[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Quest - Volume 2: Hopefully the QM won't die edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 139
Thread images: 2

File: 400px-Selfish.png (190KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Selfish.png
190KB, 400x400px
In this quest, Demons walk the earth and ravage the land as they see fit. The players assume the role of a adventurer in these dark times. Seeking fame and fortune.
>Last volume:
>>1351803
>For newcomers
Simply type your character's name, gender, and race and yee shall spawn into the Dark world.
>>
Name: Zaravan
Race: Human
>>
>>1385033
What options are there for races? Does this share Darkest Dungeon's setting?
>>
>>1381742
The Old man thinks for a second before responding.
"I believe the village malitia has some crossbows and bolts if that's what you're looking for. But, I do doubt they'd just give 'em to you."
>>1382581
Monty continues shaking the dead bug, making sure it's dead.
>>1383556
Sir Owain scouts the surroundings, it appears those were the only bugs that are nearby, although, walking towards the hamlet might be equally as dangerous. It may be best to move forward. The trees can hide even the most incompetent of ambuses.
>>1385058
Zaravan looks around, upon recieving a letter from the gurgrich estate he had rushed to seek the only carridge that went there. But it appears to have left. Does he dare attempt the journey on foot? Or should he try to find another way?
>>1385067
Any fantasy race you can find really, as long as it's humanoid. As for the setting, it does share some parts from my personal Darkest Dungeon game I am currently playing. But you are not limited to just that you can go adventuring and seeking work wherever you please.
>>
>>1385033
Goramash
Male
Gnoll
>>
>Name: Jacob Smisson
>Gender: Male
>Race: Human
Was tempted to go for something out there, like an Illithid or a Sahuagin, but decided on the whole that boring is better for everyone.
>>
With little hesitation, Zaravan quickly takes stock of anything useful nearby, be it made for either causing wounds or staving off death.
>>
>>1385074
Owain checks on the condition of the carriage driver (assuming there is one, and it wasn't one of the three driving the thing.)
If the driver is dead, he will offer a short prayer for his passing.
If wounded but alive, Owain will carry the man as they move on.

"Come, friends. Many dangers still lurk around us, let us make haste to our destination. I do hope we can make it there before sundown."
>>
>>1385221
"Hope not, only prepare for the worst and end the man's suffering and be done with it as we can't afford to drag someone through the forest to the nearest hamlet at this time" Monty walked over to the driver who he presumed to be mortally wounded
>>
>>1385074
Name: The Slayer
Race: Dragonkin (also known as Halfdragon, Dragonborn, Dragon Disciple, etc.)
>>
>>1385074
"Hmmm. not really what i was looking for. But thank you anyway."
De'Moine looks around.
"Hardly a time to be moving on ones own. I think I'll wait here till the rest arrive."
>>
>>1385094
>>1385140
>>1385401
Goramash, Jacob, and The Slayer appear to be in the same boat as Zaravan. Carridge-less to the place of work.
>>1385170
Zaravan finds he's just on the edge of town, the centre of town has many stalls and stores capable of suiting his needs.
>>1385221
Owain finds the driver dead. Stuck low from one of the insects, Owain offers a short prayer before moving on.
>>1385389
Monty also finds the driver dead.
>>1385461
The Old man speaks up.
"Well that's fine, there's an old tavern in the centre of the village. I'm the owner, you may rest there until your little friends arrive."
>>
>>1385604
De'Moine buys a round of drinks for a gold, Strong spirits for him, and then 3 tankards of Ale. He's hoping that no more than three people turn up. He sits outside, with the ales on a barrel next to him.
>>
>>1385604
loot the drive and take his clothes
>>
>>1385604
>>1385637

"A shame.. may he find his peace with the L--Dear God, Monty! The body hasn't even gone cold yet! At least leave the poor man his clothes. What good will shredded, bloody clothes do you?"

Owain shakes his head at Monty's distasteful behavior and moves ahead.
>>
>>1385650
"It's a habit, Corpses are rarely given the courtesy of being left alone where I am from. Besides we're going to need kindling for the fire"
>>
>>1385669
"I understand, and I know that we can get more use out of it than him now. Still, it simply does not seem proper. Well, no matter now I suppose."

