[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Idols ruined it >This isn't my Macross >Where's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 276
Thread images: 52

File: shitposting general.jpg (717KB, 1799x1273px) Image search: [Google]
shitposting general.jpg
717KB, 1799x1273px
>Idols ruined it
>This isn't my Macross

>Where's my grimdark mecha anime
>This isn't my Gundam
Can newfags kill themselves already?

Will Delta be shitposted by these faggots like G-Reco is?
Can't they just stick to Koutetsujou no Kabaneri?
>>
>>13716148
I too look forward to four months of your shitty threads before the show even airs.
>>
File: 54541502_p0.jpg (283KB, 660x800px) Image search: [Google]
54541502_p0.jpg
283KB, 660x800px
>>13716148
What show won't be shitposted on /m/? Just hide every post you see with a retarded opinion or anyone that clearly baiting for replies and you'll have a better time on here.
>>
Why do you care about what /m/ thinks?
/m/ has shit taste.
like you.
>>
Greco's complaints were legit, that show made no fucking sense. While tactical idol squad is a logical step.
>>
File: character_16.png (187KB, 650x770px) Image search: [Google]
character_16.png
187KB, 650x770px
>>13716204
Deltafag here, I haven't seen G-Reco yet but what were the problems you had with it? I heard character dialog is typical Tomino and something about characters tossing out plot important events/names casually?
>>
>>13716204

Tactical idol group makes sense, given everything else that has happened in macross so far. This is just a continuation of the Jamming Birds project from M7, really.

What I don't appreciate is turning said idols into magical girls. Frontier had the sense to keep its music impacting the battlefield, but not to have Ranka actually wading into the fight with a hammer or something. Magical girls transformations + flying around doing holoconcert bullshit during the fights... I never wanted this.

Macross has always worked its ass off before to justify why the music was important, and they usually do that with a slow burn. By the time that someone is saving the day with the power of song, they have spent several episodes bulding to this so as crazy as it is it makes sense in context. Throwing us right into full on magical girls now is super jarring, not the way macross usually works, and my deepest fear is that idols + magical girls is an interpretation of macross that the otakus will latch onto with all of their greasy might and the franchise will never be able to escape it. Once you begin pandering of that magnitude, its hard to pull back from the edge of the abyss.

I'll watch the show and hope that they can lay my fears to rest once we see more than what we have already. But as a long time Macross fan, I am filled with dread.
>>
>>13716213
>I heard character dialog is typical Tomino and something about characters tossing out plot important events/names casually
thats basically it
>>
>>13716217
>What I don't appreciate is turning said idols into magical girls. Frontier had the sense to keep its music impacting the battlefield, but not to have Ranka actually wading into the fight with a hammer or something. Magical girls transformations + flying around doing holoconcert bullshit during the fights... I never wanted this.
Except they aren't fighting on the battlefield. You need to rewatch the preview episode again because only Mikumo is recklessly charging at the zentradi because that seems to be her character. The rest of Walkure were hanging back singing while protecting civilians with the Multi-Drones.
>Throwing us right into full on magical girls now is super jarring, not the way macross usually works, and my deepest fear is that idols + magical girls is an interpretation of macross that the otakus will latch onto with all of their greasy might and the franchise will never be able to escape it. Once you begin pandering of that magnitude, its hard to pull back from the edge of the abyss.
I think you're being way too paranoid. They already said during the preview event that the first five episodes will have huge shifts in tone compared to the rest and I seriously doubt Delta will turn full magical girl. Even from watching that preview I never got that impression. Walkure was just singing and defending with the drones. It was still the VF squadron that was directly fighting the enemy mecha.
>>
>>13716217
There's really nothing to be worried about. Kawamori's already shown that he can start with this kind of setup and still pull out plenty of surprises over the course of the series.

Delta hasn't really shown its hand yet.
>>
>>13716217
yeah Macross was always about war drama and deep psychological messages, wtf is this magical girls idolshit
>>
>>13716213
I liked G Reco.The first 3-5 episodes are confusing but after that it becomes a fun space adventure with Gundams.
>>
>>13716213
>Deltafag here, I haven't seen G-Reco yet
Why am I not surprised?
>>
File: 1452013260232.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452013260232.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>13716148
>Idols ruined it
SMUG girl says otherwise
>>
File: g-reco shitposters.png (20KB, 270x216px) Image search: [Google]
g-reco shitposters.png
20KB, 270x216px
>>13716204
>Greco's complaints were legit, that show made no fucking sense
>>
I find it hilarious that most of the shitposting about Delta is from people "defending" it or complaining about non-existent arguments.
>>
>>13716298
Surprised at what? I'm not really a Gundam fan anymore and G-Reco didn't grab my attention. I tried Blood Orphans but that was painfully dull and went nowhere.
>>
>>13716148
The ones complaining about Delta are most likely to be shitposting about IBO. The type that hates everything new, except G-Reco which is a masterpiece just for being made by Tomino.
>>
>>13716217
>But as a long time Macross fan, I am filled with dread
Stay butthurt and salty then. I've been a Macross fan for at least 30 years and watched the original Macross before Robotech even existed and I'm pretty stoked for Delta.
>>
>>13716312
You are a sad little man.
>>
>>13716298
He's a Deltafag, of course he hasn't watched anything good.
>>
>>13716232

Listen, if they are on the battlefield engaging the enemy directly, even if it is from an entirely defensive posture, they are fighting. They don't have to be trading fire to be participating in the battle directly.

Which... why are they there? I get that they have flying barrier drones and shit, but since it seems like there are only 4 (soon to be 5) of them, sending them in person with no protection other than shield drones they frequently send away from themselves seems like a terrible plan that is going to get them all killed.

Sure, they have VFs to protect them. Except the VFs are literally never near them, they are always off doing other things like winning the fight. I'm not even convinced that this is an effective tactic, from the preview, because it took them 10 minutes of singing to get one of the 20 guys they were fighting to calm down, and he relapsed as soon as they got distracted. During that time, a shit ton of collateral damage happens and even with protection I think its reasonable to say dozens of lives were lost.

This reeks of Macross lowering itself to the standards of other shows for the sake of popularity, because Japan is eating its shit over idols and has been for years, and I don't like it.

>>13716234

Maybe it will pull a Madoka and get serious, but its still a really weird place to start.
>>
>>13716303
It was confusing in the first in the first 5 episodes but after those episodes the story becomes clear.
>>
>>13716319
>implying
Cry more you poor asswhipped faggot.
>>
>>13716148
>Shit posting is contrarian and not sincere criticism

Who would have thought? Any people who have legitimate complaints about G-reco are buried under piles of trolls who feel obligated to bash the show since they think tomino and gundam are some sort of sacred cows on /m/ despite both being popular targets of bashing for many years now.

