[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Quest - Volume 3: New Day edition.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (10KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 272x185px
In this quest, Demons walk the earth and ravage the land as they see fit. The players assume the role of a adventurer in these dark times. Seeking fame and fortune.
>Last volume:
>>1385033
>For newcomers
Simply type your character's name, gender, and race and yee shall spawn into the Dark world.
>What's new:
Level's. Now, for every day you remain alive, you gain a new level in your race/character/class.
>>
>>1414873
>>1414874
>>1414905
>>1415385
The party drinks, sleeps, and otherwise enjoys the evening. Preparing for their journey to the Gurgrich Estate. As one slumbers, the unseen Demons make their moves, like an unholy game of chess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Js-XbNj6Tk
>Days survived: 1
Zaravan, Jacob, Maleth, Monty, Owain, and De'Moine have reached lvl. 1!
>Zaravan has earned a new trait(s):
Aura of Good,
Detect Evil,
Smite Evil (1/day)
>Jacob has earned (a) new trait(s):
Traveler's knowledge,
>Jacob has earned (a) new spell(s):
Read Magic (2/day),
Light (2/day),
Disguise self (1/day),
>Maleth has earned (a) new trait(s):
Rage,
Fast Movement,
>Monty has earned (a) new trait(s):
Sneak Attack,
Trapfinding,
>Owain has earned (a) new trait(s):
Aura of Law,
Channel Positive energy (3/day),
Touch of Law (3/day),
>Owain has earn (a) new spell(s):
Guidance (3/day),
Sanctuary (1/day),
Protection from Evil (1/day),
>De'Moine has earned (a) new trait(s):
Rage,
Fast Movement,
>>
(Phew, i was worried when the old thread got archived and i couldn't find the new one. Also, if you could, could you elaborate on how the traits I acquired work?)
>>
I'm retroactively a mage now? Well. Um.

[muffled frantic revision of backstory in the distance]
>>
>>1421878
They're like special skills and powers you gain over time. You gain X amount of them per lvl, and what you get depends on what you do and how you act. So if you play for stealthily you may gain traits that benefit that, likewise playing brutally will give you traits that add you in that.
Almost every playstyle has a set of skills and spell to go alongside it.
>>
Human/female
>>
>>1421900
(Well, i figured THAT, what i meant was whether you could elaborate on what the Traits Zaravan got do, or at least, how they should be used.)
>>
>>1421951
Well, basically, if it doesn't have (X/day) it's a passive ability, in your case Aura of Good is a passive, and Detect Evil and Smite Evil are usables. But Detect Evil doesn't have a limit to how many times you use it. Hence why it's a passive.
>>
>>1421963
So, how does Rage work? DnD-like or....
>>
>>1421863
Fuck yeah rogue
>>
>>1422582
Hello rogue, I'm aggroDPS/off-tank!
>>
>>1422766
Hoo-RAH! Aggro Tanks!
>>
>>1422766
Hi, I'm gonna be essential when dungeon crawling
>>
>>1422487
Basically, yes.
>>
>>1422935
Do I have the limit of a certain number of Rages per day, or do I get the benefits of Rage without a limit?
>>
>>1423069
Yeah, I forgot to add it, you can use rage 4 per day. So (4/day).
>>
>>1423681
Also, um, post moves plox.
>>
>>1423685
Come the Morning, De'Moine will be up just before dawn. He will head to the village well/pump, douse himself in water, and then head towards the path to the Gurgich Estate.
>>
>>1423685

It is when the first cracks of light break to make dawn that Zaravan awakens, making haste, he will head down the Old Road, to the corrupted Gurgich Estate.
>>
>>1421863
Owain awakens from his modest sleep outdoors, bidding De'Moine a good morning hello as he too rinses himself with water and refills his flask for the travel ahead.

A little later on, he'll meet everyone else by the road before they set off together.

"Ah, to be blessed with so many travelling companions! Our group has grown quite a lot, don't you think, Maleth? Monty? Haha! We have much to thank our gracious God for!"

