[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 56

File: 1447645185774.jpg (399KB, 1624x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1447645185774.jpg
399KB, 1624x1058px
>resources
pastebin.com/9JtJviaU

Fyreslayers are rumored to be a 3 week release window, Grungni worshiping Duardin coming Q2 or Q3. This year is the age of Sigmar.

Please ignore the haters and troll posts. The threads are capable of surviving without them.
>>
>>44619501
>Fyreslayers are rumored to be a 3 week release window, Grungni worshiping Duardin coming Q2 or Q3

Anyone think that Gotrek will make an appearance in either release?
>>
File: spurd.jpg (13KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
spurd.jpg
13KB, 301x167px
>>44619501

wrong op pic, this is the real age of shitmar pic
>>
>>44619613
I seriosuly doubt it. There has been discussion as to what happened to Gotrek that is still going on. I think all we know from rumors is that the Fyreslayers are trying to resurrect Grimnir. I think. Won't know until I get my hands on the battletome.

The rumor mongers just say maybe a couple more Fyreslayer heroes and that big magma beast (forgot what it's called, but it's not a salamander)
>>
>>44619501
>This year is the age of Sigmar.

last year certainly wasnt, zero AoS product in the GW top 28 sellers list

(Is the slavtroll now posting these threads btw? This sentence barely made any sense)
>>
>>44619695
>forgot what it's called, but it's not a salamander)

fyrefyghter magmamandoroth
>>
>>44619695
>Fyreslayers are trying to resurrect Grimnir

I like the idea that it's Gotrek as Grimnir.

Feels thematically right that the moment after Gotrek finally gets himself offed, people roll around and bring him right back.

Motherfucker can't catch a break.
>>
>>44619693
8th ED (and anything older than hasn't been retconned by it)----------> End Times-------->AoS

It's very simple.
>>
>>44619880

Wait, I'm not sure I follow. The symbol > usually means 'Is greater than'. So 5 > 4.

So...are you saying that 8th Ed and anything not Retconned by it is correct over End of Times over AoS?

Shouldn't AoS be correct over itself, given that it's the most recent release?
>>
File: Doom.jpg (45KB, 701x959px) Image search: [Google]
Doom.jpg
45KB, 701x959px
>>44619783
Gotrek is keeping Be'lakor's armies locked up. If he leaves, then Be'lakor will have a massive daemon army.

Grimnir (the real one) gave Gotrek his powers and left to fight with the Dwarfe people. His fate is unknown.

So either AoS Grimnir is the real Grimnir who re-obtained godlike powers OR he is Grimnir is Gotrek but that means that Be'lakor will have his army.
>>
>>44619921
>that means that Be'lakor will have his army.

I'd put my money on that. A Chaos themed army to throw down against Archaon sounds like the way GW would go.
>>
>>44619910
It's an arrow.

Let me make it clear.

What's currently canonical is 8th ED (and anything from older editions that hasn't been retconned by it), End Times, and AoS.
>>
>>44619945
>What's currently canonical is 8th ED (and anything from older editions that hasn't been retconned by it), End Times, and AoS.

AAH, so they're all canonical.

So where does Bloodbowl fit in?
>>
>>44619958
Bloodbowl is a separate universe.
>>
>>44619958
>AAH, so they're all canonical.

They are the main universe (canon). 8th ED, ET, and AoS are just phases in it.

>Bloodbowl

Alternative universe.
>>
>>44619921
Hmm, that's pretty fucking badass.
>>
>>44619695

Might be Magmadroth going off of one of the warscrolls.

>>44619710

And everything for Fantasy was at the ass end, that's not really something to be happy about, especially considering 3 of the 4 were big kits and the list was composed of the products that made the most money.
>>
We seen any pictures of models yet?
>>
>>44620431
You been under a rock or something? Jk, they were all in the last thread

>>44565752
>>44565780
>>44565804
>>44565830
>>44565860
>>44565955
>>44565984
>>44566004
>>44566025
>>44606020
>>44606030
>>44606044
>>44606054
>>44606067
>>
File: cannot unsee.jpg (19KB, 208x196px) Image search: [Google]
cannot unsee.jpg
19KB, 208x196px
>>44619501
>BROTHER WHAT HAVE YOU BECOME?!?
>>
>>44620455
Fuck off GW. Why the fuck do Dorfs get 4 or 5 more kits and Seraphon got sweet bugger all, less than bugger all, they LOST a couple of units.

Jesus fucking Christ, they must be terrible sellers if they can't justify making new models for them.

Those Salamanders are cool though, I guess Dorfs have something else other than guns. Thou they did have Shard Dragons in 8th.
>>
>>44620773
Because this is a completely new faction. These are not the dispossessed dwarfs that worship grungni.

This is a new army, therefor an entire release range for them. The grungni dwarfs will most likely get the seraphon treatment. But there are 2 completely different factions of dwarfs here, so they shouldnt be grouped together.
>>
>>44620773

Fyreslayers are a new army, they not just an addition to Fantasy Dwarfs which are the Steamhead Duardin.

Lizardmen were also one of the last Fantasy armies to be updated if I recall correctly.
>>
>>44620504
>Even Orruks are Space Marines in AoS

Staaaph
>>
File: O-BLACK-HEADS.jpg (126KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
O-BLACK-HEADS.jpg
126KB, 900x900px
>>44620911
I guess you guys will see space marines in everything, no matter how hard you look.

Those are black orcs, and predate AoS
>>
>>44621000
>I guess you guys will see space marines in everything, no matter how hard you look.
He's joking, c'mon.

but stormcast ARE space marines analogs
>>
Wait, so are Fyre Dorfs "Chaos Dwarfs"? Or are there 3 Factions now?

>>44621476
Nope. They're Paladin Analogues.
>>
>>44620773
Lizardmen didn't need new units though: the army has a wide range of plastic kits and good resin characters that survived the test of time, they sell even without a new overhaul or a new unit.
New armies on the other hand need the release of multiple kits right from the start.

Yes, chaos god-specific armies are treated new armies in all this, also because chaos fans are the group that were less prone to splinter thanks to the death of the world catering to them and are probably seen as forming the bulk of the "veteran-customers".
>>
>>44621510
3 factions, the fyreslayers are technically from the side of order, but are said to be willing to fight for anyone as long as they pay them in ur-gold, the fragments of their god.

you can deny it how much you want or grip at technicalities, fact is they still compose the armies of the god-king's finest augmented superhuman warriors with huge armours, with a focus on pauldrons and brotherhood chambers' colours and symbols.
The analogy is blatant, nothing inherently wrong in that though, I'm not trying to imply such a thing.
>>
>>44621544
You what upset me the most? Every other army got a "God".

Undead got Nagash.
Stormcast and Free Humans got Sigmar.
Chaos has the 5 and Archaon is a Demi-God.
Dorfs have Grimnir, Grungi and Vayalla.
Elves got fuck loads... Tyrion, Malerion, Alarellie and Teclis.

Yet, where is Seraphons? Where are "The Old Ones"? Where is Seraphon's Demi-God Analogue?

It can't be Kroak, that guy can cast 4 spells, sure, but Nagash can cast 9. How the fuck is that 'fair' when there is nothing at Nagash/Archaon level for Seraphon? Let alone actual mention of 'Gods'. Sure, Sotek and other made up names are mentioned, but they're never specifically called Old Ones, or Gods.

Teheuhauin got removed. Skink Chiefs got removed.

What is the analogue for Seraphon? What is their 'God' Unit?
>>
>>44621627
But Paladins have always done that as well, fighting for their specific God. The better argument would be their the analogue of Chaos Warriors.
>>
>>44621639
They may not be gods, but Slann are still very powerful lore-wise. I might even say they are one of the most dangerous things you can face short of an actual god.
>>
>>44621639
Slann

>>44621644
The fact that reptiles in the end developed from amphibians don't make you say birds are closer to the latter rather than the former.
>>
>>44621694
So far they are the most powerful mages, even more powerful than Gaunt Summoners and Lords of Change. They can cast 3 spells per turn, with Kroak doing 4.

Nagash, however, can do 9. Which means Nagash will wipe the floor with most people as he'll simply summon 9 new units every turn. While Slann can summon 3, sure, but they'll never out-summon Nagash.

But that's it, they have no Demi-God analogue. They don't even seem to have Gods at all, which explains why Tehehauin got removed. Sure, we get Constellations, but nothing great.

I dunno, it's just odd. Guess Sigmarines didn't get anything either.
>>
>>44621644

The concept of a paladin is way broader, rarely that specific and you know that.
It's like negating the affinity to a sub-group because of the affinity for a greater one that contains both.
>>
>>44621780
Not everyone needs everything.

I found it odd that stormcast didn't get their own mage, some sort of keeper of knowledge or stormcaller.
>>
File: kotbs.jpg (190KB, 689x517px) Image search: [Google]
kotbs.jpg
190KB, 689x517px
>>44621639
The Empire lost all of their gods save for Sigmar and he's pretty shithouse.

