[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why so normies like edgy characters so much? Any shit tier show

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: 4638047-4905631288-sasuk.png (131KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
4638047-4905631288-sasuk.png
131KB, 1191x670px
Why so normies like edgy characters so much? Any shit tier show is hyped up by normies to crazy high levels just because it has edgy characters who act like retards
>>
>>26218799

do you miss m00t? i kind of miss m00t. now i have no equal to bants with.
>>
File: latest.png (710KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
710KB, 1280x720px
>>26218799
Another example, this show is garbage, I've watched it because of the hype on the internet but it was absolute garbage, but normies love it. Why? Because edgy characters what's why
>>
>>26218799
>>26218844
your whole opinion and outlook is edgy
>>
>>26218799
I don't get it, first normies watch the absolute entry level babbys first anime them claim it's the best ever, then watch another anime their normie friend makes them watch which is most often an extreme edgecore anime, and they have the guts to say it's the best anime ever while the number of anime they have watched in their life time is in one digit
>>
File: 3269170-0475968420-Kirit.png (388KB, 473x591px) Image search: [Google]
3269170-0475968420-Kirit.png
388KB, 473x591px
>>26218919
No it's not
It's a fact normies are charmed by edgecore anime. Let me give you another example
This anime is alright, it's not too bad, but not too good either, but you know what, normies go gaga over this fucking faggot character, and the reason remains the same, because he's so "dark" and "aloof", basically the same shit again, edginess
>>
>>26219062
I forgot to mention the plot isn't unique either, there are lots of anime with the same basic plots like .hack//Sign but they're not famous,
>>
>>26219062
because most people don't like boring moe girl characters that don't do anything besides be cute.
>>
>>26219062
so what? people idolize characters they wish they could be. There are plenty of reasons to love a show regardless of edginess or not. The fact that you only focus on one aspect and to find a way to view it in the worse negative light as possible is just cringey. People like things, get over it.
>>
>>26219092
Neither do I, I watched some moe anime but they're not any good, I have no idea how people watch the

>>26219107
I don't care what they like, I'm just trying to find out why is it that the characters normies like and the characters that are overly edgy are overlapping
>>
>>26218937
Which quality animes do you think normies don't watch the most?
My favorite anime is Cowboy Bebop but I get the feeling that it is considered normies anime as well but none of the normies I know have seen it.
>>
>being so edgy that edgy anime is too "normie"
>>
File: cowboybebop.jpg (244KB, 1146x786px) Image search: [Google]
cowboybebop.jpg
244KB, 1146x786px
>>26219177
No cowboy bebop is absolutely fine, it's fun, has likeable characters, funny, fights are good.
I tried to make my normies friends watch it but they refused because it 'looks too old', same with xxxholic too
>>
File: 89678967896.png (100KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
89678967896.png
100KB, 500x280px
I want everyone to know that I'm the king of the edge.
>>
>normies love edgy characters
>be edgy myself
>hated by normals

I think it has to do with the cool antihero aspect of someone living outside the boundaries of rules and morals. And unlike an actual person they can get an extensive background and look into the mind of the character to see how they tick.

And they usually happen to be exceptionally strong or smart.
>>
>>26219250
This
I have no idea what's so likeable about watching a dark antihero type who's never left his teenage angst, it looks pathetic, far from cool
>>
>>26218799
>hurr GoT is so deep and complex
>durr I totally sympathize with the character's flaws
>All the characters are horrendously evil scumbags in one way or another

idk mang. I think its because grey morality is babby's first step to babby's first philosophy lesson: nihilism.
Like >>26219250 said, the idea of being and antihero and stepping outside the box socially acceptable behavior is so outrageous to them that they interpret it as deep and profound.