And so, the cheerful knight of the church makes his way down the path in high spirits.
>>
>>1421863
Trigerius arrives at the companys camp greets everybody and introduces hershelf "My name is Trigerius and i come from the cold mountains far north and i've travelled a great a distance and now i want to continue on the road ahead with you for i am unfammiliar to this place"
>>
>>1423685
Maleth wakes and immediately goes through the routine of preparing his weapons and body for work and war.
>>
>>1423888
Monty checked to make sure his gold purse and sword is still on his person which, fortunately, was still there. Afterwards he prayed to whatever gods was out there that will hear his prayers to see him through the day before walking out of his room groggy and rather grumpy.

Monty bid the bartender farewell and commented on the lack of barmaids around here once again. He then met up with Owain by the road.

"Yeah yeah, can we just you know hurry up and get to the estate already?"
>>
>>1423685
The morning finds Jacob with his few belongings packed, and readying to leave. As he considers where to move on to from here, he decides to first visit the general store once again.
>>
>>1423692
De'Moine begins preparations, he is interrupted however, by the old man who greeted him upon arival.
"Good morning, my friend. In thanks for saving our humble village from such a tremendous beast, we grant you this."
The old man takes out an amulet made out of twine and glittering blue scales.
"May it keep you safe in your travels."
>>1423699
With haste Zaravan quickly makes his way onto the old road. The early sun now shining along the path, making it easy to point out where he should be going. With head held high he continues his journey to the cursed estate.
>>1423888
Owain (not only gets trips, but) awaits for the others by the continuation of the old road.
>>1423971
Trigerius, although present by the old road and ready for adventure. Doesn't appear to strike a chord with the man in front of her.
>>1424053
Maleth prepares for the day.
>>1424189
Monty awaits the journey ahead.
>>1424298
Jacob visits the general store again, this time it's open. The stench of mildew and other commodities fill the air of this establishment. On the far right the store keeper. A rather stout dwarf pipes up.
"O' 'ello there! You must be one of 'em adventurers who've arrived in this 'ere village! Plenty o' them these days-"
The dwarf continues blabbering on and on about adventuring and fighting and drinking and adventure and fighting and drinking and drinking and fighting and adventure. After about half an hour of talking he gets down to the point.
"Is there anythen yah need befor' yah head of lad?"
>>
>>1425841
After that Trigerius decides to head off to somewhere where she could train, she needed to get tougher, her mind filled with ambition, she raises her chest and moves on
>>
>>1425841

His head held high, expression cold, Zaravan stays ever alert to avoid unnecessary ambushes on the way down the Old Road.
>>
>>1425841>>1426046
>>1426094

(Oh shoot, did we ignore Trigerius? I didn't even see that post, I feel kinda bad. Sorry, friend)

Owain sees Zaravan walking down the road as he waits, and calls out to him. "Hello! You there! Yes, you! Do you plan on going down the road all by yourself? Why not come and join our quaint little group a while? We're going down the path ourselves, and there is much more safety and merriment in numbers!"

As he does this, Owain barely notices the woman who introduced herself, before she runs off to who knows where and disappears as suddenly as she appeared. Owain waves her goodbye, slightly confused. "Well, there's an energetic one."

He continues to wait, thinking about visiting the general store to look through their wares before remembering that he remembers that he's flat broke. "...I really should do something about that. Ahh well, what money can't provide for me, my God will!"
Owain is as optimistic and cheerful as ever.
>>
>>1425841
De'Moine will thank the man, and will lash the amulet around the top of his forearm. (He doesn't want to try getting it over his horns)
He will then continue to head on down the road in the small group.
>>
>>1426161

Stopping in his tracks, Zaravan turns his ever stern gaze onto Sir Owain, for a moment, he is silent, before moving to join him.