Brettonia got it either worse, because they lost everything.
>>
>>44621780
Nagash is definitely superior, but there's only one of him. Dunno how many Slann are left, but I'm gonna assume a couple hundred or so. Regardless, you only need 3 to summon as much as Nagash.
>>
>>44621627
Meh, shoehorning space marines = stormcast eternals is as goofy as chaos space marines = chaos warriors. They have an aesthetic similarity (less so than CSM/CW) but are physiologically, mentally and technologically different.

Its a bit like pottery in that CW are a lot more psychologically flat than CSM, while SM are a lot more psychologically flat than sigmarines.
>>
>>44619983
>>44619965

So is Storm of Chaos a separate universe too?
>>
wonder how will they turn elves into space marines

or will they just simply make them eldar?
>>
>>44620911
>AoS, where you can play space marines, dwarf marines, orc marines!

>>44621876
>and soon elf marines!
>>
>>44621873
No, it's a retconned event.
>>
>>44621921
>No, it's a retconned event.
But that doesn't make any sense. All of the 2ed WFRP stuff was based around the Storm of Chaos, and none of that is getting replaced with anything End of Times related.

Why wouldn't it be a separate universe where Archaon lost? That seems to make a lot more sense.
>>
>>44621921

Does that mean the Storm of Chaos armies/units are no longer canon?

Because I really like my Slayer axe thrower. I was kinda hoping there would be rules for it coming up in AoS.
>>
>>44621947
The RPG was written before it was retconned and so was the 7th ed imperial rrulebook.

GW ignored it and then wrote it out of the setting in the rest of 7th books and onwards.
>>
>>44621947
Because GW didn't want their little favourite princess, Archaon to lose.
>>
>>44621947
Let's be honest, since WFRP is the only active and supported canon Warhammer product, that pretty well means SoC is canon and End Times aren't.
>>
>>44622018
That's nonsense.
>>
>>44621989
>GW ignored it and then wrote it out of the setting in the rest of 7th books and onwards.

Isn't that essentially what a new universe would look like, though?

I mean, especially if there are units now that are no longer canonical.

In 1ed WFRP, Karl-Franz was depicted as a simpering moron who was just being used by a power behind the throne. That wasn't retconned, it was simply an alternative version of the Warhammer setting compared to the main one used by the later years wargame.

So...isn't Storm of Chaos in the same boat? It now depicts a version of the Warhammer setting that is no longer used and thus represents an alternative universe where things played out differently?

Just my thoughts. Typically a retcon is a small thing, like in his first appearance in the Warriors of Chaos book, the Dragon Ogre Shaggoth Kholek Suneater was supposed to have been imprisoned in a glacier 700 years before the present by Teclis, the greatest wizard of the modern era. Since Teclis was actually born several hundred years after this date, the new version has changed it to "the greatest High Elf Mages of the day". That's a retcon. Fixing little things.

Completely wiping out several years of releases, source books, supplements and campaign specific models just feels like it's a bit extreme to just call a 'retcon'. But still, just my opinion. The Warhammer setting still exists, and if people want to continue it like the Endhammer crew or just fans of the game, they're more than welcome to.

Interestingly enough, you'd call the Endhammer setting an Alternative Universe.
>>
>>44622028
Why that ?
>>
>>44622018
You...you do know the End Times directly lead into the Age of Sigmar, right?
>>
>>44622028

It's crazy logic, but it stands.

WFRP is still active and supported. And 3ed follows the Storm of Chaos setting. So the Storm of Chaos has to be an alternative universe for Warhammer, now used solely for the roleplaying games.

Just like the Bloodbowl version of the setting is used solely for Bloodbowl games.

It's nonsense to argue that End Times aren't canon, especially since AoS follows the End Time continuity.
>>
>>44622061
>the Age of Sigmar
Different universe with only a few namedrops to justify the name. Not much of an argument.
>>
>>44622048
Look, anon.

Nobody gives a fuck an out Storm of Chaos, especially GW. Except the few anons that like it for whatever reason.

In the official canon, it's a retconned event. You are free to think of it what you like but in the end of the day it's an event of no relevance. Even negative rrelavance in an AoS thread.
>>
>>44622073
>that pretty well means SoC is canon and End Times aren't.
Age of Sigmar is GW's canon storyline, therefore the End Times are the canon storyline as well. "Canon" is decided by GW, not you.
>>
>>44622073
No, AoS is the continuintion of Whfb.
>>
>>44622116
>In the official canon, it's a retconned event.

In the AoS Tabletop Canon it's retconned. In the WFRP Canon, it's canon.

>Even negative rrelavance in an AoS thread.

Fair point. The reason I ask is because I was hoping the Axe thrower would get an AoS release.
>>
>>44622159
Link the WHRPG rulebooks. I want to see for myself
>>
>>44622116
I don't know why everyone is arguing how canon Storm of Chaos is, when it is clearly a special case since it didn't go the way GW wanted it to so they messed around with it, then it still didn't go how they wanted so they pretended it never happened.
>>
>>44622194

Search 'WFRP' at the bay of pirates.
>>
>>44622210
>I don't know why everyone is arguing how canon Storm of Chaos is, when it is clearly a special case since it didn't go the way GW wanted it to so they messed around with it, then it still didn't go how they wanted so they pretended it never happened.

See (>>44622159)
>hoping the Axe thrower would get an AoS release.
>>
>>44622223
Any book in particular? Because I am having doubts here.
>>
>>44622240

2ed Core or 3ed Core.

1ed was just generic Warhammer, set in around 2500's. 2ed jumped it forward to around 2525 immediately after the Storm of Chaos. 3ed followed 2ed setting.
>>
I've been trying to get use AOS as an excuse to get back into warhammer, but I'm struggling with the change to a really high fantasy setting. Did any of the armies which have been fleshed out retain any of their old flavour?

Also is their a map of the realms, something you can point at and say this battle happened here, my army comes from here, we are fighting for this territory etc.?
>>
>>44622285
>Did any of the armies which have been fleshed out retain any of their old flavour

The old flavour was shit, new FYRESLAYERS are made of METAL and WIN

GRIMNIR IS SO. HUGE.
>>
>>44622341
>The old flavour was shit

You know that the Fyreslayers only have their aesthetics in common with the Trollslayers of old, right?

The models are okay.
>>
>>44622272
3th ED is made by FFG? Then it's not canon.

FFG is not empowered to create IP/Canon for Warhmmer/40K. Only GW, FW, and BL are empowered to create IP/Canon for the settings, as per GW's own policy.
>>
>>44622602
>Only GW, FW, and BL are empowered to create IP/Canon for the settings, as per GW's own policy.

True. Which is why they didn't create any canon. They just continued with GW's approved Storm of Chaos canon.
>>
>>44622654
Nope, GW has long ago discarded and forgotten Storm of Chaos

FFG is a third part company and what they do has no barring on the canon. If they choose to go with Storm of Chaos for their games, they are free to do that but as far as GW is concerned the games are not canonical and don't affect their settings.

So the discussion about the Storm of Chaos should be over.
>>
>>44622602
>3th ED is made by FFG? Then it's not canon.

2ed was where they started the Storm of Chaos canon for WFRP. At the time it was done by Black Industries, a division of Black Library who oversaw the publication and distribution of 2ed material designed by Green Ronin.

Storm of Chaos is canon for the WFRP line, not the WFB or AoS line.
>>
>>44622696
>GW is concerned the games are not canonical and don't affect their settings.

Dude, if you think GW doesn't care what any third party does with their material then I don't think you've been paying any attention to what GW has been doing.

Games Workshop retained extensive editorial control over the line, wanting to ensure that new WFRP material did not contradict the tone and details of the Warhammer Fantasy Battle line.

All 3ed did was change the system mechanics. The setting continuation and work was back in Green Ronin/Black Industry days.

That said, Storm of Chaos is only canon for the WFRP line, not the WFB or AoS line.
>>
>>44622728
They don't.

For example, FFG admitted that they take certain liberties in writing their RPGs. The Deathwatch and Rogue Trader RPGS for full of canonical errors or fabrications.

As long as people pay the monies, GW won't care.

>>44622699
>2ed was where they started the Storm of Chaos canon for WFRP.

When was it published?
>>
>>44622751
are full*
>>
>>44622751
>When was it published?

>The Deathwatch and Rogue Trader RPGS for full of canonical errors or fabrications.

And AoS has characters who were shown killed in End Times brought back without explanation. These things happen.

But yeah, I'd say that the Deathwatch/Rogue Trader stuff is canon - just not with the tabletop game.

The Storm of Chaos stuff isn't used for the wargame anymore. They just use it for the roleplaying game. So it's only canon for use in the roleplaying game.
>>
>>44622751
Nevermind.

