[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the nail in the coffin of the flat earth model?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 24

File: flat-earth.jpg (17KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
flat-earth.jpg
17KB, 600x396px
What's the nail in the coffin of the flat earth model?
>>
Satellites
>>
Evidence.
>>
inexistent edges of the earth
day-night cycle
inexistent source of gravity
improbable layers of earth
>>
>>7838087
ad hominem attacks
>>
>>7838088
But the satellites you see are apparently just holograms
>>
>>7838087

The fact that the theory says it's circular. If you begin from the centre and travel in any direction, you'd eventually meet the edge.
>>
I think the earth is one repeating plane.
>>
I thought it would be the fact that you can observe Jupiter's moons around it, in orbit. That's only possible with gravity, which they claim doesn't exist.
>>
Proof the earth is not moving in any way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69Tu0R0xrZw
>>
>>7838092
How would GPS work? Television? Phones?
>>
If the Earth was flat, it would be incredibly easy to prove. Just charter a private jet to fly past the location you believe to be the edge. It's very possible to get a flight across Antarctica from Australia to south America for example
>>
>>7838122
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cf_bNnohDc
>>
Vasco da Gamma
>>
>>7838087

Youtube shutting down.
>>
File: figure1a.gif (342KB, 1243x715px) Image search: [Google]
figure1a.gif
342KB, 1243x715px
>>7838087
Shipping lanes
>>
>>7838087
The flat holo earth
>>
>>7838087

How would satellites work? They would need to somehow travel in circles overhead instead of orbiting around the disc
>>
>>7838561
underrated
>>
Lack of evidence for it.
>>
>>7838087
Where's the edge?
>>
File: Werner_projection_SW.jpg (121KB, 640x642px) Image search: [Google]
Werner_projection_SW.jpg
121KB, 640x642px
>>7838087
<<<<< this
Everybody knows the Earth is a heart

EARTH >
HEART

Q.E.D.
>>
Gravity. Tides. Eclipses. The South Pole. Observable transit of interior planets. Basically middle school science...
>>
>>7838756
butt earth :^)
>>
>>7838087
Lack of elephants and giant sea turtle under us.
>>
>>7838087
Probably the fact that when you climb to the top of any tall building, you can't see the other side of the world with a telescope.
>>
>>7840301
This. If there was a building high enough, you could see the back of your head through a telescope. No matter the direction you look. The only explanation for this is the earth being round.
>>
>>7838087
Sunrises and sunsets. If the world was flat, the sun would rise across all of it at once rather than parts of it at a time.
>>
>>7840867
>If there was a building high enough, you could see the back of your head through a telescope
euuuhhmmm,.... wut?!?
>>
>>7838087
2 toilets
>>
>>7838097
Here is the edge, it's called Antarctica.
>>
File: Flat_earth.jpg (31KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
Flat_earth.jpg
31KB, 498x498px
>>7838754
Antarctica.
>>
File: spherecuck.jpg (191KB, 1305x892px) Image search: [Google]
spherecuck.jpg
191KB, 1305x892px
round earth is a meme
Anybody who thinks the earth is a sphere is a retard
>>
>>7841891
Explain me this

Are you just memeing, or do you believe
>>
>>7841986
>go to the science board of a neo-Nazi website for mentally ill teenagers
>act surprised when they believe in a bunch of insane conspiracy theories
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 218x231px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 218x231px
>>7841881
nu-uh
>>
What difference would it make if the earth was flat, or a sphere? I can understand the fish-eyed lens debacle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvkGQVuNPsY
This world is huge irregardless if you want it flat or round. I just know for a fact I am in preference to the sphere, and I suck reptilian cocks.
>>
>>7838087
The fact that every single one of these threads devolves into shitposting about Illuminati Jews in lieu of actual evidence.
>>
>>7842000
Why do you think a computer drawing is evidence for a ball Earth?

Here is a computer drawing for a dragon, would you say this is evidence for dragons?
>>
>>7838097

I mean technically speaking if you start anywhere and walk in any direction you will always hit an edge
>>
>>7842887
No because a dragon would not live in a frozen climate because they are cold blooded and the lack of sun in addition to the brutal cold itself would kill them extremely quickly.
>>
>>7842887
Wouldn't a computer generated image a flat earth lay things out?

