[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls Quest III: Battered Steel.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: battle-wallpaper-4.jpg (777KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
battle-wallpaper-4.jpg
777KB, 1920x1080px
The journey drones on ceaselessly, for no one mourns the man who died for giving in.

Previous thread: >>1258506

You tell him that you think your weapons and armour are almost useless and need better equipment, you also tell him you are willing to pay souls.

He places his hammer down on the anvil and stands up to walk over to you. He hobbles forward, his right foot is made of wood. He stops to inspect your armour for a moment, then walks to his worktable, motioning for you to follow. He jabs a finger at a list delicately inscribed onto a piece of sheepskin.

The list reads:

Brings souls for smithing souls for weapons.
You must provide own ore.
Items I can easily create-

-Longsword> Two soul.
-Battleaxe> Three soul.
-Spear> Two soul.
-Bastard Sword> Five soul.

-Wooden Shield> Two soul.
-Heater Shield> Three soul.
-Large Leather Shield> Two soul.

-Repair all equipment> Three soul.

-Titanite Shard> One half soul.

-Ugrade tier one> One half soul, one titanite shard.
-Ugrade tier two> One half soul, Two titanite shard.
-Ugrade tier three> One half soul, Three titanite shard.

You currently have 10 souls.

He awaits your response solemnly, staring with lifeless eyes. He decides to sit back down and continue hammering that shortsword.
>>
>>1298850
I vote for purchasing a heater shield and repairing all our equipment.
>>
>>1298850
Heater shield and long sword, ask about armor.
>>
>>1298850
Heater shield, long sword and a titanite shard for one upgrade tier on the long sword.
>>
>>1300300
>>1299428
>>1301053

You take a look at you shield and spear, both are made of old, near rotten wood and not very sturdy, the shield is cracked in a way so a spear or arrow could slip through. You tell the smith that you need a new shield, a sturdy steel shield that can deflect small weapons, and a good longsword.
The man stop his hammering and rises from his seat, he reaches under the table beside him and pulls out a large flat object wrapped in cloth, he uncovers the shield and and places it on the table.
He points to a few swords lined up on a rack nearby.

You ask if he makes or sells armour, he simply shakes his head and points to the list on the table.
You gather that he does not sell armour.

He makes a motion with his hand and looks at you expectantly.
You hold out your hand to grant his payment, he grasps it firmly. Warm energies flow through your arm and int his, extracting small parts of you and making him more whole. You also pay for repairs for your armour and, a shard and the fee of an upgrade for your sword.

He hands over the shield to you. He then takes a sword from the rack and a shard of titanite from the box.
He places the shard on his anvil and beats a few time with his hammer, the shard steams slightly and appears to begin t glow. With a pair of tongs he places the hot shard on top of the longsword on the anvil. He brings the hammer down on it repeatedly, sparks fly off and bounce across the floor. The blade catches fire and seemingly consumes the shard, the smith quickly grads the hilt and dunks te balde into a bucket of murky water.

The smith rises and hands the sword to you, he smiles for the first time since you've been here.

The smith gestures towards your chain shirt, you assume he wants you to take it off so that he can repair it. You trust him as a man of his craft and remove your armour, handing it over to him. He takes it and begins work relinking and hammering to broken chains.

You have only one soul left.

You judge that this will take a while and decide to leave and come back later.
You step outside and see it is past noon, and judge that the light will fade in a few hours.

Do you...

>Sit by the doorstep and wait for your amrour

>Go and talk to the man in yellow

>Investigate the priests house

>Write in...
>>
>>1301246
Go outside and talk to that man in yellow.
Ask him if he owns a monkey.
>>
>>1301268
Please read the previous thread(s) before replying.
>>1258506
>>
>>1301246
>Go and talk to the man in yellow
I wanna know what's so "Crazy" about this fellow.
>>
>>1301246
>>Go and talk to the man in yellow
>>
>>1301326
>>1301346

You decide to go talk the warrior in the yellow surcoat to see for yourself why Path was so wary of him.

As you approach the bench where he is still sitting, you notice that path is gone.
The man looks up from a picture he was drawing in the dirt.
“Hello there friend, why don’t you take a seat by the fire” his voice is rough and strong.

