[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/- Star Wars General- Awkward Questions Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 383
Thread images: 46

File: Cs8nORR.jpg (145KB, 500x497px) Image search: [Google]
Cs8nORR.jpg
145KB, 500x497px
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related

Previous Thread:>>44616942

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Pretty much all the shipfag ships
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
>>
File: She mad.jpg (316KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
She mad.jpg
316KB, 1280x1811px
>>
What's a good basic Empire setup for X-Wing? TIE swarms give me a headache. I was thinking maybe two /fo and an Interceptor. What should I add?
>>
So I can get more opionins.

I want to make a TIE Interceptor list but every example I've found includes a TIE Advanced and a PalpShuttle, I can't afford either of those at the moment but own just about every other TIE ship, what would work?
>>
Anyone have competitive Scum lists that aren't Brobots or a Z-95 swarm? I don't have aggressors and only the Z's that came in the Most Wanted pack.
>>
File: aquestionforyou.png (1MB, 1333x704px) Image search: [Google]
aquestionforyou.png
1MB, 1333x704px
What ship are the adorable little ones?
>>
>>44625853
1.acquire soontir, carnor and a random tie/in
2.slap on them roayl guard title, push the limit, autothrusters and stealth device
3.enjoy flying everywhere getting all the tokens you want and throwing lotsa green dice
>>
>>44625865
5x kirhaxz
>>
>>44625910

I don't have 3 titles, AT or SD :(.

That's another problem I have.
>>
>>44625906
FT-CHK
>>
>>44625934
Okay, so I assume you have a single Imp Aces and a single Interceptor blister?
What else do you have?
>>
>>44625934
If you're playing with your friends just proxy the cards and play with a printed list from a builder. If you're playing in a tournament where proxies are not allowed then ask if someone has the cards to borrow before the tournament, usually you always find friendly and helpful people.
>>
>>44625906
ULAF? Or maybe the one you labled LAF is just a differently arranged HLAF and the teeny one is the LAF
>>
Roughly how many planets would need to be roughed out to fill an outer-rim sector with enough places to occupy a party of PCs? The sector in question has precisely one system ever mentioned, and mostly as a footnote with no real details.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-07+at+06.21.51).png (16KB, 802x313px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-07+at+06.21.51).png
16KB, 802x313px
>>44625972

See picture

>>44625973

I probably will proxy for friends but I'm one of these types of people that FF loves, I'd like to have the proper cards.
>>
>>44626000
Then just play with printed lists for the moment or borrow cards, then with time and money you can get the extra packs you need for the cards you're missing
>>
>>44625999
An entire planet can last a man a lifetime. It just depends on how deeply you flesh it out.
>>
>>44626000
Wait.
How do you have a Firespray but no Stealth Device, and a Starviper but no AutoThrusters?
>>
>>44626024

... I don't have enough for three Interceptors.
>>
>>44625990

I would accept that except for the fact that the HLAF uses the same spaceframe as the LAF with bigger engines and weapon hardpoints.

Looking through the Wook and Suns of Fortune while asking you guys and the best bet I could find is the Lancet, but the Lancet isn't supposed to have wings. It makes sense though, though with the needle like protrusion coming out the front.

Any thoughts?
>>
>>44626043
pocket patrol boat. Comes from the same source as the laf and hlaf and is described as an oversized fighter.
>>
>>44626163
That is WAY too small to be a PPB.
>>
>>44626163
>>44626212
Gotta agree, that is way to small for a PPB, PPB is oversized as you said, the three fighters we are looking at are three medium sized and two small.
>>
>>44626212
Then, it's nothing on that chapter. Everything else has a specific description that is not like that thing.
>>
>>44626251
Sorry, the five, I am a little ill at the moment.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7IVU87-jnrc

Mando hype is real
>>
Is there any good compendium of star wars ships anywhere?
>>
>>44626264
>That use of halfassed logic.

I appreciate your aid in this, I do. But, that is a little lazy.

Right, the Lancet it is then, only one small enough, the wings could be explain away as the maneuvering fins, and it has that nice lancet on the nose.
>>
Saga KOTOR advice

I looked on the manual the stats of a basilisk war droid, among his weapons, the stat sheet names it's claws.

But apart from the attack bonus, i couldn't find anywhere the actual damage these guys do with their droid claws, someone ca help me out?
>>
He works in management at Laser Moon, Leia. Yeah, it's super lame.
>>
>>44626352
But the Lancet only has a SINGLE maneuvering fin, and a fuselage described as "dart shaped".
>>
>>44626378
10d12+90
>>
>>44625826
Palpatine riding in a shuttle is nice. A Firespray, Defender, Phantom, 1-2 Advanced would all be good adds
>>
How come people around here say saga is shit?

It's fun and easy to play.

Or are you that kind of guy that play force users because they can't have fun if they must actually struggle to rech their goals?
>>
>>44625865
Quad TLTs with unhinged is pretty popular. I like Boba and Bossk, personally.
>>
>>44626500
why would I play Saga when I can play the superior WEG?
>>
>>44626537
>WEG
>not FFG
>>
>>44626500
Saga used to be my favorite game back when I only played d20. It's got a ton of sourcebooks and is the best d20 game. But there are other far better systems out there, due to force user imbalance, extra complexity to make encounters, and trained/untrained skills making skill checks pointless after awhile (especially with skill focus:use the force). It's not bad; FFG is just so much better I've never looked back.
>>
>>44626500
>Struggle
>Broken as fuck force users

This has to be bait, unless you think trap options for characters is "challenge"
>>
>>44625644

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/1/7/savage-spirits/
>>
>>44626301
oh man

that is some hype shit
>>
>>44626418
I get what you are saying, and you are right. But, its not the first time that artwork has contradicted descriptions. The main thing is, 90 percent of the description fits, it does in fact have a dart shaped look, it is small and compact, yet the design is big enough to fit two people in there. The main problem is the wing, which if you remove makes the ship match perfectly.
>>
>>44626513
How do you like the Hounds tooth? I've heard it's a Lambda equivalent ship for Scum, which I anyways sucked at piloting.
>>
Huh, I'm looking at the stats between Palpatine and Revan in the SAGA books and I think Revan might actually be able to kill Palpy in a straight up fight. They're actually about even in Force Powers but Revan is the better lightsaber duelist.
>>
>>44626569
I think your reading comprehension needs a check
>>
>>44626301
"Thats it protector"

Journeyman Protectors confirmed nucanon?
>>
>>44626666
Quads confirm.

That said, Windu was able to beat Sheevy P.
>>
File: 1403320654945.jpg (92KB, 1090x569px) Image search: [Google]
1403320654945.jpg
92KB, 1090x569px
Are there stats out there for Whiphid in FFG yet?
>>
>>44626666
no surprise. Force users in general keep getting weaker and weaker as time comes by.

But Revan was by far the strongest jedi of his time.
Sheev, as based as he may be, is nothing compared to people like Nihilus
>>
>>44626657
It's weird to get the hang of, but I like it. Engine Upgrade is really nice, combined with that auxiliary arc it's hard to hide from Bossk. And your most important move is the 0.
>>
>>44626649
True.
The Pulsar Skate is a prime example.
>>
>>44626686
Or maybe Bo'Katan took over Fenn Shysha's Legends role and founded the Mandalorian Protectors.
>>
>>44626690
Keepers of the Peace Just came out.
>>
>>44626727
Oooooh, I forgot about them, good point! Thats even better.
>>
>>44626751
Oh? What do Whiphid look like in that?
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 575x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 575x327px
>>44625644
>>
>>44626703
Palpatine is noted for being one of the strongest Sith Lords to ever exist though. And one of the most successful.

Nihilus and Sion are actually both a bit tougher than Revan but he edges them out in Force powers and lightsaber skill.

Oddly enough, Malak is a bettr duelist than Revan but is weaker in the Force.
>>
Are there any guides to running an Old Republic game in the FFG system?
>>
>>44626607
>rules for animal companions

Get hype
>>
>>44626785
>rogered.jpg
>>
>>44626785
Maybe it's some Revan bullshit, Anakin/Vader splitting up into his "good" and "bad" sides?

Somebody pointed out Snog's theme is the same as Plagius' from the prequels.

Anyway I love me some epileptic trees.
>>
>>44626848
What theme?
>>
>>44626803

Well, technically, that was in F&D core because you could use mental bond and there were several animals in the book and even "juvenile" rules so you could get a baby animal while your FR was low - but it didn't exactly have a pricing system or anything either.
>>
File: agirlandherdog.jpg (27KB, 300x447px) Image search: [Google]
agirlandherdog.jpg
27KB, 300x447px
>>44626803

This both terrifies and pleases.
>>
>>44626866
The music from the official OST titled Snoke is a remix of the Darth Plagueis theme from Episode III, that plays when Sheev is talking about him to Anakin.
>>
>>44626796
Lorewise, Nihilus eats planets. You can't top that.
In my personal power scale, nihilus and darth bane are probably the most powerful sith lords that ever existed.
Sheev is probably close behind, maybe on par with Kreia as for Force powers, but lacking her hinsight and ambition. After all, sheev wanted to become emperor, kreia wanted to literally kill the Force.

Sure thing is, sheev fare pretty high on power scales thanks on his tactical genius level if intelligence and sheer force power. He surely is stronger than Exar Kun and Ulic Quel-Droma maybe even stronger than Naga Sadow, even if all of these would've wiped the floor with him in a lightsaber duel.
>>
>>44626926
He was only able to eat that planet because it was loaded with force sensitives and the Jedi Council.
>>
File: DM2E6kj.jpg (72KB, 640x696px) Image search: [Google]
DM2E6kj.jpg
72KB, 640x696px
"The first time you are destroyed, cancel all remaining damage, discard all your Damage cards, and assign 4 facedown Damage cards instead."

