[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the New Movie? pt. 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3304.jpg (33KB, 317x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3304.jpg
33KB, 317x313px
Original thread:
>>29598245
>>
>>29607735

I worry there are too many characters.

Storm King, Grubber and Tempest are the villains, Grubber you can give minimal screentime and have do goofs while Storm King is acting, but Tempest needs a minor arc of her own and her own introduction. why is she a unicorn fighting for the bad guys, how did she lose her horn, and how does she restore it? And what about the sky-skiff?
Plus, there's their army. So I'm guessing there will be a war or major battle?

Not one, but two important seaponies and Seaquestria needs introduction

Capper, Celaeno and her crew will require introduction at some point, and probably some brief introduction as to their race.

Then there's the hippogriffs, too. Going to war against the villains?

All while the mane6 have to be introduced and given center-stage, plus whomever else they decide to add. Celestia? Spike? Starlight? CMC?

I fear they'll try to re-tread the steps of the G1 movies, Meghan is a huge fan after all, and it's no doubt what many nostalgic fans wants (plus, they can sell a LOT of toys by giving every character 5 minutes of screentime each). But personally I think storytelling in kids cartoons has evolved a lot since the 80's, and I'd rather take an "extended two-parter" over the random ragtag I fear we'll get.
>>
>>29607735
>having thoughts on something before witnessing it
>>
>>29607764
>how to spot a newfag
>>
File: what the apple.jpg (20KB, 345x416px) Image search: [Google]
what the apple.jpg
20KB, 345x416px
>>29607821
Yeah it's gonna be a clusterfuck.
>>
>>29607821
Let's hope there's no shoobedo's.
>>
>>29607838
How to spot a fag that knows their shit.
>>
>>29607849
Shoobedo's make the world go flat.
>>
File: 1342127243413.gif (271KB, 503x360px) Image search: [Google]
1342127243413.gif
271KB, 503x360px
People are going to be angry about it until the movie is out. Then, some people will think that it could've been worse, while the rest will get even angrier. A small portion of the fandom will continue to not give a shit.
Then the two extremes will shit on eachother until the day the ride finally ends.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
I honestly can't wiait for this guy to get over 500,000 requests to review the movie in the first week it releases.
>>
>>29608119
>500,000
That's kind of optimistic, but I'm kind of hoping for that kind of influx. People are hiding their power levels, so the only new people to the fandom are the ones who either stumble their way into it on their own, or decide to tolerate their friend dropping spaghetti and check it out.
>>
>>29607821
>Seaquestria
Is this seriously the best they could do?
>>
>>29608311

Yup. So bad it's good.
>>
>>29608311
The funny thing is, in a storybook that came out a few years ago the name they gave the Seapony kingdom was "Aquastria" which is sooooo much better.
>>
>>29607735
That thread got to 62 posts before it fell off due to no one giving a shit. So what do you think the overall opinion might be?
>>
>>29608400

That would be really bad when spoken out loud though, it only really works when written. An exotic accent alone would make Equestria and Aquastria indistuingishable from each other.
>>
>>29607821
Basically this.

There are going to be a lot of songs. 7 or 8, I believe. So that will kinda help speed up some characterization of the guest stars, esp. Capper, Skystar and Tempest because I know they are going to sing.

There are so many characters and I'd really rather properly meet them all. Capper and Celaeno seem like they'd be particularly fun, and Tempest could be genuinely interesting if they pull it off. I think they can, but will they?

>b-but Capper is furry
Whatever man, I just like cartoons. I'm not going to quit watching Looney Tunes because muh furry boogeyman.
>>
>>29608428
>So what do you think the overall opinion might be?
TRAILER WHEN?
R
A
I
L
E
R

W
H
E
N?
>>
>>29608119
So it be this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Ufi53RNqw
>>
>>29608449
>b-but Capper is furry
>Whatever man, I just like cartoons. I'm not going to quit watching Looney Tunes because muh furry boogeyman.
So much fucking this. Movies should be judged by their cinematographical values, not internet memes.
>>
>>29608452
Friendship Day, in July. That's what I hear. So that gives us two full months of advertisement until October. If they want to succeed, they better bomb the media with these ads, and they better be the best ads of all time.
>>
>>29608484
Friendship Day is when the worldwide promotion starts, not when the trailer comes out. We might get A trailer, but it will not be THE trailer.
>>
>>29608561
Oh. Well that's still not very much time. They should be advertising by now...
>>
>>29608574
There's still 8 months left. It's a bit early for too much advertising, but we should at least have a teaser by April.
>>
>>29607821
The hippogriffs serve Queen Novo, according to toy descriptions. Maybe they manage the weather over the seas, in the same way pegasi do for Equestria? Who knows.

