[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 62

File: 1500993526382.jpg (91KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500993526382.jpg
91KB, 600x600px
#180-"What Can Brown™ Do For You?" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>1064654

Around these parts we wait for the bump limit

Thinking about picking up a new hobby? Want to get a memecaster? Haven't mastered the Palomar knot? Click here!
http://www.pastebin.com/u/fishingandtackle
https://imgur.com/a/1Xw3N

Talk about fishin
>>
>>1067965
>thots
>>
File: IMG_8171.jpg (280KB, 703x905px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8171.jpg
280KB, 703x905px
>>1067977
>stop making fishing look fun and normal!
>I want it to be my own autistic secret club!
>NO WIMMINZ ALLOWED! REEE!!!
>>
File: IMG_1307.jpg (68KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1307.jpg
68KB, 800x600px
>>1067986
Anime will be the next OP. No furfaggotry tho. When people tried to post that shit before, somebody kept reporting it. They even reported the weresalmon
>>
>>1068014
>Anime will be the next OP
No
>>
>seeing a person with an animal head is enough to send someone into a fit of rage and start reporting a thread
>>
File: IMG_1263.jpg (113KB, 518x740px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1263.jpg
113KB, 518x740px
>>1068019
I say we just do it once every 100 threads so they feel like they won and won't keep posting new threads before the bump limit with fat old men in the OP pic.
>>
>you'll never put your benis in her tits
cut my life in pieces

>>1068014
>Anime
jebus christ lad leva that shit to /r9k/, /out/ is a well adjusted board
>>
File: IMG_8174.jpg (125KB, 600x709px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8174.jpg
125KB, 600x709px
>>1068014
Then there's only one thing left to use as the OPic.
>>
What have you guys been watching lately? I sprained my ankle 2 days ago and cant go outside. I've been watching a lot of japanese fishing channels. Did you know shimano has a fishing show in japan?
https://youtu.be/A_hIjOPXsoY
>>
>>1068043
what other stuff have you been watching? most of the big youtubers are pretty much life vloggers so its lame

been watching some guy with over $2k in fishing gear and its infuriating for more than a few reasons. i cant stop watching though
>>
>>1068045
I've been watching this australlian channel Andy's fishing really good stuff. Makes me want to do a trip outside of the USA for fishing. Extremephilly fishing is good for the microfishing he does.
>>
I know everybody hates eating carp but why? Is it really as bad as people say it is?
>>
>>1068064
They're fine to eat if you take them from clean, clear water. Avoid eating the murky, polluted water carp.
>>
Repostan' the fishing line polls so I hopefully get more than 4 responses each.

>mono, fluoro, braid, or copolymer?
http://www.strawpoll.me/13526264
>which mono line do you like best?
http://www.strawpoll.me/13526257
>>
>>1068019
You're on the wrong website, friend.
>>
>Carrot Stix Gen X Elite
>13 Fishing Concept Z
>Sufix Florescent Neon Fire

Who else will be running this when the Concept Z drops?
>>
>>1068113
I'm putting black braid on mine when I get it. Don't know what kind of rod, but probably something for saltwater.
>>
>>1068130
Should I use 15 or 20lb braid for general inshore fishing?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170725-153150.png (683KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170725-153150.png
683KB, 1080x1920px
A lady is selling these two kayaks for $500 as a pair. Is this a good beginner kayak set for my gf and I?
>>
>>1068139
Yes

>>1068140
It's a little short for my preference. It'll be pretty maneuverable at the cost of speed and tracking, and odds are you couldn't stand and fish from it. It also looks to be pretty feature-bare while still weighing a lot for what it is.

I prefer sit-on-top kayaks for fishing, they're generally more stable (mainly due to being wider) and it's harder to lose shit in the cockpit (you will invariably drop something and it'll roll into the bow or stern, can't do that with a sit-on).
>>
>>1068113
>Castaway Skellington V2 7'6" medium
>Concept Z
>Gliss Monotex 15lb
>>
>be me
>want to harass some bluegill
>get all my shit together
>except i cant find my fly box
>still looking for it
>sun is fading
>>
>>1068043

I watch the Key West Kayaker. His preferred way of fishing is similar to mine, plus he does a lot of cooking guides, so I'm learning new ways to fix fish other than frying/grilling/baking.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1068139
I'm not the best person to ask, but I use 20 on my spinning rods.

>>1068152
Good rod choice my friend
>>
>>1068139

15lbs if your using shrimp/squid/lures and/or consider max casting distance to trump anything else.

20lbs if you're using live or cut baitfish and/or fishing from a pier without a pier net.
>>
>>1068173
I was hoping to wade, so I'll opt for 15lb then.
>>
>>1068140

Unless either you or your GF are 200+ lbs, you should be good. Always look at weight capacity for your first kayak. It determines so much about whether or not you'll have a decent time or a bad time.

It's a good starter, as I don't really expect anyone getting into kayak fishing for their first time to drop several k's on something they might not even like.
>>
>>1068170
I like his scavenger soup recipe. His videos are a reason why I want to fish the keys on a kayak
>>
>>1068176
My gf is 110lbs and I'm about 260lbs and 6ft4 so is that kayak too small? The Weight capacity is 275
>>
>>1068222
Your gf will be fine

YOU, otoh, will want a bigger boat.
15lbs of extra weight is nothing. That's like your clothes and shoes, your paddle, an anchor and rope.
>>
>>1068222

Your gf can get any cheapo 10ft kayak and be good.

You, however, are a member of the big boys kayak club which means you'll be spending at least 400+ for a kayak at least 12+ feet long from a reputable manufacturer like Ascend, Perception, or Jackson.
>>
Is there any borderline 100% way to prevent "trash" fish from picking your bait? I'm so tired of having hardheads and croaker taking my bait. The big momma cats are fun to fight but that's about it. It's like for every decent trout or red I catch I first have to catch at least 5 cats and 5 croaker.

I usually throw out a live croaker on another rod and rig a bunch of different ways but other fish are just picking him clean.
>>
>>1068050
thanks for the tips on the channels m8
>>
>>1068064
in the midwest we fucking love carp
>>
>>1068252
>don't fish on the bottom
That will eliminate about 80% of hardhead/gafftop bites and 99% of croaker bites. Trout feed throughout the water column, I dunno on reds.
>big momma cats
Biggest hardhead I've ever caught was like 2lbs, biggest gafftop was like 2.5lbs. ANd I've caught probably a thousand combined.
>>
First time a fish broke my line today. Ive gotten plenty of pickerel before hand on the same rig, but I guess this possible musky had bit down the offset hook far enough to the line.

Some guy fishing the spillway of the canal had a great smallie too. Fishing nightcrawlers on a drop shot rig right beneath the turbulent spillway. I asked him how he landed it since the walls of the canal are about 10 feet high, and he had this basket looking net with a rope.
>>
>>1068172
Storm 360 searchbait? Do you like those?
>>
>>1068252
>Is there any borderline 100% way to prevent "trash" fish from picking your bait?