Keep in mind the JumpMaster has 5 native hull, and you can put Hull Upgrade on it and /get it back/ the first time you die.
>>
>>44626969
He still literally eats other force sensitives' souls for breakfast, lunch, dinner and midnight snack.
There are stories of sith lords able to transfer their identity in other people's bodies, but nihilus as far as i know is the only one who actually can rip off you soul and eat it. That's some new kind of abomination there
>>
>>44626926
True.

Just found Windu's stats. He can definitely kick Sheev's ass in combat. He's nearly as strong in the Force as Sheev too.

Exar Kun is a better duelist than Windu and just as skilled with the Force.

I think Revan holds the position as strongest character in direct combat with Malak and Exar Kun as close seconds.
>>
>>44626926
Where does Exar Kun fit into this because I have always considered him one of the most powerful Sith Lords.
>>
>>44627039
Lots of Sith Lords have pulled off that whole soul drain thing. Nihilus was just the guy who was completely consumed by it.
>>
>>44626607

>New Specs:
>Executioner
>Navigator
>Hermit

>One of the new species could be Pantoran from the preview art
>New Force Sight -ish power
>Animal Companion rules and lots of animal stats
>>
>>44627094
See >>44627070
>>
>>44627094
More like the most moe
>>
So is Corellia Space America or Space Ireland? Or a mix of both?
>>
>>44627151
Space America.
>>
>>44627020

interesting. it'd be great if FFG actually gave enough of a shit about scum to preview our new stuff.
>>
>>44627094
Exar Kun is probably one of the strongest lightsaber combatants of all time. Maybe even THE strongest lightsaber duelist.

But he severely lacked in force powers. He was able to hold his own only through ancient sith magic taught to him by freedon nadd. Also i found him quite naive and overly ambitious for his own good.
Still, he was more than fearsome with a blade in hand. He invented the double bladed lightsaber after all
>>
>>44627191
>He invented the double bladed lightsaber after all
How much invention would it really take?

You get two lightsabers and connect them end to end.
>>
>>44627165
So what's Space Ireland? Jabiim? I can see it, it is after all fought over between Nationalists and Loyalists during the Clone Wars.
>>
>>44627182
Tomorrow, anon, tomorrow. We've been getting 1 preview per week, and reportedly Wave 8 is showing up in distributor's catalogues so it should be out around the end of the month. That gives us the Mist Hunter preview this week, Punishing One next week, and a wrap-up preview the week or two after that.
>>
>>44627191
According to SAGA edition, Malak is a better duelist and Revan is about equal. Exar gets a bonus for his double-bladed style but Malak matches him with just his single-saber.

Huh, I might have to re-evaluate because Exar, Malak and Revan all have their own strengths and weaknesses that play off of each other.
>>
>>44627259

I will believe it only when I see it. They could have given us a preview weeks ago, instead we got Imperial Veterans, which is only in development instead of literally on its way to stores.

I may be a bit bitter and cranky. Just maybe.
>>
>>44627226
Never said Kun was incredibly smart. But he managed to adapt lightsaber combat forms to a new kind of weapon. That's remarkable. He probably is the strongest practitioner of jar'kai that ever existed
>>
>>44627151
Space texas in particular
>>
>>44627151
Space American is both the best and worst description of it. Its a cultural meltingpot that has its own distinct culture, its a multi-megacorp ran dictatorship which gives its people an impressive amount of rights considering the rest of the galaxy. It is one of the top shipbuilding worlds in the galaxy, known for quality and customizability, but constantly have people exclaim that they are pieces of junk.
It has its own special rules in the galactic government because it has existed so long, and yet comes off as a frontier filled with wild youthful ruffians.

Corellia is hard to explain. It gets even worse if you attempt to explain the Corellia Sector.
Their best buds the Duros are interesting in that they are a mirror. They are run by megacorps that destroyed their world, they are less culturally diverse and yet there are plenty of offshoots of them, ect. ect.
>>
>>44627268
Of the all three, revan remains the most powerful. Probably because even if the others best him in combat his force powers are enough to allow him to get the upper hand. Also he is by far the smartest of the three.

I dunno how malak and kun would fare tho. Maybe malak was the best of the two? I never actually thought about comparing them
>>
>>44627151
>>44627321
And, if you include Legends, they have access to a superweapon that's more powerful than the Sun Crusher, Galaxy Gun and Death Star combined.
>>
>>44627293
Does that mean Concord Dawn is Kansas (Dodge City) and Tatooine is Nevada?

Wait, Concord Dawn is New Zealand by accent. Damn...
>>
>>44627389
Tatooine is New Mexico.
>>
>>44627368
Only after yet again a Solo gets involved.
>>
I'm guessing Space Britain is the Empire? Or at least the core of it. The Fortress worlds and the post-Treaty Remnant Space anyway. The rest would be it's.. well.. Empire.

Hell in Legends they even have wagsphere, which is a COMPNOR-invented game that resembles cricket in nature.

>>44627389
If we're going for Galaxy = America then yes, if we're going for Galaxy = World then Bespin would probably be Saudi Arabia, Tatooine Algeria and Concord Dawn Australia.
>>
>>44627422
Why Algeria?
>>
Whow would you stat a crushgaunt in saga?
>>
>>44627422
>Concord Dawn Australia
No, MANDALORE is Australia.
Concord Dawn is NEW ZEALAND.
>>
>>44627697
He's right you know.
>>
Felicia is Space Nam
>>
>>44627697
So is coruscant space britain?
>>
>>44627815

That was the Legends fluff, that the britishism was the "Coruscanti" accent that High Human Society tried to emulate in the Empire.
>>
>>44627815
I always thought corulag was space britain
>>
>>44627404
>>44627422

Tatooine is definitely Nevada, its a wasteland that is used for mining and crime. It is populated by native peoples who either hate or rip off the immigrated populations, criminals, a group of crazy monks, and Mormons like Luke.

Its main draw are things like gambling, racing, lax laws for slavery and prostitution, dieing in the desert, being ripped off, hiding from the law, and questionable commerce.
>>
>>44627868
>Mining
>Tatooine

You can't mine shit on Tatooine.
>>
>>44627284
You're a cranky any anon! Yes you are!

I think Punishing One and Mist Runner have been held off for the last articles, because they will undoubtedly be a huge deal. Scum is getting it's first primary weapon turret, and B-Wing analogue. Even more so, they're getting some snazzy new cards, like the Cloaking Device, Traktor Cannon, Boba Fett crew, and the Dumpy-Pants-Droid (Gronk battery).

I for one am eager to see all of what the Tractors do, because you might just start seeing 17pt Scyks flying around with those damned things. And I'm looking forward to throwing a half-assed black-market cloak device on Guri.
>>
>>44627888
It's why faggots keep going there to mine every decade for over 4,000 years.
>>
>>44627678
Could have sworn one of the books had stats for them.
>>
>>44627815
>>44627847
Corulag and Imperial fortress worlds in general. Coruscant's too cosmopolitan.
>>
>>44627925
It's why every mining company that sets up on Tatooine goes bankrupt after realizing it only produced excessively shitty metals.
>>
>>44627815
Coruscant is New York.
>>
>>44627953
And yet they keep going and mining.

Thus my statement stands.
>>
So, what are the Kaminoans doing after the empire fucks them in the ass? Would it be okay to have some kaminos fucking around the galaxy? Or would Sheev go full retard and disappear them?
>>
File: 1425496998118.jpg (92KB, 400x489px) Image search: [Google]
1425496998118.jpg
92KB, 400x489px
>Party has a final showdown against Dark Jedi Hunter who's been after them since the beginning, since two out of the four players are exiles and they stole his cool sith holocron
>They defeat him and corner him as he tries to make an escape
>Instead of finishing him off, the two jedi decide to take him in to "convert" him from the dark side, the bounty hunter and the rebel engineer give in to the jedi's suggestions.
>Inquisitor accepts and is kept captive in the hunter's Firespray

Too bad they forgot that they killed his apprentice in the first session, and he hasn't.
>>
>>44628173
There's still no canon explanation for stormies replacing clones, so maybe Kaminoans are brewing some revolution
>>
>>44628207
it's also possible the cost of making clones finally got too high because the jango juice was stretched too thin
>>
>>44628173
Sheev doesn't disappear people. Sheev makes them suffer in the most amazing way possible.

You can bet that the planet of Kamino and its people still exist, and fully wish they did not.

Speculation aside, Kaminoan women are qts and I usually include at least one in anything.
>>
>>44628238
>Kaminoan women are qts and I usually include at least one in anything.
It's basically the reason I'm asking. I want to have a kaminoan QT 3.14 NPC, but don't like stretching canon too thin.
>>
>>44627151
Space ScotIreMerica.

>Muh freedom
>Muh whisky
>Muh starships
>Muh color green
>Wedge being played by a Scot
>Han being Spess American
>Baron Fel occasionally looking like a certain Samoan wrestler
>>
How many episodes of the Clone Wars feature Anakin and Ahsoka together?
>>
>>44628282
On season 3 right now, Ahsoka is surprisingly scarce in this show.
>>
>>44628265
Do you smell what the Baron is baking?
>>
>>44628308

Hmm, I just need to see how she and Anakin interact with each other, but I guess I'll just end up downloading the whole damn thing and watching through online guides for when she appears.
>>
>>44628173

They might be biologists or doctors running around doing whatever. Once their cloning facilities get shut down, they do kind of lack for industry. They might go the way of the Selkath with the decline of kolto. Still, they do have specialized medicine and biology training, plus some psychology and assorted other specializations for whatever clones would need.

