[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls Quest: Fading Scars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 2

File: 170cf2eebdec13617c69b3a8d6dbc157.jpg (183KB, 1024x468px) Image search: [Google]
170cf2eebdec13617c69b3a8d6dbc157.jpg
183KB, 1024x468px
The tale continues, and may not end, for that is the real curse... to linger here, until there is nought left but a husk.

Please read previous thread before contributing.
Previous Thread: >>1225528

You are a new undead journeying through a forgotten land trying to find purpose.

You met a dying old man at the bottom of a valley who gave you a task: deliver this mysterious envelope to an unknown person. You now have some reason for carrying on and refuse to go hollow.

You travelled through the forest and met a cloaked and hooded woman, she gave you a very brief understanding of the surrounding area.

You have just encountered a group of 4 hollows wandering through the forest while you were on your way to a village the woman spoke about.

You freeze on the spot and slowly attempt to conceal yourself behind a tree to the side of the path. One of the hollows continues walking and leaves the path into the forest. You stand back with your right shoulder against tree-bark. Breathing heavily you clutch your sword hilt for comfort, but moving even that much makes your chain-mail clink. You hear footsteps on the path but do not look around for fear of drawing more attention. A faint gust of wind blows over the treetops and masks any minor noises.

You hear the crackle of leaves and gravel on the other side of the tree. On the spur of the moment you swing around slash the hollow across the chest with your blade and send him flying back onto the ground with a blast of pyromancy. You sustain a hit in the shoulder from a knife thrown by one of the other two.

Only two hollows remain standing, one wielding spear and shield, the other wielding a dagger.
They are positioned forward and back respectively.
You have sustained a minor injury.

Do you…

>Attack close hollow (pyromancy/sword)

>Attack far hollow (pyromancy)

>Drink Estus

>Run

>Write in…
>>
>>1258506
>Attack close hollow (pyromancy)
>>
>>1258586

Realising that your sword is probably not sharp enough to cut their gambeson you decide to use it as a club. You bring your sword down onto the near hollow’s head. You then proceed to kick him in the chest, and he staggers backward a few steps.

The far hollow advances a few steps.

The hollow on the ground does not move.

Do you…

>Attack close hollow (pyromancy/sword)

>Attack far hollow (pyromancy)

>Drink Estus

>Run

>Write in…
>>
I will now retire for the night. More battling tomorrow.
>>
>>1258630
>>Attack close hollow (pyromancy/sword)
Finish it off while we've got the chance. Don't want it to sneak attack us while engaging the other one.
>>
>>1258630
>>
>>1258630
>>Attack close hollow (pyromancy)
Burn that fool and then spear get!
>>
>>1258630
>>
>>1259584
>>1259008
>>1258675
>>1258674

You force a surge of flame from your hand and blast the hollow in the chest. He lets out a wail of agony, throwing his arms about, dropping his shield and spear. His knees buckle and he drops to the ground.

A wisp of glittering mist issues from his chest assimilates into you.

Before the smoke clears, the other hollow leaps over the corpse and sticks his dagger in your shoulder. You cry out and knock him back with a punch in the jaw. His dagger is stuck in.

Only one hollow remains.

You are mildly injured and bleeding.

Do you...

>Attack (pyromancy/sword)

>Drink Estus

>Run

>Write in…
>>
>>1262864
Pick up the shield and spear. Keep guard up against the hollow and poke him with the spear when we got an opening.
>>
>>1262889

You throw your broken blade at the hollow and quickly stoop down to grab the spear and shield. The sword hilt thuds on the hollow’s chest, and falls to the ground. You raise your shield and thrust the spear into his thigh. He takes a step back and flails about. His stance is slightly lopsided now.

You hear twig snap and rustling of leaves in the forest to your right.

You are mildly injured and bleeding slowly.

Do you...