I know dragons are real, it's just that they went extinct like the unicorns after people kept stealing their eggs. The unicorns died out after over-population and lacking snd natural predators and a sub-species of inter-galatic pegasus left earth for who knows what reason.
>>
>>7838087
All the arguments for a flat earth are debunked.

The arguments for a round earth are not.
>>
File: sunsticks22.jpg (35KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sunsticks22.jpg
35KB, 1200x1200px
>>7838087
Literally sticks
In a flat earth model if you put 2 sticks in the ground at the same angle 20 miles away they would have the same angular shadow.
Also circles don't have just one edge.
>>
>>7841876
>>7841881
Tell me how Antarctica is the only edge on a circle.
>>
>>7841876
How is that the edge if the world doesn't end there ?
>>
>>7842946
>f you put 2 sticks in the ground at the same angle 20 miles away they would have the same angular shadow

Only if the sun is infinitely far away.
>>
>>7842949
>Tell me how Antarctica is the only edge on a circle.

He showed you a picture of how...
>>
>>7842955
An ice wall surrounding the continents would be a big fucking deal. An extraordinary claim, if you will. Plus, you'd be able to see it from Africa in the pic. Which you can't. You literally squished all the continents to fit your model,when their distances have been measured.
As for the ice wall, wow, an ice wall! It's almost like Antarctica is really fucking big! Wonder why it's a continent.....
Also, you can see Russia from Alaska.
>>7842954
If it were any closer the experiment wouldn't work. Your model says it's closer. It works. And what do you mean infinitely far away? It might as well be infinite, sure, but we both know it isn't.
>>
angles if you make a triangle between places really far away from each other won't add up to 180
>>
>>7841990
I though this was a Japanese culture site?
>>
>>7838756
<3
>>
>>7842974
>An ice wall surrounding the continents would be a big fucking deal.

Of course it's a big deal. It keeps the ocean in!

>Plus, you'd be able to see it from Africa in the pic.

You can't see hundreds of miles through the air.

>when their distances have been measured.

Measured how, and by whom? Why do you believe everything you're told?

>As for the ice wall, wow, an ice wall! It's almost like Antarctica is really fucking big! Wonder why it's a continent.....

Don't know what your point is.

>Also, you can see Russia from Alaska.

Sarah pls.
>>
File: tbajebloe08f2kqlfkts.jpg (275KB, 2391x1867px) Image search: [Google]
tbajebloe08f2kqlfkts.jpg
275KB, 2391x1867px
>>7838087
Compasses
>North is towards the north pole, South is towards the south pole

How does a flat earth explain the magnetic field? Circular Earth: Spinning Iron Core creates magnetic field, Flat Earth: Spinning Flat Disc? Doesn't work Rod through the center? Magnetic field would be weaker Away from the center. Also, Aurora, just in general.

>Pictures from space
>We sent satellites into space and took pictures of the Earth Rotating because we can.

According to Flat Earthers, these all must be fake, and anything that requires 10s to 100s of thousands of people keeping a secret. Especially a really big secret just doesn't work.

>Horizon
The horizon is visible from beaches, and boats disappear over it. In the Flat Earth Model, boats would get smaller, but if you had binoculars or a telescope, you could still see them. Instead ships disappear hull first, followed by sails. Flat Earther's claim this is atmospheric distortions, but if you take out binoculars, you cannot see the ship. Similarly, as you drive along say I-80 in the US, the mountain tops appear first.
>>
>>7842929
Dragons can keep themselves warm with their breath of fire.
>>
>>7842931
But flat earthers understand that a computer generated image is only a model, not evidence. But ball earthers use computer generated images as evidence for ball earth.
>>
>>7842953
It just kind of fades out gradually.
>>
>>7843030
Not in the photo it doesn't.
>>
By your powers combined I am captain planet...
>>
>>7843018
>How does a flat earth explain the magnetic field?

>Circular Earth: Spinning Iron Core creates magnetic field

I'd be willing to bet quite a lot that you don't have a good idea of why a spinning ball would create a magnetic field. Let alone have an explanation for why magnetic north is NOT at the north pole, which even ball earthers are forced to admit.

, Flat Earth: Rod through the center? Not a "rod" and not through the center (which it doesn't have to be in a flat earth, unlike a ball earth!), but yes, a large ferromagnetic deposit deep under northern Canada.