"So be it, I would rather not perish to some filthy bandit long before I reach my actual destination, I must reach that wretched Estate and Purify it, for that is my very purpose."
>>
>>1426227
Owain welcomes the man heartily."Wonderful! Yes yes come, the others should be arriving shortly."

He will talk with his new friend until the others arrive.

"Hmm.. wretched Estate, you say? I don't suppose you mean the Gurgrich Estate?"
>>
>>1426305

In his flat tone, Zaravan responds thus;

"I do, I must make my way there, to that dark place. Once I arrive, I shall purify those twisted halls, for a great evil resonated from that fallen place of such cruel and obscene indulgences. I shall not fail in my task, for to Purify it of evil is the very reason for my existence."

Zaravan turns his stoic gaze down the Old Road, in the direction of the estate. "I shall not falter in my task."
>>
>>1426356
"Interesting. Coincidentally, my companions and I are travelling to the Gurgrich Estate as well! ...or maybe it is not so much a coincidence after all. Perhaps, it is the graciousness of God that has brought us together! With us by your side and God behind your back, I am confident that you will not falter, my friend."

Owain pats the man on the shoulder.

"Take heart! It seems we are of similar goals as well! I know not of the others, but I answered the call to the estate because I, too, wish to rid the evil within it. For I am Owain Annesley, knight of the church! To vanquish the unholy and uphold God's will, THAT is MY purpose."

Owain crosses his arms proudly and nods, satisfied with his introduction.
>>
>>1426495
>>1426356
The Minotaur leans over and whispers in Owains ear. "Does god look well on people who kill other people? Asking for a friend..."
>>
>>1426522
"GUAHH!?"

Owain jumps back a bit in surprise.
"Gehh... why must people sneak up on me like that so frequently.."

"Erm. Ahem. A-anyway. We must strive to protect lives, not take them! ..but when one strays from God's light and falls to depravity, it may be necessary to do so. Although.. I personally wish it never has to come to such lengths. Even the evilest of hearts have a speck of good hidden deep within! And with the grace of our God, all can be forgiven and cleansed of their sins! All they need do is ask and repent. Truly, our God is a kind and gracious God!"
>>
>>1425841
>>1426621
Maleth joins up with Owain for the travel today.
>>
>>1425841
"To be honest," Jacob admits to the dwarf, "I've only arrived here by chance. I'm certainly looking to find a job, but adventuring wasn't quite what I had in mind."

Looking around the shop, he adds, "You've got quite the wide selection here - and most of it for exploring and surviving in dungeons and the like. Are ALL the travelers who pass through here adventurers headed for that Manor I've heard of?"
>>
>>1426522
"Honestly... i have no idea but best to pray to cover your bases" Monty energed from the bushes after relieving his bladder in the bushes
>>
On her way to the find a place to train Triggerius checks her iventory "I hope i still have Terium with me" she mutters.
Terium was her sword she had it since the day her training started, it was a greatsword made of iron, actually it was too big and too rough to be called a sword, but thats how the north tribe warriors used to fight.
>>
File: K-boom.jpg (108KB, 960x381px) Image search: [Google]
K-boom.jpg
108KB, 960x381px
>>1427855
Uh, I mean, I roll randomly to generate your equipment. But it's good to know you want a greatsword!
>>
>>1426161
Owain finds he has a considerable amount of gold left. Despite his belief.
>>1426094
>>1426161
>>1426227
>>1426188
>>1426305
>>1426356
>>1426495
>>1426522
>>1426621
>>1426803
>>1427392
Owain, Zaravan, De'Moine, Maleth, and Monty travel along the old road. It's rather quiet as it is, very few bandits and other, more minor, monstrosities try they're luck with a war party. That being said, it does pave way for more powerful, and horryfing beasts.
>>1427024
The dwarf pauses for a moment.
"Not really, we don't get many travellers at all actually. The few who do come are supply men and merchants. Maybe a hunter or two looking for game. But never adventurers. That being said."
The dwarf shuffles a few item before bringing a few items on the table.
"These might help you on your travels."
The items are:
2 flasks of holy water - 25 gold each
A vial of antitoxin - 50 gold
A climbers kit - 80 gold
and 5 flasks of acid - 10 gold each
>>1426046
>>1427855
Trigerius finds that she has her trusty greatsword, as well as hide armour that easily and comfortably shows off her chest, a jar of beets, and 85 gold. Although there nowhere to train, she could easily ask around for work or info on current events. The people seem friendly enough to put their own agendas behind them today.
>>
>>1429451
He grips his ax so tightly, his knuckles whiten;

"It is the best we stay alert, an ambush along the way would delay us needlessly."

