[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Disney really is going to make a new Star Wars film every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: 1452007285168[1].png (297KB, 1080x1114px) Image search: [Google]
1452007285168[1].png
297KB, 1080x1114px
>Disney really is going to make a new Star Wars film every year now

A big reason why TFA made so much is that it's the first Star Wars film since 83 to be set in the recognizable Star Wars universe. People were nuts to see X-wings, Tie Fighters, and Storm Troopers on the big screen again. Disney thinks this is their version of the MCU and that this will last forever though. Star Wars films are special and anticipated because there's so rare. The wow factor is going to go away when it becomes expected. After a few years, even die hard fans will not go out of their way to see the films right away.

I've heard some talk that they want to make it more like the Bond series, where there's a bunch of films, and breaks when they do badly, but the expectation is that they go on forever. Can you imagine a future where there's 40 Star Wars films? Disney will make their billions in the short term, but they're going to ruin the Star Wars brand in the long run.

Will they be able to bring something new to the table before people lose interest? Right now the films are just mining the original trilogy's Ralph McCurie designs and story ideas. Just fan pandering rehashes.
>>
Can't wait for the crossover with GOG dess
>>
>>13712438
Starshit is the new capeshit
>>
I think this will only be a problem if they start doing new "trilogies" back to back. That would just be retarded. However, doing these anthology movies isn't really that bad because they're basically just EU but as movies instead of books and comics so people would actually pay attention to them. This way they keep the franchise alive with sub-stories while keeping the hype for actual "Episodes" to be the major event. Again, this is of course assuming they're not going to go straight into Episode X like a year after IX is over

And I am honestly pretty hyped for Rogue One

Also, it's probably the only way there would be any sort of way that anything regarding The Old Republic has even a snowball's chance of getting into theaters.
>>
>>13712438
make a movie of Kyle MOTHERFUCKING Katarn and all will be forgiven
>>
>>13712442
I'm more interested in Howard making a cameo in a Duckberg story
>>
>>13712457
>>>/tv/ is over there

Wait, no, /tv/ actually 180ed on Finn now. >>>/pol/ is over there
>>
I'm betting that this movie is where the Jedi from Rebels get killed off.
>>
>>13712438
prequel of TR-8R when
>>
>>13712438
CAN YOU WAIT TO SEE A FULL REMAKE OF STAR WARS?
>>
>>13712473
OT is too sacred to the LSG.

Also that would be no different from a Special Edition. Which is a no no
>>
>>13712473

Nah. They've realized the best route is soft-reboots. That's what TFA is. TFA is a remake of the original film, but with different characters and story. You get the benefits of a remake, but without pissing off the old fans, and seeming to create something new.
>>
>>13712472
YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND BABY RIGHT ROUND
LIKE RECORD BABY, RIGHT ROUND ROUND ROUND
>>
>>13712463
>being this much of a cuck
>not browsing /pol/ daily
I bet you don't even plan to vote Trump faggot.
>>
>>13712438
so what movies are they making?
- rogue scuadron
- han solo
- boba fett
surely they will also make a movie about vader's early years
>>
>>13712486
>rogue scuadron
No dumbass
>>
>>13712438
The rapid release schedule of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has not really negatively impacted Disney in any way, nor has it made people less interested in it. If anything, it has improved its brand.

Fans have a "shelf life" typically. You'll always have your NEET fans so long as you keep them engaged and occasionally throw them something they want, but annoying things like marriage and kids are fan killers... UNLESS you wait until the kids are old enough that parents will buy it for them for the "I watched this when I was a kid" nostalgia factor (like Sailor Moon is trying to do), or unless you catch every generation (like Super Sentai and Rider are trying to do).

Disney's is now trying to do both with Star Wars. It's why you see all these commercials about adults taking their kids to see Star Wars.
>>
>>13712490
Rogue Squadron is canon though. They might make a movie someday
>>
>>13712464

They're unlikely to even appear, and they're definitely not dying. It'd risk the shows audience needlessly to kill them when the show is only in its third season. More likely Disney won't kill them at all and they'll just be Off somewhere else during the original trilogy. Out in unknown space or something.
>>
>>13712523
My point was Rogue One=!Rogue Squadron
>>
File: Dalt.jpg (133KB, 495x750px) Image search: [Google]
Dalt.jpg
133KB, 495x750px
>>13712438
The Bond movies have a development time from 2 - 5 years each.

It's not like Assassin's Creed where they even COULD pump out a new movie each year given all the internal politics. (Though I do think that they'll fast-track the next one, if they want to force Craig to reprise the role.)

