[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/meg/ - Military Enlistment General Last thread is too long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 41

File: submarine.jpg (1MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
submarine.jpg
1MB, 3872x2592px
/meg/ - Military Enlistment General
Last thread is too long edition

>IRC Channel
>implying anyone uses IRC
#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

>www.defencejobs.gov.au/
For info on the Australian Defense Force, and how you can shitpost on the world stage.

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/6764857

Ask questions, get advice from retards, bitch about recruiters, accuse each other of stolen valor over melty-cheesy hot pockets and Mountain Dew.
>>
File: 1454556454975.jpg (75KB, 497x576px) Image search: [Google]
1454556454975.jpg
75KB, 497x576px
>mfw people are actually considering going nuke

enjoy your prolapsed anus from all the toxic sub chemicals
>>
>>28846065

Its not like they will pass their A-school. I never understood why recruiters push it so hard knowing that none of them will even pass their math exams.
>>
HOLY shit i recgognize one of thise fuckers on that boat. I think its the uss texas. He teaches at SUBSCHOOL.
>>
>>28847337
Bumping
>>
>>28846065
some kid in my MEPS group told me he was going to be a nuke

god save that lad

also
>last thread is too long
since when is that a reason to start a new thread?
>>
File: 1454373955983.jpg (252KB, 627x698px) Image search: [Google]
1454373955983.jpg
252KB, 627x698px
Who /air force/ here? What is good enlisted job to get? What is a good officer job?
>>
>>28848290
Well what are your skills or interests?
>>
>>28846033
Im studying welding in a program right now, and am considering becoming a support welder in the army in a few years. What do I need to know?
>>
>>28848290
>Good officer job: laughing at the enlisted
>Best junior enlisted job: none
>Best senior enlisted job: laughing at the junior enlisted
>>
File: PJ1-425x282.jpg (42KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
PJ1-425x282.jpg
42KB, 425x282px
Want to be a PJ, how realistic are my 12 month goals from my current stats

Current:Goals
Run:14:00|11:00
Run 5 miles: Unknown|35 minutes
Ruck:Unknown|2:30/12mile
Deadlift:225|325 for reps
Squat:185|225 for reps
Bench: 125|185 for reps
OHP: 90|135 for reps
Strict Pullups to Chest: 3|20
Underwater Swim:50m|100m
Pushups:50|85
Situps:60|100

Currently lifting 3x week, running anywhere from 10-20 miles/wk, interval training, and swimming once/wk. That combined with school is makes recovery tough so I'm wary to add in anything more just yet
>>
Alright I'm lay this shit on you fellas as best as I can, I did not get my HS diploma, and every option I've pursued for getting it has turned out to be a very long and complicated road that could take up to a year. I want to join the Marine Corps, but they don't let anyone without a diploma in, but I know the Navy does. My first question is could I try out for the Navy SEALS without a diploma, if not, is there ANY American special forces I have a chance of getting into without a HS diploma, or should I settle for Army infantry?
>>
>>28851550
Get your GED + 15 college credits and you're good to go in all them branches
>>
>>28851872
To add to what I said, if you have just the GED and no college credits you'll need a AFQT score higher than 50%, you'll also have to wait for a GED slot to open up, since they're limited

Either way senpai, get your GED and the credits so you don't have to worry about that, shouldnt be too hard if you want it bad enough
>>
So can I pick when I leave for basic training? I'd rather not go to Fort Sill for 4 months during the summer. I fucking hate heat and humidity and would rather avoid it as much as possible. I mean, if I have to go during the summer, then I have to go. But if I have a choice, I'd rather not.
>>
>>28852394
I feel you breh.

The ost you can do is choose when you go and talk to a recruiter, and calculate how long it would take to ship.

I would enlist in June to make sure I can get a slot 3 months from then
>>
>>28852622
>I would enlist in June to make sure I can get a slot 3 months from then
Okay, this is what I'll do.
I'm taking my ASVAB next tuesday, so I'll just go to my recruiter after and schedule meps for then
>>
>>28852763
Also, has the army unified the standards yet? Or are there still male and female standards?
>>
>>28852811
Yes there are still male/female standards.

What's your MOS? I'm assuming 68w bc you said Ft. Sill
>>
>>28852837
13B
>>
>>28852842
Oh right on.

I'm a 68w dep, so we go to the same basic.

I hear horror stories of how females are, especially in MOS's like mine so hopefully it isn't too bad.
>>
File: 155fire.jpg (312KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
155fire.jpg
312KB, 1500x1000px
>>28852891
I'm uh, I'm actually a grill. I was hoping the standards had been unified so there wouldn't be a break and judgement would be equal. I don't want to be associated with the lazy fuckers that give females a bad name. I take pride in being competent in whatever I do.

But that hasn't happened yet, so I'll focus on meeting the minimum standards for males for now, and doing better than that by the time I ship out.
>>
>>28851872
>>28851940
CO mentioned they rarely accepted GED people, but I suppose I can put it up to him again.
>>
>>28852972
You take pride in being competent in whatever you do but you can't even meet the minimum standards for men?

Fuckin women
>>
>>28852974
That's why I mentioned the college credits, it puts you into Tier I along with the people with HS Diplomas, as opposed to Tier II with people that only have GED's
>>
>>28852999
I used to be able to when I was a thrower in high school and planning on enlisting. Then I let myself go to shit when I went to Uni.

I can meet the minimum standards for males in push ups and sit ups, but I'm 10 seconds away from meeting the minimum for the 2 mile run.
>>
File: 12851.jpg (3MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
12851.jpg
3MB, 3072x2304px
>>28852972
Lmao, my bad

Separate yourself from all that female drama and you'll be a straight shooter. And work on your PT, don't become a stereotype for weak, fragile women
>>
>>28846065
Is it worth it going nuke if I already have a degree?
>>
File: 1418117690862.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1418117690862.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>28853754
>nuke
Highest suicide rate in the Navy
>>
>>28853053
>thrower in highschool

Another dyke joins the mitary

Glad I EASd b4 the military was a gym for gay people to hook up.
>>
>>28853806
>>28852999
Is this supposed to be sick bantz or what?

Seriously stick to this
>>28853272
and you'll be good.
>>
>>28853827
>cant handle the bantz
>>
File: Fruity Rudy.jpg (66KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
Fruity Rudy.jpg
66KB, 550x412px
>>28853806
>dyke
Nah
Thinking back on it, only 2 of the 20 grills on the team were gay. Both mainly shot putters.
The pole vaulters, softball team, basketball team, and wrestlers had a much higher rate. Water polo too, but those were the same dykes that did those other sports.
>>
>>28853827

No. Women do horrible in the military. They don't belong. At all.

Not even hating, it is common sense. And bulldykes who think they can "hang with the boys" are the worst.

It's been proven, by like... Umm... Facts.

But that probably hurt your feelings, so welcome to the 75th Regiment GI Jane. Congress said you passed, even tho you didn't.
>>
>>28853854
>It's been proven, by like... Umm... Facts.

Pro argument

Also, I have a dick and not in the Army.
>>
>>28853854
>75th Regiment
Who said anything about Rangers?
>>
>>28853871

Well if women are equals why don't we mandate Rangers and all Infantry Army and Marines have to be 50% female.
>>
>>28853893
>why don't we mandate Rangers and all Infantry Army and Marines have to be 50% female.
Why would we do that? Why the need for a mandate? Women are clearly not equal physically to men. That is basic biology.
The point is to have standards that fit the job. If anyone- male or female- cannot meet those standards, then they're out. That is fair and just. If that means the combat arms is composed of .001% women- or no women at all, than so be it.
>>
>>28853921
>combat arms is
combat arms are*
>>
>>28853893
Well if blacks are equals why don't we mandate Rangers and all Infantry Army and Marines have to be 50% black.
>>
File: 51kgNKhgusL.jpg (37KB, 300x430px) Image search: [Google]
51kgNKhgusL.jpg
37KB, 300x430px
>>28853921

But women can't meet standards.

The women who passed rangers were recycled 3 times, 1 more time than men are allowed.

And like those women who signed up for Rangers, the only women that passed marine Infantry received help from their male counterparts.

Not to mention that's meeting minimum standards, which most "good" Infantry units go far beyond the min standards.

Plus, you didn't consider my feelings. Don't yell at me 1st Sgt, I didn't have my period yet. I think Lcpl Schmuckatelli and PFC Doesn't Give A'fuck impregnated me in the portashitter.
>>
>>28853952

There's about 50% men and women.