As for delta, yeah I can see how people thought the preview was a mess, but I can see how other people think it might turn out okay.
>>
>>13716329
>Which... why are they there? I get that they have flying barrier drones and shit, but since it seems like there are only 4 (soon to be 5) of them, sending them in person with no protection other than shield drones they frequently send away from themselves seems like a terrible plan that is going to get them all killed.
Except they do have protection. They have the drones for shields and the jets for evasive maneuvers.
>
Sure, they have VFs to protect them. Except the VFs are literally never near them, they are always off doing other things like winning the fight. I'm not even convinced that this is an effective tactic, from the preview, because it took them 10 minutes of singing to get one of the 20 guys they were fighting to calm down, and he relapsed as soon as they got distracted. During that time, a shit ton of collateral damage happens and even with protection I think its reasonable to say dozens of lives were lost.
Again I think you need to rewatch the episode because they managed to calm down more than one zentran. Are you forgetting the scene where Messer is surrounded by four zentradi and they all collapse do to Walkure's songs? Even Delta squadron's captain said the songs were working.
>>
File: rvforest dat sd card.jpg (50KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
rvforest dat sd card.jpg
50KB, 600x400px
>the idorus are a science ninja magical girl team
This is not what I expected but I am ok with it.
They spent just as much time on the big VF battle afterwards, anyway.

Also the bad guys apparently have a throne room straight out of Sailor Moon.
>>
File: VF-31 formation.webm (2MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
VF-31 formation.webm
2MB, 800x600px
>>13716365
There's actually more footage of the VFs fighting than the idols singing. Kawamori said he wants Delta to be a mix of 7 and Plus, music being used in combat like 7's Sound Force and a return to VF vs VF dogfights like Plus.
>>
>>13716374
dancing VFs
literally WHY
>>
>>13716378
>not wanting dancing VFs
>>>/out/
>>
>>13716378
Because it's funny.
And it'll be funny in SRW.
>>
File: Arad VS Ghosts.webm (1MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Arad VS Ghosts.webm
1MB, 800x600px
>>13716378
How is it dancing? They landed and struck a pose. I thought it was cool. It's not like they did the tango.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q98HA7qGLqc
>>
>>13716329
>implying Walkure has no form of protection aside from their drones
Are you so naive to think that their suits don't provide them any protection and just for show? They have Overtech at their disposal. For all we know they have some sort of dampening field or pinpoint barrier system covering them.
>>
>>13716378
https://youtu.be/ATGJBmCzB5Q?t=689
not expecting synchronized fly in an Air show... killyourefaggot.jpg
>>
>no one of these anime experts watched 0048 or 7
>>
Well G-reco was good, I got no problem with the show. Even with their complaints that they don't understand the show, I see it very straight forward. As for Delta,... just wow! How can you dislike the show? They given what you wanted. Idols in front line, awesome dogfights and sexy VFs. I dunno what the hell are problems at both shows? But I enjoyed them.
>>
File: 1452021821584.png (451KB, 851x315px) Image search: [Google]
1452021821584.png
451KB, 851x315px
>>
I liked G Reco, alot.
I'm not even bothered to shitpost about delta because I was turned off by the idolshit from the preview, so I don't care to watch it. And I don't shitpost stuff I haven't even seen.
>>
Why is the CG so much worse here? Thats my only complaint. F was the first time I saw CG mechs and I hated it at first, but rewatching it, while the "textures" if you will were more flat, the direction made up for it. Why do anime studios think cut frames need to apply to CG?

The premise wasnt all that stupid, it looks like he took stuff from F and is going to try doing the whole 7 Thing again with it. The german guys have me intrigued, and the main character is phillip from Kamen Rider W
>>
my mecha-idol show is better than yours
>>
>>13716635
>Every Macross thread on /m/ for the next several years
>>
The only people who don't like idols in Macross are the same faggots who hate Newtypes in Gundam.
>>
>>13716213
You basically nailed it but I didn't find it to be an issue considering they spend what feels like half of each episode standing around explaining things anyway.
>>
File: 1449716592494.jpg (69KB, 306x331px) Image search: [Google]
1449716592494.jpg
69KB, 306x331px
>>13716635
>why are the zentradi green
>>
File: do u remember luv.gif (1024KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
do u remember luv.gif
1024KB, 500x271px
>>13716148
>Idols ruined it
No.

>Idol GROUPS ruined it.
This

>Magical girls are for chumps
Also this
>>
>>13717224
>hate Newtypes in Gundam.
>Hes defending what Unicorn did with Newtypes

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>13717310
>He's making up some bullshit in memetext
Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: Do You Remember Idol Shit.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Do You Remember Idol Shit.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>13717276
>Magical girls are for chumps
>posting DYRL Minmay
>>
>>13717323
>no chant
>no dance
>no accessories
that ain't no magic girl
>>
>>13717313
>Hes calling everything a meme

No go fuck yourself if you think people need to like the stupid shit newtypes became. Fucking G-Reco of all things does the opposite and downplays the ever living fuck out of newtypes.
>>
>>13717351
Go be mad somewhere else, aspie. Newtypes have been pulling off mystical bullshit for 2 decades before Unicorn.
>>
File: 1451868765645.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1451868765645.webm
2MB, 640x360px
Kawaii~ Which idol butt would you sniff?
>>
>>13717358
>Newtypes have been pulling off mystical bullshit for 2 decades before Unicorn.

>Its ok for thing to get progressively more stupid.

And even then nothing got as stupid as the ending of Unicorn. And heck doing big thing with psycowaves use to have big fat negative consequences.
>>
>>13717389
>Still being this mad over his robot cartoons.
I hope the next Gundam has Newtypes shooting understanding-beams out of their eyes just to upset someone as dumb as you.
>>
>>13717389
>And heck doing big thing with psycowaves use to have big fat negative consequences.
Not really, no.
>>
File: Borderline activated.webm (1MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Borderline activated.webm
1MB, 800x600px
>>13717375
The best one of course.
>>
>>13717375
Freyja
>>
File: newtypes.png (439KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
newtypes.png
439KB, 720x480px
>>13717389
>And even then nothing got as stupid as the ending of Unicorn
Umm...
Unicorn was pretty much in line with what newtypes were doing in 0079, Zeta and CCA, it's just that Unicorn is a lot more popular than any of these so it's easier to hate on it
>>
>>13717408
>Getting so up in each others grill that you stab Lala
>Leaving yourself open to a sirupy mindrape
>The Nu just straight up explodes.
>>
>>13717424
In retrospect that line sounds really fucking stupid.
>maybe someday people will control time
pfft. what
>>
>>13717433
>Lalah sacrifices herself to save Char
>Scirocco, the most powerful newtype at the time uses his last remaining brainwaves to mind break Kamille. Scirocco would have died regardless.
>The Nu was coming in hot through Earths atmosphere to begin with and it isn't explicitly stated in any official material what happened after the "miracle" at the end of CCA let alone the machines.
>>
File: 1452024358215.jpg (2MB, 1439x2275px) Image search: [Google]
1452024358215.jpg
2MB, 1439x2275px
>>13717375
Sniff where?

This is important.
>>
>>13716154
>What show won't be shitposted on /m/?
Fafner
>>
>>13717454
The butt.
>>
>>13717461
Because no one watched it
>>
File: 1422895162877.png (457KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1422895162877.png
457KB, 1280x720px
>>13717466
ew
>>
>>13717475
>Not taking a deep whiff of an idols butthole.
>Not eating ass.
>Not sticking your dick in a girls butt.