>Magnetic field would be weaker Away from the center.

It is. Which again, even ball earthers admit. It seems like you're not that familiar with your own theory, but you still just blindly accept it because your teacher said so.
>>
>>7843016
It would be visible. It isn't. Probably because it's not there.
>You can't see hundreds of miles through the air
With your eyes, maybe. Telescopes exist.
>Measured how
Borders?
And by whom
The people who made the borders? Because arable or useful land is hard to come by, and you'd want to know how much you have?
>Do you believe everything you're told?
When you can back it up yes. Do you believe everything you're told? Because this implies that no one has seen Antarctica. When you can fly over it.
>Don't know what your point is
The poinf is showing me an ice wall to the horizon doesn't really prove anything when you're looking at the edge of a continent.
>Sarah pls
So you're saying you can't?
>>
If the Earth revolves when you jump why do you land in the exact place you jumped from, and not next to it, as the Earth should've rotated under your feet?
>>
>>7843079
kek
>>
>>7843059
>I'd be willing to bet quite a lot that you don't have a good idea of why a spinning ball would create a magnetic field. Let alone have an explanation for why magnetic north is NOT at the north pole, which even ball earthers are forced to admit.

Yes wonderful. The north pole isn't magnetic north because the tilt of the Earth's Axis of rotation. The iron core creates a magnetic field due to heat currents, essentially. Flowing Iron generates the magnetic field as heat is conducted from the center of the Earth.
> Not a "rod" and not through the center (which it doesn't have to be in a flat earth, unlike a ball earth!), but yes, a large ferromagnetic deposit deep under northern Canada.
>It is. Which again, even ball earthers admit. It seems like you're not that familiar with your own theory.

Weaker at the Equator, but close at similar latitudes, the force is roughly equal to the cosine of the distance from the magnetic north pole. In your model, as pictured, the force in Northern Russia would be about the same as the force in Brazil, which is demonstrably false. Also, a deposit, by itself doesn't create a magnetic field, so no, that doesn't work.
>>
File: 1454889464110.jpg (74KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
1454889464110.jpg
74KB, 498x498px
>>7843096
Forgot pic. Blue dot, roughly, magnetic north, Purple dots, roughly, same latitude on the flat earth model from magnetic north, would have the same force from the magnetic field, they do not.
>>
the whole shadow thing in alexandria from carl sagan's cosmos.

like for fucks sake, people who believe in flat earth are pathetic
>>
>>7843100
Also, also, just since I was thinking about it, flat-anon here hasn't explained the Southern Hemisphere Aurora. A Deposit in Canada (given that it works like the Iron Ball model), in a flat model, would cause the Northern Aurora, but the southern Aurora, would be on the Underside of the planet (which flat earthers never talk about, what is on the underside?), as the magnetic field lines would pass directly through the crust at the pole. However the Southern Lights exist, which would require a second deposit of some kind, and would create a bunch of interfering magnetic field lines.
>>
>>7843096
>The north pole isn't magnetic north because the tilt of the Earth's Axis of rotation.

Lol nope.
>>
>>7843125
>However the Southern Lights exist, which would require a second deposit of some kind, and would create a bunch of interfering magnetic field lines.

It's hilarious how poorly you understand magnetism, given it's the entire basis for your ball earth nonsense.
>>
>>7843151
Yes, actually. The magnetic north pole is caused by changes in the Earths core due to the wobble of the Earth's axis, it shifts over time (another thing the deposit model doesn't predict) due to conduction currents which are altered due to the angle of the axis shifting. The magnetic south pole is off axis due to the density of the core not being evenly distributed, again due to the tilt of the axis shifting over time.
>>
File: force lines.png (30KB, 1051x363px) Image search: [Google]
force lines.png
30KB, 1051x363px
>>7843158
That's good, draw a picture of the force lines of a magnetic pole which causes both the northern and southern lights, without causing overlap in the magnetic fields. Would it look roughly, like this? What happens when the magnetic fields (with the same direction of force) overlap? They add, so the force at some points would be the sum of the two magnetic fields.
>>
>>7843163
>Yes, actually.