Found it online. 2005, a year after Storm of Chaos (2004). Meaning that it was written before GW decided to retcon Storm of Chaos in the rest of 7th ED and totally in 8th ED.
>>
>>44622779
Just whatever, dude. Keep your filthy RPG stuff away from our wargaming setting discussion.

>And AoS has characters who were shown killed in End Times brought back without explanation.

Like who?
>>
>>44622813
>Just whatever, dude. Keep your filthy RPG stuff away from our wargaming setting discussion.

Dude, I was just explaining to you how the RPGs are still canon in their own lines.

>Like who?

Off the top of my head, Grimgor. I think there's a few others, but it never really bothered me enough to make a big note of.
>>
>>44621639
>Yet, where is Seraphons? Where are "The Old Ones"? Where is Seraphon's Demi-God Analogue?

In one of the advent Chaos stories, you see a glimpses of one of the Lizardmen's mind.

The Slaanesh girl in the story had her mind connect with the Seras ancient Sarus leader and she saw that like her the Seras dude was in sorrow over being abandoned by his "gods".

There are no gods for the Seras because their gods are long dead or gone to places where they cannot follow. It's suppose to be one of their themes. The Seras have a unit of Sarus revered as avatars of one of their lost gods, IIRC.
>>
>>44622857
Grimgor?

Grimgor wasn't revived. He is still dead.
>>
File: drachenfels-von-oben.jpg (344KB, 1440x585px) Image search: [Google]
drachenfels-von-oben.jpg
344KB, 1440x585px
Is there Drachenfels in AoS?
>>
>>44622982
The castle was already overrun by daemons before the End Times. With the world blowing, I doubt it survived.

Drachenfels the person? Huss burned his spirit to nothingness.
>>
>>44622921
Mannfred and the elf gods come to mind.
>>
>>44623266
Mannfred is a vampire. Vampire bodies can be destroyed but their spirits linger on. Spirits of vampires eventually re-materialize. Or a servant of the vampire can throw blood on the ashes of the vampire to ress him instantly. What is likely happened is that Nagash who is god of the Underworld(s) found Mannfred's spirit and gave it flesh again. Easily explained.

>elf gods

Asuryan, Khaine, and the rest of the Elven gods are dead. They haven't made a comeback in AoS

If you mean Tyrion, Malekith, and the Everqueen, then they were sucked into the Realm of Chaos in the End Times. Being sucked into the Realm of Chaos is not a death sentence as explained in the introductory fluff of AoS. The fluff says that many mortals were sucked into the Realm of Chaos when the world was destroyed. Though many perished, there were some who had enough willpower and skill to fight their way out of the Realm of Chaos and reach the Mortal Realm.

The only character that has no explanation for her survival is Morathi but I am sure they will explain it once the Slaanesh plotline gets going.
>>
>>44623383
Alright fair. I was going to say Kroak, too, but I can see how that would be explained away as well.
>>
>>44623421
Kroak probably just jumped on a temple-starship like the rest of his kind and zoomed on out of there.
>>
>>44623421
Kroak achieved CHIM,he stopped giving a fuck about the cycle of life and dead
>>
NEW SKAVEN MODELS WHEN?
I want some updated night runners and rattling gunners
>>
>>44623823
>AoS
>focusing on eshin
Keep dreaming.
>>
>>44623823

not happening bro, night runners do not fit any space marine chapter
>>
>>44623949
What about new Ratling gunners then?
>>
>>44624439

maybe in the devastator squad
>>
>>44622367
exactly, GW has thrown out the OLD AND BUSTED and replaced it with win

see also archaon, who is ANIME
>>
>>44624691

the new archaon is not even close to the old model desu
>>
>>44624691

I mean I can understand bashing the old slayers but fucking archaon? that model was voted as the best GW miniature, a real classic. noone will remember the $200 busy shit model in two years
>>
>>44625126
He wasn't big enough.
I'm not even kidding, it looks like in AoS they want every factions leader to be giant.

I think they backed themselves into a corner by releasing things like Nagash and the Glotkin, because now for another armies general to stand out, they have to be massive as well.
>>
We have 2 of the AoS warscroll battalions so far.
>>
>>44625295
>>
>>44625194

I think you're right. Even the current Empire general on Griffon towered over the classic Archaon model.
>>
>>44625304
>>44625295
of course they had to be the least interesting ones
>>
>>44621639

The various zodiac creatures could end up becoming gods for the Lizardmen.

>>44621997

More like because the story didn't make sense.

>>44622048

GW cares about the miniature games before all else, that is why they likely had no problem making the RPG books partially defunct.

>>44623383

>If you mean Tyrion, Malekith, and the Everqueen, then they were sucked into the Realm of Chaos in the End Times

Actually I think their spirits latched on to Malus.
>>
>>44625194
>I think they backed themselves into a corner by releasing things like Nagash and the Glotkin, because now for another armies general to stand out, they have to be massive as well.

>Steamhead Duaradin is just going to be a Titan.
>Entire army is going to look like the fucking Squat range.
>Guns and not-power armour everywhere
>General will be some sort of engineer lord with a gi
>>
File: Mortal Realms.png (1MB, 4016x684px) Image search: [Google]
Mortal Realms.png
1MB, 4016x684px
>>44627013
>Actually I think their spirits latched on to Malus.

We see them sucked into Realm of Chaos. Malus had no influence in guiding the survivors to the mortal realms considering that humans made to the Mortal Realms before Sigmar and the Dragonbro did.
>>
File: Those who made it.png (18KB, 409x334px) Image search: [Google]
Those who made it.png
18KB, 409x334px
>>44627716
>>
>>44625304
That's pretty beastly with the plague drones. Getting a 5 wound model back every turn is nasty.
>>
File: 1436685518579.png (1MB, 3392x856px) Image search: [Google]
1436685518579.png
1MB, 3392x856px
>>44627716
>>
>>44627929
I stand corrected. Though to be fair, It has been a while since I read that part and also AoS fluff is written in a confusing manner..
>>
>>44628083
>AoS fluff is written in a confusing manner..

that's a pretty nice litotes for 'uninspired, inconsistent and overall very poor quality writing'
>>
Can someone explain something to me?

In all the old fluff, they keep painting the Realm of Chaos as a not-physical space. But now we have stuff like the realms.

Now, I know they started including locations in the Realms of Chaos pre-AoS, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the in-setting fluff for it was?
>>
>>44628696
The mortal realms are not the realm of chaos, basically. So, there's no barrier to them being physical spaces, though they are prone to more magical terrain and weather and whatnot than the old warhammer world.

In any event, there is physical space in the realm of chaos (draigo's been wandering it for a while) it's just really fucked up due to being designed entirely at the whim of the chaos gods.
>>
>>44628854
>
In any event, there is physical space in the realm of chaos (draigo's been wandering it for a while) it's just really fucked up due to being designed entirely at the whim of the chaos gods.

Ah. So the Realm of Chaos IS non-physical in nature, but Chaos being Chaos they just kind of burp physical spaces into there at random?

Cheers for that.
>>
>>44627592

I know you are joking, but I imagine they will either get some form of metal golem, or giant airship of some sort.
>>
File: image.jpg (985KB, 1280x1735px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
985KB, 1280x1735px
>>44628904
Here's a map from WHFB.
>>
>>44619501
>Please ignore the haters and troll posts. The threads are capable of surviving without them.

Why lie tho?
>>
>>44629583
Rumors point to some sort of golem, whether it's mechanic or magical is unknown art this point.

I think it will possibly be a dual kit, where one variant has a dwarf Lord so the dwarves finally have a big monster hero, and the other variant will just be a monster of some type. I'm looking forward to it regardless. This is what I love about the new setting; you couldn't get away with something like it in the old world, but in the mortal realms, where everything is high magic and in mythic proportions, stuff like it is the norm.
>>
>>44630481
>you couldn't get away with something like it in the old world
Hello
>>
>>44629818

I'm impressed they managed to work in the sigils into the map layout.
>>
File: 1452206202674.jpg (1MB, 1280x1735px) Image search: [Google]
1452206202674.jpg
1MB, 1280x1735px
>>44631281
holy mother of fucks, anon, you're right, never noticed it until now.
>>
>>44632027

shiet
>>
>>44632027
Hmm, seems kindof a stretch, but I can dig it
>>
File: 639.jpg (241KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
639.jpg
241KB, 2000x1500px
Has anyone worked with Titan Forge miniatures yet? They have this steampunk dwarf line which looks really cool. How is their resin and about what scale are they? This guy could totally be a dwarf lord with great weapon on shield bearers
>>
>>44636122
Hammerers maybe? But I don't know if theyre too big to be that.
>>
File: 673.jpg (1MB, 2582x2130px) Image search: [Google]
673.jpg
1MB, 2582x2130px
>>44636134
forgot pic
>>
File: 2076194-archaonwarhammerinvasion.jpg (768KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2076194-archaonwarhammerinvasion.jpg
768KB, 714x1000px
>>44619937
And only Archaon can cuck the bel'acuck
>>
>>44622210
This, Chaos was winning against their wishes so they brought out the McGuffin 'Eadbutt and sent it all back to before it started.