Are you gay, son?
>>
>>13717440
It's just like the line in Unicorn about mankind standing on a threshold we *may* one day cross while still in our physical bodies. If newtype ghosts can see time and FF can travel to the end of the universe, why don't they know whether or not man will cross that threshold?

Is it just some "always in motion, the future is" cop-out like Star Wars or just a "well we thought that was what the vision of the future meant but it was out of context and we didn't see what happened afterward" like in Gundam X?
>>
File: 1433828244247.jpg (67KB, 514x514px) Image search: [Google]
1433828244247.jpg
67KB, 514x514px
>>13717481
I can dig puss but poopers poop things.
>>
Macross has always been heavy on the pop music thing. That's a fact we can all agree with.

The main issue here is presentation. >>13716217 said it pretty well. A group of kawaii uguu~ magical girl idols doing inpromptu live concerts in the middle of a battlefield is fucking stupid for anyone except idol fans. We are at the point where Kawamori is just latching the "Macross" trademark to an AKB0048 sequel. From what we saw on the preview, it's clear that there's no reason to have VFs at all.

And the premise (using said concerts to control a disease) rapes suspension of disbelief, even beyond anything Macross has done in the past.
>>
>>13717473
>no one
no one with shit taste did, which is why the threads were devoid of shitposting.
>>
>>13716213
>the problems you had with it?
Some people just didn't like the type of show G-Reco was. They wanted somethign else from their gundam and G-Reco didn't deliver what they wanted.

I for one enjoyed it. I would never call it a good show (it has its errors and some of them can really ruin the series if they bother you), but I'm capable of enjoying something even if it isn't perfect.

Around here that makes me a retard I guess.
>>
>>13717489
The issue is that Var Syndrome very obviously starts with music. There's no seperating it once you make that distinction narratively, so curing a bullshit musical disease with music is fine IMO.

Though personally I enjoy weaponized idols out of sheer absurdity.

>>13717485
Don't be gay, Anon. Just put it in her butt.
>>
>>13717489
>A group of kawaii uguu~ magical girl idols doing inpromptu live concerts in the middle of a battlefield is fucking stupid for anyone except idol fans.
Because this is so much different from 7 and F, right? Muh hard scifi war drama.
>>
>>13717504
>>13717504
>Around here that makes me a retard I guess.
That's only if you didn't like G Reco.

If you like G-Reco then you're a Tomino cocksucker who thinks it's the pinnacle of animation and there's just no separating you from that strawman, buddy.
>>
>>13717504
People wanted a show that made sense and didn't have shit mecha design.
Tomino had to officially apologize, that's how much he fucked up.
>>
>>13716217
>What I don't appreciate is turning said idols into magical girls.
This is what bothers me the most aswell. I watch macross to see transforming fighter planes fight and idols sing, NOT the other way around. Also what total idiot decided it would be a good idea to use stock footage from Frontier in a new series.

Having said that it's Macross so I'm probably going to watch and enjoy it anyway.
>>
>>13717507
>Don't be gay, Anon. Just put it in her butt.
No. It's too stinky.
>>
>>13717511
>Muh hard scifi war drama.

Who said anything about that?
>>
>>13717517
>shit mecha design
You see thats where it goes off into the taste-corner. I completely loved the mecha designs (except the Recten) in G-reco.
>that made sense
I agree that the story was hard to follow (lets be fair its not straight forward like most anime), but if you try to piece stuff together yourself and pay attention enough then it'll make sense. Problem is most people don't want to invest that much effort in watching anime and that's up to them.
>>
>>13717520

Well given that the variable fighters took out all but one enemy in the entire episode I don't see what the problem is. Mikumo managed to pacify one enemy in the entire episode, the rest of the time they were working more to pacify the enemy enough that they would put up minimal resistance and to protect the civilians in the area more than to fight the enemy. By comparison the variable fighters took out 7 or 8 enemies even before the Knights of Wind or whatever their name is arrived.
>>
>>13717551
What does that have to do with it? We're still stuck with magical girls using their dresses to fly.

It's something I don't like seeing and it makes me cringe to watch. I don't like shows like symphogear and don't watch them. It's shocking to see it pop up in a show that I do like and it makes it hard for me to watch.
>>
>>13717547
Different guy but I'll always stick by my impression that G-Reco doesnt even need much piecing together after episode 5 but I've only seen people bring up really stupid things like why Bellri stayed on the Megafauna or who G-IT are and why do they want to invade Earth when the answers are right there in the subs.
>>
>>13717572

Then don't watch it.
>>
Delta is going to be fantastic and we will all be listening to the sound track for years.
>>
File: CUpjU3xWwAAZD4E.jpg (146KB, 575x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CUpjU3xWwAAZD4E.jpg
146KB, 575x1024px
>>13717517
I honestly don't think Greco is as hard to understand as people make out. There are only parts where you need to actually think and piece stuff together but the main thread is straight up said by characters so if you pay attention you understand. Like they go to Twosanga cause they have a meeting and then Aida goes hey that place is mysterious and the source of a lot of stuff, lets go there.

I think it is just a lot of anime fans like plots that have little actually going on but everyone pretends it is big. They can forget the details as they rarely mater. Greco the detail is important and thought out

>>13717580
>why Bellri stayed on the Megafauna
People complaining about this one always annoyed me as he out right says he is spying and we see him sneaking around in scenes. He even tries to get info out the captain when interrogated and has an extended scene where he says I will now take a picture of their fleet with the G-Self
>>
>>13717593
People said the same thing about A/Z.
>>
>>13717590
What? Why?

I'm not an authist, I can watch something even if I don't like a part of it. There is going to be plenty of stuff that's going to be great like the VFs that I look forward to.

Doesn't mean I can't be vocal about my distaste.
>>
>>13717594
>They can forget the details as they rarely mater.
Like people who after 5 years still don't know what main characters on game of thrones are called even though they are such "huge" fans.
>>
>>13717602
People on 4chan seem to think if you dislike a particular aspect of something then it means you hate it in it's entirety and you should leave them to their hugbox. Watch as someone will likely ask you why you hate the thing you dislike and try to further box you into a corner where your only answers can be things that make you seem like you hate Macross then chastise you for hating Macross.

Very manipulative even if they don't know they're doing it.

>>13717613
I have friends who watched the entirety of Votoms with me and still refer to every other characters and places as "the guy" and "that place" in conversations where I'd have no fucking idea who they're talking about.
>>
>>13717602

> Why would I stop watching something I just said was difficult to watch?

Sure, you can keep watching it and you can certainly dislike it. I just thinking complaining that something is bad solely because you dislike it and not because it's done badly regardless of how much it fits with the setting and has even been built up is just being silly. You can be silly if you want. Don't expect that people aren't going to call you out on it though.
>>
>>13717613
I was thinking more like how KLK has so much superfluous exposition and points that they never come back to. People don't care as they forgot it anyway and at the time it was so epic and mysterious.

I think it is why the cafe exposition scene is so popular these days. It is a very easy way to sum up all the information so it looks like everything has been built up nicely when really so much is being ignored and what is being said wasn't well or naturally set up. But it makes people think it is
>>
>>13717511
It is pretty different from SDF, Plus and Zero (despite Zero being bad for unrelated reasons). And at least Frontier tried to keep it subtle in comparison to the shit we saw in the preview.