No, really not.
>>
>>7838087
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_zone
>>
>>7843182

The field lines at the pole and around the rim don't point in the same direction, you dolt.
>>
>>7843207
>>7843201
Amazing arguments. I'm convinced.
>>
>>7843207
Thats true, for compasses to work the south pole deposit (which exists to create the southern aurora) must be upside down. Which means that the magnetic field cancels at a point equidistant from both. So, on your model, there must be a spot where there is no magnetic field and compasses don't work, roughly half way between Canada and Austrailia.
>>
Gravity
/thread
>>
>>7843233

Lol, that's not how magnets work. If it worked that way, the same thing would be true of the ball earth.
>>
File: more force lines.png (17KB, 553x364px) Image search: [Google]
more force lines.png
17KB, 553x364px
>>7843269
Ball Earth works like this, no interference, because only a north and south pole (even if they aren't on the same axis, force lines come out one pole and go in the other). Flat Earth requires two separate magnetic poles, otherwise the Southern Lights don't exist, which is what causes interference.
>>
>>7843287

Force lines come out of the pole and goin the rim. How is that hard to understand? There's no such thing as "interference" - field lines are just an abstraction for visualizing the directionof the field. They can't point in different directions at the same location.
>>
>>7843294
Okay, if that is true, what causes the Aurora? The Aurora here: >>7843182 and >>7843287 are caused by the magnetic force lines going in at the poles.

If you're talking like pic related, then the aurora would only exist on the edge, and requires a rod going from one end to the other.
>>
>>7843305

No you idiot, the field lines come up out of the ground at the pole and go into the ground at the rim. Just look at your picture of the ball earth, and imagine a cross section at the equator.
>>
>>7843333
So, this; >>7843100 which is force field viewed top down, and still doesn't account for the southern lights, without being this: >>7843182

Magnetic force fields come from the poles and form ellipsoids, which will be smaller close to a small deposit. If you want northern and southern lights, a rod between Canada and Austrailia is required. But please, if I'm misunderstanding what you're describing, illustrate it for us.
>>
File: flat earth magnetic field.png (8KB, 516x291px) Image search: [Google]
flat earth magnetic field.png
8KB, 516x291px
>>7843333
>>7843305

Here, I even drew you a picture.
>>
File: 1454889464110 (1).jpg (93KB, 498x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1454889464110 (1).jpg
93KB, 498x1046px
>>7843368
So where are the southern lights? Also, why are the "lodestones" round, but the Earth not? See something like this, almost works, except you have the problem of equal magnetic force along the axis.
>>
>>7838087
the convex earth model
>>
>>7843380
>So where are the southern lights?

All around the rim, obviously.

>Also, why are the "lodestones" round, but the Earth not?

I don't even understand the logic behind this question. Their shape doesn't mattetat all, only their orientation. I think you may be out of your depth, here.

>See something like this, almost works, except you have the problem of equal magnetic force along the axis.

That doesn't work at all.
>>
>>7843389
>around the rim
No, they're in Australia.

>no that doesn't work at all

Exactly
>>
>>7843391
>No, they're in Australia

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
File: dDNkn9t.jpg (32KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
dDNkn9t.jpg
32KB, 900x500px
>>7843405
You see the southern lights in New Zealand and Austrailia. That is where they are, on our planet.
>>
File: galileo.jpg (50KB, 260x319px) Image search: [Google]
galileo.jpg
50KB, 260x319px
A couple of years ago I was assailed by "friends" spouting shit about hollow earth. Now they are flatearthers.

I just really don't give a shit what shape the planet is since I'm not sending up rockets or anything. But, holy fuck, they want my to believe their horseshit over whatever else horseshit there happens to be.
>>
>>7842994
not anymore i guess.
>>
>>7842994
>>7843442
it was back in 2005, unfortunately it's not 2005 anymore
>>
>>7843448
I'm actually disappointed to be a newfag, the site seemed much better before, there are boards full of circlejerk even.
>>
>>7843451
ur an intolerant xenophobic bigot
>>
>>7843455
wut?
>>
>>7843458
ur an intolerant xenophobic bigot
>>
>>7843460
wut?
Why am i xenophobic bigot?
>>
>>7843462
Because of your dissapointment of the new boards. You can't tolerate other people which makes you a bigot
>>
>>7843466
I'm actually mainly disappointed with /mu/, and i can tolerate other people, i've been on boards with nazis and holocaust deniers, really ignorant and hateful people, but i don't hate them or anything.
>>
>>7843467
Just dont be a hating bigot thats all
>>
>>7843470
All right, all right, jeez, i'm not and i won't be.
>>
>>7843368
>Lodestones
What is Occams razor?
What is the burden of proof?

