[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gear/ - Gear Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 45

File: pentacks35.jpg (68KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
pentacks35.jpg
68KB, 480x480px
Last Thread: >>3093675

Anything about lenses, cameras, mounts, systems, buying, pricing, selling, etc. GOES IN HERE!

Do not open new threads for gear-related issues.
No pointless (brand) arguments and dick waving allowed! You have been warned! Just questions, answers, and advice.

And don't forget, be polite.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
How do you guys get the white balance and colors right when you scan your negatives with a dslr? I'm personally experiementing with colder balanced light source to compensate for the orange cast in negatives. Any more tips?
>>
File: which_one.jpg (51KB, 783x452px) Image search: [Google]
which_one.jpg
51KB, 783x452px
Halp me /p/, please!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Photographerluk
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>3095719
use vuescan to get a reference image.
>>
>>3095720
>ibis
>full frame
>sharper lenses
>better af
>3rd party support
>adobe support
>ergo grip

VS

>a retro aesthetic
>>
>>3095720
>two totally different budget kits
>help me decide
Uhmm... the one you can afford? I myself would choose the cheaper one so I can spend the rest of my budget on travels and other stuff. Both kits make good photos.
>>
>>3095720
I suggest you buy used canon 20d with the new cheap pancake 28mm and concentrate on taking pictures.
>>
>>3095728
Believe it or not, price difference between these two is less than $100 here.
>>
>>3095720
Fuji or kill yourself
>>
File: 71FgRRaxQbL._SL1500_.jpg (175KB, 1500x1492px) Image search: [Google]
71FgRRaxQbL._SL1500_.jpg
175KB, 1500x1492px
I'm looking to get a yi 4k+ and a small wearable gimbal.

I'm in scandinavia, so selection might be a bit small.

Best I've found so far is the evo ss. Then there's some chinkshit.

I want to reduce small vibrations as much as possible. So that outweighs features that I might lose.
>>
>>3095733
That is because one set has a fantastic, sharp 23/1.4 with dreamy bokeh and all metal build, the other has medicore boring plastic piece of shit for a lens.
>>
File: 1497377437441.gif (2MB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1497377437441.gif
2MB, 1024x683px
I did some unscientific tests regarding focus shift of various lenses. here is samyang's 135mm f2.
>>
File: 1480992165486.gif (2MB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1480992165486.gif
2MB, 1024x683px
And here is the same on Sigma 35mm f1.4. interesting how the plane of focus twists when stopping down.

each frame in animation is a single stop.
>>
What the hell is the difference between Rokinon, Bower, and Samyang lenses?
>>
File: 1471860934205.gif (2MB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1471860934205.gif
2MB, 1024x683px
luckily though, Sigma's 180mm f2.8 OS seems very flat and stable regarding focus shift.
>>
>>3095739
I'm not interested in bokeh as much as in low light performance. I think should be, at least in theory, similar with slight edge for Fuji in apperture and for Sony in ISO.
>>
File: Sam-Zeiss-2.jpg (92KB, 700x246px) Image search: [Google]
Sam-Zeiss-2.jpg
92KB, 700x246px
>>3095720

I assume you are asking about the bodies in general and not those two specific lenses because they are quite different.

a7ii is the better camera with better lenses, but /p/ swears by the "shooting experience", "unique sensor rendoring" and "fuji glow" of the lenses.

Personally I think it is all bullshit, but you should decide for yourself.

Read DPreviews in depth reviews and, most importantly, go try one out for yourself.
>>
>>3095744
Name. Samyang is the company, bower and rokinon are just branding. Like, you're much happier buying a chevrolet than a daewoo, even though the car itself is the same. Or audi vs skoda (more or less).
>>
File: japan4.jpg (129KB, 906x646px) Image search: [Google]
japan4.jpg
129KB, 906x646px
>camera comes with a joystick, touchscreen, and hundreds of af spots
>only use center focus and recompose

I don't get it, the new ways are so much slower and inefficient in most cases.

Am I just stuck with bad habits from my film days?

Image OrientationUnknown
Image Width906
Image Height646
>>
>>3095774
Both methods are perfectly fine.

But when you use a tripod it's nice to have many AF points.
>>
Is it worth upgrading from a6000 to a a6300? The a6500 is just out my budget.
I use it solely for stills. I dont mind changing systems either if there is a better camera around that price point as well.
>>
File: worth it or no.png (450KB, 1194x544px) Image search: [Google]
worth it or no.png
450KB, 1194x544px
As i Asked in the other thread, no answer. Is this worth picking up for a night time photoshoot? Also do I need a tripod?

I really don't know the basics of flashes but I think i'll really need one.
>>
>>3095804
Depends what you're doing.

But for night photography you generally want to use a tripod and some continuous lightning.

Flashes are mostly useful for studio work.
Or when conditions are borderline.
At night they give very poor range, ie anything far away will stay very dark (but this could be your intention of course).
>>
>>3095720
A7 II.

>>3095799
Not for many people, no. Mainly get it if you need the newer PDAF (as such, or maybe you need it for lens adapters which it supports better).
>>
>>3095719
https://youtu.be/zy7c2ikUhcM

This video will be your best friend. No need to thank me
>>
File: onibaba.png (1MB, 1700x999px) Image search: [Google]
onibaba.png
1MB, 1700x999px
>>3095805

I actually want a theme similar to pic related, especially the shadows/lighting, only difference is they used 30 kilowatts of lighting or something during their shooting, i don't have access to that, there'll be lots of closeups as well.

Any recommendation on a good light? I appreciate the help.
>>
>>3095719
You could use this workflow:
https://luminous-landscape.com/articleImages/CameraScanning.pdf

You should be theoretically able to compensate for a colored light with a RAW editor profile that you can more or less just automatically apply.
>>
>>3095811
Godox has pretty cheap studio strobes for like $200-800 including some with an integrated power pack (and the rest can use an external add-on one).

Those should easily have the same kind of lighting power for photos regardless if you put a fairly large diffuser or a honeycomb on it.
>>
File: 2017-06-15 00.10.47.jpg (757KB, 1055x1165px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-15 00.10.47.jpg
757KB, 1055x1165px
The film advance is stuck on this Yashica TL-Super that I bought yesterday

How do I fix it?

Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
I was into /p/hotography like 6-8 years ago, idk I can't remember. Then I stopped for no raisin. Now I'm kinda inching back into it.

Right now I have the same camera I had back then, a T2i/550D. I have 2 lenses, a 50mm f/1.8 and I just ordered a 24mm f/2.8 STM. It was only after placing this order that my T2i started to act up a little.. the SD card reader is beginning to die. I think I can make it last a while longer, but I'm going to need to get a new camera some time in the next few months.

Question is, what do I get? I know all the details but I'm still conflicted. For someone who doesn't make money with it, justifying a full frame camera can be difficult but I am considering it.

>Do I spent over $1000 on a FF body or $500 on a crop?
>I like to do video just as much as photo.
I've been seeing many people say Sony is doing video better than anyone. My first DSLR back in the day was an early Sony alpha, I had an old minolta 50mm that was awesome. I really wouldn't mind going to the A-mount. I'm not terribly invested in glass, I have 2 dirt cheap lenses right now that I could just sell and start over if needed.
>New models coming out
Should I be keeping an eye out for new stuff in the next half year?
>>
>>3095892
> Question is, what do I get?
Basically the best lenses and camera you can afford.

At least up to some mass market consumer FF DSLR/MILC anyhow. [You should obviously contemplate a bit more if you really need a >$10k professional video / digital MF camera body, it might just be more troublesome to use and obsolete before you got all that much use out of it.]

> I really wouldn't mind going to the A-mount.
Sony's main mount with all the fancy interesting glass is the MILC E-mount now.

The A-mount had and will have far less new releases.

> Should I be keeping an eye out for new stuff in the next half year?
There are many new models now that MILC have accelerated the pace quite a lot. There's going to be something better announced all the time in the next few years.
>>
>>3095910
Thanks for the response. Since I posted I did discover the thing about the E-mount, which is fine because it seems like adapters are readily available and not that expensive. When I said I wouldn't mind using A-mount again, I was referring to old (borderline vintage?) glass from the minolta days.

Looking at the A7, it seems like it may be a good option if I can find a good deal on a lightly used one. Right now the best I can find on ebay is about $900, but i've heard they have been known to go for $600 or less at times.

E-mount lenses are more expensive, at least Sony versions, especially FF ones. Are there any good third party e-mount lenses out that work with full frame?
>>
>>3095736
Get an Osmo, call it a day.
>>
Hey guys, about to buy my first non kit lens(I have an 18-55 and a 55-200) for my D5300 and I want it to be a trusty one despite a very low budget($250)

I do mainly landscape, but starting to get into more event and music work.
So I'm thinking of either a wide angle, 35mm prime, or 50mm prime.
The primes both seem more reliable long term and better values, but wouldn't see as much use as a wide-angle upgrade.
But while I'd use the wide angle more, it doesn't seem like my budget goes as far in that vein, so I don't know if upgrading now is worth it (though I can't see myself going $800 in on a lens for several years, so waiting might be wrong too).

Which lens should I buy?
>>
>>3095913
> Looking at the A7
Suggesting the A7 II.