As I said, remove the VFs and the show doesn't change at all.
>>
You guys are prolly going to lose it when the VF's start joining in on the dance numbers because MC is a dancer and seemed to realize when Mirage(?) was shabby in her choreography.
>>
>>13717489
>there's no reason to have VFs at all
That's blatantly untrue, as clearly shown in the preview episode.

The idols couldn't do jack shit against the aerial knights, and even against the Zentradi they needed the VFs to save their asses quite a few times.
>>
>>13717639

Beyond the fact that the VF's were absolutely essential to taking out most of the var controlled Regults and entirely responsible for defense against the enemy that attacks from space that destroy carriers instead of people you mean? I might as well claim it wouldn't change at all by removing the idols since clearly the VFs could have channeled music at them instead and it'd all have been identical. Neither is true by the way. Both fulfill different purposes within the show and that's fine.
>>
>>13717507
>Var Syndrome very obviously starts with music

That really gets to me.
Why is there inherently evil music now?
Why have something that backwards as your plot device?
>>
>>13717489
>From what we saw on the preview, it's clear that there's no reason to have VFs at all.
>We developed power armor! Now we'll have no need for fighter jets
>Ah shit, enemy jets are bombing our infantry!
????

Var syndrome is just a personal (and personnel) scale conflict. The whole setting still uses Regults/Q-Raus/Destroids/Valks. When Var Syndrome affects those who can use mechs, you're going to need mechs to stop them in any number greater than 1 crazy Zentradi with a gun.

Antagonists spreading Var know this and try to assassinate the protagonists (who are the only ones who can cure Var) with overwhelming firepower. The only thing that can give that firepower a run for its money is similar firepower. Use valks to fight valks.

Why is this so hard to understand? How?
>>
>>13717672

We don't know that there is. It could just be singing it at the right pitch or using the right technology to help you or something that does it rather than the tune in particular. It almost has to be really, because the idols aren't going to have only one song that specifically cures it and instead will sing whatever to cure it just so long as they're doing it with the right equipment or pitch or whatever, so the same must be true of the berserk song. Which is definitely technologically assisted in some manner anyways, since it's clearly being broadcast over a much longer range than Walkure's song, presumably using fold technology of some kind.
>>
>>13717639
>As I said, remove the VFs and the show doesn't change at all.
It does since the Kingdom of the Wind attacking with VFs is going to be a major plot point.
>>13717520
>This is what bothers me the most aswell. I watch macross to see transforming fighter planes fight and idols sing, NOT the other way around.
But the planes didn't sing. What the fuck are you talking about.
>>13717489
>And the premise (using said concerts to control a disease) rapes suspension of disbelief, even beyond anything Macross has done in the past.
Are you serious? 7 had beams of singing energy fighting back giant monsters. Zero's singing made rocks and battleships float. Frontier's singing had fold communication. Fucking Plus had an AI idol that brainwashed thousands of people with singing and singing curing a disease caused by singing destroys your disbelief? The fucking Var syndrome is almost the same thing as Sharon Apple's singing brainwashing people and Walkure singing to snap them out of it is the same as Myung singing to snap Isamu back to his senses after being brainwashed by Sharon.
>>
>>13717672
Because music in Macross was always a form of morale/mind control. Raping free-will is evil, anon, no matter what your intentions. Play more D&D.
>>
>>13717672
Something something Protoculture genes something. No one knows much about it but that's what Macross Delta is supposed to be about according to some pre-air info. Could be its broadcasted through a certain device or it's a particular melody that awakes the war like nature in Zentradi.

Windemere people can see sounds or some bullshit if Freyja's dialog is any indication so I expect her to explain it through a silly metaphor of "they're using sounds of a black color, so sad, so painful".
>>
>>13717672
>Why is there inherently evil music now?
>now
Did you watch Plus?
>>
>>13717627
Atleast you tried anon, I guess that does count for something.
>>
>>13717708
Why don't they just kill all Zentradi?
>>
>>13717489
1 of 3 full length Macross series features fighting off ancient space vampires using orgasmic rock and roll, where the main character's VF is flown with a built-in guitar and whose gun fires speakers into opposing VFs. It has magic sound traveling through space. It has music-causing newtype barriers.

It's explicitly shown in 7 that weaponized music is a more powerful deterrent and force than super-space reaction missiles.

If you don't like it, that's certainly fine, but so far we haven't seen anything "beyond what Macross has done before".
>>
>>13717717
Should have done that in SDF desu.
>>
>>13717670
>The idols couldn't do jack shit against the aerial knights
They seemed pretty invulnerable to them and the Regults' attacks.

>Neither is true by the way. Both fulfill different purposes within the show and that's fine.
Not true. The series is trying to be and do two different things at the same time. It works if you like "magical idol" shit, but for those of us interested in the /m/ side of things, this is a fucking abortion. As it is, it does not work.
>>
>>13717717
Because the Zentradi numbers are in the hundreds of trillions.

The Protoculture set up automated factories to produce Zentradi and their weapons of war. Which have been running on their own for half a million years. The Zentradi just keep patrolling around the galaxy and beyond. Looking for Supervision Army to kill.

UN/NUN stand order is. Any Zentradi fleet that can not be cultured, must be destroyed.
>>
>>13717709

Music in Plus has a will behind it. Music isn't inherently evil what the individual is expressing with it can however be negative.

Wen you go and make it a disease you lose the whole point about music as a form of expression.
>>
>>13717742
Music is to Macross what Newtype psychic powers are to Gundam. Simple as that. (Except for the fact that there's only a Selected Few who can be Newtypes in the UC, whereas music affects everyone in the freaking galaxy).
>>
>>13717639
>As I said, remove the VFs and the show doesn't change at all.
The entire thing with the Wind kingdom pretty boys would go completely differently without VFs fighting them
>>
>>13717708
>"they're using sounds of a black color, so sad, so painful".

Please no.
>>
>>13717715

I honestly have no idea whether you're just being smug here in a "your argument is beneath me way" or genuine sympathetic in a "he won't understand it" way. Good job I guess.

>>13717729

They weren't hurt by some debris. Which isn't the same thing. And also doesn't mean that they could take them out, only defend themselves and probably some civilians too. It doesn't work by your own words purely because you don't like it. Which is fine, but doesn't mean it's done badly or ill-fitting just because of your personal preferences.

>>13717742

We've no idea how the var syndrome works yet and there's no reason to suppose the song is inherently evil and not the way it's being sung or the technology channeling it.
>>
>>13717742
And the music we've seen in Delta has a will behind it too. We clearly see a person of some kind in that room, singing the song that induces the Var outbreak. It's no different from Sharon's brainwashing, it's just a more extreme example of the same concept.
>>
>>13717672
Who says it's evil music? Maybe it's just misunderstood like the Vajra.