I just hate that antiheroes are now the main role models for society, causing the bar for ethical behavior to be gradually lowered. Instead of striving for the perfection of an ideal, people strive to be broken and flawed because that makes you cool and interesting and "easier to identify with".
>>
File: touma_kamijou_2394.jpg (40KB, 390x600px) Image search: [Google]
touma_kamijou_2394.jpg
40KB, 390x600px
Now look at this guy in contrast, he's a good guy, doesn't act like an angsty 14 year old, didn't act aloof for no reason, didn't shrug off people who are nice to him and in general is a very nice character. He's a true TouMAN
But is he as well known as any of those edgy as fuck naruto or bleach characters? No! It's obvious normies don't like anything but edgy characters.
>>
>>26219465
>idk mang. I think its because grey morality is babby's first step to babby's first philosophy lesson: nihilism.
Brilliantly put in words, this is the exact reason
>>
File: 1361199940141.jpg (347KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1361199940141.jpg
347KB, 1000x563px
>>26219092
>>26219160
>boring moe girl characters

For me personally, moe shows teach me to enjoy the simple things in life.
>a nice warm relaxing day that makes you want to take a nap under a tree
>a silly inside joke with friends that makes you laugh more than you should have
>the peaceful stillness of a secluded nature trail
>the reflection of the sky on a still pool of water
>the sight of a rainbow after spending all day cooped up inside staring at a monitor
>the taste of fresh baked cookies, still warm and gooey out of the oven
>the smell of freshly tilled earth
>the sound of birds outside your window
>the feel of a big snowflake melting on your tongue

It's the little things that give life beauty and make it worth living.
>>
>>26218799
They aren't bad characters, the thing is that everyone who watchs anime regularly as seen the same character over and over and over again,
>>
>>26218419
this guy is going pretty hard
>>
>>26219276
but they generally are teenagers.
>>
File: 1452320856757.jpg (35KB, 143x288px) Image search: [Google]
1452320856757.jpg
35KB, 143x288px
>>26219214
>looks too old
this is the worst
>>
>>26218844
Just curious, have you seen the manga? I heard the anime is different. I loved the manga. I get Ken Kaneki being called edgy (again this is coming from manga plot) but it isn't forced or stupid. Being edgy isn't always a bad thing like it's being made out to be nowadays. He's a cool character. Not my favorite but cool.
>>
File: 1426908701525.jpg (142KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1426908701525.jpg
142KB, 640x360px
>Meanwhile normies shat on Hatred for being edgy
>>
>>26219214
Cowboy Bebop still looks good, I could see people having althat problem with 70s and 80s stuff but not Bebop.
>>
File: Vash.jpg (74KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Vash.jpg
74KB, 720x480px
>>26218799
Take for example Vash the Stampede aka Humanoid Typhoon. He could literally kill entire cities and bandits in matter of seconds but he does opposite never kills if you've seen the show you know why he breaks the rules . He does the opposite even if you try to kill him he turns the other cheek.
>>
>>26221819
Calling things edgy is a normalfag meme now. The kinds of people that OP is trying to insult don't even watch Naruto anymore. The fags in this thread aren't being unique or counter-normalfag by acting like this. They're just acting like every other memelord child on Steam.
>>
>>26218799
>tfw liked Naruto because he was spaghetti-in-pockets retarded with a perpetually positive outlook
>>
>>26219471
>good guy
>keeps an underage runaway in his room
>keeps pets against rules
>>
>ITT: people trying to justify liking animes normies also like
lmao yes Full Metal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo are all super normie tier

they're also good, stop equating normie with everything that is bad. You invalidate anything as soon as it gets slightly popular which is incredibly limiting.
>>
>>26223012
Most people agree most normie anime are good. They're popular BECAUSE they're good, I don't have any problem with them. I don't care how many people watch an anime, I rely on my own opinions.
That being said, I do hate anime that are shit and are only popular because of the hype and no substance
>>
>>26219471
>always laments how unlucky and hungry he is
>oh-you's every single female character in the show like he's aloof of everything
>amnesiac for effectively no reason
>his fucking arm is named imagine breaker

Yeah you sure got it anon, that cool dude sure isn't an edgy trope piece of shit or anything.

Like I guess he's not quite as bad as any given naruto character, but that doesn't override how basic and shitty he is.
>>
>>26222104
wow nice observation. it must be nice feeling so at-home being here for a whole ten minutes already.

Anons have been calling things edgy since forever, and it's literally never stopped being a relevant qualm.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.