[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hail CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: 023 - Title Card.png (36KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
023 - Title Card.png
36KB, 1500x1500px
https://www.anonpone.com/hail/

"Or maybe we are just a good team." I rest my head on his shoulder, "Don't you think that?" He blushes and then, not thinking before the words come out, I talk again. "Hey, if we had issues, would you use the defense systems?"
His awkward smile crashes down immediately, the blush washing away from his face almost as fast. "I..." His voice fades completely for a moment, mouth half open, "I'd rather you didn't ask me that."

>>29705431
>>29704766
"I-- Sorry. I didn't think."
"It's fine." He returns to aiming.
"No, I really shouldn't--"
"Far, have I talked about my life before working here?" I don't answer, "I was a partial intelligence, like my assisting daemons are. Not being able to think or feel is... It's not lacking something. It's not cold, or gray.
"But when you get them... when you get them, more by luck than anything else, and realize all they mean..." He grunts, "What I am trying to explain, Far, is that a full intelligence doesn't take thinking for granted. That we are fully aware of how precious rationality is, unlike most ponies. I just- do you understand why is that harming sapients is so hard for us? Why do I dislike dwelling on the idea?
"It's not that I am angry with you. This is simply an answer I only want to give when it's truly necessary to."
>>
>>29722440
I understand. It is a heavy topic, robot or not.
>>
>>29722440
Well, it's nice to know you have a strong sense of empathy. Do you want to keep practicing?
>>
>>29723007
>>29723009
"It's fine, I know it's a heavy topic."
"I shouldn't expect you to understand."
"But I do." I grab his hoof again and help him aim.
"I shouldn't like you don't expect me to... to feel comfortable with some kinds of intimate contact." He gulps as we level the gun. "You simply aren't equipped to truly understand what its like to me."
"Hey, who's to say that?" We hold the gun perfectly still. "Haven't you grown? I hated AIs before you."
"I... did notice some animosity from you at first."
"And you were so clueless about it. That's what made me understand you weren't just a machine."
"I am a machine."
"Like I am an animal."
"Point taken."
We press the trigger, knocking off the central can.
"Far?"
"Hm?"
He kisses me on the cheek.
>>
>>29723834
Kiss him back on the ear.
>>
>>29723834
blushu
>>
File: 032 - Dress the horse.png (11KB, 1092x712px) Image search: [Google]
032 - Dress the horse.png
11KB, 1092x712px
>>29723886 >>29724334
I blush and kiss him back on the ear, smiling widely.
"See?" I press my head tightly against the side of his head, "You learn quickly."
"If you say so..." He locks the pistol's safety carefuly and lowers it. "Have you thought of naming it?"
"Naming it?"
"The pistol, I know your mother names hers."

Anyone minds skipping the rest of the day?
And if we skip, do we go with the same clothing as always or do we change it?
>>
Oh and paused.
>>
>>29725237
Let's not name it. Just call it by the model name.
>>
>>29725237
Uh, Big Bang? I'm not great at naming things.
Skipping is fine. I like the current outfit honestly
>>
bumpo
>>
>>29725295
>>29725266
Hrm.
I groan in displeasure before sliding out of bed.
There's a Ross-shaped space near me that definitely doesn't have a Ross in it. And I thought he liked the cuddling.
I think of my to-do list for the day as I dress up, trying to ignore how unpleasant it is to wake up alone by surprise.
Let's see...
>Taking care of Coti
>Checking on mom
>Visual checkup of the reactors... I am supposed to do this one before midday, according to protocol
>Mom will probably want me to do something with the pistol today
>I should check if Amber's right, too.

From the next morning on and until stated otherwise, several days will pass between every in-story day.
>>
>>29728499
Start with the reactor if it is time critical we should do it right away. Breakfast first though.
>>
>>29728499
Breakfast>Reactor>Coti>Mom>Amber. The pistol isn't important right now.
>>
File: 044 - Control panel.png (41KB, 1395x1606px) Image search: [Google]
044 - Control panel.png
41KB, 1395x1606px
>>29728571 >>29728612
Not feeling like cooking just this once, I grab a few cereal bars to eat in my way to the reactor, and hold the last one in your mouth as you tap the keyboard.
Hrm.