Learn2science!
>>
>>7843473
jst dunt b
>>
>>7843027
They also use photographic evidence, and flat earths don't have photographic evidence.
>>
>>7843426
>You see the southern lights in New Zealand and Austrailia.

You see them at all southern latitudes you doofus.
>>
>>7843476

A "lodestone" is just an old-fashioned name for a naturally occurring ferromagnetic rock. It literally is the simplest explanation.

Meanwhile, ball earthers can't explain the magnetic field at all, besides some hand-wavy "something to do with a spinning core" bullshit that nobody can recreate in models.

So yes, what ABOUT occam's razor?
>>
>>7841990
>neo-nazi
maybe on >>>/pol/.
Fucking Neocon /pol/
libertarian /pol/ best /pol/
>>
>>7843603
Libertarian /pol/ is SJW and it's just as bad, if not worse.
>>
>>7843609
Go suck off the GOP again, i'm sure Jeb "Please Clap" Bush'll appreciate it.
>>
>>7843630
I'm honestly very dissapointed with the candidates. We're forced to choose between a has been idiot, a lying communist, a rude fascist and an evolution denier.
>>
>>7843642
I've given up on politics, at this point, Trump could legitimately come out as a flat earther and STILL get elected.
>>
>>7838087
>What's the nail in the coffin of the flat earth model?
Why build rockets to go to space when you can just drop it off the side?
>>
>>7841876
If i take a plane and continue flying through Antarctica, i'll not get to space bro.
>>
>>7843650
Thats ben carson who prolly believes in Flearth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-hFP5DgXHk
>>
>>7843081
But really, why
>>
>>7843662
>If i take a plane and continue flying through Antarctica, i'll not get to space bro.

Oh really? You've piloted a plane across Antarctica yourself?
>>
/Sci/ is actually discussing this
>>
>>7844263

Not only that, but the flat earthers are winning the argument.

But that's only because the flat earthers are just trolls, and the people who bother debating them are retards.
>>
>>7844294
nah

1. all theories of a magnetic core are not proven.
2. curie point is too high for earth to be magnetic
3. most proof of a ball earth is based on assumptions
4. gravity has not been measured or understood and explanations are contradictory.
5. there are no pictures of the earth from space or Antarctica.
>>
>>7841881

pretty dank picture, imagine if the world really was like that

makes antarctica feel a lot more mysterious and edgy, that's for sure.
>>
>>7843202
Underrated. How do flat earthers explain this, or even plate tectonics?
>>
>>7844769
>there are no pictures of earth from space
>>
>>7838087
>model
The flat Earth WHAT?
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foucault_pendulum

repeat experiment in 2 different latitudes to disprove flat earth
>>
>>7843776
Newton dear anon, Newton.
>>
>>7838087
How thick is your pancake earth?
>>
>>7838087
Gravity. If the earth were flat the the gravitational field at it as surface would fluctuate wildly.
Basically it would feel like living in a giant bowl
>>
>>7841990
>This entire website is /pol/
You must have got lost on a raid
>>
>>7842954
The distance between the earth and sun is very large compared to the distance between the sticks.
This makes the error margin negligible
>>
File: Lgn7r9i.jpg (761KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
Lgn7r9i.jpg
761KB, 3000x1688px
>>7844769
>There are no pictures of the earth from space
How's a video?
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream
Right now it's on the dark side of the Earth. ISS does orbits around earth in 90 minutes, so in ~20 minutes you should probably be able to see the South Atlantic Ocean, and in maybe 45 minutes you should see the coast of India and China.