SoC was a fun event, but it doesn't exist in the 'real timeline' according to GW
>>
>>44625295
damn son, that's a good batallion ability. GHEro phase pile in and attack, whichwill be followed by a further pile in and attack in your combat phase/ Play that right and you get two sets of attacks by the same unit before the enemy gets to strike back if you remained in combat starting your turn. Situational, yes, but jesus that could be a lot of dice you toss in combat
>>
>>44632027
I have sen that map a dozen times, and have never even considered this. Thanks for the insight, anon >>44631281
>>
>>44630713
umm, what the hell am i looking at here?
>>
>>44639324
Adrian Smiths art, but not sure where it come from.
>>
>>44639460
OnG army book, with a flying stone dwarf ship.
>>
Question. The Saurus Guard have a special rule which says "If the Saurus Guard is within 3" of a Seraphon Hero, then it gains +2 Bravery and +1 to roll saves"

Does that mean the Hero gets +2 Bravery and +1 roll save, or the Saurus Guard? I was going with the former as it makes sense that they're protecting something specific.

It is also very important if it isn't the case, as Kroak would go up to 12 Bravery, meaning he'd have, in effect, 2 more wounds. It's just a shame he's vastly weaker than a regular Slann, as it's Wounds Suffered + D6 roll. Which means suffering 4 wounds and rolling a 6 will be enough to for him to die.
>>
>>44640348
It refers to the Saurus Guard.
>Kroak weaker than a regular Slann
Are you dumb?
>>
File: sg.jpg (330KB, 728x949px) Image search: [Google]
sg.jpg
330KB, 728x949px
>>44640348
I would interpret that as being the saurus guard. "If this unit [singular] is within 8" of any SEREPHON HEROES [plural], add 2 to its [singular] Bravery and 1 to any save rolls for it [singular]." The tenses indicate it's the Guard to me.

Not sure I agree about Kroak either. If you don't hit that 1/6 chance then he's completely fine, whereas a normal Slann is half dead, and will definitely die next turn if it takes the same damage while Kroak only has a 1/6 chance again.
>>
File: wp_ss_20160108_0001.png (2MB, 768x1151px) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160108_0001.png
2MB, 768x1151px
>>44639460
It doesn't even come close to Adrian smith's style.

>>44640108
2 flying stone ships and a giant animated statue.
>inb4 maybe it's just a normal statue
If that was the case it wouldn't be drawn with lines on its head and shoulders to convey the movement amongst dust and with a gigantic hammer positioned like an eyesore in the middle of the dwarfen hall.
We also had giant statues, this time in a more mechanical and less magical style, in another depiction.
>>
>>44640441
>>44640449
Thanks. As for Kroak, my point was that the guy can be fucked over if you roll badly. I know he's generally better, but RNG is never a thing that works with me.

Still, the x3 Units of Saurus Guard + Eternity Warden formation is insanely good.

Also, why do Seraphon have Salamanders and now Fyredorfs do? They're huge cool looking monsters, yet Seraphon have this dinky crappy looking ones, regardless of their pretty good rules.
>>
>You'll see how AoS has failed once the financial report comes out
said the twats on Whineseer. Well, the financial report's out, and GW's profit is basically the same once currency fluctuations are taken into account. So instead they're saying we won't see the damage until 6-12 months time. Way to move the goalposts, guys.

>They didn't make a big deal out of how well AoS did so it must have done badly
They didn't make a big deal out of how well BaC did either, yet it's "known" that that was their biggest seller for ages (despite not being on the bestsellers list for the year) and was the only thing propping up the company this year. There's no numbers for either AoS or BaC yet the echo chambers cannot comprehend that they might be wrong.

And yeah, I might be wrong in thinking AoS has done okay, but my reasons (e.g. that the profit hasn't fallen) at least has a basis in facts and figures, not anecdotes.
>>
>>44640827
Fyrefyghter salamanders are a different sort of beast, though.
As for Kroak, just use his Impeccable Forsight to make sure the RNG doesn't screw you. And if an enemy has any way to punch 4+ wounds into your slann, things have probably gone tits up in the first place...
>>
>>44640827
Salamander was what the guy who first had the leaks called them on the basis of pictures, don't think it's what they're actually called.
>>
>>44640921
True. Also, I like how you can really fuck people up if you get an Astrolith Bearer next to Kroak. +8" range on his 1st unique spell means it can do 26" and everything in that range takes those hits. Of course his Comet spell is better, as it hits everything on the board, no hiding from that out of range. Problem is, while you can summon two units with him after casting those two spells, the first one (forgot it's name) can be cast 3 times in total. So, would probably be better to have a dedicated Slann casting summons.

Shame it's WAACfaggotry to abuse the Astrolith Bearer as you can have 10 of them and never fail a cast and get +80" range (or is it +4" per one or 8"? I forget). Would mean being able to summon a Dread Saurian every turn, which has insanely good stats. I'm sure you've seen it.
>>
>>44640836
AoS doesn't have to do amazing, it just has to do better than WHFB. Which, if their profits have remained the same, it seems to have done. They were losing money on WHFB, blame Kirby.
>>
>>44640969
Yeah, you can get some pretty wacky results in AoS by using multiples of the same hero.
>>
File: dread saurian rules.png (538KB, 995x952px) Image search: [Google]
dread saurian rules.png
538KB, 995x952px
>>44641051
>11 to summon
>get 10 Astrolith Bearers, or a couple and summon more
>every turn cast Summon Dread Saurian
>enjoy raping everybody
>>
>>44641243
>Jaws can do 24 damage
>Claws can do 12 at max health
>moves 10" a turn
>Can run and charge once it's made one kill
>every time it does damage it heals D3, keeping it constantly topped up
>3+ save
>16 wounds
>10 bravery, can't even make it run
>makes all Battleshock tests -2 Bravery
>combine that with Carnosaur + Stardrake Icon and you make 2 auto run per failed shock, -2 Bravery and force to roll an extra dice as well

You could destroy even Ld10 armies with that.

Shame the average damage it does is 9 wounds at max health. However, if you get a Skink Priest to cast the Jaw Doubler attack on it, that goes up to possible 48 damage.
>>
>>44641027

haha, if profits remain the same nothing has changed no? how do you figure AoS is doing better than WHFB? Last I heard it accounted for 30% of sales. Has AoS beaten that number?
>>
>>44641561
>30%

From who? Because the Chapter House lawsuit said 13% iirc. GW's profits have stabilised instead of going down. So, yes, AoS is doing better than WHFB. Maybe they've stabilized due to new armies like Skiitari and shit, but we're not talking bout that.

All we know is, GW were losing money slightly for a few years.
>>
>>44641027
WHFB wasn't losing money.
>>
>>44641684
[Citation Needed]

It obviously was, or it wouldn't have ended. Why did it end if it wasn't?
>>
>>44641763

You have as much ground to stand on as the guy you're responding to if your sole proof that WHFB was losing money is to point to End Times/AoS.

Numbers people. We need numbers. And real citations.
>>
>>44641763
Because they wanted more for what they were spending.
They wanted 40k success for fantasy and decided to overhaul everything, liberating themselves from the constrictions of the old system and setting on the models to produce and keep, to think warhammer was somehow not generating income to the company is retarded.

The biggest gambles were exaggerating in filing off the fluff, that always solidified the attraction to customers to the products, and rules' limits that also pressed customers, especially newcomers, to invest rapidly and consistently.
It's a pretty big gamble and they are aware of it.

GW will get out of this initial loss, but the potential lost of fixing the old world rather than replacing it will haunt them and their fans.
>>
As a new player is it worth me getting either of the "start collecting" ork or chaos warriors bundles?

or are the units you get garbage
>>
>>44642336
Both look solid to me.
>>
>>44642336
They perform their roles. In AoS there is no 'garbage' unit because there is no meta. It's a great deal for minis so if you wanted to do an orruk army, I would definitely recommend that box regardless.
>>
File: 1435760412111.jpg (8KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1435760412111.jpg
8KB, 224x225px
>>44619501
Thanks Age of Sigmar
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/jan/08/games-workshop-fails-weave-christmas-magic
>>
>>44619501
>Please ignore the haters and troll posts. The threads are capable of surviving without them.
>Implying

AoS confirmed BTFO
>>
>>44629845
indeed.
>>
>>44642436
>The Liberal Newspaper of the Guardian
>OMG SO TERRIBLE
>THEY MADE £16.6m last year!
Okay, what did they do this year?
>£16m! SO IT'S SO MUCH WORSE!
Oh, you mean a company which lives on new blood didn't reach the same as last year?
>YEAH BTFO!