Owain sighs and continues along the path.
>>
>>1385604
>>1385637
>>1385800
Maleth walks up and puts a hand on Monty's shoulder.
>>
>>1385604
Having missed the last carriage, Jacob has little choice but to continue the last leg of the journey on foot.
>>
>>1385854
"You go on ahead, I'll catch up with ye"

Monty continues to rummage through the dead man's belongings
>>
>>1385631
De'Moine finds that due to the secluded nature of the village, beer and many other spirits are much more expensive. The strong spirits alone cost him 5 gold and the three tankards total out to about 10. Regardless, De'Moine enjoys his drinks while waiting for the rest of the group.
>>1385637
Monty loots rummages through the dead driver. He finds 30 gold in his left coat pocket.
>>1385650
>>1385669
>>1385800
Sir Owain begins moving ahead of the old road. The wind can be heard whoosing through the trees, the cold breeze chilling Owain in his armour. All is quiet as Owain presses forth, but he must keep his guard up, for even an idle rat can attack at any moment.
>>1385854
Maleth puts a hand on Monty's shoulder
>>1386200
Monty finds a light pickaxe tied to the man's belt, as well as two silver rings on his fingers.
>>1386120
Jacob begins his journey on foot. After crossing a couple miles of fields he approaches what appears to be an endless forest.
>>
>>1386314
Taking his bearings once more from the sun in the sky, Jacob proceeds to follow the old beaten road into the forest.

Should I be checking my inventory right about now, or can I make assumptions about my possessions within reason?
>>
>>1386326
You probably should.
>>
>>1386329
Let us assume that Jacob does that as well, then.
>>
>>1386314
Owain will stop after some distance to wait for the other two, while keeping alert and probably shivering a little. He wanted to be far away enough to not have to see Monty rummage through the dead man's things, but he knows to not wander too far in case more monsters pop out than he can handle alone.
>>
>>1386314
De'Moine sits outside and enjoys the weather, watching the path into the village that he came from.
>>
Between the measly seventy-Five gleaming pieces of Gold in his pocket, two stale cuts of hardtack and the old, slightly blunt woodcutter's axe he grips, Zaravan sees little choice but to stubbornly follow the road to his destination.
>>
File: No.png (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
No.png
77KB, 500x500px
>>1386406
>>
>>1386406
>>1386427
I realise a pic alone isn't really much to go off of. I roll randomly for how much money you have. Then I generate equipment for you depending on what funds you get. Regardless, it's good to know what you want to wield. So I'll write up your inventory next post.
>>
>>1386443

(Well, now don't I feel like a fucking idiot!)
>>
>>1386449
(Don't you just feel like you could be embarrassed to deth?)
>>
>>1385604
First before going anywhere, Goramash takes note of his inventory.
>>
Post in a little while, just need to write up inventory for a couple characters. Please be patient.
>>
>>1386326
>>1386347
Jacob goes along the old road. He finds he has 155 gold, a rapier, five throwing daggers, Leather armour, a buckler, and a silver holy symbol.
>>1386406
Zaravan goes along the same path as Jacob. He finds he has 103 gold, a handaxe, 2 throwing axes, Studded leahter armour, and a bronze feather.
>>1386326
>>1386406
Zaravan and Jacob walk side by side up the beaten path, they don't really talk to each other. A deathly silence comes between them as they carry on the old road. The only sound is the wind through the old oaks and their footsteps on the beaten earth.
>>1387131
Goramash finds he has a halberd, Hide armour, a deck of cards, and 125 gold.
>>1386352
Owain goes a small distance away from their destroyed carridge. In the distance he can see a group of lights ahead, it may be a village but from the shadowy atmosphere he can't tell.
>>1386363
De'Moine sits outside enjoying the gloomy, sullen weather. Many a gray cloud covering the starry sky.
Looking at the path he entered he sees no one, the silence of the village being reflected in the path.
>>
>>1387357
Despite this, all encompassing silence, Zaravan is not fooled, for at any moment, some foulmouthed fool with a dagger or some starving beast could leap from the dark. With head high and his stride undaunted, he continues along the Old Road, wary for whatever traps ad ambushes it may hold. With his destination being that dark, decrepit Estate he had been summoned to.
>>
>>1387357
Owain is tempted to investigate the lights further, but decides that it's best to wait for the others and check it out together.