No.

Live baitfish, really large live shrimp, large live crab, and lures (not involving gulp) all live lined, fished nearer the surface or suspended off the bottom will reduce it, however. Your bait has got to be too big for them to fit in their mouths, too lively for them to able to nibble it to pieces, and too mobile for them to have much time to work it over.

I'd say that tracking slicks, tails, and sight fishing is a very effective means of only getting the fish you want.

You also have to be willing to move. These fish travel in large schools so if you catch one, chances are that there are a dozen more in the general area.

>>1068263

2-3 lbs is about average for gaffftop. 5-7 pounds is a nice one. 8+ is a really nice one. Record is like 14 lbs.

I caught a 5 lbs once and I don't fish saltwater more than a dozen times a year.
>>
>>1068263
>That will eliminate about 80% of hardhead/gafftop bites and 99% of croaker bites. Trout feed throughout the water column, I dunno on reds.

I catch hardheads and croaker on popping corks all the time. Usually when using gulp, cut bait, or shrimp.

Reds feed wherever. Sometimes they're at the top, sometimes deeper down, and sometimes feeding on the bottom.
>>
>>1068276
Eh. The action is really subtle. I want to try a larger size and see how I like those.
>>
>>1068140
how did you get a gf?
>>
dumb question, i know about mono backing for baitcaster when spooling braid but do i need the same for a spinning reel?
>>
>>1068310
yeah. or in either scenario you can just put some electrical tape on the spool
>>
Question that doesnt deserve its own thread.
Not related to fishing so much but why is lunkersTV so excited to trap raccoons to protect the pet bass when there'd just be more raccoons roaming around in the future?
>>
>>1068313
What does the electrical tape do? Wouldn't it make it more slick?
>>
>>1068317
he can just get a indoor tank and put him in there. dudes all about clickbaity shit nowadays anyway. also im pretty sure hes on meth or coke
>>1068322
braid will dig into the tape
>>
File: 1491777081387.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
1491777081387.gif
2MB, 270x188px
Someone explain just how important drag is to me.
I'll watch one dude fish and he'll flip/pitch with a reel that has 20lbs or more of drag, and be like you NEED this. Then I'll watch someone like LFG who's a Shimano shill and flip and pitches no problem with 12lbs of drag.
>>
>>1068113
Are concept z reels dunkable? I do a lot of wet wading/ kayak fishing in saltwater.I'll probably put it on a st croix mojo inshore or a carrot
>>
Are cork grips a meme?
>>
>>1068370
All signs point to yes.
Though having a cork grip handle on a rod supposedly transfers vibration better than EVA.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170725-215559.png (248KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170725-215559.png
248KB, 1080x1920px
Fuck the kayak my ass is too big, what do you guys think of this canoe? It's capacity is 800lbs, and the seats are ice chests. You can also mount a little motor in the back. Are canoes stable enough to fish in?
>>
>>1068376
Yes people fish in canoes before. Heck even a inflatable tubes you could fish from.
>>
>>1068376
Yes, that should be good for 2 people fishing
>>
>>1068360
Drag is pretty important for catching bigger fish, but casting? No. Casting involves disconnecting the drag when you put the reel into free spool.

What you're probably thinking of are the magnetic and centrifugal spool brakes. Those are pretty important, especially if you don't know how to use your thumb on the spool to stop it (it's not hard, but beginners don't as a rule). When pitching you want to stop the spool just before the lure hits the water for minimal splash, and heavily braked spools prevent the backlashes that are the bane of beginning memecaster users.
The shows that are intended to be more instructional will often have the spool brakes set heavier than other shows that are more about a pro fisherman showing off. As a rule when teaching someone, more spool braking is always better than less, as getting a huge bird's nest from a spool that's too loose is a worse problem to solve than not casting that far due to too much braking, and you can't be sure that a beginner knows how to set up his reel properly.
With a pro, they know how to set up their reels, so they can adjust their own rigs for maximum distance.

>>1068370
More like a solution to a problem that most people don't have. How often do you REALLY have your reel handles slip out of your fingers when cranking?
If you have arthritis in your hands but don't want to give up fishing they're great. If you don't, it's just extra money spent for no great benefit.
>>
>>1068481
I get and understand all of that, what I was trying to get at was guys like LFG are able to winch these fish out of cover with nearly half the drag. So should I not bother since it can be done, or should I get something with high drag in the of chance I hook an 8 pounder?
>>
If I want a fish, what prevents myself and a friend from going down to the river, unraveling a net, standing on the sides of the river, and catching a fish in a few fucking seconds instead of spending two hours there?
>>
>>1068504
>I'm a cunt
>what's preventing me from being a cunt?
Apparently nothing.
>>
>>1068504
Check your state and local laws on cast netting.
>>
>>1068500
Get whichever reel you like best. If your drag is slipping when you're pulling a fish out of cover just use your thumb to stop the spool and use your rod to pull it out.
>>
>>1068310

Mono backing on a spinning reel can help you get more effective line in the reel, as many spinning reels (especially high capacity ones) can hold more than 100 to 150 yards of lower diameter braid.

It also helps the slicker braided line on the reel not to spin freely on the spool, which can happen when you get a lot of pressure on it sometimes. With mono backing, the braid digs into it.
>>
>>1068376

Canoes are perfectly fine for fishing.

Kayaks are just more popular for fishing because no major manufacturer markets one man canoes with anchor trolleys, built in rod holders, and accessory mounts.
>>
>>1068504

Many states prevent you from legally taking game fish via a cast net, seine, or any means other than a hook that catches the fish in the mouth (so no snagging either).

I accidentally catch bass, crappie, catfish, sheepshead, etc when going after bait with my cast net. Gotta throw them back.

Not that it's easier than catching them with a hook.
>>
>>1068376
Yes they are, especially the ones made for fishing. They tend to be wider and more stable. I have an old 16-foot Coleman, and I've taken my GF out fishing with no problems.
As for that size this will sound strange, but unless you want to go out fishing with two buddies a lot, I'd get a slightly smaller canoe.
Canoes are a balance-they get more stable the more weight they have in them, and are at their best when closest to their rated capacity. Too much lower than that and they're not as stable.
With me and my girl (I'm about your size), plus anchor, rope, PFDs, rods and tackle, a full cooler, paddles, battery and trolling motor (public water near me doesn't allow gas motors), we've got a comfortable day fishing and we're close enough to my own canoe's 660lb weight limit to be really stable, without larding it up with shit we don't need.
>>
>>1068504
>inshore netting on a large scale
State and local laws frown upon netting for fish above a certain size without a permit. Fines and/or jail time are the usual penalties, depending on the severity of your particular crime.
Also, if I see someone like you doing what you say you're going to do, I'll report you to the authorities myself.
Large scale netting fucks up the whole ecosystem.
>>
>>1068500
Drag has nothing to do with how you RETRIEVE the fish. That's dependent on the strength of your line.
Drag is all about how much tension has to be put onto your line before your reel starts paying out in order to either keep the line from breaking or the lure from ripping out of the fish's jaw when using a really heavy braid.
>>
Anyone else here getting fishing social anxiety?

