[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Quest - Volume 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 2

File: 1487159176_fear].jpg (36KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1487159176_fear].jpg
36KB, 300x200px
In this quest, Demons walk the earth and ravage the land as they see fit. The players assume the role of a adventurer in these dark times. Seeking fame and fortune.
>For newcomers
Simply type your character's name, gender, and race and yee shall spawn into the Dark world.
>Notes on the Quest System
The setting is similar to darkest dungeon, but both you and enemies are not confined to specific areas. Rather, you have an entire world to explore.
As for the system itself, it a large homebrew mix of Pathfinder, Shadow of the Demon Lord, and Savage Worlds taking bits and pieces from those systems as I see fit.
>>
>>1351803
Name:As above (So below)
Race:Black
>>
>>1351803
Ireix Blightspear
Male
Gnoll
>>
This is my first time doing this so hopefully someone guides me or something

Name:Huang Kong
Race: Confused about this one, like the Human Race race? Or like Creature race? Either way Chinese-Asian, and I guess if we're talking creature race uh Skaven/Rat Person (Though I'm thinking more like GW Skaven though if they're a bit more human looking then maybe not)
>>
>>1351806
Asabove, you awaken in a ruined carridge on and old cobblestone road. Both the carridge and the road have been neglected for years, bandits and other monstrocities have taken refuge along this path. Waiting for the right moment to strike
>>1351817
>>1351828
Ireix and Huang are travelling towards Gurgrich Manor, a place known to be shrowded in mystery. You are both in search on work whereever one may find it, and Gurgrich manor is just down the old road, after travelling for multiple days you see a neglected carridge.
>>1351828
(Human Race, this is my first time QMing as well so a lot of stuff is subject to change.)
>>
>>1351838
check what I have with me.
>>
>>1351838
Give my inventory a once over.
>>
>>1351838
Check my equipments, then ready my weapon and inspect the carriage
>>
>>1351841
(A good tip is to change your name from anonymous to your character name. That way it's easier for me to know who you are.)
Huang finds he has a light crossbow, ten bolts, a dagger, and a set of studded leather armor he is currently wearing. He also has 88 gold pieces.
>>1351844
Azkeroth finds he has a short sword, a chain shirt he's wearing and a bag of beans. He also has 40 gold.
>>1351845
Ireix has a Handaxe, a light shield, Studded leather armor he is wearing, and a small steel ball. He has 60 gold.
>>
>>1351860
>>1351845
(Whoops) Ireix readies his weapon and moves closer towards the carridge, it's neglected and is missing two of it's wheels as well as it's horses, vines have overtaken the vehicle and the once red paint has wheathered away. Ireix sees that there's someone inside it.
>>
>>1351860

>>1351866
follow Ireix's lead but keeping distance in case something jumps out. Load a bolt on the crossbow while doing this.
>>
>>1351866
Ready my axe and call out to the person
"Are you alright in there?"
>>
>>1351860
Hm.
I'll continue down the path.
Keep an eye out for foes
>>
>>1351869
Huang follows behind Ireix
>>1351870
>>1351873
Ireix calls out to the man in the carridge, but the man (That's you Azkeroth) gets out of the carridge and goes down the path, completely ignoring the other two.
>>
>>1351883
"Hey, I'm talking to you here!"
Chase Azkeroth
>>
>>1351883
>>1351889
Aim the crossbow towards the man. Keep it pointed at him
>>
>>1351883
Stop turn around and stare at them.
Saying nothing
>>
>>1351889
>>1351920
Ireix chases after the man whom turns around and stares at him.
>>1351892
Huang keeps his crossbow pointed at the man
>>1351889
>>1351892
>>1351920
Suddenly the three of them hear a twig snap. A sudden silence echos as nothing jumps out. Yet.
>>
>>1351926
point the crossbow towards where the sound came from.
>>
>>1351926
Ready myself towards the sound
>>
>>1351926
Draw my blade and wait
>>
>>1351931
Huang points his crossbow at the abandoned carridge.
>>1351931
>>1351943
>>1352006
Suddenly, two giant insects crawl out from the brush and with their many legs almost glide over the carridge. Their poisonous jaws snaping in the direction of the three travelers.
>>1351931
(To attack you need to roll a D20, to do that you type dice+1d20 in the options bar)
>>
Rolled 14 (1d20)