Even so, SPECTRE was literally too big.
The movie cost more than it made in America, meaning that they've clearly overdid it and need to scale back again.

007 is a very reliable cash-cow, but he was never Star Wars tier.
>>
>>13712555
Rogue One's gonna end with Rogue One being told to go make a squadron
>>
>>13712624
Will Sam Jackson be the one saying it?
>>
>>13712633
>Sam Jackson plays Mon Mothma for the next ten years
>>
>>13712639

lel
>>
>>13712438
Hey, it worked for Marvel.
though Iron Man was a much, much better movie than TFA
>>
>>13715273
Many Bothans died to bring the Alliance information about the second Death Star, not the first.
>>
Merchandise is what makes Star Wars such a cash cow. The movies are almost an after thought in the big scheme of things. They are an engine to keep the hype train going along. Toys being the coal for it. To keep the train analogy going. Doesn't matter if they are just rehashes. Honestly it's the same thing Lucas was doing with the franchise before the purchase. The only difference is that they are making actual movies on top of all the other bullshit. Which can only help to make it bigger.
>>
>>13715279
Oh you are right, I am stupid.
>>
>>13715273
>There is not a single Bothan in that picture.
because they're all dead
>>
>Disney thinks this is their version of the MCU

The MCU is their version of the MCU though...
>>
>>13712438
More money grab methods.

We leave out important details in the movie and later release them as side stories for moar money.
>>
>>13712438

> Disney will make their billions in the short term, but they're going to ruin the Star Wars brand in the long run.

If the prequel trilogy, the assload of nepotistic crap books, games, comics, movies and fluff that is the EU (though it has some good stuff too in every category, don't get me wrong) and Jar Jar Binks couldn't ruin the brand (and they only made it stronger, not weaker financially) I'm not really worried about what Disney does to it. Then again, I don't think it's all that amazing in the first place. The original films are fun, but I've never found them that special and got in to Star Wars more because of the TIE-Fighter and X-Wing games than anything. Which is probably why I love the Wraith squadron books so much.
>>
>>13712481
I think if Isis really wanted to destroy america they'd have all their sympathisers in the country vote trump
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 500x332px
The force awakens felt like a cheap Star Wars imitation visually atleast.
I kind of wish that the memetic hate for the prequels and the knee jerk hate for cgi didn't mean that they try and avoid any visual similarity. They were terrible films but at least it felt like actual effort has gone into the visuals
>>
>>13715984

Why would something that takes place after the original trilogy have any of the prequel trilogies visuals anyways? Almost all that visual splendor and history was destroyed by the Empire, so anything that comes after it's fall would have to rebuild regardless and would have a new look much more reminiscent of the original trilogy since it's closer chronologically and not entirely destroyed. The films didn't ape the original purely or solely because they were afraid to acknowledge them, but because designing sets that recall them doesn't really make much sense unless your story is set on Coruscant or something.
>>
>>13712438
>t they're going to ruin the Star Wars brand in the long run.
You see. You say that, but George already did
>>
>>13712438

Disney already owns the MCU, you fool.
>>
>>13715993
I think he's talking more about production values
The force awakens felt kind of low budget with regards to set design. Even in comparison to the original trilogy. too much was shot on location and not enough was changed in these places to make it look like it's set in a galaxy far far away. Like at the the end of the film rey just flies to some place in Ireland. It's not doing enough to fool me into thinking it's any other place. Same with that wooded area where they met maz. Sure endor was just shit in woods but it was interspersed with shots like this that made it feel more alien
All the non empire sets looked like a direct to video fantasy movie
>>
>>13715984
If they wanted to make a new trilogy reminiscent of the OT, I would've set it in the New Republic. In the first movie you establish the majesty of the rebuilt world, all pristine and reminiscent of the prequels while still clearly in a state of recovery rather than prosperity. First movie is our hero finding himself tangled between some secret New Republic agency tasked with hunting down remnants and said remnants. He finds himself tasked with something important by a dying agent, is chased off-world by remnant sleeper agents trying to get the macguffin he has in his possession and eventually makes it to the contact he needs to find. Since he's a promising young pilot or something and the agency is undermanned due to New Republic bureaucrats not wanting to admit that there is still a threat out there (bingo, your excuse for underdogs) and they need all the help they can get. Here he finds out he's the illegitimate great great grand whatever of some old famous Jedi and likely force sensitive, since apparently we need a protagonist Jedi in every movie. The plans hint at some massive plans in the works and a weapon they already have running. Since the New Republic military will take too long to mobilize they jump in their fighters and head off to fuck up the not-death-star or whatever. The day is saved while the galaxy is unaware. The protagonist is given his ancestor's lightsaber and resolves to keep working to uncover the big bad.