>At lake this morning on kayak. >
Always row away from others so they don't talk. >Some guy keeps coming my way, even though I'm looking to the opposite side.
>Gets right beside me and I don't make eye contact
>Talks anyways "You doing any good?"
>"Nah"
>Stop reeling, even get a bite but I don't jerk because I don't want him to see me try and catch a fish
>Just set there awkwardly while he fishes and talks 10 minutes and paddles off
>>
>>1068577
>Anyone else here getting fishing social anxiety?

No. I love talking to other people when I fish. I don't really seek them out, but if I walk/row past someone, I tend to ask how the fishing is and share any information I have before moving on.

Part of why I enjoy pier fishing.
>>
>>1068504
I saw some Mexicans doing that once I my local river
Not only did they each receive a 00$ fine for netting a few hundred for not having licenses they also received $100 extra for each undersize fish or fish over the limit they had in their possession which happened to be 21 so $2100 extra
I believe 4 of them got hit with $600 of fees and one got hit with the whole $2700 of tickets
>>
>>1068587
Beautiful
>>
>>1068589
For my job I work with the conservation officers and I know the one who patrols my area, have his direct line
They like me very much over there as they get to hand out lots of tickets on my behalf
>>
>>1068596
You are doing God's work, Anon.
>>
I currently only have a 6'6" medium fast spinning rod. If I want more technique specific rods, what could this be used for?
>>
>>1068602

General purpose. Anything longer/shorter and more/less sensitive would be geared for something else.
>>
>>1068610
Ah so like if I had a bunch of rods tied up and there was something I wanted to go back and forth between (say, a T-rig lizard and a T-rig senko) I'd have it as a backup?
>>
>>1068602
That could be a drop shot and wacky rig rod.
If you want another jack of all trades get yourself a 7' MH memecaster rod.
That'll cover spinnerbaits, Texas rigs, jigs, and some bigger square bills like a 1.5 and 2.5
>>
File: IMAG0128.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0128.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
What might be a good rod length/action. For throwing strictly for blueglue/panfish? I want to be able to throw light weighted baits over the grass line an actually land in the deeper water. The glass lines here are insane. Like 20 feet out.. I do know the fish hang along the line. But they sit deep and I need enough reel in too taught up the line and make the bait presents itself.
>>
>>1068644
Holy fuck. I fixed glass to grass and it still typed glass...
>>
>>1068644
Get a 7' to 9' ultralight spinning rod with a size 1000 reel and 10lb braid.
>>
>>1068648
Why braid on spinning? And why spinning over baitcaster? All my rods are spinning now. I just want to know. Because from my understanding throwing braid on a baitcaster is better for going the distance.
>>
>>1068651
It's a simple fact spinning does better at throwing 1/32 and 1/16 jigs far, and 10lb braid casts fine on spinning, is as thick as 4lb mono/flouro so it'll hold up in brush.
You can do what ever you want though
>>
File: IMG_5229.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5229.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1068651
Throwing braid on anything will give you more strength with lighter line. 10lb braid on lighter combos is nice because even if you're panfishing, you can still land that random 4lb bass that hits the tiny lure and runs you into the weeds.

>tfw couldn't deliver to Dick's without spending a couple $$$

These Fusion hooks aren't bad. They are pretty cheap but feel like they are on par with Gamakatsu. Bought those Keitechs over the weekend and then realized all my weighted swimbait hooks were like 5/0-6/0 which is good for Super Flukes and Gamblers but too big for those little things.
>>
File: IMAG0123.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0123.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
>>1068652
Just wondering really. I'm in the doctors office waiting for the doc. And it's near by a academy.. And I'm headed there next.

And what does the light weight long rod do? Besides casting distance started at 8 feet Vs shorter.
>>
>>1068654
The lighter rod can load a small lure more and if you're going after panfish is all you actually need.
>>
>>1068654
Longer rods will normally cast a little better as long as you get used to them. It really depends where you're fishing too. If you are on the shore and need to get out deep, then try a longer rod.

But the rod weight and action needs to match the lure weight to get the best cast. If you try and cast a 1oz jig on a light rod rated for <1/4oz, the thing will buckle and won't cast for shit. And if you try to cast a 1/8oz bait on a MH rod rated for 1/2oz+, you won't get that sling shot effect.

But if you get braid, remember diameter isn't everything. If you are running 10lb mono, you can look at PowerPro and it will say 30lb PP is the same diameter as 10lb mono and think it's a good substitute. But if you run the 30lb, it will cast a little worse than the 10lb mono since it isn't as smooth. Plus it is overkill.

If you swap the 10lb mono for 15lb or 20lb braid, you will get much more strength and the line will be lighter and thinner so you can get more line on the reel and will be able to cast a bit farther.
>>
>>1068654
Getting that VD cleared up?
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 209x200px
>own thousands of dollars worth of tackle
>spends tons of time fishing
>only catches quarter pound chodes

How is this possible Pepsi? Are you just going to really bad spots?
>>
>>1068667
He lives like an hour from the nearest bass spot, and it's full of dinks.
He does it to himself.
>>
>>1068661
Kek. No gastroenterologist doc. Headed to acad.
>>
File: IMG_9400.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9400.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1068602
That's a good all around rod.

For lake fisherman from shore who are just getting started, I always reccommend something like that to start. 6'6" M with fast action will do almost everything for bass. 2nd rod, a UL with 4lb mono so you can go for panfish or smaller bass. 3rd rod- MH ~7' spinning rod with 12lb-14lb mono for carp, catfish, or heavy bass baits.

Then if you are mostly bass fishing, find out your preferences and go from there. Faster rods with braid are kinda nice for Texas rigs or other shit where you really want to feel what the bait is doing. I think my Fenwick Eagle is Med-Fast and that's probably the "slowest" rod. I don't really see a purpose for that aside from sometimes it gives spinners less jerky presentation when you are retrieving them. But if you have a M 6'6" Fast and a M 7'0" Fast rod, they will be really similar and can run almost any bass bait and that way you can swap between lures really fast without retying. The bigger difference is probably the line you run because you can have flouro on one and run lures deeper.