They seem pretty clinical and in some cases very cold, though diplomatic and polite, very scientifically minded. I suppose they could be researchers of damn near any stripe with a specialization in medicine and biology to help out with a party. While they might have lost the ability to clone whole, living humans with extensive combat training, I'm sure they could clone up some replacement tissue for anyone in need, given the materials.
>>
>>44628261
>don't like stretching canon too thin.
>My Corellia had a coup by Garm bel Iblis and is now space Cuba.
>The New Republic stalled out after taking Coruscant and fell into infighting and politics
>Imperial Remnants are fighting a civil war between Thrawn and the Hardliners, who get to have Mofferences.
>Ssi'ruuk managed to gain a foothold, Bakura is now Space Poland
>The Vong will actually be the Sith returning if we make it that far.
>The Empire actually uses Howlrunners
I admit, its me, Howlfag

I like you, but I don't see us agreeing on much beyond our love of best alien girls and best ship.
>>
http://www.starwars.com/news/meet-fn-2199-a-k-a-tr-8r-the-stormtrooper-behind-the-meme/?cmp=smc|325113840&linkId=20173367

"So there you have it — the stormtrooper behind the meme. Let’s hope we haven’t seen the last of Nines. Or TR-8R. Who wouldn’t want to see round two…and all the memes it could inspire?"
>>
>>44628346
Most Ahsoka/Anakin episodes so far go down like this:
>Anakin tells Ahsoka to do something
>Ahsoka screws up
>Anakin says he believes in her
>Ahsoka does thing without screwing up
>Repeat
Otherwise, Ahsoka is around someone other than Anakin being a turbobitch and complaining about everything while screwing everything up.
>>
I'm kind of annoyed that the nightsisters were wiped out completely with ventress' death it sucks to see non-jedi/sith force/magic traditions get killed.
>>
File: Female_Devaronian_SWG_by_Barger.jpg (153KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Female_Devaronian_SWG_by_Barger.jpg
153KB, 900x900px
>collecting images of every Star Wars species
>try, if possible, to find the both male and female of the species, to see if they differ from each other
>time to look up Devaronians
>find this

What?
>>
>>44628393
She is better once she gets a wardrobe upgrade.
>>
>>44625644
So I just got IA, and I want to know what's it generally best to spend influence on as the Imperial player
One Use cards, 1/mission cards, Side Missions or Forced Missions?

Side missions seem good to me since it means the heroes lose a chance to get some unique loot.
>>
>>44628384
DON'T TEASE ME
>>
>>44628330
He's baking a Rhyscate. His and Syal's anniversary is tomorrow, after all.
>>
File: Asajj_Ventress_Kindred_Spirits.png (866KB, 828x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Asajj_Ventress_Kindred_Spirits.png
866KB, 828x1104px
>>44628399

I'm kind of annoyed they retconned the ending that Ventress got in Legends. She was way better there.

I'll admit though that this new design gives me a boner. I have love-hate relationship with these kinds of haircuts and look at those lips of hers.
>>
>>44628364
It's mostly for this particular point in this particular game. I'm cool with crazy shit happening, this game will probably feature some crazy shit of it's own once the players get to my canon breaking surprise. But, it can't be a surprise if they are already expecting deviations from the very beginning.
>>
>>44628413
She is wonderful. Is it the fur? Its ok, they are hot red chicks with black spots when you shave them.
>>
File: Jeisel.jpg (320KB, 510x673px) Image search: [Google]
Jeisel.jpg
320KB, 510x673px
>>44628456

>Its ok, they are hot red chicks with black spots when you shave them.

Yeah, I think I'll go with that.
>>
>>44628444
>retconned

Its not a retcon, its two different universes. One you get to have Asajj Ventress alive and finding peace, in the other she is dead.
>>
>>44628413
Its true.
Where male devaronians are horrible man devils, females are adorable catgirls
>>
>>44628384
>redhead

Ha!
>>
>>44628413
Its true.
Where male devaronians are horrible man devils, females are adorable catgirls
>>
>>44628482
Look at her ear, see the fur she failed to shave?
>>
>author who writes lots of porn that sometimes has premises that I'm uncomfortable with starts a story about TFA
>posits the last third of the movie as a fantasy that Rey has while doing the mental tango with Kylo
>he gets what he wants and decides to keep her as a slave

I..... I am actually really uncomfortable with this and I like some pretty heinous shit. Including one where Wrex forces Tali to clean his feet and cock with her tongue

Like super duper uncomfortable even with all I've seen, I don't know why.
>>
>>44628228
This was a problem in the Clone Wars itself.
They eventually needed a new donor, and wanted Kenobi to be it.
>>
>>44628426
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/FN-2199

Here you go.
>>
Is Rey a Mary Sue?
>>
>>44628533

Are you even bother going to name the author or are you just going to be a cocktease?
>>
>>44628496
>tfw a ginger cooler than Dash and way cooler than Hux is nuCanon

TODAY WILL BE REMEMBERED AS THE LAST DAY OF PEOPLE WITH NORMAL HAIR AND THEIR PRECIOUS MELANIN
>>
>>44628484
>killing her in a fucking book instead of having her in Rebels

Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>44628533
Ha! I read that Mass Effect one.

Did you read the one about Wrex fucking Ashley because her scent after working out is irresistible?
>>
>>44628384

Looks like there's two. David Acord for "TRAITOR!" and Liang Yang for sick spins.
>>
>>44628563
You wanna read it, fine. And on your own head so be it. I just feel uncomfortable about it.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11709617/1/Rey-s-Victory
>>44628582
Yes
>>
>>44628535
Was Satine disguising herself as a Kaminoan behind that particular suggestion?
>>
>>44627911

Given scum has easily the weakest ships in the game right now, I think FFG has earned my crankiness!

I am looking forward to the Jumpmaster / Punishing One though. My early thoughts on Mist Hunter is that it's another garbage scum ship. Zuckuss or 4-Lom's crew cards may change that, but the ship itself is kind meh. B-Wings are decent because Barrel Roll is such a great action. Evade is a far, far weaker action that you generally only see on a PTL ship that already Focused and can't Barrel Roll or Boost to get out of arcs entirely.

Tractor Beams are going to be shit though, at least for scum. They're weak for two reasons:

1. You have to give up your normal (damaging) attack for a Tractor shot that doesn't even do 1 damage ala Ion or Flechette cannons.

2. The tokens are removed at the end of the round.

Because of 2, you have to make sure that your Tractor Beam ships go before or on the same PS as your other ships. Any ship that goes before the TB ship isn't going to get the bonus. So your 17 pt. PS1 Scyk means your entire force has to be PS1 for the TB to be useful.

So you want the TB on a ship with PS higher than the majority of your fleet. But you have to have a cannon slot to equip it, so for scum you basically have 4 options:

1. Bro bots. Why would you give up a 3RD attack to fire a tractor beam?

2. YV-666. Why would you give up a 3RD attack to fire a tractor beam?

3. Firespray. Why would you give up a... you get the point.

4. Scyk. Specifically, if you want an ace like Talonbane to get the benefit, you're looking at Serissu. 23 points with 2H/1S and doing no damage with nearly 1/4 of your squad points. No thanks. I guess if you don't mind your fleet being PS6 or less, you could save 2 points and go with Laetin A'shera. Good luck catching any aces with your TB though.

I mean, it's only 1 point so you might see it plunked down on a Firespray to use at R3, but even then I doubt it.
>>
>>44628535
I figure they didn't go through with it, else his irresistible Obi charm would've had the troops spending way more time fucking all the girls than fighting the war.
>>
>>44628533

Perhaps because it's a complete bastardization of character behavior as we've seen and grown accustomed to? Not to mention that it shits all over the feelings of certain settings. Also that kind of domination is rather heartless, especially so for characters we tend to like to some degree. And last, but not least, it's generally just a shitty ending to everything.
>>
Why did they use humans for the Clone Army instead of something tougher, like Zabrak? Just cause Fett is super skilled, doesn't mean all the Clones will be.
>>
>>44628652
>War is ended by making "Good Friends" with everyone

Now that's a strategy I can get behind
>>
Someone feed me a good potential Ghost/Phantom list, because right now I'm lost (and I'm kinda new)

Hera Syndulla/VCX-100 (40) + Ghost (0) + Chopper (0) + Nien Nunb (1) + Advanced Sensors (3) + Engine Upgrade (4)

Sabine Wren/Attack Shuttle (21) + Phantom (0) + Push The Limit (3) + Kyle Katarn (3) + Targeting Computer (2)

That's 77 points but neither ship has a turret yet, and I'm not sure which one I want.

Strategy is for Hera to be able to arc dodge, using Chopper for emergencies, as best as a PS7 can (Nien Nunb gives her more flexibility for this). Advanced Sensor gives her a little more discretion too. Large ship = Engine Upgrade. A Dorsal Turret maybe, since with the shuttle docked she can attack twice? Up to 8 dice would be nifty if they're in arc at range 1. I don't see any viable way to make the Ghost tanky so I think it needs to arc-dodge and shit damage.

Shuttle is a take on the PTL/BB-8 Poe build that I run in most lists, Sabine gets to boost or barrel roll, PTL for an action + stress + Kyle Katarn token, then green maneuver to clear stress, then do an action from her bar (which now has Target Lock)

Still no idea which turret to fit on the shuttle. Worried that if I go TLT I won't be able to fit anything else into the list. Annoyed that Ghost pilots don't have Elite upgrades and so they can't even fucking equip the Elite that comes in the box (are you serious, this ship with Predator?)
>>
>>44628722
>Diplomacy features the clones lying their asses off and passing it off as from a certain point of view
>>
What Legends stuff featuring Obi-Wan Ben Larry Kenobi would y'all recommend?
>>
>>44628715
That was the whole point. To have an army of jango fetts. Apparently, skill is genetic in the star wars universe, probably carried in the skillichlorians in the bloodstream.
>>
>>44625865
Kath Scarlet
Opportunist
Greedo

Palob Godalhi
Blaster Turret
Opportunist
Moldy Crow

Black Sun Soldier Z-95 x2

Zs block and harass, Palob denies token gen to aces like Poe or Soontir, Kath in rear arc can roll as many as six red dice. You poop on 'em with Kath and steal tokens with Palob to fuel the turret.
>>
>>44628554
She got too many power in so little time, heck Lucke in the First movie only did the one in a million shot with the x-wing but he was an experienced pilot at least, Rey defeated a trained jedi and sith in practice, and said guy dud kill all the other training Jedis, mind controlled a dude without any training in it, learned to pilot a pimped out space ship in seconds even when she was a scavenger than barely got enough to eat before etc.
>>
>>44628651

2/2

The only ship that really makes good use of the Tractor Beam is the TIE Defender with the new title. You get to fire the Tractor Beam BEFORE you fire your primary weapon (basically a superior IG-88B ability as a free title), so you always set up your own primary attack AND every ship that comes after you. Which is basically all of them if you use Rexler Brath.