While he's waiting, boredom overtakes him and he inspects that skull of pure crystal he's carrying around. He wonders what purpose it could serve.
>>
>>1387357
After taking into account his possessions and grabbing his halberd he decides the best choice will be to go along the road and catch up with the others. He gets up and begins the treck into this gloomy land standing tall.
>>
>>1387357
>>1387387
"Hail, stranger," Jacob greets the man to his side in a soft voice as he walks. "I don't believe we've met before. What brings you on this road?"

>>1387357
>silver holy symbol
I was actually planning on just being the son of a smith, but I guess I'm now a cleric or crusader of some sort now? Not to say that I can't also be a smith's son, of course.

Are we permitted to invent our own character backstories? What's the religion in this setting even like?
>>
>>1387411
You are allowed to yes, but just because you have a holy symbol doesn't mean you're a cleric you can easily put it into any backstory as either a family hierloom of self-made work.
>>
>>1387357
De'Moine begins to sing "over the hills and far away" as he sips his drink.
>>
>>1387411

Without hesitation, Zaravan responds with his deep voice, tone laden with determination and utmost certainty in his methods. "I have been called to the Gurgich Manor, that filthy, corrupted Estate. I must Purify it's wretched galleries of Evil, I shall not falter nor fail, for this is my Holy Mission."
>>
>>1387418
Maleth travels forth, taking the insect chitin for future armor.
>>
>>1387751
"Indeed? Yes, now that you speak of it, there is surely a feeling of wrongness to this land - though I cannot say just why..."

Jacob turns to look once again, more critically now, at the forest around them for a moment, before realizing: "Ah, I don't believe I've introduced myself." Extending a hand, he says, "I am Jacob, Smisson."
>>
>>1387387
>>1387411
>>1387751
>>1387872
Jacob and Zaravan continue on the old road. The path itself is broken and divided occasionally by the roots of the trees. The majority of the trees are covered in moss and unwelcoming fungi, making it difficult to tell which trees are still alive. Looking around Jacob stops and old abandoned tree, it's trunk a stark white compared to the other, more moss covered wooden abominations.
>>1387391
Owain examines his crystal skull, it appears to gleam as if struck by starlight you swear the thing almost looks alive due to it's menacing glow. You tried to throw it into a river once, only for it to reappear in your sachel the next day.
>>1387402
Goramash quickly catches up to Zaravan and Jacob due to mass amounts of running.
>>1387425
De'Moine's song and drink is interrupted by an ear shattering howl in the distance. Did I say howl? It sounded more like a blood-curdling roar of some- unmentionable horror.
>>
>>1387953
De'Moine's ears perk up. He shoulders his Greataxe, and begins shifting from one hoof to another. He lopes off in the direction of the howl, chuckling quietly to himself. He calls out to the villagers "Id get onto the roofs if you can, and get some of those crossbows you mentioned out!"
>>
>>1387872
His response is clipped, yet not rude, saying no more than he has to. "I am Zaravan, and at the end of this Old, sickened road, lies the reason for my purpose."

>>1387953
He stops, and stares at the White Tree. "This tree. Despite the twisted corruption that seeps around it, it remains a beacon of Purity. A ray of Hope in this sea of darkness.
>>
>>1387953
Having caught up Goramash decides to continue at a walking pace along with the two other travelers.
>>1387981
Once catching up his ears couldn't help but catch the words of this determined man at the white tree.

"You sound as if you know why these lands are as they are. Even I in my many travels have never seen such a dark place. My name is Goramash, as given to me during my birth into my clan as is the Gnolls way. But those days are gone now and now I wander these lands without much purpose."
>>
>>1388074

With hardly a glance, Zaravan responds simply. "I know only that what lies at the end, at that Wretched Manor lies such a great evil, that my very purpose is to Purify that dark heart of sickness."
>>
>>1387953
Monty caught up or atleast tried to catch up to sir owain
>>
>>1387953
>>1387783
>>1388263

Owain will fiddle around with the skull for a bit, then put it away when he sees the other two coming.
"Ah, there you are. Look, over there. What do you suppose that is? Shall we go see?"
Owain points to the group of lights that can be faintly seen ahead.
>>
>>1388314
"Let's" Monty keeps his sword drawn as he walked slowly towards the light.
>>
>>1388074
"Well met, Goramash. I do not know how much you overheard, but I am Jacob, and this is Zaravan."

Just getting that out of the way, in character.