>>1352132
Attack the bugs. Lead the charge!
>>
>>1352132
OoC: So is it just normal for responses and play by plays to take hours between each other? This is my first time doing this sans the NaP threads.

anyway in character

Rolling to attack a bug with the crossbow. Shoot at the one Ireix is going for.
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>1352268
fuck
>>
Rolled 11 (1d20)

>>1352132
Take out my blade and swing at one of the bugs
>>
>tfw your internet cuts out for a 'short' period
>>1352134
Ireix cuts into the first insect dealing a massive blow through it's carapace.
>>1352268
Huang's bolt strikes the carridge, but not the insect.
>>1352281
Azkeroth hits the secong insect but his blade dings off the creatures carapace.

The first insect attacks missing Ireix entirely.
The second insect stumbles around.
>>
File: 1487554479092.jpg (688KB, 1280x1936px) Image search: [Google]
1487554479092.jpg
688KB, 1280x1936px
Fuck it I'll try, if you're still here.

Sigrid
Female
Half Giant
>>
>>1353270
Reload
>>
Rolled 8 (1d20)

>>1353270
Continue to strike the first insect!
>>
>>1354059
>>1354605
>>1355256
Oh shit! People!
>>1354605
Huang reloads his crossbow. Ready for action.
>>1355256
Azkeroth continues slashing against the insects carapace but to no effect.
>>1354605
>>1355256
The first insect lunges at Azkeroth, it misses.
The second insect bites straight through Azkeroth's armour! He can feel the poison seeping into his body.
>>1354059
Meanwhile, Sigrid waits next to a tree by the old road. You had went ahead of Huang and Ireix to scout for potential enemies. All of you were suppose to meet here. But only you've shown up.
>>
>>1356745
Let's try this:
Maleth
Male
Orcish Berserker
>>
>>1351803
Monty de michelle
male
Human

I have never played darkes dungeon before
>>
>>1356745
I climb the tree to get a better vantage point and see if I can spot my allies.
Also,
>Inventory
>>
>>1356745
Could I also get an inventory check?
>>
So uh, how many people are you allowing in this thing? I wanna join in, but it seems like you have a lot of people already.
>>
>>1358829
Infinite
>>
>>1359033
In that case, hope you don't mind if I hop in as well.

Sir Owain
Male
Human

Is each character's class chosen randomly or can we choose? I'd like to be crusader but if it's not up to me then that's cool too.
>>
>>1357244
>>1357490
>>1359221
Maleth, Monty, and Sir Owain begin their journey in a carridge following the old road to the Gurgrich estate for some monster problem. Despite the name being known far and wide, very few people actually know where the damn thing is.
>>1358629
Maleth has 88 gold, 2 handaxes, Scale mail, and One hundred feet of twine wrapped in a ball.
>>1358397
Sigrid climbs a tree to get a better view, although, he can't see much because there are thousands of trees blocking his view. The only thing he can see for miles around is an old, castle-like structure.
Sigrid brings with him 104 gold, a Longbow and 20 arrows, a short sword, leather armour, and a tiny glass cage.
>>1359221
Classes aren't a thing in this game. You gain abilities/perks depending on what you do, similar to skyrim.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

>>1359410
Strike again!
>>
>>1359410
Alright, cool.

I'll check what I have in my inventory then.

Strike up conversation with the other two, while I'm at it. Have the three of us been adventuring together long or is this our first time together?
>>
>>1359457
(Who are you exactly?)
>>1359555
Sir Owain finds that he's alone. Wierd. Even as the carridge rumbles through along the road you could have sworn there were two others with you. Bizzare.
>>
>>1359555
"Uhh hi, so uhh I don't suppose you have a map..or an idea as to where we are going" Monty climbed back into the carriage after taking some much needed breather on the roof of the carriage
>>
>>1359635
Hey I just wanted to say this is cool and I like what you're doing so far.

Am a huge fan of DD. I shall watch for the time being.
>>
>>1359635
I look around.