Etc.
>>
File: 1311049885904.jpg (50KB, 211x251px) Image search: [Google]
1311049885904.jpg
50KB, 211x251px
>>44642436

B-B-B-B-B-B-But Age of Sigmar was the chosen one! It was going to save Games Workshop!
>>
>>44642528
uhh, the Guardian is awesome for its titanic set of balls it isn't afraid to wave around. And ya a liberal news paper is calling out negative growth, when it gets to that point conservative publications wipe their ass with your name.
>>
>>44642436
You know poor sales in December aren't unique to GW, right? There are many incidents of stores having more staff than customers for large periods of the month (especially on Black Friday) because they overestimated demand.
>>
>>44641763
>It obviously was, or it wouldn't have ended. Why did it end if it wasn't?

are you new to business? White Wolf anno sold ars magica because it wasn't as profitable as they WoD line; Ars Magica lived through and was a success for years with john wick

it was ended because it did not earn as much money as they wanted. they felt they could do better in a new setting. might have been possible but they fucked up literally everything and came out with a piece of excrement
>>
>>44641763
>It obviously was, or it wouldn't have ended.
That logic can not apply to Games Workshop, who famously started going down a slippery slope.
Basically, they expanded internationally far to quickly. Despite being an incredibly well known brand, there is no way the company should be the size they are currently. Kirby had to borrow a lot of money to get it to the state it is in today, since since like, 2005ish they have had to keep expanding to keep in business, which kinda explains how loose they have been with their IP licensing nowadays compared to before.
Fantasy was making them money, but it wasn't making them ENOUGH money.
>>
>>44640836

their sales actually fell by 2.2% so far, only royalties are saving them. they are in track for a 9% loss given the entire financial year. unless they bring out a new edition of 40k in q2, they are fucked
>>
>>44641630

that's not true at all, the 30% comes from the chapterhouse documents. maybe you have mistaken thirty for thirteen
>>
File: 1438950262892.jpg (59KB, 600x436px) Image search: [Google]
1438950262892.jpg
59KB, 600x436px
>>44642613
I'm sorry you're a conservative and obviously have more business knowledge. Tell me why falling 4th quarter profits aren't troublesome for a retail toy store? You conservative business intellect obviously holds superior understanding of market principles.
>>
>>44642694
Nope. Adjusting for exchange rates, their sales increased. Only by a smidgen, but they increased. They're only making a loss due to currency fluctuations.
>>
>>44642747
Because GW isn't a retail toy store. Their market isn't the same as a retail toy store. Their business strategy isn't the same a Toys'r'us. GW having poor sales for christmas is nothing new.
>>
>>44641763

read the rick priestly thread bro, kirby basically ended the specialist games that were profitable because they internally fucked up the logistics with their product, and he did not want to run into that kind of shit again

yeah, this is the kind of business decision GW makes roflmao, instead of fixing something rather just drop it
>>
File: 1435481894777.jpg (510KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1435481894777.jpg
510KB, 1600x1200px
>>44642775
Man you guys always get triggered when someone calls your little men "toys".
>>
File: 1438563343878.jpg (157KB, 469x696px) Image search: [Google]
1438563343878.jpg
157KB, 469x696px
>>44642779
The sick part is they did that with Fantasy now. Why would I ever want to invest in anything GW produces? 30 years of gaming down the drain.
>>
>>44642609
>the Guardian is awesome for its titanic set of balls it isn't afraid to wave around
>>
>>44642752
>Adjusting for exchange rates, their sales increased.

Anno, can you explain this for me plz?
>>
>>44642752

you know that's a retarded argument? GW sold less units than they did before, plain and simple. currency conversion doesn't matter shit if you are declining and can only veil your issues for so far

the fact that they sold less while hyping up and launching a new game system is even more worrisome for them
>>
File: gc39.jpg (177KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
gc39.jpg
177KB, 640x427px
>>44642779
This is what really dropped my jaw coming out of Rick Priestly's mouth. Some of the best table top games ever produced and they were trashed because of businessmen bullshit.
>>
>>44641630

Nope, the andrew jones testimony during the the chapterhouse case put 40k to 50.6%, fantasy to 35.3%, and books + hobby supplies to 14.1%. 40k was destroying fantasy on the novel market tho, but even that number wasn't 13%, it was 78-22 40k-fantasy
>>
>>44621627

The imagery is similar but the novellas have done a pretty good job at showing the Stormcast are still pretty damn mortal in their thinking and outlooks. They aren't the warrior monks we're familiar with
>>
File: shit.jpg (97KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
97KB, 407x405px
>>44642436

age of shitmar, ladies and gents
>>
>>44642871
>GW sold less units than they did before, plain and simple.
Post proofs. All we have in this financial report are amounts of money. Without adjusting for exchange rates they made less money than last year. With adjusting for exchange rates they made more. That's all we know.
>>
>>44643065
>Posting a reddit meme

You can follow AoS into the >>>/trash/
>>
>>44619501

At any point in time, GW can simply say "OOPS" and release AoS Tournament Unit Points edition Ruleset.
>>
File: chaos cultists.jpg (116KB, 873x627px) Image search: [Google]
chaos cultists.jpg
116KB, 873x627px
Well everyone read Rick's interview. It is the best perspective I have herd on GW in a decade.
http://unpluggedgames.co.uk/features/blood-dice-and-darkness-how-warhammer-defined-gaming-for-a-generation/
>>
>>44643110
>With adjusting for exchange rates they made more

do you realize what this means, or are just genuinely stupid and falling for this bullshit?

they are adjusting the currency because the british economy and the british currency got stronger. that has nothing to do with GW. in fact, this is even more of a red flag, imagine if the british economy had a bad year and their currency was down, we could be talking about 5% loss instead of 2.2%
>>
>>44643110

it is pretty fucking obvious. sales are down while their operating currency is stronger, that means they sold less units. and I did not even take into account that the cost of actual units has increased with fucking 60 quids for 3 models kits

want the proof for 1+1=2 too?
>>
>>44643132
that was a shitty meme, but lets be serious Reddit is a better sight. I don't think I need to prove that the people here are scum of the earth.
>>
>>44643244
Who is this asshole trying to prove that GW isn't sucked ass in 2015?
>>
>>44640836
> GW financial report come out, they are down, somehow the drones try to convince people this is a positive

only in the Sigmar thread bros. if you ever had the doubt who are the most delusional on /tg/
>>
>>44643278
>but lets be serious Reddit is a better sight.

Then please do fuck off back there.
>>
>AoS hit and everyone went crazy for it and we murdered each other, then we tried all scenarios and finally a 2 week escalation campaign before everyone just suddenly stopped. From that point on everyone went back to 40k like nothing had happened and anyone who brought it up or went looking for a game of AoS just got blank stares.

>I don't know why I stopped, I did have fun with it but it just felt so... repetitive.
Hit on 3s, wound on 4s.
Try a different army and hit on 3s, wound on 4s.
Army 1 has an ability that allows them to run and charge.
Army 2 has a different named ability that allows them to do the same, why not just make it a universal special rule?

age of shitmar, the successful game
>>
>>44643431

bet this fag didn't use the inverted T formation

WHFB grognards are too primitive for the deep tactical nuances of AOS, like 'the blob' or the inverted T
>>
Don't give a shit about any financial reports. My group plays AoS and has fun. We look forward to more releases.
>>
>>44643278
people are the same, the difference is that here they feel obliged to act like scum of the earth to fit in.
>>
So I'm new to mini wargaming. Do I put together my models first and then prime them, or prime them on the sprues and then put them together?
>>
>>44645101
Opinions differ. Depending on your models you may find some bits are easier to paint if you leave the arms off, such as stuff with missile weapons which obscure the chest. If you do prime on the sprue you'll want to mask all the areas that'll have glue on them, as they won't bond together properly with a layer of paint inbetween the parts. I find it easier to build the models then prime as a result.
>>
>>44645101

the best thing you can do is abandon the current thread, and try this one: >>44600295
>>
>>44645101
The best option to me is inbetween. I will assemble most of it first, but keeping some things off, like shields if they cover parts of the body. Shields can make it difficult to paint details on the body.

So I will paint the shield separate and paint them on later.

>>44645273
Actually the best thread for painting is >>44640248
>>
>>44645273
Kill yourself.

>>44645266
>>44645368
Thanks Anons. I'll keep that in mind. I got a box of Eternal Guard for Christmas that has been sitting here since I wasn't entirely sure how to approach them.

I'll probably keep the shields on the sprue and give them a once over while putting together the rest of the body.
>>
>>44645438
>Kill yourself.

you will fit right into the aos community
>>
>>44645602
Glad to hear it! :^)
>>
>>44645602
>implying saying that is unique to AoS
Newfag spotted!
>>
>>44645438
>I got a box of Eternal Guard for Christmas that has been sitting here since I wasn't entirely sure how to approach them.

https://youtu.be/plUPJ0inN4c?t=510
>>
>>44645654

no, but it unique to spoiled and stupid little kids :^)
>>
>>44645685
Witch elves look pretty cool with blue hair. I'll have to keep that in mind.
>>
>>44645685

ROFL
>>
>>44645685
This video cracks me up everytime. What a fucking emo moron

>death holy death
AHAHAHAHAHA, I bet he played a character named xxdarkslayerxxx in wow or some shit. What a rube.
>>
On a scale of "1" to "really fucking stupid" the new dwarf models look "really fucking stupid"*

*except the drake/dragon things...those look really great
>>
>>44645876
>>
>>44640836

Why are you surprised that the majority of comments from Whineseer and such are garbage?