Also music being used as mind-control isn't new in any capacity for Macross
>>
>>13717754
Ancient Aliens uplifted all intelligent life in the Macross' Milk Way. Everyone is just a slight variant of the Protoculture.
>>
>>13717758
If you brace for it now it'll hurt a lot less when she says it.
>>
>>13717756
>The entire thing with the Wind kingdom pretty boys would go completely differently without VFs fighting them
Not really, no. As I said, this is your average "magical idol" show that has been strapped to the Macross name.
>>
>>13717594

>I honestly don't think Greco is as hard to understand as people make out.

While it was airing there were a few things that I would have to go and think about after it happened. I even asked /m/ a few times and was pointed to the scene I was'nt paying enough attention to.

I'm on my second time through at the moment and I don't find any of the flaws that people accuse G-Reco of to be present. I know that rushed ending will come back and that that is a serious issue. But the G-Reco hate is really unjustified, possibly the left over from the damage done by the "Go back to A/Z" poster who would tell off anyone who criticized the show in order to make the fanbase look bad.

Also on Macross Delta, it has a fairly interesting premise and looks pretty. The directing of the first episode was good as well. There's nothing wrong with having a show where idols explicitly do combat with robots, the quality of the show is based on how they execute it. If one isn't into the premise of the show that is nothing wrong with the show itself.
>>
>>13717771
>Not really, no.
Well considering that they were directly targeting the girls in the first place and were only held back from the VF squadron directly engaging them, I'd say you're wrong

Why do you think Delta Squad is even needed in the first place? You'd only have a point if they had weapons like in 0048 or something
>>
Walkure will be behind Var Syndrome.

You all know this to be true.
>>
>>13717762
>They weren't hurt by some debris. Which isn't the same thing.
They were never directly shot, except for Purple being almost crushed by a building. What I'm saying is that it's clear that the idol part and the VF part run through two different paths. As I predicted, we're watching two different shows that operate by different standpoints.
>>
Logical progression =! good progression.
>>
>>13717772
>The directing of the first episode was good as well. There's nothing wrong with having a show where idols explicitly do combat with robots, the quality of the show is based on how they execute it.
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>13717783
Hell, even in 0048 they had mechs covering the concerts, despite the girls being more heavily armed than the Walkure.
>>
File: 54129115_p19_master1200.jpg (221KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
54129115_p19_master1200.jpg
221KB, 600x600px
>>13717772
>I even asked /m/ a few times and was pointed to the scene I was'nt paying enough attention to.
This is always the thing I find, it is possible to miss a bit but there is always something there. I'd say it was more of an issue but the really easy to miss bits are at worse just why the fraction is attacking, and it is usually always the same reason anyway.

It really is a show that you'll get out as much as you put in, which is what makes a second viewing so good as you just see how much there is. Out of any AU it is the one I want to see revisited as it actually feels like a world in which the story takes place rather than a world set up for a story.

>I know that rushed ending will come back and that that is a serious issue.
I think it is less rushed and more anti climatic, like it just sort of ends as oh everyone we needed stopped is. Like it just needed more of a central event like the tower needs to be saved or the Megafauna is crashing.

I think in a few years once many who didn't care for the show have moved on it will get a Turn A like following.
>>
>>13717808
Well said. The fact that it makes sense in its own context doesn't mean that the ideas presented are any good.

Want to raise the stakes, Kawamori? Kill one of the idols. In the most pointless, gruesome and bloody manner you can possibly imagine.
>>
>>13717808

I don't like this =! It's bad progression.
>>
>>13717821
No the idols are the bad guys Mirage must save us all with the power of rock.
>>
File: 47264042_p0_master1200.jpg (298KB, 800x501px) Image search: [Google]
47264042_p0_master1200.jpg
298KB, 800x501px
>>13717820
>why the fraction is attacking this time
fixed
>>
>>13717824
I like this =! good progression
>>
>>13717820

The thing is, the same is generally true of most shows. Which is why discussion is such a good thing and, with the right group, can help you appreciate a show more, because they can point out flaws in understanding or gaps in knowledge. People still discuss 0079 on that level and point out missed scenes and stuff here on occasion. G-Reco isn't really remarkable in that regard, because most shows will have small scenes that people simply missed or that didn't stick in their mind for one reason or another.
>>
>>13717838

Very true, and I wouldn't want to claim otherwise. Most arguments regarding the use of idols in Delta so far though have come down to "this doesn't feel like Macross" or "I don't like it". Which is an opinion and not an argument.
>>
>>13717839
It has made me think about how people view shows. It isn't something I had every really thought about but a lot of people view shows in a very passive way, not saying that I understand shows on a deeper level but some people view stuff very oddly. Like a lot of people get really angry when they don't understand what is happening in a show whether it is the shows fault or not, while I find why that is and what is going on with the show interesting. That even goes back to stuff like 2001 where some people really didn't like it cause they couldn't get it when the actual plot of robot goes crazy and man attains higher knowledge isn't even all that complex
>>
Macross is even more stale than Gundam.
>>
>liking idols and greco in the same post
grecofans everyone
>>
>>13717720

Maybe, but consider what they did In M& BEFORE it got to that point.

For the first 10 episodes or so, it is clearly shown that Basara's music doesn't solve much of anything. He is just making an ass of himself because he has a crazy dream. He is a very good pilot, but his tactics are not effective.

First we introduce the protodevlin. The protodevlin turn out to be energy beings that live off of some kind of psychic energy. They can use technology to harvest and collect this energy for their needs.
The psychic energy is linked to your emotional state, and music is proven to be able to influence it.
A scientist studying the problem finds that he can tamper with that energy using recorded music, but live music is better, and using special amplifying equipment a greater degree of energy can be produced and controlled, a precedent set by the fact that the protodevlin already have tech that interacts with this energy.

By the time that Basara is singing so hard that his suit makes him glow and directing chiba-units at space vampires to make them freak out, we have a pretty solid base of setup. At that point in the show, its clear that there isn't any reason why Doctor Chiba WOULDNT be able to make song force technology a thing, because spiritia has already been proven to exist and can be controlled by technology. So its silly, but in the context of the setting is no longer absurd.

The idols don't have that level of buildup and justification. When it comes to fantastical concepts, presentation and buildup are KEY. Providing explanation after the fact is never going to be as good as it feeling like an organic growth of previous concepts the first time you saw it.
>>
>>13717935

The idols don't need that level of buildup and justification because they're in a sequel to 7 and Frontier which serve as the buildup and justification for it already. Not every needs a slow build up, and it's not a sign of a bad show to just jump straight in because you can write a good show using that technique too.
>>
>>13717945
>Frontier

Is a sequel to 7 and yet is also did what >>13717935 said.
>>
>>13717945

I disagree. Macross 7 and macross Frontier both used songs to ward off very specific unconventional foes. Sound Force proved to not be replicable after Barsara left, and had no known applications against anything that wasn't a protodevlin. Sheryl and Ranka's fold waves have an important impact on the Vajra, but anything that isn't fold sensitive won't even notice them. Both of these are highly specific extraordinary circumstances that the show went through great lengths to justify so as not to seem childish and reduce songs to literally magic.

