[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

trans - the mental illness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 9

File: 1494111268164.jpg (960KB, 2384x4240px) Image search: [Google]
1494111268164.jpg
960KB, 2384x4240px
why do trans people throw tantrums when you call their condition a mental illness yet proudly claim to have (or even fake) serious mental disorders like bpd and bipolar disorder?
>>
There isn't a single tranny on this board that doesn't think gender dysphoria is a mental illness
>>
>>8555695
>>8555702
It's not a mental illness. It's just a negative thought process.
>>
>>8555695
muh mental illness
back to /le/ddit, stop having total meme opinions and think for yourself
>>
>>8555739
yea its like a herat attack, its just a negative coronary arterial problem
>>
>>8555695
trans is not a mental illness, but a result of a cultural marxist plot to feminise white men and thus undermine the west
>>
>>8555695
>that fake ass dead expression
>ugly as fuck facial features
literally kill it
you can see the mental illness and low genetic quality just from its face
>>
>>8555695
stop acting like every person in any given demographic is the same

The trenders that do that do it because they use transness to express enlightened different identity while they use emotional disorders to absolve themselves from blame when they fuck up. Both are also used for sympathy. The reason transness is ree'd about by trenders when called a mental illness is because it's supposed to get them respect while other mental illnesses are to get them baby'd through acting like an idiot
>>
>>8559187
We called it a mental illness five years ago. Suddenly it's not pc and we have to let these people potentially ruin their lives. Nothing against these guys, it doesn't impact me, do what you want etc but I do think we are enabling the mentally ill by standing back. Some of these identity crises could be resolved with therapy surely. And suddenly there's waaaay more people I know claiming it in the community. It used to be a rarity. Now everyone is trans this or that. Undermines the people who legitimately have a condition when they use the same language to just describe their identity when really it's just a factor of their sexuality. Apologies for bad English.
>>
>>8560032
Have you seen what the hormone therapy does to people that go through with it? Or worse, those who go all the way to surgery. It doesn't help. I know of two suicides, one I knew personally and another a friend of a friend of a friend.
>>
>>8555702

Fpbp
>>
>>8561179
>We called it a mental illness years ago. Suddenly it's not pc and we have to let these people potentially ruin their lives. Nothing against these guys, their just confused etc but I do think we are enabling the mentally ill by standing back. Some of these identity crises could be resolved with therapy surely. And suddenly there's waaaay more people I know claiming it in the community. It used to be a rarity. Now everyone is gay this or that.

When a society becomes socially liberal it is easier for people to come out. It's not that hard to understand.
>>
>>8561204
trans cannot reproduce, hence they must recruit
>>
Gender dysphoria is a mental disorder

But transphobes use that as a reason to dismiss what trans people have to say. An ad hominem argument that conservative rednecks can use effectively because of the stigma (and subsequent reaction).

So these sjws do the dumb thing and deny being mentally ill instead of refuting the idea that mentally ill people can't be logical.
>>
>>8561224
>implying trans have any desire to make more people trans

We're coming for your gender, anon!
>>
>>8561257
IMO it's more that they use the mental illness argument as a "gotcha" to try to get people to accept the "fix the brain not the body" argument.
>>
I wonder why there's more MtF than FtM? Could it be that transgender is a convenient excuse for bored or impotent men to force people to pay more attention to them or opt out of rigorous male life? It's almost like if you let 18 year olds believe their delusions about their bodies and sexuality you have a pandemic of infertile deviants complaining about bathrooms and forcing other people to acknowledge them. So curious how this shit go so out of hand.
>>
>>8555739

i chuckled
>>
>>8555702
i don't think so. if the studies about the brain sex are correct then the mismatch between brain and body is a physical illness which symptoms are mental and which can cause mental illnesses.
>>
>>8561204

wow, scintillating commentary, everything is so clear to me now, wow
>>
>>8561369
There isn't really any evidence that gender dysphoria is more common among AMAB people. However, AMAB trans people are less likely to pass (and thus tend to be more visible) and while dysphoric AFAB people have the option of living as butch women if they don't want to fully transition, there isn't really an equivalent option for dysphoric AMABs.
>>
>>8559170
>back to /le/ddit,

Repeating a meme.