"Hm? Where have the other two gone..? I could have sworn the--OH SWEET MOTHER OF.....Phew, you startled me there, my friend. Ahem. As for our destination, the Gurgrich estate should be, err.. around here somewhere. I suppose the road will take us where we need to be eventually. Let me see about that map.."

I check to see what I have and if I happen to have a map with me.
>>
>>1359659
"Oh...huh, look friend I suggest you start looking for the road if your map because following a path without question got me here. No wait that was the alcohol, Alcohol always seems to get me into the strangest situations" Monty laid down, or at least tried to, on the seat opposite to Sir Owain.

"By the way, what are we doing going to gurich estate exactly."
>>
>>1359672
"Fret not, my friend! Even if we do not see the path clearly before us, we must believe that it will lead to where we are meant to be. That is what it means to have faith! We do not need maps when we have our faith in the Lord who guides us! ...And I am not only saying that because I cannot find my map."

I let out a hearty laugh.

"It seems the alcohol continues to cloud your mind. If you do not remember, we are heading to the estate to investigate some manner of disturbance caused by monsters. I am more than eager to smite evil monsters in the name of our Lord, but the fact that Gurgriche is a prominent name is quite a boon! Surely they will pay handsomely for our assistance. With that payment, you can buy as much alcohol as you want! Hahaha!"

"...Say, where is the other one? Was he on the roof with you?"
>>
>>1359743
"...huh nah I think I'll buy myself a shiny new sword or armor and as for our friend...I have no clue I had a hard time staying upright up there already with this headache of mine"

Monty burps before he checked his belts hoping that he has some sort of weapon on him.
>>
>>1359794
"A wise choice! New equipment is much more helpful at keeping men alive than a bottle of liquor. Ahh well, for now I suggest you get your rest while you still can. We need you in top shape so we can all do our part in taking care of those monsters! I do wonder what happened to Maleth, though. It would be troublesome to lose one of our own before the fighting even begins. Perhaps we should stop the carriage and search? We do not want him being left behind now."
>>
>>1359818
"Probably should, but I often find that those who employ sellswords are often highly irritable and impatient people thus we shouldn't dally for long lest we want to earn our employers ire."
>>
>>1359830
"Worry not, we shall not tarry long. We cannot leave a companion behind, either! You may wait here and rest, I will return shortly."

I'll stop the carriage and hop off, looking around for our lost friend and calling out to him. I'll take care not to stray too far from our ride, though. Don't want to get too separated or lost out here.
>>
>>1359868
I tell the driver if he doesn't get back here soon [two turns] that he should go on without him then take a nap
>>
>>1359876
I assume that I am still with the driver, as I have not moved from the carriage yet?
>>
>>1359639
>>1359659
Sir Owain looks at his surroundings, the bright velvet internal of the carridge contrasts to the dark brown oaks of the forest outside.
He had recieved a map along with a letter, but the Gurgrich Estate isn't on there, only a big red circle with the word "here"
>>1359672
>>1359743
>>1359794
Monty finds he has 40 gold, a chain shirt, and a short sword.
>>1359818
>>1359830
>>1359868
Sir Owain stops off the carridge and calls out for his companion.
>>1359876
>>1360077
As it turns out Maleth is still in the carridge, he'd just been silent the whole time.
>>
>>1360142
I return to the others.
"...You were there the whole time? Hm.. I hope that I am not losing my mind, or my sight. Well then, onwards to our questionably vague destination!"

I get back on and continue our ride and inspect the map for a bit to make sure we're still on course. I'll check my equipment while I'm at it, too. What else do I have besides the map?
>>
>>1359410
Sigrid jumps down from the tree and heads off towards the direction she saw the castle in.
>>
>>1360142
Name: De'Moine
Race: Minotaur

De'Moine steps out of the woods, and inspects his equipment.
>>
>>1360183
"those who are mad are the most amusing, and once in a while ingenious" Monty counts the coin he has in his purse and inspects his weapons.