>>1388116
"I cannot help but envy so steadfast a sense of purpose," Jacob sighs. "You must share sometime how you came to take up this mission of yours. For now, we should perhaps carry on walking. I cannot shake the feeling something will go wrong, if we tarry overlong here."
>>
>>1388798
Owain does so as well.
>>
>>1387959
De'Moine calls out to villagers, within moments the men and women scramble to figure out what's going on. Before long a large bipedal boar charges straight through a house in a mad fury.
>>1387981
Zaravan stares at the white stump of a tree. For a beacon of Purity it appears very deceased. As if the fungi had nothing left to take away.
>>1388074
Gnolls aren't the most popular of companions due to their raiding nature. It was only because of their near extinction did Gnolls turn to man for help. As with many others.
>>1388116
Zaravan has known of the corruption of the Gurgrich Manor. Once a place of squalur and backstabbing. Their methods and strange atmosphere is well known as a children's story. Although, a child's tale does not lead to mass death.
>>1388929
Jacob continues conversing with Zaravan and Goramash.
>>1388263
>>1388314
>>1387783
Maleth carves out the insect chiten for future armour before him and Monty return to Owain. (Sorry for glossing over you there Maleth my bad.)
>>1388798
>>1388949
Owain's party head towards the light, after a couple of footsteps they hear a loud ferocious roar before screaming breaks out. It appears the light is in fact a village. A village being attacked.
>>
>>1388929

"Then let us be off, and so that we may reach our destination."

>>1389066

With such determined sense of purpose that it almost seeps into the air around him, Zaravan begins striding down the Old Road, though he makes a point of waiting enough for Goramash and Jacob.
>>
>>1389066
After finishing the conversation with the two other travellers Goramash begins to continue his walk down the gloomy path alongside them.
>>
>>1389066
"Those screams.. people! Quickly, they need our assistance!"
Owain wastes no time running to the direction of the village.
>>
>>1389066
De'Moine lets out a bellowing roar, and charges towards the boar, intending to slam the boar into a wall once begins to loose impetous then follow up with an axe blow to the guts.

even though my ID has changed im still the same guy. I'm posting from my PC not my laptop
>>
>>1389066
>>1389071
>>1389087
As he walks alongside the other two, Jacob continues to peer around curiously into the absolute silence of the forest, as if trying to puzzle out the reason for his unease.
>>
>>1389093
"My guess is more bugs" Monty runs into the outskirts of the village and begins sneaking inside
>>
>>1389071
>>1389303
>>1389087
Zaravan and company continue their way up the old road, after a couple more hourse they see a recently ruined Carridge just up ahead. Corpses dotting around it.
>>1389189
As if by instinct the Boar grabs De'Moine by the throat stopping him mid-charge. The grotesque shape of the boar rivaling that of his own. It roars in his face, it's as if the demons of hell and the livestock had an abomination of a baby.
>>1389093
>>1389458
Owain and Monty approach the village seeing the battle between De'Moine and the Boar-man taking place. People are screaming and running for their lives as De'Moine is struggling to be rid of the beasts grasp.
>>
>>1391787
Owain runs past the fleeing villagers, stopping when he sees the sight of the bull-man fighting the boar-man. Minotaurs aren't typically very friendly or civil, at least from what Owain had heard, so he doesn't know who to attack or what to make of the situation.

He wastes a few moments just watching, unsure of what to do, until he finally decides that the boar seems like the bigger threat and swings his sword at its arm in an attempt to free De'Moine from its clutches.

"Take this, demon!"
>>
>>1391787
"This could pose a problem if whatever that attacked the carriage is still around, watch yourselves".

After readying his halberd Goramash moves ahead with his senses raised in alert to investigate the carriage and the bodys.
>>
>>1391787
>>1391993
"Yes, but there isn't time to dawdle - there may yet be survivors!" Jacob hastens to the check the bodies, one hand on the hilt of his rapier.
>>
>>1391787
"This is like last solstice festival I went to" Monty follows Owain's lead and opted to stab the bear in the back.
>>
>>1391787

Zaravan takes his axe in a two handed stance, and moves toward the raided carriage while making a point to pay extra attention to the surroundings.

