[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the New Movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_3304.jpg (33KB, 317x313px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3304.jpg
33KB, 317x313px
Share them here.
>>
>>29598245
I think you should see it before having thoughts on it.
>>
>>29598249
>thinking about the movie before it comes out is wrong
Hasbro shill detected. This attitude is why you didn't produce a proper trailer, isn't it?
Go fly back to your jew castle.
>>
>>29598245
Just got back from watching it, was shit.
>>
File: 1486768454561.png (885KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1486768454561.png
885KB, 1200x1200px
>>29598245
What they revealed so far isn't much. Feels like they have all these characters that are just for this movie, and half of it will be their introduction and the other half is getting rid of them to uphold the status quo because the movie isn't canon, so it shall end at the state it started - meaning that nothing happening in it will actually matter. Unless they follow it up in any manner and I don't think there's any info on that. So right now there's a generic setup that will end with fast and probably forced pay-off. Basically, it's already shit.
>>
File: 1488254047500.png (913KB, 994x706px) Image search: [Google]
1488254047500.png
913KB, 994x706px
>>29598245
I wish I had enough information on it to form an opinion. Release a goddamn trailer already!
>>
>>29598255
>>29598382
I would, but my CEO is like Hitler.
>>
>>29598255
thats a lot of buzzwords. think you can fit more in your next response?
>>
>>29598245
>Thoughts
>Share them here.

I think I'm not going to waste $5 to go see it even at the cheap theater.
>>
>>29598245
if glim/shim are not in the movie, and twilight isn't a massive mary sue cunt, then good
>>
Celestia is going to be killed off.

Calling it now.
>>
>>29598245
I'm not really happy about the plot and what we got so far.

I wanted a giant grand cap to everything we know, focused around something BIG in show, like the tree of harmony, or Alicorns, or starswirl the bearded, or Something like the alicorn amulet.

instead we get a bunch of random ass new characters, and seaponies, as well as the furry brigade. The mane six are probably going to get kicked to the curb and basically be background characters in order to yield time and focus to the new guys.

It'll be like Transformers the movie all over again, except with less childhood trauma. Probably.
>>
>>29598245

Well atleast they are fucking PONIES this time and not My Little High Schooler.
>>
>>29598245
BIG FLOP
>>
File: movie.png (256KB, 624x581px) Image search: [Google]
movie.png
256KB, 624x581px
the mane six all become alicorn and retire from actively being the mane characters of the show due to being goddesses.

Season 8 is about starlight creating a new elements of harmony to take the role of the mane character squad.
>>
Anyone have the most recent info dump for the movie?
As long as it's being discussed the thread may as well have all the facts so far so they can be referred to.
>>
File: imdages.jpg (5KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
imdages.jpg
5KB, 150x150px
>>29599549
You can dump the info and the movie here.
>>
>>29599540
Please tell me that's b8
>>
>>29599549
Its pretty basic.

Storm king rules the land to the south of equestria (like, all of it) and wants to expand.

Tempest Shadow is a unicorn outcast who has a sad/tragic backstory due to her broken horn-- its unclear if the "outcast" thing means that ponies DON'T live in the south or if it just means she has a hard time fitting in.

Grubber is a hedgehog who likes Cupcakes.

past that, the plot is basically "Storm king invades, and the Mane six meet up with good pirates to find the sea pony civilization". No reason is given as to why they need to find the sea pony civilization, but its probably the hiding place of a madguffin or something. Storm king uses a trident, so its possible his trident was a sea pony Relic.

Also, Capper is described as a rogue that turned good, and the Parrot furry is the pirate captain.
>>
>>29598391
>I would, but my CEO is like Hitler.
Confirmed to make series great again.
>>
>>29599579
Thanks Anon.
>>
>>29599574
You can't possibly be this stupid.
>>
>>29599574
>NO TOTALLY LEGIT
>SWEARZ
of course its fake.
>>
>>29598245

I thought it was surprisingly good given our low expectations, really great music, and the animation was fantastic. And that musical number about halfway through was amazing. Ending was kind of cliched with the villain getting away, leaving the door open for sequels. Overall 7/10.
>>
File: caribou story.jpg (862KB, 1233x1972px) Image search: [Google]
caribou story.jpg
862KB, 1233x1972px
> When even 4chan can write a better movie script than Meghan.
>>
>>29599611
> Ten Hasbrobucks have been deposited on your bank account
>>
Wait, is the movie out? I thought it was being released in October.
>>
File: 1grhi0ty1h_6xpe9e.png (41KB, 590x236px) Image search: [Google]
1grhi0ty1h_6xpe9e.png
41KB, 590x236px
>>29598245
>>
>>29599611
Anon, you and I both know the movie's going to end with everyone being reformed because "Friendship"
>>
>>29599647
Except Storm King, there's a chance he'll explode.
>>
>>29598414
All the pieces are coming together
What deeper motives could be behind it
>>
File: dexterslab_373.jpg (32KB, 348x261px) Image search: [Google]
dexterslab_373.jpg
32KB, 348x261px
>>29599647
They will rape the already raped lore.
>>
>>29599864
"hey, why don't we get the elements of harmony out of the Tree? Or ask discord, who's a fucking GOD to deal with this?"
"SHHHH. This movie is for fucking normies who have never seen a single episode of my little pony before, we can't use continuity at all or lore"
>>
>>29598245
I'm waiting for the trailer before I start shitposting about how awful it is. So far, it seems like all they've really done plot-wise is swap out Cosmos with Storm King. Going on an adventure outside Equestria's still there, finding the magical whatever to fix things is still there.