I'm also curious as to how flat earthers think an atmosphere would work.
>>
>>7843079
Because you are moving with the earth retard.
You have the same angular velocity as the surface of the earth.
The air around you does as well
When you jump you still have the same velocity, and because you have no relative angular motion to the atmosphere it does not slow you down.
So because the only force acting on you is gravity which pulls perpendicular to your rotational motion.
You experience no net force in the direction of rotation.
Objects in motion stay in motion unless acted upon by a net force
So you continue forward with the same rotational velocity as the earth.
That's why it doesn't spin out from under you
>>
How do flat-earthers explain away the fact that flat earth can never replicate the distances between locations on a sphere? It shouldn't be hard to prove for example that the coastline (the alleged ice wall in these retards' fevered minds) of Antarctica isn't 50,000 miles long, but only 10,000 miles long.
>>
>>7844956
Standard FE reply would be: have you measured that yourself!!?!?!??!!?? Govt shill!!!
>>
living on the edge would make you fall to the middle
>>
>>7838087
The Earth isn't flat.
>>
>>7844995
>he relies on faith in what people say.

you are the opposite of a scientist.
>>
>>7845046
learn to read: I gave the answer a FE would give.
Bit like >>7844255
>>
>>7844942
They'll just say it's Hollywood and pre-recorded.
>>
>>7844294
I switched to team Flat Earther because it amuses me how /sci/ constantly tries to prove them otherwise to the people who are obviously trolling.
>>
>>7845097
>people who are obviously trolling.
I think you overestimate them
>>
>>7844255
As a flight engineer, I have personally flown across Antarctica in a P3.

Whats with this 'it only counts if you have done it' argument?
You can't prove anything that other people have done at all then, including flat earth bullshit because you personally haven't seen the earth is flat
>>
>>7843202
Lets duel in the shadow zone, flatsamiion earthagus!
>>
>>7845190
>As a flight engineer, I have personally flown across Antarctica in a P3.

You mean you've been told you were flying across Antarctica.
>>
>>7838122
The Jews
>>
>>7838087
gravitation.

also, everything else.
>>
>>7840867
>see the back of your head
What do you mean by this anon?
>>
>>7844769
>2. curie point is too high for earth to be magnetic
The curie point is for permanent magnets, not for the dynamo effect of the outer core.
>>
File: 1449807605227.png (83KB, 372x457px) Image search: [Google]
1449807605227.png
83KB, 372x457px
>>7844769
>he doesnt understand the difference between permanent magnets and electromagnets
>>
>>7845205
I don't think you have any aviation qualification to be saying that.
>>
>>7843532
You do realize that Faraday's law is a thing?
>>
>>7846236

Better than you do, my friend.
>>
>>7838126
>Transit doesn't exist because I say so
>The people have forgotten about it because I said so
>Now lets base the rest of the video on this...
>>
>>7846247
I highly doubt that.
>>
i really liked sciencedump's (i believe i read it on their site, not sure tho) take on the subject

it's not very practical but plausible in theory

using a large rope, you and your friends can determine that it's a sphere by deducing its euler characteristic
>>
>>7838087
Reality
>>
muh feelings
>>
>>7838087

The fact that every plane every would appear to fly from destination to destination on a curved path instead of a straight one if we were using the flat earth model.
>>
File: 1407479725598.jpg (503KB, 1026x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1407479725598.jpg
503KB, 1026x1600px
>>7838087
Commercial airplane flight routes (ones that cross the Pacific) would be impossible if the earth was flat.
>>
>>7838087
maybe, just maybe, watching this for an hour or so will do the trick

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-iss-stream
>>
>>7847507
Ha ! I was going to post this... are you reading my mind? Spooky.
>>
>>7847517
That's called having similar interests. It's not paranormal.
>>
>>7847539
You're supposed to be more reactionary and hostile about it.

As in,
>GET OFF MY /SCI/ GO BACK TO /X/ WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU
>>
>>7838087
How does the sun rise and set? Day and night would change almost instantly if the earth was flat
>>
>>7847546
I'm trying to cull out the apparent spookiness to make way for greater scientific scrutiny. We can't just kill off our unintelligent portions if we want our collective intelligence to have a normative growth curve.
>>
>>7847539
>It's not paranormal
But it is. I read his mind and saved him the trouble.
I can also tell you that that anon's birthday is 10-07.
He will confirm, I'm sure
>>
If you hold compass in your hand and face north, then move to the either east or west, the compass needle will not change direction relative to your path. If earth was flat that would not be the case.
>>
>>7847599
Thats pretty damn close !!!
>>
>>7838087
An understanding of physics.
>>
>>7847548
>How does the sun rise and set? Day and night would change almost instantly if the earth was flat

Huh? The sun circles under the earth. You can literally watch it happen. Why would it be instant?
>>
>>7847835
>If you hold compass in your hand and face north, then move to the either east or west, the compass needle will not change direction relative to your path. If earth was flat that would not be the case.