>stop having total meme opinions

Oh now memes are bad. It's all so complicated
>>
>>8555695
trans isn't a mental illness. aspergers isn't a mental illness. adhd isn't a mental illness.
their mind work exactly as expected, given the neurology.

Calling an actual mental disorder a mental disorder is fine, obviously, so nobody gets mad about it.
>>
>>8561353
yeah but when you pry about how you fix the brain you hear conversion therapy chemical lobotomies or even actual lobotomies

these people have no comprehension of how you treat mental illness. they don't speak up for the bipolars, they don't speak up for the schizophrenics, even though those are two marginalized and suffering groups of the population. No, they shit on the homeless schizophrenic or laugh when the bipolar locks herself in the water tower and an heros.

These people don't care about the mentally ill unless they're challenging their notions of gender. They couldn't give a flying fuck less if every schizo in the world died thru torture if only they could make the weird people stop trying to be the opposite gender. These people are social darwin autists who believe the mentally ill should be purged 9/10 times. They're just too autistic to admit they're in fact happy that the weird trannies are sterilizing themselves,.
>>
>>8563367
>but muh brain!

Both schizophrenia and bipolar disorder are neurological disorders. They are triggered by neurological processes in development, many during early childhood just like ASD or ADHD, and they are sustained by brain processes throughout the course of the illness. Where does the line get drawn? The chemical imbalance theory hasn't been a strict thing since the 90's. We're realizing that many of these 'mental illnesses' are in fact neurological/genetic and not strictly psychosocial in etiology. So where is the line drawn?

The same treatments, antipsychotics and counseling, are used for ASD and schizophrenia and bipolar disorder alike. So where is the line drawn? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
>>
lol I don't even know of any trans people that wouldn't be the first to admit that it's a mental illness. The reason you don't hear about it much is because it doesn't matter. They have this ailment and they want to know how to deal with it. Finding a solution is what matters
>>
>gee, why would belittling people who have suffered their whole lives trigger mood swings in sensitive people (thinskin scum)

Why are you this autistic? I don't go outside and call the schizophrenic homeless camp mentally ill. Doesn't it go without saying? Why reinforce it unless your sole intent was to cause offense in desperate people?

In which case, why should I entertain what you have to say further?
>>
>>8561369
Yes, I am a girl because I like arguing about bathrooms and all the attention I get. I quit my construction job because I didn't get enough attention, obviously

Gender dysphoria was made up by big psych and CNN to make the frogs gay
>>
>>8563390
Somebody who acts depressed isn't necessarily depressed, nor do they necessarily have a mental disorder.
If the behavior perfectly fits the situation, it cannot be deemed a mental disorder. If somebody close to you died, you're expected to grief, and then have a period of being low. That's expected, not depression. If you did not have that reaction, you'd probably have some mental disorder.

A woman who looks like a man does not have a mental disorder for being upset about it. Like an intersex person being upset about their physical situation does not make intersex a mental disorder, nor is their desire to change their sex to what they're comfortable a mental disorder.
>>
>>8563436
Gender dysphoria is a mental disorder, similar to depression. It's not that I feel more comfortable as a woman, I fucking hated being a man. If HRT didn't exist I would have surely killed myself by now.

Idgaf if I have a mental illness, I still do better than 99% of the population on IQ tests
>>
>>8563454
Gender dysphoria isn't a mental disorder.
It's your /pol/ believes that makes you believe so. For some reason, you think you know better than all the institutions working on this subject.

Like ugly people can't have BDD. Many times it's misdiagnosed, but in actuality, being ugly and sad about it is just a harsh reality, not a mental disorder.
>>
>>8563472
I've never been to pol.

Gender dysphoria is on my medical record as a mental illness I am suffering from. I would have self harmed had I not been treated.

I seriously think I should have been born a female. At one point I had delusions that I was part of a CIA project to genetically alter fetuses.

I know trenders are fucking up the definition but trust me, it is a mental illness as much as any
>>
>>8563436
>Somebody who acts depressed isn't necessarily depressed, nor do they necessarily have a mental disorder.

You're confusing depression the mood which is commonplace and tied to circumstance with Major Depressive Disorder the recurrent illness.

>If the behavior perfectly fits the situation, it cannot be deemed a mental disorder. If somebody close to you died, you're expected to grief, and then have a period of being low. That's expected, not depression. If you did not have that reaction, you'd probably have some mental disorder.