I'm not sure "brief introduction as to their race" is a given, considering we didn't get one with (from the top of my head) Tirek, Scorpan, or Arimaspi. Those were all from supplemental material.

These are just nitpicking, though. Ultimately you're not wrong, and I have creeping fears along those same lines.
>>
The teaser will probably have the cringy shobedos.
>>
>>29607849
I legitimately hope there is. A reimagining or even a cover of the 80's song.
>>
>>29607735
There's going to be seven songs in the film. Sia is doing two songs for the movie, but I have no idea if those are part of the seven songs or are going to be different and bring the final count to nine songs.

Either way, we're seeing a musical here. Musicals typically use songs to condense a shitload of information/exposition into quick and easy to understand numbers (For example, "Cell Block Tango" in Chicago).

So it's safe to assume that the new characters will probably get some of these songs, if only to introduce them. That might make the whole "too many characters" thing work better than if this was a different type of film. It'll still probably get fucked up, but not as badly as everyone thinks.
>>
>>29609690
It's a given that Capper, at least, will get a song. Broadway musicals are basically the most famous things his VA's known for.
>>
>>29609690
Capper, Skystar, and Tempest are confirmed for songs.
>>
>>29609714
>>29609723
Then I'm guessing that we'll get the following for the non-Sia songs:

1. Introduction Number. This song will introduce the six characters from the show and the world they live in, before shit gets fucked up by the bad guy. Every musical does this, so it's safe to assume that this one will, too.

2. Call to Adventure/On the Road. Another show characters song, this one happens after shit gets fucked and they are sent out on a journey of some kind. It will be used to condense information/events into a quick montage sequence and will probably have elements of a march.

3. The Villain Song. This will be Tempest's number. It's probably going to either be about her being a completely evil and irredeemable bitch, or it will establish some chance of redemption because of feelings of guilt/troubled past/whatever. If the former, expect a dark song full of hammy singing. If the latter, expect a more tragic sort of thing.

4. Meet The Reformed Guy. This is Capper's song. It may or not be an ensemble number. It will probably give exposition about Capper's past and how he got to be where he is.

5. Meet The Locals. This is Skystar's song. It more than likely will be an ensemble number with solos from Skystar as the group travels through Seapone country. It introduces us to Skystar and the other seaponies and establishes any conflicts/problems the heroes will have to overcome for this part of the film.

6. Darkest Hour/Don't Give Up Yet. The situation looks hopeless and our heroes are on the verge of giving up. Midway through, our protagonist finds their second wind/receives encouragement from the other characters and decides to keep fighting. May include the characters our heroes have recruited to help fight the villains.

7. Victory/Call to Adventure Reprise. The villain s have been defeated and our protagonists return home as triumphant heroes. This will be about all the hardships they endured/lessons learned along the way. May reprise Call to Adventure.
>>
>>29609892
(cont.)
Again, this is assuming that Sia's songs are not part of the musical numbers for the story and that her contributions are end credits stuff/a party song.
>>
>>29607735

Yes.
>>
>>29609892
>>29609932
Well, Songbird Serenade exists in the world, too. She'll have some kind of role... Maybe she'll be like the gazelle in Zootopia - kinda in the background, and represents pop culture and public opinion.

I think that song prediction is pretty spot-on, except I'm also pretty sure that Sia's songs count toward the 7-song-count. I'm thinking one of them may be the Don't Give Up or Victory songs... I'm looking forward to finding out. I don't mind a lot of musical numbers if they're all good.

Honestly, my biggest fear is if the mane 6 (all of which will be side characters besides Twiggles) will get the EQG treatment. I don't want to see them ruin Rarity in a major release.
>>
>>29608651
Hippogriffs serve Novo? That's... Actually really cool. I really like this idea. I want to see international relations. Politics, it at least alliances...

This movie opens so many doors and will have a lot of possibilities. I'm really hoping it isn't promising more than it can deliver. I'm not optimistic. But I'll still enjoy most of it because ponies.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.