Race is a mixed bag..

I see what you tried to do, but you're wrong.
>>
>>28853971
>or no women at all, than so be it.
What isn't parsing there

If you're right and it's literally impossible for any woman to meet the standards, then under this system they wouldn't be let in.
>>
>>28853976
Fine, you pedantic faggot. 13% or 18% or whatever the number is. Nobody wants mandated quotas for the military, and for good reason.
>>
>>28853978

You're just kind of stupid. Huh?
>>
>>28853971
>The women who passed rangers were recycled 3 times, 1 more time than men are allowed.
Then they shouldn't have passed. I'm in complete agreement with you here.

>Plus, you didn't consider my feelings
And I will keep on not considering it. This feeling shit should not be tolerated and pandered too.
And I'm of the opinion women in the military should be on birth control for the term of their service.
>>
>>28853993
Or you could explain your counter argument like a grown-up :)
>>
I think the military should require people to be over 21, have an associates degree, and speak at least two languages in order to be hired.
>>
>>28854004
But who would be the cannon fodder?
>>
>>28854004
I think you don't understand the United States' role and presence in global conflicts.
>>
>>28854001

Women meet the minimum standards. Barely.

Then they show up to their unit and are a burden and a distraction.

Source: ask any man who's ever worked with a female in the military. I was a grunt so I only ran into them rarely. Actually just straight up ignored the ones that tried to get uppity. "You want what? Sorry Ma'am I have somewhere to be."

Then I just turned 360 degrees and walked away.
>>
>>28853994
Speaking of birth control, it can also be used to keep periods from occurring. With the pill, for example, you can just keep skipping the placebo week and take the regular ones instead. Boom, no bleeding for a week a month. Saves a bit on pads and tampons and painkillers. Stops the whining about the cramps too.
>>
File: 1454928856845.jpg (112KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
1454928856845.jpg
112KB, 564x564px
Do you salute the rank, anons?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cate_McGregor
>>
What do you guys do about running when it snows? I usually run at a local high school track, but it snowed last night and I'm concerned about potentially slipping when I run today.
>>
>>28854301
If you slip you can sue them.
>>
>>28852394
The winter is worse my friend. During the heat they have to limit much of the fuck fuck games and actually pay attention to your well being because dehydration and heat stroke can kill you.

There's no such luck in winter. You'll be subjected to extreme cold and just be told to suck it up. It's much harder to get hypothermia and chilblains than heat related injuries and you're much less likely to get any permanently debilitating effects. But that's bad because they then know you can bear much more cold related misery than heat. You'll pull security on frozen ground, get wet from sweat then freeze when you stop rucking, PT gear is determined by temperature but they wont factor in wind chill. You'll be freezing your ass off with only a long sleeve and shorts. You'll be told snivel gear is for winners and you bunch are the worst cycle they've ever seen. The barracks have to have AC in the summer heat but if the heat is broke(and it will be) in the winter, your SOL and drills will force you(they will check) to wear only PT gear to sleep, no waffles. You'll be doing just as much activity in winter but given far less rest and water breaks. The pain of bare hand handling a frozen M16 in 10 degrees is brutal. The insects are annoying in summer but you'll be supplied with plenty of bug spray and sleep in tents. In winter the ground under your tent will freeze and sleep is impossible. Fireguard in the field during winter at night is unbearable compared to summer when it will almost be the most pleasant. Your PT score in winter will also take a big hit because you'll be forced to do it in just shorts and short sleeves, standing around before and between events freezing until your joints lock up.

Try to aim for fall or spring but whatever you do dont go during winter.
>>
File: fug.jpg (48KB, 636x401px) Image search: [Google]
fug.jpg
48KB, 636x401px
>>28854334
That uh, that sounds terrible
Thank you for being candid
You've potentially saved me from added misery
>>
anyone recently do a Yousession? what was the maths and aptitude like? I know it's very easy, but I still wanna study haha
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 282x203px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 282x203px
>>28854364
lmao beta , can't handle the weather fag?
>>
>>28854373
As long as you aren't a total shitbag loser who is diagnosed with depression & can do basic math you will be fine
>>
>>28854374
I like to experience my winter well geared. Below zero temps I can handle so long as I'm dressed properly. But when shit like wind chill isn't factored into the gear you have to wear, and shit like
> Your PT score in winter will also take a big hit because you'll be forced to do it in just shorts and short sleeves
happens, and also that they apparently have you handle firearms in below freezing temp with no gloves, that's where I draw the line.

I've seen plenty of people's bodies fuck up in the winter because they weren't prepared. So I take freezing temperatures seriously. I expected the army to too.
So ya, I guess I can't handle the weather.
>>
>>28854373
>YOU session

ah, another fellow Aussie!

the YOU session is information and a small test that if you are competent, you'll be able to finish in 20 minutes, even though the ugly psyche girl says that you have 45 minutes and barely anyone finishes them.

if you can into pattern recognition, you'll get offered some nice Army jobs and piss poor navy and air force jobs, because a decent math score is important to those branches.

On assessment day, its a piss in a bottle, do a duckwalk and a few pushups in your undies, then an interview with a pysche evaluator who will not shake your hand and shit down your neck if you even look like you will hesitate to down a durka kid with a grenade.

then there's the interview
works like a job interview, see tips on job interviews for that.

then there's the fitness test.
each is different for every branch and the minimum is piss poor, do triple the requirements.
When you pass that, you will go through the montions until you get sent to Kapooka (basic for the burgers) for 90 days

after that you get sent to a base to train you for your job.

Got any more questions, im staying up all night
>>
>>28854478
What's wrong with his face
>>
>>28854483
He's staring into your soul and knows that you will not be settled here.
>>
>>28854483
He's spent his entire life upside down, man. Be nice.
>>
>>28854489
>>28854483
Seriously though
first time i saw that picture hanging on the wall of the recruitment center, i kinda chuckled like a shitcunt.
>>
>>28854385
about depression, back when I was faglord addicted to vidya, my parents kinda took me to a therapist at the hospital. I'm completely fine now but will I need anything to prove that??
>>
File: 1453537105180.jpg (99KB, 491x500px) Image search: [Google]
1453537105180.jpg
99KB, 491x500px
>>28854478
Ayy I got a few questions

I cant decide between Rifleman or Fitter Armament, Do you know anyone from either role? Whats it like during peacetime for them? Which out of the two would benefit me long term when I leave the army and say go private security or something?
>>
>>28854478
>>28854519
this for you, cheers mate! sidenote; the depression was 2 years ago if that matters
>>
>>28853854

Your daily reminder that most of the military works in an office or motor pool and will never see life or death combat. Females do fine.
>>
>>28854532
The issues most people have is whether or not females should be allowed in the combat jobs.
All other jobs have been open to them for a while now.
>>
>>28854519
If it's not an issue now, dont mention it
Seriously, dont mention booze, weed or depression at all.
>>28854521
Every 16 year old straight out of high school wants the rifleman job, including me, and just like the Americans say here, "Peace time is the most boring fucking thing in the history of the earth for infantry".
Fitter Armament means you are actually useful even in Peace time and are less prone to fuckfuck games.

also, the Rifleman job is filled with bogan 18 year olds and incredibly smart 20 year olds.
it's a mixed bag because everyone wants to bag a durka.
>>
>>28854555
fucking awesome thanks man.
Honestly I'm perfectly fine for everything fitness/brains (lol) but that depression thing was bugging me so fucking hard.
>>
>>28854563
Lie your ass off.

What Recruiting center are you going to?
>>
>>28854568
Brisbane's
>>
>>28854571
Ah, same mate.

The mate running the YOU sessions is pretty good, for a Navyfag.

The psyche eval chicks have ice in their veins and are major cold bitches.
do not attempt any sort of humor with them at all, keep it professional.

also, dont go for the hand shake with them, it will not be returned and they'll just look at you.

got an appointment for the YOU session?
>>
>>28854555
>the Rifleman job is filled with bogan 18 year olds and incredibly smart 20 year olds.

Yeah that's what I thought.

>it's a mixed bag because everyone wants to bag a durka.

Myself included, So if I go Fitter Armament would I still be able to oper8 outside of the army in Private security or something?
>>
>>28854578
yeah booked it last Saturday, super keen
>>
>>28854583
Also I think I might have met that Navy dude at an info session I attended last week. He was a cool guy
>>
File: Ben Roberts Smith.jpg (198KB, 512x654px) Image search: [Google]
Ben Roberts Smith.jpg
198KB, 512x654px
>>28854580
Brutally honest, even Rifleman wont get to bag a durka till the feels police decide it'll be a fun time if we bomb the shit out of Assad's Regime.