I realize the Mist Hunter title gets the barrel roll action added to its action bar, but that's unique so you won't see fleets with more than 1 G-1A like you do with Bs. I admit, I'm curious what the other cards are though. Elec something and Adap something or other x2.

Punishing one I'm psyched for though. I assume the Gonk droid adds shields (since the Jumpmaster comes with more shield tokens than the ship actually has), but who knows what the other things in the do, including the new EPT.
>>
>>44628554
Is Mary a Rey Sue?
>>
>>44628828
I read some books about his Padawan times lots of years ago, for juvenile style books weren't that bad.
>>
>>44628679
Yeah, the 'it was all a dream' ending is always angering.

But I dunno, there's just some things this author writes that sit poorly with me. This author also wrote a porn AU where there are almost no male superheroes except like Wolverine because reasons?

Captain America is Peggy, Iron Man is Pepper except she's relegated to being 'Rescue', Spider-Man is Mary Jane except SHE is known as 'Jackpot' for some ungodly reason.
For fuck's sake, even THOR doesn't get to be Thor and instead it's Jane Foster.

And I read that WHOLE story (which centers on a Peter who never got a backbone) and I HATED IT. Because you know what, if you're GOING to make all the superheroes be ladies (and have them be horny because they're superheroes, this is smut after all) at least do them the courtesy of allowing them to be top dogs in the naming department, yeah?
Plus the supers having a weird semi-private sex club when they're practically fucking each other and villains on the streets is odd
>>
>>44628874

Is Sue a Mary Rey?
>>
>>44628828
Would you like to buy some drugs, Larry?
>>
>>44628756
I would run the shuttle as cheap as it can get and instead play it docked all game. Also with the shuttle docked you can do the range 1 donut of doom: Ghost+Accuracy Corrector+Autoblaster Turret and docked Phantom means 2 attacks that get 2 automatic and uncancellable hits at everything that gets into range 1 of the VCX and with Hera and Intelligent Agent it gets piss easy to read the opponent's maneuvers, change accordingly if needed and get into range 1.
>>
>>44628839
Anon, it runs on Metal Gear logic.
Imagine a whole ARMY of Solid Snakes.
>>
>>44628961
Let me tell you, that Sabine build is all kinds of rape.

Think I prefer Chopper+Zeb+ABT+AccCorr Ghost, though.
>>
>>44628444
>>44628484
>>44628581
AND I hear that they re-Ostrandered Voss to do it.
>>
File: 1450697217794.gif (1MB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1450697217794.gif
1MB, 260x146px
>hardest part of this thread is the damn catch-up

Is Shipfag here?
>>
hay guys want to get into z wing any advice for starting empire?
>>
>>44628581
To be fair it was meant to be an arc in TCW, but Disney pulled the plug on the show.
>>
>>44628853
According to one of my friends who is deep into Star Wars, the space ship and defeating Ren are explainable.

For piloting the space ship, she apparently built a simulator in the AT-ST she lives in.

For Ren, he's apparently at sub-padawan level of training. The reason his lightsaber isn't solid is that he fucked up while making it.
>>
>>44625906
W-what is this from? I don't remember those ships from any game.
>>
>>44628581
>Having Ahsoka in TCW
>not having Ventress instead
Absolutely unforgivable.
>>
I like the StarViper. What builds would be centered around the StarViper?
>>
>>44628998
I don't know, that low PS doesn't seems appealing to me, and putting lots of upgrades on a cheap fragile ship just doesn't seem right. Also the doom donut is a death sentence for every soontir/whisper/a-wing and everything with 4 or less health that gets into range 1
>>
>>44629087

That's art in Suns of Fortune, EotE
>>
>>44629080
defeating ren was never an issue if you paid attention. She beats a bunch of dudes on her own before profiling finn as being a nigger who steals shit. And Ren had a bowcaster wound. And a fought finn wound.

Knowing the falcon was also never an issue for people who watched the movie and heard her talk about how he had helped the faggot who owned it fix it.

The being an expert pilot is still bullshit, as nothing in the movie points to it.
>>
>>44629062
Buy two Imperial Aces, two Firesprays, one Interceptor, and two Starvipers.
Soontir Fel, Royal Guard TIE, Push the Limit, Autothrusters, Stealth Device
Carnor Jax, Royal Guard TIE, Push the Limit, Autothrusters, Stealth Device
Royal Guard Pilot, Royal Guard TIE, Push the Limit, Autothrusters, Stealth Device
99 points total.
>>
>>44628384
huh. so nines was the second most likely to not commit atrocities in their squad. He refused to fire on civilians until the other members of his squad opened up. Think there's a disillusionment/secret good guy story arc in there?
>>
>>44629131
But low-PS plus large base makes a nasty blocker. Then you have Zeb crew giving you a pair of ABT shots as long as the shuttle is docked.

If you EVER bump Soontir and have him in arc for the bump, he's dead.
>>
File: Star_Knight.jpg (42KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
Star_Knight.jpg
42KB, 500x380px
>>44629062
>z-wing
Is that the malaysian knock off of x-wing?
>>
>>44629229
>Not playing Srar Walls Z-Wing from Phantasy Phlite
>>
File: JediCruiser-TG.png (541KB, 1185x475px) Image search: [Google]
JediCruiser-TG.png
541KB, 1185x475px
Opinions

Does this look like a freighter\transport re-purposed into a Jedi Training ship?

Or is it specifically factory designed to be a Jedi Training ship, made for the Jedi Order by CEC?

Looking at it, it looks like an early model YZ series - considering its long, flat, and has a martial frigate appearance - something that if upgunned, could be a military vessel with a little work
>>
>>44629477
>soviet block Coruscant
The ship is cool. It is also the only way out of that hell.
>>
>>44629125
For generics... Meh... They're kind of expensive for what you get out of them. Think of them as a B-Wing generic for 3 more points, with boost, -1 PS, 3 less health, 2 more agiity dice, and a bleached asshole (dial). Except there's not much room for upgrades on them, and giving them Autothrusters means you can't run 4 in a list.

The named Starviper aces are a different story. They're good, but they don't fit into any preconceived notions of "arc-dodger" or "jouster". They sit in this weird limbo space in-between, and don't like to play well together due to beinf unable to share the Virago title. Guri is a funky PS 5 knife-fighter who excels at being in the thick of things. She likes Predator, Crackshot, Outmaneuver, Advanced Sensors, Sensor Jammers, Inertial Dampners, and long walks on the beach.

Xizor is a lightning bolt thrown from an angry god, making long attack runs through the enemy fleet with a trail of cannon-fodder. He likes Fire Control Systems, Veteran Instincts, Predator, Glitterstim, Lone Wolf, and expendable wingmen.
>>
>>44629039
Ostrandered?
>>
>>44628393
>Otherwise, Ahsoka is around someone other than Anakin being a turbobitch and complaining about everything while screwing everything up.
But the Jedi are wrong about almost everything, it just takes the whole show to reveal it.

I'm right near the end of the final season and the childlike excitement I had in season 1 is long gone. Now I'm grimly sticking it out, hoping the war ends soon. Sheev has shifted to maximum overtroll and everyone's getting the shit end of the stick.
>>
>>44629477
The Crucible was based on the Rendili corvette from memory
>>
>>44625644
>Princess Leia, I'm Vader
>>
>>44629080

>she apparently built a simulator in the AT-ST she lives in

First off, it's an AT-AT she lives in. There, that satisfies my autism.

Second, she's literally a Star Wars geek in-universe. She made her own pilot dolls, she built a flight simulator, and she even has an authentic pilot's helmet she wears sometimes. Of course, when you're stuck in a fucking desert wasteland with a bunch of assholes and a bunch of relics of a grander past scattered around everywhere, it makes sense that she'd choose to be interested in the grander past than the present shithole.
>>
>>44629677
>Rendili corvette

You mean this? Yeah I read that too.

However, it has all the hallmarks of a Corellian ship, not a modern Rendilli one

I'm actually going to chose to refluff it somewhat for my games. Considering what it looks like to me, I'm going to say its what it looks like - an old model Y Series Transport

Test name: YG-550 Medium Transport
>>
File: 1448645573495.jpg (411KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1448645573495.jpg
411KB, 1920x1080px
>>44629752
You are strong in the size, young Masketta.
But you are not a Big Guy yet.
>>
>>44628582
link. Now.
>>
File: readnigga.jpg (76KB, 491x565px) Image search: [Google]
readnigga.jpg
76KB, 491x565px
>>>/co/8768263
>>
>>44629837
fucked that one up
>>>/co/78768263
>>
>>44629664
So far, the ahsoka with another jedi episodes end with the jedi proving they were right by solving the problem their way while ahsoka's caffeinated retard method failed or is shown to have failed if it were to be carried out.
>>
File: ventress-1024x425.jpg (69KB, 1024x425px) Image search: [Google]
ventress-1024x425.jpg
69KB, 1024x425px
>>44628581
>>44629107
So I know very little about TCW but what's stopping Ventress from showing up in a Rebels episode as >>44628444 pic?
She'd likely be on bad terms with the empire and their inquisitors, would hate Sheev and the republic that turned into the empire, could be a great anti-hero character.

