[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Make using reddit a bannable offence. I think we can all agree

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7

File: homura.jpg (69KB, 1280x1130px) Image search: [Google]
homura.jpg
69KB, 1280x1130px
Make using reddit a bannable offence.

I think we can all agree that trying to ban "hello redit" was a big mistake. 4chan is strictly anti censorship and will not allow this.

Instead you should add a global rule that makes using reddit a bannable offence. any 4chan user that admits to using reddit will be permanently banned. like the 18+ rule, this requires some kind of cooperation from the culprit.

all agree?
>>
>>424828
>4chan is strictly anti censorship

And yet CP and terroristic threats and posting the wrong shit on the wrong board is banned.
>>
>>424842
because that's illegal, anon. informing someone of their origin is not illegal.
>>
>>424843

Nice attempt to dodge.

Yet still each board has rules censoring the content that's posted there even if it's perfectly legal.
>>
>oh god oh god, I want some attention too
>>
>>424845
Oh man, you've really revealed the underlying hypocrisy undermining the lower layers of the 4chan universe. What can we do to stop this great injustice?!
>>
>>424828

The 18+ rule is a 30 day ban. But I still agree.
I've wanted openly admitting to use rival sites to be a ban for a long time.
It should be considered advertising and be dealt with as such.

As for people that need to use these sites as a resource (/vg/ for example) I think a "screenshots only, no links" rule could work.

We need to build a wall.
>>
brave reddit warriors are the only force aiming to stop anime perverts from destroying civilization
they should be saluted in this great endeavor, not disrespected
>>
>>424828
>I think we can all agree that trying to ban "hello redit" was a big mistake

no. Also

>posting anime

Of course weebs want Redditspam to be permitted. You fuckers are the ones that got hurt the worst by having your favorite insult taken away.

You retards crowed for a week about "cuck" being banned and now that you're not allowed to call somebody a redditor it's the end of the world.

I hope /a/ gets deleted next.
>>
>>424886
>thing that will be deleted next
your favorite thing

>thing that will be deleted last
my favorite thing
>>
>>424855
HAHAHAHA, holy shit
>>
>>424855
We need to put a temporary hold on all reddit immigration until we can figure out what's going on.

>We need to build a wall.
Who would pay for something like that?
>>
>>424886
>You retards crowed for a week about "cuck" being banned
Don't you fucking dare imply it wasn't the most needed wordfilter you little shit.
Who decided to take it down btw ?
>>
>>424896
swaglord probably, god I hate that FUCKING ASSHOLE
>>
>>424828
just work with reddit

get a list of all reddit user IPs in some textfile and permanantly ban them

problem solved
>>
>>424899
>swaglord
Didn't he got terminated recently ? If yes I hope we can get that wordfilter up, though it has died down a little bit.
And to be honest the niggerspeak didn't bother me that much (except when it was abused just for memery)
>>
Reddit is like 90% of the internet, only very young children and anime autists don't have reddit accounts. When will the nerd diaspora be dealt with?
>>
>>424915
>anime autists

Uh, Reddit has a very large anime section though?

You're right though. It is legitimately one of the biggest sites on the internet. I don't know why people treat it like a big boogeyman. It is something that has always been and will always be a strong influence on any community because there will always be overlap. Nothing to be ashamed about.
>>
>>424896
>>424907
Hiro himself took the cuck wordfilter down. I'm curious what your response to that is.
>>
>>424925
What layer of irony is this post on?
>>
>>424928
I don't see a japanese man barely managing to write in good english taking down specifically that word.
>>
>>424935
I'm not going to pull it up myself but there's a thread where it happened. Someone else will probably show you.
>>
>>424925
>I don't know why people treat it like a big boogeyman.

le upboating/downboating circlejerks

everyone shitposting for karma (ala top comments being a bunch of fucking retarded puns)

silencing opinions they don't like in various ways (downboats, moderation, banning/walling "offensive" subleddits)

hating on reposts, pretending their content was reddit-original to start with (they're not 9gag-tier about it, but it's still pretty shit)
>>
>>424948
>(downboats
downvote isn't filtered, please speak normally.
>>
>>424938
No luck trying to find it sadly. What did it say ?
>>
>>424925
>It is legitimately one of the biggest sites on the internet.
It's 34 on the top 100

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/

It's laudably big, but it's no twitter, facebook, youtube, or instagram.
>>
>>424948
1) Sage
2) (You)s
3) Sage
4) I'll give you this one.