RAAF will bag more durkas than any of us put together.

>>28854583
Good man, remember, business casual, maybe a tie clip, no vest, dont be a faggot.

also, get your hair cut a bit short
they wont like it if you got bushy blonde shit curling everywhere.
Why do you want to join the ADF?
>>
File: 1454572294136.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1454572294136.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>28854596
>Mfw I missed my generations vietnam

Ah well, thanks for answering my questions!
>>
File: 1424760463059.jpg (38KB, 620x347px) Image search: [Google]
1424760463059.jpg
38KB, 620x347px
>>28854478
This guy's face is just naturally goofy. Which is sad because with a bit of tweaking he could be a DILF
>>
>>28854596
>why do I wanna join
shit man make good mates, 'bag a durka', see funky parts of the world, and give something back to Australia.
+ I've always idolised men in the ADF so I figured why not join.
>>
File: MAJGEN_Angus_Campbell.jpg (766KB, 876x1380px) Image search: [Google]
MAJGEN_Angus_Campbell.jpg
766KB, 876x1380px
>>28854630
What camo is he wearing? It's fun. Like a decoration for a kid's party
>>
Other than medical reasons what can prevent you from enlisting/passing secret clearance?
What do they check for clearance?
I know this js very degenerate but do they go though your computer stuffs?
>>
>>28854637
Desert auscam
>>
>>28854631
Good man

you will get that question thrown at you alot by everyone in that recruiting station, so get prepared.

also, study up on what gear you'll be using like the F88 and F89 and where you'll be going to learn how to into Small unit tactics (Which in Riflemans case would be Singleton NSW).

What town are you from?

>>28854630
he's much less goofy in person, it's just a direct face on him makes it look like his eyes are crossed.

>>28854619
Wasnt even Vietnam
we didnt do to much, and the General who was in charge back in 2008 is working for the UAE as the head of the presidential guard now.
>>
>>28854672
Brisbane
>>
>>28854650
Thank you!
I wouldn't mind getting a fuzzy blanket with that pattern. It matches my room a bit
>>
File: 2365551_orig.jpg (286KB, 1066x800px) Image search: [Google]
2365551_orig.jpg
286KB, 1066x800px
>>28854681
One of my favourites. they make a regular version, a navy version, a desert version and a red version.
>>
>>28854678
>someone native to brissie wants to join the ADF

shit man, i hope you arent a soft cunt.

i have half a mind to grab a train down there and size you up to see how you'd do initially
>>
talking to my recruiter today, doing final paperwork. 35x option 40. i want f, but i would take p or m or even n if its available with a ranger slot.
with this i should be selected for SOT-A, correct? i know i dont have any say in the matter, but would it be safe to assume that there aren't many ranger qualified intel guys?
there was an intel anon talking about "tiger teams" a few threads back, if he's lurking, care to share any insight? thanks in advance
>>
>>28854694
haha fuck I knew this was gonna be the followup. 100% not a soft cunt, 100% mad cunt
>>
File: 1415813714161.jpg (3KB, 185x82px) Image search: [Google]
1415813714161.jpg
3KB, 185x82px
>>28854691
The DPDU and DPNU are the comfiest patterns I've ever seen.
>>
>>28854708
im not sure if i can believe you, after seeing the cancerous soft cunts i saw growing from the uni's in that city
fuck man, dont even get me started on what west end has grown into.
that fucking private uni there should be burnt the fuck down.

not even joking though, id probably catch a train down to brissie just to hang out with a fellow future retard.

how old are ya mate?
>>
>>28854691
I want some pajama pants with that DPNU pattern.
>>
>>28854728
>uni
>West end
fuck man you've seen the worst we have to offer, I'm so sorry.
>>
File: 1442235536357.jpg (68KB, 900x714px) Image search: [Google]
1442235536357.jpg
68KB, 900x714px
>>28854742
nah man, im from Caboolture, i've seen some shit
i liked Fortitude valley and central though
south bank is a bit iffy, lot's of tourists

Ever been to the strip clubs in fortitude valley?
The one from the train station (Tony's girls girls girls on brunswick? i think) is pretty good for the scummy dive it is.
Love and rockets is fucking over glamorized trash.

Anyway, back on topic.
You wont do much travelling in the ADF as we have a much lower presence than the burgers do.
you might get PNG or Darwin.
>>
>>28854767
Southbank is just fucking filled with 13 year olds.
I wouldn't mind even Darwin, furthest I've gone travelling is to fuckin Melbourne.
>>
File: 1453614744931.jpg (158KB, 1289x854px) Image search: [Google]
1453614744931.jpg
158KB, 1289x854px
>>28854728
i'm taking a gap year, should i abuse the system and let the government pay my engineering degree while working with cool planes?
>>
File: 1454995857327.jpg (10KB, 236x223px) Image search: [Google]
1454995857327.jpg
10KB, 236x223px
>>28854780
>Willingly going to Melbourne
Why?
im heading to Sydney on Thursday to see my grandfather die of lung and liver cancer, and even that event has less cancer than Melbourne's citizenry.
>>
>>28854785
Dont think they do the gap year thing anymore mate.
>>
>>28854793
I didn't believe all the rumours were true, but that place is a giant fuckin lefty shit-hole.
>>
>>28854626

>These people use the same board as you guys
>>
>>28854795
what can you tell me about my bright idea?
>>
>>28854806
>promoting your faggot thread
>>
>>28854814
4 years is the minimum required amount of time to serve in the ADF

so it'll be nearly 5 gap years and you'll be 23 by the time you start your degree.

pick a job like Areonautics enginneer or some shit, they train you hardcore for that role and then you can go work at boeing or Cuntas or lockheed.

Your life man.

>>28854804
my sister moved there and hasn't come back.
i get a bit worried every now and then.

i have only met two people who have moved here from Melbourne.
1 is a schizo hipster who wants to push his ex in front of a train and thinks A clockwork orange is cool, and the other is a film student who is a recovering heroin addict.
>>
>>28848396
He doesn't have any. Didn't you hear he was air force
>>
>>28854852
My uncle lives down there. Last time I spoke to him he was talking about how much he loves the Black lives matter movement.
>>
File: 1455023788472.jpg (11KB, 231x244px) Image search: [Google]
1455023788472.jpg
11KB, 231x244px
>>28854877
it's too late to save him, mate

now im gonna fuck off and play xcom for a bit

ill be here for hours in case you fucks are nocturnal
>>
>>28854888
haha nah I'm going too, cheers mate
>>
>live in gippsland
>go to Melbourne
>every 5th women has dyed hair, rimhorn glasses, uni student
>go to cbd
>marxisim posters every turn of the block
>st pauls cathedral has banner asking for more kebab refugees
>also chinks and indians
>>
>>28854706
are you that guy looking to go Lima after he's in? if so, yes, your Ranger plan sounds solid.

hope your PT is good..
>>
>>28854644
Anyone?
>>
>>28854994
yes, that's the plan. but other anons told me to kiss all my plans goodbye because everything changes once I'm in.
but yes, the reason i want 35f is to get a feel for different intelligence fields. then after a few years go for 35l. hopefully get to do some coolguy stuff with that. then my plan kind of branches into a couple of different paths. i could get out and try for an alphabet agency. i could try for ISA. i could try for WO. or i could try to go the full 20 as a 35f or 35l.

these are my goals/dreams/plans
>>
>>28855099
no they dont, anyone can get a security clearance.

but if its working for NSA or some really secret shit then yes.
>>
Hold me /meg/
>had a strong desire to serve in milt my entire life
>come from cunt whose defense recruitment has somewhat of a reputation for being unbelievably shitty, notorious for "losing papers" and sending applicants back for months for very small reasons. Anyway, very bureaucratic, and you cant disagree with them or they will fuck you.
>fly through all the interviews, everything going quite well
>get to psych test,(we use civilians for these and medical, not too sure why. but i digress) psychologist turns up a few hours late, one of the reservists has a bit of a go at her
>Im first up for psych interview, I get her, lucky me
>shes NOT in a good mood, quite snappy but I just answer the questions normally. Its just basic stuff like how close are you with the family, do you have experience working in a team, are you a murderer etc etc.

anyway its turning into a blog post and i dont want to rant so ill get straight to the point.
got a meme excuse and turned back for 12 months
ill be reapplying then, but so unlucky to be turned down again..