>Attack (pyromancy/sword)

>Drink Estus

>Run

>Write in…
>>
>>1262940
>Write in…
Put the hollow between the forest and us. stab the hollow when we get an opening and try to keep an eye open.
>>
>>1263228
The forest is on either side of you. You are on a broad road in the forest. Read the previous thread.
>>
>>1262940
>>Attack (spear)
Finish this guy up quickly from a distance so we can watch out for whatever is to our right.
If we have a moment after we defeat it, lets remove the knife in our shoulder and sip some estus.
>>
>>1263243
Also, think he meant to circle the hollow so we are facing the right side of the forest. Like cirlce him clockwise or something. A preety good idea so we can keep our eyes on it.
>>
>>1263296
>>1263280
>>1263228

You circle around the hollow, to the left, keeping an eye on the forest. You stop and lunge again at the hollow, stabbing him in the abdomen. He lurches and coughs up a lung of blood.
The hollow hurls his knife at you, it misses and is lost to the trees. He seems off balance and barely able to stand.

You notice a silhouetted hollow lurking in the trees near where you were before.

Through your peripheral vision you see something on the ground move slightly.

You are moderately wounded and bleeding slowly.

>Attack hollow on path (pyromancy/sword)

>Attack hollow in trees (pyromancy)

>Drink Estus

>Run

>Write in…
>>
>>1266341
>Drink Estus
>>
>>1266341
Take out the knife if it's still in our shoulder. Then drink some Estus.
>>
>>1266341
>Drink Estus
then Firebolt
>>
>>1266341
>Drink Estus
then attack
>>
>>1266560
>>1267260
>>1267383
>>1268187

You yank the dagger out of your shoulder and throw it at the hollow in front of you.
It stabs through its abdomen all the way to the hilt.
The hollow keels over backwards and dies.

You take a drink of Estus, it invigorates you and half closes your wounds, stemming the blood flow to a trickle.

An arrow whistles past you from the forest and hits a nearby tree. You perceive that it was shot by the hollow in the trees.

One of the corpses on the ground appears to be stirring. Wriggling around, trying to find out where it is.

>Attack hollow in trees (pyromancy/dash-strike)

>Attack hollow on ground (spear)

>Drink Estus

>Run

>Write in…
>>
>>1270017
>Attack Hollow in the trees (Fireball)
>>
Sorry to intrude, but I'm new to /qst/. Could someone tell me how I go about joining in a thread? Should I wait for a checkpoint or just wait for a new thread entirely?
>>
>>1270082
Just reply whenever. So long as it's relevant, I don't think many will care. In /qst/ specifically, any time op's waiting for commands works
>>
>>1270040

You hurl a fireball at the hollow skulking behind the treeline.
It is hard to be accurate at this distance and with so many obstacles.
The flame explodes against a tree trunk setting it alight.
The hollow standing right near is staggered sideways by the explosion.
You cannot tell if he is injured by it.

The hollow on the ground begins to rise, propping himself up on wobbling arms.

>Attack hollow in trees (pyromancy/dash-strike)

>Drink Estus

>Run

>Write in…
>>
File: So lonely.png (48KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
So lonely.png
48KB, 600x700px
>>1270175
>>
>>1270175
>>1270040

>>
>>1270175
>>Attack hollow on ground (spear)
>>
>>1270175
>>
>>1270175
>>
>>1270175
>>Attack hollow on ground (spear)
>>
>>1270233
>>1270315
>>1270888
>>1271796
>>1272156
>>1270205

You stride over to the rising hollow, and impale it right through the spine.
It gasps and gurgles dying seconds later.

An arrow hits in the back and you keel over onto the ground.

You are moderately wounded and bleeding.

You do not have clear view of the hollow in the forest.

You begin to smell smoke and can hear the crackling of burning logs in the forest.