"Whatever caused this may indeed still be around, if we find nothing of use or none who still live, it would be ideal that we continue on in haste.
>>
>>1391787
De'Moine twists his head to the side and tries to gore the Boar-mans throat with his horns, laughing all the time.
>>
>>1391787
Oh shit, I thought this died

>Sigrid readies an arrow, and takes aim at the boar-thing, waiting until De'Moine is not in the way of her shot.
>>
>>1391787
Maleth charges forth an attempts to stun the Boarman.
>>
>>1391910
Owain runs in to chop into the Boar-man-pig. The Beast staggers back avoiding his swing.
>>1392302
Monty uses this to his advantage and stabs the Beast right between the shoulders! It squeals in pain as the blade pierces it's hide.
>>1395600
Maleth runs up and punches the Boar-man in the snout. His head jerks backwards, bleeding.
>>1393275
De'Moine attempts to Gore the Boar-man with his horns but he can't keep track of what's going on since...
>In a fit of rage the Beast slams De'Moine into the ground! His face half-buried in rubble.
>>1394125
Once the Boar-man slams De'Moine into the ground Sigrid takes her shot! Only for it to fling right by his head.
>>1391993
>>1393150
Goramash and Zaravan carefully move towards the carridge, keeping an eye out for any future Ambush.
>>1392081
Jacob finds that all the bodies are dead, either torn apart of stabbed to death. The body count is one man, three many-legged insects, and two horses. Although, one man versus such large insects isn't very possible, so it means they have either gone up ahead. Or have taken hiding or unknown purposes. That being said, there is no more perfect ambush than that of an accident.
>>
>>1397620
De'moine rears up his head and bellows out a challenge to the boar man. He lowers his head, and charges, bluffing that he is intending to gore the boar man again, intending to sweep the boar-mans legs with his axe instead of using his horns
>>
>>1397620
"Dead," Jacob sighs, having finished checking the man's corpse, "but there may yet be survivors up ahead. Best we move too, before more of these things show."
>>
>>1397846

Still alert, Zaravan wordlessly moves ahead, down the Old Road, though he glances back to make sure Goramash and Jacob are following.
>>
>>1397620
Owain will step back when De'moine charges the boar, he doesn't want to get trampled in the middle of their battle.

He'll wait for an opening to land a hit or two in.
>>
>>1397620
Press the advantage Climb onto the beast and stab it repeatedly
>>
>>1397692
De'Moine becons his challenge. The Boar-man stops and accepts it in a mixture of fettered grunts. As both of them charge at each other De'Moine takes out his axe and Cleaves into the Boar-man's kneecaps.
>The Boar-man topples over, dazed and confused.
>>1398097
Monty climbs onto the Beast's chest and begins stabbing the Boar-man! Creating a fresh wound in the being's throat!
>>1397692
>>1398017
>>1398097
As blood splurts all over Monty the beast roars and bellows as it slowly chokes on it's own blood. Within minutes the Beast breaths it's last.
People cheer around the party as they have defeated the beast. The old man from before muscles his way through the crowd.
"Thank you saving our village from such a beast. Please, tell us of your names so we may remember you in the future."
>>1397846
>>1397893
Jacob and Zaravan continue up the old Road, after a few hours they reach a village that was recently under attack.
>>
>>1400017
Maleth goes to cripple the Boarman's legs by hamstringing it.
>>
>>1400017

With keen, cold eyes, Zaravan takes in the sights of the slightly damaged village.

"It seems that blood has been spilled here, though it still stands. Best we see what there is to purchase before we move on."

With that, the stoic individual makes his way into the village proper to browse for supplies.
>>
>>1400027
It's dead john
>>
>>1400017
>>1400099
"I wonder if there is employ to be found here," Jacob muses, looking about the village. Glancing at Zaravan, he adds: "God speed you on your mission, but from what you've said of the Manor, I doubt I'd last if I followed you there."
>>
>>1400017
"My name....Is ser Waka waka doo doo. And I need a new weapon. Also gurgrich manor where is it?" Monty pulled his sword out of the beast and went on to look something that resembled a store
>>
>>1400405
*Due to my work schedule, assume that I am with Monty and helping him fight, though I am not sacrificing myself for him to escape.*

Maleth grunts and goes in search of a drink and a bed.
>>
>>1400017
>>1398017
>>1400027
>>1400872

De'Moine strides over to the three who joined the fight.
"I had some drinks around here at the Tavern. Should still be okay if porky here didn't spill them with the earthquake he caused when he died."
De'Moine then realises that he never told the villagers his name. He turns to the village Elder
"Its De'Moine by the way. Former...." He stops and pulls out a small piece of bloodstained paper and squints at it. "... Musketeer."
>>
>>1401358
"Montaigne De Michelle, otherwise known as waka waka doo doo yeah. but you and my friends my call me Monty" Monty held out his blood covered hand for a handshake.
>>
>>1401380
De'Moine grabs his hand and shakes it heartily. He then heads back to the small tavern he was drinking at and checks if the drinks he brought are still there. If they are, he hands one to each of the new arrivals
>>
>>1401358
>>1401358

"I do not believe I am worthy of such praise as the other two managed to do much more than I. I am satisfied with knowing that the people are safe from harm, thanks to the guidance and protection of the Lord!"