Delta, by eschewing that level of explanation, actually risks retroactively undoing a lot of that impressive worldbuilding by saying it never mattered. There is something to be said for diving into a mystery and explaining it over time, but delta didn't give me the impression that this is supposed to be a mystery since everyone involved already knows what it going on. It just comes off as them having stopped giving a shit about seeming credible because idol worshipping otaku will be too busy picking out waifus to ask questions.
>>
>>13717935
By that line of reasoning MSG should have started with 10 episodes of mobile suit development before we saw the Zakus in action.
>>
>>13717970

Because Frontier was going for something different than 7. The two of them together have established that music is an energy that can be harnessed in a variety of ways to achieve a variety of effects. You don't need to establish it again to capitalize on it. All you need to do is establish what the newest effect is and what is being done to combat it this time. Which the episode did.
>>
>>13717982
>Forgetting we did but for the GM.
>>
>>13717982

No, because the existence of the mecha was much more easy to swallow. You will notice that when it came to the fantastical element, Newtypes, Gundam did EXACTLY the 'introduce and slowly build' method.
>>
>>13717972
>picking out waifus

You say that as if Macross was ever anything more.
>>
>>13718029
Functional mecha that the military would use over tanks or planes is just as unrealistic and fantastical as battling idols and space psychics.
>>
File: macross_plus4.png (373KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
macross_plus4.png
373KB, 640x480px
>>13718042
Ahem.
>>
>>13717972
>Delta, by eschewing that level of explanation, actually risks retroactively undoing a lot of that impressive worldbuilding by saying it never mattered.
Literally only 89% of the first episode aired. Give them a fucking chance to explain things in upcoming episodes you sperg.
>>
>>13718068
Figures you're a Plus fag.
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>13718067
If by "unrealistic and fantastical" you mean "they do not exist right now" then yes. If think for a moment that there might be a sliding scale from "just a little bit different from real life" and "absolutely different and borderline impossible" then no.
>>
>>13718080
>Give Kawamori a chance

After what the last 3 anime he did?
No.
He is guilty until proven innocent.
>>
>>13718083
Better than idolshit fag
>>
File: I AM RAGE INCARNATE.gif (1MB, 320x227px) Image search: [Google]
I AM RAGE INCARNATE.gif
1MB, 320x227px
>>13718080
>Give Kawamori a chance
WAT IS AQUARION GARBAGE?
FUCK NO
>>
>>13718067
Last time I checked they establish minovsky particles pretty fast.
>>
>>13718105
At least I can enjoy things and have fun.
Man it must suck having to pretend like you have good taste and that these stupid Japanese cartoons need to be held up to some standard. You probably hate the last ep of Unicorn to don't you? You don't actually have good taste.
>>
>>13718168
I wonder if this is what GSDfags would say about people hating it
>>
>>13718109
is aquarion garbage? someone tell me
>>
>>13718262
Mostly EVOL.
Genesis and Logos are fine, although Kawamori wasn't involved in the latter.
>>
>>13718262
Yes, all of the franchise is garbage
>>
>>13718173
They probably would considering they only exist here as a strawman for you to utilize.
>>
>>13718168
Anyone talking shit about Shinichiro Watanabe's style and likes magical girls has no place talking to anyone about taste.
>>
>>13718324
>Watanabe's style

That's not Macross.
Progressively more over the top cute idols saving the day with music and transforming plane robots is.
>>
>>13717720
Yeah, 7 was shit too aside from the music. We get it.

Delta doesn't even have good music to back it up.
>>
File: 1451481257563.png (208KB, 334x483px) Image search: [Google]
1451481257563.png
208KB, 334x483px
>>13718080
>Give Kawamori a chance
>being a cuck
>>
>>13718374
giri giri ai
>>
>>13718367
>Progressively more over the top cute idols
That's not Macross either. Music is. 80's pop, J-rock, 90's techno, modern J-pop, sometimes even weird religious chanting (in Zero's case) The idol aspect is entirely disposable if the plot demands it, as shown with Zero; it's merely the most oft used because that's where the music is.

Magical girl nonsense, however, is most assuredly something Macross has safely avoided up until now.
>>
File: sharon apple.jpg (215KB, 816x1123px) Image search: [Google]
sharon apple.jpg
215KB, 816x1123px
>>13718367
>>13718367
>That's not Macross.
ahem
>>
>>13718367
>Kawamori pointed out that the delta symbol in the logo is made of triangular symbols to symbolize the three main thematic elements of Macross: music, a love triangle, and Valkyries.

>music
>love triangle
>Valkyries

Idolshit BTFO
>>
>>13718374
>implying your shit taste makes Delta's music just as bad
Ikenai Borderline is currently ranked as the number one single in Amazon jp. Must be really bad eh?
>>
>>13716204
G-Reco's problems was its pacing, it really should have been a 50 episode series everything else was good
>>
File: 1426884563951.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1426884563951.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>13718426
>G-Reco
>problem
Or maybe you're just retarded?
>>
>>13718430
Best girl.
>>
>>13716154
Anon in the end the only way to truly enjoy this place is by having a superniche title you like and sticking to threads related to it. Works with gunparade fags and muv-luv.
>>
>>13718395
>Plus exemplary of the franchise

No its that one anime that attracts all the faggots that then go on to bitch about Delta as if they know shit about Macross.
>>
>>13718518
Doesn't stop it from being the best of the franchise.
>>
>>13718529

SDF is the best of the franchise.
>>
>>13718414
Not that anon but you know why that argument is shit so don't. Use something else.
>>
>>13718540
Not even close. It's third at best.
>>
>>13718518
>attracts all the faggots

Plus is manly anon, kawaii underage idol-group on the other hand.
>>
>>13718385
>Magical girl nonsense

>He post a magical boy
>>
>>13716148
Everyone knows macros was always shit. We just put up with the shit for the sake of the valkyrie action. Though, even the valks have been shit since the switch to CG mechs.
>>
>>13718547

Nah, it's the best. It worked really as both an action series and as a parody/comedy, it balanced it's darker elements really well with both comedy and drama and it told an interesting story about culture shock in a cool sci-fi setting. Plus is decent, but it's nowhere near as good as SDF and ditches the humor and streak of absurdity that the franchise strives for both before and after that point to it's own detriment. It certainly doesn't exemplify the series, since it doesn't do a good job of representing it at all.
>>
>>13717754

Macross Chronicle Worldguide 02A: The Birdman
>>Mayan Shrine Maidens
>>Among the majority of Earthlings, who lost their space-time resonance abilities due to gene manipulation, they are from a family in which the space-time resonance abilities remained in order to regenerate and activate the Birdman. They have the beliefs of the Protoculture and Birdman at the genetic level. Also, it's said that families with identical abilities exist in various places on the Earth.
>>Some Of The Supernatural Abilities Of The Shrine Maidens
>>Caption: Her abilities are for restoring and regenerating the Birdman. She demonstrated through the medium of song the possibility of restoring and stimulating the life force of plants and animals.
>>Technology 08A: Over-Technology - Space Folds
>>Extra Report: Fold Waves And Songs
Fold Waves, which are like waves generated by the higher dimensional space, are said to be deeply linked to Space Fold Navigation. It's thought that Song Energy, which was discovered in 2045, is a kind of Fold Wave, and research is being carried out on them even now.

>>Caption: Such things as the Fold Wave Amp and Fold Speaker were also discovered in the middle of the research on such things as Fold Waves and Song Energy.