Next movie, our hero dude is on the verge of uncovering the big threat when everything goes to shit. His agency or whatever is fucked over by a traitor, terrorist attacks rock key worlds all over the New Republic and hero dude is left on his own with the supporting cast to get a message to the military and senate about the impending doom. He's too late and the new empire forces have launched a full scale assault on the New Republic.

Apparently my autistic suggestion is going to take a second post. 1/2.
>>
>>13716026
its like pottery
>>
File: tpmship6.jpg (156KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tpmship6.jpg
156KB, 1600x1200px
I wish they'd brought back doug chiang.
>>
>>13716211
>>
>>13712452

>Kyle Katarn

DUDE NOT CANON LMAO
>>
>>13716202
Hero dude tries to make it to a local military instillation to help out but finds it under siege by the obligatory Sith henchman and his forces. He gets in a saber fight with him and absolutely has his ass kicked on account of having fuckall training, losing an arm and his lightsaber in the process. The supporting cast brigade arrive at the last second in the cool cast bus and drive the Sith guy back, picking up the hero and racing off to link up with the local surviving New Republic holdout. Hero gets a new arm and decides to go looking for somebody. Following his gut (i.e. the force) he takes a ship to some remote planet and eventually finds a bunch of hooded figures in some ruins, one of them of course being Luke Skywalker since Disney already payed to get Mark back. End movie 2.

Hero dude spends years in exile learning the ways of the force from Luke's new Jedi Order and eventually returns to help a galaxy under siege. Leading a whole team of Jedi into battle he helps New Republic forces take control of a communication facility or whatever to rally the troops in the sector where they eventually find out that the Sith big bad has actually been using the force to give a +25 buff to the loyalty and combat ability of his forces. Some other stuff happens and they track him down to his big fuckoff space station. A full scale assault is launched to distract from a team of Jedi and commandos slipping inside, where they fight their way through and eventually get to the big bad. We get a nice lightsaber fight where this time the bad guy is defiant to the end and hero dude kills him before the station explodes because I just decided the station needs to explode. Without his dark side influence the new empire forces crumble, many surrendering and many more retreating. The war isn't over (that's for your spinoff cartoon) but the day is won and the New Republic can start rebuilding.

Not great or anything but I bet it would be better than whatever Disney wants.
>>
>>13716215
That's the part they don't forgive.
>>
>>13712438
>Grim and gritty star wars

Yeah, this will end well.
>>
>>13716255
I can think of two things that did it right and they're both games. This doesn't stand a chance.
>>
>>13716215
FUCK YOU
>>
>>13712438
>Disney thinks this is their version of the MCU and that this will last forever though

Don't they....have the MCU already?

Also by all accounts the MCU will never die. It just keeps going and going.

And hell Japan has been able to keep stuff like all their Toku properties and Gundam running for 30 years and counting so really it's not so out there that they'll have new Star Wars stuff for the next century without running out of gas.

Some people will always bitch, but as long as the money flows...
>>
>>13716496
>Also by all accounts the MCU will never die. It just keeps going and going.

Yeah, every fad lasts forever right?

Public is going to get sick of Super Heroes sooner or later.
>>
>>13716496

Yea, Disney owns Marvel and has with a few years now. The MCU is planned up till at least 2028 last I saw, and may be further at this point - though we don't know what the plan is beyond the next few years.
>>
>>13712463
>Wait, no, /tv/ actually 180ed on Finn now.
I don't go to /tv/, explain. Is it just because they hate him less than Ray?
>>
>>13716518
I think they hate Rey far more because they perceive her as a mary sue.
>>
>>13716518

They were projecting their racial insecurities on Finn. They thought Finn would be a hyper masculine thug with a big dick who spoke in ebonics who would be the star of the film, and date the white female love interest.
>>
I for one can't wait for the Vader and Sheev comedy thriller.
>>
>>13716529
It's not just /tv/, though. You have Bloomberg News' fairly highly acclaimed writer and feminist Margaret Carlson calling her a mary sue as well. And that's not typically a venue for low-brow sociology 101 majors either.
>>
>>13712438

Disney already owns the MCU.
>>
>>13716518
I'm not from /tv/ but I was afraid that Finn was just going to be the obligatory diversity character shoved into a protagonist role. He's actually pretty great. Him getting his ass kicked by a stormtrooper while he was wielding a lightsaber actually helped, as it reminds people that he's just a dude. Rey on the other hand gets a little annoyingly perfect in places, which they've swarmed all over.
>>
>>13716215
this is bullshit
Kyle is one of the coolest SW characters out there
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.