With impassive gaze, stance stiff and always ready, Zaravan stays cautious while maintaining a steady pace.
>>
>>1429451
Even while he gives the dwarf a nod of thanks, as he examines the contents of the climber's kit, he asks the dwarf in confusion:

"I mean no offense, but as far as I can tell, this town is quite out of the way for many merchants to pass through. And yet your wares are many and varied, all things considered. From were do they come, and to where are they headed?"
>>
A travelling human bard begins to walk towards the group of adventurers hoping to befriend them.

"Might I join your group to write the tales of your adventures?" He asked hoping for a pleasant response.
>>
>>1429478
Maleth takes point for formation.
>>
>>1429506
>>1429509
>>1429514
Owain watches their backs, although not as seriously or as focused as Zaravan or Maleth as he spends most of the trip making conversation with the others.

He stops and tenses up for a moment though, when he hears something approach. He informs the others, although he reverts back to his lax and jolly self once he sees that it was only a man, and a friendly one at that.

"Ah, well met! You wish to join us? I hold no objections, the more the merrier I say!"

Owain thinks it over, looking at the man.

"Although.. you do not look to be the type fit for battle. I must warn you, our travel will be neither safe nor pleasant. We journey to the Gurgrich Estate, home to many foul creatures we aim to vanquish. It will be most dangerous! I will do my best to protect you, but I cannot guarantee your safety. Are you sure you wish to come?"
>>
>>1429509
"Depends, you heading to gugrich?" Monty approaches alistair sword drawn as if expecting a group of bandits to emerge from the foliage around them.

"Also are you alone? Seldom often does anyone travel the road alone nowadays."
>>
"Battles are my most special songs!" Alistair boasted triumphantly. "If I did not come with you, who would would speak your tales and embolden your spirits?"
>>
"Apologies, I do not wish harm, I would only like to speak sonnets praising your achievements." Alistair states while backing away trembling with fear of confrontation.
>>
>>1429568
"Women of the night I pay to suck my cock. Emboldens me just fine I say."
>>
"Women cannot please you on the battlefield, but my songs can keep you fighting harder and faster!" Alistair says with a note of pride.
>>
>>1429575
"I don't know, A good wank and a shit always made me faster than anyone else. But if you insists come alone now are you alone or not?"
>>
"A bard travels with heroes, not bandits! That being said, I would appreciate it if you would not hold it against me if bandits tried to follow and ambush me." Alistair spoke merrily with a hint of of worry in his eye.
>>
Alistair hopes the band of bandits who nearly stabbed him did not follow him, for he couldn't bear the thought of fighting a distrustful batch of adventurers and a scummy band of thugs. He could never even fight one of them, let alone two! Oh boy, this would be trouble...
>>
>>1429581
"fine you can come, you have a sword on you?"
>>
Alistair looks through his inventory.

{QM has to decide my gear.}
>>
>>1429451
Relieved that she hasn't lost her sword,Triggerius realises that there is no place in sight where she could train so she decides to ask around for work
>>
>>1429585
"Sing of our exploits, eh? Splendid! You can pass on tales of the Lord's grace and mightiness as he shows them in our adventures! Perhaps the people will be more willing to listen if the word of the Lord was spoken through song. They never seem to want to listen when it is simply told to them.."