The A7 has downsides whether you work with AF or MF and also the grip and button placement is fairly annoying.

If you don't have a budget for this, maybe consider using an APS-C A6x00 instead.

> E-mount lenses are more expensive, at least Sony versions, especially FF ones.
By and large they're normally priced to slightly cheaper than their performance would suggest. Especially the primes.

> Are there any good third party e-mount lenses out that work with full frame?
About a dozen 3rd parties make lenses, but they are primarily MF lenses. Only a bunch of them have AF.

Samyang is maybe the most obvious option for more budget-oriented lenses. But I guess you could just have a look at the whole market and see what exists.

You can also adapt lenses from other systems with AF support. Canon EF is most typically used, but there are more.
>>
>>3095923
I think most people would tell you to get the 50mm f/1.8, but honestly I find it too restricting on an APS-C camera. I would go somewhere in the 24-35mm range.
>>
>>3095923
Get the 14mm Samyang wide angle lens if you want something wide. [Yea, you will have to save an extra $50 before you can buy it, probably, unless you find it cheaper somewhere used.]

Get a typical cheap 35mm f/1.8 or so otherwise.
>>
>>3095913
Adding to this thought, my other option at this point (if I bought today) would be an 80D.

Is the 80D a meme or is it the real deal?
>>
>>3095940
> Is the 80D a meme or is it the real deal?
Not a meme. It's a really rather nice APS-C.

And yet I'd go with a Sony again for the primes that system has. (And better ability to adapt lenses and the much better smartphone app and quite a few other details. But that's not to say the 80D doesn't have advantages.)
>>
i just found out the ois on phones are really, lets just move the whole camera module.
that's why rolling shutter is terrible on them.
>>
>>3095959
> that's why rolling shutter is terrible on them.
Not... really. It actually should reduce the magnitude of rolling shutter effects a bit if it's actual OIS.

But they just have slow sensor readout. That said, they're excused to an extent since even DSLR / MILC are only starting to do this well.
>>
>>3095936
How does sharpness compare on the 14mm Samyang vs the Sigma 10-20mm, the Tokina 11-16mm, or even the new Nikkor 10-20mm? All three(except the new nikon) seem like they're more popular than samyang around that price point.

>>3095936
>>3095932
Also, is the price jump from f/1.8 D to newer f/1.8 G model nikkor primes worth it?
>>
>>3095969
The Samyang is manual focus only.
Also it's designed for full frame, so you're paying more and will carry around useless weight.

Nikon makes both a full frame and a crop ('DX') 35mm f/1.8 G
I think the crop version is actually cheaper than the (full frame) 'D' version, and in any case it's a great little lens to have.

For wide angle I would just buy whatever you can find for a good price second hand.
And if you don't like it sell it again.
>>
>>3095969
> How does sharpness compare
Quite a bit sharper:
https://www.dxomark.com/Lenses/Compare/Side-by-side/14mm-F2.8-IF-ED-MC-Aspherical-Nikon-on-Nikon-D5300-versus-Tokina-AT-X-11-20-F28-PRO-DX-Nikon-on-Nikon-D5300-versus-Sigma-10-20mm-F35-EX-DC-HSM-Nikon-on-Nikon-D5300__366_919_1452_919_757_919

Check the detailed measurements (especially the field map).

> Also, is the price jump from f/1.8 D to newer f/1.8 G model nikkor primes worth it?
Don't you simply need the "G" if you want AF on cameras below the D7x00, which don't have a AF motor on the body?

You can compare most of the other bits on DxO.
>>
>>3095971
>>3095977
Huh yeah, samyang does look stellar there, doesn't add much extra weight for FF, and the price is great- really only MF that takes away, as my eyes aren't very practiced at all in manual.

And the D vs G seems to be just a 50mm topic- G has nice bokeh and is quiter focusing but costs $50 more.

I think I'll have to go with a prime until I can come up with a bit more funds.
>>
>>3095992
> really only MF that takes away, as my eyes aren't very practiced at all in manual
It's going to be set to infinity / hyperfocal from like 2m away or so (I guess you could look it up, but it's going to be close to the camera).

And I guess you just have to make a guess from the minimum focusing distance to there.

> And the D vs G seems to be just a 50mm topic
The AF thing should be the case for all lenses.
>>
Is the Manfrotto BeFree a durable tripod? I know the brand is highly praised but I want to know if it's actually worth it.

I can get one brand new for about $100 but not sure if I should pull the trigger on it
>>
>>3095996 (cont'd)
Used an online calculator, at f/4 you can use infinity from ~1.35m away. At f/8 it's ~0.87m. And the worst case of f/2.8 is ~2.05m.

Basically, you should rarely have a problem if you leave it on infinity unless you do very peculiar types of photography.
>>
>>3096001
It's a line of tripods, not just one model.

I didn't hear much about durability issues, but it costs basically as much as a decent Chinese carbon tripod (or almost twice as much as an aluminum one).

And I personally don't like the Manfrotto heads, Arca swiss type heads are better and easier to get accessories for.
>>
>>3096001
Yes, they are pretty decent tripods with good portability
>>
>>3095996
>>3096002
Yeah, the MF honestly seems very doable. I'll probably give the samyang a go in the near future.

And for the D/G, you're probably right about the auto-focus needs, I was just referring to other differences in the 50mm 1.8's
>>
>>3096003

Didn't realize that

It's this model to be exact

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/969739-REG/manfrotto_mkbfra4_bh_befree_compact_travel_photo.html

>>3096004

Awesome. Thanks.
>>
Is this the place to ask about recommended camera bags?
>>
>>3096045
Lowepro Flipside 400AW as bare minimum
>>
I want to get started on toy photography but I'm also looking to use a camera for taking scenes on trips.

Currently looking at the Nikon D5600 and Sony ILCE6000 as they are the ones just right in my budget.

Wondering what the differences in the sensors are and how cheap and reliable they can be if I want to learn more outside toy photography.
>>
>>3096045
Sure.I will point you at the Caden plus the Nat.Geo / Lowepro (dunno if it's originals or imitations, but they work) on Aliexpress.

They also have inserts if you already have a bigger backpack you like.

Not like there is consensus though. People like very diverse bags and packs.
>>
>>3096046
>>3096048
How lame do messenger bags look irl?
>>
>>3096052
Depends. How handsome are you irl?
>>
>>3096052
Very lame. Same as your tripod and your big clunky camera. Or you when using a camera as an adult (lel, so lame -even lamer when you hold a portable flash).

Do the photographer thing and stop giving a fuck about how it looks. Worry about whether it works for you.
>>
>>3096054
Ty anon, ilu.
>>
File: 18.07 14_20_26.jpg (163KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
18.07 14_20_26.jpg
163KB, 1000x665px
I had around 400€ to spare and needed a new camera body. I have some mediocre Minolta lenses from my older camera I dropped to a lake.

I bought a refurub SLT-A68.

How retarded was I?

Equipment MakeKONICA MINOLTA
Camera ModelDYNAX 7D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Image Width2848
Image Height1894
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2017:06:16 04:05:35
Exposure Time1/4000 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Brightness10.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height665
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: NikonF3.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NikonF3.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
>>3095681
Is the Nikon F3 even worth it? Looking to upgrade from my Canon AE-1P.
>>
>>3095820
just google it and try the multiple options it gives you for fixing it. Do the simplest one first. Ive fixed like 3 film camera from this
>>
63rd for digital is fucking shit
>>
>>3096073

Not that terrible.

Coulda gotten an a6000 instead and then adapted the Minolta lenses.

Or saved a little more and gotten an ay7 for full frame fun.

Adapter costs like $250 though so both would have been over your budget.
>>
>>3096075

just get an FE
>>
>>3096075
Well if you want better glass and a rugged body yes. Also all the different focus screens out there for it and view finders.

You could always join the rangefinder gang too with a Canon ltm
>>
>>3096052

I have the National Geographic Africa backpack. It's stunning and works amazing. Canvas material and top grain leather top-flap (which is the same quality leather used in Luis Vuitton and other fashion houses). Has space for my laptop, books, camera, lenses, and gym gear. Plus has side loops to slide a tripod into.

I've been stopped numerous times to have people ask me where to get this bag.

>The product code is: NG A5290
>>
>>3096249
>NG A5290

I have been eyeing the A5280.

Same thing but a little smaller, right? Mainly use mirrorless or smaller old film bodies, so I don't need something that can fit a massive dslr.
>>
>>3096047
Identical sensors
A6000 will be much faster to learn with and get tge shots you want as it has an evf, which gives a wysiwyg preview of your shot, whereas the nikon just has a tiny window.

The sony can also do focus magnification, useful when you're doing close up shots and need to nail a very thin plane of focus. The sony will also take any lens with a cheap adapter, nikon is limited to expensive nikon mount lenses only.

It may be worth looking at a second hand a7, it's an a6000 but with a ful frame sensor pretty much.
>>
>>3096252

It seems to be the same thing but smaller. I would still recommend the A5290 though.

I currently carry an A7 with 35/f2.8 lens attached in the large camera box compartment, and a 24-70 in the lens holders that are just next to the big box (still in the same area, however).

