[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cancer prevention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: 1442378389193.gif (704KB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1442378389193.gif
704KB, 245x230px
it's easy really

QUIT
DRINKING
ALCOHOL

>http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/country-health-profile/saudi-arabia
>heart disease, stroke, pneumonia

>http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/country-health-profile/france
>cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer, stroke

>http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/country-health-profile/sudan
>pneumonia, stroke, tuberculosis

>http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/country-health-profile/united-kingdom
>stroke, cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer

>http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/country-health-profile/russia
>stroke, std, liver (lol), cancer, cancer, cancer cancer

TAKE THE FUCKING HINT
it should be a social shame, not a proud social activity.
>>
>>7763871
Correlation=/=Causation
>>
>>7763871
you gave me cancer
>>
File: muhfeels.jpg (34KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
muhfeels.jpg
34KB, 480x477px
>>7763871
>tfw my father died because of cancer
>tfw he was an alcoholic
>>
>>7763879
>denying so hard
http://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/alcohol/alcohol-fact-sheet
there is a list of papers at the end.
>>
No. Cancer is caused by carcinogenic substances in food and water, added by the pharmaceutical companies so that they can make money from their medications. It's 2016, and yet there is no cure for cancer. Coincidence? The pharmaceutical companies would make much less money from finding a cure! They want to keep people sick and profitable!

It's 2016 /sci/! Wake up already!
>>
>>7763871

What is the point you are trying to make?

Yes, alcohol causes cancer. We've known this for some time. It's rarely mentioned which is interesting. Maybe people don't want to talk about how one of their favorite "escapes" is actually hurting them. Alcohol is toxic to nearly every organ in your body. That's part of why moderation is important.
>>
>>7763884
I'm sorry anon...
I just don't want it to happen to anyone else, I want us to live cancer-free... And this is a really easy way to get started...
>>
>>7763871

Don't forget tobacco. It kills the equivalent of a Holocaust's worth of people (6 million) each year.
>>
>>7763898
>6 million
you mean 6 gorillion right?
>>
>>7763871
Wrong.

>>7763892
fuck off back to /pol/

>>7763879
Getting there.

Temperate are more likely to observe high rates of cancer, part in due to lower solar exposure. Non-temperate countries really couldn't give a flying fuck about cancer. They have other shit to deal with like AIDs or Ebola.

It is because of this the statistics seem to (incorrectly) imply a correlation between cancer and high tobacco/alcohol use.
>>
>>7763892
Meh, cancer is a glorious and natural life form of earth, natural cell mutation, without it there would be no evolution and probably no life, cancer is live, cancer is life. Only in an upside down world would people declare "war" on it. I suspect people are growing old enough now and right into cancer other than the obvious cases of premature cancer death. I also believe if you look hard enough you would find cancerous growth in every human.

I don't even get the point of the thread, but growing up in an alcohol drenched household I keep it to social occasions and maybe a few times a year as a treat. Alcohol may manifest cancer in some way but so does life in general. Without alcohol the tax base would be hit hard and it would interfere with natural selection somewhat. A man has got to know his limitations and one of the first he figures out is how much alcohol they can drink without killing themselves.
>>
>>7763973
Don't believe the jewish lies.
>>
File: paul-the-apostle.jpg (86KB, 806x982px) Image search: [Google]
paul-the-apostle.jpg
86KB, 806x982px
Here's a thought.

Maybe cancer can't be stopped because it is nature's way of controlling populations. Which may explain why it is so sporadic.

Either way, im just some anon posting on a Mongolian image site, what do i know?
>>
>>7763983
>>>/pol/
>>
>>7764031
>natures way of blah blah blah
You probably believe in god too right?
>>
>>7764036
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>7763871
Yeah but alcohol helps get rid of excessive social inhibitions and thus helps with social interaction and seduction. Both of these are so much more important for actually having a successful life (basically having kids and feeding them) than not having cancer during your late years.