So 4chan is guilty of the same things.
>>
>>424952
The gist of it is that some people on this board convinced Hiro that cuck being filtered was a censorship issue, and Hiro removed the filter and said that 4chan should have less censorship than television. Or something along those lines.

He also seemed confused about the fact that the filter was in place to begin with, leading people to conclude that it was put there without his permission. I'm not sure if that's the case with the other three filters or not.
>>
>>424915
>Reddit is like 90% of the internet
not quite

https://www.sandvine.com/pr/2015/5/28/sandvine-in-the-americas-netflix-google-facebook-the-internet.html
>Netflix + Google + Facebook = The Internet
>Netflix continues to slowly increase its domination of North American fixed networks, accounting for 36.5% of downstream traffic in the peak evening hours
>>
>>424953
And? Do you realize how many sites there are on the internet? How is it wrong to say Reddit is one of the biggest sites on the internet when it's the 34th biggest. That's enormous.
>>
>>424963
thats what is happening anyway. thank god sjw moot left this place but his sjw janitor and mods that came with gamergate are still here. hell, you can even get banned for calling someone a nigger now
>>
>>424967
When people think of the biggest internet sites, they think of google, facebook, youtube.

It's nowhere near those levels.
>>
>>424948
I think part of the thing is that you can't really group everyone together at the same time. /k/ and /m/ are probably not going to share the same opinions here, why try to group /r/mecha and /r/guns?
>>
>>424973
I guarantee you they think of Reddit before they think of Baidu, Weibo, Vk and all the other bullshit foreign sites and alternate URLs in that list. You could cut out enough of these that Reddit would easily be in the top ten.
>>
File: 1444395839312.gif (1MB, 499x341px) Image search: [Google]
1444395839312.gif
1MB, 499x341px
>>424963
>The gist of it is that some people on this board convinced Hiro that cuck being filtered was a censorship issue, and Hiro removed the filter and said that 4chan should have less censorship than television.
>mfw cuckposter had more power over Hiro's mind than the usual poster
>mfw he actually believed such a blatant lie.
Jesus. Fucking. Christ. The Redeemer.
We even had some of fucks on /vg/ ffs. Hopefully they got reported and terminated to shit but still.
>>
>>424981
>of fucks
of those fucks*
>>
File: 1452256856585.jpg (81KB, 720x619px) Image search: [Google]
1452256856585.jpg
81KB, 720x619px
>>424981
>believes censorship is good
fuck off you cuck
>>
>banning redditposting
>censorship

Do you think banning anontalk was censorship too?

More, thanks to kids like you using "go back to ribbit" at each thing they didn't like, it's without a meaning now and whenever I see someone REALLY acting like a redditor (pretty rarely), I have to call him some other insult so as not to sound like a huge faggot (once again, a huge faggot like you, OP).
>>
>>424987
cuck
>>
>4chan is strictly anti censorship
how new?
>>
>>424989
I've been here since 2002.
>>
Since when censorship is an issue ?
>>
>>424988
Cuck is at least funny, unlike go back to re*dit. Cuck is spamming one silly, funny word and ut's good. Gb2rdt just sounds pretentious, not funny at all.

You're step above these cringey children, congratulations.
>>
>>424960
1) Downboating makes content not visible, and can fuck karma so bad you can't even fucking post. Take for example this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/confession/comments/3n7zqs/as_of_today_i_have_been_rejected_1000_times/?sort=top
>manlet approaches nearly a 1000 women over the course of 5 years
>rejected each time
>posts his problem on reddit in a confession sub for sympathy and advice
>gets downvoted so hard he has negative karma and can't even post

Saging is just posting without bumping, and is laughably easy to circumvent. You can't even tell whether a post is a sage by looking at it anymore.

