[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honestly, why are tripcodes allowed if people misuse them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: complaints.png (656KB, 569x629px) Image search: [Google]
complaints.png
656KB, 569x629px
Honestly, why are tripcodes allowed if people misuse them?
>>
Because God gave us free will.
>>
>>439651
>god
>free will
You are wrong in so many levels.
>>
>>439652
I'll pray for you
>>
>>439658
>>>/pol/
>>
>>439664
>>>/cgl/
>>
>>439664
/pol/ hates religion dude. Hell some of them claim Christianity is only good for "uniting the white race".

>>439667
Tumblr is actually good unlike /pol/. /pol/ used to be great before 8gag, reddit, Breitbart and the rest of the "redpill" faggots.
>>
>>439671
But why do they misuse the tripcode function?
>>
>>439671
>christianity
>white
They are so clueless.

>>439673
Go to /sp/, click on a thread, come back and post your findings about "misuse of tripcode function". Mind this is an anonymous board.
>>
>>439683
>go to /sp/
Nah!
>>
>>439650
What do you mean? Tripcodes aren't really prominent except on the slower boards. What boards do you think have a misuse problem?
>>
>>439650

Because it's not misusing them. Newfags are the ones who think tripfags are new. They used to be far more common in the early days and the moot video of him talking about them has been posted ad infinitum by now. Point is, tripfags use it exactly what it was intended for. Easily triggered fags who see a name and derail threads over it are the problem. Tripfags and anonymous users are the same thing. A tripcode user doesn't register. They can drop or pick up as many different identities as they want to and even go right back to being anonymous.

But tripcodes aren't just for identifying yourself in a thread for a purpose. They're exactly what they seem like: 4chan and other imageboard's versions of usernames. And if people focused on the content of the post rather than if there's some random MCFaglorde##kekklespekkle name as meaningless as Anonyous, we'd all be a lot better off.
>>
how are people misusing tripcodes?

>>439683
>Mind this is an anonymous board.
this is a board(site) where the default posting name is anonymous. there is nothing preventing or prohibiting you from identifying yourself.
>>
>>439691
>>439690
>>439689
It's your fault that 4chan is lower than the board with the little robot.
Have an upvote.
>>
File: Ajimu.Najimi.full.1062110.jpg (973KB, 900x775px) Image search: [Google]
Ajimu.Najimi.full.1062110.jpg
973KB, 900x775px
Because weeb culture. I only use mine when I want to show off anyways.
>>
So, Hiroyuki-senpai, please, login system with avatars and signatures.
>>
>>439697
Don't forget visible registration dates, post counts, etc. etc. We'll be Something Awful in no time!
>>
>>439704
How about also an index of every single post everyone ever did? And on top of that, you can vote on the posts you like or dislike.
>>
>>439708
I like it. Additionally we should add a rating system to individual threads, something like 1-5 stars. That way you can know exactly what terrible threads to ignore.
>>
Well, sage was made invisible....

What if wr just make tripcodes invisible too?
>>
>>439671
>Tumblr is actually good unlike /pol/.
Fuck this board.
>>
>>439783
If you don't like it then leave. Don't pretend your bitching is going to change anyone's mind.
>>
>>439650
Nowhere on the faq does it say 4chan is an anonymous forum.
There is no right or wrong way to use a tripcode.
Any problems people have with trip users is down to the individual
>>
>>439696
But this doesn't even make sense. Everyone implicitly hates tripfags and shits on them on sight.
Is there a specific slow board you are on? The only time I have seen them work is on /n/, and even then it gets a bit attention-whorey.
>>
>>441459
>>>/reddit/
Opinion discarded.
>>
Tripcodes were never meant to only be used only for identifying content contributors, even on 4chan's Japanese precursors. They have always been used for both that and developing a personality.
>>
>>441465
Such a good, in depth response anon
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.