[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LISA: The Colourful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: Week 1.png (58KB, 2200x2200px) Image search: [Google]
Week 1.png
58KB, 2200x2200px
Week 1

Still no team.
Still working solo.
Saving up for a decent computer.

Previous Thread: >>30659478

Premise:
This is the story about an anonymous individual who had locked themselves away.
Something has happened to bring humanity to it's perceivable end, but this does little to concern this person.
Despite the end of things, there is still a signal.
A video message is being broadcasted across the entire world and with it is your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
But you're not going anywhere.

Discord: https://discord.gg/xksqg7r
>>
>>30693158
Ok
I know who is anon. Who are the other weirdos?
>>
>>30693158
What does this have to do with mlp?
>>
>>30693250
it's about trying to go to equestria via a portal i think
>>
>>30693356
That or take a shitload of joy to become a deformed horse
>>
File: Dr Pavel, I'm CIA.png (3KB, 135x135px) Image search: [Google]
Dr Pavel, I'm CIA.png
3KB, 135x135px
>>30693570
sounds about right to me
>>
>>30693570
that sounds gay
>>
>>30693158
Neat
>>
File: gays not welcome.jpg (44KB, 329x399px) Image search: [Google]
gays not welcome.jpg
44KB, 329x399px
>>30694520
It is extremely gay
>>
>>30694520
>>30696658
What did you expect in a world where the only surviving sex is the male?
>>
>>30693158
so homestuck?
>>
>>30693158
Seems you guys are making progress, I'm really happy about that. Keep up the good work.
>>
File: LISA The Colourful v2.png (92KB, 200x400px) Image search: [Google]
LISA The Colourful v2.png
92KB, 200x400px
>>30697918
Nope. Just me. Got a contact who's helping me to find others who'd wanna work on this, but as it stands right now it is a solo project which in itself is painful to look ahead to. So for now I'm just doing at least one sprite a day until I have a sizable cast of NPCs and enemies.

I did mention this in the OP.
>>
File: t1367965.gif (477KB, 1570x2148px) Image search: [Google]
t1367965.gif
477KB, 1570x2148px
>>30698022
Shit, I thought there was someone helping you with the real stuff already. I hope you won't abandon it though, best of luck to you, friend.

I've been thinking about some MLP-Lisa crossover art but I actually have zero ideas so I hope your luck is better than mine. Maybe there's something you'd like to see drawn? N-no promises though.
>>
>>30698095
Go check the draw thread.
>>
>>30698095
I´m not the anon working on this thing but I´ve got ideas if he takes in it the way I think it will , but i´m shit at drawing

Will ya fill in for me in that department? ( no need for promises of course )
>>
>>30698297
Well I don't really have any ideas of my own on this theme so if you have some please share. I'm not really a "proper" drawfag and I'm awfully lazy but I'll at least add them to my long "to do" list.
>>
>>30698022
sooooo are you a kid the whole time? Or do you become an adult via time skip and kinda go through hell in order to achieve your final goals?
>>
>>30698432
Straight-up have no idea, truth be told.
Really just focusing on character designs at the moment. Originally thought using VX Ace would be the answer but I probably gotta move on up to MV. Issue I have in general is my PC is a donkeh and my tablet's shitting up to the point where I can only use a tiny section of it to navigate the screen without it jumping.

>>30698378
If you can make something, go ahead and do it since there's never a bad time to do so.
>>
>>30698487
Are you the guy from the draw thread?
>>
>>30698507
I would be, yes.
As you can understand, I'm trying to cut down on any potential spoiler stuff but as it stands I haven't got a clue where things are going which is precisely what keeps me going.
Partly I'm trying to get more interest in to things by at least making contribution and regular updates.
I've been recommended to keep things quiet but working alone is a lot to deal with and I know my limitations. I'm no leader, that's for sure.
>>
>>30698558
So with the character designs, are all ponies joy mutants or just some ones who go off the deep end ?
>>
>>30698673
I'm not even really touching that sort of stuff yet and I know I shouldn't since despite having a simple premise laid out, I have no idea where I'm going to cut it. With folks asking 'Where's the pone?' it's very hard to reply when I'm trying to avoid pushing 'PONE' as a big aspect of the game, since 'PONE' as is is something people steer clear from, despite it playing influence to me even starting this project.

I just don't want things to degenerate in to memes and cultural references and fandom nods every five minutes or so.
>>
>>30698789
Yeah I feel you on that
No need to become a meme ourselves
>>
Hey what if the beginning of the game had some sort of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Questionnaire that would determine the size, shape, starting stats, and fighting style of anon? There doesn't have to be a billion different combinations, but probably something like 5-10 or so body types with about 5 classes.

I only say this because the green character with a question mark on his face, anonymous, is a character that represents a lot users here and is definitely a part of chan culture, and on top of that we all come from very different backgrounds. It'd be kinda fitting in a game that would star Anon as a playable character to have him be sort of customizable.
>>
>>30699995
>LISA: The Painful RPG
>a kickstarter project that made $16,492

>LISA fan game project
>by one guy
>doing this
>for
>f r e e
>>
File: 1495817241076.png (145KB, 274x274px) Image search: [Google]
1495817241076.png
145KB, 274x274px
I like the idea but I have little to no creative talent and I'm starting a full time job on Monday.
>>
>>30699995
( Not that one guy doing all this )
That's a fucking cool idea
>>
>>30699995
>>30701654
Say you wanted to do that. You finish laying out the overall story and now you have to work the protagonist in to it. Do you accomodate for the much more numerous character sprites you have to account for to work with every given scenario? Or do you stick to keeping things simplistic with something you can put out sooner without the need to overwork and stress yourself out on?
>>
>>30700801
you can juggle!
>>
>>30701959
You gotta include it into the scope of the project from the beginning. Most of the reactions from the different types of people can be split into 2-3 scenarios for any given interaction.

The way I imagine it (to make the work load seem less and more doable) is think about how different the game got when Brad interacted with Colombo for terry's life, or buzzo, or even the fucking road scholars. The actions usually came down to fight or have something taken from you, but it made the playthrough unique and fun when you either fought or gave stuff up. I don't know completely dude, but these sorts of stories take a lot of love and care for them to work out the way you want it too.

Plus on a side note the character creation shit is a sick idea and would truly be the start of something unique . Don't be afraid to pick a direction and walk towards it my man. I know there can be something cool here, something real
>>
>>30703597
Fuck man I sound like Sam hyde when he gives one of his retarded rants, but I guess what I'm trying to say is there are a couple of people in this thread that really dig this shit and are willing to help and work hard because something really cool can come of this should you actually try and work to make something special. Don't be afraid to work hard on this, it's not a waste of time
>>
>>30703687
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOT
>>
If any of you do have any submissions of art, sprites, other visual things that can be used as the base for some assets, music or whatever, you're free to post them here or on the discord linked in the OP. It's far easier to talk on there, truth be told.
>>
>>30693158
you wouldn't let someone cut off a horses teats
>>
>>30703687
I think he should drop his initial draft here. Maybe a few opinions can help
>>
>>30703583
I cannot juggle. Last time I tried I broke a window.
>>
Still in the process of one a day but I've been slacking since Thursday.
I can't promise I'll be able to make new threads for long after this since I really want to focus on what I'm doing.
As I've said a number of times already, I'd suggest the joining the discord if you really want to keep up to date with things but even then I don't really update unless someone asks.
>>
File: Wallace.png (3KB, 310x510px) Image search: [Google]
Wallace.png
3KB, 310x510px
>>
>>30703693
moot's dead, baby
>>
>>30698022
>painful
ayy
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.