[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ music discussion thread: Pleasure for AOTY edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 337
Thread images: 79

File: pleasure.jpg (59KB, 807x807px) Image search: [Google]
pleasure.jpg
59KB, 807x807px
The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>/listenalong schedules
http://daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previous thread: >>72601463
>>
>>72619835
>not poorly editing daily memes into the album cover

:/
>>
bepis
>>
Big Ole
>>
>>72619857
Woolite these kill me every time, keep it up
>>
https://youtu.be/ogCih4OavoY
I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THIS SONG WHY IS MOST SHOEGAZE SHITTY
>>
>>72619908
ha ha slowdiiv amirite
>>
We dem boyz
>>
music.
>>
>>72619908
most of things are shitty

also whats special about the song, sounds much like typical modern bore tier shoegaze tho admittedly idk much about recent shoegaze so maybe its worse off than I imagine

>>72619982
get out with this filth i dont wanna see it here
>>
>>72619933
ok kid
contrarianism is cowardice
>>
The War on Drugs - Thinking of a Place (single)

I never really liked the War on Drugs in particular, and I'm not sure why. I guess it never really came together sonically for me.

Anyways, this 11 minute song is really wonderful. It's nostalgic and dreamy but interesting and moves with a particularly good balance of vigor and steadiness.
>>
literally name a better game than undertale
>>
>>72620028
Chrono Trigger
N++
Street Fighter II
>>
>>72620028
Amnesia: the dark descent

that one is close though
>>
>>72620028
pachisi
>>
>>72620050
>>72620052
lol okay

y'all like mac nuggets that's good eatin
>>
>>72620028
is this a meme (i think so)

>>72620052
is this a meme (i hope so)
>>
File: WooliteAcceptingACompliment.jpg (37KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
WooliteAcceptingACompliment.jpg
37KB, 620x465px
>>72619930
That will be my newest addition, thank you. My next student will certainly appreciate the extra lesson

>>72619907
Lol thanks. If anons keep randomly asking about /daily/, I'll keep it up
>>
ive been having chest pain all week and its getting worse

recc me music to celebrate this
>>
>>72620131
The Dark Descent is a legit great game with a deep and thought provoking narrative that just happens to have attracted a lot of shitty youtubers that scream at it.

Undertale is a touching and boundary pushing experience if you can get through all the cringe humorous bits and the repetitive gameplay
>>
i love when fake hampus posts about the delicious taste of Chicken McNuggets
>>
File: mf-nightmare.jpg (87KB, 711x480px) Image search: [Google]
mf-nightmare.jpg
87KB, 711x480px
>>72620028
The only good video game is metroid fusion
>>
anyone notice how today's sharethread is unusually quality?
>>
>>72620267
i don't leave /daily/ anymore
>>
>>72620172
Yeah undermeme gets boring but so does Amnesia (even accounting for never before having played hiding simulators when first playing it), both games suffer a lot gameplay wise. It gets saved by its other qualities, I wouldn't really call the story deep however, its not completely cringe inducing which is a big plus compared to similar games but nothing to dwell on.

>>72620188
>not zero mission
>not super metroid
not that fusion is bad but cmon, also play am2r if you havent yet

>>72620267
have now thanks mite grab something
>>
>>72620028
>>72620067
>>72620176
hampus "mac nugget" posting is the best thing to happen to these threads in years

>>72620149
avataring as Isaac Hayes sounds hilarious please do that

>>72620293
same
>>
>>72620338
2nd to you not knowing what penetration looks like
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w3cYtJekpw
>>
>>72620338
>hampus "mac nugget" posting is the best thing to happen to these threads in years
im just hoping it doesnt get ruined like cumblogs or complaining about fishmans or i'm fish
>>
>>72620367
okay if the cover of slow deep and hard is so obviously penetration then I dare you to jack it to it nerd

>>72620396
cumblogs is still funny
>>
File: 1489185164163.jpg (235KB, 800x1126px) Image search: [Google]
1489185164163.jpg
235KB, 800x1126px
>>72620396
>>72620338
dont discuss memes if you want them to be funny
>>
>>72620414
>cover is penetration

What, how?
>>
>>72620431
hoo boy
>>
>>72620450
hey cut them some slack theyre in 4chan for a reason
>>
>>72620450
Pls tell me so I can masturbate
>>
>>72620367
factually doesn't look like it tho, at least not really
they must've done more editing than just blurring it
>>
>>72620033
>>
@blapp

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/raymond-scott/the-music-of-raymond-scott-reckless-nights-and-turkish-twilights/
>>
>>72620017
ye the song is quite aitt
it has that thing that mood that makes it at least slightly memorable. good moves releasing it before summer too it rides that atmosphere well
>>
Anyone wanna Personally Murder Me for enjoying ImSippinTeaInYoHood
>>
>>72620639
on it
>>
>>72620414
Bitch I've jacked off to titty shaped ceiling lights in times of desperation that won't be a challenge

>>72620533
If we're talking about the original cover, sure, It's hard to tell. The unedited version that was posted in the other thread though? You need to get your eyes checked if you can't tell what that is
>>
>>72620639
x is ok senpai
>>
File: 1494083826933.png (860KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1494083826933.png
860KB, 1732x1732px
didn't realize there was a new thread, so reposting this.
current listen-along info here
>>72617797
>>
File: 1494083826933.png (989KB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1494083826933.png
989KB, 1732x1732px
>>
holy shit is zane going to overtake stick for most-hated listenalong?
>>
>>72620673
oh wew, yeah didnt see that one
>>
File: IMG_0401.jpg (737KB, 1542x1535px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0401.jpg
737KB, 1542x1535px
Before going into this self-titled album by a band literally called Anarchy, I expected one of two things: noisy, politically-charged anarcho-punk... or generic punk rock. After listening to the record, I unfortunately found out that it was the latter. Like The Blue Hearts, you can tell that the dudes here clearly loved punk western rock 'n roll (hell, there's even a Johnny B. Goode cover on here) and were having a great time recording this, but it's just so standard and run-of-the-mill that I'd probably be hard-pressed to remember anything from this two days from now. It's certainly not inept, but it's just pretty standard.