What is /meg/'s view on joining foreign armed forces?
I've heard the frenchies legion thrown around but from what i've read in autobios its not all that brilliant of an institution.
are there any other decent armed forces that accept foreigners?
>>
>>28855615
Holy shit nigger, are you me?
exact same thing happened to me.

i wouldnt bother with the foreign legions, especially if you only have to wait 12 months to reapply like me.

FFL isnt worth it mate.
just wait it out

what was the meme excuse she gave you?
>>
What does /k/ think of air force SERE instructors?
Basically innawoods gurus
>>
>>28855715
Lack of team work experience
bit odd considering i've played cricket, baseball and rugby all my life
although for actual work i only had store replenishment and restaurant hand at the time
I know DFR have a habit of preferring older applicants but the way it happened was a little back handed.

Wouldn't really have to be FFL, I can get EU citizenship because muh heritage but language would be a pain.
>>
>>28855939
>DFR

oh shit nigger, was this in brisbane?
>>
>>28855948
Nah Parramatta
Seems like its the whole country's recruiting system ay
>>
>>28855939
and if so, was this a blonde 40 year old looking woman who handled your psyche eval?

skinny as fuck too?
>>
>>28851509
Swim more. Way more.
Going after TACP rn and I've been lifting 5/6 days a week. You have to really want that shit.
>>
>>28855615
>how close are you with the family, do you have experience working in a team
Should I answer questions like this truthfully if I'm a loser NEET with very little human contact?
>>
>>28855968
No but close..
Late 40s, skinny, but brown hair
But hey theres always a chance she moved and dyed her hair.. as small as it may be
>>
>>28855963
well mate, i've got to wait till december 4th to try again this year.

remember the date, mate, remember that one full year from now, you're going to march back into that recruiting office and slam your fucking application on that cunt stains desk.

it keeps me going.

meme excuse i got was
>Not mature enough (i.e. not moved out of home by 18, WOW)
and
>not enough of a social group.

now im just going to bullshit and get into my nation's fucking army even if that skank likes it or not
>>
>>28855878
You get to torture pilots.
>>
>>28855878
adult boyscouts
>>
>>28846033
Reposting from here >>>/adv/16786836

I took the ASVAB and went through MEPS last week for the Navy. Got a 99 AFQT score, and was cleared medically.

They said I'm probably too old for NUPOC (26), and the better jobs (AECF) weren't available at the moment. I have around 120 college credits already with my Electrical Engineering degree, but my GPA is not really competitive enough for OCS.

I'll go back later this week to try to select a job. Anyone know of some really good programs I should look at? It doesn't have to be in the Navy, but I'd like to work with electronics or computers.

I'll probably go back tomorrow.
>>
>>28857265
Get CTN. Best job in the Navy.
>>
>>28857265
Army 35Q
>>
>>28851509
You need to swim a lot more if you want PJ. Watercon is where most people wash out.

>>28855982
You would get better results lifting 3 days a week, and you should be running and swimming more than you're lifting. If you're lifting 5-6 days a week then either you're not getting enough recovery and therefore holding back your progress or not working out as hard as your could in order to facilitate the high volume and therefore holding back your progress.
>>
>>28855878
Top tier job. My home board is /out/ so I was interested in SERE and then decided I would ruin my body and will just keep it a hobby
>>
I want to join the army national guard, If shtf can I go full army?
>>
>>28846033
Went to a Muhreens recruiter yesterday just to talk about the Marines, and apparently I'm eligible for the NROTC program. Only problem I could possibly see is I don't have complete range of motion in my left leg. I can bend it to a right angle but can't do much after that with it. I'm able to do squats and duckwalks though. Would this DQ me?
>>
>>28858120
If you can pass the physical your golden.
>>
>>28846094
Don't recruiters get double points towards their quota for convincing someone to go as nuke, or is that a myth?

Also, thinking of going Navy, but i haven't done much research yet. What sort of administrative personnel are put on ships vs the ones that are tossed in a base somewhere?
>>
>>28858142
Alright, I'm already in a fire academy which has required PT tests and tests in which we do obstacle courses in full fire gear plus breathing with our SCBAs. My first PT challenge I managed 24 pushups in one minute, 28 situps in one minute, held a plank for one minute, 4 pullups, and ascended and descended 3 flights of stairs twice in a minute. The recruiters also said I can basically do anything as long as I'm not colorblind.
>>
>>28858142
Also what's the physical like? What do they check for?
>>
>>28858120
Why not just serve in the Turian military?
>>
>>28858213
Because they wouldn't give me a $180k scholarship and officer's commission.
>>
Is it true that you get to have lots of gay sex in the Navy? What are my chances of catching an STD?
>>
So I was looking into engineering related jobs in the army, does anyone have any stories about whether the Prime Power School is a good idea? I'm currently in college as an EE major. Also is it for officers? Or do I need to dumb it down a notch, or just fuck off and do something else?
>>
File: IMG_20160208_011026.jpg (242KB, 834x877px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160208_011026.jpg
242KB, 834x877px
>>28846033
Posted this yesterday but got no serious replies

Anyone here manage to get in with pulmonary valve stenosis/heart murmur?
Pic related
>>
>>28858828
I don't think they allow 14 year olds to enlist.
>>
>>28858828
Just got back from MEPS, swore in today. Went 11x with an 8k quick ship bonus. Got a waiver for open heart surgery, no idea how it got approved. I put it up to a higher power.

Unrelated, I left my contract and other related paperwork in the baggage room at MEPS. How fucked am I?

Yes im aware I'm an idiot
>>
I'm 6' 4", 239 lbs and 18% body fat. Going to meps next week for the AFOQT and O-physical.

My recruiter is telling me to lose weight because "you don't want to be getting taped at meps." I'm not worried about it but I'm thinking she has told me three times to lose weight. I have doubled up my workouts and I just keep gaining muscle.

I really don't want to cardio myself into a pencil and be one of those guys who can do nothing but run. What do you guys think I should do?
>>
>>28859388
>I have doubled up my workouts and I just keep gaining muscle.
Congrats on gaining more weight.

Max weight for your height is 225
https://www.airforce.com/height-weight

Lose weight nigga. You can gain back the mass later.
>>
>>28859667

My point is that I am within reg so I am wondering if being taped is really that big a deal.
>>
>>28859696
>Max weight is 225
>Your weight is 239
>239 is higher than 225
>"within reg"

You don't suddenly become a woman if you're not the buffest person in the world, don't worry.
>>
>>28859720

The reg is 24% body fat. I don't know how to more plainly explain what I am asking.

Have you never served? Do you not know how this works?
>>
>>28859114
That paper is from 2010.

Also, >>28859188
>Waiver for open heart surgery.
Jesus.
>>
>>28859388
You don't lose weight by working out more, you lose weight by eating less. Stop being a fucking idiot and you will lose weight. You don't need to be that strong in the military anyway, you need endurance, not strength. Suck it the fuck up and do some cardio.
>>
>>28859829

I'm on a 2500 cal diet and I'm just doing body weight exercises, I just keep losing fat.

I already have an appointment with a nutritionist so I can lose weight without making myself sick. I'm not stupid enough to rely on you derps for actual heath information.
>>
>>28859910
10 scoops DNP EVERY DAY
>>
File: HNNNGGGHHH.jpg (29KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
HNNNGGGHHH.jpg
29KB, 604x453px
>>28859910

>enlisting in an armed force
>not leaving humanity behind

it's like you WANT to die
>>
File: 1450920050589.jpg (41KB, 371x360px) Image search: [Google]
1450920050589.jpg
41KB, 371x360px
I need an urgent response to this:

I'm about to graduate HS (yes I'm 18 ffs) and am considering joining the national guard to become a combat engineer for the time that I am in college and to see if the military is "for me" in a sense.
Is the NG a shitty idea if I'm only really doing it for those reasons? I was already planning on joining the Army post-college to become a Cavalry Scout or for a high level admin/INT job, but I got a call from the local NG recruiter the other day and it sounds like a pretty sweet opportunity considering they pay for a little of your college, you make a little bit of money, and you get to be in the military!
Anyway, all things considered, should I go ahead with this? I'm really skeptical, it is a 6 year contract and all, but I'd feel like a dick backing out now after conversing with the NG recruiter for so long.
>>
>>28860265
Oh, and I would also probably end up joining the Army after my contract was up with the NG, or I would just transfer to active duty after college on the tail end of my contract.
>>
>>28860265
If your Guard unit is deployed, you would have to drop the whole semester and your chance of getting a refund on your tuition is only "probably". It's not a bad idea but it will be disruptive to your schooling.
>>
>>28860327

I agree. I'm doing air guard but I'm commissioning and already a working professional. It doesn't seem like too good an idea for a kid whose focus is college unless paying for school is a huge problem for you.