Owain then turns to Maleth and De'Moine. "What say you, my good friends? Does our charming guest have your approval? I believe a bard would do wonders to keep us all entertained and high in spirits!"
>>
>>1429759
"Well extra rations is always welcome!" De'Moine throws back his head and gives a low sound of laughter. Its a little hard to tell if he is joking or not.
>>
>>1429759

"More bodies will always be needed to fight ever deeper toward the corrupted heart of that fallen hamlet. As long as he displays no cowardice, I have no objections."
>>
"That is all then, Let's go"
>>
>>1429478
>>1429514
>>1429509
So, are you male or female? It's not important, just curious.
>>1429564
>>1429567
>>1429568
>>1429571
>>1429572
>>1429575
>>1429577
>>1429581
>>1429585
>>1429597
>>1429759
>>1429799
>>1429825
>>1429858
The group continues they're travels along the old road. The wind can be heard through the trees, and the sun continues shining through. After a good couple hours of travelling they see a sign up ahead saying: "Gurgrich estate." with an arrow pointin straight ahead along the path. Looking closely it appears the path past the sign has been swept and cleaned. As if tended by a maid or gardener. A rather high pitched voice echos from the trees.
"My, we rarely get visitors here. Is it possible you six have come to see Mr. Gurgrich?"
>>1429606
Allistair has a Rapier, Leather Armour, a simple lute, a bag of flour, and 65 gold.
(you may want to reply to people so that it's easier for me to follow what's going on.)
>>1429506
The dwarf gives Jacob a strange look before answering:
"Well, they're headed nowhere, most of 'em are from my travels. I treat this place as more of a warehouse rather than an actual store. Upon hearing adventurers were arriving I amptly opened up shop in hopes of earning a little gold on the side. Of course, the few merchants and traders gain interested in my wares every now and then. So are yah buyin' or not?"
>>1429746
Asking around she finds that most of the work for her is hunting. Although the general store is a good place for more, precarious demands of able hands.
>>
>>1430623
"Huh, didn't expect it to be this clean."

Upon hearing the voice, Owain replies in his usual friendly tone. "Why yes, that we are! We have come in response to the letters we received. I am Owain Annesley, knight of the church! And who is it that we are speaking to?"
>>
>>1430623

Head high, Zaravan steps forth.
"That is correct, we have come to Purify that wretched den of evil."

>Gender
(Unclear, not because of any identification or sexuality orientation however, Zaravan is built
masculine, yet, as a person, something about him seems, off, uncanny, unnatural. Not unnatural in the horrific eldritch sense, but simply not right, that something that deep in the back of one's mind says something is not quite right.)
>>
>>1430972
(I was talking about Allistar.)
>>
>>1430623
De'Moine turns and looks at the place the voice came from. He leans on his axe, andtries to catch sight of whoever it was.
>>
>>1430623
*nods* Aye, we heard ye been lookin fer workers.
>>
>>1430623
Is there anything big enough to hunt with a sword ?
If not Trugerius will head to the general store and ask there for any work.
>>
>>1430623
(What are the contents of the climber's kit?)
>>
>>1430623
"For the most part" Monty straightened himself out so that he may look presentable before Mr.Gugrich
>>
>>1431202
Alistair is male since the name is a masculine anglicised form of the Scottish name alisdair.
Alistair has a thick Scottish accent, which is why he speaks how he does.
>>
>>1431343
Upon looking above De'Moine spots a tiny humanoid creature, barely 3 feet, sitting atop one of the branches.
>>1431403
"I don't remeber Mr. Gurgrich needing more hands on deck. Us brownies do most of the housework already."
The creature looks the party over.
"It seems strange that he'd invite people who are armed for war..."
>>1430696
"I am Numen, one of the many house helpers of this estate."
>>1430972
"Well, it's not really a den of evil, that being said, Mr. Gurgrich hasn't been all that active as of late. He rarely leaves his study nowadays."
>>1432869
"and?"
>>1435598
(Good to know)
>>1432095
(Mainly crampons, pitons, ropes, and tools. It allows you to scale up rocky surfaces and wall more easily.)
>>1431767
Although most hunters use a bow and arrow, a steady sword can end a more powerful beast. She can easily see that there are multiple hunting groups near the tavern, asking is good way to get started.
>>
>>1436915
"I also came here to kill monster and eat mutton, and I'm all out of mutton"
>>
>>1436915
Replacing the hammer (it was ill-suited for his purposes) with the rest of the kit, Jacob admits to the dwarf, "I'm honestly not familiar with most of what you have here, so I can't begin to guess - and I mean this as a complement; you seem an experienced enough trader to always buy low and always sell high out of pure instinct - to guess at how fair a price you've given me for any of this."

