[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LISA: The Colourful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Anon.png (3KB, 180x380px) Image search: [Google]
Anon.png
3KB, 180x380px
Previous Thread: >>30646254

Premise:
This is the story about an anonymous individual who had locked themselves away.
Something has happened to bring humanity to it's perceivable end, but this does little to concern this person.
Despite the end of things, there is still a signal.
A video message is being broadcasted across the entire world and with it is your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
It's time to go.

Themes:
Comedy; Dark Humour, Slapstick, Upbeat.
References to drug usage, alcohol and sex.
Mild violence.

Discord: https://discord.gg/xksqg7r
>>
Recruitment:
Seeking those of you with a shared interest in the premise as well as those of you who have previous experience in gamedev who can invest their time in to a short, yet enjoyable experience.
Experience with RPG Maker VX Ace is strongly recommended as is previous experience playing any of the LISA titles made by Dingaling.

FAQ:
Q.Where are the ponies?
A. Ponies will be involved at a later part of development.

Q. How do you expect for this to take off when the vast majority of projects either fall flat on their faces, get in to serious cases of drama and result in cancellation?
A. I'm hoping to keep things short, simple and to take things one step at a time. It's primarily a love letter to the LISA series as well as to 4chan itself in all of it's terrible glory.

P.S.
If there are any other questions you may have in regards to the premise and the project in general, feel free to voice your thoughts, feelings and opinions below.
The discord linked in the OP is for public use for those who either want to lurk or partake in the development of this project.

I really can't see myself getting this off of the ground by myself.
>>
As a bonus;
Should this project be named with the 'u' or without?
http://www.strawpoll.me/13616694
>>
>>30659478
Threadly reminder for writefags that the actual story writing will start once the project gets enough other developers.
>>
Did I do the right thing?...
>>
>>30660155
Depends
You hugged him?
>>
>>30659478
this needs to happen
>>
File: terry.jpg (67KB, 544x416px) Image search: [Google]
terry.jpg
67KB, 544x416px
>>30659478
Neato. How heavy on the memes will it be?
>>
>>30661315
Depends on your definition of the word 'memes'.
>>
>>30661315
>Terry
Oh man, the best sidekick ever
And so OP with his hottest dance.
I only wished he sided with brad instead of fight him
>>
>>30659478
Will this be actually good and interesting like the original Lisa or is this going to be shit like "The Joyful"?
>>
>>30661565
It would've been touching, but I think the idea was to keep it canon that almost everybody dies.
>>
File: Terr Bear.png (578KB, 680x950px) Image search: [Google]
Terr Bear.png
578KB, 680x950px
>>30661565
Killing him hurt, but that was the point.
It's in the title after all.
>>
Good morning, fellas.
>>30662783
The issues with Joyful stem from Dingaling's need to explain everything and writing with a protagonist he didn't enjoy in the first place.
With Colo(u)rful, I'm looking to keep things short and sweet - around the 2-3 hour mark for the story. I won't know for sure whether or not you'd still find it 'interesting' in the same way people felt about Painful if that's your expectation, but I'm hoping that during development we come along with new ideas that can be implemented to compliment things better.

As I said earlier, I don't see this happening with me leading at the helm since I'm garbage at that sort of stuff, so I really could do with some more people to work with on this project who are passionate about the prospects of putting together a fun game based within the world of LISA.
>>
>>
>>30664377
I meant interesting gameplay wise.
With all the weird out there classes that is really what I had the most fun with.
>>
File: Lisa The Joyful in a nutshell.png (183KB, 780x850px) Image search: [Google]
Lisa The Joyful in a nutshell.png
183KB, 780x850px
>>30664377
The main problem with Joyful was how completely fucking unlikeable the protagonist was. Buddy managed to make fucking Buzzo look good by comparison.
>>
>>30665481
Most of those characters and their respective classes were optional to come across.
It would take up an immense amount of time to put together a sizable number of party members of various classes, plus there's no making money from this.
All LISA fangames have one thing in common;
They put you with the party members you have from the very start and that's just about it with the exception of Hopeful's secret party character.
>>
>>30665575
I wouldn't mind the protag being edgy mcedge faggot if the gameplay wasn't so fucking neutered and dull compared to the original.
I was bored out of my mind playing the game, don't get me wrong the story about her Kill Bill esque GUUUURL power didn't help.
>>
>>30665575
>was abandoned after being born
>almost trapped inside a cave for 12/15 years
>forced to kill for her adoptive father
>her father was a drug addict and drunk waste
>only woman in the world = everyone tries to rape her
>saw how her father become a monster
>knew that the only person who tried to help her wanted to keep her captive to be honest, i know rando was trying to save humanity, but he needed to trust her sister more. Still doesn't delete the fact that buddy killed the last cinnamon bun in the world
>lost the last of her sanity because of the same drug that destroyed her father

Gee, golly gosh. Buddy is a total bitch
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.