Owain then looks at the minotaur skeptically for a few moments, surprised that another fight hadn't broken out. He was surprised further De'Moine offered them drinks, but he shrugs it off and figures that a friendly minotaur isn't the most unbelievable thing he's encountered.

"Mighty fine work there, my friends! A beast as strong as that would have been hard to deal with were it not for your incredible strength, De'Moine.. I am sir Owain Annesley, a pleasure to make your acquaintance!" he says to De'Moine with a handshake of his own as He, De'moine, Monty and Maleth all walk together. "A drink is more than welcome! It was not easy to make our way to this village, and we still have a ways to go before we get to Gurgrich manor."
>>
>>1401436
Aye, then let's collect the parts of value and get on to the place, damned as it may be.
>>
>>1400723
De'Moine calls across to Monty
"They have some corssbows, but I think they might want to be holding on to them seeing as that thing just trashed one of their houses."
>>1401436
"Also, I did buy the drinks so you would not attack me on sight."
>>
>>1401605
"Actually I was hoping for a sword or at least some sort of shield but can't get what you need or want nowadays." Minty shrugged as he walked with owain and De'Moine

"So De'Moine what brings you out here to the great village of er.. Whatever the name of the village is"
>>
>>1402011
"Well this piece of paper is a contract with the Gurgrich Estate." De'Moine hands you the piece of bloodstained paper he read from before. It reads
Contract with De'moine, Musketeer, to render services to the Gurgrich Estate to the best of his ability in return for room, board and pay, to be decided on upon arrival. The contract holder will provide both gun and shot himself. It is signed De'Moine, in a very small neat hand writing, as though by someone with not only learning, but neat, rather small, cursive.
>>
>>1402028
Maleth looks it over.
"Ya don't look like you've got the hands fer that writin."
>>
>>1402038
Nonesonse, I am offended that simply because I'm a Minotaur you think I have poor handwriting. Why your just as bad as that fellow I met on the road, who shot at me without a second thought, and then came at me with a rapier. I was forced to kill him just to protect myself.".
>>
>>1402042
"Ah Minotaurs... your women are quite feisty. Anyway We too are going to gurgrich. Do you er... Know the way?"
>>
>>1402028
"What exquisite handwriting! Did you learn to write yourself, or were you taught? I have never met such a civil and literate Minotaur before. Err... no offense, friend. Well, more importantly.."

Owain pulls out his own contract with Gurgrich manor to show De'Moine. "..it seems we have the same destination, interestingly enough."
>>
>>1402647
"I still have the map, we can plot the remaining course to our destination over drinks and some much needed rest!"
>>
>>1402655
"Err, rapidly self taught"
Looking at De'Moine it seems you cannot see any wounds that would have caused the large amount of blood covering "his" contract.
>>1402686
"I suggest we head on that way" He gestures to the path the villagers showed him earlier. "Finish our drinks and move out, while I've slept in forests and caves most of my life, I'd prefer to not be forced to sleep in these woods, especially if there's any more like piggy over there."
>>
>>1402686
"Good, well now where is the nearest inn, I have a voracious appetite"
>>
>>1400723
The old man stops for a bit in disbelief. "Waka-Waka... okay then..."
>>1401358
"Musketeer? Clearly, you must not be from these parts."
>>1401380
>>1401382
De'Moine serves his new-found drinks to his new-found arrivals.
>>1401436
>>1401595
>>1401605
>>1402011
"It's the village of Fillaircontant." The Old man chimes up.
>>1402028
>>1402038
Actually now that the three of them inspect their letters they've recieved. It appears as if they were all beconed to the estate. Or, just perhaps some writer's cramp.
>>1402042
>>1402647
>>1402655
>>1402686
>>1402711
>>1402725
The three of them realise they're standing right in front of the one-story inn named: "The Horned Piggy."
>>1400099
Zaravan finds that by slightly damaged is more, some are but one has a recently deceased giant boar thing buried in it.
>>1400666
>666
Jacob wishes Zaravan god speed before seeing a glint in the dirt, upon further inspecting it appears to be a beautiful silver ring.
>>
>>1402844
Stooping over, Jacob picks the ring up to inspect it.
>>
>>1402844