"Except, for this one," he adds, picking up the vial of antitoxin. "I've only seen something like it made a handful of times - a few years back, and likely a different recipe. But that one, at least, couldn't have been more than, roughly, 30 gold to make? Still, I suppose you must've paid a little higher for it. Would you be willing to accept, say, 40 gold for it?"

If you'd rather I not haggle at traders', I can avoid doing so in the future.
>>
>>1436915
"Regardless, we have been called, and we have answered."

After a moment, Zaravan locks his stern gaze upon Numen.

"If you may, would you kindly escort us to the lord of the estate?" He says, slightly bowing his head as a polite gesture.
>>
>>1436915
De'Moine grumbles. "Brownie. Only works if its paid, and even then, complains about it." He then looks around the group of mercenaries, vagabonds and zealots that make up the group. "Well we should fit right in."
De'Moine walks closer to the tree. "Where's your employer, or at least whoever puts out the milk."
>>
>>1437400
I thought Brownies worked fer sweets?
>>
>>1437617
Ehh depends on the brownie. Doesn't change how annoying they can be....
>>
>>1436915
Triggerius goes at the shop
She aproachea the partys and asks if there is a position for her in any of them
>>
>>1436915
Owain listens for a few moments to some talk about brownies, and wonders what the delicious, chocolatey snack has to do with anything. He's hungry now though.

"Hrm well, sweets aside, if you doubt our credibility, would you like to see the invitation letters that we have received?"

Owain rummages through his things, before taking out the letter to show to the small thing. He holds it up for her to look at, or take, he doesn't really care either way.
>>
Alistair completely spaces out for about an hour or so.
>>
>>1437100
"How Cliche..."
>>1437400
"I just explained that to you horn head."
>>1438717
The creature looks over the letter a couple times.
"Very well. Follow me."
The Brownie open her parosel and floats down in front of them.
>>1437100
>>1437185
>>1437400
>>1437617
>>1437666
>>1438717
>>1440217
Numen leads the party up the clean road to the estate. Despite the neatness of both the path and the surrounding plant life, the structure itself looks worn and aging, like a block of cheese left out in the sun for too long. Leading past an old iron gate, the brownie leads you up to the front steps.
"In through here," she says pointing at the door before walking away. "Oh yes, please knock before you enter, Bethy hates it when people don't do that."
>>1437110
"Well..."
The dwarf rubs the back of his head, he gives you a perplexed look, as if in deep thought about your intentions. He squints before replying,
"...I mean, you must understand that such a brew is rare even in secluded locations as this. On top of that, it never goes bad. So it's worth the 50 gold I'm askin' for it."
>>1437997
Trigerius asks around, her only reply except for the occasional grunt or "I'll think about it" comes from a gruff man with an underbite.
"Well," he says "in case you haven't noticed, there are a couple of wereboars roaming about. Now, seeing as you have that big sword there, I could convice my group to have you tag along, as long as you don't get in our way."
>>
>>1440990