Have her be a contact that a desperate Fulcrum reaches out to. Or have some of the Ghost crew rush to the aide of someone they barely know who's being hunted by, and killing, inquisitors. Only to find out that she's a powerful dark side user when the Knaan and Ezra come back on board the phantom to notice that the ghost has a serious disturbance in the force. Maybe Ezra could help her find a different path.
>>
File: yub yub commander.jpg (163KB, 720x640px) Image search: [Google]
yub yub commander.jpg
163KB, 720x640px
>>44629754
>made her own pilot dolls
I'll take back every bad thing I ever said about TFA if she beans Denis Lawson in the face with an Ewok plushie in VIII or IX.
>>
>>44629913
>what's stopping Ventress from showing up in a Rebels
Being dead in new canon. And disney insists that everything must stick to new canon, as there are no longer tiers.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>44626785

The emperor might of kept an Anakin Clone hidden before shutting down Geonisis. The emperor knew that all the Jedi would be wiped out so why not keep one on reserve just in case Darth Vader breaks down? It would be much easier to keep one on hand of someone he knew well (most powerful Jedi ever too) therefore much easier to control, than training some stranger from start. The clone would also think of Palpatine as a father, which is a bonus.
>>
The thing about ahsoka is that she's EXACTLY what a padiwan of anakin's SHOULD be like, and the show does a great job of showing it but a equally poor job of telling us that
>>
Hey guys,

How's Armada faring as a system? I'm still sufferring from the loss of BFG and Firestorm's lack of support so I had a lot of hope riding on Armada.

That said, I just went to my FLGS and they had STACKS AND STACKS of armada shit, while the X-wing stuff had been sold out for weeks.

Is it just another DED GAEM that I'll wind up dropping 300$ on, or is there a real community that still plays it?
>>
>>44629982
>V has come to....
>>
>>44629984
Anakin becomes more right the longer the war goes on, but his uncompromising methods also signify the moral decline of the Jedi.
>>
>>44629932
>>44629932

>minor star wars script writer who loves allston
>suggests a small script addition with a gag about an ewok pilot doll
>Kasdan thinks its stupid, refuses to add it in
>JJ actually thinks its cool
>gets added in as a scene
>ends up on the cutting room floor anyway
>no one cares enough to mention it
>if a tree falls in the woods, and no ones around, did it actually happen?
>>
>>44629991

Armada seems to be picking up steam with regular waves, riding off X-Wing's success as a gateway drug and cheap entry cost, though Armada suffers from a high entry cost of its own.

But you're STILL reeling from BFG's death after its years of decline and lack of support?

Anyway, Armada looks neat, has some great sculpts, is prepainted, and lets you field fleets of neat ships and squadrons of your favorite starfighters. It'll probably be around for a while.
>>
>>44630003

The Onderon Arc is an interesting contradiction in itself

It's both a Jedi moral take on the future Rebellion, as well as being a political commentary on cold war proxy wars.

It's also an exact reference to the Soviet war in Afghanistan, with the droids being the Soviets in this case
>>
>Clones and jedi dude sacrifice themselves to cover twi'lek retreat
>twi'leks are mad that they aren't winning
What a bunch of ungrateful fucks. I hope the separatists murder them all.
>>
>>44630045
Son, I sank like Tons of money into 40k - I think I have 40,000 points of Chaos, 20,000 of Imp Navy, nearly a whole SM chapter, tons of Scratch-built Ork stuff....

Man, I love the living shit out of naval games, and that's why I was so gun-shy about this one.

Also:
>GW 'support' for rules
>Not playing it with the living rulebook that rebalances everything so that Crons can't just win immediately
>Not playing scenarios that can rework or ignore GW shenanigans
>>
>>44630193

From what I've heard, though, Armada is pretty great, good and balanced between rebels and their strong fighters and numerous weaker capital ships and Imperials with their trash fighters and immensely powers capitals.

Though from what you're saying, it sounds like you have enough to just up and run your own BFG Lives League instead of jumping ship to Armada well, "Lives" only if that almost whole SM chapter is Salamanders.
>>
>>44630178
The whole show is just clones and Jedi dying for the Republic, with the added irony that all that death and suffering was planned all along.
>>
>>44630240
I absolutely have enough material to run BFG, but, it's considered the Grognards Grognardy here. At least Armada has star Wars involved, and that can attract humans that will play the games with you.

That said, how are the new Imperial Raiders - the mini-Star-Destroyers? They're adorable!
>>
>>44629827
Go to the ME Kinkmeme Archive. Change the tags to "Wrex" and "Ashley"
>>
>>44630193
Different Anon here, bit I'm all too familiar with the clusterfuck that was BFG. Even with the living rulebook back before Specialist Games was fired, BFG was never balanced. There were many reasons for that beyond Necrons, but most of it was because all the other fleets were "balanced" solely around fighting against Chaos/Imperial. Which was why Chaos/Imperium had the more capital ships than the other fleets combined, Eldar/Deldar were stupid good, Necrons broken, and Orks/Nids damned near unplayable.

Star Wars Armada is pretty solid. As other anon said, it's gathering steam, and only recently released it's first wave. Of particular note in the latest wave, were the Mon Calamari capital ships (includinf Home One), and the Imperial Class Star Destroyer.

Another option for fleet-based games, is Firestorm Armada. Great game, balanced well with the new rules, and (most) ships are cool looking. The only problem is it's advised to get into it with friends, as it's not a widely played system.
>>
>>44630338
Yeah, I love the living hell out of Firestorm, but, that drummed up approximately 0% Interest.

Can we use old Clone-Wars era ships in Armada? I think it' be kind of cool so see Venators try to go toe-to-toe with modern Imp SDs.
>>
>>44630280

In know in XWM they're pretty good. Not idea about Armada.

Apparently, the Raider is an FFG original model approved by the Big D because they wanted the Empire to have their own Corvette-sized ship, without just giving them Corellian Corvettes. If it serves the Corvette role like the Rebel's, it probably serves as cannon-fodder for larger ships, while providing some fighter-screening for your heavy hitters. For Imperials, this would do well to keep Y-Wing and B-Wing squadrons off your big ships, along with some interceptor or fighter squadrons to tie them up.
>>
>>44630409
>Raider
You must mean THE TIE DESTROYER
>>
>>44629991

I've recently gotten into armada and so far iv'e got no problems with it. The mechanics make it feel 'star wars-y' but also make it so the decisions you make as fleet commander matter and you can post-mortem a game and see places where if you or the other player had done something different there could have been a whole different outcome.

I've so far interested three of my 'normie' friends into getting into it. they've bought fleets and we play regularly.

That said my FLGS stocks it but so far doesn't have armada nights at the store while they do have x-wing nights.

As for the future of the game, and support from FFG, its been around for about a year and a half and gotten two waves of releases with a third planed for sometime early this year. that said they have already released most of the cannon ships, so I'm not sure what else might be coming down the pike for the game.
>>
>>44630409
In Armada, the Raider is more anti-fighter than the CR90. Has quite a lot of black dice for a ship that size, so it can even punch capital ships if you can get it close enough.
>>
Armada sounds good, are the rules free? I find the minis a bit over priced for what they are but well I love fleet combat.
Also any good database for Star Wars ships? Expanded Universe ones than aren't copies of Imperial Star destroyers prefered.
Also whats the best games out there for SP SW space combat? Or light saber?
>>
>>44630409
I must ask an off-topic question, anon. What does 'screening' mean in this context? I've seen it all over the damn place and can never find a definition.

Perhaps my Google-fu is weak.
>>
>>44630389
No Clone Wars era ships, yet. At least for Armada.
>>
>>44628554
yes
Those who say Luke was one are just meming faggots
>>
>>44630513

In this context, it means setting up a defensive barrier against fighters. Like >>44630486 says. Even if you don't shoot down a lot of fighters, you've put a deterrent in place to try and keep them out.

Wikipedia has a link for it under the "Screening" disambiguation page, but it's a red link. A good basic definition at least:
>Screening (tactical), one military unit providing cover for another in terms of both physical presence and firepower.
>>
>>44630513
In naval warfare, a screening vessel protected the larger vessels by protecting it from torpedo boats, mines, and submarines.

In star wars warfare, a screening vessel holds off the swarms of fighters that are trying to murder the larger ships with torpedoes, one could also assume they do picket and mine clearing duty.
>>
>>44630495
The rules are free and can be DL'd from FF's website. Fair warning, they're very typical of first edition FF rules. Somewhat obtuse and hard to mentally translate without playing.

The mini's really aren't that overpriced. Get them from Amazon or something similar and a full set of everything so far will probably run you under $250, maybe even under $200. Practically chump change compared to most any other miniatures game.

Personally, I love Armada. It's a much more strategic game than X-wing and it's cool to see your decisions pan out 2 or 3 turns down the line.
>>
>>44630590
Ah, thank you kind anon.
>>
File: star-wars-tie-fighter.jpg (590KB, 1280x933px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-tie-fighter.jpg
590KB, 1280x933px
>>44630640
a-and you. The post didn't show until I hit posted.
>>
>>44630681
You gave me a very nice present with that image for forgetting me, thank you.
>>
>>44630513
screening is a military term that mean basically "do something to block the enemy from that important thing"

For instance putting out a rear guard during a retreat is a form of screening as the rear guard 'screens' the main body from attack or in naval terms cruisers and destroyers 'screen' or protect an aircraft carrier with their anti-aircraft fire.
>>
File: AAT.jpg (337KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
AAT.jpg
337KB, 1280x960px
Am I crazy or are the no statblocks on the Trade Federation AATs anywhere in the FFG books?