If anybody has a download link to the Last Live album by Carol I'd appreaciate it, because the only thing I can find is a YouTube video of the concert itself.
>>
>>72620673
Link plz
>>
>>72620779
Hey, I thought it was good. Though admittedly the style is the kinda style that would normally get a 2.5 or 2 from me.
>>
>>72620779
lol newfag you havent seen a truly hated listenalong

ask about batfinks and snuff jazz
>>
>>72620779
hopefully not, I want to be remembered for something at least
>>
>>72620936
ive heard about snuff jazz
i was more referring to the new wave of listenalongs
>>
>>72620028
Quest for the Crown

>>72620067
only fkin waterboarded in sweet&sour
>>
>>72620786
>>72620899
The thread is still up, check the one before the previous thread
>>
File: 1432347292233.jpg (719KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1432347292233.jpg
719KB, 1000x800px
Bouta drop the LOAD

>Jacques Brel - À l'Olympia
It’s fucking great. The energy, the songwriting, the performance, the recording, the slight variations…it’s all here. Probably my favorite from the whole Brel catalogue, and I’m super excited to try out the rest of this guy’s catalogue. Would highly rec this, but listen to some of his studio stuff first.

>Republika - 1984
Okay when tf is this band supposed to start getting bad? Out of everything I’ve heard by them so far pretty much nothing is less than great. The melodies aren’t anything special, but super active, creative, and satisfying. If you have any interest in post-punk/coldwave and want something a bit more hyper, I would highly rec these guys.

>Hermeto Pascoal - Zabumbê-bum-á
For something tagged as “Avant-Garde” it surprisingly accessible. Perhaps the fusion elements subdue this a bit and make it slightly more easy on the ears, but I really thought this was wonderful. The A-side has a lot of interesting latin-influenced jazz pieces which really play with expectations and progress in interesting fashions. The more traditional stuff on side-B was great, albeit a bit less exciting. Highly rec.

>La Vida Bohème - Nuestra
CRIMINALLY overlooked. The only songs on this I really didn’t like were the s/t track and “Calle Barcelona”. Comparing this to Indie Rock and Post-Punk Revival is a great disservice, as it sounds nothing like any of the bands it shares those titles with. In fact, I’d wager that most people would draw parallels to LCD Soundsystem’s first two albums, especially in tracks like “Radio Captial” and “Huxley”. Nothing that will throw you for a loop, but consistent and fun as shit.

1/5 (lol)
>>
File: 1432339933862.jpg (94KB, 1677x1118px) Image search: [Google]
1432339933862.jpg
94KB, 1677x1118px
>>72621280

>戸川純 & ヤプーズ - 裏玉姫
Jun Togawa’s Tamahime-Sama is considered an unsung classic to some, but I could never get into it. However, when her music is fused with Yapoos’ synth work here, her music starts to make much more sense. Still, I’m not really sold on here vocal style and this VERY 80s sound as a whole, but this live album could definitely be something I could see someone else digging the shit out of.

>Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 - Admonishing the Bishops
I admire two of this band’s outputs a LOT, and everything else is just okay to me. This EP between Mother of All Saints and Strangers From the Universe certainly doesn’t bridge the insane gap towards the two, but proves how great TFUL282 were in their prime, even if this does feel like a slightly watered-down version of the later album. Two great songs (1 and 2) and two alright songs (2 and 4).

>Ornette Coleman - Change of the Century
You can’t hate on this for sure, but I find it a bit hard to love when comparing it with his other works. It’s, obviously, it’s certainly out there for 1960, but it’s no “Free Jazz”. The note-choice is unique and songwriting is great, but it’s no “The Shape of Jazz to Come”. It’s forward thinking and satisfying, but it’s no “Science Fiction”. It’s great, but can’t possibly hold its own when so much of his other stuff blows it out of the water. I have so much love for Mr. Coleman, but this one slightly disappointed me.

>Klaus Mitffoch – s/t
I really want to go on and on about how much I dug this, but listening again I’m just realizing how little of this was /incredible/ and how much was /eh/. There’s some really great, danceable, catchy post-punk cuts from this, but way too much filler crap. Worth a listen just for the good parts.

2/5
>>
File: le smile.png (1KB, 29x17px) Image search: [Google]
le smile.png
1KB, 29x17px
>>72621296

>阿部薫 - 木曜日の夜
Considering how much I didn’t like “Winter 1972” I expected a really shitty time. However, the playing here is much more diverse and adventurous. Abe really explores a wide range of timbres with his sax, and this is probably as good as an album that’s literally just 50 minutes of sax solos could possibly be. Track two is super incredible, and feels nowhere near 17 minutes long. The third track was about twice as long as it needed to be but not as it boring as it should’ve been.

>Maanam – s/t
I really dig the consistant energy, but a lot of these songs are super one-dimensional and don’t really do much for me. This probably has to do with a lot of the very obvious New Wave influence on here, which almost never gets me going. There were no tracks I hated or anything (save maybe track four), just really nothing that stuck out to me.

>World's End Girlfriend - Hurtbreak Wonderland
Just like his collaboration with MONO, surprisingly good for a modern post-rock release, albeit a bit less forward-thinking. I certainly like this guy’s style of song progression and, in general, structure of his albums, but there were so many super shitty elements of this. Every “glitch” moment on here, whether it be wonky song manipulation or fast breakbeat-esque 808s didn’t bode very well here. (Prepares for hampus to be condescending about not acknowledging surface-level music theory concepts in this album.)

>かえる目 - 拝借
Was expecting much more instrumentation with the “chamber” folk label on there, but what I got instead was surprisingly more minimal. I enjoyed the fusion of guitar and violin, but as the album went on, it became surprisingly more poppy and my interest faded. Peaceful, but uninteresting.

3/5
>>
File: PURE GUAUG.jpg (96KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
PURE GUAUG.jpg
96KB, 500x500px
>>72621313

>町田康 - どてらいやつら
The sound collage bits were pretty interesting, and imo this is probably as good as a synth punk album could possibly be to me. Much less “wild and crazy” than advertised, but a unique experience nonetheless. Would highly rec if this genre is your gig, because lord knows it’s not mine.

>The Gerogerigegege - 愛人
Like a lot of Gero output, it’s a funny, slightly interesting concept, but nothing that I would really seek out or highly rec anyone. The song is catchy, even with the layers of noise, but not much more than concept.

> Gospel - The Moon Is a Dead World
Ya know, it’s not the screamo/post-hardcore parts that make this album shitty. In fact, I think this album’s energy is its most redeeming factor that carries it for so long. What sucks shit are the djent-esque “progressive” moments and changeups that completely ruin the energy and flow of any given track. “Golden Dawn” is a unique exception to this rule, and probably the only song on here I enjoyed every second of. Every other track is shitty or has some really shitty section. Didn’t hate, but

>チャクラ - さてこそ
Lol that fucking myunmyunmyun track. This singing style might be easier on me if the music was actually as all over the place as the vocalist pretends it is. かなしばり is a fantastic example of an album that does this style much better. Idk it’s not terrible it’s just not for me at all.