>>1068668
I mean that place is like 10min-15min down the road. I thought about getting to the intercoastal a bit more since it's summer, but I'm just too lazy.
>>
>>1068671
It's snook heaven on the beaches of Florida now. Maybe try that?
>>
>>1068668
This is masochism
>>
File: 1501096483646.jpg (264KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1501096483646.jpg
264KB, 640x1136px
>>1068673
>>1068678
>>
>>1068681
>being proud of this
I'd love to catch snook
>>
>>1068681
All memes aside, why haven't you at least tried to catch a snook? From the YouTube videos I've seen they look like really fun fish to catch.
>>
>>1068706
I have fucked around on the intercoastal a little bit. But I hate soaking bait, I never catch anything worthwhile on lures, and I can't stand the piers or inlet because they are way too crowded.
>>
>>1068706
Something about not know how to fish saltwater or the fear of seeing minorities even though he is one.
>>
>>1068708
Pro tip: there's a metric shit ton of snook on the beaches right now since they're breeding. Find a random beach, start tossing any lure in white from the shore and you're bound to hook into one. White x-raps and zoom flukes work really good.

>I don't like soaking bait

You're not supposed to just soak bait and stand there. Put the rod in a sand spike holder, loosen the drag and start working lures with another rod. Run back to it when you get hit.
>>
>>1068708
What you need to do is go wade fishing in the Indian River lagoon. It's cozy as fuck and there's plenty of redfish, speckled trout and snook.
>>
>>1068667
That furry is so god damn cute I want to kiss it
>>
>>1068727
kiss me
>>
How often do you guys use leaders? Specifically on casting reels. Not sure if I should run braid mainline with fluoro/mono leaders, or just use the fluoro/mono as mainline
>>
>>1068737
seldom
>>
>>1068727
>wanting to kiss a furry
>not puckering up for skid
shame
shame
shame
>>
>>1068737
Just the flouro for rigs. It's just a waste of time if you're going for bass
>>
>>1068737
Never for freshwater casting stuff
>>
>>1067986
its a shop dude relax. look at the left arm hair and the boundaries between the fish and water.
>>
>>1068737
Almost aways but I fish for things that are toothy.
>>
>>1068670
>Butt doctor
Oh this is funnier than VD, you have lube and hand size jokes. I will just go with my old stand by...

Try not to sneeze.
>>
>>1068681
Those are street names right? That can not just be a giant cluster fuck of cities.
>>
>>1068743
Were you fly fishing at approximately 4:30?
>>
>>1068577
I have a big mouth and it pisses off my brother, if someone comes talk to us I will tell them everything I know about catching the fish we caught.
>>
>>1068769
Nope I'm at work. You in DFW?
>>
>>1068681
Aren't there a couple of piers near you you could try there.
>>
>>1068783
Yeah
Saw a skinny guy with longish blonde hair fly fishing a creek.
>>
>>1068737
Always if using braid, depends if my mainline is mono.
>>
>>1068654
The way any rod casts anything a long way is by loading (flexing) with a certain amount of weight and then unloading (straightening out) at the right time, flicking the lure even further than a stiffer rod of the same length would naturally.
How thick and stiff the rod is determines how heavy the lure (or line in the case of a fly rod) has to be to get the rod to load and unload properly. Too light and it never flexes enough to get the flicking action really going. Too heavy and the rod doesn't have the energy to really flick the lure out there when it unloads.

Generally, a floppier rod will throw lighter lures better, while a stiffer rod works better for heavier lures. For my UL setup I use a BPS UL glass rod, mostly because I have a BPS nearby. It is super floppy and catching anything over 1lb looks like a monster is on the line, but it makes it easy to sling 1/16oz spinners quite a distance.
>>
>>1068737
I always use a flouro leader on braid, but I also have autism.

>nail knot or bust, you fuckin casuls
>>
>>1067965
So what is everyone's go to lure when all else fails? I use a 1/8 ounce marabou jig in white, catch peacocks, largemouth, jacks, macks and a few times snook
>>
>>1068737

run straight braid with jigs and frogs only. everyone else in the thread is a lazy bitch or should get more than 1 combo
>>
>>1068786
I usually fish a little to the west of Fort Worth and occasionally in the Keller/NRH area. You probably won't see me anywhere else. Don't be afraid to come say hi if you think you see me though.

>>1068808
>everyone else in the thread is a lazy bitch or should get more than 1 combo
Or they recognize its unnecessary for 95% of bass fishing.
>>
>>1068761
Those are all cities.
Most with 250k+ each too.
Some have 1M+
SoFlo is a gigantic strip mall full of elderlies, wannabes, the people who frequent the Taco Bell Drive through lane at 4am, and nobody else.
It's a very strange place and exemplifies Hunter Thompson's famous quote
>when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
>>
>>1068829
I'll probably never bump into you then.
I fish all over from Garland to Lewisville.
On a related note, I've heard I can catch gar in Ft. Worth, so where would I go for that?
>>
My dad's birthday is coming up, he likes bass fishing off of the kayak but I don't know much about that. Anyone think of something that could be useful for a gift idea?
>>
>>1068843
How much are you looking to spend?
>>
>>1068836
How you could live like that I will never know. I get pissed at people if I get stuck at a light for more than 45 seconds.
>>
>>1068846
Low range, within $50.
>>
File: IMG_20170726_162526049.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170726_162526049.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
Saw a cute Nutria today
>>
>>1068850
Does he have a nice life vest or head lamp? I would normally advise against gift cards as a rule (they are fucking tacky), but sporting goods gift cards are nice. Give us a little more info. Do you know what rod or lures he likes?
>>
>>1068852
Shot it in the head. Wait no they make great skull trophies. Kill it with a trap.
>>
>>1068737
I'll use heavy braid or wire leaders when fishing pike and my main line isn't heavy braid (which is rare).

I've fished a few copoly leaders when pestering smallies, mainly out of curiosity. But that was a while ago and I gave up after seeing no increase in bites or hookups.
>>
>>1068785
Minorities. There is a pier 5min from my house, and a few more within 15-20min.

>>1068761
I mean that's like all of Broward County so 2mil+ people plus some more. It's not that big of an area physically and right here only like 15mi from the Atlantic to the Everglades.

When I get older I'm def gonna go to bumblefuck somewhere quiet.
>>
>>1068878
Just because it is smaller than Houston do not make it acceptable.
>>
>>1068850
i'd say get him a spool of green #20 power pro, and a meme lure like a duck.
>>
>>1068858
Don't talk to me or my semi-aquatic son ever again.
>>
>>1068890
I will make a necklace of bright orange teeth.
>>
>>1068862
Define "heavy" braid. 20, 30, 50, 65lb?
>>
>>1068577
I normally chat with someone if I see them wading like me. (Great way to get info, but also fun to just talk) If they're passing by on boat I just say hi.
>>
>>1068924
For me it's 30lb.
>>
File: joelisa_.jpg (183KB, 595x511px) Image search: [Google]
joelisa_.jpg
183KB, 595x511px
>>1068737
always, but i'm in the salt

>>1068802
bucktail jig with feathers

>>1068924
85lb and up
>>
>>1067965
Any Maritimers know any good fishing spots out east? Im going to PEI and NS and am wondering about places you would recommend?
>>
File: sketch-1501122572582.png (273KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1501122572582.png
273KB, 1440x2560px
Fishing for large mouth lass eh buds
>>
File: mdc2.jpg (53KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mdc2.jpg
53KB, 640x360px
So this came in the mail today.
>>
File: IMG_20170726_191619877.jpg (676KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170726_191619877.jpg
676KB, 1080x1920px
Pb, out of a lil river. Always thought my pb would be out of some deep hole in the main river but this was unexpected. He's probably been eating up all the dink smallies.
>>
File: DCIM161.jpg (641KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DCIM161.jpg
641KB, 2592x1944px
Your thoughts on chumming?
I have a lot of food to throw out from the pantry?
>>
>>1068996
Just dont do it. You should only chum with food you'd be using on the hook too. Otherwise they'd just go after the food, stay familiar with it, and ignore the hooked bait.

