1)Write a review of your car
2)Other people try to guess what car it is
Poor fit and finish, interior bits aren't very sturdy, but nothing actually important ever breaks. Small, slow, generic, decently handling. Can be fun if you get the turbo version.
Once it hits 40mph your foot needs to be pressed to the floor to get above that, and if you let off at all expect to fall behind traffic. Despite this, everyone will compliment this car while not being able to decide if it is an SUV or truck. It does have an extremely popular truck cousin that used 99% of the same parts, so finding new parts is never an issue. The gas mileage is fucking horrid though, and will make both hippies and your wallet think a Hummer is fuel efficient.
Yup. MR2 mk1.
My brother recently bought a '97 MX-5 that I had to drive down to him last week. Haven't driven my MR2 since getting back and now I'm worried she'll do this to me.
Clearly incorporates design elements from a more well known vehicle in their lineup, but that only seems to serve as a sad reminder of all the fun you could have had while you were young and single, but didn't, because you chose "responsiblity," the same word that your girlfriend used when she convinced you to buy this. Sure, comes in two kinds of four wheel drive and has a dual range transfer case and you still can get in manual (for now), but with independent front suspension, four doors, available cruise control, comfortable seats, and a spacious interior, you know you're never going to be taking this thing off road. It's just a reliable family station wagon with a high center of gravity that makes you feel more independent than you actually are.
Close, but this is manufactured on the other side of the pond.
I came to /o/ to find a new car that's right for me now that I have so much spare cash from a proper job, so I'd appreciate it if you shitpost and anally annihilate this one
This car makes a lot of people on /o/ mad, yet IRL is a better shitbox than most are willing to give it credit for. It's slow af but great on gas. It's FWD but comes from the factory with a dual-clutch. It has an odd number of passenger entrances. It also looks like a cartoon monster you drew when you were 4.
>Sub 5 second 0-60
>/o/ thinks it's pigfat
>It's not pigfat
>Shifting smoothly is nearly impossible
>1st gear bucks you back and forth harder than a bull with a firework up its ass
>Visibility? What's that?
>Has a V6 that isn't a pile of shit
im bad at this lol i basically gave it away but yes good on you
>Cost 10k new
>Uses "muh displacement" valvetrain in a typical displacement 4 banger
>Oil filter is a bitch to get without taking off passenger wheel
>Interior quality is Soviet grade
>It's American yet looks completely weebshit
>The cheapest used car to both buy and keep running bar absolutely NONE
>You can find thousands on CL selling for a few hundred dollars
>Everyone who owns one have and will continue to beat on them mercilessly
>This car is the EPITOME of the term "Shitbox"
Not partcularly fast, but feels quicker than it is because it's so low. Great handling and feedback, but highly impractical. Metrosexual image and dopey front end make this a poor car for posing in.
Gotta be Punto
1. Small comfy shitbox that never breaks down, hated by normies for its looks. So comfy you can sleep in it.
2. Old and slow german shitbarge with an interior that started falling apart. Comfortable but unbearably slow.
3. Early 2000s french whateverthefuckmobile. Good interior quality. No one knows its purpose - it's too big to be a good city car and too small and uncomfortable to be a long trip oriented 4 door. Women love it.
4. Old-ish german funbox with incredible steering but low power.
5. Smallish, oldish german shitbox kind of known for an odd configuration of one of its engines that was also available in a turbo version.
If you get all of these right and I'll post... I dunno, my face or something
1. 4 door sedan
2. Handles okay, has a fair amount of body roll., adjustable dampers don't really make a difference. Has plenty of grip until power comes in midway and then every thing goes sideways very quickly.
3. Boxy, with dark two-tone colours and a lour graphics package
4. Black and red interior with black and silver dash board. Instruments look like Tron (sort of)
5. No power under 3000 rpm. Everything above that.
6. 5 speed gearbox, lsd, 2.0l Turbo 4 cylinders of Formula One Technology.
It looks like it should be faster than it actually is. Fantastic build quality, very comfy, and tons of space. Handles pretty nicely for a stock nipbox. The styling aged pretty well, it gets compliments when someone actually notices it.