They're mostly echo chambers seemingly filled with grognards pining for the old days and think what they want and what is good for GW are assuredly one in the same.

They saw nothing wrong with Fantasy being atrocious to get into because they've been playing for years and already put their time in.

They cling to conspiracy theories about specialist games, not even deigning to consider that they just may not have been good sellers in the long term despite their popularity. (I think the possibility of this being true is why FW is being placed in control of specialist games, this allows for a greater amount of malleability. FW is usually open about the future and from their comments about Bloodbowl and the future of other specialist games, nothing is certain. One of the comments could very well be read as saying that a resurgent Bloodbowl won't have a future if it doesn't perform well enough.)

They see a problem with GW diversifying itself and trying to reach a market that doesn't really give a damn about traditional games or views them as a secondary hobby, probably because miniatures games are their main hobby and they can't comprehend it being niche in the grand scheme of things.

For fuck sake, you even had at least one person believing that the Fantasy universe is suddenly a bad licensing prospect because it no longer has a game or something similarly inane. I've a good feeling Vermintide sold not based on Fantasy as a game, but the Fantasy aesthetic and L4D gameplay.

I'd also caution about BaC. The best seller list was apparently based on profit, meaning either it didn't have enough time to sell, sold worst then people believe, or it's easier to sell stuff like Stormsurges and army bundles.
>>
>>44647456

I don't know about you, but personally, I don't recall seeing giant golden homos in sigmarrite armour with sigmar hammers or cities of crystal and mirrors or blood forests in Vermintide. So fuck you if you think you can sit there and try and claim the Fantasy aesthetic as part of AoS, cause honey, they flushed that ALL down the toilet.
>>
>>44647687

Where the fuck did I try to say the Fantasy and AoS aesthetic are the same?

I was just poking hole in the argument I saw someone spout that video game players give a shit about Fantasy as a game and it suddenly not having a game makes it a bad licensing prospect.

Sure GW might not get people buying their games, which probably a decent part of the reason to license, but at least they're getting money out of it.
>>
>>44647456

what does it say about age of sigmar that there were no age of sigmar brand kits in the top 28 bestseller list of the warham app
>>
>>44647456
>They cling to conspiracy theories about specialist games, not even deigning to consider that they just may not have been good sellers in the long term despite their popularity

what conspiracy theory you fucking retard aosdrone, rick motherfucking priestly said this plain and simple

read this you mongrel: http://unpluggedgames.co.uk/features/blood-dice-and-darkness-how-warhammer-defined-gaming-for-a-generation/
>>
>>44647852

DONT FEED THAT FUCKING TROLL RICK PRIESTLY!

RICK PRIESTLY IS A HATER!
>>
>>44647837

That 40k is still king.

>>44647852

He said that, close to a month ago, possibly for the first time in public.

That doesn't change that for years moronic conspiracy theories were spouted on Warseer and Dakka about how GW axed specialist games because they were taking sales away from 40k and Fantasy or other stupid bullshit.

I'll admit though that the idea that they didn't sell well might not hold water and instead FW could be in charge because some part of GW is still too spooked to give the go ahead on solid investment.
>>
File: hatehatehate.jpg (71KB, 720x554px) Image search: [Google]
hatehatehate.jpg
71KB, 720x554px
>>44647852

and who the fuck is this rick priestly? some retard blogger who burnt his army too?
>>
>>44647852
>http://unpluggedgames.co.uk/features/blood-dice-and-darkness-how-warhammer-defined-gaming-for-a-generation/
Kirby is the gigantic end of a massive bell. Good read.
>>
>>44648057
>Posts 9gag meme from a cheap 9gag knockoff
>Doesn't know who Priestly is
>>
>>44648958
Bridge camping troll. Ignore.
>>
So, they will release the last part of Nagash, Mannfred and sigmarines tomorrow. Hope they make prose version someday.
>>
File: 1413994558852.png (90KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1413994558852.png
90KB, 500x500px
>>44649131

Why does Mannfred sound like an effeminate fop but his model has the physique of a roided up wrestler
>>
>>44648958

So are you Whinese or Dakkanese?
>>
Hey guyz. Does anyone have any directions on how to order some chinese? I'm after some OOP FW models. I found Z's cataglogue and one of his older emails (ldknumbersnumbers), wrote him but didn't get an answer..
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQQSp2Cn7uA

DAT MUSIC!
>>
File: 1396135893285.jpg (56KB, 520x610px) Image search: [Google]
1396135893285.jpg
56KB, 520x610px
>>44650977

DEM MODELS
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>44651182
Look at those Dwarven Buttcheeks! Fucking amazing!
>>
>>44650977

Is there one for the Auric Runemaster and Hearthguard Berserkers?
>>
File: bloodbound.jpg (38KB, 673x897px) Image search: [Google]
bloodbound.jpg
38KB, 673x897px
New to the hobby and mini painting. Just got the box set and started painting last night. Here's my first finished Khorne Bloodbound. Any tips or improvements going forward?
>>
>>44652004
Washes are your friends.
>>
>>44652004
Not bad, especially for a new painter. I would suggest picking up a few of the washes/shades that they offer. A pretty common theme in the WIP threads and around these parts is 'grab your agrax earthshade' and generally speaking it's true.

There are several wash paints that are very runny and gather in recesses of the model to add shades and depth of color. Flesh could have one of those, and the horns on his helmet could benefit too. It's a little more natural looking than the leaving a small line of the darker color to make shadows, and a lot easier too.

Another technique to play around with is called drybrushing - it's a pretty fast and easy way to add a lot of good things to a model. Look around for tutorials on youtube.

Realistically, you should be more than happy with how it turned out - I didn't get to that level for a few months, so you don't have too much to worry about
>>
>>44645438
For those ones, you can get away with assembling them entirely except for shields, then painting the shields separately and glueing them on later.
You should take the shields off the sprue though, since you will have to cut them off and remove mould lines at some point, and obviously that will damage the primer, and leave some parts where the sprue used to be unprimed.

Also, as you are a newbie, you may not be aware of what mould lines are. Basically, they are an imperfection that forms where the mould splits in two. Newer models, which the Eternal Guard are, tend to be pretty good and not have all that many, but either way they will have some and you will have to remove them.
They are easy to spot - they are a raised ridge on the model where it shouldn't be, and it normally runs up an entire part of the model. To get rid of it, you can either gently use a file or some sandpaper, or get a hobby knife and gently scrape them away with the blade. If you are using a hobby knife, drag the blade with the sharp end at the back - don't try to go sharp end forward, as you are probably going to damage the model. The mouldlines are a lot weaker than the rest of the model, so you don't have to be rough.
>>
>>44650977

jesus these are even worse than I expected them to be
>>
>>44652494

What is wrong with them?
>>
I don't really get those units, to be perfectly honest. I mean, they look pretty okay (though I might have preferred pants), but their warscrolls are largely junk.
>>44651407
A shooting unit with crap range, shit accuracy and poor melee stats. The snare seems okay at first, but at 15" it'll likely never amount to much.
>>44651459
Need to be fielded in absolutely retarded numbers to stave off the decrease of their save and make the most of them. Dual axes are probably the way to go, since a general reroll instead of the usual reroll of 1s is neat. Considering the unit's numbers spears would be great, though.
>>44651433
Oh hey, will look at those weapon options! Both are pretty damn good and...
>1 Attack
...the fuck?
>>44651376
Wants to operate near the enemy to buff other units, but is absolute garbage in melee and has decidedly mediocre defenses for something bound to attract a lot of arrows.
At least Volcano's call is sorta neat to lock down terrain and make campers nervous.

Overall, as a dwarf player I don't see any reason to field any of these units as of right now in a dwarven throng. Everything they do can be provided better by other units.
That said, I am curious how the overall Fyreslayer army is supposed to play once all the kits are out. Just plain running up and hitting shit obviously won't work, not with those stats...
>>
>>44652647

butts, barefoot, key halberds, helms
>>
>>44650977
I really like the look of those models
>>
>>44652700

So basically Slayers
>>
>>44652700
That's everything that's good of them.