Chumming is pretty dumb in freshwater unless its for carp.
>>
>>1068978
Kek

>>1068979
Sexy. Going microfishing with it?
>>
What's your favorite freshwater fish to eat? And how do you cook it?
>tfw all fresh fish tastes like my gf
>>
>>1069003
bluegill, crappie, or channel catfish.beer battered or trout/salmon fried in butter with chives and lemon
>>
>>1068978
wat a slut
>>
>>1069003
Pickerel
Deep fried in cracker batter
>>
File: IMG_2109.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2109.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Why do I suck at guessing weights? What is this? 1.5? 3.5? 2? I don't fucking know.
>>
>>1069055
1.5, tops
>>
File: IMG_2113.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2113.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1069056
That's a shitty pic. I really should invest in a scale because I have no idea when it comes to weight.
>>
>>1069057
Fuck me for guessing then.
>>
>>1068849
Strange to say, but you get used to it.
Bepis knows.

>>1068878
Go retire to Clewiston. You'll be 10 minutes away from world-class bass fishing.
>inb4 rednecks
Could be worse.
>>
File: IMG_1216.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1216.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>1068849
>he will never know the glory of having 10 McDonald's within 5 miles of his home

>>1069003
Yellow perch a best

>>1069057
I need a scale too. Or at least a good one. It's hard to tell from pics, even when you measure them. It always looks smaller than real life.

I would've loved to weigh my PB and those couple big sneks. That one largemouth was easily 2-3lbs heavier than any other bass I have landed.

>how much does pic related weigh?
>>
whats thats site with the tungsten weights
>>
File: IMG_8177.jpg (80KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8177.jpg
80KB, 640x480px
>>1069003
Try garfish.
Flesh has a flavor and texture exactly like chicken breast, with no gf taste anywhere.
>my 6-yo niece and nephew love gar nuggets most of all
>>
>>1069003
Walleye or yellow perch
>>1069207
http://www.omfishingsinkers.com
>>
>>1069055
>>1069057

Because you're not a scale, and nearly everybody sucks at gauging weights by hand.
So go get a cheap scale.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ZWNGZFO/ref=zg_bs_3409051_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PBB4CPN364JZ262KZZVP
>110lb capacity
>1m measuring tape included
>$11
>>
>>1069055
0.5/0.75 ish pounds.
>>
>>
File: 1476735176023.jpg (54KB, 680x598px) Image search: [Google]
1476735176023.jpg
54KB, 680x598px
I'm thinking of opening an online /out/ store.

Whats some things you guys would buy or be interested in buying? At least fishing related?
>>
>>1069255
Fish penis shaped dildos. The size of dragon dildos though.
>>
>>1069258
I'm thinking something more SFW.
>>
>>1068979
Is that made from pubes?
>>
>>1069255
Stickers like /o/. I like to put stickers on my tackle box and rod tube.
>>
>>1069255
Penis squid lures
>>
>>1069263
You mean like those /out/ patches? I'm not sure what your talking about.
>>
>>1069263
This is a good idea, and an easy spot to start at.
>>
>>1069255
pube flies and cock cranks
>>1069260
just sell them as "silicone fish sculptures"
>>
File: TaigeiPreorder.jpg (88KB, 1000x594px) Image search: [Google]
TaigeiPreorder.jpg
88KB, 1000x594px
>>1069269
Here's /o/'s sticker general
>>>/o/17604556
Pic related
>>
>>1069276
ah those are neat

I would have to find a cool design though and someone to make them
>>
>>1069279
Ask around in the general.They could point you in the right direction.
>>
>>1069255
I would wear an /out/ cap.
>>
>>1069255
>Fish and turtle furry suits
>Crankdildos and pubeflies
>"show me your dinks!" bumper stickers
The possibilities are endless.
>>
>>1069255
large, high quaility prints of furries fishing.
>>
>>1069233
This should be the picture they use on the news when you shot up that school.
>>
File: soft plastic.jpg (403KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
soft plastic.jpg
403KB, 1600x600px
>>1069311
>>1069299
>>1069274
>>1069268
>>1069258
I don't know why I thought 4chan would give me a serious answer.

Oh well, it was just something I wanted to try. Wanted to learn about running a store with something I really like doing. I thought along the lines of something like these.

But I'd say the it wouldn't do well. Thanks anyways guys
>>
>>1069255
Life size Weresalmon cut outs.
>>
>>1069322
>implying we are joking
>implying we would not buy these things
If you want normie stuff ask normies.
Ree
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f (1).jpg (111KB, 800x764px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f (1).jpg
111KB, 800x764px
>MEMECASTER'S CLUB sticker
Angry pepe trying to fix a birds nest
>>
File: 20170727_134857.jpg (3MB, 4160x2080px) Image search: [Google]
20170727_134857.jpg
3MB, 4160x2080px
Can you guys help me identify what this reel is used for? It was left to me by my grandfather and I really don't fish but I wanna get into it
>>
>>1069332
Looks like an offshore reel. Did he ever go to the ocean and catch big fish miles from the coast?
>>
>>1069333
don't even know what an offshore reel is, and I honestly don't know where he would go to fish I just know he lived in florida and that he once owned a boat when he lived in the pocanos
>>
>>1069335
I think it's safe to assume he took his boat out to open water and would catch fish that were deep with that reel.
>>
>>1069322
>implying we wouldnt buy all this crap
if you want to sell normie shit to normies, ask normies what they want to buy. come back when i can buy a cock crank, or a spook that looks like a literal turd.
>>1069326
would buy/10
>>1069333
no it looks way too small for that. nice numbers though
>>1069335
if you want to get in to fishing, go put that reel behind glass, and go buy a modern combo that wont leave you heartbroken if something happens to it.
>dont take anything on the water that you are not prepared to lose
>>
What's this I hear about mod-fast being better than fast for wacky rigs? Does it matter that much?
>>
>>1069345
Same reason for crankbait rods having slow tips. Helps keep the smaller hooks in. Definitely wouldn't say it's necessary though. I doubt a slower rod would've helped much with the bass I've lost on wacky rigs.
>>
If I intend on getting a 6'6" MH rod for Texas Rigs, and I'm not worried about brush too much is 15lb fluoro good or should I stick to braid?
>>
>>1069322
>implying we weren't serious
The fishing tackle market is saturated.
Any normal stuff can be gotten from any one of literally hundreds of places. Small-timers competing against BPS, Dick's, Amazon and Walmart is a recipe for disaster.
So you don't compete. You serve the lifestyle, not so much the hobby.
Why do you think Guy Harvey and the Salt Life owners are fucking zillionaires now? They serve the lifestyle. Everyone who thinks fishing is cool wants their very their own t-shirt with fish jumping or whatever.
>>
>>1069332
I actually have one of those at home.