Zaavan, wasting no time, wordlessly raps his knuckles exactly three times on the old door, then he opens it, not willing to wait for a response.
>>
>>1440990
"Get in your way ? I am going to make this much easier for you"
Triggerius replyes with a cocky grin on her face.
>>
>>1440990
Jacob smiles, slightly apologetically. "I suppose there's enough dangers around here that it would be worth the cost," he muses, "but I'm hoping to move onward elsewhere soon enough that I won't need it. I'll reconsider if I end up staying in the area longer than I'd hoped; but for now, have you any poultices or medicinal bandages? I expect I might see some use out of those, eventually."
>>
>>1440990
De'moine will again cut his finger on his horn tip, flick the drops of blood at the door-frame, then follows Zaravan again.
>>
>>1440990
Monty knocks on the door
>>
>>1440990
"My goodness, Zaravan! I cannot help but feel that was a tad rude. Well.. no matter I suppose, we are in now."

Owain will look around, curious to see what the manor is like.

"Hellooooo?"
>>
>>1443742

"The servant mentioned that we knock. So I did." Zaravan replies in a blunt, clipped tone.

Saying no more, he makes to step into the Manor itself.
>>
>>1441065
Zaravan makes short work of the knocking mechanism and quickly heads inside.
The inside of the Mansion is lush, much unlike it's shrewd outside. Many Brownies, a good twenty of thirty, make their ways through the halls about their daily chores. I brownie in a stark blue dress walks up to Zaravan before bowing.
"Hello, Zaravan, I am Bethemili, the head mistress here. Of course, you've already met the head gardener, Numilla. Please, Mr. Gurgrich has been expecting you."
>>1442328
De'Moine follows through and sees the same sight as Zaravan.
>>1442772
Monty hears a high-pitched voice on the other side.
"Oh do come in!"
>>1443742
Owain enters, seeing the same sight as Zaravan.
>>1441065
>>1442328
>>1442772
>>1443742
>>1443813
The Brownie counts your heads.
"Right, uh, De'Moine, Owain, Monty, Zaravan... isn't there two more?"
>>1441935
"Hm," the dwarf strokes his chin. "I'll see what I have."
The dwarf leaves the counter and begins searching through his horde of a store. The luminous volumes of mass that make up it's contents are intimidating to say the least.
>>1441467
The gruff man raises an eyebrow.
"Keep that attitude up and we may shoot you in the back!"
Silence reigns between you two until the man cackles at his own 'joke'.
"Ah, I like you, I'll see what I can do."
>>
>>1443877

"I ask that you lead us to him, for this mansion is no doubt sprawling. Please, lead forth that we may know for why we have been summoned for our grim yet, holy work."

The stoic purifier bows to Bethemili, as a show of respect.

"If you would. I've no doubt that the Lord of this estate would see us now."

He pauses, and Zaravan adds; "As for the two who are absent. I do not doubt they have been delayed. Though I am certain they are not dead, after all, to die on the way here would be embarrassing, no doubt."
>>
>>1443877
Maleth leans out from the back of the group and waves.
>>
>>1444056
Owain waves back.
>>
>>1443877
"I like you too old man, my name is Triggerius"
She said while going for an armshake
>>
>>1443877
Jacob is left with nothing to do as he waits but himself browse some of the shop's wares, hoping for something he has particular use for to appear. It is not entirely fruitful.
>>
>>1443877
De'Moine looks resolutely above the heads of the Brownies, sighing and waiting for the Brownie to lead them onwards.
>>
>>1443877
Monty cleared his throat before entering the estate and changed his posture to one expected from nobles and royalty

"A pleasure to meet you Ms.Bethemili" Monty said in a smooth and more courteous tone than his usual brash and harsh tone of voice. He then walked over to the headmistress and curtly bowed his head maintaining his posture

"Must we wait for the others or can we commence our business now?"
>>
>>1444955
"Nonesense, Mr. Gurgrich wanted to speak to each of you independently anyways."
>>1443935
"Oh, okay. that's good to know."
>>1443935
>>1444056
>>1444092
>>1444670
>>1444955
The Brownie lady leads the party up the steps and down a few hallways away from the crowd of busy worker brownies to a set of double doors.
"Mr. Gurgrich awaits you in the study Zaravan. The rest of you may wait in the parlor if you wish."
>>1444270
"Old? Who you callin' old? The names Howard madam, glad to meet you."
The gruff man shakes Triggerius' hand awkwardly,
"Now, come with me, I'll take you to the mates."
>>1444390
After a few moments the dwarf returns.
"Well, it's no potion, but these should do."
He lays a couple rolls of gauze on the table.
"Seeing as these only heal light wounds. I'll ask yah 10 gold pieces each. So fifty for the five of 'em."
>>
>>1446347

Head high. Zaravan strides forth, and makes to open one of the doors to enter the Study.