A small percentage of humanity was allowed to have the ability to produce Fold Waves. These people through their dimensional resonance ability would be given access rights to bio mechs like the Bird Human and Evil Series Yurva Arga. Also possibly serve as a fail safe in case the Protodevlin escape. Basara, Mylene, Emilia,and Sara has been shown to restore and stimulate life with their Fold Waves. Mylene and Emilia being part Zentradi, however Mirage so far doesn't seem to have the ability as she didn't hear the Var song. Sara and Mao has been shown to have some precognitive ability as well. Sheryl and Ranka are a special case as they produce the same Zero time fold wave as the Vajra due to the V-type virus.
>>
File: VICTORBGM.jpg (405KB, 650x900px) Image search: [Google]
VICTORBGM.jpg
405KB, 650x900px
The false equivalence between Minmay and Walkure really bugs me. SDF was pretty silly, but it's worlds apart from actual mahou shoujo complete with transformation sequences.

"SDF had an idol too so Delta is exactly the same" is the height of retardation. I think it's just used as a rationalization by deep-weebs and moe fetishists who really just want to beat off to the idols.
>>
>>13718584

You're engaging in some nice false equivalency there yourself anon, given that you're implying that anything with idols is basically only popular as wank material and no-one could ever enjoy it for any other reason. I wouldn't say that Walkure is similar to Minmay, but I would say there's a logical line of progression from Minmay through Basara to Walkure and that there's nothing wrong with it. It's an absurd premise, but I like it because it's absurd. I like seeing girls in power skirts boost jumping around and using drones as shields and parachutes for much the same reason that I like seeing dudes in ex-gear fly around and remote control vfs: because it's cool.
>>
>>13718555
>Plus is manly anon
Right. We have 2 male leads acting like complete manchildren fighting over an insufferable woman. I still liked it a lot though despite all the ridiculous drama.
>>
>>13718572
>itches the humor and streak of absurdity that the franchise strives for

What is Isamu being a cheeky cunt during testing?
>>
File: 1451708598279.png (300KB, 708x398px) Image search: [Google]
1451708598279.png
300KB, 708x398px
>>13718518
>Highest quality entry in the franchise attracts new potential fans
>they're understandably disappointed whem they find out the rest of the franchise post 1994 is only average to downright shit.
>diehard fans upset that they call their franchise out on being shit.
Sounds about right.
>>
>>13718687
>I don't like it
>Must be shit.
>>
File: 1444614323406.jpg (65KB, 704x476px) Image search: [Google]
1444614323406.jpg
65KB, 704x476px
>>13718395
Sharon apple was by far my favorite idol. She scratched my itch for 90's-style techno/pop like whoa.
>>
>>13718724
IF WE GET THE TRANSIENT FACTS
>>
>>13718584
It's called doing something different, anon. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad.
>>
>>13718109
that poor gummy bear didn't deserve that
>>
File: 1450634651715.jpg (970KB, 3162x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1450634651715.jpg
970KB, 3162x2400px
>>13718739
THEN WE'LL FEEL THE INFO HIGH
>>
>>13718750
>doing something different

Its been doing the same shit with just progressively wackier idols for the last 3 tv anime.

Fucking Gundam has more diversification than this it has Turn A and G.
>>
>>13718770
>Fucking Gundam has more diversification than this it has Turn A and G.
G is a DBZ ripoff and Turn A is a Xenogears ripoff. Not something to brag about.
>>
File: yf-29-fighter.jpg (157KB, 1100x658px) Image search: [Google]
yf-29-fighter.jpg
157KB, 1100x658px
>tfw we'll never get Boom Boom Satellites style technorock in Macross.
https://youtu.be/_5BJFYo38K0
>>
File: 1451002554652.jpg (12KB, 351x241px) Image search: [Google]
1451002554652.jpg
12KB, 351x241px
>>13718783
>DBZ created martial arts
>Xenogears being remotely original

Could you bait harder?
>>
>>13718783
You didn't even try.
>>
>>13718801
DBZ was the most popular show so it's obvious G would try to get a piece of that cake.
>>
File: bbs.png (191KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
bbs.png
191KB, 500x333px
>>13718789
>No Macross with these two fuckers up on stage as the titular band.

Fuck why do we even live.
>>
>>13718789
>macross will never have songs like RUN AWAY x100
Why live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OpQVGICr1c
>>
File: 1447281402358.jpg (183KB, 850x637px) Image search: [Google]
1447281402358.jpg
183KB, 850x637px
>>13716148
>Will Delta be shitposted by these faggots like G-Reco is?
Not sure, but it deserves to be.
>>
>>13718836
>>13718870
It would be ok if we even had hope to see shit like that one day. But with Kawamori pandering to himself as much as he does these days its pretty much impossible.
>>
>>13718917
Instead you want him to pander to you right?
>>
>>13718968
Considering he's solely in charge of his once iconic franchise, I'd rather him not have shit taste, so in a way, pandering to something other than his newfound fetish for the hands down worst genre of music would be nice.
>>
>>13718968
>Not wanting something new to Macross
>>
>>13718968
Last time a creator pandered this hard to himself we got the Star Wars prequels and Evangelion 3.0.
>>
File: 1450634583487.jpg (1MB, 3703x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1450634583487.jpg
1MB, 3703x2400px
>>13718968
Kawamori's really at his best when he goes outside his comfort zone, so yes, I'd like him to try a new genre more often.
>>
>>13718994
>newfound

Its pretty old he just lost control of his addiction in the last 5 or so years.
>>
>>13719022
We did get something new and you're still bitching.
>>
>>13719049
>Kawamori's really at his best when he goes outside his comfort zone, so yes, I'd like him to try a new genre more often.
Last time that happened we got Zero.
>>
>>13718783
G has waaaay more in common with Saint Seiya.
>>
>>13719049
>Kawamori's really at his best when he goes outside his comfort zone,
That's how we fucking got Zero, which is the only installment he's written.
>>
>>13716148

I actually enjoyed the Prologue ep after whatever the fuck Macross Frontier was.

And I also played Macross 30 and loved it.
>>
>>13717375
Second one.

Holy fuck that bod.
>>
>>13719163
>Instead of one pop idol or two pop idols like the lat time it multiple pop idols!

Yes so fucking new.
>>
File: regult-chan.webm (1MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
regult-chan.webm
1MB, 800x600px
>>13719219
Mecha-chan is a good choice.
>>
>>13719253
But anon they're magical girls now XD
>>
>>13719253
Having the idols actively participate in battle is pretty new to me.
>>
>>13719262
>people actually think this
I can't tell whether these people are deliberately acting stupid, or if they've simply never watched a magical girl show in their lives. Probably haven't watched Delta either, for that matter.
>>
>Shills out devoted audiences in favour of cheap easy pandering to moefags
>This Is not something to dislike a series over and not utterly tacky
>Reconguista is only liked by people who make up bullshit and claim anyone who doesn't enjoy it as simpletons, not the fact the shop was boring, direction less, and poorly coordinated into screenplay
Could almost be Evangelion 4.0 You can (not) comprehend muh deeps
Both are unrelatable messes that are trying too hard to be something which the series isn't and failing to do the basics correctly. Like drawing without using any model creating
>>
>>13719265
That's just making an inferior Sound Force. So also not new.
>>
>>13719364
>inferior Sound Force
Walkure did more in the first episode of their show than Sound Force did in the first 15 episodes of their show.
>>
File: 1375742400244.jpg (50KB, 453x435px) Image search: [Google]
1375742400244.jpg
50KB, 453x435px
>>13719325
M8, you can deny they're magical girls based on some errant technicality all you want, but if this >>13717375 isn't magical girl imagery mixed with their battlefield mix of idol singing and techno-magical capabilities, then I don't know what to fucking say.