That's a late 1960s-early 1970s-era Pflueger Supreme baitcasting reel.
It's for fresh water fishing.
The Supreme was Pflueger's top-of-the line baitcaster for almost 40 years, and that was the first major redesign since the early 1930s. It was Pflueger's response to Abu's Ambassadeur, and the first modern-style baitcaster design marketed by an American company.

The switch on the right engages the free spool and there should be a knob on the other side called the "Hydro-Thumb", which is a drag control for the spool that works ok. Some of them also have a switch on the left side that engages a bait clicker, but not all do.
It would probably be good to regrease the gears inside the right side, but if you get an idea to disassemble the left side to see what it's all about, don't. Lots of bits in there are small, need to be put together JUST SO, and break easily if they aren't. Best to just leave that side alone.
>>
>>1069340
>come back when i can buy a cock crank, or a spook that looks like a literal turd.

I love this board
>>
>>1067965
I just switched to 20LB braid on my spinning reel, is the palomar knot still the best knot for tying hooks to the line?
>>
>>1069322

>me
>"Fish penis shaped dildos. The size of dragon dildos though."

if you're being serious, don't start off with a meme picture next time.

are you making soft plastics? if so I have a soft plastic from the early 90's that I only have a FEW of left, and CANNOT find them anywhere. so if you're in the market for making soft plastics, I can mail you [by envelope] one of these lures. for you to duplicate. pic related in the next post.
>>
>>1069404
Yes
>>
File: IMAG0177.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0177.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
>>1069407
Here we are.

If someone knows where to get these PLEASE I WILL TRAVEL TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH. these are my panfish slayers... And dink bass.
>>
>>1069404
What he said >>1069408
>>
>>1069420
DID YOU JUST ASSUME ITS GENDER? DO YOU EVEN KNOW ITS PRONOUNS?
>>
>>1069425
Well this is 4chan, so it's not a "she" and the only other choice is "he".

Also if I go get salty, you niggas said snook are around. I could do the Intercoastal right under the bridge, the inlet, the beach, or the pier.

I will probably do the intercoastal by the bridge. Will I have any luck?
>>
>>1069426
as someone who rarely can make it to tampa to actually fish salt water [about an hour and thirty minutes from CFL] I say, Fuck yeah I always fish the bridges. those little lazy bastard fish love shade! or you can be super unlucky and catch pinfish all day.
>>
>>1069426
Go there in the evening like 2hrs before sundown and all that time leading up until sunset snook should be hanging out around and under the bridge. They can be finicky fucks, so do be surprised if you see them chasing mullet, and ignoring everything you throw at them.
>>
>>1069428
I like the bridge because there is a quiet little road and I can park right there. Sometimes there are people there but I'm hoping it's empty today.

That is the one spot I actually hooked a saltwater fish on artificial tackle. I was out there like 6mos ago at night and I think it was a ladyfish. About 12" or 14", skinny and silver, but it jumped and threw the hook.
>>
>>1069430
me and my friend always toss a 10' cast net, and catch sailors choice and live bait shit. but I mean. I toss a bass jig off a pier once and caught something, I forget what it was, its been at least 4 years since. like, 5LB fish, but i mean, bass jig... lmao
>>
>>1069426
Better have a saltwater fishing permit. FL's one of the weird states that has separate licenses for fresh and salt.
Have fun paying twice!
>>
>>1069436
Salt water is free you dufus.
>>
File: 20170603_224311.jpg (644KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170603_224311.jpg
644KB, 2048x1152px
>>1069262
>>1069274
Hey fuckers, the pubefly market is MINE
>>
>>1069438
Not in Florida.
Look it up.
>>
>>1069439
You got those pubeflies in red?
>>
>>1069441
The pier one is.
>>
>>1069412
Bruh you can buy the pair you have on the left at cabelas
>>
>>1069431
>bass jig
https://youtu.be/B5oqoGoydOU
He was memeing around and now he said in a recent video that when he fishes in the morning he'll throw a bass jig before anything else
>>
>>1069438
>>1069436
Actually shoreline saltwater is free in FL. Too lazy to take a pic, but my license is for freshwater and saltwater shoreline

>Fresh- $17.00
>Salt Shoreline- $0.00
>Fee- $0.50

Salt from boat is $17.00 more. Idk what the deal is but I'm guessing even tho it's free, you might still need a permit.
>>
>>1069448
I just checked fwc. And if the boats owner has a salt license anyone on the boat is covered. Obviously the boat owner has to be with you.
>>
I don't see the fucking difference. If I consciously, on a small scale, net a few fish with my net, and then only take the maximum amount I am allowed to catch through hook methods as per my state laws, why the fuck does it matter? Why can't we educate people on proper netting methods so we can stop wasting our fucking time sitting by a river or lake? Jesus fuck, I'd move to the 1200s if I wanted to toil all day for food.
>Go to the store!
Even in modern capitalism, fish is still not cheap because it is rarely locally sourced. Capitalism literally can't even do what it advertises to do. It's cheaper faster for me to use modern technology to do it myself than to pay someone at the store. Always will be.
>>
>>1069455
Additionally, it's going to take me SECONDS to get a fish if I head to the right part of the river.
Why would I ever want to use a goddamned hook and freeze my ass off when I'm already hungry?
Sportsmen are what's ruining it, it seems. Their convoluted "lifestyle" bastardization of humanity's relationship with its surroundings makes it impossible to get shit done, as the state is constantly pandering to their circlejerking.
So fuck you guys if you would sell out those looking for decent food on the cheap because you want to look pretty for your Facebook profile picture.
>>
Memebaits straight outta japan
>>
Literally caught 4 fish on my rod before I got snagged and the rod snapped in half.
Wut do
Buy catfishing rod or bass rod? I'm lost. Probably need a reel too fuck
>>
>>1069397
>I love this board
me too, red. me too.
>>1069404
yes but put the loop through the eye of the hook (or lure) twice before continuing (instead of just once) it ill make the knot a lot stronger
>>1069412
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=1606945&type=product&WT.ac=YMAL-1606945&WT.z_pg_ref=prd1196474
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=2196542&type=product&WT.ac=YMAL-2196542&WT.z_pg_ref=prd1606945
>>1069439
ill tie my own pube fly and it will blow yours out of the water
>>
>>1069340
I'll do draft of the sticker when I get the chance
>>
What are your favorite leader formulas for fly fishing? Need some good ones.
>>
>>1069443
Only when I nick myself harvesting.