>Ensemble Pittoresque - For This Is Past
I’ve come to love a lot of the Minimal Wave genre as of recent (Space Museum being one of my new favorite discoveries) but you might want to put a cap on what “minimal” means when you’re creating this kind of music. I enjoyed some of it, but the music just sounds bored with itself, and the singer just wants to take a nap. The fastro review for this had me laughing for a good minute.

4/6 (lol oops)
>>
>>72621296
>Two great songs (1 and 2) and two alright songs (2 and 4).
:thinking:
>>
File: daltrey thos beans.jpg (225KB, 640x621px) Image search: [Google]
daltrey thos beans.jpg
225KB, 640x621px
>>72621333

>Fabrizio De André - Non al denaro non all'amore né al cielo
I always hold that lyricism is an overrated musical concept, but when it comes to singer/songwriter music, the way lyrics usually intertwine with the music at hand I usually find an important element. Not speaking a word of Italian here I think really hindered my enjoyment of this album. Not to mention, the songwriting is /good/ but nothing I’d really write home about, or to ignore the heavy lyricism that I can’t hope to understand. Not a bad album for sure, but I could never see myself enjoying much of this.

>Man Man - Six Demon Bag
Man Man gets mad props from me for their really great instrument playing. However, the Bungle-esque songwriting totally isn’t for me. I was always in a state in between fascinated and disgusted. Just enough to keep me reeled in, but not enough to really ever be enjoying myself.

>Nails - You Will Never Be One of Us
As much as I love Unsilent Death, this just felt lazy. The eight-minute track is largely overstayed, and almost nothing is as memorable as their debut. About the same amount of energy with about an eighth of the staying power.

>Envy - A Dead Sinking Story
I was READY do have my COCK AND BALLS blown away after that first track. Seriously “Chain Wandering Deeply” is so fantastic and if you vibe with screamo/post-hardcore at all you need to check it out. The rest trades off between mindless filler and empty nothingness. Don’t listen to the rest of this album. It’s bad.

5/6 (we're so close I'm so sorry)
>>
File: new flippin chart.jpg (4MB, 3220x3220px) Image search: [Google]
new flippin chart.jpg
4MB, 3220x3220px
>>72621361

> Ought - More Than Any Other Day
I feel really bad distributing such a low score to this album. It’s for sure not bad, in fact, there’s probably not a single bad moment on this album. However, there isn’t a single good song either. It’s so vanilla, safe, and barely passible that it really leaves a shitty taste in my mouth. Doesn’t do post-punk as “revivalist” as offensively as others, but it sure dabbles in indie tendencies that don’t please me at all. Not offensively bad, just offensively plain.

>The Dresden Dolls
It’s bad. I don’t like the singer’s vocal inflections (or voice in general) and I think the fusion of “””punk””” attitudes and Dark Cabaret don’t work at all. Can we fucking knock it off with Dark Cabaret? Only like two people have ever done it right ever. No.

Wrappin' it up next time.

>>72621351
I meant 1 and 3 whoops
>>
>>72621375
>not a single good song on more than any other day
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 2252939.jpg (73KB, 500x986px) Image search: [Google]
2252939.jpg
73KB, 500x986px
where is Zane?

this is for him

https://mega.nz/#!1gpjQYyY!pwwjOXHm1UYXGmVxhNEVgelehnmYG8JI3VEBpYRoxmo

new Oxbow
>>
>>72621392
yep
>>
hoping the listenalongs progressively get worse tbqh

>>72620936
Snoof Jozz will forever be the legendary listenalong pan desu
>>
>>72621280
>>72621296
>>72621313
>>72621333
>>72621361
>>72621375
uuuuuh shiggy diggy

is this a weekly recap or how long did it take you to listen
>>
>>72621375
>It’s bad.
>
>
>
>>
File: may chart.png (4MB, 3220x3220px) Image search: [Google]
may chart.png
4MB, 3220x3220px
What should I hear first off this?

>>72621408
yeah I just haven't done any reviews in like a week but kept listening to stuff so it built up

>>72621410
yep
>>
File: neuerevorlage2notyankversion.png (2MB, 1780x1610px) Image search: [Google]
neuerevorlage2notyankversion.png
2MB, 1780x1610px
thrash metal but it's angry and the quality is crappy and it's boring and thank god not too long
>>
>>72621447
new Oxbow
>>
>>72621410
What does the Holy Roman Empire have to do with this?
>>
>>72621375
Sun Coming Down is better and a little more unique but I legitimately think Ought is one of the best revivals because at least they have a unique voice and don't seem to be retreading old ground
>>
>>72621469
>What does the Holy Roman Empire have to do with this?
>
>
>
>>
>>72621447
RADIATOR

!!!
>>
>>72621492
>I legitimately think Ought is one of the best revivals because at least they have a unique voice and don't seem to be retreading old ground
It's not exactly stiff competition but I'd agree

>>72621467
>>72621514
okay boys ;)
>>
>>72621447
All the stuff I rec'd
and after that a few but not much more because the rest is mostly bad
>>72621509
I just don't see the relation.
>>
>>72621375
sicc job
how can u say Weather Song and Habit aren't good songs tho :{}
>>
>>72621524
Lol true
>>
>>72621604
like this
"Weather Song and Habit aren't good songs tho :{}"
>>
>>72621553
there is none
>>
I still can't believe Big Boots is coming out in a month. What a fucking time to be alive.
>>
>>72621614
wow
sharp...
>>
>>72621629
why the HRE meme then
>>
>>72621676
I was making a triple implication that it is bad by using three memearrows.
>>
>>72620597
thank u pal
need recs from letov and jangle
>>72621492
ought sounds like the fall to me desu
>>
>>72621710
no memes then?
baka
at least we have new Oxbow
>>
>>72621815
new Oxbow
>>
>>72621750
I think the vocal style takes inspiration from the fall for sure but beyond that I'm not sure. Granted I listened to Ought way more than the Fall
>>
>>72621447
The 6 hour memebient album
>>
>>72621911
new Oxbow?
>>
Listened to 5 mins of listenalong. Might be my first no-show boys
>>
File: hah.png (1MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
hah.png
1MB, 1732x1732px
guys
i fit the image perfectly onto the square
>>
>>72621960
>implying actually listening to the listenalong is a requirement for reviewing it
literally just say "I didn't finish it. It was bad."
>>
File: cover.jpg (389KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
389KB, 1400x1400px
>Cerebrotonia by Eye Candy
This is a very pleasant debut
>>
>>72622017
Wouldn't be honorable. Ok, I'll listen to it
>>
lol
>>
>>72621447
Get Up With It
>>
>>72622089
lol
>>
>>72622089
>negative karma
Create a new account
>>
>>72621878
yeah the vocals are a definite. to be fair i listened to sun coming down once and really didnt like it. i should relisten sometime soon
>>72622089
lel
>>
>>72621991
yikes
>>
File: 1494094113645.png (1MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1494094113645.png
1MB, 1732x1732px
HITHITHIT
>>
File: new Oxbow.jpg (16KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
new Oxbow.jpg
16KB, 640x640px
>>72621849
>>72621398
>>72621467
>>72621954
>>72621815
new Oxbow
>>
File: listenalong.png (1MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong.png
1MB, 1732x1732px
>>72620936
snuff jazz good
>>
>>72622320
stop posting
>>
>>72622354
new Oxbow
>>
File: new.png (44KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
new.png
44KB, 640x640px
>>72622354
>>
>>72622412
Lmao
>>
File: new oxbow.jpg (43KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
new oxbow.jpg
43KB, 1200x1200px
>>72622354
>>
listenalong getting panned hard wew