Vulkite Berzerkers can throw their shields like Captain America.
>>
>>44649449
>Why does Mannfred sound like an effeminate fop

Because he is,

>his model has the physique of a roided up wrestler

He's a vampiric monster.
>>
>>44652866

right, except slayers had no helms, no key halberds, and wore pants/shoes

but yeah, I must be hating slayers because I do not like these non-slayer minatures
>>
I mean the helms would be even fine, but not on guys who are otherwise butt naked (oh yeah I'm naked as fuck but lets put a helmet on that will surely protect me!) and not on slayers destroying their glorious hair
>>
>>44651904
Yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxej7m8x2JM
>>
File: 99110205129_SlayersCommandNEW01.jpg (44KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99110205129_SlayersCommandNEW01.jpg
44KB, 600x620px
>>44652866

none of those are slayer characteristics. these are the slayers. the fyrefyghters look nothing like them
>>
File: 124264575.jpg (169KB, 2000x2757px) Image search: [Google]
124264575.jpg
169KB, 2000x2757px
>>44652972

I'll give you pants, but even some of the Slayers didn't wear shoes.

Don't really see what it wrong with the helms since they accentuate the mohawks and the key symbolism ties in with the wind of fire.
>>
>>44652647
Inexpressive faces
Cringe worthy arms anatomy at times
Ridiculous arms-flailing poses
Beards are too symmetric and stiff looking, making them feel unrealistic and in dissonance with the ideally dynamic concept
Retarded weapon concepts for magmapykes and poleaxes-braziers
Decorations are unoriginal and fall to repetitiveness and horror vacui
The units do not even try to feel different from one another apart from the weapon

Still better than stormcasts in most cases
>>
>>44653173

take a closer look at the miniatures, they do not have mohawks. their helms have mohawk-like ornaments

and as I said, I'm fine with the helms, but not on these models and not on slayers generally
>>
>>44650977
>>44653047
Absolutely beautiful
>>
>>44653168
>>44652972
That's because theyre not slayers. Slayers are different. These guys are just another flavor of dwarf clans that worship grimnir instead of grungni. They favor offense over defense, where as grungni dwarfs are different.

They are only slayers in terms of name and partial nudity. Different ideologies too
>>
>>44653168

god bless based chinaman that he still got them. I was waiting on the new slayers, but I guess getting these bad boys now
>>
>>44653257
>In deference and devotion to their fallen god, the Fyreslayers style themselves in his image, marching to war clad in nought but their bare skin, their hair waxed and dyed into elaborate mohawks and their magma-forged blades glittering in heavily-muscled hands.

It's actually their hair.
>>
>>44653320

right, I was answering the guy who said my quarrels are standard slayer characteristics
>>
>>44653362

look at the first video from 1:14

if it is their hair, must be some ursigmar magic, because it is growing from a metal thingy like one foot above their heads

but I guess in age of smegmar that is possible! just use your imagination!
>>
>>44653257

Pretty damn sure those are mohawks, even mentioned on GW's website.

Honestly the only problem I'm seeing is the same fucking problem people bring up with every other GW release, it's not just the same exact shit as before so it's not liked.

If you can't see the similarities and have the gall to claim they don't look like the old Slayers then you need to get your eyes fucking checked.

Also one thing I've noticed with these old Slayer pictures is how the beards are so obviously used so as to not have to sculpt any frontal anatomy.
>>
File: nothair.jpg (68KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
nothair.jpg
68KB, 1366x768px
>>44653486

pretty damn sure that then the sculptors are terrible, because hair doesn't grow like this

don't care what shit the intern wrote, these are not mohawks but plumes
>>
>>44653453
Or maybe there're holes in the helmet?
>>
>>44619501
>Please ignore the haters and troll posts
>p-plz no bully s-senpai, muh age of hasbro action figures for grown up virgins is so deep and satisfying
The threads are capable of surviving because you're a fucking shill and if you're not getting paid to spam this garbage you should be. No other general on the whole fucking site has to say shit like this in the OP.

Only about 50 people ever post in smegmar generals posting the same nonsense over and over and I assume that's the same 5 shills, 5 neckbeards who can't handle that their collections are worthless and 40 people who used to love warhammer wandering in every few months amazed that anyone can keep up the pretence.
>>
>>44653486
>Also one thing I've noticed with these old Slayer pictures is how the beards are so obviously used so as to not have to sculpt any frontal anatomy.

yeah, because those are 20 years old metal figures, before you were born. still absolutely destroying the new slayers
>>
>>44653546

As much as it was implausible that the original Slayers could get their ridiculous mohawks to stay up and therefore a good idea to have them supported by helmets like those now worn, this anon is right about the sculpts pushing the suspension of disbelief on that theory. They just don't line up right.
>>
>>44653571

or maybe you need to get your eyes checked >>44653546
>>
>>44647456
>They saw nothing wrong with Fantasy being atrocious to get into because they've been playing for years and already put their time in.
Your post is an exacerbated exaggeration, but this is plain wrong.
>>
>>44620455
Just imagine if those models had an actual game to go with them, it would be pretty sweet.
>>
>>44653031

that's my issue too. I love those helms, and they could look very good in a heavy-armored fire themed dwarf infantry. just don't add up on these models
>>
>>44653653
You're probably right because I'm not seeing your point, how does a metal part that could as well have a slit to let hair pass in somehow prove that those are not their actual hair?
>>
>>44653647

People need to learn how to read.
>>In deference and devotion to their fallen god, the Fyreslayers style themselves in his image, marching to war clad in nought but their bare skin, their hair waxed and dyed into elaborate mohawks and their magma-forged blades glittering in heavily-muscled hands.
>their hair waxed and dyed into elaborate mohawks
>waxed
>>
>>44653857
I can read fuck stain. All I said is that the sculpts represent this poorly.
>>
>>44653857
but wax melts in heat, you goof.

Oh wait, it's uh... Ur-Wax. there we go.
>>
File: helpingoutretards.jpg (105KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
helpingoutretards.jpg
105KB, 1366x768px
>>44653833

pretty sure you are a troll but here, placed a hint on the picture

>>44653857
>but anon, here they clearly write the sky is red, I don't care what my eyes show me!!!
>>
>>44653601

Doesn't change that without the beards their bodies may look atrocious and may have been the reason for the beards being so long in the first place.

The Slayer GW released with the last Dwarf army book actually has anatomy and that doesn't look too different from the Fyreslayers.

>>44653681

Oh? Everything I've read gives the impression that the vocal Fantasy players left are not young pups that came in with 8th Edition. They're people who came into Fantasy early in their lives and a decent portion of them are at least in their mid-30s to early 40s. They had years to build up their armies and editions that made starting small feasible.

8th Edition's standards for starting an army were atrocious and the people willing to only play 2000+ games exacerbated it. If this or something like it wasn't the case then Fantasy wouldn't have been on life support before the plug got pulled.
>>
>>44653047

the flail-halberd challenges the khorne dude for the 'most idiotic weapon' award
>>
>>44653948
>hair cannot bend
You sure you're right, m8?
>>
File: trollslayer[1995].png (83KB, 210x217px) Image search: [Google]
trollslayer[1995].png
83KB, 210x217px
>>44653951
>Doesn't change that without the beards their bodies may look atrocious and may have been the reason for the beards being so long in the first place.

good god the delusion is through the roof

are you really this stupid believing that GW could not sculpt frontal torsos in the 90's? Bet the elves had big beards to hide dem torsos too right!

attached a model from 1995
>>
>>44653857
>In deference and devotion to their fallen god, the Fyreslayers style themselves in his image, marching to war clad in nought but their bare skin
>clad in nought but their bare skin
>nought but their bare skin

this source is obviously wrong, they wear helmets and pteruges
>>
>>44654049

I really love the new figs, but these along with no facial expressions and some really bland poses really irk me.
>>
>>44654190
>fyreslayers: the last hairbenders
>>
>>44654296
>pteruges

I learned a word today
>>
>>44654329

when you think aosfags can't get any more stupid

never underestimate this thread!
>>
>>44654359
It's funny that people don't know that hair bends.
>>
>>44654190

ofc. don't forget to add that the point values are on the back of the warscrolls, and the centurios mustache is there, just invisible to confuse the enemy
>>
>>44653951
Without going through your continuous generalizations, the fact that many veterans have big armies allowing them to play a game with a difficult entry cost is in no way linked to them not considering the entry cost a problem of the game for newcomers.

The limits on the minimum army size for an optimal game imposed by 8th edition (and the rise of prices per model) are the most discussed and universally recognized problems by both newcomers and old grognards.

Why would a veteran with a big army, likely built to try everything, play the 8th edition with a smaller army forcing him to a less interesting game? You cannot force them to, you cannot blame them for it if they preferred another type of game they had the possibility to already have; really, you just seem like looking for an excuse to make the ones not agreeing with the choice you made necessarily sound like the bad guys because you feel attacked.

I've literally never seen, read or heard of someone implying the entry cost and the rules not favoring lower points games enough were not problems of 8th ed.
>>
>>44654606
>Why would a veteran with a big army, likely built to try everything, play the 8th edition with a smaller army forcing him to a less interesting game? You cannot force them to, you cannot blame them for it if they preferred another type of game they had the possibility to already have; really, you just seem like looking for an excuse to make the ones not agreeing with the choice you made necessarily sound like the bad guys because you feel attacked.
In our defense most of the players doing the attacking are that type. Of course that's more generalization.