2) (You)s are no where near as bad as karma upboating, because they don't move your comment front and center. The number of (You)s still does catch your eye though as you're scrolling, but content is treated more equally instead of the hivemind selecting shit it likes for viewing.

3) Again, saging is useless. Downboats effectively make your content inaccessible and can ban you. Moderation is often SJW-tier don't-hurt-my-feefees-or-worldview levels of autism (e.g. the Germany rapes on news subleddits). Banning/walling subleddits got so bad, they created a leddit spinoff named voat.

4chan is nowhere near as shit as leddit in these respects. I agree 4chan still has shitty rules though (e.g. no sound for webm's on boards where the focus is an audiovisual medium, like /a/ or /tv/).
>>
>>424990
>2002
Nice lie senpai, please learn to google before making shit up
>>
File: to reddit.gif (349KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
to reddit.gif
349KB, 350x233px
>>424992
>>
File: 1440281867721.gif (491KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1440281867721.gif
491KB, 460x345px
>>424992
>Cuck is at least funny
>>
File: 1439390579681.gif (991KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1439390579681.gif
991KB, 500x280px
>>424992
>Cuck is spamming one silly, funny word and ut's good
>spamming
>wat are rules guises
>>
>>424992
>Cuck is at least funny
I'm not going to say the thing people get banned for saying. But you know what I would normally say in this situation.
>>
>>424991
Summerfriends think that 4chan is an elite website of the Anonymous organisation dedicated to protecting free speech, just like in their favourite movie.

They get really upset when they learn that 4chan is in fact an anime forum.
>>
File: 2005.jpg (11KB, 429x56px) Image search: [Google]
2005.jpg
11KB, 429x56px
I fucking 999% agree with you, 10/10 ideia, but guess what, mods are probably redditors too. I think I reported >>421331 two times, and yet it's still up.
>>
>>425002
Yeah, even more so since it is off topic.
Someone has to sacrifice and check reddit to see if one of our mods isn't just there flipping this shit just to get upvotes-
Though having people stop saying hello R***** is a nice bowl of fresh air.
>>
>>424828
Don't you understand that calling everything Reddit only drags them into the picture where previously they had no influence? If you act like half the board are ledditors then actual ledditors will think they are in good company and start to more openly shill "hurr what's wrong with reddit" or "let's be honest we all use it right".. You never fucking ever saw such bold admissions of being from there coming along before people staryed calling everything reddit and now you see it frequently. You see it on /qa/ too.

They are proving the grounds trying to see if they can get a toehold here. Don't fucking let them. They should have no place here even in jest. This + reddit name calling is literally completely unproductive / relevant to any discussion are why it should be controlled.
>>
>>425000
>Summerfriends think that 4chan is an elite website of the Anonymous organisation dedicated to protecting free speech
While you got me to laugh I think it has more to do with some blatant shitposters getting away with, well. blatant shitpost and cuckposting. It attracts the edgy kids
>>
>>425006
>They are proving the grounds trying to see if they can get a toehold here.
That's the cucked way of doing it. It's like fighting islamists by inviting muslims into your country and celebrating tolerance.

I prefer the Trump way of doing it. Build a fucking wall and suspend reddit immigration.
>>
start treating reddit and tumblr like 'honeypotchan' on the big boards(make just saying the word an autoban)
/fa/ has tumblr threads that are pretty nice, but those fags posting tumblrshit and horsefucker trash on /v/ /b/ /tv/ etc should fuck off.
>>
>>425013
If you started calling every random thing Islam or sharia law or whatever, you will quickly attract the attention of actual Muslims who will be happy to explain to you more about their religion and then will stick around watching what you do.

If you never did that they wouldn't care to ponder you or even notice you, and if they did they wouldn't be talking to you but amongst themselves somewhere else.
>>
>>425018
>ou will quickly attract the attention of actual Muslims who will be happy to explain
Then they will have to explain it from outside the country/outside 4chan since they are no longer allowed to immigrate.
>If you never did that they wouldn't care to ponder you or even notice you
They literally have a forum on reddit where they discuss epic screenshots from 4chan. Who do you think takes those screenshots? Redditors that post on 4chan.
>>
>>425020
Unfortunately we cannot stop them from lurking or posting. But we can make damn sure they are not just unwelcome but not even tolerated, to the point even mentioning them is not allowed.