Ive gone through the three main books and all the splats I got but I cant find it anywhere.

Does anybody have this shit statted?
>>
>George's pantoran self insert just murdering thugs left and right
10/10, da bes.
>>
>>44630826
Nah not statted, I used to have them tucked away somewhere but seems those notes got chucked out.
Basically, similar to the ATST, but with different guns and a little faster
>>
>>44626500
>How come people around here say saga is shit?
Because d20 is shit.

Well, not really, it got me into the hobby. It's certainly not the worst system out there. But anymore I balk at playing d20 games. The emphasis on circumstantial modifiers and niche rules for every possibility just gives me a headache.
>>
>>44630826

FFG is very intentionally trying to limit the amount of Clone Wars stuff in its game lines.

You might find some stats for battle droids, and a few ships - but thats it

However, we still have like 3 splats left for EotE, and at least 5 for AoR (if not more), and 6 for F&D - so it might be coming.

...assuming FFG hasn't run out of steam to move on to something else
>>
File: 017_updates.png (3MB, 1487x1266px) Image search: [Google]
017_updates.png
3MB, 1487x1266px
Prequel extension 0.1.7:

>https://mega.nz/#!UAskTIKY!kskrsnE7TdUch9Tbn4aw2d3hQcon0lZYPZ-sdNuYmc0

>added LAAT/i, HMP Droid (4 pilots each)
>added EMP Missiles
>added Composite Beam Turret
>completely changed Plo Koon's ability (should be not-shit now)
>Aayla Secura now has the proper card
>Xanadu Blood title now has an image (note that Havoc, Scimitar, and Slave I titles are not finished, so they don't)
>probably some other fixes that I forgot
>>
>>44630911
Plo's.
Bros.
When?
>>
>>44629982
But why would the clone have the same scars? Also clones of Force sensitive individuals aren't necessarily Force sensitive themselves in Legends at least, though we do see the second Starkiller clone lend precedence to the idea that Force-sensitive cloning was perfected at some point.
>>
>>44630902
>...assuming FFG hasn't run out of steam to move on to something else
I think they've more or less got a licence to print money with that contract considering how hot the SW hype is at the moment
>>
>>44630911
Unf, time to get list building.
>>
>>44630949
Technically you can already fly 104th Battalion Pilots

As for the title, idk when. I've only got the ships built, I haven't figure out upgrade sets completely (had to do CBT so Fordo would be usable).

Going to have Lucky Lekku, Muunilinst 10, and Plo's Bros.

Current mockup idea is to have it not be unique, and something like "You may remove shield tokens from other friendly ships with this title as if they were your own."
>>
>>44630902
intentionally limiting clone wars stuff? why?
>>
File: 1446633966656.png (660KB, 698x840px) Image search: [Google]
1446633966656.png
660KB, 698x840px
>>44630989

FFG's track record is to spread themselves so thin, they can't finish what they start.

The 40k rpg cores are a good example.
>DH had a ton of books
>RT had a ton of books
>DW had a few
>BC had 4
>OW had 2

Theyre doing, what, 3 rpg games lines for star wars, and and three tabletop games? I don't expect them to deliver on everything.

>>44631064
They want to stick with the OT exclusively
>>
>>44630911
why rex? he's not a pilot
>>
>>44628867
Not the guy who you were responding to earlier, but I really hope you're right. Scum is basically Y-wings, Torkil Mux, Brobots, and nothing else right now. Tractor Beam could be cool but only if you use it just right, which might be good on a VI Zuckuss? Maybe? I really want the Mist Hunter to be a good B-WIng equivalent because Scum just doesn't have anything like that right now.
>>
>>44631081
teeeeeeechnically all clones are pilots, I think.

There are probably other choices, but I literally worked this thing up in under 48 hours, the "what have I done" hasn't set in yet.
>>
>>44630911
>2 hull
>0 shields

EVERY TURN IS AN EVADE TURN!!!
>>
>>44631114
not really? like in the umbara arc the clones are like "but we're not pilots" when they're planning the take out the supply ship thing.
>>
File: cc.jpg (46KB, 634x471px) Image search: [Google]
cc.jpg
46KB, 634x471px
>>44631076
Mind you, if someone asked me to write 40k books for years on end I reckon I'd be looking at antidepressants and therapy by the 2yr mark.
Its not a happy place!
The OW and BC systems where quite good though, did enjoy them, but after a while you get burnt out by the negativity of the setting
>>
>>44631129

>>44631148
Haven't gotten that far into TCW I guess. I was kind of waffling on making Fordo the 7 (or maybe 8 since ARC?) yesterday, might swap Rex out if that happens.

Both of these are basically medium expansions, so 9-10 upgrade cards, can probably have Rex as crew anyway.

(Gunner and RecSpec already have clone art).

>>44631129
AGI4, also all the pilots are named+EPT.

THE glass cannon if you put HLC on it.
>>
File: Sabine_prank_graffiti.png (2MB, 1362x1262px) Image search: [Google]
Sabine_prank_graffiti.png
2MB, 1362x1262px
>>44631150

OW never even got Valkyrie stats.

FFG gave up writing books for it - either because they ran out of steam and switched to something else, or the product itself ran out of steam and they switched to something more profitable

All I really want from FFG star wars related is a Bounty Hunter splat that introduces some mando stuff - an AoR Commando splat that introduces good stats for the DC-15A and A280\295 - and a F&D Mystic splat that adds a Spec that isn't a stuffy intellectual or philosopher
>>
>>44631201
Don't take it the wrong way I love that the Jedi starfighters are just balls to the walls "Oh don't worry, I WILL outmanoeuvre you with or without by bullshit ability.", just got that turret fear you know?
>>
>>44631280
Currently only the Scurrg and LAAT/i have turrets, and the LAAT/i has a Range 1 bubble until more than one turret card exists.
>>
>>44631296
Oh I see they're not intended to share a tabletop with Imps and Rebs?
>>
>>44631219
Not that they ever talk about it much, but you'd expect they should have increased their employee base for more volume, I know they get some contract writers in that used to work on the WEG-Saga era material.

Sort of sad OW never got the love, it was actually one of the better systems they ever developed, I just got fed up with the setting and it was making the 'edgy young adult' players in the group even 'edgier' after each game doing all manner of annoying turbofaggotry, so I hopped on the star wars system. Which, to its credit actually makes players do a bit of work in terms of the running of the game so no complaints there, also way less prep downtime for me in between adventures.
>>
>>44631280
>>44631296
Also, turrets and aux/out of arc arcs roll 1 less die (actually I should probably bump CBT up 1 die, I'd forgotten about that)
>>
>>44631319
Exactly. Too much work to balance them against existing ships AND themselves, and it really isn't thematic.

plus I got to laugh at the "Imps should have black Etas and V-Wings" retards for a bit
>>
File: 1444448695133.jpg (775KB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1444448695133.jpg
775KB, 1600x1063px
>>44631322

FFG Star Wars is great

I'm curious to see what FFG does with L5R - been playing that game sense 1st Edition, and I wonder if FFG is going to make it hyper-lethal like it is\was or go with a more narrative driven "special dice" system
>>
>>44631362
So are you taking all the upgrade cards over or just the ones that fit the environment?

Sorry if I'm just asking things that are in an FAQ somewhere.
>>
>>44631367
Damn I want some FFG L5R right now. I wanted to get into L5R before but there was just to much stuff out and with FFG Star Wars I got in at the start. Though I doubt I will ever find a group for L5R.
>>
>>44631409
(there really isn't a FAQ, that would involve effort)

Basically I'm keeping a lot of "generic" upgrade cards (EPTs, crew, etc) where they make sense (Autothrusters doesn't exist, for example, because the out-of-arc-rule already nerfs turrets), and making up other upgrades that fit the timeframe.

I've actually been thinking about going the other way with the arc rule, adding an evade die instead of removing an attack die.
>>
>>44631367
>>44631423
No one in the group is interested in oriental adventures type of stuff so I've never really looked at it.
We tried it in the past with different systems and it quickly degenerated into something fairly... "wrong" after about the 2nd game. I sort of wanted to try running Anima for a while, but it looked like it was written by inbred cretins and largely fucking awful.
>>
>>44631423
>>44631461
Closest thing to an inventory currently is:
>http://tripperary.blogspot.ca/2015/12/x-wing-standalone-prequel-extension.html
which hasn't been updated for this latest patch, and tends to be out of date since I work directly on the VASSAL extension more often than not. It's a decent picture of what's /missing/, though, since I'm trying to structure it with expansion packs and limited card overlap (I don't have to pack multiples per-expansion, and other than some of the core generics there probably won't be any duplicate cards at all)
>>
>>44631461
Well you could run the stats and see which one you like in relation to the ships that are in the game, if you feel like X turret should be more dangerous then the swap buffs them but not to the extent that just upping their inherent dice would.

Are you notes and rules all in the mega link?
>>
>>44631201
I figure it's more that Rex or Fordo are in the troop bay commanding and directing the ship, similar to the Decimator's "Pilots" being more likely to be commanders than actually helming the vessel.
>>
>>44631367
I'm torn.
While I love the dice system they use for the Star Wars games, I have a deep seated grognardy love of Roll and Keep that makes me hope it stays.
I'm just super kriffing pumped about the LCG though.
>>
>>44631581
The rules are bog-standard X-Wing other than that one tweak.

The mega link is an extension that you can add to Mu0n's X-Wing VASSAL module (http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_X-Wing_Miniatures_Game), it basically just adds three tabs for Republic/Confederacy/PT Upgrades (note that it's only designed to work with upgrades from that tab).

Since for the most part I'm making up my own card text/stats/etc, I can have fully-visible cards in VASSAL unlike the main module, so it can basically be played from there without a squadbuilder (though I'm trying to adapt YASB to make list-building not suck).