The bag also fits my 13 inch laptop nicely. So if your laptop is that big, I say get the A5290. But if you use a tablet, or a smaller laptop, or no laptop, you can probably get away with a smaller one. I think the 90 is a perfect size though, I can hold a good amount of gear, but not so much stuff that I fall backwards.

Also, if you plan on placing a tripod on the outside loops, it may be awkwardly positioned on the smaller bag (assuming you have a large tripod).
>>
File: 102_626449786.jpg (28KB, 454x605px) Image search: [Google]
102_626449786.jpg
28KB, 454x605px
I'm looking at a used Canon 6D. The price is decent for the camera but it has the mode wheel missing (pic related). Is it easy to replace that?
>>
>>3096161
Why do you suggest a FE over the F3?
>>
>>3096296

>cheaper

>lighter

>is basically the same minus the exchangeable focusing screens, from which every one apart from the standard one is useless
>>
>>3095720
Sony, but fuji isn't bad like people say.
>>
>>3096287
Probably not, just google. If not then it still works without it right?
>>
>>3095923
35mm AFS 1.8G, that is what you want trust me. Its dirt cheap and produces fantastic pictures. 50mm on crop is a portrait lens and really awkward for anything else.
>>
File: IMG_1375.jpg (31KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1375.jpg
31KB, 450x450px
Recommendations for mic shock mounts? Breaking down my dslr rig the other day, pic related never made it back into my Pelican.

my original one was a gift, get it again or is there a better option?

Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Width450
Image Height450
>>
>>3095681
>buy brand new canon fd 50mm 1.4 in box and everything
>chuck on adapter for my gh2
>aperture ring doesn't change the aperture at all and when the lens is off it's stuck basically closed and when I put it on my gh2 it's stuck wide open
what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>3096524
ignore this, had it mounted on the adapter wrong
>>
Is Sony the only real option if you want to do 4K for around $1000?
>>
Can someone find me a good rolleiflex on ebay for street shooting? I'm not sure which model would be best for all around.

I've wanted one for a while but rolleiflex seems so rare around here. It's not just a gimmick camera right? I know a few professionals used it.
>>
>>3096579
I use a Rolleiflex 2.8D. I wouldn't recommend paying extra for the newer ones with meters, just more things to go wrong with the camera. Plan on spending an extra 300-400 to have the camera overhauled or only buy one off Ebay that has a reference and receipt nunber for who overhauled the camera recently. You will probably need the shutter speeds and the focus adjusted, maybe the frame spacing depending on how much and how recently the camera is used.

They are great cameras and will produce great quality images for as long as you live. I would also recommend finding a Rolleinar close focus adapter since the minimum focusing distance isn't great if you want to be able to do portraits. There are 3 different levels of Rolleinar, I would recommend 1 or 2.

Dont spend money on an expensive focusing screen, if youre getting the camera overhauled ask the tech to clean the mirror while theyre at it
>>
I'm going to be the photographer at a dinner place/night club this fall.
I will be shooting mainly larger events, balls, etc.

I'm thinking of buying a Sigma 30 f1.4 for this purpose, to my 600d.
Is this a good idea?
>>
>>3096594

Thanks what's the average price you'd pay for one in good condition? I plan on paying 3-400$

This is great advice, I'd really like to take the Rolleiflex life style seriously, visually the cameras a joy to see and I've heard it's a lot of fun to work with.

I'm going to check out some right now and see about acquiring one before my next photoshoot.
>>
>>3095923
buy outside first party, get something like the C/Y Zeiss 25mm f/2.8. With wide angles you won't miss autofocus and often first party cheap primes are pretty crap, unless you get "mid tier" lenses like the canon 35mm 2.0 IS / 28mm 2.8 IS / 24mm 2.8 IS. Don't know the equivalents for Nikon.
>>
>>3096664
That is far too small of a budget for a Rolleiflex. Keep in mind that these were professionally used for a very long period of time, they don't come cheap even though they are very old. It's not worth spending that little on one that won't function the way it's intended to. The engineering on these things is very impressive and they are worth the money. I've used autocords, rolleicords, seagulls, etc. It's better to just spend the extra on a proper Rolleiflex that will last you forever.

If you really don't want to spend that much but are set on a TLR, get a Mamiya c220 or c330, only con is they're bigger/heavier and you'll be tempted to buy a bunch of lenses for it.
>>
I'm seriously considering getting this camera (Sony a7r). I just need some helpful comments to push me towards getting it.

I feel like it's the best camera out there for the price/performance.

I'm coming from an old setup with several canon lenses.

My last camera was a canon 30d.

I'll still be able to use my old lenses with an adapter.

I shoot mainly landscape.

If I do get this camera I think i'll invest in the sony 20mm f2.8 lens to go with it.

Anyone have any suggestions/comments?
>>
>>3096686

Adapted Canon lenses will AF poorly on the a7r.

You need the a7rii for then to work well.

The 20mm f 2.8 is a crop lens too, btw.
>>
>>3096705

I'm not overly concerned about the af function. But what makes the ar7ii better suited for af?

What do you mean by it's a crop lens?
>>
>>3096705
>>3096716

Nevermind I see what you mean by a cropped lens now. Is there any other similar lens you could recommend that isn't cropped?
>>
>>3096686
Get the A7 II, A6500 or A7R II instead, the AF adapters work better with these.

>>3096724
>Is there any other similar lens you could recommend that isn't cropped?
Not same anon, but 18mm Batis / 21mm Loxia / 25mm Batis are nice.

If it needs to be cheaper, get a Samyang. Maybe the older 14mm f/2.8? Though it's not like the 12mm fisheye or 20 or 24mm are bad.
>>
>>3096740
>Get the A7 II, A6500 or A7R II instead, the AF adapters work better with these.

The price difference between the A7R and the A7RII are crazy.

Again what is it exactly that makes the A7R not as good with the adapter?
>>
>>3096287

I use a 5dmIII with a missing mode dial top.

I can still change the mode, and desu, I only use manual or video so it's never a problem for me anyway.

As long as the camera works, I say go for it.

Plus, you can try and lowball this person hard for having "broken" equipment.
>>
>>3096744
> The price difference between the A7R and the A7RII are crazy.
The A7R II is also priced pretty much like its direct competition. And all of these are not particularly expensive modern mass market consumer prices anyhow.

But if the price is a problem, I'll suggest the A7 II or A6500 instead.

> Again what is it exactly that makes the A7R not as good with the adapter?
I have no clue due to what detail in the AF or protocol is wrong/worse.

It just doesn't work as well, same as on the A6000 and the A7. You need the newer Sony cameras with the newer AF for it to work well.
>>
>>3096744

Have you considered the a7II? Which the other anons have stated?

The a7r has the poorest autofocus of the entire lineup of a7 series cameras. It's not bad autofocus by any means, but it's not as good as the others in the lineup.

The a7II is when they stepped up the autofocus game huge. The Canon adapters work brilliantly on it, and it has IBIS, among other great features.

If you're using the a7r with native sony lenses, you'll be fine. The autofocus will be more than good enough for landscapes. So don't worry about that.

However, if you plan on using Canon lenses, I recommend using a second generation body.

So, if you want to go with the a7r, purchase one of the wide angle zeiss lenses. The two wide angle Batis lenses are stunning. They also have a wide angle Loxia, but that is manual focus only.
>>
>>3096749

My biggest concern for not going with the A7ii was the fact that the A7R had a higher resolution. I didn't like the idea of having to sacrifice on image quality when stepping over the the A7Rii as I would most likely be using it for large blow up prints.

Those lenses look really good but I really can't spend $900 + on a lens right now. Something around $500 would be the most, which is why the Rokinon AF 35mm f/2.8 is looking so good to me at the moment.
>>
Is the Sony/Minolta A-mount officially dead? Will there be anymore future A-mount cameras and lenses?
>>
>>3096753
>I would most likely be using it for large blow up prints
Then buy good lenses and the A7 II for starters, or the A7R II if you have more money.

> I didn't like the idea of having to sacrifice on image quality when stepping over the the A7Rii as I would most likely be using it for large blow up prints.
Who "likes" that idea except a few people who pride themselves on using vintage gear so that you can see it?

But if you're not willing to pay the (actually pretty cheap, as far as expenses that get you near professional levels at almost anything are concerned) cost of getting all higher end gear, then you should probably pick the A7 II over the A7R II to have well-working adapted lenses and extra money to buy 1-2 more good lenses.
>>
>>3096753
That's fair. But the 24mp sensor allows you to make some rather large prints.

And, really, if you want to make "large blow up prints", 36 megapixels won't cut it either.

You'll need to do panorama shots if you truly want to blow things up huge while still retaining 300dpi.

Also, 280dpi, and even 250dpi still look excellent, and almost indistinguishable from 300dpi at a regular viewing distance (more so for 280).

But ya. Don't think that if you get a 36mp sensor that you're going to be making wall sized prints with 300dpi anytime soon. You're going to be needing to make composite shots and panos if you really want to blow up big at 300dpi.

What this means is that you can get the a7ii.