I say try for rotc in school then commission if you want to live out some cowadooty fantasy or otherwise just want to say that you are in the military.

In the unit I'm going to it is a pretty regular occurrence for people to drop some semesters in order to do their two weeks of guard obligation. If possibly taking 6-8 years to graduate is acceptable to you then go for it.
>>
>>28846033
Hospital Corpsman here, ask away to me for questions about the navy or about HMs.
Also I'm looking to get into STA-21 so I can commission later on.
>>
>>28859739
they'll weight you, if you pass 225, you'll be taped. what are your tape measurements?
>>
File: 1454543144653.jpg (239KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1454543144653.jpg
239KB, 667x1000px
Is Corpsman/68W about the only jobs that will prepare me for a nursing degree? Also is it possible to get said degree while active duty?
>>
>>28860717
if you want to help me
>>28860749
>>
>>28860749
>>28860791
I gotcha
68W isn't your only option in the army, there is a whole 68 series, many medics do go to the hospital, but the army has an LPN MOS (68C) which gives you a wider scope of practice than corpsmen, airforce and army medics in the hospital.
I know the navy does have programs that let you obtain your degree while active duty, for technical or nursing fields as long as you maintain a certain gpa. I'm pretty sure the army has programs too.

https://www.cool.army.mil/enlisted/68c.htm
>>
>>28860749

I'm not the corpsman who posted.

I'm just curious why you think being one would help you for nursing school or being a nurse in general. Do you have squeamishness issues?
>>
>>28860810
To be fair, I think being a corpsman or medic is a good entry level place to be before someone decides if they want to continue through the medical field. That was my rationale, and though I enjoy what I do I don't plan on staying medical.
>>
>>28860810
>>28860837
It would give me some headstart in the medical field, plus it'd allow me to pay for college via HPSP
>>
>>28860837

I guess so, just seems like a waste of time to me though since IVs and taking vitals doesn't compare to being a CCU RN.
>>
>>28861066
I agree on that bit, it doesn't compare but I guess it can really open up someone's eyes and they can just re rate or do admin work if they hate it.
>>28861053
I would honestly go for 68c if you're that interested in becoming a nurse. I wouldn't do that option though if you're planning on going with infantry and being operational though.
>>
What's /meg/'s view on Bsc graduates? Piss poor job prospects are leaning me towards the Navy, I'm not at all patriotic but I see it as a simple and reliable way of getting out of this shite "job market." Australian shitposter btw.
>>
>>28861295
i feel the same way as an amerilard
im also going navy
>>
File: 1454028140869.png (95KB, 400x391px) Image search: [Google]
1454028140869.png
95KB, 400x391px
>>28860690
Well the thing that appealed to me about it was the fact that it was essentially part time, and that I wouldn't be doing a program such as ROTC, where you are doing that pretty much full time (at least that's my understanding?). I'm not trying to go become a "mad SOF operator" or anything like that, I have no expectation that I will even get close to that during my theoretical time in the Guard, I just want to see if it is really what I want to do and then make a decision from there.
My later plan in life was to go for federal law enforcement such as US Marshals, FBI, or domestic CIA (I know very little about the latter). So essentially I just want to join the military for a bit of a resume, to give a little back to the country, and to get some experience in a government service position.
I also wouldn't mind getting deployed to somewhere cool like Italy or Germany, somewhere that people aren't going to cut my head off, and I do have an affinity for exotic and interesting places.
I have no view of what kids often describe in these threads as "combat" to be something that is lusted after or that I will in any way enjoy it if I am put in the situation.
If I could get into a military academy, I would go for that, but I don't see that happening considering the slim acceptance rate and other than fairly above average grades I don't have much that stands out on an application to such an institution.
>>
>>28857833
Good looks bud
>>
>>28861295
American here, also considering Navy, and for the same reasons. I'm not especially patriotic, but as long as you do your job well, who cares how patriotic you are? The military is a job like any other.
>>
Can anyone clue me in on the Navy's Nurse Candidate Program? It says it pays for 34,000 towards nursing school...but is that it? That's enough for maybe one year, wouldn't it just be better to do your service as something else and then get 100% coverage with the GI Bill?
>>
Get out of the army in 6 months when my initial contract is up and I'm scared as fuck tbhonest.
I'm a medic, never had the opportunity to deploy and basically did nothing for the past 3.5 years. Never even did anything medical really since garrison.

Part of me wants to stay in and hope maybe I'll get to actually do something and see something, maybe actually deploy and me an actual fucking medic.
But I just hate the army too much. Motor pool Mondays and working on tracks that will never work and I don't use, layouts for no reason, morning PT, and all the bullshit like printing certs and having to sacrifice a child to go on leave, and the sharp/EO kinda bullshit.

What do? Get out and get on with my life knowing my enlistment was a joke? Stay in and PCS or something and hope something better happens round 2.
Or even I was thinking of getting out and going to France to give the FFL a try, to see if they could give me what the U.S. Army isn't.
>>
Post 9/11 or Montgomery G.I. Bill?
>>
>>28862596
Sorry m8, you just got unlucky and peacetime happened
>>
>>28862634
http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/comparison_tool.asp
See which one is good for you
>>
>>28855878
Sounds really fun actually

Get paid to learn and teach survival skills that could actually save your life in dire situations

shit I might just do this

Do SERE guys have to be PJ level fitness god to join?
>>
>>28862763
And the thing is I literally missed an SF attachment Afghanistan deployment by just a few months.
They deployed while I was in AIT so by the time I got to the unit it was too late, immediate rear D
>>
>>28862937
You could reenlist and wait it out, see if we get dragged into some conflict
>>
>>28862596
Get a shot at RASP or SFAS.
>>
>>28862596
What's your PT like? Why don't you drop an SFAS packet and go out for 18D?
>>
>>28862876
Not quite (just look at the PAST and grad standards) but nothing to take lightly. Also study up on all your survival skills. I'm sure they teach you from an elementary level but it couldn't hurt to go in with some knowledge
>>
>>28862876
Pretty much. SERE fitness requirements and training/selection is pretty much on par with SOF. If they weren't basically just teachers they would probably be real SOF.
>>
>>28854767
>>saluting with the left hand
>>
>>28858109

If SHTF, the National Guard will deploy. They won't make you active duty though, and converting over is very hard.
>>
>>28860265

You can't just "join the Army" from the National Guard. It is harder for a former Guardsman to join active duty than it is for a civilian.
>>
>>28862634
Post-9/11 is better in 90% of cases. Only times when Montgomery GI Bill is worth paying for is if you're going to a super cheap college in a rural state, or you're doing something weird that the Post-9/11 won't pay for.
>>
File: 1400496869156.png (327KB, 885x1103px) Image search: [Google]
1400496869156.png
327KB, 885x1103px
>Shipping out for Navy Basic in August

>Just realized I'm poised for Marine Combat Training at the tail end of winter

Should've taken the June ship date.
>>
My friend is a woman and wants to either join the air force or the navy after graduating college. Advice for her?
>>
>>28864180
Talking in the third person is an automatic DQ.
>>
>>28864230
What?
>>
File: 1417126707771.jpg (32KB, 530x416px) Image search: [Google]
1417126707771.jpg
32KB, 530x416px
>>28864180
>My friend
uh huh
>>
>>28857972
Fuck that you become a teacher
Good knowledge never actually apply it>>28862876
>>28863233
No harder than regular military not that hard
More interrogation starvation bs than pt
>>
>>28864309
not lying though. i would join myself but i don't think i'll pass the test.
>>
File: stock photo guy.jpg (178KB, 750x864px) Image search: [Google]
stock photo guy.jpg
178KB, 750x864px
How many opportunities will there be for people to laugh at my small dick in basic training.