What confers more a sense of disapproval, open references and discussion about labeling things and people here as Reddit being allowed, or punishment for even saying their name out loud because they should not be here? Blocking people from even talking about them in ANY way is as close to a wall as we can possibly build. The existence of an anti-reddit wall is already speaks for itself that they are hated and not openly allowed to bring their faggotry here.

I think most people here want the same thing, that is for Reddit to fuck off and never have open influence here. There is simply confusion as to whether calling branding everyone Reddit does more harm than good as opposed to forbidding even mentioning them, and it seems mods made the call. Do we all like ponies because they get deleted on-sight outside /mlp/? Fuck no, just the opposite. Same thing should apply with reddit.
>>
>>425027
>But we can make damn sure they are not just unwelcome but not even tolerated, to the point even mentioning them is not allowed.
What's better than banning all of these degenerates from our country to show that they are not welcome?
>What confers more a sense of disapproval, open references and discussion about labeling things and people here as Reddit being allowed, or punishment for even saying their name out loud because they should not be here? Blocking people from even talking about them in ANY way is as close to a wall as we can possibly build. The existence of an anti-reddit wall is already speaks for itself that they are hated and not openly allowed to bring their faggotry here.
Then it seems that you want even more than the rule in the OP. Revealing that you are a redditor would certainly cause you to get banned by your rules.

But we also have to make sure that known redditor mods get banned, otherwise they will continue to post epic 4chan antics on reddit, causing more of that filth to come over here.
>>
>>425027
HAving threads like >>421331 doesn't help-
>>
>>424828
Stupid weeb
>>
>>424828
4chan is strictly anti-censorship. Censor reddit users.
>>
>>425005
What, pray tell, is /qa/'s topic? Bitch about the mods and violate globalrule 8?
>>
>>424828
Reddit is a more polite way to call someone autistic I dont see why it should be flagged
>>
>>424907
Nope he's still a mod on here. If he got terminated everyone on [s4s] would be up in arms
>>
>>425141
We bitched at the mods so hard on here it got them to start doing something. Also Global Rule 8 isn't in effect here I think. That rule was made because moot couldn't handle criticism thrown at him
>>
>>425155
>everyone on [s4s] would be up in arms

So like 10 people?
>>
>>425159
I for one would keep my arms at exactly the same length and altitude to be quite honest with you.
>>
>>425158
Far as I can tell, /qa/ doesn't have any written rules except for the global rules. If mods feel like not enforcing those rules today, C'est la vie I guess.
>>
>>424828
>this requires some kind of cooperation from the culprit.
Like recognizing something from Reddit?
>>
Important poll:
http://strawpoll.me/6651610
>>
>>424960
sage is replying without allowing a bump to a thread, that's literally nothing if someone else replies to you

and shitposting without incentives is completely different than doing it on Reddit, and if you dont have enough shitposter points, you dont get to post, so it's 100x worse
>>
>>424915
>Reddit is like 90% of the internet
no it's not
>>
>>424979
voting for opinions promotes a group mentality
>>
>>425274
I miss the two days when /qa/ was actually for meta discussion and reminiscing instead of trying to get things banned.
>>
>>425274
I like /qa/. I just want mods to sort of ignore it.
>>
>>425274
Democracy works!
>>
Censorship will help make 4chan good again. It's about time the mods started becoming quasi-dictators. We need them to help us choose which content we see.
>>
>>425326
Yeah. Netflix is 90% of the internet, or something. Not Reddit.
>>
>>424828
Why not just delete reddit?
>>
bumy
>>
>>424915
>only very young children and anime autists don't have reddit accounts

Only like 10-15% of the people who visit reddit have an account, and there are only like 3 million logged in redditors a month.

Considering that, the amount of redditors here is very disproportional.
>>
>>425027
Invisibro's opinion:

>>425832
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.