It is actually interesting to note that the countries cited in the OP as alcohol free countries are also countries where women are less free to choose their husband/partner (forced marriage, socially acceptable rape, etc).

So before banning alcohol maybe we should first find a way to help men seduce women without alcohol. When alcohol becomes an unnecessary evil, then we could start banning it progressively.
>>
>>7763871
I'm 26 and have been drinking almost everyday for 4 years. Am I doomed or can I start now and be saved?
>>
>>7763898

The Holocaust killed 11 million, 6 million of which were Jews.
>>
>>7765847
>seduce
This shouldn't even be a thing. Sexual attraction should be just that, not all of these other prerequisites that everyone comes up with.
>>
File: image.png (838KB, 499x618px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
838KB, 499x618px
>>7766056
You'll be ok. Newfag here 25. Drank for for 4 years straight. If not everyday, every other day. Got my liver results. Had to test for lamotragine and trazodone levels. Results came back ok. Just taper of drinking, start exercising, eating right, the whole deal and you'll be fine...hopefully.
>>
File: 1446662779430.jpg (152KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446662779430.jpg
152KB, 640x720px
>>7763871
>2016
>not wanting to induce the immortal cell in yourself
>>
>>7763871
what is the source of the gif?
>>
The alcohol free countries have lower life expectancy, thus you have less time to develop cancer.
>>
I'm 20 and I've been abstaining for 8 years now. Feels good твн.
>>
>>7766153
Lost Grill S02E16
>>
>>7766153
It looks like Kenzi from Lost Girl. It's not a great show, but it's entertaining and Anna Silk is hot and wears lots of tight leather.
>>
>>7764031
>cancer is natures way of controlling populations
>>
>Escaping from reality through psychedelics and alcohol
>not escaping through mathematics to the land of perfection and understanding

wew guys.
>>
>>7763947

Are you for real?
>>
>>7764031
>nature's way of controlling populations
How would "nature" know when population was too high?
>>
>>7766479
>having a trip

Not that guy but a large number of people who regularly consume alcohol and tobacco don't get sick, plus there are studies showing alcohol in moderation to not be bad for you.

Cancer is just bad genes and luck.
>>
Oh look, another virgin against social habits. How original.
>>
>>7764031
yeah, obviously nature has a built in way of stopping humans from over populating because of all those other times that humans over populated and took over the earth in the past right?
>>
>>7763892
Youth are the equivalent of someone unironically taking women's studies.
>>
>>7766479
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my part to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>7763890
>cancer.gov
>government doesn't lie
>>
>>7766607
there is a list of papers at the end you can consult.

I repeat in case you couldn't read it the first time. No one bothers reading through government websites.
>>
>>7766724
>trusting scientists who have an agenda
>not trusting the actual numbers

Actual numbers show that only a small almost insignificant amount of smokers and drinkers get seriously ill. I'll repeat it for the anon up thread: correlation=/=causation.
>>
>>7766792
What if I told you we already know the actual causal mechanisms behind smoking and drinking causing cancer?
>>
File: 1448798940940.jpg (50KB, 340x371px) Image search: [Google]
1448798940940.jpg
50KB, 340x371px
>>7766792
>believing government numbers is naive
>parrots tobacco company propaganda himself
OK buddy time to put on your dunce hat now
>>
>>7763884
Nice anecdote. Please share more with /sci/ in the future.
>>
>>7766801
A lot of it is grossly overstated and overwrought. I guarantee if bad thing were to start happening to smokers it would be because they're unhealthy in general, have bad genes or because they're old.

>>7766804
I haven't repeated any propaganda

>using the shill gambit to discredit any arguments

You shouldn't be on /sci/ with bullshit like that.
>>
>>7766887
Off yourself, shill
>>
>>7767529
>calls me a shill while he acts like the misinformed vice policeman that he is

Still can't explain all those healthy and not sick smokers eh anon?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.