Resolute, Zaravan wastes no time finding some kind of General Trader to purchase supplies.
>>
>>1402844
Monty enters the tavern and looks for a wench he can whoo so that his bed maybe warm tonight.
>>
>>1402844
Owain asks the old man what he knows about Gurgrich manor, if he's still around. The group barely knows anything about the place other than its name and location on the map, some more info could be useful.
>>
>>1402844
Maleth, ever the pragmatist, begins to harvest the usable parts and inspects the carcass.
>>
>>1402844
De'Moine asks the Bartender if he wants the pigmans skull to hang beneath his sign, in return for a room for the night.
>>
>>1402937
Upon further inspection, Jacob finds the ring has a strange blueish sheen. It almost has a slight glow to it.
>>1402956
Zaravan finds the local trade store. Although the sign says it's closed right now until morning.
>>1403084
There seems to be a disturbing lack of wenches in this tavern. It's actually rather quiet right now.
>>1403169
The Old Man replies:
"Well, now that you mention it, the manor itself has been empty for decades. I really doubt the man who hired you is the owner of it, and if he is, I doubt he's alive."
The man stroked his chin.
"May I see the piece of paper you have there?"
He points to the letter in Owain's hands.
>>1403371
As soon as Maleth cuts into the boar, it's wounds pour pound upon pound of ashes in Maleth's face, covering the area in a thick smoke. Once is clears, Maleth finds that the boar-man has been replaced with an ordinary human.
>>1403927
The Bartneder shurgs.
"Eh, sure, why not. I'll give you a room for the night if you fetch me it. It'll attract customers."
>>
>>1406059

Irritated, but not dissuaded, Zaravan strides toward the local Tavern, intent on gathering information.
>>
>>1406059
"Empty, you say? How peculiar... Ah, you mean this?"

Owain hands the old man the letter.

"I wonder who wrote this letter, then.. it appears whoever did it, is gathering a sizable number of people. Three others have it as well, perhaps with more that I do not know of. I wonder what it all means..."
>>
>>1406059
With a slight shrug, Jacob pockets the ring before heading into town, looking around for places of note.
>>
>>1406059
"....This tavern is as barren as my mother's nether region." Muttered Monty as he sauntered up to the bar.

"What watered down spirits do you have in this fine establishment my good sir" Monty said in a posh voice in an attempt to make the bartender laugh
>>
>>1406059
De'Moine walks over and looks at the human body lying in front of Maleth, and the piles of ashes surrounding him. He makes a small hand-sign, cuts his finger on his horn, and flicks the blood drop at the ashes, before walking away muttering, sucking on his finger. He then asks the Bartender if its okay for him to rest in the common room, since he doubts any of the beds would be big enough for him.
>>
>>1406170
Zaravan heads to the Tavern. It's a combination of a tavern and an inn for wary travellers.
>>1406219
"Hm, I see." The old man replies. "It appears it was written by a Franken Gurgrich. I feel like I know that name..."
>>1406553
Jacob finds that the only notable buildings is a tavern/inn, and a general goods store. Not much else beyond that.
>>1406893
The Bartender doesn't even unfurl his heavy brow.
>>1407464
"Well, as long as you don't break anything. I don't see why not." The, rather muscular bartender snorts. "You did save this village from a rampaging boar-thing if I heard things correctly."
>>
>>1408925
Is there no town hall, central notice board, or more specialized kinds of workers or services?