I'm a 5" at the absolute most, probably closer to 4" and a half. That's erect, it's comparatively worse flaccid because it's a grow'r and not a show'r. Like a small acorn.
>>
>>28864302
>>
>>28864393
Every time you shower
Have fun!
>>
File: singlesix.jpg (51KB, 553x352px) Image search: [Google]
singlesix.jpg
51KB, 553x352px
Is a limp a autoban, even if you can hump within the 50th%?
>>
>>28864440
SAT pls go
>>
>>28864393
It's your penis, own it. What the fuck else are you gonna do

I'm not much bigger than you but when I fuck I always cum
>>
>>28864478
But does she?
>>
>>28857833
Thanks m8 I'll start swimming after a couple of my lifting days since its such a low impact activity

I'm mostly gonna work on 500m, 100 m no breathing and I want to try to incorporate water indoc stuff, any ideas? I'm trying to do stuff like tread water with arms tied behind back for as long as possible. or certain calisthenics with goggles filled with water. Any other recommendations?
>>
>>28864504
>caring if a women cums

I really hope you dont do this
>>
File: 1433580082782.jpg (1MB, 5034x3356px) Image search: [Google]
1433580082782.jpg
1MB, 5034x3356px
>>28864547
Ah, so your dick is too small to please a women
>>
>>28864572
>worrying if your dick is big enough please women during sex to validate your existence

You do you bro
>>
>>28864408
oh well thanks anyway.
>>
>>28864602
>Grill here
>navy or airforce
>advice pls

What the fuck do you even want to know? How to not get knocked up during your contract?
>>
>>28864647
This
We need more info.
What was your major?
What are you interested in?
What are you good at?
Why do you want to join?
What will make you choose one over the other?
What made you interested in them in the first place?
Do you wish to be an officer or enlist?
>>
>>28864704
>>28864647
She honestly thought she could get a 4 page response from that 10 word prompt. Women are always good at that shit. I remember when chicks from high school would take a short answer question that could be answered in 2 sentences and write page after page after page. Obviously, it was all bullshit, no substance. And of course women project their own personality onto everyone around them so it's not wonder why she assumed that vague question would get a detailed answer.

Ask a real question and we'll likely give you a real answer.
>>
>>28864326
Have you read anything about the rucking they do? During training they run something like 5-8 miles a day with 5-10 miles of rucking on top
>>
>>28864518
For the goggles of water, make sure it's a mask that covers your nose. That's what makes it hard. A water confidence thing I had suggested to me was to get small objects like quarters or washers or something and throw them into the pool and try to collect a certain number of them before surfacing, with the goal of throwing in several and being able to get them all before coming up
>>
>>28864890
>>28864890
>get small objects like quarters or washers or something and throw them into the pool and try to collect a certain number of them before surfacing
Shit I used to do that as a kid. I know there's something where you sink manually until you're on the floor the you come up but i don't know what to google that to find the specific training technique, do you know what I'm referencing? I remember as a kid going to the deep end, exhaling and then seeing how long I could lay on the bottom of the pool until I had to race up for air. I'm confident in the water, just not fast..

And yeah, that's the plan, goggles over the nose while doing stuff like flutter kicks, planks, treading water and such
>>
How can a college degree help you?

I'm in college right now but if trump actually won the presidency I'd consider joining. I think I'd go army.

I want to be a scout or reconnaissance or something. Does that exist? Not trying to be a badass operator or anything.
>>
>>28865431
You can enlist as an e4 in the army with a bachelors. Or go to OCS. But if you go OCS you probably won't get any of the "good" jobs. Gotta be academy or ROTC to get the fun ones.
How far along in college are you?

> I want to be a scout or reconnaissance or something. Does that exist? Not trying to be a badass operator or anything.
Yes, they exist, but what you're probably thinking of is operator tier(see AF CCT)
>>
>>28865431
>I'm in college right now but if trump actually won the presidency I'd consider joining.
u wot
>>
>>28865471
I just started college. I would like to actually get a degree though, since that'd mean I would be the first male in my family to get a degree.

Plus I'm a only child and I don't want to go die and not even give my parents the satisfaction of me finishing college
>>
>>28865513
Are you paying for college out of pocket? Go ROTC. They'll pay for your degree, room and board and a small stipend and you'll comission as an officer when you graduate. Be a PT stud(you've got 3+ years) and you can pretty much pick what you want to do as an officer, meaning you can go infantry. If you've got the balls you could even be an 18A for a few years before running SOF teams
>>
File: canadaintensifies.jpg (11KB, 260x200px) Image search: [Google]
canadaintensifies.jpg
11KB, 260x200px
Syrupnigger here,
I applied to join the Army Reserves about 2 years ago, but I never completed my application process due to family drama/shenanigans which required my immediate attention.
My GC Key application is closed because of this. how fucked am I?
>>
>>28865572
Well right now my college is essentially free because I'm using my dads Navy benefits
>>
Is the serve the army for 20 years and then retire option still viable? Can I, say, enlist for 4 or 6 years, then get my degree, then join as an officer until those 20 years have been reached?
I'm even considering serving more than 20 years. I'm fascinated by the bureaucracy of it all and what makes this overdesigned hulking monstrosity of a military, tick. I'd like an inside view, a chance to see how things really operate.
>>
I'm really feeling shirty about not being born in America

My grades in school were alright, I got the best result on the aptitude test, I passed a language aptitude test, I pass fitness standards, I was giving information to other applicants on the interview day about things they were curious of, I passed the medical, I passed the psych test... but because I haven't done paid work for anybody but my parents and live with them and don't participate in team sports I've got to wait 12 months before I can try again
>>
>>28855615
Are you me?

Did I make this post drunk last night?
>>
>>28853774
Why tho
>>
So I'm thinking of drastically changing my life plan and joining the military. Doing this for many reasons, one of which is I feel like I need some direction in my life.
While I'm in the military, I want to get as much training and become as operator as I can. I know I won't end up joining Delta, but I want to get as elite as I CAN while I'm in. My dream job is being a firearms instructor, so the more shit as I can get on my resume to look legit for that the better.
A little background, I'm 21, I got my GED so I could skip my last year of high school and go straight to college, then ended up dropping out of college in a couple months. Took the ASVAB in high school and got a 97 if I remember correctly, I know it was mid-high 90s. I know I'll have to retake it now, but hopefully I'll score similarly.
So what's the best branch/MOS to go for? I was thinking Army infantry or sapper, and try to become a Ranger or Special Forces if I'm able to make the cut. Is there a better path I could take?
>>
>>28864119
>Marine Combat Training
wut?
>>
I got this guy I work with in the NG that is a 92W. Apparently this fucking guy is paying some 200 dollars or so a month to get some preferential treatment to go to school so he can get promoted to Staff Sergeant.

Guy's a total scumbag to be honest. 260lbs, 6' 1-2".
>>
>>28866349
You can still serve 20, but most people don't. It breaks you down and is a lot of bullshit to put up with. Probably half of new recruits think they're going to do a full career when they start, but that plan rarely survives.
>>
>>28866553

You need to finish a semester of college. Only having a GED makes you a shit tier recruit and limits your options.

If you want to be SOF, don't just sign up for vanilla infantry. You need either an Option 40 contract (Ranger) or an 18X contract (green beret).
>>
US Army policy on joining while owning private firearms? I was told they would give you extra paperwork.
>>
>>28866793
If you live in the barracks you have to store them in the armory. Otherwise, you can store them at home.

There's a bit of extra paperwork because being a firearm owner makes you a high risk soldier, but it is no big deal.
>>
>>28866852
Ok, thanks!
>>
How does the job selection process go? Can I negotiate the terms and stuff? Do I get some kind of offer in writing that I can review at home? If I accept it, am I immediately in the military?

>>28857565
>>28857624
Thanks. One of the jobs they showed me was CTT, so I'll ask about that and SECF when I go in today.
>>
>>28858627
99% of those are curable, so it's whatever
>>
>>28864393
If anyone says shit it means they're staring at your dick, which is a whole 'nother issue
>>
>>28866543
It's just a shitty job in general. Hire a bunch of 18-24 y.o. high-functioning autists to learn theoretical physics in six months, or face having to get kicked over to the "real navy" whatever the fuck that means, yeah, a few of them may want to whack themselves at some point. Then you git 2da boat thinking life'll git betta and it turns out to be even worse. "Hurrrr it gets better after ORSE" nah son, it gets better only after your fucking EAOS.
>>
>>28856244
Adult boyscouts that get paid a little over 60k a year.
Not rich but well off doing a job that's paradise for some people.
>>
>>28862876
Yeah I've heard most SERE guys are PT studs.
Not good if you like bodybuilding or are a competitive powerlifting.
They don't solely instruct.
They have plenty of opportunities to put their skills to the test.
Meaning living in a "survival" situation.
Losing 10-15 pounds that atrophy will fuck with your lifts.
Only met one in person but he loved it.
Most /k/ and /out/ guy I've ever met.
He loved getting sent out and also loved instructing the survival classes.
Even on leave he would travel somewhere to camp with a knife and flint and just chill for a couple weeks.
>>
>>28867584
i didn't say it like it was a bad thing
>>
>>28867647
Still underplayed it.
They get to kayak through rapids, SCUBA dive, rock climb, and some of them even get to do HALO.
>>
>>28867695
my dad is retired 18D and now does SOCMSSC courses, him and the SERE dudes are a bunch of boy scouts, literally. I've gone camping with SERE instructors, SEALs, Rangers, green berets, always fun.