>>1069467
Pfft bringit
>>
>>1069475
for trout i tie this:
>4 feet of .020
>2 feet of .015
>14-18 inches of .012
>2 feet of 3x tippet
if i need something finer than 3x tippet ill just tie directly on to that
it turns over well enough, if im going to tie something in the range of 6 feet for panfish on my 2 weight it will look more like this
>3 feet .015
>18 inches .012
>18 inches of 4-6x tippet
for bass i tie
>5 feet of .020
>2 feet of .015
>2 feet of 0x or 1x tippet
pike is the same but instead it is 14 inches of 0x then 10 inches of bite wire
>>
>>1069479
its on
>>
>>1069479
>>1069467
Both of you have to prove the source of the pubes. Too easy to cut the hair off your heads and lie.
>>
At dusk I'm going to try fishing a 4.5 acre pond near my digs. I don't know what to expect. Gonna throw some rapala minnows and mepps spinners. Will I obtain fish? And why not?
>>
>>1069492
Did it rain today?? If yes.

No.

If no.

No.

Night fishing sucks. 4pm to 6pm FTW.
>>
>>1069359
DEPENDS

id take another look at your rod options. if youre not really worried about brush like at all you might take a look at a medium rod.

i think either way i'd go for a 6'10 atleast instead of a 6'6 unless youre a midget or literally have zero room to cast

again if you dont have weeds/brush to deal with 15lb flouro should be fine
>>
>>1069455
You can net fish though. Plenty of good eating fish can legally be netted.
>>
>>1069483
Skid comes through once again. Thanks.
>>
>>1069466
Don't put the wrong line on your reel and set your drag properly.
>>
>>1069455
>>1069458
>AUSTIM: the posts.
Here's your (You)s and leave
>>
File: IMG_5238.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5238.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Wut iz this?
>>
>>1069495
I have a 7' in M, MH, and H. I want the 6'6" because there's this really shaded overgrown area with no room to cast.
I think I'll opt for braid because I'm worried about brush that I might not have known was there.
>>
>>1069522
thats a jack
>>
>>1069525
I personally have never felt that I would be able to cast with a 6' 6" where I couldn't cast a 7'

But more importantly you should learn how to roll cast and pitch long distances.
>>
File: pube flies.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
pube flies.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>>1069490
you can just see that they are pubes. and if you've got a jew fro, thats close enough to be pubes for me. but mine are, infact, pubes. >>1069479
>pic realted
>nameless pube carp bug, size 6
>pubie spinner, size 12
>hare's jock nymph, size 12
>>
File: IMG_5241.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5241.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>1069531
That's what I thought. How big do they get? I have gotten 3 so far but they're like 8"-10". They are rippin at those Keitechs on a 3/0 weighted swimbait hook. Feisty lil cunts.
>>
>>1069455
>>1069458
Considering how stressed US fisheries get under current regulations, I can't even imagine how barren our waters would be if every asshole in town were out looking for a free dinner. But you're right about the "convoluted 'lifestyle' bastardization of humanity's relationship with its surroundings." How did American men become so clueless in only 50 years?
>>
>>1069540
a big one would be about 18 inches. they will also hit almost anything, literally just fish the lures you dont like for them on bass tackle and youll have a blast. they are like saltwater bluegill on steroids
>>
Best paddle tail swimbait?
>>
File: image.png (209KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
209KB, 750x1334px
Should I do it?

>>1069547
I really like the cabelas hand pour shads
>>
>>1069522
>pepsi salt fishing

theres nothing left to accomplish here
>>
File: 20170623_184654.jpg (305KB, 768x751px) Image search: [Google]
20170623_184654.jpg
305KB, 768x751px
>>1069543
This, if you put your feet in the water off a dock sometimes they'll hit your foot

Side note, what is anyone throwing for drum this season? I've been having poor luck with live bait, only caught about 4 decent fish in the last month
>>
>>1069547
My favorite have been the Strike King KVD Caffeine Shads. They stay on swimbait hooks really well, stay weedless forever, and they are a good size a bit larger than Super Fluke Jr's and a bit smaller than regular SF's. Baby bass color landed some good fish for me. And one bait will last through half a dozen fish before you have to replace it.

Those ribbed Keitech ones have a lot of action but don't last long. And Gambler makes a nice larger one with a flat tail that I like when there are larger bass around.

>>1069571
No snook tho.
>>
File: jack crevalle wesley.jpg (425KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
jack crevalle wesley.jpg
425KB, 1600x1200px
>>1069522
>pepsi actually went saltwater fishing
I love this timeline.

Thats a jack crevalle, one of my favorite fish to catch. The bigger ones are incredibly powerful and will put up long fights. They are also super easy to catch on artificials.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 225x225px
>>1069577
All I want to do is catch a fucking red why do I have to live 6 hours away from the coast

>>1069589
Where's the best place to catch these guys?
>>
>>1069543
>a big one would be about 18 inches.
That's pretty average here. Summer time jacks are much bigger.

Pepsi, throwing a bomber badonk-a-donk or zara spook before sunrise. I've noticed they hit top water lures more readily than most fish.

>>1069593
They're everywhere in florida. When I'm snook fishing I almost always get a jack.
>>
>>1069522
jack crevalle

those fuckers are little savages. I've caught them on plugs literally the same size as the fish.
>>
File: IMG_5239.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5239.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1069596
I was running the baits weedless and they would rip the tail the first time and hit 2 or 3 more times on the retrieve before I hooked em.

>>1069594
Yeah if I can get out at sunrise, I could probably hit the inlet without too many minorities.

I hate when I tongue hook fish.
>>
>>1069569
nooooo
>>1069593
>Where's the best place to catch these guys
probably the ocean
>>1069598
pepsi i've seen people put a piece of shoe lace on a jig head and catch jacks
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>1069598
I caught 4 of these little dudes before work today. 2 of them on live blue runners and 2 on x raps. Not exactly the big mother snook I wanted but I still did ok for an hour and a half of fishing.

For jacks you can use just about any lure you have in your tackle box. If they are biting the tails off just switch to something with a rear treble like a white x-rap. Also don't be afraid to use big lures.
>>
File: IMG_8179.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8179.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>Meanwhile, while Pepsi went saltwater fishing...

...I was catching big bass on small spinners.
Thanks for saving them for me Peps.
>>
>>1069611
>big
pic not related right?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718-004015.jpg (437KB, 1413x888px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-004015.jpg
437KB, 1413x888px
>>1069612
Hope not
>>
>>1069612
3lbs may not be gargantuan, but when you catch it on an ultralight rod sporting 4lb test, it's more than big enough to be satisfying.

