[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something something Chinese nuclear fusion Something someth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: 1455023701-nuclear.jpg (122KB, 800x362px) Image search: [Google]
1455023701-nuclear.jpg
122KB, 800x362px
Something something Chinese nuclear fusion

Something something 50 million degrees for 100 seconds.

Discuss.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/infrastructure/a19350/chinese-east-fusion-reaction-sustains-102-second-plasma-blast/
>>
Either Germans and Chinese are going to be the first to have unlimited free energy within our lifetimes. Whoever wins we lose.
>>
>>7848100
>Whoever wins we lose.

I'm fine with a fourth reich to be honest.
germans are extremely efficient.

If I have to live in a distopian world, it better be perfectly organized, respect sciences and engineering, and have blondes and beers as values.
>>
>>7848103
>If I have to live in a distopian world, it better be perfectly organized
A perfectly organized world could only be seen as dystopian if you are a non-german.
>>
>>7848103
>>>/pol/
Germans will be very efficient with raping your mom, satisfying their scat fetish and killing your fat ass.

>>7848088
I'll be laughing really fucking hard if the Chings get 1:1 before ITER.

I don't know if I should be annoyed because they fell for the tokamak meme or happy because the fusion race is on.
Anyway it's gonna be interesting.
>>
>>7848136
>satisfying their scat fetish
you mean MY scat fetish
>>
>>7848103
Anon senpai that sounds like a utopia not distopia. Especially the blondes
>>
I despise the Chinese so much.
>>
>>7848233
So do I and I'm not sure why. Every time I see one I say to my self now there is a person who likes to be despised and I start disliking the despite my best efforts not to
>>
>>7848088
>According to the South China Morning Post
>According to China
Sorry, but I'll put more faith in this when someone from outside verifies it.
China has a history of embellishing facts.
>>
>>7848103
Laughed so hard, then packed my bags, Frankfurt here i come.
>>
Dr Angela Merkel is a physical chemist.
>>
>Other reactors of its design have a hard time maintaining plasma of this temperature for 20 seconds before a reactor meltdown starts to be a concern, much less a minute and 42.

In other words, all they did was ignore safety and kept their hands off the kill switch....

The trick is still sustained temperatures and converting that to energy.... beyond 2050..
>>
File: JETs-fusion-reactor-007.jpg (263KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
JETs-fusion-reactor-007.jpg
263KB, 1200x720px
>>7848088
Not wanting to diminish their work but...

>https://www.iter.org/sci/BeyondITER
Tore Supra in France : 6.5 minutes.

Also, can't find the Chinese paper, but I'm pretty sure they didn't break the yield record held by JET, simply because of JET's big fucking size.
>>
>>7848663
this. only yurop can into fusion. japan is honorary member.
>>
>>7848103
Brit here. Fuck you, Germany is already spreading their unwelcome tentacles in the form of fiddling with our immigration laws. Krauts stay in kraut land.
>>
>>7848381
Salty white man detected.
>>
if it was 50 million degrees why didn't the earth melt? You would think the earth would melt considering the sun is only a few million celsius. I'm gonna call bullshit on this
>>
Wish I was smart enough to be a part of this
>>
>>7850275
Me too.
>>
>>7850275
>>7850282
You just need a good analogy. That'll restore your confidence and self-worth.
>>
B-but it is made in China...
>>
I'm keeping an eye on the fusion scene, it has gotten fucking nuts the last 2 years or so,you have some serious players in the ring now, Lockheed Martin have a massive boner for fusion because it's a defense company dream, you can make all your own energy in house and make the regulators love your ass for zero emissions. Also, ships that can harvest their own fuel from sea water and planes that can fly for years at a time.
>>
>>7848088
fake and gay
>>
>>7849335
>if it was 50 million degrees why didn't the earth melt?
they use magnetic fields to contain the plasma