This is diagnosed under attachment disorder if it is ever diagnosed, not depressive disorder. Again, confusing diagnostic terminology with variable human emotion. Nobody ever fielded the argument that normal people cannot be depressed (the mood). It is when that depression crosses into a pervasive deregulated state that cannot be predicted or controlled by circumstance that we diagnose a depressive disorder. It seems you do not understand the most basic point in this matter.

Regardless, you failed completely to address my point. Where is the line drawn between 'mental illness' and neurological disorder? We can clearly correlate brain regions with current or future onset of Major Depressive Disorder in families known to be susceptible. We can clearly correlate brain regions with current or future psychosis onset. We can clearly correlate brain regions with transsexualism.

Where is the line drawn? You seem reluctant to answer this question.
>>
>>8563485
APA, and various health organizations do not consider it a mental illness.
>>
>>8563485
Don't call folks 'trenders'. You shouldn't invalidate folks' existence just because society invalidates yours. Everyone is valid. Gender is a social construct, and as radical queers we should fight to dismantle the gender binary. That is what being queer is all about. We are not binary and boring, we are glittery and gay.
>>
>>8563487
I just don't want to waste my time on somebody as unintelligent as you.

Physicosis is literally caused by sleep deprivation, in at least 90% of the cases, not by some form of neurological deformity. The cure, for 90% of the cases, is to sedate them enough for them to be able to sleep for a couple of days.
These people do not have psychosis or schizophrenic episodes 100% of the time. That's a huge difference from transsexualism, where it's present 100% of the time.
>>
>>8563487
>Where is the line drawn? You seem reluctant to answer this question.
that anon asnwered the question already
>If the behavior perfectly fits the situation, it cannot be deemed a mental disorder.
>A woman who looks like a man does not have a mental disorder for being upset about it.
the brain regions aren't "abnormal", just more similar to the opposite sex than the birth sex so there is a pretty big difference to all the mental illnesses you mentioned, isn't there? if you classify gender dysphoria, feeling distressed about being one sex and comfortable about being the other, as a mental illness then by extension literally every human being would be mentally ill as they all have these brain structures causing exactly that, wouldn't they?
>>8563485
>>8563492
france doesn't consider it a mental illness either.
>>
>>8563497
Of you do not suffer from the agony of gender dysphoria I will call you a trender and feel no remorse.

Being trans is not something I wanted to be. It's something that ate at me to the point where either I transitioned or died.

Now there are kids who just want attention so they transition. There were trenders in the gay community too. Not recognizing the pain involved in both communities is far more dangerous and unethical than invalidating someone who would have lived their life just fine as their born gender
>>
>>8563492
>APA
>worth shit
>>
>>8563500
2/10

>>8563505
>the brain regions aren't "abnormal", just more similar to the opposite sex than the birth sex so there is a pretty big difference to all the mental illnesses you mentioned, isn't there?

The abnormal brain regions that correlate with ASD are by and large similar to that of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. In fact, there is a strong genetic/familial connection between all three conditions.

Where is the line drawn?
>>
>>8563521
So, being female is a mental disorder... According to you? Well, it does mean being male is a mental disorder as well, but I doubt somebody as unintelligent as yourself know that ftms exist.
>>
>>8563497
Also the implication that gender is a choice is very dangerous. It leads to the idea that nonpassers would be better off not transitioning as it was their choice to transition in the first place.
>>
>>8563521
>>Where is the line drawn?
you didn't even read my post or you just decided to repeat your retarded question just because?
>>
>>8563525
>>8563521
Oh, and I assume you already believe homosexuality is a mental illness as well. If you don't, then oh boy, that's some contradicting statements.

We can really start with religion too, because that if anything, strongly appears to be a mental illness.
>>
>>8563521
what's classified as mental illness is ultimately the end a political decision. activists pressured the APA to delist gender dysphoria as a mental illness. it's pretty much all semantics anyways. the term 'mental illness' carries way too much stigma, eventually, you can expect it to go out of fashion. healthcare is also becoming more expensive, so you can also expect a rebranding of depression as an identity in the near future.
>>
>>8563534
>>8563525
Strawmen from the peanut gallery that cannot debate to save its life.