How large IS this town? How many houses or buildings are there?
>>
>>1408925

Without a single sound leaving his mouth, Zaravan creaks open the Tavern door, and strides directly for the Bartender, ignoring all else.
>>
>>1408974
It's only like, a few buildings. like somewhere between 5 and 9.
>>
>>1408925
"You must be fun at parties, How much for a room?"
>>
>>1408925
With only two options, Jacob decides to first head to the general store and browse their wares.
>>
>>1409073
Maleth searches the body for clues.
>>
>>1408925
"Is that so? Well if anything comes to mind, please do tell. It would help us prepare for what's ahead, since things are not as they seem over there."
>>
>>1409050
The Bartender lifts his gaze from his bar and looks up towrads Zaravan.
"May I help you?"
>>1409130
"A room'll be about 15 gold for a standard room, and 30 gold for our best."
>>1409153
Jacob finds that the general store is closed right now. He may need to come back in the morning.
>>1409166
Beyond 20 gold the beings pocket and a large amount of questionable ashes. Maleth doesn't find much on the body except maybe some tattered clothes.
>>1410360
"Eh, sorry, my memory is not what it used to be." The old man returns the letter. "May I offer you a stay at the tavern for getting rid of the large beasty?"
>>
>>1410999
De'Moine begins clearing a space on the floor. He sweeps the floor "clean".
what time of day is it? should we be looking for sleeping quarters, or is it old RPG reflexes kicking in for us?
>>
>>1410999
"That is fine, thank you for your help. And I appreciate the offer, but I have no coin on me, I cannot afford to patronize your local tavern. All is well, though! I am rather used to sleeping outdoors, haha! Well, stay safe!"

Owain says his goodbyes to the old man and goes to check back on the boar carcass, hoping to carve out some cuts of meat to eat for dinner only to be disappointed and confused by the sight before him.

"...what happened to our boar?" he asks Maleth.
>>
>>1411019
It's about 7 p.m. give or take. So yeah, might be best to get some rest.
>>
>>1410999
Disappointed, Jacob turns to head towards the inn.
>>
>>1410999

With such an impassive, disgusted gaze, uncaring to that which he deems unimportant, Zaravan answers in his flat tone;

"I have come, down this Old Road, to make my way toward that wretched manor, the Gugrich estate. As is my Holy Mission, my very purpose to cleanse that filthy place and to purify it. I ask you, Bartender, what or where is the path to that dark place?"
>>
>>1411019
De'Moine clears a space on the barroom floor as best he can. It's looks pretty clean for a wooden, neglected floor.
>>1411026
Owain waves goodbye to the old man before returning to the boar-man. But it appears as though the boar-man has been replaced with a regular man. Strange.
>>1411053
Jacob enters the Tavern/Inn it appears Zaravan is already there.
>>1411127
"..."
The Bartender leans on the bar.
"Take the road south of here. It'll lead you straight there."
>>
>>1411365

Silent, Zaravan turns to take a seat and rest at one of the many tables, though not before wordlessly handing the Bartender five pieces of Gold as thanks.
>>
>>1410999
"Standard room" Monty hands the bartender 15 gold
>>
>>1411365
Acknowledging Zaravan with a brief nod in passing, Jacob walks over to the bar.

"Evening," he greets the innkeeper, "how much for a meal and a room for the night?"
>>
>>1411365
De'Moine lounges back and stretches put. He settles down to sleep, intending to wake up before the sun, and make the best of the daylight.
>>
>>1411389
The Bartender nods as Zaravan rests at the table.
>>1411390
Monty spends fifteen gold on a room for the night. He is led to a room with a bed and a desk to the side.
"It's yours for a day." The Bartender explains before returning to his bar.
>>1411431
"It'll be 20 gold total." The buff Bartender says.
>>1412311
De'Moine begins to sleep.
>>
>>1414813

Sitting down, Zaravan begins let himself drift into sleep, though with the intent to wake up not too soon after dawn. He hardly breathes, he is so quiet.
>>
>>1414813
"Fair," Jacob nods, handing the bartender the gold. "Cheaper than most places I've seen. Do travelers pass through here often?"
>>
>>1414813
Owain inspects the man's clothes. He'll ask around town if anyone recognizes the man or, if the body is too unidentifiable, if they at least recognize his clothes.
>>
>>1414813
Wanna split the cost Jacob?
>>
>>1414930
I don't personally have any problem with it, but in-character Jacob has no idea who you are. And sharing a room with a complete stranger generally seems like a decent way of getting robbed in your sleep.
>>
>>1415023
Then we drink to know each other.
>>
>>1414813
Monty decides to go to and dreams of large buxom women.
>>
>>1415073
If you want, we could try to find a way to segue into that in-character, though it'd probably be a little awkward.
>>
>>1415877
*Then how about I go to ask the barkeep what you just did, you respond instead of him, and I buy you a drink as thanks. Just as a note, Maleth is from a very open and communal tribe, which is why he is like this.*
Thread posts: 139
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.