I got into the game around 7th and built up a sizeable army, then left because whfb just wasn't the game for me. I always loved the minis and story, but the game I found dull and bloated. After AoS hit I find myself dusting off my old Dwarfs and loving it.

It's all a matter of different play styles, like you said. AoS caters to a different type of player than whfb did (see Timmy and Johnny discussion a few threads back).

You have to understand that we finally get a game that speaks to us and we can appreciate, and constantly bombarded on all sides by people ridiculing it and us. Forgive us for acting defensive sometimes.

Many just want a place to discuss the game with other player, not constantly defend why we like it.
>>
>>44654440

It's time to stop posting and start touching your hair, anon, you will learn it's not difficult to make them assume many shapes, especially with the use of chemical or physical supports.
>>
>>44654606

You could really fool me.

I've read more bellyaching then I probably should have and all I ever saw was prices prices prices, which personally for me was not the main problem and only salt in the wound. The main problem was having to paint so many damn models, usually old and sometimes bad looking ones at that, because I liked another models or models. These people gave the impression that they saw nothing wrong with fielding 30-40 models a unit, price and the number of models you got was seemingly the real problem in their view.

This was even further backed up by people complaining that they didn't like AoS because it wasn't mass battle, that they wanted a mass battle game, were there any other mass battle games.

All gives the impression of people who can't comprehend that someone might want to do something else with their time besides model and paint, that they may have other interests. Obviously they don't like paying high prices either and so that gets latched onto as a reason why Fantasy isn't attracting new players.

Why shouldn't I feel a little annoyed when I find something of possible interest only to learn it's seemingly lorded over by people with nothing better to do but paint toy soldiers in their entire spare time? Especially after looking somewhat thoroughly into 40k where such a problem was non-existent, even with so called horde armies like Orks, Tyranids, or Imperial Guard.

I don't think this is limited to myself either, games with small armies where time can be devoted to each and every figure (Which was another problem of sorts, being stuck with either the relatively quick and half assed approach or the detailed and time consuming approach that tons of models cause.) if the person so chooses have been on the rise. Not sure you can really say its entirely price either since it could be argued that games charge much more per model than GW does.
>>
>>44654780
I get the feeling half this thread has forgotten that it is well documented that the celts dyed and posed their hair with this horrible shit they made to make them look scarier.
I mean, if the Celts could make hair gel to keep their hair looking ridiculous, then surely the Dwarfs can.
>>
>>44652004
you could try the WIP general for better advice on painting/modelling
>>
File: sprue.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
sprue.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>44654780

is this a troll or are you really this stupid?

so take a look at the miniature. you are insisting that there is a tiny hole in the helmet, where the fyrefyghters first bend their hair through, and after that they wax it that it exactly looks like as if it was growing out from the metal dragon head a foot above their heads, and a foot in front of where they bend the hair through the tiny hole

not to mention that there is no hole at all in the sprue (see pic), have you heard of occam's razor? not the shadows6 this time

let's go with the obvious: either the sculptor or the fluff writer fucked it up, instead of the bullshit hairbending process I described above. tho I am pretty sure I would hear arguments from you about the sky being red if you had to defend GW so really don't put much hope into your mental processes

>>44654923

pretty sure I know more about celts than you. they used lime and clay by the way, and did not use it with helms, because they are not utterly stupid. in fact the guys who used clay for their hair were sacred warriors who did not wear any armor just a shield
>>
>>44655299
>pretty sure I know more about celts than you. they used lime and clay by the way, and did not use it with helms, because they are not utterly stupid. in fact the guys who used clay for their hair were sacred warriors who did not wear any armor just a shield

I think I should congratulate you on managing to simply confirm my point while making yourself look like a presumptuous cunt, especially as that tidbit of information is common knowledge. I just brought up the fact that hair styling is a fucking thing.
>>
>>44655414

confirmed your point? no, showed you why your point does not apply in this case

feel free to show me a single fucking culture where they bent their hair through helmet holes then waxed them

oh right, you can't, because back in the day there weren't people as moronic as you and your ilk
>>
>>44655414

quantum physics is a thing too

maybe the dwarfs quantum leapt their hair through a miniature black hole that is inside their helmet and connected it with the other side that is right above their helmet?
>>
>>44655578
So what you are saying is that it is physically impossible to apply wax to hair after it has been through a hole in a helmet?
Either of these things on their own is fine, but combining the two is somehow less believable than their magical body piercings and giant fire lizard friends?
>>
>>44653948

I mean after this pic people are really taking the baits that what we see here is not a plume but ancient dwarf hairbending techniques and try to argue against them?

lulz, people are falling for 0/10 things these days
>>
>>44655631
>So what you are saying is that it is physically impossible to apply wax to hair after it has been through a hole in a helmet?
>to apply wax to hair after it has been through a hole in a helmet?
>wax to hair after it has been through a hole in a helmet

I hope the dwarfs aren't half as stupid as this guy, otherwise they are doomed
>>
>>44655624
Don't be stupid, they obviously use miniature realmgates
>>
File: images (4).jpg (7KB, 249x202px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
7KB, 249x202px
>>44655631
>So what you are saying is that it is physically impossible to apply wax to hair after it has been through a hole in a helmet?
>>
File: elfkek.png (79KB, 220x175px) Image search: [Google]
elfkek.png
79KB, 220x175px
>>44655688
>ancient dwarf hairbending techniques

alright this was pretty good
>>
>>44655770
>>44655734
In my defence, I didn't say it was a good idea, just that it was possible.

I didn't even want to get into the weird hair bending argument since I figured if they did go the "hole in a helmet" route, it would a slit so it didn't have to bend all that much, since the helmets seem to be more decorative than practicable anyway.
>>
>>44619937
That's actually the theme of the army I'm building. I'll be rather disappointed if a new Be'lakor model comes out, but then I could just have two.
>>
>>44655299
So yeah that leaked sprue is definitely not the auric runemaster. I am guessing we have at least another hero coming!
>>
File: IMG_20160109_114639.jpg (630KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160109_114639.jpg
630KB, 1920x1080px
Are these you stormcast?

... teal stormcast test model next.
>>
>>44657510
>Are these you stormcast?
Well, they're not mine, so I'm guessing they're yours?
>>
>>44657372
There were rumors of at least 2 more heroes
>>
>>44650977
It's from the Dawn of War 2 OST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKOfoV3D7TU&list=PLA8C3EBCB072172D9&index=7
>>
>>44650977
Dat music?

That's Dow 2 music. What laziness.
>>
>>44659980
Why not right? They own the music so they might as well use it.
>>
>>44661881
It's 40K music with a sci-fi spacey feel.
>>
>>44660425
>Why don't they compose their own music to advertise some plastic models.

pls anon
>>
>>44662328
They have the money for it. At least they should have taken the Dwarfen or fantasy music from Age of Reckoning or any fantasy game.

Fucking fantasyfags. They took our Space Marines and now they want our music.
>>
>>44662339
I want your memes too. 40k memes are objectively higher quality.
>>
>>44655299
>using occam's razor to disregard a proposition.
You really are stupid.
Next time you will tell me dorfs don't shit because they didn't sculpt assholes on them.
>>
>>44661908

pretty fitting for dwarf marines
>>
>>44662451

no, they are bending their shit, stupid anon
>>
I see general is still good
>>
>>44653047
>>44650977
These have to be some of the worst faces GW has produced in this decade
>>
>>44655299
Your point is that none would possibly be so reckless to wax their hair in preparation for a battle after passing them trough a slit in a helmet when these same guys go in said battles practically naked and smite gold in their own flesh?
Are you serious?
Is it stupid to wax hair after passing them trough a helmet? It doesn't matter when they are repeatedly mentioned those are their hair.
Is it possible to wax hair after passing them trough a helmet? Yes, that's all we need.

If GW said that the sky is red, then the sky is fucking red in their story.

Occam's razor doesn't work they way you're using it.
>>
>>44662568

Here's your (you)
>>
aos fans have reached a new low of stupidity
>>
>>44619501
Aelves when?
>>
>>44663089
Shitposting has reached a new level of fucking idiocy.
>>
File: big_572.jpg (29KB, 705x390px) Image search: [Google]
big_572.jpg
29KB, 705x390px
>>44636210
>Titan Forge miniatures
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to use pic related as an Iron warrior chaos thunderfirecannon.
>>
>>44664948
Will you write a review?

>>44663982
According to the rumor, aelf will show up this year.
>>
>>44665227
>According to the rumor, aelf will show up this year.
Do we have any idea which ones?
>>
>>44665241

aelves centurion squad, and the devastator box
>>
>>44664873

shitbending, not shitposting, keep up with the new dorfs
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 56

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.