Besides, I caught it at a city park. With the heavy fishing pressure there, that's an achievement in and of itself.
>>
>>1068587
Good thing blacks are scared of going /out/, I'd hate to see the retarded things they come up with
>>
Who /ImpulseBuy/here?
>>
File: IMG_20170727_215543679~2.jpg (191KB, 2340x805px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170727_215543679~2.jpg
191KB, 2340x805px
>>1069666
Forgot image
>>
>>1069668
What weight?
>>
>>1069680
I'm not sure if you mean power or lure/line weight, but it's all printed on the blank.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1501214344541.jpg (125KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1501214344541.jpg
125KB, 960x960px
Caught this fat girl today, she was 5lbs
>>
File: Screenshot_20170718-003859.jpg (563KB, 978x978px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170718-003859.jpg
563KB, 978x978px
>>1069686
Damn nice
>>
how do i get a belly like flukemaster bros
>>
>>1069730
Beer beer and more beer
>>
Gonna fish some canals, what's a good lure for cement canal fishing?
>>
>>1069613
>Coke shirt
This triggers the Pepsi.
>>
>>1069686
Those are the second smallest man nipples I have ever seen.
>>
>>1069681
>TFO
>not a fly rod
Fug. Saw the logo and made an assumption
>>
>>1069686
Nice bass, but why do you have so many nipples?
>>
>>1069751
That's why he's not catching dinks.
>>
File: DSC_0020.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0020.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Which kind of carp is this?
>>
>>1069835
Looks to be of the homosex variety
>>
>>1069835
thats a koi
>>
>>1069835
Kek where were you fishing that you caught a koi
>>
>>1069842
>>1069845
Caught one near a golf club. Probably got released near the area.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (5KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5KB, 318x159px
>>1069845
I catch what appear to be giant but otherwise plain old goldfish in the Mississippi all the time. Range from half a pound to 17 pounds.
>>
>>1069851
>17lb gold fish
Is this a new sportfish? :Thinking_face:
>>
>>1069854
Wouldn't call them very sporty, a 10lb goldfish fights about like a 2lb common carp.

They taste good tho.
>>
File: fishing trailer.jpg (168KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
fishing trailer.jpg
168KB, 960x720px
so i built a fishing trailer for my bicycle
>pic related
holds a tackle bag, 48 quart cooler, and 8 rods
>>
>>1069866
>built
Taping a rubbermaid tote to a dolly doesnt count
>>
>>1069866
Nigger

>>1069842
>>1069845
There is this really shallow pond right off I-95 and there are two big koi in there. One is orange and the other is white and the water is only like 2' deep so you can see them all the time just being lazy cunts.
>>
Braid or Fluorocarbon for a Texas/Carolina/Jig rod? Not really for flipping heavy cover.
>>
File: 20170718_003631.jpg (29KB, 171x302px) Image search: [Google]
20170718_003631.jpg
29KB, 171x302px
>>1069856
It a joke fren

>>1069874
Braid. Up to u tho
>>
>>1069874
I see people use 20lb flouro in moderate brush successfully, but if shits gnarly bump it to 40lb braid.
>>
>>1069866
Congrats you're a retard who couldn't build a drop hitch
>>
>>1069924
why would i? i already had a dolly and an oak plank sitting around, and a few nuts and bolts are cheap.
>>
File: IMG_2711.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2711.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
check it boysss
>>
>>1069941
Fuggin how?
Are you a jewtuber?
>>
File: 1380242529043.jpg (80KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1380242529043.jpg
80KB, 300x300px
>Catch anything
>>
>>1069941
tacklewarehouse

wasnt expecting it, considering they told me they werent expecting any to come in until late august or some shit

i needa spool this bad boy asap
>>
>>1069962
So you backordered it, and it showed up?
>>
File: IMG_3731.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3731.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1069948
>umm... a big one a few minutes ago
>>
I ordered some 1/80 and 1/64th oz jigs, will probably tie some lil things on them or put some tiny plastics on them. These should be good for when im out looking for lil fish.

How's the casting on these things? I heard 2-4 lb test helps.
>>
>>1069967
yessir

backordered about a week and a half ago

cabelas has some in stock on their website too
>>
>>1069970
Peter DINKlage of bass
>>
>>1069971
Yeah 2lb is no problem. Adding a bobber helps getting some distance also it add some movement to jig by bobbing
>>
File: IMG_7819.jpg (885KB, 1857x3040px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7819.jpg
885KB, 1857x3040px
>>1069948
>he doesn't use ultralight tackle for panfish
It's like you hate the mere idea of happiness.
>>
>>1069987
Lately I have been tossing the little Sienna 500 in my car every time I go. Fuck with some Mayans if nothing else is hitting.

I think I want to take the 6lb braid off of it tho and replace it with something else. I like 4lb mono, but I honestly want to go lighter. Maybe some copolymer type bullshit if I can find it in a diameter smaller than 4lb mono.

The 6lb Stealth Braid is just too light. The wind catches it before I can really get distance on tiny baits like those Mini Mites.
>>
I bought a 200yds of Spiderwire Flouro to use as leader and I havnt touched it in 2 months. Should I just use it as my mainline for bass?
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 174x139px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 174x139px
>>1069987
>Resort to sunnies cause no bite
>Can't get a sunnie
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 209x196px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 209x196px
>>1070002
>flouro as main line
get ready for constant bird nests.
>>
>>1070006
Really? I have never had an issue but only ran it on spinning reels. The one problem I did have was I couldn't fill the spool as full as I can with braid or even mono since the flouro was so stiff that it wanted to jump off.

>>1070002
Just remember that it will make stuff run deeper. When I first started using it, I lost so many Mepps and Rooster Tails because they were snagging stuff in places where I never had an issue with the same retrieve speed using mono or braid.
>>
>>1070013
I was using trik fish 8# flouro on my shimano sienna 2500 and I literally got a birds nest every other cast. I took it off and kept it for leader material
>>
File: IMG_5248.jpg (547KB, 1452x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5248.jpg
547KB, 1452x1936px
Which one should I toss in the oven? Fresh bread is comin up.
>>
>>1070016
2d>3d
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 750x733px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 750x733px
>>1070016
This one
>>
>>1070021
Too lazy, will save for the next one.

Might have to give the weebs their thread so we can do grills for the next 50 without them complaining

>>1070015
I think those Shimano spinning reels are bad with it too because they all have that bevel at the top of the spool. If you fill them a tiny bit too much, especially with flouro, you will get the nests when you cast.
>>
File: 1501278062715.jpg (326KB, 1920x1215px) Image search: [Google]
1501278062715.jpg
326KB, 1920x1215px
>>1070026
>>1070026
>>1070026
>>1070026

Sorry goys
>>
>>1069994
Berkley makes a 3lb test in their xl line. Haven't used it since I use 2lb in spring and 4lb in summer. However I am very happy with berkley compared to suffix.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.