There is no difference in treatment methods or etiology between what you define as neurological disorder and what you define as mental illness. It is completely arbitrary. I would argue that depression and schizophrenia are neurological disorders which you would know if you read my post here >>8563390 but you seem to be spewing off on tangents so I'm not certain whether or not you care about what position I have so much as what position you can project onto me.

>>8563530
Where is the line drawn? Repeating yourself doesn't count as answering the question or addressing the argument.
>>
>>8563568
I litterally don't care about people as unintellgent as you, so my posts don't have much thought put into them.

Everything was already said here >>8563436
Take your time and read through it, then apply some critical thinking, of your own position.

If you don't consider homosexuality a mental illness, you need to go through some really complex mental hoops to then deem transsexualism a mental illness.
>>
>>8563568
the psychiatric industry is evil and pretty much exists to stuff you with drugs while extracting the maximum possible profit.
>>
>>8563581
-2/10 downgraded for trying too hard

>>>/pol/
>>
>>8563587
The same pharmaceutical industry that mass produces your HRT?

Just sayin'. Can't hate the beast and gorge it too! Or at least, you can't expect it to go away and gorge it.
>>
File: cosmic_super_think.gif (721KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
cosmic_super_think.gif
721KB, 356x200px
>>8559187
>result of a cultural marxist plot to feminise
you are a dumb fuck if you 're believing that marxism has any direct correlation with trannies, not anything that said Jordan Patterson is true.
trannies are pure products of alienation by the market, see how the capital is embracing them.
+ plus the picture and the idea that trannies have of womanhood is pretty caricatural and fake, the same that the market is selling since decades....
>>
>>8563500
As a bipolar who has been in the psych wards with schizophrenics, I can say for certain psychosis is not mostly present or caused by sleep deprivation. That is a bunch of horseshit. It might be the cause of psychoses in people showing no symptoms of manic depressive or schizotypal or schizophrenia, but in the case of people whe present psychoses it's far more varied than lack of sleep: it's drinking and drug use, stress, and oftentimes caused by literallyu fucking nothing. My own manic episodes are triggered by literally nothing in particular. They often happen and rapid cycling occurs because of normal life things people deal with but because I have a disease effect changes that are always unforeseen. I have had it be caused by too much coffee; I have had it happen because I am bored. I have had it happen because of a cold shower. There is no logic to what causes psychoses, only what causes a psychotic break with reality, and it almost always isn't primarily sleep deprivation, but stress that then causes mild psychoses which cause sleep deprivation because the symptoms won't go away.

I have had doctors run dye through my brain and have had tests done to check neurological theories the doctors had about why I was having severe psychoses, depression, and seizures.

>>8563581
You don't even understand what depression is. If one has discontinuity between a mental mapping of their body and the physical reality of that body, it is a disorder. The expected outcome with a normal person isn't to completely lose any drive or feeling towards the life around them; that is the reality of depression. It is an irrational form of perpetual disorderly thinking that doesn't rationally deal with sadness, but completely devolves into dysfunction. The same goes for the incongruity of mind and body with someone with GID: it is dysfunctional until the two halves of mind and body reconcile. You really need to see the results of lack of treatment (it's usually suicide).
>>
a monkey knows its a mental disorder...
>>
>>8563605
Jordan Peterson doesn't think transgenderism is a marxist plot. Are you schizophrenic?
>>
>>8563623
he explained SJW s phenomenon due to Marxism.
I'm still looking for a solid argument or a reaction about my logic in your dumb pointless response.
>>
>>8563623
but transgenderism is a marxist plot, as it is obvious to anyone with half a brain who hasn't succumbed to sjw ZOG-a-ganda
>>
>>8563608
Don't feed the troll, please. It only vindicates its dumb armchair theories about life.
>>
File: 1493812190591.jpg (130KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1493812190591.jpg
130KB, 1000x1000px
>state very calmly and clearly that if you're gonna consider transsexualism and ASD and ADHD as neurodevelopmental disorders you might as well consider schizophrenia and bipolar neurodevelopmental disorders as well, especially in early onset (childhood) forms
>get swarmed with tons of strawmen about how I supposedly consider homosexuals or women mentally ill and other /pol/ shit
>all for trying to make a more inclusive grouping that doesn't have arbitrary categoricalism based on air and truism arguments