who's up next tho and what do you have in store
>>
>>72622386
>>
>>72622439
Hopefully something worse
>>
File: demon think.png (222KB, 278x204px) Image search: [Google]
demon think.png
222KB, 278x204px
>>72622445
are you me
>>
>>72622439
flyingicewizard is next

listening to the listenalong now this is.... uh
>>
File: IMG_0064.png (497KB, 389x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0064.png
497KB, 389x326px
>>72622462
demon
>>
>>72622462
but
>>
File: demon flustered.png (1MB, 471x696px) Image search: [Google]
demon flustered.png
1MB, 471x696px
>>72622529
yes
>>
File: IMG_0402.jpg (739KB, 1547x1535px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0402.jpg
739KB, 1547x1535px
I was unable to find a way to listen to the actual album of Carol's Last Live, so instead I listened to a YouTube video of a concert film of the concert in question. It's possible my enjoyment was hindered by the poor recording quality, but it just seems like a bunch of boring, semi-bluesy pub rock songs. There's nothing terrible, but it's just so plain and generic, even more so than some of the albums I've listened to on here. Not very good at all.

3-
>>
>>72622545
haha ur doing a thing
>>
>>72622496
...fun?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>72622665
more like...off by one
>>
File: Elend.png (1MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
Elend.png
1MB, 1732x1732px
>>
>>72622807
>>72622363
>>72622320
fugg
sort this shit out will you, I'm off to bed
>>
File: 1494096731433.png (1MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1494096731433.png
1MB, 1732x1732px
>>72622826
gotchu

this is current version
>>
File: 1492400809690.png (204KB, 540x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492400809690.png
204KB, 540x480px
>Neoclassical Darkwave
if there has ever been a meme genre, that is it
>>
>>72622826
fucking aussies lol
>>
>>72622882
coming from the resident meme genre expert idk if this is more or less believable
>>
>>72622921
i'd say vaporwave is (somehow) less up its own ass than neoclassical darkwave
>>
>>72622882
ECM Style Jazz is a bigger meme
>>
>>72623022
Dogevillage is the biggest meme of all tho
>>
>>72622939
surely future funk is worse
>>
>>72623310
future funk isn't music
>>
File: daily.jpg (419KB, 935x941px) Image search: [Google]
daily.jpg
419KB, 935x941px
jad fair & bill wells - whale

oh no. this album is made entirely out of jad fair's voice, with bill wells sampling it and editing it live. i love jad's voice over his half japanese stuff rooted in rock/pop but this is too much for me. it's 38 minutes of jad going oooh wee aaaah bububublblblb. only voice. i'll have to relisten sometime in the future but for now count me out.

space ponch - the world shopping with space ponch

this was really fun. it's sort of idm influenced electronic rhythm thingies. i'm not sure if space ponch is an animation or something but i figure this would work well as a soundtrack to one.

koharu kisaragi - tokai no seikatsu

this one was very good. very influenced by her 80s experimental japanese pop peers i suspect. there's a ton of variety on this from show tune-like stuff to ambient to good old catchy quirky synthpop. will be regularly listening for sure.

liturgy - the ark work

i wasn't expecting much from this from all of the things i've seen about it on daily but i enjoyed it a lot. i love minimalism, especially in in places where its a lot less common and sequencer and midi type stuff is a HUGE weak spot for me. i absolutely love the whole midi sound and adding that to black metal is a really cool concept. the songs were tackled very well. the riffs were all sweet which is necessary for something like this. i'll be listening again a couple times i think. are the other liturgy albums like this one?

少年ホームランズ - 少年ホームランズ12

i'm pretty sure this is a halmens spin off band, so of course its going to be really fun. it has a reaccuring certain guitar sound on all of the songs that i'm not sure what the technical name of. tremolo maybe? its a nice sound and this album is packed full of quirky japanese pop that i can never get enough of.
>>
>>72623484
oops i forgot to post with name on
>>
Man, Social Justice Whatever is really really good.
>>
>>72623484
Do European echoes next
>>
>>72623548
Does it have any of the cool electronic stuff like Judas Inside or is it mostly a sound collage
>>
File: 1494096954420.png (1MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
1494096954420.png
1MB, 1732x1732px
>>
File: IMG_0404.jpg (740KB, 1544x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0404.jpg
740KB, 1544x1536px
It's somewhat hard to explain why I like this album so much, but I really do. Jun Togawa's Tamahime-sama is playful, haunting, and beautiful all at once. It's a brilliant art pop album, with the sometimes sparse and mechanical, sometimes baroque instrumentation complimenting Togawa's distinctively high-pitched voice very well. There are some points where her voice becomes genuinely unsettling, though that's certainly not a bad thing. My personal favorite track would have to be the fourth, which features an almost ambient, spacey instrumental with uncomfortably tinny keyboard sprinkled throughout over a somewhat subdued performance by Togawa. The album benefits from it's brevity, only a half an hour, and I can see myself coming back to this one quite often.