It's magical girl shit. Either embrace it or hate it, but don't try to justify it with this "well, obviously you've never seen a true mahou shoujo show if you think this is mahou shoujo" bullshit.

It's magical girl/idol group combo hour and that's fucking that. No use denying it.
>>
>>13719371
Yet still very much inferior.
>>
File: vf-0d.jpg (1MB, 2000x1246px) Image search: [Google]
vf-0d.jpg
1MB, 2000x1246px
>>13719172
>>13719179
Aside from the floating rocks bit and lack of an actual pop idol, I really don't see the problem people seem to have with Zero. It wasn't anything mind blowing, but it wasn't nearly as bad as you apocalyptic faggots say it is.

Besides... it gave us a tomcat with delta wings.
>>
>>13719325
I was being sarcastic
>>
>>13719379
Just because they have a transformation doesn't make them magical girls. They're not shooting laser beams or punching the enemy.
>>13719422
Zero's plot was a god damn mess and the ending was the most retarded thing I've seen in a long time.
>>
File: 1451615550155.jpg (20KB, 337x337px) Image search: [Google]
1451615550155.jpg
20KB, 337x337px
>>13719457
Just because they have a transformation doesn't make them magical girls
>>
>>13719482
>
>>
>>13719482
Well he's right you know. No amount of smug face will change that.
>>
>>13719482
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAc9X-F_j9U
Mylene is more magical girl at this point. Walkure is just cleansing a brainwashing song.
>>
>>13719257
I want to Makina's Nakajimas.
>>
>>13719422
>I really don't see the problem people seem to have with Zero.
Love interest is the worst girl in the franchise

Plot is a complete fucking mess up its own ass with its environmental message

Its an OVA yet it looks worse than most TV anime

Ending is balls

Yet its still considered "canon" over II.
>>
>>13719517
Mylene is Lady M and the founder of Walkure
>>
>233 posts
>61 posters
baka desu senpai
>>
>>13719553
>objectively
Found the retard
>>
I hope to see Mirage sing and pilot at the same time.
>>
Fucking idols ruining just another franchise.
GIRI GIRI AI
>>
>>13716148
I didnt dislike reco cause it was light hearted, i hated it cause it made very little sense. IBO is alot more straight forward and i like that.
>>
File: 54496019_p0_master1200.jpg (621KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
54496019_p0_master1200.jpg
621KB, 900x1200px
>>13719646
>>
>>13719652

It was supposed to be slated for 50 episodes but it was instead cut in half. Hence why everything was so jumbled and a mess.
>>
File: 1451906991121.png (1MB, 876x1154px) Image search: [Google]
1451906991121.png
1MB, 876x1154px
>>13719646
Anon you baka.
IKENAI BORDERLINE
>>
>>13719646
Absolutely disgusting.
IKENAI BORDERLINE
>>
>>13719646
STOP ITS STUCK IN MY HEAD
>>
>>13719674
There's no escaping this.
>>
File: deculture.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
deculture.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>13719682
>>13719673
>>13719671
>>
File: 8907960896089.png (796KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
8907960896089.png
796KB, 595x842px
>>13719646
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-PrOtgYFZ4
>>
full GIRIGIRIAI download for anyone interested
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7ej0h14jj3vlnwe/AABzBEOldbJsDFiSMncVO6wEa/%E3%83%AF%E3%83%AB%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AC/%E3%81%84%E3%81%91%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84%E3%83%9C%E3%83%BC%E3%83%80%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3?dl=0
>>
>>13719457
>>13719533
Mostly this.

That said, Zero had some of my favorite designs, not to mention the best dogfights in the series since Plus, mostly because the VF-0's performance limits meant Kawamori couldn't go crazy like usual, so he had to get creative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-8bDpW823o
>>
>>13720000
Nice quads.

That cobra is one of my favourite things in the entire franchise. Zero was a messy, but that was a real highlight.
>>
File: Alto VS Brera.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Alto VS Brera.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>13720041
Respect the Cobra.
>>
>>13720054
How did that red valk pull off a Trans-Am?
>>
>>13720100
>Trans-Am
The fuck are you talking about? This ain't Gundam 00.
>>
>>13720100
It's seriously just that fast.
>>
>>13720100
Literally just an afterimage. The VF-27 had insane performance.
>>
>>13720100
the 27 can maneuver so fast you have to be cyborg to not die
>>
I GIVE UP.
GUNDAM IS DEAD.
I THOUGHT NIPS WERE SO TIGHT WITH THEIR HONOR AND RESPECT SHIT.
RIP IN PEACE 1979-1999.
GOODNIGHT SWEET PRINCE.
>>
File: G-Reco.png (16KB, 946x568px) Image search: [Google]
G-Reco.png
16KB, 946x568px
>>
>>13716306
>complaining about non-existent arguments
>>13719597
>>
>>13717791
>use shield drones to deflect an attack
>eat shit and end up under a pile of rubble
>CLEARLY THESE GIRLS COULD 1v1 A VARIABLE FIGHTER
Were you born retarded or did you choose to become retarded
>>
>>13720758
I just see a faggot whining then rage quitting because he's gay.
>I'm done with this. I'll just ignore and hide all threads related to this show
literal autist
>>
>>13720758
Some retard is desperately trying to keep that thread alive.
>>
Then Sheryl and Ranka are magical girls because they transform for every song??
>>
>>13719652
>>13719665
G-Reco detractors really are retarded.
>>
>>13716329
Their "enemies" were being mind controlled by the Var song. Var travels through fold waves so the best way to stop their rampage was to interrupt the fold waves to calm them down, and the only way to do that is by way of using idols.
>>
>>13717489
The "war drama"was only meant to be backdrop.
>>
>>13722436
Don't tell me you just got that.
>>
>>13717819
Yeah but they never had barriers.
>>
>>13725451
Ranka had a barrier in the second Frontier movie.
Only thing Delta did was make the barrier portable.
>>
File: kirara barriers.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kirara barriers.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>13725451
Yes they did. Their barriers were based on singing instead of technology, but they were barriers nonetheless. They were fully capable of blocking attacks from mechs, too.
>>
File: still laughing at you in 2015.jpg (39KB, 652x639px) Image search: [Google]
still laughing at you in 2015.jpg
39KB, 652x639px
>>13719257
I wanna discuss Valkyrie specs with her and build model kits after an intense session of hand holding intercourse for the purpose of procreation
>>
File: image.jpg (292KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292KB, 1023x682px
>>13716148
Bandai main building entrance
Thread posts: 276
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.