rly makes u think about how black and white these people's views are
>>
File: wtf1.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
wtf1.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>>8563643
>transgenderism is a Marxist plot
Explain How bruh, can't wait to hear this! be smart and give us a logical thought, I have faith in you can do it dummy!
>>
File: _89312350_1.jpg (56KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
_89312350_1.jpg
56KB, 660x371px
>>8563672
just watch this. it's all part of the plot, it seems crazy I know, but then the puzzle pieces come together and BAM! mind blown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBXoXB3QvyI
>>
>>8563636
You didn't really say anything. It was a lot of vague nonsense pop culture commentary with little relevance. You didn't even spell Peterson right. You wrote a redundant "+ plus" which means what? Double plus? You also seem to agree with me, that marxism and transgenderism are not connected... so why argue? You can't furnish proof Peterson has stated marxism and transgenderism are related.

>>8563643
That's not true. Marxists may love to use transgenderism to gain power and game the system, but the two are allied at times only because of necessity. If transgender people were respected as human beings, maybe we wouldn't have so many aligning with SJW marxists to get what they need. That seems to be your kind of voting block's fault for letting the problem get out of hand and refusing to co-opt convenient groups who can redeem your KKK image. ZOG shit is conspiracy theories; marxism everywhere is conspiracy theories.
>>
>>8563689
its a fucking youtube vid. are you fucking kidding me
>>
>>8563703
cultural marxism goes beyond economic marxism, it aims for total equality, that means abolishing gender and the family by promoting lgbt and abolishing racial differences through enforced race mixing
>>
File: ew.jpg (7KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
ew.jpg
7KB, 213x237px
>>8563689
hmm like I thought you don't have any plausible argument, just throwing away a pattern of nonsense thoughts made by the right wing.
philosophy is not binary! trannies are a pure product of the market! you have just to open your fuckin eyes and see for fuck sake. Alienation Google that term!
if in your dummy world; you mean by Marxist = alt-left cunts of our era then I agree with you.
but like I said I'd be glad to hear from you the connection between trannies ideology and the work of Marx.
>>
>>8563689
>just watch this video, it will totally 100% connect this 19th century political-economic theory to the trannies on 4chan

>it's a conspiracy!
>>
>>8563764
its the hegelian dialectic, leftists want to promote trans because thesis is male, antithesis is female and synthesis (communism) is transgendered.
>>
>>8563666
You're just too unintelligent.

You were comparing bipolar to ASD brains, and said that's why they're mental disorders.
Then you get told that trans people don't have abnormalities, but reflects the brain structure of their desired sex. Then you keep going on that there's no difference, which means you consider being male/female to be a nerurological, and mental, disorder.

You're just, really, really, stupid, and unable to apply critical thinking.
Get help for your autism.
>>
>>8563788
>trans people don't have abnormalities, but reflects the brain structure of their desired sex
Even if this theory of trannies being "neurological intersex" is true (for which there is no concrete proof by the way) that is still a major abnormality
>>
>>8563773
but it is a conspiracy, i thought i was transgender once, but turns out i had been brainwashed by ZOG to hate white masculinity. I became a fascist bodybuilder and overcame my brainwashing through sheer willpower.
>>
>>8563804
It's not an abnormality, since it's found in completely neurologically healthy individuals.
Transsexualism is basically intersex, but there's (or should be) a lot of tension between transsexualism and intersex.
>>
>>8563775
>hegelian dialectic
no it's not! because you are just mixing up names by calling SJW's Marxist!
for the third time, I'm still waiting for any argument or response for my question: how the hell the work of Marx(especially in sociology) is promoting trannies?
gimme references source dummy
>>
>>8563812
>fascist bodybuilder
I would be willing to bet obscene amounts of money that you have no historical understanding of real-world fascist political theory and that you just like feeling 'edgy' by identifying yourself that way. Also that you are a skinny stick.
>>
>>8563788
-4/10 for still trying this hard

don't you have a troll thread to be shitting out on /lit/ or /his/ or whatever crapsack you lurk?
>>
>>8563827
>Also that you are a skinny stick.
no. I am swole. I can defeat any transgender in physical combat.
>>
>>8563815
Don't you feel just a little stupid claiming that being transgender is not an abnormality? Of fucking course it's an abnormality... so is being intersex. It doesn't make it harmful but it's fucking obvious that it is an abnormality just by the numbers of cis and trans people. (By the way trannies are NOT 'basically intersex', at all.)
>>
I remember when it was popular to say being gay was a mental illness. It wasnt that long ago.
Now its "not a choice"