8+
>>
>>72623484
after Euro Echoes pls do Hipgrave
>>
>>72623660
>everyone but transgod hates it
universal pan confirmed
>>
>>72619835
hey is this album good
>>
>>72623704
no
>>
>>72623704
perhaps
>>
>>72623698
channers are chuunis in denial
yesallchanners
>>
>>72623754
no actually
>>
>>72623638
It has some of the cool electronic stuff, but is mostly focused on the sound collage I would say.
>>
File: IMG_2407.png (242KB, 728x728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2407.png
242KB, 728x728px
>>72623698
So are me and mark transgod-pilled now or something
>>
>>72623803
I guess I'll check it out, but I wasn't a huge fan of the YTP elements from No Lives Matter

>>72623862
time to listen to ismfof
>>
>>72623862
hmm

that depends

I forget whether Trans legitimately likes Immortal Life or not so it all comes down to that for me
>>
>>72623548
>>72623878
>I wasn't a huge fan of the YTP elements from No Lives Matter
you won't like sjw much then.
>>
File: IMG_1773.jpg (63KB, 750x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1773.jpg
63KB, 750x594px
>>72623878
>crunkcore
>pop punk
>Nintendocore

Holy shit
>>
File: tumblr_om6sqal8nW1uti1rro2_400.png (120KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_om6sqal8nW1uti1rro2_400.png
120KB, 300x300px
>>72624124
>nothing but catchy-as-hell parts following other catchy-as-hell parts
>GOAT harsh vocals
>dem feels
>dem lyrics
>all drenched in vintage internet humor
holy shit indeed
>>
>>72624375
are you guys talking about The Ark Work?
>>
>>72624375
>dat soulja boy
>>
>>72621657
First Oxbow and now this??
What a magical time to be alive
>>
Metal more like shit
>>
File: IMG_1109.jpg (8KB, 122x122px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1109.jpg
8KB, 122x122px
I'm never listening to another Oxbow album until we stop memeing it here

>>72623669
This seems interesting, thanks for review

>>72624375
hahahhahaa "vintage internet humor"

>>72624410
My favorite part about that album was how it sampled the coin collection sounds from the famous "Sonic the Hedgehog" series
>>
File: 1481068911914.jpg (39KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1481068911914.jpg
39KB, 500x380px
y do u not like my album
>>
>>72624639
See
>>72623660
>>
>>72624639
because it's bad
>>
>>72624550
humor back then was way better than the SHIT MEMES we have now ! < this sentence can only be read ironically which is part of the problem, you see
>>72624639
you really shoulda picked some slam tho
>>
>>72624701
you mean $l@m?
>>
>>72620052
good taste
>>72620779
<_>
>>72621398
thanks bud, but i got it, your albums should be done monday since that shit is like 4 hours long (i'm really excited for it though)
>>72623660
<3
>>72624701
fuck you're right
>>
>>72624550
no prob senpai
>>
>>72624767
p sure the only reason i liked it more than anyone else is that i heard it once before the listenalong. it's a terrible terrible format and probably only good for making memes, just like this thread at large
>>
File: no youre not steve.jpg (11KB, 478x105px) Image search: [Google]
no youre not steve.jpg
11KB, 478x105px
I'd appreciate it much if someone could recc me some stuff

my top 5 in no order except for Bowie #1
>David Bowie
>Interpol
>Radiohead
>Joy Division
>Blur

I also like Definitely Maybe from Oasis and also their song Listen Up

also worth mentioning pre-AM bs album Arctic Monkeys and Talking Heads

reccs are very much appreciated
>>
File: IMG_0443.jpg (738KB, 1542x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0443.jpg
738KB, 1542x1536px
Welcome Plastics is a fun, manic New Wave album that while not one of my favorites in the genre, is a treat to listen to. The band synthesize the best elements of Devo and The B-52's, and make a record that hits all of the right notes for the genre. My personal favorite track would have to be the catchy Too Much Information, though there really aren't any bad songs on here. A pleasant listen that certainly deserves it's place on this list.

7+
>>
>>72625694
Eno

Ps you sound like a fetus babby
>>
>>72625775
what do you mean a fetus baby, I was trying to be nice bc it's a /daily/ not some circlejerk thread
>>
>>72625694
hmm, maybe:
Motorama
Утpo
The Chameleons
>>
>>72625694
Liars - WIXIW
She Bit Her Lip - Viiv

>>72625807
They mean that your taste sounds like it's from a circlejerk thread t b h
>>
>>72625807
but my friend
daily is a circlejerk thread
>>
>>72625807
>/daily/
>not some circlejerk thread
oh
>>
>>72625694
idk maybe something that's not british pop rock that stuff can be nice too
>>
File: new.png (1MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
new.png
1MB, 1732x1732px
>>
>>72625889
>>72623660
>>
>>72625694
eno - before and after science
eno - taking tiger mountain
eno - here come the warm jets
eno - another green world
eno and david byrne - my life in the bush of ghosts
>>
>>72625889
real talk how much did stick pay zane
>>
>>72625863
>>72625851
ahm em i think he was being ' ironic ' you see
>>
>>72625889
how does one get in on these listen alongs
>>
>>72625998
/daily/ gold membership
>>
>>72626022
i've got $700 dollars and i'm not afraid to lose it
>>
>>72625930
will fix, one sec.
>>
File: schedule.png (21KB, 311x807px) Image search: [Google]
schedule.png
21KB, 311x807px
>>72626044
that's enough, you are in
>>
File: rubber.png (2MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
rubber.png
2MB, 1732x1732px
UPDATED
>>
>>72626095
Me too please
>>
File: neu oxbow.png (263KB, 768x553px) Image search: [Google]
neu oxbow.png
263KB, 768x553px
>>72622438
>>
>>
File: schedule.png (22KB, 310x830px) Image search: [Google]
schedule.png
22KB, 310x830px
>>72626289
>>
>>72625844
>They mean that your taste sounds like it's from a circlejerk thread t b h
lmao then I'd have included Kanye, Ocean and Captain Beefheart in the same list

>>72625851
wew true, I meant to say a thread where everyone just spouts shit on everyone else instead of giving actual reccs kinda like /chart/

>>72625864
only Oasis and Arctic Monkeys are to be considered british pop rock, Blur I like more their s/t which is no longer britpop, but well, yeah, I also like a lot Modern Life is Rubbish and Parklife, so I'll give you that one.

>>72625952
thx
>>
>>72626333
wonderful christmastime is great desu
>>
>>72626522
>Captain Beefheart circlejerk
Bitch
WHERE

I'm tryna get in on this
>>
File: 92 listenalong Elend.png (2MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
92 listenalong Elend.png
2MB, 1732x1732px
>>
File: daily.png (3MB, 2614x1680px) Image search: [Google]
daily.png
3MB, 2614x1680px
non-review time

Blind Willie Nelson - The Complete Blind Willie Nelson
I really didn't like this at first. Once side 2 came around though I was hooked. I dunno if his voice mellowed out as it went on or I just began to get used to it, but it definitely got better on side 2, save for the obvious Dark Was the Night on side 1. I'm not going to pretend this was life-changing to me, but it was good.