>in case anyone is wondering, yes, it is a constant pissing contest between all the "factions"
>>
>>28867805
>Literally
Nah.
They're MAN scouts
>>
>>28867838
>they are all literally scoutmasters and previous eagle scouts
>>
>>28867856
Literally all of them?
Every last one?
Literally?
I didn't realise that was a requirement
>>
>>28867865
the ones i know, quit being an autistic faggot.

>(you) "hey anon, what time is it?"
>"hey, 9:30"
>(you) "well ACTUALLY its 9:28. its not really 9:30 anon, is it?"
>(you) "iiiis it?"
>>
>>28864704
I was just looking for general advice from your own experiences. No need to get angry.

What was your major?
HER major is criminal justice

What are you interested in?
she doesn't really know yet. Maybe to be an officer there.
What are you good at?
that i can't tell you
Why do you want to join?
I always hear her say that she wants to leave her house and gain independence. She finds the military to be exciting.
What will make you choose one over the other?
jobs or salary. don't really know.
What made you interested in them in the first place?
she thinks that it will get her security in life. job, house, stable pay.
Do you wish to be an officer or enlist?
officer
>>
>>28868078
>her
>she
>her
>she
>she
>she
>>
So /meg/ I'm going to MEPS in Raleigh on Friday.

What should I expect, should I bring anything in particular? I wear glasses so should I bring my prescription? I am going for Navy Corpsman, how do I tell the recruiter that if I can't get that job than I am not particularly interested in going Navy and am willing to go Army and do 68W, but I 'd much prefer Corpsman. I have a 96 on the ASVAB so I feel like I might be able to get away with being a little bit picky.

Also I wont graduate until early May, so would they still be willing to let me not ship out till Mid to late June? Figured I could use the extra time to be sure I can max the PFT. Will they immediately dismiss me if I am unwilling to budge on my rate? Or will they let me workout a way to let me come back again when the rate is available if it is not available at the time?

Thanks
>>
>>28868815
All those questions are something that can be answered by your recruiter. You should have asked them those questions earlier.
>>
>>28868838
But my recruiter is a shit, and the only thing he wants to hear from me is that I changed my mind and decided to go nuke
>>
>>28868899
Then switch recruiters. That's a thing you can do. Unless that's the only recruiter for miles around, I guess.
>>
>>28868181
>implying
>>
What's the best army officer MOS if you want to travel?
>>
>>28853774
Was a nuke, can confirm. Fast attack subs are probably the worst by a huge margin. Nuke school wasn't as hard as people say it was. Its just a nuclear technology AAS condensed into 12 months. The fleet is where the real pain begins
>>
>>28866948
Dont forget the rampant alcoholism. Pretty sure the ELTs were drinking booze in nucleonics. Did an OP14 drunk once.
>>
>>28853978
>If you're right and it's literally impossible for any woman to meet the standards, then under this system they wouldn't be let in.

Not him, and definitely don't think it's impossible for a few women to meet the minimum male standards, but come on anon that's not at all how that would work.

>Civilian leadership pushes for greater gender representation in combat arms
>Expecting not to have standards lowered to meet parity

I mean, the APFT and most Army PT is garbage and should probably look more like the Canucks PT tests, but if females can't pass it in enough numbers to meet pressure the standard will be lowered.

It's not something unique to females either, the same happens in MOS that need bodies. I went through AIT with schmucks (many male, and for reasons other than PT) at Ft. Huachuca that should not have been anywhere near the Army Intelligence School, but it was the middle of the surge and intel MOSs needed bodies so they were pushed through.
>>
>>28868974
Sort of, I live in a pretty rural area, next closest recruiter is about an hour and a half drive away
>>
File: Based Westboro.jpg (68KB, 400x576px) Image search: [Google]
Based Westboro.jpg
68KB, 400x576px
>>28846033
get a real job stupid fucking losers and stop getting stolen money.
>>
>>28846033
I only have a 90 degree flexion motion in my left knee, my right knee is completely okay. I know that it says 110 degrees but would I be able to skirt through it in MEPs or something or no?
>>
I'm interested in IT in the US military, I've been looking at Air Force but also the Marines, I'm guessing go with Air Force?
>>
>>28866865
Just finished. I'll be an E-4 SECF, if all goes well. If I'm lucky, my application to go into the nuclear program will be accepted with the age waiver.

Feel like I just sold my soul desu though.
>>
>>28855982
Not him, but how should I train for swimming as far as... are there any established standards?
>>
>>28866948
>nukes
>doing theoretical physics
Not at all. Nukes are technicians, not engineers.
>>
>>28867584
>60k
you wot? They are not officers
>>
>>28870052
Google PJ swim test. 500m in 10 minutes or something like that and a pass/fail 2x25m underwater. That's to get in, not to graduate.
>>
I enlisted for the first time back in October 2013, and for reasons got discharged in BCT the next April. I'm back in now, with the same MOS as before (35N), only I'm getting a bonus now unlike last time. How do bonuses work?
>>
What MOS should I do if I want to be a combat medic in the army?
>>
>>28870327
whyd you get discharged?
>>
>>28869373
You're an absolute fucking idiot if you think the situation you mentioned and the situation with females and standards have anything to do with one another.

It's incredibly difficult to screen initially for someone's effectiveness in an intelligence role. If you're not just suffering from confirmation bias and actually are correct that they just needed more people then they needed more WORKERS.

Hiring women has absolutely nothing to do with getting more workers where they need them. They hire females because they're females. That's it. In Australia, they have jobs that are only recruiting women, not because they're better soldiers but because they have a vagina. This military recruiting practice in Australia will deny fitter, experienced, more intelligent men over weak, young and less intelligent females.

This is cancer.
>>
So I plan on being a pilot in the AF, and I was thinking about my career options after my service.
If I can't find any good pilot positions after the military, I would interested in being a police officer.
I know military service helps a lot in becoming a police officer, but would it be easy to become a police officer after being a pilot?
>>
>>28869795
Navy is probably your best shot at IT. Army also has some cool advanced tech jobs. You're right that Marines are a bad choice, but the AF is overrated.
>>
>>28871104
You can pilot for certain private security companies.
I know a guy that flew for Blackwater when they were still called blackwater.
I don't remember what kind of plane but I'd imagine a C130 or C17
>>
>>28869553
This guy was DQ'd at MEPS after failing the tape test on his titties
>>
>>28870221
I made about 60k civvy equivalent as an E5 and I wasn't even in an expensive area. Bennies add up. If you're somewhere like Hawaii you can get out as mid-career enlisted and a 70k+ civilian job is actually a pay cut.
>>
>>28870221
They qualify for a few special pays.
Google that shit yourself m8
>>
>>28871273
Wow I hadn't even thought of that. That sounds great
>>
>>28871323
Don't get your hopes up.
This guy had a hell of a resume.
I don't know how long he was in the military but he was a pilot for the MFF school in southern AZ.
The school is a small community so I won't give any more details than that.
But even still there's a lot of jobs for pilots of different aircraft.
What did you want to fly?
Helicopters you can do search and rescue or that fire shit to put out forest fires. Even crop dusting for agriculture.
Plenty for planes as well.
>>
>>28870892
18d
>>
>>28870892
Maybe the only MOS that is a combat medic.
68w
Unless you have the sack and brains to be SF 18D
>>
>>28871247
Huh never thought about navy, uncle did 20 and doesn't recommend it, tells me constantly to go for the big blue
>>
>>28871247
>the AF is overrated.
Yup. People only like it because they get to stay stateside more often so it's just like any 9-5 office job. Basically, Air Force is for people that want to join the military, but hate everything about the military.
>>
>>28870955

I was in really, really bad shape. I didn't pass the APFT, and they discharged me after graduation.
>>
>>28872003
>uncle did 20 and doesn't recommend it
Did he say why? I was thinking of going Navy, and it's hard to find negative opinions in places like this.
>>
>>28866769
How hard is it to get an 18 contract? Would I improve my chances if I join the reserves now and go through 4 years of college and try to go in as a SF Officer?
>>
>>28873035

Getting an 18X contract is pretty easy, be decently fit/smart and don't have a bad criminal/health history. It is getting through the next couple years of training that is the hard part.