Yes it would. That works the same in either model. Either way, "east" and "west" means walking in a circle around the pole. On a ball earth you have to be on the equator for east to be a straight line. But the earth is far too big to accurately test it that way.
>>
>>7847927
You are a cunt.
>>
>>7847964

I'm right, though.
>>
>>7838087
>force of gravity is always perpendicular to earth's surface
>you don't see the same stars from northern/southern hemisphere
>space exploration shows that every object with radius of more than ~200 km is spherical (look up differentiation)
>earths shadow during every lunar eclipse is round
>>
>>7848175
>>force of gravity is always perpendicular to earth's surface

Gravity is not real. The Earth is accelerating "upwards."

>>you don't see the same stars from northern/southern hemisphere

Different stars being overhead in different places is totally consistent with flat earth.

>>space exploration shows that every object with radius of more than ~200 km is spherical (look up differentiation)

Space exploration is a ludicrous hoax.

>>earths shadow during every lunar eclipse is round

Because the Earth is a circle, not a sphere.
>>
If you travel 1000 miles take a right angle turn, travel 1000 miles take a right angle turn, and finally travel 1000 miles and take a right angle turn you will end up in your starting point. In a flare plane this is impossible
>>
>>7848225
>If you travel 1000 miles take a right angle turn, travel 1000 miles take a right angle turn, and finally travel 1000 miles and take a right angle turn you will end up in your starting point.

That's not true even on a ball earth. You ballboys can't seem to get your story straight.
>>
File: proof.png (4KB, 250x292px) Image search: [Google]
proof.png
4KB, 250x292px
>>7838087
The Earth is flat, no doubt about it. If you take a super telescope and point it to the horizon, you can see the back of your head. This forumla is the proof.
>>
>>7848230
>you can't have a spherical triangle with three 90-degree angles

Flatassers confirmed retards
>>
>>7848208
>Gravity is not real. The Earth is accelerating "upwards."

then explain the orbit of any object in space

>Different stars being overhead in different places is totally consistent with flat earth.

why can you see certain stars from europe but not australia?

>Space exploration is a ludicrous hoax.

denying things despite tons of evidence won't help you

>Because the Earth is a circle, not a sphere.

then why is earths shadow never elliptical?
>>
>>7848044
No, you're wrong. Act like you smart. And that makes you a cunt. Ask around.
>>
>>7848208
>Because the Earth is a circle
Which would make the eclipses elliptical. Round eclipses prove earth is a sphere
>>
>>7838087
the horizon
>>
>>7845522
>>7845780
>dynamo effect
>proven
>being this dumb

its a theory,
>>
You could probably write up something that is technically a flat Earth model that's consistent with empirical/explains empirical observations.
But occams razor, Earth being a ball is simpler.
>>
>>7848563
I will tear you down. go ahead and name some proofs of a round earth.
>>
>>7848555
I suggest you stop driving cars, they only work in theory.
>>
>>7848563
> pictures of earth from space
They look like artist renderings. We don't even have much footage of the earth spinning in real time and the ones that do are proven to be CGI. We have tons of pictures of monuments and documents about history and preservation. Moon landing footage and telemetry data is accidentally erased and lost. Some moon rocks in museums have been proven to just be petrified wood. Wheres the integrity?

>ships sinking below horizon proves round earth
Its an illusion. The ship goes past the vanishing point of perspective and depending on the temperature and time of day mirages happen. Mirages do happen on flat surfaces, which what bodies of water are. water does not bend or bulge and always finds level surfaces to rest. This explains why there are mirages on large bodies of water, because the earth is made up of more than 50% percent of flat surface. This is a huge contradiction of what NASA shows us, a perfect spheroid planet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fata_Morgana_%28mirage%29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssal_plain

>gravity proves round earth
Gravity is just another name for what goes up must come down. However gravity is pushed to explain why we dont fall out of the earth if it were round. The only problem is that gravity gets very hypothetical upon further explanation and is at its core, contradictory and falsifiable. It has never been measured or tested or observed outside of earth to claim. NASA can film out in the desert of Arizona and say they were on mars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Osm7azX6k
>>
>>7848208

I like the argument of no gravity, the flat earth is just accelerating.