Cocteau Twins - Treasure
This album sure is a treasure hee hee. No but really, it was good. Very good.

Tuxedomoon - Desire
Some neat moments but I feel it's too drawn out in its attempt to create atmosphere over everything else. The first track was very good and so was In the Name of Talent but overall it was decent but not cohesive enough for my taste.

what next
>>
>>72626737
Tub balls
>>
>>72626737
HEAVEN R LAS VEGAS BICH
>>
>>72626749
>>72626765
imma do listenalong then these
>>
>>72626785
heaven or las vegas is really special hope you like it
>>
File: listenalong92.png (2MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong92.png
2MB, 1732x1732px
one more upd8
>>
File: cmon_zane.png (2MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
cmon_zane.png
2MB, 1732x1732px
>>
>>72625864
>>72626522
depends on how strictly you define pop rock, or british
>>
And tips for photoshoot music? I know it sound stupid, but I'm curious if you guys can come up with some stuff.
>>
>>72627106
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKoftlq_n2A
>>
>>72627106
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE87RujMWDg
>>
File: wtf.png (2MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
2MB, 1732x1732px
>Rec something for a listenalong
>It goes down by .1 points in a day
WE DID IT REDDIT
>>
>>72627106
https://youtu.be/LTdC5Jyooe8
perfect for any shoot
>>
>>72626522
>Kanye, Ocean, and Beefheart
one of these is not like the other
>>
>>72627243
also jimmy jazz wtf is your score and why did you use a pic of harry styles
>>
>>72627319
looks like 6.9 with "trash" written over it in smol
>>
save room on the listenalong so i can pan it too pls thank u
>>
>>72626382
hey can u move me to pom's spot on the schedule? he said it was fine. i talk to him on other places
>>
File: 1493435944165.jpg (76KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
1493435944165.jpg
76KB, 620x387px
>unheard o'rourke record
>folk rock is in the secondaries
>>
Fuck, so much of my backlog is
A) based around lyrics (yuck)
B) just watching popular music inch forward incorporating changes that have been well established in the underground (snore)
>>
File: no.png (2MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
2MB, 1732x1732px
wew

>>72627592
lmao
>>
>>72627592
gonna need a link desu
>>
>>72627640
I guess Veneer of Democracy is still the worst listenalong
>>
>>72627666
not sure what makes you say that, but satan trips confirm
>>
File: rip.png (147KB, 844x590px) Image search: [Google]
rip.png
147KB, 844x590px
>>
who is/are oxbow
>>
>>72627319
>>72627380

and thats lizzy you fishdong
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>72627719
if you told them it's some unknown contemporary of scriabin they'd probably like it more
but tbf if you told me that i'd probably like it less
>>
>>72627666
naah
>>
>>72627844
maybe we'd like it more if it wasn't bad
>>
>>72620028
Mother 3
>>
>>72627844
we'd probably like it more if it wasn't stringy strangy suck my wangy *choir vocals* repeat x100000
>>
File: 1489463885899.jpg (95KB, 529x399px) Image search: [Google]
1489463885899.jpg
95KB, 529x399px
Before shilling:
>4.12 from friends
After shilling:
>2.23 from friends
>>
>>72627719
Here's before listenalong
>tfw /daily/ is the last bastion of hope for RYM
>>72627941
Lmao
>>
File: haha.png (2MB, 1732x1732px) Image search: [Google]
haha.png
2MB, 1732x1732px
>>72621604
easily the best tracks
>>72621614
yer wrong you are
>>
File: 6-5-2017.png (1MB, 1064x756px) Image search: [Google]
6-5-2017.png
1MB, 1064x756px
I had a lot of freetime so I just decided to listen to a lot. Will probably back to most of these and give them another listen. But my first impressions were:
Both GY!BE albums were pretty good but I did prefer Asunder.
Californication was okay but not an album I can imagine revisiting anytime soon.
Melody's Echo Chamber is something I'll come back to, I thought it was pretty nice and chill.
New Morning was meh, save for The Man in Me.
Decided to listen to Gunfighter Ballads after having listened to some Dylan the past couple of days, particularly Nashville Skyline (which I really enjoyed), was very pleasantly surprised, really liked it. Does anyone know if any of Marty's other stuff is good? Or any similar albums or artists worth giving a shot?
On a related note, I've only really scratched the surface with Post-Rock and I want more. Already listened to Swans and GY!BE and loved them both but I'm wondering what else I should look into. Might give Sigur Ros another try.
Blog over lol.
>>
>>72627893
>>72627869
nah you'd like it more if you looked at it as Satania theme music
it kinda makes me wanna finish that show
>>
File: bowox.jpg (601KB, 1086x656px) Image search: [Google]
bowox.jpg
601KB, 1086x656px
>>72627755
hire me for all your professional photoshop needs
>>
>>72628107
>I would enjoy an album more if I looked at it as an anime theme song
what?
>>
>>72628067
I like this Dylan aesthetic a lot. Check out Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid. It's all laidback in "The Man in Me" style
>>
File: IMG_0444.jpg (738KB, 1543x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0444.jpg
738KB, 1543x1536px
Murahachibu's Live is a tour-de-force of grimy, garagey blues rock that ultimately ends up muddled by how little they actually vary in their sound. They're all great performers, and the gravely, raspy vocals compliment the playing wonderfully, but the whole album ultimately ends up blending together a lot of the time. There are some definite standouts, sure, like the driving Gunya Gunya, and the instrumental funk breakdown of Jyokyoku, but the whole thing just feels too long for it's own good. That's not necessarily the fault of the album itself, the length a natural part of it being a live album, but I just wish they could have possibly curated it down to the best pieces, or possibly just made a studio album (which they never did). I can see my opinion of this improving more than most albums on here, however, and I'd be willing to give it a second chance... in a while.

6+
>>
File: dailycore2.jpg (4MB, 2822x4239px) Image search: [Google]
dailycore2.jpg
4MB, 2822x4239px
Not bad s. Overall: 3.66

>Eliane Radigue - Trilogie de la mort

Being completely honest, listening to this felt like a chore. It was one of those things where you wanted it to be over, but after listening for what felt like 30 minutes, you'd check and see only 10 minutes had passed. It makes me sad that I didn't enjoy it, because the aesthetic of it really appeals to me, and this would definitely be something my super patrician alter ego would love. That person just wasn't me today, however. Regardless of all this, I would definitely not deny that it did have a comfy and warm ambiance to it, and I would probably listen to it if I needed something to block out noise while studying or something.