You decide to stand.

“Suit yourself. Hey, I noticed you talking to… Path I think it was. Don’t trust what he says, he’s a bandit, preys on merchants and travellers like yourself. I’ve been watching him for a while, I would have taken care of him already, but my order forbids me from taking such action without a hard reason, and I haven’t seen him in the act yet. So I keep watch, waiting for him to strike, and I’ll be there standing between him and his prey.
“Right now he’s at the old priest’s house. Trying to break again no doubt. Why though? There couldn’t be much of value inside, the man who lived there, he was poor and a giver. He wouldn’t have much left, and what he had, he’d have taken with him.”

You now decide to sit down by the fire, the sun has nearly gone past the tops of the trees, the sky grows dim.

“There are dangerous creatures in this land my friend. And to be able to stand up to them is a necessity, but you do not have to do it alone. What do say say? You are strong, if we fight together, we may overcome many an obstacle.”

Do you…

>Accept his offer

>Reject his offer

>Write in...
>>
>>1302671
>Write in...
Perhaps another time. Do you have a way for me to contact you?
>>
>>1302671
>Write in...
>Your orders? Do you work for somebody?
>>
>>1302944

"I am a warrior of the my God, hardened in battle since a young age. I follow the guidance of our God of War. He teaches honour and justice and that camaraderie is fundamental."

Yo now notice the drawing in the dirt is the a depiction of the Sun.

>>1302741

"You can contact me, only if you accept, for the gift I have to give is vital for that. If you refuse I think not that we will see each other again."
>>
>>1303190
>Accept his offer
I have no problems gettin some help from a student of a god of war. And a Sun-bro to boot
>>
>>1302671
>>Accept his offer
Yeah this guy sounds way cooler than the oth guy.
>>
>>1303506
>>1303851

You decide to accept his offer, good help is hard to come by.

“Marvelous! Well then you had better have this. Oh how silly of me you don’t even know my name, i am Kaydin of Aldrun”

He hands you a white stone, sharpened to a point, with a ribbon tied to one end.

“This is a white soap-stone, it allows you to be summoned to other worlds. You see, time in this land flows differently, in many fractured paths, in and out ad up and down, sometimes crossing and sometimes drifting apart, you may see a man one day and then again the next, but for him it has been several lifetimes, but we undead barely notice it. If that makes sense to you, then you’re smarter than me, this is just what I was taught.”

You take the soapstone from his hand and deposit it in cloak.

“Don’t be afraid to call upon me at any time, or draw a sign on the ground to be called by someone else. Oh and, if it interests you, I know many tales of miracles from my time at The Monastery, I could teach you some, for a price of course.”

Shop List:

Miracles:
Heal: four souls (heals some health)
Med Heal: seven souls (heals a medium amount of health)
Homeward: six souls (returns you to the last bonfire you rested at)
Walk of Peace: five souls (slows movement of all creatures in the area)

Censers (catalysts):
Prayer Pot: two souls
Priest’s Thurible: four souls

You tell him you don’t have enough souls to buy anything.

“I’m sorry to hear that, well do come back if you have need of miracles.”

The has passed the trees, and sky turns a sooty amber. You return to the blacksmith to collect your armour. The smith had finished it before you came, and readily hands over the chain shirt. You then turn and exit the store.

Do you…

>Investigate the priest’s house

>Explore the other houses

>Explore the moors

>return down the path and explore the ravine

>Write in...
>>
>>1304424

>>
>>1304424
>>Investigate the priest’s house
Better keep an eye out for Path too, make sure he doesn't try any funny business if he saw us talking with Kaydin.
>>
>>1304424
>>
>>1304424
>>
>>1304424
>>
>>1306872
>>1305393
>>1304777
>>1304562
>>1304484

You are intrigued by the by the priest’s house and begin to make your way over. In the failing light you use your pyromancer’s flame to light the way. The house is right on the edge of the trees on the north side of the village, all of the windows are boarded up, and strangely, you can’t see any door on the front of the house. You stride around the building to the back, the main door is facing the forest, how peculiar.