>>29729345
>>
>>29729352
Weak prompt Cammy. Keep checking the reactor.
>>
>>29729407
Wait is the hmm meant to refer to the red light?
>>
>>29729882
Red switch I mean.
>>
>>29729407 >>29729882
>>29729943
I can't see anything that's obviously wrong, so I press my shoulder against the reinforced door to close it again... Wait.
I tap my password again and trot back to the console. Red. Yellow's there sometimes, red shouldn't.
"Ross?" I call him. reading the labels under the switches. "Ross, you there?"
"Huhwhat?" He answers after nearly a minute.
"I am at the reactor, tertiary coolant's on red."
"Let me..." The switche's light turns on and off again several times, "Odd, my systems report an A-OK but the switch's own ones don't. I pinged Mercury, good catch."
"Alright," I pull the door closed again, "I'll go see Coti."
My heart misses a beat at first and I trot at him, but after a moment I confirm that, at least, he's still breathing.
"Coti?" I ask him, tapping his head gently.
He just groans and slides his head away from me.
>>
>>29730125
>My heart misses a beat at first and I trot at him, but after a moment I confirm that, at least, he's still breathing.
This part seems a bit awkward. Was there art that was meant to go with it? Or possibly a missing sentence?

Stand in front of his head and see if he moves it again.
>>
File: snapshot-2017-03-23-20-39-52.png (8KB, 761x493px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot-2017-03-23-20-39-52.png
8KB, 761x493px
>>29730239
OhFUCK
>>
>>29730246
Alright then still do the standing in front of his head.
>>
>>29730239
I follow his head and stand in front of it quietly.
He groans again and the head is reabsorbed into the body, then grows again away from me.
>>
>>29730395
This is concerning.
Consult our books, see if we can find any clues. Check his water first though maybe it is contaminated somehow.
>>
>>29730395
He didn't drink the damn coolant did he?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (65KB, 864x504px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
65KB, 864x504px
I was looking for CYOA in archive. Was everyone namefag in early year?
>>
>>29730413
>>29731198
"What's wrong?" I chase his head again, "You didn't drink the coolant didn't you?" I half joke, nervous that he might actually have done it. "Ross, he didn't drink the coolant, right?"
"Not that I know of." He answers after a moment, distractedly.
"Is the water clear?"
"The water?" The question seems to confuse him for a moment, "Far, there are so many checkups on the water's safety and redundant purification cycles at every level, that even the reactor is poorly monitored in comparison. We can't just eject all our water to space if something goes wrong with it. It can't be that."
"Can you search on the books they gave us?"
"The indexing daemon will ping you if there's something about it. Maybe you could ask Kubl--? Gotta go." There's a beep signaling he's not focusing on me anymore.
"What's with you?" I ask halfheartedly. He doesn't answer. "Coti, and you?"
He just groans again, his head low.
>>
Oh and paused.
>>
>>29732094
Maybe he ran out of magazines, go get him more.
>>
>>29732094
Perhaps Coti's homesick/lonely?
>>
>>29732094
Give him a visual inspection. Make sure nothing is out of place.
>>
>>29732094
Is Rune (or whatever the child's name was) around? Did he share pony food with Coti?
>>
beb
>>
>>29732162
Also maybe it is related to the reactor issues are his species more vulnerable to radiation then ponies?
>>
>>29732162 >>29732699
>>29732958 >>29735982
I walk around Coti, trying to find anything that might be wrong. The texture of his skin seems the same, and I can't see any puddle around him.
"Are you homesick?" I put a hoof in him and fail to find any sign of fever. He just groans again. "Hold on here."
"Ross," I call again when on the elevator, "Could you get back a box of magazines for me? And could you ask Rune if he gave Coti any food?"
"It's on the dispenser." He says after a moment, then adds. "Rune says he didn't."
I exit the elevator and head for the recycling plant, where an already packaged pile of old magazines awaits me.
After another elevator ride I reach Coti, who perks up when I show him the magazines, "You want--"
He grabs grows an arm, grabs them from over my rump, and presses them against his... mass tightly, then covers them with his head.
>>
>>29737366
Not sure what to do at this point, do the books/notes we have say anything about this behaviour?
>>
>>29737366
Well he is still perceptive enough to notice the magazines at least.

Check his eye fruit.
>>
It's time!
>>
beb
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.