The extra resolution of the a7r helps when you need to crop things.
>>
>>3096686
>>3096744

A7r is trash at af with adapted lenses, it steps through the focus range incredibly slowly, the a7ii will give you af as good or better than your 30d, this is because sony innovated in on sensor phase detect autofocus as opposed to contrast based which mirrorless & dslr in liveview were limited to previously, also, consider whether you need that many mp, your lenses are unlikely to outresolve the 24mp in the a7ii, let alone 42mp, and my 16gb, i7, gtx 1070, ssd rig chugs itself into lethargy on raws from the a7rii. 24mp is still plenty for a1 prints, and your lens will dictate how sharp it is, notthe mp count.

Also, the 20mm isn't full frame so reconsider that, canon 17-40 is a good uwa for its cost.

Fwiw, I traded in my a7 and about $700 to upgrade to the a7ii, the only difference is the autofocus and ibis, it was one of the best purchases I've made.
>>
File: Camera2.jpg (938KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
Camera2.jpg
938KB, 1440x960px
So a family friend passed away and they left me this Sears TLS (Ricoh Singlex TLS) camera. However I think I am having some issues understanding how to work it properly. When I look through the view finder and adjust focus it seem like only the center dot can be focused and everything else is blurry (it is kind of like a green haze with a small clear circle in the middle). I also notice that when I focus on certain things I get a like a double vision of it unless I'm focused to infinity (I guess). It is kind of hard to explain.

Also I would like to use both lens on my Canon EOS M. What is the cheapest adapter I can buy on Amazon that will work? I'm pretty noob at photography.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS M
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.6
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:06:16 17:28:15
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/4.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Focal Length33.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
I do portraits and I am thinking of getting a sigma art lense, but I can not decide between 85mm and 135mm.
I usually do mo portrait work with 50mm lens.
>>
>>3096985
Never had that camera, is it perhaps using a M42 mount?

There are M42 EOS adapters on Aliexpress for cheap, so I'd think they also exist on Amazon.

>>3097020
Both look quite fine. Of course 135mm is sometimes still a little better, but then it already is also harder to use in smaller studios / indoor locations / crowded public places.

Unless you're going to use it only in a big enough studio just get the 85mm - and get the 135mm later if you still want it.
>>
>>3096939
>this is because sony innovated in on sensor phase detect autofocus
>What is the Canon 70D for 1000?
>>
>>3097034

It was a new type of on sensor pdaf on a6300 and later.

Even early NEX bodies had normal on sensor pdaf.
>>
File: 1486625490156.jpg (58KB, 768x510px) Image search: [Google]
1486625490156.jpg
58KB, 768x510px
Guys I just picked up a sony a6000 recently and it's cool and all but I have severe buyers remorse over not choosing another camera, like the OM-D EM10m2 which was my original choice.

Mainly it's the lens prices for E mount are just too much for me to afford

Should I return it? Please help
>>
>>3097068
As if good Olympus or whatever lenses are cheaper.

The lenses that perform only almost (but not quite) like the better $160/300 Sigma primes on APS-C are like $700 on MFT.

And it's not like the cheapest lenses are any cheaper on MFT, it's the same $15 or whatever vintage and Chinese lenses.
>>
>>3096652
Anyone?
>>
>>3097068
>Mainly it's the lens prices for E mount are just too much for me to afford

Good m43 lenses are a slightly cheaper, but not by any appreciable amount. They are also worse lenses.

E-mount lenses are only slightly higher than than other mirrorless lenses, if you can't afford them maybe photography isn't for you.

You could also look at adapting old lenses from other mounts.
>>
>>3097092
>They are also worse lenses.

I haven't found this to be true in my experience. What I do find to be true is that high end lenses are much cheaper on MFT while low end lenses are more expensive, owing to the smaller resale and used market. In terms of image quality, it varies across the range but per dollar, you will generally get better bang for your buck with micro four thirds lenses.

That said, some people want the advantages of a larger sensor: better low light performance and higher resolution if you want to print larger or crop more aggressively.
>>
>>3097068
cheaper lenses work better on larger sensors.

going for the omd would be a step backwards for you.

jsut get some old legacy mf lenses if you're poor, nikon, canon FD, pentax, minolta, they all good.

>>3097098
"high end" lenses don't exist for m43, yeh you get some leica memes and shit, but m43 is 4 times less sharp then full frame and the cost difference between m43 and ff is less than the cost of one decent lens.

small sensors are a false economy.
>>
>>3097098
also, sigma DN range, how can you not afford $100 a Lens?
>>
>>3097068
>>3097089
>>3097092
>>3097125

ok boys I have thought a bit more and it's just general buyers remorse worrying that I got the right camera, and I think I did.

Lens prices aren't that much different, I was just seeing some panasonic m43 lenses that were cheap

I'll probably get the sigma 30 f2.8
>>
>>3097068
>buys sony
>instant regret
kek, when will you faggots ever learn?
>>
>>3097125
>four times less sharp
This is a bad argument and if you don't recognize why it's disingenuous I won't bother trying to argue about it.
>>
Honestly can't tell if sonygger gearfags, shills, or straight up retards sometimes
>>
File: Nikon-D3400-Roja.jpg (149KB, 838x650px) Image search: [Google]
Nikon-D3400-Roja.jpg
149KB, 838x650px
about to go for one of pic related for $320 or so, do you guys think it worth it?

Camera SoftwarePixelmator 3.5
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:08:24 22:08:26
Image Width838
Image Height650
>>
>>3097147
it's always a combination of all three
>>
>>3097153
Get a D3300 instead or a Pentax K-S2
>>
if I get a secondhand zoom lens, when I go pick it up, are there some standard things to check/verify?

never bought a secondhand lens before and am worried about getting screwed over
>>
File: DSC02322.jpg (1MB, 4896x3672px) Image search: [Google]
DSC02322.jpg
1MB, 4896x3672px
hey /p/, looking for a new lens for my α200, I shoot mainly wildlife, got ~$400 to spend. could anyone help me, please :)
>>
>>3097247
Maybe the minolta 100-400mm f4.5-6.7 or save a little more jewgold and get a nice 200mm f2.8 apo if you don't mind picking up a 1.4x or 2x tele.
>>
>looking at ebay listings for used cameras
>they never include the fucking battery
for what purpose
>>
File: 20170617_154925.jpg (2MB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
20170617_154925.jpg
2MB, 2576x1932px
How did I do /p/? I'm new to gear fagging but I thought I picked these lenses up for pretty cheap. One is a brand new quantaray 28mm and the other is a vivitar 28-200 1/4 macro, got them both for 30 bucks. Are these reasonable prices for sr mount lenses?

Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-G550T1
Camera SoftwareG550T1UVU2AQC4
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.2
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)33 mm
Image Width2576
Image Height1932
Image Created2017:06:17 15:49:25
Exposure Time1/33 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating50
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length3.30 mm
CommentUser comments
Image Width2576
Image Height1932
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Unique Image IDS5K4EC
>>
>>3097144
>sensors outresolve the best lenses
>lens is the limiting factor
>m43 has quarter the surface area = 1/4 the snr
>4 times less sharp with equal lenses

Let me guess, you have nothing to back up your claim.
>>
>>3097283
>masturbating furiously over pixels you'll never need
>>
>>3097242
Bring your camera and take a couple of test shots. If everything works fine you're alright.
>>
>>3097242
Read reviews of the lens new. Learn if there is distortion of any kind, vignetting, soft in the corners, things like that. Learn if the lens has these qualities when it's supposed to be brand new.

Then, see what the used lens is like compared to the supposed qualities of a new version.
>>
What's a low budget digital to shoot movies on
>>
>>3097318
> Low budget
Depends on what you mean with that.
- Chinese GoPro imitation or your smartphone (cheaper than MILC or original GoPro)
- Panasonic or Sony MILC (cheaper than dedicated amateur video camera)
- RED digital cinema camera or some such (cheaper than bigger Sony / Arry broadcast or professional production cameras)
>>
>>3097283
Do you ride a comically large bicycle because smaller wheels have less surface area?
>>
How much experience people have from SmallRig's NATO rails? Are those worth of the money or is there a bit cheaper versions with 1/4" and 3/8" holes?
>>
Why don't more people shoot pentax?
>>
>>3097434
Smaller system, less marketing, fewer lenses, lots fewer third-party accessories, weaker autofocus, that meme that keeps popping up about how they won't be able to survive as a company. (most of these are tied together)
>>
>>3097438

Sad and accurate :/

> that meme that keeps popping up about how they won't be able to survive as a company

what are your thoughts on this?
>>
>>3097434
noobs see everyone shooting canikon and buy into the meme.

pentax #1
>>
>>3097311
>>3097288
Ok, so "the usual"
Someone told me that there's a risk for stuff to be misaligned, especially in zoom lenses
Personally I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, I doubt the elements just move around during use without becoming super noticeable when I pick it up
>>
>>3097434

i shoot pantecks. have the newest model the kp. autofocus works just fine for me. 2 missed focus shots out of over 4,000 so far. using one of their film era lenses shooting into a sunset when that happened,
>>
>>3095734
fuji for the win
>>
>>3097439
Well I mean it's been going on in some fashion for a while, at least since the early digital era. Pentax is still around, but the impression that they're just hanging on has never really gone away. Vicious cycle. I suspect part of it was that they misjudged their strategy. They had a prototype full-frame camera in like 2000 and never did anything with it, apparently thinking that digital was going to be an APS-C world, populated by APS-C lenses. Then Canikon made FF cameras, and pros jumped on board with that. They were historically a small-and-light kind of camera maker (think the MX and company) that liked pancake lenses. They introduced a bunch of those for crop digital, then mirrorless came along and kicked the small-and-light stool right out from under them.