>>44631681
Don't give me justification to be lazy!
>>
File: 3106753341_4823d9d9a9.jpg (82KB, 347x500px) Image search: [Google]
3106753341_4823d9d9a9.jpg
82KB, 347x500px
>>44631701

I just hope it remains hyper-lethal. Samurai stories should be pretty bloody, and death should be an ever present part of it.

Also, keeping the void point system, as well

I'm not too worried really - I'm fairly confidant FFG will make something neat and fun out of it
>>
>>44631367

Hey, if FFG has L5R, does that mean they have access to 7th Sea?
>>
File: 1334255872898.jpg (235KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1334255872898.jpg
235KB, 600x600px
>>44631782

7th Sea sank a long time ago.

I hope she'll resurface and sail again, but that could be a long wait for a boat that don't come
>>
I wonder how well would the population would have taken a hanging of the dead jedi on display on television?

Actually, I wonder why didn't the empire use the classic tactic of the Imperium of KILLMAIMBURN of all Xeno worlds? I mean in the OT they basically controlled the known Inner world and all you need is some really harsh xenophobia brainwashing to make it as Xenophobic as the Imperium if the goal is to make an Imperial Human Culture
>>
>>44631724
Well the alternative is putting the various Clone Captains and Commanders in as crew. Which would make the maximum Plo list even more Plo-y.

>Plo Koon
>Captain Jag
>104th Pilot w/ Plo's Bros and Wolf as crew
>>
>>44631724
I'm sure you've heard this already but I rewatched III recently and buzz droid missiles would be a fun experiment in DOT effects?

That and/or forcing the discard of upgrades as an effect or as a cost to remove?
>>
>>44631780
>Samurai stories should be pretty bloody, and death should be an ever present part of it.
Well yeah, I mean "the way of the warrior is death" and all that.
>>
>>44631782
>>44631828

http://www.sailthe7thsea.com/

>AEG is excited to announce that we have entered into a deal with John Wick Presents to sell back the publication rights for the 7th Sea game line. AEG will still retain rights to publish a number of products within that line over the next few years and we are negotiating and planning what that will be but have no announcements at this time.
>>
>>44631878
They're already in, doing 3 attack die and then after the attack hits, you roll one further dice. On a Crit result you flip ALL of the target's damage cards faceup. Only had it activate once so far, but it's basically a KO if your ship's taken two or more damage.
>>
>>44631953
That's really cool, that starfighters in the PT were just generally very cool.
>>
Holy crap, you get the Black Saber Crystal in the TFU DLC.

It looks weird.
>>
>>44631854
for the same reason the British Raj didn't kill all the Indians.

empty wastelands are kind of hard to make money out of.
>>
>>44632013

Actually you can get it in the main game too, it's at the Apex of one of the DS rooms. And yes the black core white outline is a little funky.
>>
>>44631872
It's probably getting 3 crew cards, so we'll see. Inertia says Rex probably stays a pilot.

>>44631878
Discord missiles are in, currently they're a 3-dice shot that requires but doesn't spend TL, deals full damage, and rolls a die after hitting, if it comes up crit, ALL the defender's damage cards get flipped up. They've gone through a few different effects, it's just a matter of getting them on the card. Maybe something that applies Buzz Droid tokens?
>>
>>44631854
Not well at all.

Because the Emperor isn't THAT big an idiot. You're forgetting that the Imperium is supposed to be fucking retarded in order to illustrate how fucked up in 40K's setting is.
>>
>>44632047
I know where it is, I just didn't realize that they gave you everything in the DLC.
>>
>>44632048
I just like the idea of making people discard upgrades to get that feel of be systematically crippled, the "every damage is terrible now" is cool though and I like both maybe they could both exist separately. Then again I'm not having to do all the leg work.

I imagine the current one gives ships with lots of hull heart palpitations.
>>
File: BrOQi3p.jpg (136KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
BrOQi3p.jpg
136KB, 1920x816px
>>44632013
>>44632047
>black saber
bleh it's one of those things I wish TCW didnt make canon
>>
>>44632192
Discarding upgrades is always iffy because there are some ships it's going to do absolutely nothing to.

I've kind of thought about adapting it so that it applies buzz droid tokens equal to uncancelled hits, removes 1 per turn, and each time they're removed they flip a card up.
>>
>>44632192
Yeah, but that being said, there isn't really a Hull monster like the VT-49 in the PT mod yet. I think the most Hull is 6 on the Scurrg and Firespray-31 and the both have Shields too.

Maybe that will change down the line with the Twilight or another that weirdly shaped Zygerrian Freighter.
>>
>>44632291
>Twilight
Literally never.

I've been debating some of the shuttles, but it's mostly a matter of trying to get something interesting, and the Skiff/Infiltrator kind of fill their niches already.
>>
>>44632250
Blame Georgey boy.
Filoni and the team originally intended for the Darksaber to just be a really badass metal sword that was saber-resistant.
That's also why it has that goofy shape, they kept the model and just retextured it.
>>
>Obi Wan has the love of his life murdered in front of him
>still stays calm and objective
>Anakin can't even hear the name of Padmes ex without flying into a murderous rage
Who is more fucked up?
>>
>Clovis is conspiring with the Separatists?!
WHY THE FUCK ELSE WOULD THE JEDI HAVE ASKED YOU TO SPY ON HIM YOU STUPID FUCKING BINT?!
>>
>>44632374
I really do wish Padme wasn't such an incandescent twat in TCW
>>
>>44632321
The Theta-class Shuttle looks baller as fuck, and could really just use a ported set of stats from the Lambda. Its top pilot would even be the same.
>>
>>44632363
Dude, that's like the third time he's had the love of his life killed in front of him.
Cerasi got 360noscoped and Siri was murdered by a Bounty Hunter.
>>
>>44632285
Does capture the dismantling flavour a bit more I think, what about discarding upgrades as a choice for the victims or sufferering the flip a bit like Integrated Astromech but not a good thing? Then again that's a debuff because you're giving the opponent a choice.
>>
File: Parker Luck.jpg (24KB, 337x309px) Image search: [Google]
Parker Luck.jpg
24KB, 337x309px
>>44632418
So you're saying Obi-Wan has the Parker Luck?
>>
>>44632407
Yeah, I had prelim stats for it and the Sheathipede at one point, might try again.

There's also the Fanblade, but I'm not sure how different it'd be functionally from the Nantex.

I'd love to be able to add the Guardian Mantis as well, but it's kind of tricky to get pilots for, there's minimal art around, and no ortho.
>>
>>44632333
They could've just put a generic lightsaber on his hand, like they do with General Gribius.
>>
What's the best "kicking someone's ass with the Force" class in F&D? 70% Force powers, 30% lightsaber.
>>
Hey TFU Anon, if you're still here, can you get me some pics of the Starkiller alt outfits? I can't find any that aren't shitty.
>>
>>44632374
He might have been stealing office supplies.
>>44632496
>What's WRONG with me?
Your writers. And editorial mandates *cough one more day cough*
>>
>>44632541
Mystic and consular.

Most specializations don't really lightsaber anyway.
>>
>>44632498
Hadn't even thought about the Sheathipede, it would be pretty cool to have a shuttle type ship for each faction though.

Good to see the update to Plo's pilot ability too, I'll have to take him out for spin next time I play.
>>
>>44632321
What's wrong with the Rigger/twilight?
>>
>>44632547
Been trying to figure out a way to actually get the screenshots in the first place. TFU has a really crappy PC port.
>>
Do you guys read any of the Star Wars quests on the board? If so which is your favorite?
>>
>>44632684
It's ugly as sin, so alot of people despise it. I don't really care that much either way.
>>
>>44632722
I followed the Republic Commando one, was the best. Pretty sad that Whiskey dissapeared.

But about the current ones? None so far.
>>
File: bruce_lee_jedi.jpg (1MB, 1100x1467px) Image search: [Google]
bruce_lee_jedi.jpg
1MB, 1100x1467px
>>44625644
BRUCE LEE: Jedi Knight

when?
>>
>>44632707
Steam screenshot key or IrfanView (if you can't find a friend with it don't try to get it via google.)
>>
>>44632684
>>44632737
Fundamentally ugly (in a B-Wing's packing crate genetics sort of way), and it would pretty much force me to put Ahsoka in the module.
>>
>>44632799
Let me try Steam screenshots.
>>
>>44632787
It's going to be a female Bruce Lee and she's going to be the lead for the 2021 spinoff
>>
>>44632775
AT-TE is pretty good. The force user ones are dogshit though.
>>
>>44632799
>don't try to get it via google
I have an ancient version of it, what happened?
>>
You know what would be great (though they would probably fuck it up)?

A KOTOR 1 cartoon.
>>
>>44632817
You can make her the worst named pilot ever out of spite.
>>
Guys, watching the africa special for top gear. Its given me a crazy idea.

What planet could one have a lighthearted romp of exploration with their idea about the victorian explorers (that they were having a bit to much fun with the lovely weather, dusky maidens, ect. ect. while telling everyone it was shit so they could have their fun) and vehicular mayhem.
>>
>>44632837
What is the premise? I tend to stay away about the force user related ones because i find them boring
>>
>>44632876
>Ahsoka Tano
>PS2
>When you reveal a manoeuvre, kill yourself.

Seriously though I don't have any real beef with Tano for the most part, wouldn't mind her showing up as a Crew or Pilot on something.
>>
>>44632871
No, i don't want the stupid shit from that series canonized. I'd only take a KOTOR thing if it either: was moved to being only a few hundred years before episode 1 (So, the technology level makes sense) or if it was properly archaic-ized with technology being shit (no blasters or lightsabers and hyperspace travel being scary and slow, for instance)
>>
File: 1451455484814.jpg (353KB, 487x634px) Image search: [Google]
1451455484814.jpg
353KB, 487x634px
Anyone got a link to Keeping the Peace?
>>
>>44632887
Eriadu's got the great plains and terrifying wildlife to make a pretty decent stand-in. Not so much the vehicular mayhem, as far as I remember, though.
>>
>>44632908
You're a clone commanding an AT-TE among other clones and you do clone things and fight clankers.
>>
>>44632915
You don't really know anything about the Star Wars timeline, do you?

