[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /sci/. Could you enlighten me on the best and most scientifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: vegetables[1].jpg (64KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
vegetables[1].jpg
64KB, 1024x768px
Hi /sci/.

Could you enlighten me on the best and most scientifically accurate books about health and diet?

I have been growing interested in taking care of myself and I want to know the best literature on the subject.
>>
>>7797164
I'm also intrested, but in a tl;dr version
>>
this isnt scientific you retards
just stop eating processed crap and get off your ass
>>
>>7797172
>just stop eating processed crap
why?
>>
>>7797172
I eat decently, but I want to understand what food is good for me, why it is good for me, and the best ways to consume it. I know the general guidelines of unprocessed food, fruits, vegetables, legumes and whole wheat. I have the bare basics down. But I want to know more and don't want to be reading some pop-diet book. I want an acclaimed and scientifically verified piece of literature.
>>
>>7797173
Stay fat
>>
>>7797175
good diet is common sense - lean meats, all plants, low fat dairy, fish, eggs, whole grains
perfect diet will make your life harder and youll start hating it sooner or later
>>
>>>/fit/

No, seriously, /fit/ has very good infographics about this, just go and make an infographics thread.
>>
>>7797431
No, /fit/ knows absolutely fucking nothing about proper diet. They are the last board you should go to for actual health and fitness.

>>7797164
Unfortunately, there are no proper scientifically accurate books on health and diet. There's simply too many conflicting studies and information. This is because health and diet vary so significantly between individuals that it can't be properly described in a proper scientific way where the results can be repeated in other individuals or even in the same individual after a few years.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>7797462

>No, /fit/ knows absolutely fucking nothing about proper diet. They are the last board you should go to for actual health

This. Their advice is to overeat and overstrain your body while destroying your CNS, joints and circulation for the sake of vanity.

Pic related is the best book I have on the subject. Although besides a few curiosities, it will just tell you what you already know. It can be boiled down to the following advice: "Eat often, eat mostly plants, and don't eat too much."
>>
>>7797164

Eat vegetables, fruits and fish. Abstain from alcohol, sugary drinks and processed food. Exercise.

That's literally it.
>>
>Understanding Nutrition
>Fourteenth Edition
>Ellie Whitney Sharon Rady Rolfes

is this worth it? I'm about to start reading it
>>
Nutritional science is one of the weakest in all of Biology
They have only scratched the surface and are still using concepts from the 19th century
It's also corrupted by industry and industry sponsored publications
It should get better once they start sequencing everybody
And learn more about how foods mix
>>
Its really difficult. Balancing Carbohydrates, Fat, Protein, Vitamin and Liquid intake for unique metabolic systems.
For a start, get a good tracker, get scales that adjust to your biometric data and feed back to the tracker database via wifi.
Wear the tracker for a week and discover your carbohydate usage vs body fat %.
Adjust carb intake accordingly.
Exercise. Walk, then occasionally jog a short distance, get heart rate up and in a fat burn zone. Note that the fat burning continues long after your jogging, increase the jogs. Break into runs. Monitor carb usage, increase protein uptake to cover exercise and bulk out fat loss. Do not drink alchohol or sugary drinks as stated above. Monitor EACH piece of food you ingest (difficult if u r fast food man). Hydrate.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.