Time is a flat circle.
>>
>>8563822
I will defeat you in physical combat.
>>
>>8563706
>are you fucking kidding me
lol you marxist sjws are just like the memes. haha i suppose you must identify as an attak helicopter as well. shadilay and pepe. godspeed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvfhmhITkYY
>>
>>8561189
Why is it that not many want to talk about the increased suicide rate for "trans-people"?
If transitioning is supposed to make them happier, why such a high rate of suicide?
>>
>>8563497
but i'm a binary and boring transperson. stop erasing my experience
>>
>>8561257
>accusing others of making ad hominem attacks, while making an ad hominem attack

^ This is why the people with Gender dysphoria are not given the proper attention.
As a conservative, I do care for those who are truly affected. However, it must be properly diagnosed by a professional who knows the difference between attention seeking and mental disorders.
>>
>>8563822
>>8563773
>>8563706
Funniest part is that you think you're so much smarter than him, when you're all falling for obvious bait. Retards.
>>
>>8563996
Post your source and your stats. I'm not saying suicide isn't a problem but the suicide thing has become a meme based on misread studies and is exaggerated beyond the reality.
>>
>>8563492
Gender Dysphoria is recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM–5). "In this chapter, sex and sexual refer to the biological indicators of male and female (understood in the context of reproductive capacity), such as in sex chromosomes, gonads, sex hormones, and nonambiguous internal and external genitalia." http://psychiatryonline.org/doi/book/10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596#/doi/full/10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596.dsm14
>>
>>8563492
Illness and disorder are interchangable words when referencing the brain's neurological functions.
>>
>>8563845
You're claiming neurology of female and male is by default an abnormality.

There's a mismatch, which is an abnormality, but it's not a mental abnormality.
>>
>>8563759
Cultural marxism isn't real. It was an idea invented by paranoid conservatives in America. Real marxism doesn't care about gender at all, save for the concept of gender Marx had, which was egalitarian. Marx never promoted this idea you are expressing, the devaluing of family. Marx also didn't give a shit about gays, too, or race mixing. All of that is not a part of Marxism and doesn't matter, mainly because cultural marxism is an invented term and a conspiracy theory. Either marxist communism promotes gays and destroying family units, or it kills gays and relies on identity and family to support its regime. The latter and the former can't be true at the same time; so next time you attack the Soviets for being overwhelming gay and jew murderers, remember that you also believe their marxism promotes the things they destroy (historically they have only destroyed these things you say they promote).
>>
File: 1489678928290.jpg (787KB, 2452x2839px) Image search: [Google]
1489678928290.jpg
787KB, 2452x2839px
>>8555695
because you never post sources
>>
>>8564098
Not everything in the DSM is mental disorders, it contains things that aren't considered mental disorders, but doesn't fit anywhere else.

There needs to be a diagnoses for there to be proper health care, but since it won't be considered a health issue for a decade or longer, it has to be a diagnoses in the DSM meanwhile.
>>
>>8564129
>Not everything in the DSM is mental disorders

Explain the name then:
Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of MENTAL DISORDERS
>>
>>8564129
But seriously, why follow a book put out by Psychiatrists who push pills over actual treatment?
>>
>>8564142
god you are a fucking retard post your evidence or fuck off
>>
>>8564142
Because the DSM in 1957 was a pamphlet and was just the name.

Guess what though? Shit bloats over time. Now it's far and away not just a compendium of mental disorders since it has shit like dementia in addition to what you'd find familiar.
>>
>>8563689
That image really shows you have no idea what you're talking about, because literally no trans people who say that dressing as a woman is what MAKES them one.
>>
>>8563775
Except transgender isn't a third gender, it's usually just crossing over from one to the other. Which isn't how the hegelian dialectic works.
>>
>>8559187
>believing in cultural marxism
>>
Milo has such a punchable face, don't know why
>>
>>8563666
Most people aren't diagnosed at a young age, and instead late puberty and early adulthood. Schizopheria appears out of nowhere, with even genetics not being able to accurately detect it as there are more people with schizophrenia who didn't have a family history of it. I personally have never heard of a case of schizopheria that was below the age of 15.