>Attack hollow in trees (pyromancy)

>Get to your feet

>Drink Estus

>Crawl to safety

>Write in…
>>
>>1273197
>Crawl to safety
Probably not safe to get up yet, not with that archer hollow
>>
>>1273197
>>Get to your feet
We got a shield, we can stand up and mobe towards the hollow while guarding. Or we could just run away.
>>
>>1273197
>Crawl to safety
>Drink Estus
>>
>>1273604
I support this
>>Get to your feet
>>Block and approach
>>
>>1273197
>Crawl to safety
>Drink Estus
>>
>>1274500
>>1273588
>>1274215

You keep your head down and crawl over to the other side of the path to find cover.
An arrow flies over your head and hits a tree close by.
You prop yourself up behind a tree, breathing heavily.
After pulling the arrow out you take a draught of Estus, your older wounds close completely and the blood flow from the arrow wound lessens.

The smell of smoke has grown stronger and a grey haze hangs around the trees.
A tree branch falls, you hear a wretched cry and scampering feet, moving away into the woods.

You peek around the tree and see several trees lit with bright cracking flame, slowly spreading amongst the foliage and litter.

You are lightly wounded.

Do you...

>Continue up the path

>Persue the hollow

>Attempt to put out the fire

>Write in...
>>
>>1275694
>Continue up the path
>>
>>1275694
>Continue up the path
>>
>>1275694
>>Continue up the path
Time to bail
>>
>>1275694
>Continue up the path
>>
>>1275699
>>1275770
>>1275852
>>1276622

You leave the hollow and the forest to the hands of fate and chose to continue up the path. A few hundred metres up the track you enter the village.

A cluster of five ramshackle buildings surround an ancient statue, broken at the waist and crumbled. At the feet of the statue, a bonfire burns dully.

There are two people beside the fire;
One is a man on an old stone bench, cracked in the middle, he is dressed in chainmail with a yellow surcoat and a chain hood and steel pot-helm atop his head and longsword at his hip. The other is a bald man dressed in black leather, he leans against the statue with its shadow cast over him. He wields a long spear resting on his shoulder, and a large square wooden shield beside him.
They are spaced quite far from each other on either side of the bonfire.

A faint ringing sound can be heard from within one of the buildings, it sounds like hammering on metal. Smoke rises from the chimney of the building you guess the sound is coming from.

As soon as you step off the path, a black cloaked woman glides past you and into the forest. She doesn't stop, even when you call to her or try to warn her of the forest fire.

You are mildly wounded but no longer bleeding.

It is nearly noon, and the sun is bright and warm, but casts deep shadows.

Do you...

>Rest at the bonfire

>Talk to the man in chainmail

>Talk to the man in black leather

>Investigate the sound and smoke

>Write in...
>>
>>1278002
>Rest at the bonfire
>>
>>1278002
>>Rest at the bonfire
And talk to both of them I guess.
>>
>>1278002
>Rest at the bonfire
We should refill our Estus, and heal our wound. I don't think anything is going to jump us here, but this is a Souls quest, so better safe than sorry.
>>
>>1278002
>Rest at the bonfire
>Talk to the man in chainmail
Might as well get some rest and make some new acquaintances
>>
>>1278110
>>1278350
>>1278763
>>1279231

You stride over to the bonfire and sit down to get some rest. You sit near the base of the statue, nearby the bald man.

"Oh, a new face" he says in a smooth yet gravelly voice "I saw the smoke coming from the forest path, was that you? I hope you weren't harmed. Well since you're new to the town I guess I should teach you about it" he continues with a smug little smirk. "What would be of most use to you is the blacksmith, up the way, near the road to the moors. There was wizard or sorcerer of sorts living in one of houses, but something happened to him, and he left. There was a jeweler, short and stocky, didn't seem to like it here. A priest lived in that house" he points to a house with boarded windows, curiously less worn by weather as the other buildings "one day he just picked up and left for the old fort... Gr... Groffer, Graffal? I think it was called. He didn't come back, locked the door to his house when he left, I haven't been able to get in, despite my greatest efforts. And I usually excel at that sort of thing."