They had hyperspace travel 25,000 years ago.
>>
>>44632913
In the absence of Lucas having any, I've appointed myself the quality-by-omission police.

read: license to douchebag, oh well)
>>
File: 1422830174825.png (150KB, 480x340px) Image search: [Google]
1422830174825.png
150KB, 480x340px
>>44632948
Nice
>>
>>44632858
Apparently it's not safe? It's best just to circulate old copies
>>
>>44632871
>Revan Cartoon

All of my yes.

>>44632915
Anon, tech in Star Wars doesn't improve much over ages.

Tech was perfectly fine for In-universe.

Still, if it makes you that butthurt, it can just end with the Sith Empire rising (and collapsing) and knocking society back down again in the process.

As has happened at least once before.
>>
>>44632787
Saberchucks are incredibly retarded. A set of phrik nunchaku would work just fine without chopping yourself into tiny bits. Seriously, it's not just a risk with that shit, it's a fucking guarantee.

However, I am currently planning to play a Jedi Martial Artist in an upcoming FaD game (unless this one falls through like the last one), so there is that.
>>
>>44632951
Which is stupid, aye? It makes the galaxy look extremely stagnant and it is VERY inconsistent with the speed at which new technologies and ships are developed in the movies.
>>
>>44633020
>Anon, tech in Star Wars doesn't improve much over ages.
Which is why the clone wars era ships were retired in favor of new models. Or why the X-wing was outdated in less than 30 years.
>>
>>44633043
Tech doesn't steadily increase in Star Wars, it rises, falls, plateaus and suddenly disappears.
>>
>>44632722
I haven't given half a damn about quests since papa-N quit, so no
>>
File: Battle of Coruscant (c 3996 BBY).jpg (489KB, 1969x701px) Image search: [Google]
Battle of Coruscant (c 3996 BBY).jpg
489KB, 1969x701px
>>44633020
>Tech was perfectly fine for In-universe.
No.
It was most certainly not.
THIS is what the roughly 4,000 BBY time period looked like before Bioware rubbed their sweaty ballsack all over it.
Lightsabers that plug into a power supply on your belt.
Crazy ancient looking armor and shit.
Dudes running into battle with fucking spears!
>>
File: Recon-Specialist-Front-Face.jpg (61KB, 195x300px) Image search: [Google]
Recon-Specialist-Front-Face.jpg
61KB, 195x300px
>>44632973
>yfw when
>>
>>44633115
You forgot big mammoth dinosaurs.
>>
>>44633089
Not really. It's mostly writers trying to outcool each other. Like how The Old Republic has star destroyers and clone trooper armor just for the sake of cool when it has no reason for these things to exist a gorillion years before the movies.
>>
>>44633115
That is about a thousand years pre KotOR. That's the Great Hyperspace War, not Exar~Kun's war.

Lightsabers were off the belt by then.
>>
>>44633115
I LOVE that aesthetic. My favorite ancient star wars.
>>
>>44632799
Yeah, it's not working on Steam.

Which sucks because there's a version of Starkiller that's supposed to be in the style of The Clone Wars cartoon.

I recommend you acquire The Ultimate Sith edition yourself off of TPB.
>>
>>44633189
>>That is about a thousand years pre KotOR
>more changed in 1000 years than the following 4000
Never mind that goes against how technological acceleration actually works
>>
>>44633229
I have it on steam and will get the screens myself.
>>
>>44633265
Post them if you do.

General Starkiller is the coolest one.
>>
File: latest-5.jpg (490KB, 1200x1059px) Image search: [Google]
latest-5.jpg
490KB, 1200x1059px
>>44633255
I was saying that he should have used the TotJ issues that take place a mere FIFTY years pre-KotOR. Like this one.
>>44633274
They are on my computer in New York, i am in florida till Saturday
>>
File: uwut.gif (523KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
uwut.gif
523KB, 500x264px
>tfw the more I watch TFA the more it doesnt feel like a Star Wars movie
>>
Clearly, cyborg Starkiller should use the black blade for maximum edge.
>>
>>44633189
Wait, you're right, that is the wrong Battle of Coruscant. Sadly I can't find the splash page from the issue where the one I was thinking of happened, but there were dudes with spears in the Dark Lords of the Sith arc, too. And shit STILL looked ancient as all fuck.
>>44633255
No, it's dumber than that. The arc I was thinking of is set a mere 40 years pre-kotor and looks more like >>44633115 than it does like kotor.
Also, in that mere 40 year gap the Jedi somehow went full prequel about the "no feels, no fun, no family" bullshit when NOMI SUNRIDER WAS IN LIVING MEMORY! You know, the lady who became a Jedi after her Jedi husband was murdered and his master offered to teach her the ways of the Force? And who is remembered over FOUR THOUSAND YEARS LATER as a great hero of the Jedi Order?
>>
>Using a toxic diluting agent
>FOR TEA
What's wrong with water? I don't know who to blame for this, but i guess i get a way to poison PCs in my games out of this retardation.
>>
I wonder if Gamorreans taste like bacon.
>>
>>44633382
They say humans taste like pig. I guess humanoid pigs taste even more like pig.
>>
>>44633326
TFA is fine
go back to /tv/ now
>>
So, opinions on TFA aside, how do you feel about the direction it takes the universe and what it adds to the setting?

In my opinion the nebulous politics and reuse of plot elements prevented it from adding too much. I would be interested in seeing the Imperial Remnant or life on a First Order world, or what's happened on some of the planets we love. Overall TFA didn't add or show much new stuff so it's hard to say. But I think stuff like Starkiller Base, wiping out the Republic, no NJO, actual extinction of the Sith, etc. are bad turns.
>>
File: 1449793594915.jpg (56KB, 800x753px) Image search: [Google]
1449793594915.jpg
56KB, 800x753px
>>44633508
>muh safe space
>muh reyfu
>>
>>44633529
My opinion is similar. I would rather they had explored the new republic and jedi order than what we got with "lol, it's the rebellion and empire again but different and lol no jedi haha!"
>>
>>44633554
You're going to have to try harder than that
>>
>>44633529
>>44633588
Pretty much, it feels like a wasted opportunity and also detracts a bit from the achievements and triumphs of the OT characters.
>>
>>44633588
>>44633657
Yeah, I tried to stay neutral on The Skub Awakens but I felt it tried way too hard to replicate the situation in A New Hope. Pottery aside it would have been nice to see a new plot with new stuff. Even the new stuff is mostly remixed old stuff - new x-wings, new TIE fighters, new stormtroopers, new Tattooine, new R2, new 3PO, new Tarkin, new Sheev, new Yoda, new Empire, new Order 66, etc.

Maybe the next installments will change my mind, but as it stands I would use Legends, with all its stupid bullshit, over TFA were I to run a post-OT game. Even better, hand-pruned Legends.
>>
>>44633694
Hand-pruned Legends with the good bits of new-canon spliced back in is still objectively the best.
>>
>>44633628
So will you if you want to drive out any criticism of TFA.
>>
>>44633719
>the good bits of new-canon
Like what? I haven't really gotten into the new books and stuff.
>>
File: credits.jpg (130KB, 1674x718px) Image search: [Google]
credits.jpg
130KB, 1674x718px
Did we see credits in the movies? I don't remember. And are credit sticks an old EU thing?
>>
>>44633748
Everything in Tarkin, and that's about the extent to which I've explored it so far.
>>
PROXY... ;_;7
>>
>>44633758
TCW is canon
>>
>>44633720
/tv/ is here to stay
>>
Welp, it was good knowing you Boba.
>>
I've got to say this, even though I know I'm baiting (but the board's in autosage so fuck it)

First: TFA is like all of JJ's movies in that it is feel-good, exciting, shallow, and UTTERLY forgettable. I can barely remember Star Trek 2009 and I saw it five times and I have no doubt that within five years, TFA will be the same.

THEREFORE: Shut the fuck up about TFA cause it's gonna drop out of popular consciousness before you know it.

And that's all I have to say about that.
>>
>>44633793
Credit sticks were a combination portable bank account and atm card. I've only seen hard currency, so far.
>>
File: 1421084181517.png (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1421084181517.png
2MB, 1440x900px
>>44633758
Dunno about credit sticks, but credits look like this in Rebels. TCW exclusively used those ingots which were neat.
>>
Time to fight Obi-Wan.
>>
New Thread: >>44633926
>>
Would it be snowflakey to recreate The Protomen's Doctor Light as a Trandoshan for an EotE campaign?

>>44633817
I can't say I agree. Star Trek has long been a niche interest with a string negative stigma, which was then brought mainstream by a fun but very simple movie.

Starwars doesn't have nearly the same stigma and has always been a lot more mainstream; that, and it exists almost in its entirety as a movie franchise. Even episode 2, the worst of all 7 so far, is extremely memorable.

This is just my opinion, but I think your wrong. TFA might not be as quotable as ANH or Empire, but no way is it going to be forgotten like Star Trek was.
>>
>>44633694
>new 3PO
Thank god this wasn't true, at least.
>>
I've gotta go to work soon. Where/what is the best place/way to watch rebels. I've never seen it and praying it's slow I'd like to get started tonight.
>>
>>44628554
yes, without a doubt
>>
>>44626607
wait there's already a guardian book? Why doesn't the pastebin have it?
>>
>>44627226
He made the double bladed lightsaber and then became the greatest practioner of all time with it
Thread posts: 383
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.