Bipolar CAN be diagnosed at a young age, but it's frowned apon to do so, especially since the child's brain is developing at this time. It can be hard to tell if it's an actual illness and not just the personality of a problem child who's learning how to properly act in the world.

Also, developmental disorders are classified as being disorders that affect, well... development. An example would be how ADHD often comes with multiple other symptoms besides attention issues, like learning disorders that cause trouble for them in school. Autism is another developmental disorder as well, because it affects how well a person can physically and mentally function, as well as how a person interacts with others. Developmental disorders begin in childhood and affect the person with them their whole life. A person with bipolar and a person with schizophrenia can never be cured, but they may still be able to function in society like they did pre-diagnosis, if you understand what I'm trying to say. Like being schizophrenic doesn't automatically make you less intelligent out of nowhere. Schizopheria itself is actually like a spectrum; people have different variations of it and some people have it quite mildly. Not saying that autism or ADHD are automatically worse than bipolar or schizopheria; both are shitty illnesses to have and deal with, schizopheria especially.
>>
>>8563666

What IS a mental disorder anyway? Is there any mental disorder that wouldn't be better classified as neurological/neurodevelopmental?
>>
Same reason gay people get mad if you call being gay a mental illness but are proud to say they're bpd.

You also underestimate how redpilled /lgbt/ is relative to the average faggot or tranny.
>>
Essentially, it's offensive in modern society to consider people mentally ill simply because they're making decisions that makes them unlikely to ever reproduce.

Not only would opposition to LGBT hurt peoples feels, it may increase the birth rate if people were pressured into heterosexual relationships they didn't want, possibly reducing the amount of immigrants that could come to the country. Further, it might delay the era of equality that will come when the whites all die off.

Western society is a collective death cult so it should be no surprise that conditions that make it harder to work are considered mental illnesses, but conditions that make it harder to reproduce are not. Mental illnesses are all determined arbitrarily and are a value judgement fundamentally, and there is nothing about being LGBT that is against modern values.
>>
>>8555695
Is this the most punchablr face in existence.
>>
>>8564118
Oh, for fuck's sake.

It's called that because the ideas of the far-social left today were inspired by Marx. If you ever took any race/class/gender studies courses, you would know that this intellectual background is openly acknowledged even at the 101 level. So yes, the right is calling it "Cultural Marxism" for a reason.

No one is fucking say that Marx cared about faggots. Christ Almighty.
>>
Itt: a lot of people under age 30 who have accomplished fuck all, given nothing back to the world, and think their opinions are more important than they are like every typical autistic dweeb on 4chan
>>
>>8566954

This post: triggered delusional tranny
>>
>>8563907

Gay people aren't self mutilating and sterilizing themselves to line doctors wallets. We are not the same, you should not be grouped with us.
>>
>>8555695
I'm ftm and look like this person (Milo?), except with no butt-chin. Will T fix me?
>>
>>8566970
gays are killing themselves via ass cancer, tho
>>
>>8567204
Pretty sure those puzzle pieces don't actually fit together though. So it's actually a good metaphor for people who twist evidence to support an agenda, rather than actually seeking the real truth.
>>
>>8567204
The rectum is in the shape of a heart <3

>>8567224
They actually do fit, but sorry for your ass cancer.
>>
>>8555695
>yet proudly claim to have (or even fake) serious mental disorders like bpd and bipolar disorder?
Only transtrenders and genderqueers do that.
>>
>>8567243
>They actually do fit, but sorry for your ass cancer.
I'm straight though. And what makes you so confident that they fit? Did you take the picture yourself? Because the part sticking out of the piece on the right has a very flat edge, which isn't compatible with the curved opening of the piece on the right.
>>
>>8567265
>I'm straight though.
lies
>>
File: 1499794219907.png (103KB, 503x589px) Image search: [Google]
1499794219907.png
103KB, 503x589px
>>8567265
The light kind of blocks the other part of the piece, but you can still see it if you look hard enough/adjust the values. I had to draw the pieces since I don't have photoshop atm, so they're a little bit jagged.
>>
>>8567184

Use Milo as a metric if you're around the same age. She was on androgel for 5 months then switched to injections. She doesn't quite pass, but looks like a more masculine Tyler Oakley at least.
https://youtu.be/yL88z6_tBAc?t=4m50s
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.