[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Range bans are awful please stop mods. This is like 4th time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

Range bans are awful please stop mods.
This is like 4th time being affected by one and there is basically no recourse.
Can one person really be that troublesome that it requires banning legitimate users en masse?
>>
Range bans happen when the mods are too lazy to set aside two hours of their day rebanning the same guy over and over and over.

I think they should be shorter in length though.
>>
>>411426
What is their length?
Whenever I've been affected by one they've eventually just gone away, but I have no idea f that was range ban running out, my ip range changing or something else.

It's frustrating to get blocked because of one person's actions.
>>
>>411426
Home rangebans are already short.
I remember constantly getting rekt in the past (5+ years ago) because my isp has hostnames looking like proxies. Nowadays rangebans are much shorter and more specific (per-board) and are mostly there to prevent massive spam.
>>
>>411424
>Can one person really be that troublesome that it requires banning legitimate users en masse?
You might be surprised by how bad some people really are.
>>
>>411430
They can't be that bad.
>>
>>411428
What's a home rangeban? How short?
>>
>>411431
Ever go to /v/? Yes, they can be that bad.
>>
>>411435
It's true. This site attracts the most persistent idiots. They get banned and instead of thinking "Hmm, maybe I should be doing something else with my life" they switch their IP and keep doing the same shit.
>>
>>411428
I got caught in a range block 4 months ago and haven't been able to post on many boards.
>>
>>411424
Getting caught in an ISP range block is worse because those are permanent.
>>
My home IP is rangebanned as well right now, but since I rarely use 4chan at home I don't care much.
>>
>>411484
That really is the worst. Having some random person who you don't know abuse the ISP range you belong to and then get robbed of your ability to post.
>>
>>411427
>What is their length?
Banned, you can check it on your ban page. Usually a month.
Blocked, permanent with no chance of removal.
>>
>>411507
But I've blocks before and they seemed to go away after enough time? Are they really permanent? Will I ever be able to post again?

Pic is what I see.
>>
>>411542
I've been blocked for the past 4 months and I was not doing anything that would be considered abuse at the time.
>>
>>411550
So I'm SOL then? Sucks.
Fucking mods.
>>
>>411555
Just go ask on irc if you want an answer. How do you expect /qa/tards to help you?
Or are you going to fall for this retard's meme? He's been trying to force this shit for some time now
>>409314
>>407064
>>411513
>>
>>411560
>Or are you going to fall for this retard's meme? He's been trying to force this shit for some time now
I don't understand anon, I'm OP.
>Just go ask on irc if you want an answer.
I've never used irc, which one is it?
>How do you expect /qa/tards to help you?
I thought maybe they would have experience.
>>
>>411568
>I've never used irc, which one is it?
It's in the FAQ, under "Can I appeal my ban?"
>>
Go to 4chan feedback and list a complaint about IP rangeban issue

worked for me :^)
>>
>>411571
Okay I can try that.
Do you know how helpful they are in the irc? Is it just coin toss if mod is having good day or not?
>>
>>411424
Legitimate users are a dime a dozen. You're not special and you aren't entitled to post. If you really want to affect change, you'd become a vigilante against the posters who displease you.

For every one of you who complain about being caught in a range ban, there's another person like Barneyfag whom users come onto /qa/ requesting a range ban to stop.

You also get users whining and whining and whining to please ban all phoneposters and the like. Or anybody with a reddit cookie. Or anybody with a tumblr URL on their image. Or anybody who uses a hyphen on their Candlejack post.

If posting on 4chan is so important to you, purchase a 4chan pass. Not needing to enter in captcha is really nice. If 4chan isn't worth 20 dollars then step away and go play a video game you spent more than 20 bucks on.
>>
>>411578
>Do you know how helpful they are in the irc?
No. But it's better than waiting here doing nothing.
>>
>>411580
>For every one of you who complain about being caught in a range ban, there's another person like Barneyfag whom users come onto /qa/ requesting a range ban to stop.
Legitimate users outnumber those types by a lot.
Stop shilling 4chan pass you kike.
>>
>>411589
I'm sorry you don't have a job and/or are 14 years old or live in a 3rd world country that doesn't have access to visa/mastercard/whatever and you are also too technically inept to use bitcoin.

Or maybe you have a moral objection to purchasing a 4chan pass. That's valid. Why does that moral objection stop before posting here though? Why do you post on the website that you wouldn't support?

Or maybe you just haven't thought it all the way through.