He does not say a word.
>>
>>1446347
Triggerius smiles and follows the man
>>
>>1446347
Maleth looks at Owain and shrugs.
>>
>>1446347
"I see, I see." Monty saunters over to the parlor all the while he carefully eyed the crowd of busy brownies wondering as to what they are doing
>>
>>1446827

Owain stares in shock and confusion at Monty's complete change of mannerism.

"....Monty? Is that you, my friend?"
>>
>>1446347
"Fair enough. I'll take three," Jacob decides, handing the dwarf the gold. "Hopefully I won't have any need of them; I'm only planning to travel until I find work." With a sigh, he adds, "I don't suppose you've any idea which way the closest town that has use for a smith is?"
>>
>>1447018
"Yes, yes it is. Why are you look at me like that is there something in my face?" Monty looked quizzically at owain.
>>
>>1446347
De'Moine moves to a wall, and leans against it, before pulling out a strip of dried meat and starting to chew it. His great-axe is lent against the wall next to him.
>>
>>1446461
Zaravan enters the study.
The inside of the study is quite large, the walls are made of a dark oak along with the majority of the furniture. A dark blue decks the walls, offsetting the dark oak. A man at a desk on the other side of the room looks through a large window seeing the majority of the forest and the town of Fillaircontant.
"Ah yes, Zaravan, man of the church. I do hope you've recieved my letter."
>>1446827
Monty finds that the brownies seem to be carring random bits and bobs around, most like for laundry and other chores.
>>1447018
>>1448083
>>1448594
The rest of the party waits in the lavish parlor, mulitple booths, tables, and booze await them in the marble and oak room.
>>1447892
"Well, the nearest city is Enlinfield. But most people don't hire mercenary smiths such as yourself. It's usually done through apprenticeship."
>>1446568
Triggerius follow the man into the bar.
The inside of the bar reeks of alcohol and other often misused substances on top of much noise pollution. Howard is seen chatting up a table of men, obviously hunters due to their pelts.
Howard suddenly addresses Triggerius:
"...and this folks is Triggerius, she'll watch out back on the next hunt. Isn't that right?"
>>
>>1449393
"Thats right while you don't have to worry about getting hurt while I am out there with you"
Triggerius said and then smiled at the party
>>
>>1449393
With his curiosity sated he walked over to the Parlor's bar and poured himself a cup of whiskey. "So tell me owain" He turned to face Owain "Is this your first time dealing with nobility?" He took a sip from his cup and leaned back on the bar.
>>
>>1449393

"I have come to Purify the wretched evil that lurks here." Zaravan says, getting right to the point.

"I shall not falter nor fail in this sacred mission. I need little payment save what I need for nourishment and to maintain my holy weaponry. As I have not come here for gold, but for a greater purpose, I shall make due with the bare minimum."

Zaravan takes a moment to produce the letter, before stepping forth and gently laying it on the desk.

"I can begin whenever and wherever I am needed here. I shall not fail you."

He respectfully steps back, and remains silent. However, he turns his gaze out the window. Staring ahead as if to perceive whatever may lurk in the unknown.
>>
>>1449393
Maleth looks around the room in a pleasant manner, poking random things.
>>
>>1449393
"I hardly consider myself a mercenary," Jacob comments with a slightly brittle smile, "even if circumstances cause me to travel as I do. In any case, which way should I leave to head for this Enlinfield?"
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.