2.5/5
>Natural Snow Buildings - The Dance of the Moon and the Sun

AMAZING atmosphere. The droney, ambient (and better) cousin of Mount Eerie. There were many moments where I couldn't help but smile, an example being the track Wisconsin. Definitely staying-in-a-cabin-during-a-snowstorm-core. Only real downside was that it did not need to be as long as it did, and that it could have made the same (and perhaps better) impression on me had it been half its length.

4/5
>>
/daily/, what's some music you love for the lyrics?
>>
File: fat demon.png (111KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
fat demon.png
111KB, 168x168px
>>72628291
itaots
>>
>>72628291
normie answer time
anco and csh
>>
>>72628291
I really like Yes for this, even though their lyrics are mostly nonsense. They just sound nice and trigger feels for me.
And pretty much anything by MF Doom.
>>
File: IMG_4040.jpg (35KB, 220x284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4040.jpg
35KB, 220x284px
>>72628145
>>72628263
Hey friends please swap Allegra for pic related:
Negativland - Fair Use (book) / Dead Dog Records (CD)
>>
>>72628291
Lyrics are a meme
>>
File: thinking.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>72628378
>book

also there was one other person who told me to swap something out and i never did, forget what/ who it was. paging whoever you are
>>
>>72628291
leonard cohen 100%
>>72628263
trilogie is one of the goat drone albums just sayin but the length is a lot
>>
>>72628430
Yeah listen to Dead Dog Records, it came with the book. But the book is amazing, if you see it buy it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StV9lElcvAY

Anyone got similar tracks? Their other stuff is okay. I just love this one track.
>>
>>72628378
>>72628467
anyone have a link to the rym page? can't find it
>>72628436
to me it felt pretty emotionless, unlike some other drone I've heard. in general though i'm kind of a pleb when it comes to this genre anyways
>>
>>72628507
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/negativland/fair-use-the-story-of-the-letter-u-and-the-numeral-2/
>>
>>72628507
it's just the most pure drone out there for me. i can do anything to it. study, sleep, jog. it's so ethereal and relaxing and then if u listen close it's really detailed. but again i get it's a lot

(ngl its a bit triggering to see it rated among hopsin in yr 2.5s tho lmao)
>>
>>72628555
hopsin is only a 2.5 because i listened to him when i was like 12, he's objectively worse then her, don't worry
>>72628528
updated, thanks
>>
>>72625694
uh hold up until I'm back home I've got some recs

>>72626095
jeez I forgot how late I am

>>72628291
modest mouse ofc but I think half of it is the delivery
>>
>>72627655
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jim_orourke/united_red_army__soundtrack_/
>>
my friend whose taste is the embodiment of r/indieheads is asking me to rec him "experimental music"

what do?
>>
>>72628694
boredoms
>>
>>72628694
Rec them experimental music
>>
>>72628679
thx. have you heard his burt bacharach cover album he did with his musician friends? its more great pop/rock o'rourke
>>
>>72628694
Tom Glazer
>>
>>72628694
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/blanche_blanche_blanche/breaking_mirrors/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/even_oxen/arrayed_above_the_seraphim_lights/
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/jim_orourke/halfway_to_a_threeway/
>>
>>72628758
not yet, but i am systematically going through everything he's ever made in order, so it's on the list.
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/rodriguez_gets_hit_by_a_car_while_carrying_a_cake/
>>
>>72628506
Anyone?
>>
>>72628772
i'd choose wooden ball or open session rock to rec to them over breaking mirrors desu, more catchy i think
>>
Fish

Minor Threat's discography is probably the best punk rock compilation i've ever heard

thanks
>>
>>72628694
stereolab maybe
>>
>>72628832
he wanted experimental
(that's also possibly their best album outside of wink with both eyes btw)
>>
>>72628841
Ugh this minor threat hype is such a circlejerk
>>
>>72628291
The Books

>>72628145
>>72628107
nvm i remember why i dropped it, all the fun stuff was in the first ep or first two, not sure anymore just this is hella dang boring, forget i said anything

>>72628694
the umbersun
>>
>>72628694

Jameszoo - Fool
Miles Whittaker - Faint Hearted
Yves Tumor - Serpent Music
Mike Vainio - In The Land Of The Blind One-Eyed Is King

super """"experimental"""" to make them feel like theyre cool (when it actually isnt)

>>72628875
I don't even like punk, but I think the compilation encapsulated the genre very well
>>
>>72628985
>Yves Tumor - Serpent Music
this is a good call
>>
>>72628985
oh so the comp is shit but because the genre is also shit it's like good got it
>>
>>72628694
literally the weird frontier (opn blunt arco ferraro)
>>
>>72628694
New oxbow
>>72628291
New oxbow
>>72627106
New oxbow
>>
>>72629039
i am not surprised you like that lmao

>>72629039
that's about right yeah

>>72629043
DO THIS
>>
>>72629011
hey rod why'd you add this and how'd you find it

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/prikc/dont_enjoy_this/
>>
>>72628841
Right? Front to back it's unrelenting and nearly perfect. I'm glad you enjoy it.
>>
>>72629269
some bandcamp thread i think. completely forgot that existed.
>>
>>72628841
>>72629330
i heard this like 6 years ago and don't remember it being anything special
maybe ill put it on my next chart and give it another shot
>>
>>72629357
Oh brother
>>
>>72629384
what music would you rather we talk about anonymous?
>>
>>72629435
how about fishmans
>>
>>72629450
alright go ahead
>>
>>72629450
Oh brother
>>
File: minorass.jpg (483KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
minorass.jpg
483KB, 1000x1000px
>>72629384
for you

and for next thread :^)
>>
>Tubular Bells
>93 issues
wew
>>
File: harumph.png (91KB, 442x511px) Image search: [Google]
harumph.png
91KB, 442x511px
Oh bother
>>
File: thinking4.png (7KB, 247x101px) Image search: [Google]
thinking4.png
7KB, 247x101px
shouldn't it be the fishmen
>>
>>72605775
>compilation

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/pere_ubu/terminal_tower__an_archival_collection/
>>
>>72630432
yes but it's not
>>
>>72630432
fishmans [sic]
>>
Dälek - Absence (2005)
>abstract hip hop, conscious hip hop, industrial hip hop

Musically, one of the most enveloping, powerful, and apocalyptic hip hop records I've ever heard. Shits all over Death Grips in terms of pure power and in terms of utilizing an industrial sound and aesthetic perfectly in a hip hop context without ever sacrificing the experimental nature of the genre. A few pure dark ambient tracks help this, but seriously a lot of these beats sound straight out of an Einstürzende Neubauten record. That's not to say they aren't suited well for hip hop, because most of the beats totally fucking bang, "Distorted Prose", especially. I love the production to death, but the ambient interludes seem pointless, and I'm not sold on the MC, really. The lyrics are a tad too hammy, despite making a few good points, the delivery is super
over-the-top, and the vocals are mixed super low, which I guess adds to the shoegaze influence here. Pretty minor issue, though, because this is by far one of the best-produced hip hop records I've ever heard.