You correct him on the name of the fort; Grauffa, and tell him the cloaked woman informed you of it. You also tell him about the inscribed amphitheatre.
>>
>>1282927

"Now that is interesting, must have missed that on my way through, I should take a look some time." Only now he turns to face you "oh my you look aweful, I hope I never turn out like you. Hmm I think you take this, It'll make you feel less... dead."

He reaches into a pouch on his hip and pulls out a small jar filled with swimming globules of black and white matter. He opens the jar and tips one onto his hand, it floats aboce is palm like anchored balloon, it appears to radiate a strange kind of warmth, and writhes around in the air, seemingly trying to free itself from something. The bald man offers it to you take it from his hand. You squeeze the sprite of Humanity in a tight grip, crushing it and forcing it into your flesh until it gives way and flows into you. You sudden;y feel you have more energy, even more blood pumping through your heart, and definitely more alive.

"Uh, I don't believe I've told you my name. Path is what people seem to call to me, so you can too" he half grins, but seems to have an unsavoury glint in his eye. "Oh, and a word of advice; stay away from that one" he points to the man in the yellow surcoat "he's, how to put this, a queer sort of folk, not so reserved like you or I. You don’t want any of his crazy rubbing off on you.”
>>
>>1282929

After refilling your Estus Flask...

Do you...

>Ignore Path's advice and talk to the other man

>Go to the blacksmith

>Inspect the priests old house

>Write in...
>>
>>1282935
>Go to the blacksmith
Let's go get a proper weapon, then we can come back and ask about the yellow man or just go talk to him.
>>
>>1282935
>>Go to the blacksmith
>>
>>1282935
>Go to the blacksmith
>>
>>1282938
>>1283415
>>1286220

After hearing from Path feel like you realize your equipment is below adequate, and so decide to go find the blacksmith. You guess that it’s the one building with smoke coming out of its chimney. You walk over across the compact dirt ground to the hodgepodge shack, The sound of continuous banging of metal comes from inside.
You rap on the door a few times, stopping when a muffled yell comes from inside. You shove the door open and find, inside, a man sitting on a vertical slice of log in from of an anvil with a red-hot strip of metal sitting on top. The man has only one, massive arm, and a horrible iron band bolted onto his mouth, locking it shut.
He motions to your spear, then motions to his hammer, then to a box on a table next to him, full of black metal shards. You assume that he’s offering to uprgade your equipment.

Do you…

>Offer some souls for better equipment

>Scream in fright and attack without remorse

>Leave the store

>Write in...
>>
>>1287293
>See if he has any armor as well
>>
>>1287293
>>Offer some souls for better equipment
He looks friendly
>>
>>1287293
>>
>>1287293
>See if he has any armor as well
>>
>>1287438
>>1287588
>>1287752
>>1288375

You tell him that you think your weapons and armour are almost useless and need better equipment, you also tell him you are willing to pay souls.

He places his hammer down on the anvil and stands up to walk over to you. He hobbles forward, his right foot is made of wood. He stops to inspect your armour for a moment, then walks to his worktable, motioning for you to follow. He jabs a finger at a list delicately scirbed onto a piece of sheepskin.

The list reads:

Brings souls for smithing souls for weapons.
You must provide own ore.
Items I can easily create-

-Longsword> Two soul.
-Battleaxe> Three soul.
-Spear> Two soul.
-Bastard Sword> Five soul.

-Wooden Shield> Two soul.
-Heater Shield> Three soul.
-Large Leather Shield> Two soul.

-Repair all equipment> Three soul.

-Titanite Shard> One half soul.

-Ugrade tier one> One half soul, one titanite shard.
-Ugrade tier two> One half soul, Two titanite shard.
-Ugrade tier three> One half soul, Three titanite shard.

You currently have 10 souls.
>>
>>1292615
Ok so before I finish mathing this stuff out do peeps think we should stick with a spear or get a longsword?
>>
>Ending Thread.
>Creating New Thread
>Dark Souls Quest III: Worn Steel.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.