That means it would be accelerating upwards at 9.8 m/s2, constantly. Which means that if it started stationary, after 1 year it would be hurtling upwards at the speed of light.

Any flat earthers got a theory for what's supplying this energy, and how the acceleration manages to remain constant as we get up to relativistic speeds? And that this doesn't present some sort of problem?
>>
>>7848364

You can, but it's not 1000 miles on a side you fucking idiot.
>>
>>7842955
hahahahha this is what neo-ludites believe

hly fuck shut your mouths - jk you would die being unable to breathe

Seriously, science deniers need to either stop talking because you are too stupid, lazy and ignorant to address basic facts freely available and adequately diseeminated on the internet, or die.

I'd prefer the former to be honest, as you are nearly as bad for society as terrorist organizations...
>>
>>7848653
>That means it would be accelerating upwards at 9.8 m/s2, constantly. Which means that if it started stationary, after 1 year it would be hurtling upwards at the speed of light.

You fail at basic physics, like most ballboys. You can't ever reach the speed of light.
>>
>>7848618
>dey look like
Oh wowe, china just posted new moon-images please die neo-luddite.
>water is always flat
what is a drop of water retard, what is surface tension.. what is a meniscus
You need to die.
>gravity is contradictory and falsifiable
If it were falsifiable there would be an experiment testing how it could be falsified, I don't think you understand the crux of the word when it is applied scientifically...
>>
>>7848364
>>7848364
ehh euclidean objects lol
http://i.stack.imgur.com/4Atrt.png
>>
>>7843532
>explaining EM occurrences
Yes, please do this faggot. hardmode: don't use your fucking aether retarded baby speak
>>
>>7848681

Who are you talking to? This post doesn't seem to make sense as a reply to the one you linked to.
>>
>>7848705
>baller cannot explain magnetic fields
my point, retard, is that no one can explain a magnetic field
don't understand?
>what is a field
If you think you can go collect your nobel prize.
>>
>>7848728
and don't give me an weasel words, i don't want a description i want an explanation
>>
>>7848728
>>7848749

So you're, what, a Juggalo?
>>
>>7848758
>ad hominem
So you're, like, what, a flat-earther?
>>
>>7848798
____
(you)
head

-_-
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
I'm not a pilot but I remember in a mathematical analysis class discussing spherical coordinates to simulate the trajectory of a airplane. The euclidian plane was not a good fit for travel data.

Now I have heard flat earthers counter this by saying that planes travel to random cities and make unnecessary stops to confuse us. That the airplanes could get there sooner but they are tricking.

When I ask why the would want to trick us... They answer that the government is basically the devil and they want to make the bible look fake.
>>
>>7841881
So I should be able to travel in a straight line from anywhere in the world and reach Antarctica? Anyone here have a boat? We could film this and become famous.
>>
Curvature of the Earth's horizon
>>
>>7842914

Spheres have edges?
>>
>>7848815
yeah, it is sad shit just call them idiots, or if you have the motivation try to trick them into believing that revealing the flat earth is in fact a desperate attempt at the government to hide some other deep-seated conspiracy
>>
>>7848815
I'm a hobby pilot and conspiretards are giant faggot retard aids nigger jew cuntpissfart homos
>>
>>7848670
>china
>legit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBL98p0wZ7g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1KWtG66lEQ

>what is a drop of water retard, what is surface tension.. what is a meniscus
lol
>>
>>7848815
>They answer that the government is basically the devil and they want to make the bible look fake.

youd be surprised in how many famous people and politicians dabbled into the occult. In fact all famous serial killers had dabbled into the occult and knew high ranking officials. The book is called "programmed to kill".
>>
>>7838087
tidal waves
>>
coriolos
>>
>>7838087
The fact that its round
>>
>believing a 2D object existant in our universe is actually the planet we live in
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
There are seriously people falling for the flat earth troll?
>>
File: turtle earth.jpg (86KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
turtle earth.jpg
86KB, 800x600px
>>7838087
>Not knowing that the earth is actually just a giant turtle.
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.