it's like a few grams in a 1 cube km "room
>>
>>7850423
>fusion on a plane
Will never happen for the same reason why nuclear planes never happened. too heavy and the public doesn't like to see nuclear reactors flying around. This reminds me FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T CALL THIS NUCLEAR POWER. For the sake of publicity scientist should agree to drop the term "nuclear" from nuclear fusion in order to prevent it going the same way that nuclear fission did with the public. It's been done before. Nuclear magnetic resonance imagers dropped the nuclear prefix and are now widely known as "MRI" machines in order to make the public less iffy about going into one.
>>
>>7850450
public a shit
>>
if any assholes are going to create a black hole it's these ones.
>>
>>7849297
Other Brit here, they let you out of the hospital on a day pass or what? You contribute nothing but show everyone the poison and bile that is inside your head - I hope you can live with it.
>>
>>7848233
It's the Chinese/East Asian century -- deal with it.
>>
>>7848296
???
The South China Morning Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch... just like 90% of the world's "News" media...
>>
>>7848088
>be UK
>get rid of all Coal plants
>get rid of all Nuclear power plants
>get rid of renewable energy plants cause "no money for investment"
>make the whole country dependant on shale gas
>mfw

I guess i should have expected this considering I live in Britainistan
>>
>>7850668
>Brit here
Nice try Hess, I hope the reactor blows up and takes all you Nazis to hell with it.
>>
>>7850328
What do you mean?
>>
What are the chances that we'll be seeing working fusion reactors in our life time? Are there any huge insurmountable obstacles I'm not aware of?
>>
>>7851472
>What are the chances that we'll be seeing working fusion reactors in our life time?
High. ITER will reach ignition, there's no doubt about it. It's large enough for that, by a great margin. The technology (plasma-facing materials, etc) is so advanced that it take a shitload of time to develop, but other than that fusion works. After ITER comes DEMO, which will actually put electricity into the grid.
Are there any huge insurmountable obstacles I'm not aware of?
No. To be quite honest, the hardest part will be the the EU doesn't disband because of retarded nationalists.

People see delays in the construction of ITER -and also distrust whatever has "nuclear" in it like the retards they are- and then blame it on the physics of fusion, again like the retards they are, but fusion does work and we're getting pretty good at understanding it.
>>
>>7851472

100% and no.
>>
File: 1444314934704.png (46KB, 311x153px) Image search: [Google]
1444314934704.png
46KB, 311x153px
>>7851511
>nationalists
>retarded
>>
>>7851511
whats wrong with nationalists ? and why do you stay there if you don't like your nation ?
>>
>>7851511
>the hardest part will be the the EU doesn't disband because of retarded nationalists.
Well judging by these posts
>>7849297
>>7850668
>>7850753
Fusion is gonna fail.
>>
>>7851511
>the hardest part will be the the EU doesn't disband because of retarded nationalists.

That's right it's the nationalists fault, not the globalists who have systematically fucked the EU population to the point where I'm surprised it's only Britain wanting to leave. But ignoring that ITER is a project that would survive the break up of the EU, a bit like CERN and the ESA, ultimately all they care about is if you're willing to fund them. If you are then you're welcome aboard. Unless I've missed something and Israel and Norway have become part of the EU.
>>
>>7852150
Ackchually Israel is in Eurovision and the European football championship. Why, I have no idea, perhaps we adopted them because Asia doesn't want them.
>>
>>7852184
>Ackchually Israel is in Eurovision and the European football championship.

And that's my point (although those two European institutions are more tangential. Neither Israel nor Norway are members of the EU, yet they're welcome to participate in both CERN and the ESA solely because they are willing to fund it.
>>
>>7852205
Excatly, "we need the EU" is German cuck lies.
>>
the /pol/ification of 4chan is really tragic.
>>
File: Teladi1.jpg (10KB, 251x193px) Image search: [Google]
Teladi1.jpg
10KB, 251x193px
>mfw that means jumpgates will happen

I'm so hyped

Btw, for whoever doesn't know what I'm talking about:
http://www.argonopedia.org/wiki/Timeline
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at/wiki/index.php/Timeline
>>
>>7852278
This
>>
>>7852150
How's high school going?
>>
>>7852076
Well i love my nation, that's why i don't want to see some kremlin-funded nutjobs to fuck it up. Hence I despise nationalism and I very much pro-EU, just like ANY scientist in Europe.
>>
>>7848088
It's fake, they just made it up to not seem like chumps compared to the Germans, mark my words.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.