"So tell me a bit about yourself owain"
>>
>>1360142
Maleth signs that he is here and gets ready for the rest of the journey.
>>
>>1360183
Upon further inspection of the map, the redish ink used to create the imprints seems a little, off. But it's nothing to pay too much mind to.
Owain finds he has two short swords, scale mail, the letter, the map, and a skull of pure crystal.
>>1360200
Sigrid begins his march towards the castle-like structure. After a couple of hours he reaches a small hamlet located in the midst of the woods. Crows caw as the sunless sky illuminates the structures of wood and stone.
>>1360200
>>1360248
Sigrid sees another traveller right next to him (that's you De'Moine) he appears to be a half and half mix of a man and a cow?
>>1360872
Maleth begins to rela-
>>1360183
>>1360663
>>1360872
The entire carridge rattles as something large and broad hits the side of it. Shaking everyone awake. Instantly one of the wheels of the vehicle is heard snapping like a twig. After a few moments of silence Owain's party hears scittering on the outside of the carridge. Both the driver and the horses are not heard.
>>
>>1361537
Get both axes ready and signal that we need to prepare to fight.
>>
>>1361537
I nod to Maleth in agreement, unsheathing the swords and hopping off the carriage.
I look around to see what ruined my pleasant nap.
>>
>>1361537
Pop my head out of the carriage window before exitting. I wish not rush blindly into what possibly could be a fight
>>
>>1361537
I look at the surprisingly tall woman next to me.
"You seem to be looking for something. I'm looking for work. Maybe we can reach an agreement."
>inventory
>Begin walking towards the village, looking for signs of life.
>>
>>1362641
Sigrid nods, she was expecting to meet some allies earlier but no one has shown up. Maybe this Minotaur will be welcome back up.

"Myself, and some allies were hired for a job at the Gurgrich Estate. I went ahead to make sure the coast was clear but no one's shown up yet. I'm sure the extra muscle will be appreciated, although I must confess I do not know the nature of the job.."

> Follow the Minotaur towards the village
>>
is does QM died
>>
>>1361602
Maleth prepares his axes.
>>1361639
Sir Owain readies his sword after an unpleasant awakening. He looks outside to see two large insects devouring the horses of the carridge, their many legs tearing the beasty apart.
>>1361960
Monty pops his head out and sees the two insects Owain does.
>>1362641
De'Moine finds he has a greataxe, studded leather armour, and 80 gold.
>>1362871
De'Moine and Sigrid head into the village, it's sparse of life but the two of them can make out one or two figures in the village.
>>
>>1380836
"Come Maleth, come Monty. Battle awaits!"

I will wait for Maleth and Monty to hop off the carriage, then charge at the bugs once the two are ready to fight as well.
>>
>>1380935
"Goddamnit now we have to fucking walk" Monty jumps out of the carriage sword drawn
>>
>>1380836
Maleth leaps out and charges the insects.
>>
>>1380935
Sir Owain charges at the first insect chopping through its hard carapace and into the fleshy bits inside.
>>1381087
Monty jumps out of the carridge ready for combat.
>>1381266
Maleth charges the insects chopping the creatures head clean off!
>A third insect lashes out from behind Monty! Monty's chain shirt protects him from the attack.
>The other insect lashes out at Owain in confusion from the suprise attack! It misses and falls over bleeding to death.
>>
>>1381293
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!
>>
>>1381293
"OH FUCK OFF" Monty swings his sword at the insect
>>
>>1380836
>De'Moine walks towards the figures raising a hand.
"HEY! Is that Castle the Gurgich Estate? We're looking for work there."
>>
>>1381338
Maleth attempts to earn the blood god's quarry. It doesn't seem to work though.
>>1381445
Monty stabs the insect straight through its carapace! It squeals in pain as the blade goes through it.
>>1381548
De'Moine walks towards the figure and asks where the Gurgrich Estate is the man, well on in his years talks to the minotuar.
"Gurgrich eh? Hmm, haven't heard that name in years. If I remember correctly it was just up that path."
The man points to an old beaten path leading out of the village.
>>
>>1381720
If you see some other more armed individuals come through, please let them know that we have gone on ahead. Also, do you have anything useful for ranged fighting in this hamlet? A few hunting pieces, even a pistol with some shot?
>>
>>1381720
CONTINUE SHANKING!!!
>>
>>1382581
Just bumping
>>
>>1381720
I'll leave the remaining bug to the other two, and scan our surroundings for any other bugs.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.