I'm not really sure what's to be done about it. Over at PF there's a couple schools of thought that I've seen. One is to ditch it all, get a new lens mount, and embrace a mirrorless future. Problem being that's essentially betting the farm on red and if the wheel comes up black then you're through. And they didn't exactly knock the ball out of the park with the Q, since they gave it way too small a sensor. Also you kinda go from competing against Canikon to competing against Fuji, Sony, and m4/3, you won't get a niche to yourself. The other idea is to keep K-mount and keep going against Canikon. More long-flange FF lenses, pro bodies, etc. If you do that then you keep the territory you have, but give yourself even stronger incumbents to fight. Even if you spend the money to make pro bodies and big glass, will anyone switch to you so that you can make that back? Their being behind in autofocus and the used/3rd-party market hurts even more in this plan.
>>
>>3097434
my dslr and mirrorless are pentax. i bought the Q when I was just getting into photography, but it turned out to be an excellent keeper of a camera and led me into pentax for my DSLR purchase
>>
>>3097478
The day Pentacks makes a weather-sealed FF mirrorless, I might consider seriously moving into digital. M4/3 is fun for dicking around but useless for any heavy lifting, and Sony's contraptions look like expensive toys rather than something I'd drag through mud and rain on mountain trails. I don't want to buy a DSLR system and then having to pay through the ass to get the same lens complement that I already have for several film systems.
>>
So I've been hesitating between a Sony A5000 and A6000 recently. Was wondering if the A6000 was worth the 250 extra euros.
But now there is this Sony A6000 + 16-50mm for 499 euros instead of the usual 599. It's just 150 extra euros compared to an A5000 now.
Is it a good deal?
>>
>>3097514

Go with the a6000, better in every way.

And yes, that deal is pretty decent. They have been lower, but it is pretty rare.
>>
>>3097447
>autofocus works just fine for me.

lol delusional tampax faggot probably shooting flowers and then claiming the gimped auto focus "works for me"
>>
>>3097528
>poopco trying his hardest to remain relevant
>>
>>3097329
I just wanted to say you're an ass.
>>
>>3097447

Problem isn't so much accuracy, anything can hit given enough time.

Issue is speed and tracking, which Pentax lacks.
>>
>>3097514
if you want a glorified smartphone, get the a5000.

If you want an introduction to photography, get the a6000.

Bare in mind, you can grab a second hand a7 for about the same price, and that's pretty much just an a6000 but with a proper full frame sensor.
>>
>>3097548
>If you want an introduction to photography, get the a6000.
Pretty much my conclusion. Now I'm just wondering if I should settle for the deal at 499 euros or wait a little for a better deal.
>>
>>3097536
But it's true. I've never seen a DSLR give such bad results in such a simple test.

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentax-kp-review/6
>>
File: 1.png (99KB, 735x588px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
99KB, 735x588px
>>3097434
It's a dead company. The K1 development cost is killing them.

Initially they fired their 1000 marketeer shills in north America, but that wasn't enough, more lay-offs in Japan is incoming.
>>
>>3097439
>what are your thoughts on this?
Just buy another camera system if there are no newer Pentax models some day. Simple.

Thanks to MILC doing their thing you can even keep using lenses, but maybe you won't even care because of newer glass.
>>
>>3097567
Yeah, so? The compact and pleb camera market is dead, same thing what Nikon is doing.
The Ricoh CEO specifically stated they are focusing on the "high added value" segment meaning high end DSLRs and one entry level line.
Nice try though, poopco, but weak. Very weak.
>>
>>3097594
That was when Ricoh was healthy and could subsidize its dead camera branch. Pentax was in trouble then.

Now Ricoh is half dead, Pentax is in 10 times the trouble it was in a few months back.
>>
I've got a xe2 and a 27mm pancake. What should I buy next? 18-55mm lens or Samsung 12mm? Would quite like to take some landscape shots when hiking but I really don't want to be overburdened by lenses. Or should I say fuck it and just do panoramic shots using my current 28mm?
>>
>>3097561
Just get it, you get a lot for that price.
>>
>>3097597
The 12mm Samyang is pretty nice, can't really go wrong with it.
>>
File: Canon_front.jpg (62KB, 800x505px) Image search: [Google]
Canon_front.jpg
62KB, 800x505px
Why shouldn't I get this?
>>
>>3097620
Just get a used 5D Mk ii, unless you really need good AF.
>>
>>3097623
Why would I buy a decade-old camera?
>>
>>3097651
Because it has better image quality than the 77D you twat. Hell, while the 5DmkIII and IV have better high ISO and dynamic range, especially with the IV, I still prefer the images from the mkII. They also appear a tad sharper, perhaps due to a less aggressive AA filter, although that's just conjecture.

And while the AF system is archaic, I still found it plenty usable. I've even used it to shoot sports with adequate results.
>>
Can someone help me since it's photography related gear question.

Where would I find large sheets of white paper like they use for modeling backgrounds? I want to cut a bunch up and use them in a photo shoot of mine.

A massive roll would be nice. Any suggestions? I don't know what its called so i'm having a hard time finding it.
>>
>>3096075
Love mine. It's my favorite over pretty much all, but I would get an FE if you want cheaper. I got mine mint condition because the register accidentally made an error and they let it be mine for less than 100 instead of 500.
>>
>>3097674
Anyone selling big paper. Might be a crafts store, a printing supplies company, a theater supplier or a paper mill.

If you don't have anyone obvious nearby, perhaps order a fabric, pvc or nylon background. They are more mechanically robust and can be cleaned.
>>
File: Lastolite-HiLite-backgrounds.jpg (103KB, 590x334px) Image search: [Google]
Lastolite-HiLite-backgrounds.jpg
103KB, 590x334px
>>3097693
Also, if you want something that can be stowed away / set up quicker, maybe get a Lastolite hilite or its not entirely easy to find Chinese imitation.

Or framed reflector walls. closely related, but they may also be quicker because it's somewhat easier to put them away fully assembled since they'll be flat.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Elements 8.0 Windows
Image Created2010:11:04 12:12:34
Image Width590
Image Height334
>>
File: IMG_20170618_212126.jpg (91KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170618_212126.jpg
91KB, 1280x960px
is it worth to ditch helios and get a smc takumar?
>>
why the fuck cant I find a good camera bag
>>
>>3097721
domke
>>
>>3097721
Where are you taking your gear? Is this a bag for walking around the city or for doing extreme hiking/harsh elements? how much crap are you hauling?
>>
File: 1497560761000_1345066.jpg (88KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1497560761000_1345066.jpg
88KB, 500x500px
Is Nikon actually going to release the D900 this year, or will they settle for overpriced anniversary handbags and straps?
>>
>>3097721
You apparently aren't looking on the internet.

There are a lot of good camera backpacks and bags.
>>
File: cameras.jpg (1MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
cameras.jpg
1MB, 2000x1333px
>>3097723
>>3097738
I'm going to be carrying these because I skateboard, so it'll be generally around the city or skatepark. I'm concerned about space for extra tapes and batteries. I've boiled it down to two lowepro bags, the BP300 and BP150

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T5
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.2
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:06:17 23:42:22
Exposure Time1/15 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length44.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width2000
Image Height1333
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
If i'm going to be in a photoshoot partially and shooting it (with a mask) is it doable with a long enough shutter release cable? I'm sort of doing it on a budget, shooting film so no remote of course.
>>
>>3097674

Tbh, cheap bed sheets may actually be less expensive than fuckhuge rolls of paper. Plus, you can always bleach/wash your linens for years of bright whiteness.

However, just go to any printing store or office supply store and they should have large rolls of paper. Or at least be able to direct you to a place to get them. Even photography stores may help you out.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 251x201px
budget is 2500 debating between (d3s or an xt-2) plus some glass. Ive been shooting a few years as a hobbyist. Mostly do portrait and landscape but now im looking to make a little money on the side. Just not sure what to get.
>>
>>3097944
>old trash and expensive trash
Why not just get the D500?
>>
>>3097944
Why would you pick a D3s for portrait or landscape? The resolution is only barely there for prints, with no room to crop. You could pick up a D800e for chips and be better off since you don't need AF or framerate.
>>
>>3095681

New to portrait photography. I have an a6000 and I'm looking at doing tight headshots outdoors. I'd love a recommendation for a flash and trigger
>>
>>3097946
aww fair enough i dont even know why i wasnt thinking about this i mean id like to avoid a dx sensor due to the compression but i guess im a fucktard since i was thinking xt2 anyways since its aps-c aswell.
>>
File: 1494478206290.jpg (110KB, 1024x669px) Image search: [Google]
1494478206290.jpg
110KB, 1024x669px
>>3097952
wasnt really ever planning on printing anuthing larger than 20x30 but fair point i could also just wait until the d850/820
>>
>>3097952
i think i might go this rought i would like the d500 but want to avoid the crop sensor i suppose
>>
>>3097620
Because it's awful.
>>
>>3097955
Godox v860ii s

Powerful
Built in radio triggers
Easy to use master controller
Rechargeable li-ion batts (700 shots per charge, half the recycle time of eneloops)
Cheap

>>3097956
Decide what you want buddy,
Crop or full frame
Evf or ovf
Value for money or buying new
Is there any specific needs

For me it's a no brainer, I want ff, I want an evf, I want value for money, so a 2nd hand a7ii fits the bill.
>>
>>3097701

I had the 28mm smc takumar and it was pretty. I got it for like $50ish so there's no way you can't have both
>>
>>3097991
Different Anon.
>Godox v860ii s
Will this flash unit be able to TTL connect if I have it off camera, and instead have this
https://www.adorama.com/fplfx600tbs.html
R2 TTL transmitter on camera?
>>
Is it normal for Nikon Manual lenses to have EXIF connection?
Or is it rare?
>>
>>3098044
It's individual to the lens.
>>
>>3098033
This is literally just the X1S remote ~$45 and Wistro AD600(B) ~$600, isn't it? Should have TTL + HSS off-camera.