Is the first one a Twingo?
>2wd beast that gets joked on about the manufacter being an acronym about the vehicle's fate, still love it to death.
>zippy cramped box that fits 4ish people with shitty a pillars and rear seating headrests that make xboxhuge blindspots where you need them least.
>comes in 4wd flavor
>a loud and noisy boat with shit turn radius, also subject to the riddicule of my vehicle
>farmers in ca love it because of the engine, and there's only one inspection point for ca smog.
>comfy as fuck mostly but your legs will cramp up if you're driving long distances
>makefly as fuck limos and the stock stereo was amazing despite it being for 2004.
Bonus round, my cousin's:
>if we get it up to 80 miles an hour again and it's not down the 34% grade out of town it means someone broke reality.
>known for jokes about it exploding if you hit them
The badge is Japanese, but this vehicle is about as Japanese as a white guy in a kimono.
It's powered- well, that's too "powerful" of a word - Influenced, by a 3.5 liter engine that doesn't make enough tq or hp to burn rubber unless you are on gravel or ice.
Strangely enough, it handles and drives better than it's competitors, and even beat the vehicle it was based off of at it's own game (Durocross), though that's an achievement I cannot lay claim to as I have the lowest trim.
It is indeed a pinto, but the review also covers his old chevy flatbed with the saddlebag style fuel tanks, iirc people said that could explode if he got t-boned. Which is odd since that one's a diesel.
Bumpy as fuck. Clutch is too heavy (Or I have spaghetti legs). Removable soft top is fun. Gets shit horsepower for it's engine, but good torque.
Interior is horribly low quality. plastics squeak all the time, seat sometimes doesn't stop on the rails right? Other than that it's been a good car. Comfy seats. Wish I could've gotten it in a manuel.
1. A staple of it's segment, arguably the most popular of it's segment, particularly in it's home country.
2. One of the modern generations has an engine with a couple of very annoying issues, fortunately these are issues that generally do not directly affect the performance of the vehicle, however; this has given the particular engine a SHIT ton of hate.
3. Ride is very comfortable, for what it is.
4. Interior is both very hit and very miss. Awesome chairs as one of the options, lots of hard plastic in other places though.
5. Strangely enough, very quiet ride overall. Little engine noise. Sound dampening is really good in this vehicle.
6. Built on the same platform that 3 other vehicles share.
Good luck. Bonus points if you guess the generation of question 2.
See, I was originally thinking it was a wrangler but i've never encountered one with a stiff clitch, usually the opposite where I have to jam the fucker down through the floorboard to actuate it.
Now for my shitbox
1. It's been 100% reliable so far, which makes sense since that's what the brand was known for in the 90s when it was new
2. Everyone except me thinks it's ugly. It certainly looks better from the rear 3/4 angle.
3. In theory it's an Evo/STI competitor but it's really more like a contemporary WRX in terms of speed. This has never bothered me.
4. If something breaks you will prefer suicide to fixing it yourself
5. I had to import it, but parts are easy to find because you can just get USDM/CDM TYTE versions of most things on the car
No on all (cousins was a pinto but I would've accepted chevy flatbed from the 80s too).
You are on the right manufacterer for mine and my dad's, and oddly enough I did put a mustang's stereo in mine when the stock 5cd changer died.
Its boring, the interior, the exterior, driving experience, all will bore you to sleep, it's reliability will bore you to death, the only thing excited is the center mounted gauge cluster
860 ft lbs of stfu from the factory.
Amerifats should get that one easy.
Always talks about how only it's gen remembers.
Takes 20 minutes to even attempt to warm up in 100 degree weather.
Known to blow head gasket at 20,000
Has autism in place of a front end.
None of it's manufacturers wanted the cancerous name.
Element that used to be popular to ricers.
Nah, subies don't take forever to warm up. Even the ones that do actually have headgasket issues (95-04 2.5L NA) don't blow them until around 120k. None of them have infamously ugly front ends besides the Tribeca, Subaru is only one manufacturer and none of their names are cancerous except maybe the Levorg.