[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to /x/ and is it salvageable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1447708599214.jpg (93KB, 750x552px) Image search: [Google]
1447708599214.jpg
93KB, 750x552px
I remember going on /x/ a few years back and having an enjoyable time. Now it is probably my least favorite board on the entire site. There is no interesting discussion anymore, just roleplay and mental issues. If you don't believe me, just see for yourself.
How would one go about fixing the board, or would just nuking it be better? I am at a loss.
>>
>>404450
I think it needs to be revamped for sure, agreed. Half the people who post /x/ material on /pol/ complain that they would post it on /x/ but "/x/ sucks now" or something along those lines.
>>
I think the first thing that would improve board quality would be a rule against ama threads and general rpfags. Those seem to be the chief influx of shit.
>>
>>404450
From what I've seen /x/'s quality comes in waves. Sometimes it's redundant discussion about the same shit and other times it's interesting.
>>
I'm not one to usually propose new boards, but maybe like a religion and spirituality board would help /x/ with its hippie shit.
>>
>>404462
No, fuck off. Those topics aren't an issue.
>>
>>404463
Shit like tulpas (imaginary friends) and bible discussion don't belong on the paranormal board.
>>
ITT: people who have been posting on /x/ for a year or two, tops. I was there when /x/ opened. I was there for the daily /b/ raids. Fuck, we had to create /sanc/ just to be able to post and talk a bout what we wanted to. Back then, we would have KILLED for /x/ to be in the state it's in now. Yes there's shit and roleplayers, but there was ALWAYS shit and roleplayers. Use the catalog and find the good, quality threads amidst the sea of shit, just like any other board.
>>
>>404469
Oh, I agree with both then.

Third eye and DMT shit I actually like.
>>
A lot of the good anons of /x/ left after the incident and probably made /tg/ they're new home

Anyone left on /x/ is a RPing faggot, someone who constantly yells "YOU ARE STOOPID FOR BELIEVING IN THINGS OR EVEN THINKING THINGS EXIST" and /b/tards
>>
The nature of /x/'s degradation lies in the grey area that is defining on-topic subjects which has allowed it to become a bastion for /b/tards, /pol/fags, and underage idiots.
>>
>>404450

Old /x/ was a horror and paranormal board. Like many boards, /x/ suffered due to mod abuse and neglect.

Constant raids by /b/ brought in shitposters who stayed, many of them who thought /x/ was a joke. Additionally, the banning of any type of conspiracy to /x/, even political one, brought a lot of bad posters.

One thing about "conspiracy theorists" is that most of them only have one pet conspiracy they believe in. They find other conspiracies ridiculous. So you have lots and lots of separate groups who hate each other dumped into one board and treated the same. Many of those same people may hate the paranormal, for instance, and find the topic laughable.

THEN you have religion threads, which are pushed to /x/ due to its ties to metaphysics. Religion really belongs on /his/ now, but the mods aren't putting it there.

Nowadays the mods refuse to moderate /x/ because they think the notion of a paranormal board ridiculous.
>>
File: xcatalog.png (1MB, 1915x974px) Image search: [Google]
xcatalog.png
1MB, 1915x974px
What is this? I know mods have been berated on other boards for stepping up their activity, but this shit is ridiculous.
>>
>>404612
No one takes a paranormal board seriously

So moderation is completely non-existents there
>>
I know mods or at least janitors are watching /x/ closely because they have been deleting Art Bell threads.

see >>402126
>>
>>404450
Everyone left and stopped posting good content, and the newfags swooped in. The mods won't update a sticky or give actual rules or delete cancer and delete actual content on an arbitrary basis. It is salvageable if all of the oldfags from /x/ that stay on other boards come back, self moderate, tell cancer to fuck off, report troll and low quality conspiracy/occult/succubus threads, and post actual classic creepy content. Report every newfag who complains that something is not paranormal and direct them to the rules page, where are measly one rule remains as the last reminder of what /x/ used to be. Oh, and spam the feedback page with complaints until the mod team gets the hint and decides to stop neglecting the board.
>>
>>404799
Mods and jannies do this shit on every board.

They pretend that they're swamped with work but they always, ALWAYS delete things that trigger them in moments.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.