But why are you getting a Godox rebrand?
>>
>>3098033
>TTL
pleb, use manual or don't even try. TTL is only useful for events, quick shooting. For portraits it is very amateur and skittish. Maybe you just like squinting subjects.
>>
>>3097955
I'm going with the TT685S which is the battery powered version of the V860IIS. Same X1S remote.

It's cheaper per unit and replacement batteries are easier to find. Of course it's also heavier per battery weight unless you use it with an external lithium pack (...which you only can do on the AA battery variant for some reason). But these then actually are somewhat easier to find.

Alternatively, YN660 flash units and YN560-TX, for more power and even cheaper (but manual/no TTL - you'll have to quite actively operate one more thing).
>>
File: 51tojie4cxL.jpg (61KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
51tojie4cxL.jpg
61KB, 500x500px
I want to become a fag and get a fisheye adapter for my action camera.

I've been looking at the lens attachments they have for phones, but they might be too small, resulting in seeing the barrel.

It has to be small though, what are my options? Do they make these kind of attachments for action cameras?

I'm thinking of getting an apexel 8mm and just remove the rear and ghettorig over the camera lens.
>>
>>3098213
> Do they make these kind of attachments for action cameras?
Yea, check on Aliexpress or such.
>>
Should I get a card reader for transferring photos? The WiFi on my a6000 is shit and so is USB mode
>>
>>3098222
I remembered those old shitty adapters you screw onto the filters, I managed to find a good sized one.
And now I'm finding those lenses you have to open the thing up and unscrew the lens.
I'll start with the adapter.
>>
>>3098224
> The WiFi on my a6000 is shit.
Shouldn't really be shit, what kind of speeds are you getting?

> Should I get a card reader for transferring photos?
Sure, why not. It is a way to get access speeds faster than the camera itself supports.
>>
>>3098236
it transfers images fast but it just sits there for like 5 minutes before doing it
>>
>>3096158
Thanks, thought so much.
>>
I want to start doing more portraits, but even on a crop camera I feel like my 50mm is a little wide. Would an 85mm f/1.8 be worth purchasing, or am I better off saving up for a 70-200 that I can also use for sports, etc.?
>>
>>3098264
Something is wrong, it takes less than 15 seconds to get a connection and start transferring here.

Anyhow, I guess the workaround is just downloading off the SD card directly. Can't really go wrong with the $1 [or 4] a Chinese SD->USB[3] stick costs.

If you have a desktop computer with an external 3.5" bay not yet used, you can even get a pretty nice multifunctional front panel with lots of ports and a SD reader.
>>
>>3098274
If you want something multifunctional, get a ~100mm macro (90mm FE, 100mm Canon L or somesuch).

These will do fine for products, macro and portraits (no bokeh whoring though, if that's your thing).
>>
>>3098274
When my 50 prime on my crop doesn't feel right I usually go to my 55-200 and find myself generally around 70-135mm, I'm not exactly sure what your preference is, but anything between those is sure to work out well.
>>
Are most quick release plates universal? I bought one of those MX-1000 tripods from goodwill since I needed one and for a budget tripod it's sturdy enough for my needs with the only downside being a missing release plate. Can't really imagine them being super expensive.
>>
>>3098372
> Are most quick release plates universal?
Except for the most common type of Arca Swiss plates that are something like a standard now that China's tripod manufacturers have decided on using them, everyone has their own system, almost always incompatible.

Manfrotto is the main other option that has a bunch of 3rd party manufacturers, but there are already far less making accessories for that system.
>>
A7 or xt1? If I get the A7 I'll only be able to get the kit lens, if I get the Fuji I would get the 35mm prime. For both I would get an adapter for my MD mount lenses
>>
>>3098664
Save up for an extra month, get the A7 II.
>>
>>3098664

MD mount lenses can be autofocused (not perfectly, but it works pretty damn well) on a7ii w/ the techart pro.

Just throwing that out there.
>>
>>3098697
>>3098709
I don't have a job tho...
W/e it seems like Sony is the way to go since Fuji's platform, although it is good, has some pretty serious drawbacks. I'll give it a month and see if I can get my hands on some extra cash. Thanks
>>
what is a fair price for Mju II in decent condition but broken battery door (latch broke off, but still closes fine with the use of tape)? trying to find out what I should sell mine for, some guy offered me $70 and I feel that is a bit low
>>
>>3098727
>I don't have a job
Maybe you should get one first before investing in a hobby
>>
Whats the best general purpose Nikon crop lens money can buy?
>>
>>3098802
The one that suits your purposes
>>
>>3098804
I got one of these, it is wonderful.
>>
>>3098739
>be a neet, can't afford your hobby
>be a wagie, have no time/energy for your hobby
it's not like you can win here
>>
>>3098802
Sent you a pm :)
>>
$350 for GRII good?
>>
File: .png (374KB, 637x858px) Image search: [Google]
.png
374KB, 637x858px
Also a bunch of AE-1s and lenses. Not even sure what to do with that many bodies. I know people sell AE-1's for $100 just for body and single lens, but I don't feel like reselling for a bit of profit.
>>
>>3098802
Use the best lenses for the situation at hand. For most people that means they need a bunch of lenses.

Sigma's 30mm A is pretty good if you want a ~50mm equivalent lens.
>>
>>3098727
> I don't have a job tho...
Temporarily pick up a job, sell some shit, rent out a room for vacations or just do whatever else you do to get the difference in money in your situation.

> W/e it seems like Sony is the way to go since Fuji's platform, although it is good, has some pretty serious drawbacks.
So does the A7, which is why I suggested going for the A7 II even if it means a delay. But maybe it's still the better option. IDK.
>>
>>3098874
Yes
>>
>>3098879
If you don't want to resell, offer him $50 for the black one or the AE1P + the 50mm 1.8 and the 35mm 2.8 to see if he'll take it. If not, you aren't passing on anything rare or expensive.

The rest of the lenses are trash and not worth it.
>>
I just bought a Sony A68 and 3 minolta lenses (50/1.7, 28/2.8, 70-210/4) for $530 shipped.

How did I do?
>>
>>3098932
Why are you asking after you bought it?
Go out and make photos!
>>
>>3098886
Yeah I checked out the differences between the two and I definitely think it's worth saving up for the II, I may even wait until the III comes out and lowers the price. Thanks for the info
>>
How does /p/ rate my kit:
>Not including flashes
Body
>pen f

14-42 mm f3.5-5.6 Olympus pancake ez
20 mm f1.7 Panasonic pancake
25 mm f1.7 Panasonic
45 mm f1.8 Olympus
60 mm f2.8 Olympus Macro
17.5 mm f0.95 Voigtlander
>>
>>3098957
No problem. Hope you get your price drop and such.

>>3098971
5/10 or so.

It's really not like this is a particularly exciting setup to me, but it's also not utter trash. Just quite okay.
>>
>>3098971
I rate 4/3
>>
My canon ae-1 might be having some problems and my mom offered to help me buy a camera for my birthday (i do work fulltime)

I always wanted a Rolleiflex but realistically I'm going to school soon and won't have the money to put towards buying and developing film. I hate to become a digicuck but it might be time since i'm paying for my own college.

Any recommendations? I like the Ricoh Gr 2 but I'd rather for that money just get a real camera, I do street photography mostly and some photoshoots. I can make something between 500-1000 work.
>>
>>3099060
Pen F + 20 mm F1.7 Panasonic Lens
>>
>>3099060

a7 and Canon FD adapter.

FF sensor and you can use all your old FD lenses.
>>
I got the chance to buy a used Nikon D5500 for $550 after the winning bidder failed to pay for it. It comes with a Nikkor 18-55mm lens and a Tamron 18-200mm lens, as well as a Rode VideoMic Pro microphone. I have till tomorrow morning to take the offer. Should I?