Given Cosmos would have been another alicorn and Celestia/Luna's long lost brother that no one ever bothered to bring up, I'd say the Storm King's an improvement.

As for character design, I'm rather indifferent. They certainly could have done better by better incorporating mythological designs (a parrot? a cat?) but I'm much more concerned with the plot/dialogue than I am with /mlp/ having to confront it's furry denial.
>>
>>29600613
The cosmos-story was completley dropped, why are people still sticking to that garbage?
>>
>>29598310
wtf is that lion from and why did they draw his junk?
>>
>>29598617
>Transformers the movie all over again
Starts with the killing of main characters in graphic detail?
Brutal
>>
File: 1366601.png (2MB, 2633x2508px) Image search: [Google]
1366601.png
2MB, 2633x2508px
>>29598245
I think this seapone is a pure semen demon.
>>
Now watch the movie be rated PG-13 because Hasbro logic.
>>
>>29598245
LOL the fuck is this gay shit? it looks pretty girly, lets watch it ironically.
>>
>>29600953
Yes its very fuckin gay
>>
>>29600953
>>29600959
Yeah, we're all basically faggots, and probably autistic.
>>
>>29600979
/mlp/ is a shit place im going back to /b/
>>
>>29600991
Then why the fuck did you come here?
>>
>>29600929
It wants to cum inside Rainbow Dash.
>>
>>29598562
No, Twilight is going to be killed off in the movie like Optimus Prime.
>>
>>29599640
Thank you, Mr. President!
>>
>>29601130
I'm not done with your mum yet so you better fuck off kid.
>>
>>29601155
You don't know my mother! You're thinking about Marge Simpson, Lois Griffin, or Malory Archer!
>>
>>29601241
I'm not watching those tasteless normie cartoons.
>>
Unnecessary bump.
>>
File: horsepussy.png (615KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
horsepussy.png
615KB, 600x600px
>>29601155
>>29601241
you are both faggots and i just wanted to point that out.
>>
>>29601924
Amen!
>>
>>29600850
They will follow the path of sombra.
>>
Its a fucking travesty and should never happen. Might even be worse than S2
>>
File: 1488547777515.png (870KB, 2608x1082px) Image search: [Google]
1488547777515.png
870KB, 2608x1082px
IT'S GOING TO BE THE EXACT FUCKING SHIT WE GOT FOR 6 YEARS, EXCEPT IT NOW HAS A HIGHER BUDGET.

God this man really doesn't know when to FUCK OFF and let the real team do their job.
>>
>>29598245
I guess I should form my own opinion after seeing it, but so far, I'm disappointed.
Disappointed that MLP is one of the few shows that actually GET to have a feature movie. And what do they waste it on? Fucking pirates, man. This is so random and so disappointing... Why the fucking pirates?
>inb4 McCarthy is gonna say something like "well i thought MLP with pirates was a fun idea XD"
The concept looks like some shitty fanfiction by an author who didn't really know what to do so he randomly puts pirates in because they're supposedly cool.
But it's a fucking MLP movie
yet it's about fucking pirates
This new evil apparently renders princesses and Discord useless, but fucking pirates are the ones to help the heroes save the day.
How is it even possible?
>>
>>29602508
Friendship. Like fucking always.
>>
>>29602508
Dude. It makes fucking perfect sense. You can see why this movie happened from the E-mail sony sent them awhile ago: they didn't listen to everything sony told them, but they still listened to SOME of it. because the hasbro suits don't give a shit about quality, they care about MONEY. And sony had a couple points that were correct in how to make more money.
They want MAXIMUM money, and to do that, they need to pull in the mainstream normies: Not fans, they figure that, no matter if its just shit in a bucket, they already got the fans. Fuck them.
The Real money? that comes from pulling in the "MAINSTREAM" audience that has never seen a fucking pony before. And continuity will confuse them. They're trying to avoid making a "Giant episode".

So in order to avoid not confusing the mainstream normies, this can't use any continuity at all: NOTHING. they will give a short text dump of the six and equestria, and that's it: They probably won't even mention discord or the elements of harmony, or ANY of that shit. The other 5 will be reduced to just "twilight's friends. She's the important one BTW" in the introduction due to this, and there will be very little focus on them besides as cardboard cutouts, like in equestria girls 1.

Anyways, so they got this brand new POS for the normies right? But then the fans will get bored if they spend their time Reintroducing old macguffins or plotlines for the normies since they'd be redoing a plot that oldfags will have already seen.
So the "Best" way to do it is to do something completely new that's NEVER been even hinted at before to put both normies and oldfags on equal footing: Oldfags will be just as surprised as the normies who are watching it for the first time.
It will lead to an inherently shittier movie than one that uses continuity, but hasbro doesn't give a fuck about that, it'll generate more money by getting more mainstream people in.
>>
>>29600761
You asked for it anon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
>>
>>29602508
Discord will probably not become canon in the movie. It sound like a lot of effort to introduce him and expain him getting defeated and the movie isn't long enough to develop even the mane6 and new characters.

At best Discord and Glimmer will appear in the background in the finale ending song.
>>
>>29603103
Or maybe Discord will have another relapseā€¦
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.