3.0+

The Tony Williams Lifetime - Emergency! (1969)
>jazz fusion

Williams' vocals are awful, I need to get that out of the way first. He's an incredible drummer, of course (dude drummed on Out to Lunch for god's sake), but his warbling vocals do nothing but take away from his pieces and the phenomenal instrumentation of his whole band. Besides the vocals, this is really good. Raw, sprawling fusion with huge amounts of influence from McLaughlin and his Mahavnishnu Orchestra, specifically regarding how psychedelic and rocky this whole album is. There aren't enough original ideas to really sustain 70 minutes, but this album is a whole slab of raw, messy, no frills fusion with some absolutely sick performances, so I can't complain much.

3.0-

(1/2)
>>
File: 50 Cool Albums Chart.png (3MB, 3220x1900px) Image search: [Google]
50 Cool Albums Chart.png
3MB, 3220x1900px
(2/2)

The Future Sound of London - Lifeforms (1994)
>ambient techno

Decent ambient techno with cool nature vibes that could stand to basically completely eliminate its second disc. The first disk is cool, it's a nice, evocative ambient exercise that plays with a lot of subtle, warm tones. And it makes me think of forests, so that's always a plus. The second disc is a lot more mechanical, and it doesn't work nearly as well. It's /very/ '90s, with a discernible big beat influence on a couple tracks, and the duo just doesn't pull the sound of well, and it clashes awfully with the first disc. A few cool tracks, but a totally failed exercise nonetheless.

2.5+

also i fucking adore this cover
>>
My internet is too slow to download album pics to update my chart lmao, it'll be a miracle if this post posts.

>>72605775 (@blapp)
Mississippi John Hurt - 1928 Sessions (Yazoo)

>>72630642
>dude drummed on Out to Lunch for god's sake
At 18 years old, no less.

>>72630596
more like:
fishmans [not sic]
>>
>>72630771
dreams DO come true!
>>
File: Freeform Chart 7.png (755KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 7.png
755KB, 1560x720px
At the Drive-In - in•ter a•li•a (2017)
>post-hardcore

Pretty much just what most people would expect from an At the Drive-In reunion. I can't say I really like them much to begin with, but they're a tight, punchy post-hardcore band and this album delivers on that sound in spades. Bixler-Zavala's vocals are a lot less over the top and more scratchy than they were on Relationship of Command, which is a damn good thing, but I still don't like them, and they definitely seem a lot less musically inventive here. It's decent post-hardcore, but it seems tired and totally non-energetic. Gotta give them props though, they came back just the way they were before. That may not appeal to me, but if you're a fan this should please you.

2.0+
>>
>>72630771
>fishmans [not sic]
shiggy diggy
>>
>>72630860
MODS
>>
>>72630860
MOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>72630860
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>72630860
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
(i turned 18 last week lmao)
>>
>>72630860
A 14 year old with that skill level would be VERY impressive!
>>
>>72630920
>>72630924
>>72630940
>>72630959
inb4 b&

>>72630994
I swear you make me younger each time
>>
>>72630860
M
>>
File: 1492474565980.jpg (108KB, 1228x693px) Image search: [Google]
1492474565980.jpg
108KB, 1228x693px
>>72631073
>inb4 b&
i dont want to have contributed to such a travesty
>>
How's it feel when the only good critic here is underage?
>>
>>72631121
he's better than you bitchtits
>>
>>72631121
but im 18 now
>>
>>72631121
despite what you might think i've finished highschool years ago
>>
quick get it to the bump limit
>>
>>72631135
That was my point bitch ass snitch ass
>>
>>72630860
Holy tits Nat I always forget how young you are
>>
>>72630860
wait haven't you been posting here for at least like 2 years
>>
>>72631230
easily more than that
>>
>>72631159
i can assure you, that i abundantly clear

>>72631230
>>72631241
jesus christ
>>
>>72631241
yeah I thought it was at least 3 but i lowballed it just to be safe
>>
>>72631121
>implying

>>72631230
almost 3

i was fourteen when I started
>>
>>72631159
*that is

>>72631263
i think you just age in reverse t b h
>>
>>72631263
Pretty sure ethyboy is talking about marcel, don't you worry
>>
>>72631263
>i was fourteen when I started
jesus I'd have been posting like an autistic fuck when I was 14 (I still do now but that's besides the point)
>>
To be totally fair I started using /mu/ when I was 14. I'm sure it's not that uncommon.

I was underage on /daily/ for a few months iirc
>>
>>72631289
Does marcel post here? I'm pissed he won't add me back on rym
>>
>>72631294
oh I did don't you worry

and I started in very early July 2014 so I was only 14 for like a week

>>72631335
he's been in plug a few times
>>
>>72631335
dont think he ever posted here
he did hang out in plug with us couple times tho
>>
>tfw never underageposted in my life

Have fun explaining this to the friggen police you ruffians
>>
is nat going to be b&? :(
>>
>>72631289
>>72631289
Marcel plugs from time to time, but lost relevancy on /mu/ when he decided to only start writing about really shitty bleeps and vapourwave.
>>
>>72631392
it's common knowledge I'm a bb I doubt it
>>
>>72631419
did you use your trip when you first started posting though?
>>
>>72631460
yup
>>
>>72631284
>>72631251
if that was supposed to be a snappy comeback i don't know what common implications it builds on so it's a kinda weird one gj i guess you innovated
>>
>>72631517
no it's not a comeback, more of a conclusion
>>
we need nu... unsafe information has been relseased heree.....
>>
>>72631485
wew
>>
>>72631406
Marcel is a fuckin leech
>>
>>72631326
yeah i started using /mu/ when i was 14 too. i didnt post until this year tho. i definitely would have been 1000x more of a tardposter than i am now, and that says a lot
>>
>>72631653
>>72631653
come hither
>>72631653
>>72631653
>>
>>72631326
started browsing 4chan in general when i was 11 or 12. surprise surprise, it was on /b/.
Thread posts: 337
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.