>http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Nikon-D5500-Digital-SLR-Camera-w-Tamron-18-200mm-and-Rhodes-VideoMicro-Mic/232380025056?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055359.m2764.l2649
>>
>>3099120
Doesn't sound like a bad deal if you're not going to get a D7200 or FF Nikon anyhow.
>>
>>3099124
It would be my first DSLR. I would like to use it for shooting video than photos.
>>
>>3099087

does this beat out the Nikon D7200? They're both in the same price range and both seem equally popular. I wouldn't mind checking out either of them.
>>
>>3099137
A7 might have a slight edge over the d7200 in pure image quality, but otherwise, as a complete system the nikon stomps all over the a7.
>>
>>3099137
The sony has an image sensor over twice the size of the nikon, this means far less noise in low light, much more sharpness as it's less demanding on the lenses, more bokeh (depth of field effect) and your fd lenses will all look 'correct', on the 7200 as it has a small sensor you only use the centre portion of the image.

The sony also has an evf, which is much, much better for learning about exposure on as it gives a wysiwyg preview as you change settings, the nikon just has a tiny window that you can't accurately focus lenses faster than f2.8 with.

The nikon may have an advantage in autofocus performance against the mk1 sony a7, but that is the only metric in which it's competitive. You also can't adapt lenses to nikon without a massive hit to image quality, the sony you can mount every lens ever using a $10 adapter.
>>
>>3099189

The Nikon blows the mark 1 a7 out of the water when it comes to autofocus.

But autofocus does not matter since he is going to adapt his old FD lenses. Inf act, it will be much easier to manually focus those lenses with the focus peaking and focus magnifucation in the a7 evf. You'd have to change the focus screen on the 7200 ovf, and that is a pain in the ass.

Speaking of, can the 7200 even adapt FD lenses? Is the flange length short enough?

The a7ii is a different story though. I'd definatelly recommend the a7ii over boththe a7 and the 7200, but it is a little out of jis price range.
>>
File: 1452027206067.png (43KB, 618x737px) Image search: [Google]
1452027206067.png
43KB, 618x737px
>>3097746
I don't know if these would be good backpacks or if there are other (good) choices
b-blease resbond :DD
>>
>>3099130
Wait, more video? Get a Panasonic or Sony MILC.

The mirror is basically useless in a DSLR when shooting video.
>>
File: not-a-failbro.gif (74KB, 500x606px) Image search: [Google]
not-a-failbro.gif
74KB, 500x606px
>>3099197
>BP300
lowebro is good. u just gotta buy something and try it out and see if they fit your workflow :---D
>>
I haven't been looking for gear for many years. Now I need a bag/backpack.

I need something that is sort of a hybrid, it would hold a camera and maybe a lens or two but also serve as a bag for regular things. Not huge things like books, just smaller stuff.

- camera + 70-200
- small lens
- small laptop or big tablet pocket
- battery backup
- pens
- tiny notebooks or novels
-etc

What is the go-to bag these days?
>>
File: IMG_20170621_075426816.jpg (4MB, 5344x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170621_075426816.jpg
4MB, 5344x3006px
So I'm an absolute virgin to photography, but I wanted to see what it was all about, and I picked up this k1000 from an antique shop. how is this for babby's first camera, /p/?

Equipment MakeMotorola
Camera ModelXT1585
Camera Softwarekinzie_verizon-user 7.0 NCKS25.118-10-6 7 release-keys
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Image Created2017:06:21 07:54:26
Exposure Time3333/50000 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating500
Lens Aperturef/2.0
BrightnessUnknown
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeAverage
Focal Length4.67 mm
Image Width5344
Image Height3006
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationLow
SharpnessSoft
Geodetic Survey DataWGS-84
>>
>>3099298
There is no go-to bag. People pick different bags.

I suggest looking at the various Chinese backpacks (Caden, Lowepro, Nat.Geo ...) as well as the current Lowepro if you want a bag that is half camera equipment, half everyday needs. Maybe even just some insert you can throw into an existing backpack (a bit less accessible, but if you only need to keep one camera and lens safe until you use it, it will do).

If these don't seem good to you, proceed to look on Amazon or B&H for the popular, pricier non-Chinese backpacks.

>>3099304
Starting with film is expensive. Film in general is expensive if photography is your hobby - you very quickly surpass the cost of owning even an actually very good digital camera.

If you are under the impression that you might like photography, get a good digital camera ASAP to reduce costs and increase productivity.
>>
>>3099314
thanks, anon, I'll take it under consideration.
>>
>>3099298
It's probably a little big for your needs but I've been using a black 3 day assault bag for the last year and it's worked well for city/gym/event use, and when I actually leave the city for landscapes I strap my tripod and slider onto it and it works great.

It has a laptop compartment that I never use and feels pretty good.
>>
>>3099327
Definitely too big, but they are good bags.
>>
What would you guys say are the must have cheap beginner lenses for a mirrorless dslr used for film making?

Got a canon fd 1.4 50mm which is nice but i'm looking for something that isn't manual. Any suggestions for a pancake or wide angle?
>>
>>3099330
Samyang is a good choice for cheap lenses.

There isn't really anything like "beginner" lenses though buying the very best lenses surely might make a beginner's life easier.

> but i'm looking for something that isn't manual
If you film video, you generally use manual focus, and with the cameras that don't have actually powerful AF in video mode it's basically just always the better option.

What camera are you even using?
>>
>>3098886
The nice thing about the a7, being the most affordable ff camera on the market and one that a lot of people upgraded to the mkii from, it has pretty much bottomed out in price and so if you buy it today and sell it in a year, i don't expect you to lose more than about $50.
>>
>>3095681
panasonic lumix g 20mm f1.7 II still worth £200?
>>
So, with a7 III around the corner, when would be the best time to buy mk.2? Any way to assess the price drop?

Just don't "never" on me, /p/!
>>
>>3099424
> when would be the best time to buy mk.2?
I am going to guess it'll be dirt cheap in about 20 years at most.

Technology should have progressed so much that almost no one wants to use one of these then.

> Any way to assess the price drop?
You might as well trade stocks and finance the A7 III with your successful trades.
>>
>>3099424
The best time to buy an a7ii is when you need it.
>>
So I'll probably be getting a sony a7 before I leave for florence for school in the fall thanks to some kind fellows here.

I'd like to replace my canon as well though since i have $300 of film sitting around here, a side camera to shoot much more conservatively with.

>Which canon 35mm should i go for? The F-1 or the A-1?

If i wasn't going to school at all and still working fulltime i'd just get a rolleiflex instead and call it a day but need to adjust for the next year or 2.
>>
>>3099732
The canon p is obviously the best one.
>>
>>3099741

Interesting I never hear about it, is it really that much bettter? It looks solid, can it use my other canon lenses, since it seems to use leica lenses as well.
>>
>>3099749
It can't use FD lenses. It's a rangefinder, so it can use Leica thread mount lenses, and Canon made a number of their own lenses in that mount that are quite good.

I wouldn't say it's better, just different. An SLR might suit your needs better, but there's not much wrong with a good Canon P.
>>
>>3099732
the f1 is easier to use, the a1 is too fiddly

maybe the t90 if you want some automation
>>
>>3099613
By then, I have to know it.
>>
reminder that if you're buying an APS-C DSLR and it's not a Pentax, then you're a gigantic retard
>>
>>3099915

i think you've convinced me, what do you think about this one? It looks the best on ebay, there's a lot of body only for $100 less but many have problems.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-P-35mm-Rangefinder-Camera-with-50mm-f-1-8-Lens-Ready-to-Use-/322541252420?hash=item4b18f4ef44:g:8KYAAOSww9xZMoT4
>>
>>3100119
Why, because the extra 20% spent on Canikon means you can't buy more tendies? Because you didn't want access to a large, plentiful, modern library of lenses to put on state of the art bodies that have autofocus that doesn't shit the bed at the sight of moving objects?

>why did I reply to a shitpost with another shitpost
>>
>>3100168
If you shoot action, then Pentax AF isn't ideal.

But for portraiture, street, landscape, anything not moving (xD) then Pentax is superior.

Also their bodies are more durable, and the camera has more features than 1.5k Canikon stuff.
>>
guys....... do I buy a 1DX?

I shoot mainly concerts so speed is my #1 caveat

I have a 5DM2 and was gonna upgrade to a 3 but I'm thinking that spending the extra cash for a 1DX may be a better investment.

they're literally only $2000-2500 now

I will get a rebel strap for it
>>
>>3100289
Sounds like a reasonable enough purchase.
>>
File: 1554_D7200_front.png (553KB, 700x595px) Image search: [Google]
1554_D7200_front.png
553KB, 700x595px
Thinking about getting a nikon d7200 as my first camera, is it worth, or do you guys think any other camera would be good. Kinda new to all this
>>
>>3100364
It's a good camera.

> do you guys think any other camera would be good
I myself prefer the Sony A6x00 or A7 II for their prime lenses, size/weight and functionality.

Pentax's cameras or a Canon 77D/80D also should be worth a look.
>>
>>3100364
It's not a good camera.
>>
File: ProShot_20170623_190452.jpg (291KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ProShot_20170623_190452.jpg
291KB, 900x1200px
>>3100289
i did exactly this, but 5 years ago when the 1dx was still $8k new.
not one regret.

Equipment MakeMotorola
Camera ModelMoto G 2014
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Image Width1944
Image Height2592
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2017:06:23 19:08:03
Exposure Time3293/100000 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/2.0
BrightnessUnknown
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeAverage
Focal Length3.54 mm
Image Width900
Image Height1200
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessSoft
Geodetic Survey DataWGS-84
>>
>>3100378

Seconding a7ii, love that little thing.

