rending [the previous card] completely pointless[/strictly worse].

This is true in the case of many cards, but it is not true here. It is a very slight difference, but Tar Snare is more easily splashed into as compensation for its slightly higher CMC. In terms of draft, it's a very tiny difference, but a possibly relevant one. This is really not the same thing as having a straight upgrade of something at rare in the same set as its downgrade. Don't have a cow, man.
>>
>>44646359
My thoughts as well. I flipped when I saw grasp, I had no clue that WotC was ready to print removal that good in standard again.
>>
>>44645026
>>44645148
>>44646193
you are what is wrong with magic
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.