If you commission as an officer you will almost certainly never be Special Forces. They don't do direct accessions for officers, you have to apply later in your career and you get one shot.
>>
>>28864046
So even after your contract is up and you're all done, it is harder for you to join up with the active duty army afterwards than it is for a civilian to?
This can't be right...
>>
>>28872003

Lots of people have family members that "did 20" and think the Air Force is awesome because they served in some bullshit job during the 80s or 90s.

The truth is that your job determines how good life is much more than your service. Navy ITs (and to a greater extent, CTNs) get a pretty solid quality of life and great training.

It may seem counterintuitive, but taking advice from old guys who served for decades is almost certainly worse than taking advice from a junior guy who got out recently. The military of 2016 is not much like the military 20 or 30 years ago.

It is the civilian equivalent of grandpa telling you to "go to college and be a doctor, even if you hate it" because he decided to go into the trades 60 years ago and knows that them college boys have it made. It isn't applicable advice to the current day.
>>
>>28873098
Alright, so if I want to go 18 my best bet is to go enlisted.
Would I be able to get an 18 contract under the stipulation that I will sign up for reserve as infantry or something while I do a year of college, then after completing the year I go active as SF?
>>
File: stay frosty.jpg (320KB, 702x1118px) Image search: [Google]
stay frosty.jpg
320KB, 702x1118px
Is it normal to feel like it was all a dream?

Sorry if it isn't on topic but I did not want to start a thread for this since there already are some vets here.
>>
So, which MOS should I take so I can cry like a bitch?

pic very much related.
>>
File: navy-passing-out-parade.jpg (120KB, 673x447px) Image search: [Google]
navy-passing-out-parade.jpg
120KB, 673x447px
Britfag here, here's a very general question

Should I apply to become an officer in the Royal Navy?

I'm 24, did a degree, then did a computer job but really hated it. I don't have any previous military experience at all. But the idea just seems cool.

Would I stand a chance?
>>
>>28873176

No. Going reserves makes it harder to go active later, not easier.

There is national guard SF, but since you still have years of training up-front, the difference isn't that big.
>>
>>28871020
>You're an absolute fucking idiot if you think the situation you mentioned and the situation with females and standards have anything to do with one another.

It's pretty easy to tell if they aren't going to be suitable if they are at the bottom range of GT score and if you witnessed them doing absolutely stupid shit throughout the pipeline.

And they are pushed through basic and AIT despite stealing, openly displaying gang affiliation etc.

And it's comparable because both are under pressure to meet a quota (or in the case of females in combat arms, will be).

It's like you didn't even read what I actually typed you fucking sperg.
>>
>>28874473
arguing with an aussie
>>
>>28873148
Reason I take his advice is because he finished last year and wished he went blue, his mos was nuke so I'm guessing that's why. Idk why but navy doesn't sound appealing, I just want IT really any of the 35 from army seem alright
>>
>>28874503
I figured that out, but I thought I could converse with him in English.

My bad, let me translate:

Bogey dingo ate my baby emu war Foster's hippity hoppity on the barbie who needs guns.
>>
>>28874564

Army 35 series is intel, not "IT". The Army equivalent to IT is the signal field, 25-series.

In most services now you will find a separation between the "IT" side (supporting technology to enable others to do their job) and the "cyber" side (conducting warfare with technology). That's the difference between Army 25B and 17C, for instance, or Navy IT and CTN.
>>
>>28872492
he was nuke for around 8 years, pretty much it
>>
>>28874620
is there a more marketable mos? I'm going to enlist here soon with my AA then use my gi bill to get my bachelors after my 4
>>
>>28874473
I did read what you wrote and it was fucking retarded.

I guarantee what you have is hindsight, after the fact, judging the performance of people. A confirmation bias.

And it is not comparable because in one situation you're hiring people to meet a real demand of workers and the other is a completely artificial and arbitrary demand. It's like if they said tomorrow that they need more people below 5'8" to meet a diversity quota. You can't see the difference there and that's a pretty good indication of the type of people they let into "american """intelligence""" ".
>>
>>28874371
Damn, I was hoping to go reserves to help pay for the year of college...
>>
>>28874774

Apply for the FAFSA and go to a community college. It should cost you almost nothing. Going into the reserves (possibly a year of up-front training) to get money so you can go to college for just one year is silly.
>>
>>28875057
What is FAFSA?
>>
>>28875075
Money from the gubment for school
>>
>>28875075
Financial aid
I get all my tuition payed for by my state, and I get a 3k a semester pell grant
It's pretty sweet
Not enough for a full uni though, which is why I'm joining the Army
>>
>>28875149
You still your parents dependent? How much do they make?
>>
>>28874762
>I did read what you wrote
Clearly you didn't.

>I guarantee what you have is hindsight, after the fact, judging the performance of people. A confirmation bias.

That's an argument you could make, but it's not true.

>And it is not comparable because in one situation you're hiring people to meet a real demand of workers and the other is a completely artificial and arbitrary demand.

And in both situations the Army decided to lower what was an acceptable standard in order to meet a quota.

Just as will happen when pressure is applied upon TRADOC to put more females into combat arms MOS.

>You can't see the difference there

I didn't say there wasn't a difference between a "diversity quota" and a real need for bodies, you're reading something I never wrote.

I'm saying that the outcome will be the same: A lowering of standards.

Again: did you actually read what I typed, or are you getting your jimmies rustled in a knot because of something you think I wrote?

>and that's a pretty good indication of the type of people they let into "american """intelligence""" ".

Man you are salty as fuck.

Tell me again, when was the last time Australia was relevant in any meaningful way on the world stage? You're like the most useless of the Five Eyes.

Stay cucked.
>>
>>28875338
My dad's been on SSD, so on paper it's 23k a year
>>
>>28860717
so im trying to get a commission but i'd really like to be a corpsman, think i should give it up if i dont hear back by next month and just go for corpsman, being a FMF one would be great, i know its a lot of work but fuck it
>>
>>28872492
>4chan
>hard to find negative opinions

>>28873035
Getting the contract is not that hard. Passing selection and training is the hard part.
>>
>>28846033

12B reservist here.

If I transfer to active duty for the six mandatory months, what are my chances of getting into the rangers?
>>
>>28875702
If you hang out near Benning for any length of time, I bet you could get into some rangers.
>>
>>28869553
>stolen money
I assume you mean taxes?

If you want to go through this vein of logic, then you would have to also say that ALL government/tax paid jobs are for stupid fucking losers

This includes police, FBI, CIA, DEA, DoD, FDA, FAA, IRS, firefighters, you're saying they are all fucking stupid losers stealing money?
>>
>>28866542
Fellow Australian no doubt?
>>
Does it become significantly easier to transfer from the reserve to active duty during wartime? I hear it's hard as fuck right now.
>>
>>28876508
Don't you mean "let some Rangers get into you?"
>>
>>28875057
So during the one year of college to make myself a more wanted recruit, does it matter what courses I take? How many will I need?
>>
>>28877652

The "one year of college" thing is mostly a requirement for those with GEDs. You need 15~ credit hours in order to be put on the same level as someone with a High School diploma. It doesn't really matter what they're in, but working on some applicable general education that you can later transfer would be good.
>>
>>28877546

It will only become easier when the reserves are overstrength and active duty is understrength. If a war kicks off, they'll probably both need more people so it won't help if you want to transfer.

What makes the process so difficult is that you're asking permission from both sides of the fence. You need permission from NG/reserve boss to leave and you simultaneous need permission from active duty to join up as a prior service recruit (typically undesirable). Right now the reserves are expanding while active duty is shrinking, so both sides are going to tell you no.
>>
>>28877599
Have you been to Benning? Could be either.
>>
ADF question:
>>28855999
Will they really enforce that maturity thing hard on someone that just wants to be a regular grunt? I'm only 18, and still in my parents home
I'd consider myself a mature person if you're also wondering.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.