35mm f/2.8 Zeiss and 24-70mm f/4 Zeiss are my favorite two lenses for it.
>>
My lens cover doesn't open smoothly. should I go back to the store with this?

https://youtu.be/QFAIgUaBhzI

or would you not worry, since it's still sort of working
>>
Hi friends I'm looking for something to make vids with and to take overseas.

Maybe do some action videos too. Any suggestions?
>>
>>3100404
I don't think I'd worry.

>>3100411
Rx100 V perhaps?
>>
what's the thinkpad of 35mm film point and shoots?
Something small, cheap ish (up to £300~), wont break, retro aesthetic and 'just werks'?
>>
>>3100430
>what's the thinkpad of overpriced cheap plastic cameras
>>
>>3100424
I just handed it over to the store anyway. It's only 2 weeks old so I figured it's probably better to get it fixed now before it completely fucks up and canon claims it's my fault.

I think I have bad luck with canon. I had a video camera that suddenly just didn't want to recognise SD cards after a week, and before that I had another video camera that had dust inside which would show up in certain conditions (that one was a refurbished model though).

And yet I keep buying canon for some reason. The camcorder with the broken sd card reader was fine after the repair, so maybe it's just good products with bad QC.
>>
>>3100430

RX100 series
>>
>>3100430
dont waste film on point and shoots.
>>
>>3100448
ok what's a good digital then
I just want something I can keep in my pocket that's better than my iphone 4
>>
>>3100450
Ricoh ii
>>
I felt like I made the wrong decision with going for for Sony 35mm f/1.8
Should have just been a man and saved up for the Zeiss Sonnar T E 24mm F1.8
I mean it's my first 'decent' camera and lens coming from some cheap Nikon digital, feels like it'll be a good introduction to digital photography

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D800E
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.5.1 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.9
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern818
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)105 mm
Image Created2016:06:06 17:09:52
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length105.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3100485

35mm is my favorite focal length on my full frame, so maybe the 24mm(which would be 35mm equiv) would have been more flexible.

But a solid 50mm (or equivalent) is always awesome. The Sony 35mm isn't quite as sharp as the Sigmas, but it pretty damn close and it has OSS.

The a6k series are pretty awesome cameras though, have fun shooting, anon.
>>
>>3100438
Sure, probably not a wrong idea either.

I've also had bad luck with a Canon printer, but as far as I'm aware if you buy a decent IL Canon camera, their QC is usually good. (Not that I do buy these now.)

>>3100485
You could still get it. Or augment your current lens with the cheap Sigma 19mm f/2.8 and 12mm Samyang - it's not like the 35mm f/1.8 is an useless lens.
>>
>>3100450
RX100 III-V. If you actually use your camera, any of these is cheaper than film.
>>
>>3100450
Get a Ricoh GR mk(whatever number). Has an APSC sensor which is better than any other point and shoot. 1 inch sensors suck. If you REALLY NEED portability then sure, get one, but it's not as important as you think. You may be better off buying a DSLR, they're better quality. If you can get both (or already have a DSLR), I suggest that.
>>
>>3100549
>1 inch sensors suck.
The newer Sony RX100 (III or later, IIRC) 1" sensors are better than the APS-C one on the Ricoh GR though.
>>
>>3100551
The newer RX100's also have a faster lens: f/1.8-f/2.8 vs f/2.8 with the Ricoh.

This compensates for the bigger crop factor when shooting at the widest setting.
>>
>>3100549
I have a dslr already but it's not really portable to be honest, I don't need something EXACTLY pocket sized but if i'm going out with friends I don't want to carry around my dslr out of fear it'll break due me being a twat and lenses and so on are dumb to bring out on a night out for many a reason

I'll look
>>
>>3100549
>>3100551
more expensive than a GR, too, and you still have to hold them with your fingertips
>>
>>3100161
Looks good. You might be able to find a little bit of a better deal if you wait on it but thats pretty close to the average price on one with a light meter and the 50mm f1.8 lens.
>>
>>3100161
hash=item4b18f4ef44:g:8KYAAOSww9xZMoT4
$199 is too much for a P. You should be able to get a nice one for $120-130. Find one without the meter - those selenium things are usually dead or dying. Use a light meter app or learn sunny 16.

Check out the seller sonyeric01c. Their descriptions and photos are thorough and they include a photo taken through the viewfinder to show the condition of the rangefinder patch.
>>
>>3100161
Derp, I missed that it had the 50mm. That's a fine price.
>>
>>3100775
>>3100773
>>3100763

ya just bought it thanks lads. It actually looks like a good camera which surprised me, and not gimmicky like i sort of expected. Look forward to taking it with me to europe.
>>
>>3100799
Yeah >>3100773 is correct. The light meter will be useless but it ups your hipster cred which is already pretty high with a canon m39 mount rangefinder. Have fun senpai its a nice camera to use!
>>
>>3100799
Yeah, it's really solid, almost humble, and a great value compared to Leica/Bessa bodies
>>
>>3100602
> more expensive than a GR, too
Certainly. The IV and V aren't even really all that comparable to a GR anymore, they're so much better overall. But they also cost a good bit more.

> you still have to hold them with your fingertips
Even if it's not a full claw grip, normal people still mostly hold it between fingers, not just with their fingertips.
>>
>>3100380
>>3100297
ah, I think I'm gonna

gotta start selling my shit

and lifting more weights
>>
File: DDC0UJHWAAQOpKv.jpg large.jpg (243KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
DDC0UJHWAAQOpKv.jpg large.jpg
243KB, 2048x1152px
>Buy Mirrorless they said
>Small form factor they said
>>
File: QX1-leitz.jpg (74KB, 700x354px) Image search: [Google]
QX1-leitz.jpg
74KB, 700x354px
>>3100877
>"poketable"
>>
File: DCys50LXYAAL31X.jpg large.jpg (213KB, 1050x890px) Image search: [Google]
DCys50LXYAAL31X.jpg large.jpg
213KB, 1050x890px
>>3100879
Can I get an id on that stock it makes the picture for me
>>
>>3100881

It is from Yodobashi's review of the QX1. They didn't specify.

Here is the link though.
>http://photo.yodobashi.com/sony/camera/qx1/
>>
>>3100882
I thought I was being so funni but those fucking japs play for keeps.
>>
File: 71H9XbRZmlL._SY355_.jpg (28KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
71H9XbRZmlL._SY355_.jpg
28KB, 355x355px
Currently using a t3i. My first DSLR.

I have a 30mm 1.4 lens, a 50mm 1.8 lens, and the stock lens.

Should I get a Canon 5D Mk i? For the full frame?
>>
>>3100877
>manual focusing a 300mm AF lens
Absolute madman
>>3101151
Full frame is a meme, and current Canon APS-C/24MP Sony sensors BTFO first gen full frame (5D, matching 5DII and D700).
>>
>>3101151
>Should I get a Canon 5D Mk i? For the full frame?
Some crappy dinosaur of a camera?

No, you get the 5D IV if you want full frame, or something else that is modern. And good glass. Yes, it's priced like it is because they know you parting with that money is worthwhile.
>>
New to photograph whats a good all around camera i can fuck with to help me determine what kinda stuff i might like to take pics of.
>>
>>3101151

yes when you get tired of your plastic camera with one control dial and a tiny micro penis buffer upgrade to another gimped piece of canon trash.
>>
File: beercan.jpg (913KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
beercan.jpg
913KB, 1920x1280px
Check it out, boys. I got a beercan.
>>
>>3101353
Niiiiiice. What are you mounting it on?
>>
http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/samyang_af_35mm_f2_8_fe_review/

this kills the zeiss
>>
File: maxxum28.jpg (811KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
maxxum28.jpg
811KB, 1920x1280px
>>3101354
An A68, which should be here Monday. It has been so long since I've done /p/, I can't wait to put this minolta glass to use.

I will not be sad to say goodbye to this T2i I'm currently using.
>>
>>3101358
I already knew I wanted it, but I wonder if it'll be available at a sane price with all these good reviews. Fuck.
>>
>>3101335
> a good all around camera
Sony A7 II, Nikon D750, Pentax K-1... some such perhaps? Arguably if you're poorer, you'll probably prefer the A6000 or another cheaper APS-C. Or even just play around with your current smartphone.

It's a YMMV situation.
>>
>>3101353
>>3101359

Dope lenses! A mount doesn't get enough love for how awesome the lenses are.
>>
>>3101418
I spent a month poring over camera after camera trying to figure out what was the best option. I just kept coming back to the photos I took 7 years ago with my minolta 50mm 1.7. I had to come back to the A-mount.

I mean, heck, I got the beercan + 50mm 1.7 + 28mm 2.8 for $170 shipped. That's unreal.
>>
>>3101444

Also take a look at the 28-135, it is the perfect fullframe travel zoom.

I prefer the 50mm f 1.4 btw.
>>
New Thread

>>3101488
>>3101488
>>3101488
>>
>>3096569
Panasonic, bruh
>>
>>3095681

How do I purchase a Voigtlander Bessa R3M from bhphotovideo?

I stay in India and this model does not ship anywhere outside the U.S. How do I get one if I do not have any friends or contacts in the U.S.?
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.