How many minutes have you spent trying to get help to get your ban lifted? How much does your job pay you per hour of work? If you've spent more than two and a half hours trying to get your ban lifted, you could have spent that time working at your job and spending those twenty dollars on a 4chan pass. You aren't being rational.
>>
>>411596
I'm a neet.
Spending money on a 4chan pass would leave a foul taste in my mouth.
>>
>>411599
I suggest you better spend your time finding a job.

One that doesn't require you to leave your house or have any skills that you don't obviously have is:

https://www.leapforceathome.com/qrp/public/home

I know this website looks shady, but it's not. This is a legitimate website that will pay you to work there. It's a search engine optimization service where you look at search queries, and then you and several other people all choose which of the several queries is what the searcher meant. The object is to try to train the AI to do its job better. You'll be assisting people like Yahoo, Bing, etc in catching up to Google, basically. They pay about 15 dollars an hour, but they only let you work 4 hours a day at first. You never need to call anybody on the phone, you just need to take a test that's basically things like, "Who won the silver medal in the 1967 olympic 100 meters" to prove that you know how to use a search engine.

Good luck, Anon. Having 20 dollars of disposable income can be really helpful.
>>
File: 1308114031001.jpg (148KB, 648x595px) Image search: [Google]
1308114031001.jpg
148KB, 648x595px
>>411602
> Ideal candidates will be highly active users of Google's search engine and other products; use Google Play at least once per week; use Google+ more than once per month and have more than 11 people per circle and have a Gmail account with web history turned on.
Nice try botnet.
>>
>>411604
Do you think there might be a reason you're a NEET?
>>
>>411606
That's not relevant.
>>
>>411604
Welcome to step 1 of getting a job. Identify which parts of the requirements you can fake and lie about them.

Step 2. Identify which parts of the requirements you can't fake, and come up with excuses for those.

There were companies that required 10 years of Java programming experience back when Java was a 3 year old language.

Besides, the way they determine that you're an ideal candidate is how you respond to a survey. I just filled it out and got accepted, for fun. I don't intend to follow up and do it because I don't need any extra income right now. Maybe I'll get my son to do it for me and let him keep the money.
>>
>>411609
Speak of the devil. I just got an email and now they want me to take some test now. Fuck that. All yours buddy.
>>
>>411560
>retard's meme
It's not a meme. It's an actual situation I am in you fucking retard.
>>
>>411560
Fuck you asshole.
>>
>>411578
They require that you give them your IP address and email address to be helpful.
>>
>>411602
>>411609
Is it real and not a scam?
>>
>>411768
This is the only one I've found that isn't a scam. I used it 3 years ago. Whether or not it's still legit remains to be seen.

I'd show you my paychecks but I didn't keep them.
>>
>>411770
How hard is it to make money?
Looking online people talk about how you have to do a bunch of unpaid training just to work and you never know when you will be able to work etc.

How long did you do it?
>>
>>411771
While I may have "Got in when the getting was good" and this might not be the case, I will outline my experiences.

I did a bunch of unpaid training. It took me a total of 3 hours. I set an earmark of eight hours, where if I spent longer than that, I would quit. It only took me 3 so I kept going. After those three hours of unpaid training I started doing actual work for them, and upon completing a full hour of work, I recieved an incredibly meager paycheck of 15 dollars, which I was excited as fuck about because it was the first actual dollar I'd ever made and I was all, "Holy shit this is real money that my parents didn't give me! :D :D :D :D" I wrote those emoticons because I was 18 at the time, fresh out of highschool. Forgive me. I'm a few years older now.

Anyway, I continued to do work for them for a year, mostly in between League of Legends matches. It's really really easy work, and they promoted me and gave me more and more available work because I was good at it. Or at least they told me I was good at it. I've never spoken to another person with this job so I don't have any way to verify whether or not they say that to everybody.

Take everything I've said with some scepticism as I would if I were reading it.

Consider if your time is valuable before spending your time doing something. Chances are, your time isn't valuable, so just do shit.

I can say that I haven't seen any identity-theft-like activity on anything I've done, and I did give them my social security number (for tax purposes). They're as reputable as any other job I've had since.
>>
>>411578
No, they just say buy a pass.
>>
>>411896
fuckers
>>
For rangebans will you always be able to post on /qa/?
>>
>>412277
When blocked like >>411542 you can generally access some boards like /qa/. If you see a ban message then you may or may not depending on what it says.
>>
test
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.