The door appears to be ajar, Path must have finally gotten in.

You can hear some rummaging and scratching in inside.

Do you…

>Enter the house

>Take another look around for another entrance

>Go back to the bonfire and wait for sunrise

>Write in...
>>
>>1311066
>>
>>1311066
>>
>>1311066

I'd rather he not spot and then retaliate against us if we're going to catch him in the act of robbery.
>>
>>1311066
>>
>>1311066
>>
>>1311433
>>1311458
>>1311684
>>1311696
>>1311979

Deciding not enter just yet, in case Path or whoever is in there mistakes you for a hollow and attacks.
You circle around once more and end up on the one side you hadn’t been, there is a sort of cellar door here. You try to open it but it appears to be either locked or barred. The tiny key that the old man gave you doesn’t fit.
You put your ear to the wood to see if anyone is down there. You hear a similar rustling and scratching sound.

Do you…

The whole town is in shadow now, the forest is eerily dark and gloomy.

>Go back to the front door

>Try to break the cellar open

>Return to the bonfire and wait until dawn

>Write in...
>>
>>1312012
>Try to break the cellar open
Weapon at the ready
>>
>>1312012
>>Go back to the front door
>>
>>1312012
>>Go back to the front door
Busting open the door is way too loud and could look bad too.
>>
>>1312012
Front door
>>
Hold on, do we even have a weapon aside from fire? We should at least grab a clubbing stick since we're near the forest
>>
>>1316093
We got a spear equipped and a longsword on hand somewhere, I think.
>>
Inventory:
1 x Pyromancy Flame
1 x Longsword +1
1 x Spear
1 x Heater Shield

1 x Ragged Travelling Hood
1 x Ragged Travelling Cloak
1 x Chain Shirt
1 x Ragged Travelling Boots
1 x Worn Wrist Irons

1 x Tiny Iron Key

1 x Mysterious Envelope

Known Spells:
Combustion
Fireball
>>
>>1312685
>>1313033
>>1316090

Breaking into the cellar would cause too much noise, so you decide to go back around to the front door. It is still ajar, but inside you no longer hear any noise. You press on the door and peer in, to see if Path is inside.

It is a very small room, and because of the dark, you cannot make out much, but what you can see is: two chairs on either side of a stout table, something like a crumbled pile of cloth with a thick rope coiled up next to it, a cupboard leaning precariously against the right wall, and a door of the left wall.

The light is fading fast and soon you will be in complete darkness.

A chilling breeze wafts through the woods, a branch falls, you ignore it.

You currently have equipped: Longsword (right hand), Pyromancy Flame (left hand).

Do you…

>Enter the house with your sword drawn

>Call out to see if anyone is inside

>Use your pyromancy flame to cast light

>Leave and wait until dawn

>Write in…
>>
>>1317058
>>Enter the house with your sword drawn
Don't know if the guy should get a chance to make peace with. Lets just take him down then.
>>
>>1317058
>>Call out to see if anyone is inside
>>
>>1317058
>Call out to see if anyone is inside
>>
>>1317785
>>1317208

Not seeing any immediate danger you call out Path’s name to see if he is inside. There is no response other than a strange scratching sound and a gritty eek like that of a rat.
The pile in the corner begins to move, but you can see no more for the last light has slipped from the sky and the house is now black as pitch.

A clawing, scratching noise moves towards you from multiple directions.

You begin to sweat as fear creeps up on you.

Do you…

>Blast whatever is there with pyromancy

>Stay in the doorway with you shield up

>Close the door for defense

>Write in...
>>
>>1327537
Prep our stuff, then be ready to summon Kaydin. Maybe activate the soapstone and hold the fort while we wait for him to respond.
Path may or may not be inside, and he may or may not be hostile, but if he's in need of help then we must help him!
We can probably get a surprise attack on whatever hostile’s breaking down the door once we open it.
>>
>>1327537
>>Stay in the doorway with you shield up
Have the stone on hand in case it gets really dire, but Path probably might get hostile if we show up with Kaydin. If he isn't already.
>>
>>1327537
>>
>>1327557
>>1327643
>>1327997

New Thread: >>1328007
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.